Speaker 1: Ladies, gentlemen, theyse and them's. Welcome to Halloween Week with Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: My name is.
Speaker 1: Jacko and for the second annual Halloween Week, I am pleased to be your master of ceremonies. For the next seven days, we will be taking you through wicked tales and grim stories, from the paranormal to the murderous events. Starting with this evening, we will be discussing Jamie Oh Sooner, the man with a foul faces. Jamie's a man of evil, beyond belief, with no remorse for his actions, numb to the bone. However, that is more for our host to discuss with you, so I shall pass you over to them to give you more of those details. So, without further Ado introducing the hosts of Wicked and Grim, Ben and Nicole.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jacko. My name's Ben and I'm Nicole. And you're listening to Wicked and Grim Halloween Week, a true crime podcast.
Speaker 2: There we go or true crime podcast Halloween Week.
Speaker 1: It's here.
Speaker 2: It's time, finally, the preparation, the suspense, the.
Speaker 3: Boom are ye official. It is finally here. It is so exciting. I just can hardly contain myself.
Speaker 2: Oh the excitement and freaking Jacko, Jacko jack That was one hell of an intro.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's wondrous to be back freaking Jacko, the Man, the myth, the legend. Oh shit, yeah yeah, Okay, we've been planning for months and weeks and we've been talking about it. So much is happening with Halloween Week. If you don't know what Halloween Week is, Nicole tell them all about it.
Speaker 3: Well, this is our second annual, so if you don't know what Halloween Week is, you can go listen to the first annual. Then you get like two which is super cool in seven days of episodes, seven days, seven days of episodes. So it goes start today and it ends on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yep So instead of us dropping one episode a week for the next seven days, you get an episode every single day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, it's pretty much the coolest thing in the whole world.
Speaker 2: And not only that, we're dropping some other cool stuff too.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, like it's grown a little bit from last year. To be honest, I think, oh yeah, definitely, here will probably grow a little bit just because we're extra, just a little bit, just a little extra.
Speaker 2: So for example, today, as this episode drops, we are also dropping two new merch items over in our Red Bubble.
Speaker 4: Store, drawn by Ben himself, myself and fun fact.
Speaker 2: This contains It's very exciting a Jacko merch. Yes, the first ever merch available to everyone. We had one other Jacko line that was available for our patrons the very first week it opened up. That was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one week and it was gone.
Speaker 2: Gone, never to be released again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now we have a legit Jacko that anyone can buy. It's very exciting.
Speaker 2: So go check that out if you want to get Jacko on a T shirt or a coffee mug or something.
Speaker 3: Socks, you know, I always the socks are always what comes to my mind. I'm obsessed with that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this design will be applicable to socks, so it's a little bit too detailed.
Speaker 3: Okay, but we should put that hint if you're getting a T shirt. So Ben and I we pretty much live in our merch.
Speaker 1: Yes, we just do.
Speaker 3: Am I wearing one right now? No? I'm not. Actually that's weird. You have to get the T shirt? What is it?
Speaker 2: The try try Blend. The Try Blend T shirt on Red Bubble is highly recommended by us. It Oh my god, we no other merch from any sort of that is it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's our recommendation.
Speaker 2: So are you looking for her forward to Halloween week?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have been looking forward to Hellowe a week for like the last month.
Speaker 2: I know our patrons are looking forward to Halloween week. And speaking of patrons, we have some patrons to thank for signing up this past week. So we have Kristin Blood, which is ideal for Halloween week. Yeah, Will Wolski, Kevin Walker, Elizabeth Porsche. I really hope I said that right, and Alyssa Selberg amazing. Thank you so much for joining us over our Patreon. If you want to join, feel free to join. Link is down below. If not, you can sit here and just chill with us on a regular podcast episode. That's cool too.
Speaker 3: And speaking of chilling, we're gonna also be doing two lives this Halloween week. So we're doing one on Saturday, and we're gonna be carving pumpkins which will then turn into a pumpkin carving contest.
Speaker 2: Yep, so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 3: And then we're also going to be going live just for a little chill maybe Q and a hangout on Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a Halloween and Chill. Yeah, there we go non adult rated version because the Netflix and Chill. I don't want to get anyone confused with that. There.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't go there, but in.
Speaker 2: Case someone did, so, yeah, it's here. I'm stoked. Are you ready to dive into the very first episode of Halloween?
Speaker 3: I think we should just do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Well, as Jacko eluded, this is about Jamie Osuna. Now this guy. We've covered some murderers before, We've covered some psychopaths, We've covered some seriously deranged individual.
Speaker 3: Some nasty mofos.
Speaker 2: This guy chilled me to the bone seriously during my research, probably the most out of any individual we've covered.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, this has me very alarmed.
Speaker 2: So quite fitting to start off because the.
Speaker 3: Name honestly does not ring a bell. I have no idea who this is.
Speaker 2: Well you're about to find out. So to start off, I want to start off from a quote from his ex wife. Okay, in an interview with a new source, she quoted off quote, very few people are born evil. It's rare. I believe it's nurture over nature.
Speaker 3: With Jamie, Well, I mean, the ex wife is probably not going to say the best about you. But uh, that's that's deep. Actually it is.
Speaker 2: It's very concerning. Yeah, Now I'm not too sure if I agree with her. However, she probably knows a lot better than me spending time with him, being married to him. So just throwing that out there, I'm not too sure I agree that he was necessarily not born evil. I think you very much could have been. Because she's saying, it's his environment, it's his growing.
Speaker 3: Up, it's the upbringing a lot, it was nurtured, right, yeah, it makes you evil.
Speaker 2: I think it was more nature in this case.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, but this is where you.
Speaker 2: Guys get to make your own call. So listen up, I want to know what you guys think. Let's dive into Jamie O sooner shall we do? Okay? So? Jamie Osuna was born March seventh, nineteen eighty eight, same age as us. Oh.
Speaker 3: I was like, well that's a good birth the year, but uh, carry on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was only one month older than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so just young. It's a young pop.
Speaker 2: He was born in Baker's feat Kern County in California, USA, which is approximately one hundred miles north of Los Angeles. So a little bit of a geography location there for you to picture. He was born into an underprivileged, mixed ethnic Christian family. Now, on the surface level, we can predict that Jamie could probably be born into a loving family after all, like they're one of religious faith, which you know, preaches love, forgiveness and that sort of stuff. Right. However, these assumptions would be very wrong. Jamie's mother went by the name of Michelle, and her presence in his life was rather minimal. Jamie's father, however, was never there at all. When and why he left is a little unclear, but we do know he wasn't in Jamie's life from a very early age. That's said it is. Jamie did, however, have a stepfather, which is good, a man by the name of Jeff, though Jamie probably would have been much better off without a father figure at all.
Speaker 3: In my bay, so we don't like Jeff. We do not like Jeff as a douche cano.
Speaker 2: Jeff is a major douche Canoe could call him that, Okay, well done. So Jeff and no other male figures in Jamie's life for that matter, did not treat Jamie with any sort of kindness or love. He would often be subject to harsh and brutal behaviors.
Speaker 3: That sucks. You need you need at least like some authority in your life that you can look up to and learn from and adapt their habits in a sense, and decide what you like and not like, and then decide what you're going to carry on.
Speaker 2: And yeah, Jamie did not have that. That's sad, which kind of leans in the direction of why his ex wife was saying nurture over nature right now. Among the daily psychological and physical abuse that and the tortures that Jamie allegedly suffered through, Jamie was left to fight his demons completely alone. His mother, Michelle would not stick up for her son. Now, this is because she was threatened and was afraid for the subjects and tortures she would go through from her from her new husband as well. Yeah, so Jamie would endure hell such as being forced to sit at the dinner table watch all his siblings get to eat dinner while he did not, what the shit, and when he finally was fed, he was forced to eat off the floor like a dog.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yes, that is next level.
Speaker 2: Yes, soul is shit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Another event later described by Jamie's mother tells a day when Jeff kicked Jamie out of a moving vehicle while strapped into his car seat. What yeah, Holy So, after rushing back to find him on the road, Jamie's mother found him still strapped into the seat, luckily luckily sitting upright on the road.
Speaker 3: Well, the car seat is probably what saved his life.
Speaker 2: Most likely now he miraculously seemed fine, But whether or not he was fine is hard to say because Jeff wasn't about to take him to the hospital and get checked out. He just kind of shrugged off. I'm like, yeah, he's fine, and then they continued on with their day.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's like super traumatizing too. But I guess he could be at a young en off age that he doesn't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now this could be a significant impact in his life. Though there's nothing significantly found with any psychological issues with Jamie later on in life. This could be something that maybe like a bump on the head or some sort of trauma that triggered something. So there is argument of that later on. So most of Jamie's torment, though, would go on document undocumented. There we go, and can only be validated by family members, you know, kind of surrounding the incidents at the time. However, some police reports would survive and would show that his stepfather, for example, Jeff, once tied him to a tree and whipped him when he was only five years old after spilling juice on the floor.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, wow, yeah, okay, I don't even know what to say to that. That's brutal.
Speaker 2: Well, how about what do you have to say to this? Another document report shows an instant where his uncle threw a brick at him.
Speaker 3: His uncle too, his uncle, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Jamie was quite literally enduring torture and brutal physical abuse he likes, and mental for that matter.
Speaker 3: You just picture this little five year old like trying to make sure that they just don't like they're learning and everything and like their brain's a little sponge, but like trying not to screw anything up at five. Yes, that's devastating.
Speaker 2: Jamie later on in his life would go on to discuss his earlier years, and he would specifically himself say he never learned the difference between right and wrong.
Speaker 3: Huh not because everything he did was wrong basically right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he never learned the difference, whether it was from a fatherly type figure or a parental figure doing wrong themselves. He didn't know if that was okay or not to do. And if he was doing right, he didn't get reprimanded. There was no boundaries of what is right or wrong no matter which way he goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could do no right, really, and.
Speaker 2: He could do no wrong also in that same sense.
Speaker 3: Jeez, Okay, I don't like this.
Speaker 2: It gets much worse.
Speaker 3: But then I feel like I'm also not gonna like him. But this is a terrible upbringing.
Speaker 2: It's a terrible upbringing. But we're not going to like Jamie in his later years. No, So this whole time, his mother, Michelle would be subject to abusive relationships in the past, would have been sorry, subject to abusive relationships in the past. She would apparently hug her son only when Jeff's back was turned, because he wouldn't let her embrace her son. It would be you need to embrace me before him. Wow he came before Jamie ever did.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, that just shows what kind of person he is right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so she would only kind of do a little bit behind his back, and other than that she would just let the incidents occur. Otherwise, for fear of recommended on Jamie and herself. Now, later in life, Jamie would confide in his wife during a therapy session about also being molested as a child. Now, though who committed this is unclear or the facts around it again are unclear, but Jamie grew up not learning the difference between right and wrong. Like I said, this is an assumption straight from Jamie. And around the age of nine, we would get the first glimpse of the man that he would become, as he would begin to kind of be that argumentative product of his environment. He began killing and torturing animals.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh. Hat.
Speaker 2: In an interview, he recalls being home alone and putting a cat in the.
Speaker 3: Freezer okay from a live cat.
Speaker 2: Live cat in the freezer for about fifteen minutes before letting it out, then repeating the same thing but instead with an oven. Okay. Now, to clarify, he never said if the oven was on, Well.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty damn sure it.
Speaker 4: It was on.
Speaker 2: I'm going to assume it was as well.
Speaker 3: That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not that it mattered to Jamie. But when he was only about twelve years old, his stepfather would pass away in August of two thousand due to a heart attack, something that would have only taken stress off his shoulders.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, but I have it too late. Really, he already rect.
Speaker 2: Him Yeah rectum.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, brutal.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: I wonder if anyone else caught onto that before you said maybe.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So that aside, Jamie was actually living with his grandparents by this time, so it's not like it mattered in any sense. It's not like he became free either. He was already living with his grandparents. However, his grandpa wasn't much of a father figure and reportedly hated Jamie as well.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, why why?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's sad it is.
Speaker 2: Now in Jamie's ten years, his behaviors only be only worsened as he would join local gangs, begin using drugs, and of course crossing paths with the law. Now, at the age fifteen, he would be arrested for the first time with the street name Lo Keto, which means the little crazy one.
Speaker 3: Low Keto.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really hope I pronounce it right. I'm not a Spanish guy, yeah, but yeah, low keto.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: But his second arrest was a rather significant one that would write many more of his years to come. In two thousand and eight, when Jamie met a woman whose name is being protected, so we will call her Jane Jane yet now, Jane and Jamie met at a party, and the party was Jane's son's sixteenth birthday party, and Jamie was twenty years old. Jane was enjoying the evening as well, and at one point she was dancing with one of her son's friends. Now, this didn't sit well with Jane's son, that she was dancing with one of his friends or whatever, Okay, so he ended up running over to Jamie and got Jamie to chase said friend off. The only problem is Jamie grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen and chased after this guy.
Speaker 3: And did he just chase or did he do some damage?
Speaker 2: Well, he did a little bit of damage. We'll touch on that in a second, Okay. The whole situation was almost as if he was kind of like protecting Jane's honor. It seemed like even though it was the first time these two were meeting, and Jane was a bit older than Jamie as she was thirty seven and he's twenty, So I mean.
Speaker 3: I was just editing a wedding though, and it's like there was a ton of the wedding party dancing with like the parents, Like that was fine.
Speaker 2: It's it's nothing wrong with it having fun exactly. So Jamie would go to jail for this incident as he did stab the kid now the victim. Thankfully, it was okay and mostly just shaken up. His wounds were fairly shallow and by the sounds of it, sounds mostly superficial, thankfully. But Jamie would be arrested for assault with the deadly weapon.
Speaker 3: Well, and he also probably scared the shit of that person. Oh fuck yeah, Like, holy heck. I couldn't even imagining chase with someone with a butcher knight.
Speaker 2: And this guy didn't know Jamie prior to either. It's not like they were own or anything or had any history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was just like before. It'd be worse if they knew him, I think.
Speaker 2: Oh probably actually, I guess. So while Jamie was in prison, he began to write to Jane and the two had a bit of a pen pal type relationship. Okay, Jane didn't exactly think much of Jamie, but by the sounds of it, she was kind of liking the attention she was getting from him. So about a year later, in November of two thousand and nine, he was released from prison and he quickly as he was released, called Jane and he was like, hey, can you pick me up from prison? I'm out? So what do you think she does? No, she picked up Okay.
Speaker 3: I thought she's gonna be like, actually no.
Speaker 2: Nope, she picks him up. She's okay, sure, why not?
Speaker 3: That surprises me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So she drives over to the prison and he's standing there, fresh out of prison, with new tattoos across his face. Oh wow, which began his transformation to look like the Joker from Batman.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So he is donning a sinister a sinister smile tattooed from the corner of each mouth, and clown makeup above his above and below his left.
Speaker 3: Epe that's legitimately tattooed on his face.
Speaker 2: Legitimately tattooed, amongst some other smaller tattoos. But he does have these permanently on his face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to see a picture of this.
Speaker 2: On the drive, Jamie mentioned, hey, we should go get a hotel room, which Jane knew exactly what he was meaning, and she obliged.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, Okay, she's surprising me a little bit because one I thought that after he got out it'd just be like, oh, well, I didn't mean any of this, and then too like after seeing what his new appearance, I guess you could say, looks like I think you'd like want to run for the hills.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, don't judge a book by the cover. Saying that right.
Speaker 3: Now, I know, but that's I don't know. Okay, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: To say it is a bit much.
Speaker 3: Your description seems terrifying to me.
Speaker 2: It is terrifying. I'm just saying you don't want to judge a book by the cover. She knows him a little bit more on a personal level.
Speaker 3: Who knows, right, But he is also just getting out of jail too, so we are know that he's not like the best person in the whole world.
Speaker 2: And he chased someone off with the butcher knife and stabbed them exactly. So I'm the tattoos. Don't judge by the tattoos, judge by the fact that he almost murdered.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there's a lot to it there.
Speaker 2: You go for the both of them, though, getting the hotel room. It was just sex. Jane said that it was one night stand. It was one and done. That's it, and that's all probably would have been if she didn't get pregnant.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, yes, So.
Speaker 2: She quickly broke the news to Jamie. And Jamie, how do you think he took it?
Speaker 3: I'm going to say that he was ecstatic. He was ecstatic, Okay, Okay, I got one on one right here.
Speaker 2: Excited to be the father he never had. He wanted to do right for his kid, and he wanted to be there for him. He wanted to just he was so excited. He was quote like a dad's zilla, like a little Hinton wants to come here. In the next few sentences, he was a groomzilla. So okay, yeah, Now it wasn't the relationship Jane was exactly looking for. But Jamie's love for her and her family and the new kid on the way, and the kindness that he was showing her and everyone is what made her fall in love with what he was providing. She wasn't really in love with him, but she was in love with the way he was providing and caring.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it almost sounds like he could potentially turned over a new leaf here a little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred short time. So the two did decide to tie the knot. Like I said, he's a groomzilla in a good way, in a good way, caring for the wedding, making sure things are perfect, like that's oh good, not like raining down terror like he's like, oh no, we got to get the most beautiful cake like that sort.
Speaker 3: Of well, like he's actually putting a lot of attention and cares.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent, which yes, So they decided to tie the knot in February, and they had a small wedding with an elaborate cake at Jamie's grandparents house prior to the baby being born.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Then in August of twenty ten, Jane and I've put Jane and no sooner, but it's Jane and Jamie welcome their child into the world. Jamie was instantly an amazing debt. He had given up gang life, and he was caring and loving. Okay, I'm impressed, so was I until things flipped. Okay, this didn't last. The following month in September, Jamie was becoming very controlling and becoming very abusive, both mentally and physically. There's even at one point, I'm not too sure when it was, but during an argument in a fight, Jamie actually stole Jane's mother's ashes, which she never got back.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, that's the worst. Yes, I mean actually, there's probably gonna be worse shit in here. But that's terrible.
Speaker 2: That is horrendous.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: So he, on more than one occasion, would end up being arrested and sent back to jail and released for various different reasons, their marital issues and abuse being several of them. On occasion specifically was for assault, like I said, with James's wife, but their relationship crumbled over all this course of the time, and Jane would quickly file for divorce and restraining order on him, and the friction between the two of them would only intensify from there.
Speaker 3: That's sad. It seemed like he was going to go the right direction there. He wanted to do better.
Speaker 2: He did. He wanted to be the figures in that he didn't have in his life, but for whatever reason, cards weren't playing right and he just went the other way. Now was the evening of Halloween. Oohluckily enoughenty eleven when Jamie was paroled for from prison, this time with his face completely covered in tattoos. Now and his joker makeup or joker tattoos would complete his look. Wow, yeah, clown, I makeup, the big permanent smile all fixated on his face, and this is where things would take a very very dark turn.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have to do a tiny pause. What's this person's last name again?
Speaker 2: Oh? Souna?
Speaker 3: How the heck do you spell?
Speaker 2: Oh? S una?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just looking up a photo because I can't listen anymore without knowing. Oh, okay, yeah, I have actually seen this guy.
Speaker 2: Yep, okay, yep, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, Like I mean, if I passed this person on the street, I probably probably wouldn't well, I would try not to judge, but i'd also be like, wow, yeas a lot because those are prison tattoos too, right, he.
Speaker 2: Got those in prison? Yeah. Now, by around this time, I do want to let you know that he is not a very big individual. I believe he's only about like five six or something like that, one hundred and fifty pounds, but he's still intimidating. He's still a scary dude. So it was hardly a week after being released from prison on Halloween that he began to harass his ex wife, Jane.
Speaker 3: Poor Jane.
Speaker 2: One night, he began driving up and down her street, calling her on the phone, repeatedly threatening her with things like he's going to blow her head off.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, that's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Terrified, and rightfully so. Jane called police several times over in panic, hoping to receive some help.
Speaker 3: Well, she also has kiddos in there, she does.
Speaker 2: However, the help did not come immediately. Why well, Jane had essentially been triaged with several other emergency calls, and many people were waiting for the police to arrive already that night, the resources were spread thin and Jane was forced to wait. Unfortunately, Dane, so by the time the police had arrived, Thankfully, Jane and her family was okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: But Jamie was gone. But before he had left, he had made one final phone call to Jane where he said, quote, this is sorry. This is Jane quoting what Jamie said on the phone, and this is directly from the nine one one call that night. She says, quote watch the news, bitch, I killed the woman at the El Morocco Hotel.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow. Yeah, so he's just admitting to a murder and also terrifying her to the next degree.
Speaker 2: Yep. So Jane of course called the police. Yeah, and she's like, I'm curious, like has there been anything committed or reported at the Morocco Hotel And nothing had been reported?
Speaker 3: Okay, so he was just threatening her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was probably just an empty threat, or at least they thought until five days later, a hotel room staff at the Morocco Hotel called the police and reported a murder.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: One of the clean up individuals opened a room to find a bloody scene.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, in that room would have just been smelly. Yeah, really smelly.
Speaker 2: So the woman who was found at the Morocco Hotel was thirty seven year old Yavette Pagna. She was brutally slain and tortured, with graphic details remaining unreleased, but coroner officials ruled Paya's death of blunt force injuries, sharp force injuries, and exphyxiation.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So she just went through hell.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now the police knew where they were going to look for their murderer. Of course, because they had this phone call five days prior to they obviously know Jamie is on the radar, he's this immediate suspect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're guilty.
Speaker 2: So police went undercover in search and even had a lookalike officer driving Jane's car around to try and lure Jamie out of hiding.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: And it only took another five days where an anonymous tip told him that Jamie was hiding at his great grandparents' house. So they went over there, Jamie was found and he was subsequently arrested.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then he should be put in jail forever.
Speaker 2: He was definitely arrested, definitely put in jail, but he denied having anything to do with Yvette's death. Of course, during questioning, all he did was deny and obsess over the relationship with his wife. Now, any allegations that came from his wife, he said were simply just lies or taken out of context. He said things to scare her. But he denied having anything to do with the murder.
Speaker 3: Which doesn't make any sense though, because he knew about the murder before anybody else knew about the murder. But did he Well, he said some or what you think, that's just the world's biggest coincidence. So that happened.
Speaker 2: That's his argument.
Speaker 3: I mean, if it is, that's crazy. But I don't know if I believe that they would be able to also be able to tell her time of death is ishue you'd.
Speaker 2: Think they would.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: While locked up in a waiting trial, Jamie would be interviewed by a reporter where he stood by his claims of innocence, and in early twenty seventeen, his trial was set to begin. Just before he also accepted another interview from another reporter. Now that second reporter goes by the name of Olivia Lavoice. She sat down with Jamie expecting to hear the same old denial, and she hoped that some of the evidence she knew that was about to come out in the upcoming trial would give her a little bit of leverage in the interview to get him to talk or maybe get him to squirm and might get some juicy details right now. What she wasn't ready for was for Jamie to coldly admit to it all and spill every single detail about the entire crime on how he killed ve Pina.
Speaker 3: Wow, I wonder why he decided to do that, And can you imagine how would you even react to that? Because you want to get all the details, but then you're also like, shit, I gotta leave. This is terrifying.
Speaker 2: Well, she interviewed him for quite some time and got a lot of detailed out of there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she just sat there and took it all in eh.
Speaker 2: Yep. Now, a lot of the details have not been released due to the graphic nature, but he did to talk to Olivia about a lot of this stuff. And now right here, I do want to take a moment, and I do want to thank Olivia a Voice for her information and research. In this case, most of, if not all, of this information has been brought to light thanks to her work. So shout out to her. Ninety nine percent of the research for this podcast was taken directly from her stuff.
Speaker 3: Wow. So I wonder what on earth got him to admit to her. It was just like random or is there anything that you have to say about that, like in here?
Speaker 2: No? Not really. He just so, yeah, I did it And it was as simple as that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, he admitted to killing her, and his reason was he's seen an opportunity and he took it. That was it.
Speaker 1: Shit, that was it.
Speaker 3: That's a shit reason.
Speaker 2: Now, his defense in court didn't want him to plead guilty, but that's exactly what Jamie wanted to do. He's like, yeah, I just want to plead guilty. He was like, but my defense basically won't let me. That's what he told Olivia in this interview days before his trial.
Speaker 3: Okay, he probably didn't want a trial. I just wanted to move on. Like, that's exactly why I was served my time.
Speaker 1: Like I did this well, Jamie.
Speaker 2: Claimed there was no point in dragging it on. He's like, let them have their fucking closure or whatever they need, not that he cared for them to have closure. He's like, I did it. I was like, what's this fucking trial for. Basically, it was his attitude he did it. The whole court thing was in his mind useless. So during the first day on trial, Jamie was seen mocking Vett's family while they were on the stand. Wow, he simply was on there in handcuffs, yawning, using hand gefesters to show that they were talking a lot, like you know when someone like blah.
Speaker 3: Blah blah, what a freaking asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, showing he did not give a fuck.
Speaker 3: That is beyond disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a photo of him full on yawning in the courtroom when he's just like, not a singer in the world.
Speaker 3: Understand the yawn. I'm not going to super fault him with the yawn ie on and almost everything.
Speaker 2: This yawn came when Yvette's family was giving a speech in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he was probably like not paying attention, but the whole like hand gestures and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's freaking yeah, definitely. Well, the same day, Olivia mentioned to the family that Jamie confessed to her on tape. She has a confession that he did this because in the court his defense is saying he's not guilty.
Speaker 3: Huh, that lawyer should probably just give up.
Speaker 2: Well can you imagine trying to defend someone like that in court? Honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, this information gave more than enough evidence in trial, which because of this, a plea deal was agreed upon. Jamie would plead guilty and he would be able to avoid the death penalty. So that's exactly what happened. On May fourteenth, twenty seventeen, Jamie was sentenced to life without parole. And this occurred, or sorry as this occurred, Jamie sat in handcuffs giving a thumbs up to the prosecutor.
Speaker 3: What, Yeah, okay, that's interesting. Generally you're just supposed to kind of keep to yourself and like not make the jury think that you're.
Speaker 2: A complete tool. Yeah, douche canoe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a lot of words coming through my brain, but I'm like, should I say these?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This, however, was not the end for Jamie. In fact, his most gruesome act was yet to come. As Jamie said, in prison, he was considered extremely dangerous, he was not able to have a cell mat, and he sat alone. However, for one reason or another, he was given a cell mate in March of twenty nineteen. Shit Prison guards were, however, scheduled to check up on cells approximately every fifteen to thirty minutes. There's no it hasn't been clarification on when the schedule was, but it's somewhere in that window when.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to be A lot can happen in that time. Spam it can.
Speaker 2: And even still if a window or a cell is covered up by a bedsheet or something, that's a violation. They got to like open the cell up or whatever. They have to be able to see. End. Clearly, this schedule didn't make a difference. Though, seven thirty am on March ninth, twenty nineteen, Jamie's cellmate Louise Romero, would be found dead inside the cell with Jamie. It was only about twenty four hours after Louis had arrived at prison Dang. Now, Luis was forty four and had already spent more than two decades in prison for a fatal shooting of a woman in la But he had just arrived with this prison and had just been put into the cell with Jamie.
Speaker 3: Why was he put in the same cell as Jamie?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Was not in a mistake of We'll talk about that a little later, Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, however, he was completely massacred beyond belief. Guards found Jamie had cut out Louise's eyes, chopped off one of his fingers.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 2: He had also removed one of Luis's ribs, carved out his lungs, and then decapitated him and cut slits in his cheeks from the corner of his mouth extending up to his ears. Oh my god, which would be kind of a reminiscent of the joker smile.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Which is an injury or infliction of a wound, which is famously nicknamed Glasgow Smile.
Speaker 3: And he did all this in fifteen minutes. And what the hell did he have to do this? Well, well, I mean, gosh, they have lots, They end up having a lot of things in person.
Speaker 2: He managed to do all this with a single razor blade. Really, which impossible to do this in fifteen minutes. This would have been over the course of hours.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you're.
Speaker 2: Kidding hours upon hours.
Speaker 3: So the guards were not checking right clearly. Then oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Now the cell was covered Wow, top to bottom in blood splatters and bloody writing on the walls that read this, I am the man with a thousand faces. Gosh, I am not mad, I am just differently sane.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: You will never be lonely, you will never be sad. You will always have me to dance with. Now that you will always have me to dance with is apparently a reference to an old Batman comic. That is something that the Joker says to Batman. I couldn't find which Batman comic it was from, but apparently that is a reference from that. And then ha ha written in blood all over the wall.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: All these writings apparently in very surprising penmanship.
Speaker 3: And so this I guess prior to they had never decided if he was sane. I mean, I'm assuming after this they're going to check on that now. He actually was completely saying.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things we can discuss that are note worthy about Jamie, but some of the more notable ones are that he was deemed legally sane to stand trial, though at one point he was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
Speaker 3: Okay, because that's nuts, Like, I'm sorry, but like to literally think, okay, you finally get someone in your jail cell. I don't know how long you'd been alone or whatever, and then you're in your brain like right away you're like I'm going to just kill this person, and not just kill them, but like completely demolish them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, the final fact about what they found when they went into the cell is Jamie also had an necklace made of body parts around.
Speaker 3: His neck of this guy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean, I'm sorry, but to think of all that stuff, like I can't maybe killing like you're a bad person, but to have a necklace of this person's organs and you're you're fine, like you're just good to.
Speaker 2: Go, Well, he was.
Speaker 3: He was legally saying that's nuts to me.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm gonna push this a little farther though, Jamie, if you listen to him speak, he is very well articulated.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He seems extremely intelligent. Apparently he would read incredible amounts of books when he was younger, and he also began to study psychology.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So when Jamie talks about killing, when he talks about why he kills, how he kills, the feeling of killing. He uses this as a bit of an example. When someone tells a joke that is funny and he knows it's funny, he can't laugh. He doesn't feel anything. He knows it's supposed to be funny, but he does he can't.
Speaker 3: Laugh, doesn't have that emotion.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have emotion. He said, drugs began to lose their luster and killing is really the only way he can feel anything. He goes on to describe some people kill with a gun, and he said, Okay, the gun is doing most of the work. And not that I agree with what he's talking about, but it makes sense. Okay, this is why I think he's so scary, because what he's talking about makes sense. Not that I agree, but what he's saying, there's logic to.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, and you're a very logical person.
Speaker 2: So when you shoot someone with a gun, the gun is primarily doing the killing. Yeah, you're pulling the trigger, you're causing it, but the gun is causing the damage. And so Jamie saying, after like two years, he would forget that feeling. It's gone. However, the reason why he tortures is for things like the texture, the smell, the feel wow, the moment, the rot afterwards, the days afterwards, taking it in those mental pictures so he has something to revel in later on, and so he can feel for longer.
Speaker 3: Thank you for those mental pictures.
Speaker 2: Isn't that so fucked up?
Speaker 3: That's so disgusting.
Speaker 2: He is like one hundred percent a madman. Yeah, makes sense, but it is so fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, that's I just can't even believe that that poor man in the cell, Like, okay, no one would be able to hear him or anything. I'm still I'm still not over how that even happened.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's part of it. Though. There is another inmate at the time who talked to a reporter and they said that it was apparently like an inside job. Now, there's a few different theories or stuff that was bouncing around, but apparently he was given this cellmate on purpose. One of the thought processes is Luis Ramiro was a bigger guy than Jamie. I think that people were expecting Jamie to get killed, or the guards were expecting Jamie to get killed.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they couldn't even have thought that. I mean, he couldn't even have been doing this in self defense. Then at some.
Speaker 2: Point potentially potentially, hey, potentially.
Speaker 3: I mean he went a lot further than self defense.
Speaker 2: But yes, So there's never been anything to come forward about why the guards hadn't checked up on him, uh huh, anything like that where he got the razor flumb from why this guy was in there. But there's theories of it was done on purpose. Whether it was to get Jamie killed or the other guy killed is up in the air. But those are the theories that it was done on purpose and a blind eye was turned on purpose. Now, also noteworthy, Jamie actually had some pull in prison with some different things. He was harassing his exife in different ways. Letters were found where he was actually giving someone a letter with her address to go burn down her house, but that letter was intercepted. He had mailed her a dead rat at some point.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So he had some poll inside those walls. So another theory is he got the guards paid off to bring him someone so he could kill someone, so.
Speaker 3: He could enjoy killing. I guess yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he did promise Olivia in the interview that he would kill again. Really yes, He's like, I will do this again.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So also while he was talking and confessing with Olivia interview, Jamie also confessed to killing two more individuals, his first being his first kill when he was thirteen years old, and he had a mentor showing him along the road.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, because I was going to actually ask you because so far we've only talked a book two right.
Speaker 2: Yes, and apparently there's two more Okay. However, he never gave any details regarding these cases. He did give some minor details, one being a man, one being a woman. He gave ages, and then something about there being an orchard. So there are some theories on some other missing person's cases, but nothing definitive. He also said that he had left behind evidence on the crime scene with Yuvett on purpose. He wanted to get caught. He said, if I want to get caught, I wouldn't have left my fingerprints. I would have cleaned up with bleach. I would have done this. I would have done this, but I left it behind.
Speaker 3: I didn't care, like you said, doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 2: Not a single fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This, honestly, this case makes me feel sick to my stuff. Oh yeah, well it really does.
Speaker 2: He's one of the worst individuals we have covered.
Speaker 3: Like I feel nauseous.
Speaker 2: Whether he was born evil or he was a byproduct of his childhood environment, it's one hundred percent unknown. But we do know is Jamie knew exactly what he was doing and if given the chance, he would do it.
Speaker 3: Do it again. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is the case of the man with a thousand faces, Jamie Yos.
Speaker 3: And he's still alive. I'm assuming he's still alive. Awesome, that's great.
Speaker 2: But he will be serving life in prison with no parole thankfully.
Speaker 3: Oh I can imagine. But it's just like, hopefully he never is able to get his hands on anyone else. But I mean, sometimes if there's a will, there's a way.
Speaker 2: And like I said, he seems to have had poll in prison in different ways before so who knows he might be able to do it again.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, five ten years, people will drop their guard, right, yeah, and then he will probably just be ready to strike.
Speaker 2: Yep. Like I say, the worst part about this is he seems totally sane. He seems totally smart. He seems very intellectual. He studied psychology, He knows what he's talking about. When he speaks, he speaks with intent, and he speaks with truth, and he speaks without remorse.
Speaker 3: He's probably still in their educating himself, I would imagine too, with his free time and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well probably, yeah, he's very much so. He reminds me a lot of like Hannibal Lecter, not the Hannibal, not that he's a cannibal by any means, but Hannibal Lecter very educated, very smart, very calculated. Jamie is the same way that. In that manner. It's fucking scary.
Speaker 3: A lot I feel are also just the fact that he could endure the pain of those tattoos on his face.
Speaker 2: I bet you'd be pain.
Speaker 3: That would be incredibly painful.
Speaker 2: There's also actually I should mention this too, there's reports though I couldn't see any scarring on his face of myself or find actual evidence of it. But there's reports of him actually cutting his face so that his smile was scarred, just like the Joker from the Dark.
Speaker 3: Knight The Joker. This has inspired other bad things. Yes, it is, which I don't love. I don't love that at all. Yeah, huh so, wow, what a way to kick off Halloween there.
Speaker 2: Right, Hopefully you guys enjoyed that case. I mean, you can't enjoy Jamio sooner, but I hope now, hopefully you got something out of this. He's bothered me for a few weeks now researching him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, there is a couple tidbits in there that were familiar to me, but I didn't recognize his name or anything. And it's interesting. It's pretty new, really, all this is quite new, yep. But that's also something you just hear about and block the fuck out after, because that's brutal.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'll ever be able to block out this case personally. I wish I could.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes it's harder to do when you have researched it. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. It is way harder, that's true, way harder.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe to get your minds off it you can go check out our new merch which is linked down below. We got those two new ones you can go check out, which is like an American Gothic style with our faces on it. And then, like I said, the Jacko exclusive.
Speaker 3: We'll post on institute, we will about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so make sure you go check that out. Check out our Instagram, our Facebook, or our YouTube, are website or Patreon if you're up for it. Even if you're not up for that, we appreciate you being here regardless.
Speaker 3: And guess what what, we're back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We are Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So this is only day one of Halloween Week, which means there's six more to come boom, So another case tomorrow and some more stuff to come.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow as well, So time to come.
Speaker 2: Day tuned for it, but of course, until then, stay wicked