Speaker 1: I wanted to ask my friend Wade Lightheart a question as I'm headed into my seal fit journey, which just became real. I just got invited into the zoom session to meet the other men who are going to be burdened with me in their group. Ah, these poor guys, and I wanted to ask him about the hardest thing about doing hard things, because Wade's a guy who's done a lot of hard things, and we are all going to have to do hard things. You probably saw the video of the guy who was offered one misdemeanor charge, that's it, no jail time, no prison time because of January sixth. He refused it because he says the government was going to make him lie about other people, so instead he did two years in prison. I wonder what the hardest thing about doing hard things was for him. We'll talk about this with Wade, with the help of God Almighty.
Speaker 2: The cod Herman Show is one hundred percent disapproved by big pharma, technocorrats and tyrants everywhere. No from the high mountains of Free America. Here's the Emerald City Exile cod Herman.
Speaker 1: Today is a day the Lord has made, and these are the times to which God has decided we shall live. When you build up to do a hard thing, sometimes I think, and we'll get weighed on and talk about this. I think the hardest thing about doing hard things is the part I'm in now that for me, this journey seal fit is well, it's something that most people aren't going to do, but it can really compare to things you are going to have to do, particularly if you're young. Right, those of us that are old, we sort of invent our hard things. I mean, there are hard things in life. There's the death of a loved one, there's moving, there's changing jobs. Increasingly, there's staying wedded to the word of God in a society that hates the word of God. It can be hard to do that because sometimes it leads to losing jobs, and that's.
Speaker 3: A real challenge.
Speaker 1: It's horrible. God promises us, he promises us that He will return sevenfold what we lose if we do it serving him. I've certainly found that to be true. With this podcast and the multiple radio shows we have now national radio shows, I've certainly can witness to that. The hard thing I think about doing a hard thing is getting past the thinking point the planning point. And there's something that I've learned about my mind, and that is that my mind will confuse talking about doing a thing with doing the thing. Consequently, there are goals I have in my mind I never share with anybody. I don't even write them down. Trust me, they're not going away.
Speaker 3: They're up here.
Speaker 1: The hard thing as well is sometimes recognizing that you are not going to shine all the time. It goes right back to your the turtle, or no, not you to the turtle. It goes back to all the places will go. This is doctor Seuss right, You're not always going to be on top. My coach did something to me about four weeks ago. She's never done and what was going on. I didn't even understand what she was doing. She presented to me a workout challenge and showed me the movements. This is going to be these movements. It's what we'd call it shipper. So it has a whole bunch of movements in it, and five movements. And it was burpie box jumps, it was skier, it was wallballs, dead lifts, it all in this one workout. And then coach said to me, my.
Speaker 3: Expectation is that you will get easily.
Speaker 1: Through eight rounds of this. Oh okay, well that seems an aggressive.
Speaker 3: Goal, but sweet, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So I began doing the workout, and in the middle of the workout, it's about halfway through it, and I'm pretty good at pacing myself and CrossFit. I looked up at the clock and I realized, oh my gosh, if I do not murder this thing, I won't even get six rounds. So I had to turn everything up in an effort to get six rounds, and Coach had expected.
Speaker 4: Me to get eight.
Speaker 1: Now, when the workout ended, I rarely ever flop after a workout that is laid down.
Speaker 3: I rarely do that.
Speaker 1: I didn't this time, but I sat down, which is also rare for me. I never want someone to see me tired in a competition sense. I never want them to perceive that that bothered me. So I had to sit down and I finally stood up and I said to coach, let me ask a question. Was there even a chance that I could do eight rounds? And she said, well, it's in the realm of possibility. One day I said, okay, she goes Todd, You're going to go into an environment and seal fit where you're going to fail. You are not going to do on some of the evolutions. You're gonna flop. That's going to happen. They're going to make sure it happens. What I liked about what you just did is I know you figured that out, she said. I saw you look at the clock. I know you did the math, but you sped up. You didn't slow down, even knowing there was not a chance you were going to get to eight rounds.
Speaker 3: That will serve you well.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think the hardest thing about doing hard things is recognizing that you are not always going to succeed. There are going to be pieces of something at which you'll fail, and being okay with that goes back to resilience.
Speaker 3: We'll ask Wade about this in just a second.
Speaker 1: I just got a note from my friend Steve Anderson, who's the managing director managing partner of renew Healthcare. Three couples went there in November, three fantastic outcomes, and I'm cooking up a trip back down there this time. If we go do a wellcation, we're going to give a lot more time in planning so we get a lot more people down. We didn't give much time in planning us having a great time, got to make great viewers and listeners. But there are three friends of mine who are thinking going on. One of them is Zach Abraham, who you know comes on our show once a week. He wants to get the infusion of stem cells. The infusion is probably the most expensive process and it attacks inflammation throughout your bodies. These stem cells that are ethically gathered from umbilical cords and placentas.
Speaker 3: They search your body for any hotspots.
Speaker 1: If there's cartilage that needs to be rebuilt, it can do that, tend then muscle. It does that, but it destroys inflammation across the body. That's what Zach is looking at. Another friend of mine blew up his knee. I've been asking you to pray for him. He's called the wrestler. That's not completely blown up, but looks like the beginning of a cartilage terear at our age. And he's my age in our mid fifties. Cartilage isn't likely to grow back. These stem cells can grow it back. So he's looking at having that done. And then a friend of mine a call Andy, and he's a with jumper's knee forever now it's just me. So we're all looking at going down my thing lower back. I made the mistake of wrestling my much younger, much stronger, much more athletic, better looking, smarter, and more godly friend Ben. I got the first three takedowns and he figured me out and crushed me, hurt me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's my sports med doc. So there's that.
Speaker 1: So maybe he should fix me. Hey Ben, maybe I should get a you hurt me discount. So we're all thinking about going down for these very different reasons. Why would I suggest this to my friends if I didn't know it worked. Go to renew dot Healthcare and ask them if they can replace your cardage so you don't need to have surgery. Go down and see if they can fix your lower backs. You don't need to be in pain and on meds. It's simple. Good to renew r E n u E dot Healthcare. That's r E n ue dot Healthcare.
Speaker 3: Wade Lightheart, Welcome back to the Todd Hermann Show. Good to see you, my friend, Todd.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited to be here. We had so much fun last time. To be back again. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Having me on.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more man.
Speaker 1: Thank you before we get to the hard things, and I want to ask you the question, what's the hardest thing about doing hard things? I would be like negligent if I didn't ask you. There's a lot going on in this news. You're a very smart man. I've never talked current events with you, Like what do you seeing?
Speaker 5: Well, we're seeing the culmination of I believe, what was illustrated by the guys that wrote The Fourth Turning and if you've read that book, We're in a phase of chaos, which is usually represented by either civil war or external war or potentially even both. And there's economic cycles, there's you know, civilization cycles, and it seems that we're flat and that's probably going to be in this for another ten years as the technological in the technological advancement has really outstripped our biological capacity to handle it. So, for example, we just witnessed the most public event in world history with the attempted assassination of the former president Donald Trump, and in the current candidate. Now, I'm a Canadian, I don't get to vote either way, okay, So I want to be clear about that, and it's not a political statement, but the moment can't be lost in the fact that once again the authorities that we are entrusting to give us accurate information are stonewalling us. And we saw this in the pandemic.
Speaker 4: We saw this.
Speaker 5: I think we also saw this with the hearings in the university stuff. We saw it in the Capital six. And what's happened is we have a fractionation of opinions distributed through these little things that gain traction, that reaffirm whatever biases. I don't know what happened. I don't know what's behind all this. And people are grabbing for certainty because you need a certain amount of certainty in direction. You know, It's why people get a coach when they're trying to figure out their fitness. There's a lot of ways to get fit, but you need some sort of direction. While you have a professor at a university that you learn, or a teacher of profession, or a spiritual teaching or a leader or a functional religion, these structures. Well, now there's so much confusion around this that people are spinning around in these cycles.
Speaker 4: Of what do I do? What about this? You know, is it a conspiracy? Is this the rise of Hitler? Is you know, like Is it the end of the world? Is it World War three like? And what happens two things.
Speaker 5: Either you get really hyper motivated and indoctrinated with some kind of defenses, like we've got to save the nation and we've got to get kill everybody or fight everybody, or you go into a defense mode where it's like, I'm not listening to it, I'm checked out, don't I want to play the safe game.
Speaker 4: I don't want to deal with this.
Speaker 5: I want to just hunker down in my room and play some video games or something and take some substances that just detach me from society.
Speaker 4: And we're seeing that.
Speaker 5: We've got to find a better resolution to the new challenges of society. So there is a call to action for a lot of people. But that action can't.
Speaker 4: Be based in fear, and it can't be.
Speaker 5: Entrenched in violence, because if it is, the cost of the solution is much higher than we need to pay. But it doesn't look like anybody's learning the lessons. So it's likely the worst case scenario. And we have as men who are in charge of our families, and that's our immediate community, and then the community.
Speaker 4: That we're in.
Speaker 5: We have to start gathering ourselves with other men to find aally new you know, independent communities that are able to provide support and safety for each other in a non combative way, hopefully agreed and and and that's our that's our task, that's our calling.
Speaker 4: We can't solve.
Speaker 5: These national things, but we can solve the local We solve the local problems. I think we have an opportunity to solve the bigger problems.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 1: And like so many people will complain about and I look, I complain sometimes living and not take care of home base. One thing I would ask you as an executive and then we'll get into the hard things discussion. Like you and Matt have built a very very successful company, and you have you know, scientists and medical people who work with you and for you in a formulation lab. So I just want to run through this scenario. And I'm taking the assassination attempt to President Trump. So here's some things we've discovered. They chose not to record the radio traffic, okay. They chose not to secure the rooftop, all right. They chose to use untrained agents, okay. They chose not to take the highest viewpoint, which would be the water tower. They chose, they chose to surrender that they chose to let this guy walk around for an hour. They chose to let him be in the rooftop for half an hour. He was there twenty minutes, a known danger with a gun. They chose that President Trump come out. So all these choices they made. And I want to put you in an executive sense. So let's say that you come to work one day and you sit down with your team. All right, we're doing the free Magnese and Breakthrough thing. It's Meg Breakthrough dot com slash Todd Free. We're doing this with Todd Herman on the show. Do we have enough coranny because we're going to get a lot of orders for this? And your team says, yeah, we didn't check. Wait so wait, no one checked. Yeah we didn't.
Speaker 3: Can we look into the warehouse? You know what?
Speaker 1: We didn't swing by the warehouse? Okay, did we tell Todd this is a possibility?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, And you are getting these series of excuses. Wait, who'd you put on this? Who's running this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: The new guy, Doug? Wait, Doug's a great kid, but he's from the shipping department. You put Doug departs of this. Yeah, we tried about as a project managemer and you're sitting there.
Speaker 3: How quickly do.
Speaker 1: People find themselves with that employment or something? In Wade Whiteheart's World of Bioptimizers.
Speaker 5: Well, first off, the first step is that the buck stops with me because it's our company, Matt and I's company. Yeah, and I wouldn't even speak for Matt. I would say this is my fault number one. I am responsible for the delivery of our mission statement, and Matt would do the exact same thing. Nice, Okay, it's our fault. So I come out and I make a public statement I have failed in the execution of what I've promised to do.
Speaker 4: Therefore, I obviously need to be replaced.
Speaker 5: And during that replacement process, because I'm taking responsibility, I am going to find out all of the executional components.
Speaker 4: That I thought were in place or omitted or was ignorant or whatever the issue was. And I'm going to work through this to hand off the new opportunity to whoever's going to take my role in the future to say this is what we did wrong, these are the oversights, these are the elements, and we need to make this so it doesn't happen again.
Speaker 5: If I don't do that, then I'm not a leader. I'm a I'm.
Speaker 4: A false representation.
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of people in business today who take over big companies with the big paycheck and all this sort of stuff, and they're catering to the donor class. They're catering to the biggest investors. They're involved in some politically maneuvering. They're pandering to you know, silly government regulation and stuff like this. Yeah, because they're playing this political game. And what happens is a lose track of in all of the numbers, like in all of the numbers in the company, what is what does each number essentially represent? It represents a relationship with the customer, and the customer is buying a promise. You're promising number one that they have a problem, a thing they want to solve, whatever that challenge is. And you're saying, hey, look, i'm going to communicate to you. First, there's a communication I'm going to I'm in charge of this. We're going to help you with your problem too. We're going to explain, we're going to provide the solution to that problem. Number two, we're going to show you how to use or take or take advantage of that solution. Number three, we're going to make sure that that solution happens in a timely fashion so that your expectations are met within a reasonable time frame. So if I'm a personal trainer, I'm going to say, hey, yeah, we can get your You want to lose forty pounds, Well, we can lose that in a year safely. We're gonna make some and here's the benchmarks. We're going to take a benchmark at twelve weeks. We're going to take a Bell's market twenty four and we're going to see based on your compliance, and we're going to work those compliance things out.
Speaker 4: If it's a product, it's like, Hey.
Speaker 5: You wanted the best magnesium in the market, You're gonna take magnesium Breakthrough. Why is it the best? Here's the reasons why. Here's our promise. We're gonna ship it to you with this medium. Do you like Amazon? Do you like online? Do you like Facebook? Do you like with an affiliate such as yourself? Great, we're gonna get that. We're gonna give you a discount represent for that person because that person is out there promoting and putting their name on the line and their stuff, because I have a responsibility to my partner and then when that product gets to them, do they know how to take it and it gets in a time and fashion and number four of that, if any part of that goes wrong, I'm responsible to that, and so therefore I give my customer their money back. And in this case they have to say, I have to give the title back that I was entrusted with because I've failed to deliver and I owe it to this. I owe it to the position that I'm in and the position of service that I have been given and entrusted and have the opportunity for. I've failed in it, and so therefore I need to give that back to you because I failed in it. And that's why we have a one hundred percent money back guarantee. So my business is no different than that institution. It's just a way bigger institution.
Speaker 4: When you're talking about the United States of America and hundreds of years and presidency and that the protection this is monumentally bigger.
Speaker 6: But I think it's that size in that volume and that distortion that's made them lose track of the one person that matters, which is the American citizen, and the American citizen has entrusted these.
Speaker 7: People and these institutions to operate in an integris format to deliver the services, the guidance, and to properly spend the money that they execate from them. And there's all indications, independent of which political side that you have, that we have a tyrannical, bureaucratic state that has impaired the delivery of value to the American citizen, the American taxpayer, plain and simple.
Speaker 1: And wait light heart for president dude, I wish you were a Canadian. Well, nothing wrong with being Canadian. I love Canada.
Speaker 3: But that's so so well said. And see that would be a very hard thing to do.
Speaker 1: To resign your position as the boss be a very hard thing to do. So I want to transfer in to the discussion about what is the hard thing about doing hard things. In a second, corruption follows money. The love of money is the root of all evil. The love of money. Now, my friend Zach Abraham, the chief investments are capital management. He doesn't love money, He stewards it. What he loves is managing risk for people. What he loves is seeing people enter into retirement with a successful plan. And Zach has a unique way of the describing what a successful retirement means. It's not what some other people would do. Other people will show you pictures of beach vacations and two million dollar RVs and multiple homes, and maybe that's what you want. What is it what you could afford? Zach engages in risk management by actively managing every single portfolio, which can reduce risk and volatility. And he will look at your accounts. They'll look at your equity and your home, your investment accounts, any sort of outstanding debts you have, and he will tell you how exposed you are to risk and how near you are to successful retirement. And here's how Zach defines success in retirement, knowing exactly how much money you will have every month for the rest of your life. And he'll look at these portfolios for free, no obligation. Just call him at eight sixty six seven to seven nine Risk. That's eight sixty six seven seven nine Risk, or go to Know your Risk radio dot com and he'll make that happen for you.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: We Managements and Investment Advisor representative of Truck Financial LLC and SEC registered investment advisor Investments involve risk and are not guaranteed past performance doesn't care intery future results.
Speaker 3: Truk twenty four Dash three seven eight Wade. You heard me.
Speaker 1: Talk about this thing that my coach did to me. And she's not a sy op person, she's not a head gamer. But she did this on purpose to give me a task that mathematically and we've worked together for four years. She knows my capability, she knows my work capacity. She knew there's no chance you're getting to eight rounds when she did that to me. She was looking for something. Is Todd gonna crack? Is You're going to realize, my gosh, I'm going to fail? So why even put in the effort? And what she said she was pleased by was no, you sped up, you poured more into it knowing you weren't going to get eight rounds. That's what I was looking for because in seal fit, you're going to fail. Todd, you are going to fail. So I think one of the things that hard things are doing, hard things weighed is to recognize that you're going to fail. You've done a ton of hard things, being a world champ, bodybuilder, building this company, being willing to step down.
Speaker 3: As the boss. What do you think is the real hard thing about doing hard things?
Speaker 4: I think it's to be honest with yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're scaring me because I'm getting afraid and seal fit and I'm starting to be honest with myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you know the first I think if there is another Commandmtage thou shalt not kid thyself?
Speaker 3: I love that, right?
Speaker 4: And what does that mean?
Speaker 5: You See, everybody has a voice in their head, and that voice maybe over calibrating to the negative or over calibrating to the positive, and in different areas, and very seldom is it direct leap an accurate representation of reality. And only when you get outside of your comfort zone, which is a requirement of excellence, because an excellence, you are letting go of what your past self is or what's comfortable for you now to embrace what could could you be your potential. But you don't know what your potential is. You don't know what your top end is, you don't know what your super self could possibly be. So in pursuit of that, whether you're driven by a negative voice or a positive voice, the accuracy isn't there. So you need some sort of external benchmark to determine where you really are at. So, whether that is delivering a product on time to a customer or a client, whether that is achieving a new level of fitness, going in a fitness contest or running a marathon or doing seal Fit or any of the difficult things, or having and maintaining a good relationship with your wife. Think that everything's okay and I'm doing a great job, and then you know, you go to a therapist and she starts bringing up a bunch of things that you had no idea about and you you thought you.
Speaker 4: Were nailing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and and and so the distortion between your perception of what you're doing and her experience is different. So this confrontation with external reality versus your internal representation of it is the process of excellence. And the first time or two that you hit this, or even the first multiple times, it's it's impactful in the fact that it can be you.
Speaker 4: Can kind of take away from your confidence a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's like, well, wait a minute, the world isn't exactly the way that I'm representing it in my self talk or my representation. I'm not as good as I think I am. I'm not as cool as I think I am. I'm not as fit as I think I am. I'm not as successful or wealthy, or confident or well like? Are all all of those stories that we're trying to bolster or hide from in dealing with it. And it's very you know what is the biggest fear in public in people's lives?
Speaker 4: Speaking in public? Now?
Speaker 5: We all have a voice in our head that's ourselves talking, but in public, if speaking in a public room with a bunch of people where they could actually not be concordant with what you're saying in your head, why are people scared of that? Because people don't want to expose themselves to that situation because they might feel that it's too crushing. It's too crushing. And some people will go into a situation like that. They'll do their first competition, they'll they'll get in their first marriage and go through a divorce, or they'll they'll fail at a competition, or they'll start a business and fail, or they're go into a university and get ripped up in their first thing. They go into that aspirational aspect and at some point they they get a conflict with that self representation now. Opportunity and danger are written in the kaishu script in Chinese and Japanese.
Speaker 4: Writing.
Speaker 5: So the dangerous aspect is to face oneself and your less than representation of what you could be is dangerous for the psyche and the stamp. Why okay, life is not what I think it is? The opportunity is is okay, Well, here's where I'm at. Maybe if I continue further, I can be a better version of myself because the only person you're really competing against yourself is the person you were yesterday, and if you continually confined little tiny games within that, you'll be successful. The other thing is is most people never go all into anything right because they're scared that if they go all in and it's not enough, that somehow they're not good enough, they're not successful enough, they're not cool enough, they're not attractive enough, they're not rich enough, whatever. So therefore they rationalize out why they shouldn't do it, or why they that's dumb or that's stupid, or why would I do that or anyone else that does that. They'll direct a condemnitive narrative around that, or they're selfish, or they're not.
Speaker 4: Cool or they think they're all that, or they.
Speaker 5: Generate this whole projection around that, but really it's a self protection mechanism because guess what, it's better to stay safe and secure in delusion than to be out there and exposed in reality.
Speaker 3: That's beautiful. That is just beautiful.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that we grab that and push that through all the socials. That's a beautiful, beautiful statement. And this, like this measuring stick, Mike, my current thing will be seal fit and my expectation of myself is to thrive, right, because if I go down there and say I'm going to survive, well, that's like aiming for okay, and I want to thrive. My measuring stick for this are these series of things I've been doing. A twelve hour workout, a sixteen hour workout, a twenty four hour workout.
Speaker 3: But here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Wait, is that when I do this, I program it on my own. Well, those are things I'm innately going to put limits of myself. When I invite my friends in and have them kindly show up at three o'clock in the morning and I am toast and they're brand new, fresh out of bed, with coffee and pancakes and they show up and say, here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 3: This is the next hour and a half of your life.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, that dynamic changes, and I'm confronted now with having to pace with another person. We're going to run a five k, You're going to pace me, You're going to stick with me, You're going to wear a kit. I'm not going to wear a kit. My run is going to be easier, you's going to be harder. And that sort of mind game you could call it, is very very functional because they know what's being done out of love and very helpful. But that measuring stick I don't think happens consistently enough in people's lives. Like you talked about a husband and wife. I did a show once on marriage. KPIs key performance indicators. The fruit of the spirit on one access the biblical definition of love. On the other, access do I feel around people the fruit of the spirit patients, kindness, joy, temperance, self control, kindness, charity. And then on the bottom, do I have then the characteristics of biblical love? Am I seeking to serve not be served? Am I not boastful, proud or angry? And if you take a confluence of those things and map that on a chart and talk with one another, how are we on these KPIs. Now you're getting some sort of measure between one another. You add a third party to that, like a therapist. Then you have someone else saying I don't know that you're exactly rated that way. There are people who have special needs kids and this happens that they have to adjust their expectation for their kids, and this is really hard for parents. Parents say, well, my kid's going to be he's going to go to my college and he's going to pursue my profession. And when they find out the kids have are non neurotypical, a lot of times for parents it can be oh my gosh, and it's a difficult thing.
Speaker 3: To adjust expectations.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean that you stop loving, you stop pushing, stop believing, or parents of kids have special needs for them to understand that Alan has it really tough. He's effectively nonverbal, he has at eighteen operations. He's only fourteen years old.
Speaker 4: But he works.
Speaker 1: He invents soap. He works at the company in quality control. His brother Ian is impacted by autism. He works, He contributes Amy who got late on set autism. She's thriving, helping with social media, et cetera. She was told she's hirable and the soap is of pristine quality. There's no way John would put his name on a soap that sucked. So they researched a family. They found them in the Midwest. They are three generations into the soap crafting world. That's what that's all they do. They took on the fragrances that Alan thought of, that came from special memories for him.
Speaker 3: They create those soaps. They're all natural, they're made in.
Speaker 1: America to give this to families with kids with special needs. Partake of the younger kids. It's a side of hope, and every time they wash their bodies they can remember that. Yep, our kids too can work. Our kids can contribute. What the word saying is not true. So go to alansaps dot com slash todd. That's alansaps dot com slash todd. From a Christian perspective, we need to understand something the Bible, the Holy Bible told us, and this is paraphrasing, things are gonna get whack. That's not exactly how the Lord Jesus said it. But look we can read good's going to be called evil. Evil's going to be good. Men are gonna, you know, depart solid teachings and go after the false teachers who give them what their itching ears want to know. That goes back to that self awaren thing. And also having this measure for me going back to the Bible. Is this biblical? Are these good things or not?
Speaker 3: And I agree with you on these protocols.
Speaker 1: In what I have done the like twenty four hours, sixteen ho or twelve hour work is you know what's the first to give up?
Speaker 3: It's not my body, it's my mind.
Speaker 1: Correct And I found myself from the first twelve hour workout at about hour nine, I realized my neurological system is.
Speaker 4: Wigged.
Speaker 1: I fell asleep swimming and I thank god I was at a four foot deep pool so I didn't drowned. So what I want to close off with on this with you've been so kind with your time. I want you, if you would be so kind, is to help me visualize a moment that's coming for me and help me. Given the success you've had as a competitive athlete, I want you to help me visualize something in just a second and we'll close off with you because I want everybody to hear you prep us for the moment. The moment could be asking this person to marry you. The moment could be quitting a job. The moment could be asking for a job. The moment could be having a very tough conversation with your kid. There are going to be these moments.
Speaker 3: So this as a preface, I want to ask you to.
Speaker 1: Do that.
Speaker 3: I'm having this morning. This would be.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, let's see twelfth twenty four. This is my Alex is laughing by producer Alex. This is my thirtieth ounce, now thirty second ounce of bone Frog coffee this morning.
Speaker 3: This happens to be what do we have downstairs? Goltlocker?
Speaker 1: Oh so the goltlocker is a great, great story from bone Frog Coffee. The goltlocker is a place where enlisted officers in the Navy can go and the big wigs they can't even come in without knocking. It's a great, great, great tradition. And this is a light roast, French roast, light but incredibly rich. It took three years to develop this. That's at Bonefrog Coffee dot com. Slash tad get tempercent off all the products there, everything comes labeled God Country Team.
Speaker 3: Now in this hand is a pretend? Is it sniffer?
Speaker 1: What do you all wine people drink? What's the fancy wine things called like wine glass?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a fancy wine glass in this hand, a fake one because I don't drink wine.
Speaker 3: But if it did drink wine, it would have bone.
Speaker 1: Frog cellars and I would go and I'd swish it around, and that's called legs.
Speaker 3: Does it have legs?
Speaker 1: I learned this from my friends who are wine snobs, wine wine experts. It has legs, and then I would test the bouquete like up my beak. You can do that with coffee too. You could also do that with root beer. You can do that with a blowy sandwich. I don't know why people do it with wine, but they do it.
Speaker 3: That's what you do.
Speaker 1: Then you take a little bit of it and you drink it. You put it in your mouth, but then you open your mouth and your nose and you breathe fuck through as you're testing the wine. I think you do that a little bit more aerodype form, a little bit more genteel.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: I don't drink wine, but I turn to my friends who are wine experts, and they tried bone Frog cellars and were deeply impressed. They had the twenty fifteen Mayor Low and those are the two. I don't know if to say flavors or blends. I don't know types of wine. My daughter tried it. She is not yet legally supposed to drink, but hey, it's our house. Assue me, but I guess you could. She loved it, Suitor her boyfriend, my wife occasion has wine with dinner. She really enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: So try it.
Speaker 1: You go to Bonefrogsellers dot com slash todd. Ten percent of proceeds go to the Navy Seal Foundation because the founder, Tim Krukshank, look at that retired Navy sealed Bonefrogsellers dot com slash todd, so Wade Lightheart by Optimizers and a friend of the show. Let me set this stage and this should apply to everybody. It could be you walking in to talk to the boss about a race. It could be you sending the family down to say we're moving. It could be going to a loved one and saying, hey, I did read the medical reports you are dying. I mean, these things happen it could be a conversation with someone you've known, and hey, you know what, I've ever thought about being more than friends, and it could be all these things. Here's my situation. I want to have your help. I will be in I think it's called Tahano, California. There's no doubt I'm not gonna get to be sleep before this event. I'm not going to kid myself. You said, don't live in delusion. I'm going to be nervous the whole stinking night.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it.
Speaker 1: At four am, I'm gonna take my mushroom breakthrough. I'm gonna have my caffeine, I'm gonna have my supplements. I'm going to get onto a campus with most guys twenty two to twenty four years of age in the Navy intending to be Navy seals. At six am, they're gonna put us into a courtyard and this session is going to begin. You know what freaks me out the most walking into the parking lot, literally parking the rental car or taking an uber because I'm not allowed to drive away out to be an uber walking into the parking lot, and you know what really freaks him out, Wade is all these young guys looking and going, oh, look at the old dude, Look at the guy who thinks he's going to get this done. And then it's that moment where Mark Divine, the head coach, starts us out and I know that the first eight hours are about getting.
Speaker 3: The people who are easy drops to drop.
Speaker 1: I know it, I get it, and yet still in my gut and I'm trying to transfer it into excitement. Waight, I'm trying to do that thing that neural linguistic programming to make it excitement.
Speaker 3: Help me with this.
Speaker 1: You have had to walk on stages and pose against the world's greatest all natural bodybuilders. Just talk me through that moment. Prep me for this.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I think the first step to go into in any event that you haven't done before is number one to do the preparation beforehand so you're well prepared. In other words, you've done the training, you've probably got some sort of expert to kind of bring you up to speed. So don't think that you should go like I think the dumbest thing that you could do is to go in blind and say, yeah, let's just wagness and go for it. Because what happens is when you get exposed. You can't lean back on all of those experiential trains, the days, the hours in the gym, the sessions with your coach, the preparation that you've done, whether that's training or lifting or you know, So every time I went into a competition and you know, you're standing on stage in front of the most critical of it at all, you know, crowd you could possibly have with bright lights that are designed to show every single flag by your body. It's the sport of bodybuilding. It's the crazy story. And there's no money in it either. It's not like if I, you know, you're an okay baseball player, you're a millionaire, you're an okay, you're a great bodybuilder, you're still broke. So it's but subjecting that I can go back to my very first time where I hadn't had that experience, and I remember that feeling coming up, that anxiety as you be walking into the parking lot that they'll you know, it's just like standing backstage and seeing these other bodybuilders and I'm going out on stage to lights from my first posing and the crowd and my friends are going to be there, and I could get and I remember that feeling came up, and the key is don't fight it, huh.
Speaker 4: Allow allow it.
Speaker 5: To come up, allow it to rise up within it, don't suppress it, don't try to fight it, don't say think, don't even think that it shouldn't be there. This is a heightened sense of awareness. This is your preparation and the opportunity to step forth.
Speaker 4: And if we go back.
Speaker 5: In time, we have ten thousand generations within our DNA that had to step into uncertainty, to death, to starvation, to mayhem, to travels to unknown parts of the world without compasses, GPS's internet, to get on a boat. We're the product of all it. So you can leverage the thousands of generations before you that is in your DNA. And said, I honor the ancestors of the past, and I honor the ancestors to in the future, and I will step forth to pass this genetic lineage on into the future and to honor that from the past, and walk into the fear, walk into it and surrender into it, because that is what the Lord's prayer says. Yay, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because thy rod and thy staff comfort me. It is the suffering that comforts me, because if I'm in pain, if I am suffering, and if i am nervous, i am I'm still here. I'm still here. Embrace it, walk through it. Don't think that you shouldn't feel that. Everybody feels it. But eventually what separates the people who thrive in those environments is they recognize that those feelings in those senses are normal. And I can recall a particular interview I think where Jocko Willing captured this and he talked about they'd be going on a mission and they have the new guy with them, and just to give you an explanation on an on a Navy seal mission, there's a voute, a thousand personal checks that you have to do, everything from tying like taping your boot laces, making sure you're like as a professional, that all those guys are counting, because one screw up and people are dead.
Speaker 4: I thought that this is the.
Speaker 5: Highest level of consequence to a tiny thing being at a place. Then there's about one thousand things that are mission specific that they have to check, and they're going into you know, where they could lose their lives in that moment or the lives of their friends. And what he said was, you see the new guy and he's nervous and everything, and the guys and the guys like you know, they're trying to suppress the nervousness around the guys.
Speaker 4: And he says to him, he says, like, hey, it's normal to feel nervous. Eventually, you just get used to it and know that it's part of the deal. Love it, love it.
Speaker 5: And eventually, what I've come to learn in my own experience by exposing myself to those situations over and over and over and over again, I don't even call it fear. I call it a heightened sense of awareness in that adrenaline in that that anxiety is me, is it? That's my body preparing to be at its absolute best to rise.
Speaker 4: Up to the challenge.
Speaker 5: And I've failed many times, but I never failed in a way that I cowered out. I did my best in that moment, and I gave my best. And sometimes it's not enough. But that's okay because I found my limit today, love it, and from that I can build from it.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, so beautiful, Thank you for that. I will contain that I will welcome the fear. I will feel my body being.
Speaker 3: Hyper aware, hyper aware.
Speaker 1: And in the moment, and I love that. I love that you use the psalms remind us about you know they do. I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I'm unlikely to die seal fit and it might happen, but I'm unlikely. That's bad business, usually to kill customers something like that. Yea, brother, Thank you so much for sharing your hearts, your view on current events. Not a lot of bosses will do that. Thank you for showing accountability and continue to speak into lives, particularly young men. We are called to do that as men of a certain age. And once again I extend the imitation for you to get up here. We would love, love, love to have you in Idaho. Thank you for the meg breakthrough dot com slash toddfree site, for building that for us and for this podcast family, and just want to wish you to go with God's good grace.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Wade, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: This is the Todd Herman Show.
Speaker 1: Please go, be well, be strong, be kind, and please make every effort to walk in the light of Christ.