Speaker 1: The Chilly Effect is sponsored by Wallstreet, Window dot com and this missus liking yeah, nostivated in.
Speaker 2: A media.
Speaker 3: February twenty seven, twenty twenty six, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar and know I'm not having a stroke. That's the date anyway, how you doing. It's Friday night and we are live just about five minutes after eight pm Eastern here in what we used to call America. So I did really manage to release a couple of podcasts this week, and one of them was with Larry Hancock, and unfortunately, you know, part of the discussion with Larry didn't go well. But upgrades are a coming, so sometime in April we should be on a completely different platform. Also still on the existing platforms as per usual, just expanding and we're gonna see what happens when the Ocell Effect goes live on Rumble, because I'm not gonna bother with YouTube, which is an unfortunate thing, but uh look, uh Google told me I'm unwanted, so therefore we're not going there anyway. It's gonna be an interesting test, not only for my dwindling audience, but for the people I partner with and we're going to see who puts in some skin into the game because that's the only way the game is going to get played, uh from now on. And uh oh. In that regard, we do have Aaron comeing live at ten pm Eastern tonight, so the Age of Transitions will happen, and then Uncle the podcast will be live also at eleven pm Eastern, So you know, stick around and keep listening to the Ocelli dot com radio feed if you're hearing us live, and if not, you're hearing a podcast, and that stuff is likely on the feed or soon to be there. Anyway, There it is, there, it was, and that's what it is. You can join in with this if you like. You me, my co host b Pete is with me, and uh you can do that too. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's the number to call. And you know, when we go over to the video thing, I was just telling Bpte, we're gonna have to figure out a way to kind of like, you know, put one of those banners that keeps running by, that keeps telling you the number to call in which I think Aaron does on the stream for Uncle already on the various platforms, and we'll see how many things we can plug into, uh maybe with riverside as, are as, our you know, off off site software, and we'll see if that's the conduit for us, you know, but a whole year that's going to be paid for by an anonymous benefactor, So we shall see how that goes and see if I get rejected over there. I have a feeling not so much. I think we're gonna actually rebuild the audience that has slowly been destroyed over the past couple of years, because you know, we're down to just a couple thousand people really and at one point, oh, it's more like one hundred thousand people listening to what it is I was doing. But now audio not in vogue. You got to be out there with a YouTube channel, you know, that's the only way to be somebody, apparently that and have an interesting Twitter account excuse me x account, you know, and and put on douchebags like Bart Sebrel to tell you that the moon landing was faked. You know, That's that's the key to success, Joe Rogan. Well, that and also to declare yourself the king of comedy even though you're not funny, but anyway, you know, it is a thing, and podcasting is now not just a joke, it is something else. And is there alternative media? Maybe we'll get into that discussion tonight. And my annoyance with a whole bunch of emails from people who seem to think that it's a surprise to me that I was correct again about what's happening to the mainstream corporate media. But you know, I'm getting bored with this. You hate me because I tell you something you don't want to hear. Six months later, you figure out what's happening. Then you email me and tell me you're sorry. You didn't support me for six months, and guess what the punchline is. You still don't support me, so you know you're not getting your emails red on air. I do read all the crap in the box, though it's that simple. If you actually supported me, I might read or reference your emails. Just ask my friends who do that. Anyway, enough of the personal stuff, let's try to have some fun because I don't want to discuss the state of the union. I already made my statement about that. I gave you guys a snap who news with as little commentary for me as possible. You got Larry Hancock this week and now be Pete. So you know my co host who is going to carry over to the new platform, and hopefully we'll bring Aaron and Uncle over there as well. But who knows who else might join the network in the transitional period, which I hope to begin in April. So stick around and listen, pay attention and watch for the media spheres for that. Anyways, that I put in a nice long plug for about what four minutes almost Pete, Pete, How are you doing this week before we get to any callers or anything, because God knows what they might have to say this week.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm doing well, but it's been a regular monsoon here all. We haven't been able to get much done outside has been raining off and on every damn day for five days. But other than that, we're doing well. Spring is getting ready to kick in, so should be getting busy with a lot of stuff, a lot of projects that got lined up and.
Speaker 3: Other than that.
Speaker 4: I just got a list of five things that I picked up during the week that maybe we can discuss tonight if somebody wants to call in and discuss any of them, and so I'll start my list real quick. Number One, Sure, the team USA hockey Team one gold, forty six years after we beat the last communist country that we played, Canada, is you know, trying to be the bigger sport. But niner, niner, we don't give a damn well. One, I'll leave it at that. Two the State of the Union. I didn't watch it. I don't care. All I know is my pizza index is telling us we're getting screwed royally. You used to can get three tombstone pizzas for ten bucks. Now you're lucky if you can find two for ten bucks. It's getting ridiculous. Number Three in the UK turmoil. They just had an election. They've got their great gangs going on. You know, if you know what I mean, Tommy Robinson had to flee. And to tell you the power of suggestion, I was listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers when I wrote that down and spelled flee fla no figure.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see what else we got. Oh.
Speaker 4: The two thousand and three Bohemian Grove attendance list has been released by a journalist named Daniel bogus Law. So I downloaded that and I'm will peruse that sometime in the next few days just to figure out who was buddying up with who and number five and this one may be the most important the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now, they've only been around since eighty six receiving inductees, and I think they started out on a good note. But there's been some questionable picks over years, and that is they have nominated Shakira for a position. I believe Luther Vandross was also one of the people that they're nominating for induction, and controversies aside. For years has been said that a bunch of non music people are showing favoritism when they make these selections. But I found out some things about Shakira. I didn't know that woman is fifty years old. Now, anybody the feminine skin care beauty products business is a multi billion dollar business. All you've got to do is go ask Shakira whatever the hell she's been doing and do that. I have never seen a more well preserved fifty year old anything than her. She had to look a day over her late twenties. She's awesome. But on top of that, you know, to be considered you have to go twenty five years since your first commercial release, and she had I think four albums. She had four albums out before she even hit the English market. She was predominantly on the Latin market. In fact, she's probably more influential than a lot of people you would think for bringing Latin music into the mainstream.
Speaker 3: She's had.
Speaker 4: Had four Grammys, She's had fifteen, I believe Latin Grammys. She started in nineteen ninety one at fourteen years old. Does she Kira count as rock and roll? And that's my big question?
Speaker 3: Okay, So shall I go front to back or back to front on your list and explain to you how it is that we are so different, which is going to make this partnership really really interesting as we go forward, because you know, for many years I tried to change your mind, and I've now decided that instead, what I'm going to do is my very best effort to weaponize what it is that you are insistent on. So but but in the meantime, I want to demonstrate the difference in our thinking really quickly. Here. So shall I go with your your toplet of your list or the bottom of your list? First? Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't care. You can mix it, mix them up if you want a little from column, a little Collin b.
Speaker 3: Okay, well just keep me on track here. Let let's start with the first thing you mentioned, which I believe was the Olympic hockey team and the victory of the men. And I think you mentioned the men, but I don't know if you mentioned the women's hockey. But either way, hockey teams last week okay, they yeah, they had already gotten their medal by last Friday.
Speaker 4: We didn't win our goal until Sunday.
Speaker 3: Well, because this has never been anything other than a weapon of propaganda and an encouragement of tribalism, I see almost no relevance in this. I mean, do people actually still like swell? Oh? Yes, Team USA one? Yeah? USA. I mean, I know we saw that performatively on Capitol Hill, but I mean I don't believe most of the performances I see there. I mean literally, we just watched, you know, the Epstein hearings go sideways with Hillary Clinton come out with a straight face saying a dude, nothing, So you know, what do you what are we supposed to believe here? Is that a real relevance to you, to anybody in reality? Or is that just one of those like remnants of a time when we still had an idea about a national idea entity that didn't put us at each other's throats necessarily. I mean, what are your thoughts on that? Is it relevant even? And why is it relevant to you? That's my question.
Speaker 4: Well, damn, I they're gonna know. I'm going to get the third degree. Go ahead and get a rubber hose out and cut the lamp on.
Speaker 3: It's sports.
Speaker 4: You're not a sports fan, so.
Speaker 3: But I am. Don't get it, But I am not a hockey fan.
Speaker 4: No. We just took a gold medal from the one country who does nothing twenty four to seven three sixty five but play hockey, and we just whooped their ass. Okay, So it was a hard fought battle and we won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not about the game. I'm asking about this whole we thing. Why is it a wee?
Speaker 4: It's not about the game?
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you mean we? Oh? I understand.
Speaker 4: Oh I never slapped a puck in the game, So how can I consider being a part of a US national team support.
Speaker 3: I'm accepting. I'm accepting that.
Speaker 4: Pant No, we went through this over the Panthers when I pitched about our draft picks and what we did with them and how we didn't capitalize on having a quarterback that just played in the Super Bowl, thank you very much. So I don't want to hear it. If you can't, if that's if that's a tribe that you don't want to be a part of and you don't understand, then culturally you are missing out. It's a good thing. Okay, So don't understand it. I can't explain it.
Speaker 3: No. See, I like certain sports. I appreciate the performance. I appreciate the skill level. I find it remarkable that we are actually alive in the time of sho Heyo Tani, you know, just saying. And I used to love the New York Rangers, even though they didn't win. I loved them because of their character, the way they played the fact that they were kind of dirty and nasty and they still couldn't pull it off even when they tried to bring Gretzky in there and they had Mario and it was amazing. It was, you know, Gretzky.
Speaker 4: Now there's a source spot the Canadians for the whole time during the Olympics when they show to pick sure Gretzky while he was watching games or around the site, he was getting food left and right by Canadians. Why he played roughly half of his career for Canadian teams. He was on the Edwinson Oilers, but when he decided to retire, he retired to the US. And that's got them all pissed off. They can't stand it. So Gretzky is really a bad word in Canada right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But just because he moved where the money was and capitalized on his talent, I mean, is that not what you do is if you have a talent to sell and you can market it, is that not you know, a worldwide something that should be celebrated. If you have a talent that doesn't harm anyone, that happens to entertain people, and it is marketing, Who the hell has anybody else to tell him not to take it somewhere else where? Automatically the exchange gets you better paid. I mean, you know, and and Gretzky argue with it. You know. It's like Michael Jordan. You might not like him, but damn you got to say he was an incredible player, right, I mean, Mike Tyson despicable human being, awesome to watch fight. I mean, I'm just saying there is something too.
Speaker 4: Side a side note on Michael Jordan. His NASCAR team last weekend just won their first race.
Speaker 3: Cool, but you know, and that's a weird mix right there. And there's this whole weird meme thing that went on recently about you know, white people in NASCAR. But I'm not even going to get into that. But here's the thing. I appreciate the business of sports. I appreciate the the the actual sport itself, without the money and all that. I'm just asking about the tribalism and why it is that you've just kind of gone into that. I mean, let's just look at your your your heritage, per say, right, you know before you were Americans. I was going to ask a new once question. Okay, let me cancel my question.
Speaker 4: Let me explain something. Sure, all right, the US versus Canada in hockey at the Olympics is nothing more than basically the NHL North playing the NHL South. Okay, right, so you can look at it from that point of rivalry too. I Mean, the half of the teams are made up Canadians, nothing wrong with that, But we had a bunch of homegrown guys that put it on the ice. They left it on the ice, and they played the extraordinary. There was some excellent hockey in that whole series.
Speaker 3: Okay, that no arguments there. I did not, you know, I was not invested in the tribalism. It didn't motivate me to find a way to watch the stream. It was complicated, to be honest with you. So you know, I didn't see it. But I've watched hockey just to watch hockey, you know, because it's going on, and it's fascinating when people are skilled, that's for sure. It's just the investment of tribalism. And that's another interesting point, by the way, is the Team USA thing. You know, for a long long time, it used to be if you were a professional athlete, you couldn't be in the Olympics, right. You had to be an amateur. You had to be somebody who relied on other people to support you in a weird, sort of convoluted way as opposed to being a directly paid professional. That's how you got disqualified from being in the Olympics at one point. And then that sort of switched, right, and we have Team USA basketball. We had the major league players, you know, famously honest. Yeah, good, I'll be honest.
Speaker 4: I think they should go back to amateur status. I don't think they should allow pros. But the problem is, and this started the whole argument. You've got countries like China or Russia who were paying their Olympic athletes. That's all they did, that their job, and people were saying, well that how come they're not considered professional. They're being covered by their country, right, you know, all their expenses, they live a good life, and so that's what brought the argument out, and they said, okay, well we'll open it up to pros. I mean, look what has done to the Summer Olympics in basketball now that you got the Dream team every year that they call it, although sometimes it's a nightmare of a dream, but still, I mean, I think they should go back to amateur status.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard for an athlete to compete around the world to get the recognition, to be able to get on these teams to win the you know, the Nationals and this and that. It's hard for them, and it's very expensive with travel and everything else. So I can see both sides of it, but to me, the Olympics should be all amateur. That was the whole setup to begin.
Speaker 3: With, because the problem is they've gotten away from the sport and more into the propaganda because of the tribal pride. And therefore, you know, there are some people not only are they, you know, Olympic athletes, but there are people that are part of their professional teams in their region of the world. We're allowed to compete when we weren't allowing ours. And I remember this whole argument going on when I was much younger because of the Team USA baseball, and we assembled a hell of a team, the Team USA, if you remember anything, it was like what eighty six or eighty seven. They blasted like every pro we had pretty much they asked to play in the Olympics, didn't they. So, I mean it was crazy. But here's the thing. When you don't have a level playing field, right and they say, well, we're going to send our young people to play your young people, and their young people are in their twenties and our young people are in their teens, it usually is not a good matchup or vice versa, right, Or they say, look, we have a pro team. You have a pro team, and our girls show up and their guys show up. This is not a level playing field. I don't care what anybody says, liberal or conservative about this. Guys versus girls in any sport is uneven at best, if not dangerous. So the thing is, you know, at the end of the day, it is more about the tribalism than the sport. So I always find it interesting when people take a secondary or a voyeuristic pride into it and it's like it's part of them now, even though you had nothing to do with the corporate sponsorships, You had nothing to do with the people that actually slaved away in order to achieve amateur status, to get into the Olympics, to qualify, who dedicated their lives to stuff, you know, and all that, and you weren't invested. But now that they slapped the right colors on these people's chests, which by the way, not all of our players might even necessarily have been born in the USA or whatever else, that's okay because that's the way the America works, right. We import a lot of people. This is how almost all of us got here anyway, you know, And and importation could take on many different terms. I don't want to hear about it. The point is, this is not something that I feel personally vested in, and I'm just always fascinated by somebody who does. So anyway, let's move on to the next. What was the next thing you brought up in order after the Olympics was a.
Speaker 4: State of the Union. I didn't watch.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I don't give a damn.
Speaker 3: Now you might find this interesting, but to me, I thought it was perfectly appropriate. And why because it matches all of the mainstream rhetoric and it's just another advertisement and another opportunity for Trump to have an hour and forty seven minute commercial on television, which he has had now for a decade, where he's you know, constantly on the networks. And oh, by the way, the liberal media is clearly no longer owned by the liberals. But okay, it's cool. But I say, I don't object anything you have to say. Good. I'm just saying I'm just trying to fit is my personal view on it. But okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason the reason I didn't watch is because, for one, I cannot stand to hear Donald Trump go on about anything. I just it's it's just he puts me off. His expressions, the way and the things that he says.
Speaker 3: Half of what he says.
Speaker 4: Is complete cleave Faxel. I'll be glad when he's gone. But I don't understand almost the state of the union. People know the state of the Union every day when they have to go buy groceries or when they have to fill up their car, when their insurance premium shoot the roof. And we've got people up there in Washington that are supposed to be doing ship for us, and they clearly aren't. They clearly don't give a damn about us. So to I'm not going to give an hour and forty seven minutes to the upa loompa that wants to sit there and show the world what a flaming narcissist he is. See, I just can't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've seen clips. Okay, you know, but it's it's the circus.
Speaker 4: I can't afford the bread anymore to sit there and watch it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hear you. But at the same time, it's the same blind tribalisms USA. Those chants broke out and oh, by the way, the guys hockey team participated in this. After somebody gifted Trump one of the gold medals by the way. I don't know if he kept it for real or if it was just for the photo op, but I mean he actually brought those guys out as a special announcement in the midst of the State of the Union address while telling us that we are the hottest country ever, We are in the Golden Age of America. Everything is great, USA USA, and that he has fixed the economy. Everything is, you know, so much cheaper since he's been in office and all that stuff. And it sounds to me like that's exactly the kind of cheerleading that you would want to do if you're into the tribal just slap on the official coat of USA USA for the moment. But you disagree with him. Is it because of his narcissism or is it because of the delusional rambling? Or is it because of the length? What is the big turn off for you personally?
Speaker 4: It's a combinat well. The first thing is just having to listen to him. I'm sorry, I don't see how Milania has stayed with him. She must stay in another room because if you have to listen to that MF twenty four to seven, I'd be slapping him so hard that hairspray would not straighten out his damn hairdo when I got done. He's just for a rich man. I mean, if you're going to get up there, he doesn't have to sell anything because he's in office. He knows he can't run again. You know, he's going to make the best of it and make it all about Donald One. I can't stand a narcissist at all. I mean, if you want to get up there and tell the state of the union, tell the state of the union. But if you employ a bunch of people and you're paying them a bunch of damn tax dollars to do what they're supposed to do, you would think they could fact check a few things before you get up there and start making comments. What was it he said something like three or was it three hundred million or something people? And I'm sitting there thinking, there's only three hundred and fifty million people in the damn country. Where do you get this three hundred million?
Speaker 3: At stuff?
Speaker 4: Just little stuff that makes him look so damn stupid world stage. They can't get straight for a simple I hate that we have a brain trust. They're supposed to be running this country. On either side of the aisle, and they're all just a bunch of corrupt politicians who you could I don't trust them as far as I could throw them.
Speaker 3: Well, that almost sounds like a liberal complaint, because you know, I was called a liberal for pointing out the fact that he was talking about one thousand percent decreases in price, which mathematically causes an issue, even if it is run through the new Trump RX website, which I didn't name it. I didn't name it. I didn't want to call it. Trump the guy who slaps his name on everything, said that. I found that to be the most remarkable funny thing. And don't you think fact checkers are a little exhausted from getting yelled at that they have trumped arrangement syndrome. I mean, I would not bother if that was my business. I would be, you know, working at a drive through somewhere, because at least i'd be serving people something they wanted. Nobody wants the fact checking and the people that know that facts need to be checked here, and the facts are not in existence in most of the speech, guess what, they know it automatically, So the fact checkers serve no purpose. And it seems to me like it's perfectly appropriate for what the majority seems to have decided in this country is reality. And I got to say, there is a scientific basis for the observer changing the reality itself by perception. There's a whole quantum physics argument about this, where the physical reality can literally change based on the way people are observing it. And I'm starting to understand the twisted rationalizations of the world around me. But you can look at the last snap who news for the formula on that hint. It does involve agreeing with being in agreeance with one another about certain things or not. But anyway, so I just find it interesting because I think it was perfectly appropriate and not even really worthy of commentary for the most part, because did you expect anything different. I'm not surprised by any of it, and the fact that he was at least able to set yet another record by making it the longest state of the Union I think in history, or at least in modern history for sure. Time wise, I don't know. It just seems to track. So, you know, the objection and the demonizing the Democrats and pulling out you know, Team USA as if there were his own personal action figures and all of that and trying to point to hey, listen, I've got the mother of a murdered person, and that's who we're doing the ice thing for over here on the side. And yeah, it all tracks, plus even pointing at the you know, the the Supreme Court, which he says, hey, listen, Supreme Court shot me down. I'm very disappointed, but I'm just gonna go ahead and reinstate the tariffs again. All of this tracks. I don't see why there's any shocks, surprise, or even interest in watching it, So I don't blame you for not watching it. But at the same time, I'm confused by the you know, still insistence of people about complaining about what you know. It's like saying, man, I'm gonna be real pissed when the sun comes up tomorrow. This is just what's going to happen now. And the only objection I have in your whole set of statements really is you really think he's not going to try for a third term. You really think that's not going to happen one way or another. Seriously, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think his health is gonna let him do it. I'll really go.
Speaker 3: Do you think that'll be the loan factor that prevents it.
Speaker 4: Oh that or somebody eventually ends up successful in trying to shoot him.
Speaker 3: That's another weird point saying, oh.
Speaker 4: He's setting things up so that he can take control and make this to an authoritarian state. Well, you know, we're already in authoritarian state. It's just that we switch sides as to who's the authority, you.
Speaker 3: Know, fair enough for years, fair enough.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't think he's gonna try.
Speaker 3: You know, I hate to kick people back into reality, But here's something about those assassination attempts that people are missing again in that reporting, because there was in the meantime, yet again another alleged attempt on his life at more a lago. Right in reality, it has actually been, as far as what we publicly know, a fairly low amount of assassination attempts on this guy that have come to any sort of anything. Because if you track back and realistically look at maybe what the media didn't cover, but if you take a look back at Secret Service records, and you take a look back at stuff that they have memorialized in publicly accessible documents, quite honestly, he has not had a high frequency of attempts on him, as opposed to some of our very recent presidents, including Bush and Obama. Guess what now, I don't know Biden's assassination attempt record. I mean, you know, there is such a thing as beating a dead horse or shooting a corpse. I guess, so no point there. But I don't know the statistics. But so far from what I can observe from Trump's first term and this one, even what we know publicly is actually relatively non eventful. There's always assassination against our president, every single one of them. There have been attempts. Sometimes, you know, stupidity blocks the assassination attempt. Occasionally the Secret Service takes care of it. Sometimes accidental things happen. Sometimes a guy shows up with, you know, a semi automatic rifle at the White House, goes all the way in the residence and the guy's not home. That's happened a few times. Okay, just saying, given our history, to be honest with you, he hasn't even suffered a relatively high amount of incidents when it comes to this so far. But you know, then again, everybody's telling me that a civil war is coming, So what do I know? So would you mind moving to the next topic, because now I've totally forgotten it. Was it shakiri yet or are we onto something else next?
Speaker 4: No, all the all the purmoil in the UK and they've just had an election. They've got, you know, people are fighting for Islam. Took offense to him and threatened him. So he's in the state by the way red car at one Miami airport. He had to go to another airport so that he could use his debit card because he's been.
Speaker 3: Deb m So we have the controversy in the UK, which I find fascinating because the main thrust of that over here is, uh, this guy had to go because Epstein Poof. This guy had to go because Prince whatever the hell was over there actually involved with Epstein and now is no longer a prince whatever his new name is Poof. You know, it's interesting. There's like more Andrew Andrew sorry this Andrew Baton windsor thank you. But there's more fallout in Great Britain over the Epstein thing than there is in the US. Honestly when it comes to people in power.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know there and neck about neck and neck because we had what Larry Summers stepped down. Oh crap, there was somebody else that just somebody with one of the financial firms just stepped down. Hillary Clinton's lawyer or no, no, Obama's legal advisor in the White House just had to step down from whatever, uh financial institution she was working for. So the funny thing is though in the UK they're going after uh, the former prints because of him using trade data, uh, giving it to Epstein and possibly influencing markets. Uh. There was also a lot of emails covering when Libya fell and Epstein was talking to people about you know, how can we how can we benefit off this monetarily? What do we need to do? And apparently Andrew was giving him info then on trade deals and and certain information that was supposed to not be public, but come to find out through emails, the now king his brother knew about this. So they arrested Andrew. He got out on bail. They're investigating him funneled. Funny that they're not doing much in the way of investigating him towards the Virginia Giuffrey situation, which I fell into a rabbit hole this week, and also I'll fill you in on but they're going after him for this business deal thing. Now, if the King knew about it, that's where they're starting to say, Okay, well, what are you going to do? We already have evidence that the King knew that his brother was pulling this shit, didn't do anything about it, didn't do anything until recently by stripping his titles. Are we going to drag the king into it? And is he going to have to step down which will then bring in the golden child William. So it's interesting to see how this was going to play out well kind of.
Speaker 3: But on the other hand, I was reminded this week from somebody who actually got, you know, the archive of a whole lot of MP three's from the earlier shows of the Ocelli Effect. They were like, wait a minute, you were talking about this stuff that these people are stepping down about ten years ago, and I go, thank you, but it's twelve and yeah, I know, but nobody wanted to listen because it was just you know, the kookie conspiracy guy. But the reality is that a whole bunch of this stuff back, yeah, goodhead.
Speaker 4: Back in back in two thousand, yeah, twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, when this stuff was coming out. It just got ignored, which you know you're hearing part of that in the debate on this side of the pond when it comes to well, oh, everybody in the Obamama administration knew about this, but they do didn't do anything about it. Yeah, Harvey Weinstein, everybody in Hollywood knew what the hell was going on there for twenty years and didn't say it, damn think till he finally got busted. I mean, he's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But that's the funny thing is that everybody scoffs at the outcry people and the people to connect the dots until what they get confirmation from the bias institution they want to hear it from. And that's the funny thing where Okay, you know, for a while there it was nobody but the conspiracy people and a couple of people that were involved in things directly, and believe it or not, like him or not, Ed Opperman was directly involved in some of those cases, which is why I had him on talking around some of them because he couldn't disclose stuff that he had signed paperwork on, but he was letting certain things be known. Okay, so when did I start having him on twenty fourteen. Sorry, I didn't take the podcast live till twenty fourteen. Anyway, that's when I was talking about it with people that you know, had some information as best we could gather it. And that was without any of these you know files. Okay, these files now vindicate a whole bunch of stuff that we were told we were crazy about talking about. So now, the funny thing is the right wing fringe media picked up on it for a little while because they thought it paired nicely with Pizzagate, which you know, still to this day is remarkable to me that with no proof, we're going to keep insisting that happened, just because of weirdness and because people are you know. And the funny part is there are patterns of discussion in some of the Epstein files that are still being ignored, that are coded okay, like there is a whole Pizzagate type thing happening, but it ain't Pizzagate in the Epstein files. And yeah, I talked about it years ago and nobody's talking about it yet and nobody wants to hear it from me. So am I gonna take all my time and invest into No, But the funny thing is right wing fringe media picked up on it because it paired nicely with Pizzagate and they could go after the Democrats. Then it was found out that you know who your golden boy is. That's an in all this, I mean practically, it's not like Trump is in the Epstein files. It's like Epstein is in the Trump files. It's like who got their peanut butter in my chocolate? Or but their chocolate and my peanut butter over there. This guy is all sorts of involved with him. People in his cabinet are involved with him, and nope, paying no attention to that. Uh, from the other side. And now the left wingers, but the left wingers who are completely hip. Wait, wait, wait, let me get to the hypocrisy of the left. Don't cut me off until I balance it. The hypocrisy of the left is they didn't give a damn about any of it until it pointed in the right direction, the same as the right wing. And now we are literally witnessing this circus of an oversight committee yelling at people and then not answering questions, yelling back, and it is a completely incongruous and nonsense conversation. I mean, it is like the clown shoes have taken over the entire circus and that's all there is to it. And then there's a lot of people out there going, well, what about the actual crimes. Yeah, nobody's getting prosecuted, and Galaine has puppy time in her minimum security situation for being a sex trafficker. And that's the funny thing is that trafficking, which is funny to me, also has changed in its terminology. Wait a minute, it's changed in its terminology because now even simple prostitution is being called trafficking, which convolutes the whole issue and makes it into something else. But meanwhile, who's getting prosecuted, who's getting taken to task? Is anybody going to ask for yet another deposition from Trump or anybody else in the cabinet whose name is in the files? And you can also find Jackie the joke Man in those files, by the way, if you want to just go for name recognition. But it is amazing to me the like pick your poison, as far as what you're not going to pay attention to regarding this thing. And it's an issue being kicked around constantly, and that's all it's gonna be. I'm sorry, to say, guys, they are going to neutralize this by confusion. That's it, and it's gonna be for the benefit of guess what, everybody in power, everybody who had dirt on them, and nobody's gonna finally talk about any of the stuff that is still valid as all sorts of blackmail that nobody seems to know where it is. They can't show it, you know, on and on and on. So But meanwhile, cash Pateel can go party with the hockey team in Italy when they win. I mean, he's got time for that, and he can jet over there do that. But yeah, somebody solved this. No, they're not going to is my whole thing? Go ahead, say whatever you want. I'm done.
Speaker 4: Well, all I was going to say is this whole Epstein file thing is just show.
Speaker 3: I'm not messing with it.
Speaker 4: Disingenuous get to the left. They're realizing that that people are stepping down. Most of these people that have stepped down from positions have been die hard liberals all time. They're stepping down and they're you know, fading back into the shadows. One thing that irritates me, though, is you've got people like Thomas Massey, I agree with him on a lot of his stuff in fighting the bullshit that the Republicans have been pulling for years trying to say they're looking out for you, and they're not. But Massey has just made this massive little cult following him and Marjorie Taylor Green, although she's not there anymore. She got her damn retirement and hauled ass, so screw her. But these two have gotten together and formed this little cult over Oh, yes, the names, the names. You know, Massey has been saying for what four months now, I've got a list of ten or twenty people that they are not going to release, and I'm going to release. Well, they released four names and people with nuts over it, and come to find out people were getting docs who were simply in a lineup that was used for one of these I think it was when Epstein was arrested the second time they had some lineup information. Anyway, come to find out two of the guys that were using the lineup didn't even know who the hell Epstein was. One of them was an auto mechanic in New York or something. Anyway, he puts these names out there, the names that he's put out there. You and I both knew back in twenty fourteen. It's nothing new, but they're trying to make some big damn headline out of it. And it's like, I told you there is no list. What if we found out there is no list. I've told you. Epstein this whole time was not working for Mosad, and Epstein was working for himself. Now, he had a lot of clients, He had a lot of customers for the crap he had, including the CIA, the FBI, MOSAD, every other intelligence agency that had the money could go to Epste and get whatever the hell they wanted. He was working for himself. This is not some huge Jewish cabal that is running the world, and they put Epstein out there. Epstein above all else was worried about Epstein, and Epstein was working for himself. I don't care what anybody says. You're never going to get me to change my mind. Now on the letting the files out there, I don't understand why they can't sit down and redact whatever Victim's name victim and I put that in quotes because you can redact that. But why are we getting emails from Epstein that has somebody else redacted? When you read the information in the body of the email. They say, Oh, well, it's to protect the privacy of people who were innocent. Well, how in the hell do you know if they're innocent. Put their damn names out there and let these people start investigating this crap, because it's going to be the independent guys out there digging holes, one of which I came across the other day that got into this whole Virgin give your Geffrey thing, and how her story has changed twenty times since the beginning, and every time it changed, money was changed hands. So you know, I see a victim. According to some of the stuff I've read in the past week, she was just as guilty as the rest of them. She was just as bad as EPs. She was making her money off bringing her friends in and letting them get paid, and she was getting a cut, plain and simple. Epstein had the money to burn, and he burned it. Also read some information on his first case down in Florida and what the legal wranglings were behind that. And I'll tell you what, that guy he got set up big time, big time. And not only did they set him up, but they set him up purposely to tell him we'll create a list of people that we say are victims, and we're going to allow those people to sue you. In fact, we're even going to provide lawyers to cover them to take care of suing you. And then we're going to build you for the damnly eagle fees. That's how bad he got hit over a dan pandering charge. Okay, plain and simple. Well that was a railroad, and you can see from then how things got so screwed up.
Speaker 3: See, sometimes people get railroaded, Sometimes people get railroaded after they escaped, a lot of other things. And here's what's interesting about this whole Epstein saga. And I'll just put a punctuation on this and hopefully we can move to the next thing. But here's the parts that I guaranteed you haven't looked at, which is the casual discussions of torture, porn being exchanged, and you know, and cannibalism possibly occurring in emails along with along with you know, listen, here's the list of innocent names we're not going to publish being published because of the absolute chaos with which nobody knows how to redact. You know, it's like they were expert as far as keeping you know, parts of files redacted from us for many, many decades regarding JFK stuff until they weren't. And you know, it seems like, I don't know, maybe your girl Tulsa over there is not the best head or needs to hire better people, because she doesn't even have people knowing how to sort these things properly, apparently missing deadlines and not dropping the files like they're supposed to, and releasing the wrong stuff and hilariously supposed Yeah, well that's true, that is true on top of true. But she can only also do what she knows how to do. And I don't believe for a second that she knows how to handle a massive amount of data like this. Okay, I just don't see it in her skill set based on what we know about her history. It doesn't. I mean, miraculous organizer.
Speaker 4: Nobody is. I'm going to take up from a girl here. Nobody has the ability to handle the amount of data that they're trying to handle and shove through a funnel into the public eye. You know, And I'm sure there has been some heated discussions in the background as to what's going on now. If I were and they said, oh, we're gonna let doll. We're gonna let Tolsa Gabbert, head of National Security, handle this. I'd have said, wait a minute, ain't my job. Here's what we're going to do. Each individual department is going to handle their corrections or redactions, whatever the hell you want to call it, and we're going to put this shit out there. They haven't even got the JFK files out there. They were supposed to do that years ago. Now we're worried about this massive amount of data, and folks, there may be a of a lot more because what has come out is Epstein cleared out a lot of places and had shit put into storage, and they're still trying to track down the storage units where all these shit's boxed up. So you think there's six million files now, there may be another six million files come out before it's all said and done. This is not going to end anytime soon.
Speaker 3: It's going to be.
Speaker 4: Drug on for years. It's going to be argued about for years. But the thing is, oh and about Gallaine Maxwell. Have you seen the footage on X where somebody was walking down the street and recognized a woman and called her by name, and she turned and said, excuse me, what have you seen that, yet that woman ain't in jail. That's why when you mentioned puppy time, I wanted to break in and say, might not be puppy time for Galline. It might be puppy time for someone that looks an awful lot like Michael o' myers when it gets up in the morning.
Speaker 3: Could be. But here's the funny thing and why the defense of Tulsey, I'm sorry, still fails if she is not capable of doing the whole job. I get it, because there are many jobs where you could be the responsible party for running somethings. That's why they make you the head of it. In order to create something. If you had to build a house, you wouldn't do it single handedly usually I know men have done that in the past. But in order to do it efficiently, quickly and with good skills intact on all aspects of construction, you would bring in people that know how to do those things, and you would assemble a proper team. And that clearly was not done. So the head of National Security did not assemble or oversee a team.
Speaker 4: Time out, Okay, time out?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: How do you know she didn't try and was kept from doing it? I mean, plain and simple. Think of it this way. She's the guy that's the contractor building the house. She's got a sub who does all the framing. Case Cash, Ptel, and the FBI or above here the company that owes that subcontractor, the Department of Justice and Pam Bondi. Now she goes to Cash and says, I want this, and Cash says no and goes run into Pam, and Pam says no. Part of the problem that you're dealing with here is Pam Bondy in her position, not being able to get all those agencies under the Justice Department to do what the hell they're supposed to do. Now, I don't know, I've heard there have been some rumblings between Tulsi and a few of these people in front in charge of these other things. And that's the problem that you're seeing. She's you know, yes, you're right, she should have hired the people to come in. We don't know that she didn't. And the DOJ and the FBI all said, oh, hell no, no you're not. That's something you have to take into consideration. Oh yeah, because Pam Bondi and Patrick and Cash to tell I don't understand why they're still employed, let alone in this administration. I'm surprised they haven't had their ass fired and then nobody would hire them later on.
Speaker 3: Listen, that's how bad he's gott. I totally agree with you on those two, but put that aside for a second. I'm sorry Tulci fails because if she were an adequate enough head there, she could figure out how to work around that. I mean, do you think anybody that accomplished anything, whether for nefarious or positive reasons, in the past, did it with just the best people available to them right away. No, Sometimes they had to go outside, Sometimes they had to get innovative, sometimes they had to import training.
Speaker 4: Or about this though, yeah.
Speaker 3: Think about what s her job?
Speaker 4: What is her position? Head of National Security? Correct?
Speaker 3: Correct? Right?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see who makes up the intelligence agency. The most egotistical, hard hit headed assholes in government work for the NSA, the CIA, Naval Intelligence, Army intelligence, all of these what seven intelligence agencies that come under the NSA. She's got to deal with them, people like Clapper and Brennan. So she doesn't have the easiest job to do considering the assholes she has to work with. Oh, true, they're the most.
Speaker 3: I'm true, true, absolutely true.
Speaker 4: Level of government. I like to test people to a certain amount. But those those three letter agencies under the NSA are the ones I have the biggest problem.
Speaker 3: With, well right, seventeen of them that we know of, plus the ancillary adjunct pieces of other agencies like, for instance, you know you got NASA. Well, NASA has an intelligence, you know, our apparatus to it, et cetera, et cetera. So I mean you have an immensely complex maze of possible moronic idiots in in the frame. No problem, all true. But with that being the case, and the fact that we haven't just you know, self inflicted wounded our asses off of the planet already, with all these you know, jabbering monkeys in place, it must mean that that something gets accomplished from time to time. But she has failed to bring together the right group of people that could have overseen this whole thing and could become because every time she gets consulted and then not talked about again, even though she I'm just saying, listen, you want to defend her, you're gonna I could come back and answer you again with you know, look, this is how you innovate and fix. And we know that none of these people operate according to the standards that we know of in public majority of the time, for good or bad reasons. It just is. So we'll just call that one a stalemate and leave it at that. But I gotta tell you, I still will stick to my position and you'll probably stick to yours. What was the next thing on your list though? Are we getting to shakiri? Oh?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Right before number four was the Bohemian Grove list from twenty twenty three, from.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty three. That's interesting. Clue, Yeah, I'm here, you're hearing, yes, okay, so the thing is okay, Bohemian Grove from twenty twenty three. You're saying, well, I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say, yes, twenty twenty three. And that's something I hate out them statistic You know, even when you try to look up something and this is twenty twenty six, but for a lot of population and demographic information and taxo and DP you look at.
Speaker 3: This date, well, okay, you can.
Speaker 4: Find is roughly two years twenty five. Their heart is held to find, but the most recent stuff is twenty twenty three. This is kind of the same thing. Yes, was going on three years ago the attendance list, and I haven't had a chance.
Speaker 3: It's a long.
Speaker 4: List if I had had to just go and see exactly who was there.
Speaker 3: Okay, but here's the reality in collecting data. Instantaneous collection of data is not done by human beings. If you rely on instantaneous collection and the numerical values of those things, guess what you're trusting a computer to do all the work. And therefore a lot of nuance is not understand understood even with AI as it exists right now. So, and this is always my argument to people when they're cheering or they're screaming about, oh, we know this is happening right now, this is absolutely solid numbers. Actually, you're lying to yourselves always because those numbers don't settle down. There are always corrections and adjustments which need to be made because there were misunderstandings in the collection. There was misunderstandings in the data entry, whether a computer or a human being did it. So unless you're dealing with statistics that are a couple of years old and settled, guess what you're dealing with estimations that are based on a whole bunch of premises that are not settled. So yeah, that's the reality of that. So sorry, And I'm not surprised that it would take until twenty twenty three to you know, from then to now to actually verify and vet the names on the list so that you're not making an error. It takes them three years to tell you about it, and people go, see, he held it for three years. He's lying. Either way, people will take it as they're either being disingenuous or lying when they delay statistics when the truth is in order to get real solid, confirmed numbers, it's not done instantaneously. I can never understand these arguments. It drives me crazy because people go, oh, well, what about this year's numbers, Well, this year isn't over yet, so you have estimate, you know what I mean, Like a lot of things can happen. I'm sure in two thousand and one people did not expect a bunch of shifts in public attitudes and behaviors. You know, going into August, they had an idea about the way two thousand and one was going to turn out. Then September eleventh happened. You know what I'm saying. You might think you know what the production is going to be and what people's lives are going to be like in a certain part of a country or in a country in general. And then as tsunami hits it, there are things that occur that disrupt the estimation and projection. So you have to wait for things to actually occur, and then for the data to be collected, and then for the data to be you know, just looked over, actually verified, And people don't understand that does take time, even with computer and try to use them. Even if you let the computer do it, you've got to have you know, human human interaction here to double check it because guess what occasionally do to data error entry mistakes by people, The computers make a mistake, and then you've got to go back and readjust it. All kinds of anomalies come up in collecting things. This is why it drives me nuts when people are like, you know, do this math now, and it's like, look, that can't be done accurately. So I'm not surprised that it takes that long. Now, how relevant do you think? This is my ultimate question? How long do you do you think is it relevant anymore? Actually what's going on at Bohemian growth? Do you think that's still one of those elite super secret but yet we know about it kind of meeting places like the Builder Like you don't hear much about Builderberg. Now, Alex Jones certainly isn't talking about Builderberg anymore, is he? It was his obsession for many years, but he's not talking about it at all anymore. Matter of fact, I don't think Alex Jones brings up Boheming Grove anymore. Huh. I wonder why, because that was supposed to be the center of the universe, of the grand conspiracies of all and so I'm just curious. I mean, I'm not saying I agree with Alex Jones, but I'm wondering, from your point of view, how relevant is the weird little queer meeting out in the woods of powerful and rich men in California there, Because that's the way I see it. Let's dress up and let's you know, a cremate care and chant and run around and dresses and do this all in secret in the woods for you know, our vacation time alone. A bunch of guys running around in the woods, and some things happen that are not exactly heterosexual. Just saying, how relevant is that to the circles of power and actually the true power structure in the country, in the world at this point in your mind, be Pete, what do you think? Is it relevant anymore? Is it a relic of the past, Is it a joke? What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think it's a relic of the past in a lot of senses. But it's comparable to the Epstein Files. Now that these things are being released and people are reading what rich weird people do with their money, it would be similar in that here we have a bunch of elite, rich guys going into the woods for a hour, many long days it last, I don't know, but the stories that would come out of there would show you that rich weird guys doing weird shit with their money. In the Epstein Files also goes on there, maybe to a smaller degree. Anytime you get that people with that much money and a bunch of I mean, you've got egos, you've got fetishes, you've got shit in the closet, You've got all sorts of stuff going on that people don't hear about every day. They're starting to get a glimpse of what some of these people did through the Episod files and what their hobbies were I mean Bill Gates, look at him. The story on Bill Gates has done a one eighty from years ago. Oh he's this guy that came up in his garage with his operating system, and he was a brilliant guy. And then he switched into the we want to make a fake everything, so we don't have cows and we don't have butter, and we don't have this. And I got guys in a lab working on all this mad science to shit, and then we have COVID come out, we find out what happened with the vaccines. I think Bohemian Grove would just be another chapter in weird rich people doing shit that they can't do anywhere else because they get in trouble for it.
Speaker 3: That's where it is, That's what it is. But if that's the case, then really what we're looking at is just a you know, a getaway weekend for the elite and bizarre. You know, those that have become bored with all of the natural pleasures out there, so now they seek the unnatural and supernatural. You know, maybe that's all it is.
Speaker 4: Wonder though, Well, but think about this. I saw a picture of Clarence Thomas that was supposedly a Bohemian grove. Now, Clarence is a wheeler dealer, he's you know, he's the sense oh what's his name died, Scalia died. You know, Clarence is the conservative rock on that side of the of the court. And it's like he's got a guy, a friend of his is that takes him to all these places, expensive vacations, a motor home and this and that. And you wonder what it is about Bohemian Grove that would interest somebody like Clarence Thomas. You know, you think about it. Is it just rubbing elbows with you know, rich people? And you can sit down that I'm not a judge, You're not a corporate magnet. You know, we're just out here having a good time. Or does Clarence have a whole bunch of shit in the closet. We don't know about that. We'll probably never know about. But you know it's free kingdg weekend at the Bowiemian Grove.
Speaker 3: It makes you wonder, well, look remember from the Anita Hill thing. You know, who the hell starts talking about pubic hairs on a coke? Can you know what I mean? So strange proclivities are in play. As far as I'm concerned, whether you believe any of that stuff or not, it's kind of weird that they would make up weirdness for him. Number one. Number two, I think it's actually not all that bizarre or sophisticated. It's two things. Look, a guy who's gonna have business before the court definitely would like to have a friendly judge there, that is, you know, super friendly to him. And I think, you know, Thomas is simply not immune to the allure of free vacations, because this guy, when he was asked about a bunch of this stuff pretty much you know, snapped immediately, no lawyer's advice, said, Look, you know, the guy offered me trips and stuff, why wouldn't I go When he was asked about other trips, you know, the hunting trip or whatever, even though he doesn't hunt. You know, this getaway out of lake on an island that you know, happens to have its own lake and isn't on any normal maps anywhere, doesn't even have a name. All this kind of stuff. And whether they gave him a trip to Bohemian Grove or they gave him a trip to Vegas, what's the difference maybe he just, hey, free vacation, let's go. Why not. Maybe he's just you know, frugal and by the way, I would take a free trip to Vegas. I'm not sure if I would go to Beemian Grove, but maybe just to see what the hell is going on and be sworn to secrecy and whatnot, so long as I don't have any mandatory participation attached to that trip, you know, or anything else. I mean, I'll go to Vegas. It doesn't mean I gotta get hookers and blow and you know, and blow my whatever money I have, which wouldn't be much, take me about two minutes. But I mean, you know, would I turn down the free trip and hotel room. I don't know. Maybe not, especially if it's you know, gonna make them friendly in the future for things I might want to do or my wife might want to do. Uh you know, hey, look, this guy can supply my wife with cool stuff. So you know, what he offered me a free trip, I should be friendly and accept it. I don't know, but I don't think it's all that complicated. I think it's actually just something as simple as that. What are your thoughts, man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would think. You know, I can see one to go for a guy's weekend. We're gonna hang out, we're gonna do some silly shit, we're gonna have fun. Okay, fine, but I don't I don't see what the fascination is with these people that attend.
Speaker 3: It's it's the cultural.
Speaker 4: Personality all over again. You know people that are up there that other people seem to have these cult feelings for, Well, they're a little cult among themselves. You know, hey, I rubbed elbows with three presidents two x you know, presidents of major banks. And okay, fine, you know, well, hey' all next week where I'm going fly fishing with one of them. Great, that's fine, But I just I don't know. I've really not had any interest in it. It's just to me, another example of rich weird people getting together to do stuff with other rich weird people.
Speaker 3: Well, right, But then again, a guy who doesn't necessarily have to be weird, although I think Clarence Thomas is pretty well off. But even if he was or wasn't irrelevant. I mean, if you and I just doing this radio show, right, somebody said, listen, I know that you guys are going to be you know, covering news stories about us in the next few weeks and all that, But put that aside for a moment. What would be a mutually acceptable thing for you and me? How about like a massive music festival where there's a whole lot of bands where you know, you and I could pick from Colin Ay and Colin be Boy. I'd love to see them again live, or these are people I think have been fascinating, or we're never going to be able to see these groups again. Whatever. Let's think about a twenty twenty six version of Live Aid that's going to be all day concert. Right. If somebody said, we'll send you to where that is, put you up in the hotel where the musicians are gonna be and give you backstage passes just because we like you. You and I might look at that and go for free for real, And they might say, yeah, and would you go? I might, And I don't care if it was Elon Musk that offered it to me, even though I believe he's going to be partially responsible for destroying the world at some point. But even if if Elon Musk offered that to us, I would take it, and I definitely consider him to be a super rich weirdo. But definitely you know what I'm saying. So you know, and why not if somebody said, hey, look, just general trip to Vegas. There happens to be a poker tournament there. Tell you what, guys, I'll give you the hotel, plane fair, I'll make sure you get their private jet and your meals are covered all that, Plus you're entered in the poker tournament. You and I would be hanging out playing cards in Vegas for at least the weekend. You know what I'm saying. Just because, And again, if it was Elon Musk or somebody like that, I would take it. And I'm why not, ain't gonna hurt him and gives me something interesting to do, and who knows how I would do it good?
Speaker 4: I would do it just because it would give me the opportunity to tell some of these people to fuck off.
Speaker 3: Well, that would be fun too, That's always that's always a bonus. But okay, so fair enough. Now what is the next thing on the list?
Speaker 4: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: Okay, and this is where Shakira comes in, right, Sorry, did you say something?
Speaker 4: Did you commentary that someone had put out?
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, no, you broke up a little. It's all right. We're gonna be upgrading soon. But let me just get to it. First of all, Shakira being fifty, that's weird enough to me because I'm certain she's been around for thirty years at a bare minimum as somebody that I was aware of, which is weird to me that she's only fifty now because I didn't think she was very young then. But she hasn't aged really, and I think she.
Speaker 4: Has not aged a bit, right, not one bit.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she's doing, but I wish she'd put it in a damn bottle. I would pay nineteen ninety nine for it.
Speaker 3: Well, so with almost anybody. But here we go with the weirdness. Like I know, I've aged since I first heard of Shakira to now a lot everybody I know has aged a lot since I heard of Shakira. A lot of people are dead anyway. The point is that you can't bottle it. It's called genetics, and she has a certain set of genetics there that just simply are not aging quickly. There's that, plus she keeps herself in shape, and really she was first known and came to like everybody's attention for her unique way of shaking her ass, which has become a whole other, you know, cultural staple. And you got to admit, dancing is part of rock and roll, and rock and roll is not this you know, easily definable thing. You know, when they say the rock and Roll Hall of Fame, even to call something rock and roll at this point is weird. Uh. In in our current you know, artistic malaise that we find ourselves in where AI is doing a lot of work, rock and roll is almost an outdated phrase now for somebody to clearly define it. I got to say, when you listen to certain people's definitions of it, they are at the valid and at the same time completely different one way or another. Like there are people that would tell me that let Me Killmeister has nothing to do with rock and roll. He was a metal guy. Let Me Kill Meister was rock and roll, you know, and so was Guess Berry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, good, but I've heard In fact, I heard a guy. I heard a guy just two days ago saying, hey, when we look at these lists, granted, there have been inductees that were kind of questionable over the years. But when you're going to consider someone like Shakira over Motorhead, how can you even make that comparison when it comes to the subject of rock and roll? And I have to agree with him. There's people, you know, Phil Collins was inducted under Genesis when he was part of Genesis, but now he's up for an individual induction. And I could consider Peter Gabriel, Yes, still a part of rock and roll. But when you don't have Motorhead in there. As long as Motorhead was out there pounding live performances, they didn't. Their live performances were asked pnomical compared to albums. You know, you look at King Floyd. They would do a tour every other year, every year for a while, then they didn't for a few years. Now, Damn, Motorhead was out there pounding the pavement every damn day. Why are they not in there? And why are they not in there when you're considering someone like Shakira. Don't get me wrong, she's a fantastic artist. She puts out good music and correction, she's forty nine. She just turned forty nine February second. I said fifty. I was wrong, Wow, But still at forty nine. God damn, she's the best preserved thing I've ever seen. But still, you know, things like Motorhead, they're considering Oasis and groups like that. Dolly Parton is in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Motorhead isn't something's wrong there?
Speaker 3: Okay, now there is something wrong with Motorhead not being there, But Dolly Parton belongs there, Shakira belonged there because they are elemental pieces of what can see. That's the thing about rock and roll that is really bizarre that I think is so misunderstood and winds up people backing into their own little cultural corners mostly and rejecting different things for different reasons. The thing is, it is a giant eclectic thing. This wasn't you know, some sort of you know, staple of music that existed forever. What it did is it cobbled together many things and took on many forms. You know, you could look at the the you know, the blues, which was effectively developed here in the United States, and jazz, which pre existed that by a long time period. Those two things put together do make rock and roll, but they are not the only formula. That's like saying you can only get drunk on vodka. It's it's no good. You know, you got to understand that rock and roll is not a single drink. It is the bar. And that's well.
Speaker 4: I understand that, but when you look at it this way, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has had a problem with heavy metal bands. You look at the heavy metal bands, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, motor Head, you know they the When you consider Shakira now, she says that a lot of influence came from you know, rock artists, and I understand that, but you look at the product that you're putting it putting out. It's hard now for rock and roll to be considered rock and roll because it's been devalued and dewatered over the past fifteen twenty years. You don't have rock station. If you have a rock and roll radio station, they're playing shit from Zeppelin and Queen and everybody else. Back in the Dinosaur days, there's not really a lot of new rock bands. So by diluting it, I don't understand. I don't consider I don't think Dolly Parton should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame unless you can show me all the songs that she wrote for rock and roll artists, which there are very few. Most of her songs that were written that were done by other than country artists. Was pop radio Top forty that's not rock and roll. Rock and roll is a sub section of pop music, or Top forty. Rock and roll is rock and roll. I don't think Shakira fits. I don't think Luther Vandross would fit into that group. So why are they even in consideration? Maybe I'm more of a purist. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, you have a certain purest point of view. But here's the thing. Does Michael Jackson belong in the rock and roll Hall of Fame? You know, there's a big question. Oh no, see now, the king of pop in my education.
Speaker 4: He wasn't the king of rock. He was the king of pop.
Speaker 3: Okay, But oddly enough, I'm weird like this. I think he belongs because rock and roll. Again, Look, you go back to the argument about the rock station.
Speaker 4: Well, let me give you an example.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just let me just run by part of what you said, and then you can give me an example because exactly, well wait, wait a second, the radio station you were talking about, right, every major market has a rock station. You're right, and they all have the same formula, and it runs roughly from the late sixties to the mid nineties. Is basically ninety nine percent of the music they play, if it's not something new released by an artist from that time period, that's what they play on all these rock stations all across the country. And to me, there is plenty of rock and roll that occurred before that time period and after that time period. I think Luther Vandros belongs. I think that anybody that introduced an element which especially changed things regarding rock and roll and even influenced it to a heavy degree, is eligible. That's why I think Dolly belongs there, which is weird to probably hear from some people because I'm the heavy metal guy. It took them forever to accept Black Sabbath, which was ridiculous because Black Sabbath literally created a whole new genre of music from rock and roll. I mean, so this is the evolutionary and the precursors to the thing itself. I think it all qualifies and all belongs to be recognized if it played a part in the overall bar, that's the thing. Not every bar has the super expensive you know, whiskey. But every bar has got some whiskey, and there's a reason, you know what I'm saying. And every bar has the weak little girly drinks, and you know what every other bar has too, is some water. Almost everything to some degree you know that exists in modern music is either touched by, influenced by, or generated by, or is an element which is then later on added into guess what what I consider to be rock and roll. So there is a circular loop here where even people have complained about hip hop artists, right, they're hip hop, they're not rock, Well what is hip hop? And didn't hip hop then become cycled back into rock music and become part of it as well? See what I'm saying. It's not a straight line. It's a circular thing that keeps rolling. Literally, that undone rock and roll keeps rolling itself into new things. And even with the stagnation in creation as it exists now, we still see the older elements of pop, electronica and all these things that technically at their inception we're not rock and roll becoming integrated into this huge sort of massive collaboration, collective collaboration that has occurred here as a result of this genre snowballing, that's rock and roll to me. Now to you, rock and roll might have a different formula. Maybe you could tell me what that formula is. But every time I ask a purist about this, they give me bands, they give me examples, but they don't seem to tell me exactly what the formula is that makes something rock and where it deviates away and becomes something else, or what it lacks in order to not qualify as rock and roll exactly. It sort of fails in one way or another because I can find an example that'll counter that, even in their own arguments. Usually, So I'm curious, what do you think qualifies as rock and roll? And you want to give me an example, So go ahead.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna say, for example, to Jean Luke Ponpeig, he's a violin player. He's very heavy in jazz. His start was in classical, he's gone on to jazz. He was playing with people like Frank Zappa back before Zappa was with the mothers of invention. That goes a long way back in music history. I mean, you're talking the late sixties now. I would never even consider Jean Luponti to be a part of the rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That's not his genre. It's not what he does as a main emphasis of what he does. I don't think hip hop acts should be in there. The only hip hop act should that should be in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame is was it run DMC with their collab with Aerosmith. Other than that, that's a separate genre of music and the majority of what they do is in that separate genre of music. Who is the guy, oh Jacko Pactorius. He was with Weather Report. They were a jazz group, they were a fusion jazz, progressive jazz, whatever you want to name them. I wouldn't consider him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And that guy, sadly he's passed away, but that guy was on the forefront with all of these rock and roll artists way back in the sixties, seventies on up through that eighties.
Speaker 3: Does Public just quickly does put a jazz artists? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Don't quickly?
Speaker 3: Does Public Enemy qualify because they collaborated with Anthrax on Bring the Noise? And I would definitely I'm not saying Anthrax is the Hall of Fame worthy, but if they were Hall of Fame worthy? Would that not also drag Public Enemy into the discussion because they collaborated with a metal band which is an offshoot of brock and Roll no or yes, no, I don't, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: Run DMC was doing some other things in addition to what they did with Aerosmith. I wouldn't consider that one collaboration with Anthrax would put him.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Hall of Fame, Well this was public Enemy. Well, this was Public Enemy who did the collaboration with Anthrax, and they were definitely off doing a lot of other things like Run DMC was previous to do and bring the noise.
Speaker 4: They are Public Enemy as far as I'm desern is a rap hip hop group. They're not. They shouldn't be in the rock and roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you do know they collaborated with Anthras for a crossover very similar in formula to what Run DMC did with Aerosmith, Right, Okay, just checking, yes, but.
Speaker 4: I think that I think I think Public Enemy Run DMC was one of those that were kind of on the board a rap was really just coming out when they were big time. I mean, look at that's like, would you consider Will Smith to be a rock and roll artist, well his hip hop days.
Speaker 3: Well no, but I mean run DMC is part of the pioneering end of hip hop because they actually charted on the rock charts with a rap album before collaborating with Aerosmith, who was actually on a downslide in their career at the time. That walked this way was redone. So it's interesting to me that, you know, and and by the way, there are plenty of rap artists before Run DMC, and they had you know, rap charts, hip hop charts are and beach charts, et cetera. But run DMC actually broke straight on into the rock charts with their out and then you know, you know, cashed in on it by collecting with Aerosmith after and then did I think the album was if you can show.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's one thing, if you can show that a group was was charting on the rock charts at that time and pulling in the numbers, I mean, you've got to you've got to make an impression to even hit the chart. If you're able to chart those those entries that they've got, that's one thing, but just a one off, No, I don't I don't think they should be considered I think that's a different genre of music rock and roll. It's kind of like what was it they used to say about obscenity laws. It's really hard to define, but I can tell you what it is when I see it. Rock and roll is kind of the same thing. You hear it, you know, it's rock. This all this other crap is just I don't know. Maybe it's more the cult of personality taken over. But I don't consider Shakira. God bless her. She's an excellent artist. I don't think she deserves to be in the rock and roll all of lame.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I've heard other people even argue that like dancing no cool. I've heard other people argue that dancing is an essential element to the you know, at the inception of rock and roll, and it's certainly always been part of it. And it's not dancing in the traditional sense, and it's definitely not you know, disco, but dancing along with rhythmic stuff has always been part of it. Right even when you saw the earliest possible images of anything called rock and roll with Little Richard and you know and Chuck Berry and these guys you know, back in the fifties even right, you know, dancing was an essential element of it. What about the argument that Shakira basically innovated and created a whole new thing with this whole what do they call that twerking? I mean, it wouldn't exist without the influence of Shakira and that wild ass shaken that she did. That was really her memorable trait that broke her through into mainstream recognition regardless who even knows what she was singing because people were just mesmerized by that ass movement. I mean, let's be honest, right, So what about that sort of argument when you have an element that is not necessarily directly related to a formula of music, but might be related to the culture, Because rock and roll is not just a music, it's a culture as well, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Minch Yeah, they were playing dance music. Dance was a part of the beginning of rock and roll until an artist sat down and said, hey, if I put out this album, I might have a few songs on here nobody's going to be dancing to. And they found out they could do it. Look at the progression from say Bill Haley and Chuck Berry and what it went to up to the bands where suddenly you had Jethro Tolls shooting off in a progressive form, and yes and these I mean Rush, that's all progressive rock. Pink Floyd was progressive rock. It was a subunit of rock and roll where albums people would sit down and listen to an album. It wasn't geared again to change from forty five rpm records to full albums. You know, singles were the thing back during Bill Haley and the comments. It progressed into album stage where Okay, we're gonna put fifteen songs on here, and two of them you won't be able to dance to, but you end up sitting there hitting your ball and listening to them, and it becomes a part. I don't know if there's a progression there in rock, but I don't think past the point to where you include every top forty radio artist in the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think Shakira is part of that evolution. I don't think Luther Vandross is a part. I don't think Barry White should be in the rock and roll all of vein. He was singing soul of music, and there's a difference.
Speaker 3: Okay, look fair enough, but when you take a look at somebody like Dion Warwick or you know, Aretha Franklin or something like that, I think we're you know, we're in a different category. But it is interesting to note that we went from a time period where a musician was like, sell a single and maybe your B side will be happy too, you know, to well, sell a single so that we can sell the album, to concept albums and double albums, you know, the glut of it all, and then they could fit much much more on a CD. You know, on and on it goes. But the evolution there were some steps along the way that necessarily might have been you know, kind of not exactly on the point of the exact formula you might look for. But it's weird because at the end of the day, it does come down to the what is pornography? Question? Right? Well, I don't know how to describe it, but I know it if I see it. Okay, but that's kind of odd. I'm just saying just my mind, and to my mind, there's a lot of elements that come in, and there's people that don't belong there, that were purely you know, nothing, but marketing me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at this kind of like you look at the Grammys. Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell album was one of the highest selling albums of all time, never won a Grammy. Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon was on the top two hundred for Billboard for over seventeen freaking years, never won a Grammy. You know it's you wonder about things like that. Did they not win the Grammy because they were too rock and roll? Well, I mean, who doesn't know the Grammy by the dashboard lighte from meat Loaf?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, the Grammys are a garbage thing reality. I know they're great rewards for musicians and all, but I mean the laughable. I remember the year that the Jethro Tull won in the heavy metal category over Metallica, who still deserved to win that heavy metal category at that time, and Jethro Tull won for an album that I didn't even know anybody who heard it. It was like it didn't belong in the category they put stuff. You want to talk about people who don't know what rock and roll is. The people at the Grammys, which is not just rock and roll, but the people at the Grammys have no idea what they're doing. They miscategorize everything, and I have no explanation for what goes on at the Grammys. The Grammys are like, you know, listen, my toddler doesn't like ACDC, or my toddler loves ACDC. Either one of these things is not a qualifier or disqualifier for me. It bears no weight on my scale. What the Grammys do?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Because good God will give.
Speaker 4: You an example. A perfect example you've got was this Sabrina Carpenter, who was one of Disney's prodigies that got brought up and now she's a huge artist on pop radio. She won an award for Best New Artist four years after she put out her music. It's like, wait a minute, why are you even given a Best New Artist award to somebody whose first album sold so many copies for Disney on her Hollywood Records or whoever it was they had four years ago. Why is she a new artist? It's crazy. Maybe we should look at who's doing the voting at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I would think that you would take the inductees and let them vote that before it got to the point that it's at now, Because now it's beyond repair.
Speaker 3: See, that would be great if they did that. But that's the thing about these, you know by vote situations, is there are so many weird agendas, you know, involved in this. And I mean, you know, asking a bunch of guys who figured out a way to make a living as musicians to begin with, to quantify and qualify things, you're asking for trouble. But but that might be better trouble than whatever the hell they have is going on there, I know, but I'll tell you what I mean.
Speaker 4: Just saying a good example face brings it up in the room. He mentions the band Kansas. Now, when Kansas first came out, people thought.
Speaker 3: Who the hell are these guys?
Speaker 4: But look at what they went on to do over the course of them being a band. I mean, they put out some phenomenal stuff that was full of orchestrated cuts a classical elements, and yet look at how big Kansas became. They're one of them. I mean, to me, that was one of the bands I grew up on. But you don't get the accolades. I mean, I don't understand how Iron ma I don't think I is iron I don't think Iron Maiden is in there no, I can Iron Maiden not be considered rock and roll over someone like Shakira.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, Ila entirely with your objections regarding metal bands that have not been included, artists who literally innovated genres and created subgenres that are now three, four to five generations deep, still not being involved in the rock and roll Hall of Fame where they absolutely belong. There's a ton of them because Nope, metal's not rock. And I'm telling you that's that's the kind of thing that it's like, it's so arbitrary that I.
Speaker 4: Don't understand anybody. I don't understand anybody that could make that comment that metal is not wrong. Awk, if it's not rock, in the hell is it? Well?
Speaker 3: I asked the same question about punk. Most of punk music. I'm not talking about performance artists who make noise. I'm talking about people that actually make music, and it's punk. It belongs in the rock category as well. It belongs in the rock and roll Hall of Fame. It just does. I know. It originated as the anti rock statement, but honestly it became just the slightly wilder cousin of the original rock and roll. You know, a formula that's all was and heavy metal for the most part. There's a whole lot of bands that people like consider to be heavy metal bands that really aren't as well. Like AC DC is nothing more than a honestly a kind of a formulaic, repetitive rock band. They've basically been playing the same kind of rips now for I don't know, fifty years. They've gone through two singers, that's not too many, and they've had the same lead guitarist for you know, half a century, and pretty much it's almost like the Ramones. It's the same song, just slightly rearranged over and over again. And I enjoy them, I do, you know something, not everything, but I enjoy the majority of a CDC's material. But there are some people that would argue to me, that's a heavy metal band. That's not a rock band. I don't even hear heavy metal. That is rock and roll.
Speaker 4: It's all isn they they should they should be in exactly, they should be in a rock and roll Hall of Fame. I hung there with any If you see DC doesn't it's not rock and roll. You have no concept of what rock and roll.
Speaker 3: Is absolutely true, and you know, look, I know it's a little odd, and for some people it's a little aggressive. But aggressive is not wrong, you know what I'm saying. There are a couple of different ways to go about this, and yes, some of it, you could make love songs out of it. You can make a you know, holy crap, I think you're good looking. Hello, I love you. The Doors is rock and roll. Also, you know what I'm saying, it's not all one sound. There's a great eclectic collection of things here, and that's my argument. But again, you know, I get told I'm crazy, you're good.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of people that have opinions like that, I'm sorry. I don't think they have a very good opinion of music because they would only consider certain things. I listen to all kinds of music. But the Moody Blues. Look at how many bands they influence. Now, they were progressive as hell, they were one of the first progressive hop bands. But they were rock and roll, and they influenced the hell of a lot of music down the way.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you a lot of people object to when I say this, but I think Eric Clapton sucks. He's overrated as hell. But here's the thing I wouldn't object I don't object to him being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. He's been entered in there with what Derek and the Dominoes, the Yardbirds, I don't know, five different bands. I don't object to it. I just think it sucks. I don't think it's very good, but it belongs to because a lot of people enjoyed it and it became part of the culture. And there's a lot of people that count him as an influence, et cetera. But I think he's one of the most overrated guys ever to strap on a freaking guitar. Really, I don't understand. It's like, you know, the Oh Wow is a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people. A lot of people have the same opinion that you do. Eric Clapton's overrated, and in some aspects he may be. But Eric Clapton was part of that blues foundation over rock and roll. If you want to hear good Eric Clapton, you need to hear him live when he's playing just live jam. I saw him down at the House of Blues in Rurtal Beach, and I mean he's Yes, he's overrated by a lot of people, but he's damn good at what he does. And when playing the blues. He's he's right up there with some of the best. Another example, Patrick Travers, guy out of Canada. He was over in London when the punk scene was kicking off. He couldn't make it over here. He wanted to go over there, started playing clubs. Eventually he came back to the States. But Pat Travers isn't in there. He's got five, i know, five solid rock and roll albums that should put him in consideration. But again, we're talking about Shakira, Luther Vandross well In shouldn't even be in a discussion.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. I don't feel that way. Now here's the thing about it again, just going over this part of it. You know, Eric Clapton is part of that English imitating blues situation where an American blues artist, when asked about it in the seventies. I can't remember the guy's name, but I'll never forget the quote. He said, well, you know, these English guys they want to play the BRUEs, real real bad. And you know what, that's what they do, they play the blues, real, real bad. I appreciate that because, you know, when Clapton toured with Stevie Ray, Vaughan. I was really sad that the wrong helicopter crashed. Seriously, Stevie Ray Vaughan was an amazing artist and weirdest looking guy you know. And two other guys who look like they probably just you know, put down the the squeegees at the gas station to come to play drums and bass double Trouble. It was hilarious, but you can't argue with the results. The guy did things with a guitar that I don't believe other people are able to replicate, you know, much like Hendricks and you know, here we go. Hendricks may be overrated a touch, but not really when you listen to his studio work anyway. Put him aside. A guy like Zach Wilde, in my mind, has to go in at some point, you know, not just for playing with Ozzie, but the guy is an incredible just you know artist with his chow An instrument and even though he looks like you know, I don't know a Pennsylvania biker got thrown back from a time machine, you know, in the nineteen seventies to now, the guy is amazing as a guitarist, and not just because he's from Jersey. Do I appreciate him. But there's a lot of people whose elements are going to come into play here. And there's also the cultural consideration. Shakira is on the borderline in my mind, but I think she goes in Luther Vandros not on the borderline. I think he goes in who else did you object to in the recent considerations in class? Or who else do you celebrate? By the way, did you happen to examine any of that?
Speaker 4: Let me pull up the list of who they're considering this time. Let's see I saved that article.
Speaker 3: Let me go, well, I'll tell you what. You pull that up. Let us take a quick break here, because well, let's just take let's take a quick break here. You pull that up, Okay, and uh, hopefully somebody will join us here in the last little bit because we're almost out of time for this Friday night. Nobody called in three one nine, five, two seven, five zero one six. We got lost in our conversation, but there you go. Uh, and I kind of enjoyed this gives you a different perspectives about b peach list what he thought, what I thought? And we went back and excuse me, back and forth a little bit. But I need just a quick break, so I'm gonna take it here on the Ocelli effect and return as quickly as I can. But you can join us after this three one nine, five, two seven, five zero one six and yeah, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: Revelation through conversation.
Speaker 5: Revelation through Conversage.
Speaker 2: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island aren't with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the Warstate dot com.
Speaker 6: Glousy face person plays down and WI make curse. No horns placed by other bolted.
Speaker 3: Glass, chaos rings, no sul can pass.
Speaker 6: Feel the crush, the skies, calide, heavy storms and the sound defied.
Speaker 7: Blue gleaned out grass, greens.
Speaker 4: Bud and blues raft eternal shroud.
Speaker 5: Sweep the axe cruise, take sight of fury, dances in the nut in off the roofs swift, blue state clashnal storms turned close to ash, horns.
Speaker 3: Of brass tied to the wind.
Speaker 5: Chaos leaves no way to mend, breaks the chasee ignite, devoid clash, the air destroyed.
Speaker 7: Failed off rush the sky, heavy storms, those bleed out glass.
Speaker 4: It was a no shroud.
Speaker 5: Fire.
Speaker 7: The rhythm stews, paint stained rifts, inferno, blues bes rupt.
Speaker 3: Bound to the night piece in sight, Wall Street, endow dot dot Wall Street, Window dot com, do dot com. Michael Swanson, the brilliant author of the War State, gives you the benefit of his knowledge. Wall streetdo dot dot go there, Now go there, Now.
Speaker 4: Go there, now you.
Speaker 1: Chilly Effect is sponsored by Wallstreet, Window dot Com and listeners like you. No, I know the most d all media suck chilli revelation through conversation.
Speaker 3: And returning to it here for the last little bit. On a Friday night, nobody called in three one nine, five two seven five zero one six. I guess nobody's interested in our music talk, be Pete. I don't know, you know, nobody wants to join in on that, but you were gonna give me a continuation on your list, So let's just close it out with that. If nobody bugs us, we'll do it otherwise. Aaron begins around ten pm Eastern, so stick around for that. So what else you got there? You said there were some other people that were considering for the Hall of Fame and we were having a spirited discussion about this.
Speaker 4: I thought, yeah, this editorial ran across today. Girl down in Miami wrote it, and I mean she makes it. She doesn't make an argument, She just asked the question. I mean, the title of the thing is does Shakira deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? And I'll read just a short part here says with that, the rock and Roll Hall of Fame is announced seventeen nominees for his class of twenty twenty six, including major names like Lauren Hill, Phil Collins, Charde, Luther Van Dross, Oasis, Iron Maiden, and Wu Tang Clan. Now, of that list right there, just those few, I would think Phil Collins, Iron Maidens, Oasis. I wouldn't consider Wu Tang Clan, Luthros or Lauren Hill be included in the Rock and Roll haller Game. I mean it's it's hip hop names basically on that list, other than Oasis, Iron Maiden, and Phil Collins.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I understand you don't like the hip hop names, but I would include the hip hop names. I would not include Shade because there is a pure pop marketability thing that's created. I'm not certain about Lauren Hill, you know, as as to including her there either.
Speaker 4: But well, she was with her solo stuff plus the fujis. Would she qualify under the fujis?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Now, see here's a weird thing. The fujis, as I remember them, they're definitely an American genre of music. But I don't know where I would put them, you know what I'm saying, Because there are certain things that are and let's get this straight. Every other country did, at least as far as I'm concerned, follow America when it came to rock and roll, so you know, it was created here. As for how it was marketed elsewhere, and you know, and reimagined elsewhere, etc. That came back to varying results. I mean, you had the British invasion where they pretty much spat back a whole lot of American music at us one way or another, whether it's the Rolling Stones really really wanting to play the blues, or it's Eric Clapton really really wanting to play the blues, or it's you know, and so on and so forth, or lifted Rips slash led Zeppelin ripping everybody off, you know, directly, you know, either way, that was a natural sort of imitation them aping us. But then after that things get weird. So I don't know, you know, Wu Tang Clan, you know, because you object to hip hop, but there is plenty of rock and roll in the culture, and hip hop, as much as it wants to be separate from rock and roll, is not. And you know, some people go, well, that's black music and rock and roll is white music, and gee, I'm sorry, but I think you forgot about people like Little Richard, you know, founding members, not because they're the only ones, but founding members of this creation of this thing. In my mind is Little Richard is Bo Diddley is guess what you know, Chuck Berry obviously, So you know, you can't say that black people had nothing to do with rock and roll. If you do, then I guess you consider that rock and roll began in the nineteen sixties, and you're still forgetting a lot of people. So if it's a black and white thing, then it's dumb. But if it's a purely like that's a completely separate genre, well maybe yes, maybe no, because some of the previous genre folds straight on into hip hop. For instance, where would you put James Brown? Does he belong in the rock and roll Hall of Fame in your mind? Yes? Okay, so a whole lot of it. I think structurally it's similar, it's unique, but it also fits into R and B, rhythm and blues, you know what I'm saying. James Brown, certainly that's rock and roll also. But here's the thing about it. James Brown fundamentally forms a whole lot of the sampling foundation for a huge amount of the initial hip hop artists. Funky Drummer in and of itself generated something like one hundred and fifty records just saying you know, and those rhythmic cues and beats were re sampled back into what was foundationally hip hop. At a certain point, Wu Tang gets even weirder with it.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand your point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand your point.
Speaker 4: But to me, you know, if you want to have a rock and roll Hall of Fame and you want to have a hip hop hal and you want to have this as a sub unit, you know, whatever you want to do, that's fine. I mean, when it comes to I agree with you. The black and white argument is stupid. But I've gotten into battles on X over well. I don't know why you say that, because black music is responsible for all of us, and it's like, okay, I'm not even going to get into that argument. Screw you, block, I'm not even going to go there, because if you think about it, who's the greatest rapper of all time? A white boy that goes by Eminem Marshall Mathers and you have people in rap will tell you he's the greatest of all time you think about it, it's just skills, is yes, stupid? It should even come me.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm different, Maybe I'm too much of a pure Maybe maybe I just don't think Shakira should be there, no, no problem.
Speaker 3: But this is why we have these discussions. I think is you know, let's air it out and see what it looks like. Uh and quite frankly, look it just I go back to the foundation. You know, if you want to talk about the originators of this stuff, you can't have rock and roll without the blues whose music is that? That is not the white man's music. I'm sorry. However, you also can't have it with just the black man's music. See that's why I love that song. You ever hear that song by ac DC?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: What is it called? Let's oh let there be rock? Right? You ever hear that one? Well? So you know it's an interesting it's an interesting deconstruction. Oh yeah, no, I love that. Matter of fact, my favorite version was off of a live album which was called is If you Want Blood You've Got It, which was kind of weird. It's like agus young and paled by a guitar on the cover. Is a weird thing anyway, But that song pretty much lays out the story. Look, these things came together and that's what happened. It was, you know, jazz, blues, rhythm and blues, and that stuff got cranked up a little louder. And then a guy turned around and figured out a way to amplify the guitar a little differently. And then some idiot in England decided to slice his speakers to make him buzz, and holy crap, we've had an evolution going on for a while. And there was a guy named what Ray Perkins who did a whole lot of groundwork that nobody even thinks of, which, by the way, to cap this all off, you know what I saw recently in a video short, which means I've definitely lost my mind watching video shorts. A guy has now come out that they say is actually Elvis. Elvis is still alive, believe it or not. Did you see it?
Speaker 4: No, I've not heard anything about this one. I mean, al is he actually Elvis?
Speaker 3: I mean, is this guy? Is he Elvis at the right age? Apparently he would be Elvis at nearly the right age, you know, depending on how you look at it and the gap the gap in his teeth matches the early Elvis gap in his teeth, and he has a special problem with his hips that Elvis had his weird you know, one leg was longer than the other, allegedly, you know, just like Elvis. And when one of Elvis's children died, he even went to the funeral. This guy he photographed there and apparently has been the Elvis living in exile all these years. And he's got some like common name like Ray Brown or something, and he says that finally he's decided to come clean. He is Elvis. I think you might see some more news stories on this when stuff gets slow. But yeah, apparently there's some videos out there that are trying to get viral telling you Elvis is indeed still alive. So goes to show the old supermarket tabloid tricks are still not dead in this day and age. B Pete, what do you think? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can understand the argument that Epstein is still alive, Glene Maxwell ain't in jail based off what I've seen, but it's hard for me to accept that Elvis is still alive. I mean, has has Lisa Marie been No? What was his wife?
Speaker 3: Was that his wife?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Has she been sending in money all this time?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean with all the problems that they've had with the estate and this and that and everything else. I mean, what's he doing for a living?
Speaker 3: Wasn't Priscilla his wife? And then Lisa Marie was the kid that died not long ago? Or am I mixing the month Priscilla?
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, right, yes, No, you're right Priscilla. I mean hasd Was she just slipping in a check every week while he was in hiding? I mean that's a that's a tough one to pull off this long.
Speaker 3: Well no, and then there's some allegation that he literally showed up at Graceland around the New Year, uh, and was welcomed into areas that only the family knows about. There's another odd Trump related Elvis conspiracy thing too that I saw on these video shorts, which was crazy. You know that that also points to Elvis still being alive. So I don't know what they're preparing for, but I see them preparing for some viral marketing campaign coming soon. Elvis is still alive. And you know what's interesting to me about this is they just had this you know, found footage of like we have this old film that Elvis meant to release and now you're going to see an Elvis performance like you've never seen it before, restored in modern technology and all that. Have you seen that? No, I haven't telling you man. The Elvis thing is about to make a comeback. That's my prediction. And you can put that in your bank anyway you want, but it's coming anyway. I'll close on that note, but leave you with the last word, be Pete before we get started with the Age of Transitions and Aaron Franz. Anything you want to drop in since we got no calls and had a spirited discussion just off of your list this week. Great job there by the.
Speaker 4: Way, well I just won't tell everybody. Thanks for listening in all the guys. It's in a chat room. Appreciate your participation. Go to achelly dot com hit the donate button. Every little bit helped.
Speaker 3: And we'll see you next week, right and looking forward to the upgrades in April for sure, but maybe sooner if we can get it done. And special message Danny. I can't quite decipher when it is you want me to call you at home, but I will call you at home soon send me another email to clarify. I tried to send that to you, but it didn't go through. So there you go. Special message for one guy, and a special message to all of you who have stuck with me and has survived the great purge of the O'Kelly audience over the past couple of years. I am merely o'celly. You who have remained are the effect. Do you like history?
Speaker 1: Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swatson.
Speaker 4: Revel Ledge.
Speaker 3: Through calm sage.
Speaker 5: You show.
Speaker 3: Every magic statum at the real matter.
Speaker 5: Horseboter, we of one nation need anti gods and anything They would team worthing a brand to completely divide its play rhythms Adam.
Speaker 4: Life with don't the liberty just getting freely in justice.
Speaker 3: The only do you leave the.
Speaker 6: Cat Aford a win, but not on justice for the seat of the trans units. Jack bro Space Act rockets appatunity, every slaughter about.
Speaker 4: The systems for three years, so the rest of us all don't forget at the league.
Speaker 7: It's a life country which is mine?
Speaker 4: Which is so will be the punishment for Tea burn the for.
Speaker 1: What should the media life?
Speaker 3: The muse expressed like caller schools, there anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jelly dot com. You not necessarily reflect the views of Jelly dot com or Jeff Chilly and we are not responsible for getting stupidity which might have students.
Speaker 4: Thank you,