Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on? Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Candid Cast. I'm Canadave. On today's episode, we're gonna be talking about cannabis technology, cannabis culture and is it on the rise and where it was from ten fifteen years ago to where it's at now. So got a jam packed episode with that. It's gonna be a fun episode because we've been smoking for years groovy and we've seen it grow. So we're gonna dive into that. But first, before we dive into that, let's give a shout out to our partners that make this possible. We're gonna kick it off with Kinship where the Thirpeen, where the terpenes thrive. They got a couple of new collabs coming out. They have the Iced Animal Cookies strain. That's a collab with Superb It's coming in rosin and carts. And then they also have the new drop with Cannoby Extracts the Cali Black Rose and that is with Scotty and Candi Extracts. So diving into our next partner, Canoby and Scottie Cookies, Yep, that's collab with Kinship, which is hilarious. They do very good collaps. But if you want to try award winning concentrates and premium concentrates, go check out Canoy Extracts. Third, I want to give a shout out to Old School Organics. If you're looking for organic bud, you're looking for some of some old school strains, definitely check out Old School Organic. Some of the strains that got going right now is Peyton's Pie Lilac OG ninety two og cush, which is that original O G cush. And then you also got the zebra piss and you got the sour runs. And then also if you're looking for a healthy drink, check out our boys over at High nine.
Speaker 2: All fifty states too.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is type in Mike can of fifteen and you get to save and it's made with honey hump and this is a healthy drink, so it's no added sugars, real fruit, druice, caffeinated and non caffeinated. So shout out to all of our partners that make this happen. Without you, we wouldn't be here. So appreciate all you and appreciate all the supporters who were trying out those products. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Gonna have to hit them up. I think we're out. We drink all the ones that aren't these two.
Speaker 1: I believe so, because if there's some at my house and I think I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, I'm about to drink one because I kind of want on right now.
Speaker 3: I got I mean, I got water, but these really like are good with hydration.
Speaker 1: Yep. I kind of would do the caffeine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Actually, I didn't even realize that we are out. Man.
Speaker 3: We might just have to give you all one and shot and then we're gonna drink one. Oh these are both caffeine free.
Speaker 1: Mine's caffeine free. I think that one's got caffeine.
Speaker 2: They will drink this one. They will drink them a mid episode you actually, I actually kind of want one, so I mean pop it off.
Speaker 1: No, not as well.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean he didn't hear me, but I didn't drop it. A couple of seconds ago. I was just gonna wait, it's not carbonate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, duh, duh, No, here we are.
Speaker 3: My brain is just like, well, I guess I'm so used to just spilling things.
Speaker 2: It's a fear. So I didn't actually think that.
Speaker 1: With all the we didn't want it to go on the tech. But no, these are non carbonated, So again shout out to our partners Kinship Cannoby Extracts, Old Score Organics and High nine.
Speaker 2: And I am risking and keeping it here.
Speaker 1: But it's more of a nice, nice, nice, beautiful beautiful there. Yeah, let's get stuff. Let's dive into this. Uh this episode here groovy yeah.
Speaker 3: Because like we were just talking so davednt mentioned it before, but cannabis culture and technology just kind of like want the adult dive into it a bit.
Speaker 2: And what we mean by that.
Speaker 3: Is just like between everything we've been seeing at like MJ Biscon or at these events, you know, new e rigs like.
Speaker 1: Bands coming out, like Puffo in general was not around five.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's like even just like e Rigs and puff Coo has created this own type of culture and then of its of its own right and then like you know, concentrate cultures like growing hash culture like because of dabbing, you know, not just like hash heads. Like things have changed a bit, and we just wanted to talk about a bit because we had to different topics and just kind of dive into like between how they've kind of affected both, cause that's what I was going to kind of say, like the perfect example of like you know of e rigs.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, the main eaterrig when we were growing up, man was gpen right.
Speaker 3: Right, And even then of that there was no like, I mean, there was like a little bit of like a cool like coolness to it, but like they suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they weren't really that good, so no one really liked.
Speaker 3: I mean, they were all right right, like they would work sometimes, but then they would burn the concentrated in and use it exactly right because you're using coils, and like, there wasn't really like, I don't want to say, like a thing behind them, but e riggs I mean more of like the evolution of puff coos and now what student glasses doing with their modular thing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And then what's the other one? V Karta and all these other brands. Honey Badger is still around like and like and kind of like the influence of technology on culture and then also culture on technology because they're kind of effective on another right, Because dabbing got more popular, e rigs became more like prevalent. Ever, because even people who love glass, which I love glass too, for this podcast or for like when I'm on the go, you can't just like puck, you know, but I can just hit this thing discreetly. No one knows what I'm doing, right, Like, like it's changed so much, and I honestly think it's it's affected kind of when you talk E rigs or when we were talking puff Coke because I got puff Co's at the ass right, hit me up sponsor us.
Speaker 2: You know, I even got the plus over here.
Speaker 3: Like it's just like it's become such a thing, especially with the vape technology now, like you know the batteries, yeah, you know, there's so many different types of batteries in disposables, like electronic rigs of like especially when you talk O two cards. That's something that we don't even think about, but like that's a huge effect on like electronic rigs.
Speaker 2: I mean I stick E rigs.
Speaker 3: I think puff Co's still and like dab stuff because I dabble a lot.
Speaker 2: But vape is a huge thing, Like we'll go huge. It makes huge effect on culture, huge shift from even smoking to just ripping punjamins. Oh, Punjamin Blinkings, you know what I mean, Abraham Blinkings. I just made that one up.
Speaker 4: What was the other one of the Benjamin A uh, Benjamin Franklin, Benjamin Franklin, that's the one I heard, and then I just said to Lincoln, I was like, oh, that's actually blinking, that's it is man stupid.
Speaker 1: But that is what the youngest, right, But it affected culture.
Speaker 2: That's a mean.
Speaker 1: Now Benjamins in the Benjamins before.
Speaker 3: What And that's technology affecting culture. And see, this is exactly why we just kind of wanted to dive in. And Riggs was my first one, the reason.
Speaker 1: I whant to dive into it first before jump even even the Eriggs. A lot of concentrates was just hot knives back in the day. So if you start from like way back in like probably the nineties, there wasn't none as vape tech, even even though two thousand and eight when it came legal in here, you're just.
Speaker 2: Done concentrats in general. Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Both concentrates a tech. Yeah, and you think about how it's evolved. It's gone from hot knives, which you would heat up a knife and put two together and hail the key for the concentrate, because that's how concentrates were done back.
Speaker 2: In the day. It was hot knives.
Speaker 1: So any any young listeners listening crazy, right.
Speaker 3: Or even Yeah, when you'd hot knife and you put the hash on, you put the cup on and the strongery.
Speaker 2: It was like a whole thing, like even to think, like titanium nails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how dabbing started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think I know, but I remember our first dabs, I mean for years were off titanium nails.
Speaker 2: Glowy's glow glowis for coating.
Speaker 1: No, no, but no, that's literally how it was. Was you were taking hot and then once that that was sex. Step two was literally titanium glass rigs. You'd have a titanium nail with an eat with a glass rig. You put the titanium nail in the rig and you'd torch that baby. That was twenty twelve. Yeah, like and and like I was saying while you're talking, the hot box, if no one knows what the flower for hot box, like I had one back when I first started smoking twenty ten. You would literally put weed in a like a like a white tube almost like a whippet, plug it in and slowly inhale. Oh yeah, and that was like when the volcanoes were coming out as well too, but no one had the money for volcanos. Like five hundred bucks the hot box like one hundred so you can smoke in your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. That's true. Nowadays.
Speaker 1: Nowadays you got walking uh baby, you can vape everything, can vave flour, you can vavee concentrations, vape oil, you can vape everything, and it's all with one battery. Back in the day, you couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. GPEN might have tried it, but a lot of.
Speaker 1: GPT tech back in the day kept breaking. I will say because I keep ripping on GPEN. GPEN did have some sweet tech last year to MSA Biscins.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say GPEN, But all this falls underneath the electronic rigs of technology, because like if you really think about even like these like the Puffer gole plus, I mean it's just an attachment.
Speaker 2: I can put real dud dabs on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you said GPEN, even though, like you said, the tack we used to not to be the best because back then it was just coil based. Like they had some cool shit last time we went there and they had something similar, modular chimera what they called it. But when I'm talking about like student glass has like a module that's very similar to the proxy where it fits into things. Right, it's not necessarily like the smoking device goes through the battery like a regularly because this is how like a karta is or a peak like a normal vaporizer.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But then you get these modular pieces that you can basically you just have the vape thingy and you can just like put it in shit right, right, because that's the two different things I've been seeing. Like student glass has a modular adaption. We're putting glass. You put in portable pieces.
Speaker 2: The same idea as like a module or something.
Speaker 3: And then they have basically the five hundred dollars gravity bomb, you know what I mean, which again, way cooler than I'm on.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm under killing out. It is sick.
Speaker 3: I used it a couple weeks ago. I was sick with the cannoby booth shutouts.
Speaker 2: Gotta again.
Speaker 3: We're ready mean you connect puff you get but no, but I mean essentially what it is, it's just a really really fancy gravity bomb we used to make the same thing. Doesn't hit better, a billion highs better, but it's essentially the same thing. You know. That's all kids back in the day, and that's using recycling water, Like, that's such a cool technology.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, like we we've innovated, stars innovated. We used to smoke out of apples, apples and coke cans, right, well, that's yeah, that's how it was.
Speaker 2: It's got so expensive nowadays.
Speaker 1: We got gas masks, you got you got steamrollers, you got ice bongs, you got all this stuff. And this all was popping off in like the mid two thousands, I would say probably probably when we started smoking. I started noticing because we'd go to glass shops. I thought that it was sweet.
Speaker 2: I mean, speaking of that glass.
Speaker 3: I mean, glass has always been like you can always afford it to some point, but also to some degree, glass has gotten expensive too.
Speaker 2: Man Like there's like very much a culture behind glass.
Speaker 1: I mean those when I say that was because I had expensive glass. I had like the birthday cake, I had, like the lemon sour cake. I think I even had torol glass back in the day tots. So I guess it's always been around, and they all got smashed about in the ring.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I guess this may be better under culture then, But glass has always been a big part of culture.
Speaker 2: And it's always but my whole point about as.
Speaker 1: Custom those gone because you can get custom peaks. You can get custom dude.
Speaker 3: I mean I looked at you know, how I broke my other one, Like getting one that's made by someone is.
Speaker 2: Like hundreds of dollars, Like three hundred.
Speaker 1: Dollars, That's what I'm saying. So like custom glass has gone up. Glass has always been part of the culture. Like when I got into dabbing, the glass for me was like the thing. You wanted to keep that glass clean. You'd clean it after every hit and you almost be like half baked when they brought out the bongs.
Speaker 2: Because there was expensive glass.
Speaker 3: There's always been nice glass in heady culture, right, because it's that extra time and that artist's point in the effort. But I mean, even look at now with the modernization of dabbing, and look how expensive is to get a nice nail. Yeah, Like because like back when we was just titanium, like we didn't know any better. We just tried our best for it to get us ripped right, and you got the best turps you got because honestly, half of it.
Speaker 2: Was poop soup, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you did have someone, if you did have someone that gave you good good rosin or good dabs like then you were just happy to get some shatter like whatever.
Speaker 2: Right like there, I wasn't doing solve it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was no idea but but.
Speaker 3: But but I mean I went to look at like some Toro glass quartz.
Speaker 2: Bangers and then I three five hundred dollars minimum.
Speaker 3: I'm like, fuck, you know, no, wonder why my bangers don't last any time? Because I buy these cheap bangers and I have to throw them out and buy an our banger. But it's like, also I break glass, So for me, it's it's less risky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean if I heard for your banger is expensive, but it is, but then you can reuse it for a while. You know that's the point you'd keep them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, absolutely, But that's.
Speaker 3: The problem with me and glass. I've always been very bad with glass. I always break class.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't see.
Speaker 1: Like glass culture ever going away, especially with the rise of concentrates. I just see it becoming more expensive. I've hit, I've hit out of what was it half.
Speaker 3: You're seeing all the glass attachments for puff Coast. Now you're in these custom We talked about the ones for the Proxy but I mean, did you're seeing just even attachments for the the the puff, the regular ones, the peaks to make them dry hits now, you know, because they're like you want to dry hits boom, dry hitting hash.
Speaker 1: I don't know, No, it's it's wild and I don't expect it. I mean, I'm curious of what comes out in like five years from now within technology, probably like a cart that does I don't even know, I don't know to say rosin, but that's like Red's already there, so it's like what what what what else is there? You know, like maybe full melt carts, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I think it's just I mean, I think honestly, what they're gonna keep trying to do is like people are gonna match this O two technology where it's like really keeping the turf still of concentrates. Like I think that's all we're really gonna do is try to make it cheaper and compete with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: O two has found a good hack on those because those rosin carts do it taste really.
Speaker 3: And you could well you can hit them all the way to the end. That's kind of my big thing too, is because a lot of times. If you get a five to ten cart towards the end, it starts tasting not the same, you know, not as good, and that text just ahead, I mean glass e rigs. I mean technology just changed. I mean think about I mean, I don't know if we should jump into which which area where I want to go, but I always just think about technology behind, like solventless, Like how like it's obviously come a long way because how much I don't want to say how much cheaper it's got, but how much more affordable it's got, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. Like I remember when Rozen came out, it was like eighty to one hundred a g.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like that's because of competition though, you know that especially because of tech too, because I feel because back then people were only getting like two percent draw.
Speaker 3: Now you're hearing people like that, the text got better, the anologies got better, so they're pulling like eight percent now. I feel like they're also because people are pulling more.
Speaker 1: I think it go my opinion, maybe a little bit with the tech, but I think a lot of the rosin producers weren't on market yet. When it first came out, you had like three brands and it was about one hundred hundred twenty a g, and you didn't have growers growing specifically for solventlests. It wasn't that big. A lot of the big things were live resident diamonds. Yeah, I think of where we came from. We came from where it was shatter and crumble for the longest of time, and then it went saws, and then it went to your live resident, then your cured resin, then all these other types of concentrates' That's why I just kind of disagree with it. I kind of think it goes more with like I think of all the all the the people we've seen produce rosin have studied it for so long that they kind of know like what to look for and to grow what strains yield more. I think maybe the Osprey's probably helped. I don't know when that came around, but they were making rosin and Colorado years ago. So I think when you notice the tech of air they took it here, like you have low temp industries with shout out to Cliff, remember the guy who came on like that. They've been around for a while, So I think I think it goes with people understanding more on how to produce quality solvent lists like they've understand to get the fruit, the freeze dryer, you've understand and how to have quality product. If you put in bad stuff, you're gonna get bad product. That's that's just how it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And again I don't know if this is solventless in general like now, but I feel like you're just seeing so many different types of solvent lists with like I mean, I'm sure it's been around for a long time, you know, but it's it. I just think it's pretty crazy, especially now with like doughnuts on the rise, Like there's so many like rise of solvent lists, like I guess accessories to extinct, you know, and then even static tech. Look at static tech when we're talking about actually the technology behind it. It's getting cleaner and cleaner solvent list too. It's not solvent lists used to just be like, you know, a little bit more dirty. I guess I would say on the banger. Now you're getting cleaner and cleaner rods, and people are putting better, better in product because like I just think that people weren't investing a lot of time and money because they weren't pulling this great product they weren't pulling a lot.
Speaker 2: Now they're tech.
Speaker 3: With the tech being better and with the knowledge being better and then the product being better going into it, the concentrates are coming out better.
Speaker 1: And I just think solvings with a fold on not just even solventless, I think even your life resident.
Speaker 2: So that's a constrain. Yeah, yeah, I think you can't just say solvent less.
Speaker 3: Because I'm just focusing on solves. Now we can move to contentrats for sure. I just my brain goes solving less because I'm staring at no.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but I'm gonna good ware talking about it.
Speaker 2: I think about MJ Biscon how much the tech.
Speaker 1: Is growing, not in trade market in general. I think that stuff's even so clean nowadays. Like when we had Scottie on and he's talking, he's talking pretty much zer own purities and he's in his ship that's blasted with like your utane and shit. Going to that whole process, the closed loop and all that, I'm pulling everything out. I think that is what mind blows me, because ten years ago we were doing so much much bad poops, even if it wasn't poop soup. There's still concentrates weren't purge as good as they are. There weren't as clean as they are. There was no testing for it. So for me, I think those who have come so long, you're absolutely fun.
Speaker 3: Right, because I mean, do you think about how dangerous it was to make concentrates. People were blowing their fucking apartments. I literally know a friend with a cousin.
Speaker 2: Blew and his buddies blew up their apartment. Start. He was on the news and everything is like nuts because that shit was and that was common.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's what I'm saying. That'shy. I think that you're right. Tech has come a long way, and I think what goes with tech is education. I think people have learned on how to produce, and that goes for solventless and that goes for goes for concentrates in general, anything that's concentrated, and I think it's because education. People have done events, they've done seminars, they've talked about it, people are writing their knowledge. Hey, this is what I've done, this is what I've done, and you're starting to see that because definitely, concentrates throughout everywhere now with least in the state of Michigan, are very clean, like with testing and everything very very clean, and you go before twenty sixteen used to have shit getting recalled all the time, man, like when the when the when the laws first came out, so like people are coming out like and I and I say it because like not because Scotti is one of our partners. His concentrates very clean, like they're really good. And for the longest time, I would always think, man, how much but tane is left in this shit and you know it's still getting tested.
Speaker 2: But it's like nowadays you bring up a huge point that I even think about too.
Speaker 1: That shit just like zero nothing right, nada when you're getting that like but tang lung because they were smoking so much.
Speaker 2: But tank where you're like great.
Speaker 3: When you talk about education and concentrates in technology tech, it's like they are hand in hand because it's like, oh, we get smarter, we make tech a little bit better. Oh well that was a good well, that was a that was that tech did some cool shit.
Speaker 2: What if we did this right? So they kind of go hand in hand.
Speaker 1: But like.
Speaker 3: To bring it even more modern to what's going on right now in Michigan. Think about mct oils. We didn't we don't know we didn't know how bad the but tane was because we're like, oh, we're making concent rates, you know, like I bet you. I mean, I can't bet shit. I don't know if people even knew MCT was that dangerous. Write anything with the vitaminskede. People were just trying to cut shit with shit because like, eh, like they don't know what they're doing. They're trying to make money, and that's that's the problem, right because nothing was regulated, and like that's why I think education technology regulation. They all kind of grow together. Someone makes a mistake, this grows, like, you know.
Speaker 2: It all has to grow together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, that's a testing point. That's why I just kind of thought made me think of it.
Speaker 1: The MCT oil too, with that being gone, because that was just recalls right now. That was cutting the fucking bap excuse me, that was cutting the vape. So you were getting less of the actual cannabis and getting more of a fucking thinner, which isn't good in general, Like that's not what we want. So like brands that were doing that, Yeah, that'shit's getting recalled, which is good to see. I am happy to see that. And yeah, the metate like I'll take one little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm sure weren't smoking or anything. So I was like, I don't know if we weren't smoking in this episode or.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I don't know. Canada has been chilling, so I have.
Speaker 1: Been been odd. I've been odd since I have. I know it's weird because like, i'll smoke it. I'll smoke ahead of joint.
Speaker 2: He smoked before. We literally just smoked.
Speaker 3: When I was saying, he's not smoking, it's just then we started talking, so I didn't know if he wanted to keep out.
Speaker 2: You're good. I literally hit a joint.
Speaker 3: It's weird because usually you have like a pile pre rolled right here. So I was like, was like, where that weed? Well, I was just surpassed.
Speaker 1: I forget about it.
Speaker 2: I got weed. I rolled the joint for a change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I was like, what's that weed?
Speaker 2: Because it wasn't can't.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know, going going back to the we question, but the other day I hit it. I hit a joint like three times and literally fell asleep on the couch mid day. I'm like not liking it. I'll be straight up on.
Speaker 3: He's like not liking it, meaning like because it's so high so quick.
Speaker 1: Or I'm just getting like really tired, and I'm like this weird, this doesn't happen, like it didn't happen to me.
Speaker 2: No, literally, I could smoke, dude.
Speaker 1: I just smoked like four or five joints in a day from like three o'clock to nine o'clock, ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, I mean took a lot of Time's got to build if I.
Speaker 2: Get a day down.
Speaker 1: And I'm not trying to be like, oh poor me, poor me.
Speaker 3: No, you just gotta work on your tin. You gotta smoke a whole points. I'm just saying, that's what you gotta do. Man, there get lit.
Speaker 2: I know, well that's how it happens. And then I just like, I don't know, I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm just like moving and going. Sometimes the mid day stuff can be tough.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: I just I was just shocked that that happened to me, and I was like, this is annoying for me. Yeah, I know, it's like, yeah, I should roll, but I'll probably smoke after this episode.
Speaker 2: No, No, we did smoke.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, I'm just you, it doesn't matter. But anyways, we're talking about concentrates. I think it was what we were last thing we were talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we were talking about the MCT oil and how that.
Speaker 2: That's what you were talking about.
Speaker 1: Get that stuff out of the market because they're cutting that. That's due to like seeing results of how bad it was to happen to people too, and think about this too, like we're talking like, uh tech, this is going to another sector. It's not concentrates, but talking about like innovation within like the pre roll industry. Like there's machines, not automation, machines that can do ten thousand pre rolls in like five ten minutes.
Speaker 3: And then well you look at these machines and you're like do it today. These gotta made car axles because they're fucking huge.
Speaker 2: And that's just a pre roll thing.
Speaker 3: But I mean, granted you can get the little ones that just did the shake ones like the tet there's so much to.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I'm actually gonna change the topic head because that's a big topic head is just automation.
Speaker 2: Change back to E Riggs.
Speaker 1: No, I'm automation because I was gonna talk about automation with edibles as well too, because now you have. You have machines that can literally cut break it out into packaging, throw the eight pieces into a package. Boom boom eight boom boom.
Speaker 2: Well dude, and then you have I mean you have.
Speaker 3: I I look at it from two perspectives, like the hand the hand touch on like trimming and the hand touch on a lot of things makes sense, But like, I don't know if it's worth to pay someone to pack pre rolls. It might be the same ship if you just put shake new machine, right, Like I understand trimming rich is like the automatic trimmers because you're not messed with the heads. The look is all ugly, right, you're losing try TC right, there's all these levels like and the budget.
Speaker 2: Looks better right off hand trim shit.
Speaker 3: So I think that's worth the investment, right, But is it worth it when you're just doing shake into it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that would be better for someone that works in the industry.
Speaker 1: In that in that sector, bigger businesses use it. I think the smaller ones would still use like where you could do the shake.
Speaker 3: So you said gourmet, right, is that you're someone what you just said earlier gourmet? I thought you said gourme, I said, botique boutique, but even boutique. See, when you get a hand rolled joint, it's got that nice like like what's shout out my dude, fat Andy rolls right like his.
Speaker 2: Ship, Yeah dude, h yeah, but the hand rolled ship is boutique.
Speaker 3: That is like like a a thing. But like when you're talking like these little fucking cone things, like I don't know if it's worth paying someone, That's what I mean, Like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: No, do absolutely when the machine's pushing out ten thousand on him like.
Speaker 3: A shout out Andy, he can roll for light scure like you said, like, but like you know, there's.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on what your brand's going for, right, are you going more for that boutique or you're going just to push out the pre rolls. In either way it is totally fine because like, because pre rolls are pre rolls, people are gonna buy them. And I think when you have a big business, you are going to go for the machines because you can you can pull back on some of the cost of hiring someone to continue to packpackpack because of the machine you literally put the butt in, it grinds it up. Then it shit, puts it down into shake, which then goes into your pre roll thing, all the pre rolls, and I think even the machine puts in the cones too, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: No, literally, you're just like basically dumping drot into like a bucket and then you walk away like and like days right, and then like there's so many there were so many different machines that MJ Biscon you can get basically had, like like you said, they just all sizes and shapes like it's.
Speaker 1: It's magnificent to see where it's come from. Because back when I was working in the bud tender days and you're buying pre rolls, there was no machine. I mean you had the little shape boxes that you would have like twenty four cone once you put in there and then you would rub the shake on top, and well that's when you get.
Speaker 3: You would tell me you spend like half the day rolling joints and just just doing that.
Speaker 2: All day, and I was like, oh God, damn it, yeah, dude, like it's just like sick, but it is. That's insane.
Speaker 1: And I've seen machines of people using for edibles to break out edibles and then the only good thing about that is like what you said is it's less hand touching. You have less contamination at that point of people touching the butts, licking a joint, packing the joint, touching a bunch of edibles, dropping edible putting.
Speaker 3: I said, those hand rail joints are a boutique thing, and I and now we got glues and all that stuff, So it's not even that big of a deal, right you said, Like when you first started, you were always like, we've got a hand roll joint from the dispo at in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: You're like, hmm, that's your saliva. You knew what it was.
Speaker 3: You just bought it and you smoked it, but was happy to buy it, right, I don't care who ain't rags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is super lemon cush Let me get yeah, I'll take three please.
Speaker 2: Oh man, dude, But that's automation has changed a lot of the game.
Speaker 3: But that's like, honestly, like, well, okay, let me ask you if you were just talk about automation at MJ Bison, how much do you think how many boots, how many percentage of boosts you think you're talking automation.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say my answer that we didn't even get into automation into growing. We didn't even get automation in it.
Speaker 2: We're not that yet.
Speaker 1: We'll get that goes with autio.
Speaker 2: No, we're there, We're going there, We're going there.
Speaker 1: I even got top fifty.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Because if you talk about growing, you got water aster, you got watering, like troll Master, I can I take into them. I can literally tune up my uh humidity CO two levels, my VP vp D. I think it is not VPN. So you're pretty much control your own atmosphere a whole with the click on your phone. Like you could go.
Speaker 3: Our buddy, use our buddy, our buddy, buddy body everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh sweet, I could got my temperatures eight a seventy eight degrees with as sixty percent humilit humidity with the water contents. And this is like.
Speaker 3: Huh no, but like it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's now people are going for.
Speaker 2: It's like propelling, like what it's called, you're able to make.
Speaker 3: I just think about watering, and I understand again handwatering has its advantages because every plant's a little different, right like, and I do think that has its own perks when I hear where you talk about when you're coming to like when you're trying to make competition level cannabis, right, but again you're trying to make just very quality stuff at scale.
Speaker 2: You need to probably have this a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even I mean, or you can have someone running irrigation or having a team, but even then they're hand watering.
Speaker 2: But that's I mean, that's overhead, right, it is.
Speaker 1: And automation's there. I mean, whether we like it or not. Automation from AI, automation from working in the car in AI, dude, man different there's there's automations here to help. It doesn't take away from stuff, it just helps you.
Speaker 3: Well, I think about AI and I think about online orders and stuff, like when you're thinking about now where like Dutchy's at you if you really think about automation on the like the uh and now we're going back to not just growing now we're gonna switch back from because we've started like in the grow like the massive just operating. Yeah, I have some user stuff because when you can talk about what Duchy's doing now, so we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like growing now like with the technology think about Michigan we're seed to sail. You know, back in the medical day, when it was just caregivers dropping off overages, there's no seed to sell. You didn't have one plant and you had the five hundred grams or two thousand grams come from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah solid, And before it was just like okay, what.
Speaker 1: It is, what it is. Now people are trying to hit numbers. That's why you have to have these automations. You need your optimal grow environment. If you don't have the perfect growing environment, you're not gonna yield the best. You're not going to yield the best. You're not gonna yield the most.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a huge fact.
Speaker 1: I noticed that all the time when I have stuff dropped, I don't I don't do I don't have all of the fine tune like this, And I do it based off of yeah, man, all the money in the world, man, And if I eventually, if I ever get in the market, yeah, I'll get the troll master. And my buddy's been telling me about it for a year. I just like, I just haven't bought it, set it all up. But nowadays though, I have like, what's it called the ac infinity. Man, That shit's the sickest. I could put a carbon filter with a fan blowing in and out. I can hit a level of humidity and temperature that I want and if it's higher, it pushes out harder, and if it's lower doesn't push out as high. Yeah, man, I mean that is how much is that that helps you out as a grown dude? But this is what you're I mean, how many grows have we met? Is it just like a family op?
Speaker 3: Like you couldn't do the things we do without the automation. And that's why I like the big thing is, like I think some people fear automation in the sense of it's gonna take my job, right, But at the same time, it's it's been and it dick my dirty right.
Speaker 2: South Park, but shout out always.
Speaker 3: But but the thing is, it's really really the machines have always been there, you know, and they've been helping us, and if they do replace us, then we just.
Speaker 2: Have to evolve with that with that type of automation.
Speaker 3: Now do I think every Like I said, I don't think it's a good idea to automate everything?
Speaker 2: Can you though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can, but you still need to be around it because you still need the person to touch them on.
Speaker 2: You can operate the look at it. Is it healthy?
Speaker 1: It's not healthy, because sometimes you could have a machine say someone's healthy, and it's still.
Speaker 2: Run the machine. You have to understand.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that you can run at a job, you know, a Class A or Class BE grow with not as many people as people think. That's what's crazy to me is once we go in these grows and I'm expecting like teams and teams of people and it's really.
Speaker 2: Just like auto watering.
Speaker 3: So they are the machines, you know, granted, people are operating those machines and watching every plant adjusting those machines. It's not there's no humans, it's just you know, it's just crazy to think when you're at that level like you, I don't think you could handwater if you had a fifteen hundred plant like grow operation right like, that would be very hard, you know, doing it every day, a lot of work, amount of paying people do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, you would be paying people do But think about this though, think about like Athena and all these grows that you really just plug in the numbers. You have giant freaking what do you call those those water things and you filled up with the nutrients and it shoots it out and automatically waters the plants. Like you don't have to do anything, just feed that. You just feed the the well.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, like you said, besides the old school, but like I feel like a lot ninety percent grows out there.
Speaker 2: Auto watering like you.
Speaker 3: Couldn't helps you couldn't well, especially when you're doing rooms of the same plant. Essentially, you know, you really do know the optimal health environment, and you're like, that's what I'm gonna give it. And if a couple of plants, you know, it's a percentage game at that point, right, some we're gonna wait, some we're gonna lose. Yeah, but my my big one hundred percent agree, dude. The automation a level at grows is getting silly. And and even when like what we were talking about a little bit, I forget last podcast, last stream, something like that we mentioned just kind of like that was taking joke growing for dummies, right like.
Speaker 1: Between the Gayest Saturday Waken Ninetyames tune in Nice Plug.
Speaker 3: What I was gonna say is like kind of like growing for dummies in this not just a book but I'm talking about like people are making soil, you know, and you know, bless those motherfuckers because people like me, they don't know what they're doing. That's a great way to start, like basically like here's how to grow, here's exactly how to feed it, and here's.
Speaker 2: Your and your plant turns out again.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it turns out to be that a plus plus game changing bud.
Speaker 2: We had a discussion about that. It can be.
Speaker 3: We talked and people in the chat we're talking about a lot about luck with genetics and time environment, and honestly, that makes sense, and you gotta know what you're doing, you know, you do.
Speaker 1: Try to get that that like similarism to a troll masters, because if you can pipe in everything that's given you a.
Speaker 3: Think about it, that means people who don't really even know how to grow bud could go grab something like Athena with like here's how to here's what to give it, and then over automate, automate, automate, automate, you.
Speaker 2: Go halfway decent bud. You know, maybe don't even know how to grow. Like that's what's crazy about automation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what's crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Like, did you grow pretty good bud? Is not that hard? If you have money nowadays to.
Speaker 3: Grow excellent bud, I think will always be a challenge. Pretty good I still think you're gonna go dude, I mean.
Speaker 1: No, because even after you grow it, you know why people mess up to grow or the dry and the trim cycle.
Speaker 2: No, no, I can't say it's easy because.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying easy. It's just it's become easier, that's all. I wasn't saying easy. I didn't say easy. I said it becomes so much easy. I guess I meant to say it's become a lot easier. If I said easy, I apologize. But because I say it's not, it's not like I then back in the day, that's why everyone grew crap because it was hard. Today the blow level is still like, I mean sure, it's still not that.
Speaker 1: I think you're still gonna have to learn how to grow good bud because there's a lot of big brands out there that have money, that have automation. That's still that.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: To be competitive, you need to understand past, and you need to understand what's going on with the plant.
Speaker 1: You need to understand how to dry and cure your butt like.
Speaker 3: You Day is so right with that ending, though, you're right, we've seen people have beautiful butt off the plan.
Speaker 2: Then it doesn't even smell that good. I've even done that. If you fuck up the dry you destroys the whole product. Macka Malana.
Speaker 1: No, that was just that strange.
Speaker 3: That's just messing around. Well just never real gave that smell. And I always thought it was fraud.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It looked amazing.
Speaker 1: I cut it, I did everything high.
Speaker 3: Looked like if you took a picture of it, damn, try combs, but that would probably would have washed real nice.
Speaker 1: But it was more like a hazel nut coffee. And it wasn't even like coffee. I don't know, it was weird.
Speaker 2: It was different the whole point.
Speaker 1: I thought that was like, that's I'm saying, though it was, It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't based off drying. It was just literally the plant. That's back to drying. But yeah, drying is huge. That's literally you could you set up a plant, you grow up from seed to flowering. You're looking at what three four months if you're not rushing the process because you know, two month flower cycle minimum, and then from seedling and then you least want to vege it for four weeks like a quarter of the year, and then you chop it and you don't try it properly, or you don't and you rush the cure, so you try it in five days, seven days, six days. I like to go longer. It'll taste like hey, it'll smell like hey, what you gonna do with it? At that point? That point you pretty much you better just make concentrates at that point or put into edibles, which is fine, but like.
Speaker 3: Put that booth of my constant at that point. It is kind of just it's it's trash that boof into my turps off. I don't want flavorless turfs broh waite Off.
Speaker 2: I know, but it's why you have six dollars concentrates in a cart. How cheap is that?
Speaker 1: No? I've been seeing I've been seeing some brands that are reputable brands able to get their prices down for like cheaper pre rolls that are consumer friendly, like eight dollars of pre roll. You know what I'm saying. It's just that's just where the market's at. So I've noticed that some brands you're able to do it, and they produce some good quality products. So I'm not gonna hate on all brands on it, but it does it does make your way some of the poop does make your way into that stuff though, So but yeah, that's that's my tip on not my tip, but that's some of the stuff tip.
Speaker 3: Hang on, no, I got no at your insight. Yeah, you know it makes sense. All right, let's let's let's let's automation. I feel like we could just go on and on about honestly.
Speaker 2: Pretty damn long. What's the future of automation? Like now you don't even have anybody there. It's just like push a bun.
Speaker 1: You have a grow One more last thing auto, then I robot happened.
Speaker 3: One more last thing about automation. There was so much turning keys grow ups. Turning key grow ups was a big thing last year, So I mean, how much more can you get automated?
Speaker 2: Then here's your grow.
Speaker 1: That was like when I bought my super closet.
Speaker 3: So remember there was all those like growing They had like shipping container ones, and they had the ones that were like giant They'll come to you and build like a body.
Speaker 1: I think that was kind of sick because like, if you didn't have enough money property and you dropped that bitch on there.
Speaker 2: How much more automated can you get? Hey, I got laying, I got money, make that mole.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even do it for the automation. I would use half a lumbation and then probably handwater in there.
Speaker 2: So if you had, dude, if I had money, you know what I would do. Hire someone like you. That's all I would do.
Speaker 3: But I know i'd buy the land, I'd put the grow up and just go find a master grower.
Speaker 2: Like my money, you'll get.
Speaker 1: A lot of resumes twenty years.
Speaker 3: But that's my point in twenty nice And that's what I'm just saying though, like that's what would happen like that, But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's where we're getting.
Speaker 3: And I think that's kind of why this side of automation is happening because they're realizing, like a lot of the master growers is that are good at it don't even have the money to get there. So like sometimes that turn key is nice. It's like, I mean, I'm not going to sidetrack too much, but I mean, dude, you can go buy a house a tiny home on Amazon nowadays.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like you, automation is the future of everything. That's just where we're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just affecting.
Speaker 1: That's what I robot Tesla robot does your grow.
Speaker 3: But one thing I want to think about then it turns on you cannabis, culture and technology. What other topics that we want to talk about, because I feel like automation is just a huge part of it, and like I feel like we dubbed depth into that for like twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: Minutes honestly, like I saw in Italy. Yeah, we saw those in m J Biscon we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're right, we did see them.
Speaker 1: I think those will continue to come up, especially as like the.
Speaker 2: I don't even know topic would be. I'm just bringing up something I think. Sure.
Speaker 1: I just think that we'll see more of it because I think Detroit major cities.
Speaker 3: On the go cannabis purchases on the go machine hit it and go no. I mean because we had the verification nowadays and like we used to be able to cigarettes.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just feel like there's some.
Speaker 3: Like you know, I think the next step, well, I feel like that's almost like the final step because imagine if you could just place one of those, like you said, right outside the football stadiums. Yeah, and then you got was that take a two by two by space, like a two foot two of.
Speaker 2: Space, not much literally, but I had was this big.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean to compare a little America, Japan runs off vanding machines ef vening machines all over the place. I mean, you're just adding in, like I mean, Europe has them, obviously not as everywhere, but has them, you know, like you said with can CB hemp stuff.
Speaker 1: Plus you don't have to wait to see it's more quick on the go, you already have it. You could do that for cigarettes at some places, right, they used to have those. I just I could see people just going to a venue machine like it'said sporting event concert just downtown in the city, like going hitting and buying boom, pulling out your pack and going. You know, I'm not saying it's gonna have all the great product. You're not gonna be able to check test date in everything like that, but you'll still be able to see product. You'll be like, oh cool, here's old schol organics. Let me get that sour runs, click it, buy it boom. You know what I'm saying. I just it's just crazy. I think I think you we will see some of that moving forward. Like think about any machines at work, man, those are huge for snacks. Yeah, Dad, I get a venue machine at the movie theater twenty one to oh get some gummies. I don't see that happening, but like you never know, you never know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, so I think venny machines will be something that we see more of even this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and going with culture, you know, talking culture in cannabis, I think like we're gonna see more celebrities and sporting sport.
Speaker 2: But I know what you're saying. I mean, we've seen a.
Speaker 1: Lot of that, Carmelo Anthony a lot of times.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I, I mean, you're gonna see it, but unless it's real and you have like a real love for Calaris and I understand, and then there's a few examples we can make examples. That's not my point. I feel like there's a lot of people who just throw their name on it, and so I feel like that's always for me, that's always been like depending on the story, that's I just don't really care.
Speaker 1: I just see that continuing within the culture because they've everyone smoked weed back in the day and now they're doing new ventures and they're coming into market and they're going with new brands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I think that at.
Speaker 1: Who they align with, who grows their product. If you pick up a shitty grower, then yeah, your products going to also.
Speaker 2: But also just what.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to say, it just shows how much they really care about that. You know, at the end of the day, you know, someone like Al Harrington and someone like you know Megatron, right, Rob Simms, these people.
Speaker 2: Who have a real story in their heart.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, I'm just focusing on those few because who I think and who I met like or who I've talked to, right, Or that one guy we ran into.
Speaker 2: Quickly in Vegas who had that story. The other football guy we never got him on the podcast.
Speaker 1: We meant Ricky Williams a high time. Yeah, he literally quit the NFL to smoke.
Speaker 2: We talked to him briefly.
Speaker 3: Like when you just you meet them and there's there's a certain story behind them. Absolutely, I love that because what it does is that's showing you these people that you looked up to and idolize were doing something you should just be cool with, you know, And that's what causes normalization.
Speaker 2: Helps with normalization.
Speaker 3: I feel like when someone just goes and throws their name on weed and then you don't give a shit about it and you're just collecting your money, Like that's where it's kind of like, I don't know if that's helping culture at.
Speaker 1: All, you know, mm hmm, no, I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: So I mean celebrity, I mean.
Speaker 1: I just I don't think it's going to stop in some tombs. You see them getting into marketing more and more areas, and more and more of them are continuing to talk about it. So that's what reminding you. I mean, I think there's some that, yeah, they do suck and some of the products not good. Like Lil Wayne when he came in with Gouquah here and he collabed with the brand here, it was absolutely horrible, like it was trash.
Speaker 3: And that's my whole point, Like you can look up to these people whenever, but when you do that like that, celebrities don't help when that cannabis culture when it comes to like stuff like that, Right, But when it comes down to like, well, look at like people who like Jim blueshoes at every event, cares and has it helping people's life stuff like that, Like or like I said, al haring Chin and then Megatron rhyp sims.
Speaker 2: That's when you're like yeah, cool, hell yeah run it. So I'm kind of.
Speaker 3: Like mixed with the celebrity thing. I don't really necessarily carry one way or the other because sometimes it's cool.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's not, like so.
Speaker 3: It's not like I can really sit here, but ro I'm all for celebrities, I'm not first, I'm I don't kind of neutral, you know what I mean. I just more or less got to take him circumstantially, you know, because I've also, you know, seen some people throw some names on brands and then tried and was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, whoop do you do? Yeah, like you know, and it was like I think it's more of money, but when you have the brain, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: I don't want to I'm not trying to call out celebrities today because like, honestly, I doubt you'll hear it, but I want you to hear this because.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk shit.
Speaker 3: It's like about that because because like i'll bring up off the air, but I remember one of the worst products we ever had was like a celebrity one in Vegas, the parking lot pure black smoke. It was just I don't know, I don't you remember. It was just so discussing. We'll talk about it after all, I know, Okay, I see. It was just again, like I love the celebrities, so I'm not gonna talk shit about It's like right, but that's I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're like, is that good for culture?
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, like it goes back and forth, because sure it normalizes, but like when it's just when they're just some money making things, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't really advance. Like I give them a story, I'm not really.
Speaker 1: I don't like I give them the point that they partnered with a bad company that grows bad product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you have.
Speaker 1: You got to find the right partner in my mind, and that you're right, that's a huge thing. Or you do your own brands like the Blushi, the Megatron, the Al Harrington.
Speaker 2: And that's why I said, these people seem to really add.
Speaker 1: Their own brands. When you start your own brand, then you're you're the one cultivating. You're the one finding the growers, the one finding the people that make your concentrates or your topical.
Speaker 2: Well, they're changing the game, these people.
Speaker 3: I mean shout out to Megatron and Primitive because, like I'll be honest, I do like, like my day job, Mike is doing like audio and video recording, streaming and stuff and the corporate events and stuff like that. And he came and spoke at a very corporate event about Primitive and I was like hell yeah. And sure everyone was there for Lions, but I was like, hell yeah, you know what I mean, let's go groovey understands what's going on right now for a goddamn change.
Speaker 2: I thought this was gonna be football and I was just gonna zone out, you know. I was like, hell yeah, But when you're you're bringing That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: These people have this beautiful middle area to be like, oh, you liked me this whole time. I smoke weed, and they're like, oh shit, then I like weed too, like and that's and that's where they get him. And it's it's almost like gotcha, bitch, But like, and that's why I said I'm not knocking Snoop. I love that he has like you know, death row and I liked his bud but at least the one strain the crip keeper that that bub was good, right like you got.
Speaker 2: An eighth Yeah, so that this stuff was good right well?
Speaker 3: Like whatever you know, Snoop smokes weed, We're always like, yeah, okay, that makes sense, Like it's not he's really changing the game, like you know that motherfuckers everywhere. First off, that guy just count calm bread. I think he makes more money than he breathes. It's in the same he's got to be just bleeding money. Like but oh on before we go in, and I want to talk one more thing at least before we go I guess too far off track? How would I say this? So because there's like chats, there's like speaking of celebrities, this kind of aligns with it because it's all about how about this exclusivity.
Speaker 2: Exclusivity.
Speaker 3: It's like exclusivity because you have exclusive drops, if you know, you know type of turbs.
Speaker 2: Like when was it ice wear vessel or something?
Speaker 3: Did it like a drop that you had to like get a prescription for it or something you had to like buy an eighth of pressure pack and you got like the card, we got it for going to an event, and then you had to like then turn the cart in during a certain time to get the eighth It was so exclusive.
Speaker 2: I think exclusivity has not.
Speaker 3: That no, I never did, but I forget I was busy, But exclusivity has become such a thing man, Like especially you and me, We'll see like, oh it's a limited drop.
Speaker 1: We're like, yeah, you don't want to miss out. Well, it's like or Whona's dropped doing a drop. Like both those brands do drops and they sell out instantly. They're so you they're so unique and you don't know when you're gonna get those flavors. Guy. That was like when Archive did that maple something that we liked, we got we did it the.
Speaker 2: Hash bash black maple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that came out and now it's now it's back in like rotation for them, but like it came out as allocated drop at first.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's kind of like.
Speaker 3: A testing like let's see does it drop? Like yeah, because we also it's probably like small limited terps. Like I think some of these exclusivity is because they have to Like I don't have a lot of this, so we got to sell this five hundred.
Speaker 2: But sometimes that is the ship that smacks man.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and plus then if you're a dab or you're like I need that, or you're a smoker, I need that flour like I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You want some of those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll try. It's good again. If you're looking for a new healthy drink, check out.
Speaker 3: Honestly we should just we're a little Wow, we're forty five minutes and we've been smoking through this. But while we're here, shout out Old Score Organics, shout out cannoby Extract, shout out Kinship cannabis Co, shout out High nine, and always shout out Canvas Resource Workers Resource.
Speaker 2: That's fam.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just love this, man, because it is very healthy for you. It's hydrate with coconut water ten millograms a delta ninetiercit which isn't gonna get you like whoa, you know what I'm saying, and no way out of sugar. It's only got not that much sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and again love it, love it, love that. But exclusivity, you know, I just think that is a big thing. What's happening, you know? And then I mean in like because it's it's it's it's kind of always been a thing in cannabis culture and tech. But I like, even like static tech with technology, it's not exclusivity, but it's like if you know, you know about static tech and your terps are even cleaner.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like if a flex you know, it's Cannabis culture has always kind of been on like kind of.
Speaker 2: That flex shit, like oh I got this ship, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, whether it's like I got better terps, my shit hit harder, right, it's always kind of a flex. So when you have it like cleaner bud or whatever, you can flex all organic.
Speaker 2: Right, that that's kind of what sets you apart.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's why I think exclusivity and the culture that kind of aligns, you know, because like when you don't have what I have that and that, then I want it.
Speaker 2: I want to smoke that shit that you got.
Speaker 1: Because everyone wants that fire pack. It's exotics fire.
Speaker 3: Gas, and we can all be like, no, I don't care, you do you're curious? Like trust me, because even if I don't care about like oh, like when runs was like oh, but I was still like, here's what it tastes like like you know what I mean, you're as a smoker, like you're still like kind of into it, Like I'm always into that type of stuff because I do like those exclusive drops.
Speaker 2: Let me try, I like ship.
Speaker 1: I mean when they have them with donuts, when they have them with anything. I'm curious, curious, curiosity about because then if you fall, if you miss it, and everyone talks about it, you're like, oh no.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine if I would have never tried GMO, like right, like my whole URP experience would have been different, Like that would be interesting, right, But that's what I'm just trying to make a point. Like maybe that's not as exclusive as what we're doing about now, but just in general, you brought up that.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think the exclusivity goes with collabs to collaborations. When they come around and they hit those special collabs, dude, sometimes there's just something different about them. And when you can bring two together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll look at the Lilac cookies. Man like that wasn't his cultivator, right.
Speaker 3: But he didn't have those terps, and he's like maybe he would never even want to buy that URP, you know, what I mean. Maybe he was like, eh, like cookie, whatever I put it. I'm not putting words in his mouth, but I'm just saying like, you don't know what he wants. But then he's like, oh, let's try this collab and then boom, magic happens.
Speaker 2: So you're right. I think.
Speaker 1: I think collabs are always going to be part of the future. It's on, It's gonna be the thing that's continues.
Speaker 2: Camus culture is about collabs.
Speaker 1: Dude, celebrations. Baby, That's how some of the best genetics were creating. I mean, I know Berner and Jabez are in a lawsuit right now, but they created some of the best genetics together. Not the best example, but no, they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think like I think Exotic and Soul have done collabs. Oh yeah, you think of a lot of the genetics out there, people have collabbed. Who else is the other woman? What the hell's his name? I have to picture his face right now. He's headed up, like, uh not Cipher genetics. He did the I think he's the gastro pop compound Genetics and Burner. They've done some good stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, and you're just talking genetics. Think about even locally.
Speaker 3: Man. Oh right, we talked about the North Coast. They're the collabe. I mean there's always collapse. I mean kinchip collabs. Everyone collabs, man, Because in the industry, I think people know, especially like when you're a good grower, it's like you meet someone who does good processing, Like that's magic, right, someone.
Speaker 2: Who does good ebels, that's magic, right, that's money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like you think about it, collas is a big seed junk. You think cookies, you think exotic, and all these seeds aren't cheap, man, They're you're paying for. You're paying for a good female that's hopefully gonna be a game changer. And then when you collab with it, oh damn, you can buy some compound genetics right now. Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, man, this has been pretty good. I've been really enjoying just talking about like the what.
Speaker 3: Is the cannabis culture, what does the future look like of cannabis culture? And tech?
Speaker 2: Because there is so much that overlaps. And I'm glad because I wanted to do tech.
Speaker 3: And he's like, let's talk culture, and we're like about tech and culture, like because they do overlap, like and like, I mean, let me ask you any like final pretty ditions maybe because we're about to go to what's it called. It's kind of in December, like like a month from now, pretty much right, maybe five weeks, six weeks, five weeks because like I mean like and I'll put a question mark because there and none.
Speaker 2: This has to be facts, right, final predictions. But like I'm just curious.
Speaker 1: I can still popping off a j yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm curious if we'll see like I wonder if there are I never really paid attention.
Speaker 2: There's got to be a blanking.
Speaker 3: But like technology collaborations too, like you know, and even coming together like that. I just was thinking like they I don't know if you ever see that, but that was coming off the collaborations. That's not my final thoughts.
Speaker 2: Sorry I haven't, but I was just wanted to ask you final thoughts because I.
Speaker 1: Was then buying companies like Illumine who I grow my lights, but they don't collaborate gues.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I am curious, like I love like what Athena did with that box for culture tissue. I'd love to keep seeing that be a thing, whether it's even more compact, because I know, like as much as that's like cheap.
Speaker 2: It still is like what five grand, two grand? I don't really know the Jews. Yeah, it's still I mean, it's still it's still.
Speaker 3: Costs a little bit, right, But like what if we get down to the one where there's af F one where you can just keep fourge on X right, Like, like, I don't really know what the future looks like because because there's there's you know, of course, when you're an MJ Biscon, people are talking the big grows and stuff, but like, you know, there's a bunch of like you know, caregivers, home grows and like like even smaller licenses, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Not everyone who grows fifteen hundred plans. Some people just go five, you know. So that's what I think.
Speaker 3: That's why automation is good on different levels. I think all these other things are on different levels. So I actually don't know what we're gonna see this year.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because like I said, last year was turn key dispos How much more automated can you get?
Speaker 1: I think you'll continue to see more and more of that, That's all. That's what I mean by that. I think we'll see You're gonna you know, see how big automation is now. I think they'll try to make the machines smaller, make them less expensive, but put out more work. You know, the machines are huge, but let's compact those machines to make them boom small.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: I guess that's the good prediction because what you're saying, plus what I said prosumer I want to see.
Speaker 2: I think that's where we're gonna start.
Speaker 3: Because right now you're seeing like expensive shit and you're seeing like at home shit, Like I want to kind of see that middle ground. So like when I'm in audio, there's pro pro pro shit, which you're talking like the fifteen hundred dollars speakers, and then there's like the consumer ship, which is the few hundred dollars two hundred dollars speakers, and then there's like that prosumer, which is like above your consumer level, but like not quite pro level. You're like eight hundred like or whatever. I guess that wasn't a best range, but that's what I'm trying to say. Maybe we're seeing more of that, like you said, that value for cheaper stuff but still putting out quality.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's not the promer.
Speaker 1: Big those big, those big ceilings for those machines, you know, they might not know and they might cost too much to even try to get it. So bringing that price down, I just maybe we'll see more kiosks. Who knows. Yeah, maybe it was just automation of donut rolling, you know, fuck who knows?
Speaker 3: Man like measuring infusing methods, because injections basically.
Speaker 1: I saw people drop drops the pre roll into keif and comes out. It's fully key if you don't have to use anybody's literally machine go boom, come out, comes out, comes out like think about that, but then throwing it wrapped in live residin or having a machine homogenized rosin and flour together so you're not using I mean, there's like one machine that does everything. Yeah, imagine any constraint. You plug it in and you go okay.
Speaker 2: Because there's the specter gadget of weed.
Speaker 1: Dude, there's those, there's those automation machines for contract secho. Do you want sauce? Do you want constant? Do you want diamonds? Do you want this? And you can trust the boat and it does it for it turns it to what it is and even going to that that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just all wild.
Speaker 1: You're like, what it's.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: You're like, huh, you got it, we got it, we can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm curious.
Speaker 1: There'll be a lot. We'll obviously recap everything we'll get back from biscoonfre y'all well and.
Speaker 3: Ye check out to follow the stories Michanic Cast, Groovy Music, two Reason and why canadate everywhere because you'll we'll all be posting different things, collaps.
Speaker 2: Facts follow us for the Biscon stuff. I have some.
Speaker 3: I got a gig next week on the west side of the state at the Grassy Knoll. If you want to come out. Oh my god, I said next week. Wow, Uh, yep, this Friday, two days from now.
Speaker 2: Wow. AnyWho, It's been a busy couple weeks. Really excited. Shout out.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of great like uh uh, cannabis sponsors and stuff. Go check comp please come check it out. Salt these playing so a little bit of the disco right there and walking distance.
Speaker 2: You can go smoke, hang out brands and hang out and listen to music. It'll be a vibe. It's thing is till eleven. That's what I think. It's six.
Speaker 3: I think I'm on at six. I'm pretty sure it's like four to eleven. I'll repost it. Go follow me on the Groovy Musics and my cant guess I'll do another post so and then yeah, and also tomorrow will be at the Metric Mash. If you're gonna be there, messages let us know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll let us. We'll be there.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Be a fun event. They got tons of rolling stessions, So give me a donut.
Speaker 2: I'll always be playing. That's Dave.
Speaker 1: I'll take a donut.
Speaker 3: He's like a pre road out mold relegs.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 2: They'll be there at seven of two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking forward to that. That'll be fun event. We will be live Saturday, nine am Eastern, so make sure you wake up and bake up with us. We always have a good chat. Like Groovy said, we were talking, we're talking about growing and having in depth conversations, so come in. We'll be live on YouTube, Instagram, maybe Facebook this week LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just step back from the Facebook for allow bags thinking.
Speaker 1: We tried it again. Yeah, it's been it's been a long time. Yeah, we got a I thought about it yesterday. And other than that, make sure you give us a review on Spotify or Apple wherever you listen to us, give us five stars, hit us that five star, appreciate that I was doing something analytics the other night. And Spotify, I think we got twenty one five stars, so thank you everyone who's giving us a five star. I thenk we got eleven on Apple, so thank you six stars. And then also thank you if everyone's following us. We hit over twenty five hundred followers on ig which might not seem like a lot, but it's a slow grind with your shadow band because systemly, so, I honestly appreciate everyone. Everyone takes time out of the day to follow us, comment on our post message us, hate, love, whatever it is, I appreciate you. Yeah, No, honestly and either.
Speaker 2: Way we appreciate Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Is right groovy. I wish it's always around the creativity flow like this man. Some days he's got he does.
Speaker 2: This is it's true?
Speaker 1: Other than that man, great episode. Appreciate you tuning in. Shout out to the partners again, Old Scorganics, Kinship, can it be extracts high nine, thank you for supporting Noble School the first and Old School again. And it is always We're here to advocate and inspire the next time, y'all