Speaker 1: Great sum.
Speaker 2: With eping with I show you're gonna ruling it be except for similar to me pursuing it. I hold out shaw shame through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Be your clocking on the doc. Gotta habit for my house or go stat is how we're starting to kick Cratit shows that enough multiply like a rabbit.
Speaker 3: To then so out creak it up. Beat the habit I won.
Speaker 1: I hang out with my friend Rocket on the radio. My boy Skin and Skin talking on the radio. It's time to to this spons again.
Speaker 4: All the we Kat just steaming up its.
Speaker 1: All on our radio.
Speaker 5: Ah, yes, it is a Ben and Skin show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us on a Tuday. I hope you had a nice three day weekend if that was indeed in the cards for you. Now to get this thing going, Ben's on vacation, we'll talk about all that. And really, Kati, you lived with our buddy kavan Off for a while and so he had dogs. But I kind of am steering this more towards Christina at the moment.
Speaker 3: Dog talk. Let's go, So you know that.
Speaker 5: Whole deal where you'll get home and you're kind of ignoring your dog a little bit, and your dog's like, oh, what's going on to your dog? Will maybe go get a ball or a toy and just come set its head like right on your leg, like, hey.
Speaker 3: The cutest.
Speaker 6: First off, I never ignore them because they immediately greep me to the door, so.
Speaker 3: I have to pet them first thing.
Speaker 6: But yes, Simon will always go grab a bone, a toy or something and trot back to me with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, if you're not just so dialed in, like I have two dogs, a big dog, Luca runs in front of me and puts its paws on the counter and arches its back. Yeah, scratch my back right now, like I'm holding crap. Yeah, I haven't even made it in. So the whole idea is that if you're not paying attention to the dog, it'll go and say, hey, well hold on, what about me, And I'll go grab something and just put it in your face so that you're forcing you to pay attention to it. And I was thinking about that driving in because I wondered if I did not drink today, will my kidneys go stick a bottle in my hand and go, hey, man, you're ignoring us today.
Speaker 3: I mean, every.
Speaker 5: Single day you pour all this alcohol in your body and you're not doing it today.
Speaker 7: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Man. What if your.
Speaker 6: Dog Luca actually brought you a bottle of whiskey when you walked in and.
Speaker 5: The dog would finally be useful. Yeah, it's dog getting useful. But I'm I don't feel great today physically, and so I was like, well, maybe I shouldn't.
Speaker 7: Drink for once. You drink too much, thank you, Kevin.
Speaker 3: I mean you drink a lot.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you did yesterday, but BFD chalked how you were drinking as well, Like that's a lot of drinking.
Speaker 7: You know what I did yesterday? Guys, I drink.
Speaker 8: See, drinking didn't even sound good to me yesterday. I thought of it didn't even sound good. After drinking Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 6: It didn't sound good until about eight o'clock and I was like, yeah, you know what, some wine.
Speaker 3: Would be totally fine right now.
Speaker 5: I don't even think wine's drinking. I think that's just right at home. Yeah, yeah, it's like not that bad.
Speaker 7: Oh, my Italian doctors telling me it's great.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, but uh yeah, So I drank and I was I was like, man, I don't even know the last day I didn't drink it.
Speaker 8: It's not new though, You've been saying that for five years. Well no, I know, but I'm I'm you just used to write it off to covid. You claim it on covid.
Speaker 5: I'm focused on not drinking today, and I'm curious what my body's going to do.
Speaker 7: Is it going to revolt?
Speaker 5: The other thing I did is you guys are around me, and so you'll be, you know, ten feet away from me, and you'll be like, man, what's that sound? And my stomach's was like a trash compactor your voice, Oh no, that's horrible. So it's like it sounds like there's a you know, acid being poured in beakers inside my stomach.
Speaker 7: You know, it's all these.
Speaker 3: Crazy kidneys trying to figure out what.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's just it just doesn't sound healthy. And so what I figured out is the main problem I think is not the drinking that I do later in the day. It's starting my day with about five giant cups of coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good.
Speaker 5: And so I was like Okay, well, maybe I could just have one cup of coffee, one big cup of coffee. Today I had one big cup of coffee and then I did not proceed to have three, four, five more. And the main reason is because I slept so late, because I drank so much yesterday, I only had time to drink one cup of coffee before getting three or four. It might have, it might have, But as I again, as I was driving in, I was saying, okay, great, so this could be a healthy day, one cup of coffee and the possibility of not drinking alcohol later.
Speaker 6: Look, and I have some green tea in here too. That's that's healthy and it could help you out if.
Speaker 3: You need it.
Speaker 5: I need some green tea. Yeah, we'll do that during a song break.
Speaker 8: Are you not hungover often for as much as you drink, because that's stopped me over the past five to ten years.
Speaker 7: Really, man, you're a real quitter.
Speaker 3: I know, I really am. Your body gets used to like I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to feel that way anymore, No, you know, you get used to it exactly. Okay, Alcoholics on the show, Yeah, telling us.
Speaker 6: Just have some aspirin like within arm's reach at all times. You're totally fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can just pop adviled. It doesn't do anything. I wonder why my stomach makes noises all the time as I have my eighth advila.
Speaker 8: Of That's what I do anytime I do drink hard is take that and it works.
Speaker 3: It's terrible for you, but it works.
Speaker 5: The other thing that's great is if you guys are feeling it, but you go you want to get more sleep, put a cold rag on your head and just sleep with a cold rag on your head. That just takes perfect care of it. I mean, you just snap right back. It's amazing. So there'll be some night where my wife will look over at me and go, oh, you're gonna sleep with a cold rag on your head tonight, aren't you, honey. It's great that you know me. That's sweet baby. Did you not do any drinking this weekend? No?
Speaker 8: I did every day except yesterday. Okay, what'd you do yesterday?
Speaker 7: Hang out? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because the rain just ruined doing anything outside whatsoever.
Speaker 7: So it's lazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Rollertown Beer Works is a brewery that Ben and I are invested in, and I went out there and drank.
Speaker 8: No, you were sending a boil day telling me you'd buy my uber up there if I came out to roller Town, and and I was like, I don't want to feel like you.
Speaker 5: I don't remember saying that, but it does sound like, no, Dad, I'm going to I told you.
Speaker 3: I said, I don't want to feel like you.
Speaker 1: Do.
Speaker 5: Well, let me say something. We're gonna talk about it later. But man, BFD was a hell of a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It was, And in your defense, it was your birthday. Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: Our program director, Elliott, he bounces back and forth from Dallas and to Houston. He's one of these guys that runs like four different stations. But the times he's been in town here with us, Elliott's a fun dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is. He's great.
Speaker 5: I like Elliott. I like we had, you know, people from all over iHeart there. The whole Woody Show was in Teresa. I mean, it was just an awesome day and the whole group of people, anyone that was there, whether it was promo programming, on air, anybody.
Speaker 7: Man wasn't everybody just great to work with.
Speaker 3: Everyone's in a really good mood.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that was a long day and it went by quick, and I think it's because everyone was such a like in a positive mood.
Speaker 5: I think you're right. I mean because we all had to get there at like two o'clock. KT got there at four thirty, but we all had to get there and and I don't know how late I was there, but anyways, you're right. It did go by fast, and I thought everyone kicked ass that was involved in putting it on.
Speaker 3: The bands were amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and man, go to our social media account and see these videos that been put together, pictures with listeners and stuff.
Speaker 7: Just everyone there incredible.
Speaker 5: We'll probably talk a little more BFD later in the show, but shout out to everyone who kicked so much ass. All right, coming up next in things that I'm tracking, I'm gonna try to convince my younger friends here to do something tonight or tomorrow. We'll see if I'm successful. That's right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. It is me, It is Kati as Christina been on vacation this week, but I saw a lot of listeners and I know Ben did to at BFD on Sunday that we're talking about winning tickets on the Eagle. Like a lot of cool listeners were there at BFD because they won tickets. We love giving stuff away, and we're gonna do it right now. I'm a big Jerry Cantrell fan. I mean, I know a lot of our listeners love Alison Chains. I think Jerry Cantrell's the damn unsung hero of that band. Love his harmony stuff. I love when he sings lead. He's a badass, and he's coming to the House of Blues August twenty second. We're giving away tickets right now. Use the iHeart app. There's a little microphone there. When you click on it, you can leave a text message or a voice message. First person leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and can answer the question what did I say in the first segment that I was going to try and not do tonight something I do every damn day. I just told you all, I'm not gonna do it tonight, and see if I can recover. First person that can tell Christina on the talk back with the name, phone number, email address, you're gonna win those Jerry Cantrell tickets August twenty second at House of Blues.
Speaker 7: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: Skin track.
Speaker 1: Another edition of Things is.
Speaker 7: Tracking all right, thank you, Esteban.
Speaker 5: I have something that I think you guys would love, but I know immediately KT is gonna dump on it. Well, dude, I know you documentary. Okay, you're getting You're already there. Yeah, and I'm gonna tell you which one it is in a second. But before that, we were in a commercial break earlier, Christina was talking about something that you watched.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so I watched.
Speaker 6: I said, hey, guys, I watched a badass magician movie yesterday.
Speaker 3: And you're like, all right, just stop it. Hold it right there.
Speaker 7: It sounded like a prank.
Speaker 3: No, it's incredible, and let me. I just want to.
Speaker 6: List the cast and see if you've actually seen it, and so you can guess it. Okay, Scarlet Johansson, Christian Bale.
Speaker 5: It is The Illusionist, No Club, it's the other one that came out at the same time.
Speaker 7: Jackman, Yeah, the Greatest Showman.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna I remember the movie because it came out at the same time as The Illusionists.
Speaker 3: A fine Dutchman. No what it's The Prestige.
Speaker 6: The Prestige directed by Christopher and it's so awesome, Like I don't think I've ever seen it before I thought i'd seen it, you know, years ago.
Speaker 3: You might have.
Speaker 5: Hold on, let me guess, I bet that movie came out in the year two thousand and two six, Okay, okay, damn, so yeah that's twenty what years?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: So you guys know it's twenty twenty five?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay five first week of college.
Speaker 3: Just real quick. You guys know my boyfriend loves magicians.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he is magic, and so when he first mentioned it, that's kind of what he says, like, you want to watch a magician movie. I just look at him, like, you know what, it's Memorial Day. Sure, we have nothing else to watch?
Speaker 7: Okay, another can you look it up? Katia.
Speaker 5: Another movie came out at the exact same time, called The Illusionist, and it's probably two thousand and five, two thousand and six. I just remember, why are there two magician movies that are in the theater at.
Speaker 3: The same time.
Speaker 7: It came out about two months before.
Speaker 8: Okay and edwardton Orton yes, kabil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean also great cast to say who the director was.
Speaker 7: The director was the legendary Neil berger Man.
Speaker 6: Okay, so there's no way there was a badass twist at the end.
Speaker 3: Or anything like that.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 5: And I was gonna say, since your boyfriend is a magician, see if he's seen The Illusionist, Because again, these movies came out. It's k and I just remember going while they are two magic Man movies, but they're both really good, really really good. All Right, You guys grew up with SpongeBob, right, yes, okay, he loved SpongeBob absolutely. So I was watching a documentary and I realized they didn't mention SpongeBob. But as I'm watching this documentary, I'm like, God, I never realized what an incredible influence Pee Wee Herman had on SpongeBob SquarePants. Okay, like a tremendous influence there is. Do you have HBO KT that's the one you don't have, right, all right? Hey man, quit you on at Christina.
Speaker 7: I have them all.
Speaker 5: I would really love for you guys to watch Pee Wee Herman as himself. It's two part documentary on HBO and they you know, he died of cancer, had a bone cancer, but the filmmakers didn't know he was dying of film cancer of bone cancer. They just knew that he was going to open up and tell them things. And you know, I grew up with pee Wee Herman, not like you know that movie was. I think I was in junior high when pee Wee's Big Adventure came out, probably eighty four or something like that, and loved pee Wee Herman and kind of knew some of the backstory but didn't.
Speaker 7: Really know the backstory. Did you know he was in the Groundlings?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 7: Do you know who he was?
Speaker 5: His number one writing partner was was a guy you love and it was Phil Hartman. Really, he was in the Groundlings with Phil Hartman, and it just talked about he had all these different characters that he was trying to make connect. And it was interesting because, I mean, most people realize pee Wee's gay, but what I didn't know is he was openly gay until he wanted to be a star, so he kind of went back in the closet and never talked about his sexuality and created pee Wee Herman and all this stuff. And I think people probably made assumptions or whatever, but it lays out how he became a star, and it's really incredible because he had a bunch of different characters, including one that he thought was going to take off, which was a lounge singing Native American. Oh, and he goes man, that would not have aged. Well, I'm so glad that that did not take off. But the way that he created pee Wee Herman and what it became basically the Hermit, the guy on SpongeBob, the Sailor or whatever. It's basically Phil Hartman from the old Pee Wee Herman show.
Speaker 6: And pee Wee is basically SpongeBob. He's got kind of annoying boy with some adult ish jokes that are funny.
Speaker 5: And I was watching it going, man, I never put two and two together, but the SpongeBob is is totally from Pee Wee Herman. But it might be different from me because the age I'm at. But I would love for you guys to at least it's two parts, so if you watch the first part and don't like it, bail out.
Speaker 6: Well, we are our friends at the Dumb Zone. We're talking about this yesterday. Oh they were, and Jake actually really liked it, and he's around our age, so I think we'll like it.
Speaker 5: I think it's fantastic. He talk about the allegations, I'm gonna leave that for you to find out. I mean, it's The Bit and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next. He pointed at us, He told us to let's go get it. Did he end up getting vindicated at the box office? We'll talk about Tom Cruise next right here on ninety some point one the year, it's The ben In Skin Show ninety one point one.
Speaker 7: The Eagle been.
Speaker 5: On vacation this week, so the three of us holding it down. Foia, I got some cowboy news to get into. But it's my favorite kind of cowboy news when Jerry Jones causes a stir because he's photographed with very young women. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Juicy new news. Hot gods every.
Speaker 2: Stay on the top in.
Speaker 7: The all right, go back to Friday show.
Speaker 8: Do you guys remember when we were discussing the greatest Memorial Day opening weekend box office totals of all time?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't remember now which one was actually number one?
Speaker 3: Do you remember think Top Gun was?
Speaker 7: Oh, top Gun, Maverick Gun Maverick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one D and sixty million.
Speaker 8: So when Tom Cruise has a big movie coming out on Memorial Day weekend, you know it's gonna be huge, especially when he's rubbing elbows with Ben Rogers. Incredible, and he tells a crowd to have a great summer. Let's go get him all right, which we've all probably issued one hundred times over the weekend anytime we were on stage at BFD.
Speaker 5: The crowd gotta let's go get him, have a great summer.
Speaker 7: Have a great summer. Let's go get it.
Speaker 3: Then we then we discovered it's get him. Yeah. But either way, ye, it all works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, your winner.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you first that the North American box office hit a new Memorial.
Speaker 7: Day weekend record.
Speaker 8: Really, the top ten films earned over three hundred and twenty five million dollars all together.
Speaker 5: That's why Tom Cruise went to every theater and demanded every person go to the go to the actual movie house, and look what happened.
Speaker 8: And with one hundred and eighty three million dollars across the four day weekend, ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Lelo Stitch.
Speaker 5: I knew it. I knew it. Leelo and Stitch.
Speaker 8: The remake from the two thousand and two film pulled in one hundred and eighty three million dollars. It is now the largest Memorial Day Weekend movie of all time, and it got one hundred and fourteen million more dollars than Mission Impossible eight The Final Reckoning. How much did it get? Eighty three million? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Seventy seven million.
Speaker 3: That's not what they They wanted a lot more than that. One hundred and six million, I guess is what it would have been. That was the deficit there?
Speaker 8: Oh uh yeah they yeah, do I think they thought triple digit?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right, So seventy seven million that was second place.
Speaker 5: So our friend so at BFD Ben was celebrating his vacation by eating carbs in a real nice, catered area. Nice. And we were sitting there with our friend Priscilla from Kiss one of six and she had seen it and she was raving about it.
Speaker 7: Lilo and Stitch whatever it's called.
Speaker 6: Did she go see it by herself or did she take doesn't she have a son.
Speaker 3: He's older?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think your son's like y'all's age.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to figure out because I was reading this, like the reason Mission Impossible is really steered towards older guys, older men, right, and then Leelo and Stitch not only for kids, but also women about my age because we kind of grew up with Leelo and Stitch the cartoon, and I guess we're all excited for the live action remake.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Beauty of a nostalgia thing is when you can hit two age groups. Yeah, that's that's always magic. Yeah, that's part of the magic of Barbie clocked so much money. But a big, a big part of it too is how they did it and all that the top.
Speaker 8: Gun Maverick get you know, absolute age group and younger and then.
Speaker 5: Look at Ben Ben. Yeah, Ben's probably saw it like a hundred times. Yeah, and he cried every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The other's story the other movie, and this was one of the top ten movies the weekends. Actually the number three movie of the weekend is Our Good Friends over at Final Destination.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're still doing movies. Unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Did you see the story of what happened? Yes, so they were doing a showing. Uh and this was not here. This was in Colombia.
Speaker 7: H I'm not sure if it could I name another city?
Speaker 3: Hit me going give me one?
Speaker 5: Uh, Lima, I'm sorry, I I liked it was Buenos Stras. Oh yeah, Okay, the ceiling. Is the roof fell? Oh, ealing collapse during a show own a final destination where all you see in that movie is the worst death right? They probably they probably thought Tom Cruise was about to parachute in.
Speaker 3: That would be so cool.
Speaker 5: It seems so many stories of him showing up at places.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there he is. They thought it was part of the movie.
Speaker 8: He's like, no, no, no, he's not promoting this. It's just this motor boat and popcorn.
Speaker 7: Just how how please tell me this wasn't deadly?
Speaker 8: No, it was, Thank god, it wasn't. Everyone's fine, but just what a wild thing? I mean, that's a movie where I've seen a goldfish fall into the mouth of a kid at the dentist and kill him. I've seen you know, barb bar fench just shoot across and quarter someone.
Speaker 7: Oh this happened during a final destination?
Speaker 3: Yes, during the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, not during final reckoning, the during the movie final destination, which is worse. You see your final destination?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if you escape death like they did, you're probably like, well, it's still trying to catch me no matter what I do.
Speaker 3: How do you drive home after that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'd probably just gonna god, we'd curl up in a ball somewhere.
Speaker 3: And it so freaked out. Terrible situation.
Speaker 5: Well, thank god that no one got seriously hurt. Yeah, I mean there were a couple of serious Oh no, man, that's what happens when I get my news from him. I make assumptions that everything's fine, and then he has a follow up and some people lost limbs or something.
Speaker 8: When you hear a story that a ceiling collapsed, I think you have to say that it's a good ending if no one died, a happy ending, even if someone is injured, you were expecting them to die with the ceiling collapse.
Speaker 7: How many Final Destinations are there?
Speaker 5: I saw the commercial for one and a guy like had a hook in his nose or something and they're lifting him up off the ground with a hook, and I'm like, man, I just don't want to watch.
Speaker 7: Stuff like yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 3: It's it's not good. This is what that would be.
Speaker 5: Six Okay, Well, thank you to the Final Destination franchise. Is this their final reckoning as well? Like wrapping it up?
Speaker 3: Hope? So god?
Speaker 5: All right, it's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle, all right, coming up next, right after this, Jammy jam, why don't we do a little Cowboys Kerosene. Yeah, I love it when Jerry Jones is in the news, and we'll explore all that right after this and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, thanks for hanging out with us on a Tuesday afternoon. All right, coming up at the top of the hour, the new laws involving THC in Texas.
Speaker 7: How does it affect us? What the hell even are they?
Speaker 5: We'll get all the details from Tizzle, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: You're all working boys.
Speaker 8: If they do want it, they've got it. Jerry Jones is in Wood Tavern on over the weekend. I think this was Saturday night. I like it in Friday night. I like the old Inwood tavern over there. It's right next to Shinsay.
Speaker 3: So I was looking up right now. I don't know.
Speaker 6: First off, I'm only thirty five and I don't want to go out to bars, So why is he hanging out at bars? Yeah, it's Saturday night.
Speaker 7: First of all, he's a monster.
Speaker 5: And then third of all, I think that the Inwood taverns not even seven minutes from his doorstep.
Speaker 7: Okay, walk over there.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's right over there off of Inwood, Inwood and Lovers area, and it's right next to a really badass Japanese restaurant called shim Say.
Speaker 7: There's also Time Out Tavern over there.
Speaker 5: Time Out Tavern is around the corner actually on Lovers, and it is next door to neighborhood Service.
Speaker 3: But it's still walkable. Yes, funny Skin knows where all the bars are.
Speaker 7: I do, and my body's like, wait a minute. We talked about this earlier.
Speaker 8: I used to like in Wood Tavern, but it's getting so crazy over the years. You know, it's getting crowded. It does it is like going in there.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's it's a neighborhood bar for Highland Park. So you get a lot of Highland Park people. Now, if you want to get divy, go around the corner to the top. Time Out Tavern is way more divy. And yeah, you get a pretty interesting mixture of people. Like, it's all different kinds of folks.
Speaker 8: So when Jerry is out at eighty two years old and he's taking a photo with a young hot blonde, everyone's running with it. So there's you know, these trashy organizations like the New York Post email.
Speaker 5: These are the worst people on earth. Are terrible, I tell you.
Speaker 8: But we will click over there from time to time just to see what's going on. They've identified the woman here, Jessica Jane Farroh.
Speaker 7: She didn't need to put her middle name in there.
Speaker 8: I would say that too, man, especially if it's a double J like that, Jessica Farrow.
Speaker 7: Is that JJ Farrow?
Speaker 8: So the first thing I'm thinking, Jerry's taking a picture with a gallon in when time. It's like he's just out for a very common night out with his granddaughter.
Speaker 3: I saw that.
Speaker 5: I saw pictures of them taking the picture, not the actually you know, and I my thought on it is, come on, he's famous, right, this is not a big deal. Now, there may be more to this story than I'm but my initial reaction just saying, like, come on, man, people take pictures with him all the time. Jessica Jane Farrow is a real estate manager at Viory Clothing. Oh yeah, that's a real estate manager at a clothing store.
Speaker 7: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, two part time jobs. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Is Viory over there in Highland Park Village with all that crazy re retail yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Know, fourteen thousand followers on Instagram. She likes books, fashion, wine, art, travel, philanthropy and wellness.
Speaker 3: Okay, and philanthropy. How old is she? More books? Good lord? Wellness? All right, that's so gross.
Speaker 5: I think I think people just cut and paste their bios now for all this stuff.
Speaker 7: Wellness and philanthropy is very interesting.
Speaker 5: But also that'd be a great, great name for a band, Wellness and Philophy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also she has made it appear.
Speaker 8: It's on podcasts before though, Christina when she was discussing her about with stage three cold cancer.
Speaker 3: Oh, Christina, sorry, she can put whatever she wants.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how he does this, isn't it? Because he knows the story's going in, and so he sees us wandering out on the plank.
Speaker 7: He's like, oh, I'm got to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Watch this.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna start jumping up and down on the other end of the plank and making it real wobbly out there for him before the big reveal.
Speaker 6: Let's wait for them to trash her and then reveal the cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 7: Right back to you, Kevin. It's like she's got through it. You know, that was years on the other side.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's on the other side. Or maybe this was to make a wish type thing. Meet Jerriet inwood Cavern in what hour? That would be the absolute worst. Hey, I'm not gonna make it. If I could just meet Jerry out of Tavern on the edge of his neighborhood, my life will all come together and I will pass peacefully. Now, I was telling you that the Daily Mail and the New York Post are the worst, and they're the pieces of trash, the worst pieces of trash there is on the planet. Why do they need to put a picture up of Jerry and his wife Jeane. That's swack And it says Jerry has been halfway married to his wife Jean since nineteen sixty thirty.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe they're supporting. Maybe they're saying, hey, look he with Gene. They have a boat called Eureka, Eugenia or something. Everything's fine. This is just a famous person taking a picture out of tavern.
Speaker 6: That's the frustrating thing. All he did was take a picture. There's nothing. It wasn't a picture in the bathroom like we've seen before. It was a picture out at the bar. Right, So he's fine, It's okay, doesn't need to make headlines anywhere.
Speaker 7: We're not helping by talking about it right now.
Speaker 5: Probably what about the sounds that were coming out of the bathroom that Josh Hamilton was in?
Speaker 8: Oh okay, ok now, the probably Eugenia you can always find on vessel find her dot?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 8: And it's off the coast of France right now, I'll say that's if you want to our gene is where Jerry is.
Speaker 7: Jean's on the yacht, Jerry's one tavern.
Speaker 5: I would rather be in France than the end would tavern? No offense to those nice.
Speaker 7: People, absolutely?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I think they would agree.
Speaker 8: Probably, yeah, unless they've got a really good special.
Speaker 7: Maybe you call it? Yeah, Man, that's a really good cowboy segment, Kevin.
Speaker 3: What's do you call it? Special? It's you call it.
Speaker 5: And that's the special submin and Skin Show. Man, I'm leaving this four o'clock hour. I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Coming up next, let's do a news quickie and find out those of you that crave THC If you're screwed, we'll do that right here on the sub Been and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle been on vacation this week, but the three of us, Me, Kat and Christina will continue to party with you, giving away Jerry Cantrell tickets all week long. That's pretty cool right now, coming up at five o'clock. People love it when the big barbecue lists come down and we have some food news for you. You do not want to miss. That's coming up at five o'clock. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Give me that news quickie, I'm gonna give it to you.
Speaker 8: So, six years after legalizing having a little bit of THHC, the Texas legislator is about to approve a ban on THCHC. Now, this is gonna be big, big problems for the multi billion dollar hemp industry here in Texas. They rely on legal over the counter TOHC products. We've talked about CD oils, things like that. We've also talked for sure about these THHC alcoholic drinks as well, which are at all our liquor stores very quickly over the last two years, like almost a whole aisle of them at some of your bigger liquor stores.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I uh.
Speaker 5: I've always been confused by this because I have not followed the laws closely to understand what's going on. But I may I think people that listen to the show have listened to the show. I've known for a long time. I think it's absolutely obsord that marijuana is illegal, like it's absurd and this. So we have a new laws coming down and so now there can't be any of it available, or I guess I was a little confused as to what level was already available.
Speaker 8: I think I think what you're saying is coming from a from an extreme place on that not an extreme man. That's a big But I think most people don't care. I think most people don't care if it's legal or not. But I think there's a lot of people who are like I think it needs to be or I think it needs to right right, No, most people are kind of like, whatever, it doesn't affect on that and that.
Speaker 5: And my point is, then why would you make something illegal exactly that most people don't care about, unless you're just probably upset that you're not getting a cut of the industry, or it's fake morality or whatever.
Speaker 7: It's so interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't want the government in my life unless it's for my beliefs, and then I want to go take stuff away from everybody because it's not what I want. I hate all this stuff would be such a right maybe someone with a Jesus complex. The fight is over consumable delta eight THC. That's another thing that confusing about this, as there's a science level to this, but that's we'll say.
Speaker 7: THC is the kind that was allowed. That's why you can have those THHC drinks. See, when we were kids, you smoked a joint. I don't understand. When you're a kid, Well.
Speaker 8: Things have changed, you know, and now you have edibles and things like that, and CBD oils and all that stuff. The idea is that that strain of thchc is not as strong. So the edibles those are the ones that are getting kind of ruled out. Well, edibles you kind of you couldn't get here anyways. That's what I'm saying. I don't even understand. I don't even understand what I could. CBD oils and drinks is mainly what this is, okay, because most people just know a guy and there's gum. There are gummies that have a small amount of this delta etc.
Speaker 3: In it.
Speaker 8: It's regulated to what it can be. And this was all past in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Here's what happened. Here's what this is.
Speaker 8: Why this happened, because, first of all, this can help with pain relief, This can help with mental wellness. We've seen tons of stories of you know, combat veterans come back and are like, I rely on this.
Speaker 5: I had a friend that had Parkinson's disease as he got older, and he would have to get it illegally because it would bring him relief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my uncle when he was dealing with cancer relied on it hard.
Speaker 8: So, uh, your guy, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, I mean I hate him aka Resident buck Clown.
Speaker 3: I hate him.
Speaker 8: He so late last year he started saying, oh, these products are being sold with unlimited THC. They aren't no, and they're being marketed to children. They aren't like they're just not. But he's just lying because he didn't want this to pass six years ago and now he's got the power to and he's he's the worst one of all of these people.
Speaker 7: I mean, you hear a lot of names, but he is the worst one. He's the one who just.
Speaker 8: I want gambling here, I want gambling in Texas with I want it here.
Speaker 3: I don't want that.
Speaker 5: I don't want people telling adults what they can and can't do, as long as it's not, you know, murder like real stuff.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 8: Let people have their vice, as you a holes. My favorite part of the story, though, is a quote. This is from a story in Axios and they they reached out to uh the owner of shell Shock.
Speaker 7: CBD and Richardson oh Man.
Speaker 8: His name is John Burke, apparently, I guess he told this to CBS eleven.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 8: Texans don't want this. Let combat veterans be If we want to have a blunt, it's no different than having an old fashioned and kicking back.
Speaker 5: And I was like, man, that's about the most simple way you could put it.
Speaker 7: He's right.
Speaker 5: I'm a man that is a partner in a brewery, and I've I've never made any distinction between alcohol and weed.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 5: It's it drives me crazy, crazy, and there's so much misinformation about it because of propaganda to try.
Speaker 7: To get far extreme groups.
Speaker 5: To side with them. I just I hate all this phony crap. I hate it. Let grown ups have their vices. It's okay. Regulate it like you do alcohol or cigarettes. It's okay. We don't have to sell the kids. If some adult is selling it to a kid, arrest him, regulate it.
Speaker 8: I would like to invite everyone to send an email to Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick and just advise him to have a great summer and then but let's go get them out. I think if over one hundred or so people send that, I think he'll get the message.
Speaker 3: You will it too.
Speaker 5: All right, so is this an effect as of today. I don't think it's a fully finalized yet, but it's it's going that way.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, bad news for people that are into that stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bad question you asked me to sure.
Speaker 5: Bad bad news for us when we're supposed to be delivering news.
Speaker 7: We're just it's not our thing.
Speaker 5: Submit and skin Show, So ninety seven point one The Eagle, thanks for hanging out with us today. Coming up next in sports, it's playoff time. Been in skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle. It is Me, it is Kat, it is Christina, and we're holding it down for you all this week. Big Ben Rogers on vacation, but he'll no doubt be checking his social media. So if you'd like to tweet at him, or instagram him, or Facebook him or whatever, tell him.
Speaker 7: You're not really missing him, and that you're enjoying the show so far. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Now, let's cool around the sports.
Speaker 5: KTD fu queints as all the sports.
Speaker 8: YEA have a big game four tonight in Edmonton and luckily not one of those eight thirty starts. Though this thing will going around seven seven fifteen. As we'll start. The Stars are down two to one. They got lit up on Sunday afternoon. We were keeping an eye on it while we were at BFD. Saw a couple of dudes in Stars fans.
Speaker 3: They're like, what's the score? I was like, you really want to know? It's don't want to know.
Speaker 7: Five to one right now.
Speaker 5: Bud Ben and I were sitting there with our friend Priscilla watching the first period, and man, when they just got lit up back to back like that, and the way things went the other night where they couldn't get any or the game two where they couldn't get the past the goaltender, you're sittinger thinking, no, it's it's going like this.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 8: So one of Edmonton's best players is out tonight, Connor Brown, and he's scorn like fourteen points in the playoffs, not Connor McDavid, who yelled and yelled and lit a.
Speaker 3: Fire under that.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that is all fun though tonight more playoff action here. It's been weird, you know, with the Mavericks not making the playoffs.
Speaker 3: And they usually do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's been good that the Stars have once again gone on another run and we've still got some semblance of playoff action because the Rangers are so bad right now.
Speaker 3: What has happened?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: They can't hit, and you know, I'm not watching Ranger games, but i'll you know, read stories and it is so amazingly frustrating that the pitching they're getting it. I mean, it's unbelievable how good they're pitching is. And this team that we thought would be one of the best offensive lineups. I think they're twenty six and twenty nine.
Speaker 8: Now you can't be mad, Yeah, they're twenty six and twenty nine. Yeah, you can't be mad at the Marcus Simon contract because you won a World Series, right, but he has become maybe the worst hitter in the league.
Speaker 3: It's believe me, I and.
Speaker 8: I it's it's I'm like, how how has this happened? What do I do, Adulis Garcia. We'll swing at the first pitch no matter where it's at. If it's behind him, he's swinging at it. He's always been like that, though, what are you doing? He's always been like that.
Speaker 5: But uh so I did, I actually forgot to go. Look did did Osuona play?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Soon a play? It's oh soon? I had two hits yesterday.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh my god? What wind tell everybody who soon is?
Speaker 8: So they brought up this guy who he you know, got mad to spring training. He's in the minor league system. He's a little, tiny guy, plays out for his names Alejandro Osuna, and he's very nice and energetic. He's one of those guys that all the media outlets would like to interview in spring training. My guys in Witch Tall Falls who I know for ever, Like they're like, oh, he was our favorite guy spring training because he's fun and wasn't.
Speaker 7: He pretty much the best player in spring training?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was really good and then he like went to Triple A and then dominated.
Speaker 7: So I think he was their minor league player of the year last He's.
Speaker 3: Like he looks like rookie.
Speaker 7: He's little and he's not as stout as rookie.
Speaker 8: But he's little and left handed, and he had two big hitch yesterday and he's the only guy with a professional approach at the play and and uh.
Speaker 5: So he's in and they and he got hoping to keep him around.
Speaker 8: They're trying to get evan carter back Corey Seeger supposed to come back this week. So there's like potential to get the ball rolling because.
Speaker 5: H and who did they he replaced who on the roster that's going on the disabled list?
Speaker 8: John Peterson got hit in the hand by ok and it did it break his hand? I look, say it broke a finger or something cracked it or something. He'll he'll put him on the ten day list. So he may not be gone long. Okay, he was starting to hit too, so it's kind of unfortunate. Yeah, uh so, yeah, I don't know why we got into that range basketball Jones saying it. Uh so the uh I really was hoping that the tea will would squeeze it out last night too, and they just they got too constipated at the end.
Speaker 5: Why should uh that's not good basketball?
Speaker 8: Nels and when he had twenty three and a half above for Anthony Edwards, and he just can only get sixteen for you.
Speaker 5: I mean he was barely even taking shots. You can get that many shots you could crap up out of him.
Speaker 6: Is that the game where ended where the fan caught the ball before it went out of bounce. Whoh that made me so angry. Also, like, sit down, you idiot, you're not a part.
Speaker 3: Of the game.
Speaker 7: But I still am looking at that.
Speaker 5: I still don't understand how they didn't get more time on the clock.
Speaker 7: I thought it should have been like a second, yeah, or point eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got point They went up with point three, which is enough to catch and shoot, but not really.
Speaker 8: I didn't like to play to try to lob it in either, but let's just try a half court shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But again, if they had had a full second or point eight, they could have ran something different for a.
Speaker 7: Catch and shoot.
Speaker 8: So I don't understand that the Thunder up three to one, and the Thunder will be going to the NBA Finals after one more when.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I did not actually see the knicks big comeback, but I did see that they were down twenty. So I was I saw my son on Saturday night and I hadn't watched the game, and I just pulled up the score. I go, oh, okay, I see the Knicks one one o six to one hundred. My son goes the Knicks one. I was like, yeah, he goes, dude. They were down a lot.
Speaker 7: Huge comeback.
Speaker 8: So looked at my phone Sunday because this is this is going down Sunday while we were at BFD. Right, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right. That's why I missed it. And it was just people crapping on the Knicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then to find out that they won, I was like, wait, I thought just based off a few things I just seemed tweeted, I was like, oh, okay, there's no way they won.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So they had a crazy comeback and they're in it. Yeah, and uh so that's fun.
Speaker 5: Karl Anthony Towns was benched in Game two in which they you know, lost at home and went down oh two. I think he had sixteen in the fourth quarter of that game when they because they sat him like nine minutes in the fourth quarter a long time in Game two and they lost. And the other thing too many they on the ESPN set, you have Mike Malone who just got fired, you know, but he coached a team to an NBA championship.
Speaker 3: You have Bob Meyer.
Speaker 5: Who was the GM that built the dynasty in Golden State. How many rings did they get? And then you have Kendrick Perkins like him or not, he was on he was a starter on a Boston Celtics championship team, three champions and they're all just sitting there watching Steven A. Smith foam at the mouth and yell and call people, you know, chokers, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Just going, why do we have to do that? Do you know?
Speaker 5: They show footage of him walking into the arena, Like ABC cuts to stephen A. Smith walking into the arena the worst, Like it's like, it's like wrestling. I do not get it. Everything It's true. Everything is wrestling. Have a great summer. Let's go get him. So the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Ego coming up next.
Speaker 7: What do we have in music news?
Speaker 8: Tizsele, Well, there's a band that's doing something really cool and they're saying it's a middle finger to the venues.
Speaker 5: Next, let's find that out right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Music.
Speaker 8: One of the bands that you know, we found the Eel here and there the All American rejects are in the news. They've been doing something kind of cool lately. I don't know if you've seen the videos of their house parties they've been having. I have not, but it sounds arad it's tremendous. Now. They're a band from Oklahoma. Fact lead singer lives up in Tulsa. But we have a listener I call him the fake Dustin Johnson, and his wife is cousins with him, and she was telling me some stories about the band when we did a music trivia a few few months ago.
Speaker 3: Oh cool.
Speaker 8: So basically they had started doing this thing called the house Party Tour. Now, I want to be real clear, they're gonna go on a tour. It's opening up for the Jonas Brothers in big stadiums in a few months. So you can look at that and go okay, So maybe what they're doing is not risky. But here's what they're doing right now. They've taken fifty thousand out of their own pockets and they've booked a bus and they put a crew salary on it, and they started a tour and they've just been showing up and doing pop ups. For instance, they called up a bowling alley, like, hey, can we play a show there? That's cool, And they're playing a lot of like Midwest towns like Ames, Iowa, and we're from Oklahoma, and they're just asking for you don't have to do this. A five dollars donation at the door would be great, but that's all. And there's a big interview in Vulture about this, and I thought some of it was pretty interesting, and he was talking about like how they were again these Oklahoma dudes, and how it was frustrating that no one like know of their favorite bands would come there very often. Luckily, Tulsa is actually a scene as a pretty good music town.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 7: Our friends at Josie Records have a record store there, and.
Speaker 8: He mentioned that, but he was like, it was just hard to get bands to come through a lot. And then you know, they go off to college and now they've just been playing at these like very like how they did a lot of a lot of you know, not frat houses and things like that. Of course, yeah, it's happening.
Speaker 5: My daughter is nineteen, about to be twenty, and her friend group that all are off at college. They talk about these frat parties where who they're hiring to come play them because all those kids have money. Yeah, and there's like a lot of money to be made to go play frat parties and you can be a decent sized band or big time DJ and go make a lot of dough doing that.
Speaker 3: Anyone wants a Nirvana cover band, I know some people.
Speaker 7: Oh, we can definitely put in a word.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this thing real quick. I know you can sign up like for an alert if they're nearby. I didn't realize like I did put I'm in Dallas, So there's like zero chance they're going to stop and do Dallas, right, I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Mean they might, but it wouldn't be at a big venue. Yeah, you know, it would be so much. I think there's a chain they would just because they're close enough, and maybe forty they swing through here. Sometimes I'd be great if they did forty. I saw Kate out there.
Speaker 8: So in this interview, they asked, have certain places suspected a cat fishing situation?
Speaker 5: Like all American rejects win they're a big band. Yeah, that's what I've with Ben and Tom Cruise. He thought he was being fished, he did, and then he found out he was going to have a great summer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they said a lot of kids didn't go to the first couple of shows because they thought it was a cover band or something or just some bit. And he's like, it was actually kind of cool that there was ten people and we were playing to them and we played a full show.
Speaker 5: And that's a great story to tell somebody. Hey, I went and saw Old American Rejects at a house party and I was one of ten people there.
Speaker 8: It reminds me of seeing the Black Pumas before they got huge. We saw him at Homegrown Fest and there was fifteen people. There were fifteen people, I mean, because they're early in the day.
Speaker 3: What's funny is it?
Speaker 6: I feel like bands love this, like once they get huge, they kind of love the smaller, Like Jack White especially, He's actually like said that on his Instagram, Like I could see him doing this.
Speaker 8: So he did the little mini tour and played Trees as a pop up. Yeah, before you know doing the bigger show. It's outside ballroom.
Speaker 5: This is a good sized pop up. But still, yes, I mean that was you went to that, didn't you, Christina?
Speaker 3: That was not to but that's really cool. Yeah, I was packed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but the lead singer said, I was raised in a trailer house. My first concert was sitting on my porch listening to a band that was playing at an outdoor pavilion because I couldn't afford tickets.
Speaker 7: I couldn't even afford CDs. He said, unless it's.
Speaker 8: A big arena with a big old sponsor, you're singing now with these giant artists aren't really selling out their shows anymore, and they pay for these arenas to make it look like they did.
Speaker 3: And I was like, is that happening?
Speaker 7: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: I think, like, I don't they're placing bodies in there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe they're just they're working the dimensions of the stage.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't really, I don't know.
Speaker 8: So I did like this one thing that he said, and this is something I will remember and I will always respect the All American Rejects for this. And the Swing Swings a great song too also that he said. So they said you were very strategic in the cities you choch to these shows, he said, I live in Tulsa. Music shouldn't have to be born in a social media environment. It should be fostered in hometowns. With local followings.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's fantastic. They're still hoping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're not quite too far gone.
Speaker 3: We're almost there. Yep, thank you.
Speaker 5: No, that's good. I like that report. That gives me musical hope. And we just went on an epic run. So much great stuff that we got to tell you about, including BFD on Sunday, lots of great stories. All of that is coming up in the big finish at five forty five. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: It's time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the big daddy of them all.
Speaker 8: This is the one that you'll be hearing about, and we're getting ahead of it because this dropped this morning.
Speaker 7: This is the Rose Bowl of barbecue.
Speaker 3: This really is.
Speaker 8: I know, we do a lot of food talk because you know, it's good to talk about food. I like food, but like this one is a little different. This is one of the like Dallas Wanting News had this up at the top for it's our telegram, this at the top channel like.
Speaker 7: It's just this daily news.
Speaker 8: This one's very influential because it like this changes some of these businesses as well. Absolutely, this uh to Texas Monthly is the top fifty barbecue spots in Texas.
Speaker 3: There's some honorable mentions too, we will get to.
Speaker 8: I do want to talk about how you get here. The guy Texas Monthly in their article just talked about how the first one they did was in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 7: I would have thought it would been sooner than that.
Speaker 8: And here's how much Texas barbecue has grown and changed since then. Only seven of the joints from the twenty thirteen list are on the top fifty in this one.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's quite a bit of turnover.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, they visited three hundred and nineteen different spots and a.
Speaker 3: Lot of work. Yeah, it is. It's a lot of meat, you know what.
Speaker 8: It is a lot of meat. And uh, this is a fun sentence, he said. Uh, tasting, eating barbecue for a living is good work if you can get it. But I'll admit that at moments it was tedious and exhausting to parse the often minute differences, minute differences among so many meals. I would imagine trying to be like, I like the brisket from that place.
Speaker 7: That's like the thing.
Speaker 5: You know, if you're a samallgay, like, you've taken all this, You've done all this studying about wines and you've developed this palette and all this stuff. Can you do it for meats? Like, I'm sure you know you can. But we're really getting into a preference thing. I don't think it's like being a you know, a wine expert or something like that.
Speaker 8: Top ten was where we will start, and we'll just mention the ones at DFW.
Speaker 7: I yet, because you know Wolfforth had one and number ten.
Speaker 3: You guys know where Wolforth is.
Speaker 7: That that's will Forth Brimley.
Speaker 8: He was an actor number seven Randy Galloway, Alito, Alito. The place is called Dane's Craft Barbecue. See he took one of Ben's words craft put it through there. Their pro tip on this is breakfast, the old breakfast going as well.
Speaker 5: I love brisket, egg and cheese tacos.
Speaker 6: Okay, I thought you're gonna say Taketo's same thing basically yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, right now there's a place not far around the corner from US Rudies that you know they they do breakfast tacos.
Speaker 7: Yes they do, and they're fantastic, so good.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 7: That is danes Craft Barbecue number seven in Alito.
Speaker 5: Did they do they say, Hey, The reason this is number seven is because whatever, Yeah, I mean, it's a good.
Speaker 8: Long paragraph about it. Some their side, you want to know. Some of their sides are love sides. I love sides. Freeedo pie beans, Oh, because Randy Galloway worked with Fredo for so many years. Rest in Peace, flaming hot streak, corn yep. Okay, that sounds like a stomach explosion, apple slaw and broccoli grape salad. And I don't really know when you set together.
Speaker 5: I don't mess with slaw in general, but if I was gonna eat slaw that sounds like slaw, I might eat sounds like a pretty much good stuff.
Speaker 8: They said the ninety five fort worth the weight platter is what you should get. Okay, five dollars fort worth the weight platter gets you a half pad of all the stuff.
Speaker 5: Is that the one the guys that killed Osama eight? Right after they did that. I think it's got like twenty two thousand calary.
Speaker 8: Christina watched the Prestige this weekend but didn't get to Friendship, and I am a little upset about that. You watched the Pewee Herman documentary and didn't get to the studio, And I'm a little upset about that.
Speaker 5: I did eat the Sealed Team six special though.
Speaker 8: Christina's just you don't have to laugh at his references to a movie, did you you gotta stop?
Speaker 6: Well, I see y'all get excited, and I want to join in, so I laugh fun.
Speaker 7: I want to I definitely want to go watch it again.
Speaker 5: Number three they have won this before. Man conquered this list before. Really Number three. Goldies, Yeah, I've never had there. Fort Worth, Yeah, I need to do. Goldies opened up in twenty twenty. I always go there, like if I lose my key and can't get in anymore, or I need to book something, you know.
Speaker 7: For the show. Oh, Golden's that's Golden. Oh, that's Golden. Yeah, she works.
Speaker 5: I cannot believe I've never been to Goldies, Is that right? The first time I met more the extended family and my wife's side of the family was at where their place is, like the actual building.
Speaker 7: I'll just met at the building and didn't eat the barbecue.
Speaker 5: It wasn't open yet. It is like nineteen oh gotcha, yeah, because I.
Speaker 8: Believe she her dad owns the building, oh okay or something, And I truly don't know.
Speaker 7: And I was like, how hell we ain't been to Goldies.
Speaker 3: Oh would you say it like that? I just say it like that? Okay?
Speaker 5: And did she say because you're talking weird? Yeah, we should go to Goldies. It is other, it says fourth two. I would call it more Kennadale. That'd be what I wouldn't call it. Okay, let's let's get into that next. Would it be more Kennidale or would it be fort Worth. We have more details like that on our Top fifty Barbecue from Tech Monthly, and we'll get into part two of that all coming up next right here on the Bent and Skin Show. Now we're right in the middle of talking about barbecue. But maybe you got pizza on your mind. And if you do, I hope Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is the pizza you're thinking of. Right there in the heart of Plano Preston and Plano Parkway, they have some of the best pizza in town. And I can say it's not just my opinion that's voted as the readers in the Dallas Wearing News voted it best pizza in town. Five different styles and they've mastered them all, including they have their own style. The Dallas style pizza. Get that with the butter crust. Oh my god, Yeah, he's so good. They got great pasta dishes, awesome bar.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 5: I go up there tonight watch the playoff hockey. I was there one time and Coach Debora was sitting right up at there at the bar enjoying some Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. So maybe that's the good stars Mojo. You need go check it out tonight Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 7: All right, KT back to you.
Speaker 8: So we were discussing the Texas Monthlies drop this morning of their top fifty Texas barbecue spots, and this is a big one. It's got a lot of influence to this toomb infw made the top ten. Number seven was danes Craft Barbecue and Alito. Number three was Goldies out there in Fort Worth. It's off of Dick Price Road Goldies. So it's very easy to remember. In fact, man I wrote a screenplay called Dick Price Is Right, and it was it's kind of like you take the game show themes into it, but it's also about a guy who's right all the time. Oh, I like that interesting. I don't know why I gave away the premise because I'm still meeting with some developers at Apple plus Max next week.
Speaker 7: No, I'm going to copyright that idea immediately else.
Speaker 8: Rore in the top fifty Dallas Slow Bone Barbecue, Yeah, and then Smokey Joe's Barbecue. Smokey Joe's Barbecue has been opened since nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 3: Where is Smokey Joe's.
Speaker 7: It's off RL Thornton, which is thirty.
Speaker 3: Right off of the highway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know. I've never been Decatur, North Texas smoke Barbecue. You ever been out to Decatur?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, but bumped into some good listeners from Decatur at BFD.
Speaker 7: Decatur's blossoming. I call it Decatur.
Speaker 8: When I'm driving to Olney, my hometown, I go Denton, Decatur, Jacksboro.
Speaker 7: Oh, poor Jacksboro.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, that's interesting.
Speaker 7: That's a good note for us. Yeah, shout out Decatur.
Speaker 8: Yeah, good people out there in Decatur growing up up there, blowing up.
Speaker 5: So that's northwest of the metropolan there to eighty seven. Yeah, it's in the metroplex.
Speaker 3: My man.
Speaker 7: They also have a nude campground, I think, is that right? Cadillac Barbecue.
Speaker 6: I like dude, campground instead of a beach, since we don't have beaches here.
Speaker 3: Really, maybe they have a beach there.
Speaker 5: I like the idea of camera eating a bunch of barbecue and getting fat and then taking my clothes off in the woods. Yeah, where mosquitoes can just bite your junk. Yeah, bite it off. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: Catike Barbecue, Farmer's Branch.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 7: We've been, we've been as a show.
Speaker 5: And when we went, man we went to Lake because a lot of the stuff had sold out, so we got to make another return trip.
Speaker 8: Fort Worth's and Love in the Top fifty Sibbar Barbecue, Panther City Barbecue.
Speaker 7: We've talked about those places.
Speaker 3: I haven't had them.
Speaker 8: You haven't had them yet. Get them on your list, dude, hand me my list. That's about it for dfw B. Really right there. No Hutchins, no Hutchins, no tyme.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: Well, here's what they did. They got a little nervous. I think they didn't want to leave anyone out. I think this like industry is pretty tight knit. And he start going, man, I don't want to like, I don't want to leave someone out. So at the very bottom of the list they put the next fifty.
Speaker 5: There's a fifty Soato Okay, there you go, get in Pertato is delicious. I'm glad it's on there. Uh smoking ash Barbecue. I've been hearing a lot about that though. That's like ethopus. Yes, I saw a story about them on the news and they're out there in Arlington or Fort w Where are they Arelington?
Speaker 3: That's Arlington?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, I'm I want to go check that out.
Speaker 3: Fort Worth Bricks Barbecue.
Speaker 7: Is it spelled bri i X?
Speaker 3: I thought the.
Speaker 7: Same thing, Brix. Does this do anything for me? Christina?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: Decadent beef belly burn ins?
Speaker 3: Yes, I love burn ins.
Speaker 5: What's porchetta? I think that's some sort of like a big thing.
Speaker 8: Smoked porchetta, juicy sausages, ben and decadent beef belly burnt ends. And then a smoke aholics barbecue also in Fort Worth getting some love. They say if you go in on the fourth Sunday of every month, you'll get treated to a slab of smoked meat loaf.
Speaker 7: I don't think so many.
Speaker 5: God, seriously, fourth Sunday, which hey this Sunday?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 7: How many days are in May?
Speaker 5: It would have been two days ago. Yeah, April jun.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Thirty days had September, April, June, and November all the rest of thirty one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thirty one got thirty one.
Speaker 5: Bro, it's good to know Grand Prairie es of Ollas our good friends.
Speaker 7: We were just talking about that the other day.
Speaker 5: They recommend the sloppy wand taco. Okay, don't look that up.
Speaker 3: On urban dictionaries.
Speaker 5: Okay, man, yes we will, Yes we will.
Speaker 7: Is a sloppy wand talk.
Speaker 5: On the Urban dictionary. Never got back to me about that one thing I submitted.
Speaker 7: They have a secretary that gets back to you. Okay, here is it the.
Speaker 3: Golden Arches or something? What did you put in there?
Speaker 8: A sloppy one? They say, it's a sloppy Joe using chorizo and standing around beef.
Speaker 7: That's that's not dirty, lame.
Speaker 5: What happened to this website? That website sucks now many they.
Speaker 7: Lost their way. Patrick took over, Dan Patrick took it over.
Speaker 8: I also want to give a little bit of love skin out to your friends in McKinny Hutchins Barbecue.
Speaker 3: They good.
Speaker 7: I love Hutchins. I put it, put it in my mouth. Did they come up with the Texas twinkie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 8: That's a claim North Richland Hills. So the NRH people out there listening, I know there's a bunch of you. Yep, patriotic pig smokehouse.
Speaker 7: Okay, I love a good pig that served.
Speaker 5: Royce City sent yep, Royce City known for defeating Dallas and the DFW city bracket.
Speaker 3: Did they put that on a billboard out there?
Speaker 8: I don't think they did yet, but we should maybe get that going. It was a different time, you know, russ St smoke Sessions barbecue. Okay, they have something called the Plotter. It's a fried porkla one sandwich.
Speaker 3: The Plotter.
Speaker 5: How did you say loin? You said it weird lawn? Did you hear that pork lawn? Pork line? Yeah, I gotta go out there and mo pork. Yeah, the pork lawn.
Speaker 8: What's the words you put after pork but lawn but chop? I think it's loin, dude.
Speaker 7: That's kind of end the segment.
Speaker 5: Ease coming up next. What's in the weekday update?
Speaker 3: KT?
Speaker 7: Well, the Ten Commandments are like going to be mandated to be in your child's classroom?
Speaker 5: Does it mean anything to you?
Speaker 3: Should it?
Speaker 7: Audio?
Speaker 4: Next, and now it's time for Beason sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 8: There is a bill on Capitol Hill and it's gonna go back to the Senate here and it might get passed.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the story.
Speaker 8: There was a bill requiring classroom displays of the ten Commandment, so basically tin commands have to be posted in the classroom.
Speaker 7: I think they have that in Louisiana already.
Speaker 8: So it was the House passed it, it was amended yesterday, and it's going back to the Senate and then Governor Abbott will probably sign this and it'll probably pass. I do think we talked about this earlier, about the teacher thing. I think the majority of people out there don't really care, Okay. I think you have a segment of pee people who really think this should happen. I think you have a probably a smaller segment of people who think it really shouldn't happen. And you get a lot of people in the man whose life doesn't change either way, right, they don't make any more money, like the Commandments are in the classroom.
Speaker 3: Or not.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The first thing I wanted to do before I play, you guys, Madio's ask you, do you guys know the Ten Commandments?
Speaker 3: Do you know him?
Speaker 5: Christina love my neighbor? What's the difference in that in the Bill of Rights?
Speaker 8: I mean, that's not one of the What didn't Jesus give us the right to bear arms?
Speaker 5: That's it. The commandments and amendments are big words for kids too. Have you guys ever seen or heard of the original Melbrooks movie The History of the World Part one? So he's got a scene where he's it's Moses with the Ten Commandments, right, Yeah, I don't even remember my Bible stories. And he's holding three tablets and he goes like, give to the fifteen Commandments, and then one of the tablets drop and breaks.
Speaker 7: He goes ten ten Commandments.
Speaker 3: That's so good. That's pretty damn great.
Speaker 7: Okay, take advantage of spin them at your.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're not gonna bang your neighbor's wife. You shall have no other gods before me, yep, unless he's a political leader. You shall make no idols. Yep. You shall not take the name of the Lord of God in vain, I say gd probably twenty five times ago. Dang it, I didn't know that one keep the Sabbath day holy. Yep, honor your mother and your father.
Speaker 3: That's good. You shall not murder, yep.
Speaker 8: You shall not committed ulter, you shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor, and you shall not come it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not fine.
Speaker 5: I don't wipe your feet. Always wipe your feet before you walk in. If your feet are muddy, wipe them at the front door. That's like, that's one of them.
Speaker 8: So I want to be clear here. The guy I'm gonna play audio from you is again named James tall Rico. He's a representative of from Austin.
Speaker 5: He is a Democrat, Okay, he is against this right, but he is also a Christian, Okay, all right, And I.
Speaker 8: Do think there's something a little slimy about him. I do feel like he's like a lot of TikTok followers.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: But he's absolutely dunking on people because they were trying to pass this across over the weekend, which is violating one of the commandments.
Speaker 9: Okay, the fourth commandment, part of keeping the Sabbath holy is not working on the Sabbath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what day is the Jewish Sabbath?
Speaker 3: It is on Saturday.
Speaker 1: And what day is it today?
Speaker 3: It is Saturday.
Speaker 1: Here we are the Christian Sabbath.
Speaker 5: Is what day Sunday in honor of the day that Jesus rose from the dead.
Speaker 9: And we're scheduled to give this bill a final vote on what day it'll be.
Speaker 3: It's ironic, isn't it.
Speaker 9: Would you be willing to postpone your bills so that we're not breaking the Ten Commandments by working on the Jewish or Christian Sabbath. I love that you said that, because you're saying that you'd rather tell people to follow the Ten Commandments than follow it yourself.
Speaker 6: I would rather have had this bill passed the other day when it was time.
Speaker 9: We as a legislator are about to force every teacher in the state to post the Ten Commandments in their classrooms if they of the Texas legislature follow the Ten Commandments.
Speaker 5: So again, this bill is about honoring our historical, educational, and judicial heritage.
Speaker 1: The ninth commandment is thou shalt not bear false witness?
Speaker 9: Are you aware of any legislators who have lied about anything?
Speaker 2: That is?
Speaker 3: You know, you know there might be one coming up in a minute.
Speaker 5: If you keep talking, we'll see The seventh commandment is thou shalt not commit adultery?
Speaker 1: Yes, do you think they hear that?
Speaker 7: Here are some guy yelled Ken Paxton, He yells at you. Do you think that members of the legislature? Jeff Passing, the baseball writer, do.
Speaker 9: You think that members of the legislature should focus more on trying to follow the ten commandments rather than telling others to.
Speaker 1: Follow them a post?
Speaker 7: I am, I am?
Speaker 5: You know it is. Did you hear that person to the side what their excuse was? Maybe they didn't have them posted?
Speaker 6: Okay, looks they're all the worse.
Speaker 3: This is funny. This is funny.
Speaker 8: And this guy I've seen this guy do stuff like this before though, I mean he's actual, you know, he's elected official. It's not like he's some he's not going to city council meetings getting followers. But it always it's got a little smart ass to it, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's a clear dunk right here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like we can maybe not do this on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta be that smart.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: You mentioned like a lot of people are just kind of like whatever, and For the most part, I am that, but I don't like I don't I feel that a separation of church and state is good, and I feel like public schools are funded by the state, and so if we're going to post the Ten Commandments, then we should. If someone that was of a Muslim faith wanted to post something from the Kuran, which I don't know anything, I'm not knowledgeable on it, but then I think it should be open for everyone to have their religions posted up there. If we're going to go down this road, Like there's a separation in our country because of the Forefathers what they were running from. Over in Europe, there's historical precedent for this. We don't want government to have religion in it because then it can be utilized the way the Vatican does for example. There's a historical reason we don't do this, and now we're going against it. So I don't like all the Hey, we're a constitutionalist and we're patriots, unless we want to bend it for our own personal benefits.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when the religion is more about power than it is loved, then we have a problem.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: You know what would be great is if they offered like fifteen minutes every school day for no matter what religion you practice, to have time to practice that religion. And maybe I feel this way because when I was a kid, they built a mosque right by our elementary school. And this is late seventies and there's a lot of Middle East paranoia. They came and they taught our school about Islam so that we wouldn't be afraid of the mosque around the corner. And it had an impact on me, like I looked at it differently growing up. So I don't know, man, what Texas is just it's just a bunch of people grand standing and then going against what they say they stand for.
Speaker 3: It's all politicians.
Speaker 7: Thank you, KT. That was fantastic work by you.
Speaker 5: Anything fantas coming up next? What a spectacular weekend we had. Oh my god, let's talk about BFD. Let's talk about Choctaw. We'll do it all next in the Big Finish Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. I was hanging out there yesterday. We'll talk more about that in a minute, but man, I'm just it's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up in Salina. We have so many great things coming up this summer and coming up in the fall we're excited about. But I want to give a shout out to places that carry our beer. Restaurants and bars, for example, have a beer called the big German. It's a delicious kulsh named after Dirt Novitski because it's got minimal hops in a smooth finish. And when you're out and about, you can get the big German at all the truck yards, for example, the one in Dallas, the one in the Colony, the one out West. I mean they all carry it. What about Thirsty Lions. Yes, Thirsty Lions carry the big German. And now we're at the all new gas Monkey in Grandscape. Yeah, howl's about that just opened. I have not been to gas Monkey yet. I'm going to get out there very soon. We should be doing something with gas Monkey on the Eagles, shouldn't we. I mean that's a perfect fit. But they're carrying the big German as well, So if you go to any of those venues, get you a delicious big German. Thank you for supporting Roller Town Beer Works. But right now it's time for this kill. This thing's big.
Speaker 8: It was a wild five days for the show, starting with Ben Rogers, who's taking a well deserved vacation to to U Mexico Turks and Caicos, right, yeah, is that Mexico?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, he's.
Speaker 6: Going to Turx and I thought Mexico two for a while.
Speaker 5: He's going somewhere weird and now it's failed travel agent KT or whatever.
Speaker 3: He's doing Turks and kcos.
Speaker 5: So, uh, Turk and Caicos is badass cool yeh he uh he like won some auction for it at a charity thing. Yep.
Speaker 3: Point is he earned it.
Speaker 8: He went and met Tom Cruise, hung out with him for uh, you know, for a little while on Thursday, and.
Speaker 5: This is the time year to go to Turks by the way, right now gets real hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Then, in fact, I went up to talk to a Thursday night and stayed and then got in the pool and got hammered Friday morning.
Speaker 7: It was a really good plan.
Speaker 3: I took a good plan.
Speaker 5: I took pictures of KT in the pool. Yeah yeah, from my from my room.
Speaker 8: Yeah, for your personal collection. Yeah, to my people. They put him in your bank.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: Onto the show Friday, and then we had a wonderful dinner at eighteen thirty two.
Speaker 7: That place is awesome, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It was amazing first time there.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, and the steak I got. So you have these options to put like toppings on the Yeah. And so my boyfriend Mike Roy loves au soup or whatever it is. What is it with French onion? I'm sorry, it's French onion. French onion soup is aways what he loves. And he saw that as an option. He's like, wait, wait, so you can like put this on top of the steak. And the waiter just said, yes, we can do that, and it was so damn good.
Speaker 5: I love the broth and French onion soup. I don't like the soggy bread in it, really yeah, I'm not down with the soggy bread, but the broth I.
Speaker 3: Love all of it. And on top of a steak was even better. Oh, I bet wonderful dinner.
Speaker 8: Then we all walk over to the Grand Theater and saw the Black Keys rock ass for ninety minutes.
Speaker 5: I have never been there. Uh, I know you've been there, Kat, Is that the first time you had gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What a badass?
Speaker 7: Place to see a show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we had great seats.
Speaker 8: It's the best place for you gotta go take a whiz real quick, or you gotta get up and get a drink. It's so easy to get where you need to go. And I really love that because a lot of places do not make it easy. No, you walk a long ass ways, yeah, away from the show you're seeing. That's a great point. And also because of the way the venue is set up, you can hear the song that you're like choosing to go to the bathroom during all the way until you get to the bathroom, and then you come out you hear it again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that was a great point. I did not think about that, but they may get super easy for you. Did not miss much when you got to take a whiz.
Speaker 8: We've all seen the Black Keys, but I did not realize that was like a top ten band for Christina.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I was telling Ben, they're actually number like top three for me, so Zeppelin, number one, Jack White anything, any of the bands he's in number two, and the Black Keys, But I just I haven't listened to them in a while, and their last album, I actually didn't realize. I know a lot more than I thought, yeah, because I was listening to them the whole way up there to chalk talk, because that's what I do before a concert. I'm like, let me get pumped, you know, just refresh my I'm around some of these songs.
Speaker 3: And I love their older stuff.
Speaker 6: Like when we were going through the garage rock sound, that's my favorite sound ever. And I wasn't expecting them to play any of that. I was really listening to that last album trying to get used to that. They played all old stuff and I just kept freaking out because I don't look at setless and this is why. Because I was so happy and so surprised, and I kept looking at Mike. I'm like, all right, I'll sit down now, and as soon as they would start the next song, I'm like, nope, I'm getting back up because I can't believe they're playing like Psychotic Girl. Oh my god. They played Psychotic Girl for the first time, and I think they said, what seventeen years yeah something.
Speaker 8: It was my favorite show ever. Really well, that's all rocks too. Because she was like, did you look at setlist? I was like, this is the first show of the tour, so there is no set The dice. Yeah, that's gonna happen tonight. And it was wonderful.
Speaker 5: I like the Black Keys. I don't love the Black Keys, but I like them. And one of the things that my wife said, she doesn't really pay attention to them, but she said, this is a great concert because you don't really have to know any of their songs. You'd like old this yea, her point being, you know, it was her way of saying, they have a sound. It's a very they do what they do, you know, it's I'm not saying it's paint by numbers, but they do what they do, and they've mastered what.
Speaker 7: They do and it's just very you know, easy to dig. Yeah, you know. And so I thought it was a great show. I thought it was. I don't know if it was the state I was in, or the seats or at the greatness of the venue, but I thought it was significantly better than the time I saw him in Fort Worth. It was wonderful. Yeah. Then Sunday BFD all day long. We had a blast. I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 8: There's a ton of people there, meda tunnel listeners old and new, you know, you hadn't seen before.
Speaker 5: Can we say something before we get to BFD it. Please, Yes, we should acknowledge that Ben went on a heater and won four hundred dollars on a blackjack table.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's a story we have to save until Ben is back. Okay, that's there's a black jack tail that I was crying at the table and we have to discuss it.
Speaker 3: But I think we have to wait till.
Speaker 7: The big man's back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think that's fair. That's fair.
Speaker 5: We will we will couch that for later.
Speaker 7: If you were there, you know though, you know, yes, though good gun.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have fun?
Speaker 6: I mean I mentioned it earlier. It just it flew by because we were having so much fun, and not only so. The bands were cool too. So like we had interviews we were doing in between sets, and I remember I had to interview one band and then Stabbing Westward was like right there, and so we were supposed to interview them, like right next to where they were hanging out. And so the guy came out and he's like, oh man, I'll go tell my guys just to go eat something so you guys can have some quiet. Like I was just like, that's just really nice of you.
Speaker 3: To do other people anymore, no, I know. So I thought that was awesome.
Speaker 6: And then, like you said, we walked out like for five seconds out of the VIP and people just kept coming up wanting to take pictures and stuff.
Speaker 3: And it was just really cool.
Speaker 5: Fact that was my favorite part was the crowd. I thought the crowd was great. Yeah, tons of Eagle listeners there. Thank you for those of you listening that came out, and I felt like everybody had a great time.
Speaker 7: And you know, the day, it's hot.
Speaker 5: But we went out there and we threw it to Stabbing Westward and that was probably about three thirty or so, and I thought there was a pretty decent crowd for being that early in the day.
Speaker 7: For doubt, I mean, I was impressed.
Speaker 5: But then by the time we went out there at the very end before Chaville.
Speaker 8: Well Pod two, I mean oh yeah, before Pod because Pod was like in the six pm hour probably, and we were kind of shooting the shooting the bowl with them before they went on. They were cool to talk to us before we and that's when I was like, Okay, now it's packed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it kind of went up a level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was impressed with the crowd. I was impressed with the event. Again, we were talking about this earlier. All the nice people at iHeart that worked their ass off for that. I mean, there was we we just kind of show up and drink and hobnob like it's easy on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, the promo people put in so much work. But it was fantastic. Loved it. The bands were great, the vibes were great. And I'm happy that those of you that went got to go because it was an awesome event.
Speaker 8: How did y'all recover yesterday? Well, the first of all, how did I recover that night? It was a very nice shower that night.
Speaker 3: H Oh my god, that's the best shower. It was so good, the.
Speaker 6: Best shower ever. And then I had so much adrenaline still going. I kind of stayed up because I knew I could sleep in the next day too, Thankfully.
Speaker 8: I felt like I stayed up late Sunday night. We shouldn't have. And I did nothing yesterday.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I went and drank yesterday at Rollertown Beer Works, and then I got home later than I thought, and I kept drinking and I kept drinking, and I was thinking, Man, I know it's a Monday, and we didn't work, and I don't know, it still kind of feels like a weekend. So I treated it like it was a weekend, like I didn't treat it like I had to get up and go to work today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I did the same. I was drinking at two thirty last night to music. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I didn't even turn the music off until three am.
Speaker 5: How do you how do you not get full?
Speaker 3: How do you want more? I don't know, I don't know. I just I was.
Speaker 5: I just felt like I was on such a heater from the whole weekend, from the Chalk taw experience. Saturday night, we celebrated my birthday cause my birthday was during BFD, and so I went with my family.
Speaker 7: So we went out to dinner.
Speaker 5: Saturday night, and then Sunday I had BFD, and then yesterday I just drank all day. Well let's keep it going, us to watch the stars right now, all right, all right, we're gonna leave, We're gonna drink and go watch the stars. I'll never forget the time that KT looked Tyler Sagan dead in his eyes and he said, just.
Speaker 8: Let you know, starting tomorrow, I start coming into work with the mindset of a champion.
Speaker 5: And that's what will get you the Stanley Cup. Christine's gonna stick around and play music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 9: There you going, Well, I'm gonna get my sock bag, dude,