Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust in, the lovely young lady see it. Next to me here is miss Miya and she is with OKM Music. How you doing today, young lady, I'm doing good. How are you doing super? You're getting ready to go back to school, but we want to talk about OKAYM man, you're an intern, so you can go to school and do some work with OKAM as well. Now you're not a rookie intern by any means. Tell us a little bit about your time and some of the things that you get to do as an intern with OKM.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going into my third summer with OKM and I'm really excited for the forty first year. So we are currently looking for interns for our festival, which will be May twenty seventh through June tenth, and so interns can range from many majors. We're looking for college kids. You don't have to be music education at all. I'm not music degree at Also.
Speaker 3: You're kind of my business and promotion and things like that.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, strategic communications. Yeah, I'm getting a lot of experience everybody else do. Interns can also get a lot of experience. So we're excited, we're pumps.
Speaker 3: You should be. You should be now.
Speaker 1: Being an intern with Okay and Music is really pretty top notch because you get to do a variety of things. You're not like pigeonholed into one little set of menial tasks. You got a lot of important things to do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we definitely have a lot a lot of program development, children's programming, marketing, pr advertising. We get to meet with world class artists and so we get to manage all of that, manage all what we're going to have at the festival. So there's definitely a lot of things to do and a lot of opportunities for our interns to do.
Speaker 3: Also, did you get to meet Lee Greenwood?
Speaker 1: I did, knew it and he was out there at the OKMT at Wooll of Rock And what a night that was.
Speaker 3: That was a night to remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when we talk about some of the perks of the job, that was one of the perks is that you get to meet the artists, but you get to do a lot of other things. You really get the full impact of what a festival like this on a world class stage, is backstage, the business end, the office end, in even the coordination, and that's got to be the hardest part, making sure all the pieces come together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely some kind sometimes can be difficult, but we're working on this right when the festival ends. From last summer, we're working on the next one, so we have quite a bit of time. But it's definitely vital for the interns that are working during that period where everything does need to come together right then and there.
Speaker 1: So the children's programs are outstanding.
Speaker 2: Do you get a hand in that too, Yes, So we work the children's programming, We help out with Rose and we go from the children's programming straight to the music festival. So it's a jam packed ten days, but it's really fun.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite part? My favorite part, absolute favorite part.
Speaker 2: I really like the advertising side of it, but I think that's just my degree kind of pushing in a little bit. But I really the program development, the advertising, that's my favorite part.
Speaker 1: Well, you do it so well because everybody in the United States knows about this festival. It is not It has grown from a you know, just kind of a local thing to a regional thing to a state wide thing to you know, now you've got several states where folks are going, hey, we got to go there, we got to see this act, and we've spread it not only from here. We also do a couple of things in Tulsa as well. Because it's grown so much, that's got to be just really cool.
Speaker 3: To be around.
Speaker 2: It's definitely really fun. I like all the behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: So uh huh? And how do you become an intern with OKAM Music?
Speaker 2: So we are taking applications currently if you go to okmmusic dot org forward slash Internship. Our applications are open and they are due April first.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, we were talking about how you do different things as far as being in the marketing and in that end of it all. But I'm seeing here that finance, development, volunteer coordinator, box office it production, retail design, early childhood, music education, and music education are all the different types of majors that they're looking for. Now. I know about the retail thing because you sell tickets, but you also have that little sugar plum shop.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do have a little shot that's currently of so me and just sell the other intern we've been working on getting everything ready for Valentine's. Say, anybody's looking for Valentine's Day guests, you can come in. But yeah, we definitely have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: And when it comes to it, I imagine you might work a little bit with them with marketing, you know, making sure all the graphics and things and everything flows like it's supposed to on the computers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Definitely, social media, our website, all of our ticket programs, we definitely need somebody in it who knows how to work that. So we're looking for like a big diversity of people. So it's not just for music majors.
Speaker 3: Well, me, like this is like your second or third year.
Speaker 2: I'm going into my third year.
Speaker 1: It seems like you're a veteran, you know, but it's all paying out. How does this helping you in your school work? Does it kind of kind of wrap your mind around the real world aspect of what you're learning in school?
Speaker 2: Oh, definitely for sure. With my major being strategic Communications, I've gotten a lot of real world experience that I'm super thanking for. Mary Linda give me it's really awesome for my resume. She's helping me kind of go in the direction where I'm majoring with all the advertising and stuff, so I definitely get real world experience. I get world problem solving. So it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Well that is outstanding, you know, that is just really cool. And it's all right here courtesy of OKAYM Music. Now, where are you located physically? You're right down there by that white buffalo, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Undoing?
Speaker 2: I technically live out towards Nowada, but I'm in no Oh okay, yeah, yeah, well the buffalo is not there anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. The wind got it that one time during the storm. Yeah, tagged it pretty good, so.
Speaker 3: That it was fun. Well that lasted.
Speaker 1: But anyway, you've got that wonderful Ambler Hall right next door for some of your facilities. That's a nice little uh, that's a nice little place to enjoy some music or maybe even children's program.
Speaker 2: To Oh yeah, I definitely host some events there. But we also rented out towards people, so if people are ever needing a space, we work on that side.
Speaker 1: So oh okay, So okay, somebody says, hey, you know, I got a band, I need a listening room.
Speaker 3: You know what a deal you just called Ambler Hall. This is great now once again.
Speaker 1: If you go to OKM music dot org slash internships, you're going to find out just about everything there is now. We're taking applications all the way up to Tuesday, April first.
Speaker 3: No fooling, no, no fooling.
Speaker 1: So all you have to do is go there and you can download the internship application and you can find out more there. And of course, if you really want to speak to someone, imagine you could just give a call down there. It's on the website as well, and you can talk to a real human being and they can put you in touch with the right folks. It's kind of a neat family of a people who've been there because the interns have been the You and to Sell have been there for about the same amount of time, but the other folks who've been there, they've been there for many many years. And you got this kind of neat mash of a veteran folks and interns there.
Speaker 3: How you guys make it all work? It just kind of happens, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've kind of worked at each other for a little bit. Now we all communicate, get the job done, and it's everybody pitches in their experience to make the music festival what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, that's good, so nobody really gets all worried about this, that or the other. It's a team effort, yes, and we all come together and we all watch it unfold.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The thing is from an observer who's just taking in the festival.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is a.
Speaker 1: Well oiled machine, we're saying, My goodness sakes, look at this. We're listening to one of the top musical acts in the world and all this behind the stuff machinery that goes on is just well, it's seamless. And hats off to you and everybody you work with.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, all right, once again, the intern program is available. All you have to do is go to okmmusic dot org Internships and we'll get you.
Speaker 3: You got to get to school, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, miya, Thank you for stopping by, and good luck there at OSU. Right, thank you, all right, very good folks. All right, but we've got more coming up right here on k