Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Capley Show.
Speaker 3: Probably did not take you long to realize I'm not Dan Caplis, slightly different tenor of voice, but I'm so grateful to be here.
Speaker 2: This is Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan today.
Speaker 3: I'll be back on Thursday as well, and just appreciate this opportunity to have this conversation with the great listeners here. As I was sharing before the top of the hour, we are now moving to a totally different topic. We're going to talk about something that really just determined probably is the number one issue the entire course of the last election, and that is illegal immigration. And I'm happy and honored and feel safe in being a resident of Douglas County. We have an amazing share of fare. And he is my next guest. He is a friend, and that is Douglas Sheriff Darren Weekly. Darren, thank you so much for joining me on the show today.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: You got it, You got it. Well, you know that this is in the news constantly. Obviously Douglas County our home, but's right up against really the Denver metro area and recently the Denver Mayor Mike Johnson, who by the way, is spending three hundred and fifty six million dollars on illegal immigrants. That's a whole nother topic, but was talking about standing up and actually utilizing the police to stand against deportations. Before we jump into that, I just want to set that because it's one of the most recent topics in this Let's start back a little bit of why this is so necessary, as you know, one of the lead law enforcement officials in our county and really in the Denver metro area. Let's just talk first again reminding everyone what has been going on because of the illegal immigration. And we're not just talking We're not talking about those who are coming here for the right reasons, even though they need to come here the right way. We're talking talking about it's opened up a gateway for all the criminal elements. What are you seeing from your position because of the illegal immigration.
Speaker 4: Well, we've had an uptick in crime. We've had an uptick in burglaries, We've had an uptick and robberies. We have had issues with Trendy oar Agua or Tha in my county. And so we've executed several search warrants, a couple of which were in the city of Aurora. So you know, I swore it out to serve and protect my community. I'm going to do just that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you know, when we were down at the border with John Fabricatory, you'll be my guest on Thursday. One of the things that we were hearing so much is true. Not only is Colora really now a border state, we're really the drug distribution capital of the United States. It comes straight up I twenty five, straight out I seventy. What are you seeing and hearing around this state because of that, as far as you know, the increase in fttanol and other drugs that are in our state, in our area.
Speaker 4: Well, our open border to the south and everybody knows us the open border to the south has opened up the fetanyl crisis that we have in our country. And again it affects Douglas County, you know, rural suburban Colorado, and we have people that are dying of feentanyl poisoning. And so you know, we have a nationwide we have about seventy five thousand people, you know, plus or minus every single year from dying from fentanyl. And where's the outrage with that? And so again, our county budget just got approved today. I just added another detective to our narcotics group just to address the fentanyl issue in my county.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: And you know, Colorado is a sanctuary state, despite the fact that Paulus and others would like to say it's not. It became a sanctuary state in twenty nineteen when a law was passed that prohibits local and state law enforcement from coordinating with federal law enforcement.
Speaker 2: How hard does that make your job?
Speaker 3: I mean, just give it. Give us a for instance of what that does. First of all, it's crazy to me because we're all supposed to be working together for the safety of the people, the citizens. But what kind of things has that and how has that impacted your job?
Speaker 4: Well, it's house built nineteen eleven, twenty four, and essentially it dictates that we cannot hold people on ICE detainers and so we can coordinate with ICE to some extent if we arrest you know, somebody that their citizenship status is unknown, or the person tells us that they are a migrant, and we place them into custody for a criminal offense, not for being a migrant, but for an actual criminal offense they commit. In my jurisdiction, we can notify ICE on that, and so when we do our normal routine clearances when somebody has booked into jail, ICE can be alerted to that. So it's up to ICE to act upon those ICE detainers, but we cannot hold that individual strictly on that ICE.
Speaker 3: De Painter, Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Now, I want to get to one of the things that now obviously is really really building up. We hear a lot of history onics on certain outlets about what this is going to look like. But let's just talk about this idea of deportation, and let's frame it by the fact that by the Border Patrol Agency themselves, the Custom and Border Institute, they actually said there's been about ten million people that have come across our border in the last three years. I mean, if it was just even an infrastructure standpoint, that can take any city or municipality. But we also know that that means there's a lot of people here we don't know. Let's now talk about the solution. Donald Trump is now elected. He's talking about deportations. What do you think that is going to look like.
Speaker 4: Well, he's obviously already said that he's going to start with the criminals first and the people on the terror watch list. That will keep them busy enough for quite a while. And then my guess is is during that process they will also formulate, you know, how to better go about the deportation process and to make that process more efficient. But to be honest with you, their hands are going to be full just with the criminals that we have in custody already and the people on the terror watch list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think and that's a great place to start.
Speaker 3: Obviously at that beginning, No, you were and you were going to say go ahead and continue.
Speaker 4: No, this is not going to be a problem that's easily solved. I don't have any inside information. I will be going to the Trump inauguration, and so while I'm out there in Washington, d C. I do expect to have a couple of meetings and to get a better idea of what this will look like. So I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 3: That absolutely, and and you know, we've talked about this a lot. It's going to start, as you said, with those who have already been identified as criminals. Those are a terrorist. And that's why I find the history onics so crazy about this, because I don't know anyone with common sense that would not want to at least start there and then look at how we can change this as it's just you know, overwhelming infrastructure as well. To that point, you know, Mike Johnson, the mayor of Denver, and granted you're not this is Darren Wakley, my guess, the Douglas County sheriff, but he was saying, and he's pulled back from this, that he would even use Denver Police department to stand up against federal agents. And you know, Ice, when this began to happen, can you just give me your gut reaction to his statement like that, That is.
Speaker 4: One of the most irresponsible things that I've ever heard an elect official say. And the fact of the matter is is that it's against the law under USC Title eight of thirteen twenty four, it's against the law to harbor an illegal migrant. Also, you're talking about standing up law enforcement officers to stand against federal authorities. Not only is that not realistic, because I know a lot of Denver police officers and they're like, yeah, we're not doing that. It's illegal. And so I just when I heard that, I'm like, did did he really just say what I thought he said? Right? It's just completely irresponsible. You know, I understand maybe it was off the cuff, but as an elected official, you have to be responsible for the things that come out of your mouth, and I just I was baffled that he said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, when you think about that, I mean, there are so many illegalities, when you think about they are taking they want to take federal money for all of the illegal immigrants that they're housing, costing Denver citizens three hundred and fifty six million dollars just last year. While saying to federal law enforcement, we will not allow you to do your job, and now taking it one step further to say, I will use the police department of the city to oppose you. I mean, what I did to appreciate was Tom Homan, the incoming borders are saying, fine, you want to be arrested, We'll arrest you. That's what Mike Johnston said, was you know, I will be arrested. I will stand up against it.
Speaker 2: You know, what.
Speaker 3: Would you say to people, because we need to dial down some of this irresponsible language. You know, there are people on you know, a lot of the more left pundits that are saying these it's going to be like Tianneman Square. You're going to see people shooting into civilian crowds. You know, I would just imagine that as we're finally coming out of the irresponsible defund the policemanment, we're finally starting to really support our law enforcement again. That kind of language has got to be challenging. What are you hearing reactions amongst those who serve, who serve as so bravely in law enforcement.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the pendulum is swinging the other way. I think people value public safety, They value their law enforcement. The defunding the police nationwide that has not worked, and a lot of local governments are now backtracking on that and funding the police. Douglas County is a great place, regardless of your party affiliation, because people value public safety. We have one of the most We have the most robust school resource officer program in the entire state of Colorado. We have more US rows and schools than any other jurisdiction. We take an aggressive approach to crime fighting into law enforcement. People know when they call the Sheriff's office, we're going to respond, no matter how minor the complaint is or how minor the crime is, We're going to show up and we are going to serve our community people. And furthermore, Douglas County, you don't see homeless individuals on every street corner. We connect those books with services and we enforce the law. It's a safe community. You know when you drive into Douglas County that things are different. Whether you're Republican, whether you're a Democrat. You know, it's a safe place to raise a family, to run a business. And so hopefully the rest of the state takes note of that, the rest of the officials and the state take note of that because Douglas County is so successful, because our elected officials value public safety, you know, and I.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate that.
Speaker 3: We're going to be heading to a break Darren, my guest Sheriff, Darren Weekly of Douglas County. You know, these issues should not even be partisan. Obviously, an election has had to shift to make securing the border a priority, but really, when it comes to the sovereignty of our nation, the safety of our citizens getting fentanyl office streets, which is the number one killer of eighteen I think to forty five year olds approximately, that shouldn't be partisan and everybody benefits.
Speaker 2: And I do believe the work that you do.
Speaker 3: Sheriff Weekly and Douglas County can be the shining example.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to be there and I'm happy to hear you know that. I've heard from many different sources that only stupid criminals ac should go through Douglas County. The smart ones go around, but now we've got to stop that freeway coming up from the border, basically of the open border situation.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Sheriff Weekly. I really appreciate your.
Speaker 3: Joining me on the show and the example that you're setting to the other areas in our state and our country.
Speaker 4: It's always a pleasure to talk to you, and thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: You got it. Take care. Well.
Speaker 3: That was my guest chair, Darren Weekly of Douglas County, talking about you know, really honestly, he said it very clearly. Mike Johnston, the Mayor of Denver. His incredibly irresponsible comment he's rolled it back, but it's out there and this histrionic response has got to stop. When we come back, we're going to talk about how our border is already becoming more secure long before President Trump takes the oath of office again on January twentieth, Don't Go Anywhere. I'm Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan Kaplis.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome back to the Dan Caplas Show. I'm Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan and having a great time. Boy, it goes quickly when we are having fun here. Want to continue this conversation. We just had Sheriff Darren Weekly of Douglas County. In all transparency, he is my sheriff. I'm in Douglas County, and I appreciate the fact that only the stupid criminals actually travel through there. I've actually heard George Brockler talk about that they go around own Douglas County, but unfortunately I twenty five goes straight up through Douglas County, which has made really a situation that is important for us to secure the border. Why because Colorado is the drug distribution capital of the United States, with drugs coming right up I twenty five, right out I seventy. Now I heard that firsthand from border patrol agents when I was on a different radio station and we went down to the border in February of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: We went down with John.
Speaker 3: Fabricatory, former ICE official, who will be joining me here Thursday as I continue on Thursday to sit in for Dan. But we heard that firsthand. They understand and by the way, Aurora and other areas being number one in auto theft, why because the at least seventy or three different drug cartels that are operating in our state with impunity because we are a sanctuary state, they still look they steal the Catolic converters, and the majority or many, I should say at least of the cars that are stolen at DIA are found south of the border. So it impacts us in so many ways that we don't even realize. We've talked about how in Denver it finally came out and there was a lot of dragging a feet to release this number. But three hundred and fifty six million dollars was spent last year on illegal immigrants. And this is at a time where other services to the citizens there are getting cut. That is not right. But there is an answer. If we talk about money, money talks, it does.
Speaker 2: And we shared in the first hour how Joy.
Speaker 3: Read is certainly apoplectic on MSNBC that Donald Trump is daring to act like a world leader already. And one of the ways he's done that is he's threatened a twenty five percent tariff on Canada and Mexico, our neighbors that we have borders with to the north in the south. What happened right away within that period, well, as we know, Trudeau flew down on November thirtieth, jetted intomorrow Lago after you know, just calling him before, and then he took it really, really seriously and right away began to talk about how they would secure the border on the north, but the more important border obviously not important as far is in value, but where so much of the traffic is coming over. And let's reframe this again when we were talking to border patrol last year, about ten million people have come across our border in the only term of Joe Biden's presidency in four years, well it's three years at the time, so even more now, but nearly ten million people. What happened right after the twenty five percent tear off threat. Well, all of a sudden, Mexico after that stopped two caravans that were heading to our border. One had approximately twenty five hundred people that had started out in November fifth. They walked for ten days after the twenty five percent tear off threats. Suddenly the Mexican government gave them bus rides to all other cities, not to our border. A second one, about fifteen hundred of a caravan, started November twentieth. It was also disbanded. And then just last week when there was also the comment by Donald Trump that if they do not secure the border and stop the flow of drugs, that there would be this action taken. Well, just last week Mexican soldiers and marines made the largest ventanyl seizure in the country's history right after that threat, and that was because at the beginning of last year there was a sharp dreat drop in the fentanyl seizures. Well, they're listening, and that's what's important, And the reality is people are safer because of it. Why in Heaven's name anyone could not support that. I remember talking to a mom who testified in front of Congress, she lost two sons nineteen and eighteen who thought they were taking a percoset and it ended up being fentanyl. And is Rebecca Keesling And she said back then, two deaf ears in Congress and to the sitting president at the time, Joe Biden, this is a war act like it do something. Well, nothing was done. Nothing was done, lip service. Let's not forget that. Kamala Harris, by the way, the borders are and it took her forever to go to Mexico. She went to Guatemala before she went to Mexico. Well, something is happening now, something is being done, and we are safer for it. When we come back, We're going to continue this conversation, and I want to hear from you. Text in Dan at five seven seven three nine. I'm Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan Caplis.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show. This is Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan. My goodness, it has gone quickly. We are winding around the bottom of the second hour.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to read a couple of texts.
Speaker 3: We've had some great interviews by the way, if you missed any of.
Speaker 2: The show, be sure to check out the podcast.
Speaker 3: In the first hour, we had Dallas Jenkins, the creator of The Chosen and the director of that, also the director of the I think new instant Christmas Classic that is in theaters right now, the best Christmas pageant ever.
Speaker 2: Top of this hour, we had.
Speaker 3: Darren Weekly, the sheriff of Douglas County, talking about why we do need to secure the border, why we do need to make sure that the deportations do begin, and they're going to start as he was sharing, and this is what Donald Trump is said. It's going to start with a criminal element, those who are already incarcerated, those who are on the terror watch list, a couple other things we talked about it. You can't as a city say, guess what, I want federal tax dollars for our sanctuary status, but I'm going to absolutely not allow federal law enforcement to do its job. We had one caller text in the first thing Donald Trump needs to do is take away all federal funds from sanctuary cities and sanctuary cities with no exceptions here here and who ah.
Speaker 2: I think that's about what I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: We were talking the last segment about how money talks and Canada and Mexico and others are listening. Another caller texted, Deborah Sure enjoyed Darren's interview. We need more strong leaders like Sheriff Weekly, very very truth. Thank you so much for texting that. Guys have a caller on the line. Jack, you are on the line from Cheyenne. Thanks for calling into the show.
Speaker 6: Debra, haven't talked in a long time. You've always been one of my favorite radio people. Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good to hear your voice. By the way, Jack, I said, it's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll go outside where maybe the phone works better. No, the first one is the first thing I'm going to hit you with is silly, and the second one is quite serious.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, bring it on, Okay.
Speaker 6: Your on your station. I keep hearing this name popping up of this John Fabricatory And is that a real name or is that a fabrication.
Speaker 3: It is not a fabricatoriation or a fabrication. It is fabricatory. And when I say that, and I practiced it a lot, by the way, Jack, I have to use my hands like Italian. He actually was the former Ice director here in Aurora and in the Colorado region and went down to the boards together. He was the candidate for CD six for Congress. A great guy.
Speaker 5: And just to really quickly insert Jack fabricatory and Italian means like to build.
Speaker 2: It's not a fabrication, so quite the opposite. I love that.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm a fourteen carrot Italian from the Bronx, so you're not talking strange stuff to make.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: The second one I heard you mentioned about Chris Wright being appointed to the Energy Secretary. Yes, I'm a pretty big investor in a lot of things. But we have about twenty thousand chairs of Liberty stock and it's fabulous. I encourage everybody to get on that. And there's one that's even better, which is TXL or making a bundle off of that one. But the oil and gas is going to come back, and that's the reason why when Trump got elected, my blood pressure drops fifteen points, well as your blood pressure. My portfolio. Yeah, yes, portfolio is going up a bunch.
Speaker 3: I was going to say it was an inverse reaction. As your blood pressure went down, the stock market shot up. The very next day, on November sixth, it shot up I agree, Jack.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know, I know I'm making a fortune. Yeah. Anyway, I love talking to you. I'd love to talk to you privately someday on some more heady topics that I've studied for years and years and years. I'd love to I'd love to me can't talk to you about some other things to fite stocks and Italians and all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, thank you so much, Jack, thanks for calling you to the show.
Speaker 2: I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, Jack was talking about Chris Wright, who Donald Trump named to be the Department of Energy secretary. And he is not only a brilliant person, he is a Colorado person with liberty energy, as Jack was just sharing, and he is someone who really understands what needs to happen to unleash our energy sector. You know, all this situation about money talks that I've been talking about, what I appreciate so much about the threat of the twenty five percent tariffs.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not a big tariff fan.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm a you know, more of a fiscal and conservative in every single way. However, if we take those things off the table, we have no leverage.
Speaker 2: And the other situation is.
Speaker 3: If we just looked at our power in that way and started like, we are a country that has power. We do we still do as the United States of America. If right when Russia had invaded Ukraine, we had released our energy sector to really be competitive and continue the pathway, We're going to be the viable option in the marketplace in Europe and elsewhere Russia. Putin would have no money for the nonsense that he's doing. Half of the Russian economy is oil and gas, and by the way, it is the most polluting oil and gas, some of the most polluting on the planet, versus our very clean oil and gas that we have right here in Colorado. So I think that that is definitely an area and I agree. I agree Jack, I think that is a bright spot, and the market did relate to that very well. Hey, I want to bring one more point up before we head to the break here. You know, I think it's interesting when there's this this saying that, oh andess gracious, this is a joy read quote. I think she gets more play here than she does on her own show on MSNBC because the ratings have gone down for MSNBC by fifty seven percent. But the reality is I saw firsthand last February twenty twenty three when we went down to the border, how the Biden administration despite claiming that they could have no real impact on the what goes on in another country like Mexico. Oh, there's just nothing we can do, that's what they were saying. Well, we've already seen that that's not the case, as they're already changing.
Speaker 2: Their policy with a terror threat.
Speaker 3: But when we were down there February twenty twenty three, I's want to give you this little example putting that in the context of what was happening at the time. Joe Biden, who started this terrible border crisis, finally finally went to the border January twenty twenty three, stood in a place called the Bridges of the Americas. Now what was interesting was I spoke to Democrats even down in El Paso.
Speaker 2: This was in El Paso, Texas.
Speaker 3: They were so excited the President of the United States was going to come and shine a light on everything they were having to deal with.
Speaker 2: In El Paso. I mean, there were.
Speaker 3: You know, illegal immigrants all over the streets and encamped and just flooding in and it was a humanitarian crisis as well as a safety crisis. Well, we found out from Border Patrol that a call went out to Border Patrol to first responders a few days earlier in January, and they all were sent to El Paso to clear out the streets, and first responders were asked to scrub the streets as they bust all of these illegal immigrants somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Then, on the.
Speaker 3: Other side of our border wall between El Paso, Texas and Warez of Mexico, one of the murder capitals of the Western Hemisphere. There previously, beginning of January twenty twenty street was a tenth that had built up hundreds of tents representing thousands of illegal immigrants poised and ready to come across the bridge of the Americas. What happened right before Joe Biden did his press conference there? Miraculously, somehow the Mexican government cleared them all out. And why was that to create a Potempkin village style press situation for Joe Biden to stand there in January twenty twenty three and have it looked behind him as.
Speaker 2: Though there was no crisis.
Speaker 3: So if anyone tries to tell you that Donald Trump is overreaching, by communicating very clearly to another country what needs to be done so that they uphold their part of their bargain of our sovereignty. Well, Joe Biden was already telling or his administration was telling Mexico to do right before his press event, So.
Speaker 2: This is nothing new.
Speaker 3: The difference is as Joe Biden and his administration did it for his purposes, and the people on Passotech has shared how sad they were afterwards that the world did not get to see the crisis that they were under. Thank goodness, now at least these communications are being done for the good of the American people and the good of the sovereignty of our nation.
Speaker 2: Well, we're heading to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, here's a teaser I want to share with you who Time magazine is considering naming their person of the Year.
Speaker 2: I think it may not be who we would like it to be.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll continue with that. I'm Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan Caplis.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Caplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show. I'm Deborah Flora sitting in for Dan Caplis. My goodness, two hours has gone quickly, but fortunately I'll get to talk with you again on Thursday, and I am looking forward to that guest hosting again. And also I'm going to be joining Ryan shuling our very own Ryan every Friday at two pm. So great to talk with you all again. Well, love that intra music.
Speaker 2: Mexico.
Speaker 3: We have been talking about how it is time for that border to get secure. It's already happening. It's amazing what a thread of a twenty five percent tariff has done. We shared how already since that happened, the Mexican President has stopped not one, but two caravans that were heading to our border. Nearly four thousand, five thousand people combined, had the biggest drug bust of fentanyl in the country's history. And you know what, citizens of America are better for it. We're safer for it. And those people that were being lured here by drug cartels, that were being actually brought into a humanitarian crisis, they're being diverted back to their homes.
Speaker 2: They're better for it. So that is a good thing.
Speaker 3: Now that transitions into Time magazine.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: They are telling us who they are considering for per of the Year, and hey, I want to hear from you be thinking about this for Thursday?
Speaker 2: Who do you think should be Person of the Year.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you one of the headliners of who they're considering. And yes, there should be like a sad sound after I say this, and that.
Speaker 2: Is Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Why, thank you, Ryan, I knew you'd be poised and ratty, my friend. That is awesome. Yes, Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: And what did they say as the reason why she may be their Person of the year. Well, they said, here are some of her accomplishments. She ran to be the first black female president of the United States. But let's really look at some of her accomplishments. Her accomplishments are becoming the Democratic candidate without any votes. Right on, there is one. I think this could be a different award. We're talking about losing the twenty twenty four election while spending one point five billion dollars one point five billion dollars, and that wasn't enough because she's twenty million dollars in debt from some reports. So those are some of the things that she's actually done. Now here is the list of other names are considering. And you know these last minutes, if you want to text in five seven, seven, three nine, which one of these you would vote for?
Speaker 2: Joe Rogan. Interesting, Maybe Kate.
Speaker 3: Middleton really thinks she's classy, praying for her health, but not necessarily shure that I wouldn't nominate her. Elon Musk possibly ding that. Benjamin Nett Yaho. Possibly he's certainly making the world a better place and defending his country. Jerome Powell, the Federal Reserved Chair. That really would be a whole mixed bag. Claudia Shine Mom, first woman President of Mexico, considering that she's finally doing a good thing with pressure from our own Donald Trump. Donald Trump is the next person on the list that they might name as the person of the year and the last one. I just don't get Ryan, tell me yours? That's about this?
Speaker 1: Mark Zuckerberg, Well, he did a one eighty I guess going back to Trump and said that he was a badass for raising his fist after he got shot.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that just directs it back to Donald Trump. I don't think that directs it to bar zucker Bernan.
Speaker 5: You could make a very strong argument for Donald Trump. But if not Trump, I think it's got to.
Speaker 3: Elon has transformed. By the way, have you ever seen the movie about h The Amazing is the Aviator about Howard Hughes in a way without as much of the manning depression that Howard You's has to deal with and awareness. Elon Musk is that kind of a visionary person who could go between oh, I'm doing SpaceX. Okay, now I'm taking over Twitter or X as he calls it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: He's even talked about taking over CNN or MSNBC, which I do think would be phenomenal. But I do think he is a very unique person. But we do want to hear from you coming up Thursday. Who would you nominate? But here's one last thing I want to.
Speaker 2: Leave us with.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the examining of what should be celebrated now. I do not think Kamala Harris for having one hundred and seventy day presidential campaign and being twenty million dollars in death with one point five billion dollar campaign is in that area at all. And it makes me just transition real quickly as we head to the end of the show, as we know, Daniel Penny was acquitted by a New York jury, and thank goodness, I can't even imagine what would happen in the future in our society if someone who every single eyewitness called a hero thanked him for what he did a marine and an architect student.
Speaker 2: If he had been found.
Speaker 3: Guilty, we would have seen hesitation after hesitation, and probably even people stopping themselves from helping their neighbors.
Speaker 2: And by the way, to put.
Speaker 3: This in perspective, right before this happened, there were so many dangerous things happening in New York. A strap had been stabbed with an ice pick, somebody had been pushed in front of another train. Thing after thing was happening. And there is actually a GOP lawmaker. This is Republican Eli Crane from Arizona is going to introduce a resolution to give Daniel Penny the Congressional Medal of Honor now, not mital Monitor the Congressional Goal Medal.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I haven't really sorted it out, but I'm really tired of our society celebrating the victims instead of those who are willing to do something heroic. I certainly think the acquittal of Daniel Penny is a step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Here's a great news. By the way, just like.
Speaker 3: Daniel Penny was willing to stand up for the people in that train. We can, as we enter into this holidays season, be a hero to someone around us, or maybe just be a fellow citizen. I always think about this time of year. Buy a cup of coffee for a police officer, buy a lunch for a firefighter, find that single mom or that military family, you know what, take him out for dinner or offered a babysit. We can all do that and we can begin to turn this country around. Well, it is great to be with you. Thank you so much for being a part of the conversation.
Speaker 2: God bless you.
Speaker 3: I'm Debora Flora sitting in for Dan Cathlas