Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This first hour, by the way, it is going to be what the hell happened to? What the hell happened to Joe Biden? We have questions about that. That new book, of course comes out today. What the hell happened to Elon Musk? Where's he been for the last three or four weeks. Republicans seem to have kind of turned the page from Elon Musk and he's now saying that he's getting out of the business of providing donations to political campaigns. Okay, whatever the hell happened to Bill Belichick. There's a great article about this guy who was in control of every aspect of his life and then he finds a twenty four year old Hatty mccotthet and now goes a bit crazy. So we'll talk about all of that stuff coming up. President Trump on Capitol Hill today, he's trying to seal the deal on this big, beautiful bill he calls it, trying to unify some House Republicans on this multi trillion dollar package that is still on some pretty shaky grounds, so we'll talk about that. Federal health officials announced they're no longer going to routinely approve annual COVID shots for younger adults and kids who are healthy. This new FDA came message came out today, major shift in the approach to updating vaccines that protect against COVID. Authorities also down in Orleans Parish say they have arrested a maintenance worker in connection with the escape of those ten inmates from last week. The office said that Sterling Williams admitted that he turned the water off in one of the cells before the men slipped away through a hole behind the toilet. The sheriff there so she believes the escape was an inside job, and told reporters that her agency had suspended three employees pending an investigation. Now four of those guys have been caught, still six of them outstanding. Yesterday spent a lot of time on the diagnosis that was announce that former President Joe Biden has metastatic prostate cancer. Just means that it has spread from the prostate to other parts of his body. In his case, it has spread to his bone. I also related to you yesterday this is almost exactly the diagnosis that my father had. The difference is my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in two thousand and six. My dad lived with prostate cancer for almost eighteen years, and it didn't spread until the last couple of years. It didn't metastasize to his lungs and bone until late in that diagnosis. And there have been a lot of questions about the handling of this diagnosis by the White House at assuming that there was some diagnosis while he was president, if there was, and then by his office now that he is no longer in the White House, the handling of it. And there's a question in the context of the original Sin that's the book that came out the Jake Tapper from CNN and Alex Thompson from Axios, A couple of people have raised this question. Is this a continuation of what is detailed in that book. The book basically says that everybody around President Biden, from those in the absolute closest inner circle, including his wife and family, closest advisors, and then outward in the concentric circles white House staff, members of the cabinet, et cetera, that they all knew something was wrong with Joe Biden and didn't do anything about it. They didn't tell anybody. They went out of their way to hide it. They kept him away from interviews, from cameras and that sort of thing. And the question that's being asked is is the handling of this diagnosis just a continuation of that policy.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know the answer to it.
Speaker 2: I have not read the book yet, but I have read several of the excerpts, and there's a couple different things to argue yourself argue with yourself over when it comes to this issue. The Free Press interviewed five different doctors about what this cancer diagnosis is and what we know about cancers like this. Joe No Sarah actually wrote it for the Free Press and talked about when did Joe Biden know that he had cancer?
Speaker 3: It's not a clear answer to this, by the way.
Speaker 2: There are five different doctors and they basically give different answers to that question. One of the doctors, Stephen Quay, is a cancer doctor, runs Atosa Therapeutics up in Seattle and said that the last physical that Joe Biden had while he was president was February of twenty twenty four, and at the time, they gave him a pretty basically clean bill of health, nothing about prostate cancer. And doctor Quay says, there would be about a one to two percent probability that you could have a normal prostate exam in twenty twenty four and then it's metastatic prostay cancer just a little over a year later. And he said the other ninety eight percent of the time, it takes at least five to seven years for that to happen. What I talked about yesterday was a couple of different doctors who had been interviewed who said, if you're at a man over the age of seventy, they don't even often do the digital exam. They don't do the PSA blood test because they know you're gonna get it, and once you get to that point without it showing symptoms, chances are you would die from something before you died from the prostate cancer. But doctor Quay laughed at that and basically said, I don't think it's credible to imagine that the physicians of the President of the United States were not looking for the most common cancer in men. That's what makes me wonder whether there was a cover up. Doctor Mark Schultz, a PROSTA cancer specialist says the scenario being described as something you might encounter in a third world nation. For someone to have metastatic prostate cancer means one of two things. Either the doctors were not checking his levels, which would mean that they were the most incompetent doctors on the face of the earth, or they were taking his PSA levels all along, and therefore the diagnosis has been on the radar of his physicians for years and no one talked about it. That doctor again, Mark Schultz says, is it deception, is it incompetence? And he said, there's nothing else that can explain what we're dealing with. Obviously, the darkest scenario, the conspiracy theory scenario, which doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong, is that this was a known thing and nobody wanted to talk about it. One of the issues that actually comes into this is one of the regular treatments for a diagnosis of prostate cancer is to have testosterone taken away. The primary treatment would be to reduce your testosterone level, which obviously would shrink the tumor, but it also has side effects for someone of Joe Biden's age. Listen to the side effects unsteady gait, loss of muscle mass, loss of memory. It might even have played a role in the debate performance if in fact he was being treated for that and nobody knew about it. All right, that part of it is out of the way. I wanted to get into something else specifically about this. The book details a couple of different things. Number One, the exact moment that Kamala Harris split with Joe Biden and didn't want to have anything to do with him when it came to the campaign. But also Roe Kanna, California Congressman, has to eat his own hat because he was sticking up for Joe Biden at all of those times when a lot of people were pointing to him and saying, what's going on, what's going on with the president? Something doesn't appear right. We'll talk about that when we come back. We continue what happened to Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We were talking about the diagnosis that Joe Biden's office announced just Sunday that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer, not stage nine. I think President Trump referred to it as stage nine it's likely stage four, but they didn't put a stage.
Speaker 3: On it when they announced the when they announced his condition.
Speaker 2: The other questions that arise are, you know, when did has Joe Biden human been screened for prostate cancer? It's very very common in regular blood tests to look for PSA numbers. I had one done four years ago, and they ran PSA test even though I was below the age of fifty.
Speaker 3: Was sixty six when he first became vice president.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that the vice president's getting annual physical as well.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 2: It's not often as publicized, obviously as the president's annual physical, but because they are a heartbeat away from the presidency, it's nice to know that they are fit as a fiddle as well. So, yes, there are probably some annual physical records that go back while he was in the White House as vice president.
Speaker 3: Also, so there is a question.
Speaker 2: This new book that's out, by the way, original sin Alex Thompson from Axios and for some reason, Jake Tapper from CNN I think this. I'm not quite sure Jake Tapper had a lot to do with the work, since it was Alex Thompson who was one of the few voices raising questions about Joe Biden's cognitive abilities while he was in the White House.
Speaker 3: But there are some interesting things that.
Speaker 2: Reviewers have been saying about this book, Specifically things like like Joe Biden triumphed in South Carolina and established himself as the only viable alternative to Bernie Sanders. Well, let's not forget that the primary in South Carolina was messed with. It was moved up in the calendar by James Clyburn, a congressman out of South Carolina, because he wanted to extend a favor to Joe Biden, and basically knowing that Joe Biden would do well in South Carolina, cement him as the shoe in Democratic primary winner and wipe away any chance that Bernie Sanders or Dean Phillips or any of the other Democratic challengers. I mean, don't forget RFK Junior still wanted to be was running as a Democrat early on. James Clyburn, by the way, still thinks that Joe Biden is firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 4: Talked to him on the telephone very often, and I never saw any thing that I thought was outside of the ordinary.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Joe Biden really would have been able to perform as president all the way through January twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Nine, when he would have been when he would be eighty six. Yes, I thought that back then. I still think that.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, that's Jake Tapper doing the interview there with James Clyburn. One of the things that comes out in this book is that there was one particular event that Kamala Harris hated that Joe Biden did, and it was during an event in a commemoration of the September eleventh attacks.
Speaker 3: And this event was in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Biden met with a group of volunteer firefighters and Biden gets into a conversation with a guy. You may have see this picture that some people at the time claimed was faked.
Speaker 3: It's not fake.
Speaker 2: He gets into a conversation with an older guy who's wearing a Trump hat, and the guy asks the President president to sign the hat, which he does, and then someone in someone in the crowd shouted Biden should put on the hat, which he did, and then everybody started taking pictures of Joe Biden wearing a Donald Trump hat. And that was a gift to the Trump campaign. Even though there were claims that it was fake. That event was one that absolutely pissed off Kamala Harris. The other thing is when he made his decision to drop out of the reelection campaign, he didn't endorse Kamala Harris right away. You remember the letter that came out that came out from the office of Joe Biden that said he wasn't going to run. It did not contain an endorsement of Kamala Harris and they were mad he waited until later that same afternoon to do it, even though the original plan was that he was going to wait an entire week before endorsing. And again, this is coming out of that new book. We've been trying trying to get Alex Thompson and Jake Tapper to come on the show to.
Speaker 3: Help pitch this book and explain.
Speaker 2: First of all, I want to ask Alex Thompson how Jake Tapper got his name on that thing. But there will be more nuggets that come out of that book now that it is no longer under embargo for those people who have read it. So what happened to Elon Musk? By the way, we haven't talked about Elon Muskin the last couple of days. Republicans are ready for this guy to go. He appears ready to head back to Tesla. We'll talk about what the plan is going forward for Elon when we come back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: On Capitol Hill.
Speaker 2: President Trump talked to House Republicans today trying to drop their fight over his big, beautiful tax cut bill. He spoke privately for at least an hour trying to unite the House Republicans on this multi trillion dollar package. Did get out of committee late Sunday night, but that is not a guarantee that it would pass the House for a regular floor vote. The President was pretty upbeat after the whole thing. He said that there was unity, the most unity he has ever seen something along those lines.
Speaker 3: But it's not.
Speaker 2: Clear that this has the support that it needs to pass. So something will definitely keep our eyes on.
Speaker 5: Hey, garyot's Mike, Hey Mike, what the hell happened to the drones?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: November months back in Jersey, even in Temecula, there were drones. Everyone's just freaking out about the drones. Yeah, don't hear about the drones anymore?
Speaker 3: You know what it's a good question, Mike.
Speaker 2: I actually looked this up because it wasn't too long ago. Reason magazine did a story that said that there were some newly released documents that showed that the federal government did know there was really nothing to those drones that wasn't a nefarious act by some foreign country or some terrorist organization within the United States.
Speaker 3: It was a series of.
Speaker 2: Misidentified sightings of what they thought were drones, and most of them had a very simple explanation. I mean, some of them were just commercial drone, the commercial being recreational drones that weren't following the rules for flying, they were flying too high, or they were flying in restricted areas, and in a lot of cases they were just airplanes that were misidentified because of One example, there was a helicopter flight, a life flight that was trying to evacuate victims from a car crash, and the firefighters on the ground told the helicopter to stay away because they saw three mysterious drones in the area. When they did an investigation, what they figured out was based on where the car crash was, where the firefighters were, and the new sorry not new, but a nearby airport. Solberg airport local airfield nearby. The planes that were landing at Solberg were basically pointed directly at the firefighters, so while they were approaching the airport, it looked like they weren't moving, which would allow the firefighters or lead the firefighters to believe that they were drones. So the federal government knew that there was nothing to it, but that they weren't very forthcoming with the public and letting them know that there really wasn't much going on. And then I mean, it's a Twilight's Zone episode.
Speaker 3: What is it? The Monster from Maple Street? I think it was where one small story that induces fear and can eventually take control of an entire in that case, the entire state of New Jersey, and as Mike mentioned, Temecula as well. Well.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk is going to stick around at TESLA. He is just about done with his special government contract. He could only work for the government until the end of May. Later this month, he has decided that he is going to be stepping back and being the leader of TESLA once again, as opposed to the special government employee that's been working with Doge. Whether he's officially the head of it or the brains behind it whatever. Because some board members, especially those from Tesla, including his own brother. By the way, Kimball Musk is a board member. James Murdoch is on the board at Tesla. They were concerned that Elon was spending way too much time in Washington, and the Wall Street Journal even reported last month that they were looking for a new CEO. So he's going back. He's going to be spending a lot of times there. He confirmed to an audience at the Economic Forum this week that he plans to stay on top, be the CEO for Tesla and concentrate on that. Also, he's no longer going to fund political campaigns, he said he's had enough.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The interesting aspect of this is there there is a an article out of The Daily Beast that suggests that maybe Trump considers Elon Musk a loser. And this is a it might be a stretch, but if you remember the Wisconsin State Supreme Court race, Elon Musk threw a bunch of money in that twenty one million dollars into a Supreme court race for the state of Wisconsin. Unprecedented amount of money to come in from an outsider when it comes to a race like that which it's low profile, it's supposed to be nonpartisan. He was handing out million dollar checks to voters. He wore a cheesehead hat at one of the rallies, and his guy, his preferred candidate, Brad Schimmel, lost to Susan Crawford. There was an interesting poll that came out a short time later that said fifty eight percent of respondents disapproved of how Musk was handling all of this, not just as a politics but also the cost cutting task force that was under Doge. Sixty percent disapproved of him personally, and perhaps the death knell was Donald Trump stopped tweeting about him or posting on social media. There was a point at the end of March. I think March thirty first was one of the last times that President Trump tweeted about Elon Musk. Before that, it was doing four or five times a week. Right around Valentine's Day, he posted about Elon Musk eleven times in a week. But again, the last time he tweeted or posted about Elon Musk was March thirty first. Other Republican operatives had talked to The Daily Beast and said that his antics got out of control. That he was not well received by politicians in DC, especially because he was there to literally stir the pot and do Donald Trump brought him there, which was to cut the waste, fraud and abuse. But he's going back to Tesla and he says he's going to cut back on his political spending. So that's what the hell happened to Elon Musk, So what the hell happened to Bill Belichick? The New York Times now says that Bill Belichick is engaged to that twenty four year old that he's been I don't even want to know what they're doing, But what the hell happened to the greatest coach in football?
Speaker 3: To talk about that? When we come back, you're.
Speaker 1: Listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: There was an interview that Bill Belichick, a long time, legendary future Hall of Fame football coach, gave to Good Morning America. And he's become a celebrity, not just because of his football career. Now he is going to be the coach of the University of North Carolina's football team. A book coming out. He's also he's got a twenty four year old girlfriend. This guy is seventy three. Twenty four year old girlfriend. Michael Strahan, also a football legend, interviewed him on Good Morning America last week.
Speaker 3: So what did Jordan mean to you? What did Jordan? That's the girlfriend's name. Well, we have a good personal relationship. You know, I'm not talking about personal relationships, Michael. You know that. Okay, I know the coach. I'm saying, are you happy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He can you look happy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I never thought I thought i'd seen you doing yoga.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like talking about it because she is an ever present and, according to at least some of the people at University of North Carolina, ever pushy presence. The New York Times also says that apparently they are engaged now, which listen, do your own thing. She was at the conference that announced Belichick as the hire of the football coach.
Speaker 3: A reporter.
Speaker 2: Asked how they met, and she was the one who piped up and said, we're not going to answer those questions. He shows up for her. When she was in the Miss Maine USA pageant at a holiday Inn Express in Maine, he was there to cheer her on. Of of course, she was the second runner up. She had been first runner up last year. He didn't clap when she got third runner up. That's him, by the way, he doesn't Let's just say he doesn't adhere to social norms. Remember this is the guy who wears what appeared to be dirty sweatshirts on the sidelines of Super Bowl. But he did take her hand after the competition and whisked her away in a Mercedes. He should be the most famous person in their relationship.
Speaker 3: He is not.
Speaker 2: She is the one who was making headlines for what appears to be this very controlling is not the right word, a very.
Speaker 3: Active sort of.
Speaker 2: Choreography, perhaps of not just to the relationship, but the interviews that this guy does. She has taken control of the management of his personal brand. She torpedoed the series that HBO was going to make. She has been applying literally for trademarks for some of Bill Belichick's catch phrases. And she is the one who posts a whole stream of sometimes awkward pictures of the twenty four year old dating a seventy three year old. She is now more famous than she's ever been. I'm not saying she's in it just for the fame. Maybe they have true love, but it is interesting isn't it? She has promoted political causes. Somehow she has a real estate portfolio worth more than eight million dollars, all to the bewilderment of the people who are huge Bill Belichick fans, hard knows football fans who thought that this guy would be absolutely anough to a relationship with a twenty four year old woman. But then again, he's seventy three and she's twenty four, and when you're seventy three, I mean, I don't know what they talk about. A lot of people have questions, is she after the money? Is everyone really jealous of what this guy's got going on with a twenty four year old? Has he put her on the front lines strategically? I mean, is it something that they talk about where he says, I'm going to hand all this stuff over to you. You're better at handling it than I would be.
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 2: I think Megan Kelly once referred to it as elder abuse. By the way, again, Bill Belichick is seventy three. Jordan's father is forty nine, So I don't know where this is going. I don't know what the hell happened to Bill Belichick. But again, maybe they're in love. Maybe it's true true love. Friday, we're gonna be live at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster for our next news and Bruce will be out there starting right at nine o'clock the show kicks off, will be out there until one and along with the stuff that we're going to be giving away, the surprises that we have in store, the Kfipa which is now on tap and in cans for purchase, the Bravery Pizza, which is going to be great, including a very Gary, very very Gary and Shannon Show edition of Bravery Pizza. At one o'clock, we're going to record the Weekend Fix, which is the podcast that shows up over the weekend that's not part of the normal show, and we need your help producing that, So come on out. We'll see you out there at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster on Friday, coming back in depth look at what's going on with the LA city budget. Our city Hall Hawk Michael Monks will join us when we come back. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,