Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today. And thank you for the support. I don't know Interstellar Starman, I don't know, buddy. I got one of the developers with me tonight. We had to I couldn't get I couldn't get Freddie Mack to like fix my problems, so we had to get someone else in the room. I don't know about that, mab. We will see. And hey, I'm gonna switch it over here real quick, guys, good evening. Thank you for joining tonight. Special shout out to all the folks in green text in the chat YouTube channel members, Gray Man, PoTA, I see you in there, buddy, Thanks for joining, Tim vic Miller. Who else is in there? Let's see Norman, I'll see you in there. Thanks for joining. Jody V five Sar, thank you for joining tonight guys. Uh huh, here we go. Okay, hey, guys, thanks for joining tonight. Ham Radio two point zero. Jason called in the beguns. I didn't actually call him. He emailed me. He's like, I got to fix for that. I'm like, okay, cool, let's do it. So thank you for joining tonight. Happy Merry almost Christmas, and I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend or holiday month. I should say I was at the hunting least for the last five days and I did not get anything, but two of the guys there got a dough. So you know, this has been a weird hunting season. I think that we've seen We've seen some really big bucks and a fewer than normal dough and I think it's because we've got a mess of hogs that are running around the property and they come out at night, and we got him on the camera feeders and whatnot. Set up my trap for three nights this time. Didn't catch anything, which I thought was a little bit strange. But the cool thing about hog hunting is that you can do it at their open season, so I can keep going on into February, March and April and all the other things. So we're gonna we're gonna see how that goes. So, uh yeah, all start tonight. So long story short, I have this right here. Let me make sure I've got this. This is not the right one somewhere up there. We go right there. Okay, so this one right here. So this is my current All Star setup, and it looks like there's about fourteen or fifteen of you connected to this right now. We're gonna turn this off here in just a minute. We're gonna spin this one down. We're gonna spin up a Actually we've already done this. Okay. So this is on a separate virtual private server on its own static IP, and we we spun up a new virtual private server with a different static IP last week and we couldn't get it to work. So I turned that server off, but it's still there. And then I get an email from Jason. I'm gonna bring him on here second with Freddy and Frank and and he's like, hey, I saw your live stream. We've got to fix for that. And I said, okay, is it like a testing fix or is it like not ready yet? He goes, no, no, no, it'll work. I'm like, okay, you want to come out to a live stream, and he said yes, and I'm like, Okay, that means you're confident if you want to if you want to come out to a live stream with it. So I appreciate his time tonight and helping us out with this because this has been four or five different live streams we've tried to do this with. But if you're connected to this All Star server, we will be turning this off momentarily. Let me bring on the crew here and hey, guys, good evening. How's everyone go ahead? Go ahead, Frank, I know you want to go. Yeah, if you want to go, if you want to go hunting like nine and ten o'clock at night, which which is totally cool, you can do that, but yeah, totally so. Uh, Jason, good evening. Thank you for joining us tonight. Tell us just a really short bit about yourself if you don't mind. Yeah, it happens. Yeah, that's no.
Speaker 2: I did send you that email. Freddy had actually pointed me Freddie or ally wanted maybe both of them, had sent me the link to the live stream and said, hey, yeah, you know this is a problem, and I'm like, yeah, I know. So we improved some of the documentary I've actually approved some document improved some of the documentation on that. There's a lot. There's just so many stuff that we're just trying to get to at the project, just to make this a better process for everybody. So I thought I would reach out to that, but I've I've helped out with all Star link here for the last probably almost two years now. I got I got roped into this. I Uh, it was started out as a itch. I wanted to scratch with fixing some issues with how Almond and Superman worked it for large hubnodes would really put a lot of load on the on the CPU. So I had written Almond three and then the project like, oh, we like that and we'll put it in there, and then oh, do you want to help us with all this other stuff? Yeah, and uh that's been the last a lot of the chunk of my amateur radio time for the last year and a half two years.
Speaker 1: So good, well, we thank you for your efforts. And yeah, there was I hit the mute buttony I accident and ecliptic twice. That's why they couldn't hear you a minute ago, Frank. So I'm gonna give you the floor again here a second, but the audio should be fixed now, guys, thank you for that for letting us know about that. Don says we should mute Frank anyway, and he's probably not wrong.
Speaker 3: Y'all love me, y'all love me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, poor freak. Yeah. So okay, so we're just gonna hop right into this. Let's see if I can keep from showing all my passwords again tonight.
Speaker 3: Dude, do we want to do a quick recap? What was the issue we counted last time?
Speaker 1: And so I'm I mean, yeah, I kind of thought we would do that, but Jason might be able to explain that a little bit. Well, Freddie and I were talking about that after the live stream last weekend. Apparently there's tell me if I say this wrong. There is a kernel that's used for cloud based operating systems that was not supported by ASL three and then okay, and that and we're going to remove and replace that kernel tonight. Is that is that an accurate description of what we're doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so yeah, some kind of right, yeah, yeah, exactly, So that's that's where it is, okay, okay, all right, good, all right, So I'm gonna turn this one off real quick. We're going to go in here and I'm going to uh shut off instance right here. All right, so you guys that are currently connected to my hub, we're gonna get booted. But every everything thing goes right, we will be we'll have the new instance up now. Jason, since you're here, we talked about this a little bit last week. Of course you did, okay, allmand versus super Mind. I would like to hear kind of like your comments on that, if you don't mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I you know, they're they're they're they're they're somewhat the same and somewhat different. You know. Uh, Superman has an older lineage, back to the older Almond two and this Superman in particular head really has really turned into a host management system, right, you know, Okay, all kind of different things. The operating system all Star link. We've gone a little bit of a different direction, mostly in trying not to reinvent the wheel, you know, the the if, especially if you use the pie appliance, you know, the you know, the pip clients image that we make the you know, the goal is to use standard out of the box tools as much as possible. That way, when you go look for documentation online, the documentation for what you're looking for, you know, an at an operating system perspective should just work. Our goal is to is to make it so that when you know you need to do something in Linux or the operating system you want to make it reboot or you know, pick a thing, we want it to work the way that the documentation online that you're going to find about Debian Linux just works.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So all on three scope is pre limited to the display and control of Asterisk and the all star Link network components and that and that's a conscious design choice, right because we wanted it to be something that's that's that's that's honed in on being the best of breed to to see who's on manage links, run astrisk commands and if you want to do operating system level stuff. That's why we support Cockpit, which is a standards based web administration system. So okay, you know, you know, the one big thing I do like about Allmond three is it was designed from the ground up to be responsive web design, so it looks really good on mobile devices as well. That was that was one of the big things we did. So but both, I mean both tools work.
Speaker 1: You know, right, yeah, I just when I when I first the first system I ever connected to had Allmand running, and this was probably one point zero, I don't even remember. It was several years ago. And then uh, and then I discovered Superman shortly after that, and at the time Superman seemed to offer a few more features than Almond did. But I know there's been an update to several of those, especially a month. Allmond three now I think is what they're up two. So yeah, yeah, so uh yeah, so this is uh, digital Dreamers, stop spamming. I don't know. It's the It's the It's the the night Bide. The night Bide is the one that you guys are going to start to love come January, because this is the one that will let me pick a word or a phrase to put into the chat and everyone types that word and whoever, and then it auto picks someone at random out of the chat and you win something. So we're gonna be doing some of that starting in January. So you guys, you guys will like a night Bide coming up. So okay, so this right here was the This was the u URL that was sent to me and I'll put that in the chat in case anyone wants to look at it. Some of you guys are more adapt at Linux than I am, so you can go read up on that if you want to, using all Star, link app, Dot, Underscore, RPT with cloud kernels. That's what we're looking at here. So what where do we need to start here? I mean I can I'm logged into I'm going ahead and turn putty on right here, so you guys can should be able to see that in the virtual camera and I'm logged in, I'm at the non root prompt for just a wan twelve here, and that's that's where we are. So do I just need to start at the top or yep? You should?
Speaker 2: You should. From where where you're at, you should be able to uh there's a couple of examples output, but most of those you should be able to copy and paste each command in and and have it just for i'd start I shougg just starting from sudu dash ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's where I was looking at starting to.
Speaker 2: But other than that, you should be able to follow right down that procedure. And if something isn't clear, I've I've I'm gonna be taking notes here and we'll update the documentation.
Speaker 1: So okay, awesome. Oh so I'm the guinea pig. That's that's good.
Speaker 2: You're not. You're not the guinea pig, but you know, okay, well you're going we write the documentation and we think it. Oh yeah, this is perfectly clear. Everybody will totally understand this. And then they get to a step and no one but us knows what we were talking.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, So we're gonna do you name space dash a to see what what the kernel is. And that might be a little bit small on the screen for some people, but it looks like it's uh linux. Uh yeah, so six dot one dot O DASH twenty eight cloud a MB sixty four Debian six dot one dot nineteen dash one dated eleven twenty two of this year, X eighty six sixty four G and U Linux. That doesn't really mean anything to me, but that's where we're at.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the magic word that whole sentence was cloud yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so yeah, we've got this. So the cloud here, that's that's what we're looking at, right there. That's what you were showing me last week, Freddy, Right, Yes, that's okay. Okay, So if we've got so if you guys are duplicating this at some point in the in the future, then if you've got this cloud kernel, this is the steps you need to overcome that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jason, let me tell you just let me let me just say so real quick for people who are you know, who are more interested in the why behind some of this. So the cloud kernel is a is from Debian and it's designed essentially specifically for virtual private server environments like you're in right now. It admits tons and tons of the hardware layers, which makes the kernel smaller. You know, there's less you know, less folks, things like that. The one downside to that is all star link even in a radio list node needs to emulate hardware and that's what we need. The kernel module that that that astrosk builds so that so you need to put the full quote unquote kernel on so you can have that emulated hardware layer even in the cloud.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, Okay, I'm good with that. Okay, So next we're gonna go Okay, so we've confirmed that we're going to do app install Linux image a MD sixty four. I don't have to do studio because we're running as route right, we go continue, Yes, so far, so good. Well that's going fifty.
Speaker 4: No smoke coming out of the computer, right, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know the computer here, it's in the cloud.
Speaker 4: That's it's somewhere out there.
Speaker 2: Let the magic smoke up.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yep.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking at the next step while this is going on. The next step is to remove cloud kernels. That's that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you could do that.
Speaker 1: Digital Dreamer. You're just you're just being on right now.
Speaker 2: And you can see right there in the output that's actually compiling the module that you need. It was the root of your problem right there. And that's one of the things we're excited about. What the new version is. There used to be this, Oh well, you can't upgrade it because dealing with the is a pain. We've resolved all that, which you know, makes it should make it pretty nice for everybody.
Speaker 4: It's been so much more expandable in my opinion, just seems like it's future proof as it were.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's that's kind of the goal here, is to make it as future proof as you can, right. So that's kind of what started this whole nonsense, because I was because I think I long story short, and I was telling the guys this before we went live. But I said this on the live stream last week too. I had this running on a pie on a Raspberry Pie two for a while when I first put it my first radio list node, and there would be three, four, five of us that went on there, no problem at all. And then I made the mistake of one night doing a live stream called all Star q SO party, and like thirty people connected to it and it just completely shot shot the bed.
Speaker 4: As they say, it took a nose dive.
Speaker 1: It took a nose dive quick. So Raspberry Pie two did not like that many connections. So I'm like, you know what, I wonder if this would work in the cloud. So yeah, that's what brought this all about.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Seven or eight live streams later.
Speaker 2: Here we are well and our and our and honestly our one of our goals is that you'll never have to do a reinstall again. We Debian is an operating system, is upgradeable between versions. The goal is that will release packages that will just upgrade just like Debian, and you won't have to rebuild and reinstall every single time. That that's that's the goal. We don't want you to have to do this again.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right. So next we're going to remove the cloud kernels, which is this whole line.
Speaker 4: Right here to remove Why.
Speaker 1: App removed dash, why de package, uh Linux, grep the cloud a w K print whatever. Okay, there's a lot of stuff in there. Okay, let's put that there.
Speaker 4: Basic nomenclature.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's looking for things called cloud.
Speaker 1: Okay, O me. Okay. You are running kernel version Cloud and attempting to remove the same version. This can make the system unbootable. It is highly recommended to abort the kernel removal unless you are prepared to fix the system after removal. And I just I want to abort the kernel removal. I want to click note of this just to see if it blows up.
Speaker 2: You want to so, so you want to say no, specically, because that's that's the right answer.
Speaker 1: Right yeah. So it just it doesn't seem to like what we're doing, and it thinks that we're gonna foo bar something. So but I'm you know, again, we've got our old backup server. So if we do food bar something, it wouldn't be the first time. Okay, I'm gonna handle no abort kernel removal. No, let that go. Okay, we're back to the root prompt. And it does say that in the documentation. You guys can't see the documentation because I've got the Putty window hiding it, but it does say in the documentation a box will appear warning the kernels about to remove select no, and then it says to reboot. So you want me to reboot?
Speaker 2: Now, yep, you got you have to switch over to that new uh, that new version of the current.
Speaker 1: Right to the booted current. Okay. So as as root, I'm just going to take reboot and there we go. We lost it, okay, So we'll give that a couple of minutes for the reboot to happen and then we'll go from there. So these these instructions here are pretty pretty darn good. So far, so far, so good.
Speaker 4: My experience with Jason and a d I. He's a wealth of knowledge, number one. But I love his instructions.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: If I don't understand, he explained them well to me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's what you want, right, especially for yes, especially for somebody like me, which I you know, I know enough Linux to blow stuff up. I can get in trouble with it pretty quickly. I mean I can kind of bumble my way through it. I did actually take a red hat course back in the day. But yeah, sometimes sometimes I scare myself.
Speaker 4: I've got I've got really lucky. At my part time job, one of my coworkers, who's a also in tech support but he's at full time employee, is really well versed in WN twelfth and arch Linux. I just throw him a question in Boom. He's like a savant. He's got the wow there on his head and he's thank me so much.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: All right, we're logged back in. It came right up it let me let me log back in. Just find so after reboot, check the the U name again. So we're gonna do that. You name space dash a tye and the kernel is sixt one dot O DASH twenty eight am D sixty four. There's no the word cloud does not appear in that name.
Speaker 4: That's a good sign.
Speaker 1: So that's a good sign. Okay. Depending on your platform, you might need to create an m OK for kernel modules. Is documented in the uf U e f I Secure Boot Test. The boot as follows Okay, so we're gonna do this line right here.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I hope, I hope you don't have a UFI system, because that'll be a whole other live stream.
Speaker 1: Oh boy. Okay, Well, knowing my luck, this is I will we'll have a uf SIM system, but we'll see. Okay, so enter it says biosay is the result. Okay, there you go. Hey, guys, my wife send the chat tonight. She just checked in. She's in Mexico City, flew down there this morning for for work. Oh wow, So so ask her send her your tequila orders in mescal and she'll try to sneak some back on the plane for us. I don't know, probably not, probably not, but we can ask. Doesn't hurt to ask, all right, so we're good with that. It will print EU. Yeah, I'm sorry you e f I for secure boot that needs the mks for BIOSes to everything else does not need a them. Okay, all right, so I didn't do that. It said bios so we're good. Next one, now, ensure that the development headers are installed APP installed. H why linux headers? That's easy enough. You named ah ka boom.
Speaker 2: You didn't like it, didn't I do that? You gotta do that. It's route often.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let me go, let me go back to sudo dash ass. There we go. Okay, sudo not a big deal here, Jason. But after you reboot the system. The first step you had above was become root, and you don't have that after reboot the system, which I should I should have known that, but you know, nope, I just.
Speaker 2: Took a note to put that back in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were. You were asking for updated instructions as we went by. So okay, you know.
Speaker 3: You're making all the Lynx people upset saying pseudo sue instead. That's putting pseudo in front of everything.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't care. I used to do. I used to do like s U dash our s U space dash L. So there's a bunch of there's there's a bunch of different ways to do it, I guess. So all right, okay, that's done. Reinstall the dotty d k M S kernel so it builds the modules. That's what we're doing here.
Speaker 4: Who's your dotty, who's your Doddy? You had to do it?
Speaker 1: Oh I know it? Yes, going there, going there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're traveling now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there it's going. It's taking its own sweet time to do this. Whoo oh, there goes, there goes Yeah, loam set. It's sat there at zero percent for an uncomfortable amount of time, which which is to say, more than a second or two.
Speaker 2: So what anybody's a programmer? No, creating a progress bar is one of the worst tasks you can ever be given in a in a computer program. I agree with that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 3: How do you define progress?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, m hm, that's right, that's right, okay, the okay, so the installation should look something like this. This is actually in the instructions. Let me turn off the putty window. This right here, it gives you this whole large layout of what it should look like. So that's hopeful information right there. And that's pretty much what we're looking at here as well. Let me see setting up yep, done, yep, dotty dash dummy or underscore dummy dot ko dotty dot ko and dottie underscore trans code dot k yep. Okay, that's exactly what we're seeing on the putty window right now. So that worked the way it should load the dotty module? Am I saying that right? I'm probably a bunch of Linux head explosives because I'm saying that wrong.
Speaker 2: That's actually exactly how you.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's I would spelled. I don't know. Okay, that's done. Check the module is loaded with ls mod. Okay, that was mod all right, bump okay, oh yeah, okay two five eight o four eight zero twenty. Okay, So I guess that's what it what what we're looking for?
Speaker 2: Yep, that's you got it? So you're good to go. Okay, since you haven't already started, then what I would if you if you have astrisk already running, I'd restart Asterisk at this point.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it starts up automatically when you reboot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you'll have to you need to reboot it after you rebuild the kernel because it tries to access that device specifically as H.
Speaker 1: So, do you want me to reboot Asterisk or the whole thing?
Speaker 2: No, you can just restart Asterisk.
Speaker 1: As T E I S A S I just a S A S T tab forward, buddy. That's the way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, except it doesn't know how to spell it either.
Speaker 4: As to risk, it's a it's a it's abbreviated A S T R E.
Speaker 1: S S h Oh, it's not the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, my script file that just restarts it.
Speaker 1: There you go, okay, system ctl restart. Okay, good, there we go. Okay. Now, now we installed Almond three last week, Freddy, so should we be good to go with that or we do we need to do any updated You think.
Speaker 4: You remember the password to it? Uh, just go to your IP address of your server slash Almond three and let's see if it comes up.
Speaker 1: Well, let's try that. Uh, it's going to be right here. Well three, yeah, that looks good. Let me turn off puddy.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good sign. Make sure that the Chrome windows here, you guys can see it. Okay, good, I'll.
Speaker 4: Get into the cloud here.
Speaker 1: All right. Now, I gotta see if see if I'm showing because last week we weren't showing up on on the all Star link website. So let's do that. I'm just gonna search for my call sign. Well, it's still not reporting. I don't think of course, this this this one kind of this one kind of this website is a little delayed. So you guys, someone try connecting to four three three six. There's several stations out there that have an autocnnect script set up, so we should be seeing connections right now. I think.
Speaker 5: You know, I just tried from my hub and it didn't go through, so we may want to check and make sure that are And I want to say we did this last week, but I can't remember now.
Speaker 1: You know what that the week we changed that password? What is what password is that that we have to change? Oh? Oh, it's the it's the hub password, the.
Speaker 4: One that's on the website.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one that's on the website. Yeah, all start link this one right here. If I were if I go to this and uh portal node settings these nodes right here, Yeah, don't hover over it. No, I'm not going to hover over it. So I did change that last week, and I think I changed it to something different for the old because I think we showed it. So I think I just reset everything. So let me, uh, let me go over here, and I don't remember where to go. Let me let me see what the password is.
Speaker 4: Just go to okay or hover to the right of your node number.
Speaker 1: And now I've got it. I've got it. Okay, So where do we set that in? Uh? In putting in s S H H.
Speaker 4: Type an ASL dash menu.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh, we're getting to do that from the guy. Okay, hold on, let me let me change that so everybody can see what we're looking at. Okay, all right, good Node settings right, all Star nodes setup menu.
Speaker 4: That's the one update. Now you you may show off your password if you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'll just I'll just turn it off there you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's pretty close anyway. I'm not sure, yeah, but it's pretty close.
Speaker 1: Node pass Okay, it is, it is. It is the old password in here, so it's not that's that's why it's not logging in at Okay, got that set uh and then back and I'm going to restart asterisk yep. It says, says that I need to restart Asterisk now yep. So let's go there.
Speaker 4: And you know, even last week when you spin on your old server back up a little while before, it took all Star connections and took echo link right off.
Speaker 1: The bat right it that was that was also a password issue. I had typed the wrong password. I well, I ended up changing it on the website and then I went and changed it back to what it was before because I changed it like three times because I kept sho I showed it once or twice. I was like, I'm gonna change it here. So that was a password issue also, but it wasn't Oh there you go, there it is. We got N one ju are connected, K four l s W connected. Freddie, go ahead and try you guys. Uh, there you go. Freddy's in okay, No, K four lsw's transmitting.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh and he's got a Roger beep that sounds like he's from the space station. I'm totally envious of that. Now.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Bill's connected. Okay, good deal. K five KR five ee is connected. Who else? Let's see, well, hey, you know what this is working? Look at that.
Speaker 4: Let's try our Superman real quick. So okay, same address.
Speaker 1: But yeah, just Superman. What's that? Yep, that's there too.
Speaker 4: Now do you remember your password and our user name in log that you with. I used to I used to know English use your name word for that for that website as well.
Speaker 1: I do, yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: Well, we got the customization for that, so we.
Speaker 1: Got someone connected via Echo link as well.
Speaker 4: Oh sweet, this is awesome. Okay, welcome to the future. Right now, refresh your page. Well, if you if you type your user name in password and you just hit enter usually yeah, to rest refresh the page for the buttons to show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've noticed that before. Sometimes if you just click on the note, it'll do it right.
Speaker 4: And that that that initiates a page refresh. So, uh, just under where it says nodes. If you log in in correctly, you'll get a little notation that pops up there. It says log in failed or what have you.
Speaker 1: So I didn't see that. Let me try once more log in. Oh it does. It says login failed.
Speaker 4: We meaning to change that password.
Speaker 1: Again, okay, and we're gonna do that in the putty window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let me look up that. I can never remember that command line, but I have a note on that. But you'll just go to the go to the command line.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're there, and go to var.
Speaker 4: We're going to change directory that is to slash var, slash www, slash html slash Superman, and then we're gonna go pseudo.
Speaker 1: I'm logged in his route.
Speaker 4: Okay, then h T password all it's h T P A S s W D space dash lower C upper B as in Bravo Space period. H T P A S s W d space and your user name, which I think is your call sign.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Now enter and it'll ask you for a new password, and you might check and see if it's masked.
Speaker 1: It is. Yeah, it's yeah. This uh this h T P A S S W D is usually masked. Yeah, adding to okay, good, we're okay. That that looks good.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it's necessary, but I always like to restart asterisk here. But it's liable to kick everybody.
Speaker 1: If is that going to kick everybody?
Speaker 4: Go ahead and just try it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna you should need to reach there to ask for I can.
Speaker 4: Remember there it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that worked. That worked. That is okay, okay, good, So I've got uh, okay, so I've got hold on. Let me just copy that and go here three Okay, I got both of them, All on three and Superman both running right there. I don't know, I'm kind of used to looking that Supermond, but I like the look of all Month three. I think it's a little bit sleeker.
Speaker 4: Looking on three is great for the cell phone. It's very dynamic.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if you grab that window, if you can make it. If you squish it to the left, you'll actually see like columns drop away and then the manual will disappear, so you can just look at it on the phone. Okay, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good. Cool. Kate k E six G A E is connected? Sorry, not connected. I don't know what that means. What is the all star Oh, the all star number? The NOE The hub number is four three one three six four three one three six Yeah, M five skts in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just put it in the chat for you.
Speaker 1: Good, awesome, there you go.
Speaker 4: I can't seem to get my zoom window back.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, uh stop sharing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing for nam me. Well, that's somebody's having fun.
Speaker 1: Are they sing? I meant to bring my sherry note in here. It's it's still in the truck. So I'm gonna go get after we end the livestream, ugle get it and connect kind of listen to see what's going on.
Speaker 4: So let me be the first to welcome you, Jason to the future.
Speaker 1: That's right, so the but we got there, right? Yeah, Well, so the test for me will be to let it run for a few days, maybe a week something like that and see what kind of connection issues people hopefully hopefully don't get now. Having said that, I haven't really seen that issue happen much lately. For whatever reason. It did happen after we spun up, after we spun down this new server and spun back up the old server and got everything going last week, and I changed that password back and you saw those everyone start connecting. Mike Ko four PDI he hit me up the next day and he said, uh, hey, man, I can't connect. It's acting like it used to it. And I'm like, well, okay, and I tried it. I was like, there's eight or ten people connected right now, so I know it's up and running. I was like, but later that day I tried it myself. Maybe it's the next morning, I tried it myself and I couldn't connect either, So I rebooted it through Supermond and boom, it worked again. But that's the first time I've seen it do that, and it kind of surprised me it did that because we literally shut the whole thing off and had it off for an hour and a half and then booted it back up. I don't know, that's like the hardest reboot you can do. Yeah, so, uh so it surprised me that it did that. But after a soft reboot again, it worked fine. And I haven't rebooted it since then until wen til we shut it down here just a little bit ago. But but that that issue kind of very random, very It kind of comes and goes like it'll happen two or three times consecutively, and then it always seems to happen every time I get on a freaking road trip and I get in the truck and I get halfway down, you know, I get on the highway out of my house, out of my neighborhood, and I start going and I hit the button because I got an auto I got a DTMF button on my icon. I just hit the button and it auto keys up and Dallas star three four three one three six, and it is like cannot connection failed. Connection failed, And I'm like, oh crap, it's gonna require reboot. I should have checked this for I left the house, and I always forget too. But that's the thing. So, uh so it haven't done that in a while anyway. But that yeah, so my my true, my true test here is going to be let this run for a week and see how it see how it works. So I'm gonna try my best to be connected to this and uh, you know, see how it sounds, and see how it works, and hopefully, hopefully you guys will it's not reporting stats back to all Star K E six g A E says, well, let's pull that up real quick. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 4: Your new server IP addressed? Is it in with one?
Speaker 2: Five? Oh? That that's that's old Freddy I put. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I put that back when he before he changed the password.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's my fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just saw that too. I was like, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I finally found my zoom window and I had minimized that somehow, and when I there, I'm like, okay, I'm it's normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see four three one three six showing up on the website stats dot all star link dot org. Is that a setting somewhere where it says to report back to? Seems like that seems like that was a setting I saw somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a there's a command that does that. It should it should be in there by default. But I'm not sure what what all has happened before tonight, right, I mean it's a pretty it's a pretty easy thing to look for if you will, if you don't mind editing the configuration filed or the rpt dot com file directly.
Speaker 4: By all means we're only thirty eight minutes into this life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, we got plenty of time. Okay, i'm i'm I got a new S S H window open? Where is that? Tell me where that is?
Speaker 2: Again? Because I can't slash etc, slash asterisk, slash rpt dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what I need?
Speaker 4: Well, you're gonna want to nano that.
Speaker 1: I know. I did a CD instead, but that's okay.
Speaker 4: Story of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just nano. Oh Linux guys cannot spell. This is why I should be Linux guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Why did they name it astros? Why couldn't they name it soap or soap that something easy to spell?
Speaker 1: I miss typed do so I don't have an excuse. All right, all right, we're in there now.
Speaker 2: Uh I can't see it. Can you put your window back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure I can, I can put it back up there. Yeah yeah one second here, uh puddy, all right, there we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so do a do a uh I don't use NANO much. I think do a search. I think it's control. See do a search.
Speaker 4: For the for the controls. He's a roight yea?
Speaker 2: Is it control? See to find?
Speaker 4: I can't. I've never used finding nano and I'm trying to learn VI.
Speaker 1: I like VIET. I've always used M.
Speaker 2: I always support the use of them.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: I can tell you what the right commands there are.
Speaker 1: See. For some reason, I was on a livestream a while back and I was using VIM, and people are like, use M. Everybody's got an opinion about everything.
Speaker 4: And it was for learners like MS, for the experts.
Speaker 2: I just don't know the commands in NANO.
Speaker 1: I grew up using VIM, so I I grew up using VAI. And when I discovered them, I'm like, this is the stuff right here.
Speaker 4: You get an extra slash in there, Jason, I don't think it's hard.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh that's hard to see with that dark blue color in there.
Speaker 2: Do colon and then say set beg equals dark, set space spaceg equals dark.
Speaker 4: Equals trailing characters.
Speaker 2: Not hyphen dark equals dark g equals.
Speaker 1: Dark colon set space.
Speaker 2: Equals equals dark yep.
Speaker 1: There we go. Oh that's better. Okay, all right, what am I looking.
Speaker 2: For in search? Search? Just do a search for s T A T p O s T. What is that control C no slash forward slash s T A s T A T P O s T.
Speaker 1: Okay, uncomment the stat postline to report the status of your node.
Speaker 2: Hit hit slash a couple more times. Is that the only place that appears, because it should be inside it? Well, sorry, you got it. You gotta hit enter and then slash type slash. Can I love driving v I remotely? I'm sitting here. I'm sitting here, moving my fingers, trying to remember.
Speaker 4: Right muscle memory.
Speaker 1: Okay, So right underneath that line it says stat post and it's commented out with a with a semicolon, says stat post under you underscore r L equals stats rollstring link dot org forward slash U handler.
Speaker 2: But there should be one more hit hit enter again and see if there's another one in there. Do one more time slash an inner slash enter Yeah, yeah there, okay, yeah, So so it should be inside your four three, one three six. No, man, so it does say it should be posting.
Speaker 1: It should be yeah, okay, it's it should be posting to stats, do Austin, it's posting now see it. Okay, so you see it now you can.
Speaker 4: See the bubble chart too.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you're right. So that's just so it's just slow to that website is just slow to update for whatever reason. So yeah, here it is right here. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah yeah. Jody says your stats have updated while you were poking around, and I'm like poking around because of you, buddy. But it's all right, hey man, Yeah, it's it's uh, it's it's it's trial and error, trilling error. That's good, right.
Speaker 2: The one thing you may also want to change I saw on that can thigureation. I'm not sure how that got set where you have the very top the node lookup type you have set the file I would reckon.
Speaker 4: We tried that. Yeah, we can change that back. We tried that last week. It was a little thing that Tim had showed me when I was having trouble with my cloud people connected to my cloud server, and we changed it to file. But we can check that back.
Speaker 2: I know why he I know why he Tien told you to do that. We fixed that. That was when we we utdated the DNS to root fifty three a couple of weeks ago. All of those weird glitches like that should have all been fixed it. No one's complaining about it anymore. Let's put that.
Speaker 4: Way change file there back to DNS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, i'd say both.
Speaker 4: I usually use both both, both of.
Speaker 1: Us left, okay, tell me that it's been a long time since I used him, even though I do like it better. How do you edit again? Hey, I I and then you can there you go, okay, both, yes, sir, and then to save it escape colon, cape colon and then uh w.
Speaker 2: Yeah w Q.
Speaker 1: Writing quit. Yeah, okay, it's been a long time since I've used VIBE. Like I said, I prefer it, but everybody's always like used nano, used nano, like whatever. Nano does have the commands all down there at the bottom, so it's a little bit easier from that way. But I still do like it's.
Speaker 4: A good place to start.
Speaker 2: And at some at some point you don't have to do right now. At some point you want to restart astrisk to pick that config change up. But you know, whenever they hurried file, it's not that file doesn't work, it's just DNS will update quicker.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, good, this is awesome, possible, this is good. Yeah, this is this is really good because we've got twenty three connections right now.
Speaker 4: Sweet. So can you update your website Jason or your him dot two dot com slash.
Speaker 1: I'll have to Yeah, I'll have to go in there and uh and update the m the for the auto the auto forward to.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 1: Have to remember where I did that. I think I know where I did it.
Speaker 4: I try to save your Superman link on my Superman's page. So I'm going to jump right to it and see. It helps me when people are accidentally keyed up and stuff like that. I can trace to see where it's coming from.
Speaker 1: Right right, It really helps.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm probably gonna point it to all mine. Honestly, that's fine instead of Superman fun but kind of like I kind of like looking at all mind just it's just different.
Speaker 4: You can't reboot from Almond three, can you, Jason?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Theoretically you could if you want to. Yeah, if you want to add a macro and things like that. But so the interesting thing about a hub node is you're sort of the quasi uh, You're kind of in the quasi mix between and A clients and not. So. Yeah, you can add it as a DTMF command and then just send that as a cand inside the video. Yeah, or you could install cockpit on your VPS note as well and do it from there and it would match the online directions out. Both of those are viable options, right, so.
Speaker 1: If I log in so so when I log in to let me switch the screen here to this and turn this off. So when I log in here to super to all month three, it's not going to give me the option to reboot.
Speaker 4: Not by default. Not by default, we'd have to work up a macro. I got a video where we can make a DTMF code that's better for the field where you're in range of an RF. But having it on the.
Speaker 1: Remember my password was.
Speaker 4: Having it on the dashboard is a convenience. It's on the Supermont.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, well, let's keep it at super Maybe we can do that in another video later on Freddy, let's get I'll keep it at the Superman for now.
Speaker 4: And video auto that to add that command into all one three, So that'd be great.
Speaker 2: I don't think Superman will reboot on a on a modern debbiean Ast will it it unmodified? It does well.
Speaker 4: When I go into my Superman on my hubnode on line node, it reboots it. When I tell her the server, it reboot.
Speaker 1: And it's got a it's gotta let me switch the it's gotta it's got a button right here for server reboot.
Speaker 2: They must have a pseudo hook or something in there to do it.
Speaker 6: They must have Yeah, they would have to yeah, yeah, yeah, So okay, awesome, awesome, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Let me change that right now. It might take a little bit of a short while to update, but I'll go ahead and just put that as the with the new IP address that way. H So, what he's what Freddy's talking about, if you guys don't understand, is that I have a u ur L set up at ham Radio two dot com. Forward slash all Star will take you to that to the Superman page, but it's pointed to the old server right now. So I'm going to update that right now. Let's see destination you are o. Yep, all Star Save side's running slow tonight, good.
Speaker 4: Okay, Christmas season. Everybody's on the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Did you say that your l one more time?
Speaker 1: It was a ham Radio two dot com yep forward slash all star okay, obviously all one word. Okay, So yeah, so I've just updated that. It might take a little bit of time for it to update to the new server, but that should take you to this page that I'm showing right now, which is this is my Superman page. This is my admin Look, so you guys don't have the log into this, but you can at least see who's can and.
Speaker 4: It's showing up.
Speaker 1: I just gotta okay, good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great. Look at all connections. Goodness great, I know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and see see on the online page, it tells you right at the top, twenty three connections and supermind. I always kind of have to look for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think it's you may have to add it. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 1: It's not showing me right now. I always have to count. So I really like to see. I like to be able to look at it and say, oh, that's how many people are online right now?
Speaker 4: So a configuration. Hit display configuration, okay, and show a number of connections. You should have a pop up window.
Speaker 1: I have a pop up window. It's not showing to you, but show number of connections is clicked on as clicked to yes.
Speaker 4: Already mine is too, but I want to click it to yes and hit update and just see if it changes. Maybe I'm missing it. I've been known to miss the obvious. There is now twenty five notes connected. So change it to no, hit yes again and then hit update.
Speaker 1: Change it to no and then yes and then update.
Speaker 4: Right, But you gotta hit that display configuration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm in there.
Speaker 4: I can't see it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it's it's just not popping up there. Okay, where are you seeing it.
Speaker 4: Now, very bottom of the column there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it is there. Yeah, yeah, it's right right there, twenty four nodes connected. Now it says, okay, good. That's weird that you got to turn it off and on again. It's a Linux system. You shouldn't have to turn it off and on it. Let's see Jody, thanks for the clouds for her fund.
Speaker 4: Right seven point four, I've heard rumbling. Seven point five is right around the corner, but I don't know what that means. I don't know what the what the new upgrades will be. So there's always something and in the future we put I'll scan on there too if you.
Speaker 1: Want yeah, that all scan program is kind of neat. Kyle and I we're looking at that a few months back and I was like, yeah, I want to do that, but let's let's get the server yeah updated first, and so finally, after so much angst, that's all done. But yeah, good well, Jason, thank you very much for the help you out. That document you had was fantastic or very easy, very easy to follow.
Speaker 4: So November eight, echo India as your call signed right, Mike R Jason.
Speaker 2: And yep, that's me.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just going to get on.
Speaker 2: I wish there was a better way to swap that around. It would make it a whole lot easier, but they're just there. Doesn't seem to be so I might. I might actually end up putting a command in the ASL three package itself to just do it for people automatically. That might be an easier way to go with it.
Speaker 4: One stop shopping is always a nice thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, the biggest issue is how do you tell someone that they need to do it because you can't quite It's complicated. I was explaining this to Alan the other day, Like the way that the packager works, it's not synchronous, so I can't just stop here install and say, hey, wait a minute, this isn't going to work right kind and then it scrolls off the screen. It's so it's always a trick to try to figure out what the right way to flag some of that stuff is.
Speaker 1: Exactly okay, Yeah, well we got it going, and it's it's a public U r L on the website, so it's out there.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how happy I am.
Speaker 1: A lot of work then a lot of work. Yeah, dude, Freddy was sending me discord messages after the livestream, is like, man, I'm sorry, I'm looking at it. I'm like, I'm like, dude, it is not your fault. You didn't write the program.
Speaker 4: I really didn't think it worked for me on line. I just knew it would work on Dreamcast. But everybody's got a different flavor, and.
Speaker 2: It totally depends on what what your provider uses as the base install that they gave you. It's that's it's just the roll of the dice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They really was awesome, very good, very good.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I think hey, we're gonna do a one hour live stream tonight. I haven't done that a long time. Boy, So I got an email earlier this week. The guys from Epoch Batteries reached out and if you recall, they were on they were in the chat. I think that was the happy hour I did last month at on Black Friday. They were in the chat and they gave away one hundred one of their hardened one hundred amp hour batteries and uh and a lady named Amy won that and she's received the battery it was. They sent me the shippy info. She's got it and everything, so all good there. They want to come onto the live stream next Sunday and give away two maybe three batteries. Oh yes, so so yeah, So we're gonna be uh, we're gonna be interviewing a couple of guys, I think a couple of guys from Epoch Batteries dot com. And they're gonna tell us about the company and how their batteries are made and that kind of thing, go through some brief history of whatnot, and just kind of to talk about lithium iron phosphate batteries for an hour or so and give away a couple couple of free batteries in the live streams. You guys, be sure to join us for that, because that's gonna be fun. They seem to be very interested in getting into the amateur radio community. And these these are batteries that are used a lot of the times for people with van and r vs. They're they're batteries that you're not you're not gonna you're probably not gonna want to buy one of these batteries to just go out and do a pode every now and then. But if you're like living in a van down by the river, you you're this is the kind of battery that you want because they're gonna be very dependable, very durable, very rugged interfaces with the Victron system, very well, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Mike says he loves these batteries.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. So anyway, that's who's gonna be on the live stream.
Speaker 4: Next week, next week, next.
Speaker 1: Week from today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice, nice group of guys. And he was he hit me up in discord and I'm like, I'm like, the guy's name is Will and he hit up the discord and he's like, uh yeah, So he goes, I'm like, is this well he goes, yeah, he goes, Man, I'm surprised you're in discord, He goes, Dude, I used to be a huge gamer. I'm like, all right, you're good man. I'm not. I don't have to explain how to use discord to you.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm hearing that more and more. I didn't realize this discord was heavily used among gamers, and that's where it started my co workers who are twenty one. Yeah, that's what that's what do you use it for?
Speaker 1: Not that that? Oh boy, yep, that's always something good. Well, Jason, thank you once again, buddy. This was easy to follow, worked well. Looking forward to testing it out for the next few a few weeks or something. I'm sure to work fine. It's it's it's working fine right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm happy to happy to jump on and help because we're we're, like I said there before we got live, you know, we're I think we're pretty close to declaring this stable. There's a couple there's a couple outstanding issues you want to fix. There's a twang in audio and key and a couple of them. That's it's more of an annoyance than it doesn't work. But it's one of those things that's like, oh jeez, okay, that that's back again. A couple of fixes with auto patch that we want to get nailed down and not like development is going to stop like the last time. I mean, the goal is is that we're gonna keep improving stuff, but we want to. We want to. We're close to I think, get in that place and say, okay, this is stable. You can go put this on your most important systems. That's that's that's where we're at.
Speaker 4: I think, good, good, excellent, And thank you for me too, Jason. I appreciate you showing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, fred happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And Freddy you've been a huge help as well. Well, yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Freddy's been one of Freddy was our earliest evangelists on upgrading to a s L three.
Speaker 4: So I'm still that's good, it's great.
Speaker 1: It's good. All right. Well, guys, thank you once again for your time. I hope everyone has a good evening. I will I will see you guys this week. I have a so if you go out to sharkrf dot com and look at their new uh M one k they call it a mic. So, Mike you have a ham radio tube. You got a competition. Now, Mike, there's a mic transceiver from Shark r F. That's my video tomorrow. It's already premiered for my patrons and my YouTube channel members. Go out there and check that out. It'll go live worldwide tomorrow. So appreciate to appreciate you guys being here. And okay, Frank, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Real real fast. Coming up on my channel tomorrow is my gadgets for twenty twenty four what I use mostly and live stream coming up my first live string of next year. I think I just looked at the calendar. Is gonna be January twelfth. It's my birthday live stream. I got something exciting are gonna be doing. It's gonna be awesome. Put that on your calendar six pm January twelfth. We're going to have some fun and and and if you're a l liked the Tank Radio mugs, watch my Twitter account. There might be a couple popping up for sale. Watch watch my all my socials and you'll see that when that happens.
Speaker 1: Super awesome. Yep, well, okay, cool, thanks guys, really appreciate it. You guys, go out and use the All Star system for three one three six is where we'll be. I'm gonna go get my note out of the truck and hook it up and i'll be on there in a few minutes. So seventy three dollars, thanks for joining.
Speaker 4: Thank you everybody.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 2: Later y'all,