Speaker 1: Is WBZ, Boston's news radio, redefining local news.
Speaker 2: It's thirty two degrees in Boston at four o'clock and good Sunday afternoon. I'm Madison Rogers. Have you shoveled yet? The storm today has left a lot of us with more than half a foot of snow, especially north of town. Wbz's James Rojas takes us to Tewksbury, where not everyone's complaining.
Speaker 3: Driving around, I've seen a lot of tired faces, but I had to stop when I saw some big smiles.
Speaker 4: So we're Kelly Reach Andolver. We're building a little hill to sled down, and then this is like the perfect type of snow for this kind of thing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So we're just trying to build it up as fast as we can before they knock it down slowing. What do you like to do right now with all the snow? I just spled like to sled Yeah.
Speaker 1: I could get snowman, oh, snowman. So I know they're having fun. How are you doing this morning with all.
Speaker 4: The snow yet? My exercise in Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oliver and Reese were more than happy to show off their sledding skills.
Speaker 5: Here A great job.
Speaker 4: In Tewksbury, James Rojas w b Z, Boston's News.
Speaker 2: Radio, and we have more winter storm action on the way this week. Stay tuned for the four day forecast coming up in just a few There is a federal investigation and a shut down along part of the MBTA Green Line after an overnight train collision sent five people to the hospital. A T spokesperson tells us this involved two Green Line trains and happened around twelve thirty am at the East Somerville stop. One train with five passengers hit a stationary train with no one on board. A passenger reported a neck injury and was taken to Mass General for Train operators were hospitalized as well. The NTSB is responding and as of right now, the green Line is still shut down from North Station up to Medford Tufts and to Union. Shuttle service also continues due to scheduled work along the Red Line south of Jfkumass. It is Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 4: Squabble Lop Squabble Squabble.
Speaker 2: The Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles go head to head for the championship in New Orleans Tonight. Kickoff is two and a half hours away. Kendrick Lamar headlines the halftime show. President Trump will be at the game, something no sitting president has ever done before, and when it comes to the wagers, it's not just the outcome. You can bet on this. WBCs Ema Friedman explains.
Speaker 3: This year Base eight sports betters can put their money on the coin toss, and Mario's getting in on the action.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have, actually, yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'm not sure which yeah, yeah, I think so, but I'm not sure which platform we're going to use.
Speaker 3: So the Massachusetts Gaming Commission says sports betting companies can offer wagers on whether the coin toss is heads or tails, who wins it, the Kansas City Chiefs or the Philadelphia Eagles, whether the coin toss winner wins the game, and if the visiting team correctly calls it. Joey tells me he's keeping his money in his wallet and says his sports betting days are in the past.
Speaker 4: No, no more betting. Did it for a little bit when once those legalized, but no, we're staying away from that.
Speaker 3: Just enjoying the game in Summerville. I'm a freedman. WBZ Boston's news radio. In the four day, WBZ ACU Weather Forecast. Watch out if you're on the roads tonight or tomorrow morning. Those slushy or wet areas out there can refreeze. We're down to twenty three degrees in Boston tonight, as most inland spots, Sea tempts down in the mid teens. Tomorrow it is brisk and chilly, despite plenty of sunshine, Temps in the mid thirties. Then Tuesday, we see increasing clouds and a high around the freezing mark. A storm could bring some snow Tuesday night. We're looking at the potential right now for a round of inch a snow, potentially more toward the South Coast and Cape. Then Wednesday, it's a mix of clouds and sun, high around thirty and another storm headed our way for Wednesday night. This one appears to be stronger. There's the potential for snow, sleet, and freezing rain into Thursday morning, and we will continue to keep an eye on that and bring you the latest on the system as it develops. Right now in Boston, it's thirty two degrees and mostly cloudy at four oh five. Hopefully you're bundled up out there. It feels like the upper twenties in Boston. Someone that wbz's Lorie Kirby ran into in the middle of the storm in Hull earlier shows us what not to.
Speaker 6: Do, covered many many a storm, But I've never seen a woman in a bikini in the snow.
Speaker 4: Turned the fon in a bikini at Nantasket Beach. Why the heck are you in a bikini, Karen?
Speaker 5: Nature's medicine, building grit and resiliency, doing hard things.
Speaker 4: You gotta show up for yourself. And you went in the water today. Absolutely do miss a day. How did it feel? Feels like you're alive.
Speaker 5: You get a choice, you don't have to, you get to you make those choices. Aging is the aggressive pursuit of comfort. The more comfortable you get, the more you age. So I'm challenging myself. If you don't challenge yourself, you don't change. You gotta do hard things.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think should change out of the bikini from Hull, Lori Kirby, WBZ, Boston's News.
Speaker 2: Radio gearing up for celebrations marking the Revolutionary Wars semi quincentennial. It was nearly two hundred and fifty years ago. History was changed. With a climb up a steeple in the North End.
Speaker 1: On the night of April eighteenth, seventeen seventy five, Robert Newman and Captain John Pulling Junior hung two lanterns at the top of Old North Steeple, telling midnight riders that the British were coming by sea. But that was the easy part.
Speaker 7: As they're making their way down the steeple, there are British regulars that are already at the front door, you know, I believe, like knocking and jostling and trying to get in.
Speaker 1: That's Old North Illuminated Executive director Nikki Stewart. Old North Illuminated has lots of events planned mark the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary, including giving its third lantern ward to legendary documentarian Ken Burns. Stewart says it's the perfect time for locals to check out the history in their backyard.
Speaker 7: So many people tell me, oh, you work at Old North that's great. I went there in grade and like, this person may have gray hair when they tell me that. So I know that local folks don't take as much advantage of the sites along the Freedom Trail as they could.
Speaker 1: From Old North Church. Kyle Bray WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: For more on that story, check out our TikTok and Instagram pages At WBZ news Radio, you're.
Speaker 4: Now in the loop for news updates throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Madison Rogers, WBZ Boston's news Radio