Speaker 2: Job.
Speaker 1: This is one O one one w jr R, Orlando's rock station. Time to check it out some of the latest technology news for this week. It's brought to you by JR r's rocktober Fest this weekend Tomorrow and Saturday at the Central Florida Amphitheater at the Fairgrounds. It's just what you'd think.
Speaker 2: It is called rocktober Fest, live music, German, food, craft, beer and music wise. De Leon that's a German band, you know, the old school German. And Hardwired that's Metallic Contribute yep. What's the other one.
Speaker 1: We've got the Panthera Experience performing, and then there's also a Poison Tributes. Yeah, so little something something for everyone and good eats, good drinks all Friday and Saturday Fairgrounds there with jr R roctober Fest. We'll have some tickets up for grabs. You can try the windows. Actually you can try to win them right now. If you throw a vote in for you say we play it. Everybody who votes will be eligible to win tickets for that this morning. That's on the Facebook page. All right, let's see, let's begin with this story from right here in Orlando this week. The mother of a fourteen year old boy who committed suicide has filed a case in federal court against artificial intelligence chat bot startup Character dot Ai, accusing the company of causing her fourteen year old son's suicide back in February, saying he became addicted to the company's service and deeply attached to a chat bot it created. In the lawsuit filed in federal court here in Orlando this week, Megan Garcia said Character dot Ai targeted her son with anthromorphic, hyper sexual, hyper sexualized, and frighteningly realistic experiences. She said the company programmed its chatbot to misrepresent itself as a real person, a licensed psychotherapist and an adult lover, ultimately resulting in his desire to no longer live outside of the world created by the service.
Speaker 2: Well, this is not the first suicide that has been blamed on it.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens with the court case. Some changes made to X formerly Twitter as it relates to the block feature the X once activated. Now blocked users won't be able to interact with the user and their post, but they'll still be able to see them. End of story. That's it. You'll only be able to look at the stuff, you won't be able to take any kind of action whatsoever, and that's being received with mixed feelings by users on x SO saw that Meta has placed a ban on tracking private jets of celebrities and just well known folks in general. They've taken a stand on accounts that reveal the tracking information of private jets owned by the likes of well, in this case, we're talking thirty eight accounts owned by Jack Sweeney, the UCF student, have been shut down on Instagram and threads. Those accounts would show real time data on location of some big name folks, and you're familiar with most of the folks that Jack had been tracking, including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Taylor Swift, Donald Trump, and many others. Even though the information is actually publicly available, assuming you know how to get it. Meta's decision is due to what they construed as a threat to the physical harm of these figures being tracked. A lot of wackados out there, which obviously obviously the Federal Trade Commission now taking a stand against fake reviews online. FTC chair Lena Khan said in a final rule that's been created to strengthen the FTC's toolkit to fight to set of advertising. Under this new role, anyone who participates in a fake online review could be fined up to fifty one thousand dollars good because they could be ruining people's business. The move was made to protect Americans from getting cheated, put businesses that unlawfully game the system unnoticed, and promote markets that are fair, honest, and competitive. How they're going to actually enforce it? Please? Please, let's see this an action. Amazon Prime giving Prime members an additional perk. How about saving ten cents a gallon on gas? Is it that the Walmart? Walmart has their own situation with through their app? This is through Amazon Prime. They have partnered with roughly seven thousand Amaco, AMPM, and BP stations across the US, which will give Prime members a ten cent per gallon discount on fuel purchases. When you sign up via BP as an Amazon Prime member, so and sends off a gallon. Every penny counts, Yes, it does. Those of you who utilize Wi Fi, which is almost all of us, especially at your house, know that a lot of times when you try to walk outside the confines of your home. Maybe, hey, let's listen to some music out on the back patio, the signal isn't always that great as far as the Wi Fi strength goes well. Mesh Wi Fi pioneer company Eero, which is alsoly also owned by Amazon, has announced the Eero Outdoor seven, specifically built to extend your home Wi Fi to outdoor spaces. Up to fifteen thousand square feet of outdoor coverage, both two point four and five gigahertz signals will be boosted and brought out into your outdoor living space, which fifteen thousand square feet should be adequate to cover most outdoor areas for homes. You know, whether you've got a TV out back or you're just trying to stream something through your your device. So three nine the starting price for the euro Outdoor seven. That might be a solution for those of you who have weak Wi Fi signals around the perimeter of your home. Tesla promising paid robo tax taxes by next year. Elon Musk yesterday said the electric vehicle maker will roll out driverless ride hailing services to the public in California and Texas starting next year. This provided uh they'll be able to clear what will probably be significant regulatory and technical challenges but transportation continues to plow forward with Tesla and some new innovations with Tesla.
Speaker 2: You keep those over in Texas in California. Don't bring that to Florida yet. Wait until, wait until you have some trial runs there, you know, like a year or two.
Speaker 1: Taco is what is AI? In general? You're down on AI. You don't want any driverless cars or vehicles. Those those are out the window for you at this point. Yes, we're just keeping track here of.
Speaker 2: Give me, give me an Uber driver up front that smells like maybe a little wheat or something.
Speaker 1: No, that's not on Uber. That's any right. All right, there you go. Some techt stories as we check it out. For this week. We got this Lynching Taco commercial Free Rock Workday, Rock Block, Ready to go, Taco, It's ready right around eight o'clock. All right, stand by for that. Glad you're with us. Clinch and Taco on demand.
Speaker 2: Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere. This is j R r