Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, This is Pastor Rick's Daily Hope. If you're joining us for the first time or you've been listening every day for ten years, we just want to say welcome, We love you, and we pray for you every day. So we're continuing with this series called Daring Faith the Key to Miracles. And in this series you're learning how to have a bold, unshakable faith that gives you courage to impact the world around you.
Speaker 2: And if you're like me, you'd really like to be.
Speaker 1: More bold and have more courage to share your faith in Christ. And now here's Rick with the final part of a message called Daring to Plant in Faith.
Speaker 3: You know, a couple of years ago, PBS was doing a series of family histories of famous Americans. Hey, Oprah Winfrey and just a bunch of different people. And the guy who did it came and said, we want to do a pastor.
Speaker 2: We want to do you. Is it fine?
Speaker 3: So they actually took a swab of DNA out of my mouth and they went back and traced my family tree back a thousand years. I'm a king and you should all bow down to me. I'm just teasing, just easing, But they, you know, they found all kinds of interesting things and did a TV special on my family tree. One of the things I discovered is the amount of godly ancestors I had in my family. I am reaping the benefit and blessings from grandparents and great grandparents who were praying for their great grandchildren. I'm reaping that in my life because I had some people who parents, grandparents, great grandparents who loved God and were praying for their future generations. Now I know many of you say, well, you know I didn't have a family like that.
Speaker 2: I'd like to have a legacy like that. Well, you started.
Speaker 3: You started started with your family name that you determine that. But the future generations of your family name are going to be blessed because you're going to plant seeds of prayer and love and godliness and generosity and faith and all these other things. And the people that you come out of your family tree have a blessing and heritage. You're not the only sower. Jesus said this John four thirty eight. I sent you to reap where you did not plant, and others had already done work before you, and you will now gather the harvest. I would say to you that if you have children at home during this time, involve them in the process of your generosity discussion. Talk about this what you're going to sew and what you're going to reap with them. I remember during the time to build, sitting around with my three kids and praying about what we were going to give, and my two boys, Matthew and Josh deciding that they were going to give their.
Speaker 2: Baseball card collections.
Speaker 3: And so they had quite a collection and we put it all together and we took it out and we sold it. And I think their contribution for this building was five hundred dollars because of their commitment. That is leaving a legacy, that is leaving a heritage. Are you leaving a legacy of generosity or stinginess? Are you leaving a legacy of faith or doubt or fear. I'm not the only one sewing number six. It always I always reap in a different season than I sow. I always reap in a different season than I sow. You know, plants take time to grow. There's no instant maturity, and so you don't plant today and this afternoon get the fruit.
Speaker 2: There's always a delay.
Speaker 3: And that's true when you plant anything in life, there's no such thing as instant success. There's instant fame, but no instant success. It takes time together wisdom. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes three, there's a time for everything. There's a season for every activity under heaven. There is a time to plant, which is now, and there's a time to harvest. There's a time to scatter, there's a time to gather. In other words, there's a time to sew and a time to reap. Fruit ripens gradually, and by the way, it doesn't all ripe. And at the same time, do you know the difference between a vine ripened tomato and a gased tomato?
Speaker 2: Which one tastes better? Yeah? The vine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you miss the flavor when you get in a hurry. You just need to understand when you plant. When you plant a seed, if you don't get the harvest immediately, there's always a delay, and the better the you know, grapefruit takes two years. It takes two years before you get a grapefruit. I got a grapefruit tree in my yard. And some things take time, but they're worth it. Okay, Number seven, I must be patient and not give up. As you're waiting on the seed you are planted. You planted, don't become impatient. I must be patient and not give up, because you reap in a season that's different than the one you sowed. In Galatians six' nine tells us. This we let us not get tired of doing what is, right for after a, while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give. UP i have to be. Patient number eight this is a big. ONE i will always reap more THAN i. Sow now, again this can work for you or against. YOU i will always reap more THAN i. Sow this is the law of. MULTIPLICATION a couple of weeks, AGO i planted giant sunflowers in my. Backyard take a little sunflower seed from the giant the. Sun giant flint sunflowers grow to about twelve feet, tall and the flowers about almost a foot.
Speaker 2: Wide.
Speaker 3: Enormous one little seed doesn't give me back one little. Seed one little seed will give me.
Speaker 2: Back a thousand.
Speaker 3: Seeds you always reap more than you sow in the parable. Soils jesus said it this. Way mark four. Eight some seed fell on good, soil and it came, up and it, grew and it produced a clop, crop multiplying circle that thirty sixty and even one hundred. Times now, again this will work for you against you depends on what kind of seed you're. Planting you plant, gossip you're going to get a lot more gossip about. You you plant, criticism you're going to get a lot more criticism about. You there is an exponential potential in every, seed as that old, line that old cliche, says anybody can count the seeds in an, apple but Only god can count the.
Speaker 2: Apples in a.
Speaker 3: Seed because one seed can produce an awful lot of, Apples i'll always reap more THAN. I so number, nine the ninth law of suing, HARVESTING i can increase my harvest by planting more. SEED i can always increase my harvest by planting more.
Speaker 2: Seed and this is.
Speaker 3: The law of, proportion that we always reap in proportion to what we sow Two corinthians, nine six and. Seven we actually looked at this verse last week and it says. This remember, this whoever sows sparingly will reap, sparingly and whoever sows generously will reap. Generously each one should give what he's decided in his heart to, give not, reluctantly not under pressure or under, compulsion For god loves a cheerful. Giver now what that verse says is, This you get to choose how big the harvest is in your. Life you get to choose how Much god blesses your. Life don't blame anybody. Else you get to choose how Much god is blessing your. Life you so, sparingly you will reap. Sparingly you so, generously you will reap. Generously that is the word Of. God that is the law of the, universe and it applies.
Speaker 2: In every single area of your. Life it.
Speaker 3: Works the law of generosity works for anybody who follows. It it works for non believers Because god is just like. Gravity works for believers and non. Believers it's just a law of the. Universe proverbs eleven twenty. Four the world of the generous gets larger and, larger and the world of the stingy gets smaller and. Smaller number, ten the tenth law of the. Harvest the more SEED i, plant this is. Amazing the more SEED i, plant the More god will give.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: Hello the more SEED i, plant the MORE i give away the More god gives. Me god is looking forgivers to, bless and he looks. Down he hadn't looked for stingy people to. Bless he looks forgivers to, bless and looks than he. Goes is there anybody on earth like me who wants to be, generous who wants to be, unselfish who wants to think of other? People is there anybody who trust? Me he's always looking for people to, use and he blesses people who are. Generous my life is a testimony of this. Verse you know my story on giving that the more SEED i, plant the More god will give. Me The bible says that Second corinthians nine, ten For god who supplies seed to the farmer and breaks and bread to, eat will give you more and more seed to, plant and will make it grow so that you can give even more and, more get, more give away more and more fruit from your. Harvest that verse is a promise about being generous with. Money it's specifically about. Money that's What god. Says number, eleven the eleventh law of. HARVESTING i plant by, faith not by my. Feelings it's a very important. POINT i plant by, faith not by my. Feelings people aren't generous because they don't feel like being, generous and so they go by their. Feeling, no you plant by, faith not by. Feeling when the farmer gets up in the, morning do you think every farmer expects to feel good about going and working on his. Farm, no it's just hard. Work if a farmer only worked his crops when he felt like, it not much would get. Done he doesn't want to get up. Early you don't want to, go you, know a harvest and plant and weed and do all those. Things, no he does what he doesn't feel like, doing and he's planting when he doesn't feel like. It you don't go by your, Feelings you go by your. Faith let me look give your little. Confession confession is good. RESULTS i don't always feel like being nice to. PEOPLE i hate to admit. That don't think less of, Me BUT i don't always feel like being nice to. People SOMETIMES i want to be. Cranky SOMETIMES i just want to say leave me. Alone you, KNOW i don't always feel like being. KIND i don't always feel like being. GENEROUS i don't always feel like giving people. Hope and this is a, SERIOUSLY i don't always feel like. Preaching BUT i don't happen to live by my. FEELINGS i happen to live by. Faith SOMETIMES i plant When i'm. Tired SOMETIMES i plant When i'm, distracted sometimes i'm PLANT i plant When i'm stressed. Out SOMETIMES i plant When i'm.
Speaker 2: In, deep deep.
Speaker 3: Grief AND i move ahead and faith in spite of my, feelings Expecting god to ask. ACT i told YOU i didn't want to be here For. Easter it was a second anniversary Of matthew's, death my youngest. SON i really didn't want to be. Here AND i, said What i'd rather do is just celebrate the resurrection at home with my, wife My, lord my, kids and just get through the second. Anniversary but all that, week BECAUSE i was crying all, WEEK i was in tears most of that. Week AND i Claimed psalm one five as a promise the next, verse those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of.
Speaker 2: Joy they weep as.
Speaker 3: They go to plant their, seeds but they sing as.
Speaker 2: They return with the.
Speaker 3: Harvest and you know, What AS i was planting seeds in Fourteen easter, Services god gave a harvest of two thy six hundred and four people came To.
Speaker 2: Christ that's a. Deal that's.
Speaker 3: You those who so in tears will reap in. Joy and all those people are gonna be in heaven BECAUSE i didn't do WHAT i felt like.
Speaker 2: DOING i did WHAT i did by.
Speaker 3: Faith and Sometimes god's gonna call you to make a sacrifice, money, yes but also time and also talent and maybe your. Life And god's gonna call you to, sacrifice and you're gonna GO i don't feel like, it and you will miss the blessing That god wants to do in using. YOU i plant by, faith not by my. Feelings and, finally number, twelve the twelve point is. This the best time to plant is. Now the best time to plant is, Now and you don't wait for a better.
Speaker 2: Time the, sooner the, better people.
Speaker 3: Say you, know WHEN i, Retire i'm gonna get serious About.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: Now then you'll be. Worthless you, know you won't have any energy to do. Anything ecclesiastes eleven. Four those who wait for perfect weather will never plant, seeds and those who look at every cloud will never reap a. Harvest perfection paralyzes. Potential one of these days is none of these? Days that's power. Heads, okay you're going to do.
Speaker 2: Anything about this.
Speaker 3: Message if you don't like the kind of life you are, reaping change the way you're. Planting whatever you need more of you need to give. Away when you have a need in any, area plant a. Seed would you pray this Prayer Your, God thank you for the universe on universal. Laws you have said that no one makes a fool of, you that whatever person, plants he will. Harvest And, LORD i REALIZE i can use that negatively or positively in my. Life help me to practice these twelve laws of the. Harvest help me to plant good seed in abundance in every area of my.
Speaker 2: Life help me.
Speaker 3: To be patient and realize THAT i reap in a season different than the ONE i sow, in but that is inevitable that the fruit will. Come help me to remember THAT i always reap more THAN i. Sow THAT i can increase my harvest by planting more, seed and that the more SEED i, plant the more you will give. Me help me to not live by my, feelings but to live by. Faith help me to realize the best time to plant is right. Now if you've never opened your life To Jesus, christ Say Jesus, christ come into my life and make me the person you want me to. BE i want to know you and love.
Speaker 2: You trust.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 3: Father as each of us face the kind of lives we're going to, live help us to realize that we are leaving a legacy for future, generations that everything we do has an impact on people we don't even, know and just as we've been influenced by good and bad in our, past that our lives will make it harder or easier for somebody. ELSE i thank you for the people who sacrificed and lived in faith and planted in this church for thirty five.
Speaker 2: YEARS i thank.
Speaker 3: You for those who will have the faith to do so in the. FUTURE i thank you in advance for the answer to all of our, prayers AND i thank you in advance for the achievement of all of the goals that we've set in. Face we give you honor and glory In jesus's. Name. Amen, hi, Everybody this Is, rick AND i hope you enjoyed today's. Broadcast you, know if you just prayed that prayer for the very first, time or you just recommitted your life To jesus again, today would you let me know about. It there's something real about sharing your, commitment so write Me rick At pastorrick dot com and, Say, RICK i prayed that prayer of. COMMITMENT i gave my life To. Christ And i'll send you some material that will help you on your journey With. Jesus And i'll also pray for. You god bless.
Speaker 1: You what a fantastic message From Pastor. Rick you Know Daily hope is changing life every. Day Here's Pastor rick with a letter from one of our.
Speaker 2: Listeners.
Speaker 3: TODAY i want to share with You marty's. Story marty had been abused by his, stepfather who was actually a, minister but thanks in part To Daily, Hope god helped him renew his relationship With. God he wrote, This Dear Pastor, rick it's through your teachings on The Father's word THAT i have renewed and rebuilt my. FAITH i left the church AND i turned my back On god because of the abuse of my, stepfather a. MINISTER i reasoned in my, youth how could a Loving god allow this to happen to me and my. FAMILY i learned from you That god's gift to free will is one of the most powerful gifts we've received From, him and how we use that gift is up to. US i needed to be shown the reality of abuse in my family suffered at my stepfather's hand was Not god's. Will it was my stepfather's exercising his free. Will now the fact THAT i didn't understand as a boy of, ten but you've taught me THAT i needed to forgive, him AND i have now done that because of your teachings On God's, Word i've been rebuilding and renewing my faith over the last three, years and at the urging of a close, FRIEND i started listening to you On Daily. Hope from your, TEACHING i started to pray every, night and THEN i added prayers every morning and thanksgiving to The. FATHER i knew that the biggest challenge in my journey of faith would be returning to The body Of, christ The. Church but through your, TEACHING i was able to overcome my, fear understood the basis of, it forgive my, stepfather and move. Forward i've read three of your, books Including Purpose Driven, life and they've all helped me in my. Journey i'm overjoyed beyond words to have found a great. Church i'm in a Good bible study with my brothers and sisters In, christ And i've become active in some other small groups in support of our church and of Our. FATHER i now know greater peace Than i've ever known SINCE i was a young. Boy so thank, You Pastor. Rick thank you for all you do in ministry Through Daily.
Speaker 2: Hope.
Speaker 3: Marty, Well, marty thank you so much for sharing this painful but very moving. Story i'm so glad to hear that you've been able to forgive your, stepfather to let it. Go he doesn't deserve, it but none of us. Forgiveness we do it for our, sake not for their, sake and Because jesus said it's the.
Speaker 2: Right thing to.
Speaker 3: Do you, know the person who won't forgive is burning the bridge that they have to walk across to get into. Heaven i'm going to need forgiveness the rest of my, life and so will. You. Now i'm grateful that you've learned to rediscover your faith and learn to come back to the church that has become a support for. You you just are putting a big smile on my face. Today god bless, You.
Speaker 4: Marty if you'd like to Bless Pastor rick by letting him know how much this broadcast has helped, you please send him an email At rick At pasastrick dot. Com That's rick at pastorig dot.
Speaker 1: Com please join us next time as we look Into god's word for our daily. Hope this program is sponsored By Pastor Rick's Daily hope and your generous financial.
Speaker 2: Support