Speaker 1: All right, we're back, and I wanted to talk to Lisa Hanson, who was kind enough to come on and tell us her story about what happened to her as a small business person during the lockdown under a kind of medical martial law and a governor who was one of the worst tyrants there. The vice presidential candidate for the Democrats now Tim Walls, and I want people to remember what happened during this They want to flush this down in the memory hole, but they want to do that because they want to bring it back. We have to remember what happened and say never again. Lisa is a wife, mother, and grandmother. She married her high school sweetheart at the young age of eighteen and never looked back. She says. Lisa and her husband have eight beautiful children and by the end of the year they will have eighteen grandchildren. Congratulations, that's wonderful. They've owned and operated businesses for well over thirty years. They're doing most businesses. If they're going to fail, they fail within the first five years. You've done this for thirty years. So thank you for joining us, Lisa. I appreciate you coming on and telling us your story.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Tell us a bit about your business. Well, thank you, and thank you for what you're doing, and thank you for coming on and talking to people, because it's important we don't forget this. Tell people a little bit about what your business was like before the so called pandemic.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it was a thriving business. It was located right in the heart of the historical downtown part of Albert Lee, Minnesota, and a thriving business. I say that because it was a well loved business, not only by the locals of the area. But we did a specialty coffee, We did special tea, sandwiches, pastries, specialty even I would say specialty wine because we had some great selection of wine and beers, and a lot of fun. We had a little night life going on. We had it. We just had the whole gamut of a really great vibe and a great experience for people just to kind of come in, turn it off and just sit and enjoy great business. I know that it was a well loved business, and I know that it is missed only because I have people still stop me on the street saying, we really miss your restaurants so great. It was kind of always a dream of mine and my husband's and we kind of modeled our business after some of the European bistros that we have visited as we had the opportunity to travel. So great little business, a lot of fun, that's great, a lot of hard work, a lot of hard work, put a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Now you poured a lot of work, poured a lot of money into it. You knew the people that were there, and that's characteristic of small mom and pop businesses. That's the way we ran our business as well, and we got to know the customers on a regular basis that would come in and of course, you you know, were in an area, there was a tourist area, so you had a lot of people would pass through there and then all of a sudden you're declared non essentral. And that was one of the things that really bothered me that happened to us. Once during a major storm, they allowed Walmart's open up, but they declared us to be non essential and they sent the police around to shut us down when we opened up. And to me, one of the key things that really bothered me about this whole lockdown is how they would say that the big Wall Street companies, the big big box companies that trade their stock on Wall Street. They're essential, like the walmarts, but all the mom and pops are non essential because most of the mom and pops are going to be involved in service businesses. And so they came after the restaurants, and they came after the nail salons and the barbershops and all the rest of this stuff that were in service businesses and said you're non essential and we're going to shut you down. They came after Main Street while they protected Wall Street, and they called us non essential. So what was it like when this all rolled out? What happened?
Speaker 2: And in contrast, Governor Walls shut down all those businesses that you just mentioned. And in contrast, he allowed the box stores to stay open, the liquor stores, and the strip clubs because they were essential all of these business.
Speaker 1: Churches aren't churches are not?
Speaker 2: No? Oh no, He shut the churches down, He shut the schools down. Yea, went on and on, and it was what was it? Life course, It was shocking. You know, we've never been through anything like this in our time in this country, which has been from birth, so we've never seen anything like this. It was shocking the State of Minnesota I think took the path of you know, communism. There's no doubt about that. The governor had no right or authority, I should say, to do what he did. But yet he did it, and he got away with it. It still has gotten away with it. There's been no accountability for that, and there should have been. There was a lot of I believe that he has acted criminally. The governor has acted criminally, and he should be he should be prosecuted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. And the problem is that they're not doing it because everybody was on board with it, you know, everybody. It was the Democratic governors, and yet I look at what happened with the wine in Ohio. He is one of the worst ones as well. He's a Republican. And they had practiced this for twenty years. The first one of these Germ Games two months before nine to eleven. Then they put out the model state legislation for the states to enact to give themselves the power because they didn't want to directly order it from Washington. Instead, they you know, Trump financed the money. And when people were really up against it and had lost jobs and lost were losing businesses and everything, he tries to paper it over and assuage their anger by putting out the PPP and the Cares Act. How did that help? Did that help you out?
Speaker 2: We were hanging on by a thread and we had really you know, used up all of our resources as owners. And the second shutdown came along, and the first shutdown happened in March twenty twenty. Then the second shutdown came around twenty twenty. Now keep in mind we were never fully opened by the governor's governor Dictator Walls's word, so and all the while from March all the way up to November of the second full shutdown on these particular non essential businesses, we we we realized this is not right. He does not have the authority. As we started digging in and learning because David, unlike you, I have just started learning and becoming aware of my eyes opening and really being opened in the last you know, four years or so and shocking experience, trying to wrap our heads around everything that we believed, almost everything that we believed was a lie. So that it just your eyes continue to be open. And at the time, what do you do with that? You know, when we were going through this in twenty twenty, we we did consent because we didn't know what to do, to be honest with you, until the second full shutdown came for dine in restaurants being one of the businesses that was shut down. Ours was a ninety ninety five percent dining in company, and there's no way that we could have survived. We didn't really survive. We were hanging on by a thread, and not even really that. I told my husband, I said, if he does this again, if he goes, if he shuts us down completely, if he shuts us down at all any more than what we already are, and we're almost done anyway, We're almost out of business because we've exhausted everything we've got right, right, you know how that works. You've got to have revenue coming in to be able to pay your bills, pay your employees, and advance the business. Right, So let's.
Speaker 1: Talk about how it rolled out, you know, because do he roll us out kind of gradually and iteratively like any of this? So how did he roll Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was it was two weeks shut down, one hundred percent. No nobody can come in your business right two weeks. But the two weeks into two and one half months. Wow, And then he back started backing off. Okay, you can be seventy five percent open. Okay, you can be fifty percent open, twenty five percent, and then when November came, then it was full board. You know, you're one hundred percent shut down. Again. You can do take out, carry out delivery, right, all of those, but you can't do any dye ins. And again for most businesses, and none of it made any sense.
Speaker 1: No, no, I didn't, not even with their you know, if you completely buy into their pandemic narrative, their virus narratives or ology, none of it made any sense indidally. And you know, when you talk about a business like a restaurant, and it was similar to the type of business we were in. You know that most of your business is going to happen like Friday nights and Saturdays and stuff like that. So if they cut you down to fifty percent at your peak hours, you still can't cover what is happening. You know, it isn't evenly distributed. It's all clumped into you know, into the weekends and things like that. So if they limit your maximum capacity, they can put you out of business pretty easily, right, and think about it.
Speaker 2: Back in November of twenty twenty, pretty much the rest of the country was opened up and Walls was still shutting us down. Obviously, there were other places that were still dealing with shutdowns as well lockdowns, but Minnesota, we were completely done with this, and I told my husband, I said, we have two choices. We can we either Choice number one would be to shut down, close our business. Excuse me for us to close our dream business and to walk away done and figure out how to pay off the debt. You know, even though we are not turning any revenue, so close our doors forever. Or Option number two was to open up fully, because why not we have that right. There was no law. I did not violate any laws. I'm a law by I'm a law biding citizen, a law biding grammar, and so no laws were broken, and so we decided we took option number two. With the help of an organization in Minnesota that put together a plan of action. I thought it was a very solid plan. They invited all businesses that wanted you to open up together on the same day. I thought it was a great plan. Here's what you know. They gave suggestions on how this would how we would orchestrate this and if you get the call from the state, which you likely will, you're going to here. Here's what we suggest that you say. And so anyway, the plan rolled out. We got on board. I forget the exact date, December. I apologize.
Speaker 1: What other businesses o? Their businesses join with you? Just? Good? Good? Did they?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tell us what happened then? When when you opened up?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So just a bit of a backstory, there was about two hundred other businesses that and yeah, we want to do this. They shouldn't been two thousand usually, but there was two hundred. We all opened up. It was it was marketed, for lack of a better term, that we were opening. So people, if you were in favor of supporting these businesses here they are, go support them, go patronize them. Which it was amazing. We had so much support coming from all over the state and other states as well there to support us on that first day and that whole week after and then it just continued. So what happened though, David and this was to fail. Two hundred businesses, approximately two hundred Dive or take signed up to get on board about within twenty four hours after there were only ten of us that were still open. Everybody else had consented to close down.
Speaker 1: Really, oh, people aren't willing to stand up for their freedom, Like you said, you should have been two thousand or more, twenty thousand or whatever. And you know, of the ones who sign up, only a five percent hung with it. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: It is amazing and very sad. It was very so because now basically, and I know that it wasn't. You know, again, I have some grace for these folks and for people that don't understand, because I was really forced into a position to become educated and understand more than what I had ever anticipated. And it just my education continues.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Here we are four years later and I'm still learning. So so we we there was only about ten of us left open, and uh, you know, the state can handle that. The state can come. If it had been two hundred, the state wouldn't have been able to handle. And that was the whole, you know, point of doing this, but show the state we were not we're not consenting to their tyrannical orders which carry no weight of law.
Speaker 1: So unfortunately said we either hang together or we hang separately. The wouldn't hang together. You all hung separately. So what what did they do when they came after you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they came after me, of course, every they used every resource they have as the state, and of course it's the state. They have a lot of resources, no end to their resources. So I was issued to cease and desist immediately, within twenty four hours, I believe it was. And of course I did not cease and desist. And then they started throwing lawsuits at me. So I believe I had in total five civil cases against me and two criminal cases against me.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, And so then what happened with these cases?
Speaker 2: So we went to court and we fought everything. We appealed everything all the way up to the suprevior I shouldn't say everything, but most of these cases, most of the decisions we objected. There was no due process for myself. That was completely denied through and through. I don't even think these judicials, of these judges actually even read my document all the way through, or the countless documents you know that I submitted to the court. So what happened long story short is we went to trial on one of the criminal cases in twenty twenty one, and yes it was twenty twenty one December and I went in front of a jury of six pre trial determined a very terrible thing. That is again, I can't believe it still, I just can't believe in an American court of law, it was determined that I would not be allowed to present my defense. My defense being constitutional, statutory, and case law, all relevant of course to the case, all relevant to this mandate that the governor had considered, and a lot of people considered law, it was not law.
Speaker 1: So we.
Speaker 2: Thought that we objected to that stipulation, of course, because I should have been allowed to present my defense to the jury. But it was, and of course we objected to that decision that the which had made didn't matter. The judges in lockstep with all the other judges that I faced, all the way up to the Supreme Court, they're all in this together. They're in it with the governor and attorney Let's not forget Attorney General Keith Ellison. Oh yeah, a really wicked evil man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sorrow sorrows guy. He's one of the state attorneys general that Soros is able to get into office. Oh yeah, right right, So they say you can't can't argue your case, is going to shut it I've seen that, by the way, and politicized cases. I've seen it over and over again, whether it's ross Ulbrick with Silk Road, whether it was the Bundy's, and I could go on and on and on. Marty God felt they will shut down. You're presenting a defense. Did you have legal counsel? He had a lawyer representing you or do you represent yourself?
Speaker 2: I handled my own case as ce Jarius or did you you want to say it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you what about Jerry nullification? Do they have that on the books or in the constitution or did you look at that? And they do and.
Speaker 2: We did look at it, and we decided not to go that route.
Speaker 1: I have a case somebody interviewed about a decade ago. It called himself New Jersey weed Man, and he was a heavy marijuana user and he had a lot of it, and so when they came after him, they were going to get him for trafficking. It's like, no, man, I just use all that myself for my own personal use. And when I interviewed him later on as we're doing the interview, I believe it because he lights up a joint while we're doing the interview live. But he decided. He looked at and he said, you know, they're going to send me to jail for a very long time. And so he said, I wanted to dream ullification. He couldn't find a lawyer that was going to do it, and he said, I figured that there were probably going to be some people on board. I looked at public opinion and I realized that, you know, a little bit more than half the people were not really on board with marijuana prohibition in New Jersey. So I thought I could get some sympathy about that, and tried Duray nullification in his first It is explicitly mentioned in the New Jersey Constitution that a jury's duty is to judge, not just to facts the case, but whether or not they agree with the law and the punishment. And so he put that he had that printed, and he put it up on the desk there where he was sitting, and the judge said, take that down right now. I'm going to put you in jail for contempt. And so he put it down, but he said the jury had already seen it, and they voted seven to twelve to quit him. So it was a hung jury. And so then the district attorney came after him a second time, and in the second trial he did the same thing, but that judge let it stay up and what was in the constitution there and they quitted him twelve to nothing. So there's nothing they could do about it. And that's why I had him on to talk about during mulification. But that's a very powerful thing if it's there. But again, you know, in these politicized cases, these judges rig everything. Seen it over and over again.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. It was really goot and I've not seen it. I mean, this was my first experience. It was my first experience to be uh, you know, in trouble with the law, if you will, to be in a court of law. I had never been through anything.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was extremely ignorant as to how all of this rolls out. And boy did I get an education, you know, learned what a way to get an education. But I got an education, and actually I'm thankful for that today. But so right, so we were going on the premise, we had some there were so many levels that we were hitting as far as this is unconstitutional, this is even not when when emergency executive order that Governor Walls issued, actually the emergency executive order doesn't speak to the people directly to the people, or control over the people, or to dictate the people's lives. Emergency executive order applied to the executive branch, applied to the those that worked in the executive branch. And we proved that on paper, using the all all the resources that we needed to use, and it was ignored. It was absolutely ignored. Anything that should have caused this case to be absolutely dismissed, thrown out. They just ignored. They did not answer any of our objections or any of our facts to the situation. They didn't answer any of our documents at all.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And every again, every every level, every court was in lockstep with the with the previous court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see that with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you are much more familiar.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, rolling back thirty years ago, when I was involved with third party politics, I knew people who were also getting involved in third party politics, who had been to prison because there were tax protesters or because they were sovereign citizens or whatever, and they had they would talk to me about They would say, yeah, I came in, here's my case. Here's what I said to them, and I made the legal point and the judge, like scept me, said next point, we're not going to talk about that. And and I've heard that story over and over again, same thing they did to you railroading people. This is why I say people be very careful if you're going to become a tax protester or sovereign citizen, because you're not going to get a fair trial. You can be right, it can be one hundred percent right, and you're not going to get a fair trial if this is a political issue. And again I've seen it in these other things, like with Silk Road, they wanted to come after the quote unquote dark web and bitcoin and things like that. So if they've got a political agenda, and they certainly got a political agenda when it comes to the income tax stuff, they will just the word goes out. They know what they're doing, and they're gonna they're gonna shut you down. Peter Schiff's father, Irwin shift I met him. He was at a convention and he was, you know, standing there like Lenny Bruce after his trials for speech and everything, and he was up on a on a box like a soapbox, and he's talking about his trial and going through the transcript and anything. So I said this, and then they just said, you know, just threw that out and all the rest of the stuff. But this is what the law says. And so I've seen that over and over again. How crooked and dishonest our courts are. And that's why the dury nullification thing is so important. But most people, uh, don't have the courage and the conviction to do what you did, which is to defy this tyranny. And that's what's necessary, because if you don't have people who are going to stand up to it again, like you said that had two hundred businesses or even more, they could have stopped this. But if it's only a couple of people, they won't hammer you.
Speaker 2: Down right exactly. And that's then that is what happened. There was a handful of us that were you know, destroyed our livelihood, our businesses were destroyed. And and I've had the opportunity to meet these other people in the state, and mostly women, by the way, because these that's who these tyrants, you know, they go after the women. They they love to I mean Attorney general. Attorney General Keith Ellison has a history of, you know, being a woman beater, that's that's what he's known for. So anyway, maybe could.
Speaker 1: Get a medal of the Olympics for that. I understand giving them away for that. There was a similar case in Dallas, for example. Clay Jenkins was the chief elected official in Dallas County. They call him Judges in Texas. And Shelley Luther you may remember her. She had a nail salon or something, and he came after her and wanted to throw her in jail, and of course some other people. I think the governor may have intervened in that particular case, Governor Rabbit. But this guy, Clay Jenkins. A couple of years prior to that, they had an illegal immigrant who had come into the country and he had ebola, and Clay Jenkins was coming in and telling everybody, it's a big deal. It's no big deal. Look, you know we got football games coming up. We got Dallas and Houston are playing. Go to the football game. It's not anything to worry about. We got all these hospitals. They can treat you with anything. And they took this guy and I this guy did not This guy did die, and he got two nurses sick. They had Fauci come in Francis Collins come in, everybody saying, oh, it's great, it's no problem. But then when Kelley Luther and this is you know, Bolo was serious and they killed that guy, Shelley Luther says, I'm not going to shut down. And the same guy who was telling everybody go ahead and do everything comes after her and I'm going to put her in jail. I mean, it's amazing how inconsistent and hypocritical they are and how they will focus this. It was totally political. It was psychological what they were doing. Now, did they put you in jail? They did put you in jail? Right?
Speaker 2: They sure did put me in jail, my first time ever in jail, hopefully the last.
Speaker 1: And it was ninety days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. I was sentenced to the full the maximum penalty, and as the jury found me guilty on all I believe it was six charge, six charges, so right, it was, they sentenced me to ninety I served sixty and it was. It was quite the experience, the whole thing, the whole thing was quite the experience. Hopefully never to have to repeat it again. But here we are.
Speaker 1: And was it local or was it state? You mentioned Keith Elson, So it is just a state prosecution where they came after you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was a state. But of course now in the criminal case cases, they had to get somebody in the county or city to prosecute. The state could not prosecute me on the criminal charges directly, so they had to prosecute. They ended up I believe that the county attorney, he did not take the case. I don't know if he refused. I don't know any of the details there. I could probably submit a forhoy and find out, but I have not done that. It was the prosecutor ended up being the city attorney of Albert Lee, Minnesota. And Albert Lee just you know here we've raised our family in the area for at that point, for about thirty years whatever. It was big family. All of our children lived in the area at that time, almost all of them. We had another business, which was my husband's company that we had built thirty year business, and but that was right there in Albert Lee. And yet I was treated I was treated as an actual criminal. I had, you know, we had churched in the area. I had volunteered and worked in children's ministries for decades. So you put all this together and then the city just you know, uh allows you to be prosecuted and persecuted. It was shameful for Albert Lee to allow this. They didn't have to allow it, but nobody stood up. I had conversations my husband, I had conversations with the sheriff at the time, with the chief of police. We'd invite them in, sit down and have a cup of coffee in our restaurant, and they were there. They were with me. They were with me until push came to shove, and then they hands off. They didn't want to have anything to do with me because the judge got involved and the judge signed for signed the arrest warm and the judge was prosecuting and persecuting. And you're right, David, it was a sham. The whole thing was a sham. And my heart goes out to all those other folks that have been through these types of situations, and I know some have been through a lot worse. You know, mine was a ninety day sentence you mentioned, you know prison sentences that are years years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's no no. It's interesting that Shelley Luther's case and they tried to send her to jail, but they didn't send her to jail, but it made national news. You went to jail, and it didn't make national news. And I guess it's because it's coming from Minnesota, and well, Minnesota, can you know? But you know, I tell people all the time, focus on what is happening at the local level, because the people at the local level can make it better or they can make it worse. We know what the Washington agenda is. We need to pay attention to what Trump did, what Biden did, and we need to understand what they did and understand they're not going to change anything about it, and that it made a big difference depending on your life locality, the local people that were there, the state people that were there, and so again, in your situation, the best thing to do is to just get out of Minnesota because it's so hopelessly corrupt and slavish. And you now live in I think it is Wisconsin, Is that right?
Speaker 2: Iowa? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, Iowa, Okay, Iowa. So we've stayed, we've stayed.
Speaker 2: We've stayed fairly close. We have because of all, most all of our children are in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa, so well, a lot.
Speaker 1: More conservative in Iowa that's for sure.
Speaker 2: That is for sure. Yeah, so Iowa still needs a lot of work, just probably like about every other state in the Union. But no, this is a better place to be in Iowa. It took us, It took us quite a while to say, okay, we need to be out of the state. I think the last straw for us, the convincing situation event. Let's call it an event because it was an event that took place, was when a certain law enforcements showed up at our door unannounced, and you know, continue to I really can't talk about that yet because it's still under investigation, has been for way too long. But let's just put it this way. We know when they want you to shut up, when they want you to get out, they know they have ways, they have ways, And so persecution continued. After I got out of jail, I immediately hit the ground running and campaigned for state Senate. And so obviously the state's saying, okay, we didn't get her to shut up by putting her in jail here for sixty days, so now we're going to use other means to come after her and her family and absolutely bogus and this is all a lot of it was perpetuated on the local level. I hate to say new sheriff at that time, and that more persecution. I'm just going to call it happened against us, and I what do you do? What do you do when you have when you have elected public servants that are not doing their duty to the people, protecting the people, guarding the people, upholding their constitution, their constitutionally protected God given rights. That's their duty, and they're not They're not performing their duties any longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know what you mean about, you know, having the law enforcement show up and kind of have a show of strength. We had a situation with that. We had one of our particular locations. We'd had some video stores and so people would pull up and double park and run in and hand us the videotape sometimes, and we did have a drop box that we could do is but you know, if they're doing that, we would just take that from them. Well, some guy decided, one of the police officers decided he's going to get a bunch of tickets, so he parked on our parking lot. Every time somebody would do that, he'd pull up behind him and give him a parking ticket and it's like, what's going on with this? After you did it two or three times, I went out there and while he was giving them a ticket, I said, how much is that ticket going to be? All right, I'm going to give you more than that in store credits, and so I directly come and after I did that a couple of times, he went away, and then he came back with the fire department and they got a ladder truck and they parked it in the parking lot in front of our store, and the fireman started taking the police officers up in the ladder truck. And we had customers who are coming in and saying, what's going on here? And say, well, let me tell you about this. I mean, I know what that's like. You know they will do that kind of stuff, And so my heart really goes out to you with that. Tell me about did anybody else go to jail other than you.
Speaker 2: Not that I'm aware of. No, as far as I know, I'm the only one that received criminal charges. And a good friend of mine who also did a similar thing, had this state coming against her. She lives in a town quite north and west of where I live, in the southern part of the state. Or lived, and their town is too small for a police department. They do have a sheriff's office that governs their town and or protects their town supposedly, And actually I think her sheriff was a pretty good sheriff. He came to her one day and said, you know, I got the state got ahold of me, and they've asked me to prosecute you. I've told them no, I will not execute you.
Speaker 1: Good for him, Yeah, yeah, she received.
Speaker 2: Oh but you know, I got to tell you this, David was a real interesting story. You can you can look it up. Larveda mcfarcar. She so this is just an interesting point to Larvita is a colored woman and an amazing gal she is, and our attorney general is also colored. And our attorney general made the statement, it's it's in the press something to the effect of that he was going to send her to a work farm if she didn't obey.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, And we're think you were scratching our heads thinking what in the world, Well, if LA law happened, if.
Speaker 1: La LA wins and ten walls wins, Keith Olson's probably going to get some attorney general or something of the US. I mean That's a frightening idea, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: You know, what about the churches? Just at the beginning that Walls did not shut down the strip clubs. If they shut down the churches, how did that play out?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, as far as I understand in my local area, most of the churches shut down. They consented.
Speaker 1: And when did he let them open up again? You know?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, that's a good question. I'm sorry. I cannot give you the date on that, or it must have been some time. I'm thinking it was in the fall or during that November that second shutdown that he I think it was around that time, a little before that time, and then it wasn't it after the first of the year. I think maybe in twenty twenty two that he kind of cleared everybody to open up again. But please don't quote me on that. I apologize. Yeah, yeah, my memory. I think I've tried to stuff some things away because they're is so very unpleasant. And as we're talking and interviewing, and you know, because of this VP fix being Walls, it's all really starting to kind of come back and talking about it is good. So sharing the story is an important story to share, and if we.
Speaker 1: Look at it, you know, we had a similar situation in Vegas. They would let the casinos open up, they wouldn't let the churches open up. So he had some people go in there and hold a church service inside of the casino to show the absurdity of that, and the Supreme Court signed on to that as well. The US Supreme Court absolutely insane. I remember the spring of twenty twenty, after a couple of weeks of this stuff or whatever, there was a guy that I interviewed out of Illinois, and of course Illinois very Pritzker, very dictatorial, just like Walls. But he had a small church in a small town and he never closed it. And the sheriff that was there was a member of that church. And so the governor was making threatening gestures and statements about all this kind of stuff and the sheriff, as you had stories coming back from all over the country about some police departments showing up and taking taking down the license plate numbers of people who had violated the orders and gone to church and all that kind of stuff. The sheriff was there at their church and with his deputies surrounding the church to protect them. From the state police. And so that's why I tell people that story, because again, even in a situation like Illinois, kind of a worst case state scenario, you can still have some good local officials and people you can make a difference. Not at the federal level the bipartisan agreement about all this stuff and they've worked this thing up, but at the local level, you can make some things better if you get the right people there. It's very important.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's right. And you know, we did our very best, meaning myself, my family, supporters, other people who really cared the current. The sheriff at the time was Sheriff cry Tag, and we did our best to inform him and educate him. And I mean that with all respect. I'm not belittling him by saying that he told me to my face when we were talking about the Constitution that he says, you know, I know the First and Second Amendment, but I really don't know the rest of the Constitution well at all. And we thought that he should probably understand the rest of the Constitution, and he should understand the First and Second Amendment a little better. Somebody offered an all expense paid a trip to sheriff MAXs Sheriff seminar. I believe those were going on in Texas at the time, like a two or three day seminar for these sheriffs, educating them in the constitution and how to protect the people that you're serving, etc. He denied that he turned it down. We also tube the different parties handed him as Sheriff Max booklet or book on what every sheriff should know. And yet when push came to shove, my sheriff was not there for me. He was not there to protect me. So that was really unfortunate, very sad to see. So, yeah, you're right, I.
Speaker 1: Believe there are Yeah, it's right. It's important that we know, you know, when these elections are coming up, these local elections, you know, kind of get a scope as to where your sheriff is on that. I think that's interesting. His name was fright Tag, which like Friday, is like a dragnet. You know, my partner. Here's my partner, Friday, you know, fright Tag. But there's another good resource out there as well as Sheriff MAC and a Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association. Of course you can support that with being a part of the POSSE. You don't have to be somebody who works in law enforcement. You can support that effort as a POSSE member. Also, Mattrohela has a great book that has been very effective, short book but packed very easy read a lot of information is called Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate, and it takes it from a historical perspective, and that's also something that has been known to open the eyes of people who are in law enforcement. So a couple of good resources there. Well, it sounds like you really know your stuff, and thank you so much for taking a stand on that. If people would have stood up it would not have happened. And when people finally just started quietly walking away and not complying, that's when it ended. And it hasn't officially ended because we haven't taken away any of these usurped powers and we haven't seen anybody pay any price for any of this. None of the people from the sheriffs up to Fauci or either Trump or Biden, nobody has paid a penalty for any of this stuff. And that's why it's going to happen again, and hopefully this next time when it happens again, people aren't going to quietly and sheepishly go along with it. They will resist it, and they'll resist it in sufficient numbers to stop it. But thank you for inning alone, essentially against this stuff. It's a horrific thing your prison, as you point out, when you were in prison, Tell people what you missed when you were in prison? One of those?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely. I missed Christmas with my family, the birth of one of my granddaughters. I was supposed to be there in attendance. I missed that. I missed my wedding anniversary, as well as a host of other you know, events of life happenings. But yeah, it was a tough time. I'll tell you what though, David, the Lord, the Lord saw me through good good.
Speaker 1: Did they make you wear a mask in prison? Things like that?
Speaker 2: Yes they did, Yes they did. Oh man, I decided not to fight that even I'd never worn, you know, a mask outside of prison than other than court, because they required actually a face shield is what they let me get away with in prison, or excuse me, in court. So yeah, it was the whole thing so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It is it just all the Simon says, nonsense, a joke, and it was a joke to start with, I'm so sorry that happened to you. But now you're in Iowa and have you started I think you've started another business? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Well not no, Actually we are retired.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, you're retired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we're retired at least for at least for the time being.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for what you did. And again, if we'd had more people like you, this charade would have not gone on. It would have ended right away. People. If you don't stand up, they're going to walk all over you. It's just that simple. They walked all over us through those period of time, and now we're cheering those people. And now we're supposed to believe that if we don't get the idiot A or idiot B, America is over. I'm sorry America ended in twenty twenty. You just haven't noticed it. For sharing, for these people.
Speaker 2: It's time that everybody catches up, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Thank you so much for what you did, and thank you for coming on. It's great talking to you. Good luck to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David. It was a real honor. Thank you so much. God blessed hearing of biased.
Speaker 1: And false snooze all too common on social media.
Speaker 3: First, unfortunately, exactly, and this is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 1: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 2: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 1: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 2: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 1: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 2: This is extremely dangerous to our democracy. This is extremely dangerous to our democracy. This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Speaker 1: Break free from the usual script with a David Knight Show a fresh perspective bringing you genuine insights on current events. But if the show is going to stay on the air, we'll need your continued support. Sharing the show, subscribing and even just hitting the like button all help. And if you found our show helpful, please consider donating and becoming a part of a community that values the truth because independent, listener funded news, untouched by corporate globalist agendas, is extremely important to our liberties.