Speaker 1: Get ready.
Speaker 2: May one, twenty twenty six, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. Does that mean it's May day? Hell, I don't remember anyway. It is what it is, It was what it was, and it going to be what it going to be. It is Friday, and therefore the open mic, and that means you can call in and join us. Now. I thought about doing a news show this week, but as soon as I started digging into the news and realized that the guy who shot at Trump or tried to shoot at Trump or whatever it was he was doing with his manifesto and telling people his truly left wing, disjointed insanity that makes no sense to anybody, but I guess him, and why he had to go after Trump and the weird reaction and Trump continuing to eat his salad, and of course the conspiration theories began. But the fact that some reports say this guy also was like one of the people that drove I don't know, the missing lady. Remember that news story that sort of disappeared from the news cycle. Somebody's mom went up and disappeared, And this guy allegedly drove somebody involved in that situation somewhere at some time and you start saying to yourself, no wonder everybody's a conspiracy theorist anymore. Anyways, that's weird enough on top of every other piece of weirdness this week, and hey, here we are still trying to breathe. So I've continued on with the interesting program a couple of quick announcements at the top of the show before I turned it over to my cost to see how he's doing.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: Maria Heller, who had the longest running you know, talk show podcast I do believe in internet history if somebody really wants to keep the history of this thing, because she started twenty six years ago in the year two thousand, which I think Lenosanak claims to have begun in two thousand and two thousand and one as well. But anyway, one of the longest running podcasts in podcast reality is no more because Maria has decided to say enough is enough after twenty six years. So no more hell and high water from me and her, although I may bring around the show at some point in a couple of weeks just to explain, well, you know, why she stopped and what the reason is and all that good stuff, et cetera. Et cetera. But for those of you that think I'm two left wing influence, you're gonna be happy because now I no longer have that influence as a constant. But anyway, no more hell and high Water, no more Maria Heller and Maria dot Net will probably turn itself over into her counseling business, and that'll be that. Anyway. On top of that, what else do I have? Well, I did open up the fan supporter part of the Speaker program, and I haven't put anything there yet. I haven't asked anybody to join or anything like that. I set up just a preliminary price of nine to ninety nine because I no longer collect memberships on the site, so this would allow me to sort of do that where I provide direct content on Speaker and you want to support, you go there to support, you get a little bonus material, and guess what, you support the show. So that's what's going to go on moving forward, because you know, begging begathons for donations are not exactly successful except among my usual friends, and frankly, we got like zero interest from the outside this time. And I'm not complaining because we were able to pay the bills, you know, for the year. Uh, and I almost didn't think we were gonna make that, but honestly, uh, look, there there's revenue that was lost. I need to regain it. So it's going to be there. And yeah, for ten bucks a month, you can support the show, make requests. I will put archived stuff in there if you like, because a lot of that stuff is no longer available online anywhere. I still haven't determined what to do with the members section that now has nobody paying a membership, but they can still use it. I may just start to transfer everything over there, or we might just start with fresh content, and who knows, maybe just do a little rigged up sign ups so you can have a sign up on the website as well, along with the fans supporter section on Speaker. I think that might be the wise thing to do, since I don't have an accessible YouTube channel officially or anything like that, so that might be the way we go here. But anyway, Yeah, so from now on on Speaker there will be a fans supported section, but not until I really start to figure out what it is you guys want there. You'll actually be able to call the shots enough to tell me what it is you want me to cover suggest guests. If I can get them, I'll get them, you know, stuff like that, and it'll be just for those that really support the show. And who knows, maybe that's the format I need to go to, where you know, you get the live stream or if you want the podcast, you actually have to be a supporter or the show. I don't know. I haven't determined that yet, and I'm hoping you guys will give me some feedback. So write to me either Chuck at o'helly dot com or you can write to Blind JFK researcher at gmail dot com. One way or the other, I will get the messages. You can contact me on X and all that good stuff. That's the best ways to get a hold of me. I do look at Facebook messages, but apparently I don't answer them on time. Team sucks for delivering my messages. So I'll tell you, yeah, X and the emails are the best ways to get a hold of me. And that'll be that. I may actually come up with a text only phone number soon and I'll just give that out to you guys when I decide if that's going to be the way to go. But I'm trying to make minimal investments because I want to kickstart and animate the Rumble Channel as our primary video platform in the near future, and we have the program to do it, I just don't have the computer that can properly handle it. And so I got to get a refurbished computer and a few other little tidbits, and then we will have the Rumble Channel as well as the fan support section on speaker only for people who decide to support the show, and ten bucks a month I think is not unreasonable, And yeah, that's the way that's going to work going forward. The website will continue as for another year at least, and we'll see where we go if I can continue doing this or not. Still trying to recover from my injuries, etc. So those are the two things going on, and I wanted to let you know about them, and hopefully you guys will give me some feedback and let me know what it is we should be serving you with. You know, I want to serve the people that really support the show. Everybody else can listen along or whatever, follow along, but you know, I want like the Special Supporters Club to be happening, Like maybe we'll even create digital membership cards or something and create a use for them, you know what I mean. I have ideas about events and things like that that we can do online and in person. Not necessarily too many in person events, because hardly anybody likes to leave their house anymore, but what the hell. We can create stuff as we go, and I am willing to listen to ideas and suggestions about what to do going forward. Also, I'm going to do some more short attention span DJ theaters on a regular basis, because apparently people liked them in the replay form. They didn't listen live, but they liked catching them on the station accidentally when they just tuned in to the stream, which runs twenty four to seven. I also have that online radio station that's continuous for Apple and PC as well as Android users. Anyway, all of that is brought to you by guess what you, Mainly you who support the show. Mike Swanson is one of those people. Me, Pete is one of those people. Danny and Kelly one of those people. You know our friend ed out West one of those people, regular Joe. I don't know what happened, but sort of he hasn't been in contact with me for a little bit, but he's a supporter of the show. Jimmy James is a supporter of the show. Okay, these are the people that made things possible, but they could use a little support from the rest of you who are listening. And I know there are some left, so you know, just saying you could chip in once so you can become a supporter directly over at Speaker. I'm not even sure how the sign up works honestly, just yet, but don't worry. It's there, and there's always my cash app and missus Oh's PayPal if you want to contribute to the well being of the Performing Monkey you're listening to right now, or you know, help us expand and maintain the network, because there's still monthly bills and I try to be as efficient with them as possible, but they're still there. They're costs involved, and I'd like to be able to do things even better on a higher level, more expansive, but I'm not going to do that without the budget to work with, and you guys are the ones who will provide that or not. So there you have it. Plus, I'm still doing the three hours every Monday when I can show up on Mondays on AM Wake Up, and they're calling that chuck Wagon Monday. Now. I don't know why. I guess it's to separate me from the other guys named Charles that are on the rest of the week. That's okay, and I don't mind. And I go over there to have fun and read through the news and so pick up on crazy stuff happening on the internet in general. And there is never a shortage. So anyway, all of that now put out of the way. Be pete if you will. I need a drink. By the way, I'm trying not to dry up my mouth on Mike and I'm doing a bad job. Anyways, How are you doing, sir? How was your week? And maybe I'll explain mine after you explain yours.
Speaker 3: We was, I don't know, pretty good.
Speaker 4: We finally started getting some rain, which we've needed. We're about, believe it or not, ten inches down for the year. That's just what started of the fifth month. So well, I was supposed to have all day rain tomorrow, looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: We needed.
Speaker 4: It was so bad you'd walked through the grass in the yard and it would crunch. I mean, it's really been dry, so dry that snakes are wearing fleet collars.
Speaker 3: But other than that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just a usual hectic busy helping a friend out that had some health issues and trying to get stuff done. But we finally got lights in the garage so I can work at night on my work bench. They got a few more things to do to get some outside lights running.
Speaker 3: But other than that, I got two questions.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, one was Maria Heller always so grumpy for twenty six years?
Speaker 3: Two?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think someone number one? But what's two? I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find here.
Speaker 4: Oh, we had mentioned this on another show, and it came up while you were talking. I was looking through my list of stuff that we had started to talk about but we never finished. And that is they figured out the lost colony and exactly.
Speaker 3: What happened to them. Oh right, yeah, yeah, kind of amazing.
Speaker 4: We didn't get We didn't cover it last week. I think it was the week before when I had mentioned it and you said, yeah, you'd like to get into that and find out what they found out. But they weren't eaten by cannibals, and they didn't just suddenly disappear they actually think they know exactly what happened, so if you want, we can get into that later. Other than that, we're watching the useful or useless Summer Football League, which I am really not impressed. I mean, I would think you'd be seeing better football from these guys. But hockey playoffs are going on right now, NBA playoffs are going on right now, So it's kind of busy in the sports end of things. But other than that, I don't know, just another typical hectic week well.
Speaker 2: As far as sports go. Look, you know, it's always weird because to my mind, there's never been enough football players to populate even the NFL fully, you know what I mean, enough of the up echelon guys. Now. I know that sounds arrogant and all this stuff and how dare you because you never had to do it, blah blah blah, But you know, the truth is there's a lot of NFL guys who are just hangers on that just sort of exist. So I never thought of there being such a you know, glut of talent, such a you know, huge reserve of talent that we needed another league to be populated, you know, I mean, look at all the college teams there are, and the fact is, you know, it siphons down or it's you know, shakes down to just a few NFL teams relatively speaking. And even those NFL teams are not necessarily populated by one hundred percent you know, skilled personnel. So you know, to me, it's like, why does everybody keep trying to make another league? I mean, Vince McMahon tried it. There was the USFL in the eighties. There were other attempts. It seems to me, like when they unified the AFL and the NFL or whatever it was, you know, when it became the championship game and all that kind of stuff, before the days of the Super Bowl. Even it seems to me as though the evolution brought it together to just the right balance, Like the equilibrium has been met regarding NFL talent. And that's it because even like I say, among all those college teams, it narrows down to just that NFL and then there's not like this huge group of left out people that are still great. You know, when it comes to when it used to come to baseball, there was plenty of leftovers, so to speak. You know, there was like independent leagues and there was plenty of minor league systems that had decent players or entertaining players or et cetera, et cetera. Now I don't know how it is right now in the minor league system, but that used to be really interesting in the twentieth century, especially like post World War Two, when things really got you know, started back up. As far as a say like basketball, you know, you've got very small rosters there, and quite frankly, there is a glot of talent there that ends up playing in some of these like you know, weird short leagues, two on two leagues and stuff like that, and you know, you could probably replace a lot of basketball players. Although I will say that year they tried to do the replacement baseball players, that wasn't such a great, you know, great event. Remember that when they were the replacement like the scam baseball players, You remember that.
Speaker 3: It's strange when that went on.
Speaker 4: We had there was a team in our league that was in Hagerstown, Maryland and the year of the strike, and they were a farm team for the Baltimore Orioles, right, and it was amazing how much they drew that year. They they actually set attendance records that drew better than the than the Baltimore team when they were playing.
Speaker 3: It was weird.
Speaker 4: They really had a successful franchise up there. But you know, the thing is with baseball, every major league team is required to carry a certain number of farm teams through the various minor leagues.
Speaker 3: So you know, you do have that.
Speaker 4: Kind of mandated you're gonna have this many teams, you got to spread them between this many leagues, so it's kind of a guarantee for guys. You don't have that in football, you know, you don't have the farm team system to bring players up. But I'm just not impressed with this UFL.
Speaker 3: It's I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, it's but see some weird rules in there, like if if you're yeah, if you're before what the fifty yard line on fourth down, you can't punt. You know, you got to you gotta make the play. So it's I don't know, it's kind of strange. But every other I guess every other sport, you've got farm teams. In baseball, you've got farm teams. In hockey, you've got farm teams. I think in basketball, well.
Speaker 2: Basketball, wait a minute, basketball, I don't think they have farm teams. But what you have is there are foreign leagues. There's enough foreign leagues in basketball.
Speaker 5: It is huge.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Yeah, the foreign market Europe and over in Asia basketball is huge.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying. It's like almost going on. Yeah, the international right professionals are effectively almost like a farm system for the NBA. It seems like, Uh, but the other football leagues anywhere else where they do them. I mean, they had the Canadian Football League. I don't even know if that still exists. Uh, you know, they they tried some sort of European Football League where like each country had a league at one point.
Speaker 4: Uh you had h yeah, good, You've got some football teams over in Europe. I went to one or two games when I was over in Switzerland, and it's it's kind of a I don't know, it's like it's kind of like UFL football. It's not all that spectacular. But yeah, you had the World Football League at one time. She had a team in Barcelona. Uh, you had a team in Germany Frankfurt, and I don't know when that went by the wayside, but uh, but it just seems like the NFL still still has teams or a game scheduled over in and then like England, well.
Speaker 2: They want to sell Mexico games, right, but they want to sell the spectator portion of it to other countries. But the truth is these other countries don't have the talent, it seems like, to support a full professional league. So what I'm saying is is that you know, it's a very narrow skills set apparently that you either play in the NFL or you ain't doing much. I mean, there used to be these arena league teams. There's been various leagues like that, right, I mean, yeah, sure there's still.
Speaker 3: Some independence football.
Speaker 4: Well no, it just to me that was as like playing flag football in the park on Saturday, you know, and you're looking about that caliber of sport.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But see, that's my point is that there was never enough talent to support and not enough like it just it's not there, so, you know, and it's not like soccer. Soccer is a worldwide thing, you know, football, whatever point is, it's a worldwide thing. There's plenty of talent to go around with that in multiple countries. You know. Again, the not necessarily at the head of the pack. But the point is that it's it's pretty widespread. Football. Is this very narrow thing American football, it seems like to me. So you know, and like I said, and I.
Speaker 4: Think this summer league, this league over the summer, to me, it just takes away from it. I mean, there was always the participation of the start a football season, right, you know, that first college game and then shortly after that first NFL game. So this league, I don't know, it just it's like it it waters it down.
Speaker 3: And it's like, okay, we still got football. Well, NFL's get ready to crank up. Well, I've been watching it for the past four months. It just takes away from it, right, And I always think of.
Speaker 2: It as the big problem of Bo Jackson and Neon Dion Sanders, right, which is where you know, look these guys, they had two careers, and the fact is that you know, every football game is dangerous enough that their career can end in a matter of seconds, and you know that could end two careers, right, So to me, like I wouldn't be trying to even like you know, you might even train year round, go to like you know, winter go play winter ball in Puerto Rico or something if you're a baseball guy. But football players shouldn't do this. Because all they're doing is risking their careers, which you know are not typically the longest things in the world to begin with. I mean, et cetera, et cetera. So it seems to me like, again, the equilibrium of the entire activity boils down to the NFL and that's it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: So these other games have systems that support that talent pool and produce that talent pool. Football doesn't. So to me, it's always been like, why do they keep trying to, you know, create this other And as you said, even if they succeeded, it would kind of suck anyway, because you know, then it wouldn't be the big anticipation for the beginning of the NFL season, right, I mean, you know, if you had a good USFL, it wouldn't be you'd be having football all the time. It wouldn't be as special, you know what I'm saying. It's almost like why you know the fact that they've spread out the baseball season so much that I mean it makes the games barely relevant for half of the year, you know. I mean football is not like that, thankfully, because they only play once a week. But still, if you had, you know, football year round, always and it was always highly you know, populated by talented personnel. I don't know, I think it would actually work against football. And you know, hockey's a different thing of its own, you know, practically a sub culture even though it's a mainstream sport, right, so you know they have farm systems and there are people.
Speaker 4: That are so enthusiastics. Yeah, I mean, it's a seasonal sport, just like football. You think of hockey in the winter time, right, think a football in the fall in the wintertime, right.
Speaker 2: But even so, it's just I don't know. I keep asking myself why they keep attempting this, you know. So anyway, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know there's enough.
Speaker 4: I guess they figured there's enough fans out there to keep it going.
Speaker 3: But I've never heard.
Speaker 4: Of of a USFL or a UFL or a WFL team that was really really successful.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I guess, you know, it fills the.
Speaker 4: Niche for those people that got to have at twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but then again, look, I used to love to play Made on video game consoles, and that was enough fun even when I wasn't watching football, you know, like as a steady thing you can get your football fixed many other ways, I think, especially with the way video and everything is, you know, it would be who knows, you know what I mean. So anyway, I'm just gonna leave that one alone. It's just weird to me that they keep trying to do this and it never works.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the funniest one was the uh the XFL. Remember that Vince McMahon's uh, you know, NFL is bringing Oh, we're gonna make it real extreme and it was just stupid. You know, I just don't get that again.
Speaker 4: You know, the look at a look at a lot of stuff that vincement Man's been behind and it ends up being stupid.
Speaker 3: So you know, go figure.
Speaker 4: But I just I don't I don't think the desire I mean and true NFL fans really, I don't think care about the UFL, or the WFL or the rest of them. They're NFL fans. They've got their teams they pull for. They don't need anything extra. And like I said, it's nice to have that break and you have that anticipation of the season coming up. College football. I look forward to college football. Well, to me, it's very entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see there's falls coming, so yeah, there's ready to start, right But.
Speaker 2: There's your one you know, one way street of farm system, right there is. And that's the only way I could look at college football because I've never found it entertaining. But that's your one way farm system, you know what I mean, where they don't ever end up going back to the miners. They either get cut or they don't, you know. And when they get cut, they might get a job somewhere else or they don't, so they never go back to the farm league. You know, they don't go back to college ball usually. Uh, at least I've never heard of it, you know what I'm saying. With the other things, Listen, an NBA player could be an NBA player, he's not doing so good, then he goes to Italy or wherever it plays for a little while and then comes back, you know what I'm saying. But and baseball guys, they go to the miners, they come up. I mean, there's some guys that you know, spend their life in a rotation between you know, Triple A, Double A and the big league team you know occasionally and you can make a living.
Speaker 3: I guess the.
Speaker 4: Closest thing to a I ain't to say but I guess the closest thing to a farm system for the for the NBA is the w NBA since they've been flipping a bill for them since they're you know inception. Yeah, but again another you know, you talk about pouring money down a drain, just look at the w n B A and and some money they're breaking in what they lose forty dollars a year, see another years.
Speaker 2: Another one way street, which is hilarious, but it's all money going down the street instead of you know, talent, right, and it's only going one way. You know what's really funny about that too is I've gotten more into the sports cards and I'm trying to, you know, learn about stuff. And you do know there's w NBA sports cards, right of course only one player sells yeah cards of course, you know it's like show Hao Tani at this point, which, by the way, show Hao Tani. If you look at like online auctions, there's people that literally have run four hour auctions selling nothing but show hey o Tani baseball cards in ten second auctions that you have ten seconds to bid on them, and they will literally do that for five hours. There's so many cards of the guy and they're in such high demand and it's amazing, But she doesn't sell like that. But she's literally like the only one that really sells these Like card dealers get frustrated because they get talked into w NBA cards and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll give you, I'll give you my Angel Reache rookie card for your for your Caitlyn Clark, I forget it.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, nobody wants the other ones. I'm just saying. It's like, and that's what I'm observing, is the only thing selling for more than a dollar is Caitlyn Clark. And yeah, another weird.
Speaker 4: Though you look at yeah, look at the impact that she had though when she went from college to to pros I mean it was I don't think I've seen I don't think I've seen that much of an impact in a lot of years of a player going from college to professional sport, regardless of what the sport is, that made the impact that she did. I mean, she really she was the one thing to bring people into the coliseums to see the games. You know, my team, we've been pulling for him for five years and they've lost every year they've had a you know, total was a losing record. But Caitlin Clark's coming, I'm going hey, you know.
Speaker 2: Speaking of news stories, they just sort of suddenly disappeared, but they were a moment of outrage, you know, for for a quick hot second in the news cycles. I don't remember what actually happened with the dildos being thrown onto the courts at WNBA games. I know it was a thing for a while and then they were like threatening to prosecute people for doing it, and then it just sort of went away. Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 4: There was wasn't that snafu over pay or something that they felt like they should be paid more because they're professional athletes, and and so they started, you know, you saw some comments in the news, and then people just finally.
Speaker 3: Kind of got tired of it and said, look, you know, it's it's the NBA.
Speaker 4: What do you expect to get paid for Your whole league is being subsidized by the NBA. If it wasn't for the NBA paying the money, you guys wouldn't even be playing.
Speaker 3: So you know, shut up and be thankful. Well, yeah, that one went away quick.
Speaker 2: It did go away quick. And the whole thing really started with those with the soccer team right with the women's like you know, world soccer team, the US team, right, and they were like saying, yeah, right, and she was saying, oh, we should be paid more, you know, just like the men. And they're going, yeah, you don't draw the crowds, so no. And then they did pay them, you know, some kind of upscale wage. And then the next thing you knew is WNBA was kind of going, well, you know, maybe we should do the same thing. And then I don't know, fans responded with dildo's on the court. I took it.
Speaker 4: The funny thing about the US women's soccer team was they, you know, Megan Rappnou and a few other ones started making comments about money. Yeah, and it's like, you know, well, we should be paid as much as the guys. And the funny thing was is when they went through contract negotiations, they had the opportunity to have a structured contract like the guys, but no, they chose a different contract structure.
Speaker 3: So they shot themselves in the foot from the beginning.
Speaker 4: And when it hit the news, a lot of these sports commentators were pointing out, you know, these women are complaining now, but they had the opportunity when they got the original contracts written up to do it the same way and base their pay structure the same way as the guys, and they didn't, They specifically did.
Speaker 3: Not want to do that.
Speaker 4: Now they find out they're getting short changed according to them, and they want to change in the middle of the deal.
Speaker 3: What the contract was.
Speaker 4: I mean, it just they shot themselves in the foot and then they realized they screwed themselves, and then that's what made the news.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous. But you know, that.
Speaker 4: Team that Megan Rappano is on played a high school team and lost something like eleven to one.
Speaker 3: These were high school junior or high or high.
Speaker 4: School guys that they played against, and the teenagers smoked them, so they kind of didn't really have bragging rights on that one. Well, just be thankful for what you got and shut up.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. People have to realize this above all else. Sports is entertainment, even if it isn't sports entertainment like the WWE. Okay, it's entertainment. So there are various elements that play here. Sure, it's a sport, it's a skill, it's a discipline, blah blah blah, but it's also a entertainment entity. And here's the one thing you can guarantee in entertainment is that there is no rhyme or reason or egalitarian schedule that anybody is on in the entertainment business. I mean, how do you not know that? You know, in this world there are people that are gonna be overpaid and there are people that are gonna be underpaid, and it's got zero to do with their skill. It's got zero to do with what they're worth as human beings. It is just the nature of the beast. And most of the time, you know what it boils down to exactly what you just talked about, Either you got a good pin, a good contract, or a bad one. And half the time it's almost impossible to know until guess what, it's too late. And that's just the reality.
Speaker 4: We went through that with Well, we saw that perfect example of that back during the Colin Kaepernick episodes when he was with the forty nine ers and you know, he was under contract, he was going at the end of the season, he was going to become a free agent. Okay, well, he decided to quit his contract and go free agent. He was he had a guaranteed position and money, he decided to nullify that, thinking that out on the free market he could bring in more money.
Speaker 3: Well, right before he decides to do that is.
Speaker 4: When he started pulling his stunts of kneeling during the national anthem and wearing pig socks, you know, to practice and stuff like that. And people started seeing it and he started causing problems, and the forty nine ers said, you want to go and play free agency, go for it, Bud, You're released.
Speaker 3: And then he found out.
Speaker 4: He couldn't draw the money because he was creating problems, and team owners didn't want to have to deal with the crap. You know, they got enough problems on our hands. Last thing they needed. Somebody's getting headlines every weekend because they want to call the NFL racist. And I'm sitting here looking at the percentage of black players in the NFL and the money that they're making, and I'm thinking, what other job opportunity do you have where the majority of players are of a race that now wants to say they're.
Speaker 3: Being discriminated against. And it made no sense, and it made no sense to the fans, it made no sense to the owners, and Colin Kaepernick just shot himself in the foot over that one. She had the money.
Speaker 2: Here's the argument, and he if he hadn't.
Speaker 4: Done what he did, even if he was traded, he still would have brought in the money, but he wanted to spit in the system's face and it ended up costing him. But he's you know, it's a perfect example of looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, I look, I don't know about looking a gift horse in the mouth at all. I don't even want to judge that. Here's what I understand is that if he was good enough, they would have figured out a way to make a spot for him somewhere. That's what I figure.
Speaker 4: If he was You're right, if he was good enough, he wouldn't have to worry about being traded because he would have pulled in the money no.
Speaker 3: Matter who got him.
Speaker 4: Now. But he was just a mediocre player that didn't have the stats to back it up. Right, So being me thought, well, I'll go free agency and somebody will pick me up. And it's like, dude, I got three quarterbacks on my roster right now with better stats than you.
Speaker 3: And I've got to cut one of them. Why would I want you?
Speaker 2: Well, But that's the thing is that even with right. Look, if you removed his politics, they might put up with him because he has the potential to eventually be better, right, And so somebody might do that because that might be better than something they know is broke down that they already have. So he might have had a shot at being a backup somewhere. But he didn't have the clout or the record to justify the aggravation. And it's just that simple. See, that's a miscalculation on his part. I don't even want to get into whether he was justified or had a right to feel or I don't care, because here's the bottom line. Once again, it's you know, and people would oh, that's racist, but no, I think racist or not. If he had the skill, they would have worked it out, you know, bring him on the team, tell him to shut up. You know, listen, here's part of your new contract, chief, shut the hell up. Okay, there's part of our new contract.
Speaker 3: One percent on that.
Speaker 4: So I'll give you a good example of an organization they shot themselves in the foot. Look at this last playoff season. The Carolina Panthers two years ago had three quarterbacks that all ended up playing for playoff teams and they got rid of them for a draft pick that turned out to be lackluster and mediocre if you could even consider he was as good as mediocre. And they got rid of these guys instead of working them through the system knowing that they had potential. And hell, one of them ends up playing into them Super Bowl. We had the guy two years ago and they cut him. It just makes I don't know, and don't get me started. And and that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Look, you roll the dice when it comes to sports. I mean I think back to you know, uh, Nolan Ryan, you know, part of the sixty nine Mets, but he had an in He was inconsistent, believe it or not, as a young player, as a young pitcher. So you know, he's traded away with like six other guys for one slugger and like two like utility players or something. And seven guys get traded right in order for the Mets to pick up one slugger, so because they thought that would improve the team. And he wasn't doing them that much good because he was a.
Speaker 3: Reliever right up somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you brought up somebody that had a mouth on him and was controversial, but he made his money because he could put.
Speaker 3: Up or shut up. And that was Deon Sanders.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: A lot of people that didn't.
Speaker 4: Like Deon Sanders, but when it came down to play in the game, Deon Sanders was the guy you wanted out there to catch that ball, regardless of his politics, regardless of the things that he would say, regardless of the stuff that came up. Neon Dion earned his money because he had the talent. Right now, he leaves and becomes a coach at Colorado because his son was quarterback at Colorado, and he ticked off a lot of people in Colorado because it seems like, you know, his son didn't turn out to be the you know, the savior of the NFL quarterback says, as everybody was making him out to be. And a lot of people are now saying, well, he wouldn't have got the exposure and he wouldn't have got this if it hadn't been from Deon Sanders becoming coach.
Speaker 3: And I was a huge.
Speaker 4: Colorado Buffalo's fan. I got hooked on them when we lived out in Colorado Springs. But he ticked off a lot of people in that college organization just from the way that you know, he was show voting and pushing his son, and then his son turns out to kind of flop his first year playing pro. So, you know, but that was somebody who created controversy. But when it came down to it, Demand had talent. Yeah, but that's the sorting about Dean Sanders. But if Demand could play football exactly.
Speaker 2: But my other point here, though, is that you know, the potential if somebody is not always realized, like you said with the quarterbacks they traded away and this, and that, it's just a matter of Listen, some people develop under the pressure of you know, stumbling at first, and some people don't. You know, I can recall a lot of number one draft picks in baseball that were supposed to be the second coming of everything. And you know what, you probably couldn't even name these guys who you know, I knew as again collecting baseball cards, you know it. I mean I would open up a pack of baseball cards and I could sell a rookie card for one hundred dollars, a current year rookie card in the nineties, you know, because these guys were thought to be such, you know, great players. I'll give you two names that you probably don't even recognize at this point. Todd Zial and Todd Van Poppole, the two Todds in ninety and ninety one, and Todd Ziel was a catcher and Todd Van Poppole was a pitcher, and they were both supposed to be these superior, you know athletes. I mean, nothing like we see with show hey Otani, but they for their time period, they were going to be the next you know, superstars Hall of Famers poof Does anybody know who they are? You know what I'm saying. I mean, their careers weren't even long, so you know, and it happens, and Nolan Ryan think about it. There's a guy who is known for consistency, longevity, having pitched complete games. The guy would pitch, you know, entire games, not like they do today, six innings and crap. The guy go pitches all the way into his forties, right with a bad back and does eight nine innings and complete games, you know, through seven no hitters, and some of them were later in his career. But at first they disregarded him because he was a little wild. They didn't want to work him out, and the Mets just do stuff like that, but a lot of these other teams did it too. Anyway, there's a narrow talent for these things to be the superior athlete. And Deon Sanders was not a bad baseball player either, you know, Oh.
Speaker 4: He he was good.
Speaker 3: Well, look at Michael Jordan. He tried baseball and failed miserably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the goat and everything else. And then he was gonna like, hey, I'll gonna stop playing basketball since I'm so great at everything, I'm gonna go play baseball. And the White Sox said, yeah, Michael, sorry, because he just wasn't that good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: And he was good in high school.
Speaker 2: No, no, fine, high school is one thing. But you know how many high school pitchers are gonna throw one hundred miles an hour and literally be able to shave, you know, hair off your face. There's a lot of major league pitchers that can do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've seen some high school players here that very impressive. Even take it.
Speaker 2: Well, But that's the thing is sometimes these kids, you know, because they've been you know, pushed a little too fast, a little too hard. I mean when when I was playing as a kid, we weren't even allowed to slide step as pictures, you know, the slide that you do to like wind up. They didn't want us to really load up our arms as kids. Uh. You know, I understand that that kind of thing has changed now and some of these kids blow out their arms. By the time they're twenty two, it's over. The arm's gone. You know. Even if they were phenomenal at a certain point, they peaked too early in boom, they blow it up, you know. I mean, there's a reason why Tommy John surgery is a thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But anyway, what my other question wanted?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, listen, but before we go in anything else, though, we've been talking a while and Jimmy James has been on hold, so I do want to get to him. And I meant to segue into bringing him on earlier, but we were engaged here, so I I do want to get them on. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: The question I had of the two was this new software that you've got, does it work on Linux?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should.
Speaker 3: I have to be Microsoft, No, No it should.
Speaker 2: No, it's it should not have a problem on Linux. The problem is that it's a matter of capacity. So you know, you have to have a certain amount of processing power and speed. So if you look up the you know, the specs on it. Also they tell you don't run anything else, which is impossible for me. They tell you not to run like pretty much anything else while you're running this on a computer, because it obviously takes up a lot of resources. Uh that's the advice. Now I've tried to run it on my computer. It runs like crap and doesn't really run, so, you know. And and the advice basically that came back from the tech people is Windows eleven. Uh you know, but a year go I didn't I wouldn't have been told that, you know what I mean, It would have worked on Windows ten, which is why I'm pissed. But yeah, so I need something that can load Windows eleven. And as I told you, even though you mentioned there might be some sort of workaround, you know, I went to go try and see. You know, can I try Windows eleven on my computer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I can't, it says, no, I don't have the Uh you know again, I don't have the power to do so. So what you need is just something that's more powerful. And even certain Apple machines are no good now, but Apple's a different animal when it comes to this, you know what I mean? No, No, So I need either a powerful laptop which I can plug to a larger screen that way I can see it, you know, and a new computer just to be able to run everything else. Or I need a very powerful computer. And you know, I forget how many how powerful the drives have to be, or how powerful the memory and the speed has to be on the computer. It's got to be something that is, you know, higher class as far as power and speed. And my refurbished machine that I bought. How many years ago did I buy the new one? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, I've been trying to keep up when I bought this one. I've got the same problem. I try to go to eleven, it tells me where your processor isn't fast enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing. So you know, I just I need to get something with a faster processor and Windows eleven on board, which I can do with a refurbished computer again rebuilt. You know, they can always add stuff and everything else, but it's still, you know, it's the same problem. A few hundred more dollars to get a new one. But you know, I will definitely settle for going to and Besides that, I can go to a local shop picking up myself, and I've got somebody who if there's something wrong with it or it gives me a problem, I know where I can bring it, you know, and if it's within a certain amount of time, he'll repair it or deal with it and take off the responsibility for it if it's you know, within the first couple of months, which I appreciate. And also it's a local, it's a local guy. I'd rather do that. You can't buy these off of the uh, you know, the the electronics section at Walmart either something that's strong enough. If you notice, all that stuff is stripped down. That's why it's a little cheaper at Walmart and best Buy or whatever is still out there where you can still have an electronic section in a place or it's an electronics store of sorts. Most of that stuff is stripped down for the consumer and meant to be there so you know, they can watch Netflix basically they can stream video to themselves, but to actually communicate and simultaneously stream, you know, upload and download in real time, yeah, you need you need stronger, more efficient processors, and you actually better off with the like the DA You know, the what do you call it, the SD card type drive instead of the old standard disk drive as well. But whatever, I'm not I'm not looking to choose as a beggar here anyways. At some point that's got to get done. So I want to bring on Jimmy James.
Speaker 3: If you don't mind you ready, yeah, yeah, And of.
Speaker 2: Course anybody else can join in. Call us if you want three one nine five two seven five zero one six, that's the number to join us. It's about let's see eight forty seven as I'm reading the clock here in the Eastern time zone of what we used to call America and all that, so you know, that's where we're at. That's what was, That's what is, Like I said at the beginning of the show, and this will be Jimmy James, and I got a dog barking in the background. My apologies, but here's Jimmy James. How you doing.
Speaker 7: Doing good here?
Speaker 2: Check excellent?
Speaker 7: Jimmy James, the journalist.
Speaker 2: The journalist. All right, what do you got for me? Journalist Jimmy James.
Speaker 7: Hey, I got your package.
Speaker 2: Oh great, I am so happy about that because we have had stuff lost that I've sent to you and I swear to you I've sent your stuff and it's just disappeared. One package was returned to me, but most of them do not make it anywhere. They just go into the void. So I'm glad you got it. Was it in one piece?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Thank you? By the way, Oh excellent, Uh I got oh way to go man, you know it? Jared Goff JFK. Why I even got an Ocelie baseball card?
Speaker 2: That's right. I tried to give you a little bit of everything in there that I thought you would, you know, want to keep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you do good, Chuck, you do good.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 7: Why Chuck is the only podcaster that I trust.
Speaker 2: Well, because you know, I'm honest at least, you know, I could make mistakes. I could be stupid maybe, but I'm an honest guy, and I mean, well you know that much, right, I know?
Speaker 7: Chuck is exactly Chuck's got on it. He is what he says that, he says, what he is. He's a good man.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Jimmy. I'm glad you're feeling that way tonight. So I'm glad, and I'm also very very happy the package made it to you. So that that makes me feel real good because I was starting to worry. Man, I'm like, you know, I hope this doesn't get lost again, because you know, if I was you, i'd start taking Maybe Chuck just says he sends me stuff and he doesn't really send it, you know. But but you know that's not true. I mean it's just weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there has been stories in the papers about the post office in my area. I mean people are people were stealing stuff. I mean they got issues. In fact, now I think about it, I believe I recall Aaron mentioning that someone stole his mail too. Was that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah? At one point he you know, some mail was stolen, he thought, and then they stole a whole bank of those mailboxes. Remember there was like I don't know if it was like at the end of a duel development or if I remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm curious of one that happened, if by any chance, it was August to twenty four, because if so, I could help him. It turns out I know who did this. He may even recognize the names, and then he would know who did this if he does.
Speaker 3: Recognize the names.
Speaker 9: No kidding, Well, I should explain it.
Speaker 2: You should write an email.
Speaker 7: Perhaps I should well, I should explain this bit the beginning in the ending is that there's two characters that I have their names and information right in his area. And I mean, if he recognizes these names, guess what he would get the unusual pleasure of knowing who screwed him over.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, I would send him an email and you know, let him know, because that would be rather fascinating. Because I don't remember what happened with that story. It was sort of like it just sort of happened for a little bit. And you know what's funny is that that sort of happened in a wave I would say, like during the pandemic time, and then for a couple of years afterwards, there were like occurrences all over the country of like male people getting fired for doing weird stuff with the male I don't know if you remember reading about that, but it just seemed to start happening like a lot right after you know, the pandemic happened. Am I crazy?
Speaker 7: Is that now it's going on the problems that the post Office can't keep employees. I I gave my vehicle workdown from the same dude the works on the post office vehicles. He said that they've literally gone through one hundred people this year so far. They can't keep the full employed.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Something else that is to say, uh uh.
Speaker 10: Well, uh.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I didn't mean to throw you off Yeah, I didn't mean to throw you off track. But it's just I was thinking of a time period where it really starting out.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, let me get this off my home before it disappears again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I also managed to find the origin point. See that was the endpoint of the shoot. But these people, what they did is they took the information off the black market, and I figured out how it got there too. The idiot. There's a perfume bureaucrat that clearly uses his work computer to view pornographic materials and got viruses.
Speaker 3: Ah, what a jerk.
Speaker 2: So he's got like those kind of tropes. He's got like those trojan horses that steal information. Right, So you know, some bureaucrats got a whole list information on people's personal stuff and then somebody can hijack it with a virus in their computer, right, that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, someone definitely did, And jeez, chuck, I I don't know. I guess I'm just a lot of people person. I of course tried to talk this fella, and my god, is he a belligerent, mouthy little man.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I am starting to imagine what you're talking about here. I guess there's links to that personal situation that you were talking to me about, uh in emails not too long ago too.
Speaker 7: Huh yes, okay, yeah, it's all connected. It's uh but I figured out what happened. I've taken actions uh one trice to uh catch any damn check of using my social Security number. They're going to go straight to prison and I'll get the money, is what my understanding.
Speaker 9: Good, So you got some kind of like, well, yeah, I got just got called the social Security to people and some other people and that that know that.
Speaker 7: Someone's munkying around. Interesting fact, bazirely, the FTC, the Federal Trade Commission, they are the ones who go after people who steal people's social Security numbers. Interesting fact that I did not realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that links to that whole discussion I had on the show many times about how like your social Security number is a monetized commodity, and you know and all that it's true. That's why the Federal Trade Commission is involved with it, because it's their domain. Yeah, so that makes perfect sense to me. But I've never been involved in a situation where somebody tried to steal my identity like that. I've had people clone me online and stuff like that, but they never get very far because there's just I don't have, you know, I don't really have a bank account. I don't have you know what I mean. So there's nothing to steal, is what it comes down to. And my Social Security number is not worth much. I mean, my first wife made sure of that many years ago. So you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not worth anything for somebody to steal the identity, but other people might have, you know, I don't know assets. I guess you know what I'm saying. Okay, we might have lost Jimmy. I don't know. It sounds like he's still there. I'll say, I'm gonna put you on hold, Jimmy, if you can still hear me, I'm just gonna put you on hold and we'll come back you at some point. But we got dead air. You heard that, right, b Pete where there was just a little bit of static and we couldn't really hear them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'll come back to Jimmy. But look, anybody else who wants to jump in in the meantime, Uh, three one nine five two seven five zero one six, that's the number to call. Listen, We're almost at the end of the first hour, and I kind of have the urge to pee anyway, So Jimmy going silent or talking to his mute button or whatever is kind of convenient. Uh, But he was in a good mood, you know. Uh, So I definitely want to get back to talking to Jimmy, especially when he's in a good mood and be pete. I mean, we can, you know, you and I can just talk to each other if his phone can't get straightened out anyway. Uh, but I would certainly love to hear from more people who are hearing us live. And if you're hearing us on Friday, May first, twenty twenty six, right, Uh, let's see at eight fifty seven and a half looks like PM in the Eastern time zone, and that means, you know, eight fifty seven and thirty seconds when I said it. If you're hearing us at that time, you can join in at three one nine five two seven five zero one six. So anything you want to say before we go to break me Pete.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would like to say goodbye to Info Wars. They closed up last night in their last broadcast. Oh again, Alex Jones has happened to start his new network. But yeah, they are officially shut down after twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Now the Onion has apparently worked out a new deal to take it over. Is that right?
Speaker 4: They had thought they had a deal and some judge put the kabash on it, so it's still in limbo. But Alex Jones went ahead and shut it down. Last night was his last show and he's starting his new Alex Jones Network to continue his crusade against the world.
Speaker 2: Well see the first time, Yeah, but the first time, the Onion took over the website briefly, right and all that stuff, you know, and then the court order put it to kabash on it for a while. Wasn't that like a year ago at this point, I mean or more where we're that happened, and then he started the Alex Jones network separately, and he was doing that like on x and other places, and then Info Wars got back under his control. Now, the funky thing was, even though the Onion had control of his website, if you clicked on any of the uh you know, like go buy something, you know store, you know links, you still went to info Wars. You still went to doctor Jones's stuff, which is allegedly a company owned by his father. Right, you know, He's got a vitamin company owned by his father. He's probably got vitamin companies owned by all his cousins, et cetera. Uh, but not his vitamin company his dad's. And even with the Onion supposedly controlling the site and starting to post things and changing up things on the website, which was immediately trashed as soon as Alex came back, they still had the info Wars store pretty much up there, you know, and the info Wars stuff was still for sale if you click the links on there. So I'm a little confused about who owns it and why and how much they own. So, you know, does the Onion get it or is there a new media company I don't know about yet that's supposedly gaining control of the info Wars assets. Bpete.
Speaker 4: You know, well, last I could see on X the Onion didn't get it, and I read something about a judge put some type of injunction on them taking it over.
Speaker 3: So it's still in limbo right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's where it stands.
Speaker 3: Alex is gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Alex has now vacated Info Wars. And of course the split with Paul Joseph Watson a couple of years ago meant that he also abandoned prison Planet dot Com a while ago. But still, you know, look, the guy is still a force just by showing up. It seems like even though a bunch of his guys kind of abandoned ship during the uncertainty, always back and all that, which I also find kind of interesting because you know, those guys were complete sycophants while they're but as soon as they leave, they usually trash Alex. I mean, you know, the one guy didn't, who is you know, a classy guy, what is David Knight? You know, didn't do that exactly. He criticizes Alex now, but you know, he never like went out of his way to like, you know, publicly kind of you know, joust with Alex. After leaving, he just kind of went, look, I'm gonna go do my thing because I don't agree with this thing anymore. And and that was about that. But Alex had others that had many more spicy things to say. So I guess we'll see what happens in the near future with that. But in the meantime, nobody's taken over ocelly dot com or the o'celli effect, because I'm the only person behind it, and probably that's gonna be the way it is till I dropped dead, and with any luck, that'll be soon. So you know, hey, limited time off. Support the show, and uh you can call in once again. Three one nine, five two seven five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six The Friday Night O'Kelley Effect Open mic with Michael.
Speaker 11: Back, Wall Street, SEO dot dot, Wall Street, Window dot Com, Doo dot Com.
Speaker 2: Michael Swanson, the brilliant author of The War State, gives you the benefit of his knowledge. Wall Street, Window dot dot go there now, there now.
Speaker 4: The views expressed by caller schools, There anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jelly dot Com do not necessarily reflect the views of the Jelly do and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might ensue.
Speaker 2: Thank you for dot com Radio.
Speaker 12: In the War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the Times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island aren't with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why, and we'll show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the War State dot com.
Speaker 10: SAFU of the never denied medic state of matter.
Speaker 7: We better horsebo away of one.
Speaker 2: Nas, the ants I got and.
Speaker 13: Anything they would seem worthy for to completely divide lay those Adam I with the liberty that getting freely of justice.
Speaker 7: The only do you only that.
Speaker 10: Catford of man, but not on justice for the seat of the.
Speaker 2: Trans un Jack brow Space. As about the system the rest of us all.
Speaker 1: It's a light cooky which is wicked. So the funnest the war.
Speaker 13: Medi of life go.
Speaker 1: Crazy and sesus left.
Speaker 2: Myself from communism and fascism. Fascism problem Bible.
Speaker 14: Is a transgender Why Babylonist franchise is merely a coded.
Speaker 2: From aur A MacDonald's In Every New City of the Prison of Profit.
Speaker 13: Planet conversation to what the effect.
Speaker 15: In Denial the Secret Wars with air strikes and tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files.
Speaker 6: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not earn from It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, Secret wars with air strikes and tanks. Larryhancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Hancock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical force.
Speaker 10: The Chilly Effect is sponsored by Wall Street, Window dot Com and listeners like.
Speaker 3: Most regulated.
Speaker 2: Second segment of the O'Kelly effect, Open Mike Friday Night is happening now. So anyway, once again, I'll be labor the point you could call in and join us. It's about seven minutes after the hour of nine pm Eastern here in what we used to call America, and we are live taking your calls if you choose to do so. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's the key all the way up to ten pm Eastern when the Age of Transitions begins with Aaron Franz. So that's what it was, that's what it going to be. Anyway. B Pete is with me. Jimmy James joined us so far, but like I said, we always got one hundred open lines and we never ever come close to using them all. So anyway, be Pete. We were talking sports a bit. We were talking about the farm systems, et cetera. But you know, like I said, the news has been very weird this week. Anyhow, more debates on one of the websites that I do go to for information sometimes about the death penalty. Again. I couldn't exactly suss out why that discussion was happening again, except that, you know, people want to draw the political line about who's for it and who's against it, you know, And I'm one of these weird cases where in theory, if I trusted the system, I'd be for it because it would be a balance, not that it would be preventative, not that it would you know, be a proper punishment, you know, for people who do horrendous things, because to me, it's much more rough to have to live outside of you know, dying is easy to do. But anyway, you know, what can you say anymore? Is it humane? Is it reasonable? What does the world community think about it? Et cetera, et cetera. And you know what, I don't even want to have the debate anymore. I don't care who's for it who's against it. I don't trust the system to implement it. And you know, until we have a clear and effective way of doing this and also not sitting people on death row for twenty freaking years. There are people dropping dead on death row, to the point where it just looks like a whole lot of bureaucratic waste to run them through all of their appeals and everything else. Now I believe in appeals, and of course I question everything in the judicial system, and yet I look at that and say, what a complete waste of time, energy, resources, etc. I don't even care about you know what about the prisoner. We got to pay to put them up. That's bs. That's a for profit system anyway, So I don't want to hear about how much it costs to incarcerate somebody. It's not about the cost. It's about what actually makes sense, and none of it does. With the way it's implemented and not implemented and the moratoriums and blah blah blah, it doesn't make any damn sense. So, you know, until we can streamline things and do it directly, I don't have a solid two or you know, for or against position to take on it. And I'm frankly exhausted from it. I don't even want to discuss it anymore.
Speaker 8: The reason, yeah, the reason, the reason it came up was because the military had decided that they would use the firing squad as a form of execution, which you know they had a while back and then got rid of.
Speaker 3: And the things I see.
Speaker 16: Online, especially on x IS, you know people talking about, well the death penalty of you know, to execute somebody, and and you know five states currently have the firing squad as a form of execution. In fact, remember the Brian Colberger case up in Idaho where the four roommates were killed. In the pre trial arguments, his lawyer brought up that his client was, you know, going through undo torture in that, you know, deciding you know, if he's going to get the death penalty, and and you know which form.
Speaker 3: Would be carried out.
Speaker 4: And the state prosecutor that was that was working the case basically said, well he can end all that. You know, anticipation and nervousness just took one.
Speaker 3: Just pick a form.
Speaker 4: You know, if you know, if you have guilty and you get the death penalty, there's no sense getting upset over it. Now get all worked up and nervous over the thing. You get a choice. You can pick you this method or that method. Pick one, right.
Speaker 3: It was kind of comical to the way that they brought it up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, five states now still currently have the UH firing squad as a form of execution for the death penalty. And I'm like you, if if I trusted the system, i'd be for it, and I'm I am for it, but I don't put trust in the system, especially with some of the things that we've seen come up in.
Speaker 3: Court cases here in the past few years.
Speaker 4: Well that's the thing, guys getting exonerated after being in jail for twenty seven years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm one of these guys. They found out that exactly, They find out that you know, there's zero DNA connecting the guy, but there is DNA that makes sense for the crime connected to an entirely different person, you know what I mean. That's happened too many times. And my point is, and I am one of these guys. And you can call me a liberal, bleeding heart or whatever the hell else you want, but here's the thing. I'd rather not execute one hundred guys that need to be executed, as opposed to putting one to death in the name of the state, in the name of the people and all that. You know, I don't want to execute one person wrongly you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's the old saying when it comes to the legal system. You know, it's better than one hundred guilty men go free than one innocent man be convicted. Right, But we see, we see these Well, in fact, we had a case here in North Carolina. We had a guy that had been in jail for like twenty some years. Yeah, and the evidence that they had was showed that another guy through fingerprint and palm print testimony. Come to find out, the guy that was doing these tests for the state SBI lab didn't have the certifications that he claimed he had had and had.
Speaker 3: Screwed up a bunch of cases.
Speaker 4: So you finally get a guy that gets out of jail after twenty something years, and it was innocent the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, now I remember, Okay, there was a case I'm sorry, just let me interrupt you for a second because I can't remember if it was North Carolina or South Carolina. I mix these two up all the time. There was a case where literally like this person had committed like heinous rape murder, you know, brutalized you know, a woman and a dude. Okay, this whole thing, and it turns out it was two guys. They caught one guy. They said, oh, he just wouldn't give up his accomplish The guy was saying he was innocent the whole time. And then they did let him out something like twenty two years later, okay, because finally somebody exhumed the body. Oh right, and look, in cremations, you don't get the chance to exhume the body, okay, and you got to work with photographs and whatever else was you know, retained. But they exhumed the body and literally, we're still able to lift this person manually strangled the woman to death right with his bare hands. And the thing is, the handprint was still able to be taken off of this body twenty two years later. And I don't remember if it was North Carolina or South Carolina. And allegedly it was committed by two guys who you know, overwhelmed, they did one of those you know, nighttime invasion things and just you know, brutalized the woman and abused the dude too, actually, and like you know, but they left him alive, killed the woman after raping her, and they they didn't have at the time the uh, you know, I guess twenty two years ago or twenty two years from the time this was, you know, exonerated, like say in two thousand and five or something, So you're talking like nineteen eighty five. They weren't able to, you know, get more than the blood type off of the seamen somehow in North or South Carolina, and you know, this guy's blood type matched, but he wasn't the perpetrator. And when they actually ran DNA, they still could on the woman the woman's body, they ran DNA, they got a partial on the DNA, but then the handprint itself did it because they had a complete representation of this person's hand and it turned out that guy was already imprisoned for something else. Is that the story you're talking about? Or am I? Or am I thinking of a different one?
Speaker 4: I think I think that was in South Carolina. The maintains I'm thinking of was Darryl Hunt. He was in prisoned for nineteen years for first degree murdered and he was convicted based on unreliable witness testimony and a recanted confession.
Speaker 3: From his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: DNA evidence later excluded him and he was let out in two thousand and five after nineteen years.
Speaker 3: The one that's really bad.
Speaker 4: Was a case of I think these guys were cousins or they were they brothers, Henry McCollum and Leon Brown. They were prosecuted for rape and murder of an eleven year old girl and they were in jail for thirty one years.
Speaker 3: They were teenagers at the time they were convicted, right, and it.
Speaker 4: Was convicted based on coerce confessions and fabricated evidence. That's the ones that really get me is when they go back and they retry the case or they look at the evidence that was used and they find out that, you know, these kids were teenagers, they have coerce confessions and fabricated evidence. You know, these law enforcement agents sees were fabricating evidence to put these guys in jail, right, and then they found out that through DNA that had fight another uh suspect and I think that suspect died while he was in prison on another charge. But here's two kids, you know, teenagers for thirty one years, you know, having to fight for their life and then finally they're let go. It's you know, they they win settlements, they get settlements from the state for this, but you know, does that is that even you know, is it is it fair compensation for taking thirty one years from somebody?
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a life, that's the prime.
Speaker 2: That's the prime of their life too. That's not even like you know, and when you get out of you get out of prison at fifty and you've been in there since a teenager, you're not in the same shape as you know, regular civilian. You've now you know, gone through a thing where you're living in a box. And plus if they were you know, marked as child killers and rapists, uh, you know, they weren't exactly making friends. Okay, yeah. Good.
Speaker 3: The guy that was the longest, this was Ronnie Long.
Speaker 4: He was convicted of rape and burglary and he was in prison for over forty four years. He was convicted in seventy six despite not matching the victims description, and you know, his evidence was mishandled and there was a rape kit that ended up missing. He was fin donerated and he got twenty five million from the state. But you know, just twenty five million make up for over forty four years of being in jail.
Speaker 2: Well no number one, number two, you know, like in that case I was talking about what's messed up? There is you know, look, they got the handprint. Okay, they exonerated him, but you know that's twenty two years twenty How do you get that back? Number one? Number two? You know, what they had as a as you know, as part of the weight of the conviction came from the living witness from the crime scene who did identify these two, you know, two guys, and they identify the one guy who was in prison, right because they said he never gave up as co conspirator, but he identified him. And then when they actually brought you know, the real guy or you know, they gave him a picture of the real guy, and you know, at the time that the occurrence happened and everything, the guy admitted, yeah, okay, that's the guy, and he thought they were the same person, like literally, that has to be the same guy that I testified against. And he was just wrong, dude, I mean, and I'm not blaming him. You go through a traumatic, you know situation, your memory might be a little off, you know, and you're also being presented with a guy who you're being told by the police who or they are you know, protecting you now that you you know, survived this whole event and whatever, and they're like, look, we just want to get the guy, so they're sympathetic to you and everything else. You don't think that that makes it a little easier to sort of bend the person that you're being presented with. Is this the guy? Yeah, if it's close even in appearance, you know, same race, about the same height, whatever. And I think in this case, the guy was like like Latino looking, you know what I mean, Like they were both like Latino looking guys, so you know, they were sort of similar. And when you looked at the pictures from the same time period, because the guy who did it was older than this guy at the time, but he was already in prison. That was the weird part. He's in prison for a whole other thing. And then they had to go and you know, bring this charge on him. And I don't remember if they even caught the co conspirator, because I just thought it was so ridiculous that even after they extracted the DNA from the corpse twenty two years later, they didn't have a full DNA profile, but they had enough of a profile to exclude this guy who did share a blood type with the other guy. Because look, I'll tell you this, I got a positive blood, right, the majority of you know, quote, white males in America have a positive blood overwhelming majority. It's like super common. Blood type is nothing, you know. I mean, it means something if you need a transfusion, but otherwise you share a blood type with a lot of people, unless you know, you got like super like what is that AB negative or AB positive blood? Or if you got TYPO negative blood, it's kind of rare. But other than that, blood types are fairly common, you know what I mean. So like a blood type is nothing, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: You know an example of how bad it is here in North Carolina, they've exonerated fifty eight people.
Speaker 3: And this is a report.
Speaker 4: That was put out by the Wilson Center of Law and Justice at Duke University. And you know, they had a problem with people that were being exonerated. So the state put together a commission back in two thousand and six to kind of look at and make recommendations for changes in the way evidence is handled and the way witness testimony is handled. And they made these recommendations. Well, eleven cases were people who were wrongly convicted after this commission was established.
Speaker 3: And so even you know, states have a tough job.
Speaker 4: On being able to try to find the guidelines for their court system to handle things like this.
Speaker 3: But here's eleven guys.
Speaker 4: Even after a commission was established and had been working for quite some time, it was still convicted over bad evidence, bad testimony, bad shenanigans by law enforcement.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm like, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: If if I could trust the system better, I wouldn't have a hesitation. But I'd rather have somebody sitting in prison than put to death. And we find out later that it wasn't him, right, you know, look at the look at the most probably one of the most famous recent cases. Uh, you know when Netflix did that special making, uh, making a Murderer, Right, And the guy who was convicted in that he had been in jail for a rate that he didn't commit, and he had an alibi, solid alibi with receipts of where he wasn't even in town. And once he got out of of prison on that charge, he met with the victim and the victim positively identified him several times, that's the guy, this is the guy, and uh, they were able to meet after he got out of prison, and it was found that it was another guy that was in jail that actually did it, you know, and she apologized, she said, I'm sorry, I got it wrong. So you know, there you have a case of somebody who was adamant, Yes that's the guy who attacked me. And years down the road, you know, they they find out that, no, it couldn't be that guy.
Speaker 3: It was this guy. We've got the DNA to prove it.
Speaker 4: So you know, what do you do that It's that's got to sit on somebody's shoulders for a long time to think that, you know, I'm responsible for that guy going to jail. Yeah, but I made an an honest mistake. It wasn't like, you know, she went out of her way to persecute the guy because she didn't like him. It was an honest mistaken mistake.
Speaker 3: Can put somebody in, you know, on death row. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I have faith in the system that allows that to happen.
Speaker 2: But that's what I brought up about that guy that survived the home invasion thing, right, is that look, the guy honestly thought that he was, you know, pointing the finger at the right guy. But eyewitnesses get things wrong regarding shop lit thing. Man, I mean, they think they see stuff that they don't, and they see stuff that they didn't. You know, it's just eyewitnesses are not super as reliable as people want to make them out to be, you know what I mean, in a lot of cases.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I think a bigger problem that we have right now are people that go to court and are convicted. And we're seeing a lot of this in North Carolina right now. Guys that are being convicted of assault, attempted murder, things like that.
Speaker 3: They go to jail, they get convicted, and they get six months.
Speaker 4: We have a current case that took place up in Winston Salem not long ago. A kid, a teenager gets out of a vehicle with a I don't know if it was an AR fifteen or an AK forty seven and lets fourteen shots off into a crowd of kids in a park, in a gathering and one person dies, a bunch of people are injured, and.
Speaker 3: They let him out on five thousand dollars bond.
Speaker 4: Well we didn't think, you know, the judge says, well, I don't think he's that big of a threat to the community. He just shot up a group of teenagers and you let him out on five thousand some bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the problem we're seeing now is with these judges. And I'm seeing stories weekly of different parts of the country where these judges get in there and get somebody that's a fifty six time of felon, you know, fifty six charges. They go, they get caught, they get let out of jail, and they're right back, you know, assaulting somebody within a week of getting out, some of them the same day that they get out.
Speaker 3: I think our problem now is more.
Speaker 4: You know, if we're gonna if we're going to prosecute people, then hold them accountable and put them in jail. But when you attempt to kill somebody and you get six months, something's wrong with that judge.
Speaker 2: Well not only then the.
Speaker 4: Judge goes against the recommendations for sentencing that the state has come up with and give somebody six months over attempted murder. You think you're going to teach that guy a lesson six months, but you don't. Sorry, we need to start looking at these damn judges.
Speaker 2: Look, the whole thing is a problem, and it goes in all directions, you know, the the over prosecution, the the over you know, the overly rigged. You know. Conviction rate is one thing, yes, But on the other hand, you're right about this. I'll tell you something you don't even want to get into. Murder and assault and what's what you know, just if you live in a populated area, you know, if you want to freak yourself out, go ahead and look at those websites to tell you where all the pedophiles are, you know, all the registered sex offenders in your area. And I'm telling you I don't know anybody that doesn't you know, that lives in a like a densely populated, relatively densely populated area that can't find themselves surrounded by the little blue dots on the pedophile website, you know what I mean, where it's like these guys don't serve time in a lot of cases. I mean, as much as I'm upset about the wrongly convicted, the guy that are just left to, you know, continue to roam and Greek havoc are also a problem. So that's the thing. It's throughout the entire system. It is from front to back, from A to Z. It's a problem because it is not being done evenly. I've certainly complained plenty of times about how poor people get treated in there, and that's true, but at the same time, there are scumbags that seem to walk free no matter what they do. I mean, look, i'll tell you about a situation. I'm not going to name names, but this is messed up. There is somebody that I know that was like, let's just say, all right, I'll put it to you. He was cutting our grass. Okay, that's what he was doing. And I don't have a lawnmar So he's one of these guys that goes around, Hey, listen, if you need somebody to you know, he stops the neighborhoods if he sees your grass is tall, and knock on your door, right, and he gets together a little client list, and that's what he does. Okay, Well, his girlfriend, you know, after he's like, you know, doing this for a while for us, and now he suddenly disappeared, by the way, but his girlfriend for a little like suddenly pops up out of nowhere. And she was like apparently his girlfriend before, but she hadn't been around. Now she's around. She's even making calls and scheduling when to cut the grass for us and some of our neighbors. Et cetera, et cetera. Right, so you think, Okay, what's Chuck going to say about the dude? Is he a pedophile?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Hang on. The girlfriend is apparently out on bail right for killing one of her own children and one of her nieces or nephews, Okay, murdering small children. She's out on bail, and she was out on bail for, like, I don't know, a year and a half. At like that, I knew of her being out on bail, right, I didn't know what she was out on bail. Four And then eventually a warrant got issued for he because she didn't show up for a court case. Okay, And somehow or other they knew that she was somewhere in our neighborhood with him. Cops came looking for and at a certain point, because I guess something happened where state lines were crossed, the federal marshals were looking for okay. And I mean, she was involved in that major of a crime and was walking around for eighteen months on a bail, two children dead, one of them her own, you know. And meanwhile, you know, she's saying hello to my son, right because hey, he's here, you know, and what is it. Oh, that's the girlfriend of the guy who cuts the grass. No big deal. I was like in show that this woman was walking around after killing one of her own children and either her niece or nephew. I can never get that part of the story straight. Just decided to off them because the father wasn't paying child support for her own child. And I don't know what the reason was for the niece or nephew. But anyway, apparently I'm one of the few people that didn't know about this in like just this part of town, you know. And then when somebody told me about it, went and checked on the website and there she is, her pictures up there, you know. I mean you can go and see when people have been you know, blocked up, you know what I'm talking about bepete where you can check on certain websites and things and you can literally see their mugshot and all that. There she was smiling in her mugshot.
Speaker 3: I remember, not long ago. I can't remember the case, but a guy.
Speaker 17: Appealed it, and this was a a child assault case. He appealed it because he felt like being on the sex offender registry was unfair. I'm sitting here thinking, well, how is it unfair for people.
Speaker 4: To know who their neighbors are. You know, if somebody has been convicted of something like that, is that, Oh, well, he did his time and he paid his price, but he's on this registry, so he's being continually punished for something that he paid his dues. And I'm sitting here thinking, well, part of the dues are people knowing that you're a sex offender and you're on the registry. I mean, you know, we didn't have that thirty years ago. Now we do. And I've actually heard people argue it in court that it is unfair for someone to be on a registry like that years after that they did their time and paid their debt to society, And you know, it really makes you wonder where some of these lawyers come from. I know they get paid to represent their client, but god, there's got be a limit somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, look, lawyers, I mean I could sit here and have a complete tie rate about lawyers in general if I wanted to, but I'm not gonna waste your time with it. The thing is this, I don't even blame the lawyer for giving every single viable defense and protection to a client regardless of whether they're guilty or innocent. I think that's a good thing in our system. But here's the thing. The only reason why they have a precedent to argue over is because, you know, again, the system itself failed somewhere else, you know what I mean, Because if there was a good track record here and they were able to say, listen, we keep these people from committing more crimes if we do this, we do this and that, and it works to do this or that, you would think that that would be the key here where it's like, hey, look, the sex offender registry thing works real well, but it doesn't work that well. You know, it's not like it's not like it's an automatic thing. And also, I don't think it's very fair that a guy who you know, steps over the line with an overly mature looking teenager should be in the same category, you know what I mean, as a straight up you know, kitty diddler. I mean, there's a difference.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, we're seeing part of that in this Epstein files things where you know, they're talking about oh the victims, Oh the victims, Oh the victims, and it's like, well, yeah, they are victims to a degree. But then again, some of these people claiming to be victims were above the age of consent when they engaged in certain activities, So you know, are they.
Speaker 3: Really a victim.
Speaker 2: Well, but here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You have an age of consent loss for a reason.
Speaker 2: Look, there's a point in which Okay, a violation is a violation. Fine, But I just think that there is some level of discernment we could use regarding the I don't know the egregious nature of the crime, exactly what level it goes to, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, you kill a guy in a fight is a different story than you stalked and murdered somebody, you know what I mean. You slept with somebody who lied to you about their age, and you know, if you look at them, you could judge it wrong too, you know, versus the guy who tracks down you know, the clearly not matured person to violate. There is a difference between these things, you know what I mean, And I think that the pendulum swings the wrong. Look, every time there's a correction on these kinds of things, there is an over correction, you know what I mean, Like the me too movement. Sure, it shouldn't be that their entire industries that are completely seemingly insulated and allow predatory behavior to take place where you know, people are put into a position of being humiliated and violated and this and that that should not be permissible. But you know, is it on the same level as the scumbag who randomly attacks and takes down somebody or invades their home and does that to them. No, I don't think so, you know what I mean. It's like the everything becomes as salt is also bullshit. You know, there's a certain level of it's just words. There's a certain level of you know, you were asked to do something, not you were forced, you know what I mean. There's differences here. There's nuance if you will.
Speaker 18: And well you see you see that also when it comes to this, you know, the people that are supportive of hate crimes and it's like, oh, you murdered that guy, but you know you did it because of this or that, and that's a hate crime.
Speaker 4: And it's like, well, now you're getting into the thought crime end of things. You know, yeah, I murdered the guy, but it wasn't out of hate. It was out of this it was for this reason or that reason.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't matter when it comes to murder. To me, I don't care why you murder.
Speaker 4: If you're there's a difference between just fiable homicide and murder and manslaughter, you know, and that's why you have those different degrees of adjudication.
Speaker 3: So I don't care why you murdered the guy. You murdered him, you were found guilty, you were convicted.
Speaker 4: But to put extra on top of it because it was done by because of hate, well maybe it was just done out of anger, you know, and the guy said something why while he was expressing his anger verbally. So now we're gonna trump up the charges. We're gonna make it worse, you know, we're gonna tackle on an extra twenty years because it was a hate crime. It really doesn't matter why you murdered somebody. If you're convicted of murder, you're convicted of murder. You know the reason why you did it, that's on you, right. Whether it's enough to get out of murder and it be deemed justifiable homicide or manslaughter is the way it's argued in court and the way the evidence is presented to support the charges. But this hate crime stuff. That's something I have never understood. You're gonna kill somebody, I mean, if you're gonna commit murder, does it really matter what reason you did it for?
Speaker 2: Well, no, And that's the you know that to me is also is see you and I agree on this completely because here we go again, because you hated somebody, Does that change anything? I mean, in reality, think about this as the surviving victim, right, the person that means the world to you, the person that is of key importance that now your life is forever changed because their life was ended. Now that is horrible. That is a terrible thing to deal with, you know, an irreplaceable parent and irreplaceable child. I don't ever want to think about that, you know, about losing one of them. You know, when it came close a couple of times where I thought that might happen, that was one of the few things I thought I couldn't deal with at all, Right, et cetera. But here's the thing. If somebody took somebody who was that important to me, that close to me, that meaningful to me, am I gonna be any more or less? You know, injured, aggrieved, whatever it is you want to call it because oh they did that because they decided they wanted to kill a white person. That is not going to be like, well now I'm more upset. Now that makes the crime worse, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's you know, look at the Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 3: Look at the Charlie Kirk situation. Is that a reverse hate crime where the.
Speaker 4: Guy that is now getting ready to go to trial over it, could he get less of a punishment because he could say, well, Charlie Kirk was spouting hate. You know, he hated transgenders and he hated gay people. And it's like, well, wait a minute, he didn't hate him, well, but he said things that were interpreted as him hating somebody. So somebody got offended by that and decided to take him out. So he's really not as guilty as somebody that just flat out murdered him.
Speaker 3: You know, you've got that opposite effect there.
Speaker 4: So does it matter if this guy, if Todler Robinson has found guilty for killing Jarley Kirk, does it matter why he did it? You know, when we get into the argument of well, now we're into the penalty phase, so we're going to drag in twenty seven people, and half of them are psychologists and the rest are social workers. And you know five or six family members that you know, the kid had a rough life. You know, the kid grew up in a broken home.
Speaker 3: The kid was abused, the.
Speaker 4: Kid was bipolar, he had been you know, in this case I'm watching today where these two kids tried to rob a couple of girls that were walking home from the movie and there was like three of them in a car and one of them had a gun ended up shooting one of the girls and she died.
Speaker 3: And you hear the.
Speaker 4: Testimony of well, you know, coming up, he went to sixteen different schools, you know, because he was being bounced around from home to home. Okay, but does that change the fact that as a teenager he went out and killed another teenager with a gun.
Speaker 3: You know, that doesn't change the fact.
Speaker 4: But well, we shouldn't be as hard on him because he had a rough upbringing. I've known people that have had the roughest upbringings. You could imagine they were abused as kids, they were in a poor situation, the parents just didn't care and basically caused a lot of the issues that the kid had grown up. But you know, they admit, hey, I had it rough, but I never had it so bad that I would go out and.
Speaker 3: Kill somebody over it.
Speaker 2: Now, the only thing so you can.
Speaker 4: Get that opposite effect, you know, do we hold somebody as culpable if the person that they took out was the dregs of society. I've known some very racist people in my life, and I'm surprised some of them are still alive with some of the stuff that they've done over the years. But it doesn't change the fact that if someone took them out, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Murdered the guy. Does it matter that he pissed you off?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: There you go, he no, no, no. Look, we have two callers now, by the way, That's why I keep trying to jump in, but I want to get to both of them. One is Jimmy James and one appears to be Danny. So I'm gonna try and get to both of them, but just really quickly. The only thing that should make a difference there is if you know, look, let's just say, let's go to the worst possible thing that people have said, and oh, well, Charlie Kirk bubba, but whatever, Okay, let's just say it was a Nazi. Let's just say he was a hateful guy and all that stuff. If he wasn't directly killing people, or you can't prove to me that, you know, by taking him out, suffering was prevented or deaths were prevented. I don't see any way to lessen the impact of what the murder is. And I'm not saying I'm a fan of the guy or anything. I'm simply saying that, just in a direct sense, that would be the only way you're gonna get me to back off of. Maybe I don't punish you as harshly because you saved lives or you prevent it suffering that was eminent that was occurring currently, you know what I mean, Like that would be the only way to have me go. You know what, maybe you shouldn't serve as much or not at all. But if somebody's just spewing propaganda, if somebody's spewing hate speech for real, you know what, you don't have the right to kill them. It's just that simple, and it's not gonna make it any less egregious that you did so period, you know, and the reverse is true because you did it because you were a hateful person. Yeah, no kidding. So what that doesn't change. It doesn't make it lesser, it doesn't make it greater. I mean, I could say that some people's racism is almost like a mental disorder, but it doesn't change the fact that what they did, they were sane enough to know right from wrong. That's the end of the story, you know. And they took this go, you know, and they either did it willingly or they did it. You know, Listen, Manslaughter is a different thing. Maybe circumstances happened. You weren't intending to kill somebody, but hey, it happened, right, I understand that, and that's a different degree. But if you intentionally go and take somebody's life, how do you You don't change that with anybody's hate equation. You don't change that with anybody's bs about what you went through either, because you know what, I can compare notes with most of these bastards who try and do that. I had a bad childhood, and believe me, I'll win that contest every time. And even though I've been investigated for murder, I've never been convicted, so.
Speaker 3: You know, and.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'll leave it at that. Let me get to the callers bp'te okay, Is that all right with you? Okay? So first I'm gonna go to Danny in California. How you doing, man, I'm doing okay.
Speaker 3: Just a little update.
Speaker 19: Just got back from a nephew's Little league game that was enjoyable.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, Uh, fild.
Speaker 19: Up filled up the car and I think it was the six ninety three gallon.
Speaker 3: Yikes.
Speaker 19: Wow, yeah it's in and guess what the roads are full? So go figure. Yeah, a little bit kind of tagging back on what you were talking about, you know, crime.
Speaker 3: I believe that it's equal protection the law.
Speaker 19: Nobody's above the law, nobody's below the law, no matter what the circumstances are. If you get a fair trial and you're guilty, you suffer the consequences. It's pretty simple for me. Most should be when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should be. But and that's the thing in our system, the way it should work. You're correct, right, Yeah. But that's where this conversation started, is that me and BP said, you know, in principle, not because it's preventative, not because it's anything but a correction. I could get on board with the death penalty, but my problem is that, Hey, I don't want to have the debate anymore. And B you know what, I don't trust the system to implement in a you know, correct manner. I don't because I've seen too many mistakes. I've seen too many mistakes where people have been wrongly convicted. And you know what, we also talked about the swing on the system the other way, from front to back. The whole system is simply not trustworthy. And BP and I come to the same conclusion where it's like, even if you believed, you know what, as soon as somebody's convicted, string them up on the courthouse lawn. Okay, I don't trust the judicial system to make that decision in the first place, not with the current circumstances. And it's because it'll either be you know, it's unequally applied. It just is. And yeah, I know about my conversations about rich people getting better treatment and everything else, but reality again, there is no equal treatment. There is no impartiality here. And quite frankly, there's a bunch of you know, people in the system who do things that are you know, let's just say, not in the interest of justice, whether they be prosecutors or they be defense attorneys or they be judges, or they are individuals who are involved in policing that end up twisting things one way or another because they have a conclusion in hand and they get it done, or they ignore the wrong people. It's a constant, you know, misjudgment problem, and it's a little too flawed to have such finality as the way it is. So I get it, but I'm also tired of debating about the morality of it or anything else, you know why, because look, we're all going to die someday anyway, and quite frankly, you know what, certain circumstances, I don't see any problem with you know, this person basically, you know, revoked their own right to continue to breathe because they are that much of a savage and they need to go. And quite frankly, I think it's more humane than imprisonment, you know. And I know that's a weird moral stance to take, but to me, it's more morally correct to simply say, you know what, you've gone to a certain level of you don't belong here with the rest of us, and we can't ship you out to an isolated island where you'll just live and no longer be around regular people. So wherever you go, you're a burden, and maybe you should just check out early. You know, I don't feel bad about that. I don't even though I don't think it's right to kill anybody, and I don't want it done in my name though. If it's not the proper thing, I don't want it done, and then it's a mistake, and then it's you know, oops, we discovered. No, I'd rather that people weren't put to death. I'd rather people walk free. I'm one of those guys, you know, one hundred people walks free, so that we don't put one person down, or we don't put one person in prison. Yes, I believe that that's the kind of thing we have to do. But sadly the system is not trustworthy enough in my mind for the finality of the death penalty. And you know, in principle, basically, I guess b Pete and I came to an agreement about that. I think Jimmy James is also on the line. Might have a different opinion, but we'd see it. We'll see. What are your thoughts though, or would you like to skip this subject? Because you know what, either way, I'll be happy because again I'm exhausted from this debate to be honest with you throughout my life.
Speaker 19: Yeah, go ahead, I can give it a couple of highlights of just my personal view. Sure, I can see it as a self as in a small scale society, you know, community where you don't have a really a prison system, but you got a psycho far as like for self, you know, like for just self preservation and protection. I can understand it. But in our large scale, complex society, we do have too many flaws. So I saw him against capital punishment, and I kind of came to this conclusion not as a debate. There was kind of a debate here in California, you know, they were kind of doing away with the death penalty, and I was probably about fifteen reading the Gospel, and it just kind of dawned on me that here was the savior I follow, and he was put to death and he was innocent.
Speaker 3: So I just kind of had this for a moral.
Speaker 19: Reasonissed against it on that aspect, But I was touched with a quick I'll be quick, as I had a a cousin. I won't give out the name or anything, but he was a special Forces ended up being a sheriff and he was killed by his own gun, and it ended up being a big funeral in a state funeral in the state of Washington, and I saw the political forces on all sides going out. But it was interesting is that in one of the papers I was reading, it was the sister the killer that killed my cousin.
Speaker 3: He apologized. She apologized to our family, and.
Speaker 19: It was kind of in my grief, she was trying to kind of make the case even though her brother was guilty and had a problem with drugs and mental illness, he was still loved as a child by a family and that there was two families who are going to be that are devastated by it. So I at that moment decided that I got to kind of let that go where I have still some family that still would like to see him put to death, and I can't make that decision for them, but I understand how they feel that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense well right, And to me, the reason why I say it's more humane though, to actually just follow through on a fairly speedy death penalty if you have a reliable system, I believe, is because look, if you're imprisoned, you know you're basically sentenced to a walking death. If you're never going to walk out of there alive because your family eventually abandons you. You know, you have nothing else but the institution, and whether you were wrongly or rightly convicted, you're in a state of limbo for the rest of your life, where you're in a box, you know, maybe, And to me, that is a whole lot more tortuous and rough on an individual than simply putting them down. I really feel that way, you know, because look, I believe in an afterlife and I believe in all that. So therefore you'd be setting them free and letting them go back to being something better than what they were here. You know, in philosophical terms, you're doing the more righteous thing. Now, I understand where your position comes from, but I'm just saying that, you know, you and I did for here, But you understand where I'm coming from that quite honestly exactly. If you're incarcerated for the rest of your life, you know, how fair is that? And also, you know, think about stuff like this, Sir Hans, Sir Han, who's allegedly the killer of you know, Bobby Kennedy in nineteen sixty eight, right, the guy is in prison longer than you know, people have committed three murders on three separate occasions already, and he would have been let out had the governor not decided to keep him in there, you know. I mean, I'm just saying, you know, we don't have equality here because that was for political reasons, et cetera. And you know, and the family even had mixed feelings about that, where it's like some wanted to let him go. And I'm not trying to get into a debate about it. I'm just saying that after a while, you know, there's also that element of it, how long does somebody sit there and if they're gonna you know, die in there like Manson and they get claimed by you know, a grand nephew three months later, you know, you're talking about a burden and something that's more macab than anything when you send somebody to that living death of incarceration. Anyway, Danny, I want to get to Jimmy James real quick, and I'm sorry, but let me keep you on the line and get a final word from you before we go. Okay, okay, thank you, excellent, Danny. Hang On, Let's see if Jimmy James wants to chime in here. He was in such a good mood. I hope it didn't change because we wound up talking about a dark subject. But Jimmy, you're back on and I don't know where you went, but you were just like a little bit of static and no voice at all before. Are you okay?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: Like your phone's good? Oh yeah, there you are?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: Well, first, kept the punishment. I think it should only be carried out when it's absolutely there's no doubt about it. I mean, these characters, they're on video cameras can fast. I mean, there's no reason to keep these people alive when it's certain DNA and everything else. So when they're absolutely guilty of capital murder, then but everyone else and there's not physical evidence in particular, I'm kind of a little funny on that. But and other than that, Danny, Hey, Danny, I'm in California. Man, what's going on? Is everyone celebrating may Day?
Speaker 2: Well? You want me to put him on so he can answer himself about may Day? Oh yeah, I thought, yeah, yeah, okay, Well, no, Usually I put only one to be on at a time, just to keep down on the noise. But here, here's Danny and uh so, so Danny, are they celebrating May Day in Commifornia? Is I think Jimmy's question, I.
Speaker 19: Am celebrating International Workers Day. You know, I appreciate that after eight hours, I get over time, and I got a weekend and all those lessons. Yeah, I'm glad that Jimmy brought up maybe the International Workers Date. No, I think everybody's too busy to to They take everything for granted that the labor movement has done well.
Speaker 2: There you go. I mean, look, there's lots of different ways to look at it. And uh, you know, as far as what Jimmy James said about the death penalty, though I agree with that as well. You know, there are certain circumstances where, you know, what, if it's like pretty much ironclad, why the hell do these guys get like, you know, twenty extra years to sit around. I mean, you know, I agree with giving them a last meal and all that, but there's got to be a way to streamline this so that it's like, listen, you know, you're one of these cases where we know you did this. There's no way in hell that you know, this could all be fabricated or there's got to be a standard there where you could sort of know you're the circumstance that you know, meets all the criteria to get this done. You know, speedy trial and speedy enforcement of punishment as well. You should have a right to both. And again, I just feel as though that's morally more sound than making somebody wait around for twenty years and also wait up to their execution day and get a stay of execution and all this other nonsense. You see. You know, people go on for decades in there and die waiting for the death penalty. You know, what kind of sense does that make? You know, in a civilized society, Daddy, what are your thoughts there?
Speaker 19: Like I, like I said, I where I'm where I'm per sallym for moll reasons opposed to it that I do understand the argument that you know, have an absolute evidence, especially say in a small skill society or community for actual self defense, and that that kind of I can I can understand that moral argument that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, of course, But I mean when you've got a guy who has you know, there are cases I've seen where these guys don't even want the appeals and they do it anyway, you know, where it's like if the guy voluntarily of sound mind says, listen, get this over with. I see no reason to delay it, you know, And in some cases they are like, no, you got to go through these mandatory appeals and so on and so forth, and I don't know. To me, it just seems like a gigantic waste of resources that could be directed elsewhere, you know, on people that have surrendered and even themselves have decided, you know what, I'm a bad guy. I need to go. I've seen it, you know, some of these interviews where a guy seems pretty much a sound mind saying, look, I know I messed up and I got to pay for it, but you know, let's go. You know. I mean in a case where like Caroline Morenos or whatever her name was, you know, where she was screaming about it. You know, Okay, I get it. That's somebody who's obviously got mental issues and might not in a sane way make that same request. But I mean, if you're basically sitting there going, look, I know I messed up, I did this, and yeah you got me. Evidence is all there, what is the delay about, you know, firing squad or otherwise at the end of the day, as long as it's a fairly efficient way.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't know. Look, you can draw this line a lot of different ways, but still I don't trust the system as it stands. And it sounds like we all kind of can agree on that at least. Anyways, Jimmy, did did you? Did you want to add anything else? Because we got to now close out real quick here. I want to give Jimmy a last word and Danny a last word because Aaron is coming up and I'm really cutting into his time now by about a minute. So go ahead, Jimmy, you got a last word.
Speaker 7: I have a good weekend piece.
Speaker 2: There you go, and I appreciate that. Jimmy short sweet and of course, ending on the word piece, Danny, how about.
Speaker 19: You, I want to I want to give a shout out thanks for Jimmy James for making me smile, because that was one of the topics that I would get to, is about May Day and International Workers Day, and I appreciate that everybody that works there's digny in their work and in their labor, so I appreciate it, and I agree with Jimmy. Peace in this world.
Speaker 2: True enough, and I'll tell you something labor or not. You know, most human beings that I encounter, unless you know, again, they have decided to act in such a way where they have personally revoked their desire to you know, participate in society. I think we all deserve some level of dignity and decency, you know, regardless of our past and so on and so forth. But but then again, you know, there are characters who have done horrible enough things that you know, maybe that's enough. Slack is all I got to say. Be Pete, you got a final word for the week.
Speaker 3: Well, I just appreciate Danny and Jimmy calling in.
Speaker 4: Go to a chelly dot com, hit the donate button, do its camstick, crowbar, and your wallet every little bit else.
Speaker 2: It sure would. And you know what, the food banks and all that, I know, they're running bear in a lot of places. And you know I recently went and tried to get something and they didn't have anything left here and making so you know, that's another thing to consider, is like, you know, I don't want to help out Chuck, Okay, help somebody out do that, you know, I get it. But going forward, I am going to require some help from some of you out there more than just the people that are close the people that call into this show, and my co host would be nice, you know, just saying you know, cause uh look, I'm getting squeezed like everybody else, and I'd like to be able to continue to do this and do more for you as a presenter of information and a creator of content. Coming up next on o'keelly dot com is the Age of Transitions with Aaron Franz. I have no idea what that show is going to be like, and maybe he doesn't either, but what the hell, let's get it done. And until next week, definitely I am merely o'celly. All of you could be the effect, and I'm definitely gonna do some short attention span DJ theater coming up, and definitely check out the podcast from Larry Hancock on Wednesday about the War Powers Act. I think that was a hell of a good discussion as well, and who knows, maybe we have some more coming up this coming week. Stay tuned and you'll know for sure. Take care.
Speaker 10: What would I do? Ravelation through conversation in a radio show slash podcast? You want the good news? Listen to the o'helly Effect. Check o'celly is the most underrated voice in all media, news, education, and entertainment. The daily bread from o'helly dot com. Go there, save yourself from ignorance ochelly dot com. But we all agreed to put o'ceelly dot com on and listen to the o'helly effect revelation through conversation o'helly dot com.
Speaker 5: Gee, this is the Comedy Hour.
Speaker 14: Then talk here Sidekick and Missus specick Man, Crazy Accidents in the Crack.
Speaker 20: Rooming bon Go the podcast Him Brought Him, Unco podcast, Get the Phones, Ringing, Crack Grocery Creep, Uncle the Podcast, Uncle, the podcast Uncle, the.
Speaker 1: Podcast Get the Trains Not Going Shows on.
Speaker 20: Uncle, the podcast Crazy as Say Jimmy Christ Unco the.
Speaker 13: Podcast No One con An Hour Telcome to the Hours, Uncle the podcast.
Speaker 14: On the conversation Uncle Uncle, Uncle, Tell Sidekick stop playing with those dolls. Uncle the podcast Turning Them One, Uncle the podcast, on.
Speaker 1: The podcast Uncle, the podcast Just Want What They Wanted?
Speaker 5: Wanted Person