Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at bigfo Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show, right Pickfoot Society. You've got the privilege of talking to Ed today. Ed's an individual that reached out to me after he stumbled upon the Big for Society YouTube channel, and he has some interesting things to share from his past years. So Ed, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks for having me absolutely.
Speaker 1: You know, we've got some really interesting ground to cover today, Ed, and you do actually have a very interesting background as well, and you know we were talking about that a little bit before the show started. I'd love if you could spend a few minutes kind of sharing about that background, and I think it plays in very well with the other things that you'll be sharing right afterwards.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, not to go too deep into the weeds, but I was right after high school, when I was nineteen, I joined the Army. I was in the infantry for about eight and a half years. And the reason I think that's important is because I'm a United States Government trained absorbed I'm a desert storm veteran, and my job was to destroy enemy tanks, and so I know how to look for things that are trying to hide from me very well, either the highs binoculars, normal scopes, all that kind of stuff. That's what I did, right and a half year is looked for things to shoot. Basically, as far as the desert storm thing goes, I didn't have any bigfoot anything happening out there, but I did have some uh, some other things that are kind of related. I'm not sure it had something new the balls of light. After getting out of the Army, I was I returned to Hawaii. I was stationed in Hawaii in the Army, so I went back over there for other reasons and I became a police officer over there, and I was a police officer for twenty five and a half years. And if anybody is an trained observer in this world, it's police officers. They see things that other people will never see. Just driving down the road, I tell my wife, did you see that? You see that? Guy? You see that? And nobody ever sees it. They're like, how do you see all this stuff? I was like, you know, it's it's you can't unlearn it. And then the last thing I like to throw in there, as far as my you know, being able to see things. I have a licensed private pilot, and you constantly have to look for things. I mean, yeah, you're up in the air. You know, I can see big from the air, but you're constantly looking for anything and everything. And then if you're playing, you got to look on the ground too for places of land. Just think takes the plane craps out, So they're constantly looking for this kind of stuff. So and on top of that, I've been in the woods ever since I was a kid. I grew up just south of Atlanta, and I retired back in twenty seventeen and moved up here to North Georgia. I live in Towns County, right outside of a little bitty town called Hiawassee, and I live up here on ten acres on the side of a mountain. I got like two neighbors, and if it's summertime, I can't even see them. So that's that's basically my background. I just turned sixty one this month, so you know, I get out in the woods as much as I can, but I'm not umping down these mountains like it would be when I was when I was a kid. I'm going to go kind of in a reverse chronological order of what has why I'm on there here today, and I'm going to go from the the latest one back to back in time years ago, if that's all right with you, absolutely, okay. So when I retired in twenty seventeen and we moved up here about a year so maybe twenty eighteen, I took up turkey hunting. And for the other guys up here they're listening, you know, turkey hunting is one of the hardest that's one of the hardest animals there is to kill. I mean, you got to be to sit there and be completely still, and most of the places that I turkey hunt up here are within the Chattahoochee National Forest. So the Chattahoochee National Forest is of course regulated by the federal government, and within the National Forest are things called wildlife Management areas, and those are maintained and regulated by the state of Georgia. So the main one that I hunt in up here, and it's only about five six miles away from my house really as a crow flies, it's called the Swallow Creek WMA. And I finally killed a turkey this past year, in twenty twenty four in right at the end of the season, which was I think May so right say, May fifteenth, end of the season May sixteenth, they start. It's I think it's called a fox and bobcat or a fox and hog or something like that. Anyway, for the last two weeks of the month you can hunt you know, fox and bobcats, and if there's anything in season, you can hunt hogs. And I like to hunt hogs. So I went back up to this food plot where I had killed my turkey. Now this food plot is on the end of a road. It's called Mill Creek Road. It's one way in and it's one way out. It's a gravel road, and it's two miles up to the end where I was hunting. And so the reason I tell you that is when I drove in, I went up there that day to look for pig signs or whatever, and there was there was nobody else up there, because there's not really anywhere you could hide a vehicle. You just you can barely pull off the road at some of these little spots they have for you to park at the food plots. And there's no other vehicles on it road that day. And it was probably, oh, I don't know, three four in the afternoon. It was a nice day, sunny day, and I went up there and I had my AR fifteen just in the case I run across the pig and you could drive almost up onto this field. It's about one hundred meters one hundred yards in the their direction, and this field is in between two ridge lines. There's one that's the closest mountaintop is maybe an eighth of a mile north of the field, and then there's another one about a quarter of a mile away, and there's no trails or anything going up off of this field. It's I mean, it's thick as peanut butter. Up there. I've heard some of your other guests on here from North Georgia talk about the Mountain Laurel and if you want to get through it, you got to crawl under it. Well, they're not lying. That stuff is thick. And so I was up there and I didn't see any signs of hogs or anything, which is another point that I need to come back to later. But while I'm standing there from the closest ridge line, I hear just out of blue two consecutive wood knocks, and the only I can describe it is this somebody was up there, had a Louisville Slugger, baseball bat or something and just, you know, whack the hardwood tree like twice as hard as they could. And I'm just standing there in shock, because honestly, all my life I had been like on the fence about the whole bigfoot thing. And I'm just thinking to myself, oh my god, did I just hear what I thought? It hurt? And about ten second later, on the other ridge, which I said, it's got to be a quarter mile away, I hear another knock, a return knock, an answer sort of. It wasn't as loud because it was further away, but it was it was a wood knock, and so I just stood there for a minute and just I was in shock, basically because I've been hunting up there for several years and I've been all around the world, and like I said, I kind of didn't really know what to believe about this, but I heard this, and I'm thinking, there's there's no trails going up there. I didn't see any trucks or cars on my way up there, so there, I mean, could it have been a person up there? Maybe technically, I guess, but they would have had to hike all the way up the road for two miles, and then they would have had to hike for the better part of a day at least to get up there, and then their buddy that answered the call would have had to high I don't know how I'm going to take it hike to that other location because there's nothing over there. I mean, they have they have signs on the side of the road that says Wilderness area, and they're not kid it's it's seriously thick. They're I'm betting nobody's been over there since the Native Americans, probably because most of the guys that hunt out here. They're like me, and they're kind of lazy. They don't want to, you know, bust bush any more than after. That's why we hung all these these big fields that the the state makes for us. You know, you could just walk right out there and sit on the edge of them. So to get up there and to just randomly, I don't know if you're if you're be hoaxing somebody or what, but I just can't believe that people would have walked all the way up there. They would have had to take backpacks and stayed up there for the night, because there's no way they're going to get down that mountain in the dark like that. There's just no way. So I'm just standing there a shock, like what else could it be? The only other big thing that lives out there that would have the strength to do that would be a bear, And you know they can't hold a stick like that and beat on the side of a tree. So I was just in shock, and I decided to get my truck and leave. So I got my truck and I went home, and I told my wife about it quite and she doesn't really care that much about it. And so the next day I go down to the the dump nearby to dump my trash, and there's a gentleman that works there and he's he's always been working there, and so I thought, you know, if anybody knows what's going on up here, maybe this guy. So I asked him and said, hey, how how long have you? How long have you here? He goes, I've lived here all my life? And I said, have you do you go out and hunt and feace? He goes, yeah, I used to quite a bit. So I asked him the same question I ask everybody. I said, what, so, what's the weirdest thing you've ever seen? Out? And before I could finish it, he goes, I've seen Bigfoot. And my jaw just dropped and I was like what, And he said, I was driving up to Hazel of North Carolina the other day and I seen this thing walking through this guy's yard and he went on to tell me about it, and I thought, oh, my god, that's And then he tells me that he's seeing these giant tracks right outside the dump over here, and dump's only like three miles from my house. That kind of gave me the you know, the chills. I was saying, Oh, that's just great. Because right across from my property here is National Forest, I mean hundreds and hundreds of hundreds of ac ors, so I can just sit there and look across, and nobody lives up there because it's just National Forest. So I was like, oh my god, this is the only guy I've talked to that has, you know, told me they've seen stuff like that. So later that day I couldn't stand it. I just I had to go back up there, just for my own you know. I don't know why. I just felt it, like I felt the need to go back up there. And the funny thing is, I took a couple of apples with me. I thought, you know, I'll just put them on a stump up there in case they're watching, and just let them know that I'm a good guy and don't please don't try and kill me when I'm hunting. I'm I'm not here to mess with you. So I'm driving back up that road again, Mill Creek Road, and I get within about twenty yards of the little turn offer I need to go up to that field, and now there is a tree bent across the road. Not broken, not blown down by the roots or anything. I mean, it was bent that tree had to be as big around as my leg. I think I sent you a picture of it. So I stopped right there and I was, I was like, what what in the world is this. This wasn't here yesterday when I left, and there was no you know, rough weather override or anything. It was just you know, calm. It was spring weather. We didn't have any windstorms. And none of the other trees around this tree were molested or touch They were all fine. And the base of this tree where was growing had to be a good, don't know, ten twelve feet off the road down the side of the hill, and it stretched all across the road. So I got up. I gotta see how the stays being held in place. And the funny thing is there was nothing holding this tree down. It looked, you know, for it should have just sprung right back up, you would think. And I pulled on it and everything, and I couldn't get it to the pop out there was. I said, there's nothing holding it. And so for a person to be able to pull that tree over, you you'd't need like a football team gorillas out there, and somebody climb way up that tree with a rope and you know, a whole bunch of guys pulling on it or a wench. And then still I don't know how to this day, I don't know how it's being held down. I haven't gone back up there since, but I thought that was really odd that right after I heard those knocks. The next day I come up here and there's this this tree across the road which I've seen on you know, some of the different shows and stuff like that, and I've encountered that one other time up here when I was out hunting with my son in law on the Chattahoochee part of the forest.
Speaker 1: Big for Society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: It was a road that we were walking down the surface road and there was another big tree just pulled all the way across the road like that, just out of the blue. None of the other trees were affected, and I just I just kind of put it in the back of my mind, going that's weird, but you know whatever. But now I kind of think back about it, it's wall who knows. So that was really odd. And the next thing going back, oh, let's see about it. A year or two ago, my son in law and I were hunting hogs up there in the same area, on the same road that mil Creek Road. We were just at a different food plot. There's one at the very beginning the park and then you it takes you about a half hour to walk up to this field. It's it's pretty far up the mountain. And I think it was in like it was small game season. Is it was like August and Georgia. Heree, funny season for small game open as August. They've take him. So you got to take a twenty two or something like that up there. But you can say, what if there's anything in season, they let you hunt hogs. So we were up there looking for hogs. And we walked way up there with our califlies and our Orange fast and everything, and so we finally get up to this field. It's a pretty good sized field, and I told him, I'm gonna post up down here on the bottom. I'm gonna treat it set up against it. He went further up to the top of the field and I see him disappear up into the bushes and he was going to wait up there, and so we said, And the thing about up there is there's there's no phone service anywhere, so you can't text, call, nothing. Your phones just don't work. Come there. So I'd been sitting over there, you know, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, sitting against this tree. And my rifle had a scope on it so I could watch the whole field. And about that time I see him coming out from the top of the field of his orange vest, and he keeps stopping and looking back up the mountain as he's walking down towards me and everything. About every twenty feet he stops and he looks back up again like he's looking at something. Wonder what was he looking at? So I came out down the road. I was starting to get late and we forgot flashlights. So when he comes down there, he says, were you were you beating on a tree down here, trying to signal me? And I said what, and he goes, I heard somebody. It sounded like you were down here with a big wooden branch or something smacking a tree. And I thought you were trying to signal me to come back because we don't have phone service. I said, no, dude, I haven't moved. I've been sitting here, you know, quite as church wise and he goes, well, I heard it. It was coming from down here by you. I didn't hear a thing. That's the odd thing about it. I didn't hear anything. I didn't fall asleep either, And then he tells me, he said, when I got up and started walking out right after I heard that noise, it sounded like somebody was further up the mountain yelling at something. Except he said, he couldn't understand what they were saying. It wasn't like, you know, they were enunciating words or anything. It was just like he just he thought initially that somebody who had hunting dogs up there baby and was yelling for their dogs, trying to find them. And I told him, well, there's nobody else up here but us. There's no other trucks down here on the road, so how would they get in here if even if they came from the other side of the ridge. I mean, man, they would have been walking for days to get up there. And he goes, yeah, but he goes, I didn't hear any dogs, but it was just he said, it sounded like a person yelling. And I said, man, that's that's kind of creepy because there's once again technically somebody could have walked up there. I've never seen anybody do it. Everybody drives in there. But you know, it's started to get dark. Dude, we forgot our flarelights. Let's let's get on don and mount because we've got really small caliber rifles. So that was the next thing that I thought was really odd that he heard wood knocks that I didn't hear, and then he hears something up there yelling. Now, this food pot was within a mile of the other one where I had first heard those knocks that I just told you about. One of the other weird things about this area that I have encountered while I'm up there, and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with with sasquatch so much or not, but I've heard other people talk about it is these balls of light. I have seen those things going through the woods out there. Like So, like, if I go turkey hunting, you can hunt legally a half hour before sunrise. Well, it's like I said, it's first come, first server on the spot's up there. So I'll go there an hour or two early. I'll be up there, like three thirty in the morning, parked just so I can get my spot and I'll just sit in my truck and wait. And I've seen these lights going through the woods or down the road. It looks about the size of a softball. And it's not like a flashlight or it's projecting light. It's just it's just a light and they just kind of, you know, fhase out. It's a steady light.
Speaker 1: And we are getting some really weird feedback. I don't know if that's on you're aware of that on your side or anything. Really, it was when you were trying to describe the balls of light, all of a sudden, it was just went crazy on your side of the phone. I don't know if you could restate that part at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, let me move over here to the other end of the room. Sure. Yeah. So, like I said, there was there was these balls of light up there in this area where I've heard the wood box and everything, and I see them. I've seen him a couple of times going through the like through the woods and or down a road. Like they're about the size of maybe a baseball or a softball, and they're just uh. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a guy on a bicycle coming through and then he never passed me, and I jumped out there and turned on my flastide and there's nothing there, and I was like, what was that? It was? It was a you know, a ball of light. And then a couple other times, I'll be sitting on a stand, you know, waiting for pigs or whatever, and I see these things moving through there and I rub my eyes and I see them again, and you know, I don't know what that is. That's the most bizarre thing. But I've heard other people talk about that in connection with sasquats. And one of my neighbors up here, we have a campground close by where I live, and one of the guys over there said he's seen those down by this creek that's next to my property. And I'm like, oh, that's that's crazy. I thought I was the only one, but he goes, no, I've seen them. I've seen these balls of light, so we don't really know what that is. I saw something like that a desert storm while I was out there, a ball of light, me and a couple other guys, and it was just in this big thing of woods. I don't think it's a big foot Saudi Arabia, but that's the only other place I saw these lights like that, and they just disappeared, and it was really odd. One of the other things was my son in law and I. My son in law and my stepdaughter moved here from Hawaii. My wife is from Hawaii, and so they moved up here to live with us. And he's a big hog hunter. That's why I ended up, you know, got out and learning how to hunt hogs and stuff, because that's all I had to hunt in Hawaii's hogs. And one of the other times that and this is something that one of your other guests have I have noted that they experienced, and when they said this, it just came rushing back to me and I remembered it. But my son in law and I we were hog hunting off of Highway one eighty up here right right near Brasstown Ball. Brass Town Ball is the highest mountain in Georgia. So you get there via Highway one eighty and it's all National forests out there, which means you can hunt out there. It's a public hunting area and there's a couple of roads and stuff that you can you know, you can park and get out there. And so he and I had found a place where the hogs had just been tearing the tearing the you know, the grass up on the side of the road. They will it looks like someone goes through with a plow and just plows everything up. So we had gone out there and we were following this hog signs down this old service road. It was. It was a good enough road where you could walk on it. You couldn't drive because there was little trees who were up in it and everything, but we could tell the hogs had been through there. And we had been walking, oh, I don't know, maybe half hour. So, like I said, I'm not as young as I used to be, and East in his thirties. So we came across an area where there's a tree had fallen over the road, and I thought it was just perfect. I can sit down and take a break. I told him. I said, I'm gonna sit down and you know, take a break for a few minutes. And he was like, okay, I'm going to go on up ahead and I'll be back in like fifteen minutes. I said, okay, great. So I'm sitting there and after I don't know, five or ten minutes or so. The only way I can describe. It is up up the side of the mountain aways, maybe about fifty yards up from where I was sitting. It sounded like an elephant just stomped his foot on the ground as hard as it could, or like someone was way up in a tree and dropped a huge bowling ball or something. I mean, I felt good to my mind. It was just this big thud like boom, and it scared me. I jumped off that lawe, the safety came off my rifle and looked up there. I didn't see anything, but I mean, it was just this big thud, like there was an visial elephant up there and it had just stomped the ground. So the whole time, I'm waiting for my son Alain to come back, because like I said, there's there's no phone reception out in these areas. So I'm standing there the whole time with my rifle, just watching like what was that. Because so he comes, he finally comes back. I told him what happened, and we went up to the point where it sounded like it came flog. There's nothing disturbed there, no, I mean, if if a limb had fallen out of a tree, you'd hear it coming down. I've heard trees fall, I've heard limbs falling out of trees, and you all hear it busting other branches on the way down or something, and when it hits the ground, it'll crack. That's not what this was. This was just this big food. I mean, just I saw, I can describe it. It's just this big bud hit something hitting the ground like that. And we went up there and looked around and there was nothing. There was no trees, you know, recently broken off or anything. So I'm not sure what that was or how I have no idea what it was, but I've heard a couple of other guys that had that was up here in North Georgia. Then it described something similar to that, and I was like, man, I've heard that and it just creeps you out because you look around, like what was that? Just out of the blue. So that was one of the other things. And like I said, I'm not going to say any of this was bigfoot, but I'm gonna say it wasn't because I don't know what else it could have been. I mean, bears, bears don't make you know the biggest thing that lives out here that I'm aware of that. I have seen. I've got one on my my webcam, not letting camp, my game camp out of my front yard.
Speaker 1: Big for Society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: I got a bear on it that that's easily six seven hundred pounds. But I don't even think that bear could could make a noise like that unless he was way up in the hunter foot up in a tree and just fell out, in which case I would have seen him, which I didn't. So there was that. That's that's a really odd thing. The other thing I've experienced. Yeah, that's a point notes here. It was probably back in two thousand and eight. And this one is really to me, this is the most bizarre of all of them because this is where I grew up south of Atlanta. This is basically a suburbia. I mean, there's a lot of woods and stuff around. This is right at my parents' house, and there's some big swamps that looks like Cambodia back there. I used to play in when I was growing up, hunting fishing. But there's a lot it's a very populated area and I was there I think it was May. There's my parents wedding anniversary. I was there visiting him. I had flown in from Hawaii, and at that point in time, my mom and dad still didn't have air conditioning in their house, and it was kind of warm for what may. And I was sleeping in my whole bedroom and that room had a big window that went from the floor to the ceiling, and then back behind the house was woods for about oh an easy mile before you hit the next subdivision, you know, like I said, creeks and swamps and stuff. And I'm laying there asleep and something wakes me up. And it was the most ungodly sound I have ever heard in my life. The only way I can describe it is if you took a roaring African lion and a mountain silver backed mountain gorilla roaring as loud as he can, and then you take that t Rex from that Jurassic Park movie that sounded that t Rex makes, and you combine all three of those and you run it through like a big marshal ample like a kiss concert, and you turn the hamp all the way up and you let that noise go for about a good fifteen seconds. I could feel it through my bones. I mean, my body was vibrating when I heard this thing, and it did it two or three times, and I had a three fifty seven magnum revolver in on the night stand next to me, and I didn't even think about reaching over for it because I was like, oh my god, whatever that is, this isn't even going to tickle it. Because to be able to make a sound like that, you would need some gigantic lungs. I mean, I don't know how big. But it just went on and I'm just like right, I mean just went on and at least a good fifteen seconds each time. And they did it two or three times, and it sounded like it was only I don't know, maybe one hundred yards down my parents' backyard. It scared me so bad that I just lay there and I tried not to move. I mean I did that thing where I opened my mouth and I tried to breathe real shallow. So because I thought this thing could walk right up to the window. The only thing between me and it is the screen from the window, and it could just you know, pop that out and be in here. And I was just I couldn't believe it. I had never heard anything like that in my life. It was horrifying. And like I said, it was like if you took that sound and you pumped, if you were in front of the speakers up on a stage at a Kiss concert and they turned the speakers all the way up. That's what it felt like going through my body. And I had grew like that. I grew up in those woods. I had never heard anything like that. And so finally it stopped at It made that sound that scream how old yellow thing two or three times and it finally stopped. And I just kept laying there listening as hard as I could, just wait to see if I could hear anything moving. And I never heard anything else, and I finally fell asleep. And so the next morning I get up and I asked my dad, I said, did you hear that thing last night? And he goes, I didn't hear anything. I was like, oh my god, you must have been in a coma. How could you not hear that? It was ungodly. So I didn't go down there in the woods to look around that day. It was just me. Like I said, three fifty seven was the biggest guy I had at the time over there, and I wasn't going to get my dad to go down there with me because he was getting older, and so I had one more night to stay there, and the next night it happened again. I mean, it was just unbelievable, the volume on this thing and how long this kept going. And in my mind, I'm like, how big do you have to be to generate that much's noise for that long of a period of time. I mean, a human being, you know, you could scream as loud as you could for maybe I don't know, ten seconds or so, and then you'd be like out of breath. But this thing just kept going. It was just unbelievable. So the next morning I got him ask my dad again, did you hear it? He goes, yeah, I heard it last night. I said, what why was that? He was, I don't know, I've never heard anything like that in my life. And my dad was like, he'd been basically to all the states in the country, and he was he was in the military, he'd been around the world, and you know the same thing. He was like, you know, you've never heard anything like that. You've been all the way around the world, You've experienced a lot of stuff, and for you know that, that's just so crazy, bizarre. So my sister came to pick me up later that afternoon. I was going to go to her house and I told her, I said, come with me. We got to go down the woods behind the house. I want to see if there's any tracks down there, because there was like a real sandy area where the water bubbled up on the ground down there. And had a gun stuck in the back of my pocket. And so she's going down the hill with me. She goes, why do I have to go with you? I said, in case something happens to one of us, the other one can run back and you know, get some help or tell people what's going on. She goes, well, why do you get to carry the gun? Is my gun? I'm not letting you have it. But anyways, so that was just I never figured out what that was. And then I can't say that it was bigfoot, but it's I don't know what it was. I mean, it was unbelievable. Whatever it was, it was just this crazy, crazy, loud. And then one of the other things this was I was when I was in the army. I was stacing up in Fort Lewis, Washington, and this was before I went to desert storm, so I think it was in about nineteen ninety. So the way the divisions in the Army works, or at least the way they used to work, was about every month a unit would be the duty battalion, and you got stuck doing all the the thirty jobs around the base, picking up the trash and mowing grass in different places and all kinds of you know, crap like that. So we were on that duty, and the fourth sergeant gave Michaeltendent's ergeant, who was the guy I was pretty close with, we were pretty different. He gave him a they call it a detail that this one training area needed to be have a they call it a police call. All that means is you're going to go out and pick up trash. If God didn't put it there, it up. So there was this training area somewhere out on the outskirts of the base that needed a two day police call. So we're gonna go two days in a row and pick up trash. So it was me the Politican sergeant, and they saw a private who was our driver. We had a humpee and so we drive way out there and we got these trash bags and everything and all our mr used to eat and there was a They had a gate across this area, believe or not, and you had to unlock it and go inside. And if you've never been up to the Pacific Northwest, especially the Tacoma Salle area, I think it's a temperate rainforest is what they called it. It's like it's like a Jurassic park back in there. The trees are just gigantic. They have ant hills that are three or four feet tall made out of pine needles, and it's I mean, it's beautiful. There's ferns that are I'm six one and they were these ferns has towered over me. It's just the only thing I could think it was this Jurassic park. So we pull in there and we immediately can tell that this is just a sham job. There's there's not any trash back here to pick up. Nobody's been back here since you know, Moses weren't private. So we figured, okay, we get we basically get two days off. We just sit out here, hang out, and as long as First Startiant doesn't find out that we were just out here, you know bs and around what, we're fine. We had two days offer away from the company. So the three of us decide we're going to go out and walk around because I told the platoon started and said, you know, Bob, this would be a great place to bring the platoon up here for like jungle train, because it basically looks like a big jungle and said, yeah, so let's let's go and check out the area. So we're walking around and we find this game trail going up. It's not really that mountains over there, but there were some pret good hills. We're going up this hill and at some point across this game trail, we come across this big pile of poop and it looked like a person, except if it was a person that was like ten feet tall. Maybe it wasn't like, you know, regular person poop. It was gigantic person poop. It wasn't a dog, It wasn't a coyote or a wolf or a bear, I know what all that stuff looks like. That wasn't what this was. This stuff was huge, and we're all just standing there looking at it, and we're looking at each other and we're all thinking the same thing. I know. We are like, oh my god, this this can't be you know, bigfoot but that's what we're thinking, I know, because we're like, what hell could it be up here? Is it's not deer, elk or anything else like that. That their poop doesn't look anything like that, And so we're looking at it, looking at it, and we thought, well, maybe we should head back already, because not of us wanted to being scared or anything. But you know, there's no point in this challenging whatever out that we didn't have any guns or anything. So on the way back, I told my little I said, hey, I got a nine millimeter pistol. I think I'm going to bring it tomorrow just for our own safety. And he goes, yeah, I think that's a good idea. So we kind of stay close to the home being the rest of the day, and the next day we come back out there with the pistol. This time will feel a lot safer with a you know, even though it's a nine mionmeter pistol, it's better than nothing. So we go and we start to explore in the opposite direction, going down the hill, and there's a river down there and I don't remember the name of the river that saved my life, but it was it was a pretty good size piece of water. I don't know, it was maybe fifty forty fifty feet across, and it was running pretty good. It had salmon in it. It was, you know, that kind of a river. It had salmon, because as we walked down the river, we found a salmon that was kind of almost up on the bank but just barely in the water, and you can still you could tell it was it was still fresh, you know, just you know, it wasn't rotten or anything. And the thing about it was there was this huge bite mark on the belly of it. And we were standing there looking at that, going, what do you think bit that big chunk of salmon? Because it wasn't like a bear has a kind of a pointed muzzle, a coyote, you know, they got there kind of canine shaped muzzle. This wasn't shape like that. This was shaped like a person, except a person that was whose head would have been two or three times bigger than ours, you know, that's what it looked like. It was kind of a half moon shape. And so we're standing there looking at that, and we're thinking about the poop from the day before, and we walked maybe about ten or fifteen yards further down the river, and on the other side of the river, the bank went up drastically, I mean, almost like a cliff, up about I don't know, fifty sixty feet up, and there was a lot of brush on the side of it. And as we going down, we heard something I don't know what it was up there in that brush, moving around, and the next thing you know, there's rocks hitting river right out in front with us, like if I don't know if somebody was throwing rocks, and they weren't you know, like basketballs or anything. They were just maybe the size of your fist or something. But so I'm not sure if whatever it was was scrambling up that mountain, would a person. I guess a person could get up it, but it would be really hard. I wouldn't have even back then I was young and you know, in the army and everything, I wouldn't have wanted to try it. But we weren't sure if it was somebody something scrambling up there and kicking rocks loose. But I don't think so, because they would have hit closer to that the foreshore, and most of them were hitting out in the middle or on our side of the shoreline, and so we were like, we couldn't see what it was. But when that happened, we put that together with the salmon that's just right upstream a few few yards, I want that giant bite out of it, and then the poop from the day before, and we were like, oh, that's it. I took off running up the side of the mountains and then they goes like, hey, wait, wait for us, wait for us.
Speaker 1: Bikes for the Society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Why because you've got the gun. And so we got back up to the Humbie and we we stayed up there like for the rest of the day, and we didn't really you know, we didn't really talk, like we ate our lunch and stuff, and it was almost like we were on guard. We were we were sitting around and standing around right outside the vehicle and just watching, waiting to see if something was going to show up out there. And it never did. And you know, when the time came, we we went back to the company area and we didn't really discuss it with anybody, but it was really really odd. Uh. Like I said, I can't say that it was bigfoot, but I've never seen any proof like that since except that the uh, the Bigfoot Museum over here in Terry Loge, Georgia, which is about half far down the road from me. They've got the I don't know if it's fake poop or whatever it is, but supposedly Bigfoot poop on display. And I looked at that. As soon as I saw that, I was like, wow, that looks just like what I saw up up in Washington. And since Washington is, you know, kind of the Bigfoot central up there according to everything else, that's that's the first thing I thought of. So that's that's basically some of the stuff that I've experienced.
Speaker 1: And that's that's incredible. My goodness. Thank you for Sharon. I was actually going to ask you the question you pretty much just answered, which is what was the orientation of the scat that you saw? And it sounds like it was kind of in a straight line, because I'm picturing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, exactly. It was right there on that trail of all places, and like I said, there's no homeless people out there. There was a military training area on the base, and it was just plain as day. We were just walking and boom, there it is. I mean, you couldn't miss it. I love the Honting fish. So I'm out in the woods a lot out here, and I see bear scat all the time, and it doesn't look anything like that I had hogs. I've never seen anything like that ever again, except for that stuff that they have in this little museum over here, but that was kind of bizarre. And the whole tree thing I've now that I remember right down here on my property, I go deer hunting. Like, here's the other thing I want to get to about the pigs and the deer on the wildlife management areas. I've been up there. Like I said, turkey hunting. I always see turkeys out there. There's tons of them out there, and up until about two years ago there was there was lots of hogs out there. I mean you would see signs of them even driving down the road down here in the mountains. You know, there's always a grassy area on the media in the side of the road or whatever, and you can tell where the hogs have been because it looks like someone took a row tiller and just went out there and filled up a garden plot. Even in the woods, they go through there and they'll be fifteen or twenty of them, and they just take their noses and they just turned the earth over and just tear it up. So basically, every time I would go or me and my son law would go out here into the wm a's or even in the National Forest, we would find spots. It was pretty easy. Just you go out here and start walking and you'll find a spout where the hogs have been. Until about two years ago and suddenly we just didn't see hogs anymore. There was no signs anywhere. I mean I used to get them on my twelve cameras over here on my property. We even sat down here at the bottom part of my yard a year or two ago with our bows one night in the summer and our green lights because we had about a two hundred and something pound hog kept coming through. And then suddenly they were just gone. And I just wondered, I thought, well what And I've never seen a deer on those WMA's, not maybe one. I don't even go deer hunt nobody. I just I come down here on my property here. My next door neighbor lets me hunt on their property, but I have never seen a deer other than maybe just one on there. And and then the hogs just suddenly It's like it's like, you know, star trek came and beamed them up or something. And after hearing those wooden knocks up there, I kind of wondered, did are these things nomadic? Did they move into this area? And then did they eat all the hogs or did they run all the hogs off? And then oh, there was one other thing I almost forgot when I was talking about the turkey hunting. I met a guy a couple of years ago out here. We met up we were out hunting turkey in the same area, and we came, we came friends, and we were up there in the Chattahoochee Wildlife Management Area, and uh, we had decided to basically call it a morning, and we knew that there was these two guys camping at this one camp spot and this spot is the only place up on the mountain where you can get a phone signal, so they call it the phone booth, oddly enough, and they had a fire going, and so we kind of meandered over there and started up the conversation with him and kind of an excuse us to stand by the fire because it was cold that day, and so I was going to ask them the same thing. Whenever I meet anybody out here in the woods hunt their fishing, I always ask them, are you from up here? And they usually it's always yes. And I'd ask them kind of around about, beat around the bush, what's the weirdest thing you've seen out here in the woods? And I'd usually ask him to find have you ever seen big food? They always laugh. Everybody laughs and says no. But these guys were a little bit different. So they were camping. Apparently they come up here every year to get away from their wives for a couple of days. And so while we're standing there putting the dogs and standing by the fire, I asked the guy, what's the weirdest thing you guys have ever seen up here? It's one guy tells me he'll back down here in such and such hollow, which I had a specific name, and I don't remember what it was. He said, I was hunting back there, and I've heard children laughing, giggling, and there's no children back there. I thought, well, that's that's pretty creepy, you know. So I don't know if that's a residual, you know, Native American thing, or is it you've all sasquats that he doesn't see and they're I don't you know, I don't know if they laugh or not. Because I was listening to a different podcast the other night and there was another guy from up here in Georgia and he said he heard one sound like it was singing, which I was like, singing. Wow, that's that's different. So I guess if you could sing, possibly you could maybe make something that sounds like laughter. I don't know, but he seemed to think it was a kind of a honking sort of thing. I was like, okay, well that's that's kind of strange. I'll try to avoid that area. And then he tells me, he said, I haven't seen Bigfoot, but and he goes, you remember when you was a kid, used to watch the Pink Panther cartoon. And I was like yeah. He goes, remember how the Pink Panther walked in that funny goofy walk. I was like yeah. He said, well, I was down here coming off of whatever highway was just right up in this area somewhere. I forget what's one it was, and he said, and this thing stepped out on the road, and he said it had to be seven plus foot tall, had a real long tail, walked on through legs, and he said, walk across the road. He goes. The funny thing about it was it walked just like that pink Panther tune and that little bebop kind of thing as it walked across the road. And I'm looking at him. I was like, what I'm thinking, this guy just you know, yank in my tin. But he was deadly serious, and he said, I it went across the road, he goes, I turned around and I came back, he goes. I thought there was some kids or somebody here playing a joke on me, and I wanted to catch him, so he said, I turned around, came back, and he goes, I stopped where I saw go into the woods, and I didn't see anything, and I thought, you're serious, and I just, you know, you know, just bs me. He goes, no, I'm deadly serious. I saw this. I thought, okay, that's that sounds like one of those dog men things, because I've never heard seen anything about a sasquatch with a big, long, bushy tail. But anyway, so that's something else that someone has related to me up here. And then, like I said, the guy down here at the dump. That told me that he'd seen the one in Hazel in a guy's yard, and he said it was it was like been over making something up as they walk by. And this was like at eleven o'clock in the day, and you know, daytime. And I said, well, you know the thing about that is if somebody was trying to hoax somebody people driving by, or say the guy that lived at that house, they're taking their life in their own hands. Because everybody up here is armed to the teeth. I mean, everybody up here in the mountains has guns. It's just a culture. You know. We're not not out looking for a fight. That's just everybody carries guns. And sooner or later there's going to be some good old boy redneck. And I don't use that as a disparaging term. I'm a redneck myself, I'm pretty sure. But sooner or later, you know there's going to be somebody sees one and goes, there's a money foot, and I'm going to shoot it, and they're going to shoot at it. So if you put on a big furry costume and start walking through people's front yards trying to scare him, either that guy that owns the house is going to come out and put some hot lead on you, or somebody's going to stop there their f one fifty pick up on the side the road and pull out his rifle and put some lead on you. You know. So it's either that a crazy person, which you'd have to be mental to do something like that, or it was real. So I don't know, but that's that's what he told me. And then the other neighbor over here where the campground is, there was a guy over there and he's from Florida, and he claimed that he was going to the everglade and there was one standing right out on the side the road. He said, traffic came to a stop and him and his wife both saw it. So he when I talked to him about it, he doesn't laugh. He's like, yeah, I saw one. And he said, well, I'm not the only person that you know, encounters this. But then so this year, like I said, I deer hunt back here right on my property, and my next door neighbors said giving me permission to hunt their property. So during the rut, I was putting up cameras back there, trying to, you know, see what time the bos are coming. Through. So I go down through to every day and check these cameras, so I know what's what in the woods right in that area. So I go down there one day and there's a tree that's about, I don't know, about as big around as my arm, maybe about fifteen twenty feet tall, and I thought it had been pulled well, I guess it was pulled over, but it was pulled over and broken off down by the base. And I thought, now, why the world would have done that, because there wasn't any windstorms or anything last night, and nobody else goes down there hunts but me. I mean, I'm the only person who goes down there. Now, I guess it could have been a bear that did it. I guess maybe I've never seen bears pulling trees over like that before, but I guess it could have been a bear. But I don't know, because down in that area is where the guy said he saw the balls of white. And then the next thing you know, I got this tree down there that's pulled down. Out of millions of trees, there's just this one tree right there, and it's along the avenue that I was traveling to go check the cameras, which is kind of creeps me out because it's almost like in your face, like hey, letting you know that I'm over here. So to it may sound strange to people. I don't know, but it makes me feel better because I don't know. Like I said, I listen to all this stuff. I see the shows on TV, and some people think that they're telepathic and whatnot. Maybe they are, they're not. I don't know, but just in case, they are just all the odd off chants that they are. When I get out of my truck to the hunting now, I say a little not a maybe a prayer, but a little message to them in my mind. You know, I'm like, Hey, I'm not here to bother you your family. I'm just out here hunting deer, big sturky water. The case may be, I don't really want to see you, I don't want to be bothered by you. And as soon as i'm done, I'll take all my trash with me and I'll leave. So I don't know if that helps or not, but it can't hurt, you know what I mean. So I do that. But yeah, so I don't know, Like I said, with the hogs, they're just suddenly disappeared up here, So I don't know if it's if Bigfoot is wipe them out, or if they've decided Bigfoot is something they don't want to deal with so they've left the area. But I haven't seen one up here really in about two years, and I think that's just so bizarre because there's not too many guys up here to actually hunt hogs. I asked guys that to you seeing hogs or hunt hogs? All they like one or two other guys and actually, you know, dedicated to hunt hogs. And I'm pretty sure they didn't mike them a lot, because there's must be thousands, hundreds of thousands of them up there. Probably they breed like roaches.
Speaker 1: Big for Society will be right back after these messages. It's extremely interesting. You have a ton of really interesting anecdotes from all over the place. I had no idea you're really going to go all over the place. This has been a very cool conversation. It's it's very unique to have someone on the show that, or at least for my show. I've only been able to talk to a handful of individuals that have been involved with out there in Fort Lewis in Washington. It's such an interesting area out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's crazy out there. So I've never seen angels like got in my life until I first got there, and you can just see the ants crawling all over. The whole thing is pulsate. Oh man, no way. That's the only place I ever slept in an igloo overnight too. It snowed on us, start snowing one night and we didn't have tents and made it in like a sleeping inside the vehicle. So we actually built a snow shelter and our whole squad of was got in there like sardines and we were very comfortable. So it was I experienced quite a few things out there. You go to the eastern part of the state and it's a whole desert, and we did lots of training out there, and yeah, it was different, really different. But so so when I moved here, when I moved back home to Georgia and the whole Bigfoot thing was I blame it on my father because when I was a little kid, they didn't have all these shows on TV. There was no internet back there in the late sixties, thirty seventies. Like I said, I'm older than dirt, but you had to go to the theater to see these documentaries about Bigfoot, and every time one came on, my dad drugged me to the theaters to see him. So I always kind of blame him for that. But I never I never really thought that Georgia would be a place where there was bigfoots. I mean, you know, there's I believe in polar bears, but I don't think there's any living in Georgia because this, you know, that's not where they live up in the Arctic Circle. So I believe in moose, but I've never seen one in Georgia, so that was my rationale. And you know, they they all live up in the Pacific Northwest or Canada or somewhere far up north. And I even talked to a guy right down the road. I think it was last year. I was going to go turkey hunt, and in this case, I got a lot of national forests around my property here, and I was going to this one spot and there was a couple walking down the road and when I came back out, they were going the other way, and I figured they must live over here in one of these houses. So I'm going to ask him about the turkeys, and so he said, oh, we don't live here. We're here with my wife's parents live over here. We're from Ohio. And so I told him about, you know, the turkey. He goes, oh, I'm a turkey hunter too. I loved the turkey hunt. And I said, oh, really, so here we go. He opens me up. Now I know he's an outdoorsman. I can ask him my question. To ask him, I said, you're from Ohio, I said, so, I just came out and asked him. I said, have you have you ever seen Bigfoot? Because it's some you know, pretty popular thing up there. And he goes no. He goes no, but I believe in it. He goes, I live on the wrong side of the state. All the Bigfoot lives on the other side of the state. And I was like, what, I had no idea that there were, you know, segregated like that where they only live on one part. But I guess, I guess that's you know whatever. But he goes, yeah, I believe in it. I was like, you're the first guy I've talked to at this time it has ever told me yes, I believe in this, because everyone else says I asked him, they just start snickering, laughing and whatever. So for me to experience these things up here. And you know how a lot of these people will tell you I was out here and the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Well, I don't have hair anymore, but if I did. There's only one place. Oh, I almost I have to tell you this one. This is I'm not really sure, but I got to tell you this. It's another It's also part of the Swallow Creek Wildlife Management Area that it's that that some people know. This Wildlife Management Area encapsulates about nineteen thousands square acres up here. It's a pretty large area and there's lots of little feeder roads to go into it all around it kind of uh, you know, you got a spider and then all the legs come out those roads. The legs would be the roads going in. So I had found another road that wasn't even marked. It was just off of another road, and I went down and come to find out that's the service road for that part of the WMA. And then I found a trail to go down the mountain. It takes about ten minutes to get all the way down this mountain, and there's three food plots down there, and I find him on this map on this hunting app that I got, and I saw him on there, and I was like, okay, I had to find the trail. Finally found the trail and sure enough, turkey's down there are stick as peanut butter. So I decided I'm going to start turkey hunting down there. So getting down there in the dark, it's it's creepy to say the least. And I'm you know, I'm heavily armed. Not only do I carry my shotgun and I got a ten millimeter pistol with me in case the bears want to, you know, try to eat me for lunch. I have been paced by a coyote going down there before, you know, I'd be walking and I hear something walking next to me and then I stopped and they would stop. I walk a little more and they were all I thought, what does that turn the light? Streaky coyote, he's got the balls to you know, he's pacting me better run. So I'm down there one one morning and I get down there before sunrise because the sunrise is when the turkeys come off the roost and they're gonna fly down onto these shields and that's when your best chance again one. So I get down there, and like I said before, there was no truck in the area, so I felt comfortable to stop there and go down and figure this. And nobody else down there. Well, I get down there, and I have to pass through two other fields to get to the very last one to where I want it to be. And I'm sitting down there and this field is long and it shaved like a football. I feel long and skinny. And the very back end is the service road where the dn R comes in and they'll plow these things in the summer or whatever, and they plant different food for the animals. And I had talked to another gentleman who lived back there. He goes, yeah, that road goes through my property, so the DNR has come through my property to get to their road. And I thought, okay, that's interesting. So I'm down there this morning and I'm sitting there, waiting, waiting, waiting, and from across this field further down from me, towards where that guy said his property was at, I see what I thought at the time was a person emerged out of the woods and he kind of walked out into the field a little bit and then went down towards where that guy's house was. The thing is, I couldn't really see clearly because the sun was just starting to come up a little bit, but I know he didn't have a gun, which I thought was kind of odd because I'm thinking, who else comes down here on this field first thing in the morning, Turkey season and is not packing a shotgun? That's just odd. And you know, it just he was. I couldn't see if he was wearing camel or whatdy. It just it was like a black figure and it came out of the bushes, and I kept thinking about it and thinking about that, why would somebody be over there if you know there was And when I got back up, when I left, I went back up to my truck, there was no trucks up there. So if he came from up on the road, he had to walk down a pretty hazardous decline through all that brush that we've talked about, I think I would have heard him coming down, and I don't know it just I didn't hear anybody out there. And to get there that way, I mean, you're you're really working hard to get through that stuff. If you're gonna come down there just to go and get on that road and walk. And then I thought, well, if it's the guy that lives here, what's he doing over there in the woods in the dark, you know, And he doesn't have a gun, not that I could see, but it just it came out. So the more I thought about it, the more I kind of wondered, you know, after I heard the max and if I thought, was that really a man that I I don't know, but it just you know, makes it gives me pause to wonder, because, like I said, I went back up, got in my truck and there was there want any other trucks up there. It was just me. It was kind of odd. So I don't know, And honestly, to be honest with you, I don't I don't want Bigfoot to be real because I enjoying going out in the woods and the thought that I'm going out there and there's some eight nine foot thousand pound gorilla out there that could rip my head off, it's kind of kind of freaks me out. Now, you know, I don't want to see it. I don't want to know. It's like I said, when I go out and say my little thing, I don't want to know you're anywhere around. I don't want to smell you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see your head peeking out from any tree or anything of that kind of stuff. I just I don't want to. I don't. What I really don't want is the people that I hear them when they say they're coming up and whacking side of the houses at night and stuff like. I'm not gonna put up with that. I mean, I I have more guns than God would allow a parent that that kind of stuff starts. You know, I'm going to take you're a business, but you know, do you stay out of my yard and I won't bother you. But so far I haven't had any you know, problems with stuff like that. Knock on wood. Yeah, I don't. I don't want to, but uh, you know, just the thought that you're you're going out there and there's this thing that could just rip your arms off, It's kind of this kind of creeps me out.
Speaker 1: The good thing though, is that I like, how before you go out hunting, you even though you may not entirely believe in the communication, you know mentally you are still having that you know you're sending that out, you know, and so your intention is correct, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let them know my very respectful. When I go out there, I see places. I mean sometimes I walk for a couple of miles out there and I'll find beer cans and trash. I'm like, who walks way out here to drink beer? You know? Who brought a six pack two miles up the side of a mountain to drink beer? And then there's a store on the ground, And I'm like, you know, you have no respect for the woods and you know, Mother Earth and all that kind of stuff. Because one thing I learned in the army was trash is the enemy can tell a lot about you by your trash. So if you leave trash on the battlefield and they find it, they can tell a lot about you. So I learned early on in my life when you're out in the woods, everything that you bring out there with you basically goes back out with you. I mean, I went through a school when I was in the Army, which was I don't want to mention the name of it because I don't like the politics involved with it. Now, one phase of it, most of it that is actually here in Georgia one phase of it is actually up here in the North Georgia Mountains, and so they would give us a certain amount of food to take out on the patrols and say, if it was a seven day patrol, you got seven meals. When you got back, you better have either the meals that you didn't eat, which was basically most of them, or you better have the trash, because they would check to make sure that whatever you took out you brought back because otherwise people can you know, hey, I found this toilet paper, and I found the candy wrappers. These guys are very well supplied because they got candy, toilet paper, they got cigarettes where they did their cigarette butts down up you know, all those little things. I've learned, you know, over the years. So I don't leave stuff out in the woods like that habit. And when I see people leaving trash and stuff out there, just it just burns me up. I'm like, you know, you're just destroying it for the next generation or the animals that are out here and whatnot. So like I said, I try, if they are real, if they really are out there, I'll let them know, Hey, I respect you, and I'm not out here to cause you any problems. You know, if you really don't want me out here, you throw a couple of ocks ors and sticks at me, and I'll believe me goutch because I don't want to. I'm not the redneck that says I'm going to shoot one because I don't believe that there's just one run around by itself. I have a feeling that they're probably family units, and if you, I just I just get the feeling if you mess with one of them, that the rest of them are just going to gang up on you and that's going to be a real bad day for you. You know.
Speaker 1: No, I have the same thought where you know, and I think there's a lot of other people that also have the same feeling. It kind of kind of like in you remember Jurassic Park, the first one, and you have Muldoune, you know, tries to take down the raptor, and then the other two raptors show up on either side of them. Big for Society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be like that pretty much on a lot, or.
Speaker 2: Like uh or it would be like uh, you know how mountain gorillas live there there are big family units, and there's not there's not this want of want there a matter of fact, pretty much everything out here except for the bears. The bears are pretty much the owners unless you have a slow or ubs. But everything else out here. I kid people, I tell them I basically have a deer farm, a deer and a turkey farm out in my front yard. Because it slopes away, we're kind of up on the side of the mountain and sometimes I have to hank the horn on my car to get the deer to move off my driveway. They're just standing there looking at me, and they're like, what what do you want? You know, I would like to I would like to get by. Please, Can you just move out away? And then you can come back and eat all the grass you want. The more you eat, the less I have to mow. But uh, you know, and like I said, we've had hogs and stuff out here, But I do think it's strange about the hogs and the deer. As a matter of fact, this month there's a I think it's called Georgia's Sportsman Magazine something like that. It's a Georgia specific hunting and fishing magazine and on the front cover is a wild boar, and so you know, I want to grif stot flipping through it while my wife's shopping. And you don't have to report killing hogs up here, there's no limit, but the game warden told me, I want tom kill as many as you can, you know, because there's just so many of them. At that time they were and they have this state divided up into different sectors. So I looked on my sector up here in Towns County, and like I said, I don't know who's reporting to the DNA that they kill hogs, but for the whole hunting season, I said, like either one or two had been reported killed. And that's odd. That's see, every time I tell you something like this, it makes me remember something else. So my son in law, the big hog hunter from Hawaii, is taking my granddaughter to school, and the school's just right around the corner down here. One morning, and apparently someone had hit a hog out on the road out there, and he threw it on top of his jeep. Turkey brought it back to our house and threw it out here on the side of the yard because he wanted to see how his dog would interact with it. Well, he didn't tell me about it, So, you know, he goes to work, my granddaughter goes to school, and I come outside, let my dog out. I got a Rottweiler, and then my son Wall's healer, and I see this thing out there in the yard. I'm like, what the world is that. I go down there and it's a dead hog. How did this hog get in the yard and just fall over dead? So anyway, long story short, he tells me what happened, and I said, well, we can't just leave that hog laying out here in the yard. It's going to start to stink the place up. So I put it on the back of my truck, and I had an idea, said, I'm gonna I'm gonna take it down to the other end of the property where there's a power line cut that goes through our property, and I'm going to stake it down and get a metal steak and I'm going to tie it down to that and I'm going to put a camera on it, and I'm going to watch and see what comes over there to eat it. So for about I don't know, three or four days or so, I can drive by there and I could look with my binoculars and see the hog laying there. And I checked the camera a couple of times, and it was like nothing wanted to touch that hog. For some strange reason. Once in a while there'd be a crow or a buzzard come down. Nothing. And then in the afternoon, I usually go and pick up my granddaughter from school, and so on the way home, she says, Papa, let's drive by and see if the hog. What's going on with the hog? Because I had already pulled the camera off of it because I needed it somewhere else, because I was like, nothing's touching that hog. I'm not wasting camera time. I've only got a few of them, and you and I've had bears take my cameras and chew them up before. And so the camera was gone. But we drive by and I get to buy it. No, look, the hog is gone and completely gone. And I was said, wow, is it's gone? I mean overnight was gone. Now when I took that hog out of my truck and I had to drag him over there to that power line. You know, okay, probably weigh about fifty pounds. Maybe I had drug him through the leaves and had left a trail a big drag mark through the woods. So I go down there after I dropped my granddaughter off, you know, at the house, and go down there in my truck. The cord, which was it was like a almost like parachute cord, real high kncel strength cord had been broken. It didn't look like it had been chewed through. It looked like something had just snapped it and the hog was gone. There were no drag marks anywhere. It's like that hog just stood up and walked off, or something came over there, snapped that cord, picked up that hog and left with it. Now we have a bear out here, like I said, we have about a six on a plus pound blackbrother. We call it big Gym. I guess big Gym could have picked it up in his mouth and walked off with it. I don't know, but I thought that was really odd that there wasn't a drag mark anywhere, and you can see the drag marks where I drug it over there. But so whatever, I had no idea what picked that plog up and ran off with it? There was there wasn't any pieces of it laying around nothing. You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's so weird because I hear man, I hear people tell me stuff similar with like elks they've shot out in uh Idaho where they come back real quick. The elk is entirely gone. It's like where to go, It's there's no drag marks. It's just it's crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Ed.
Speaker 1: You've got some really interesting things that have happened over the years. And I think if you keep doing what you're doing, stuff is just gonna keep happening to you. And I'd love to keep in touch with.
Speaker 2: The Okay, maybe I'll stop doing because I don't really want to do.
Speaker 1: That's that's true. I forgot most people are like, well, this isn't really my thing.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I I'm fascinating by me. Like I said, I've since been a part of me since I was a kid. I watched every TV show there's one on there. I watched just the Heckle because I think it's kind of funny. Yeah, this is this will be my last little story. Is when I was still a policeman in Hawaii a few years before I retired, I said, my wife was from Hawaii. I brought her back over here to Georgia and we came up here to North Georgia for a day, she and I and my sister to drive around and I said, this is where we're going to live. And she was like, there's there's no how do see any houses up here? Where are we going to live? But most of the place were going through was national forest. Still, of course there's snow houses and in Hawaiian people live on top of each other basically, so she was like, wow, this is there's nothing up here. I was like, yeah, it's perfect. There's no people up here to bother me, nothing, because after being a copy you just don't want to be around people no more. But anyway, so this was the first year that the show Finding Bigfoot was coming on, and we had gone back to Hawaiian went back home and the very first episode was going to come on, and I was I couldn't wait to watch it, you know, And my wife was laying on a little sofa in front of the TV and she had fallen asleep. And so the show comes on and what do you know, they're right up here in Helen, George. It's a little alpine village thing, right, It's like fifteen miles from my house. Tonight, we're in the North Georgia Mountains looking for a sasquats and I thought, oh, oh, my wife sees this. She had never moving to Georgia, so I tried to stink. I turned the volume down a little bit, thinking she won't wake up. And you know they do their their little town hall meeting things. Well, they had their town hall meeting right there in Alpine Helen. I don't know if you've ever heard of her word. It looks like a little German town. They have October Festa, right, so they're having their little town hall right there, right where we went through, right by where we had lunch and everything. Right when that was that part of the show was airing, my wife wakes up and she looks up at the TV and she watches it for like about thirty seconds. So she goes, hey, that looks like that place we went. And I'm sitting out there going oh no, and she goes, I said, it is that's Helen Georgia. Because what show is this? I was like, here we go. I said, it's it's Finding Bigfoot. Oh that was it. She does lost it. There's big cut, George. I am not moving over there nowhere. She just kind of lost your right about the whole Bigfoot thing. But she got but I was like, what the odds she would wake up right when that was on, you know, and I got to tell her.
Speaker 1: Larious, Oh my god, oh good stuff. Uh absolutely, man, thank you for for coming on the show and for for sharing what you've experienced over the years. And you know, definitely, you know.
Speaker 2: If anything else happened, dog, you will be the first.
Speaker 1: One please reach out. Yeah. Absolute, but thank you, thank you for coming on. I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it too, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to you allman listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much. Make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's the list the Subtle Lake area of Oregon, Rainbow, Oregon, McKinsey Bridge area, Sweet Home, pretty much that entire area, the north part. If you get what I mean, I'll see you back next time. Listeners. SASA Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic. July eleventh through twelfth in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. And listeners, if you're going to go, you can get two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b f S like Bigfoot Society, but BFS and I'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla was nice enough to provide that for my listeners.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing you there. So make sure you head over to www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today