Speaker 1: Ah. Lots of people hate what Oh you got to sit news radio eight port I'm not talking? Are you going to talk? And then lead us into it.
Speaker 2: There now's the queue. The second boom boom boom, like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm doing to show eight years? Eight?
Speaker 2: How many years does it take to know when you come in?
Speaker 1: Nine? Nine is the number?
Speaker 2: Do your stupid band joke when somebody doesn't know when to come in? Do it because you know you want to?
Speaker 1: Hi, hey, Rick, I'm here. How do you know when the lead singer of a band's at your door?
Speaker 3: I don't know. How do I know when a lead singer of a band's at my door?
Speaker 1: Because he can never find the key, and when he does, he still doesn't know when to come in.
Speaker 2: I knew it or.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Lots of people take ubers, including me. It's a lot easier than paying forty dollars worth of parking when there's a concert at the Young Center.
Speaker 2: It's easy to pick when I'm movie's been made because someone's getting out of a taxi.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, if.
Speaker 2: Somebody gets out of a taxi, you're like, oh, this has made more than ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yet taxi still exists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I was watching Jill Storm. I wonder if and the guy everybody kept getting out of taxis and I was like, this is before uber.
Speaker 1: I wonder if you still take a taxi in twenty twenty five, would you? Because you can use the rotary phone to call them? Oh that's true, or maybe or the high tech taxi riders. Yeah, yeah, they faxed the facts it says it's true. Okay, it's saying I too long of a joke. All right, If you're take an uber, a lot of times things are left behind in ubers. I always grabbed my phone. I'm scared to death. I'm going to leave it in an uber. But here's a list from New York City, the most forgetful city, because that's it's probably because per capita there's more people. But New York City has more things left behind in ubers. Tourists. It's just tours that's a good thing. So what what are some of the things that have been left behind and found in ubers in New York City? I happen to have a list.
Speaker 2: Oh you have a list? Do we have wait a minute, do we have music for list?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 2: List? What New York City give me a New York City Frank Sinati.
Speaker 1: Maybe no, no, no, no, Joe New York state of mind. That's good.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Because my wife and I like to make sweet sweet love to that song.
Speaker 2: She doesn't, Well, you're enjoying yourself. She does our taxes. But yeah, while you're doing it. While you're doing that, she's doing the taxes whatever. By the way, which is tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You know that's called it's multitasking.
Speaker 2: But sneaking deep.
Speaker 1: Oh wha, wha, wha, wha whoa tax days tomorrow. That means tonight I get lucky. So what are some of the things that are left behind in ubers? Here is number one? A mannequin head with actual human hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, I didn't know if you were going with laptops wallets. No, you're going for mannequin head with actual human hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is uh weird stuff. Wow, weird stuff.
Speaker 2: People are freaky. That's why some people are afraid to go to the big city, New York City.
Speaker 1: I can't. I don't know if I could do that joke.
Speaker 2: Uh, most of the people I know, my wife like a little okay, don't no, I know where you're going and you're not going to do it because you've matured.
Speaker 1: Would have been a good joke, though it would have been eight years ago back of a taxi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I will. Most people say, and including my wife, She's like, I hope you never go to New York. I'm like, why, You're like, because we'll never get you out of there. You'll love it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think they never leave Tony. I'm like, what, I don't think so?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: They Basically she's saying, you're kind of an a hole. You will fit in.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm walking here. Hey go back to jay Z you bum all right? Uh a Magica with human hair. Fresh breast milk, Now, I want to try fresh breast milk.
Speaker 2: That is some of the most expensive juice on the market. Juice it is, it is, It's boom boom juice.
Speaker 1: Pregnant people can like sell it somehow they do, don't really, Yes, they freeze it and then they sell it. Have you tried it?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, it's very sweet? Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Two kids?
Speaker 1: Man? From the tap? Do you not try it from the tap? Or like the thing?
Speaker 2: Jackie was a trooper because most women give up because those teeth. Oh god, it's chewing on their nipples. Yeah yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you that's so. That's a fetish that Susan has chewing on nipples. So every time we make sweet sweet Love, it's I gotta numb them first.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got to chase the thing here. So they do this, they do this stupid dad thing where they cut a hole in the shirt and they put and they put the bottle through the shirt if the dad is bestfeeding the kid. And I'm like, do you know how much stuff?
Speaker 1: Do you understand.
Speaker 2: How stupid that is? Let the mom feed the child, all right, go do what dudes do. And then secondly, do you know how insanely important crazy stuff they could happen to my kids when they were kids, and you remind them of it happening, and they go.
Speaker 1: That happened, that happened.
Speaker 2: I don't remember any of that. What Like, Nick Coffey's got his kid in a four year old basketball league. I'm like, do you think he's not to remember of the four year old? He's keeping stats. He's like, got twelve rebels to twenty eight points.
Speaker 1: Remember that, son? No, no, I remember the Rece's peanut butter cake. We had to celebrate. That was good.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 2: Nick, he's posting his numbers?
Speaker 1: Is the breastfiting man? Boob god? Nick? Is that who? No?
Speaker 2: No, he's been bullet County. He wouldn't do that. Bullet County guys art fake nipple feed baby guy?
Speaker 1: Hey, just a bottom with my baby. I'm gonna give my man boob to feed him.
Speaker 2: It's I'm sorry, I don't know who's that for. It's stupid. Women feed women have boobs, they feed the baby. Let that happen.
Speaker 4: Don't cut a hole in your shirt and put a nipple through it. You sound look stupid. You sound like a Neanderthal when you say stuff like that. Man, you sound you're showing your ignorance, is what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: These are things found lost in ubers. A ghost trap from Ghostbusters. Yo, kind of cool. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, ye open it up. I would that should be a grift and have it smoking a little bit, have a little little smoke, right, Yeah, that's when you open the door, look in the back and go yeah, I get the next one.
Speaker 1: I don't know who left this in the back of an uber, but it's a person after my own heart, because I could see myself, the old white stealing one of these. And I can't believe that. I never have found in the back of an uber a urinal. But inn't that big enough. When they got out, they go, ay, you forgot your urinal?
Speaker 2: You mean what do you mean a urinal?
Speaker 1: A white urinal that you we we in that's for kids. No, from a bathroom somehow what somehow they stole a urinal and they left it in the back of.
Speaker 2: A Oh oh, I'm sorry urinal. I'm thinking of something else. Yeah, urinal that No, I know, I'll get the next one.
Speaker 1: But big enough where the guy would notice, I would think. So, Nay, miss Abernethy, you forgot your urinal. No, no, it was left there on purpose. It wasn't by accident. It was left It was like I can just drop it in the if I take time to steal a urinal, it's going above the fireplace.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody might have given it to him as a gift.
Speaker 1: A live pet turtle was found. That's nothing.
Speaker 2: Big turtles live forever. A matter of fact, Sylvester Stallone still has cuff and link.
Speaker 1: I will say that it's pretty cruel. Leaving a turtle in an uber is shellfish. See what I did.
Speaker 2: The Ricka said shell matter of fact, turtles, Turtles will be one. Turtles will be one of the animals that they say, say from the FDA animal testing that they're gonna get rid of.
Speaker 1: Right because they poke their fingers and they were in and get the head come out, and then they put makeup on their turtle faces. That's what big makeup does, and that's what's at riskier.
Speaker 2: Those are the things that drive people that hate Trump, like he did get rid of animal testing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but a set of Shrek ears fifteen hookahs Shrek ears, Yeah, I got excited. I thought I thought it was hookers, but it's hookahs. Never mind ucas, fifteen hookahs hookahs. Yeah, it sounds like somebody, Hey, so I ran into these fifteen hookahs. No, it's hookah smoking smoke thing. Yeah, yeh yeah yeahdie in smoking pipes or something. Yeah, but also sounds like your generation or your family. Hey, these hookahs. You know what I mean? It does sound like that, it does, righte it thanksgiving A bouquet of one hundred roses or.
Speaker 2: A bouquet a bouquet I don't know what a bouquet is.
Speaker 1: A bouquet is where you take a bunch of flowers, Yeah, and you strap them together with flower string, right, and you walk up your wife and you say, I love you. Here's a bouquet.
Speaker 2: There you go, bouquet.
Speaker 1: You got it right? What I say first time? You said bouquet tomato? Potato?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Both pronunciations are in fact correct. But let me fact check that.
Speaker 2: Bow Goode.
Speaker 1: O Zapi has been found. Ten live lobsters were found in the maneuver.
Speaker 2: I love lobster. I did my take them nail I eight lobster.
Speaker 1: One time, and my dad runed it for me because he said, hey, tell you what, let's get staken lobster. It was a sizzler okay on New Cut Road, and it's a little fat takes the lobster. He said, no, no, no, no, no, no like that. Dip it in the butter butter. Little fat Dwhite dipped it into the butter.
Speaker 2: First of all, he started to cry with happiness.
Speaker 1: I did. It was the most delicious.
Speaker 2: Bucket of butter.
Speaker 1: Dad, Oh my gosh, it was so delicious.
Speaker 2: Little Fat Dwhite.
Speaker 1: My dad's sitting but my Dad's sitting looking at his little fat disappointment of a son, enjoy the greatest thing he's ever tasted. He goes, you know how they prepare that little fat white and no, Daddy, how do you prepare it? He said, you gotta boil him alive?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, last time I rate lobster.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: I couldn't bring myself to do it again.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite part. When Jack and I first got together, Rick first got together.
Speaker 1: Don't tell the story man, there is.
Speaker 2: We had a back door in old fashioned kitchen and I would leave it. I leave the back door open, and I put the lobster on the floor, and the lobster would crawl towards the door, such a jerk man. The water would be boiling at this point. I would wait for the lopster to get to the door, and all he's got to do is just fall. Because he lived on the second floor, you just follow the ground. He could escape through the woods, and at the last second I would scoop him up. I would literally do this voice, and I'd throw him into the hot water and slam the lid on top.
Speaker 1: They're such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Yeah, who does this rick.
Speaker 3: Because it reminds me of the old Remember Larry the lobster bit with any Murphy on the Saturday. I don't remember what was remember that one he was standing there with the lobster in his hand. He goes, uh, you know you really want me to throw this in this this boiling pot of water, and you know it just went on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I would hear him screaming, But it's not screaming, it's just air escaping through this.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're getting boiled to death alive, but they taste better. Why can't you just give the lobsters like some ambient and they overdose and go to sleep, and then you put them in the water. Why you gotta boil them alive?
Speaker 2: Unlus I want to put him on the floor to think they have a chance to escape.
Speaker 1: I swear you're probably you're probably a serial killer, just waiting to be riding.
Speaker 2: It comes to opters.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: These are things that were found in ubers that passengers left behind. A Viking drinking horn. I'm not letting that's going in my bag. Me too, He's going in my bag.
Speaker 2: I've did Viking drinking horn, done.
Speaker 1: A taxi dermyed rabbit.
Speaker 3: No, a stuffed rabbit.
Speaker 2: Ye, stuff rabbit.
Speaker 1: Uh, divorce papers oooh this is something that next was something to my wife forget a five gallon bucket of beans. She always goes to Sam's and she'll come home and it's like, here's three hundred and twenty gallons of macaroni. That was but it was on sale.
Speaker 2: That's why we stopped shopping in some of those places. Right, It's like, I don't need forty eight rolls of toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Well, now about we do I need one pen because of her?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, you and your sister in law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Kathy Tyler Young comes over. Yeah. I mean we don't need it. We need to go.
Speaker 2: But if I wanted to buy a fountain pen, I have to buy one hundred and twenty fountain exactly. No, I want just the can I have the navel spray. Well, they come in packs of.
Speaker 1: Eight what one hundred and seventy five slider hamburgers, one hundred and eight eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, the stories are already started on how to save money on Easter. Oh with the eggs A good substitution's marshmallows.
Speaker 3: I heard you can dye potatoes. They had that one as a substitute.
Speaker 2: You could just buy the.
Speaker 1: Plastic ones, right, just buy the plastic ones, but by the plastic ones hers, or you know what, even better, Hey, you know what happens when you buy the plastic ones.
Speaker 2: You can use them next year? Huh.
Speaker 1: Or if you got a dog, huh, let the dog do harden up and just paint it and then say, you know why you get ten cents for every Easter, Dude, do you bring me make them like a pretty pastel. Now the kids are cleaning up your ard. Let's win for you, and are getting ten cents of dodo a win for them? You know what that's called a win win?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know too many people that actually boil the eggs and then paint the actual eggs anymore. He's in nineteen sixty five. Yeah, well it's not nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 1: And also, after we did the egg hunt, we would push a hoop down a dirt road with a stick. That's what we did for entertainment.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more disappointing than little Fat Dwight finding out that the chocolate bunny is hollow, oh godstead of solid.
Speaker 1: That very first time I bit that year like crumpled apart. LIOK, if you just started crying, well, I thought somebody ripped off my caramel inside. You know, all right, one last one we'll get out of here. Twenty four cans of corn, or for our Native American listeners, many four cans of may Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Sam's Furniture, Baby, s I am as one am. That's right. It's tax refund time. Is the season? Tis the season to go ahead and give your whole home brand new furnishings. You can do that with Sims Furniture on Dixie Highway in Preston Highway. I'm talking about beautiful, beautiful bedroom sets. I saw a beautiful bedroom set that I think I'm gonna get for Susan and myself. It was seven pieces, only nine hundred and ninety nine dollars. But was a queen. I said, hey, TC, how much for the king? Just one hundred bucks? More living room suits, dining room suits, kitchen sets. You're gonna love this high quality furniture, but you're gonna love the price even more. Sims Furniture two locations, Dixie and Preston.
Speaker 2: High Windownation windownation dot com. Buy four windows, get four free, and right now. They are made in the USC. Yeah, they're mean in the USA. That's not Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa stop stop you're telling me that that beautiful angelic voice I just heard is not Bruce Bartholoimels Springsteen.
Speaker 2: Correct, it's mine. Wow, blown away Windownation. Man, they will look if you don't think it's in the budget for this year, it is because it's two years. No payments, no interest, that's right, no payments, no interest, nothing down and you get the windows. You benefit from new windows in your home for two years. So go to windownation dot com. Back after this on news radio eight forty, whas.
Speaker 1: Hall and Oates land either yeah, that's about New York City.
Speaker 2: Oh really Yeah? Which one's the blonde?
Speaker 1: That was Daryl Hall?
Speaker 2: Oh? Which is the dark hair guy with the most.
Speaker 1: This one looks like Bobby Bobby Booie from Stern, All right, looks just like it.
Speaker 2: Look up?
Speaker 1: How old Bill Belichick is Bill Belichick? Seventy two? Why would you date a woman that you I'm gonna guess seventy two. I'll say that's a.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Seventy two years old. Good bang the Dinghy.
Speaker 2: His girlfriend's twenty four. She's competing for Miss Maine USA. Yeah but seriously though, Okay, okay, but time out there are a lot of people age. I'll talk to guys there's age and they're like, good for him, but good for him. I'm like, I wouldn't want anything nothing to do to that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So she's twenty what is she twenty four? Okay, she's twenty four. You could probably have maybe ten years of pop culture common ground with her because oh who cares? I mean, I mean, come on, that's no but your great grandfather. But what I'm talking about is that's not even best case scenario. You got nothing to talk about, okay. And if you're ever self conscious about your body, let me even when you hit your fifties, things start to droop pretty low. Hey, Dwight, Yeah you would.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ruin anything in your head here. But she's not there for his body. She's there for a check account. I know, I understand that, and to increase her Instagram account. No, she might be there because it's true, okay, but for example, yesterday, late afternoon we finally got some time together. Susan and I did all week and long no time together. You know what we did? No? I sat on my couch with my heating pad and she sat in her chair with her heating pad.
Speaker 2: Wow, where was the blanket? And was she knitting?
Speaker 1: She had a blanket on and there was no knitting we were.
Speaker 2: Were you sleeping with your glasses around the end of your nose and a pipe slowly burning in?
Speaker 1: I did smoke a pipe, but that wasn't until about nine the portrait of I didn't smoke a pipe, but that wasn't.
Speaker 2: Portraits on the back of George Washington portrait in the background, and what is cheese?
Speaker 1: I had my heating pad and then we broughably.
Speaker 2: Then she hit her heating pad, and.
Speaker 1: Then then she she brings up the fact of hey, you want to have relations?
Speaker 2: I went, you know what, we could so sexy? We could do you want to have relations? Or we turned on right now?
Speaker 1: Or we can continue to lay on our heating pad and watch yet another episode.
Speaker 2: Guess what we did laid on the heating pad and watching that episode right? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, So what you doing with somebody fifty years younger than you?
Speaker 2: It's crazy. So she he's also taken another job. Why can't people just go to retirement. I don't understand. Now, three hundred million, now he's well, you have no idea. I don't think it's that much.
Speaker 1: No, it's not about one hundred it's seventy million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventy million. You can't spend it. No, two lifetimes, all right. So now he's headed to coach the University of North Carolina. What college foot bull? Twenty four year old girlfriend?
Speaker 1: What happened? What happened was.
Speaker 2: He was labeled the greatest football coach of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well except for the whole cheating part with a several cheating issues rosenses. I mean, and then his quarterback left and won another title. But you really kind of didn't do anything when the quarterback left. Someone's feeling someone's feeling insecure. I'm insecure, is he not? No, he is.
Speaker 2: He's feeling insecure. So now he's got to go get himself a twenty four year old girlfriend and a college job. What do you talk about gold fishing with Nick Saban?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Your careers are over?
Speaker 1: I dated a girl fifteen years younger than me. He knew her yeah, and while the sex was terrific, oh boy, after that, there was nothing. I mean, you couldn't talk about anything. I would make one Captain Studie.
Speaker 2: If you make if you tell that story one more time, I'll punch you in the face if you say, Captain Stuby and this fifty, if you tell that story one more time in the eight years we've been doing this damn show again, I'm going to punch you in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, when you're right, you're right. I would make one Colonel Potter statement, Why that's not who do we have? Rick?
Speaker 3: No, let's see here, hang on all right, how about the fireplace?
Speaker 2: Oh we were there Friday. It was a good time.
Speaker 1: Thank you everybody that came out to the fireplace.
Speaker 2: Ors we didn't get any of the food.
Speaker 1: We didn't get none of them because you people are pigs and you ain't stop. Man, you can't call them pigs.
Speaker 2: I mean you people that showed up or pigs.
Speaker 1: No stop, don't stop doing that. Man. We would like to thank all the people with generous appetites for showing up to the fireplace.
Speaker 2: And that your pigs.
Speaker 1: Still we have no ever call you all of our friends that listened to this with generous appetites. Thank you for showing up to the fireplace. When's the last time you've been to the grill Master's Supply and the fire please located the same shopping centers Roosters ten four zero eight. You're gonna love Grill Masters Supply. It's where I get all my rubs and on my wood. See what I said there, Tony, Yeah, I get on my rubs, yeah, and on my wood at the fireplace.
Speaker 2: Thank you for continuing to do the same joke and.
Speaker 1: Grill Masters Supply. Seriously, listen, folks, it's the end all b all when it comes to outdoor cooking. Maybe you want an outdoor kitchen. They got you covered on that as well. Go by there and tell them, hey, I want an outdoor kitchen. They'll get the specs from you. They'll actually build out a blueprint for you to show you what you can have right there in your own backyard. I have the pits and spits Maverick smoker, That's what I love. When's the last time cooked outdoors? Grilling? Smoking, you name it, they have it, and they have all of the rubs you need, all the woods that you need. Grill Masters supply truly is the one stop shop for all things.
Speaker 2: Cooking well does make me. Troy Roeboker.
Speaker 1: Well by the facto news radio for jazz, John camp Cougar Melon in his big head. As much as you can never let anything go yeah and just enjoy people's music after they piss you off, can't do it. Pink Houses maybe one of the best songs ever. I don't see color. I just call them houses.
Speaker 2: Right, But still, I gotta admit it's a great song. It's a great song. Just because you don't get along with him, you can sit back and enjoy it. I'm just so glad you and Bruce Springsteen's politics lineup so well.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was going to say. Uh, I make an exception already, and that's for Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Milford House Springsteen.
Speaker 2: You have to know your friends. That when why it was a fat, lonely, stinky salesperson. Yes that if I heard Nebraska, oh yeah, from Bruce Springsteen coming from the underneath his desk, bad day at the old building. Oh, I knew to walk the long way around to such.
Speaker 1: A dark record. Nebraska hit me perfectly. A lot of things happened today in history. Let's run down a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Do we have our theme music?
Speaker 1: I didn't call for it.
Speaker 2: You know what, you had one thing to do in the break.
Speaker 1: It's Monday.
Speaker 2: You had one thing to do in the break.
Speaker 1: And you know how my weekend went. Not a good weekend.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: And you know what Rick did? Rick went to the bathroom and a man his age to pee It takes forty seven minutes.
Speaker 1: He's still peace quicker than me.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I mean a Gainness World Book of Records for that too.
Speaker 2: By the way, Uh, the theme to this is don't know much about his stew ree.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's like some kind of a don't.
Speaker 2: Like this? Which one is the.
Speaker 1: Maybe it could be that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Bygy.
Speaker 1: Don't ask me about stage because I'm horrible at geometry. To see what I did there?
Speaker 2: Rick, he's got them all in today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw it.
Speaker 2: I can't even see. I mean, Rick's not even which ones have you missed?
Speaker 1: So did the numb joke?
Speaker 2: Look at my face?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so sad.
Speaker 2: It's a disappointment. He looks so sad, disappointed in you.
Speaker 1: It was today, April fourteenth, eighteen sixty five, John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln at Forest Theater in Washington, d C. Gotta do it talk about bad punch lines. Other than that, missus Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? Sorry, I can't help it.
Speaker 2: There's so much so And here's the thing, you know, it's like getting It's like a kicker getting injured. After if we're celebrating a kick he jumps to the stage and twists his ankle, not twists his ankle, shatters his ankle. Yeah, and then what is the name of the doctor that helped him?
Speaker 1: Uh? Hang on? You know that mud? Mud? Here's mudd in your eyes.
Speaker 2: Here's mud your eye because you go buddy, because Mud. No, No, your name is Mud.
Speaker 1: He took advantage of his eye socket.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 1: That's how west work came. Here's mud in your eyes.
Speaker 2: It's not true.
Speaker 1: It was today, heypril fourteenth, eighteen sixty five, John Wilkes, Wait in eighteen sixty two, right, age sixty five?
Speaker 2: Oh sixty five? You sure well unless this is wrong, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: He died the following day. According to the legend, Lincoln was holding.
Speaker 2: His suffered did he suffered man in pain before he didn't die instantly use a gun that I mean seriously, because it wasn't a large gun. The poor guy Lincoln suffered. You know.
Speaker 1: His last words were, what you're standing on my hoose?
Speaker 2: You didn't have hose?
Speaker 3: Yeah they did.
Speaker 1: It's a presidential hose. Court Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton, here, you're staying on my hose. Get it.
Speaker 2: The older Clinton gets, the more foghorn leghorn. I get out of here. I say, I'll say, I'll say, you must vote for voters riots, I see.
Speaker 1: According to uh. According to legend, Lincoln was holding his wife's hand at the time the shooting. All that sweet and and she had just asked Abraham Lincoln if this public display of affection was appropriate where it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was not a you kid, if you showed your ankles, you were a to w h O.
Speaker 1: Or well you're holding hands like it's some kind of a brothel public.
Speaker 2: You couldn't show ankles. You've seen the swimsuits back.
Speaker 1: Then, oh, all the way down and then there's something else starts. Anyway. The wife had just asked if this public display of affection was appropriate to where Lincoln said, they won't think anything about it. Those were his last words. By the way, John Wilkes Booth looked this up. So how big of an actor was John Wilkes Booth at the time. He would have been about the same Hollywood type celebrity as Leonardo Dicaprice. That's what it says, I chased the squirrel when SERI look it up? Google it really so, I guess Hollywood actors have always been crazy. It was.
Speaker 2: It was today? Yeah, it was today.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ten, President Taft began the tradition of throwing out the first pitch.
Speaker 2: What's famous for Taffy Fat?
Speaker 1: Right from Taffy?
Speaker 2: He's a fat, That's what he's famous.
Speaker 1: Fat.
Speaker 2: How do you think people know Taft? Because he was big?
Speaker 1: Who's the guy that got shot? And he went in and delivered the speech A Roosevelt? Was he fat?
Speaker 2: Teddy Teddy got shot? Was Teddy fat shot through the lung?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Teddy got shot through the lung? Finished the speech. Then he was like, I guess probably guess you'd get this looked at.
Speaker 1: Pretty tough, right you think it was? The day in nineteen twelve, the world's largest passenger ship, the Titanic, struck an ice bird during its maiden voyage, or did it because it had been publicized as an unsinkable ship that caused many passengers to refuse to get into lifeboats boats rescue ship packed packed up? Yeah, packed up. Rescue ships picked up seven hundred and six survivors, while one thy five hundred and seventeen went down with the ship. The ship was located again in in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 2: Some of the owners of the largest companies in the world were on that ship and refused, even though there was an open seat to get in it, under the embarrassment of not being taking a seat of a woman or a child.
Speaker 1: I would a boy.
Speaker 2: The CEOs and owners of businesses have changed over the last well one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Now. They get pissed off from their identity.
Speaker 2: It's exactly just the firm, my identity them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, where's the where's the ziz a life bolts? I'm not going in with male and female. That's only that's only the options.
Speaker 2: You have, sir. You're going to freeze to this slowly in the Atlantic waters and maybe be eaten by a shark, but you'll be dead by then. I will not take the seat of a child or a woman.
Speaker 1: It was today. In nineteen thirty three, the first modern signing of the lock and this monster was recorded It's so Stupid by Aldie and John McKay. They first saw something that resembled a whale. It's a stick, like that famous picture of the guy stick. Yes, the most famous picture of NeSSI. That was a was a piece of wood carved by some guy. Please refrain from saying NeSSI unless you're in the luckness of society.
Speaker 2: We're not going to assume Nessi's gender, which is crazy. So he carved it just about fifty five six inches long, and he just put it in the water, floated out thirty yards. He took the picture. People examined this picture, scientist, the government. He finally said, yeah, here it is, showed them people is yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: It was today, April fourteenth, and I just now came out with this joke.
Speaker 2: It was today.
Speaker 1: In nineteen fifty six, the Ampex Corporation demonstrated the first commercial videotape recorder. Oh boy. The prize yes, fifty thousand dollars in nineteen fifty six dollars, no doubt, and the clock still flashes twelve twelve twelve.
Speaker 2: Rick will remember this because he's old.
Speaker 1: Fifty thousand, ninety.
Speaker 2: The first VCRs had paneling, that's how big they were. Yes, I remember that they had paneling. They were huge and it would just go chunk.
Speaker 3: I think the first ones were beta.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: See Alma alpha. Dwight's the beta. Bame man, I'm not bam.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's chase the squirrel. Rick fifty thousand dollars in nineteen fifty six. What is it equivalent to, Rick? First?
Speaker 3: What is it equivalent to nowadays?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for fifty thousand dollars in nineteen fifty six, the very first VCR.
Speaker 2: One hundred and two thousand.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, one hundred thousand, go your way off?
Speaker 1: Really five hundred and eighty seven thousand, eight hundred and sixty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, you could buy a house for twenty cents. I know how much was my first house? We paid twenty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: How many TV shows were around on nineteen fifty six?
Speaker 2: How much is insurance we talk about?
Speaker 1: Was that? Rick?
Speaker 3: I said they were all in black and white back then?
Speaker 1: Well it was today. Twenty twelve April fourteenth, the Beastie Boys were inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Adam Yak, also known as m c A, was too ill to attend oh Ill license to ill. He passed away following uh in weeks later, following in a valiant fight with cancer.
Speaker 2: Of the so one of the Threes, Savary, Glens and Limnal he changed the world. Three Jewish kids from Long Island become the biggest rap band in the world for a while, and then the greatest Eminem.
Speaker 1: I remember Manam is not the greatest, the top twenties kids kids him going when I when I didn't want to, just were just sad because it's good, good rap music. Oh, we get it. Your mom was mean to you every once in a while. Let it go.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Today April fourteenth, twenty fifteen, archaeologists announced they had found in Kenya tools that were three point three million years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know, we've been around. I do ask me how long have humans been around?
Speaker 1: Forty seven million, three hundred and twenty five thousand years.
Speaker 2: That's amazing, you know that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just you know, and that's it.
Speaker 2: That's this day and his I know, you know a lot about Pello windows too.
Speaker 1: I do know a lot of Pelo windows. I know they're listen, folks, not just made in the USA, made right here in Kentucky. That's right by your family members, your friends, people. You know Pella windows listen loved ones. Check them out for yourself at twelve nine ten factory laying. That's right over at Geene Snyder on Lagrange Road. Did you know that Pello windows and doors They've been making innovative products for over one hundred years. That's right, and you could Pella now and pay later. Why Pella, I don't know. They're rated number one for highest quality, number one for highest craftsmanship, number one for highest value replacement windows, new construction, commercial projects, vinyl fiberglass, woodclad windows, patio doors, and more. You're gonna love your Peller windows, made right here in Kentucky. Like I said, you Getpella now and pay later. Check them out at Pella Louisville dot Com today. Stick around back to wrap it up in a second. News Radio eight forty whas, Yeah, golly, this has me mighty mighty boss tones. That's it? Oh got it? New is Radio eight forty whas Tony Venetti Dwight Whitting and Rick. Rick is good to sitting in you with you, migo, haven't seen you for a while.
Speaker 3: I know it's good to be back.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering where John Auden is. His lovely wife gave birth and he's taken off maternity, I don't know. I guess he's probably doing the fake boob breastfeeding. Don't you think that could be true? I think there's a lot of truth today. Anyway, stick around Clay and Buck, they're gonna be next, and then right after Clay and Buck, of course, Louisville's own Terry Miners. And we will see you manyana on behalf of Tony Venetti in behalf of Rick Dwight Wit and saying have a great day and we'll see you tomorrow. I love your mild News Radio eight forty whas