Speaker 1: And I just turned around and I call ass out of there.
Speaker 2: I was done. I wasn't deal with them. The hypocrisy of the cult is one of the things that turned me away the quickest. When I turned my head lights on, it turned and looked at us.
Speaker 3: And one of the things I remember the most, where the eyes were glowing red. I see an orb of light. It is just circling these steps like it is waiting for me. And he begins to tell them that he saw a UFO.
Speaker 2: They're basically like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: That's seven foot up on a tree, peeking around it, and that's where I saw the top of the muzzle, noose and the eyes. As soon as I made eye contact with this thing, it don't like death. Welcome back to tenfoil Teals. I'm your host Brandon Wright. Tonight's episode. We're gonna be joined by my guest, Carissa. Chris is a comic book writer that dives into a lot of cryptids in one of the series that she's been writing. It's a little different than what we normally talk about here, but it is cryptid related. Chris also had a experience once with a shadow person, so we talk a little bit about that. But before we bring her on, you've ever had an experience and you'd like to be on an episode of ten foil Tells, there's a couple of things you can do. You can go to tenfoiltales dot com and go to the contact section, or you can send an email to tenfoil Tales podcast to gmail dot com. Either way it works for me. It's just make sure to reach out and we will get somebody schedule for a future episode. If you'd like to help the podcast out, please share it a round. Word of mouth is the best way of helping the podcast grow. You can also leave a five star rating and review wherever you listen to tenfoiltals at so just make sure to click the five stars and it helps me with the algorithms. If you're like me and you don't like hearing all the ads on the episodes, you can go to the Patreon and become a member. There's a free membership and a paid membership. With a paid membership, you get early access to all the episodes and they're all ad free. There's also some exclusive content. It's only one dollar ninety nine cents a month, so if you're interested in that, you might want to go over there and check it out. For more information, you can find that in the show notes. Speaking of the show notes, you can also get the PO box addressed and my phone number to reach out to Tenfoil Tels. You can leave a voicemail, a text, any of your information. If you'd like to be a guest on the show or have some cool stuff you'd like to send me. You can send anything weird or strange or whatever it is you think it might pick my interest. You can find that information in the show notes. Also, make sure to follow me around on social media. We're going to go ahead now and dive into the conversation with Carissa, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show. I'd like to take this time and welcome my guest tonight, Carissa. Thanks for coming on here and talking to me.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Before we dive into anything, I usually ask the guest a little bit about themselves. But before I do that, I have to point out one thing. Your name is the exact name of my daughter's, same spelling, and that's what really caught my attention. The first time that I've never seen anyone else have their name of Carissa spelled the same way. I've seen it with a C, ch and A, but I'm never just a co r. So you're the first besides my daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, apparently I was supposed to be a Jennifer and my mom heard the name on a commercial and here we are, so she probably didn't even know how to spell it. But yeah, I always see the C A or the cl or kal. Yeah. No, I haven't seen another Chris. So, yeah, that's that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I saw your name. It's just like, oh boy.
Speaker 2: Apparently it used to me. I don't know if it's it used to me mean a maidenly lady and in Greek, which I am not. I am not Greek, so as.
Speaker 3: Far as I know, I'm not either.
Speaker 2: I'm an Italian.
Speaker 3: Apparently I've I've got apparently royalty blood lines from I think my dad told me from Dutch and part of England, and I've also got some Native American I don't know. I think it was Cherokee, but i'moune hundred percent sure. I don't do any of that blood stuff because I think you're still in my DNA.
Speaker 2: I my dad swears that we have royalty in hungry, I think, which is weird because as far as I know, we have no interesting but he's set on that, so it could be like twenty thousand years ago, I have anything. But my parents argue because technically I've always been told I was Italian or one hundred percent Italian. However, my mom is one hundred percent Sicilian and my father is one hundred percent Northern Italian. So Sicilians, for some reason or some of them, call themselves Italian, which again technically doesn't make sense because they're in Sicily. But Italians will never call a Sicilian Italian, so they thought about that, so apparently I'm half in him a Sicilian halftime, This depends who you ask. And out of all things they argued about this into Oliveyard, of.
Speaker 3: All places, at.
Speaker 2: Least Italian Italian place.
Speaker 3: Ever, So to be one hundred percent honest, I thought Sicily and Italy were right beside each other.
Speaker 2: Anyways, they are they are, and like I said, Sicilians generally call themselves part of Italy, but apparently Italians do not call. I don't know why I always consider them the same thing, but I guess when you wind up saying Sicily Sicilian I guess you could see their tw different places, but I always thought it was the same thing. So it wasn't until like literally like two years ago, they were like, well, would that make you half Sicilian? I was like, I just consider myself a time. So, but I know this is the difference because my when my mother would go date my father, she's really young. My dad's mother would invite other girls over to succeed before my mom, so she did not want him dating a Sicilian. So apparently there is controversy there. But anyway, that wasn't why I'm on the show talk about my heritage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ten foil tales. We talk about a lot of weird stuff that isn't always the weird stuff that we.
Speaker 2: Talk about Weird's good, man.
Speaker 3: Well, would you like to let the audience know a little bit more about yourself of why you're here and what we're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: Sure. My name is Cursa Grant. I am the writer and creator of Worthy Chaos Comics. I started writing with a co writer four years ago and now we have over I think it's sixteen novels finished and which equals out to be about one hundred and twenty two issues. About that much. It was not intentional, but after writing about five novels, I was like, huh, I should probably do something with this. Now. I am an amazing storyteller, but I am a horrible writer, so is the best thing for me? Fortunately it's a visual, a visual storytelling, which wound up being perfect for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, I am dyslexic and I never ever in a million years ever thought of writing in my entire life, but apparently I'm pretty good at it. So here we are and I am Generally our story is pretty much a supernatural horror adventure. We have two series out now. Redemption is up to issue thirteen, coming out February seventeenth, But what I'm mostly promoting on this show is January sixth, which I think you're going to if anyone's watches is probably already January seventh, so it's probably live, hopefully on Kickstarter, but it's going live, and it's a supernatural western set in eighteen eighty seven. And my two main characters, uh Sarafina is an angel descendant and Draven is a demon descendant, and I like to they are have to track down Kryptids Bigfoot when Diego chipocabres, pretty much any you can think of.
Speaker 3: We have.
Speaker 2: Ones that are very well known and ones that aren't known pretty much at all, like the squank, which is one of my favorite. For anyone has another squawk, it's just the stupidest creature it to me, it looks like a Sharpei dog with mange, which is saying something. But it's known to cry in the forest because it's so ugly. So that is a squank. That is all it does, and if you upset it too much, it'll literally cry into a puddle. So we have a Squawk and it actually becomes the main character in issue four I think four or five.
Speaker 3: I know they have a Squanka Palooza.
Speaker 2: Well we have a plushy four. So I am known online and on Kickstarter. By the way, if anyone wants to find any of my stuff, just search a Worthy Chaos on Kickstarter or you can actually such it in Google, but Kickstart is the best thing. We're always pre launcher live on there. Anyway. I am known as the Queen of merch. I love merch. You can't see it, but I have like when Daego plushies and a giant when dega Bigfoot plushies that you can see because you get my camera. But this thing is like three feet tall, looks like alf really, But I have tons of plushies, So I'm starting. Uh, I have the line of comics, but I'm also starting now a line of cryptids because I got so obsessed with it. So I have like three D printed statues, homemade statues, stickers, magnets, pins, shirts of course, the plus she's and pretty much trading cards, metal bookmarks, anything you can pretty much think of, I have, and I've gotten quite obsessed with it. It brought me down this huge rabbit hole. I'm still doing a lot of research. But we were talking about before about the research I've done. Generally, once I add a creature to it the storyline, I do the research on it to make sure I'm accurate about it. Now with the story, there's thirty plus cryptids. She needs to track down twenty of them for ingredients for a spell, but she's not allowed to kill them to get the ingredients, so she has to get like a piece of a Wendego antler without killing it. So good luck with that. But like she needs the claw of the cheap of Calbre, she needs the tears of a squawk, of course, because what else would you mean. But I started a line of these jars that you can collect, and it'll be the jars of the ingredients of whatever it is. So we're gonna have a jar of ground up when Daego horn fangs from a werewolf. We do have a dog man in there, but he doesn't have an ingredient, and he's just there to piss off.
Speaker 3: The werewolves.
Speaker 2: And like, well, so I did research on dog Man, and depending on who you ask, we've talked about this off camera. He's either seen in the sevens or not seen in the Sevens. It depends. So we're set in eighteen eighty seven, just in case someone wants to follow that. But from my understanding, dog Man is not technically evil or anything. He's just very territorial, and some sources say he does not like unnatural things. So in the story, I myself isn't gonna probably get me a little bit of hate from some muel. I don't find werewolves to be a natural, you know, depending skinwalkers would be. But to me, a werewolf is a curse. It's not natural to me. But so in my story, the dog Man is against the werewolves because they're unnatural. Obviously depends. I'm not a fan of the humanoid type cryptids personally, so I don't have many in there. Like my windego is a one with antlers, which I know some me some hate for saying that they don't have antlers, and I said, well, it depends which culture you look at. Some cultures have them, some cultures don't. My understanding of my research that I've done, and yes, they're you know, I'm possessed by, you know, a spirit after becoming a cannibal generally stuck in the winter or whatever. But you know what, I like the antlers. They make them less humanoid and it makes it a whole unique creature. So to me, they have antlers. So yeah, anyway, there's a whole tire in there.
Speaker 3: You're actually going to bring up something and you are just covered up. I was gonna say, anyone, since you hate because when dagoes don't necessarily have horns or ambers.
Speaker 2: I've gotten it.
Speaker 3: I've gotten a lot of shit from people about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've gotten hate from two different things. One somebody yelled at me that they are not cryptid's period. I said, yeah, they're cryptids. They're they're considered cryptids, they're actually one of.
Speaker 3: You know, they're more of a spiritual.
Speaker 2: That's what they're argued was, which I don't agree. I think they are. They're they're a creature.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Even if they're created through some means, they're still Tommy Knockers are said to be the spirit of people of men that were killed in the minds. Uh so what's the difference. Uh? To me, they are acryptied. Someone yelled at me that the Jersey Devil, which in my story is the Leads Devil because they weren't named Jersey until the nineteen hundreds. But they were like, that's not a supernatural. That's not a cryptid. It's a supernatural creature. And I was like, it is a cryptid. That's it's so whatever. The only thing that I don't consider a cryptid is a ghost, a pure ghoss. But everything else to me is a cryptied. I was on the fence about the zombies. Some say the cryptid, some doesn't. Google says they are. I don't know. I don't have regular zombies in the Western I have them in the Redemption line, which is the one that's on issue thirteen. I might have them later in the Western, but they will be from a necromancer, which would make them more of a cryptid. So yeah, yeah, I've gotten I've gotten some heat from it. I really don't. I don't really care.
Speaker 3: They will have In any form of media that you do or anything out in public, you'll always have someone to get complaints from. I get it all the time. I get I got one yesterday because apparently I took too long introducing a guest. Why it's boring, it's boring, get right to it, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, Yeah, I I mean I try to remind them too that it is also a fictional story. This is not I'm not writing a you know, a field guide here. I might, but they will be the cryptid creatures of worthy cast anyway, so even if I did, it wouldn't matter. We did make up a few cryptids that I thought were cool. I have a a phoenix crow demon. I have a dragon plant. I have an aunt bat. I have so I have a few. I think there was like nine that I made up just to have a little bit difference. My favorite I have is the chameleon vampire bat, which I nicknamed Chatty, which is you know, part chameleon part bat. But yeah, so I don't know. Everyone's gonna hate something, but I try to be as accurate as I can. Again, my research quotes that wendegos have two and I can't think off the top of head. I think one's European, one's Native American, one has antlers, one doesn't. I believe the Native American does not have antlers, But for I, I could be the other way around because I have the worst memory, So I.
Speaker 3: Believe with the American they don't because they are more. They have the bigger mouthse with no lips, and they're more. I have my own opinions on a lot of the actual sightings of like the pill crawlers and this, and I think a lot of that stuff that people are describing and they're seeing the same things, but they've got different names from different cultures, from different areas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. If you look up by state, you could see that a lot of them look familiar, but they have different names. So it really depends. Now, my story is accurate in the fact that I use the research that I find and the events and the inventions. However, my creatures are not accurate to locations because yeah, no, but I do have like there's a tunnel a cave system that has a dimensional portal that a lot of the creatures come from, so they are from different locations. But I do not have like state. You know, I don't go by state. They're just the fun. So don't don't come at me and say I did do the environment, like the borough, the bureau, the b you are you. I'm just lexic. So however, it's probably wrong. The one that looks like an alligator supposed to be like in the Amazon. Mine's in the swamp, which is where it would be in the Amazon. So the environment's correct, the location is not. So just enjoy the damn story. But yeah, it was just to have fun time, including different cryptids and stuff.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I know we kind of talked a little off air about some of your actual experiences. But is there something that kind of led you to go the cryptid route?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: No, like it was. I don't even remember how it started. I was drawn I was doing the Western for some reason. I just really wanted to do a Western, and my co writer who writes Straven, I write Saraphina and the story. I leave the story, but my co writer writes Draven, So I had said I really want to do a Western and my co write is like, yeah, me too, And that's how it started. We literally started writing with no thought process what we never do, but no thought process whatsoever. And we were like, I think I was on the first page, if even, and I was just like, we should have cryptids. And I don't even know where it came from. And my card is like, okay, whatever, and I was like, they should hunt down cryptids. Now I do love cryptids from a Supernatural show, but the more I thought about it, they really don't do that many supernatural creatures, considering it supernatural. I remember the wendego they did, which is a more accurate, you know, elongated creature living in the cave, you know, with no antlers. But for whatever reason, I just was like, hey, I should do cryptis. And then it went to where I was like, oh, we should have to hunt them down, but we can't kill them because I'd be too easy. Plus people. I was like, people might not like us if we killed all their favorite cryptis. So yeah, I don't know, it just it kind of happened sporadically. I feel like it was meant to be now because now I'm obsessed with it. I have never personally seen a cryptid. The only paranormal thing I've ever seen is the shadow man, which I heard is quite common or more common than most things, and I didn't really know it at the time. I had convinced myself that had fallen asleep. I was fortunately not at home. I was pet sitting or cat sitting, I guess, and I was a teenager and I'd never been there before. And I normally sleep with pitch dark miss and the door shut. But for whatever reason, there was a light somewhere in the house and the door was open, so I don't know if I was already on edge because I don't normally sleep at that. In fact, I have like double blackout curtains in my room, so I don't know, or maybe because of this now that I think about it, maybe you never know. But anyway, I was laying in bed. There's literally nothing in the bedroom at all. It was just the twin bed and that was it. And it was really small, and I am on one side of the door, on one side of the wall. The door was to the left upwards, so the left corner, and I was staring at the wall in front of me, and all I saw was this black person shadow that reached from the floor to the ceiling, and I just kind of like casually, like could you not casually just watched it walk across the wall in front of me, and I'm watching it being scared at all, but I'm watching it like there was nothing to it. And then it disappeared under the bed, and without thinking about it, considering I was a kid and was scared of what's under the bed, I jumped up to go look under the bed, like I'm moron, and then right when I got to the edge, I was like, WHOA what am I doing? So I did not look under the bed and I laid back down, and I was like, I must have fallen asleep and thought I saw it. So I convinced myself that that's what it was. And then like ten years later, I was watching some paranormal show and the chick was like, she described it perfectly. She's like, I was lying in bed and I watched this shadow creature walk across the wall in front of me and then disappeared under the bed. I was like, that happened to me, and that's where I was like, holy shit, maybe I did see something, but yeah, i'd convinced my But I don't remember being scared. I don't remember being like, you know, paralyzed from fear anything. I don't remember any of that. I just remember watching it and jumping up out of bed when it went under the bed. That's all I remember. And while I was like leaning over the bed, I was like, oh, why am I doing this? So I don't know what was in in the bed, but all I now picture is like eyes under the bed. So I'm glad I didn't look. But when I was a kid, I was always scared of putting my hands behind my head to think something was going to grab my hands from underneath the bed. So the fact that I got up is pretty insane to me. And I'm still really annoyed myself in hearing that.
Speaker 3: So shadow people are, you said more prominent? Which you do. Hear a lot of people reporting seeing those things, and I have my own hair brained idea of what they could possibly be. I don't necessarily think that they're ghost in the sense of that. I think what people are seeing are let's just say the whole different, the density is different, dimensions or whatever around. Maybe these things are from a different frequency that we don't see, but we can always they're always around, we just don't interact with them. Say we're in a three D world, maybe they're in a forty or a five D you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is kind of funny that you say that because you don't play video games. Do you like Silent Hill? I?
Speaker 3: Yes, I see. You have the Legend of Zelda shirt on. I was actually gonna bring that up here in a little bit.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, there's these little shadow kids that's on Silent Hill, And that's how I always pictured the shadow creatures, and it annoyed me because when I was playing the game, I would always try to interact with these little shadows and they just were just there. They literally do nothing in the game. So the way you described it is actually I could absolutely see that that being the case, that they're just rennants of whatever memories or people or whatever, but they're just there. Yeah, I can see them.
Speaker 3: Now, there are some things that I think to interact with us, but for the most part, I think stuff like that are on their own sort of wavelength frequencies and they don't really have any says like what goes on, Like they don't have any interaction with us, They're just on their own plane.
Speaker 2: But now do you think that it like knows we're there, Like does it know I was watching it and it just or was it just doing its thing?
Speaker 3: You think it probably doesn't even realize that we're there. If it's on its own. Maybe we say it comes into our world, maybe we go into their world too, like sometimes we believe who knows they ever.
Speaker 2: Heard any negative uh interactions with them? Because I've never heard like a negative. I'm just wondering because, like I said, I didn't have any fear from it. So I'm just wondering if anyone one of.
Speaker 3: The first episodes I did, a guy was seeing a lot of these things, but he described them as being and cloaking.
Speaker 2: But it's a little different.
Speaker 3: His version. You have to take it a little differently too, because he was only seeing these things when he was on math amphetamine. Well that kind of grows out any sort of credibility. But I've actually since that episode released. I was like one of my first six or seven episodes, and I've actually had a lot of people reach out about that. They're like, no, what he's saying is honestly true because like again, but when you guys admit that you're on mind altering substances, you could see, you can see, Like that's what they're trying to say, Like when people take mushrooms or any any kind of like you're you're opening up your quote unquote third eye and you're able to see because we're basically limited to what we can feel. Which is funny because there's stories from Vietnam. This has been talked about a couple of times, but supposedly when they first came out with night vision technology, they saw things flying around that you couldn't normally see even with other so they switched the tech supposedly because they were seeing these different frequency beans creature things floating around, flying around them and they're all like shooting and nothing because there's nothing there, but they could see them because they're on a different spectrum. That's why they have full spectrum cameras that they could pick up different stuff that you don't normally see with your naked eye because we can only see in certain color schemes. So there's also there's all sorts of weird stuff out there that who really knows, and like I said the stuff that I'm talking about, I don't know either. I'm a freaking scientist. I'm just some guy on a microphone.
Speaker 2: But hell, I uh, as of late, I would say the last be honest with you, the last probably eight years, ten years. I look into a lot of conspiracies, and there's some I don't believe, and there's some that are crazy. But I think it's funny. I'm gonna mention this and not going to say I believe in this, but I think it's a funny take on it if it is true. Obviously, some people believe in the matrix kind of thing, which, by the way, I am not against that idea, and I actually don't even care if I was in the matrix, be honest with you, I'm perfectly fine with that. But there was this program that they were showing where I don't know if i'm gonna explain this right, there's like this. It's like a It's a computer program, and when you're not using it, the program thinks it's a butterfly. So the butterfly it flies around its own little world, it sees its own little world, and then when you come in and use it, it does whatever you need to and then it goes back to being a butterfly. So they were theorizing that what if we lived in a simulation and when we're dreaming is when we're in this other simulation that you're being used and you're actually interacting with what they had, which I thought was funny and terrifying at the same time. The only reason why I can't fall in line with that kind of story is we go to sleep at the same time every day, so does this program only have hours you can use it? So that is set on that. But other theories were like when you're sleeping, you are interacting dimensions, which I think they did something like that on Doctor Strange or something that seems more believable to me, like last night, I had the craziest dreams about I can't even explain it. I can. I saw it perfectly and very vividly, and most of my stories, by the way, were from dreams. But it was something about there was some kind of radioactive chemical and something and people were fighting over it, and it was like a class that I was I was in for whatever reason, and the person that was taking my chemicals wound up killing somebody, and they were trying to investigate it. This this is a freaking weird dream, so I can understand the whole you're in another dimension kind of thing when you're dreaming. So I don't know, do you ever have dreams that are so vivid or that you can interact with?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've talked about it a couple of times. I'll talk a little bit more to you hair off air, but I don't like in the audience the same thing over and over. But there is an episode that'll be coming out. I've already recorded obviously, but when yours comes out, it'll probably be a couple before yours does. But I actually interviewed a couple of guys to talk about how in your dreamscape you're basically traveling to these different realities, like you're on the astral plane and everyone can supposedly do this. I've never tried it personally because kind of a will I'm afraid I'm gonna actually do it and then I'm get stuck or trapped. They claim that's not possible, you just wake up and come back. But I was like, my dreams are already screwed up enough half the time, but I don't really want to try it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: I did have one recently that I haven't talked about, and it was strange, but it's haunting in the sense like I was somewhere and I don't know what was actually going on. I feel like something like an active pewpew thing going on out there, one of those types of situations. And I opened up this door and it was like all hazy and smoky, and I saw my youngest son, but he was a little bit bigger, but he still talked the way he does now. He said, I found you. I said, yeah, buddy, you found me, and then but he was very pale, like he didn't. He looked ghostly and I woke up from that and it's bothered me ever since then. So, like I said, I don't like dreams like that, especially as parents like and you see these haunting ass dreams, you're just like, man, I don't like that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I get seen that. That's not liking that at all. Yeah, I don't. Uh. I've had some crazy dreams that I've I've actually added into the story. They're always so very vivid, and I'll wake up and I can't explain it, but I could see it all in my head. There was this Batman animated series once that they were able to hook up a computer that record your dreams, and I'm waiting for that to come out because I want I want to be able to watch my dreams over because some of them are make great movies, and some of them, I'm just like, what was I smoking? Like I don't I don't remember smoking anything or drinking anything, or I don't do drugs, so I don't know what was going on there. But yeah, it's just insane. I remember one where I was in a building and I was running through the corridors trying to get away, but I don't know from what, but I was trying to get away from something, and I would just keep going into different corridors, like through kitchen, just like you see all those movies where they're going through And I was going through this building but I didn't understand what it was, but it was so vivid and like you can feel the door is opening. But I can't think of a dream where I was able to control it. It's always just I can start a dream sometimes if I I can't go to bed without over without creating a story in my head first. That's the only way I think I've ever fallen asleep is that I have to do one of my stories in my head and picture it like a movie and then my brain does whatever. But I've never been in a dream where I remember being able to control it or anything like that. And it's actually in Redemption as a part where they're actually in kind of like a dream for a while and they're interacting and the angels are trying to convince them that you're in a dream, and they're just like, no, because you can't get hurt in a dream, or I don't remember being able to feel in a dream and all this stuff. So it was very it's very cool to write that and be like, what would I do if I if I could do that? I think in the novel that did differently. But in the in the novels, they were supposed to like jump off a cliff to wait up because generally your body wakes up, you know, before you hit the ground, and they were saying, oh, you have to jump yourself out of your sleep, but uh, I don't think I did that. In the comic, I think I changed it, but yeah, I don't know if I can be convinced to jump off a cliff to wake myself up, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have dreams where I'm typically falling or flying, and it's always strange, like I'm floating around and then like all of a sudden, I realize what I'm doing and I start falling to the ground. And then usually I wake up and I jerk and I'm like, was I actually levitating above my bed?
Speaker 2: I had that once. Remember I was falling in the dream, but I don't remember why, like I don't remember. I don't know if I don't remember when I woke up, but when I don't remember now, but I was falling, and then, like you said, I didn't jerk up. I actually fell against the PD. So either I was standing up or levitating, because as soon as I woke up, I fell into the bed, So if I was standing up, I would have had a bigger fall. I would think maybe I was sitting up and then I fell back down. But it was weird because I was about to hit the ground and I hit the bed, So it's really weird and I'll never forget that. It's never happened again since, and I don't know what happened, but it was quite unique.
Speaker 4: Used to.
Speaker 2: I've never had a really easy time falling asleep. I don't know if it's all times, you know, samyac whatever. I get about four hours of sleep at night, sometimes three. Sometimes I'm blessed with five. I don't know what's going upstairs. It's very loud, but anyway, yeah, probably hope he's cleaning. But uh, I've always had a hard time going to sleep. And I remember when I was a kid, my brother told me to make up a story, and I was so into it as kid that I would literally pretend to like interact with smurfs in my room for whatever reason. Like I'd literally be crawling around my bed like interacting with spurs. So I've never had a really my my husband falls asleep in four seconds. It drives me crazy. I hate it. But he sleeps for twelve hours and he's exhausted all day long. I sleep for four hours and I wake up with no caffeine, no nothing, and I'm fine. So I guess my way is better. But sometimes it's very boring, you know, like you're just awake for like four hours staring at the ceiling. So I don't know, it's it's exhausting, but but yeah, anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna ask, like, so, you've only had the one paranormal sort of experience and you do these comics and everything else. Do you ever feel like for some reason you were drawn to doing that though, like you can't really explain why you chose that path, but like you feel like there's just some reason that happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, mostly because now I've joked about this because I I won't ever say that it's serious because I probably have to lock myself in a loone ebin. I absolutely am convinced that the characters in my head are from another dimension and they're telling me the story and I'm writing it like a prophet. And the only reason why I say that, obviously it's probably not it. The reason why I say that is I will write things that I don't I don't even know the direction I'm going, and I like I've been asked on I've done over a two hundred and twenty five podcasts, probably two hundred and sixty by this point, and they always ask me what's my process of writing? And I literally just sit down and write whatever comes out of my head. But the reason why I say something's controlling it is because I will write things, and I will not know the point of them, and then later on I find out that there's a huge connection to them. I have like a thousand examples, and I could think of some off the top of my head. Like for example, so Seraphina's father is Remnal, which is an angel in scripture that would judge the souls on earth and bring them to heaven. For Draven's father, we just picked any demon without ever, you know, we didn't really have a thought process for it. We just picked a demon. So it wasn't until later where we did research on the demon and we found out that it is a chaos demon that devours souls on the Bridge of Judgment. Now, it has nothing to do with Remnol in scripture. It's just happens to be a demon that does this. But not only that, he is immune to all forms of lightning, and Remnall's power is lightning. So it was always this really cool interaction that we had. Now we didn't plan that ahead of time. But there were other things. For example, Sarah Fina, as I was kind of telling you before, she has a guardian that is a white rat. His name is Apollo. He has a son on his eye. Now, the joke for me was I named him Apollo because I want to put a sun spot on his eye. But I did not know at the time that Apollo was actually the lord of rodents. It just happened to be like that. However, I did not know at all that Saraphina's mom, who we didn't even know or have a name for yet until way into the story, she is Sarona, which is a goddess of hot water, hot springs, healing hot springs. Now, I used to have Saraphina heal from being in hot water. I did not have the mom yet in thought process, it wasn't in my mind. I didn't have a name for it. I don't even think I had a name for it until the story was halfway done. So the fact that she was healing from hot springs is just really weird. So he picked Sirona because she's the goddess of falling stars, and my character was a falling star. But we did not know that she is best friends with Apollo, which technically makes no sense because they are absolutely two different religions, but they are in many many writings best friends, which again is weird because in our story Apollo sent the white rat to protect her, and now we connected to the mom So it's really weird. But there was There's so many more that it's just like, we'll write it and we won't even know why we write it, and then later on I'm like, oh, that's why. So it's like, for example, in Redemption, their guardian angel, which is kamel a cameel in scripture is the angel of true love, so it wound up being the guardian angel. He doesn't have wings in the story, and I had absolutely no reason for him not to have wings. I just never showed the other angels have wings, and I never said he didn't have wings. He just never showed his wings and I don't know why. Well, when I wrote the prequel, I found out why he doesn't have wings, and I was like, oh, that's why. Like I didn't know why he didn't. So it's just really weird these things connect and I'm just like, why did this happen? And I've actually had and this is where the insanity might come in. I've actually had a flat out argument with my character. Generally I disagreed while we were writing, but this one time I literally had an argument where I had her walk into a room and all of these things happened, and it didn't make sense to me, so I said, I have to start this over. I don't even know what direction this is going in. And the character's like, no, just keep writing, and I was like, this makes no sense. So I just keept writing and it was like twenty pages long, and when I was done, I was like, oh, that is kind of cool. That's not what I expected. So I don't know where that came from. I don't know why I wrote it. I don't know why the character wanted it written. But it fit really well and it was a really cool scene. And I had sent it to my co writer and my core is like, what the hell what gave you that idea? And I'm like, no idea, and my coat is a writer, is like, I can't wait to see what happens. It's like me neither. Like so lots of times I have no idea where the story's going. I can tell you it least oh at least thirty forty times, but very very strict times I had the dream of what happens, and I'd wake up up and be like, I know how Book four ends, Like so I didn't even know how book five would start, and then I get a dream and I was like, that's hound hap. So this just I don't know what's sending me the message. I don't know if it really is another dimension. I don't know if it's just a part of my brain that's way more creative than me. But it's really weird how the story will develop and we just go with it, and then twenty issues down the line will be like, oh, that's why we wrote that. So it's really weird.
Speaker 3: Together, it makes sense it all.
Speaker 2: But we used to write things out of order. I would get an idea or a dream and I was like, we have to write it now. I want to write it now, and we'd write it and then they would all connect, and sometimes it won't connect for forty issues. Sometimes they'll connect three books later, like it's just one. I think at one point I had five different events happening completely different and literally for different books. It was just really weird. So I think that I was meant to write it for a reason. I've never had any direction in my life. I've never had any creativeness ever. I'm an artist, but not one that I ever focused on. So yeah, I think it was meant to be. I think something's telling me what to write, no idea what it is. But we have over one hundred and twenty five issues written within four years so and we're still writing. And it's very, very weird how it happens. I think I have three things written ahead now, but no, I don't know where the cryptid thought even came. So it's really weird because I didn't do this on purpose. But in Redemption there's a joke and I think issues Sick seven where Draven says to Sara Fina what else is out there? Because he didn't know any anything supernatural existed. He goes, what else is out there? Bigfoot? And she says, no, no Bigfoot yet. And then I didn't realize it until we were writing The Bigfoot, where I was like, oh, that's kind of a fort shout. I think we didn't even plan on, so it was just kind of funny that they mentioned that, and I didn't realize it until, like, I don't know, what has it been two years later? So yeah, I think it's I.
Speaker 3: Don't I'm assuming it's because of you moving, but there's a reflection in the background. I keep seeing something on your reflection moving, so it kind of creeped me out for a second.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what's I mean. You let me show you this cap. This is my this is whole room's a mess because I am trying to organize this room because I'm a believe it or not, I'm a Donald Duck collector, and I have over four thousand items, which beats the world record almost by double. So I'm trying to make this room just my comic room because I've gotten so obsessed with the story that I haven't I all my money goes to this. I am so obsessed with everyone. Everyone makes fun of me because my So I don't know if you know anything about comic creating, but an indie comic creator generally makes about three four issues tops a year. I do eight a year, but I only release eight. I actually make way more so. Issue thirteen is being released February seventeenth, but Issue eighteen just got started being made. So nobody does that because I don't get paid for those until they release, and everyone's like what if they don't sell? And I was like, I did make it for people, I made it for me, so it's obviously it's putting me somewhat in debt. I'm trying to handle it, but I've gotten so obsessed with the story that I just, I'm just I can't get enough of it. So it's pretty much taken over my whole existence, and I'm okay with that. I've made this my lot in life. I've only been making comics for two years this Halloween. We started Halloween last year the year before, so I've only been making the comics for two years. But we've been writing for about four years. And I had the story idea for eleven years before I even started writing it, so I've had it for quite a while in my head and it's kind of got away from me. But I do get made fun of a lot that, like, how do you know what it's gonna sell? You have eighteen issues and it's like it doesn't it doesn't really matter. I made it for me. I get made fun of for all the merch. Why do you have so much merch? It's like I wanted it. Now it's tax deductible, so best hobby ever. But yeah, I want it. I want everything. I love my characters. I'm obsessed with my characters. It's the bad time of the year because my co writer never writes during this time of the year because she hates the holidays. So I haven't written anything. I'm gonna probably write something. I'm already ahead, like three chapters, maybe four chapters, but they just fought the bascalisk I had to write it. They aren't actually into it the story, but I think they're fighting. I can't say the name because I'm dyslexic, but it starts with a J. It's a Japanese spider lady, so we kind of did something with that. So they're fighting the spider and then so I know, I'm like rambling on and off. The two characters are soulmates, and they recarnate into different stories they were originally created. Draven was created to actually kill Seraphine in the very beginning. She was created from an angelic weapon that the father used to hold the souls with to carry to Heaven from Earth, and the weapon has all the powers of souls. His wife, the Goddess of the Hot Spring. She wanted a family angels. This is another one that I didn't know was true now that I remembered it. So she wanted a child. Angels can't have kids, so he used the souls and his magic and the wife's magic to create Serafina, so she has both the powers, but she has the power of souls. So I didn't know that Remnol in history in the scripture is the first angel to sit against God by creating a half angel child. It's half human, half age. So I just thought that was funny because I didn't know that when I had him do it in the story, so I thought that was funny. I didn't find out until four years later. Five years later, yes, four years later. So anyway, I didn't know where they originally met. I just knew pretty much two of their lives. So I think it was last month. I woke up and I was like, that's how they met. So I went and wrote it. So now I know how they originally met after they were created, and it was kind of cool to see it because I hadn't even known how. But I woke up in the middle of the night, I was like, so that's how it happened, and I thought it was funny that I finally saw it. So yeah, I don't even know how to shit that's going out of my head, so it's all it's all interesting to me. So I, like I said, I released this for me. I've had people say, oh, do you care what the readers don't like or like or whatever, and I go, obviously, I hope they like it, but I'm not writing it for them. The bonus is that they like it. I'm writing it for me. And a lot of people have asked me, is it worth making comics? And it's and only if you're obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that most people that don't know and can relate to is like I used to play music. We didn't make music for other people. Like I played in a death metal band. No one gave a shit about what we played, but we enjoyed it. I do this show mainly for my own benefit. I don't have any I don't do music anymore. I needed an outlet. I had some stuff happen. I wanted to find answers. This is my way of finding answers, and I've never failed the answer I'm looking for. So now I'm trying to do a documentary because I've been digging up weird stuff. So it's my constant quest of needing to fulfill that creative outlet. And unless people have that like drive to do it. They can't relate to it, like I don't make enough money to barely break even, but like the time and investment into this and everything's passion. Like you have all this merch. I have the same thing. I upgraded my equipment. I have thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Like I'm always doing stuff. I'm going to these conferences. I'm going to these conventions. I have to pay to go to these things. I have to set up boose, which I actually just got on popcorn this.
Speaker 2: I meant to see you at the Crypto, but I wasn't feeling well and my husband wasn't feeling well. But I'm getting a boot. I'm getting a table next year, so if you're there next.
Speaker 3: Year, I will I'm hopefully will be there next year.
Speaker 2: I've never been there, so I was so excited to go, and it was just I had a fever all week and I didn't want to get anyone else sick, and then my husband is coughing. But I wanted to go so bad. It was too late for me to get a table by the time because I'm gonna be Honestly, I don't even know cryptid cons were a thing and now I signed up for the Bigfoot Conference next year in Gatlinburg, so if anyone's going to be there, it is July twenty fifth. I want to go to the cryptocon in Lexington, and there's a wild Man con. See. The problem is is that a lot of the cryptocons are outdoors, and I won't do an outdoor one. I'm very upset about it because like west Point has the Bigfoot Conference and has the Mofman.
Speaker 3: Festival and both.
Speaker 2: Outside, so I definitely won't do it next year. The following year, maybe I'll suck it up and get a tent. But it's just I hate being I just, you know, too much work. I'm pretty lazy. I'm the hard working I'm the laziest hard worker ever. Because most creators, like I said, do three or four kickstarters a year. I think my friend does three a year. I do eight. And I think I'm crazy because all of my stuff is done before my kickstarter. My god for credit cards or too bad card credit card. But I get everything out shipped within a week to two weeks tops. So most people wait year months to a year, some two years for their comic.
Speaker 5: Not me.
Speaker 2: You get it within two weeks, and I think I'm crazy because the only time I take off is now. I get December and November off, November and December off, and I only do that because it's not worthwhile on Kickstarter. The you know, not a lot of people. They spend their money on other stuff. But yeah, I mean I've h If you realize that a comic cost about three to four thousand just to make it, not including printing, and I have five made that I haven't sold yet, goes to show you how much debt I have. But I just my husband made the horrible mistake of telling me to go all out for two years, and I went all out. So I've kind of slowed down a little bit now, but I'm still getting two series done. This is how obsessed they am. So my redemption was five issues ahead. Right, I could have just did those five kickstarters, gotten paid for them, and then started again in twenty twenty six and gotten out of debt. Right, No, let's start a series about cryptids here I am. My brain was like, get out of debt? Are you crazy when you're this far in debt? Like, what's what's a couple of girl.
Speaker 3: More hit that? Right? Yeah? But for me. Like I said, I barely break even. It's enough to cover the expenses that I have, so I can't complain. So I appreciate all the listeners out there that help me that they have to hear an add every once in a while, which I was always against that stuff. I felt like I was selling out. I didn't want the show to be monetizing this and that, but it cost too much money to try and do this without making some sort of something back.
Speaker 2: Oh trust me, if I was rich, I would just release these. I wouldn't even have Kickstars. I wouldn't even care. And it's so funny because I don't break even yet, mostly because of all the merchant I make. But my goal is to someday break even. That's the goal. I didn't even care about profit. I don't need to do this if I already do it full time, I don't need to get paid for it full time. I mean, it would be a bonus made some money, But the main thing is I just want to keep making them. I don't want people to keep reading them, especially since so this series Redemption ends at twenty three issues, so I have six more to be made. And like I said, just I think page one got done yesterday, issue eighteen. But the next series, Conviction Is, continues directly to it, and that's twenty four issues, and then the series after that is Resurrection and that's thirty issues. So I do have another thirty after that, but I don't I don't need to do those. Those are just bonuses. So if I could do the eighty, I'd be happy. Now. The Western I started writing two months ago and we're old already on issue fifteen writing, so but issue one comes out January, so.
Speaker 3: I don't know anyway where can everyone find them at if they're curious about them?
Speaker 2: So Kickstarter is the best place. I do have a website, but it is definitely more cost effective with cooler stuff to get a Kickstarter. The website is Worthychaoscomics dot com. But if you the simplest ways, if you go to Kickstarter and you search worthy chaos, well, the only thing that pops up, granted, like a psychopath, I've done fifteen in two years, so you go to the newest one. It's what you can only have live at one time. So you just go to which Everyone's live and sign up for that one right now. It's the most I've ever had during a pre launch issue one has two hundred and three followers. I've never had over one hundred and forty seven. It's probably due to a very expensive cover that I got from a Marvel DC artist and I'll take it. But to go to Kickstarter search worthy Cass, or you could search worthy Chaos on Facebook. I'm on there. You can search CHRISA. Grant you want to go and spell that, or I think even if you search Google, I don't even know what pops up. If you go to Google and you search worthy Chaos, I'm pretty sure something pops up and wherever chaos is. Yeah, the first thing that pops up is my website. The second thing that pops up is my kicks. So if you just want to go google worthy Chass, you can go to the Kickstarter, which is linked to my Facebook, so you're easy to find me through there, and I post a lot about it, and that's pretty much my whole life is talking about this freaking story. Yeah, but definitely go check it out the January sixth. It's going to be live January sixth through I mean good that January twenty fourth, so you'll have three weeks to buy it's going to have the Redemption in there too. I have two hardcovers out. They equal twelve issues. Super easy to catch up with that series. I think it's like fifty nine bucks and you get four hundred and twenty two pages and twelve issues, so you could do that if you love merch. I think so issue one. Every issue is going to have new plushies. Whatever Cryptid was in the background. The first three issues are more they're in the background, and then they start to interact with them. I think issue four has the Wumpus Cat and then issue five is like a new Windego. So I think issue one is going to be Bigfoot Windego and our rat Apollo will be We'll be in there, and then they will have the anyone that watches Supernatural, We're gonna have a journal. You can collect the journal pages. Hopefully that works out. I'm still working on those and keep up with that. So yeah, check us out hopefully when this is live. So it should be live right now if you're listening and go check out this.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at my schedule right now. This will drop on January seventh, so yeah, it should be live for anyone out there listening.
Speaker 2: So go to a kickstarter so it's worthy chaos and go to your heart's content and get some some Always check add ons, check the tears. Most people have five tiers. I have like forty. So just take a half hour of your time and go find some cool merch because it's there, so you would never know. I'm in dependent in debt creator, but there I am.
Speaker 3: For anyone out there listening, make sure to go and check it.
Speaker 2: Out because yes, please, I want to.
Speaker 3: Support support your local cryptid artist out there trying to write stories for you.
Speaker 2: Definitely, thanks for having me on though. This was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a problem. Thanks for coming on here tonight I talk about me. It's been a pleasure. And for anyone out there listening, thanks for listening. And we're gonna roll on out so we'll check you on the next one. And that's the show everyone. I really hope you guys enjoyed the conversations. If you would like to be a guest on Tenfoil Tels, remember to send an email to Tenfoil Tales Podcast at gmail dot com or go to the contact section of tenfoiltl dot com.
Speaker 1: Just get your message to me. We'll get some schedule for a future episode, and just remember the truth lies, and the stories we share, the connections we make. Stay curiously open minded. Thank you all for joining us on this journey, and until next time, keep questioning, seeking, and keep exploring the unknown.
Speaker 3: Good Night, everyone seems hot.
Speaker 5: Tales and the headphones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's times to rock.
Speaker 5: Got a story about a cryptic creature. Let's take a walk, big Foot talk man. They're out there in the dark, but the truth is out there liking me.
Speaker 2: It spark.
Speaker 5: UFO sightings, got the whole.
Speaker 2: World shook.
Speaker 4: Conspiracies on phones like a story in a book. Me Control trying to keep us by. We're all gonna use the.
Speaker 3: Whole mind in history.
Speaker 4: They don't want us to know the secrets they hide since they won't show. Son. They not society. They keep us in chase.
Speaker 5: But saying, Tom, it's time to break the reins.
Speaker 4: H m hm. Control trying to keep us fine, but I'm alone before we're going to use my mind.
Speaker 2: In history.
Speaker 4: It wants to know the secrets that hide since they will show.
Speaker 5: So they do.
Speaker 4: Society, they keep us in chase.
Speaker 5: I'm saying it's all this sound to break the reins.