Speaker 1: Y'all ripped up, needed by who.
Speaker 2: You don't have?
Speaker 3: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino. Here, Let's solve some problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. That's what we do here each and every day.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. This is how the show works. People call in with problems and we try to solve them. We really, honest to God, try to solve them. We have experts from all walks of life that help us, and we also take them on and investigate them. I want to start out with Mario, who has a problem with a stock app. Mario, I'm well familiar with a lot of the stock apps, being in the securities business. I am a registered financial advisor representative with my company, and there are a lot of apps out there that promise a lot of things.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about, Mario.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just trying to see if this is like.
Speaker 6: Legit, like accurate, and it's not just something that my you know, that's on my uncle's phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what are you talking about now, sir?
Speaker 6: So I just want to see if like I don't know where my uncle had his performance. Uh, I'm sorry his portfolio at because like I said, uh, I'm new to this. I don't know anything about the stock really, so I only know it is just like it's a Yahoo Finance app and when I click on it, it shows me his perform his profile performance. Yes, when he's his network, his word. Yes, the kind of tracked this down to see you work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Yahoo the Yahoo app, if it's the genuine Yahoo app, it's yeah, it's a it's okay if it's a genuine Yahoo Finance app. And what that does is track performance, but it doesn't help him make trades or anything. Were you talking? Is that what you're talking about though? His his Yahoo app?
Speaker 6: Well, well, what I'm talking about is like the scene is like I know it. It doesn't make tay m and stuff because you know, he just passed away November first, So yeah, left me and my auntie, you know, like right.
Speaker 4: Okay, so do you know let me ask you something, Mario. Do you know where he kept his portfolio?
Speaker 5: Well, uh, it's when before he had passed told me that this.
Speaker 6: On his phone, and he had the laptop and he showed me on the phone.
Speaker 7: That this was his what he was worth.
Speaker 8: You know the app he show.
Speaker 4: Right, it's what he's I understand, that's what he's worth. It was tracking his net worth. But that's not where the money is domesticated. Somewhere the money is actually warehoused and I don't know where his money was. They have it's called a custodial it's called a custodial account.
Speaker 1: For example.
Speaker 4: For example, my company advises people, but we keep the money. We don't keep the money at a local bank. We keep the money at Schwab, but it's in each client's name. So each client they have an account as Schwab and then we help them invest that money. But it's the money is held at Schwab and they can log in at any time and do anything they want with their account. So even though he used Yahoo Finance to track it, they did not They did not have his money. His money had to have been somewhere else. The custodial You have to find out who had custodial rights to his money, Like have you gone through his papers? Like who did he use as a financial advisor or did he do it himself?
Speaker 6: Well, he did it himself, but he did have a Fidelity Investments.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good, they're legit.
Speaker 4: Why don't you call Fidelity and ask them about his account?
Speaker 1: He has an account. Do you have his account number?
Speaker 6: Well, now it's it's our account because they closed his account down since he's been gone. They they opened it up account in my name, in Miyanti's name.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they already Okay, then then you're making progress, Mario.
Speaker 1: So what do you need that?
Speaker 4: That's exactly what they were supposed to do, transfer to the heirs.
Speaker 1: Now what Yeah?
Speaker 6: So now, I mean there's only a certain amount of money in each of our like fifty fifty you know, our her account, my account, but uh, there's this up, there's this, this, the rest of this large amount, you know. So I'm just trying to figure out who has this? Uh swab Mario Margo or well.
Speaker 4: Mario, when you went to Fidelity, you said they opened two accounts, right, yeah, how much did? How much is in each account?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 6: Well in each account?
Speaker 5: Supposedly there was.
Speaker 6: Six hundred thousand in my auntie's account and then six hundred thousand of my account.
Speaker 4: But did you say one hundred in hers and six hundred in yours.
Speaker 6: No, No, she had six hundred thousand in her account six hundred thousand in my account. That's what they said, okay, which was fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: But here's okay.
Speaker 6: So I gave her some of the money out of my account. And then when the one, uh, the issue on that part, because this is a different scenario now, the issue on that part was a the Asian from Fidelity said that I went through all my money and I started going through her money, and I was like, no, because she had she still had a little over five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: So you know, Mario, listen, listen there. If they opened two accounts.
Speaker 4: One in your name and one in her name, there's no way you could have started going through her money.
Speaker 1: How long ago did your uncle die? How long ago did your uncle die?
Speaker 10: First?
Speaker 1: No, Ma, and have you been have you been spending the money?
Speaker 11: Well on the family?
Speaker 6: I've been, you know, spending money on her and the other family. They said, I've been taking a substantial amount of money, which I know I've been taking like eighty thousand here, seventy dozen there, but all that.
Speaker 4: Much, well, Mario, Mario, you're going to go through Mario. That's not what you were supposed to do. If you wanted to keep that money working for you, you should have had it invested. You could have easily gone through five or six hundred thousand easily if you're taking seven grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you ask, Mario?
Speaker 4: Do you know that you can go online right now and you can get a complete breakdown of every single transaction in your account online?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah, because that's what that lady did. She she broke it down and told me where all the money that I've took it out. But she don't know where all the money went, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, and of course she does it. If you take the money out, that's up to you, Mario. Yeah, you you need.
Speaker 4: To figure out where the money went. Nobody at Fidelity knows where the money went. All they know is that you drew the money out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because here's the thing I'm gonna tell you. Okay, my uncle right now, his Portfolar performance is at four million, nine ninety ninety six dollars in eighty and well it goes an now it's fifty one cent.
Speaker 5: But so he has that, you know, where.
Speaker 4: Okay, where does he have? If you Mario, if you got Mario, listen to me. If you got six hundred thousand and your your auntie got six hundred, okay, that's one point too.
Speaker 1: Let's say roughly a million. Where's the rest of the money.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm trying to find out.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't your auntie, No, he said, it's not with him.
Speaker 6: No, it's only me because my uncle was teaching me how to do the stock and all that, and.
Speaker 1: You know, and you don't know how to find out where the money is. You know what.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. Hold on a second. I'm going to try to figure out. Just hold on a second. That's a very good question. You can't find any kind of paperwork anywhere that this guy has that might give you an indication where his money is. He had some of it at Fidelity, but Fidelity says the big bulk of it's not with Fidelity.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 7: That's right?
Speaker 6: He said it might be a swab, So I got to figure out this.
Speaker 1: Well, of course it might be a schwab. It might be anywhere. Hold on, just hold on.
Speaker 4: I'm going to try to get someone who knows about no notice how to track down assets, because that's a good question, it really is. So you hang on and I'm going to do that. I'm going to call one of my sources in the business to see if they know how to track down assets. Three o three seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show today. I got Paul the water Man in with me talking about the.
Speaker 1: Quality of water. I've said this before.
Speaker 4: We're ninety eight percent water right, and water is the most important nutrient we take into our bodies, even more so than food. And I'm going to tell you something, well, I mean, it's just as important as food if you're eating organically and worrying about health and all that. Trust me when I tell you, you're going to want to know what's in your water and you're going to want to get it out. And Paul is here to help us. So well, got that coming up, plus a lot more on the Troubleshooter Show. And don't forget, Compass Insurance Group is doing free insurance checkups at three oh three nine nine six. Get a check up to make sure you're not paying too much. Three oh three nine nine to six nine thousand, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino here with paula waterman. We'll get him in a second.
Speaker 4: I put together some news stories you're not going to believe about the quality of water. Meanwhile, John wants to talk about price Line. Mario, I'm getting an expert on, so hang on, Okay, Yeah, about tracking assets, John with pride about price Line? John, what's going on about price Line?
Speaker 7: We had a rented a room here this past Monday night and we got to the room, got to the hotel, get in the room. It's supposed to have a microwave and refrigerator, and it didn't. So we called down to the print desk and they say that there have no other rooms available, that we need to call a price line. So we call price line. Priceline says they you know, they.
Speaker 12: They have to call it.
Speaker 7: That called my wife back three or four different times, and they said that they will email a either a compensation or a refund for the amenities not being there that the pay for.
Speaker 1: Now what were the amenities? The price the microwave and what else? Refrigerator, refrigerator.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they said, we're sorry, but we'll give you a compensation.
Speaker 1: How much did they say they would send you?
Speaker 7: They they didn't say that. We've been arguing with them, calling them back all week, and last night they told my wife that they will give her a twenty percent off coupon. I'm like, well, that's not good enough. We paid for the refrigerator and microwave in the room and it wasn't there.
Speaker 5: We had a bunch of like two hundred.
Speaker 7: Dollars with the food that went bad over this, and yeah, all they were willing off with a twenty percent just gut. I'm like, okay, if you order a cheeseburger and you get a hamburger, aren't going to go back in you want, you want your cheeburger, you want me you pay for now.
Speaker 4: John, John, you are absolutely right in wanting to make this right. Okay, I understand exactly what you're saying. Putting a price on it's going to be difficult because that the two hundred dollars in food, I don't think you're ever going to get. How much do you want from price line? How much do you want from them?
Speaker 7: We would like a room somewhere else, would as a microavity refigerator.
Speaker 4: So in other words, you okay, but but did you say that the room that you got had no value? In other words, you want them to basically fill that order one hundred and you're kind of saying that the current the room that you had had no value.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: And we didn't get what we paid for pretty much.
Speaker 1: Right, But you did get some of what you paid for. You got a room, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we did have a bed, yes.
Speaker 4: So what I'm saying is is there a can you come up with some kind of an adjustment what you know? Maybe it's not twenty percent off, I don't know, but maybe something less than the full amount. They're not going to give you the full refund. They're just not going to do it, and and they're not going to pay for your food. So I'm asking you what would be satisfactory?
Speaker 7: Do you have would be fine?
Speaker 1: So you feel that.
Speaker 4: A microwave and refrigerator are worth half of the value.
Speaker 1: Of a room?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay? Hey, and and price Line? Do they have a do you have someone you've been talking to?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 12: Several people?
Speaker 7: Several people? Actually, do you.
Speaker 1: Have one particular person we can call for you?
Speaker 7: I don't remember any names exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, do you have a number though? Do you have somewhere we can start. I'm gonna have Deputy Dollar. By the way, I brought you guys up on our stream, we have Deputy Dollar, Deputy Doc.
Speaker 1: In the studio.
Speaker 4: I think Mark and Suzanne have Metallica hangover?
Speaker 1: Isn't a Metallica? Were they in Denver? Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So listen, bro, here's what I'm gonna do, especially because you know Metallica. We're gonna have Deputy Dollar, one of our deputies, call price Line and try to negotiate something better than that twenty percent off. I don't think half I personally, listen, I'm not going to tell them this, but between you and me.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's half.
Speaker 4: I think I think maybe it's worth twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You really put a lot of stock on that Microwaven refrigerator.
Speaker 1: Didn't you, bro?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 4: Okay, All right, hold on, We're gonna have Deputy Doc talk Dollar talk to you. He's good at talking money with people, so I'm gonna put dollar on this. Hold on a second here three h three seven one three talk seven one three two five five.
Speaker 1: Randy has an issue with a divorce. Randy, are you the one that texted me this morning?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a really serious problem. I want you to start. You say, now, now here's what I need to know. Did this happen out of the blue?
Speaker 13: Uh? It came to an end out of the blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you guys, there's a reason I'm asking all this. So did you guys start by having marital problems?
Speaker 1: Was that how it all started? You knew you were having problems?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then did anyone file for divorce?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 4: Okay, So you filed for divorce? And then what happened? Tell me what happened?
Speaker 13: She just uh, well, before I filed for divorce, I she kicked me out of the house the other night, and then I don't have any family or anything around here, so I left in my truck.
Speaker 1: Now, why did why did she kick you out?
Speaker 13: She kicked me out at least five six times a year for the life.
Speaker 1: But why?
Speaker 4: But why do you get drunk? Is there something she doesn't like about you? Why does she kick you out.
Speaker 13: Because she doesn't like me? Okay, I mean that's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: And when you were kicked out of the house, did you ever go back?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Every time?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And so this last time when you were kicked out, you filed for divorce?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: When was that.
Speaker 13: Wednesday? This past Wednesday?
Speaker 1: And when did you file for divorce?
Speaker 13: Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 15: Wow?
Speaker 1: Was she served already?
Speaker 13: I tried to server? The court told me to see this allow me to server personally and if.
Speaker 1: Not have the well you're not. You're not allowed to server. You're not allowed to.
Speaker 13: So I just had the Sheriff's office and server.
Speaker 1: So has she been served?
Speaker 13: Not yet?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what is your question about this?
Speaker 13: I just needed to know, like what kind of resources are out there? Like I said, I don't have anything or anybody around. All I got is my three kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what I need to know.
Speaker 4: Do you have First of all, she's not allowed to just throw you out on your ass.
Speaker 1: How old are you? Guys?
Speaker 4: Are you both working parties? And yes, you're both working. Who has the better job?
Speaker 13: She just got her promotion at her job, and I think that's what led to her leaving.
Speaker 4: Wait, I thought you said, okay, okay, she kicked you out. She has a promotion at work, and she says, get the hell out.
Speaker 1: Did she let you take your clothes or anything?
Speaker 7: Nope?
Speaker 1: Will she let you go back and get your stuff?
Speaker 13: Like I said, whenever I was kicked out, I was sleeping in my truck. The next day, I called my kids and I was like, what do you guys think less of me? If I told mom she needs to believe And they said no, because you don't have anybody dad. She has her mom or dad or.
Speaker 1: Sister, well everybody, Randy. What I'm saying is this, you don't You don't automatically get to lose the house.
Speaker 4: She doesn't have the right to kick you out. Really, I think here's what I want to do, a kitschina. Let's try to get Let's try to get Bonnie shields on if we can. Okay, yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna mark this pending. I want to get an expert. If not, we'll try Harris hold On, Randy, We're gonna try to get an attorney to talk to you about this and get you some free legal advice up front for a minute here three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: By the way, Frank to Ran the real.
Speaker 4: Estate man, will do free market valuations of your home. If you're wondering what it will sell for but you don't want to yet list. He'll do the complete analysis free of charge, honest to goodness, with no obligation.
Speaker 1: Frankdaran therealestateman dot com.
Speaker 4: Find out what your house will bring on the market today three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero, sixteen twenty two doing the same thing, and fifty years outside of Denver put together.
Speaker 1: But this is the longest running radio show in the country, maybe in the world, but it's the longest running show in the country with the same host still on the air, bar none, the longest running radio show. Thank you very much, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Shannon, appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Now I want to tell Randy, we're trying to get an attorney for you.
Speaker 1: Mario, don't go away.
Speaker 4: I think we we got to try to track down this money. Hey, Mario, how much I got to ask you this real quick? How much do you suspect us in that account?
Speaker 5: Well, well, since it's fluctuating, it's still in there.
Speaker 6: There's five million, seven hundred and well there's five million.
Speaker 4: Now, Now did a will? How did First of all, why did a mayor? Why did Fidelity split that one account between you and your auntie?
Speaker 1: Was there a will?
Speaker 5: Well, see here's the thing.
Speaker 6: Okay, when my uncle took me in.
Speaker 1: With him to make me a Mario attorney over Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then he wanted his sister beneficiary. You know, right when he had passed away. You know, the the the power of attorney died with him, You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, but Mario, I'm asking. Here's what I'm asking in.
Speaker 4: Order for Fidelity to give you half and your auntie half.
Speaker 1: Did they have a document they were following? Was it a will?
Speaker 6: No, it was. It wasn't a will, it was Was it a beneficiary?
Speaker 1: Were you guys named beneficiaries on the account?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was beneficiary.
Speaker 6: Well I wasn't tired of attorney and my auntie.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, Mario. So that was one account. Why didn't your uncle If your uncle left a million dollars to you and your auntie on one account, why did he leave the other big account and not tell anybody?
Speaker 6: I don't know. That's the only thing.
Speaker 4: Are you positive he has more money? How do you know he has more money?
Speaker 6: Because she told me that this was his account too. Wait, didn't tell me?
Speaker 1: Where was that? Go? Okay?
Speaker 4: All right, hold on, Mario, I'm okay, I'm writing this down. Hold on, brother, we're going to get to it. I promised, we're going to get to it now, Cynthia. What's going on with Larry H.
Speaker 1: Miller?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 16: So I wanted to share this with you because I don't know anything else to happen to anybody else like happened to me. May thirtieth of twenty twenty four. I purchased a twenty seventeen Fiat five hundred, had very little miles, like eleven thousand, five hundred something like that.
Speaker 1: What year was your Fiat? What year was your Fiat?
Speaker 16: Was it twenty seventeen?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So you bought a twenty seventeen back in twenty four okay?
Speaker 1: And how many miles were on it? Did you say?
Speaker 16: Eleven thousand, five hundred?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what's going on?
Speaker 16: So I bought this car.
Speaker 17: I'm so happy.
Speaker 18: I'm driving the car.
Speaker 16: Ten and a half months later, I'm driving the car and the engine drops out, and this happy Wait wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, this is a month after back in June to twenty twenty.
Speaker 16: Four, No, ten and a half months later, so just oh ten, y're twenty twenty five April launch the engine drops.
Speaker 1: Out, Oh my god, and you thought like what in a wait a minute, you're talking about this year. The when you say the engine drops out, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 16: The engine completely dropped out?
Speaker 19: But the well do.
Speaker 1: You literally mean it came out of the car and went on the street.
Speaker 16: Well, I know it didn't. I promise you, I promise you.
Speaker 1: Okay, the engine dropped out on the street.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, why did it do?
Speaker 1: Wait? Were you getting oil changes and regular maintenance?
Speaker 16: It wasn't do yet because I only had so now it only has sixteen, three hundred and ninety one miles on it and it's been at the mechanic for three months.
Speaker 7: Maybe going on.
Speaker 4: Okay, Cynthia, Cynthia, we got it. We got to talk. Okay, let me get this straight. So, okay, in twenty twenty four, last year, you buy this car and you're driving around, you love it. On April first of this year, the engine drops out.
Speaker 1: Onto the street. So what did you do? Did you call a tow truck?
Speaker 16: I had to call a toad?
Speaker 7: Shock?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And where was it? Toad? Where did you have it? Toad to Larry H. Miller? Okay, because that's where you.
Speaker 16: Bought it, right right?
Speaker 18: So I figured they would.
Speaker 16: Take care of it.
Speaker 1: And what did they do?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 16: They diagnosed it for two hundred and fifty dollars. They said, well, did you get an accident? Nope, I was not in an accident.
Speaker 1: It dropped out.
Speaker 16: So then my sister said, well, let's have it towed over to Extreme Motor.
Speaker 7: They're very reputable.
Speaker 18: So I had to have it toad again.
Speaker 1: So well, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So so Larry H. Miller did not see anything. They were responsible for. It wasn't under warranty, and I don't blame them. It was like a year later. They can't be responsible for this, right.
Speaker 16: I bought an extended warranty that they would not honor.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, why didn't they honor the extended warranty.
Speaker 16: I'm not sure because they said it didn't have anything to do with the drive train or the electrical The drive chain actually is the end in right.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 4: The engine drops out of the car, and they said they had nothing to do with the drive train.
Speaker 16: Right, But it broke all the bull It broke all the axles, and it broke the most Oh the.
Speaker 1: Hell does something like this? Hold on a second.
Speaker 4: I hate to stack this up on you, Kelly, because you have Metallica hangover too. But we really need to get We really need to get Kevin Coulkin on.
Speaker 1: We really do.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on a second here, I need to put this down. We need to get Kevin on. We need to talk about this. This is crazy. So you took it over to another place, and what did they do?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 16: And they diagnosed it and they said their pothole couldn't have dumbe not They said it had to have prior damage. So they said, well probably, And where was.
Speaker 1: This who told you this?
Speaker 16: Extreme Auto David? And Okay, yeah, they're very reputable. So my sister's been going there for years, many friends have been going there for years, so I trust them.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on a second, we'll come right back to you. This is crazy stuff. I'm Tom Martine. You never know what you're gonna hear. But man, the engine drops out on the street. I got to ask Kevin if he's ever heard that before all of that coming up.
Speaker 1: Don't forget the Extreme Clean.
Speaker 4: Don't forget it Extreme Clean, tune and check it's fixed. Myihome dot Com book now just thirty nine bucks for your AC Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. I want to go to one of my partners at Wave eight and there's a reason.
Speaker 4: Wave eight Financial our wealth management, and the reason is is because we have this question that comes up a lot on finding assets and how to find him. So I want to bring him up. And this is uh Pat Jolliffe, Pat my uh my chief operations off Pat. So this guy dies and Fidelity they knew he had something in Fidelity, so Fidelity split the account to both heirs as they should have according to the beneficiary. But now they say, Mario, you believe there's another four million out there?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: Or another five?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, okay, another four or five million out there. So, Pat, if he came to as a client and said, my uncle has four or five million out there, he's dead and me and the anti are the heirs, what what would you tell him? How would you find the money?
Speaker 21: I'd look at the tax return?
Speaker 4: Oh, very good, Pat, that you get a dinger for that one man.
Speaker 1: So so I never thought of that. Did you look at the tax return to see the ten ninety nine's Mario, that's the answer. That's the answer right there, that's the answer. Yeah, So look.
Speaker 22: At the tax red more than likely, yeah, because whether it was all had money or non qualified.
Speaker 1: Pat, explain to him, explain to him.
Speaker 4: And I got to give you know, I got to give kudos to Pat who came up with that in like his second So explain to him. Let me give him the dinger here. So anyway, explain to him how that works. Where where you look at the tax return? What are you looking for?
Speaker 22: So on your tax return you're looking for dividends and interest particlease it relates to a non qualified account, that's a non IRA or something of that nature. He would get a form ten ninety nine. He would have received a form ten ninety nine for the tax here and be reported on schedul D on the tax return, so you see it there. Then if there's any qualified money like iras and so forth, any distributions out of a qualified account like that would also generate.
Speaker 15: A form ten nine.
Speaker 22: I really think that's probably the best record to check first.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then and the tax return, for example, there would be a ten ninety nine, for example from Schwab, and that would tell you there's an account at Schwab and there's a ten ninety nine issued for each account.
Speaker 1: Is that right? That's correct.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 22: For any activity or distributions, anything that would be a taxable event, it's going to trigger a ten ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Mario, I think we got the answer right there.
Speaker 4: Let me get let me give Pat the dinger. Pat deserves that dinger for coming up with that so quickly. Hey, listen, No, no, seriously, thanks for calling Mario. That's the best advice anyone can give. Call back if you have any other questions on it, But start there and then call us back and Pat can help you.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if anyone.
Speaker 4: Ever wants to get in touch with Pat at my at my company, it's three h three seven seven to one. Help he'd be happy to give you free advice and information if you need it for like this A three or three seven seven one four three five seven, or if you want to free look at your portfolio.
Speaker 1: Now let's go back to this one.
Speaker 4: We've been working on this Cynthia, this Fiat so Cynthia, this is weird. So you got this Fiat and the engine falls on the street, You tag a toed to the dealer, They won't honor the extended warranty. Then you took it to Extreme Auto. So what was Extreme Auto's conclusion?
Speaker 16: They concluded that there's no way hitting a pothole would it caused that much damage? And it was probably the people who owned it before Hilary Schueler said this was a great car.
Speaker 18: This is a car for you.
Speaker 16: The car has it has such slow miles well because it was being total So what.
Speaker 1: Did Extreme think it was? Though?
Speaker 4: Did did the motor mounts rot out? Or what can we talk? Is it possible to talk to the guy at Extreme would you give us his number to talk to?
Speaker 1: I N Kevin.
Speaker 4: I want to ask you from Sheridan Auto Tech. Kevin, have you ever heard literally of an engine falling out of a car?
Speaker 11: The only way I can see it happening is that if there was damage to the subframe and the subframe hold the engine in. So the subframe failed and dropped it out and the engine and transmission came with it. So there had to be damaged to the bolts of the subme something let go. But yeah, it doesn't just fall out.
Speaker 4: No, okay, And this wouldn't be covered by an extended warranty, wouldn't it for most warranties you know about, right, No.
Speaker 11: Because it's collision. Okay, I had to have hit somewhere.
Speaker 4: Now the question is now the question is did they know about the collision?
Speaker 1: Did they cover up? Okay?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Kevin, Bonnie Shields real quick, thank you for taking time out, Bonnie. If if a wife just kicks a guy out of the house, just kicks him out, he has no money, she even makes more money than him. I mean, doesn't he have a right to be at home unless there's a restraining order?
Speaker 1: I mean, she doesn't have a right to just do.
Speaker 7: That, right, that's correct.
Speaker 1: So what does he do? He's out on his butt right now, he doesn't have anything. What does he do?
Speaker 18: I mean, tell not legally stoving him from moving back into the house. The issue with that, or the problem with that is if he moves back in there and she doesn't want him there. I always worry about people making false allegations to get there by or that's right here. So if he's going to move back in there, you know, it's not illegal to record somebody in the state of Colorado as long as one person.
Speaker 1: So he can prove he's not doing anything wrong. Okay.
Speaker 4: Can he do any kind of emergency He filed for divorce? Okay, this happened on Wednesday. He filed for divorce right away. Is there a way to do emergency orders where possibly she might even have to chip in and help him?
Speaker 18: I really doubt the course or shoe back stuff. I don't think for that you generally have to do with children and children in danger.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 18: Ask for where to go. I mean it's possible, you can certainly why.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. Hey, hey, Randy, Okay, thank you very much. Bonnie Shields. By the way, Bonnie Shields Law, we have more coming up right after this.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News need advice so.
Speaker 3: You don't have come, run in just as fast as you can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming. Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Hey listen. The EPA announced The Environmental Production Agency announced it's issuing the first time for the first time, national regulation limiting the amount.
Speaker 1: Of certain poly but.
Speaker 4: Pi fas is what they're called found in drinking water. Commonly called forever chemicals, PIFAs are synthetic chemicals found nearly everywhere in the air, water, and soil. Now here's what's really funny. Paul the Waterman is here to speak truth, and I want to just quickly do this. We'll go on to your calls and then come back to this. Paul, you told me they can put out all the standards they want. They don't even have the accurate way to test and to regulate, and they're putting out standards local municipalities can't meet.
Speaker 15: Correct, that's absolutely correct, tom.
Speaker 8: So what happened was just recently the EPA unregulated gen x, which is a PIFAs.
Speaker 15: Gen X is extremely dangerous.
Speaker 8: What unregulated contaminants means is that local municipalities don't test for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, here's what we're getting at.
Speaker 4: They put out these PIFI or let's just say forever chemicals. They put out these standards that the local municipalities.
Speaker 1: Don't have the equipment to.
Speaker 4: In other words, they can't complain to the federal standards.
Speaker 8: You can't comply, and that's why they've extended out the timeline and so possible.
Speaker 1: So you said something though, that is very telling. So because the local municipalities can't comply, the EPA simply takes some of them and erases them.
Speaker 15: Correct, So they're still it.
Speaker 1: Erases them from the regulation.
Speaker 8: Right, they're still in the water. But then if if they're not reported, if you can't test for something, you don't report it.
Speaker 4: So if it's not regulated, the municipality doesn't have to test for it, and if they don't have to test for it, we have no idea how much is in the water.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 15: That's it. That's the cover up.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: The EPA says, Oh, you mean to tell me you can't get rid of this, this, and this.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll stop testing for it.
Speaker 15: That's It's, honest to.
Speaker 1: God, Paul, that's it.
Speaker 4: There's I mean, really and truly, I'm a federal government truly just erased some of the forever chemicals from the regulation.
Speaker 1: Absolutely correct, Okay, Now, so.
Speaker 4: The only way to get rid of them, truly, let's just say it like it is.
Speaker 1: Is with a good water system.
Speaker 15: Right, you could do it.
Speaker 8: You can do a point of view traverse osmosis, we can do a whole house a nine system, or we could do what we what we offered that echo promax, you know, removed the total.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine ninety five. Right, that'll do it all right, anyway, that's Paul the Waterman. Three oh three eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to the phones on your calls on anything, and we left off with some stuff. But really Robberts next, Now this is a follow up?
Speaker 1: Robert, who was working with you on this?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 12: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Did did? When it's marked as a follow up?
Speaker 4: And I'm wondering were we were we helping you with this? Was one of our deputies working with you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, so Tom he was a call in on Friday. Oh in the show. Okay, now I got a follow up? Okay, now I got you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Robert, why don't we just start from the beginning, go ahead with your story?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 12: I uh bought the clutch for the car because it's a sport car vet so it takes.
Speaker 1: A special fly will Yes it does.
Speaker 4: Now here's what I want to ask you. Was this a new clutch rebuilt or how was it?
Speaker 12: No, it's a brand new Ram clutch.
Speaker 4: A brand new Ram clutch. Okay, a brand new Ram clutch. And what happened?
Speaker 12: So I talked to the place where I took it and he said he could do the job.
Speaker 1: So I but you bought you didn't buy it.
Speaker 4: You didn't buy it from the guy that was going to install it. You bought it and took it to the guy to install it.
Speaker 12: Yes, okay, keep going to buy it from Ecklers, So okay. I talked to him in April. I made the point for May nineteenth, I took the car in and all I did was get a run around, and then I finally picked it up on June fourth, and I had to take it back the next day because you couldn't drive it the way it was?
Speaker 1: So how long did he take? How long was there? How long was your car in the shop?
Speaker 12: Well, the first time it was there a little.
Speaker 1: Over a month, okay.
Speaker 7: Then I took him back and he said it would be two hours. So I talked to him last Thursday, and the first thing out of his mouth was, oh, you come in to give me some more money.
Speaker 1: Hey, Robert. He was probably just kidding back, but Robert, I got to ask a question that's pretty obvious. When you picked it up June fourth, what was wrong with it?
Speaker 9: First?
Speaker 7: And second vibrated so bad you.
Speaker 12: Couldn't drive it that way?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: And the motor was.
Speaker 12: Idling at two thousand rpm and that fouled the plug. And that was before I even picked it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so did he fix all of that?
Speaker 9: Nope?
Speaker 1: What's the condition? What's the condition of your car right now?
Speaker 21: Not drivable?
Speaker 1: Okay? And this guy, how much have you paid this guy?
Speaker 12: Twenty five let's say, twenty five, twenty five, twenty four, seventy two.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right down to the penny. Listen. That was just for installation, yes, And he said he had to.
Speaker 12: Modify the bell housing because the clutch that he put in has a hydraulic off Berry and I don't modifying the I.
Speaker 1: Want to find out. Okay.
Speaker 4: So twenty five hundred dollars for installation and it still isn't running.
Speaker 1: What does he say he's going to do?
Speaker 12: He says it's supposed to be fixed this week. But he's told me that before, and from what I gather, he's told that to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: How did you what is the name of the.
Speaker 12: Shop, Colorado Performance, and how did.
Speaker 1: You find them? Was it online?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 12: I actually had to take my diesel to the muffler shop right next door to get the.
Speaker 1: Missed Okay, I got it.
Speaker 12: They told me to talk to them.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want you to hold on. I want to get another expert opinion here. Kelly I want to get Kevin on for a couple of questions to see where we go from here. Hold on, Robert, We're gonna get We're gonna get Kevin on. So I want you to hang on. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Randy still has some questions about his divorce.
Speaker 1: We had.
Speaker 4: UH our expert on, of course, and I know Randy doesn't have any money. He doesn't have anything, and he wants to know what to do. His wife kicked him out of the house on Wednesday. He filed for divorce, and she said he has every legal right Bonnie Shield's law, every legal right to move back into the house. Of course, he's not supposed to touch her or cause conflict or you know, make her feel threatened in any way, but she has he has every legal right to be there, and UH he can move back in, or he can demand that she leave.
Speaker 1: In other words, they're both equal here. And Randy, I know.
Speaker 4: We're not giving you the greatest answers in the world, but sometimes there are no perfect answers here.
Speaker 1: So what else did you need to know?
Speaker 13: I am home now.
Speaker 1: I own home, good, good, good, good good.
Speaker 13: Whenever she left, she left me and the kids because I've been paying everything for six months. And I told her I need help. I'm I'm flat broke. She said, well, I ain't giving nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now this is a situation. Now did she voluntarily leave?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And when she left, you said you need help with the bills.
Speaker 13: I needed help with everything. We just moved into this house in January and she's only.
Speaker 1: And and you guys are buying this house. You have a mortgage, No, we're renting. Oh okay, Well that's better. Situation, like this way better? And what can you not afford?
Speaker 13: Well, like I said, I went through all of my money paying everything, and I just couldn't afford rent anymore. So whenever I filed for divorce, paid the other bills like rent to do and we don't have rent after for her app rent?
Speaker 9: She said no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but if she's not living there anymore, would you pay your half of the rent if you weren't living.
Speaker 13: There, I had underade kids here? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, are the kids still at home?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, Randy, you got to get now, you can get an emergency hearing you Randy, you might have to do this yourself. You need to file emotion for an emergency hearing to compel your wife to get you, to get you part child support or to help with the expenses of the kids. She doesn't owe you anything, but she's certainly only has to chip in and help with the kids.
Speaker 1: What does she say about how old are your kids?
Speaker 13: Sixteen?
Speaker 1: You got three kids? How many kids you have?
Speaker 13: Do you have three kids? But I do have three kids, but two of them are over eighteen? One sixteen?
Speaker 4: Well the only one that okay, so the sixteen year old? And what are you falling short on? Rent? And food and everything?
Speaker 13: Rent?
Speaker 1: Food?
Speaker 13: I can figure out?
Speaker 9: But does she?
Speaker 4: And she says, and she says, I don't have any obligation at all.
Speaker 1: Is that what she's saying.
Speaker 13: She didn't say anything. She says, I don't have the money and I have doctors.
Speaker 1: Since where's she living with my other son? Oh man, this sucks, Randy. I don't know howse to say this.
Speaker 4: You don't have any money to hire an attorney, right, Nope, you're going to have to. And I promise you you're going to have to do something where you file emotion you have to go down on even if you handwrite it to the judge. You can even write a letter. I'm not giving you legal advice. I'm telling you what people do in desperation. You can write a letter saying, you know your honor, my wife moved out and is not helping with the kids. I need emotion or I need some kind of court order to help her, to compel her, or to make her help with the sixteen year old child. Now are the two eighteen year olds working or are they in school?
Speaker 1: What's their story?
Speaker 13: They're both working. The one has a family, has a just had a child in April.
Speaker 1: Are they living with you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 13: So they that's a whole numb Okay.
Speaker 1: So really there's only one living with you.
Speaker 23: Right now, two one over eighteen and the one understan and the other one living with you.
Speaker 1: Is that person help? Is that kid helping you? He will yet, Okay, but he.
Speaker 13: Just started a new jobs, so he doesn't end up in either.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on a sec Okay, Randy, you're gonna have to start.
Speaker 4: Do you know who the judge is in your case? And you have your case number?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 13: I do have my case number.
Speaker 1: Yet you need to take.
Speaker 4: Your case number and write a letter to the judge saying you need help. Getting emergency orders because you need help supporting the child, and then give it to the clerk of the courts. That's the only thing you can do at this point, but make sure you address it the name of the judge and your case number. I'm sorry, I can't, we can't. You know there are no free attorneys, Unfortunately. You might want to try Legal Aid. They help once in a while with cases with kids. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 1: Don't forget K and H.
Speaker 4: Home Solutions Now has painting pros available. This is the weather to get your painting done. And you can depend on K and H K ANDH Home Solutions. That's KH windows dot Com for painting, yes, as well as windows, siding, doors and more. KH Windows dot Com. Hey, we got a lot going on, so let me get right to the phones now. Robert said he had a clutch installed and it keeps vibrating.
Speaker 1: It's not done the right way.
Speaker 4: And Kevin, it's a Kevin Caulkin from Sheridan Auto Tech. I'm tapping his knowledge once again as my expert. He has a C four Corvette and had a new Ram clutch put in, but it kept vibrating to a point where you could almost not drive it. Well, he said, you couldn't drive it? What would call it? And by the way, this shop Colorado Performance. I never heard of him, but well, I guess I did hear of him. But they they charged twenty five around twenty five hundred for installation. Does that not for the part, but just for installation? Does that sound about in the ballpark.
Speaker 11: It's a little on the high side. But I also heard modification. That's the word that triggered when I heard what did.
Speaker 1: You what, Robert? What was modified?
Speaker 12: They modified? The bellhousing.
Speaker 1: Why would they do that?
Speaker 12: Come about the hyde gral like throwut bearing?
Speaker 1: Kevin?
Speaker 9: Is that?
Speaker 1: Kevin? Can it be installed without doing that?
Speaker 15: I mean?
Speaker 1: Why was it modified?
Speaker 11: Well, that had to have been not original. That had to been some sort of an update or something to the clutch because it didn't originally come with a hydraulic draw out bearing.
Speaker 9: How did it work intentionally?
Speaker 12: It's a do disc ram with the hyde gral like throut bearing.
Speaker 9: Right, So I'm a.
Speaker 7: Hide like Robert?
Speaker 4: What what Kevin is asking? What Kevin is asking? Did it come that way? Did you buy it that way? Or did you modify it sometime in the past?
Speaker 12: No, I bove it this way. Well, the new clutch come this way, not the one.
Speaker 11: Clutch they took out did not. It was not hydraulic. No, no, So the one they put in is hydraulics. So they had to modify everything to make that work. And I think somewhere along the line is probably a bad modification.
Speaker 1: Who did the modification?
Speaker 4: Did the did Colorado performance through the modification?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh many.
Speaker 11: Anytime we hear modifications we pass we don't get involved in them because this is what happens.
Speaker 4: Okay, But would you be able to let's just say, for grins, do you unscrew up things like this?
Speaker 11: Well, you can't use this clutch, probably if you want to go back to the original clutch. But I just don't have the experience with these to be comfortable doing it right right modifications?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? So how much did that clutch costs you?
Speaker 12: Robert ten one hundred and fifty bucks?
Speaker 1: What if you can't use it? I mean, what if the modification is just bad and they can't fix it, what are you going to do about it?
Speaker 12: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, Robert, that's what if they say it's going to be fixed this week?
Speaker 4: I am sure. Have they done modifications like this before?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: I presume they have because the owner has a Corvette and it's a performance shop. They said they could do anything.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Robert, before you found them or did you find them first and then go out and look for the clutch or did you buy the clutch first?
Speaker 12: I had the clutch on no, or before Avean set it up?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So my question is this, before you put the clutch on order, it had the original clutch in it, right, Yes? Why did you decide to go with the hydraulic throwout.
Speaker 12: Well because of the gold disk.
Speaker 1: Well did you read about it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Were you part of a club? Where where did this come to you?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: Because the motor is modified, it's a three D three stroker, it's a brand new motor, and the that was put in it was to Scarbie. You couldn't back up and it was starting to vibrate going forward.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you so main did you buy did you buy it? Was it already was this engine already customized when you bought it?
Speaker 1: Or did you buy did you match that up?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: I had Western Engine do the motor, and then Brighton Augul Bobby put it back in the car with okay, Bud, Okay, you couldn't get the clutch to break in.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So you know, Kevin, I often find this when different people are working on a car for major projects. I think you have to have one master to like coordinate it all.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 4: I mean he's kind of he's kind of freelance, and he's taking it one place and then to another, and then they're trying.
Speaker 1: To figure out what the previous people did. I mean it's a mess.
Speaker 4: When you customize like this, you need a custom shop that'll watch the whole project from beginning to end. So really, I I don't think Colorado Performance. I'm not sure they're doing anything wrong.
Speaker 1: Kevin.
Speaker 4: I think that they're probably dealing with things they encountered.
Speaker 1: Is that possible?
Speaker 9: I agree?
Speaker 11: And they said they're going to work on it, so you know, you almost got to give in the benefit of the doubt until you can't. But you know, at.
Speaker 4: Least how many shots did they have at it?
Speaker 1: Robert?
Speaker 12: I ended up writing all the Bobby I have is it corbec connected?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I'm asking how many shots did Colorado Performance have on installation of this clutch?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 12: They had, Oh of me.
Speaker 15: I'm not talking now.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about how long they had it, how many times they installed it once and then it had a bad vibration. And what they're doing this week is number two attempt.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, what I would do, Kevin, I think you got to agree with me on this. This is only going to be their second shot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they got to get a chance. Maybe they can figure it out.
Speaker 4: Now what I would Robert, you can call us back and then we'll get an expert maybe to look at it. But after just one attempt for goodness sakes, and this is going to be their second attempt.
Speaker 1: I would let them try it and just say.
Speaker 4: Look, you know, you know, just play with them on this, because really you have to give them a chance. Then we can always have an expert look at it. But right now I would keep it where it is. Kevincalkins shared an autotech dot com. Always appreciate your input. We got more right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show of us kind anywhere in the universe. And you know, let's see some of these calls. I just throw out my hands. I mean, there's just I don't know. There are some problems on this show. You're going to hear about that. What I can do is help you prevent in your life, but not necessarily help the person on the line all the time. Now we try like hell right now though it's it's uh, we're going to talk to Cynthia from a month ago.
Speaker 1: I'm told, did you talk to me a month ago? Cynthia?
Speaker 24: It was actually about the middle of May.
Speaker 1: The middle of May, and it was about and it was about cataracts. Tell me what happened?
Speaker 9: Was it?
Speaker 4: Was it Colorado Eye Clinic for dry eyes? Yes, and they sold you a dry eye mask for one thousand dollars right, and you found online where you could buy it for like eighty seven bucks right right?
Speaker 24: Oh wow, I can't, I cannot. I have called the doctor. He doesn't answer the phone. I said, you know, let's take care of this like adults. I'll bring back the mask and you return my thousand dollars. I never got a call back. I did send to the DPO or I'm sorry, Dora, I've never heard anything from them.
Speaker 4: Well, Cynthia, let's let's talk about this, okay, And I want to step back and talk about it because I'm not saying I agree with this, but they did nothing technically wrong. I mean, I think they did a ton of stuff wrong as far as ethics and all of that, But technically, what did they do wrong?
Speaker 1: Technically?
Speaker 4: They sold you an imass that you bought willingly for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Then you went on later and found out.
Speaker 4: It's and are you positive it's the same exact one for eighty seven ninety nine?
Speaker 24: Yes, I checked the number and everything on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Did you go to Amazon or where?
Speaker 24: I went to the manufacturer's website?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: The manufacturer's website that would be research was Wizard Research? So is Wizard the one that makes this? Yes, a dry eye mask?
Speaker 1: I see it?
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh, it actually has an electronic box with what.
Speaker 1: Does it actually do?
Speaker 4: Does it work? Let's talk about that. Does it work?
Speaker 24: I don't know. I didn't try it. Something to my gut told me that this wasn't worth a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you didn't try. But you have it, so you didn't try.
Speaker 4: You've never used it? No, so you're afraid if you use it? The guy's going to say it's too late.
Speaker 14: Yes, I get it.
Speaker 4: Well, the ratings on this thing is spectacular. I'm not and you know I'm not telling you to do it, and I'm not telling you it's worth a thousand bucks. And everywhere I see, the most expensive I see is like one hundred and fifty dollars, right, the most expensive?
Speaker 1: God's he charged you a thousand bucks? Wait a minute, we need to have somebody call him. Did we have anybody call him?
Speaker 4: I want to know what his excuse is for charging a thousand bucks.
Speaker 1: Hey, doc, I'll give him what doc?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 4: Just let's just say, look, man, are you selling these masks? If he doesn't want to talk about her, just say, are you selling these masks that you can buy an Amazon for eighty seven dollars or ninety dollars one hundred dollars? Are you selling him for a thousand? What's the name of this doctor? Oh, Colorado, Hi clinic. What is the doctor's name?
Speaker 24: Oh it's a foreign name. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: Okay, never mind, never mind, we don't need it. So here's what we're going to do. We're wo doc will need it, but he'll call you off the air to get it and then we'll see what.
Speaker 1: He has to say. I just god, I mean, I mean, I find it's so hard to believe that that there are people doing this.
Speaker 4: But guess what it happens all the time. You know, pricing is an issue.
Speaker 1: There really is no answer.
Speaker 4: I mean, there is an answer technically, if you go to court, there's something called unconscionable. Would this be considered unconscionable? Do you think if you found out you could buy this for eighty seven bucks and they charge you one thousand?
Speaker 1: How would you feel?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 25: Also depends on how it was presented. If he said, look, you'd have to have this, it's the only one that'll do blah blah blah, if he sort of us his powers of coercion and as a as an agent and trust.
Speaker 4: You're right if he lied to her about it basically right, yeah, you know, frauding the inducement. As they say, Let's talk to Richard, who's been working with Suzanne on a problem this was with Excel.
Speaker 1: What was the issue Richard? How long ago was it?
Speaker 26: I got the smart meters put on?
Speaker 1: Oh I remember that? And when did you call us first? Is this is this?
Speaker 4: The is this the one where you had solar on your home, on the garage and and on the house.
Speaker 1: And each had its own meter.
Speaker 27: Yep, okay, the bill went from twenty dollars to well, between both of them, seven hundred plus.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? So what did you find out about it? Did Sue's fun She had a contact over there she was going to ask. So this was around four years ago.
Speaker 4: You had solar put on your home and garage, you each had its own meter. Then the home that then your electric bills were around twenty two dollars a month. Then the smart the smart meters were installed. What does Excel say about this? I mean, obviously no one would have a smart meter?
Speaker 1: Did each meter go up to? How much?
Speaker 26: The one on my house? So it credits the shop first? Yeah, that it credits the house.
Speaker 1: Okay. So so what you get at the house, what you get at the house is it we're at the shop? Is primary in their eyes?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay. So what basically though, are your bills for both? What what are your bills?
Speaker 26: They went from basically eighteen the twenty five dollars to the last billing cycle seven and thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's no, what what come on?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 1: What do they tell you? They got to talk to you about this.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 26: First they said that, well maybe the old meter wasn't reading right.
Speaker 1: Well that's a possibility.
Speaker 4: I mean if you were only paying twenty two, how did you how would you address something like that?
Speaker 26: Well, from what I could tell, I asked them, well, am I getting any solar credits? And they said yeah, you got like two hundred kill a lot hours for the last billing cycle.
Speaker 4: When you say solar credit, Richard, how does it work on your system?
Speaker 1: Do they?
Speaker 4: First they take all of the solar you produce, and then they take all the solar that you use, and you have a net billing.
Speaker 1: Is that how it works?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, okay, hold on a second. I got to take this break. This is unbelievable. We have to get someone to talk to us about this. You don't go from twenty bucks to seven hundred bucks without an act explanation.
Speaker 1: We'll find out right after this.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, and uh, believe it or not, During the break, Deputy Doc was telling me about coffee crap uh coffee cock wait, crap coffee and.
Speaker 1: Little animals civid coffee.
Speaker 4: Little animals eat the beans and crap out the coffee and then they use that they use that to make the coffee. Yes, sir, I never in a trillion years would I do that?
Speaker 1: Would I drink that?
Speaker 28: I have some?
Speaker 1: Do you want to try it?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 21: It's uh, it's fed.
Speaker 29: These beans are fed to this animal called a civic cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what it is.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 29: Yeah, and then they excrete it and you can make a cup of crappuccino if you'd.
Speaker 1: Like Craha, but I'm boom. I love that one crappuccino.
Speaker 15: Try it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't come on, I have someone. I'm serious.
Speaker 15: I have some at home.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even know if my chemotherapy can battle that. Hey, I want to.
Speaker 4: Greg has a comment on that Corvette issue. The Corvette issue. The guy is putting out a customer. He's putting a customized clutch on a customized engine and a customized car, and they didn't get it right the first time. And you know we told him give him a se can try.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Greg? What's your comment on this?
Speaker 9: Good morning? Tom? How are you doing a long time good man?
Speaker 1: Do you know about do you know about C fours?
Speaker 9: I know a lot more about the motor than I do bout the car.
Speaker 1: Okay, what happens.
Speaker 9: When you build a three D three strokers? You're taking a free fifty and you're putting a four.
Speaker 10: Hundred crank in it.
Speaker 9: Okay, the difference between a three to fifty crank and a four hundred crank three fifty crank is internally balanced, so you're zero in the flywheel, you're zero in the balance.
Speaker 1: So it needs a different kind of clutch.
Speaker 9: Who needs a different flywheel? So on a four hundred, which that crankshaft is, and.
Speaker 1: That the free Okay, we're running out of time and I want to ask you a question. Are they not barking up the right tree? Hold on.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 3: News. Need that so you don't have come? Run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 30: Shooter's gonna help come Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, let's talk about your problems, questions and complaints. We've had a number of different problems, varying from cars, to real estate to more.
Speaker 1: Whatever you have on your mind, you can always call.
Speaker 4: Three oh three Martino for help three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six and we'll get to you. One of the notable call was how to track down people's investment accounts after they passed. We had a guy whose uncle died and he said, I know he had four or five million sitting around. Well, those accounts, each account generated ten ninety nine, and the investment house where it's where they have custody of it, the custodial company like a SWAB or a Fidelity or something, the custodial company will issue a ten ninety nine on each account. That ten ninety nine is a statement of earnings that will certainly have the account number and the amount of the benefit, so it'll tell you a lot about it just the account number alone in the institution. That was great information we got. Now, Greg has a comment on a corvette issue.
Speaker 1: Basically, this is out of the realm of most people listening.
Speaker 4: This guy is a customized C four Corvette with a customized motor and he wanted to put a customized clutch in. And we don't have a highly technical audience necessarily, but the bottom line was Colorado Performance tried putting the clutch in and he got a terrible vibration and.
Speaker 1: We got a call on it. And what I want to know is this Greg, pertaining to this.
Speaker 4: Case, because most of my audience doesn't care about being educated on customized corvettes. But regarding this case, are they can they ever install it properly or are you saying it needs another part in order.
Speaker 1: To be complete?
Speaker 9: Well, what the problem is is that they put a four hundred crank shaft into a three point fifty motor, and a four hundred is externally balanced. So if you put a flywheel on a four hundred crankshaft that belongs to a three fifty, you're not balanced that, okay.
Speaker 4: So are you saying the clutch itself will never work without another part where they're not doing it correctly?
Speaker 9: The clutch itself is correct the okay? Wrong, Okay, I gotchatally balanced?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And so you're saying, you're saying that the clutch will never work right if the flywheel isn't balanced, and that makes sense to me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, the the flywheel has to be externally balanced on a four hundred crank shaft.
Speaker 1: And I and I obviously I don't know the difference between externally balanced internally balanced, but but I imagine people.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, All small box chevies are internally balanced, except for a four hundred.
Speaker 4: Well, internally the balance means internally balanced means it's done before you seal the engine.
Speaker 9: Well, it means a tank shaft itself is balanced and you run out to a balancer and uh and flywheel which runs zero zero. So they're not they're not weighted, they're they're just a zero zero for spin. If you put a four hundred tank shaft in, you have to have a different ballot.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you lost ninety nine percent.
Speaker 4: Thank you, though, Greg, I really do appreciate you calling, and so he's saying, he's saying to thank you very much for calling.
Speaker 1: Greg. He said, basically to the to the shop.
Speaker 4: You know, unless you balance that flywheel, the clutch is never going to work, even though it's the correct clutch. And again, Greg, I'm sorry for not getting overly technical. It's just not going to work with the show now, Richard. This is the one that just has me scratching my head and has me so fricking oh man, I.
Speaker 1: Just can't believe it's real.
Speaker 4: So basically, you're saying that your smart meter went from excuse me, your electric bills went from four hundred dollars from twenty two dollars a month to seven hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's unheard of.
Speaker 4: And all Excel Energy has to say is, well, you know, I mean, have you been paying all this extra electric since you started?
Speaker 26: I paid the last bill, which was shortly after they put the smart meters on, where the bills were one and one oh seven. Yeah, well we'll look into it. Oh my god, god, this is incredible. Listen people.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine having a smart meter put on your house and now instead of getting a twenty two.
Speaker 1: Dollars bill on that meter, you get a seven bill.
Speaker 31: Is this a time of use thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, Dragon, Dragon, isn't that what a smart meter does in general?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 31: And no smart meter allows Excel to read your meter from their home office rather than sending somebody out to your home. So it will save you money to get a smart meter. But what they did was they had time of use building two smart meters. You can unleash yourself from time of use billing and just get a flat rate and not have to worry about getting charged three or four times as much in the afternoon then you normally would.
Speaker 4: But I wonder what the flat rate would be on his You know, Richard have you ever asked about that.
Speaker 28: I didn't.
Speaker 26: I did actually get a hold of them about removing the smart meters.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, wait a.
Speaker 31: Minute to a monthly fee to have them come out and read it.
Speaker 1: When you say remove it, you didn't remove it, You had them remove it.
Speaker 23: Yes, huh, yes, that is correct.
Speaker 1: And when they removed him, so now you're back to a regular meter.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: And what are the bills on your regular meter?
Speaker 26: They just changed them out this last week.
Speaker 4: Oh well, then then we have to so so your question is not gonna So if your build goes back down to let's say twenty two to twenty five.
Speaker 31: Dollars plus the fee that they would have to come out and read it. So it's it, right, I understand.
Speaker 1: Fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So let's say his bill goes back down to thirty five or forty bucks. He should ask for a refund for those overcharges.
Speaker 1: Don't you think I think he should.
Speaker 31: Because he when you signed when you get the smart meter, it does say you are on time of use billings, so you do have But.
Speaker 1: Okay, dragon, dragon, listen to this. Listen to this. Could it truly?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine a scenario where it goes from twenty five dollars to seven hundred.
Speaker 31: If you're running your reconditioner all the time in the afternoon, in those on peak hours, and yeah, you're screwing yourself on time of view.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, you're saying almost.
Speaker 31: Three sometimes even four times the amount you would in off peak time.
Speaker 26: Okay, two quick things. Yes, the five hundred dollars bill is on my garage, so it has no ACT and the house doesn't have AC.
Speaker 4: Well, god, how can you even how can a garage under any scenario?
Speaker 1: What are we what kind of garage are we talking about?
Speaker 26: I mean, it's it's nineteen hundred square foot garage. But is it like a shop running all the time.
Speaker 1: It's a shop for my personal projects? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 26: There on the weekend. No, I only worked on there in there on the weekend.
Speaker 29: And there's no air conditioner in the garage or the house anyway, So this can't be a time of use. There says to be a technical problem. Now I do have I do have personal experience with a conflict with Excel Energy. A few years ago, I found a complaint with the puc here at the Colorado PC.
Speaker 21: It was online. It was only a few minutes and I got a response back from Excel next.
Speaker 1: Day because you went to the PUC. You take it very seriously the piece. That's a good idea, Richard. I would wait to see first did my bills go back down? Okay?
Speaker 4: If your bills went back down to normal, then then I would petition them for a refund. Except that dragons say you're not doing a refund because you signed all the disclaimers when they put it on there.
Speaker 26: Well, from what I'm looking at my bills, from what I could see, they weren't crediting me all the power I was producing.
Speaker 15: I have a question.
Speaker 8: We recently had our swapped out, but we didn't sign anything.
Speaker 15: We weren't home guy.
Speaker 1: Just swapped out the meter. Yeah, yeah, I mean. The agreement though for the smart meter is that it's time of use, basically choice. You have to opt out of it, but you can still so you can have a smart meter and get a flat rate.
Speaker 15: Correct, That's what I've got right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, let.
Speaker 4: Me ask you something what a smart meter with a flat rate beach deeper than a regular meter and paying for.
Speaker 31: The visit depending on when you're using your electricity. So I'm off in the afternoon, so I'm home in the afternoon and I want my air conditioning running because I'm home and I want to stay cool.
Speaker 1: So you want the flat rate? Yeah, no, I'm asking you.
Speaker 4: I was asking comparing the flat ray smart meter to a regular meter.
Speaker 1: If you pay for the visit, how much do they charge you?
Speaker 31: It is fifteen more per month because they've got to send a person out to read the meter.
Speaker 4: So I'm wondering in your scenario, which one would be cheaper, the flat rate or the.
Speaker 31: And the flat rate does it really mean flat rate? I mean, well, what if you use more, then you're paying more. I mean you're paying the flat rate for the oh.
Speaker 1: The flat rate for the for the for the usage.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 4: Okay, a flat rate per kilowat It doesn't matter when you use it. Correct, it's the same rate. Got it correct? You know, Richard, one thing at a time. Let's wait to I just made notes on your case. Let's wait to see what your electric bill is so we know what we're asking for. Basically, that's what you know, because we don't even know what to ask for. Are we asking what if your rate doesn't go back down? Is it possible those previous meters were bad. I mean, maybe who knows, you might have been getting away with it. Although I can't imagine anything, anything at all in a shop, an eighteen hundred square foot shop. I have a shop, and I can't imagine anything. I have a compressure that goes on and off now and then to keep.
Speaker 1: The air on. But what could possibly nothing?
Speaker 29: Only air conditioners can consume that much power, or a heater, or a heater, an electric heater. Yeah, but there's got to be some kind of a technical flaw. But we'll know, probably for sure as soon as Richard gets his So, Richard.
Speaker 1: You make sure to call us back. Well, I marked this as a follow up for sure.
Speaker 4: Fascinating, Yeah, it's very fascin three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Knage Home Solutions by the way, window siding, doors and more.
Speaker 4: Caneag has what you're looking for, including painting pros right now. What I love about Knage is how long they've been around, sixty five years and they have beautiful energy efficient products that not only beautify your home but make it more energy efficient. Khwindows dot com go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Tom Marchino here at three three.
Speaker 4: Seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I want to talk to Phil who has an.
Speaker 1: Issue with a tree? Phil? What kind of an issue can anyone have with a tree?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 1: What's going on with you?
Speaker 10: Well, my grandson and I planted this tree when he was seven years old. He's carrying two now as a autumn purple ash tree. It's a beautiful tree. But my neighbor was telling me that he had to cut down his ash tree because he had the uh beetle boar. The beetle he had to cut that down. Do you know anything about the beetle boar?
Speaker 4: I know about listen, I know about different parasites and different insects that plague trees and vegetation. But I don't know about that one specifically. But no, not about that one.
Speaker 10: This is a beautiful tree, and I hate to see a go.
Speaker 4: Why don't you call someone listen, call someone on a referral list to come out and treat it.
Speaker 10: Okay, I want so se many days a specialist. I don't want some we have.
Speaker 4: I think we have a tree specialist. I'm looking at it right now. I'm going to see.
Speaker 1: I believe we have dog gone. I thought we had tree hold on. Let me let me look.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have ge Tree Service has been with us for years. G Tree Service, yep, GE Tree Service three oh three phone.
Speaker 10: Do you have a phone number? Three oh three, three oh three, five.
Speaker 1: Hundred twenty seventeen to zero one seven.
Speaker 10: To zero one seven Yes, and also go.
Speaker 1: To referral list dot com because I don't want to recite numbers on the air.
Speaker 4: Mister Green Jeans is another one that can help you out. Thanks for calling. Phil appreciated three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five. Don't forget three oh three Martino Eugene has a comment on that Xcel issue where the guys electric bills went from around twenty five bucks a month to seven hundred a month because he switched to a smart meter.
Speaker 1: Eugene, what do you have to say about that?
Speaker 28: Okay, Well, I'm I'm a retired Xcel energy meter man. Okay, I I can say about about the h these new meters that they say've installed. They're installed by a third party contractor who just goes through like a two week training period. Yeah, you know how to change a meter safely?
Speaker 1: Stuff that sure.
Speaker 28: And the difference between a meter that's.
Speaker 1: Time of use.
Speaker 28: For a regular house and a net meter is the net meter has a different program in it. And my thought is is that maybe they installed one that doesn't have the net meter program in it.
Speaker 1: You know what, that makes a lot of sense. That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: So in other words, it's accurate, but it's not giving him credit for the energy produced, right.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 28: The only way they're going to be able to know is an Excel Energy meterman's going to have to go out there and see what programs in that meter so that they know that the proper programs is well.
Speaker 4: Except that he went back to the other one already. So what is he going to do to go back in time? And he go back, is there a way to go back in time to see if they were giving him credit?
Speaker 1: Does it mention it on the bill?
Speaker 28: He should have yes on the bill. It should show him what he's produced and what he's used.
Speaker 1: So if during the time he had that smart meter it wasn't producing any electricity his solar system, then he can assume it probably did not have the right programming in it.
Speaker 4: They're going to have to issue him a credit of some kind. I really believe that. But thank you for pointing us in that direction. That is a very very smart way to go. And we'll let him know about that. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. So what's going on with fire in a house? And what do you do afterwards? Also, we're going to talk about water now. Paul the waterman is here with us, and I want to ask him a quick question. We got I got a text this one and they want to know, really.
Speaker 1: For lead?
Speaker 4: Is there anything you can do for lead? Did you know that ten of the largest school districts in Colorado all have unsafe levels of.
Speaker 9: Lead? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Majority, majority of your refrigerator filters, inline filters for the refrigerator uh can rated for lead. Any solid carbon black filter will take lead out.
Speaker 1: So let is not that difficult to get out? Is led a problem in.
Speaker 8: The metro area at Denver old infrastructure? The Denver Water District is still milling pictures water pictures and really yeah, and you know what it is out to folks about lead lead levels.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm just wondering if we really knew the quality of our water coming out of the town.
Speaker 15: We truly don't.
Speaker 1: But if we did, would we drink it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: That's see, That's the whole thing about this bill that was passing seventy four, the Clean Drink Water.
Speaker 15: Actor, Safe Drink Quarterback.
Speaker 8: The EPA is denying us the truth about the quality of a water where we can we can make a decision do we want to consume it or not?
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously we have to have public water supplies, right, we have to, so they get.
Speaker 1: Them as clean as they can and then get a system for home.
Speaker 4: I see a time, and I've said this before, where home systems will be as common as having air conditioning.
Speaker 15: On your furnace.
Speaker 8: I think they should give rebates to folks to buy drinking water filter systems.
Speaker 15: If they're going to give you a rebate.
Speaker 8: To buy an electric car, to buy an e bike, they should do the same thing.
Speaker 15: For water filtration.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that has to do with health.
Speaker 15: Well, it's the same. It's the question, I know.
Speaker 1: But the government gives rebase for stuff that will better the environment.
Speaker 4: I think I agree with you. By the way, I'm not disagreeing. There should be some incentive to get people clean water.
Speaker 8: Chatfield Chatfield has the P five levels are so high that they give notice out that they limit the fish consumption in Chatfield.
Speaker 4: Reservoir because of the forever chemicals that get inside the fish.
Speaker 15: Correct.
Speaker 8: Correct, there's a and they use that same body of water to supply people.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up on Tom Martino, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Find out now three oh three, seven seven to one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Well, Rianita, Nita wants to talk about a fire, Rinita, fires are never good.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 20: Coming to them? Yes?
Speaker 2: I had called in about a home own.
Speaker 20: A house and a detached garage and asbestos.
Speaker 1: Okay? Where was the fire in the bedroom on the.
Speaker 20: Very opposite side of where the garage is located.
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 1: Now is there asbestos in the house or just the garage?
Speaker 32: The garage is fire as any of the people. Uh, there was no testing of it and it was it's not attached to the house and the.
Speaker 4: I understand, Rinita, was your garage involved at all in the insurance claim?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 20: It's actually my mother's house. I would in it when it happened.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 20: So she's at work and she's asking me to call in.
Speaker 3: And be the man.
Speaker 15: I get it.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So what I want to know is this, I just need to know what are you calling about. Is it about asbestos?
Speaker 2: Why I had spoke with you about a month ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me.
Speaker 4: Find your let me find your call. Maybe that's why I'm confused, mate, because.
Speaker 1: You think I know more than I know. Hold on, you know a lot too. Yeah, let's see, let's see. Let me look at this. It was Was this a nineteen forty six home? I don't know that you, but okay, it was an old home.
Speaker 4: You had a fire in her in her old home, and asbestos was discovered in a few places. Okay, So now now I wanted information on finding some good asbestos removal people.
Speaker 20: Right, well, I've done the abatement on that house with the actual fire and sloped.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now they want to go through and they just took they threw everything out. They didn't.
Speaker 20: It's just everything's wrong. So it's just the plain work right now is the structure, but the garbage They want to now go into and go through all of the contents, drag everything up, including trash and things that are not good. I need to be thrown out.
Speaker 1: What are you, Nita?
Speaker 4: You're telling me what your insurance or your company is doing, But what are you calling about?
Speaker 1: What can we help you with? It sounds like they're doing what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 20: But you had stated that there was a gentleman named while I think Colad of restoration may be okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Do you need a restoration company? Is that what you're asking for my mother to have maybe done?
Speaker 3: There's no need to go to gotcha?
Speaker 1: No, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 4: We need a company. You want a company that will test the that will test the air and all of that. Right, God, you know what. I we used to have an asbestos company, but we don't use them anymore, so I I hesitate to give you that.
Speaker 1: Do you know of any Paul? You don't know of any?
Speaker 12: Do you?
Speaker 1: Paul? Paul the Waterman knows a lot of scientists.
Speaker 3: Do you know of any?
Speaker 7: Don't?
Speaker 21: But I'll bet you Mark from Genesis will know because he works on.
Speaker 1: These you know what, You're absolutely right, he does construction projects, you know what.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second, We're going to try to get a referral from Mark Schamansky Genesis Total Exteriors.
Speaker 1: So hold on, renee k hey Kachina.
Speaker 4: Let's get Mark schamanskyan to see if he knows anybody well, who does he use when asbestos? When he needs to test, he probably has someone he uses all the time to test.
Speaker 1: Love it, Jeff, what's going on? Jeff? Hello, Hi Jeff, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 23: Well, my son sent me some money in the messenger app of Facebook. Yes, somehow the card that I had in there, my debit card, was replaced with another card that I didn't authorize, didn't receive information about, so that I could you deny it or whatever?
Speaker 1: So let me get this straight. You had a new card on there that you didn't know about.
Speaker 23: I didn't put the card on. There was a new card that got put into that account.
Speaker 1: Who who did did it?
Speaker 23: That's I can't find that out from Facebook.
Speaker 1: And that person who did it got the money.
Speaker 23: That's what they're saying is the money made. It was a successful transfer, is what they said, into the account associated with that card.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how much did his son? How much did your son send?
Speaker 23: Four hundred and fifty?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and now it's gone.
Speaker 23: It's it's saying that it got into my account, but my bank shows nothing. I tried to get a tracking or a tracing number from Facebook their robots, So.
Speaker 1: Let me let me. This is what I don't understand, Jeff.
Speaker 4: So I'm at a loss here and that is why I am kind of hesitant talking. So, when you are in the Messenger app on Facebook, how does it get associated with a debit card?
Speaker 1: I don't understand how that works.
Speaker 23: You go into the application, it has an account for you, You fill out the card number, and then they utilize the last four it's associated with your bank account, and then it goes through it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So in other words, in other words, Messenger is often used to exchange money back and forth by use of these cards. Correct, and there was a card associated with your account that you had no knowledge of?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 4: Well, how did that happen? They'd have to verify it through your cell phone or your email.
Speaker 23: I would have hoped so, But I've gone back through my records.
Speaker 14: There is no.
Speaker 23: Email available for it, or no phone call was received by me. I have changed that card, and I do get a notification on my email and sometimes a phone call.
Speaker 31: Any strange happenings on your Facebook, because that's it could be a Facebook problem that somebody did your Facebook.
Speaker 1: Did your Facebook account ever get hacked? I don't know.
Speaker 9: I haven't.
Speaker 23: I haven't encountered that by anything.
Speaker 21: I'm not going to change all those partwords.
Speaker 29: Somebody sneaked into his Facebook account and put in their own debit card.
Speaker 1: That's what they did.
Speaker 4: But they did not let him know because they didn't want him to shut it down, so they didn't hack his whole account, but they did hack his account. As far as getting a card on there.
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's a really smart hack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the hacker.
Speaker 4: The hacker didn't do anything on your Facebook page itself.
Speaker 1: It just let itself in to do that card did He just sat.
Speaker 29: There waiting for the money to come in very quietly, and so got away with four fifty bucks.
Speaker 23: Can't I get the information of the card that was used from Facebook?
Speaker 4: Well, Facebook's never going to give you that. See, this is one of the downsides.
Speaker 1: They won't back it. Well even if they did, they won't share it with you. This is one of the things.
Speaker 4: If you looked at the agreement you signed when you signed a Facebook page, I mean, I swear to God and then you sign up for these cards.
Speaker 1: We give away all our rights. We basically here's what.
Speaker 4: By the way, on one of those agreements, not just on one of them, on most of them, it says that they will not participate in any litigation unless compelled by a.
Speaker 1: Court of law. So it doesn't matter if you want them to, they will not. Tom.
Speaker 25: How about if he files the police report and maybe the police can request that information.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I mean they might. I mean, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I wish there were law enforcement agencies dedicated to cyber crime right now, because crime either must be there must be, like the IBM or some me FBI. I mean, because if you think about it, the FBI has to do it because there's no one else. Jeff, I really fear man that you lost your money. I don't think there's anyone responsible for it. I think you were responsible to see what was on your account. Now, I'm not blaming you, and I could see where I could fall for something like this. But but if you're expecting Facebook to reimburse you, I don't think it's going to happen. I just don't think it's going to happen. I mean, I wish I could.
Speaker 1: Lie to you and say, oh, yeah, let's call them, let's get that money put back.
Speaker 21: They don't even have a phone number, Tom.
Speaker 1: Facebook doesn't doesn't You can't call them.
Speaker 21: You can't sue them.
Speaker 29: Have you ever heard of anybody actually suing Facebook losing but actually successfully?
Speaker 1: I have in the past, but god knows how hard it has spent. Look at Facebook in and of itself.
Speaker 13: The payment originally, well, what do you mean stopping them?
Speaker 1: It's too late?
Speaker 4: Now what do he means if you stop the payment originally, it would have been done already. Once it goes through, you can't claw it back.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I would think these electronic listen the same thing can happen with Venmo.
Speaker 15: Oh it does.
Speaker 21: We get calls about that all the time.
Speaker 4: I mean, when when your account is hacked, the smartest hackers in the world, when they hack, don't say anything. They just hack your account and they lay low. I mean, it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 23: So it just amazes me that Facebook will send an email or something saying you successfully transferred your card and if there's if this was not you, call us back. But if it's not you, nothing needs to be done. It would seem to me it'd be just the opposite that they should.
Speaker 4: Oh like, okay, I know what Jeff's saying, that the verification email went to somebody else and that somebody else is not going to respond obviously.
Speaker 1: I mean that email does nothing. That email does nothing. It just tells the hacker and went through active approach. Yeah, but they don't and the problem is nobody's going to make them.
Speaker 4: It's just not going to happen. Wow, Okay, I got to take a break. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven and one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 1: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martina here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight.
Speaker 1: Two five five. So God, the phones have been exploding today.
Speaker 4: Someone wants to know about on a text here on a whole house water system, Paul, does it include reverse osmosis or is that separate?
Speaker 1: I know it's separate.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to I wanted to ask you because it is a separate system for drinking water.
Speaker 15: Correct, it's separate.
Speaker 8: So you know what we have right now is thirty nine ninety five for the Eco Promax, and then we have a three or five stage perverse osmosis.
Speaker 15: Available, you know, whichever their filter preference is.
Speaker 1: Okay. By the way, Reneita, stay tuned.
Speaker 4: We're trying to find somebody to address the issue in your home, and Deputy Bow has a follow up coming up.
Speaker 1: We have Mark Schimansky. I want to call him right back.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry Mark, we haven't been able to get to you because we're running out of time. I'm Tom Martino more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 15: Rip need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running just as sass as you can show.
Speaker 30: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. You can call three ZHO three Martino twenty four to seven and access the show.
Speaker 4: You don't have to call and wait. If you don't want to, you call, leave your number. We'll get back to you. This hour brought to you by renew home Innovations dot com. Renew home Innovations dot com for the most beautiful walkin showers anywhere with sheet porcelain that'll knock your.
Speaker 1: Eyes out, it's so beautiful. They can do it on the showers.
Speaker 4: They can do it a Wayne's coding around the entire bathroom, backsplashes, whatever you need, they can do. And they convert these ugly shoves, you know, the shower tub into a beautiful walk in rectangular shower. Renew home Innovations you have. They do it in two or three days and you have months to pay without interest. Think about that zero three nine zero four to two thousand, nine zero four, two thousand. Now we left off with Renetta who wanted to know about testing for asbestos. Mark Schumansky is with Genesis Total Exteriors, and since there are go two people for home improvements, we figure they often test for stuff. Mark, You guys often probably TA to test for asbestos.
Speaker 1: Who do you use?
Speaker 14: Well, Tom, We're certified to go ahead and test ourselves.
Speaker 9: It was ah me about one thousand.
Speaker 14: It was causing me about one thousand bucks to test for asbestos. So I went through the training and we are able to test for asbestos ourselves.
Speaker 1: And you can also test from mold, right.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, we could test for mold.
Speaker 1: Also, what about lead?
Speaker 14: Lead is a I mean, anybody can test for lead. You can go to a paint store and pick up one of these little lead test kits and and you don't have to be certified. We are certified. You have to go through if you're a pain contractor, you have to go through training to deal with lead based pain. But basically you just have to follow the rules in the back of the package and you can do the lead test yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Genesis Total Exteriors is on the line right now, Renetta, And they and they do they do testing for asbestos. Do you also do abatement though, Mark, and removal?
Speaker 14: So we have partners that we you know, companies that we partner with that they will take care of that side of it, and then we come in and put the you know, do the fixed back. You know, we'll do the build back after they do the remediation.
Speaker 4: Okay, Renetta, do you feel you still have asbestos in your home?
Speaker 1: Is that why you're calling?
Speaker 20: No, the home has been gutted, it's just plain work and it's stands now. The garage is disattached, and I don't there's no showing of any testing actually done for the garage.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it.
Speaker 4: So you want to know does the garage before you go through all of the abatement.
Speaker 1: You want to know if the garage really needs it or not?
Speaker 2: Well, I know it doesn't, but I need a certification.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Mark, would you be able to go give a clean certification to her garage? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Well, we'll have to take samples and set them off the independent lab and then we can give her the results.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and Renetta, you can trust Genesis. Let me give you their number three oh three.
Speaker 4: Six seven nine eight five zero nine eight five zero nine.
Speaker 32: And another thing do was the Excel bit we had a temporary pole put in well because of course.
Speaker 20: The fire and the wiring and all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and we were getting charged.
Speaker 20: Ex was charging us, right, it was there was nothing being use, there as no one le's to see like your service.
Speaker 2: Let's let's be page you have to pay for and so just kind of another.
Speaker 1: Talking up the you know what, you know what Renetta on on temporary meters.
Speaker 4: I believe many of those temporary meters have a minimum charge per month.
Speaker 1: It's like on a consrustion.
Speaker 2: It was the same amount that if we've been putting in the mouthful.
Speaker 4: I'm hey, Mark Shamanski, do you know on construction projects, I thought temp meters when you have to put a temp meter up, that there's a minimum charge.
Speaker 1: Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 9: Or do you know? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think I think you're correct on that.
Speaker 13: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Do you still have to pay for the meter even if you own it? You still have to pay like a base, you know, eight dollars or whatnot?
Speaker 9: Right? Correct?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Call Mark Shamanski for that and over at Genesis tootalexteriors dot Com. Okay, Deputy Bo, he has an update for us.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: This was really a bad, bad situation. As I remember this dent repair place. We are we're gonna put him on the We're gonna put him on the sleeves brigade. I believe it was her twenty This is what we heard her twenty twenty four car.
Speaker 15: Wait. Wait.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty four, her car was hell damaged and brought to Denver Family Dent Repair.
Speaker 1: Bobby Ward over there, all State.
Speaker 4: And Suzanne the consumer came up with an agreement to take fifty eight hundred dollars to total the car, and she was going to keep the car. A check for fifty eight hundred dollars was sent to Family Dents. They cashed it and kept the money.
Speaker 7: Yes, Suzanne, are you up on the air with me? Yes, she is, okay, So I brought that car all her up, Tom, I just want to make this update. It's really important.
Speaker 1: We get this.
Speaker 7: This company, Denver Family Dent Repair, stole Suzanne's money.
Speaker 19: And I've called five times. I even talked to a subsidiary company called Dallas Family dent't Repair, thinking they would help. So all I would like to Susanne and I would like to do is just to get the word out. If Suzanne is.
Speaker 7: A totally in total agreement that these these are glisteners cannot be frequently.
Speaker 1: What if she did this, Bo, what if she took Denver family Dent to small claim score for the money? I think she'd win in a heartbeat.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Susanne, she's working on it.
Speaker 1: You working on a small claim.
Speaker 17: I filed the papers last week.
Speaker 4: Excellent. I want you to keep us informed. Maybe Deputy Bo can even serve them for you or someone. You gotta get them served. And here's what I want to do. Once you get them served and you go to court, I want to know about it because once you get a judgment, here's where we really can help. By getting that judgment executed, you can go in and start taking stuff from that place. If you know they're going to have to address this, they're gonna have to address it. So, Bo, are you telling me they totally ignored it?
Speaker 7: They ignored five of my calls. They won't even they won't. I was kept at even drive up there.
Speaker 12: But they're in foro College.
Speaker 7: But I am happy to serve these papers on behalf of Suzanne.
Speaker 19: I mean this is I have to serve in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 1: Well, wait, is that is that the location that you use them in? You use them in Colorado Spa.
Speaker 17: No, No, that's the Republic registered agent. You have to file with the Republic registered agent.
Speaker 1: Hello, what do you mean by Republic registered aation?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 4: It's Denver Family Dent Repair? Is Republic the registered agent they're using?
Speaker 3: Bob Bob it says.
Speaker 17: If it's not one person, if it's a company, you have to serve the person who is a Republic registered agent, and that is in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think you mean the public registered agent. But okay, that's I will help her all ye help her, help her serve the right person.
Speaker 4: Okay, that that's really the I mean you don't have to serve her. I was half joking there, but but let's get them served. They're they're ridiculous people and and that's definitely going to go on the sleeves brigade, There's no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Do we know the person behind Denver?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: This place?
Speaker 9: Is it? Is it? Uh?
Speaker 1: Is it? Let's see we don't have a name associated with it.
Speaker 17: Tom like, like what you you have to serve to the registered agent. Right, that's it, and that's in Colorado's prints.
Speaker 20: There are not James.
Speaker 16: In Fort Collins, the Joseph Adkins.
Speaker 19: I have not heard that name.
Speaker 16: I know down in Texas it was Paul Prezy.
Speaker 1: But the uh other that the hey did you ever put in?
Speaker 4: I wonder if she put in a report with the district attorney, if they would look into.
Speaker 1: It again again? And what did they say? They said it was a civil matter?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 17: I even talked to another deputy lady and she looked into it. She said, well, it's not criminal, it's civil, but civil. But the Colorado Attorney General said there's nothing they can do. They just put it on record. And then they text me and said, well, we're trying to get a hold of them in a couple months later they said they haven't gotten back to us, so we're dropping it.
Speaker 1: Oh, isn't that fun? So if you want to get away with crime in Colorado, all you do is ignore it and it goes away. Isn't that wonderful?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: No, seriously, Okay, Deputy Bow help her out with that small claim and let's follow it along three zero three, seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. So we have addressed in drinking water the main dangers. Let's just call it what it is. Drinking water is no longer safe. It really really isn't. So if you drink tap water, it's not safe. Now at the very least, you need good drinking water. But what is the other part of the equation other than drinking water. Somebody wants to know if they address drinking water, what forever chemicals harm them otherwise if they're not drinking the water.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about that.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, it's good in the steam. When you take a shower, you're gonna breathe it in. So p files are in hot water, right, p files are all over and so it absorbs your skin too, absorb to your skin. Your water is a sponge. It's you know, years ago we used to think skin was like leather. But your your skin's a sponge.
Speaker 4: Okay, So p files you're talking about forever chemicals plus plastics.
Speaker 1: That's separate from forever chemicals.
Speaker 8: Correct, And then you have the total chlorine content too. The nanoplastics time penetrate the body can carry carcinogens bacteria, viruses, if.
Speaker 1: People have heard about more cancer than ever, that's right. This is why it's right.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've been feeding ourselves these plastics for how many years thirty right now forty years, forty years.
Speaker 15: Of plastics a minimum forty years, and.
Speaker 4: They used to be worse than now now that at least they're trying to regulate them.
Speaker 15: Well, they're trying to regulate them.
Speaker 8: But here's the problem is that municipalities can't help because of.
Speaker 15: The volume of water they have to provide.
Speaker 8: So right now it's not a filtration system that can treat for everything. So they do the best they can, but it's really up to us to take you know, complete.
Speaker 1: Thing over water.
Speaker 4: I think instead of building new plans that can't do it anyway, they here's what they should do. Municipalities should do what we talked about, do the best they can and have a certain level and then stop. That's it, and then have domestic systems just I think to get a building, to get to get an occupancy permit to live in a home or have a business, usually have.
Speaker 1: Your water certified. Totally agree, you know you have seriously you think about it.
Speaker 15: I know you're right.
Speaker 8: Check this out if you get an fah loan, most likely they're going to make you do a pottability test to make sure why for.
Speaker 4: Your well right, And they don't do that for regular supply, just for a well for well that's right.
Speaker 8: And so one of the things we found out too is that landlords are not responsible for the quality of water for people running.
Speaker 1: Home and well.
Speaker 8: So it's really up to if you're in a well wall application, you're truly on your own. Municipalities have laws that the EPA provides, but then again they're flaud because the EPA, you know, has a longer list of unregulated contaminants that's in the water, but they're just not telling.
Speaker 4: Us three o three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's talk to Deputy Bo.
Speaker 4: Deputy Bow, you're talking now about an extended warranty issue from Ronald from North Carolina.
Speaker 1: What was the main issue there? I'm looking up the call right now. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, here it is his twenty fifteen Chevy Silverado. He bought it from Bleaker's Chevrolet of North Carolina in December of twenty four with an extended warranty. The dealer promised to fix the shake in the rear. Now they refuse to fix it, same old story. These extended warranties are worth nothing. They're worth nothing.
Speaker 7: Right, this is a warning.
Speaker 19: I couldn't get anything accomplished, and I'll tell you why the warning to our listeners. Ronald was really a nice guy and I called the dealership four times. But the problem is when he bought this twenty fifteen shil Dorado, he had break The breaks went out, but the extended warranty will not cover brakes. But then he had problems with the wheels. The rims were vibrating, vibrating so bad he couldn't drive the vehicle. So when he took it into the dealer, they submitted the warranty information, the warranty solutions anty solutions, and Tommy, I think he spent like through the eight hundred dollars for the warranty, but they will not cover it because the rims are not original equipment to the Silverado.
Speaker 9: But wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, who put the rims on?
Speaker 7: The rims were on the vehicle when he bought it from Bleakers Automotive in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Well, they can't do it. They can't have it both ways.
Speaker 4: There's no way that they can sell him a car with and an extended warranty that never took effect ever because of the wrong rims. These people need to be taking a small claims court or something it will do. Can you think you could talk Ronald through getting it to small claim score he'll win.
Speaker 1: I don't see how the guy loses.
Speaker 4: They sell a car that could have never been covered. Now, it would have been different if he put the rims on his car, but he didn't put the rims.
Speaker 19: On his car, and and Bleakers acknowledges that that they were have to market rims after he started trying to get a warranty on it.
Speaker 4: Well, then they should read and they're not willing to refund the extended warranty.
Speaker 9: Nope.
Speaker 7: I asked him that too.
Speaker 19: I've called them trig or four times and they're just.
Speaker 7: Jerks about it. But it's just a warning for people that buy these cars to the extended warranties that they need to make sure they have the original equipment wheels and yeah, but but but.
Speaker 1: The dealer should have the dealer needs to do. If the dealer is selling a warranty on a car, you have.
Speaker 4: A reasonable expectation that the damn warranty will take effect.
Speaker 1: It never took effect. It's not like he did anything wrong. He had no control over this.
Speaker 4: You need to talk him into small claim. Really, honest to God, these people are screwing him. In fact, I want people to call out there. I want him to call to that dealer and say, you know what your your scumbags.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let everyone know I have the number if I can.
Speaker 1: Give it out on the air, Yeah, give it out.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 7: Ariet code nine one zero two two, four, four eight three. The service manager's names.
Speaker 1: Rex, ask for RESK, ask for Rex, the sorry Rex?
Speaker 4: Okay, so here it is the extended warranty will not cover because it doesn't have original rims.
Speaker 1: The rims were sold with it for this guy, so they sold him a warranty that would never take effect. Think about that.
Speaker 7: It's bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we both we both are teetering on being were really upset about this, and so Bleaker Chevrolet. I want you to call him, ask for Rex and just say, you know what, your little shenanigans are not going unnoticed. Nine one zero two nine to two four four eight three. By the way, bo, did you ever talk to the general manager?
Speaker 7: I talked to three people. I talked to Rico, Kevin's and Stacey, and I did talk to one of the general I don't know which one of these three people.
Speaker 19: That I've been in contact with is the general manager. But they just never called me back. So I called the warranty company and they're the ones that said they knew about it, and they said we cannot.
Speaker 7: Help mister Ronald because the rims are after market and that's the exclusion in the warranty.
Speaker 19: But I agree the dealer sold him.
Speaker 1: The car with the after mark exactly exactly three or three seven one three eight two five five. This sucks when things like this happen more Right after this.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino here in three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Sam's got a question on appliance repairs. We've talked a lot about appliances in the past. Go ahead, Sam, Yeah.
Speaker 33: I called because some months ago you spoke about getting into a problem with a stove or a fridge. You ended up calling an independent technician. Yes, and you were very in with his service and his knowledge. I think his name was either Roma or Roman.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it was. It was Roma, yep, exactly.
Speaker 33: But I've lost track of the notes I made about his contact information.
Speaker 1: The guy's the best I've ever had here he is. It's called Apex. By the way, he's an applian to repair.
Speaker 4: His name is Roma. Here's his number seven to zero nine eight zero forty six nine. He does things like he does all kinds of major brands sub zero, Viking, thermidor Ge and then all of the lesser brands as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 33: I have a fridge that won't cool down so less than forty and some ovens that won't go up more than three twenty, So I think he might be the right guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Apex. I have Apex written down and that might be the name of his company, but his name is Roma. Yeah, Yeah, I love this guy.
Speaker 4: I mean what he did was so unbelievable and he could have charged us anything. We wouldn't have known any better. So yeah, thanks Sam for for calling and asking. Paul the waterman is finance. Somebody wants to know if financing is available, sir.
Speaker 8: Yeah, financing, you know, with a proved credit and sometimes you know, I also do in house financing, Okay.
Speaker 1: And then here's somebody else is Most water is supplied through C nine hundred p VC pipes. Do they leach do PEX and PVC. You know Pex's plastic.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Pex saysn't leach.
Speaker 1: Oh it doesn't Okay, good no.
Speaker 8: And you know PEX is like this is like the fifth generation of that material, so that's been tested. You know PVC, you know, majority of PVC pipe is used in drains. The only PVC that I've seen that you need to be aware of is called CPBC. That's pretty brtal. That's cheap stuff and it's some surprised a lot of high end homes you see with CPBC pipe, and so it can't take the pressure as conventional PVC piping.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said something about if you're going to get a water system, obviously we want you to use waterpros dot net, but you said, at least make sure they're they're real plumbers and real texts.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So's new state law requires folks that are plumbing contractor like myself, you need to have on your vehicle, on your handbills.
Speaker 15: Your paperwork, your work orders, your.
Speaker 8: Plumbing contractor number, and also your master plumber responsibilities number, and so that you know.
Speaker 15: I like that idea. It's to to weed out those that are you know, but how.
Speaker 1: Would anyone know if it's a real number, that's the problem. They got to check it out here, you.
Speaker 15: Check it out. You know, you're you're, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 8: But the thing is is that in the state of Colorado, you either have to be a plumbing contractor like water Pros or a water conditioning contractor. Okay, And so that's something that you know, I'm glad they're doing because there's too many people out.
Speaker 1: There that you know, Oh, there's there were a lot of ripoffs in the water softening and water conditioning and water purification. I remember going after some of them, yeah's, and they would come in and and scare the hell out of people.
Speaker 15: That's right. There's a lot of people that use scare tactics.
Speaker 8: Now, there's legitimate issues in her water, but you should have somebody that should be able to explain to you what the filtration media they're using and.
Speaker 15: How it's going to work.
Speaker 1: By the way, what is best And I don't know what they mean best, but I mean it's worth discussing distilled water. What is distilled water.
Speaker 8: It's the process of boiling water, you know, to to sanitize it. But there's so many chemicals in her water supply.
Speaker 1: Now so wait, so all distilled water is this boiled water boiled water?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you boil it and then the steam is transferred to another chamber as it cools. That you know in theory is distilled water.
Speaker 1: So it's the steam from boiled water. Correct, So you boil it all down, condense the steam, right, what does that do remove stuff?
Speaker 8: Well, eight years ago, you know that the thought was that could you know, kill and sanitize. But with all the chemicals in the water, boiling doesn't eliminate them. It just puts them in the vapor. It's you're transferring it to really remove Yeah, to really remove the contaminants, you need a zero point zero zero one micron reverse asmosis membrane that you know you can start getting ninety eight ninety nine percent reduction of everything we want removed. Then you could use activated carbon to help fight the p files.
Speaker 15: So it's a combination.
Speaker 1: So reverse osmosis in itself won't get rid of the p fis, Yes, it will, okay, but okay, but to make it affordable around the house, you want to use the carbon.
Speaker 15: Yeah, carbon filter. See it all the bends of what your hard water is.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 8: For example, you're you live in a neighborhood where you know, look how long your reverse asmosis filters last, right, right, And that's because your water hard it's was within the operating parameter.
Speaker 15: Right, So the role starts, it's to the heart of the water.
Speaker 4: The more it contaminates, correct, more beats up the filters. Okay, so the quit, the more you have to filter, you have to change them.
Speaker 1: Somebody wants to know, would it be cost prohibitive to do reverse osmosis for the whole house?
Speaker 15: That's pretty pricey.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're looking, you know, it would be the ultimate though, it would be the ultimate. We do, we do that, but in today's economy, you know, you're looking, you know, close to twenty grand.
Speaker 1: And then how much would it cost to maintain it?
Speaker 8: Well, that's the other thing is that the maintaining your filter replacements are going to be about six hundred dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Well that's not terrible.
Speaker 4: But the twenty grand up front, you would have complete reverse osmosis to your whole house, to.
Speaker 8: Your whole house, yea, absolutely correct, see modern heart.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be more than that. I didn't realize that. I mean, twenty is expensive, but if you think about it. Now, furnaces and acs are getting up there twenty.
Speaker 8: It's cheaper than a furnace and ac because you know they're between twenty to twenty five thousand.
Speaker 1: Now, no, I know some of them are ye.
Speaker 4: And then also if you if you did, let's just say theoretically in a new house, you had a reverse osmosis system.
Speaker 1: I can think of nothing else you would need.
Speaker 15: No, that's it. That takes care of everything, that gives you.
Speaker 1: What does it do about hardness.
Speaker 15: Well, you pretreat.
Speaker 8: So part of that price is having a water soe tank okay, support the whole house of verse hosmosis. Then you had a then you have a dedicated delivery pump that takes over. So you have a big holding tank, you know, like underneath your sink, you have a holding tank. Well, imagine having a two hundred and fifty gallon holding tank to hold the water. You know, produces one gallon of water, you know, one one gallon per minute, let's say, so you know it's a quick recovery. So you have a delivered separate delivery pump that then takes over and delivery to order to the house.
Speaker 4: All right, if you have any questions, give us a call. We have several minutes left to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk and don't forget. You can call three oh three Martino at any time. And when I say at any time, I mean like twenty four to seven. Leave your message and it will and we'll get back to you. So all you have to do is leave your name and number. More right after this, go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five or three ozho three Martino. Hey, listen, call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven. Pass the word around. We'll try to get the word out. Get your help, get you anything we need to help you. Now, even if we can't help you directly, you'll help a lot of other people by letting know, letting them know what scams are up.
Speaker 1: Now, something that I was shocked to learn about.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about contaminated water with forever chemicals and plastics. Do you know carpets, certain carpets still can shed plastics.
Speaker 1: Yes, carpet. So your kids are crawling around on this carpet, they put their fingers in their mouth.
Speaker 8: That's right, and they see it. Out of the dust that you see floating in the air is plastic.
Speaker 1: Stain resistant coatings on furniture.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well that's part of it.
Speaker 8: That's the p fives, that's the red upont In three, the Scotch card that and then now those are the gen X chemicals. And gen X chemical was a regulated contaminant and then recently the e p A unregulated it. And you know it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, people listen carefully. Forever chemicals and plastics in your carpet. There are certain carpets you have to ask for PIFI free carpet all and and actually it's it's the carpet that's treated with.
Speaker 1: The stain resistant stuff. That's the main stuff card.
Speaker 4: So does it all come down to the to the treatments and like cookwear, even there's cookware they say, we'll pass on PIFAs all of the nonstick cookware correct.
Speaker 8: Correct, anything that's teflon, you have to upgrade all your cook wear.
Speaker 1: Are they still making teflon products?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're making teflon product. It's supposed to be phased out. But it's not just in the United States. It's in China and India, although it's other countries that aren't doing, you know, what they need to do in order to control this contaminant. This is a global issue that's not going to go away, and it's only going to get worse. And I mentioned to you, you know, off air, I'm worried about how many acres of contaminated farm land that we have regarding you know, forever chemical contamination.
Speaker 1: So listen, listen, listen. Do you know that did the microwave pop in the bags?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The inside coating of those bags are often coated with forever chemicals.
Speaker 15: Correct, yep.
Speaker 1: And they're supposedly not supposed to leach.
Speaker 4: They say to go containers at restaurants, same thing the ones that are using paper and cardboard. Great, now, this is the one that blows my mind. We want to stay away from Forever chemicals. There are freaking companies making dental.
Speaker 1: Loss with Forever chemicals coated with plastics and Forever chemicals. God is there? Do we even have any hope? I mean, think about and I wonder how I got cancer.
Speaker 15: We have to have a serious dialogue about how we go forward.
Speaker 8: We need to bring back glass bottles and start in you know, aluminum, and it's.
Speaker 1: Good for the planet too. I mean we are into the planet. Now, let's get into it.
Speaker 15: You have waterways all over Colorado.
Speaker 8: They're contaminated with with Forever chemicals in microplastics. This is a global issue that's not going to get any better, and it's only going to get worse.
Speaker 15: We have to do something.
Speaker 4: Waterproof clothing and winter clothing often Forever chemicals. You have to specifically look look long and hard to find things without these chemicals.
Speaker 8: Now what about the firefight, know the cancer that they have because of the equipment that they wear that's treated with those chemicals.
Speaker 1: God almighty, So it's it's amazing. I did not I did not realize that there's dental flaws. Come on, it's dental flaws here.
Speaker 4: You're trying to keep it out of your body and they make dental floss with it. How do they even go to bed at night knowing they're doing this?
Speaker 8: This is something that they knew. Here's a bigger question. How they still in business? And then why weren't the lawsuits published? They settled for six hundred million dollars on something that is poisoned to earth. Six hundred million.
Speaker 15: Is all they had to pay. And you know there was a family that was ruined. There's families in can it.
Speaker 1: Never be cleaned out of the environment.
Speaker 8: Well, that's where we have to investigate. How do I mean there's specific filtration media that will work. But here's the problem. That filtration media then becomes hot. So what do you do with the filtration media?
Speaker 1: Well you obviously have to source somewhere. But the point is this drinking water? People.
Speaker 4: Come on, listen, I'm a cancer survivor at least right now I am, thank God, and I praise God for that. But here's the point is that you know where all this crap, all this crap is is is meaning something I know you've never heard of more cancer in your life.
Speaker 1: I know you haven't. I know I haven't.
Speaker 4: And a lot of that has to do with all the crap in our environment. And the least we can do is watch the food we eat and the water we drink.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you want to get a hold of Paul when he's not here, it's three oh three eighty six two five five five four waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. So so all you can do is is make sure your corner of the earth is clean for you.
Speaker 4: Watch what you eat, watch what you drink for sure, watch your drinking water, your baby heathing water, your housewater.
Speaker 1: That's about it for today. Now I want to remind you to pass the word around that you can get help, information and referrals at three ozho three Martino