Speaker 1: All right, we have a live remote broadcast coming up on Friday from Rollertown beer Works in Solina, Texas. That's a brewer we're invested in. If you don't want to come watch our show from three to six, you can. We're going out there to kick off the Rollertown Sumo Tournament. There's going to be a big sumo draft on Friday night. It's gonna be a fun event in itself. They're going to pull a truck, which is going to be crazy. So Friday night at Rollertown's going to be fun, followed by our that'll all follow our live broadcast from three to six, and then Saturday is the big Sumo tournament. So if you want to see our show live, come join us on Friday at Rollertown Beer Works in Salina. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Give me that news Quickie Wsday.
Speaker 3: Night, Joe Hardy, whether be on the lookout next cup with that is everyone you know severe storm pattern? Hold up to some thunder this morning, do you guys? Gellow that thunder and rain and lightning? Now, yes, we did sleep through it? Or what I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I didn't. I didn't wake up to any of it. No, yeah, so loud? What time like six? You're in off? Are? Are you? H?
Speaker 1: Do you panic over hearing storms since you've had a giant tree ripped out of your yard?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't panic? Is I'm the one that doesn't worry about things in my household? But yeah, I'm just I like to for that to not ever come up because she is the warrior about everything. She can't even drive ride in the car with me.
Speaker 1: I feel like, as you get more and more domesticated, you're kind of evolving into a handyman, kind of a badass around the house. Are you kind of the alpha of the house?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Damn, Okay, that's what I figured.
Speaker 4: I I was thinking word electric and I know how to do stuff. That's not what I was going to say. I was going to say that that was.
Speaker 1: A great skinning personation, though sounded exactly like him.
Speaker 4: What I was going to say was, hey, you forgot it. Sounds like that your your your companion. There is a female.
Speaker 2: Is that a female thing? Just being a warrior? Really? Just like, oh my god, there's a dark cloud? Should we check in with the female on our crew today? Dude?
Speaker 4: You want Ariana with an air like a I R dash.
Speaker 3: Do you, as a woman, and you're speaking for all women, believe that females worry about things too much.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're making the most of this opportunity. I would say no. I think we just are a lot more emotionally intelligent. There goes.
Speaker 4: Do you like to be stereotyped? But the guys on this show just simple yes or no.
Speaker 2: Stereotype You guys back, Okay, exactly know Christina won't press charges or hr complaint. We don't know that about Arianna.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I have a meniscus tear just from walking my dog.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I mean it hurts so bad right now. I don't even know if you got And.
Speaker 4: I've been over the other day to pick up a napkin and it took me to my knees and it took me to my torn knees.
Speaker 1: You didn't know anyone was in there with you.
Speaker 3: He also just wandered off of the hall yesterday during the show. I didn't read it rapidly walked down. He missed the whole second.
Speaker 2: He just walked up. I got the final two parts of the Today Game. Ryan were looking for his car. Jesus what I happened.
Speaker 4: To man, A tough years, tough year. Now I'm one thousand convents I need surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all, we have all aged so much in this last year, really since February.
Speaker 2: God, it's been tough. Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's a story of the Wall Street Journal because a big Wall Street guy and I was checking this out, and it's a guy I wrote this article.
Speaker 2: And his premise is that nicknames are going extinct.
Speaker 3: He on his own has five kids between the age of six and eighteen, and he thought it was peculiar that none of them have been given nicknames by their friends, which I just assumed maybe your kids aren't that likable. But it's possible that that's just a thing that doesn't happen as much. So is it good old day syndrome that we have nicknames back in the day, used to you know, make up a nickname for someone? Does it happen less now? Do y'all kids have experience with this?
Speaker 1: I think it comes up in group settings, and there's less and less group settings, Like if your kids are playing sports, I think there's gonna be nicknames.
Speaker 2: That's a good theory, dude.
Speaker 1: And if your kids are just in their room on their iPhone looking at TikTok. There's less actual human interaction, and you know, nicknames really is it's like, oh, look, we got two guys named Jeff. You're your Jay money now, you know, it's like we're gonna call your last name, right, or if it's just like baseball teams like they always you know, they nicknames come out of a group of friends kicking each other in the nuts. And so if there's not big groups of people hanging out anymore, or if they are hanging out, they're all staring down at their phone, there's fewer opportunities for them to kick each other in the nuts. But now that you say this my son's friend group, he'll say the names of the people. It's he just says to all their first names, like there's no our crew had skin and meat and be it, I mean fish. Everybody had a wild ass name. And so it's like I hear him. He's just saying the first names of all the kids he goes to school, and I'm like, yeah, I guess, I guess there are no nicknames.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. I'd never really thought about that. Maybe they're dying. Did you ever have any names? Uh so yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean Cubby was my like as like young kid, and then everyone just started like, it's just like what a coach would start calling you like in junior high and the KT was I guess.
Speaker 2: Is that what the coaches called you?
Speaker 1: What were what the coaches like the most about your athleticism?
Speaker 2: I think what it was is how limber? Yeah? Oh oh man? That got dark? Are they? Did they ever get caught hot doing what coaching.
Speaker 4: Talking?
Speaker 3: You stretched before like every team pray dude, you don't don't get defensive you talking about hot coaching?
Speaker 2: Hey man, it's okay, We're with you.
Speaker 3: The other thing that this author and I said, author, he's got a clenched fist as he as he wrote this story.
Speaker 2: Uh he was coming.
Speaker 3: It could be just the day and age of uh, everything's got to be PC now. Nicknames could come across as offensive sometimes a little pumper. Yeah, so I don't know, I don't really think that's it. I think you guys nailed it. It's the group. Ben's theory here is that group activities. Now we know, did you guys have nicknames growing up?
Speaker 2: I mean I went by Benji, So that was kind of the same thing. Scubby, right, absolutely? And then skinned? Were you always skin? What did that start?
Speaker 4: Everybody called me by my last name until everybody started calling me skin by the time I was probably seventeen. Yeah, that's so to be called Wade because he's like an Everybody called me Wade and uh. And also a lot of the coaches I had actually had a decent number of them had played for my dad right when my dad was a coach, So it's just.
Speaker 2: Wade, you know. It was just a lot of that. For years I was called oh what was it? For years I was called horse Dong.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 2: I don't know by the coach. I don't know, because I think, uh.
Speaker 4: Hey horse dum get out here and give me twenty man.
Speaker 1: Come on the coaches, how you doing bush ups with no arms?
Speaker 3: That's the part of the nickname. If it's like two syllables. Still you don't be quick, right, Hey, horse Dong, get over here, horse Dong.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it had to do with you.
Speaker 4: Sure what horse Dungy said.
Speaker 2: Come to think of it, I think it was worst dunk even stranger who says dun who says dung?
Speaker 1: Socially, Yeah, people in Brad Paisley, Look, this is the worst show on the radio and if you're listening to it, that says a lot about you.
Speaker 2: You need to get a grip man.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, in less than four minutes, we go around the sports Next