Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Cirk get them dives makes the cat backhand signed.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Think you're looking real hot, Come in get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 6: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 4: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I got it best.
Speaker 7: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our top ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot. Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Kays, who's ready for a little day baseball? Hi, everybody, and I'll welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on Day. Hope you're well on this Wednesday afternoon. You're a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty and ten on this season, back atop the NL West and all alone in first place after back to back wins over the Miami Marlins. The Dodgers look to finish him off on this Wednesday with the sweep. As they look to finish off this homestand on a winning note, with the return of the catman Tony Gonsolin on the prow. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at twelve to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We'll hear from former Dodger manager Joe Tory as David Vats will go one on one with the Hall of Famer coming up in just a little bit. We'll also hear from Matt Sower, last night's winning pitcher. We got your Dodgers magical Moment, your prize picks, double Play of the Day, an injury update, and shortly we will head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Boost and visit with Rick Monday and Tim Neffett. Well. Last night, the Dodgers scored early and often and helped out the bullpen as the Dodgers in the first inning found themselves down one to nothing, but that changed quickly. First pitch show, Heo Tani saw a home run to right field one hundred and fourteen miles an hour off the bat, his seventh of the season, his first as a dat his first in nearly two weeks, as the Dodgers tied the game up at one, and then they were off and running. Later in the first ta Oscar Hernandez with career double number two hundred.
Speaker 5: Minfielders will be even with the bags all the way around and ta Oscar lefts it into center field. A diving attempt is off the Chestnick Dame Myers Freeman will come into score, rounding first and heading per second and end with a stand up run scoring double is ta Oscar Hernandez and the Dodgers are taking a two to one lead.
Speaker 1: Ta Oscar with the RBI double that is the top tier play of the game. Brodger by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers up two to one, and they were just getting started. Tommy Edmonds saffly Dodgers with three runs at the bottom of the first of three to one toa. Oscar Hernandez again delivered with an RBI double in the second, Dodgers up four to one, and the third Andy Pai has an RBI single Dodgers at five to one. Then later in the third inning, Mookie Betts starting to catch.
Speaker 5: Fire second and third two down one two pitch and Mookie lops Win in the left center field.
Speaker 7: That's gonna get down for a hit.
Speaker 4: Pie Has comes.
Speaker 5: In to score, rounding thirds Conforto he will score, and Mookie Betts comes up with a two out, two run single and the Dodgers lead hit seven to one.
Speaker 1: Mookie delivers with the two run single. Dodgers up seven to one. You see a theme here. The Dodgers just kept on scoring. Will Smith the two run double, nine to one. Dodgers Lee Tommy Emming a two run double. They were up eleven to one. Dodgers were up eleven to two going to the bottom half of the seventh inning to Oscar Hernandez an RBI single. Dodgers up twelve to two. Dodgers would tack on more in the eighth. Pie Has a home run, Rohest and RBI double to Oscar again an RBI single. Dodgers fifteen runs on eighteen hits. Plenty of offense for a bullpen game that saw Matt Soer go five solid innings, gobbling up innings like pac Man. One run, five hits, four strikeouts, He helped out a bullpen that needed some rest. Jack Dryer went two innings. Luis carcn inning, and then Keith hernandez Don de Helmet and po the position player pitched the ninth inning. As the Dodgers go on and blow out the Marlins last night fifteen to two, a season high with fifteen runs, a season high with eighteen hits, and a season high with four stolen bases. Dodgers clicking right now, winners of four in a row, all on the top of the NL West. They sit at twenty and ten on this season, and they look to finish off the Miami Marlins on this Wednesday afternoon. With Tony Gonsolin making his first start in six hundred and twenty one days, The cat Man is back. Let's heat out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Tim Neverert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, well, thank you, Jaman, good morning as we get sent for this ballgame today, the third and final game of this three game series between the Dodgers and the Marlins. Dodgers won the first two last night just to blow out fifteen to two's. The Dodgers had a season high runs and a season high in hits with eighteen won seven to six and ten innings in Game one Monday night, and we'll go for the sweep here this afternoon an early game. Overcast guys right now, but expecting pleasant weather for the ballgame today is Tony Gonsolin will make his twenty twenty five debut, his first major league appearance in over twenty months, and Cal Quantrille will pitch for the Marlins and mo Last night, the Bats came to play, sho Heel Tani tied the game after the Dodgers went down one nothing. He came up and hit a frozen rope into the bullpen in the right field corner. Two more runs came in that inning, and a lot of guys had good nights at the plate.
Speaker 7: You know what's strange. I mentioned this last night as strange as it was. Fifteen to two was the winning margin Dodgers fifteen runs on eighteen hits, and yet that was the thirteenth come from behind victory because the Marlin has jumped out in that very first inning and scored, So both of the victories in this series have been coming from behind. And I think if we look at the office for really top to bottom, now we're seeing more production. We also saw another insert of a dimension we don't see a whole lot with his Dodger ball club. That's the fact of four stolen bases in last night's game two. So just picking some spots forcing the issues and you combine some good offense. And what a job by Jack Dryer last night who had the spots start he went too And for Matt Sower, he went five innings, one run, five hits, was old, did not walk a batter, and you talk about a big boost, and the entire bullpen says thank you very much.
Speaker 5: And the business of baseball unfortunately caught up to Matt Sower because he was optioned back to TRIAA today to make room for Tony Gonsolin.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and you start to look at things. I mean, with Sour going the five innings in last night's ballgame, he was not going to be available for a number of days anyway, so you're able to kind of manipulate that roster. It works out well. Sour can get some rest and for Tony Gonsol and he's had way too much rest and raring to go, and hopefully, I mean, here's a guy that comes back. He is had you know, setbacks. From a physical standpoint, it's been a long long time. It's nice to see him on the mount, and hopefully he enjoys it.
Speaker 5: Andy Pie has three hits in the game, including a home run. Last night, te Oscar Hernandez a four hit game, four runs batted in. Those guys are getting it done.
Speaker 7: They're getting it done. The Dodgers as a team are getting it done, even though they're just just six out of the last ten in the win column. They regained first place, sole possession of first in the Western Division. Now a game in front of San Francisco. San Diego, who's lost seven to ten. They dropped to a game and a half back Arizona and then the Rockies. In the Western Division.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers have won four straight. The Marlins have lost four straight. With the win last night coupled with a Giant's loss, the Dodgers at twenty and ten, now a full game in front of San Francisco and a game and a half in front of San Diego in the National League Western Division standings. It is a school day here at Dodgers Stadium. Plenty of school buses pulling up and lots of kids will be in attendance today to see the Dodgers and the Marlins on this afternoon Matt and a getaway day game as the Dodgers wrap up this home stand. Marlins Dodgers coming up, tim.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans get that game.
Speaker 4: Day meal on it.
Speaker 1: Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are you doing for lunch? What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: A Shaky's dot com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vesse throughout the show, our Dodger insider.
Speaker 4: He's gonna go one on one with Joe Tory.
Speaker 1: We'll break down this pitchy matchup with the return of Tony Gonslin. We got your prize picks double Play of the Day. But up next your o TONI you rewind and we'll hear for the man last night who gobbled up five Indians out of the bullpen. Matt Sower picked up his first major league win. We'll hear from him next. If you lean jump to Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers. A game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins. Final game of this three game series. Dodgers going for the sweep. Dodgers wrapping up this six game homestand hopefully on a winning note. As Tony Gonsold makes his return after twenty three months coming back from arm surgery. Cal Quantrill, the veteran will go for Miami. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani ree.
Speaker 5: Why in the right handed wines and delivers and show, hey drills one teep to right field.
Speaker 4: That ball's gone a.
Speaker 5: Laser beam in the pulp pen on the right gam pinter and Otani's got home on numbers seven of the times the game. What an absolute rocket, one hundred and fourteen point one.
Speaker 8: Miles per hour off the back.
Speaker 5: He just absolutely obliterated that baseball. There goes Otani, pitch us up high for a ball to throw is into center field. That will be a stolen basse.
Speaker 1: For Otan show. Hey, Otani goes one for four. Last night, you heard the stolen base You heard the home run on the first pitch that he saw from Sandy al Kontida last night in the bottom half of the first inning for show Hey Otani. Now he's got eight stolen bases on the year. Home run number seven on this season. His first home run with that Dad strength as the proud new pop Uh.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers get the win last night fifteen to two. It was a bullpen game. Matt Sower, who has now been optioned back to Triple A Oklahoma City, was huge last night for the Dodgers. He soaked up five innings, one run, five hits, four strikeouts, picked up his first win in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: And afterwards talked to David Vesse.
Speaker 6: He was a bullpen game for the Dodgers. The Dodger offense cooperated and so did this man right here, Matt Sour after being drafted in twenty seventeen, wins his first major league game. How does it feel, Matt?
Speaker 2: You know, surreal I grew up coming to the stadium. I grew up in San Luis Obispo.
Speaker 6: Coming to Aaron.
Speaker 2: Getting my first career win and Dodger Stadium is very surreal to me, just very glass to have my family here as well, so everyone got to see it, and it's just an awesome moment.
Speaker 6: How easy was it to pitch or easier to pitch with that type of lead and do what you had to do to save the rest of those guys down there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, Coming into today, I knew that the goal for me was a pitch bulk and the offense jumping out in head and giving me that big league gives me the confidence just to throw everything. You know, found the zone and get ahead, and let's roll with it and try to eat as many innings as possible.
Speaker 6: How many family and friends did you have here tonight?
Speaker 2: I know my parents and my wife are here, so that's a mostesome horn.
Speaker 3: But I think we got quite a few.
Speaker 2: I'm not even my wife as the whole head count. I'm not even sure who's here.
Speaker 6: Hey, you delivered for them your first major league win. Congratulations, Hey, you I appreciate it. There he is Matt Sour whiskey, sour, sweet and sour whatever you want to call him. He's got his first major league win.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call him pac Man, as he was gobbling of a and innings last night for the Dodgers five innings, one run, five hits, four strikeouts, Just what Dave Roberts and the Dodgers bullpen needed last night in a fifteen to two win. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents Dandy by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, David Ves goes one on one with Joe Tory. Up next, soh an injury report and we'll hear from the manager.
Speaker 4: Himself, Dave Robbers.
Speaker 1: Leading up to first pitch on this Wednesday, It's the return to Tony Gonsolin Dodgers taken on the Marlins.
Speaker 4: First pitch at twelve ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Maron Goo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday as well. Lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and the Marlins. Morogo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Tony Gonsolin makes us to start, is first since August.
Speaker 4: Of twenty twenty three. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 1: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glastall on the IL with the right shoulder discomfort, Blake Snell on the IL at the left shoulder soreness, Blake trin It on the IL with the right forearm strain. Tony Gonsoln finally back. We have been mentioned to him on the injured list since the end of August and twenty twenty three, but here he is, twenty three months later, back off the injured list. Congratulations to the cat man. Will dive deeper into the pitching matchup coming up in just a little bit. Happy birthday to Michael Kopek, who is spending the day on the injured list with the right shoulder impingchment. All right, let's heap back out to Dodger Stadium and check out with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 7: Anything else, Dave?
Speaker 6: Do you questions for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 3: In the dugouts.
Speaker 6: With Dave Roberts, Tony Gonsolin on the mound in a Major League stadium for the first time since August of twenty three, what's realistic to expect from him today?
Speaker 10: Well, he's he's ready to go. I know he's anxious. I see a full start. I expect to see him get into the sixth inning.
Speaker 4: All right, there's Dave Roberts, short and sweet.
Speaker 1: He expects Tony Gonsolin to give him some length today. Remember he was built up last October, did not pitch for the Dodgers, and he is ready to go. Here on this April afternoon, when we continue here on mag Casito Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David Vatsey get to the very latest.
Speaker 4: We're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Base.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Marlins. On this Wednesday, Tony Gonsolin makes his return. Cal Quantrill, the veteran will go for Miami first pitch coming up pitch.
Speaker 3: Twelve ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 4: And David now joins us.
Speaker 1: It's a nooner at Dodger Stadium, final game of this three game series, final game of the six game a homestand Dodgers and Marlins and David the cat Man is back on the prow. Tony Gonsolin returns.
Speaker 6: Yeah, It's interesting how Dustin May and Tony Gonsolin's careers have kind of, you know, been parallel to each other as far as coming up through the Dodger system at the same time being heralded as prospects and also being injured around the same time and missing as much as the same time. Tony Gonsolin's taking the mount today in a major league stadium for the first time since twenty twenty three, just like Dustin May did in his first start of the season, and Dustin May talked about the emotions that he had and was going to have during the first couple of starts of the season. I asked Tony Gonsolin whether or not he has those same type of emotions.
Speaker 5: Not really.
Speaker 11: I feel like I've been doing a pretty good job. Maybe it'll hit me once I'm actually out there on the field in front of our you know, I I because it's a day game, so our thirty five thous instead of our nice fifty. But yeah, I'm just excited to get back out there and try to help the team win.
Speaker 6: As you could tell a guy that is not very emotional tim but certainly when he's warming up in that bullpen and when he takes that mound, it's certainly going to be gratifying that the work paid off. And here's another layer to all this. When we spoke to him on Monday, he did tell us if the Dodgers needed him to pitch in last year's postseason, he was healthy enough to do it. So he's been raring to go for quite some time up until he injured his lower back in the weight room during spring training. So hopefully he could stay healthy moving forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dodgers need him. David has driven by fourth. There's one thing we like its choices.
Speaker 1: Find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough This mark YEP can only be called the F one to fifty. Clayton McCullough, a smart guy, Dodger first base coach now manager of the Miami Marlins in his first season, David, how's that going for him?
Speaker 6: It's going really well. A very cool night the first night of this series where basically the entire team came out of the dugout before first pitch to hand him his World Series ring and show a Otani. Tim went out of his way the first day here at Dodgers Stadium to come out on the field to greet Clayton McCullough. The reason why that's a big deal for any other player, it wouldn't be, but for Otani, he never comes outside for batting practice, so that was rare and certainly something that he wanted to make a point up to come out and see his old first base coach that helped him achieve being fifty. They really did a lot of video work together to identify pitchers moves. So it's a big deal. And Clinton McCullough, you know, he's part of a analytic team, a low payroll team, and they're doing things that are very unorthodox. Instead of bullpen sessions in the team's bullpen, they're having pitchers throw to hitters instead of their bullpen sessions. You might have noticed in the first two games of the series, with less than two outs, no matter who the hitter is, and if there's a runner at third base, they bring the infield in so unorthodox things And.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's the Gabe Kapler influence.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're trying everything they can in Miami when they're not spending money you got.
Speaker 6: They're trying very different things here toom.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, Gabe.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouns every race day. Don't miss the biggest dirty party west of Kentucky, Mother's Day dining and free Fridays with drink specials. Go to Santa Nita Die slash you fins Coming up here on Dodgers on deck. Well time deeper to this pitch matchup, but up next your Dodgers. Magical moment leading up to Dodgers and Marlins first pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Katsis is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball leading.
Speaker 1: Up to Dodgers and Marlins on this Wednesday afternoon. It's the return of Tony Gonsolin, six hundred and twenty one days since his last outing back from Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 4: He'll be on the mount. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 6: Who wants that hot?
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: We go back to July fifteenth, twenty seventeen, the Dodgers, after the All Star break in Miami, taking on the Marlins, a day in which Cody Bellinger became just the ninth player in Dodger history to hit for the cycle.
Speaker 8: And he drills one into right field and it gets over the head of Stanton. Now here's Bellinger on his way to second, Bellinger on his way to third. Will he get the cycle? Yes, Cody Bellinger? What hasn't he done this year? He hits for the cycle four to four to begin the seventh inning.
Speaker 4: Cody Biello.
Speaker 1: Cody Bellinger becomes the ninth player in Dodger history to hit for the cycle. The franchise is first rookie to hit for the cycle. He singled in the first at a two run home run the third, added an RBI double in the fourth and as you just heard, his second career triple on the first pitch and the seventh inning passed gen Carlos Stanton who slides into third base for the cycle. Cody Bellinger back in two thousand and seventeen. This Hofee magical moment, brought to by Hafey Hot talks Offy Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hot Dogs Local.
Speaker 4: It's so great.
Speaker 1: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check you on Rick Monday and we got your prize picks. Double play of the day. That's all coming up and leads up to Dodgers and Marlins. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 4: Season long, Dodgers and Marlins.
Speaker 1: On this Wednesday, Tony Gonsolin makes his return for its pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 8: Got him with the two for one hard shot to third droves the second on the first double what double teams?
Speaker 3: This is the Prize Picks double Play of the deck.
Speaker 1: Join me and millions of other baseball fans playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: It's so easy to play.
Speaker 1: Just download the free Prize Picks app and when you sign up for free, use the code go blue. You're gonna get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 4: That's the code go blue. At Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: You just picked more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to two thousand times your cash, strikeouts, walks, RBIs, singles, doubles, first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks. It's so easy to play and so fun to play as you're enjoying the game. So join me with the code go blue at Prize Picks. Here's my two picks today, show Hey Otani, he's eating up folks. More or less a half a hit? Come on, I'm gonna say more than a half a hit for show, Hey Otani. Freddie Freeman, more or less a half a hit. They scored fifteen runs on eighteen hits last night. They may not do that again, but I got a feeling Freddie Freeman is gonna get on base. More than a half a hit for Freddy Freeman and more than a half a hit for show.
Speaker 4: Hey Otani again.
Speaker 1: Sign up, use the code go blue at Prize Picks, Run your Game.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Bass saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, it's the much anticipated return of Gonsolin and the Dodgers kind of need him back.
Speaker 7: Well, they need him back and they need some innings. Here's the deals. We talked about it last night again and for Dustin May went five and a third. Okay, fine, but that meant that four and a third innings or cover it again by the bullpen with that game going ten innings in last night's game. So if we look at the last seven games, the bullpen has had to supplement the starting rotation by thirty four innings of work. And they're going to get a workout today. There's no question about it. How long Gonsolin we'll go, we'll find out, probably not stretch it more. I'mould imagine there's a pitch count and maybe a maximum as far as the number of innings.
Speaker 6: The one thing Gonsolin told us on Monday when we spoke to him is that he doesn't have any new pitches.
Speaker 5: Rick.
Speaker 6: What he's learned is watching the game for the last year and a half is that he's got to be better at attacking the strike zone.
Speaker 7: Well, if he attacks the strike zone, that's a leg up on a lot of pitchers who are pitching from behind and trying to things. I mean, Tony Gonsolin understands how to pitch. If you look at the fact, you know, here's the other part. It has been twenty months since Tony Gonsolin has competed at the major league level because of injuries and because of the surgery. The first thing he has to do is understand, Okay, back, I'm back on the mound. I understand what this is like. I've been here before. Fight the emotions, because I'll tell you what, there's going to be adrenaline going. I mean, it's been twenty months as he's been out there and being able to compete at this level. That is a big, big burden to get over with, and hopefully he settles in very quickly.
Speaker 6: When you look at some of the Dodger hitters Rick. Max Munsey told me yesterday he feels like he's starting to get closer to being the Max Monthsey that we know.
Speaker 4: Have you seen that as well?
Speaker 7: I mentioned three days ago in the pregame show that I thought his batting practice session was getting better and better and better. That doesn't mean you're going to be guaranteed hits in a ball game, you know, I think back, I have experienced it myself where maybe you have a really good back practice session and you go for five, or maybe it's the opposite direction. You don't have a good batting practice session and you go three for four. There's no guarantee. But I like the fact that Max Munsey is taking better, not only batting practice, but better approaches. And by that, I'm talking about not trying to pull the ball all the time, because what are pitcher's trying to do. They're trying to keep the ball away from him because they know he can drive it if he gets a hold of it. So if he goes to power to left center field slightly the opposite way for a left handed batter, he'll stay on the ball a little bit longer. He has a tendency to pull off the ball. As we see show, Hey Otani now over the last couple of weeks has been pulling off the ball.
Speaker 6: Otani talks about posture, Rin, does that resonate with you? Is that something that the.
Speaker 5: Other past year is?
Speaker 7: Fine? He has an unusual stance to begin with, and you have to be extremely strong to have the stance initially, because his hands are almost shoulder height and out away from his body a good foot foot and a half. You have to be strong to start from that position to begin with. I couldn't do it. I don't know how many people look good to it. But his posture is all well and good. But where is he finishing up? He's finishing up a lot facing the first base dugout for left handed batter, first base dugout, or even the on deck circle for the visiting team on the first base side. That's pulling off the boat too much.
Speaker 6: Here's something for you, Rick. Do we take for granted that this guy had labrum surgery on his left shoulder. How much do you believe that's still a residual effect of just everything.
Speaker 7: I think we take for granted that he's going to hit a home run each and every time he goes to home plate, people don't leave their seats. Yeah, vendors don't move when Otani is coming up, whether it be here at Dodger Stadium or somewhere else. That's just a fact, Jack, That's what we see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody has their camera phones up too when he comes to the plate.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a few million photos I've already been taken this year.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Rick, and we'll look forward to seeing you on the plane tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tomorrow, bright and early.
Speaker 6: All right, be there, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan? How about starting your future at California Community College? Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes phill up quickly, so en roll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 4: Still to come.
Speaker 1: Here on Dodgers on Deck, we got a preview of this pitching matchup as Tony Gonsolin makes his return. Tim and Rick club the keys to the game. But up next, go high and tight it with former Dodger manager Joe Tory. Dodgers Marlin's first pitch to twelve ten. I'm Tim Kase's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Marlins.
Speaker 1: Tony Gonsolin makes his returnable dive deeper into the pitching matchup coming up. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zinchi Sushi. Handkraft is whoshi made fresh on side daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision passion in a tradition you can trust. They got it all tu in a roll, salmon rolls, tempura, shrimples, poke bulls. They got him there fresh for you at Ralphs at the near the deli counter. Pick up one today, enjoy a little baseball with some zen she hand crafted sushi. It's the best, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight, all right, Tim, We are joined by one of my all time favorite Italian Americans, Tommy le Sorda, used to say, I like him because I'm Italian, not because he's Italian. And with my mom being born in Trieste, Italy, obviously we have a strong connection to any great Italian Americans who have built this country, no doubt about it. He is fifth all time in wins as a manager. Can you believe there's only one person on this earth that can say he had two thousand hits as a player and at least two thousand wins as a manager. He's a batting champion, he's a two time Manager of the Year, he's a nine time All Star, and more importantly, he's a champion, a four time World Series champion with the Yankees. And that is former Dodger manager Joe Tory. Joe, great to have you, and man, it is awesome to have you back in Los Angeles.
Speaker 9: You know, David, it's great coming back. You know, when I left the Yankees and I had the opportunity to come out here, you don't know really what to expect. But the one thing I did learn when I came out here is the passion the fans have and the Dodgers really have a following. That was so reassuring for me.
Speaker 6: Joe before we get back into baseball, I definitely want to shine a light on the reason why you are back in Los Angeles. It's your annual Joe Tory Safe at Home Gala, which is coming up this Thursday. And this is a special one, Becau because the proceeds benefit Safe at Homes Margaret's place, and with the fires that have displaced not only families but students, a lot of these proceeds are going to help build a safe at Home at the Series building on Third Street Promenade for all those Pally High kids and the kids that are affected from K through twelve.
Speaker 9: Well, it was so devastating, it was so frightening. And then to see the result, you know. And of course last time I was here, we went out to Pally Hide, you know, just hang out with the baseball team, and Billy Crystal was nice enough to come out and join me, and we had a little chat with the baseball team, you know, because it's devastating all of a sudden, you know, you're a young man, you're going to school, you're playing on the baseball team, and all of a sudden your school is gone. But the one thing about it, and we tried Billy and I tried did stress to the team. You know, that's that really unites you together and you rely on each other because it's tough going through life by yourself, and and you know, I think the team concept really really was magnified at this point in time. But I'm just pleased now that we you know, we were able to do some good and go out and talk to the kids at Pally and it was great that they were able to, you know, have a Margaret's Place. Margaret's Place obviously is named after my mom and be there for the kids because that's our future, David, as you know, and you know, we're we're pleased to do it, and I'm very touched that, you know that it's been received so well in the in the LA area, we have we have more Margaret's Places in schools here in Los Angeles than we do in New York. And that's where that's where we originally got started.
Speaker 6: That's special eighteen Margaret's Places in the area of Southern California, Los Angeles. And to support this great cause that Joe Tory started in honor of his mother, go to joetry dot org. They are trying to help those that were displaced those kids that were displaced by the fires in Altadena and the Pacific Palisades. Joe Tory is our guest, and Joe, since you're with us, I got to ask you. There's been so much hype around the Dodgers, and there's been so much talk about trying to do something that only your Yankees have done in the last twenty five years, and that's repeat as champions. What does it take to repeat as world champions in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 9: You know, that's a great question, David. You know, you set your goals and you know when you finally, you know, achieve winning a World Series. I can't say you celebrated all the time, but you know, if you if you say you know, you reach the top of the mountain and you sort of exhale. It's so important to realize that you have to validate that and you still have to go and start all over again the next spring and realize that, you know, you have to prove that what you did last year was not a fluke. I think once you stop to admire what you've accomplished, you stopped doing it. And I had a good group obviously that just never got tired of winning and just felt an obligation to go out there and try to get back to the top of the mountain again.
Speaker 6: Being around these Dodgers, it doesn't seem like there's complacency, Joe, but it is a long regular season to even get to October. How did you treat the one hundred and sixty two game marathon the following year?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, he goes and you know you've got the great manager, Dave Roberts, who you know, he always has that half full attitude, the glass half full. You know, you really have to find a way to get things done. You can't dwell on things you don't have. You just have to, you know, accentuate the things you do have. My first year, we lost David Cohne early in the year. He had an aneurysm, and I remember Don Zimmer saying to me, you know, if we lose Cone, we're you know, we're in big trouble. But you have to find a way to move on. That's the nature of the Beasts. You know, you work for six seven weeks in spring training, you get get ready for the season, and you owe it to yourself, you owe it to your team, and you owe it to the fans to go out there and find a way to get it done. And Dave Roberts is that guy in my mind, even though I didn't like him very much when he sold Second Date back in four but I got over that. I finally got over.
Speaker 6: That, by the way, And how many years later.
Speaker 9: I still have wake, you know, I still wake in the middle of the night sometimes, but I maybe it'll roll over. So but it's not easy to do. Uh. You know, once you get to the top of the mountain, everybody's shooting at you. And they they always put on their Sunday best when they play you because they know it's a feather in their cap if they beat the Dodgers and they're the world champs. So it's just something that you know, you've got to, you know, have a strong backbone and and understand nobody's gonna feel sorry for you, so you better get out there and work hard.
Speaker 6: Great wisdom from experience from one of the great men to ever put on the uniform as a player or a manager, and that is the one and only Joe Tory. Joe, thank you so much for the time, and man, thank you again for doing what you're doing in Los Angeles. The Safe at Home Gala is on Thursday. If you'd like to attend or donate to a great cause that is helping so many kids out there, go to Joe Tory dot org. I'm telling you, nine time All Star people only bring up what he did as a manager. He was a great player, catcher, third baseman, batting champ, the one and only Joe Tory.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, David, Thank you, Joe Tory.
Speaker 1: Check out his foundation all the great work that he is doing in the community. Great to hear from the former Skipper Hall of Famer, no doubt. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game day, it's.
Speaker 1: Group day as shakys dot com or lead you up to first pitch on this Wednesday, Dodgers and Marlin's up next. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlin is on this Wednesday, final game of this three game set. Dodgers going for this suite, sitting atop the NL West in first place.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up ten.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dynam we look at the pitching match up.
Speaker 4: Here's it up by your slid.
Speaker 1: The California Toyota Dealers work hard and play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Cal Quantrell on the mound for the Marlins two and two with his seven eighty three ERA thirty year old right hander, A veteran in his seventh season now in the Big League's Padres, Guardians, Rockies last year, and now his first season with the Miami Marlins, making his sixth startup the season last time out five and two third innings, four runs, five hits, five strikeouts in a win over the Mariners. Dodgers have certainly seen him since he's pitched in the division with both the Padres and the Rockies. It's the return, though, of the catman Tony Gonsolin. Welcome back Tony gonson the thirty year old right hander his seventh season the Big Leaves, but he hasn't pitched since off August eighteenth, twenty twenty three. Against these say Marlins, he gave up tener in runs and then went on the injured list, and then two weeks later had Tommy John surgery. He missed all of last season. Gonsolin, of course a National League All Star, win sixteen and one with a two to fourteen RA in twenty twenty two twenty twenty three before the injury, twenty starts went eight and five with a sub five ERA, but just wasn't right. It was out there pitching and giving it us all, but just didn't look like the same Tony Gonsolin from twenty twenty two. In his rehab in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City, this year four starts, going one and one with the three twenty one ERRA and sixteen strikeouts. Tony Gonsolin facing the Marlins for the third time in his career. He's owen one with the ten thirty eight R and five strikeouts. So the Catman is back number twenty six with a shaved head, full beard ready to go. The Catman will be on the prow as the Dodgers take on the Marlins were fifteen minutes away.
Speaker 4: From first pitch. Keys in the game.
Speaker 1: Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's World Champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for all season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Marlins wrapping up this homestand Dodgers going for the sweep over Miami. Tony Gonsolin back six and twenty one days after making this last start, and Tommy John surgery. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house, and they have done so on this homestand the same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, before setting up a campfire, make sure to get a permit from CalFire and check local restrictions. Know how to properly set up a campfire and extinguish it using the drownedstir and field method. Always have a water supply and a shovel nearby to extinguish your campfire. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All Right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth Tip nevert Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 5: Sam, thanks Again'll we count you down to the first pitch of this ball game this afternoon as the Dodgers take on the Miami Marlins. Marlins twelve and seventeen the Dodgers twenty and ten. And the story, pitching wise is Tony Gonsolin. The key to the game is going to be how Tony Gonsolin fares here in his first major league appearance in six hundred and twenty one days.
Speaker 7: It's amazing. And for Gonsolin, he was on the right track until spring training lowered back tightness set his debut back for this season. But you start to look at it, you know, you go back to twenty twenty two Nash League All Star team member and made twenty four starts, win sixteen and one, and back in there, we'll see on he has the control of that split finger fastball. That's the big, big pitch, but he needs to throw strikes and get ahead of hitters well.
Speaker 5: When he was going well before the surgery before he got injured in August of twenty twenty three. When you look at his career era just from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty two with a minimum of two hundred and fifty innings pitched. He was in the top three in era. Jacob de Gram and Justin Berlander tied for the top spot. Tony Gonsolin was next to two fifty one and for Dodgers today. From a hitting standpoint, Guantroll does not throw particularly hard. His fast bowl has been hit a three point fifty six banning average against, and he's given up way more hits than innings. Pitch out of Stanford, son of Paul Quantrille, former Dodger Cal Quantrill two and two and a seven eight three ERA pitching for the Marlins. Marlins and Dodgers lineup in first pitch just around the corner, timp all.
Speaker 1: Right, Big Dave for Tony Gonsolin. August eighteenth, twenty twenty three, the last time he was on the mountain in a Big League game against these Saint Miami Marlins. Surgery rehab A long road back for the catman, but he has found his way back home to Dodgers Stadium and he's on the mountain. Necks, Dodgers, Marlins, enjoyed everybody. It's been Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. I'm Tim Kats. It's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network