Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 2: Nine day, Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we.
Speaker 3: Are get off our show.
Speaker 1: Idiot, the kids are playing or tail off.
Speaker 4: Your cultures are.
Speaker 3: Screwing it up.
Speaker 1: Gold Play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not.
Speaker 3: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Here's Nick Coffee?
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it started. Welcome in, Happy Thursday, everybody. Can I say it's a warm January twenty third edition of Coffee and Company? Can I say that?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 2: Because it's it's not really warm, but it's certainly not as cold as it has been. We're a buff freezing, which is good. January's really kicked our ass if you think about winter weather. I mean, it's not just us, but for I guess comparison. We haven't had a January like this in quite some time. But I mean people are in destin Florida and they moved there, or just you know, in the South. I guess, not just dustin Florida. I keep mentioning Dustin when I talk about the South getting snow, because the visual of seeing snow there is just wild. But those people probably moved there to get away from it, and it may get chilly every now and then, but for snow to arrive probably not probably not not what anybody down there would want. But anyways, it is warmer and that has me feeling good. And we're with you for the next three hours. I say we because it's not just me. My name is Nick Coffee, the one and only Austin Montgomery. Thank you alongside who he was. You were missed yesterday, We thank you well you were missed. I mean, well, what do you mean I was missed?
Speaker 4: I was here?
Speaker 2: Well, I just missed it in your face that your that was that your way of saying you missed me too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I mean when you had to spend three two hours at the boat show with Tony and Dwhite's.
Speaker 2: So I just don't oh no, don't you act like oh no. I mean I could tell you were having fun throwing it all over social media right in my face that I'm hanging out with. Oh yeah, blame it on work, real convenient, blame it on work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something about being around Dwight. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just just shoot me straight. I know we're not exclusive. I just look now, I know boundaries have been set. It's pretty clear. You're you know you're You're anywhere they want you, and you're not mine. So but what I'm gonna have to do is get around, take you when I can get you. You're out tomorrow too, right, Yes, it means it means solo tomorrow. That means we gotta make it. We gotta make it count today it's the last show of the week together.
Speaker 4: Sure, you're in tomorrow though, Right, you're gonna, You're gonna you're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean, who am I without you? I mean that's I mean.
Speaker 4: Might have to call in and say what's up so I can hear that sultry voice. I can. I could tell you that I'm sitting on a passenger of a boat that I'll never be able to afford. So that's always fun. If you ever go to the boat show and do.
Speaker 2: That, it would be really really wild if somebody had, like I don't know, the the the idea to kind of think, well, hey, why doesn't why doesn't Nick just take his show to the boat show? And that solves kind of everything. That wouldn't I mean, wouldn't that wouldn't that be like the wouldn't that make sense?
Speaker 4: Almost?
Speaker 2: We don't do a lot around here to we don't do a lot of things around here that makes sense, it seems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is what logic?
Speaker 2: I lose my producer because he's got to go to remote where we are currently doing business with, you know, the event the Boat Show. Like that would make life easier.
Speaker 4: I mean, can you imagine doing this show on an on an RV that's bigger than your house?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine somebody knowing this show exists that works here? Can you imagine?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wild, wouldn't it?
Speaker 4: And people just instead of like that, people know what we do, what we're doing, Like, Hey, Nick, what are you doing here in office? Yeah? We got a show to run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, that's what I do. I'm gonna keep doing it until they tell me that I can't anymore.
Speaker 4: We'll get you to the Boat Show, buddy, one of these days.
Speaker 2: That's I used to. I've done my show there a couple of times, but that was when I was in midday. I guess Pam Drive. They just yeah, they don't they have no interest in it. So it's true.
Speaker 4: It's fun stuff over there.
Speaker 2: Oh it's awesome. I mean it's it makes me feel really poor. And even if I was somebody that did have a lot of money, I just that kind of stuff boats, campers, RVs. That's not really my jam. But I'm not anti. It's just, you know, I can't see myself ever in any position being like, yeah, I need to go get me a boat, or I need to go get me an RV. But I I mean, I don't. You can be someone that doesn't have the money or the interest in ever kind of that being part of your your life, your hobby. You know, you go on the road and go on trips, but just to see like the brand new RVs and the brand new boats that come out every year, like tor Bus, I mean it, I mean it. I mean it's amazing, and every year they're they're newer and nicer, more modern, and yeah, it's uh, it's it makes me jealous at times because again, like maybe I would who knows, I'll never be filthy rich, but if I was, maybe I would go buy a boat.
Speaker 4: Maybe we hit a couple of parlays, we can go buy one some of these boat and I'm sorry, some of these RVs have like RVs and campers, they have fold out patios so you can like sit.
Speaker 2: Oh I've seen that.
Speaker 4: Have like a patio outside. It's it's nuts. But you know, if you get one of those campers, I mean, you have to be in the business of having like a pickup truck or some sort of heavy duty truck that's gonna luck that thing around, because it's not like you could just buy a camper and just like take it. It doesn't drive it. It has to hitch on to something and then you go do your you go do your adventures that way. I guess that's the cheapest option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But like if you're I mean, it's just one of those things that if you buy one of those huge trucks that can haul it, I mean that's a huge expense itself, and you really just have to have to have that big of a vehicle in order just to carry it around. I mean, that's just it's another huge expense. But I'm sure there's people out there that may already have truck that could pull that. But I've seen exactly what you're talking about on TikTok. The newer RVs that are the newer campers that really have that like a back porch on the back of them. Yeah, and somebody who has a huge following now on TikTok they tell the story of their family and I would never I mean I would never want to do this. I'm not passing judgment, but to me, it just sounds it's just something I can never imagine doing as somebody with a family. But they left their like, they left their jobs, they had, they homeschooled their kids, they sold their house. They have remote jobs where they can work from their camper, and they just travel across the country and they document it on TikTok and you know, I mean, they seem happy, they seem content. I feel like there'd be you know, I don't think that's a way for a kid to grow up. But hey, you know, so.
Speaker 4: You people just have it in them to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you raise your kids the way you want. And you know, I'm I'm not going to pass any judgment, so you know, I can't relate, but hey, they're doing it and they seem to be doing well. And again, camper, my dad has a camper. He's he's let us borrow it. A couple of times. So I'm a glamor more than a camper, if you know what I'm saying, just because that you know, that's that's the way to go. But I know I have friends that will go and and spend a weekend with just a backpack in a crazy yeah and a and a sleeping bag, and I just I think, man, more power to you. I would I mean, I I don't know. I mean I would when I'd be scared. Also, I would. I would. I'm not built for the conditions, and I would dive boredom, like you know, like, dude, props to you if you can be out in the woods and just entertain yourself. Not I I don't, I mean I would. I don't know what I would do. I'd be bored to death.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Some people just had that itch and them to really be so one with nature and go back to just your your basic day one human instincts and just be you with the world. Props to you. But no, I I just spent the last two weeks fighting for TikTok's. There's no way I could do that.
Speaker 2: It's a good point, yeah, very good point. So you not being here yesterday is not my only complaint today. My other complaint that I have here to start the show. I'm just there's a bitch and session for your boy today to do it. But I'm I'm pissed that we have to weigh as long as we do to watch this lowvell basketball team plague. And that's what sucked yesterday is because I felt like the game and you and I were texting late night on Tuesday. Yeah, late night text because I think we were like both in all of this team, and we've been it's been a fun ride. We've been talking about it since they started playing well, and really since day one, Pat Kelsey has even when things weren't great and they were losing games. I don't think anybody at any point really felt like, Okay, we didn't hire the right guy. But to have them in the position they're in now, it's amazing. And I feel like the game against SMU, probably because records were broken, they beat SMU as bad as they did in SMU. For what it's worth, they are at least one of the better teams in the ACC. It seems I feel like there's now more attention on Louisville than there has been at any point this season, and it's kind of been a gradual build because they're on a winning streak right now. They're up to nine. But I think everybody's looking at the schedule the rest of the way realizing they've already gotten the tough games out of the way in ACC play and they only have one loss and that's the Duke. And I think Louisville now is in a position to where, if they don't screw up, they're gonna get a really good seat. I mean, and it's gonna kill me if they're not in the top sixteen by the time we get that early look at the bracket, which they probably won't be. That's a couple of weeks away. They give you the top sixteen teams, so certainly there's a chance they wouldn't be there. But I just what it's all gonna come down to is how does the committee really evaluate the ACC And I can't. I mean, I have a feeling that they're going like what you see in bracketology as far as where the ACC stands with They've got one team, you know, that could lose every game and probably still make it. They wouldn't and that's stupid. To even say, because it wouldn't happen. But Duke is firmly in and they're a one seat, so they're good and I don't think they're gonna lose another game, by the way. And then you also have Louisville, who is clearly really you've got two teams kind of by themselves in their own spots. Louisville is by themselves because they're firmly in, looking like a four to five six seed that range between four and six right now. Duke, of course by themselves as the number as the number one overall seed. And then after that you're looking at teams that are probably I don't know, maybe an aid at best, and that's maybe Pitt and Clemson. So you know, I think all the bracketology that you see that reflects that I just just I mean, maybe I'm just a sheep here. I assume that that's correct. I assume that that seed range is where those teams would be if in fact that the selection committee put together the bracket today. But maybe they're a little more higher on the ACC I don't know, maybe they actually don't think that the teams on the bubble are worthy. So I don't think we're going to really know until selection Sunday, and you know, you can't really go off of like previous years because this is this is an outlier. This season for the ACC is just it's a different level of being down. I mean, you've had the same amount of teams kind of you know, flirting with with with you know, with the tournament or I mean, I guess in recent years the amount of teams that have made the tournament has has gotten lower. But of the four to five, usually they're safely in. They're just not great seeds. Right now, you've got, honestly, there's only two teams that I think you can say that you feel very comfortable that they're gonna make the tournament. I Mean, Carolina keeps losing. Pitt went on a four game losing streak after Louisville beat him. Clemson is probably in, but you know, they slip up and lose to a bum team, then that probably puts some ripe square back on the bubble. So I'm loving just every everything that's coming with Louisville being in this position where they're just they're playing well, they're starting to get some attention nationally. It's a cool story too, by the way, like Pat Kelsey really likable guy. I mean, if even Kentucky fans can admit they have a really tough time not liking the Louisville basketball coach, I think that speaks to how likable he is. He seems pretty pretty relatable and an easy guy to like and root for, so everything that comes with all that has just been fun. But now again I'm bum because we have to wait until we have to wait until you know, next Tuesday to watch him play. And again, for what it's worth, that game against another team that's not a tournament team. Wake Forest is also pretty hot right now. They're going to play Duke before they play Louisville, so I would imagine they're going to be coming in here on a loss, which you know, doesn't mean they won't be able to beat Louisville if they play well. But I just here. I mean, it hit me yesterday and I was kind of getting there the day of the SMU game. But I have no reason to believe this team is not going to come out and play really good defense and have balance scoring where maybe some guy gets you know, thirty like rain Smith or thirty two like Hadley got against Clemson, Like maybe that happens, but you know, you don't need anybody to do that specifically, Like if you have five to six guys getting around double figures, maybe three above double figures, maybe a couple with nine to ten. I mean, that's really all like what Louisville is doing, not only to you know, to I guess Rain Smith's three point barrage and Chucky Hepburn getting sixteen assists, that's not I mean, those are records for a reason. Those that's the most amount of threes and assists that have ever been that have ever anybody's ever had for Louisville. Right, So it'd be foolish just said that that's like something you could expect. But outside of those milestones, really the way they're playing and what has led to them having such a you know, a streak here and they really look like a good team regardless of opponent. Those are things that are easy to replicate. It's not like they're doing this with pure luck. And I'm aware that if they were playing the same way and the competition was a lot tougher, maybe they wouldn't be able to come out with victories. And we'll never know, right, But they're also beating the hell out of some of these teams, and that matters too, And that's why they've jumped so much in these metrics, just because, yeah, they're beating teams that aren't in the top thirty or the top fifty even when it comes to the net, but they're beating them back and you can still you know, that doesn't really prove that you're great, but it's the best thing you can do when you play a team like that. So it's been a lot of fun, all right. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. I stopped in at Thornton's on my way in today. Had to get me one of these white Monster energy drinks. Got to have them. And you know, I went two three weeks without drinking on one of these energy drinks because I'm of the belief aston that energy drinks, like even though they tell you zero sugar and you know, ten calories, I'm just looking at this. I just assume there's no scenario that it's good for me. Sure, you know what I mean, Like, it can't be healthy. But I went three weeks without drinking it, and I noticed no difference at all. I mean, in fact, I felt tired. I felt like I missed it, but like my body didn't like, you know, I didn't lose weight. I mean, so I'm just going to assume that these are in fact good for me because I didn't do them for a few weeks. And I said, I said, do them like it's a drug, it's a drink. I didn't drink them for a few weeks, and I was you know, I would say, okay, now you're not a coffee drinker, right, No interesting, I will say this though, the what was your last name?
Speaker 4: Coffee?
Speaker 2: Then how about this? Did you know my father owned a coffee shop? Yes, I imagine what imagine when he was running his shop many years ago and people would stull you know, stumble in and and you know, make small talk and they would learn his name and man every I mean like I was, like, I remember asking him, did you have to like sell it? Like, oh yeah, I never thought of that. Like I feel like anybody with a brain no offense would realize, yeah, you've probably gotten that repeatedly. I'm not gonna make the pun joke like you know, but anyways, yes, I don't like coffee. But the company man, he's a big coffee drinker, and he a couple of times when I was dragging ass, he would give me he would make a cup of coffee, and I didn't enjoy the taste. For some reason, I'm just not real big on drinking something that's warm. It just it just weird to me, just kind of seems like I'm drinking something that's bad. But but it did give me a nice pick me up. Like I mean, I at least felt the effect. That makes me understand a little more so why people have to have their coffee in the morning. It's like, oh, I'd eat my coffee and eat my coffee.
Speaker 4: Was it just like a straight black coffee?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was. It was straight and again it didn't taste good, but it also wasn't terrible to where like I couldn't drink it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you need to find yourself like a nice creamer. I like to add all the superfluous stuff in.
Speaker 2: It, like a So you are coffee guy.
Speaker 4: I love whenever I can drink. Usually every day when I come to the office, I usually make me a cuffee.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's very like grown up of you. And here I am a little little teenage child with just nothing but these energy drinks that I'm sure, you know, I'm sure everything on the label is a lie.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: I have my own specific creamer that I like to use. It's like Hershey. It's right, It's like a Hershey caramel like vanilla type. It's just probably just a terrible sugar for you, but it enhances a coffee taste for me. As I've gotten older, I have like to have more of the coffee taste. Yeah, I drink coffee, but still I can with that bean. Maybe I can't. I can't. I can't do a black.
Speaker 2: And I'll stick with it. I'll stick with the energy drinks when it comes to uh, you know, my pick me up, because these taste good, like the carbonation, Like that's what I like. When it comes to soft drinks, I try not drink a lot of them. But when I crave a drink that's, you know, not a beer or water or I guess an energy drink, Like it doesn't really matter what soda it is. Like I'm more of a diet coke guy. I really love sprite, but but there's a certain it's really not about that. There's not many soft drinks I've had that I genuinely like, don't like like big red. I'm not a big red guy, but but I'll drink it like it's fine, you know what I mean. But more than anything, it's just that carbonation that kick, the bite that you yeah, the bite that you get from a carbonated drink is delicious.
Speaker 4: What they call a guzzle gut. So if I find like a good like coffee or like, what did you say, a guzzle a guzzle gut, you know where it's. It's where you drink excessively fast.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll have my mind, my mind went elsewhere.
Speaker 4: But well.
Speaker 2: That just speaks to my maturity well or like thereof.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying. But if I find myself like a good coffee or like a good energy drink, I'm just more scared of I could put that down in like five minutes. Oh, I feel like I can't parse it out through like half an hour. And I don't know. I've seen people come in with like a McDonald's soda or like a polar pop or something that's lasted them the whole day. I don't understand me how.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what it is like, I'm not a fountain drink guy. Some people only want fountain drinks, they want the you know. And at Thornton's, they their fountain drinks are really popular and it's because they have the nugget ice and that's like a rare thing to where it's just those little bitty tiny nuggets and people love it. But yeah, I mean, I mean I can drink it. Like if I go to a restaurant or fast food and I get a drink, and it's fine. But like if I'm going to any place to get a soft drink and there's options can bottle, two liter fountain, I'm the last thing I'm probably gonna get is fountain.
Speaker 4: I don't true really know why I'll take a fountain over a can.
Speaker 2: How about this These mount Monster energy drinks you can get three for seven or two for five at Thornton's right now, which pretty good deal. And when I was checking out today, I put in my phone number because that's how I use my Refreshment Awards membership, and I think it reset for us. Yeah, so I put Initially I would just use the card itself, meaning like just the actual like there was a physical card, and then I realized, you know, hey, Nick, you should join everybody else in you know, the new world where you can just enter your phone number and it's the same thing. So I didn't add my phone number to it until a little bit later on in my time as a member of the Refreshment Awards program. So since the beginning of twenty twenty, since like February of twenty twenty three, so coming up on two years from now, two years ago, that's when I started using my phone number. Two hundred and forty visits and check ins with my membership. I feel like that's a lot. That's that's VIP status, okay, because I felt good because I saw the number, and I'm thinking, man, that that sounds like a lot, especially if you consider the reces that took place less than less. I mean, so again, if Thornton's ever wants to, you know, check on me to make sure I'm actually you know, showing love and and you know, put it this way, I bring up that number because it hit me, you know what this is. This is easily the most natural endorsement I've ever had in my life, because it's truly a part of the brand. I'll never forget. At a football game a couple of years ago. Because we've been with Thornton's for a long time now, we certainly appreciate their partnership and it's kind of a part of part of me, part of part of part of my show where fueled by Thornton's. Everybody knows it. But I was in a football game a couple of years ago. It was Centerfield's last year, and I remember there was this guy who introduced himself and just said, hey, I listened to the show. And he had his daughter with him, and she was probably, I don't know, like six, and she was she had no interest in like, she didn't care who her dad was talking to, and and and you know, he was like, hey, it's the guy from the radio. And she just blanks stare like, I don't give a damn. The six year old had no interest in me at all. And then he said it's the Thornton's guy, and she was like, oh, okay, that's all talks about. And I'm like, will you call will you call Thornton's right now and tell him that, because that that's gonna make me look good. But you know, that's great. At least again it's working. I don't know if you're targeting six year olds, but if so, she at least knows about Thornton's because of our partnership.
Speaker 4: You're up. I ever is worried about you or whatnot, and you go off the grid. All he's got to do is just track that Thornton's rewards and see where you're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if I end up missing and they're thinking of like, wow, well he doesn't. We don't know where his phone is. Let's let's call every Thornton's and see the last time he checked in, because that'll probably that'd be that would be what got me. Maybe I'm on the run for a crime for for you know, for years, Like.
Speaker 4: How those guys that broke into Joe Burrow's house and they got caught with the National Championship hat. They're gonna find you somewhere with like an empty monster and empty drink somewhere.
Speaker 2: They as soon as I hit my number and hit enter, then they just show up and swarm me. And they knew the place to get me would be in fact where I just can't. I can't stay away, even though I gotta lay low, I gotta be at Thornton's because it's it's just, you know, it's a part of me. So good stuff. All right, we got a lot to get to today. We'll have some fun. I do want to talk well, actually, I want to let you guys hear. I thought about letting you hear the whole thing, but I don't know. It's a it's a lot longer than an interview we would ever do, so we probably won't do that at Pat Kelsey, the man of the hour, the most popular man in this city right now, the guy that has brought this program back to life. He did an interview with the Field of sixty eight crew. My buddy John Fanta had a good back and forth with Pat Kelsey. So we'll let you hear's some snippets of that, and you know I've heard most of it, but I mean, he's the guy you want to hear right now, right if you're a Louisville fan. I mean, we can't get enough of this guy. We can't get enough of this team. It's been a real fun ride. So we'll let you hear that. Also, big night in college basketball light last night, Cali Perry got his first win. A couple of teams, I mean had no business losing. In fact, three teams in the SEC had no business losing in all lost. It's wild. So we'll get into all that and a lot more. If you want to join us, you can five O two five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number. You can also text in on the LLE Federal Credit Union text line BIBO two six five three zero seven ninety. It's Coffee and Company. Feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's that I just think that they're kind of lame, or maybe we just need to refresh it more than we do. But you know, those those promos that you hear that are very very much generic, they're not commercials, but during the commercial breaks, it's that guy with the really awesome voice and he's talking about this is a sports station, Yeah, we love sports. He just did one of those, just played right before we came back from break, and I imagine you probably only heard it if you're listening on the radio. If you're listening on the stream, it probably was different. But he when he's emphasizing sort of just how much we're into sports. He references, well, he says this something about soiled jockstraps. Yeah, and there's not that that's that sounds like the gros. Just hearing that is the grossest thing that happens to me on a daily basis, just because of how great me just think about the soiled jockstrap like just pretty gross. It just I mean, I'm not trying to have to you know, like who even thinks to throw that in there? Really gross? But anyways, that's off. I feel like those are I mean, I think every sports station across the country probably has something like that. But I feel like, I mean, how many more times can they tell you about my Mooky Wilson rookie cart Austin. I mean, like you know what I mean, I mean like that, how many times can they let you know that that that not only is is Nick Coffee a big sports fan and knows sports, but he's got a Mookie Wilson rookie.
Speaker 4: Car or somebody knows where every single bathroom with the shortest line.
Speaker 2: And somebody's somebody's tickle. You know, maybe you'll find.
Speaker 4: Out where he's ticks.
Speaker 2: Like again, those I mean, the bar's pretty low. I would say as far as like making those genuinely like entertaining, I would rather go more generic than what we do. But again, clearly the folks that make that decision know more about that than I do.
Speaker 4: Probably makes more money than we do.
Speaker 2: Like I've had somebody come up to me once and ask me if I had a Mookie Wilson rookie card, and it went right over my head for a second, and then I was like, oh, actually that I ruined the moment because I wasn't prepared and didn't get it. But that's actually pretty clever for you to bring that up because kind of I feel like you kind of get the show if that's something you're gonna mention to me, because you know it's something we can we can make fun of. Also, last week, maybe it was a week before I get my week's missed weeks mixed up because I feel like January's been the longest year of my life. But we were talking about the guy who like wants you to know. Look, apparently people been saying that I sound like a lawyer. You'll be over my dead body. I hate lawyers. The guy who hates time shares and lawyers. Somebody, somebody came up to me. This is actually after my son's basketball game. It was like, man, that guy, you were right. I've noticed it every time I hear the commercial. He hates that people thought he might be a lawyer, and I'm like, well, now you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he even apologizes for it, even if you think he sounds like a lawyer.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, he had no clue that people were out there running their mouths saying this guy sounds like a lawyer, that he might be a lawyer. But he had to he had to set the record straight again. I just envisioned him walking in to do his spots for the radio ads that he buys, and he's like, look, I just put your scripts away. I got to use the time I'm buying to let him know. I'll be damned if they think I'm a lawyer, because that's not going to fly. But anyways, welcome back, Coffee and company. Feel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety as we take you up until six o'clock currently, and I want to plug this site, teamerankings dot com because it'srictually They've actually got a pretty cool story it's some guys who I think as an IVY League school might have been might have been Yale, but they all went to Yale together and lived in the same place when they were going to school. And clearly, if you go to Yale, I would imagine you're pretty smart. Well, they've put together this website that has I mean, it's not super flashy, but it has really everything you want a reference when it comes to college basketball. You can go back and look at the against the spread record for teams in different seasons, and they've got a really cool tool that is that is called the Let me actually, let me pull it up to make sure. But yeah, the Team Rankings dot Com is the website. But when you go to the college basketball section of that, you can you can click on a team and like for Louisville right here at fifteen and five, you can where's it at? Well, it was easy to find on on my phone, but now I'm on their actual website. But what it gives you is the projection for your team in the NCAA tournament. It's like it you know, every day, it updates every time your team plays. It updates obviously, but it gives you percentage chance of making the tournament, a percentage chance of getting an auto bid, the percentage you know, the seed that you're most likely to get based off percentages, and you know it's it could be wrong. I mean, I would say Louisville not making the tournament. What would need to happen for that to happen seems really unlikely. Point So again, it's not It doesn't mean this is exactly how it's going to play out. But I'm enjoying everything I find that I come across when it comes to bracketology or net rankings and all that kind of stuff, because you know, right now those things are getting better for the louis Well, clearly they're not looking like they're going to be like a one seed or anything like that, and that's certainly not possible given just you know where they are. But right now, ninety nine point nine is the percentage chance of them making the tournament, eight point seven percent chance of getting an auto bid, which that means winning the ACC So I mean, they clearly can beat anybody in the league outside of Duke, and who knows, maybe they could upset Duke, But I wouldn't want to play Duke right now if I'm being honest with you, I think I think they're really rounding into form. But Cel Brown brought a good point yesterday that Duke, they're the real They're the only team that anybody would believe is a real national championship contender in the ACC. But playing in a league like the ACC is this year, like maybe not getting tested for such a long stretch of time could really could really hurt them. So the chance of Louisville getting at large bid ninety one point one, which that's basically making making the tournament, getting getting in without needing to win your conference tournament, and this is you know, this is a little bullish. Like this to me is I have a hard time seeing that that that Louisville will be a four seed. But what I got to keep remembering and it's not like I forget it, but I guess more than anything, when I think seed line, it's just an unusual situation to be in for Louisville basketball, not to you know, be looking at at a bracket as far as bracketology, because this used to be what we do every year. There was really different conversations about are we going to make the tournament? In fact, during the awful years where it was just, you know, bad, beyond belief. I remember going back and thinking like, there's probably only been in my lifetime as a Louisville fan, Like by the time we got to January, I can think of like three years where I was worried about bubble, like are they going to make the tournament? Like we were pretty spoiled for a long long time. So it's been enjoyable up to this point. But what I meant about the rare and unusual situation is that Louisville was in the It's been in the ACC for a decade. They were in the Big East before that. I guess they had the one year holdover in the in the American Conference. But even the American Conference, the one year Louisville is in the American Conference in twenty fourteen, that league's better than the ACC is this year. It's not even close, to be honest with you. So what I'm getting at is, has there ever been a time where Louisville is a good team but certainly not an elite team. I don't think many are out there penciling them in for a Final four or anything like that. So you know, you're good, But it's not like you are elite yet you are expected to win every game left on your schedule right now, and it's one because yeah, you're playing really well, you've shown and you've proved that you're good enough to do that. That should be the expectation. Easier said than done, of course, But everybody left on your schedule you know you can beat, doesn't mean it's gonna happen. So it's just weird to know that Louisville the rest of the way from January twenty third on, they're gonna be in games that they should win, which means if they do, of course, wins just start piling up. And if Louisville ends up with that gaudy record of I don't know if they end the regular season, let me pull it up here, because if they in the regular season with a twenty six and five record, I mean, they're not gonna be a five seed, sixth seed. They're probably a four seed or better, I would imagine. Again, it's just weird to look at the rest of the because then this is a long winded way of me getting there. But when it comes to the seed that team rankings has for Louisville as far as the most likely seed twenty five point nine percent chance according to their numbers here is that they get a four seed, which I'm thinking right now, man, I don't know if they're a four seed, but you know what, if they keep playing the way they're playing, they're probably not gonna lose. And although there's not a whole lot of value in beating some of these teams on their schedule who are really bad, if you beat them really bad, you can continue to climb. So maybe a four seed truly is what's most likely, not necessarily because they're that good right now, or maybe not necessarily because they're you know, they're gonna end up getting a ton of big wins of value. But I you know, they just and this just sounds weird to say, but they shouldn't loose another game. It may happen. But what has me more confident than anything other than you know, the obvious watching them play, is that the things that they need that you would need to do to continue to run through this league are things that, like I would be highly stunned if those things go away, meaning, you know, showing up ready to play, being very physical, being really good defensively, having good balance where you're not needing somebody to give you twenty five a night. You know that, Hey, your best players can have an off night here and there, and more often than now, there's gonna be somebody else that can kind of pick up the slock. Sometimes they do it in a major way, like Hadley with thirty two and rain Smith making ten threes. So maybe four seed is what we should start. Kind of looking at three point seven percent chance to making the Final four right now, which you know, I'm not even thinking about that, but just to know that that's not like a zero point zero percent chances, I guess kind of exciting. I'm trying to find Kentucky's team sheet. While I do that, let's see here. While I do that, let me quickly update you on what I What I mentioned last night, just absolute chaos in the SEC. And this is gonna sound made up like there's no way it's true, but it is, uh and it's it's it's crazy. There were three, yeah, three three SEC basketball games last night, and Georgia Ole Miss in South Carolina led for one one hundred and nineteen minutes and fourteen seconds of the one hundred and twenty minutes of the game time, and all three of those teams lost. Hear me out Georgia, olem miss In South Carolina all led for about ninety nine point nine nine percent of their games and lost. I mean that is that not crazy? I mean Florida. I mean I saw them lose to Missouri at home, which I feel like was kind of a bad loss for them, although Missouri has played well and has some good wins. But they nearly lost to South Carolina, which I think would have been a bad loss, but they were able to come back from fourteen down to knock off South Carolina. Here is Florida down one with twelve seconds left. Be the decision maker, hedge out on Clayton.
Speaker 4: Richard on the drive.
Speaker 3: Richard got it.
Speaker 2: Were four point eight.
Speaker 3: Here they go right two one.
Speaker 2: Right at the fuzzer missed it and the Gators pull off.
Speaker 3: They'll come from behind wind.
Speaker 2: In in probable fashion, and that's a huge win for Florida because they still would be safely in the tournament. In fact, there are They're seventeen and two start at ties, their best start in school history, so you know they're a good team. A loss last night wouldn't have really changed that. But when you know that South Carolina, although good, they're ten and well, they're not good by the way. South Carolina is the dad of that league. South Carolina's ten and nine and now zero to six in league plays. So but again, if South Carolina is the worst team in your league and they've got Florida on the ropes, they were leading Florida for ninety nine point nine percent of the game, doesn't that just speak to how good the league is? Like, you know you're going to take some losses when you get into play in Auburn and Bama and Kentucky and Tennessee and Texas, A and M in Mississippi State, like, those are gonna be games that the likelihood of you beating all those teams just seems unlikely. Therefore, when you play a team like that, you gotta beat them. And that's where Arkansas last night really really gave Georgia a tough l because Arkansas no boogey Flan. They're winless in SEC play until last night, and they ended up coming through, which not only was a wild finish, but a wild cover. So here is a it's a tie game, it's.
Speaker 3: A tie yeah, ten seconds to go.
Speaker 2: Tied at sixty five, Arkansas's got the ball here there he goes, Wagner off the mark zero, we're jacket. So theo this this qualifies as a bad beat for sure. Did you have Did you have Arkansas or Georgia last night? Austin? No, okay, did you see what happened here? So Arkansas was minus one and a half and they were tied at sixty five one point eight seconds left and do Thiero makes the first free throw, He's got a second one, and he misses the second free throw, and I don't know how it happens. I don't know. Like Georgia. Again, I hate saying this because it is a serious thing that he probably shouldn't joke about, because you know people might run with it and think you're being serious. But it was one of those games, kind of like Louisville against Stanford that if I if I came in blind and you just presented me evidence and said this team threw a game, they shave points, I would have to believe you that was Georgia last night because after Theerro misses his first his second free throw, they didn't even try to get a rebound. He just got his own offensive rebound off the free throw and put the ball back in at the buzzer. Therefore, Arkansas ends up winning sixty eight to sixty five. And if you you know, if you bet, if you bet Georgia, that's a bad beat for you, especially considering Georgia was winning the whole game and they were and they were underdogs. Like, that's a bad beat, absolutely what that is. But again, same example, Arkansas was zero and five. If you're Georgia, yeah, you've got a good win against Kentucky, but you really haven't done much other than that, although you do beat You did beat Saint John's, which is a quality win for you out of conference. But you know, when you loo when you are Florida and you loosed and you were you know, you ended up beating South Carolina, but a loss there would have really been one that you just needed to avoid. And Georgia I feel like they desperately needed to avoid one. ESPEC Actually they needed to avoid it more so because they're probably more like a bubble type team than Florida. Florida is seventeen and two now, so a bad beat. And then this was actually two good teams and if you're all Miss, I mean, what a choke job. You led the majority of the game like the other two teams here in the SEC did, and sure enough, I mean just gave it away. Ole Miss is up to sixty two to sixty with nineteen point eight left, they're at the free throw line, and this is how it ended.
Speaker 5: In and out chance for A and M down two sixteen seconds left, A bassa key for three of the lead, first lead in the game.
Speaker 4: For A and M.
Speaker 5: Panilla tied up in the back court, shakes Taylor into the front court. Here's breakfield was six up the.
Speaker 2: Glass, no good rebound, just a mess in that town end.
Speaker 5: Am takes its first lead on its last possession and the Aggies are gonna escape box for.
Speaker 3: Him with the win.
Speaker 2: So I watched the end of that game, and man, I'm sure it's recency and I can't really think if another one off the top to compare to it. But if you told me to give you an example of somebody stealing a game from somebody, that is absolutely what Texas A and M did And kind of feels like Buzz Williams the kind of guy that'll do that to you every now and then. But oh, miss, I mean again, like that's not a bad loss by any means. But again, when you play in such a loaded league, you know you're gonna take losses and it still doesn't mean you're a bad team. So you want to make sure when you do get a night where you're playing one of the bad teams, you take care of business. Or if you're playing anybody and you have a big lead, don't let it slip, because man, your wins you could be I mean, there's gonna be teams that finished close to five hundred and the sec that might be Final four type teams. I mean, that's how good I think the league is. But I guess we'll see in March quick Break, we'll come back for a quick segment to wrap up the first hour, but we're taking you up till six o'clock, So stick around, hang out, make yourself at home right here with us on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: Quick segment before we wrap up the three o'clock hour. Still got a couple more hours to go, so stick around. No update from Lenardi or Jerry palm just yet, and I was thinking about it earlier. You really would be wasting a lot of time if you updated every day. I mean, I don't know, maybe you wouldn't be wasting time, because I think there are people that if they knew there was an update every day, they would look at it. But a lot of work to reset every single day. So maybe I'm maybe I'm getting greedy here wanting them to update more often than they are. But actually, and here's here's another issue. I didn't realize. I wasn't following Joelnardi on on Twitter and he'll update, and I guess this is just how it works at publishing at ESPN dot com. But he'll he'll update like his he'll take like a screenshot of a document that shows seed lines, that kind of stuff, overall stuff. But when it comes to like the actual ESPN dot com website and the ESPN app showing you his updated bracket, I don't know, maybe he's got to file it to somebody, then they've got to go in and publish. But yeah, he'll you can actually get a quicker update from him if in fact you are you know, following him on social media, And I didn't realize it wasn't following him. So anyways, right now, the latest from him has the one seeds are Auburn, Iowa State Duke in Alabama, and the two seeds are Marquette, Florida, Tennessee, and Kansas, and Kentucky is the number one three seed along with Oregon Purdue in Michigan State. So the reason I bring that up is because on the Kentucky team sheet, like I referenced louisll was earlier, you know, they got a ninety nine point nine percent chance of making the tournament, a four point six chance of getting in auto bid, which means that's the percentage chance of them winning the SEC tournament. But their most likely seed right now, it's really competitive because well it could go either way. They've got an eighteen point nine percent chance to get a three seed, which is is the most likely seed according to this these numbers, But just under that at eighteen point two is the percentage chance of getting a four seed. The third most likely is a tie, where they've got a fourteen point nine percent chance of getting either a two or a five. So look, I think Kentucky's anywhere between a two or a five. I really do, and the opportunity is there to get it to for sure if they keep rolling through the SEC or if they roll through the SEC, but that just seems unlikely. So that's like for Kentucky, you know, they're loss to Georgia as of now. It's not a terrible loss on the road, but it looks like a loss that you know you probably shouldn't have had because you know you're gonna like Alabama beating you is nothing. I mean, that's a good team that will beat I mean, Alabama's one the best teams in the country. So you know, those are losses that suck. You don't want them, but like you just have to expect that's gonna happen. So Georgia not exactly. And Vandy, who they have this weekend. Vandy just beat Tennessee. Vandy's not a terrible team by any means, but they're clearly in the bottom tier year of the league. And it's just it's weird how those games have so much significance now for these SEC teams because you slip up and lose to the bottom tier, and then you throw in all the losses that you get to the really good teams, maybe you get a couple wins against those teams to where your resume is still pretty solid. But I just it's crazy to think about the worst record within SEC that's gonna be a tournament team because they play eighteen league games, you're gonna have a team with a losing record in that league that makes the tournament. I mean, I just don't see how you want. But anyways, with Lonardi, he does not have Louisville as a four as of right now, which doesn't surprise me. I think five is probably the the ceiling for the Well see, five is probably the highest you're going to see them anywhere right now, and then I've seen some some still have them as a six, which I also understand. But again, it's just weird to being in this position where when you're projecting your seed on selection Sunday rather than you know, assessing where it is right now. Well, you just have to consider that if this Louisville team continues to just do what they're doing, which I have no reason I think they won't, they're going to roll through the rest of their schedule and that won't give them a whole lot of chances to get big wins. In fact, they have none when it comes to getting big wins. But they're gonna start stacking up wins. And their strength of schedules is already pretty strong given the fact that they played a loaded non conference schedule. So four to me sounds like, oh, let's pump the brakes. That seems kind of unrealistic, But no, I think it is realistic. All right, quick break, we've got two hours left. Stick with us right here. It's coffee and company and we are fueled by thorns. If you want to join us, you can't. Phone lines are now open BABO two five, seven, one seventy nine hundred. Keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety