Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, It's Tuesday, November twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Holy smokes. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, presented to you Bye Deku deals. I am your host, jan Oh Shoa joining me co captain of the ship. That's right. He's given you several reminders at this point to defrost your turkey five days ago. Our own big bird of the show, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Grub, I'm not a chicken, you're a turkey.
Speaker 1: That's right, reminding us constantly of anti drug commercials from the late eighties to nineties, our own spokesperson, our own scruff McGruff, Dan Reichert.
Speaker 3: Tobacco is wacko. If you're a teen, that's right, But only if you're a teen. If you're above or blow it's fine. Yeah, do whatever you want. And the king of doing whatever you want and encouraging you to do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Jeff Backlar, Hello, Hello, smoke drugs.
Speaker 1: And speaking about smoking drugs. He's smoking drugs. He's smoking games. He's the bad boy of games media because he's smoking himself.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: He had to take his glasses off because he's producing too much money. Hate my Manaughty.
Speaker 2: Smoking is the lead cause of lung cancer. All right, I meant vape drugs. Sorry, that's right, vape drugs. Uh.
Speaker 1: It's a short week here at giant bomb dot com Thanksgiving over here in the States, so excuse us, folks if we're starting the podcast at skoch earlier to accommodate for all the things going on. But I also just want to give another special shout out to everyone that helped out during Extra Life the first weekend, the last weekend, and everyone that's going to continue streaming on for Extra Life. Shouts out to our dear friends at Next Lander. H Alex just be drumming away, just smashing at them so hard. In fact, that YouTube was like, no, we gotta clap, we gotta stop this music. We got to footloose them. But shouts out to the Next Lander crew, love y'all.
Speaker 4: Shouts up the team, Giant Bomb number four in the world.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 3: That's a highlight every year. It's fun to do, and the backends for a great cause is just a huge bonus.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I love doing.
Speaker 6: That also, and next year we could be in the top three. We're not that far behind Studio Wildcard. Actually, yeah, you hear that.
Speaker 2: Studio Wildcard, We're coming for you much better than you your pieces of Shavan Diesel, We're coming for him.
Speaker 1: Wait, why is Ben Diesel's dreaming now he's in He's in Arc two apparently, Oh right, right, that's a real video game.
Speaker 2: Sure huh.
Speaker 4: Also, what is it about Studio wild Card that they like love extra life?
Speaker 2: Like, what is the deal? I think just represent I think it's laundering.
Speaker 4: You can get some sort of embezzlement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're probably stealing from the kids. Honestly, listed right now and just put us at three.
Speaker 4: We're calling you out Arc people.
Speaker 2: Who's one and two Magic the Gathering.
Speaker 6: Number one with a little bit over two million. Number two is Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons and Dragons. They've raised a half million, and Studio Wildcard at one.
Speaker 4: Seven names.
Speaker 3: The names isn't the same as Magic the Gathering. I thought that was the company that I know.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, but the boat.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 6: Audio listeners need to understand the hand gesture he made very it's not dismissive, but close, very close.
Speaker 3: Gesture to make my brain leave my body. When I heard the praise.
Speaker 2: Good for that. I'm going to my high school twentieth reunion tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Michael done. We're not done going through the plugs yet, all right? Have I opened the floor yet?
Speaker 3: No, Mikey's always on the Mikey mode. Come on, it's it's a plug time with Mikey.
Speaker 4: It's always time with mike all right, he's got I thought we had moved on to so I'm with you, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry for the record.
Speaker 3: We listed an embargo for a game yesterday and Discord and Mikey came in on a private conversation was still like, that's my birthday, so it's not just on the air, all.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, you know. Also, the show is presented by dk Deal. Shouts out to our friends at ko Deal's ko deals dot com slash giant Bomb. We played Just Dance last week, at least some of us did, so, oh, maybe we're gonna make Maybe we've got to make good on the other two.
Speaker 2: And then I still have to I still have Just Dance. Plus I have not canceled it yet, you know.
Speaker 1: And then there's the description dancing of course, oh yeah yeah. And then there's the other other two that should have been dancing as well, because what is Chuck doing building a website? What is Sean doing editing the podcast.
Speaker 3: Dance put that Chuck's in the easy mode of the website stuff, I think. Don't they say, like the last couple of weeks before a website launch.
Speaker 4: You can just sleep sleep through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking about the site, the site is going on a freeze next week. I can feel Chuck just like vibrating through the internet get to work. So Chuck is hardcore, lovingly, painstakingly.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I've been working on the new website for john bomb dot com. It's gonna be great, It's gonna be fantastic. We sent out a little uh uh kind of like a news letter, an update going on what to expect over there. But the site will be frozen next week. But if you are subscribed to the RSS feeds them, don't worry. Yes, just like frozen, you will still be able to get all of your premium content heading straight to your internet pipes. Speak about internet pipes, Jeff Grip, How could the folks at home keep the internet pipes clear and the housewarm for us?
Speaker 6: Direct your internet pipes over to giant bomb dot com. Slash join and become a premium member. We've noticed a lot of people have done that and we appreciate it. It means the world to us. It enables us to continue doing the things that we love doing over here that you all want to see. Your support goes a long way to ensuring we can remain independent in games media out here on our own without having to worry about what's happening anywhere else. And it's as volatile as ever, So you showing up to do that shows that you guys really care about this and this could still be a vibrant space and we want to represent that here. So thank you again. Gets you ad free versions of the episodes. It's going to get you a lot of extra goodies in twenty twenty six as we begin delivering on our Bombathon promises. So look out for that, but go over to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member.
Speaker 1: Also, we are able to run the show because of our friends at main Gear. Shouts at the main Gear main gear dot com. Let's shine bomb. Hey, you know the holidays it coming up. Go buy yourself a PC, or go buy yourself a face plate that we made. Don't buy mics though, Buy everyone else's.
Speaker 4: Did buy one you would want?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Lucky my dog didn't actually die the other week. God, it felt really bad about that. Oh that's she's on there.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, right, okay, but you know, yeah, all all right, Mike, you can buy a plate.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Second one?
Speaker 1: Holy smokes? What else we got?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: I think now it's time.
Speaker 6: I've been reeling since Dan pointed out the fact that I have a paid subscription to Dancing sucks.
Speaker 2: That's uh. I don't like the thought.
Speaker 3: It I don't dance, but I did. It does seem like it's traditionally been a free activity, something you just certain dances.
Speaker 6: Right, It's like it's so like famously for you for your mind, or and your ass will follow, or is the opposite, for your ass in.
Speaker 5: Your mind will now for your mind, your ass will follow.
Speaker 1: I blue skyed you to cancel it, and I don't. Yes, I appreciate that, Yes, I it's I still see it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it. But uh, I hope i'd like the idea of yeah, it's funny. If it's funny, it would.
Speaker 1: Be funny, like we both forgot to cancel Fortnite Crew for however long a.
Speaker 2: Few a few dozens of months. My kids did get to just dance.
Speaker 6: A little bit, so uh they maybe we'll see they were playing some of the paid ones.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Mike.
Speaker 3: Crew again, I'm backing the crew. I'm getting those V bugs everyone.
Speaker 1: I don't care whatever one I was doing. I want to hear what Mike wanted to talk about. I spent forty dollars on Scratchy. Mike, so tomorrow is your high school reunion?
Speaker 2: Thirty bucks on Scratchy. I'm sorry, No, I want to talk about it follows you around. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I guess Scratchy makes the most sense. He's one most.
Speaker 1: War to talk about stuff. You wants a chance, he.
Speaker 2: Gets mad at me again. My bat my twentieth high school reunions tomorrow. You're old. Wow, I'm sure I'm old. Everyone. Twenty years ago is when I graduated high school. Twenty years is some change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just did my I just did my twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't do my twentieth because it's like, I think people just do Facebook for the organizing now, and I'm not on Facebook.
Speaker 2: So that's why I keep Facebook all No, you don't. That's well if you want to do things like my deep love of Zuck, like the only organizational tool that anybody over the age of thirty five years is though it just does.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're not on your side with this. Maybe this is a Midwest thing, but everyone that like does any of that stuff is on Facebook these days.
Speaker 4: Just okay, I misheard you. Yeah there is so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I only found out about that through someone who had a Facebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, no organizational tool people use for these things. I mean, I guess what are they going to do otherwise? Call everyone?
Speaker 4: No, But I think it makes sense because when Facebook was popular among our generation, that's when the sort of roots were, the seeds were planted, the roots were sort of established. So you have the best chance of casting a net and catching you know, as many fish if you stay there.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 4: There it makes sense. Fuck Facebook, but yes, it makes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, this is not an endorsement.
Speaker 1: I'm record clean.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like I just you know, it's a brewery, though it's not the brewer. If all the pinball machines.
Speaker 4: Back, oh, can we come to your They.
Speaker 2: Have jaws and d and d and uh the weird avatar one that takes your picture. They show all the pictures and they every picture that is somebody looking very confused because they told them it's take their picture.
Speaker 4: Of that at the start of your game. I just want you to know that I would Does it make you blue?
Speaker 2: The pictures?
Speaker 4: They oh, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. Maybe they do.
Speaker 6: I'll report back to Yeah, okay, I'm on the ground reporting about whether or not you get blued.
Speaker 3: We we did get our Avatar tickets for the new one. They were almost selling out a parent the memories of going to the theater for the first one who went to Cheesecake Factory got very high and drunk and really had a good time for like four hours.
Speaker 5: So we're doing the exact same thing this year.
Speaker 3: There's a cheesecake factory in the mall where we have tickets, a big Dolby Digital imaction.
Speaker 2: Ever perfect day. You're describing dance a cheesecake factory.
Speaker 3: Take the edibles at the cheesecake factory, get a bunch of bullshit cocktails, sneak some ship into the theater, and you're just sunk in that chair, reclining for like four hours a bunch of horse shit. You're gonna just yeah, but it's just gonna be a great time for like four hours.
Speaker 1: I be with the each other.
Speaker 3: Then That's why I when we were doing our timing, I was like, I gotta be back for the nineteenth.
Speaker 2: We got plans.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna be on the eighteenth. Eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, we could like maybe see if there's like an early showing that we can somehow talk our way in four hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Speaking about movies, I y'all know me. I'm a I'm a theater kid in high school. Love musicals. Holy fucking ship. I saw Wicked two for Good or Wicked for Good and it might be the worst movie I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh no, very vastly different things the pinions about this.
Speaker 1: It is so unnecessary of a movie. I understand that act is definitely the weaker of people don't like.
Speaker 2: Was it more focused on rom Tom Tugger or what? No?
Speaker 1: And they still weren't brave enough to show buttholes Okay, Wicked cut.
Speaker 4: Play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't like it, and I'm curious, like that's weird. I don't remember everything I disliked the movie. What I was ted So calling Car fifty four or whatever. It was that really bad like remake of the old TV show. We went to go see that with my family and me my brother came out and being like that was amazing, and my family looks shell shocked.
Speaker 6: They're like they've just been through nom My.
Speaker 4: So tomorrow I'm gonna be in Virginia and They're all going to see it, and me and Dibb are like gonna go bowling or something instead. And my mother in law is like the largest Wizard of Oz freak on earth. It's hard defining characteristic. The only thing I can like communicate successfully to with her.
Speaker 6: Does she know that ted Lasso is an adaptation of the Wizard of Oz, that this is something recently really well you Wizard of definitely, Yeah, is kind of a diet Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 4: So okay, give me like the quick pitch here.
Speaker 6: I mean, like, I think, like the one guy who's mean, he needs to get his heart. There's a whole bunch of things. He always says, I'm not in Kansas anymore. He's from Kansas. He's in a land that is unfamiliar to him. Brett Goldstein, who plays that the mean soccer player. He explained all this. He's like, no, I definitely was just adapting the Wizard of Us. This character is that I didn't deep into it. Yeah, but if you want to, like like built bridge a new conversation with her, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's a free one from me to you back.
Speaker 4: Interesting. I don't want to talk more than I have to.
Speaker 2: Sure say, emergency in the pocket in case you need it.
Speaker 1: I'll bring that.
Speaker 2: During my regunion. Though I haven't seen ted lasses, I might not be able to hold that conversation though. Yeah, they got even more fun.
Speaker 4: Like you know how Brett Goldstein's character I haven't seen this, but you know.
Speaker 2: How character Mike has some ted last and energy. If I was going to have to watch a TV show today, I think ted Lasso would definitely be like one of the first round picks. I think ted Lasso is very sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the first season, there was a specific scene. During the second I just had to tap out. Do you remember there was like singing during a funeral?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well stop watching all Yeah it was worth it. Yeah, yeah, I hope I outlived Dan. I was just like, it's singing at his funeral because you.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I will have armed guards.
Speaker 2: The singing heightst that dance funerals stick you in what should I sing? What should I say? It is? Probably would you wish up pot a star something?
Speaker 3: My one Wicked association is when I lived in New York, the bar across from the Wicked Theater is where me and Alex Boniello and friends would always go to watch pay per views. So like I remember like those first a w pay per views, like that first double or nothing and stuff just being like super into Cody versus gold Dust, and also just so rounded by people in Wicked cosplay, like people dressed the Wicked wedge, full green faces and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad really not enjoying this movie because there were so many people like faces painted green pink dresses.
Speaker 4: Did the audience like it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, like you normally can kind of tell when there's like a positive swelling of something happening, and sure she just it just fell flat for me now, Dan, I mean, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and like I probably don't have a light to stand on here. Guess I didn't see this movie, but I'm still suspect of your movie opinions. After you said you kind of liked that last Jurassic World thing. My dad text me he liked that a lot.
Speaker 1: He liked it. Yeah, yeah, scar Joe in a in action film Jonathan Bailey the hottest man in America or in the world.
Speaker 3: I got a My dad texts me to tell me he liked Dress World Dominion a lot, and then he followed it up with the most dad joke I could imagine where He's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 3: Although, you know, with Scarletton and I was hoping to see a topless of saurus.
Speaker 2: Jesus, It's like, boy, I meant your standards.
Speaker 1: I wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: That's usually genuinely funny that one wasn't.
Speaker 1: Ready to get to games yet. But uh, topless of saurus.
Speaker 4: I mean he should be putting jail temporarily.
Speaker 2: I feel like, take all dinosaurs are topless.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, video games. Huh, well we'll talk about those now. Uh speaking about Oh that's not on here, never mind uh speaking Oh no, no, no, there we go speak about topless. Uh. Several characters in this video game will occasionally take off their top Jeff Grub, I'm talking about Dispatch, which you finished today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I finished the last episode of the first season today, I UH made a lot of choices. I'll say, like I remember in older Telltale games being confronted with like really tough choices, maybe a little bit more frequently than than uh then happened in disc. There was still quite a few, but it was just a lot of times it's like, you know, choose this character or that character, and it wasn't like, oh, choose this person to live or this person to live and the other one will die. There's some of that, but maybe a little bit less frequently, and I think that's probably to the game's benefit, where it's like you you're not feeling like you're put into a corner by the game. You just feel like you're becoming part of the team and making choices, and that it really all comes together in that last episode where they're really good at making their superhero action bullshit look phenomenal. It looks really cinematic, really well done, like a high budget TV show, and then that like closes the deal on a series that already had very great characters that are very easy to get attached to. And again, because you are making choices and it may like their emotional states can kind of live in your head a little bit. I think you get a little bit more attached to them, and yeah, it really delivered. I don't know if I did the right thing, but I definitely made all the choices I wanted to make, and we'll live with them. And it's one of those games where it's like, I know that there are other paths, and I'm like academically interested to understand how it was put together, how the designers like decided like what would factor into any of the Indians you might get and stuff like that. But I don't want to replay the game because I played the game and that's my story and those are my choices, and I'm like super happy to live with those consequences. Very curious to see how they continue some of the threads from the very end into what is inevitably, inevitably going to be a next game, because this is a very successful game.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, is there going to be a canonical choice? I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I think they're gonna have to deal with, Oh, there's these two things that happen here at the end. I bet they'll have some cute way of dealing with that so it doesn't get too complicated, sure, but there's definitely some questions up in the air.
Speaker 2: See the mass effect to a comic thing again, right, yes, just clean it all up in there, yeah, grub.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to when we get to Game of the Year because I want to hear about your process with when it comes to the choices. I haven't peeped the last two episodes of you playing through this, but I do want to see the commonalities of where our brain may potentially go, because there was times in that game where I thought I'm making very good choices and then things went to shit and I'm like, oh, yep, okay, yep, god dispatch. If we haven't already talked about the performances of the voice acting cast, it really really shines in those last two episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 6: And I see someone in Chance like, oh comment on like some of the criticism. It's it seems cynically designed to tap in the like that we have violence and hot characters and you fuck, and it's like, yeah, but they do it all pretty well, and it's like, I don't have not all of my art needs to be uh like high minded and it doesn't all need to be oh so well thought out in like, oh they're not they're not going to our base instincts. Sometimes delivering all my base instincts is a positive, and I think they all are year because the characters are hot, the violence is fantastic, it's very enthralling, and the characters do fuck and there's just nothing wrong with that. I think this is a really solid one of those maybe cynical, cynically designed once it's done by people who know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: This is why I think Sinners really work this year, because yes, of course there's violence. It's a fantastical situation where there are vampires invading a small town, but also people just want.
Speaker 3: To fuck all right, Yeah, Jane, that movie. You know how I famously didn't pick up on like horny vibes and certain movies. Yes, I watched Sinners and I was like, this is a horny vampire movie. Good job, Dade, Well, thank you? Noticeably horny?
Speaker 2: Is it when she's spit in his mouth? Did that's Did that tip you off?
Speaker 3: And all the fucking Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, get Danny, Jeff, Do you think I'll like, you know, I don't really usually go for like Invincible or the Boys like I Yeah, like, yeah, okay, that's fair, but you haven't watched those things, right, So it's like these are opinions based on like how you feel about that genre as a whole. I see I've seen things like yeah out of context. So it's absolutely not like I don't have like a fair critique of it. But I just you know, I look at my boy. That's not for me, is my I'm certainly going to try this at least I think of all three of those, this is the one that I think would most likely win you over. And I don't think it'll be that. I don't think it'll have a tough time doing so.
Speaker 3: I have heard The Boys is good and that I would like. Bomp Bok knows me very well and she knows I hate she hates superhero stuff too, but she told me to watch Peacemaker. I like that, and then she watched The Boys and she's like, it's actually really good.
Speaker 1: You would like it, Like would I like The Boys?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you would like there's a strong chance. Yeah, okay, maybe not, but like you know, it's a little bit like Carl Urban almost winking at the camera with how like I'm a shitty little guy, and but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it would probably win you over. I saw cliff where the mean guy was like told people can't save these children from his crashing airplanes. Bad pr Then I saw a clip or that mean guy laser the guy through his penis and he slowly died out and writhe on the floor. I saw one of the mean guy made a guy go into an oven and cooked him alive. He's a bad guy. Yeahah, he's the villain. Yeah, but I don't like want to I don't want to watch villains torture people constantly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that's not you know how that stuff happens where people share the most shocking thing, Like, that's not ninety nine percent of the show, But I get it. I think this one will not have that sort of feeling for you. No, No, you're definitely mean guys, but you are focused on building the Z Team the Motley Crew, which is you know, it's a suicide squad. Again again, I think these are things that when you hear them on paper, it's like, uh gross, But is it really.
Speaker 2: Called the Z Team? Yeah? Yes, I think that was a weird localization thing. And Dragon Ball Z where like they were like they tried to name like the squad, the Z team or something like that. You could tell it was the most added and post thing ever, like they were the fucking power Ragers. This Z Fighters, that's it, the C Fighters. Like go, I was like, I'm part of the Z Fighters. Like who calls them the Z Fighters? What are you talking about? To try to justify White's called dragon Ball Z. Where did the Z cup from? What's the Z being? They never answered, We'll never know.
Speaker 1: Gohan died in that one timeline, so who knows. Yeah, yeah, Dispatch, I think Jesus Christ. I was not expecting it to like immediately rise up the ranks of my personal top ten, but it is hovering around the very tippy top. It's good. It's very good, Jesus Christ. Don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Go check it out. It's an easy thing to just zip through in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was surprised, Like Chat was like, oh, there's a man. This is when it played out completely differently to the point where it's like in the gameplay sections where again you're sending out these heroes on calls and managing stuff, kind of similar to a souped up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood mechanics. That game is really old. I don't know why is that my touch stuff? But just that's that's what that's what I go to for a while because right but it's like even there, I was like doing something and it's like everyone chat. It was like that played out way differently for me, Like someone else showed up and you didn't even see them at all.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, okay, cool. And again I'm.
Speaker 6: Curious to see how that stuff is worked, how that works, or how that's decided upon by the game. But again, I just love love owning my story in these kinds of games and be like, no, this is these are my characters, and this is how it played out, and I'm going to take that to the next one.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, Beckler, please go ahead.
Speaker 4: The I was gonna say the the gameplay stuff is just still.
Speaker 1: Not hitting with me.
Speaker 4: I I I just am not.
Speaker 6: I got into it by the end, I was, I was pretty into it, but I can't get it. There's it's not there's how I shake.
Speaker 4: Out when I'm when I finished the end there, But like I love this story so much that it's like, uh, it is.
Speaker 6: It's what am I story on too, Okay, so like it'll get more complicated and you'll definitely be overwhelmed where it's like, oh, I actually don't have enough heroes to send out on all these calls, so I need to start.
Speaker 2: Triaging this stuff. And I think it gets more interesting the more times they do that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess maybe I'm I'm trying. I'm trying to just predict, like where the complexity's gonna go with that sort of thing, and I'm just like, I don't even want to see it. I'm just being I guess I'm being a bit of a funny duddy with that, but but yeah, I'm not. You know, I wonder if they would like they don't give you an option to skip that part, do they? No?
Speaker 2: Right, No, No, it's because a lot of story happens in there. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, stick with at least through the third episode and see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna fin I want to see how this ends, so I'm absolutely gonna finish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I again, I think I alluded to this either last week or the week before. But if you are at all a fan of Doctor Doom and villains wearing a iron mask, you need to llast see the end of Dispatch because of Matt Mercer's character. Holy smokes, that guy.
Speaker 2: He really he chewed up the scenery in that last episode for sure.
Speaker 1: Freaking knows how to know act. Huh.
Speaker 2: I turned it on, Mike.
Speaker 1: You brought up dragon Ball, and dragon Ball always reminds me of Dragon Quest and you've been playing dragon Quest one HD two D.
Speaker 2: They have the same artists. Man. Yeah, I actually I finished dragon Quest one, which is part of the dragon Quest one plus two HD two D collection, and that was a really fun romp. It's nice too, like you can see why, like they bundle these two games together because just playing through the first games fifteen hours so pretty, you know, fast paced for one, these might still felt like a full game on its own, for sure. And I never played the original, but it's been fun. I've been going back and watching old playthroughs of it, getting a sense of what has changed and kind of like, you know, the biggest things. Uh, even though you're still just one dude in this game, you don't have a party. In the original game, you always fought against one monster also, and here it could be a whole party of monsters, so you still to worry about things like AoE attacks and it kind of complicates things as that dimension to it. The other thing, too, is like they do more here to connect This game like gets part of a trilogy. It makes a lot of references to Dragon Quest three, which actually takes aways before this, and it clearly leads up to Dragon Quest two, which is, you know, part of the same package. So seeing them, okay, I kind of like trilogilize is that a word? They trilogialize things more.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of that.
Speaker 2: People watching those playthroughs and being like wow, this, yeah, this looks even older than I thought, right, because even looks kind of older than a Final Fantasy one because its a little bit before that. Yeah, when you like they're in the castle, I'm like, oh, that's the same layout of the gorgeous place I'm in. That's interesting seeing this stuff still translated relatively faithfully. Even though they added a lot of story stuff, they added some other kind of sequences and events. So I think it's a really fun way to do that remake where I'm so kind of curious to go back can play the original and see what's that that's like. But I'm also glad I got to experience it in the way I did. You. This is one still right you're talking about are you going right into two? You're gonna do some other stuff first? Probably not going right into two. I think I think I can use a little bit of an RPG break prop. Plus, Like Metroid is soon and I'm gonna be on vacation, so I'm definitely not gonna have time to play through another RPG. And I hate like stopping midway through a game. And I know that once Metroit Prime four is out, like that's the game I'm gonna play. So I'm just gonna probably futs around with some other bs, maybe even just play Super Metroid again or Metrod Prime one. Get. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh, Mikey, I have a hankering to play through another j RPG before the year ends. Do you think I should try Dragon Quest one?
Speaker 6: I can I recommend one instead? Just like because it's one I'm curious to hear you guys talk about.
Speaker 2: I think it's chat. You can help me out here. It's like Waste of Dump.
Speaker 1: It's this king King of Dump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, King of Waste, King of Dump or something like that. We should suit him first of all.
Speaker 6: But that it's like basically an Earthbound inspired RPG where you play as a trash can man.
Speaker 1: Yes, several people have recommended this to me.
Speaker 2: Kingdom of the Dump, thank you? Yes? Have you been interested in Trusten the Sky at all?
Speaker 1: Jan? I have the the remake remaster and I played through maybe like two three hours, and I think maybe the dialogue kinda is a little much for me. It'sn't much, Yeah, And I don't know, like I normally have a very high tolerance, you know what, I should go check out Demon School folks are right, that has tiles and everything. But I do want to check out Kingdom of Dump. I hear that is also kind of adjacent to a chrono trigger.
Speaker 6: I tried to go see that on Steam and I opened my Steam and I still had the thigh crushing game that you sent me. Jams onto the bus the thigh bush.
Speaker 2: Kingdom of Dump is.
Speaker 5: Just cheap to crushing.
Speaker 1: You just watch GoldenEye, that's right, But this one's.
Speaker 5: Rhythm on the top. My goodness.
Speaker 1: Another game that I've lost a good chunk of time to. And this continues. The games I'm researching for Casino Week in twenty twenty six is Slots and Daggers. This is a roguelike slot machine game, very different than gosh but what was the was a buckshot roulette the other Yeah yeah, okay, yes, yep uh Slots and daggers.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: It is a roguelike slot machine game where you pick three of your tiles that will show up on the slot machine and they can be an offense weapon that does physical damage, one that does magic damage, something that heals you, gives you coins, or gives you an overshield type type of delio, and you go from encounter to encounter in a rapid ashen where you are just kind of like spinning to win. And some of the tiles will have a skill check, so the crossbow in it, the target will be moving around and as soon as it hits the center that's when you want to click to get critical damage and the most damage there will be like a gigantic berserker buster sword, where as soon as a meter reaches the very top, that's when you do the most damage. I wound up completing a full run of it within like the span of maybe like two three hours, and that comes from getting leveling up because from each run there is a greater currency of chips that you can use to unlock boon like power ups that persist from run to run, so you'll have one that is kind of like will revive you if your HP reaches zero, and another one that will give you certain will give you damage reduction from physical attacks or magical attacks. It's a it's a very fast paced game, and I think a better one of the ones that have attempted to incorporate a slot machine mechanic, because later on you start with three slots or whatever, and then you can buy upgrades to open it up to like a full five of a slot machine stuff.
Speaker 6: In that situation, do you still just need to make a line of three three or four three or four okay, yeah, in like right next to each other. It's only like one lane, so it's not like a full slot machine where you have like three different lanes of like top mid bottom.
Speaker 1: It's just the singular one. It's a very rapid pacede game, and I think if you set this game to the fastest speed possible and turn your brain off, you can just kind of like rinse through it. Some of the encounters get a little bit more challenging because they will do you'll be setting up a build where you have so much shield, but the shield only negateshysical damage, and then you come across someone that is doing nothing but magic, so you kind of just wind up getting rinsed. I had a very broken build at the very end of the run that I completed, where I would do physical and magical damage with a hammer, but because I'd be maxing out so much, I would wind up bonking them on the head, so the enemy would be stunned so they wouldn't be able to do anything, and then my life reagin also was maximized in such a way where even if I did get hurt, I'd recover everything the next turn. Slots and daggers. Really fun, quick small game.
Speaker 6: Can I recommend one more game for you to try out jan In maybe that might be similar to these.
Speaker 2: It's called side effects. Have you seen this effect? So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like is that the weird pill game?
Speaker 6: Yes, It's like a bunch of guys who are look like they might be locked in a hospital and they are playing a pill roulette game where they're like wagering their pills their medications.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you guys think of me?
Speaker 2: It has four player PvP and I think maybe this looks like we just only flip a coin though, because it might not be interested otherwise. No, a, there's other there's other luck based things he'll be into. Yeah, Roulette's close.
Speaker 4: Don't mean too much into this recommendation.
Speaker 2: Janet's Oh yeah, I was completely random.
Speaker 4: This is This is just exactly what we think of you.
Speaker 1: Clover Pit is the game that I was thinking of originally. This lash right right, God, so many casino games. What's the next casino game you think we're gonna get like a hot Bingo one.
Speaker 4: I think the.
Speaker 1: Bring it back.
Speaker 3: This is Vegas by Midway looked incredible. Imagine Midway making an open world casino action venture game. That is there's many reasons I hate the death of Midway. This is maybe number one.
Speaker 2: Game in Farsar.
Speaker 6: Should do a new preview of that in April because there were so many previews of This is Vegas. I remember in magazines.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, man, that looks so cool.
Speaker 4: I want to say, uh this it feels bad. The gambling, sure, mostly for you, jan I think you know, like, uh I don't I think you you you you You always joke about it, but it's like we're trying to fix you. We're trying to fix your gaming, you know, Like, uh, is it stay broken? That is actually the city slogan of Las Vegas. Yes, stay broken?
Speaker 1: Brother. I feel like every friend, I'm trying to convince them to find an excuse to go to Vegas with me. Uh. Like I realized that F one was in Vegas this past weekend and I was I was talking to Nicky, like, why didn't you tell me we could have went? We could have gone to Vegas and watched F one and then other done other things in Vegas. Stay broken, That's right. I will continue to stay broken, Jeff Grub just.
Speaker 4: Like broken as you as you want to be. Before your your segue here, I wanted you to hear this first intervention. Majong Majong is becoming a big deal in my town. And all the ladies they're getting together, they're drinking their wine quarters times, and they're playing Majong.
Speaker 6: Do they have those Majong dealer tables that like automatically deal out the bricks and they like come out of the ground or whatever.
Speaker 4: You're describing what sounds like Ai, Jeff, I don't want to read any of this. This is the future.
Speaker 1: I almost bought of these tables.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: What's that? I almost bought one of these tables that like auto shuffles your tiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen them. They look cool. I think, uh no, they're gonna go lo fi with this, but uh I actually have a porcelain Majong set that my mother used to use, I guess in her forties and fifties and whatnot. We're gonna pass it down from one generation to the next. I don't know if they've got the current cards. I know you have to like subscribe to like the International Majong Council, and you get your like play cards. You find out like how the rules have evolved. You're you're fully aware of this gen Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an there's new kickoff rules this season.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, they added a pitch timer. I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's porcelain. It's porcelain Majong good I thought was supposed to be made from bones or something.
Speaker 4: I made up the word porcelain. It could be made up of anything at ivory.
Speaker 2: He is a criminal, yeah, I mean of us, would we die should we turned into masjong? This want please?
Speaker 4: I don't know the origin, but this ship, this set is super old, so it's entirely possible it's made from some sort of uh taboo bone. But yeah, they're they're bringing it back, and Jan, you are more than welcome to sit in on a couple gab fests. I'm sure I may or may not have.
Speaker 1: Accosted a friend asking her why she didn't invite me to Bingo night because I wanted to go to Bingo night. So now I may just go to Jersey to play majong with the lovely ladies of Jersey.
Speaker 4: Is that's gonna right pronunciation majong?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Okay, just different every time that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, we bring you out to Minnesota. Finally I'm taking you to a meat raffle.
Speaker 1: This is like I thought you guys wanted to help me. It feels like a healthy way to.
Speaker 3: Get it if you're taking home a metric ton of bacon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there may have been a time at my underground Majong games where.
Speaker 4: That's that, honestly, of all the poses to get frozen topier.
Speaker 1: Back.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're back.
Speaker 1: I may one one of the nights, maybe a little bit too much alcohol flowing through the systems that instead of playing we spent a solid hour practicing how to reveal a winning tile set and just slamming it on the ground and just doing it with the most flair.
Speaker 3: So Jan, I want to play this with you because my only experience is was it I can't remember what game it was, or maybe it was just Windows that had the fucking majong thing where it was like, yeah, it was stacked up and you just got to pick the one on the edges that match. And my understanding is I think thanks to Yakuza or shinmu is you sit down to play actual majan and it's like, oh, this is not what I was told.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like poker, okay, I would like to play it. Yeah, so if if you all know the basics of poker, you can pick up on majong very fast, or at least the kind that I play. I know that there are different rules and regulations depending on the style, but like, Yo, they got a tile that's like Dragon of the North, and that shit just sounds cool.
Speaker 4: Right east West Bam crack right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know he knows the things. He knows the things it's making me are you're making me feel some type of way, just like and Roger last week made me feel some type of way and Dan Rickert, you have since checked it out. I played it.
Speaker 3: I beat it like you. I don't want to say too much. I think you you said it well like he's kind of what it's about, and uh yeah, it's when this and consume me. I guess this was the year that it's like, oh man, I actually tried out some of these like kind of personal uh.
Speaker 2: Games for impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got impact that, yeah, yeah, I got that.
Speaker 3: Cracking cancer, yes, yes, absolutely, but yeah I never had a child with cancer, but I have had an elderly relative with dementia, so I was able to relate to this, and uh yeah, it's it was very effective and it it got across what it was trying to get across in a way that only a video game could because in what it's trying to convey about memory and you know, dementia and things like that, it's like the gamification, for lack of a better word, was necessary for the way they were telling this story.
Speaker 1: So yes, very very effective.
Speaker 3: Like you said, Jane, it was like less than an hour or maybe closer to forty five minutes. Jane, you made Bunk cry. I'm never gonna forgive Ah, damn fuck you, Jan h God, damn.
Speaker 2: It, damn it.
Speaker 1: I'm on the ship control. I've been Mikey.
Speaker 2: I know I'm gonna hurt you.
Speaker 1: Jan. Nothing can I've already done it. Yeah again Dan, I'm happy that you checked it out, And if folks out there are curious, I still highly suggest it. It is like less than an hour complete content. Warning though, if you are a father, if you have a family member that suffers from dementia Alzheimer's, tread very very lightly because it will quickly pull on all of those heartstrings incredibly fast, just like Mike Manati tried to pull a tablecloth from underneath someone's table set at dinner one time.
Speaker 2: It almost worked, except for all this stuff falling. Man, Man, you do something about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Mikey. You've also been playing Metroid Prime two echoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am deeply ashamed for as much I like Metrod it ever actually beat Metro Prime two or three. And I kept just waiting for them to release these games on the switch like they did with the Prime one. Like I get, I did give up hope until basically this buff like, well, they aren't doing that huh. So finally just decided to play Bettroy Prime two, at least on my own. It's becoming clear I'm not gonna have time to do three as well, unfortunately. But my Schoy Prime two has been very fun time. It's wild because I like Betroy Prime one so much and it's like, well, look they made another one thing they did.
Speaker 5: Out of the bunch of stuff to it.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, they're not quite as fun of an experience.
Speaker 2: That's it's not quite as fun and like the big thing and this was the conversation the time is, oh, they added like lead to the Pastyle light World dark World, which is a good idea that the problem is they made the dark world push back quite a bit and that you're always sort of taking taking damage unless you're in these bubbles. And in my mind was like, oh, so like eventually I'm gonna get the armor where I don't take much damage this I got armor at one point and it was like, now you take less damage in there. I'm like, oh, so it's still kind of like you know, you see the poort of the dark World. Instead of being like, wow, I'm gonna go in the dark world, it's like a shit I'm gonna do some stuff in the dark world, and like only now some fifteen hours in that I get the shield and it's basically I'm at the key hunt. Now I'm at the end of the game. And now it's like, hey, now you have the light shield and you don't have to worry about the ticking damage even though at this point compared with all my energy canisters, and you're fine.
Speaker 6: You're right though, though you still the whole idea of Metroid is eventually you just become you overpower everything, and that means you don't have to think about it again. And even just having to think about it feels a little bit right. It's Unmetro, right, it's like both like nothing but it's not some huge deal. But you know, even like the light world dark world stuff, it doesn't feel quite as lead to the pasty good, like, oh, the thing I did here impacts what happens in the other one.
Speaker 2: There's a bit of that. Mostly it's just kind of like there's two maps that are similar but different, and you kind of bounce back and forth between them. Now, like the map itself, like the areas are really cool, Like the third main one I was at is kind of like this sky temple thing, and it was a lot more sort of like space like space station y looking and very kind of like sci fi electronic, Like you know, Metric probably want to think about the organic stuff, right, and that's what looks cool, and here's like, oh, this is a different vibe, and I'm definitely into That's like, the game still just looks amazing. The areas are super cool, and the music is fantastic. It might even be a better soundtrack than Metro Prime one. There's a tons of amazing tracks, so it's like it's most it's mostly still that game, but it is interesting. It's like ninety five percent of the way there, and that last five percent is the difference between a very good video game and a video game that a lot of people are gonna be like, that's the best game ever.
Speaker 1: Man, ask why. Uh it's taken a while for you to to kind of circle back to the rest of the Metroid Prime series.
Speaker 2: It is a bit of that where it's like they just they are quite as good as Prime one. A lot of times it's like, yeah, even though I haven't beaten two or three, I'll be like, I'm gonna play Prime one again, actually, so.
Speaker 3: Prime one is damn near perfect outside of some backtracking near the end and everything.
Speaker 5: But even then, just going to I don't.
Speaker 2: Mind that because it's like, you have all the upgrades, that grades, you're the master of the world.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 2: I was actually somewhat surprised that this game does the same thing with the key hunts, because I was worried they would have taken that criticism and be like, oh, we shouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that it's the end of the game. Now go explore that entire world you've opened up with all your upgrades and find these keys. And as you do that, you're gonna find energy cancers, you're gonna find missile upgrades and all this other stuff. I think it's actually kind of a neat part of the equation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll ask you a question, a fellow Metroid fancier. I've been thinking a lot about Metroid lately, and I want to find some common ground here because we've had our fights about Mario and what's mainline? No, what do you let me just throw this out. I've never vocalized this in my life, and I just want to see if this is okay. Oh boy, mainline Metroid let me name this and you tell me if we're all in agreement here, I think we might be able to be. There's a lot of side you know, side off, you know, ball and hunters and stuff. Okay, Metroid one, and I'm also gonna do a Slash zero mission on that. Okay, okay two, Slash returns the game boy win, I will say returns.
Speaker 2: Okay, Slash returns.
Speaker 5: I guess Slash returns.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's a remake Super yeah, Fusion, Yeah, Dread Yeah, Prime one, two, three four.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I know people you don't like it. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's just a weird other thing. It's another not it's.
Speaker 2: Not you when you beat Metroid Dread and it gives you, like the back the pictures from other games, one of the ones you get is for other Really, I got I think I'm on your side there, Like guys, it's about Sorry, it's Maine.
Speaker 3: Is not mainline. No, that was a weird side thing. We're gonna give it a team ningen see what the theay do with it? Okay, we're gonna give it.
Speaker 2: We're good. Let's get some developer worked on it. You think like mister, Nintendo made Metroid Dread.
Speaker 3: No, it was what's called wait, but also the chan here's this Dread isn't mainline?
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you talking?
Speaker 2: I was dread? Absolutely? Is this literally Metroid five at the beginning?
Speaker 1: Not mainline?
Speaker 2: Hunter's his mainline? Also, no, why not.
Speaker 6: Because it's not a Metroid venue, right, yeah, Metroid vee, but it isn't. Don't you just go in there and like into arenas and shoot, No, it's more than that. It's it's more than that.
Speaker 2: I can't remember just why I played so much multiplayer.
Speaker 3: The multiplayer d one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the ones.
Speaker 2: I yeah, yeah, but they had a whole single player campaign thing I mean was it? Was it a Metroid venue style campaign? It was? It had elements that wasn't as Metroid looking, Okay, I think frankly, like to me, the only ones that aren't mainline are Federation for Pinball.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I stopped with besmarching the pinball.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic saying it's bad.
Speaker 5: It's just saying it's not mainline.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and that's like the more respectable opinion for sure. So I was cannon but not Mainline. I don't understand why other reps on Mainline except that people don't like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a big part of it. I'm sorry that that's affecting it. But also it's just it feels so different than the rest. I'm in between on it. I think I would lean towards it not being canon, but or Mainline should say obviously it's obviously Cannon but whatever.
Speaker 2: Came out, right, yeah, there you go. It's better way.
Speaker 6: As soon as Metroprime two came out, I beat it then. And then Metric Prime three was a weird one where it's like I was just playing the Wei so much less at that time and hearing it's like, oh, and they got a bunch of these Federation goons here who are going to be talking you up, and I just was not in the mood for it in that moment. And then the time passed and it's like, oh, I should go back to that, do I want to get the we out? And now it's like, I don't know. I should have played it when it was available on Prime Hacks like right away. But then I did the same same.
Speaker 2: Thing Mike did, where I'm like, I'll just wait until it comes out on switch, and here we are it's still not on switch.
Speaker 3: I remember it being I haven't played it since what two thousand and eight or whatever, but I remember liking it. I didn't love the motion gimmicks, but it's a good metric game. Okay, Prime two not my favorite.
Speaker 1: Speaking about Prime two and Metroid Prime in general, two of these hooligans went to a physical uh store to check out the store demo of Metroid Prime four. Beyond our game.
Speaker 2: I'm a fancy I'm a fancy bitch. Yeah, I went to I went to Walmart because I'm a man of the people side of the earth.
Speaker 4: So what is the demo?
Speaker 2: It's beginning of the game. Beginning of the game.
Speaker 4: So it's like what I played in New York.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, go ahead to describe what we did. And Mike sweaging because he played he could tell us, well, I liked how fast it was.
Speaker 2: There's like a little bit of dialogue, was like, oh, there's a war, and then immediately landed on a planet and it was almost it was like a little bit haloly, like, oh, these two sides are already fighting and I'm kind of joining the fight. And there was like a bit of people be like, wow, Samus is here, and it was yeah, a pretty combat heavy section, but also it is clearly like the cinematic opening and it was very exciting. And oh my god, this is like the first time since like the GameCube era, and I'm like, wow, one of the best looking console games out there is actually a Nintendo game. I can't believe how stunning this thing looks. It's a switch to version. It's the art and the tech this time. It's like the really good. It runs so smooth, it looks just the best looking game on the console, right, Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it's the best looking tone game we've ever seen. It's just I mean, you know, in terms of like the graphical fidelity, there's other games that like use the art to make up the designs. Yeah, just like it's funny because I am playing so much Metroid Prime to just some of the differences, like oh, going in and out the morphball is really snappy in this one, even compared to the original games, Like you don't even really it's yeah, but you don't even lose as much as your momentum. You kind of like keep walking as you're coming in and out of it, like even you know, you still lock on, but they're the boss is like the big boss you fight at the end. He has these weak points you have to sort of move your radical within the lock on stick, kind of like the We game. Yeah, Metroy Prime three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was just a really slick demo.
Speaker 6: You fight up until like that kind of big mech like mini boss and gets Metroy.
Speaker 2: Did there's metroids in this metro game apparently, Yeah, they just show up. Yeah. I was actually surprised to see that so early in the demo. But yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Sounds like the demo jan that we saw in New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think you go through the battle and then there's that boss fighter.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I was assuming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had the setup where you could do the mouse mode thing. I don't know if you guys know, I was just using a prop and okay, but but there's the boss where there's specific spots you need to hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of force that islex guy showed up and there like and that's like something. There's a whole beam thing. But it was weird to like be excited for a store demo again. It felt very two thousand and three. Yeah, not done that in a long time. I used to love going to kiosks at stores and playing games before they were out. Not done that in a minute.
Speaker 1: Did you get anything else while y'all were at the store or did you just got.
Speaker 2: Batteries to or place in my my smoke detectors? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a.
Speaker 2: New shirt for the reunion. Actually they want to look at a shlub. Yeah. And then I had to get some Christmas lights because of course all my ones from last year aren't working, the outdoor ones, and they like barely had any, but they had enough so and I didn't put them up yesterday. And now of course it's raining today. God damn it. What a day.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what a day for vikeys. Going from what y'all are saying is a very maybe arguably the prettiest game on the switch to another visually over stimulating game. Jeff Grubb, you've been playing Sector?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, this is.
Speaker 6: The geometry Wars like Rogue Light game that is fantastic.
Speaker 2: It's really well done.
Speaker 6: It's made by former House Smart people and so like what are something that they did like Start Us, Superstartists HD and a bunch of other of those PlayStation Arcadie style games, and that lineage is obvious here because they fully understand what makes one of these shooters really good. They understand what makes Geometry Wars good in terms of like the different kinds of enemies you face and them having different behaviors and how those how you get like maybe three types of enemies on the screen at the same time, and one of them is just moving around randomly, another one will go right at you, another one will be repelled by your bullets or whatever, so you have to like constantly be adjusting and moving around. And then it has like boss fights, so it goes from like Geometry Wars into something that feels a little bit more like a bullet hell game. And no matter what, in either sort of mode, it it feels fantastic to just like get in the groove and lose yourself in the game and begin just moving your guy around so you can avoid all the damage and doing your best to collect the little giblets you get from blowing up an enemy so you can upgrade your character and take on even bigger bosses. I'm super into it's got really It's obviously it obviously has super like depth to it in terms of the strategy. You kind of learn something new each round that you try to apply the next go around. And that isn't just about like, oh, when the game sets you up in the tutorial, it tells you the basics, and then there's other things like how does this upgrade system work? Or what happens when I get all the letters for this word on the bottom right of the screen. Doesn't tell you that stuff. So, yeah, you're learning those basic fundamentals of how the game works, but you're also just again learning those enemy behaviors and learning ways to keep yourself safe and kind of recognizing the patterns of how the world changes. That's one of the things that does different than Geometry Wars, at least I think I don't remember Geometry Wars doing this where the app will be like a diamond to start, and then all of a sudden it'll be like, okay, we're going to open up, and it pops open, and then another part of it will turn red and in a few seconds that part of the map will go away, and if you're in that part of the map, you just instantly die.
Speaker 2: So you're like, okay, I got to get out of there.
Speaker 6: Or if there's a pickup over there, it's going to now be shot to the other side of the map, and you begin learning all these things and beginning to recognize all the indicators the game gives you of like oh, there is a power up over here. There's a little bomb on the ground over there, so go kind of swoop around, go get that, get your upgrade, come back over here, and while you're doing that, try to kite the enemies so they begin to kind of curl around you, so then you can swoop back around into the bomb and hit the bulk of the enemies with the like right where the bomb is exploding, so you can get the most damage all at once. And I'm just I keep playing it over and over. Runs great on the Steam deck. It looks fantastic when you play it on a real PC with a big monitor as well, And it's one of those ones I think I'll probably probably be playing daily through the end of the year.
Speaker 3: Lub is the is the draw to keep playing, Like for me, Giontry Warris is very much one of those like, okay, score everyone has this game. Everyone's on the leader board, Like are you just doing like a marathon mode type thing and trying to get a high score or is that the deal?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right now, I'm trying to like get through the game because there's like, uh, there's levels. It seems like although each time you go in there, I'm there seems like a random possibly like a random draw of bosses you face the first time around, So it's not like, oh, here's a set boss that you're going to excuse me going through, like in a typical Rogue Light. But I want to like progress past all that stuff and kind of see what's the next boss and like how do things get complicated more complicated from there? So I'm still playing it a little bit like a Rogue Light. There is a story mechanic. I've not seen the leaderboards yet, although I think there probably will be one if you actually complete the run, and I will be interested to see, like, oh, I completely like missed this whole concept that someone else was doing that enabled them to get like four times my score or something like that, and I'll be I'll be interested to see at that point if I'm like, Okay, a run is let's say forty men, it's can I justify doing that over and over again to kind of do that score competition, which is something that I really love.
Speaker 2: That's why I play Geometry Wars. It's as well, we'll see just from watching you played, I wonder if you feel this at all. Do you feel like our old men eyes having a little bit more trouble of these kind of games keeping track of it and seeing everything.
Speaker 1: Not me, baby, I think it takes.
Speaker 6: It took me a little bit more time to like get my sea legs for this kind of game than it would have in the past.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean again, once I understood everything, it's like, now I know what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: But I think in the past though, it would like would have groped that a little bit quicker, a little bit faster.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's overwhelming, but in a really good way. So it's like, yeah, I kind of want to be overwhelmed visually by a game like this.
Speaker 1: For the font pervs out there, this is I may I maybe think type faces of the week in terms of games, some of.
Speaker 2: The Jacob Geller's number five in the world, Sorry jam Jesus.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, there, I got home and to go after I should get in there.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. I like the as you transition stages or as like the boss is about to come up. The warning signs that flash underneath the battlefield grab. I think that's really a nice touch.
Speaker 2: I mean that's how smart house style really and you know they're out out of there now it's a different company, but they still bring a lot of that that finish arcade style to it, and it just looks phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I think I'd be so fine with title cards popping up in my real life demark or denote like important things of like all right, podcast and other other things like I just want yeah, poop, I just want things in my my real life. Mike Minatti, last night on Mega Man, you checked out Kingdom Come Deliverance too, and I need to know if this is something I should check out before the end of the year. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, Where do you fall on the red Dead redemption to debate? I'm with these hooligans, man, I'm the.
Speaker 4: Only one here likes Red Dead Redemption to no, I really really like it too.
Speaker 2: It came around on it a little bit.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't hate it, but the stuff that I didn't like, I know where you're going with this, Mike.
Speaker 5: With a Kingdom Come Deliverance thing.
Speaker 3: The reason I will never try this game is I've heard, Hey, you know all the stuff you hated that Red Dead Redemption too. It's like that but ten times worse and Kingdom Come Deliverance.
Speaker 2: So general, I guess, I don't know if it's worse, but it's definitely. It's a slow intro that's very story and character heavy, but I really enjoyed it, like they do a good job with the characters. I'm kind of stunned how pretty the game in the world is too. I guess I kept thinking like, oh, people are making a realistic kind of medieval time fourteen hundreds game. It's gonna be so kind of drab and gray, and I'm like, oh, these fields are pretty. There's lots of colorful flowers and grass and just just in general very good looking game. Like the character their faces and the facial animations really well done. So yeah, so think about it being visually interesting. Kept my attention. Again, I'm already even though this is a direct sequel to that last game that I did not play. Yeah, I'm getting invested. I mean, it's there's part of me that wished I did because it is telling me what happened in the game, and I'm getting an idea for but part of me like, which is I was there and maybe really saw all that stuff, you know, like the idea of like, hey, this is like an outer Scrolls game that's maybe less like RPG and more story focused. I see why people are into that. And you know, there's elements where I had to make a potion early on and I was like, did you do the apothecary st I was like, oh, so I'm going to like, you know, go on my menu and like click a couple of buttons. Like no, I went to like a hut and like had to like lower the pod onto the fire and below the fire and grind the sage into the thing. I'm like, oh, some people aren't gonna like this. I think it's kind of neat, though I think it's it is immersive, It is interesting. I've crafted things in the menus a million times. I liked that I had to this. One of the things you can crack is a safe potion. This game has ache ribbons and like it'll it'll save for you when you quit the game always, and it'll save when you ever go to sleep or there's certain story beats. But you can't really save scum unless you have these potions, I'm like, oh, that's kind of interesting. So it's all these things, and I know that there's a part where the game really does open up and you can get off the main story path if you want to. I wasn't there, and I don't even know if I'm close to that, but just doing this main story stuff, I was enjoying myself. Did you start?
Speaker 6: Did you get to the point where it's like Henry was like working and like kind of trying to get a job in a Newish town to him and there's a big wedding happening that he's he's trying to like.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I think I think after that because that's.
Speaker 6: Where that's where I'm at, that's where I stop playing it. It's like I kind of am interested because there's like this that concept of like you need to get into this wedding, and now it's like I think you have a bunch of choices about how you accomplish that, and it's like this big kind of royal wedding essentially very concept.
Speaker 2: Because like yeah, because the guy got ship thrown on him and we're like we ship at least like shit and think and no one takes it seriously, we need money. So that's where I am.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so you were you were going right to that then, okay, you're basically round the press.
Speaker 5: Something I thought was interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh, It's just I was watching Bank play some of this, and it's like she did the main story up to a point and then she got to like the potion crafting stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it was.
Speaker 2: The story I heard that made me want to play it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so in depth, like all the potion stuff that she basically at that point stopped playing it as like a single player story based game, and just it was a potion crafting simulator, like she ran a potion store, and so every time I walked by the screen, she's just like mixing potions, she's putting stuff for sale, and she's turning it into like a shop simulator in the midst of this, you know, larger adventure single player game.
Speaker 1: That was cool that you can even do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah's cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the kind of thing where it's like that doesn't sound too much like Dead Redemption two to me. This is the kind of thing where it's like you can pick a system and get lost in it and the game will accommodate you a little bit, so I might I might go back and just play a little bit more and see, like if it clicks a little bit more for me. Because I did, it did not unclick. It was not something that repelled me. I was into most of what it was doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I think I want to go back there. I think I want to actually keep playing for a bit. I mean, you know, it definitely isn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. I'm a bit a little bit surprised by it, and it really does just kind of have quality, you know, right there with Desher two. If you don't like it, it's like, oh, it's a lot of quality here. Maybe it's in a way that's maybe like the Jigsaw puzzles and put in the way that you care for, but the this is well crafted.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you, mister Minatti. Last game we have here arguably is the most game and the most confusing thing out of everything I've played this year. We have a quick look up for it now on the website. I'm talking about Kirby Air Riders.
Speaker 8: What the fucking came back from nom It's just like my tolerance, my tolerance for just like Nintendo Horseshit is.
Speaker 3: It's not just tolerance, it's like embracing and loving. I love whacking Nintendo Horseshit or even just like games that are just bombarding you with stuff all the time.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: This was the one where I found the line I think and like the thing is as the more I play it, the more I'm kind of.
Speaker 5: Like, wait, am I starting to like this?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 3: It's goodly played much of the first one, So tell me, like how much it attracts.
Speaker 1: Well, calling it a slow burn isn't accurate because it's just like, I don't know, a raging wildfire that occasionally catches you, right, it's.
Speaker 2: A rage wildfire that will eventually like catch a city on fire. Yeah, Like it's a whole city trial on fire.
Speaker 1: Right. I haven't played the original one from the game cube, so I can't speak.
Speaker 6: To you that, So I mean, like, it's very similar in terms of mechanics to the first one. But then all the insane accoutremont that Sakari has added into his games, like through all the Smash Brothers games, all that stuff is basically here as well. You're constantly unlocking stuff, You're constantly earning some currency or some other thing, and they're jummies.
Speaker 3: Like there's a whole sumption for gummies at the point where like, what the fuck is just the mode where I look at gummies?
Speaker 1: You can swing them around with your sword.
Speaker 3: I know, you can suck them in, you can zoom in, you can just like I guess this is just the gummy mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's that's all there is to that one. I think, sure it.
Speaker 6: It is the kind of where it's like I think City Trials is so overwhelming visually that it feels more complicated than it is, and the fact that I think it might be extremely simple always confuses me.
Speaker 2: It's like there's so much going on. I must be missing something.
Speaker 6: It's like, no, I think you actually have a full grass upgrade your your machine and your character and go play a mini game.
Speaker 3: But then the minigames are like you're either gonna like eat a bunch of p andngs of like pasta.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, Elliott, that s thumbs up. We love that.
Speaker 3: Just race straight ahead and don't turn. It's like, I don't know, drag race.
Speaker 1: Are you just.
Speaker 3: Trying to get Is there any strategy to the upgrades you're getting?
Speaker 2: In city trial or idea everything.
Speaker 6: And get everything and then and then the game will be like recommend a a mini game that you're your build is probably best for.
Speaker 3: Is that you're just putting on the slot machine there right, Like it's not even like a you might get something totally different. You might there's a boss fights and weird races, and there's like a melee fighting mode, and it's like the amount of I thought this was a racing game and the amount of times it was just like, yeah, here's just like an arena boss fight or something.
Speaker 5: What the heck are we doing here? Like not in a bad way?
Speaker 3: Parentheses maybe positive question mark confused. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I enjoyed the road trip mode mostly because it's like hearing Jane, you played through it, you said it was like a three four hours maybe two two hours tops two?
Speaker 2: Okay, I must be getting right near the end of it. I'm like level three or whatever.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, Then, because I've played for at least like an hour and a half, I thought.
Speaker 1: Maybe are are you talking about the levels in terms of like the new biomes that pop up after you complete? Like I guess the map it goes to a yes, Oh.
Speaker 6: Okay, then all right, Well either way, I'm like enjoying it because it's like there's all these mini games that I probably would not like go select from a menu, but when they're served up as an option. In the road trip mode, which is just like Kirby goes forward on the road, there's three characters in front of.
Speaker 2: You on the road.
Speaker 6: You pick one that you want to run into, and that they will give you an option of, like this will be a race, or this will be the PNGU food eating game, or this will be the RC pro Am mode. There's that in this game as well, and it's okay, well I want to do RC pro Am and you go select that and it's a great Now I'm playing this mode that I probably would not have interacted with too much otherwise, and if it doesn't over state's, well welcome. I'm like, oh, this is a pretty good way to get in this game and try all the stuff that has to offer.
Speaker 3: Grub, I think this might be a telling thing about age here. Okay, so the RC pro Am mode, the top ride or whatever it's called, what is it?
Speaker 2: When we're yeah top race, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Grub, what control method did you pick?
Speaker 6: I chose so that left always turns my cart left. It's not direct control.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna test Jan who was revolted. And this is the it's the RC pro am difference. There isn't it the RC pro am difference.
Speaker 2: That's what you can only find that on giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 3: I guess to talk about RC pro am, I guess I'll figure myself now or something.
Speaker 2: Biker mice from Mars for Super Nintendo Super off Road.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh, I love Super often.
Speaker 2: That's a sign that you're gonna die. And if you.
Speaker 4: In a few years are like that, what I'm afraid.
Speaker 2: I don't make the rule.
Speaker 4: I just have good like arcade cabinet, three wheel kind of pizza hut you know stam the nit button.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad to tend obayed this game. I think it's fun. It is. It's ridiculous the fact that this game got a sequel. It's like, boy, anything could get a sequel, sure any moment.
Speaker 1: You just never know. If anything this game makes me raises more questions about Sacarai as a person, and I'm wondering has he what what kind of cars is he going into? How is he driving? And then what is his experience like going into Oh Okay, what is it like for him to just walk into a normal city, Like, what is he doing.
Speaker 2: Trials? It's a road trip, Like you should get him on our road trip, all.
Speaker 1: Right, because like every time I pop in the city Trials, every different instance is vastly different than the previous run I had done, because the game will just be something completely different of like now there's a chichartic chicken in here, that's a ropot, go attack it. Or there'll be one where there's a giant mothership or ufo floating around gets somewhere very high so you can jump on it. And other times I'll just be running around as Rick, just collecting a bunch of power ups, only to eat a bunch of p andngs later, and I think I'm having fun.
Speaker 3: I think I'm starting to. It's the sheer amount of stuff that you're knocking and doing and seeing.
Speaker 5: It's like impossible to get bored.
Speaker 3: But it also just throws me for loop because like I've played a lot of racing games, I've played a lot of arcade, yeah, cart racing games and stuff, and it just speaks a language that I don't know where it's like I finally started to like come to grips with the like, okay, there's not a gas button. I'm used to that now. This is how I drift around turns and stuff. And then like unlock a new car and it's like, hey, none of that shit happens with this car, Like what, yeah, what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, I love how like the second most recommended machine. Of course, they're not called carts here.
Speaker 2: The machines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the warp store is the one the default when you start with that teaches you all the mechanics. But the one that I've gravitated to is the washing machine looking one. I think the wagon stef one that doesn't boost, right, it doesn't boost, which is danger mechanics game, and the other some of the other machines will be like, hey, this will transform if you wiggle it, so be selective with how you like do the quick spin. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I'm still confused. I played a few hours of this game now, and it's like I don't know, like do I spin, do I suck? What do I like?
Speaker 2: What? Like?
Speaker 3: Like I know if I do the wiggle, it'll like knock people off, But then it's like there's things where it's like I'll just see a bunch of icons of fucking like there's six mushrooms above my head? Are those items I can use? And then there are ones that like a copy Is this a copy ability or is this just showing me a picture of a thing I killed? Like I don't really know what's happening, So.
Speaker 1: If it'll have like an icon over it, and folks, that's how it is to live in your thirties. But there's an icon that will show if it is a power up, but generally just hit everything, So I'm like constantly trying to quick spin into everything because it just gives.
Speaker 2: You that little yeah.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. It's like it's very obvious when like you have a special because you got the blinking bar you hit why and it does the big sword thing or whatever. But then there's stuff where it's like the copyabilities, where it's like, okay, so wait if I just pass, like, how am I getting copy abilities.
Speaker 1: From other racers or from the enemies from the normal.
Speaker 2: Because the game I get confused because the game's too simple again, because there's only one button. You're supposed to hit the same button that you used to break.
Speaker 6: And boost when you go up to an enemy, I think you hit that and that sucks them in, and then once you have them sucked in, you hit that same button again to use that power times.
Speaker 3: If I want to suck, I have to slow down, like, well you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Let just quick suck like.
Speaker 1: I think you gotta see it. Another hour long direct explaining the.
Speaker 5: Understand understand.
Speaker 2: One hundred and seven minutes of directs for this.
Speaker 1: Even I still don't know how to play it.
Speaker 2: I'm still lost on a lot of it.
Speaker 3: At any point, is there like, okay, Mario Kart, I have a red shell. It's floating above my head. Is that ever the case? Or it's like because some of them. I looked up all the icons. I looked at the Legendre's like this is the sword one, this is But each one of them have different rules. If you're breaking and you hold back on the analog stick, you'll shoot a ball or something, and soon when it's automatic fire whenever you pass something like, am I supposed to know any of this?
Speaker 2: Just keep playing it?
Speaker 1: I guess you just you just gotta enter in a flow state. Dan, just keep going. You just gotta you just gotta keep spinning and sucking. That's the Sacharai like m O.
Speaker 6: All this stuff is the reason that I think so many like young people like the original because it.
Speaker 2: Is like candy.
Speaker 6: It looks like candy, it kind of plays like candy, and then there's this insane language that it speaks that you can become the master.
Speaker 2: Of if you.
Speaker 6: And the kids love that shit. They love to be like, I understand this thing that when my parents walk in the room, they're like, what is even happening. I don't know the first thing about what is happening on the screen.
Speaker 2: LetterOne.
Speaker 6: How my kids were, They're interested in it, They're kind of they're still not sure about it.
Speaker 2: I think they're interesting.
Speaker 4: They started playing Fast Fusion that in the switch to Launch game like an F zero clone, so they're playing a.
Speaker 2: Lot of Fast Fusion. The kids can't get enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the more that I talk about this game with other people, I think the more that I like it.
Speaker 2: A budge, Yeah, I'm just like like the Lobby of Friends from there, you could do a race, so you can just play one of those mini games.
Speaker 3: Real original Kirby's.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was involved. Yeah, I think he's saying the entire time.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, like that's I've always struggled with just basic ass Kirby controls because every single thing you suck up has different like I always have to pause and look at them, like okay, BF does that, and like Smash Brothers had the same thing where it's like there's just so many contextual things with like a couple of different buttons that don't speak the language of other games in their genres, like old Kirby games don't speak normal platformer rules, Smash Brothers doesn't normal fighting rules, and air Riders doesn't speak racing rules.
Speaker 2: Like this guy just that they all but they all speak similar to each other. Y. Yeah, he's in his own language, he's.
Speaker 1: In his own lane, and I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little break the menu being so Smash Brothers down to the announcer and then like cracking up every time I picked them.
Speaker 1: Like, what's the.
Speaker 2: That's very similar to the first game? Was the first game's menus and all that Werek melee. It was exactly like the same style of Smash brother as Melee. So now this all looking like Smash Brothers Ultimate. Uh, it tracks, it's consistent. I'm only familiar with like the I guess the bigger Kirby characters, so like the deeper cuts that this game has. I'm like, you don't know about Rick. I know about Rick. It's just like goo and La La Gooey I didn't know about those are like proto Kirby because they were like from before Kurby.
Speaker 1: Right, that was like an early half game in Who's like the Dragon Ball Kirby knockoff, He's like Gooey, No Fighting Joe, Fighter Joe, knuckle Joe.
Speaker 2: It's just one of the endemisic and copy from to get the fighter ability. I think at first in Kirby's Superstar. I don't think fighter was in Kirby's Adventure. Yeah, we like knuckle Joe.
Speaker 1: Knuckle Joe looks like a fucking freak.
Speaker 2: I don't want to cross, I said, we like knuckle Joe.
Speaker 1: Y'all can like knuckle Joe. Like knuckle Joe.
Speaker 2: Where's my words? I believe I do.
Speaker 5: I really like all the p andgs of food.
Speaker 3: There's so many tropical rice.
Speaker 1: Here's some niggar, so many not just gobble that ship up. It's great.
Speaker 2: I like sixty of him. I don't give a ship.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, we gotta have like either a T and T or a UPF where we just go balls to the wall.
Speaker 3: I'll get back in there. I appreciating this game.
Speaker 1: But like I think, like I don't quite understand Sakarai. I've never gone into smash just because no, I'm not like a fighting game person. But maybe, oh how.
Speaker 2: I like this maybe a bit more right away because I speak his language more because I play some.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love his brain because why the funk would you make Kirby which doesn't really quite make sense when you think about it, and then a penguin with a gigantic hammer, and then you have La booboo and La La like Dan mentioned, but also, hey, here's just a fucking hamster. Yea Rick shout out.
Speaker 6: To Rick shut like the fish too, Yeah, there's a fish from Kirby's dreamland too as well.
Speaker 2: I think, I think the fish and Rick. And then there was a third animals an octopus or is that two? That was three outs?
Speaker 1: And then there's like a weird like I think it's a Japanese but he excuse me, he she beat it up. It's like a green duck with a bald spot. I don't remember sometimes you.
Speaker 2: Just try your yuck.
Speaker 3: You'll just turn into UFO and have no idea why. It's like I got my phone.
Speaker 2: It's like the bullet bill ability, I think from Mario Kart. How do I get that?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that happened?
Speaker 6: Is it like the part time UFO character? Because how laboratory made that? I wonder if he's I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was a copyability and some in the kids, right, that's right, Yeah, you're right, bunch.
Speaker 1: I also love how seriously the story mode, the road trip mode takes itself.
Speaker 2: Opening.
Speaker 3: That's the thing too, is like whenever you put up like Smash Ultimate or whatever, and there's this huge anime ass cut scenes like wait, he's taking this seriously right, It's like, wait, no, I think the whole development funny.
Speaker 1: It's somebunny day.
Speaker 2: When you were watching me and k to play the game without a Smashburgs Ultimate without items.
Speaker 3: I had never watched someone like I've never pressed the block button in my life.
Speaker 1: And Smash Brothers.
Speaker 3: I've played thousands of hours probably Smash Brothers. I've never played with items off. I've never seen anyone play with items off, and I've never seen anyone use the block button, and you guys played it like it was a completely different game.
Speaker 1: It blew my mind. What kind of fun It's very love it, love it, Love it all right, folks, That about does it for video games. We're going to take a quick bricky break and we will be back with the news in the meantime. Go if you're feeling a little famished, just go look at some food PNG's we'll see on the other side of this break. Print them out and need them, Print them out and eat them.
Speaker 6: Jan you taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to. I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price. Stop.
Speaker 2: You don't have to live this way because now there's Deko Deals, the double D. That's right.
Speaker 6: Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 1: I don't want no bunk, out of date coupon code grub.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like that.
Speaker 6: Deco Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals, updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for Steam code.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven complete collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco deals right now.
Speaker 6: I also use Deco Deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 6: And if listeners go to decou deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 1: Learn more at Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb. This is Jeff, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Paudy.
Speaker 6: Everybody, I have news for you. Let's get into it. An entire PS five now costs less than sixty four gigabytes of d d R five memory, even after a discount. The rise of AI is causing a massive surgeon prices for PC components like d d R five RAM due to increased demand for memory and storage. We've talked about this a bunch on various shows, but the price keeps going up and the expectation is it will be even more expensive next year. This is worth bringing up because hey, the PS five uses DDR five memory, as does the Xbox series X and switch to that's the memory that is like for the main system memory.
Speaker 2: GPUs would use even.
Speaker 6: Faster memory, which is also affected by this. Frankly, this caused a lot of speculation recently and some you know, maybe you know if you're reporting on like oh, Xbox doesn't have a lot of memory in stock, like on their shelves ready to be used for their production, while PlayStation is a few months supply, so the Xbox could go up in price again very soon, you know. Jess Cordon over at Windows Central reported that they say they're good for now, they didn't provide a timeline. I'm probably thinking that either way, both these companies probably don't have enough stock to get them through next year, so they're probably going to be hit by these prices and whether or not they eat those costs, Man memory got.
Speaker 2: Real fat, real expensive, real ratings. This is like doubling in price, and in a lot of cases it's even more than that. We're expecting it could double again by the end of twenty twenty six. So the you know, the reasoning for this continues to be ai just like all the world's ales are because of AI. Right now, it seems like and that's not going to go away. Even if the bubble burst like that, demand's probably still going to be there for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh man, a friend to the site ed Zitron, had an interview with the Choppo Boys about AI, and I just got it is like two hours of the of the most sort of like foreheads slapping white knuckling nails on a chalkboard, analysis of our current uh you know, psychotic infatuation with this.
Speaker 2: Man didn't listen to that, did they, Like, was there anything that really stuck after you?
Speaker 6: There's some things I learned like in the last week that's like, oh, this is why it's definitely a bubble, but well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe well, I mean it's a you know, I think the bubble part, uh, I think is very sort of like surface level at this point, right, I think, Uh, the thing that he was talking a lot about is just the psychotic pace in which these data centers are being constructed, the environmental uh you know, implications of it, the community implications of it, and just how there seems to be like so many checks being written that will never be able to be cashed in a way. That is certainly troubling. You know, I don't know, We've been saying this for like over a year now, and now I feel like the the well, this won't be bailed out. The headlines are starting to come out and it's just.
Speaker 6: Like yes, I said that, and the government was already like, well, we just can't let this collapse, though, so what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Break?
Speaker 4: It's a good Listen, it's pretty long, but you know, Ed's real good at uh, you know, watering it down and kind of you know, communicating and yeah, it's it's nuts, man, Believe.
Speaker 6: The thing that really hit me was so these companies have to report like things to investors, like the the investments they make in their technology and how that's depreciating over time, Like what like what value are you still getting from a GPU that you bought from Nvidio like three or four years ago. And one of the things that they're doing is like, no, we're still using those and like we're going to depreciate them at like a normal rate, as if it's like a forklift that will last for twenty years, when in reality, those GPUs that cost six thousand dollars a couple of years ago, you can now get on eBay for like one hundred dollars because Nvidia is just putting out new ones that are so much more efficient and so much faster, and they've increased the cadence at which they're releasing those things. So the effectively, if all of that is true, these companies that are saying, hey, these things are depreciating at a normal rate are lying to investors at a really in a really kind of negative way where it's like, oh, their heads should roll at the end of this because this is now fraud. But all the companies are doing it across the board.
Speaker 4: So he was yeah, he wasn't talking. Yeah, he talked a little bit about depreciation for sure, but also talked about how like all of these like highly specialized GPUs that are just like, once they aren't being used for what they're being used for, they just become almost worthless, right, And it's like yes, and then it's like a year or two, yeah, and then it's like then what then you have all this silicon, all this stuff that is just like waste, like I the the just you know, completely unadulterated, unregulated, wild rush to build and construct with with no regard for humanity or or human life or any of like funk all the consequences. It's just so shortsighted and wildly frustrating in a way where it's like, no, we we will never have nice things going this way, like it's just anything. Yeah, it's just rinse and repeat and who the fuck cares? And it's the next generation's problem. What do I give a ship about it?
Speaker 2: I think I saw nik what somebody's making the the Ai grill, the brisk it Ai is going to cook our meat.
Speaker 4: Your joke has been replaced.
Speaker 2: Now I feel like a joke. You're obsolete.
Speaker 3: We were all jumping about you know, our fridges don't need Bluetooth, and how quaint we had it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah that was probably the stupid fucking Internet of Things. That bullshit. Oh god, I go for it now.
Speaker 1: I was at to dinner with friends last night and the topic came up of Hey, remember War of the Worlds came out this year.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget the only good thing that happened this year.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait for the Chris Pratt version of that.
Speaker 6: Amazon's got another one where Chris Pratt's just sitting in front of a screen for the whole movie.
Speaker 3: They're making another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tier for it. I saw the trail. It's not related to War of the Worlds.
Speaker 6: It's just the exact same style of movie where he's like, there's a lady on the other side of a phone call and he's sitting in a room.
Speaker 2: He's kind of being like portrait or trial. That's right, Yeah, prove his innocence. He's like a bat. If someone puts you on a computer, is like, use the internet to prove your innocence for this murder or will kill you in an hour.
Speaker 3: I think the internet would prove my guilt and a lot of things.
Speaker 2: So we got this, Dan, You just sit back. Yeah. Oh he's dead now, all right?
Speaker 6: Next up, Vampire Crawlers, a first person deck building Vampire Survivors spinoff, is coming next year. This is one of the things announced that that Xbox Partner preview that happened last week. Ponkel has announced the Vampire Crawlers, a first person card game and spinoff of Vampire Survivors, set for release in twenty twenty six on a bunch of the platforms. It'll be day one, available on game Pass. They basically said, we want to take the idea of the core pillars of Vampire Survivors. They would describe those as accessibility, immediacy, affordability, and replayability and apply those to other pre existing genres. In this case, excuse me. In this case, it's a dungeon crawler but with card modifiers and then a bunch of other stuff. It looks pretty cool.
Speaker 3: A trailer that sounds very good.
Speaker 2: That's how we get Dan into the dungeon crawling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dungeon crawling, like Diablo is a dungeon crawler, right, It's a little bit different than that. The dungeon crawlers Wizardry wizards.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe I'm not an crawling.
Speaker 2: I think Jessica Cogswell over a game Spot did a preview. She got it. I think she got to play it and seemed like she.
Speaker 1: Liked it to look at this a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, this got a fantastic look.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I will definitely play this.
Speaker 2: Other things announced as part of that a partner preview included EM and M will hire Agent forty seven to kill Slim Shady in Hitman's next Elusive Target mission, but.
Speaker 3: Sold concept of his last album that came out like six months ago or something.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he.
Speaker 7: Knows slim Shady though, right, you see, slim Shady's the Kfe brother you see, well there's three He's got three kfee in real life exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm confused by what's the difference between, Like, I know slim Shady is the like wacky pop single version of him, but then what's the different Marshall Mathers is this name? Then who's Eminem?
Speaker 2: That's just this mc handle right, that's.
Speaker 3: Okay, so normal mc eminem, but then wacky real slim Shady and.
Speaker 2: The dad is Marshall Mathers or the dad.
Speaker 5: Who wants to kill his ex wife?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's seventh.
Speaker 2: Just a hitman for hire, like you know, for the government.
Speaker 3: I thought he was on the up and up.
Speaker 1: You got enough money, like you can hire.
Speaker 6: Any No, the government does not employ any hitmen. No, there are no, that's not an official job in the military. He's been a contract killer.
Speaker 2: Like okay, but like like, hey, I need you to kill this nun like is he just gonna do it? Are you calling?
Speaker 3: None?
Speaker 2: No, Dan, that's a separate conversation thread.
Speaker 6: It just seems like a funny sentence to say, I mean I think he's I think they probably justify it by saying he's probably got a code like no women and children, that sort of thing, Omar from the Wire, but he definitely has killed. Yeah, like Omar from the Wire exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and the vegans I played, all the people I killed seem to be bad, right and right, but.
Speaker 6: It is, uh the but he was like a hired contract killer. That's part of this organization that is essentially like a shadow CIA, So you're not too far off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but like thing we try to kill Castro with like exploding cigars and ship, like don't we.
Speaker 1: Do we do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have assassins.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you wouldn't call him hitman because that's what's the difference. A freelancer. A hitman is a freelancer who's kind of like hired a contract killer. Yeah so illegal, yeah right, but if the yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, either way.
Speaker 2: I think this elusive target is popping off soon. Let's see here.
Speaker 6: A paid cosmetic pack, the Eminem versus Slim Shady Pack, will also be released the same day for five dollars.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't want Eminem to release a disc track on me, but maybe I do. Maybe why like no to him?
Speaker 6: No, these are weird partnerships. Yes, you're right, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to tell you.
Speaker 2: So why is it?
Speaker 3: This is weird timing? If it was like a week before the album came out or something, that's why. Sure it was the whole concept knows?
Speaker 4: Who knows how these things come together? Yeah, making games is probably.
Speaker 2: Just hard and so a little bit longer than they were thinking.
Speaker 1: Eat hot wings with the bald guy instead. You don't have to make a video game thing.
Speaker 4: Has he not done that yet?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, they have.
Speaker 2: Some people who just like I couldn't do it. There's gotta be some celibrities like I can't eat spicy food. That's not an option for me.
Speaker 1: So make me a hitman level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the second step.
Speaker 2: You think you think Slim Shady has crones?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why he's so angry Marshall does Marshall.
Speaker 3: This whole beard era of eminem is weird. He's got like a Hollywood Hogan beard and it's just a weird.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Wait, Mike, do all your people in your life to have crones?
Speaker 2: Through your butt. Brothers. No, just by one guy's my one friend's dad who has crones calls me that he's really problematic.
Speaker 1: Though far go ahead. Does he think you have you and your friend are more than friends. That's why he's also calling you guys. But brothers.
Speaker 2: No, he would not talk to my Fred anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real problematic. Uh.
Speaker 6: A far crime TV series starring always Sonnies Rob Mcalleni. I can't recrospect his new name, Rob Mac. I guess has been an Is there stories out there? His wife and kids didn't want him to change his name, whatever, I don't know.
Speaker 4: My assumption. My assumption is that everyone was butchering the pronunc pronunciation of his name, right. But yeah, a lot of people said, I didn't know that's what he said. Yeah, that's what he makes sense.
Speaker 6: Because it's not written out in a way where you would immediately go, oh, that's just MacAllen.
Speaker 4: It's twenty years too late, but it makes sense, you know exactly either way.
Speaker 2: He's working with FX.
Speaker 6: They have ordered anthology TV series based off ubisofts Far Right video game franchise. The show, which will stream on Hulu and the US and Disney Plus internationally. Will be produced by Rob Mack via More Better Productions and Noah Hawley, who's done Fargo and Alien Earth via twenty six Keys. Mac has also set the star in the series. Both producers praised the far Cries Cry franchises, existing anthology.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah nature and how it it's worked.
Speaker 1: I like the Fargo guy, yeah too. Noah Holly's Great Alien Earth was in okay, first two episodes.
Speaker 2: I've not watched it, but I've heard mixed things, but a lot of good things. But I assume they just adapts Far Cry three first, right, probably who knows.
Speaker 6: I mean, you just get that guy, right, just go get that actor, uh Nacho whatever from.
Speaker 1: Better Better Called.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Jack Black would have himself a time as a far Cry and it would probably be insufferable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's gonna happen eventually, see it. We've been safe from Far Christ hashtag wive. No Black has been a bed as for his powers of all the agrees, but for Christ, they had to deal with that for a while. Feels he's like far Christ six And I assume whatever it's expand alone was for a while. Now, Yeah, what what was the expand alone for six Did they do one?
Speaker 1: They always do?
Speaker 2: They always not did? Yeah, I don't know, but we are overdue for a new one that probably pops up soon. It is the yan far Krist was twenty twenty one? Okay? Interesting was that the cult one No?
Speaker 3: Five five six was the Jared Letto one six guys from Breaking Back?
Speaker 1: Wait was Jared Letter?
Speaker 3: No, it's just everyone seems like Jared Letto.
Speaker 2: And yeah, our Kings of Leon's yeah, one or the other.
Speaker 1: I guess they did thirty Mars. Do not be smirched the Kings of Leon.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying the guys, the characters in that game look like the Kings of Leon were a call or more of a cult. I should say, all right, there is no longer in need to protect her. Farah may be stronger in Prince of Persia. The sansa Time remake leak suggests that previous part was a quote. Leaked internal Ubisoft presentation suggest that the upcoming remake of princip Persia The Sands of Time, which is apparently going to launch early next year we might see it at the Game Awards, will significantly enhance the character of Princess Farah, making her a true ally who can fight independently. Unlike the original two thousand and three games where players had to protect Farah, the remake will modernize the combat and allow Farah to fight on her own with her bow, eliminating the need.
Speaker 2: To protect her. I'm all for that. Sands Time is like like one of my favorite games. I love this.
Speaker 6: Holy shit, Yeah, this is a game that I kind of hold holy this doesn't This doesn't bother me at all.
Speaker 2: I think this is probably going to be a positive change for that.
Speaker 3: I mean, any game where they remove of a thing where you have to protect another character, I'll never be upset about that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: So it's like, okay, cool, they're making some edits here, probably some smart choices. It seems like they understand the game that they have. I hope we see that game soon. I would love to see that at the Game Awards and I.
Speaker 1: Want to see it soon selfishly. So it opens up the door to a Warrior Within remake, just so, just so I can hear that God Smack song.
Speaker 3: Was it just okay?
Speaker 1: In my head?
Speaker 3: It was like every time that thing is chasing you or is it just a commercial?
Speaker 5: And I'm thinking or the commercial, but I think it was the game too.
Speaker 2: Yeah do hakka. I know because my friend would always yell at me because I would tell him how I don't approve of that warrior within game. He's like, it's cool because metals in it, and then he would just scream the name of the monster that chased you, and I could throw up the horns, like get in my face and scream and make me uncomfortable and wear a Metallica shirt. I'm going with him to the reunion. I'm working. I'm a little worried.
Speaker 1: Is he the butt broe?
Speaker 2: This is no, this is a fixer.
Speaker 4: I have a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got quite so.
Speaker 4: So this is the person you're describing, is like the fucking villain in a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Sleep paralysis de man.
Speaker 4: And you're like, hey buddy, Hey, nightmare buddy. You want to go to the reunion together?
Speaker 2: Yes, he has to me, and I'm not gonna say no. He's my friend fixer.
Speaker 5: It's like this sounds like Harvey Kai telling the fixer.
Speaker 2: That's right. Actually we do call him the fixer. That is this full name, and it's uh capital X higher the lowercase X higher case X lower case.
Speaker 1: X two x's three X like in that movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, a song named Fixer that Metallica does that we named Yeah. Ever since you said do Hawke, I think it do Hawk mish by Romstein.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing he likes.
Speaker 2: He likes them too.
Speaker 6: Good good, Uh, all right, so Prince Person might be improved. Valve confirmed Steam Machine will be priced like a PC with the same level level of performance.
Speaker 2: We did talk about this a little a little bit last week.
Speaker 6: This is a little bit of a focal point ongoing from the announcement of this.
Speaker 2: Every time it comes up.
Speaker 6: Price is now the first and only real question anyone continues to talk about. We are getting trickling information about this of a It's not gonna be price like a console. It's gonna be price like a PC. Something that you know, I Valve told you guys, I think to your face, right, Jan and Dan, they kind of basically said, like, this is.
Speaker 2: A PC, you should think of it as a PC.
Speaker 6: They continue to say that now they're like getting maybe a little bit more specific, although we certainly cannot glean a price from this. They said, if you were to build a PC with similar performance, this is going to be priced like that.
Speaker 3: So starting to wonder my early thoughts on the you know, five twelve slash two Terrorby versions being six fifteen eight hundred might be a little lot.
Speaker 2: I'm going up to that.
Speaker 6: I am also going up Dan, I was between six hundred eight hundred, I think. Now I'm like, yeah, eight hundred two one thousand is kind of where I'm at now.
Speaker 2: It's like, you can see why it might cost a thousand, but boy, it just seems like we're taught like the market penetration is gonna be pre limited at four figures.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, it's I'm trying to think like a laptop with similar specs those those are probably like twelve hundred to fourteen hundred, right, So, so I think you start to you know, taking out some of the miniaturization. Obviously they are still miniaturized with this thing. It's really small, but that that's not They're not.
Speaker 2: Going to like reduce their or have their cost skyrocket because of that.
Speaker 6: They probably thought about that, take out the screen, take out the battery, save some money here or there. We're probably talking about eight hundred if for Lucky, So we'll see. We'll probably get information on that here relatively soon, but they probably come in the new year and talk about the price.
Speaker 2: Then, right, we're not going to get another Yeah yeah, at least the rams real cheap these days. Yeah, yep, that.
Speaker 4: They pre bought it, they.
Speaker 6: Will at least be able to command, you know, a large orders where they could save some money on their components.
Speaker 2: They're going to be a big vendor for whoever they work with. But that's not going to do enough to push those RAM prices down. Uh Okay, let's see here.
Speaker 6: Nintendo starts removing player made bikini chef from Kirby air Riders.
Speaker 1: I believe Nintendo is censoring the players.
Speaker 6: Nintendo woke actively removing player created machines designs machine designs from the Kirby air Riders machine market. Something we didn't talk about at all, but there's a market where people can make their own machines and sell them to each other with in game currency that to pick the character Chef Kawasaki in a bikini the meme. The meme originated from twenty twenty fan ar and players quickly used the my Machines mode, which allows for creative asset manipulation, to upload their own bikini Chef Kawasaki I thought Mike's nipple design was even more received.
Speaker 2: But yeah, right, I put on the market. I'm not stupid, that's right. You're not attempting fate there, yeah, I mean, honestly, see, it's not even that loute. It's so funny, come.
Speaker 1: On, yes, fun Why Why is a Nintendo trying to body shame? Chef Kawazaki?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exact, that's a good point. Why are they evil?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think there was There was a multiple variations on this early on, and there was one in a micro bikini that was very skinny, and I think they got rid of that one. I think the one in the normal sized bikini is still on the store. And then, of course since then, people have added a bunch more. There's a gold rush now on bikini Chef Kawasaki. Uh, nearly half of us kids went in in game currency this Christmas. I was gonna ask you guys, if someone got you like v Bucks, would you be upset?
Speaker 4: Would you be as an adult man?
Speaker 5: As an adult I.
Speaker 2: Guess I mean I would be. There's worst gifts. I don't have those that Roe Bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't want uscratch, it was like.
Speaker 3: Fucking thirty bucks. I'm still looking at Scratchy in that story.
Speaker 1: Every day since that is insane.
Speaker 3: Not quite, it's like twenty six, twenty seven or something. Yeah, it comes with Scratchy, comes with Itchy as a little companion, and he follows you around and you.
Speaker 1: Get the axe.
Speaker 2: If it was Pooshy would be having a different conversation. I would get Poochy immediately, I'd be I'd be right there. I didn't get MO. Like. Look, I bought the battle Pass and I which was basically like buying missions and games, so I kind unlocked the things I was. I did that. I got my homer like, I gotta stop there. I looked at MO and they did the thing because I have of course, I have some V bucks left over from when I had to buy the things. If I just buy a bit more, I can get MO. Stop stop. I don't need MO in Fortnite and.
Speaker 3: You got you got sexy Flanders now right.
Speaker 2: I got sexy Flanders, I got normal flanners. I got marge yep, I got the like Simpson's version of the Banana and the fish guys.
Speaker 5: Oh the Professor Frank, that.
Speaker 2: Is like missions. That's a different thing that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh the blanky, blanky as a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually might be close to professor fake. Maybe I should look at that, I don't know, make a laugh and make a think it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah all that to say, uh yeah, I guess I'd be okay with that as a I mean, like that is the currency though, if we're being honest, Like I want to know how much of this percentage of kids want v books right, Like that to me is.
Speaker 2: Like, because I know minef senieces like it. I find it a little sad if I was a kid, and like even if I was a kid, somebody got me a gift a gift cards to toys or us, I think that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of I don't know, like for for kids now, like that's like the main.
Speaker 2: Kids want this. This is this is one of the things they Yeah, we do, and I think that's I think it's a shame. Well I'm over with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean, like you know, I think you just you just sort of shovel all that under the video game category is how I'm sort of rationalizing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for me, like the disconnect would have been like cosmetics in the game in a game will never mean as much.
Speaker 2: To me as a new experience or a new game.
Speaker 6: So it's like, yeah, I want all that money or that like you know, gift capital to be put towards getting a new thing. But kids feel differently now. They want they want to show off in the game they're playing the most. They're just not the same person that I'm right.
Speaker 4: They feel different, and I think, you know, they are probably getting that same dopamine thing you're describing through that mechanism as well. I mean, but I also you know, he had his birthday back in April and the kid got almost like twenty thousand V bucks as a result of it, and I was just like, Okay, this is too much. This is insane. It's Dick's gift cards and V Bucks. That's the only thing kids get for their birthday as far as I'm aware. But no, like, you know, he wants new shoulder pads. He wants to get a new stick, like he there are other things outside of that that are like, oh, okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Stocking stuffer to me, Like there's some v busts in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, I probably will do exactly that.
Speaker 2: The kids play, well, it'll get mind coins or whatever. Minecraft. What do you all get them that.
Speaker 1: What does a currency and Minecraft do for you?
Speaker 6: Well, so there is a store where you can buy a lot of cosmetics that the Minecraft company Mojiang or mo Yang, I don't know how to say it, that they will make. But also there is a it's similar to Roadblocks, where there is a custom store where the community can create their own stuff and sell it in the store, and there are access to it. Yeah, very variations on the games. There's mods that completely change how everything works. There's a bunch of other create a character stuff. But then you can also download the stuff off the internet for free and installed in the game yourself.
Speaker 2: So that's still going in parallel to all this. But the kids want to get mine coins to buy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was wondering, because the version of Minecraft I have in my head is just super duper open. You just find a map or a mode.
Speaker 6: You probably play the Java version, right, Yeah, so the kids these days usually are playing Bedrock. But one of the reasons I talked about recently building a PC for Emmy is I want to get over to Java so that I can we could just use mods and do all all the stuff.
Speaker 2: Ye, get all the skins, get all the skins that way, so.
Speaker 1: You can fight one hundred or one hundred and ninety nine Spaniards.
Speaker 3: And she will be friend. GiB Doki read yes.
Speaker 6: Uh, all right, last story here, Hideo Hideo Kojima pays tribute to late actor Udo Kir. Rest in peace to Udo Kir, who passed away this past week. The German actor Udo Kir, known to video game fans as the villain Yuri and Command and conquer Red Alert, has died at age eighty one. Here was supposed to be in od They were going to film that next year. After some delays, not going to be able to do that. A real shame is one of those character actors that every time he pops up, he's got that voice right and that accent.
Speaker 3: He's this asshole rich guy Ina and yeah, do not go in there like that guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah right yeah so yeah, like iconic moments that you instantly recognize when you see him.
Speaker 2: So just real rest and peace, wrestful trails to Udo here. All right? That does with the headlines jan the show's back over to you. Uh.
Speaker 1: While I was skinning through Udo Kere's IMDb, I learned that there was a Pitch Perfect spinoff TV series, and I don't know what to do with that information. I'm just gonna have to go take a quick, pricky break and then i'll be back watch it all and ready to talk. It's only six episodes. I'll be ready to talk.
Speaker 2: To forget about me. Jan Let's start out a cappella group, all right.
Speaker 3: When I came back from break before in the last break, none of you were here, and Mike was here, and as I walked up, his eyes were closed. He didn't see me walk up, and he was singing a song about how he was all alone on the call, and it was just my hear.
Speaker 1: Hey, Mikey, Mikey, Yeah, you're ever alone, You're never alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're always with you, just like that song for Found Fantasy nine exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I was going for. Folks. We'll see you on the other side of this Brook. Let's show emails BombCast at giant bob dot com. Oh y'all definitely heard that one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: BombCast giant bomb dot com is email address to send your emails to right in about any and everything. You got some kind words, you want to tell us more things about the about Vermont by all means right away, BombCast John bomb dot com. First email of the show comes from Tommy from Virginia. Hey, BombCast. When the Legend of Zelda Tiers of the Kingdom first came out, I bounced off it after a few hours. I could tell it was a great game overall, but I couldn't get into it. I recently got he switched to though, and decided to give it another go. I'm now over forty hours in and having a blast. Are there any games that you struggle to get into but eventually loved after trying again? Sincerely, Tommy from Virginia.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh yes, yes, Tommy from Virginia. Fallout three, Oh yeah, fall three. That was like my first Fallout and I tried it when I got it, and then it just wasn't speaking to me. And then all of a sudden, I was just like, you know what, I'm an adult, now I can try a thing again. And I did and I finished the game, and that got me really all, you know, caught up in the Fallout business. If it wasn't for just me being an adult and being mature about the situation, I'd never play another Fallog game that you go romance stuck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's tranding. For me, that's the one, all right, yep.
Speaker 2: I tried Earthbound so many times before I finally got into it. Like I played it back when it was like a newer game. I rented it, like on the E shop. I think I got it, you know, on the SNS Classics. Basically every time I had access to that game, I would try it again because I thought it was a game I should like. For some reason, I always get like a couple hours in it would fall off it and just gosh. Sometime within the last year on NSL, I finally was like, no, I want to play through this game. So I did, and it just totally got me this time, just asolutely hooked me. And now I am like one of those people who's like, yeah, that's one of the best SNS games. It's one of the best RPGs. It's timeless, it's fantastic, but it's like so much more fun to be the person a person who loves earthbounds out of being a person who is like I don't quite get Earthbound, but yeah, it just took decades to get there. I think, yeah, go ahead and jam.
Speaker 1: It was dead cells for me, Like I really I remember Jason A Striker waxing poetically about dead cells so much, and then when I eventually checked it out, I cannot initially like really parse out or it just didn't feel good initially, and then I think a couple months later, I just it came out for the switch or I picked it up on the switch, is what happened. And then it, for whatever reason, it just starts to fall into place and click with me. And then I spent an obscene amount of hours in that game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think this happens pretty frequently, so much so that it's like just it feels like normal process. So there's maybe like a lot of games, but the one that maybe comes to mind is Guardians of the Galaxy, where it's like I tried it right when it came out and was like, ah, so.
Speaker 2: Wrote and familiar.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I'm gonna get into it, and then I feel like later in the year, not that much later though, but I gave it another try and it was like, you know, I just like some of these characters a little bit. Let me see where it's gonna go. And by the end it's like, oh, I really film that with that game.
Speaker 1: Lovely fantastic something that popped up last week on the podcast was Mikey talking about how we are all coded in the goat sauce and folks, several people have emailed in about goat sauce. Email comes from anonymous Hey bombers. Once a week, I'm charged with the duties of transporting goat sauce. No, not that goat sauce, the other goat sauce milk. Every now and then I will fudge my math or get distracted by a certain podcast, and this will lead to me overflowing a tank and me being in the splash zone, literally getting coded in raw goat sauce. I am really writing into thank you for one of the funniest ongoing parts of my week. At some point in July twenty twenty four, I was driving in this truck worth more than my house, transporting a volume of goat milk worth more than my car, listening to Mikey talk about his mouse Mingle account on the dump truck. When Bailey dropped a you couldn't water board that out of me, I was laughing so fucking hard I had to pull over until I could breathe. When I was in a condition that I could drive safely again. I noticed I was in front of a local landmark, and now every week I can't help but chuckle when I pass it. My question to you all, do you have a unique landmark, smell, sound, et cetera that is a trigger for a positive memory. Thank you for being legendary. Sick Cunnies. Oh shit, can I say that Australian parentheses positive? Okay? Cool? Please keep please keep me anonymous. All right, you sick Cunney.
Speaker 2: You got all from Australia.
Speaker 4: You're like, I've never heard that from an Australia. Like, is that just like.
Speaker 1: Close to cummies?
Speaker 4: We know what it's too close to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow smells. I Yeah, I definitely have this.
Speaker 6: There's like a like lotions that I'll like small It's be like, oh that reminds me of like you know, the perfumes or whatever that Steff wears or something like that, and they'll be like step me off and be like, okay, yeah that's positive.
Speaker 2: I have a loving family. That's pretty cool. Yeah. That's the one thing you guy should know about me is my family loves me. It's for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I go to like AMC, now that's usually where I see movies. It's like that smell of the session every thing, Like you know, when I work there. It's like the same smell from like nineteen ninety nine when I was working there to now. So it's like, oh, moves back to those memories of just working at the movies with my friends.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a positive memory. I only have a negative association with the smell of cream cheese frosting of when I used to work at a cupcake shop and that I swear was haunted.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good gimmick for a cupcake shop.
Speaker 1: They their favorite gimmick was unfair employee practices and safety and also bad gimmick, perhaps hazing new employees and pretending to be a secret shopper or a very disgruntled customer. Fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh well, gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hate hazing. Everything about hazing, the concept of it, the execution of it. I think it's one of the worst constructs that humanity has ever created.
Speaker 1: It's real dumb.
Speaker 4: Do you have understand experience or what.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I've ever even done any hazing.
Speaker 6: Or if if I got a whiff that something involved hazing, I would, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's part of the reason words, like, there's a million reasons why. I just like, as soon as I went to college, I was like, I'm not a frat guy. I want nothing to like. I would actively if I had a friend in the dorms that was like rushing or pledging or whatever for a frat I'd be like, oh, I think less of you now, Like it just seems like the dumbest shit. It is like weird stuff the whole culture, you know.
Speaker 2: People like I've agreed to let these people humiliate in the you know, the me me for their pleasure, so that I can be in their clubs those.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, someday I'll get to be the one who pretends they're better than their people. I'm like, cool, you have fun with that.
Speaker 1: Mike Manatti. Do you have the email or the run of show in front.
Speaker 2: Of you and this was one you're highlighting right now? Would you like for me to read I'll put my classes on. I think I'm done emanating so much body heat that I fogged them up.
Speaker 1: I would like you to read it. And this is the last email.
Speaker 2: Of the show. Yeah, another Australian. Hi, guys, I was really excited for Hades two, hoping for a deep dive into some of the more obscure characters from Greek mythology, which the game has definitely excelled at. But unfortunately they've completely over. They completely looked over one of my personal favorites. It's not mentioned much, but Achilles actually got a younger brother named Baffatis, and like his brother, their mother dipped him in the river sticks as well. She held Achilles by the ankle, but Baffatis was held around the groin, so that's where his weakness was.
Speaker 5: Everyone's weakness.
Speaker 2: Everybody's heard about Achilles heel, but I bet none of you know about the faddy's nuts.
Speaker 4: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I love AO, gotcha also love and.
Speaker 1: Stuff fun in uh South Australia. Uh well, thank you Mike for creating that emailoffy wouldn't it wouldn't have hit the same because I read it before. No, I get it.
Speaker 2: I know we had to do that.
Speaker 1: I did not see it coming. That is not an example of hayaik no no, that's friends bike prodding one another, which is fun.
Speaker 2: Difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, shouts out to Australia bombcasta Giant bomb dot Com. Uh is the email just to send your emails to thank you to everyone. We've been getting a lot more emails as the weeks progress, and I feel like that is a sign of good vibe. So I hope you're you are enjoying the podcast out there. It means a bunch to me, specifically because gosh, it weighs on me. Uh, mister Minatti, hybe with some YouTube super chats if we got all that's.
Speaker 2: The thing that I do too. Yeah, I do read those absolutely. I have got those ready to go. They're right here. I just I'm so excited staring at them instead of reading them at all. No, bot Night says, are Resident Evil games Metroid veanias? I mean not not really. It's like or Zoda games Metroid Venias, right, Like there's other similar there's other games I have backtracking and like keys, but they're not quite Metroid Venias. I don't even know if I can articulate here, right. I think it's because there's no platforming. I think you got to have platforming. That's the difference between the soda. Are are there weapon keys and Resident Evil like weapons that I think No, that's the issue, right, is that it's just keys although that's a bit of a problem. Another problem I was having with Metroid Prime two is that almost all of the upgrades I got felt more like keys essentially. Then, like the other part, they have to balance it, they have to be both. Yeah, it's like okay, yes, it's like okay, yes, this dark beam is a weapon.
Speaker 1: But also the most important thing is that it.
Speaker 2: Opens up the dark doors. That's why it actually matters. I mean, the super bombs are always kind of like that, Like who uses super bombs in combat? You use them to open up the super bombs exploration. Yeah, uh on Drace R three or five, Miami says disappointing, and Dan and Jurff are running away from the grind in missing quote unquote the dance stream.
Speaker 1: Still love Also, what do you.
Speaker 2: Put your expastry or just case your twenty x mixed trees? Mis mine's going up right now. But yeah, you two are cowards. It's okay, I so love you, but you know you're cowardly. You disappointed us.
Speaker 4: It's worth dancing at Alex's house.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's not the same though, because did you dance?
Speaker 2: It did?
Speaker 1: Did Alex put on sexy? And I know it?
Speaker 4: No but there was just like a lot of like euro pop heavy metal, like I was. I was moving for five hours, like for sure if you pay, I was just I was go back. Oh well, I don't I think the archive there is no archive. We're working on that actually, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're working.
Speaker 4: Yeah you could see me moving. I'm moving for five hours, so you guys got to catch up to me.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, shaken out, there will be an opportunity where all of us will be together in person, so maybe we just.
Speaker 6: There's an opportunity that I won't cancel, just dance, plus so.
Speaker 1: More so that God will forget about it.
Speaker 3: But accumulatively in my life, I wonder if I've danced more than one hour.
Speaker 1: In your entire life.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have like a like a wedding, you know, but it's can you hear all this?
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna stop talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, let's talk about Danny. You though they can't talk. I guess like this is great for an hour. There's just no way, the dude, no way, that's graat.
Speaker 3: I didn't dance at all until probably my first time dancing was at a wedding.
Speaker 5: I think my sister's wedding in like twenty nineteen, and the.
Speaker 3: First time I ever danced, and I've done like it's only been at weddings, and it's been like five times for maybe like a song or two.
Speaker 5: I think, so that probably less than an hour.
Speaker 4: I guess what we need to do is find out what qualifies as dancing.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, I mean it is like you.
Speaker 4: Know that that's I don't know what to do with this information. I just think it's a little I think, so.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you just say, Kansas, move on, right, you know, people don't know.
Speaker 3: Because in college, like people would always go to the clubs and go to the dance floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah lose a Kansas story. Yeah, but it was illegal to dance there. But that was the whole you know, overcoming the problem. Right, I just don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: I just don't like everyone else goes out there and they're doing all these crazy moves and stuff. It's like, how did you, like, how do you know what to do?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like the you mean, like the line dancing you just go to the bars and no any means any dance. This is like the same thing that he says about d and d. It's like you're allowed to just do your own thing. Like, yeah, here's the thing. I'm a terrible Like I would be awful at improv. I I just know I would be fucking terrible. Doubt that.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't agree with that either. I think you're wrong about that too.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: We tried like an episode of replay once a Game Informer was like a gimmick episode where it was like us in the future, So it was like a replay twenty fifty or whatever, and we're just like kind of play future versions of ourselves. And I just deer in headlights, had no idea what to do. Be funny, just being myself on a thing.
Speaker 1: How Yeah, Like that was then, Dan, you're a new hole. You're a brand new Dan.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I kind of don't think I can do improv. No way.
Speaker 4: I've never I've never danced.
Speaker 2: I like dancing. It was fun. We had a good time. When we got done, I think all three of us were like, we feel better.
Speaker 4: It feels good dancing to move around.
Speaker 1: Listen. I love dancing, all right, dance any and every opportunity I get to dance, I'll.
Speaker 2: Dance, just dance.
Speaker 4: I can't not dance. Sometimes I wish.
Speaker 1: It seems fun.
Speaker 3: People seem like they're having a good time.
Speaker 4: The only thing about me is the way I walk exactly when I hear a sort of oh yeah, I d can confirm I was dancing. We danced up a storm at Chuck's wedding. Yes, dancing, I believe you can't. If I hear some sort of beat in the distance, I cannot not bop my head to it.
Speaker 1: How do that?
Speaker 3: But that doesn't count, Like I'll do some of this, you know.
Speaker 4: Like it's it's the it's the early signs of dancing, like if you're capable, the hips gotta get involved and the hips.
Speaker 6: Going, man going, all right, right, this is going on the timer, Dan, when.
Speaker 2: You saw that started?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Conell by more seconds of dancing.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa, he's hitting the floss everyone. Oh okay, yeah, you just keep dancing. The buddy.
Speaker 2: You look like a bad Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: He looks like the chef Kawazaki star.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, yeah, all right, next super check. Conain Kosama says jan Jarthan Bailey voices a character in fil Fantasy fourteen. That's true, he's gart Yeah. I love that he's oh he's good. Yeah, yeah, that's a good character. I love Jonathan Bailey. Yeah yeah, I'm glad he has success because he will always be garraha tia to me.
Speaker 6: I discovered that water Boy in Dispatch is the guy that did that funny Lanky Kong video where d.
Speaker 1: K Rapp the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's one of my favorites. So yeah, it was people like Joe Evr. I'm like that recognized that name and then I looked it up. I'm gonna watch to funny idea. I just love how positive everyone's favorite trade.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 2: Man, he's the leader without.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: By the way, we've been graduated from my mic not working to now it's just doing high pitched sounds into my ears directly random.
Speaker 2: I think the I think the government is a teching day with like electro beams. The democratic clouds are right over his house right now. Something the woodpeckers have begun their next stage. Okay, we got wild war here zombie porn' says shout out Jad, Mike and grub for just dance tming last PF. You guys should show the world that there are three people at Giant Bom who have rhythm. We have rhythm.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank god rhythm. I thought we was gonna say we did it. Yeah, No, we're good, were good, We're set. We're heroes, fan fantastic. Thank you everyone for the YouTube. Super chats. What we got going on the rest of this week? Boys, nothing is what we got. That's not true that we're doing a flight club and this is the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I have it all prepared.
Speaker 1: Come on, a liar, you're a fucking liar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how dare you say nothing's happening?
Speaker 1: Because then this is where we build it up, and it's like, but after this, we a little after this, we have a Tuesday Blake Club Tuesday. That's right before mister Minatti leaves for his little vak. He's going to hit the Hollywood back lots and hit some Hollywood back behind the scenes. It's not cunnies.
Speaker 2: No, you can't say you're not Australian. You don't have provisions.
Speaker 1: He said it like five.
Speaker 2: Times, knowing beat it or not. I thought he would. I thought he would understand the why he can't say it more than boy he said, you would.
Speaker 6: Feel but call anyone that he can't use it against someone. But I think if he's just stating the word.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start whenever we're in person together, I'm going to start entering a room and I'm gonna start saying where the cunny's atop it? You're not gonna say that doing? Oh god, Dad, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Just he's de Res?
Speaker 2: All right, we should just kick Dan?
Speaker 1: Just no, don't don't please it. Just mute yourself. He's getting Deres.
Speaker 2: Everyone it's tobor Oscar super tighter real quick, says yeah, Grub, Mike, get Jay, kick ass. Thank you so much for Judio, shouts out to Antonio.
Speaker 1: Wednesday in place. Since we're doing it, Dan, you don't have to flos Okay, he has to. We have a best of darkest of Dan's popping off, edited by Derek Stone. Thank you Derek. Popping off on Wednesday because we were taking Thursday off. We're gonna be re broadcasting an older episode of the Dump Truck. Which one it'll be it'll be a surprise, the Redump, the Rejump. And then also this week we got some a couple of fun little VIDs pop up off cut together the stuff from grub Snatch. That is gonna be a premium video for the premium members out there. It's gonna be it's gonna be a silly, silly little thing, not a full on video, just like a little horror trailer I cut together. And then later in the week Friday. Two things popping off on Friday, the New York vlog of our time together, hanging out, hanging and clanging in New York, eating some za, doing some other miscllaneous things. We're gonna finally pop off in New York as well. Mike Minatti tell me about store dout giant bomb dot com this Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep keep an eye out. Starting tomorrow, everybody, we are going to be doing a Black Friday sale on the store store dot giant bomb dot com. So there will be a store wide discount, but there'll also be some items that will be more heavily discount, some inventory clearing that we are trying to do there. There's also gonna be one new waite, one new item that's gonna go up to sale, something that we've actually had ready to go there, and now's the time we're gonna show that one off. So keep an eye out. Should be some exciting stuff, gonna be some good discounts, so this will be your your time to stock up on your your mugs, or your aprons or your shirts. You know, all the fun new stuff and a lot of the old stuff too, so plenty of sales. Keep an eye out storretu giant on dot com probably gonna run through till till Monday. Everybody, and folks, again, we are having a site freeze next week as Chuck migrates everything over and does the finishing touches on the new website, as we punt the old website into the stratosphere. So again, a site freeze will be happening next week. If you're subscribed to the RSS feeds your premium member there, don't worry. You'll still be able to get your all your hot audio of a premium free stuff gang. Thanks Thanksgiving this week, Am I forgetting anything?
Speaker 1: By the way, that.
Speaker 2: Sounded pretty comprehensive.
Speaker 6: There was maybe another video we were working on, but maybe don't announce that you had some studio or maybe you did say that.
Speaker 2: I can't remember, but maybe yeah New York.
Speaker 6: Okay you say that, Okay, I was I was paying something else more important. Oh yeah, you fixed this way better. That's actually what I was looking at it is, like dam was in chat saying that happened.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what, Maybe there's just maybe some electronic interference there.
Speaker 2: Probably USB weirdness because USB's power. Yeah, yeah, Toto, we're also the super Chat says merge master. Can I get some tall clothing? I don't know, I'll look into it. Mike only respect shorties, so sorry.
Speaker 1: Shouts out to my short kings queens, and nb's out there, and short Grandma.
Speaker 2: Is out there, holler drinking Grandma, anti water club.
Speaker 1: Anti water water club. All right, folks, Well, hey, happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating that in the States. And I will speak for all of us here that we are thankful for you listening at home, premium members, non premium members, for however long you've been rocking with us. We are deeply, deeply appreciative for all of y'all. Shouts out to Chuck, shouts out to Sean, Shouts out to well Crosby doing our social stuff. He's been Jeff, he's been Jeff, he's been Mike, he's been Danny. You at home have been absolutely gougeous. And maybe I'll stop saying the Australian word. He shout. I think I might well see things worry for another episode. Thanks Camping for this so brave.
Speaker 2: I love you. Goodbye,