Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Kenny Hey David bat said, we.
Speaker 3: Are live at Dodgers Stadium for Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Your Los Angeles Dodgers a half game better than the Phillies who lost earlier today for the best record in baseball. The Dodgers are in first place in the NL West, holding off the Arizona Diamondbacks and San Diego Padres. The Dodgers have a three game lead over both Arizona and San Diego. The Cardinals just took the lead in Saint Louis. It is three to two Cardinals over the Padres in the bottom of the fourth inning. We'll keep you updated all night long on the scoreboard watching, but the Dodgers have to take care of business tonight with Walker Bueller on the mound going up against Corbin Burns in front of a sellout crowd at Dodgers Stadium. Four show Hey Otani's second bobb allhead night featuring his dog Decoy. And you never know who might show up in the booth. The Prince of Tabs, Bernie Selmonson might show up coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on decks. We'll hear from manager Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Blake Trenin, and also Hall of Famer Jim Palmer would join us.
Speaker 4: Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 3: We'll check in for the first time in just a few moments before they're on the call tonight at seven to ten. But last night, the Orioles gave it to the Dodgers as they beat them three to two, and it was a tied one to one game after two innings. But in the bottom of the third inning, Teoscar Hernandez gave the Dodgers the lead with two outs.
Speaker 5: Found the shortness first at back, good speed on the basis there's a line grove left center field for patient scoring EASi layers O time, that's a second.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers take a two.
Speaker 5: To one lead the RBI single the left center by the Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Ti Oscar Hernandez hitting two eighty six with runners in scoring position, and he certainly has had a lot of opportunities. No Dodger has come to the plate with more runners in scoring position this season than Taoscar Hernandez. In the fifth inning, though that changed the game. Top half of the fifth, with one on and one out, Jack Flaherty threw a hanging slider to the Orioles number nine hitter ramon Urias.
Speaker 6: There goes Holiday the one two hit high in the ear deep to left field. Ta Oscar Hernandez is going to turn and watch it fly into the Dodger bullpen.
Speaker 2: It's a go ahead.
Speaker 6: Two run home run for ramon Urias out of the ninth spot of the order. Second home run given up by Jack Flaherty tonight, and all of a sudden, the Dodgers trail three to two.
Speaker 4: And that would be the final score.
Speaker 3: That was our top top tier play the game sponsored by Arco Quality top tier gas for less. In the bottom half of that fifth inning.
Speaker 4: By the way, the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers had a golden opportunity to at the very least tie this game. They had two on and nobody out for the top of their order Otani Betts and Taoscar Hernandez, but they were not able to deliver, and the Dodgers go down three to two, but remain three.
Speaker 4: Games up on the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: The Padres won last night, so they also, like I mentioned, are three games back. Tonight Walker Bueller, continuing to try to get his season back on track. First pitch coming up at seven ten and with more We continue from the Gallupi Motors Broadcast booth, just one row in front of us, Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 6: Thank you DV all Right, well we're here.
Speaker 2: We made it.
Speaker 6: We are alive. We are in one pieces. Coogrets barely we barely made today. Just a little bit a smidge a definitely know that the news choppers floating above Los Angeles. Did everybody be safe and be be normal getting to the ballpark today. I know it's a busy one with sho heey Otani and the decoy bobblehead, but let's get to the ballgame now, mo. The Dodgers got to even this series against the Orioles. Look coming into this three game set, the talk was, hey, this could be a World Series preview among division winners. They also could be a preview of two teams who don't win their respective divisions because the Orioles are behind the Yankees, the Dodgers are trying to hold off the Diamondbacks and the Padres. But Game one it did have a postseason feel late and tight.
Speaker 7: I agree percent because both teams these are games that count. I mean, the Dodgers three games now as they start tonight, three games in front of both Arizona and San Diego the NATIONALLYGUE Western Division. If you look at Baltimore, they crept a little bit closer. They're just one game behind the Yankees for first place in the America League Eastern Division. So yeah, this is like Rockets regular and let's go. This is gonna be a jam house. It was a sellout last night and little reason that the Dodgers can't kind of rise the occasion. But they're gonna have to do it in a different sense. They were only won for eight with runners in scoring position. They had the tying and the winning run, possible winning run on base in the bottom of the ninth last night, just could not push it across. Don't blame it on the bullpen for the Dodgers. They did a very good job. And what about Alex Vessie. Quick numbers on Vessie now coming out of the bullpen, and he worked one inning that was in the seventh. He did walk a couple of batters, he struck out a couple. You know, he's allowed just a one fifty seven batting average against him all year long.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Alex Vesi, We've talked about it before, but you know, if not for a tough start and if he played for a different team, he would have been an All Star just because you know, the Dodgers and so many representatives in Arlington. Alex Vesio was definitely deserving of that. So now we turn our attention to Game two, where again I'm sort of looking for a similar ballgame where it's not like the Orioles they crossed the Didgers or took advantage of runners in scoring position. It was just two swings and that's the that's the kind of thing that will happen in the post.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, you look at Orioles. They came in second place of all teams with the home run. So they hit number two hundred and two hundred and one last night, solo blast and a two run blast on top of it. So the Dodgers have to figure out how to get some runners on and then cash them in a little different lineup as far as the view of it. Tommy Edmonds in the lineup again last night in centerfield. Tonight's going to be at shortstop, and Kevin Kiirmyer will be in center field. Kicky Hernanus again is at first base as Freddy Freeman is not going to start for the second game in a row and trying to calm down the middle finger of his throwing hand that has that microfracture right at the end. It has really caused some problems for him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's definitely a concern as we get here to the later stages of the regular season. All RDV, We're going to send it back to you and we talk to you again. We'll get into this pitching matchup. It's a good one. Walker Buehler for the Dodgers and Corbin Burns for Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Hey, looking forward to with Nelly as we count down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Barler order your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos now at Shakys dot com. As we continue from Dodgers Stadium, you'll hear from manager Dave Roberts, Blake Trin, and Jim Palmer and leading you up to Dodgers and Orioles Game two of this three game series. First pitch coming up at seven ten on Show Hey O Taani bobblehead Night. I'm David Vasse and this is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Laurento Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Orioles, Game two of this three game series, Walker Mueller going up against former brewer Corbin Burns. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewise a show.
Speaker 5: Hey Otani steps in first pitch, line dropped the right field and it's gonna drop in for a basin, A step in front of Anthony's santan dare and so on one pitch, the Dodgers have their first base runner of the night, a single to right by show. Hey Otani singled in his first at bat and has just singled in his second at bat between Henderson and the shortstop and the holiday the second base show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani last night was the only player on the field to collect multi hits, and if you look at Otani's month of August, he has nine home runs and twelve stolen bases. He is obviously one home run shy of double digits this month. Can you believe there's only been seven players in the history of baseball since nineteen oh one that have had at least ten home runs and ten stolen bases. Otani, including tonight, has four shots at that, and he just continues to make history whenever he's on the field. Otani rewind brought to you by Eto ns oi Ocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that show Hey Otani loves and drinks available at your local disos stores, Amazon and eto ent dot com. That's I t O e N dot com.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Last night, Jack Flairty was on the mound for the Dodgers. He suffered his first loss in a Dodger uniform, and he also got hit on his pitching hand in the fifth inning by a line drive. Here he was after the game on sports net LA.
Speaker 8: Jack, how's your hand fitting right now compared to one battle that game?
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 9: Everyone checks out pretty good.
Speaker 10: And then we'll see how it is tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Fins for here right now and you follow up on the progress of it, meaning tomorrow imaging your stuff and I'll talk to them after this. We just looked at a little bit, but I think we were pretty good stuff wise. How did you feel out there before and after the hit? I mean all felt the same. I wouldn't have kept pitching if if things felt felt bad.
Speaker 10: That's just a situation there. Turner gets a hit and walk walk Tony. But we're just gonna go out and make pitches. And then Tail made a really nice play to get me out of that inning. But you know, overall, just two pitches that I really like back that they put their swings on that they should and uh, you know, otherwise, just continue to find a ways to get out and I don't try to get deeper.
Speaker 7: But slide on the second one?
Speaker 2: Is that kind of weird to.
Speaker 10: Thro No, no, no, I'm not trying. I'm not trying to throw it there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think it counts one two. They're like throw them, throwing them a handful of good ones and just need to get it more to the outer half and get it down away in there is where you can handle it. And you know he put gas wing on. It doesn't always happened. You know, hitting is hard, but you wanna you wanna fill up the zone. You want to go attack, but you want to make a better pitch there, and you know I would love to have that one back.
Speaker 11: Is there any bruising or swelling on the wrist is obviously wrapped to the twin innings up.
Speaker 10: I mean I was able to go out and finish the finish the sixth with with no real issues whatsoever. And and I'll see hotist tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He was fine, and he's fine today. Jack Flaherty online to pitch one of those four games in Arizona against the Diamondbacks. Dodger fans en hand to your listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listen n HD start by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos, Lacare dot or still to come. On Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll preview this pitching matchup. We'll go one on one with Hall of Famer Jim Palmer. But next we'll give you the latest Dodger injury report. I'm David Basse and this is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Sure, well, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home.
Speaker 2: For LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Heyst say live at Dodgers Stadium. As we get you set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Orioles coming up at seven ten Morongo Casino Resort and SPA a Grand Slam four good times. It is show Hey, tiny bobblehead night. If you're coming to the games, just be patient. You have a very good chance of getting that babblehead. So I know it's the first forty thousand fans in attendance, but just be kind to one another. It's a bobblehead and we want you all to enjoy the experience tonight.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: This Dodger Injury Report, presented by UCLA helped the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. You heard Rick and Steven mentioned it earlier. Freddie Freeman out for the second straight game, dealing with that micro fracture in his right middle finger. I was actually talking to Freddy's former manager and now bench coach for the Orioles, Freddy Gonzalez, and he told me I can't remember the last time Freddie Freeman missed two straight games.
Speaker 4: He must be.
Speaker 3: Really hurting, and really the Dodgers want Freddie Freeman ready for that four game series in the Desert against the second place Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: We have a Yoshi Yamamoto update.
Speaker 3: He has completed his first rehab start for Oklahoma City. He went two innings tonight, gave up a solo home run, and threw thirty one pitches. So he's on his way back and should rejoin the rotation by mid September. All right, let's head downstairs to the Dodger dugout to hear from manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: The question for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 12: In the dugout with Dave Roberts, Freddie, I haven't seen him today. I assume he's doing better. We'll see if he's available tonight. Off the bench. Last night he wasn't. I know, I said he was, but he wasn't. And tonight I'm gonna kind of run the same playbook and we'll see how he's feeling if the game is.
Speaker 7: On the line.
Speaker 8: Teller Glass know anything new on him.
Speaker 12: He is getting better today. I think he's gonna resume throwing on Friday, so he'll travel with us to Phoenix and he'll resume his throwing program. So at that point in time, if it goes well, then we'll see where he's at.
Speaker 8: Yoshinoboya my most obviously a big step today. What do you expect in cernly what's following up after that?
Speaker 12: So with Yoshinobu, it's gonna be two innings tonight and hopefully it goes well, and then after that five or six days later he'll do a three inning situation, and then from that point on, you know, I think it's a conversation if four innings to start for us makes sense or will he need another start? So I think today let's get through that first reab assignment.
Speaker 8: You talk about playoff mode and beating good pitching. Corbyn Burns presents many options and challenges for you. So do you see a different mentality in the way you approach somebody like that to go to him early?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, he's a strike thrower, it's high velocity, it's a it's a cut fastball, it's a two seamer, a little bit slider. But I think, yeah, for us, just to be aggressive, and he's one of those guys that you're gonna have to beat in the postseason. So you can't win a series unless you win tonight. And so I'm expecting Walker to you know match Corbyn pitch for pitch tonight.
Speaker 3: All right, that's manager Dave Roberts down in the dugout. Brought to you by Service Titan. You need one of your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at servicetitan dot com. When we continue from Dodgers Stadium on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you will hear from Hall of Fame pitch Jim Palmer, first pitch between the Dodgers and.
Speaker 4: Orioles, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm David Vasse and this is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: David Basse live at Dodgers Stadium for Game two of this three game series between the Dodgers and Orioles. Walker Bueller going up against Corbyn Burns first pitch, coming.
Speaker 4: Up at seven to ten.
Speaker 3: Last night, A rough night behind the plate for home played Umpire Jansen Visconti. He's at third base and tonight's home plate Umpire John Bacon. The umpire crew for today's game. Brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance.
Speaker 4: For you and your family.
Speaker 3: We had a chance to catch up with Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Palmer, who was twenty years old when he beat the Dodgers in nineteen sixty six, part of a four game sweep for the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaker 13: It's great to be here, I mean, you know, coming back here. We were here in twenty sixteen. It seems like it was in twenty nineteen, but it wasn't. And you know, we came here in sixty six. You know, of course the Dodgers. I grew up in New York and I was a Yankee fan, so that almost every World Series teemed like it was, you know, the Dodgers and the Yankees. Yankees won most of them. The Dodgers did win in fifty five, and Don Larson, who pitched the perfect game in fifty six, was one of my teammates when I got to the big leagues in nineteen. So I was born in New York, adopted moved a Whittier when my dad passed away when I was nine and nineteen fifty five, and then we came to Beverly Hills in nineteen fifty six. So I used to go to I used to go to Coliseum, and then I would when I moved to Arizona to go to high school. Dodgers actually wanted me to sign, but it was a year before the draft, and they said, listen, go to s C And I went to actually the backyard barbecue with Rod Dato, and they said, you know, go there for a year. We'll sign you the next year. And I said, while I have other teams interested, and they signed Jeff Torborg, who's a great guy, instead of me. And then you know that of course the Dodgers we played him in sixty six in the World Series. They had won in sixty three and they beat the Yanks sixty three. They beat the Twins in sixty five, so when we came out here, we were the underdogs. And you know the irony is because of the Jewish holidays. Sandy kofak So was what twenty seven and seven that year with a one night era. He didn't pitch game one, so I ended up, you know, pitching game two.
Speaker 7: Game one.
Speaker 13: Brooks Robinson and Frank Robinson hit home runs in the first, winning off. Don Drivesdale. But I'm twenty years old, and I'm thinking, you know, we really don't have much of a chance, you know, first time we'd ever been in the World Series.
Speaker 2: I said, well, maybe we do.
Speaker 13: And then Dave McNally started struggled. Modrabowski came in and struck out eleven Dodgers in six and two thirds innings, one of the great performances in relief. And I'm sitting there at twenty and you know, I was a fastball, curveball pitcher. I too real hard, but sometimes it went over, sometimes it didn't. And I'm going to pitch against Sandy Kovacs and I go, I just don't want to embarrass myself. And as it turned out, it was nothing nothing. Going to the fifth inning, Willie Davis dropped the fly ball, dropped another one, and it wasn't particularly it was sunny, but it was you know, the you know kind of the you know, with June gloom. But it was in October. Picked up the second one through in the stands. We got some under and runs. You know, I think they made six errors in that game. We won six nothing, went to Baltimore one one nothing, one nothing, and walked out of Memorial Stadium in Baltimore.
Speaker 7: World Champs.
Speaker 13: It was it was I mean, it was so surreal that we could not only beat the Dodgers, but somehow win four in a row. And you know, they didn't have a great offense, and they were mostly about pitching. Get wills on. You know, Tommy Davis, who eventually played with us, was one the great hitters, broke his ankle. So they didn't have a great offense, but they usually beat you because they didn't beat themselves. In my game, they beat themselves. And then how often do you have won nothing ball games, you know, in the World Series, But we were able to do that. Wally Bunker who had been Rookie Pitch of the Year but it had some arm problems, and then Dave Bingalley came back from struggling in Game one nothing and you're World Champs.
Speaker 4: Jim.
Speaker 3: I heard my whole life growing up in the San Fernando Valley about those eras by Willie Davis, who everybody was shocked that he had those airs.
Speaker 4: Could you feel the.
Speaker 3: Momentum change in the World Series with those plays?
Speaker 13: Well, it changed the score of the game. You know, we had one game I think we won Game one, five to two, and they scored I think they scored in the second or third inning and never scored another run. You know, but again it was a four game series as it turned out. Yeah, but you know, I mean Sandy I think through twenty three of the first twenty five pitches for strikes. I mean, he was Sandy Govek. I hit against him, you know. I mean as a kid, I used to come to Dodger Stadium and watch him pitch, and you know, I saw him on television. I saw him in the World Series. But once again, I mean, you know, he throws it at your fastball and it starts in the lobby and ends up in the mezzanine. And then when you fail, oh well, you know, and I was pretty good hitter, I go, I better get a little bit quicker, and I use Frank Robinson as our one sixty one and I go, and now all of a sudden, the same pitch that you thought was a fastball when ended up in the lower basement because it was a curveball. John Rosebery would catch her on the ground. And that's why Copex was Kopex.
Speaker 3: Great storytelling right there by the Hall of Famer Jim Palmer, who was part of that nineteen sixty six Orioles team that swept the Dodgers in the World Series. Dodgers Baseball is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Find yours with the Ford F one fifty Gas hybrid or all electric tough is smart can only be called Ford F one fifty. Coming up next, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will hear from Rick Monday as we get you said for first pitch, and also we will have our hoppy Magical Moment Dodgers Orioles coming up at seven ten right here on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: We are live at Dodgers Stadium for show Hey O'tani fobblehead night O'tani posing with his dog decoy. A sellout crowd here at Dodgers Stadium, and more importantly, we are here for Game two of this three game series between the Dodgers and Orioles coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 2: Who It's time for the haffing.
Speaker 1: Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hobby hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Let's rewind all the way back to last Friday Night when history was made. Dodgers versus Rays, bottom of the ninth inning, a tide game and the bases loaded for show.
Speaker 4: Hey O'tani, here we go.
Speaker 6: Posha too old tony high fight ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track, series at the wall.
Speaker 14: Fit's it is done and it is old.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 14: He Otani joins the forty forty club in the most grand fashions. Hey, walk up, Grand Slam.
Speaker 3: A grand slam for show he Otani to give him his fortieth home run of the season. Dodgers win, but for Otani, he became just the sixth member of the forty forty club and the first Dodger player ever to accomplish forty to forty in a season. This happy magical moment brought to you by Hoffy hot Dogs, a so Cow treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Pray delicious Hofy hot Dogs. When we continue from Dodgers Stadium on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, We'll check in with Rick Monday it's his favorite part of the day. We're leading you up to first pitch between the Dodgers and Orioles at seven ten.
Speaker 4: I'm David Basse and.
Speaker 3: This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: Is Lorongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers and Orioles Game two of this three game series coming up at Dodger Fans. Start your future at a California community college. Financial aid is available to help with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 4: It's time to take the next big step.
Speaker 3: Classes can fill quickly, so enrolled today at I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 4: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Before first pitch, we'll check in with Dodger reliever Blake trinon but first.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick and show. Hey, o Tani bobblehead night.
Speaker 3: I hope you got your five or six or seven to give away to all your family and friends.
Speaker 7: Hey, let me tell you something I'm just happy that they got in the ballpark. Yeah, Steven Nelson and I were talking about that. In fact, I a friend of mine sent me a photo at noon today what the entrance in Vincecully Avenue caming into a Dodger stadium looked like with foot alone. That was at noon. I forwarded on to Stephen and And even though we left early, you know, my formula is, and we talk about it many times, whatever you think is early on a special night, whatever you think is early, had thirty to forty five minutes. I missed it a little bit today. It should have been an hour.
Speaker 4: No doubt, two o'clock.
Speaker 3: And I heard from the security guards that people were lining up at five point thirty this morning trying to get in for this Otani decoy bobblehead.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a big deal, and I must say this is it. The traffic that I was in getting into the stadium on Sunset Boulevard, they were all very congenial. They understand that, Hey, look we're all in this together trying to come into the stadium. So yeah, everybody have a good time tonight.
Speaker 3: Why not the biggest giveaway when I was growing up coming to Dodger Stadium was the Mothers Cookies baseball.
Speaker 7: Cars exactly exactly, and I still have some of those from many, many years ago. Speaking of collecting, did you have to see what the Babe Ruth Jersey went that supposedly he was wearing in Game three of the nineteen thirty two World Series game where he supposedly called the shot to center field. I did not see it sold for twenty four point one two million dollars just a few days ago. Now it's interesting because I know the backstory behind that, and the backstory is Gabby Hartnett was the catcher when Babe Ruth in Game three of the World Series at Wrigley Field supposedly pointed to center field and he hit the home run. Gabby Hartnan was the catcher. Gabby told Renee A. Latchman, who was a roommate of mine in Double A Mobile, Alabama, and then we were teammates in Kansas City and Oakland. Gabby Hartnett told Renee Latchman exactly what took place, if anything, at home plate that day Game three of the thirty two World Series, with one caveat that would never disclose what he was told. And I roomed with the guy. We were very very close, and Renee Lashman kept his word. He never has told exactly what took place.
Speaker 4: Well, you played in Chicago.
Speaker 3: What is the legend there amongst people that believe it or don't believe.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a lot of different things, including was he answering someone and the other dugout that was getting on him? Did he call the home run shot? Don't really know, but for twenty four point one two million dollars to get a jersey, I might want to know a little bit more. I don't know who it was that bought it. It was it was kept undisclosed. But they might want to call Renee Lashman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might give them the ball.
Speaker 7: He will tell No, He's a man of his word, and he promised the late Gabby Hartnett, a Hall of Fame player by the way, and one of the most kind people I've ever met, because when I first came up to Kansas City, Gabby Hartnet was a coach within the Kansas City eight.
Speaker 3: And he never confided in you on Babe Bruce called shot. You know why I love that kind of stuff, Rick, because it's not just a jersey, it's a piece of history, a.
Speaker 7: History, and that's what I talk about baseball, and we use we use a certain site or two really kind of reconstructing. One of the things that's really nice about baseball that has been so well documented over the years that you can go back certain websites and be able to recollect on a certain year, a certain game between certain teams who were played and be able to tell everything from not only the score, who was in the lineup, who the umpires were, how long the game took, what the temperature was. You don't find that in other sports.
Speaker 3: And one day, if we're lucky enough, we'll tell people about show. Hey, o Tani going for fifty to fifty in a season.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, it'll probably be in about two weeks the ways going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt. Thanks Rick, Thanks for sharing with us. We'll check in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later. Dodger Baseball brought to you by Speedy Cash, Nita Babe, Ruth Jersey. Speedy Cash is where you want to go. Official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at speedycash dot com or stop in a LA area Speedy Cash store. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck, we'll get you a preview of tonight's pitching matchup. Rick and Steven will rejoin us, and next we'll go high and tight with Blake training. As we continue lying from Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers Orioles coming up at seven ten. I'm David Vasse and this is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Stadium filling up. Dodger fans got here early. I was told there were fans trying to get in at five point thirty this morning to be one of the first to receive their show Hey Time decoy boblehead. The first forty thousand fans in attendance received the Otani and decoy bobblehead. But you never know what forty thousand is. I feel like hopefully everybody in attendance tonight will find a way to get a bobblehead. Dodgers and Orioles Tonight, game two of this three game series. First pitch is coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor atchla dot org.
Speaker 4: Still to come, We'll check in.
Speaker 3: Once more with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson for the Keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But first, David and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment. This this high and tight.
Speaker 3: We are inside the Dodger Clubhouse with one of the Dodgers anchors of the bullpen, a man that obviously has had a remarkable season coming back from what I think we all take for granted, some serious injuries. And Blake Trinan is our guest, A newly groomed Blake Trinan went from the Hull Kogan stash to now just the I don't know, Cali kind of a go tea soul patch, right, I mean you're being questioned about it.
Speaker 9: It's I don't know if you can limit it to just I don't know what you just called it, but it's definitely a Midwest kat.
Speaker 4: Is it a walla walla go tea?
Speaker 1: No? No.
Speaker 9: Start with Gilmesh. Back in the day, he had an awkward triangle goats, you know, so that was kind of cool. And then I used to not be able to grow anything but the goatee, so that's what I went with.
Speaker 3: I have to say, for a guy that is not from California and spends a lot of his time out there in parts Unknown, you have some nice quaffed hair and you know how to groom yourself pretty well.
Speaker 9: This was a product of my wife wanting me to have an adult haircut. I enjoy more of like a like I grew up with, like just like a military cut. My dad's in an air force, so we'd always just do tapers in a little bit of top. And for the longest time I just did like a fade with a kind of like a mess I just called what my barber called it a messy mop, just like spike.
Speaker 2: It up top.
Speaker 9: But one day my barber and Washington cut my hair and had me hard party and push it over, and I said, this is not me and my wife loved it, So I, uh, that's what we have now. That's what we roll with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, happy wife, happy life, blake trying.
Speaker 9: No one ever says happy man, happy clan, but it's always happy wife, happy life, which is true. It should be that way.
Speaker 3: Do you have to keep happy in the Dodger bullpen? Who's like your bullpen wife or bullpen husband.
Speaker 9: There's no such thing as a bullpen wife, but there there are people you gotta keep happy. And I think Brazier is the guy you gotta keep happy.
Speaker 4: Really high maintenance Brazier.
Speaker 9: No, not high maintenance. That's putting words in our mouth. You're about to get kicked out of the clubhouse.
Speaker 4: I know. He looked over here. He snapped that neck this way.
Speaker 9: Hey, Braidge, that's his words, not mine. Called you high maintenance.
Speaker 4: He said you have to keep you healthy, Hey, keep you healthy and happy?
Speaker 9: Right, I didn't. That's not even part of the question.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: Blake Trinon is our guest as far as the bullpen, though, you guys are like your own sub team of the bigger parts of a major league team. What's it been like down there for all of you guys to really come together? And I feel like you guys have been really the steadying force of the team from day one.
Speaker 9: Well, I think what our team has done a good job of is where when one we'll call them groups, right, like you have like the offense, you have the starting pitchers and the re leaders. So when the offense is clicking, it's usually at a good time when maybe the bullpen hasn't been sharp, or the starting pitching hasn't been what they wanted, or vice versus. So the nice thing is is different parts of our team have picked up the slack when other parts have gone through it. And it's one of those unique situations where it's lined up for the most part this year, and there's been a couple of stretches or maybe a stretch where kind of everything was struggling a little bit, you know. But yeah, our offense is been swinging the boat extremely well. We've been playing good defense, and pitching overall has been in a really good spot. So I don't know if you can say one one section of the of the team has been, you know, more reliable than the other. I think we've all just tried to do our part to play good team baseball and win. So like that means if you have to, you know, press a little bit more one day to help you pick up a load from a different aspect of the of the team, then that's what we do, all right.
Speaker 4: Before I let you go.
Speaker 3: I've been meaning to ask you this because Joe Kelly was bragging that he's really good at this finger soccer thing that you guys play in the clubhouse. He says he's only been beaten but twice.
Speaker 9: You're talking to the one. You're talking to one of them.
Speaker 4: Really, how did that go over?
Speaker 9: There's always excuses. Joe, Joe is the best. There's there's no disputing that. I mean, the record shows. But you know he picks and chooses and plays the waiting game, holds out out. He's all about psychological warfare. I thing before he gets in there?
Speaker 4: Would you say, would you describe it as finger foosball?
Speaker 9: It's called bino bino? Yeah, bino bino yeah, b I n h O look it up. My name is Blake Trinon. I'm giving you guys free sales pitches. I will be having a bino at my house with my kis. All right, that's a fun game. Yeah, the guys like it.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 9: We we've ironically ran into in Oakland, so the club he's there, Chad had it out and it was it was awesome.
Speaker 4: That's where I first saw you playing with River Ryan.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 9: River Ryan's the other guy who'd beaten Joe. So, yeah, I gotta watch out. Joe's got a hit list.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just joking.
Speaker 9: I'm just joking.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time. I love sharing you with the fans.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks, Thanks Dave, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: What else about Joe? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 9: I was like, Joe's the best I've been here. I feel like every year, exception of twenty two, I've had Joe here, so I've enjoyed. I've enjoyed every part of it.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't be the same without you guys here.
Speaker 9: He's one of my guys. Og. You guys gonna throw it be fifty five one, So let me playing for the next twenty years of.
Speaker 4: His life and you'll be throwing that nasty slider.
Speaker 9: I'll be enjoying my family.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see that smile again.
Speaker 9: Thanks Dave.
Speaker 3: Hey, there's Blake trying and love always catching up with him. He always seems to shoot straight when it comes to baseball or off the field, and competition seems to always be going on in that clubhouse. Dodger Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official Pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 4: We are leading you up to first pitch between.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Orioles from Dodgers Stadium. We'll break down tonight's pitching matchup next. I'm David Basse and this is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tech wo on your home for the Blue All season Off.
Speaker 3: David Bassey live at Dodgers Stadium, getting set for Game two between the Dodgers and Orioles. Hope you're being safe getting into the stadium. We know a big crowd tonight for show. Hey O'tani's second bobblehead of the season. First pitch is coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Tonight's Pitching Matchup presented by your Son in California, Toyota Dealers turn all your trail dominating off roading dreams into reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealer today. We make it easy for the Orioles. They have familiar foe, Corbyn Burns on the mound. Corbyn Burns in his seventh Big League season, his first with the Orioles after spending all those years fighting against the Dodgers as a Brewer. Burns this year is twelve and six with an ERA of three twenty eight, but in four starts this month, he has an ERA of eight seventy one. Walker Bueller is on the mound for the Dodgers on extra day rest. The last time out, Bueller said he is starting to get closer to his former self. He went four innings against the Mariners, allowing three runs on seven hits, but he only got one strikeout on a team that strikes out more than any other team in baseball. Tonight is a huge start for Walker Buehler and for the Dodgers to decide whether or not to continue to allow Bueller to find himself before the end of the regular season. Dodgers and Orioles fifteen minutes away. Keys to the game are next. I'm David Bassey. This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: We are getting closer to the first pitch, Dodgers and Orioles, Walker Buehler facing Corbyn Burns. Dodger fans, enhance your listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listen NHD powered by la Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Before first pitch, let's check in once more with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 4: Guys, All right, DV.
Speaker 6: Last thing MO and I are gonna chat about, is the starting pitching matchup in most just a couple of years ago, right, you think about Walker Bueller and Corbyn Burns. These were two of the best pitchers in the National League. Burns at the time was with the Brewers. Walker of course of the Dodgers, and those two teams had their battles in the postseason. Well, now Burns is with the Orioles and, like Walker, Buehler, a pending free agent. But Burns has kind of maintained that track is one of the best arms in baseball. Walker Buler trying to get back on that track coming off the second series.
Speaker 7: But I go back to what Dave Roberts said, we could go tonight before Bueller's outing where he went to just four innings three he runs on seven hits. Is tonight a fibotal night for Walker Buehler to prove that he is finally right and stay in the rotation.
Speaker 6: Quite frankly, honestly, it's a similar feel to Bobby Miller's last term. Right, Yeah, I think that's where we're at with Walker Buehler. First pitch coming up shortly here at Dodgers Stadium DV.
Speaker 4: Back to you, all right, thank you, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm David Vasse and this has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the game.