Speaker 1: It's the Minnesota Goodbye. Oh look who just barged in as I started.
Speaker 2: Someone's excited to be on the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: It feels so good to be included in things unies.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, you don't want to be included in the orgy? Or you do?
Speaker 3: I don't want to be It's good to be included in everything but the orgy.
Speaker 2: Girl like you'd ever be invited to an orgy? Please?
Speaker 3: One who is a Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd be invited though. I'm a fun time Jenny.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about today?
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into some emails. I just have to open up a tab that I had open and now I don't know where it went. Hello, where are you there? You are okay, Bailey.
Speaker 3: I love that your dress matches your nails.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's like literally the same.
Speaker 2: It is like the same exact shade. You guys. I'm wearing a blue ath leisure dress with blue ath leisure nails.
Speaker 1: It looks kind of like a tennis stress.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a tennis dress. I think free so nice.
Speaker 3: You've never played tennis?
Speaker 2: No, I've never played tennis in my life.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll jump right into the emails. We don't have a ton, so it's going to be us three on the Minnesota Goodbye this week. So feel free if there's something you want to talk to us that you just don't want Dave to know. Yeah, you can email us Ryan Show at katiewb dot com.
Speaker 4: And then when he comes back, ask him why vonts never on the Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 1: Oh we've already asked, Wow, no, someone did ask that, Yeah you d no, we we uh know. Someone emailed then asked that like a week or two ago, and they were like, why is vn never on? And we just said that you have a lot of other behind the scenes work that nobody understands that you do. That you do a lot. Yeah, yeah's taking a nap ring in the Minnesota Goodbye. But Dave said, like, you can be on anytime you want, so up to you.
Speaker 3: Interesting how I feel next week?
Speaker 1: Pretty tired personally. I didn't mind when I had like twenty minutes to go catch up on work when I wasn't always on the Minnesota Goodbye. So it's up to you. But okay, here we go. Emails says, good morning, Dave, Ryan Show crew. Been a while since I've written in but as a daily listener to the show, I love to say the Minnesota Goodbye. I love to save the Minnesota goodbye for my outside walks in the afternoon. The podcast has easily helped me double my miles this summer, so I thank you guys for it. Just share something. Just wanted to share something that happened on Monday. You guys were discussing kissing and Jenny said, and I quote, while I'm not deep throating it, regarding the pillow. As she said that, I was taking a drink of water and I immediately started laughing and spit out my water. As this happened, a beautiful female was walking past the opposite direction across the street as a gay man. Clearly I'm not trying to impress her, but I was still mortified that happened. If she even noticed. Just wanted to share and ask if you guys had any embarrassing in front of a stranger, anything embarrassing happened in front of a stranger, and what happened. It just happened to me. Like last week, I was on a walk. There was a guy mo in is lawn, yes, and no part of me I was barely even distracted by him, but I saw him, and suddenly I tripped over the sidewalk. I hit a bump and I tripped, and he was waiting for me to pass, to keep going, to be like respectful of the lawn clippings coming at me and whatever he saw. Everything happen, and I didn't even make eye contact with him. I just completely avoided look straight ahead. Laughed. I always outwardly laughed.
Speaker 2: When I do that, because you're like, I'm not fancy free. I don't even care.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I just moved a lot, but anything for you guys.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I don't often get embarrassed. I feel like my mom is instilled in me that like, if you fall on the ground, just laugh at yourself, like you said, and then everyone will just be like, ah, what a good spirit of that person. But I had one moment when I was out on a walk and I felt something hit the back of my head, and I like was so confused. I thought someone had thrown something at me, so I screamed and I was like ah, And then it turned out it was a bird. So this bird had hit the back of my head, and I looked up and all I could see were like wings flapping, and then it hit the back of my head again and I could feel the wings like flapping on my head, and so I start running and I'm just going like hemp, there's a bird, and I'm running and then no one's paying attention to me.
Speaker 1: Where were you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was right by the Lake of the Aisles. I was just walking around Lake of the Isles on the neighborhood side, and so I this bird hit me a couple of times. I ran away from it enough and then I saw it fly across the street and I just pointed at the bird, and I looked at anyone who was walking around.
Speaker 1: I was like, watch out for the bird, you guys, watch.
Speaker 2: Out for the bird. And everyone's just going about their day like it was no big deal. Meanwhile, I had just been attacked by a bird.
Speaker 1: Are you traumatized by birds? Now? No?
Speaker 2: Not. I mean I was really nervous walking by that one place for like the next I don't know, a couple of months. But now I just that was the one and only time I've ever been attacked by a bird. But it like flew on the other side of the street. A lady saw it. She pointed at it and just went no, and then it kind of stopped, so it worked out. It was kind of an embarrassing moment though, just being like, there's a bird anyway.
Speaker 1: That bird runs those streets around, like yeah, exactly, he's got a team following about you.
Speaker 3: I don't go on enough walks. I have horror stories.
Speaker 1: Embarrassing you've done in front of a stranger.
Speaker 4: I was anytime someone asked when you've been the most embarrassed.
Speaker 3: I think of if I was.
Speaker 4: Maybe twelve and I was at a public pool wherever I lived at and I couldn't find the bathroom for the life of me. So I went and asked somebody that like the person that worked at the pool, and he was so kind.
Speaker 3: He was like, oh, to the left and d and I was walking to the pool.
Speaker 4: I kept turning to him so he could like watch me, like guide me, and he was so sweet, like watching me the whole time because it was a ways away. I got there and I pointed and he was like yeah. So then after that, I guess he looked. I don't know if he looked away or not, but I walked into the women's bathroom instead of and then I just imagined he helped me all this time, and then afterwards he was like, well he had one job.
Speaker 3: He got all the way there. All he had to do was walk left, and then I walked right into the women's bathroom. I don't know what happened after that.
Speaker 2: I've gone to the bathroom in the men's bathroom before, and that is terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've gone to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well, it's really weird. Well, when you're a kid, you like walking in, You're like, huh, urinals, that's weird. Anyway, I'm going to go into this stall now. And then men come in and pee in the urinal and you're like, oh my god, there's somebody in here. It's not a woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: I also find it strange as the way they designed certain bathrooms because basically, if you're walking past and a man is coming out and you see the door open and you glance in, and half the time you see someone peeing at a cournal and it's like there should be somewhat of a divider to like have the support protection.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad they don't pull their pants all the way down.
Speaker 4: It was strange in Jamaica when I went like two weeks ago. I don't know if that's their culture or what. But we got to the Montego Bay Airport and I'm peen at the urinal and a woman that I guess just works at the airport, like a custodian or something comes in to change the paper towels while the bathroom was like full.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should knock and be like anyone in here. It was full.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was no it wasn't just me in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Now there's no boundaries in Jamaica.
Speaker 4: It's like like like I don't know, and so if anybody Jamaican listening, please email let me know.
Speaker 3: But she was just like okay, like changing the soap or the paper.
Speaker 1: Shift was done in two minutes. She's like, I'm going in.
Speaker 3: I don't care getting the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: Is it ever embarrassing just peeing next to other men? I would hate that.
Speaker 1: Too, because I don't even like if someone walks into a stall. I get nervous to even pee in a stall in the women's bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got over that in college because I used to like wait until everyone was out of the room. But now I'm just like I got no time, like I'll go.
Speaker 3: I've asked Dave this before.
Speaker 4: I asked him, like, you ever get scared that somebody next to you in the urinal, like is looking down at your penis?
Speaker 3: He was like, I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: I can't say that I have because here there's a divider in between. But there's still there tall ass people in this building. Sure, and this places like just general places that don't have a divider, the fair I'm pretty sure those urinals are just like the long ones the trough and there's no like no separation between, Like I could wipe the dude's dick next day if I wanted to.
Speaker 3: God, see, that.
Speaker 2: Just sounds awful, like your shoulders touching the guy next to you and your I.
Speaker 1: Am that Yeah, yes, okay. I just have one little last paragraph coming in from Joey who email that says, also, I know you guys have gotten several emails regarding the mixtape game and music clips on the podcast. I'm sure I speak for many listeners that this is one of my favorite bits of the show and I'm bummed it can't be included in the podcast later. It would be nice if iHeart could make an exception for you guys, since ratings are up with Vonded Bailey joining as a workaround. I've listened to mixtape on the recorded live stream on YouTube anyway they are they are anyway, thank you for all you guys do and bringing joy and comic relief to a crazy world. You're loyal South Dakoda listener Joey and I will just say, Joey, I know we've talked about this before, but the thing with the music is that it doesn't we could have the best show in the country, it still doesn't take away from the fact that we don't have the rights to artists music and we would have to pay them royalties to be playing them on the podcast. So that is why we just cannot include it. But if you happen to be listening live, we always do Mixtape Game at eight am on Fridays and then we do play it again at nine am on Monday mornings if you missed it on Friday.
Speaker 3: So I will say.
Speaker 4: The other thing is when we're on live stream, we're always on live stream. When we do Mixtape Game, we don't take the music out of there. So if you want to go back on the YouTube or Facebook and rewatch there.
Speaker 3: Do that.
Speaker 2: My moves my move.
Speaker 3: So see your beautiful faces.
Speaker 2: And Bailey and me me too.
Speaker 1: You two are like little siblings kind of just cutting deep at you don't cut deep, but it's always a little jabs here and there. It's like getting at for each other. He's poking me, all right, This one says my friends. You guys are rocking it while Dave is gone. Oh this came in the spring. Gone. Yeah, I didn't get a chance to call in this morning when you were talking about finding something that shouldn't be there. In college, I lived with my girlfriends and we had a five discs CD changer, well before Spotify or e and iPads were invented. One morning, I went to play my favorite burn CD and a CD player was jammed. It wouldn't work. We had had a birthday party for me the night before, and I remembered it was working just fine for our pre party, So what the heck happened? Since?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: I took a closer look and found two green dice inside it where a CD would have gone. Then it started to come back to me. The day before, we had gone to the liquor store. I found a set of green dice with white dots. And thought they were so cool, so of course I bought them. We had friends over and played dice and card games with my new green dice that I was so proud of until we headed to the bars that night. But before we left for the bars, I remember feeling, in my already drunken state, I was legitimately concerned that my green dice would get stolen, so I made sure to find the best hiding place where no one would think to look for them, apparently in the CD player. I think we eventually got the dice out and the CD player worked okay, thankfully because I didn't have an extra one hundred dollars to pay my roommate for breaking her CD player. Have a great day, everyone dart like Liz. Oh my gosh, Liz, I love your broken or you're broken. You're a drunken mindset. Oh someone's gonna dice. Where should I put them? Let's put them in a CD player, which I'll probably forget about because I'm doing this drunk and I have no idea where they are.
Speaker 2: Liz is expecting like one of those little like French burglars in the all black outfit with the little hat and the little mask. Like standing in the window being like, ooh, you get those dice. I'm going to steal those dice. Oh, I can do a lot of gambling with those dice.
Speaker 1: And I love how like attached you got to a pair of green dice, Like I can't imagine I'd be at the liquor store and be like, oh my gosh, I love this much.
Speaker 2: It was a different time. That's back when we listened to CDs, so we got excited about things.
Speaker 1: Like dice apparently cute. Well, we don't have too many emails this morning, so we can just chat between the three of us today and for a little bit. But please email us in Ryan Show at katiewb dot com if you get a chance. Okay, I do have one story I want to tell you guys about, And I know I'm annoying with pick a ball, but I want to tell you what happened to me on Friday. So Andrew and I were playing at these courts, and you know, it's free courts, so people start to get to know each other, and this guy started kind of like taking Andrew and I under his wing and like coaching us and stuff. And it was cool because he taught us some things that we definitely did not know about pick a ball, and like just ways to play the game better and smarter. And but the next thing I know, he's literally giving me like a private lesson while Andrew was playing a different doubles game and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, holding the all of your back.
Speaker 1: I was nervous because no, we were on opposite sides of the nets. It's called dinking, so we're like dinking back and forth. But then he came and it does sound weird. We were digging back and forth. He did come over, and I was like, is this motherfucker doing this so he can try to get a little hand on me or something. So he did kind of at one point pulled me a little bit to show me like what I should have been doing with my hand. But he wasn't trying. He was just a genuinely, very enthusiastic pickball player who wanted to teach people to play better. Sure, and so it was fun. But then I played two games with him as a partner, and it was like a critique every second. And I know I'm competitive, but I'm still we joke about be being competitive, but I'm still fun to play with. In sports, and stuff, and I'm not like competitive where I'm like an asshole to people. And so I just sat there and I was like, oh my god, bro, I just want to play the game and have fun right now. I don't want to be a pickball like athlete professional. Okay, and so and now I'm going to see this guy at the course all the time because he's a total regular. And it's not that I don't like him. I just am like, great, now when I see him, he's going to like feel like the door has been opened for him to critique us constantly.
Speaker 2: Right, Like you're his padawan, he's your Jedi?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, exactly, what's a nerdy reference?
Speaker 2: Listen, I went.
Speaker 1: Along with it. I didn't actually fully, I didn't fully, but I went along with it. You know Star Wars.
Speaker 3: I know it was Wars, but like padawan, that out.
Speaker 2: Of it is you're is a learner in Star Wars. A Jedi teaches a padawan. If you've ever won email And if you think I'm not weird.
Speaker 4: The dynamic of this show, Jenny was just perfectly yeah, of course, and continue to know.
Speaker 1: I'm supportive, von Okay, I'm supportive anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a Jedi master and you're his padawan. I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, see I get that. Now, I get it. See you start to explain a little bit more. I figured it was Star Wars Wars. I've never seen Star Wars.
Speaker 3: If she didn't say Jedi, it would have been lost in hell. You would have been like, all right, Bailey, I know I would.
Speaker 4: I have a related but unrelated question, who do you and Andrew are like more not insecure? But like who would be like, Oh, he's trying to talk to you or she's trying to help you with this?
Speaker 1: Probably me, I would say I'm more insecure.
Speaker 4: So if this was like a woman doing like trying to go help Andrew, you'd be like, is she trying to do moving.
Speaker 2: On him or something?
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't be like that. I like have a trusting relationship with him. But if I suddenly heard that he was going out to coffee with some chick that I've never met before a bunch, which honestly is part of his job. He like has to go yeah, yeah, he has to go to like lunches and coffees and all this stuff all the time, And I never know half the time who these people are. Because it's just like him networking. So but if I heard all of a sudden that he was going to see some chick, like multiple times, I'd be like, what's happening here?
Speaker 2: Like, uh, yeah, hello, I'm from your local phone company and I'm too yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, he would definitely know if he got a phone call with Roses, and especially since I'm the one who does it, you'd have to do it, Bailey.
Speaker 2: I did meet Andrew for the first time this weekend, and he his eye contact is impeccable, to the point where he was making such good eye contact with me. I was like, is this guy into me?
Speaker 3: Oh? I was like, clearly not.
Speaker 2: But I would say anything and he would just like look at me so intently, and I'd be like, okay, all right, he's a gut.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's very very personable. He The joke is that like I introduced him to my friends and suddenly they want to hang out with him more than they want to hang out with me. A lot of times, like Fallon and Jake immediately loved him and they didn't even want to. They joked that they didn't want to invite me to things anymore, but they would like Andrew to be there and I was like, okay, fine, and he did. One time he literally went to Falans for some bombfire and I had some kickball thing going on, so he went and hung out and I didn't know, but yeah, I would hope he's good at eye contact, considering he does real estate, so it's pretty important for him to be good with social stuff. But did you, oh, God, like Bailey staring at each other now to see he's going to break it first.
Speaker 2: So he did say he gave me fake news and said that Mil City Museum was getting torn down and I said no, and he said yes and I said no and he said, yeah, Yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Was really wrong. He was really hold and strong on that right. And I was like, I didn't believe him, but he spews random facts all the time, and then I fact check him and he is right ninety five percent of the time. So that's why I kind of believed him. But then I believe you more because you would definitely know more about something like that. But yeah, he did say that he was wrong, so it's whatever. But she doesn't normally like to admit he's wrong, so go for him.
Speaker 2: But I did admit, yeah, he did admit, So I'll give him that.
Speaker 1: But Von, did you want to say something more? Because you were like asking me about Andrew and who would get more jealous.
Speaker 4: I was just curious because, like I think, out of me and Alyssa, I would definitely be like, oh, why is he trying to make her her hand arc from pickleball better? Yeahs to be like hmm, but you and Andrew don't really seem like that, like the jealous type.
Speaker 1: No, Because I mean I've been in unhealthy relationships before, and if I get to a point where I'm like not trusting my partner, then I know that something's wrong with our relationship and I have to look further into the relationship and not further at like that specific situation, you know. So I don't know that just comes with Dayton some fuck boys.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: So all right, Well we're gonna wrap up the podcast. Like I said, send us an email at Ryan Show. It's Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. And if you've been dying, it's going to be here all week. If you've been dying asked on some questions, Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you've been dying, if you've been dying is here.
Speaker 1: You're going to work on my delivery, Like, how like last week, what did I say someone was blowing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I said thek twgerl was going to be blowing the vikings. And then I stopped because I couldn't figure out how to pronounce the technical term of the big horn that they blow at those games, and so I was like questioning how to say it, and I was like, wow, I really just thought she's gonna be blowing the vikings. So anyways, email us Ryan Show at KDWB dot com