Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome back to the fire Escape Cast. I am your host is always Mike Maharty here is always with the bad boy of games media, as he's come to be known, Dan Riikert.
Speaker 2: You realize you're stealing a gimmick there, right, is it? Am? I really? Yeah? Which Jan introduces Mike Manatti on the Oh does he really?
Speaker 1: To be clear, I don't listen to ship from Giant Bombs, so that's probably why I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't listen to anything anywhere. But I'm always sorry, let me start, let me start. I'm aware of that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Jan, Sorry, Mike, bad boy.
Speaker 2: Mike Manatty's gonna kick your ass.
Speaker 3: And he's already really happy that we mentioned his name before we've even introduced everyone on this.
Speaker 1: He does strike me as like a serial narcissist.
Speaker 3: Oh, he would be the first to admit that. Yes, okay, cool, you restarted on the house singing songs? Been inserting his name into songs all the time? Yeah, okay, okay, let's restart.
Speaker 1: What's Pucci? Stanley Tucci? I'm your host, Mike Maharty here is always with the milk toast. Dan Reikert, that's me and everybody's favorite comedian, Mary Kesh.
Speaker 4: Milk dust is your punishment for correcting him. I would much rather be the bad boy than milk toast.
Speaker 2: I just can't steal someoney's gimmick. Look, I can't do gimmick. Not a co owner with me.
Speaker 1: That's a valid point. I don't want to take away Mike's his aura.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're technically co owners also here, I guess we own fire Escape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can't we.
Speaker 1: Steal someone I actually owned seventy five percent? I just didn't tell you.
Speaker 2: Guys, work you got that thirty three going on.
Speaker 1: That'd be funny.
Speaker 5: You would be okay with stealing someone else's gimmick if.
Speaker 3: You want to as someone who respects the business a lot, and that's a wrestling thing.
Speaker 2: Mary and I know the Best.
Speaker 4: Game of the Week.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 5: Besties?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I totally listened to all of these.
Speaker 1: Pod Yeah, Chris Plant I think dabbles in fire Escape. Chris, I really do like the Best Ofies. I like their Game of the Year turns. We literally stole that.
Speaker 4: Apologies that I stolen or apologies that Dan had no idea what their gimmick?
Speaker 3: Listen, I love so many people in this industry. I've never listened to any of your podcast once.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't even listen to this back unless there's controversial stuff.
Speaker 2: I've never heard an episode of this no.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of a lot of people came out of the woodwork supporting your Hamilton opinion.
Speaker 2: Dan, Thank you everyone, Thank you rational adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so, I guess I'm the minority.
Speaker 5: I was afraid.
Speaker 2: I was afraid of them, Mary, Mary, why would you be You're afraid of musical theater fans. That seems like the least intimidating group ever.
Speaker 1: No, they're very Me and Mike naughty will take me and the bad boy of games media will take you out next time we see you.
Speaker 5: Yes, adults got used to be careful.
Speaker 1: I'm harmless, Mike.
Speaker 2: I've known you long enough. If you wanted to kick my ass at some point, you would have done it by now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. Well, I actually no, that's not true. I want I have wanted to, but I don't.
Speaker 2: I can state it was it the Turkey roll night.
Speaker 1: No, that was funny, Okay, I remember specifically because I remember hoped like it was when last time you were here in my apartment to clarify, I live on a fourth floor walk out, so you have to go up one, two, three flights of stairs to get there. It's fourth floor because it's a garden level.
Speaker 2: Don't do math.
Speaker 1: Don't don't come at me with a math And yeah, we've talked about this. That show. You grab my ankle each time I took a step because you were right behind me, and I told you on the first flight of stairs. Dude, that's that's really annoying me. I it was so frustrating to me. And there's that element of like a bit of autism on my end, where like if I'm trying to convey an emotion and I don't know how else to amplify, like I can't get much farther than Dan, that's really fucking annoying.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to go above that. You forced me to like become a different person on the next floor who could somehow get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was challenging you to basically evolve as a person. There's like, you know, like Liam Beeson and Batman Beginns. I was trying to be that for you. I was trying to get you to confront who you are and evolved.
Speaker 1: My ros al ghoul on the way up my stairs.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you're gonna kill me on a train.
Speaker 1: Your daughter's gonna come back in the future posing as someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course Amanda's your daughter. Mh.
Speaker 1: This is all making great sense. Speaking of movies. We're not going to talk about it, so no spoiler warning necessary. Mary and I have seen Weapons Dan. You're seeing it in like.
Speaker 2: Five hours, five hours from now. Yes, yes, I'm very excited we talk. It's again going blind.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen a trailer, I all I'll say is I heavily recommend you go see it.
Speaker 2: If you're going to be a horror guy. Normally.
Speaker 3: It shows the power of Mary's recommendation of Barbarian because I love that so much.
Speaker 1: The same director for contexts for those who might not.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, this probably wouldn't have been on my radar, but I love Barbarian a lot. So I'm doing the same thing this time, just going in totally blind. So thank you Mary once again for that recommendation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you have time after text or hit us up in the discord with thoughts at your hot immediate take.
Speaker 4: Talk about it in a future episode because I don't even similarly to Barbarian. I don't want to color your thoughts of what it is, but I do think I do think it's worth seeing, and I think there are similarities in the way that they are directing this that I think are will be interesting to people. I also will say I just think it's good to see in a theater because this type of film. Similar I did not see Barbarian in theaters, which is a bummer, but like, I think similarly, this is the type of film where people in the audience will go and it's really fun to see a movie in an auditorium where everybody kind of goes or like yeah, maybe giggles and you know what I mean. And so like this has a good audience vibe. I had that with Sinners as well, Like the audience was like they were hollering in my in my live screen of this, and I was like, I was here for it.
Speaker 5: I was in the zone because they were in the zone.
Speaker 4: So I think this is a good movie to see in theaters because of that, because the audience will all collectively say the same thing.
Speaker 3: I think horror and comedy are both they're really helped by the theater environment. Like did I talk last time about Naked Gun and just seeing it with just like you know, it was just like seven of us in the theater crack and happen, Like there's just something about that environment that I just love for horror.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to see Naked Doun tomorrow and.
Speaker 2: Since I saw it about it, I maybe that's what I do.
Speaker 1: I'm in LA this coming week and I've got some like obviously just like back to back in a studio. Maybe that I go see Naked Gun on.
Speaker 2: My own show, I would want to hear from both that'd.
Speaker 1: Be sad to see Naked Gun by myself.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that I would care.
Speaker 1: I would still do it another movie that was like okay, yeah, so these days, I think we've talked about it. You can get really shitty theater experiences for people who did not Like I don't. I'm not I don't want to make gen Z a boogeyman, but I'm just saying I think there are young people who didn't grow up with theaters as like the only way to see a movie. So when they go, it's very social for them, and they can be loud and talking over stuff, and you can get a really bad theater audience. However, I also Minecraft experience. I had a really good weapons audience. And the first movie, the movie that saved movies. If you didn't hear Top Gun Maverick, that crowd was awesome too. It was like they were cheering when he did the time trial thing and all the right moments. Did you say you had a bad Minecraft experience.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying the Minecraft experience with children is like notoriously bad because they scream and throw popcorn during that scene, and it was kind of like it was kind of the bane of theater workers because they were like, we had to clean all that shit up as someone.
Speaker 3: Who used to have to clean theaters after like movies with a bunch of fucking kids, And I was working the theater when Toy Story two came out and it was in our four biggest theaters, and that was hell cleaning that shit up every time because it was short too, so the turnover is just constant. So there's one closing out every fucking fifteen minutes, it seems, and they're all just nightmares to clean?
Speaker 5: Is that because children?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Is children the common denominator? Though?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, because it's always been bad. Yeah, my worst one was My worst one was a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part one. I was still in the working in a theater when that came or was it half blood print? It was one of the Harry Potters and it was like people are standing at the top of the theater stairs just like dumping popcorn from the top, like a waterfall of popcorn. I couldn't I could not fathom how they made it that messy. And I don't think that was a children thing. I think it was just one of the most popular movies ever had like drawn in huge audiences. What is going on really quick? I'm sorry, this is not good for audio listeners. Yeah, why does that keep moving?
Speaker 2: Oh? It's my fans on? I thought maybe boss, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, anyway, sorry, continue to.
Speaker 3: Speaking of exciting I wish in movie theater experiences. I really wish The New War of the World would have had a theatrical release because people would behooting and hollering and screaming and gasping throughout. It's just a thrill a minute. I didn't even know there was one, Like, there's a reason Mary, did you know?
Speaker 5: Is there a reason? No one knows about it is.
Speaker 3: A new War of the worlds. No, it is an Amazon Prime movie starring ice Cube, and I.
Speaker 5: Do know what you're talking about. I didn't know that's what.
Speaker 3: That was bad in a way I have never seen a movie be bad. It was made by Amazon during the pandemic. So I watched it last night on stream and it's it led to Mike Naughty calling me at two in the morning to rant about it. It is completely insane. It is an hour and a half of ice Cube reacting the things on a zoom call.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: He's just in a room on a zoom call the entire time because it was made during the pandemic and never came out and they've just sat on it. So it is the most like, remember there were like horror movies and stuff that came out during the pandemics that we're gonna play on the fact that it's all lockdown and stuff.
Speaker 2: Imagine that.
Speaker 3: But it comes out, you know, many years after it's relevant like that format and it is all like Amazon product placement. It is nothing but product placement. So it's like ice Cube being like.
Speaker 2: I need a thumb drive to hack into the Internet. Mainframe and then.
Speaker 3: He's on a zoom call with is like daughter's boyfriend or whatever, or I think it's a son. He's like, oh no, it's Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Ara, It's the future of delivery, and it shows the Amazon screen and like add to currents and use this address. And then a drone like a first person drone sequence of like Amazon drone having to go into the CIA headquarters or whatever to deliver a thumb drive to ice Cube so we can hack the internet. It is the most like you know in movies where it's like they say things about computers or hacking, and it's just the most like It's like, that's not how computers work or the Internet.
Speaker 2: That's all this movie is.
Speaker 3: It's just ice Cube right clicking on Google Maps and being like hack camera and it hacks the camera or hack you know this drone watched Stuncks too, you do. Everyone in the chat we just kept bringing up Watchdog stuff last night.
Speaker 2: It is. It is unbelievably bad and it's I think I've watched a lot of bad movies like Love on Alisha Nubes and all these shitty movies.
Speaker 3: I love shit like that. This is a different type of bad. This is just the most soulless, like corporate like AI made this. It seems like, you know, like it's unbelievably fucking bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least like the room was made with some sort of heart, right.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing is like like stuff like you haven't seen Love on a Leash. But it's like it was made by this elderly woman about a dog that turns into a man and is looking for love and stuff like that, and it's like unbelievably bad as a film, but it's like, all right, this is an interesting thing that happened. There was an earnestness to it where it's like this is just the coldest just like Amazon made a movie to advertise Amazon and Microsoft teams and Spotify and Facebook. Like there was a sub plot early on where it's like, oh, the girl is mad because her dad won't accept her boyfriend's Facebook friend request. In twenty twenty five, it was like a twenty something year old like doctor, it's like, you do excit boyfriend's friend request? Yeah, it's it's it's just unbelievably terrible.
Speaker 1: That sounds awful.
Speaker 4: I did see people talk about it online, so I didn't know that was World of Worlds. I just know everybody's making fun of ice Cube because he keeps doing this thing where he like makes giant leaps of faith because apparently he's like this genius and so he'll be like, oh, of course we need to add these things in this, and we'll need a drone. And it does this like very bad hacking visual that he's not in where it shows the computer screen and he says like ad drone, and then in the camera screen a drone shows up because he said ad drone.
Speaker 1: It's almost like he was playing it's just Superchu the enhanced thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a lot of it for ninety straight minutes.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: It just seems really poorly. Uh Like the special effects are really bad as well. And I think they thought maybe they could get away with it because it's all done screen in screen, so if he's watching a webcam it can look really bad. But then they do show stuff.
Speaker 2: See there's some of the aliens like blowing stuff up and everything.
Speaker 4: It's it's bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's trying.
Speaker 3: To do like a Cloverfield type thing where it's like, oh, man on the street, like you know from the perspective of the people, you know, shooting it from just you know, consumer cameras. But what if it was modern day and it zoom calls and stuff and it super doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Has Cloverfield held up?
Speaker 2: You know? I only saw it once in the theaters.
Speaker 3: I remember like I liked the marketing of Cloverfield more than I liked the actual movie. I think I thought it was clever marketing, which they didn't really show much at all. I remember thinking the movie was all right, but I really think like the gold standard for that type of thing with like the marketing and the movie is Blair Witch. Yeah, because again I was working with the theater when that came out, and like half the people thought that was real, like the marketing that it was the early days of the internet and people were like, oh yeah, I heard they found this tape. And then you're watching like I can't imagine how scary that would be if you thought it was real, you know, and even like knowing that it's a work, like you know, I watched it a couple of years ago. It's fucking good.
Speaker 2: It's again, it holds up very very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that feeling of despair when they like lose the map and then that just flat out.
Speaker 3: The loss and the tooth stuff and all that, and then ten is so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're in the tent and there's all the hands just hitting it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Yeah, I think I remember when that happened. And it's such an interesting reflection of like an era where the Internet was just getting started, and because the Internet was still pretty new, it was still fitly believable that if there was a website dedicated to the the Blair Witch being actual video files that they stole from police and they're actually you know, they shouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: Released, but they know where these kids went, and the hired unknown.
Speaker 3: They weren't like actors, which it's cute, and you couldn't do it again.
Speaker 5: You couldn't do it again.
Speaker 4: It was a moment in time, but I remember vividly my stepsister thought that it was real. So the scary part for her was that she believed the website that she went to that said we uncovered these police files, and it was just a time where it was like, yeah, maybe maybe they did uncover these police files and get the movie rights to them, and now they're releasing these dead kids footage for all of us enjoy. It's a snuff film. I think that it was just a moment that you could never do again. But I think it was incredible win for marketing to be able to do that found footage. But yeah, I've never really seen anybody do it like that ever. That actually didn't make me sick, and it kind of did make me sick a little bit, just in.
Speaker 2: Terms of just the movement to the camera and stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't always look up people's noses and iconic shots.
Speaker 5: It is an iconic shot. It's just a lot.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: What is the modern equivalent of that, not like found footage, but like something that was made where the marketing tied into the movie and it was could only have been made and it's time and place. Is there a modern like one that kind of blew people's minds like that semi recently.
Speaker 2: Like a movie movie? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably, Maybe there's a TV show.
Speaker 2: Like where you're trying to work the audience, like frog Fractions or something like that. The game, something that's just really subverts expectations in that way. I mean, it's like, what do you want to call it?
Speaker 1: A augmented reality kind of like the wider world. It plays into it an obvious one where they.
Speaker 3: Used to try weird stuff like that a lot back in like more of that Blair Witch like or like early two thousand stuff. Do you remember there was an EA game fuck, I always forget the name of it, where it was like you would give your like phene numbers. Yeah, it was nobody was like crazy ambitious where you give like your phone number and your fax number and your email and the game would like send you factxes in the emails. It was like the Michael Deckliss movie the game, except for they're not trying to.
Speaker 2: Kill you and stuff. Fuck EA game phone facts. I hate looking up stuff on a podcast, but uh, you're you guys. The Majestic Majestic one of the first alternate reality games. Yes July twenty four, two thousand and one. That's right, yes, Shadow Government conspiracy theory. It was played by phone email, AOL instant messenger, BlackBerry messages facts, and by visiting special websites. So yeah, it would be just like it was an EA game. Yeah, that Majestic July oh one, look it up. It's like I remember, like it sounded really fascinating. I don't think it really played like it was a huge failure, I think, but I thought it was so interesting sounding.
Speaker 5: I think I have.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's as strong, but I will say say that the very first time I ever encountered a game that threatened to delete my save data, I talked about and people would gossip about it. Hell Blade is a good example of that, where we all talked about it mattered.
Speaker 5: That doesn't matter though, I think, But we're not talking about whether or not hell Blade is good. I'm saying was it effective?
Speaker 2: Was effective?
Speaker 4: Shut the fuck up? Was it effective marketing for it to do that and get us all to be like, it'll delete your save and which we did, and everybody fucking talked.
Speaker 1: About it because because Kojimas never lied about the protagonist of a game, so he.
Speaker 2: Did in cool ways. He didn't fund subversive ways. I know, the Helplke thing is sure, great fun, but then after it comes out, people are like, oh, it's actually bullshit, and everyone's like it's bullshit. So like I would argue that it was not effective, you know, like because everyone knew right away.
Speaker 1: I well, I was, Yeah, I guess it wasn't as like long form as Metal Gear Solid two. But for people playing it for review it definitely we don't need to talk about this again. I think it added to the tension for me, but I didn't hear from other people that it was bullshit, so it worked. Also, developers are always lying to us in like every single game. That's the whole. That's how you when you make games, you're lying to the player, like coyote time, when like the developers are like, that's the phrase for like how much space in a platform? Or do you leave from the edge to jumper or Doom Doom twenty sixteen when you're back as to demons, they do not shoot nearly as much or move as quickly.
Speaker 2: Oh before shifting the difficulty on the fly, telling the players stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So brilliant.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 2: Well you can't notice. I think that's great. Yeah. Importantly, though you chote.
Speaker 1: Time uncharted, your health actually amplifies by ten when you're in the red on the screen, because they want you to feel like you're barely surviving, but you're actually more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 3: You mentioned coyote time. That reminds me of this came up this week. There's a divide here when I've asked people, are you team Wiley Coyote or team Roadrunner?
Speaker 1: So Roadrunner is the one that's always fucking with him and escaping, right, Yeah, So it's like Tom and Jerry kind of sure and co is.
Speaker 3: Always buying the Acme products trying to you know, it would be he's painting stuff on tunnels to look like roads.
Speaker 2: He's buying the Acme bird.
Speaker 4: Since because who are you? If Wiley Coyote won, then they would be over.
Speaker 3: He's eating the Roadrunner he would eat. He's always putting on bibbs and holding up the fork and knights.
Speaker 2: Who kill him.
Speaker 1: I think I'm team road I'm assuming you're.
Speaker 5: Okay, we all know what heel Dan is she should be.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a heel. I think road Runner is an asshole. And we we pulled the audience tough your podcast, and most people it was like fifty seven forty three Wiley.
Speaker 2: Coyote and I am a Wiley guy. Uh. I always rooted for Wiley Coyote.
Speaker 4: Being contrarian doesn't mean you've changed your mind. That's a flip flopper. Where're saying you're just picking the one that's obviously eating the other one.
Speaker 3: Now a kid and I were thinking No, as a kid, I was like, I want fucking white like cooty to catch him. And I remember there's Itchy and Scratchy where they're supposed to be the one where Itchy finally got Scratchy, And I totally empathized with, you know, Barton and Lisa being like, oh my god, that's finally gonna happen, because I wanted that to happen. I wanted the white coyote to eat the road runner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if either of you but because he's.
Speaker 2: Trying so hard on the road runners, just rub it in his face.
Speaker 4: But the roadrunner has every right to if either of you guys tried to eat me, I would absolutely embarrass you publicly and rub it in your face. And if everyone was like, man, Mary's kind of being a bitch about this, that's you.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I see Wiley Code's in the desert. We don't even know if he has a home. He is trying to survive. He's in the animal kingdom.
Speaker 2: Desert.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen a nature documentary. He's doing what a lion would do, or he's trying to eat and the road runner to see anywhere, and he decides to go, Oh, I'm gonna go right on this road, and I'm gonna fuck with this coote. That's just a hungry animal. He is fucking with a hungry animal.
Speaker 1: I'm confused. Have you seen a coyote use a plunger to detonate dynamite in the Nature documentary before you were the Good Ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they were fucking professionals about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they know what they're doing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No one can ever forget that famous David at David Attenborough scene when Wiley coyote hung in the air for about five to seven seconds. Now, he won't actually fall until he looks down.
Speaker 2: I heard from the hole he has already applied bandages to his forehead.
Speaker 1: It's a are you sorry?
Speaker 2: You signed that said? Yikes? So are you?
Speaker 1: Team?
Speaker 2: I love Wiley Coyote. Tom is the cat.
Speaker 3: I watched Tom and Jerry know that this came because, like Tom and Jerry was a cat and mouse situation.
Speaker 2: That's just a nature thinks.
Speaker 1: It wasn't situation. It was just a cat. Yeah, it was a cat.
Speaker 3: So Vester in Tweety is different because Tweety was a pet and the cat's just trying to get into a cage and eat a pet, so like Sylvester, clearly the heel. I can't get behind Sylvester. There there's no justifying his actions.
Speaker 1: Wow, Looney Tunes really recycle the things, didn't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, elm're budd hunting bugs, bunny, you know, like, yeah, there's a lot of hunting.
Speaker 1: There's the Detroiters. Have you seen that Detroiter sketch that I don't know pops up bunny at my Instagram feed where Tim Robinson goes up to these people at like a business dinner and they're like, oh my god, are you like Tom Breidwood's son. He's like yeah, it's my dad. And they're like, man, we uh the stock market was exploding when he was still working.
Speaker 2: And he's like yeah.
Speaker 1: They're like, how's he doing. He's like, ah, he's a vegetable. He really doesn't understand anything anymore. And then they get quiet and they're like and then this woman's like, well, you tell him I said hi, And he's like talking to him like is like talking to bugs, bunny. It won't make sense. She's like, well, then you tell him I said, what's up?
Speaker 2: Doc?
Speaker 1: I think it was Detroiter's.
Speaker 2: It might have been. I don't know what else. I feel like you could talk to bugs bunny he talked.
Speaker 1: He just says what's up?
Speaker 2: Doc?
Speaker 1: Doesn't he No?
Speaker 2: He says words and stuffy and he's like, I think like you know that stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he just has like slang stuff. Got same thing. Alma Fudd is just hunting a rabbit the whole time? Is that all Looney Tunes?
Speaker 4: You is hunting?
Speaker 2: He was a pervert?
Speaker 5: Is he not hunting?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I guess in a way. What was Speedy Gonzalez's thing? He was fast? I'm gonna google what was Speedy Gonzalez's deal.
Speaker 1: Speedy Gonzales could not have aged well but not it's a little I don't know what was there like a counterpart in that show. Did he have a villain or was he the villain?
Speaker 2: He was just fast?
Speaker 4: That was What about the other guy with guns?
Speaker 5: The Texans?
Speaker 2: Sam? He was great? I love you Sam.
Speaker 4: Didn't he try and kill Speedy Gonzales? Weren't they Nemesis the same day?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Interesting? What about Uh?
Speaker 1: What about Marvin Marshaan?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He was just trying to the big red monster guy, remember the big the red He's like like a refrigerator of red, fuzzy refrigerator.
Speaker 4: Is I actually remember only that because of the game, the Looney Tunes game. It's impossible to beat that sequence in space with this fuzzy red foot and it was so difficult.
Speaker 5: I think we ended up quitting that game.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 5: I wonder whatever happened to that game ship.
Speaker 1: Wow, I am remembering that now. I just got like a vision of it. I forgot about it. I have to Marvin Marshan game on my I had the Marvin Martian game on my game gear on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was an old game.
Speaker 4: It must have either been on because I had a Sega growing up, so it was either like Sega game gear could absolutely be it.
Speaker 1: I'm game because the game gear was just all Genesis games, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just been so long since I played this.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Speedy has the reputation of being a hit with the female mice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, situation.
Speaker 1: Because he in and out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, two pump chump, My god.
Speaker 1: That cartoon you're talking about there's for children. Uh, Looney Tunes.
Speaker 4: I used to wake up like Abby, I'm gonna shoot.
Speaker 1: Gross yeah, kind of kind of hot.
Speaker 2: Like a little like Corkscrew pigtail penis right, Oh yeah, for sure. That was the implication of the Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know what's going on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marsh have a trident penis.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lenny Tunes is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot like That's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think they were, like you know how they're like Nickelodeon Kids and like Disney Channel Kids and stuff. I never had Disney Channel, so it's like, as a kid, Nickelodeon was my whole deal.
Speaker 2: Like I loved all those shows.
Speaker 1: I was a Nickelodeon. I knew it was Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network.
Speaker 3: See, Cartoon Network was after my time, you know, by the time that was around. Well, actually, I think there was a while when I was a kid and I was like, oh, I wish I could watch this, and I didn't have it. And then like when Base Ghost and all that stuff, I would, you know, see commercials and this seems like my type of thing, and I just never had access to it. So never all that adult swim stuff, all the Cartoon Network stuff. I just I don't have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cartoon Network struck me as more for people who had slightly aged out of Nickelodeon. It was not as feel good. It was slightly weirder humor, fairly extras laboratory drum type stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah stuff I didn't have. Uh, I didn't have cable growing up, but my dad did. So whenever I visited my dad, I was able to like partake and cable the life of what cable was for like two to three weeks a year, and that was very special time for me to like understand what Johnny Bravo was.
Speaker 1: Sure Kelodeon was channel thirty four for me, same number as Shaquille O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Wow, what a nice little memory.
Speaker 3: Growing up, I had never seen Invader Zim. But not to generalize, but I do remember in college in the dorms, the most insufferable people in the dorms were the ones that were the most into Invaders in Yeah, one of the most annoying people I've ever met.
Speaker 1: I do think it had element. Yeah, I think it had like a Rick and Morty like, oh, it's actually more adult than you think. It is kind of vibe right.
Speaker 4: Well, it was evil and so like Invader Zim was like genuinely trying to kill people, and it had like a real dark premises to it of like, you know, are you on the side of this murderous villain that keeps making mistakes? And so like I got really I definitely was the person who had the Invader No, not Invader Zim. He had a dog called Girl and it was like a little alien that had a zipper. And I had ger t shirts, I had a girl backpack, I had ger stuff Like I was that little freak and I think I was annoying, So like your theory is accurate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was rocket Power Hey Arnold, Hey, Arnold still is one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Hey kids, and we all, what did you.
Speaker 2: Say, Rather than rocket Power like a Pokemon thing, Team Rocket was the lay.
Speaker 1: Rocket Power was the like California skater Skater.
Speaker 4: Kids, which was also cool. And I still do Wiggedy Wiggedy all.
Speaker 1: The Twister Reggie.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the it's not a crazy age difference between the three of us, but sometimes even a couple.
Speaker 2: Of years, you realize where the like, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Like with like me and Vinnie, you know, it's like, oh he was in that kind of like he man Transformers, g I, Joe Era, and I'm just like a couple of years younger. So it's like I was into Turtles, Ghostbusters, and then you go a couple of years past me, and it's like the Cartoon Network stuff, the things you're talking about, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, for sure like that that stuff moved quick. If you didn't get on the ground floor with Cartoon Network, then yeah, you were left behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like the original anti hero it was and Coyote.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that he's staring. Yeah, I think it's hard. And also I don't think it's that serious. I don't think like as children, we were ever supposed to ask ourselves what side we were on. The point was well liked the fact that they always did the same thing, which is Wiley Coyote tried to kill Roadrunner and then embarrassed himself and got squished. Like that's hold up.
Speaker 1: The joke, Okay, hold on a second dance. So if I were to ask you, do you sympathize with Kevin or Harry and Marv and Home alone?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, I wanted Kevin because, like I was like that age.
Speaker 1: Just the same dynamic. He's being an asshole and like booby trapping and kicking, like basically would kill them in real life. I mean, yeah, they're invading his house, but they're.
Speaker 2: Kevin the Wiley Coyote.
Speaker 1: In this situation, he's the road runner because he's setting up all these traps and like, like.
Speaker 3: While Coyote was setting up traps, acme seed, you're setting up the tunnels that you know, we're the side of a mountain.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess home alone would be but right, but then this case, Wiley Coyote succeeds.
Speaker 2: Well that be great.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why you're at Kevin because.
Speaker 4: They're killing the Wiley Coyote is trying to kill road Runner. And these guys are trying to kill Kevin like they're trying to kid him.
Speaker 2: No, Wiley's on defense. Kevin's on defense.
Speaker 4: You know Wiley is not on defense survive.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. I think he's the one setting up all the tracks.
Speaker 3: You think he's doing it out of malice, No, it's hunger and survival.
Speaker 4: So, but Marv is also starving and he needs all of them.
Speaker 2: You can get a fucking job and quit robbing.
Speaker 4: People, does Wiley Coyote?
Speaker 2: And so do you he's a coyote, Marv's a man.
Speaker 1: I think once someone starts hunting you with the intention of killing you, you can react.
Speaker 2: However you want.
Speaker 3: Elmer Fudd was hunting bugs, Bunny Wiley coyote was just existing and roadrunner was coming into his world and fucking with them.
Speaker 2: Wiley was not hunting.
Speaker 1: Where are you getting that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that definite?
Speaker 2: Is that it was always and.
Speaker 3: Cliffs and desert and stuff like that. It was basically his home. White is in his natural environment and roadrunners coming in can't.
Speaker 1: It's road runners environment too. Isn't rod Runner? What is road runner supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Now that I think his environment is a road? Isn't it his environment?
Speaker 3: His natural and but he could get around easier. He should go somewhere else and let the coyote live peacefully.
Speaker 1: He's on road to be and this guy is trying to blow him up with dynamite. So I would also, if I knew I was smarter than my opponent it was hunting me, I would also paint tunnels on walls so you've run into them. I think it's his prerogative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's evolution, like nature is metal. If you're running into walls that have been painted. You aren't mentioned.
Speaker 2: This show is awesome. I gotta watch watch some Looney Tunes when I'm like a Torrent or something. Yeah, it's got to be somewhere.
Speaker 4: I watched the New Alien show a bit of a dramatic shift. But Alien is the new Alien Earth series. I believe it's on Hulu for sure. Uh that is in the Alien franchise and it is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you were on that. Sorry wait but you stop paying? No. The reason I didn't even tell you you share? We did?
Speaker 3: He told you yes, No, you said you talked to a man about it and you declined it.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're gonna do it this year. You did, and I gift you on because I'm nice?
Speaker 1: No wait wait wait wait?
Speaker 2: When did I got to look back through that?
Speaker 3: Because I don't really no, no, no, well shit, if I'm wrong, then I got to reap because you paid me. I don't think you paid me, though, I remember being like I told my dad because he's just kind of piggybacking.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: March twenty third, twenty twenty five, do you want to go in on another year of Hulu? Mike sure, Venmo requests whatever you need.
Speaker 2: Receipts. No, Oh, is it somebody on YouTube premium or something that.
Speaker 1: Sunday March twenty third, at nine to twenty two pm, you asked me and we were hug I'm pretty sure we were using Hulu when I said, sure, Venmo.
Speaker 2: My transactions Okay, I don't see the Mike mcharty's here. I don't see the Mike Mharty's July third.
Speaker 1: So March twenty third, I sent Dan Ryker one hundred thirteen dollars and ninety four cents.
Speaker 2: Oh was that for? So can you send that back?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, one hundred and thirteen ninety four. The thing you put down is the emoji was a wineglass, So that sounds like we went to a bar.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: What would we have been doing in March?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but the wine glass isn't Hulu.
Speaker 1: This is why didn't you Venmo request me. I definitely would have paid if you did.
Speaker 4: You guys want to fight.
Speaker 2: Well, let's we're gonna track this down off the air, because if you did pay me for Hulu, I need to sign back up.
Speaker 1: Uh, Maris you said thanks for the time. You Sayeah, you said thanks for the Venmo on March twenty fourth, and when did we Hulu the March twenty third. That could be a coincidence.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm signing up for Hulu again.
Speaker 1: You don't decign up for Just send me back your buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll send you the money. Okay, Okay, I'm glad. No, we're keeping this because I want the world to know what it's like.
Speaker 1: That's fine, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, either money or so you.
Speaker 4: Guys can watch Alien and talk about.
Speaker 2: It with me.
Speaker 1: I'm very interested in the show, Mary, the.
Speaker 4: New show on Hulu, the Alien franchise, and it is about both of you.
Speaker 2: No, I want to hear, he interrupted. We're curious, he said, he said, he canceled, and then I had to launch into it because there's money involved. Mary. I am excited about the show.
Speaker 1: I almost started last he does, I want to hear about Alien Earth. I almost started last night, but I held off. So there's four parts. They're each an hourish, but they only have two live right now, and you have watched both of them.
Speaker 2: How is it.
Speaker 1: I'm hosting the ship out of this thing, and I'd be remiss.
Speaker 2: If I didn't point that out.
Speaker 1: Are you how's How's How's Alien Earth?
Speaker 4: I like it it is. It has some important context that they explain in the very beginning of the show, which is that there's three competing companies that are trying to essentially take over how the future of humanity exists. One cyborgs, and that's when people like replace body parts with machines, and so there are people out there who are mostly machine. Now there is AI robots, right, so there's robots that are like in our world that are just like supporting us as we need. And then there's a new thing called hybrids, and that's when you download a person's consciousness into a robot. So they have memories, Yeah, they have emotions like people do, but they are in robotic bodies and they are like less prone to getting squished or die. And so these three different entities are in the current world and you can get them confused or mix them up.
Speaker 5: There's like a cyborg that's.
Speaker 4: In the very opening sequence that is able to like maneuver around Alien whereas like people are like dying left and right. And then the crux of the plot of this is that there are hybrids and one of the hybrids has a brother who is human, and she him, she has memories of him before she was transferred to her robot body, and he is a first responder and he's going to be a first responder in the ship that just crash landed with alien on it. And she's like, I have to go and help him because I am strong now. But she's like eight years old. There's all these hybrids and they're all children. They're all eight years old kids in the bodies of like strong adults.
Speaker 2: Oh weird.
Speaker 5: It's very weird.
Speaker 1: There's people that look like me going around be like I want cinnamon toast qunch.
Speaker 4: Heyah, they're not They're not like too stupid, but they do. They do children's stuff where like they'll be sitting in the show like this, like with their head like get their knees into their chest, or they'll be upside down and they'll be like playing with their fingers or getting distracted, and it's like, yeah, these are fucking kids. These are young. I don't know if they're like you know how, I don't know children's ages very well. They might be ten, but I'm just saying they are. They are children in adult bodies going into an alien universe with new bugs and new stuff. And that's the other thing I really like about this is like we've seen a lot of what alien can do. We understand the mouth coming out of the mouth and that it's a hunter and stuff like that. This new one on the ship, there are a bunch of different species that they're trying to protect. The I don't know, the corporation is trying to protect and make sure all these species stay alive. Well, they're starting to get out, and so in the first episode you will see the first new species that it's not alien, that is starting to like kill people. And it's fun because each episode I have found a new thing to be scared of because we don't know what it is. We don't know how it works, we don't know how it operates, and it is they're also killing people.
Speaker 5: And then there's also alien hunting.
Speaker 2: So and there's just the four episodes. Like it's a limited run type thing.
Speaker 4: I believe, so I believe it's I like that to build to sell, right, It's like this one entire entity feels.
Speaker 2: Like a longer movie or a shorter run of a TV show. I like that.
Speaker 4: I'm two in I think it's quite good and so what happened was I was like, you know, I had like my big bowl of popcorn and I had my drink. I didn't know I had my scal That was before we started. Mike said that.
Speaker 2: We were when you talked about that weird.
Speaker 4: I want everyone to know that. You said you were gonna watch Sinners tonight before we started recording, and then I was like, great, you should get some popcorn.
Speaker 5: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: And you were like, no, actually, I'm gonna max scallops. And I was like, that's weird on popcorn, but like, do whatever.
Speaker 2: The fuck you want.
Speaker 1: It was a funny Marry joke that I didn't realize was thinking back. Yeah, I was off.
Speaker 4: And then you were like, I think I might make a cocktail, and I was like, scalop cocktail sounds pretty gross too, but like live your life. It was double whammy from Mary. Anyway, the point.
Speaker 2: Is is I made that second joke.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think I made both of the jokes. Anyway, we're watching this. I didn't know it was piecemeal. I didn't know they were releasing them episodically, and so I'm watching these two episodes.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is great, let's keep rolling, like, let's go, and.
Speaker 4: It ends with the Episode two ends with like a huge cliffhanger, and episode three starts and I'm like, oh, wild, Like it's a spaceship with characters I haven't seen yet. It must be like going backwards in time or forwards in time.
Speaker 1: As someone who wants to watch the show.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna ask you to trust me, okay. And so there's like this spaceship and they're all in hyper sleep to all we know is like very familiar in the Alien series. And then an asteroid hits the spaceship and all of these people get like emergency ejected in their little cocoons in their little room, and this guy gets like ejected onto a ship and there's aliens on the ship that are not alien, they're like spiders.
Speaker 5: And I was like, this is so how can you have a totally new character on a.
Speaker 4: Totally different planet fighting totally different aliens? Why is this?
Speaker 5: Are they gonna meet him later?
Speaker 4: This is so confusing?
Speaker 5: And I keep watching it because it is.
Speaker 4: It's not bad.
Speaker 5: It's not good, but it's not bad.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I just don't know if I like agree with this total shift in tone and direction and who the fuck are these new characters? And finally, like forty five minutes in, I was like, wait a second, and I have pause, and it's a movie. It's a different movie from a different franchise, and I watched forty five minutes of it, thinking with an episode of Alien.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, that's insane. You're watching Happy Gilmore too.
Speaker 1: You got forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: In forty five minutes, But you have to understand he was in he was in hyper sleep and I.
Speaker 2: Was, you know, in a ship, and I was like, oh, totally.
Speaker 4: Hyper sleep Alien, this is the same thing.
Speaker 5: But who is this guy?
Speaker 4: Who is this guy I've never heard I've never seen him before.
Speaker 1: That an algotche the algorithm got your rakes.
Speaker 4: And I've never like if this was a machine or if there was a person that was like, I'm gonna play this movie. After the second episode of Alien, they hook line syncred me into watching most of a movie that has nothing to do with an Alien franchise, because I thought I thought that I was watching episode three and just they just had sometimes shows do that where they're just like, this is an offshoot, but it'll come, it'll come into play.
Speaker 5: I promise you, it'll sink up later.
Speaker 3: I feel like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul would do that where it's like an episode surgeon, like, wait, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Where are what time? Is this worth these characters? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I could see that happening. Maybe not forty five minutes of it, but I could see it happening. Oh.
Speaker 4: I was so And the whole time I was like eating popcorn and drinking my drink and I was like, you've kind of love kind that one's you and I was kind of like, I was like, you're losing me. But like there are interesting aliens. They're like spiders, but like I have to look it up.
Speaker 1: You gotta hit continue watching.
Speaker 5: I will tell you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 4: I can look it up if we google it. So it's I'm just gonna I'm gonna say what the plot is, which is a guy gets ejected from spaceship uh and when he lands, it's a planet with aliens and and there's a lady on his calms that are like, hey, can you help me?
Speaker 5: I need you to come get me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's really it's really far away, and he's like I don't have a lot of oxygen.
Speaker 5: And she convinces him, and she talks with him through the audio the whole time.
Speaker 1: You get you get on an escape pod and you go to a planetary object covered with.
Speaker 2: The plasma grenades. World was like an oval thing. The controller was initially really big. I didn't know why Hulu told me to plug in my controller, but and turn on my Xbox Original.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's called long distance.
Speaker 2: Huh Google Google.
Speaker 4: Figured it out from me saying I'm just gonna say my Google terms were Hulu guy ejected, space ship, planet, aliens, women colms talking to him.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, twenty twenty four, so would have like looked modern like the show. And yeah, okay, fifty tomatoes. How Anthony Ramos is from a Nope? And oh that guy he was in Hanilet.
Speaker 1: Christopher Yevshu is in a his name's Dwayne in this, but he was in a Game of Thrones. He was the rough and tumble dude from the North.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Sure, long distance is like fine. I found it a bit exhausting because there's a person on comm's talking the whole fucking movie being like tell me more about your life, like while you come in rescue me, and it's just like I don't give a fuck about this woman that I've never heard of, but there is like alien stalking him the whole time, and that's really exciting. So like I'm on the fence about it. But as soon as I found out it wasn't alien, I turned it off and went.
Speaker 2: To bed because the long distance.
Speaker 4: I was offended. I was, I was upset. I was I was disappointed in myself. I was disappointed in the algorithm. I was actually impressed by the algorithm, and I was disappointed that I like got tricked into watching this fell.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like Mike will not be disappointed than me, because Mike. I just went to my Hulu account and it says it never actually canceled because it was a couple of days ago and I'd already paid for the month.
Speaker 2: So I canceled my cancelation.
Speaker 3: And not only that, I bought a full calendar year, full twelve months of Hulu and Mike those last few months. That's a bonus. You got those for free. You got another another year, no problem, buddy.
Speaker 2: Wait, so did I pay for the coming year? No? But did you already paid me? You already paid me in March. You're good, okay, yeah, thanks. I feel like you're acting like it's a reward. I just feel like myself on the back A great job here. Yeah, okay hero, Uh huh. That's a lot of people are saying.
Speaker 1: Thank you for providing the product I paid for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad's going to be thrilled.
Speaker 3: He was really sad because he doesn't get to do his little Family Guy Pelvic Thrust nighttime routine.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry what I've told you this right, not Family Guy Pelvic Thrust. I think I remember, Oh, the Hulu. You know my dad's on there. You always fuck with them a shit really quick though. I will say the thing was Blake Hester, who I saw weapons with. Oh.
Speaker 1: I mentioned that, like I sometimes change your dad's profile name to fuck with him, and he's like, do you ever go into his profile see what he watches? Like now, He's like, it's probably like Family Guy and stuff.
Speaker 2: So it's own. It's one that's the only thing he watches on Hulu is fair okay.
Speaker 3: When he goes to bed every single night, three hundred and sixty five days a year, he puts Family Guy on and it's in the TV in's bedroom. And he lays in bed on his back and you know the song he goes he's a.
Speaker 2: Family Guy bomb.
Speaker 3: And so during that last little flourish in bed, he kind of like pushes his hips up and he swivels him around and he tries to time a pelvic thrust with the like bamp and then he gives himself a rating. That's the last thing he does every day is pelvic thrust to the end of the Family Guy theme song. And it's like that was a nine, that was a four, that that wasn't a great one. I didn't time that right. And he just falls asleep, and he says, he falls asleep immediately. So every day ends with pelvic thrusting with a Family Guy theme song and immediately falling asleep.
Speaker 1: Mary, you go first.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to make of it.
Speaker 5: I mean it's I mean, it's like such a lonely.
Speaker 1: Experience as someone who doesn't sleep well. I guess whatever works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, surrounded by solar panel surrounded by solar panel lights on the floor.
Speaker 2: Do I tell you about that? No, Jesus is a short one.
Speaker 3: So we moved into his trailer and he bought all these solar panel lights to like put on his trailers so if somebody comes to rob him, it'll like blast him with a big flood light. And then he didn't know how to install it, so he called his friend over to be like, hey, can you nail these to my house? And he's like, Paul, there's lights on the street. It's well illuminated even in the middle of the night. You don't need these. And so my dad's like, I know exactly what to do.
Speaker 2: So he puts them these outdoor floodlights solar powered in his bedroom on the floor. So when he wakes up to go pee in the middle of the night. Several times he wakes up, the motion sees him and brown just lights up the fucking bedroom so we can walk to the bathroom. And then every day he takes these, he has to charge them, so he puts them on the deck. So he puts these floodlights on the deck to get the sun juice so we can put them on the bedroom floor, which just blasted with like nuclear light when he has to pee in the middle of the night. That's all my dad.
Speaker 3: Why not just get like night lights that plug in and just that's what they're there for. And they're not as intense as outdoor floodlights.
Speaker 2: So no, this wors great. I thought this was really a smart idea. I thought this was great, like and he loves it.
Speaker 1: How did you did you just stumble on this when you visited this?
Speaker 3: It was my first time in his trailer and it was the I think the first thing he said, like, check this out.
Speaker 2: I'm a genius. It was like the first thing he told me. And I was like, why don't you just get night lights? And he said, oh, this is much better.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's never gonna I guess I'll see clearly at night.
Speaker 4: I just think he guess.
Speaker 2: Doesn't move in his sleep because if he moves it all, he's gonna get blasted.
Speaker 4: Does that, like in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: That like, So here's the thing, just like he moved because he didn't want neighbors, because the smoking thing, and he loves it because like the trailer.
Speaker 3: Close to him likes to smoke. He likes to smoke. And there's no one in the trailer next to him because the previous tenants were a murder suicide situation, and the tenants before that, the owner threw himself in front of a train. So people think that trailers haunted and no one moves into it, and so he's just like, hell, yeah, no neighbors to talk to me while I'm smoking Thanks murder suicide.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the ghosts that are giving him these ideas.
Speaker 2: No, this is pure paw record thinking.
Speaker 1: I don't think he lives next to a haunted trailer.
Speaker 2: You might, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also resent that he's making me say a word I can't pronounce correctly when we talk about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's what's going on, Dad, that's good trusting, he leads, he's gonna be thrilled about the family. Guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thrust myself asleep, you know what I mean? But like that doesn't thrust myself awake too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Not really? But it's okay. How I know anything else new?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 1: The metal Gear Solid is it called metal Gear Solid three Delta, metal Gear Solid.
Speaker 3: Delta gar Solid Delta Snake Eater, which I do think is smart because that gives them the room if they want to remake other ones. You know, you could just have like meddle your solid Delta the twin Snakes, Meddle your Solid Delta. Sons of Liberty Delta could be the remake series, or you.
Speaker 2: Could do whatever, Alpha, Mega, whatever the fu I want to do with it.
Speaker 3: How yeah, I think it's it would be weird to like put a three in front of it when you're trying to remake this for a new generation that hasn't played the old games, because it's like, God, I don't want to jump in on the third one. They might not know it's actually the first one chronologically and all that stuff. So honestly, I think that the title is a good call. But yeah, I was in New York recently and it was one of those It was a one day, all day thing where you sit down and just play the fucking game, and it was great, Like it was just I almost beat the game. I only had like an hour and a half or so left to play when I got home, and they give us the code right after the event, so we were able to pick up immediately once I got home. So yeah, I just ran through it really quick. And I think the reason I was able to run through so quick is because it is the same game that I've played three million times before. It is one to one in most ways. Outside we're talking outside quality life stuff, we took it to that in a second. The presentation, the way the world is set up and segmented, like you know, the different areas, the cutscene direction and all that stuff. It is one to one, like literally like to the second, like the cuts. It's like they did Psycho remake. Do you remember this when they remade Psycho with Vin's Vaughan and it was like it was shot for shot and it was like, that's weird. This is like a good version of that where it's like they're not doing this, isn't their take on like we made it's our Snake Eater. It's like, no, Hideo Kadrema's name is all over this. Even though there was the messy divorce and all that stuff with Konami. This is them modernizing Hideo Kadima's game with quality of life, with modernized controls, much better visuals. So it's kind of exactly what you would want as a metal gear.
Speaker 2: Like super Fan. I don't know how I would do this differently. It does feel better.
Speaker 3: The new control stuff is great, being able to like swap camo and call people in the codec and everything like on the fly and not always having to go into a deeper menu that's very handy, especially the Camo stuff. You can literally like, Okay, I'm not in the jungle anymore. I'm against this red brick wall. I'm going to hold in a button on the dpad and just switch right over. No problem, don't need to pause and go through stuff. Still has the Survival Viewer stuff, which I was not a big fan of. I didn't like because I play the game like an I suck at stealth. So I'm just kind of blasting everyone in that game. So I'm getting shot a lot, and so for someone like me, I have to pause all the time, go into the Survival Viewer and like, Okay, gotta bandage up my thing, gotta take out the bullet, gotta put the stiptick and disinfect it. And so like I'm spending a lot of time that menu. There's kind of a part of me that's like they're gonna change one bigger thing about it. I would love to not have the Survival Viewer, but I'm sure most people are playing it like a stealth game because it's a stealth game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so funny. I take so long in stealth. In most games that offer it, I don't go just blasting like a desth Treating two.
Speaker 2: I was playing like a stealth game as well. Oh yeah, I was just going in with an AKA and blasting people. Yeah, Frank Chris, I.
Speaker 3: Always go in with good intentions and it just shifts the bed immediately. And I would kind of do that here, or I would go in with good intentions. I'm gonna sneak up, but I'm gonna see QUC and I'm gonna interrogate him. In Steaven, I get caught immediately, so I just kind of ran through that.
Speaker 4: I have a hard time with being stealthy as well. I usually think that I'm being sneaky and then as soon as I get caught, I'm like, all right, like, whoever saw me, I'm shooting you right in the face, and then that makes noise and the other people find me and then I run around.
Speaker 2: And no suppressure.
Speaker 3: I'm just machine gun is brah, Like there's a gun that's so loud that when you shoot it and Snake Eater, snake goes like ah a rambo crazy mini gun situation. And I used that for the last several hours of the game. So stealth was out the window for sure. But Mary like if you want to go in trying stealth, that is one of the things that they have added is like L one is kind of like basically the sneaky button. So it just kind of like, you know, like it goes in kind of a crouch walk type thing and it kind of like brings like a vignette effect to the you know, it's the quiet button basically, so that can help with sneaking up on people things like that. But a lot of little changes to just like the hud and stuff like the way that the way they move things around and just had kind of shortcuts and things like that. But ultimately it's the same game. It just feels and looks better all the little I won't spoil anything in particular, but like Snake Eater and all Kajima games have a lot of interesting little easter eggs and weird things that like oh you might have missed this, or oh did you know you can do this in this weird way. I'll just say that if you like those things in Snake Eater, I don't think there were any of them that were not reflected here, Like all those crazy like did you know you can do this this way?
Speaker 2: Like you can do it this way.
Speaker 3: And yeah, even stuff that you would think wouldn't make it to the remake, things that didn't make it into you know, HD collections and things like that, like this is they they went above and beyond to rear. I mean even like the Snake versus the ap Escape Monkey stuff I played on PS five. You know that's all in there, the secret Theater stuff from the Subsistence re release back in the day.
Speaker 1: Maybe all take a long break from the game for a bit and come back and see how it's stay.
Speaker 3: Maybe I saw someone at the review event turn off the internet connection on their PS five and change the clock and just see what happens, you know. So, yeah, it's it's interesting. Like, I for the most part, really like the new visuals. I think all of the characters look awesome, and they look true to like yep, that looks like what I would expect Snake or Eva or Boss to look like in a modern game. There are occasional things where it's like there are certain images that are just so iconic that I've seen a million times in gifts and memes and stuff, Like I mean, Snake saluting at the grave.
Speaker 2: Everyone's seen that a million times.
Speaker 3: You know, like it is just weird to see that thing where it's like I have that image burned into my brain of exactly what that looks like, and just to see like, you know, the coloring is different and the model is a little different and stuff. It's just like, oh, okay, I just kind of have to get used to it because I'm so used to the old one. But I think if I was playing it for the first time in twenty twenty five with Delta, I don't think it'd be like this is weird. I think it's just because I'm very familiar with that original one. So it's all to say, it's it's everything I would have wanted from a snakey to remake, and I would want them to keep doing this approach with you know, one, two, four five.
Speaker 4: Do you think that's what they're doing, is like they're gonna go Fi and Gamut and do.
Speaker 2: Them all the reson.
Speaker 3: I mean, they have definitely been asked about this at the event. Yeah, they were asking, like there's a team in place Economy that is like this seems to be like the new Middle Year team is it's such.
Speaker 4: A cash cow too, Like I think if you redid these for modern audiences, especially with just the history of these games being so beloved, I think audiences would really gravitate towards that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's I don't want to say it's like, you know, an easy cash in or anything, but like, look, the source material is there, Just remake it, and like you don't even have to do the full scale resid An Evil style thing. Just do we do it with Snake Eater here, Just make it modernized, because even as the Middle Year fan I am, I don't want them to do their own new one.
Speaker 3: That story is done, done, done. Even by the end of Kajema's time there, I was like, do we really need to fill in this gap of Big Boss' history in the seventies when, like you know, we've already seen the character arc that leads to him becoming a villain and Snake's story is fully complete and everyone involved is their story ended. Middle Year Solid four I don't need anything before or after or in between that story meddle Year Solid is a complete story for me already.
Speaker 2: Yes, Mary, your hand is up.
Speaker 4: If the Metal Gear story is very focused, Resident Evil can have new characters and a new environment and keep going. Could Metal gear do that with a different character and be like, no, it's the same concept and it's the same universe, but it will be a different characters story record.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have Claire Ashcroft going back to Raccoon City, new character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's I don't want that. I mean, you could do that. I mean, it is a crazy world that they've created, you know, but it was the characters. Like the world itself was just the world, you know, with the US and Russia and China and you know, it's like, but the thing that made it special was Snake and all the different Snakes and all those characters, so like, and all those characters had arcs that finished, so like, you know, you had Riding's story continue with Revengeance.
Speaker 3: That wasn't a Kajima directed game, and that was a cool little bonus thing, but I don't need more of that. Just them try their own thing and not so like they did Melt Your Survive after the Kajima divorce and that was a totally different story and it just it was bad.
Speaker 4: But could you I mean, and I'm just going to continue to compare it to Resident Evil, but like Resident Evil had a bad game in another universe, and then they tried again, and then they made a good game in like the Resident Evil Space with new characters. So like maybe that was just a bad game for Metal Gear, but like I just did do a good game with new characters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if it was new characters at this point, like I don't think there's anything specific about the Metal Gear universe that would like, why wouldn't you just make a new you know, action series with sci fi elements that because.
Speaker 5: Metal Gears name is valuable.
Speaker 2: Well, right, so if you're just Kinamy, you just want to make money, sure, But like okay.
Speaker 4: In this world where Konami wants to make.
Speaker 2: Money the game, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, we've always known Konami to do things just because it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: South of the Earth, they're the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I I don't doubt that they could do that. If it was just a purely you know, capitalist cash grab situation, sure I could see them doing it. I I would imagine most Meddle year fans are probably in my uh camp on that where it's like Kajima is doing his own thing, you know, Meddle of your fans are very interested in what Kajima is doing over here with you know, desk stranding obviously and then O D and Physent and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean Middle Year.
Speaker 3: Is such a it is a Kajima like obviously there's a whole team and most of that team has moved over to Kaduma Productions. But Meddle Year withou Kajima, I don't I don't think a lot of people are clamoring for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see what you're saying, Like you could write it.
Speaker 2: I would, I'd write a new Medal Year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the audience would accept us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, it's I I think the Kadema fans are getting enough Kajima as it is just in Meddle Year fans. Just give us some more remix, that'd be great. Okay, give us a new Master collection. I just play four on modern console. Things like that like that serious.
Speaker 4: I won't belabor it. I don't need more. I don't give a shit. I was just curious of like if we thought that there was still something to be squeezed out of that IP, which is so beloved and appreciated.
Speaker 2: But you know, I think I.
Speaker 3: Think deast randing scratches that itch, especially to you know, feeling a little more, a little closer to like meddle year style gameplay.
Speaker 2: I think dest ranting scratch in that ge. Okay, yep, but yeah both it's very good you both have played. Is the seat taken?
Speaker 4: This is a cute one I sent. I think this came from Wholesome Games, which is like a new They're not that new, but I think they've been around in recent years.
Speaker 5: Is like a sweet little.
Speaker 4: Pub that like kind of highlights games that are very cozy, very wholesome, family friendly, et cetera. And we got a couple of games from that new announcement and release.
Speaker 5: And this seat what is this seat taken?
Speaker 4: Is from that very simple The concept is you are moving people around a bus or a movie theater or nightclub.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and people have different wants.
Speaker 4: Some people, for example, in the bus, some people are like, I want to sit next to a window. I want to sit facing the direction of the bus. I want to talk to my best friend Lippy.
Speaker 2: I want to sit next to my mom. And I don't like stinky people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't shower, and I like to play music that's loud, and so I like to.
Speaker 2: Sleep on the bus. And yeah, I want to be by someone that's playing loud music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so you're just sorting little people. They look like little triangles and circles. This is very graphically.
Speaker 5: Quaint.
Speaker 3: It is simple, but I think it works like that art style because like you know, when you place everyone and it doesn't give you the thumbs up like oh you finished the level, you can tell at a glance like okay, who's not happy? And you'll just see somebody and like they are such simple faces and just like eyes and mouth, you'll see what person's like ah, and you hover over them, they're like I can't sleep, and you're like fu shit. The person next to them is playing loud music or something. So it's like very easy to read at a glance.
Speaker 1: It's like a wedding seating chart on the Steam screenshot where one of the person people is looking at the other people at the table being like gold diggers in an angry way, hats blocking their view.
Speaker 2: In the movie theater, that's a funny one.
Speaker 4: In the movie theater example, coffee, some of the seats have popcorn on them, and there'll be people who like, I won't sit in a messy seat, and so you can't sit them there and so you have to be Logic is a puzzle game. You're just sitting people in places where they're happy. But the big hats are funny. There are some people who wear are like I'm wearing my big hat and she's like, well yeah, and I want to sit in the front row and it's like you bitch, and so you have.
Speaker 3: To I want to steal popcorn? Yeah, and put you next to someone that has popcorn that I can steal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What are their voices? Remind me of that language? It's not simlish. There's another game where they speak just I was just watching a video on Steam. It's like they speak exactly like that, but I don't like y't animal crossing?
Speaker 2: Is it? Animal crossing? Personality is great, It's totally there's logic puzzle things. If you ever did those logic puzzles where it's like, okay, well this person won't sit next. I mean it's just straight up one of those, but with a cut c kind of aesthetic and very easy to just play with the mouse. I think it would work great on like an iPad or something, just dragging them around with your finger, dropping them into place.
Speaker 4: Ideal Steam det game or uh switch for sure you can.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 4: This is what I call those like couch cozy games where you could watch something on TV and play this simultaneously, and you could you could actually manage both. You could watch the show and you could casually move people around. I do think the audio is cute, but you don't need it to play this, so you could you could watch TV with it. I played this on my front porch after like long days of work where I was exhausted, not mentally interested in playing a big old game, you know, or I'd have to be thinking and doing a lot of stuff. This is just moving little duders around to the seats that make them happy.
Speaker 3: With no timers, no pressure. It's just a thing where it's like, yeah, you talk about a background thing like you're watching something on TV. It's just like you don't have to pause and worry about timing or like, you know, you can just take your time with it and just like, oh they're not happy, all right, let me take time to look around and see what they need it.
Speaker 2: It's really cool. I like it a lot.
Speaker 4: I think it's a quintessential cozy game. Like this is exactly what we talk about when we talk about like a game that is just comfort. It is a comfort food to play this video game. I do think it's well done. I think it accomplishes what it's set out to do. It never gets too complex or too intense or anything. So this is not a challenging game. But I will say I have gotten one time I got stuck on a level for like ten minutes where I was like, I cannot make all these people freaking happy, and eventually I figured it out. But like this is this is a simple game that I think can bring joy or like comfort if you are feeling it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say it's like a notch or two above something like Unpacking in terms of complexity, where it's like, you know, Unpacking, you're just going to play some stuff everywhere and it's just purely like kind of visual and moving stuff around. Occasionally there's a little bit of logic.
Speaker 3: This is that similar thing of like okay, I'm putting all these things into a space, but there is a little bit more complexity of like, okay, I do need to figure out there are criteria for each one of these things instead of just do I have wall space, you know.
Speaker 5: And there's like some story.
Speaker 4: But I found that I just kept skipping it because I don't give it. I don't get about like these people who like want to be in a movie or something like that. There's like some kind of story arc between characters that is of no value to me.
Speaker 2: I just want to put these little hexagons with eyes into a movie theater.
Speaker 4: See me put the circle in the seat. He's crying, he wants his mom, and I'm gonna put him there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also nice endorphin rush.
Speaker 4: When you do get everybody where they want to be, you hit like accept and little thumbs up up here near every person that got what they wanted. And I think it gives you like a really nice, like great job. You're a fucking genius, you know. It makes you feel good at each level and then you move on.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I thought it was quite quite simple, but quite cute.
Speaker 2: Yep, Yeah, great, great game on the go. Bring it on a plane or something like that. Yeah, I think I'm going to play that on the flight.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. Do either of speaking of flight games, do either of you have much affection for the tower defense subgenre.
Speaker 2: I have had times where it's like, yeah, an exceptional one of those I can really get into, but it's you know kind of few and far between, but yeah, I'm open to airs.
Speaker 4: I love a.
Speaker 5: Tower defense if it's not too complicated.
Speaker 4: Most sometimes if it's like you know, there's like four different alien species that are coming after you, you have like something unique for each other, I'm like, come on, just like what do you want me to do? But like, tell me about your tower defense because I do like a tower defense.
Speaker 1: So how would you feel if I told you this was had roguelike elements where you're not. It's not only randomizing the terrain tiles you get so you can dictate the path to your base that it's going through, and those are randomized. You can reroll. There's currency to reroll. There's different towers that also get served to you, different upgrades perks. Towered Dominion. I found it on Steam. It's served up. I will say, the SEO or whatever you want to say, is not great because if you search tower defense, this does not pop up high on the list for me. So it just got served to me because Plants Versus Zombies has those games coming out in the fall, so it's like, oh, okay, maybe I'll check out some tower defense because I really like those games. Towered dominion looks not great.
Speaker 2: It is not the most logo is the most app store looking. It looks like shovel wear.
Speaker 1: And also when you get into the game, the characters look terrible. Yeah, actually a very very.
Speaker 4: Hideous but audibly A nightmare plays like dog shit.
Speaker 1: No plays extremely well. It's like the Latro and Plants versus Zombies had a baby. Because oh, you've got three different factions, and then each of those factions like commandic Conquer generals, have their own generals within them that have different perks. You're getting tiles every three rounds, I think it is to place on the map. They will have different elevations, they will have different pathways. You're also getting served after each wave is dead. The three possible tower and or perk combinations, so you're getting towers that are basically your cards to play. Some of them are like artillery towers. Some of them are sniper roosts. Some of them are just like bunkers with machine guns. You can also pick from a bunch of perks throughout that will amp up. Oh, this L shaped bunker. There's also like a tetris thing where you're trying to fit them around certain bends in the path, you'll get an upgrade, say like, oh, the Imperial bunkers will instead of one machine gun that faces this way, there'll be many small guns that do more spread out damage. And then you can combine that with a card that anytime you place two Imperial bunkers next to each other, that will amplify both their damages by fifty percent. For instance, certain generals will be like, oh, with the sniper roost towers, if you any building from here on out next to a sniper roos tower will do plus twenty percent damage, So that general you're really prioritizing that if you find a sniper tower card you're playing those, you can upgrade the base itself to have turrets all over it. You can there's certain towers that take out camouflaged enemies. Whereas other people cannot see technically see those camouflaged enemies. Your base is also sending out this swarm of soldiers to go fight on foot in the pathway. Certain generals, you buff those soldiers to have more health, sniper rifles, swords, machetes, et cetera. I'm like pretty hooked on this game. It reminds me. Sorry, go ahead, Dan.
Speaker 3: Oh no I was just gonna say, I just downloaded it while you were talking about it, because I am realizing that, like, boy, I do really like a good one of these, and oh god, they don't get surfaced to me, and like I'm just picturing myself on a plane just getting lost in one of these and describing it sounds great.
Speaker 1: It nails that balance between there's enough complexity where if you really want to like dive into it, you can minmax some towers and go bilatro and like really try to make your faction overpowered. But it's also simple enough where it's just satisfying to see the towers you play start melting these enemies. Yes, it's very satisfying.
Speaker 3: To this genre of feeling where it's like you kind of hit the right. Yeah, it's like yeah, okay, wave seven. Yeah, come on, fucker, let's see how you do with this. Yeah that's a good feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's and again you could it's not afraid to let you break it where it's like, oh, okay, I have six mini bunkers in like a square formation. I also have a perk called tightly packed, where if I have a group of four buildings or any building with four other buildings adjacent to it gets plus one hundred percent damage or something, so then you upgrade that tower to have four snipers in it. And they're also doing like rail gun damage. And this is not all A lot of these are like I'm forgetting the details, but that's basically the flow of a game. I also say it's not overly difficult. On the easiest difficulty either are five you do twenty five waves. Every few waves, there's like a boss wave where like, oh, this enemy could come up from underground anywhere on your path. Also, I will say the path they are not allowed to let you or they are not afraid to let you like break it because you get Tetris tiles basically with the pathway, and you can reroll those with recon, which is a separate currency from the regular supplies. But you can make the path so unfair to the end the bugs. It's basically like bugs from Hell divers too. You can make the path so unfair the AI like cannot go if there is a fork in the road, but you can easily create if the RNG works in your favor, they will split up, so you can make them kind of loop back on themselves for all intents and purposes back into where they came from, giving the rest of your towers all that much more time to destroy them. And to be clear, there are some crazy towers here. There are like giant howitzers that only shoot in a straight line. When you're placing towers, I should say, it shows you it's like vision cone. The square tiles that it can shoot at. You could place them at higher elevation, which again roguelike. You get tiles with different hills on them, and if you put a sniper tower on the top of a hill, it will show you yellow squares that it's getting extra ones from being higher elevation. You can also spend basically dirt cheap money on platforms to raise manually raise the terrain because some of these like will not fit on like hills, Like the howitzer needs three level squares and it will only shoot in one straight line. But if you build your map correctly, you could put it next to your base and it will just shred anything on that straight line. I don't even truly, I didn't even look into I believe it's a Spanish developer. I need to double check that because a lot of the towers have like a Spanish name like mirodor.
Speaker 2: It is the yes right go.
Speaker 4: You said that it was rogue light, Like are you saying that you can die perme and like you're done like yours.
Speaker 1: It's a rogue light. So your boss, your base has like two thousand health to start. If the end enough enemies basically just body slam your base. You start over, uh from scratch, and then at that point you start over with just your base tile the first tile you're you're building a new completely new pathway and getting new towers, and you can pick a new general with different perks, like one will have anything adjacent to the base amplifies the base's damage times ten percent whatever. But it's a rogue light. So you're unlocking I'm pretty consistently unlocking new generals to try out of the three factions. I want to say, there's like thirty generals, if not more.
Speaker 2: New.
Speaker 1: You're unlocking new upgrades for existing powerful towers, so it's like, oh, I just unlocked an upgrade from my sniper Roosts or whatever that can hit camouflage now it can also do X or Y. You're also unlocking new perks like I just got like similar to balattro. You're kind of getting new jokers quote unquote where it's like, oh shit, I never really use that tower, but that says the explosion radius will go up five percent each wave. Now I'm going to use a lot of those now, because that would be awesome for the commander whose base buffs allow towers near the base. So with their range combined with the base buff, they're going to do a lot of damage.
Speaker 2: So I don't even remember, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy that Steam served this up to me when I just like clicked on the store page, because yeah, not a good looking game at all, but really nuanced and in depth. Like I think about this game when I'm not playing it, perfect balance between It's so satisfying in that round twenty five or fifty or whatever it is to watch all these bosses come and like you set up this one kill zone at an intersection with a bunch of overlapping turrets and they walk in and just their health bars.
Speaker 2: Like boom, boom boom.
Speaker 1: It's it's really good.
Speaker 3: I like, have you quite a on Steam deck or no? I just that's like mouse and keyboard would probably be.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I could see it being I actually don't even I don't even see if it are you on the store page, does it say like steam Deck recommended or anything.
Speaker 2: Because it's verified.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could see it being like a good touch screen game, but it's not an overly complex UI in a good way like they They simplify it just enough without simplifying the complexity of the gameplay. But I could see it being great on steam Deck, and I hope it's good on Steam because absolutely this would be an amazing playing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're getting me, like I haven't. I've tried to think.
Speaker 3: The last one I got really into and I forgot the name of it until now. It's Kingdom Rush was one that likey like twenty eleven or so, and I remember, like, all right, that was on like iOS. I remember playing that on I like I almost never played mobile games, and I remember thinking like that on like iPad was super super good, And a lot of what you're describing is like, oh fuck, yeah, I really can get into.
Speaker 1: These, and the tower Defense yeah, oh it's I will also say I play a lot of Tower Defense is one of my favorite like sub sub genres or I don't even know what you call it. Uh, it's it's one of my favorites. Like, if you're looking at the simple end, you've got balloons like six, which is on iOS, which, to be clear, I still like those games too. Then you've got the really complex ones, and like Oculus had that one. I forget what it was called, but that got really complex. This is somewhere it's leaning complex, but it really because of the roguelike elements. It's so easy to jump in and out of, and because you're getting served three cards you have to pick from, it never gets overwhelming like it feels I mentioned Blattro because of the cards they're serving you. It's like part of you is making a plan with the deck you're building, but another part of you is also reacting to what the game is giving you. So it's a really nice middle ground. Yeah, it's I think it's seven too on Steam right now, by the way. Oh nice, Like, and it's well worth that seventeen dollars in my opinion. I've already I've played like twelve hours and I already feel like I got that money's worth, and I plan on playing at least another twelve I'm in.
Speaker 3: This sounds awesome, you know, what This sounds like one that'd be really good for switch with the mouse controls, you know, like games that could actually utilize the mouse controlled stuff. O. Yeah, this sounds like something like that.
Speaker 1: But for sure, like I'm looking at let Me Tired Dominion. Yeah, like it looks like almost like so it's funny. The logo looks like it reminds me of the Advanced Wars remakes. Then you go into the game. Yeah, and each faction has Again there's three different factions with different generals, and each of them have I've beaten twenty five rounds with six of them. But I believe look at the achievements. I don't know, it's just I like the game quite a bit. The reviews of people who played it doesn't have a ton but like very positive reviews. Came out in May seventh. I believe it might have been an early access before that.
Speaker 2: Boy, these characters look like shit, Oh they're so bad.
Speaker 4: Do you know the difference between a girl commander and a boy commander because it's two big reason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, and everyone looks like a funk opop.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, very bad looking game, I will say once you're in it in the act is happening. I it's weirdly kind of nice because it never gets crazy disorienting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's read.
Speaker 3: The gameplay puttage and that looks like I'm fine with that, Like that needs to be readable.
Speaker 2: That that's okay. But then every time a character comes in, it's like, so, if.
Speaker 1: You're on this team page, there's a screenshot. If you're not, don't worry. But third from the right screenshot it shows the codex that shows you the different heroes you can unlock, the different doctrines, which are just perks you can It's like Vampire Survivor where you're kind of like sort of unlocking everything. It's similar to Vampire Survivors. I always feel like I have an unlocked to work toward. Yeah, so that's that challenge screen has been awesome too. The biggest golf between how a game looks and how it plays. In a while, I can't remember the last time I'm like putting up with such bad art direction because the gameplay is so good. Right, Yeah, Okay, if you're interested all in those kind of games, check it out. Like I said, seventeen, I think of seventeen or eighteen, something like that. Seventeen ninety nine, well.
Speaker 2: Worth the mind.
Speaker 1: I will report back on Steam deck capability after LA because if I could play this on a flight, this will absolutely melt the hours away. Oh hell yeah, what else are you guys playing?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 2: Or? No?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Mary? Wait?
Speaker 2: Is this Peak?
Speaker 1: There's another new update since the Cannibalism update.
Speaker 4: Yes, there has been new levels added to Peak. So I've already talked a lot about Peak and why I like it, But the new level is uh a, it's to help mix it up because the levels have always been You're at the base camp, which is like a island, and then you're in the jungle, and then you were in a winter tundra and you had to keep warm, and then it was the final level, which was like lava. The new one replaces the winter level. So the third area with sand like yeah, a desert, and it has so much more weird stuff that you can interact with. It has what are those things that tumbleweeds? It has tumble weeds and tornadoes that are in the sand dunes, and it even has these like dips in the sand dunes, and there's monsters in there and they'll try and lure you with presents or items and then like monsters will come out. It's very good. They've added lots of new things to mix it up and have it be much more fun to just alter. Oh, they also gave new items, and the new items are so wacky. One of them is a cannon, and so you could put people in a cannon and shoot them to the next area, which is so funny. It's really hard to like aim, so you might just shoot them off the cliff. And I think they've really done it this time. Like the new items are hilarious. They add for so much more dynamic gameplay where you're just like, I don't know how to get to this next area. I guess we'll all just shoot each other out of this cannon. I think it's a brilliant update. And they continue to impress me with like the way that they they bring me back.
Speaker 3: I like how they are also playing into like this surprise, like, god damn it, we made this another Crabs treasure game that's like a full on like souls like type thing, and now this they're they are playing it up like, oh, we made this stupid little joke thing on the side, and it's like super outselling everything. Well because little joke thing was actually a really fucking good game. It is like, you know, for the friend slop term and everything, it's one of the better ones out there. And uh, I love the idea of them continuing to add to and everything because I would love any chance to go back in there. They I want them to add a private friend code type stuff because like last night I edit a stream and I was like, oh shit, I would love to let me hop in the peak. I'll put on the mod that lets me, you know, uncap the player count. Yeah, but it was like you have to be Steam friends with everyone, So it's like, I'm not that I love. Maybe that's a specific use case for you know, people like that's that stuff, But yeah, I love to be able to bring in seven people from the chat and have them have prox chat on stuff like that and let's just see what happens, you know.
Speaker 4: But I think that would be a good update. And I don't think it's like you can tell that they're developing this as they do it. I don't think it's perfect either. I think the algorithm, because they're procedurally generated levels. They had one where like the easiest way to get to the new area was a rope and the rope ended at a lava fall. It's just like, Okay, well I can't do that, and how does a how does a vine get constructed into a lava rope? Anyway, Like, obviously they just haven't refined it, and they even are cheeky about it their Twitter account. One time, the fire, which is what you need to light to get to the next level, was on top of a tree that you could not get to and so it was just broken, right, and they were like, Haha, should I fix this or not? Like they're cheeky about it. But I have to say, like, because this game is so popular, it's also a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: You know, they should be.
Speaker 4: Making it so that it's functional and you can actually get through this experience without too much pain. I really again like chop this up to there's a lot of potential right now in the industry for making co op experiences where you're essentially like climbing more to or with other people, and there's just not a lot out there, and so this scratches that itch for people. It needs work. It's not there yet. But what the bones of what they have here are so fun and I'm even I'm like gonna play this again tonight with people like I'm I'm doing it again where I'm like scheduling time to be like, who wants to play.
Speaker 5: This crap with me? Because it's funny and it makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's sticking around for a bit.
Speaker 3: I wonder if this will have more legs than a lot of the because you know, there are a lot of them that kind of blew up for a little bit. You know, you're lethal companies and repo and stuff like that, which I love these games, yeah, but I do feel like at a certain point you just kind of stop hearing about them, like pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, through updates and things like that, if they will have longer legs with this.
Speaker 4: This update helps a lot because the Tundra isn't very exciting. It's just like, don't freeze to death and keep moving, whereas this new one in the desert has two different distinct areas. One is getting across the desert and there's all sorts of you know, these tornadoes. Oh.
Speaker 5: Also you can get a sunburn, which is.
Speaker 4: A funny little update, so like the sun will light you on fire. But they have a new item which is sunscreen and you spray it and walk into it to have sunscreen on your skin, and they give you parasols as well, So when I walk into the sun, I just put on my little umbrella and walk around through the sun and not burn. I think it's funny, like they've added enough gameplay where it's like, oh, it feels fresh, it feels nice, but you would have to do that again in a couple months, not even like in a month or two. I'm gonna want like some fresh items or some new ways to play this, or it just gets a little exhausting. The last thing I just want to say, because it's never happened to me before, is for the first time, I've never seen an enemy in this game. There's no like NPC that attacks you. That's it's mostly like lava or like falling to your dad. Yeah, for the first time ever. When playing this game, one of the people I was playing with started screaming bloody murder and so they were being chased by a giant skeleton. I did get a screenshot of it, but I was alive, so I couldn't see there what they were seeing. And apparently if you when you first land, it keeps telling you don't leave people behind. Stay together. It's a punishment if one of you goes off ahead and leaves other people behind. This guy can like come out and try and kill you, which is nuts.
Speaker 5: And I haven't seen him yet.
Speaker 4: But I heard my friend scream bloody murder when they saw him, and it sounds freaky that that could even happen. So I'm hoping they'll add more stuff like that where it's like I'm being hunted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still if you have to play this game, it sounds rad though it's very it's very hard.
Speaker 2: I love to play with you guys.
Speaker 4: I think we should schedule it. I think it's it's really worth it, and I've really enjoyed it. But it's hard even getting through the first area because again there's four areas of the first area.
Speaker 5: I die all the time just in the first area.
Speaker 3: Because it's pretty deep into The third is the farthest I've gotten. Don't think i've gotten to the fourth yet.
Speaker 4: The fourth is also misleading because once you get to the fourth there's a fire and I was like, did we do it? Did we beat the game? And then there was like another area that goes up, but it didn't feel like it.
Speaker 5: Was it felt like it was the same area.
Speaker 4: So maybe there are five levels, but essentially like there's like a lava area and then you have to climb up in the same volcano, so it's like it's two essentially, So gotch. Anyway, I've gotten really far, but I have not beaten it. I've gotten so high in the final climbing the volcano area, and I just I usually run out of freakin' items. You need to save your items because climbing is hard. Climbing, climbing is hard. Anyway, that's peak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good one, Dan, Let's drag X drive. You know, like Nintendo will put out like, hey, we're gonna make several of the best games of all time on a fairly you know, frequent basis. Also, they are a weird fucking company that will occasionally put out a first party game that literally no one wants or likes.
Speaker 2: That might be hyperbolic, because I think like grub was kind of having some fun with it. So it's it's not it's not an objectively terrible game. It is one. It's the wheelchair basketball game. Have you seen this about? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're in like a wheel you're like robot wheelchair people, and you take the joy cons out and you got to play with both in mouse mode and you're rubbing it against your thighs to like simulate doing an actual like wheelchair situation. You can also do it on like your desk if you're at a big mouse pat or something like that. So it is yeah to turn it's you know, one forward, one back. You know, it's a you know, you got brakes on it, and it's a three on three basketball game ostensibly, but it was me Greb and Minati did it on a stream, and it seems like we spent a long time trying to figure this out. It seems like there is no way to just like, hey, Mike and Marry, you want to play some three on three Drag x drive with people, like you can get in the same room with each other. But then it just kind of randomly like there's like a pool of twelve people and it's like, all right, Mike and Marry, you're on this guy's team and I'm here with two balls.
Speaker 2: It's insane, like they unaccepted stuff that's unaccepted Splatoon.
Speaker 3: They've shown they can do it with some stuff, but this one it's baffling, and like even when it works, if you're just playing the game, it's an instantly For me, it was a instantly off putting control scheme of just like my arms are getting tired, my forums are like just to move, you just have to constantly be fucking rubbing these things against your thighs. And to shoot you just kind of like just do that motion with your arm, and it's I love arcade sports games. I want more NBA jams and NBA streets and all that stuff, And I like gimmicks. I like motion gimmicks. This is not it. This is it's bland looking. Everyone is just kind of the same, bland looking like grayish robot. And you can do a little bit of customization, but you still be like a generic robot guy.
Speaker 4: When you do like sports games. I love Rocket League is the quintessential one of like you get hats and you get skins, and you could have unique tires, like in this game, can you have a unique tire? Can I have a different tire than you do? Because tires are obviously important.
Speaker 3: In this there's customization, like there are some like textures and stuff you can put on your little hats and suits and you can put whatever number you went on the back, but like not in.
Speaker 2: Like you know, Rocket League at this point. Obviously Rocket Leagues went around for like over a decades but sore.
Speaker 4: But even when it first came out, you could have real fun little hats and stuff to make yourself feel and look special.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's insane too. Is this is a game you have to buy? And right now, you know Rocket League is on everything, it is free.
Speaker 4: It is the game you have to buy. Negative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's I can't say I enjoyed any part of this, Like so many things should be like oh, it's got many games in between Round and it's First Party Nintendo and it's Arcade Basketball, all this stuff that sounds like it should be for me and the boy.
Speaker 2: It's it's not fun to play, It.
Speaker 4: Has no personality. It just feels like a missed opportunity too. Or maybe it just should never have been an opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe they just wanted to like a game that fully showed off the like you know, look, look you can use your joy cons like mice or weird you know, wheelchair stuff or whatever, and like, okay, then put it as a tech demo. Put it in Nintendo Switch Tour or something as a mini game, like, don't put this as a retail release, and then if you do, hey, maybe make it so you can party up with your friends and just like play games against people.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a non starter. Not being able to play with your friends is like, what the what have you made?
Speaker 2: And maybe there is a way, maybe we'll get some EMAI. Oh you actually have to do this. It's like, okay, well, we had three people who spent their entire lives playing video games, most of that time professionally, and we are on stream desperately trying to figure out how to play a game on the same team, and we were not able to figure it out. And no one in the chat was like this is how it?
Speaker 3: Like, we asked the chat at one point, are there three people in the chat that want to play? No one had the game, No one's playing it. It's a game that is online.
Speaker 4: But I am buying this nice How much is it?
Speaker 5: I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: I think it's like twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: It's not expensive, but it's like I think this is going to be a debt on the vine.
Speaker 4: Thing like this, like Tower Defense was seventeen dollars and that's like, actually good.
Speaker 2: You know, there's much better stuff you could get for twenty dollars. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like at first, I was like, oh, is this going to be the arms of the switch To Like I think Bank mentioned that too. It's like, oh, is this the arms like kind of the gimmick emotion Joycoon game of the switch To launch window, And it's like, no, I'm not an arms defender. I don't like arms. There's more going on arms than there is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like arms, I don't like knees.
Speaker 2: Arms sucks the team up. Mary.
Speaker 1: Just like shins, by any chance.
Speaker 4: I love them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry you fuckinger.
Speaker 4: My favorite part of the body shins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just I see you stroking a shin here and there. But Dan, why are you replaying Breath of the Wild? Aside from the fact that it's the best game ever made?
Speaker 2: It is the best game ever made? And you know, I was.
Speaker 3: They had the switch to edition that came out, and it was like, well, I love time to kind of really play it, like you know, I at Switch two's launch, I was like, yeah, that does run a lot better, but I wanted to actually like go back to it because I never went back to it past the first time, and then even after a few years, like, well, here's the Kingdom's coming up, I'm not going to play it so close to that. And now they're on the other side of all that, and there is this new update, and there was like a little bit of a gap between, you know, I finished like Expedition and Destranding and Donkey Kong and stuff. It's like, I think I got a couple of weeks here, let's go back in and I'm not gonna try one hundred percent or anything.
Speaker 2: And so I've been playing it. I've got two of the Divine Beasts.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm you know, a good chunk of the way and I'll tellim about halfway through the game now, And goddamn if it isn't a lot better to go back to than I expected, because in my mind, it's like I didn't think it would be like obviously you can't replicate the first time of like not knowing like, oh, can they pull off the open world Skyrimselda whatever?
Speaker 4: You know, what's that dragon in the sky? Yeah, yeah, like the.
Speaker 3: Moments, You'll never be able to replicate those, And so I thought I was gonna be like all right, I'm just gonna go back and be like, yep, I remember this, Yep, I remember this, But it's a big high rule and there's a lot of little things and a little vignettes and characters and moments and stuff that like, of course remember yeah, the one hundred and twenty shrines, the dragon moment, the four Divine Beasts, the Lost Wood stuff, those big things I definitely remember, but there are a lot of like just little elements of that game and just little joys to be found in every corner of it that I'm like, oh, this is actually way better to return to than I expected. And it does look much much better, Like it's fantastic, like the new frame rate, some new visual details and stuff like water looks a lot better, things like that, And this playing of it is what cemented for me that I do think I prefer this over Tiers the Kingdom because there were times when I was playing Tears the Kingdom where I was like, I don't know why, you know, like, you know, it's not going to have the surprise factor Breath the Whild, but if somebody was going in for the first time, now, Tiers the Kingdom is everything. Breath the Wild was and more. That's what I thought when I was playing Tears the Kingdom. Now that I've gone back to Breath the Wild, I am appreciating that. Like Tiers the Kingdom lets you do a lot of stuff, and a lot of it's really cool, like being able to like build all that stuff, and you know people make crazy contraptions like and the breadth of like you know, the whole caverns and the sky.
Speaker 2: It's bigger and more.
Speaker 3: And I do think the core abilities are more interesting in Tiers the Kingdom, but playing Breath of the Wild, it is just kind of a more focused experience here.
Speaker 4: Isn't always better, isn't it? You know, like I don't really like being underground in Tiers of the Kingdom. I don't want to go down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the amount of times like Okay, I'm fusing this stuff together, or I have to like, you know, adjust this rocket to be pointing this way for this thing I gotta attach to this wheel, and like there's just a lot of stopping and scrolling through a big list of items to attach the right thing to the right thing, And like it's cool.
Speaker 3: I think all that stuff is awesome. And Tiers of the Kingdom is one of the best games of all time. But being able to play Breath the Wild now and just be like, I'm kind of just like I see that tower on the distance, I'm gonna go climb it. And I get on top of that, I'm like, look at all these shrines.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go over there, and it's it's just more focused. I'm not spending a lot of time in menus, I'm not fiddling around with rotating you know, the whatever zone eye pieces and stuff like that. It's it's it's much better than I expected to be to return to, so very very much enjoying the switch to edition.
Speaker 2: I've bread the way. Yeah, I take my own path too.
Speaker 3: That's such an open game that it's like I remember how I went the first time, and I just kind of start going off in random directions here and I find myself just encountering things in a totally different order, a whole different path, and I don't have to force it. That game is just so good at just like what's that, I'll go that way? What's that all got there? Oh, I'm trying to get this thing or this upgrade. I'll go do this for a little bit like, Yeah, it feels like a different path through the game than I did the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was wondering if by the time I finally go back, I would just actually prefer Breath of the Wild. It just always felt more focused, and I feel like it's more a focus on pure exploration survival, whereas Tears of the Kingdom definitely explodes that with two more layers to the world and the engineering aspect of it, which is super cool. I agree, But yeah, I want to replay it. Maybe that's like the thing I'll do after Donkey Kong when I get the switch too.
Speaker 2: It's really good, it's really really fun. I would recommend it.
Speaker 4: I think it's also like a good reflection you saying, like, listen, I don't need all the bells and whistles of Tears the Kingdom.
Speaker 5: And I liked the more focused. I like that word focused.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't think you always need everything in the kitchen sink and games, and that has been a conversation that we've had in gaming a lot of Like recently, I think there was like this controversy that you couldn't swim in the new like Mafia game, and it's like, why do you need it?
Speaker 2: It's nice going to make it a better game?
Speaker 4: Is that is that important to the story or it's like what's going on? And I think there's these natural reactions we have where it's like you're in water but you can't even swim, and it's like, but focusing the player into like knowing what their purpose is in the space and have intentionality in the gameplay is very important. And like there's a reason that Breath of the Wild is the is the Goat, And I think it's because it knew what it was trying to do. It didn't have everything, but it didn't need it. It had exactly what it wanted to be.
Speaker 1: The weapons break way too easily, though.
Speaker 3: It's you know, I will say again, you know you kind of bounce around like you know forever I said Linked the Past my favorite game of all time, and then it was Breath the Wild, and you know, like playing this again, it's like, yeah, I do think I can say definitively, I think this is the best game I ever made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already play it.
Speaker 4: Dan, you I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: Dan, you played a game that you don't need to summon for.
Speaker 4: Me because it's for me because I asked Dan to play this game, and if you aren't such a fucking obnoxious one, something.
Speaker 1: Take it over from me. Sometimes when I'm right here, ready to go, and I won't have it.
Speaker 2: This is my Yeah, we can put them from the call Mary.
Speaker 4: Anybody who says King is no King.
Speaker 1: Boy no sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Last episode, I talked about a game that I really liked called Time Flies, and I heard you play it, so I'm really curious what you thought about it.
Speaker 2: I love it. I you know, I I don't know how many like areas there are because like you know, you start out and it's like here's the checklist for this area of like the kitchen and the upstairs and stuff, and I got to the next area, So I'm not sure how many of those, like I hear, it's not a super long game, so there's like twenty different those, but.
Speaker 3: Like it is very fun where it's like okay, you are in the new area and it's I'm just gonna fly around.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're not going to beat it.
Speaker 3: You're not going to like do all the things on the checklist on your bucket list in one life. So it's just kind of that exploratory few lives at the beginning where it's like, oh, I can play the good are Oh I can fly inside this lamp. Oh I can do this thing, I can hop on these ants back and get a thing for that I record play like and then as you learn more and more you start to piece together like, okay, so now I know the things I got to do. Now what is the path? What order do I do these things in? And it's just one of those fun games. It's almost like a warrior word type thing of just like you'll just die in a funny way, or something pops up and it's unexpected and you're like, oh, okay, I didn't see that coming, and then you know for the next time. I love the look of it. It's just so simple. It's you know, there are parts where it kind of zooms in you can actually see the fly, and then there are the wider ones where you're literally just controlling this black dot buzzing around. It's funny, it's incredibly simple. It's a game that you just play with just an analog stick. The idea of just having to beat these levels in one run. Basically, it reminds you of like a Tony Hawk level where it's like I'm gonna try to do every one of these objectives in one two minute run. It's kind of like that. But yeah, it's got a lot of personality. It's it's got a fun gimmick that I haven't really seen other games use quite like the is.
Speaker 2: I think it's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there's like a couple of moments where you kind of laugh out loud and you go, I see what you're doing here. It does have some weird stuff where like sometimes you'll be like that was like oddly perverted or like strange.
Speaker 2: Have you been across any of that? I'm a foot to make them laugh, And yeah, there's a.
Speaker 4: Couple of weird ones where like, uh, especially in the later levels, there's like, I think one I'm not I don't think it's a big spoiler where you like are essentially going into someone's butt and a flower grows out of the butt and I was like who made this puzzle? Because this is so weird and like strange. But I didn't like it never, it never like bothered me too much, but I was always like, what the heck making these little butt flowers and farts and stuff like that? It's got some cheeky moments to it.
Speaker 1: Hemorrhoids. But maybe you should host and then I'll come in with those really funny bits. You actually going keep going, no.
Speaker 2: Good stuff though, I definitely enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Mike, Yeah yeah, I see what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Mary go yeah, Mary, what's a make room all about? It? Better be sick after this.
Speaker 5: I just like telling you what to do.
Speaker 4: Make Room is a other cozy game, uh djure where it's like it's I think it's also very unpacking. It might be even more unpacking where you are constructing rooms based on what people want. So you'll go to a town and this person will be like, I would like a new gaming room. My desk is too small, I want to monitors on my setup, and I want like a nicer gaming chair. And so you go through the repertoire of like the items and you design a space for them. So it's a design it's a space design game. Other rooms I do like, there's different environments. So you can make a tiny what are those called, like like.
Speaker 5: Like those like camping.
Speaker 4: Time fans trailer, Yeah, like a tiny trailer, and so you have to make a space in this tiny trailer and that's fine for me. It's like very calming. I think it's a little limited. There's really not that many items. For example, in the gaming room, there was like three different types of monitors, and I understand, like those are assets, but it's just like, my gaming room is going to look extremely similar to your gaming room because there's just not enough variety. The other thing that bothered me about it is that it's visual based. There's no text, and this game can correct me if I'm wrong, but I sometimes it would be like we need an easel, and I would be like, okay, I'm making an art room, right, find the easel, and I'm going through all the categories and I'm like, where would the easel be?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like where, well, category is easel in? So I'm like going through all these damn categories and then once you go into the category, it's all visual again. So I don't unless you know exactly what they're art style interpretation of an easel is you might just be clicking on things randomly hoping that you're getting the easel. I accidentally clicked on like a TV scrud dildo and it was not an easel and now I know it's true.
Speaker 5: There's a learning game education and.
Speaker 4: Uh, I think it's cozy and cute, but I think it's very limited, and I don't think it's probably for someone who is looking for a more.
Speaker 5: Robust experience.
Speaker 4: I think there's other games that have have like more dynamic experiences of building a house and fixing it. It is.
Speaker 5: It is like limited in its capacity, but it.
Speaker 4: Has a nice space where you could be like, oh, I want it to be raining outside and then you're making like a cozy gaming room while it's raining. I mean that'll put me right to sleep. So like definitely has cozy vibes and I think it's cool with building, but it's just felt a little limited for me.
Speaker 1: Try that out. Uh, Do I see correctly that you're making a cat paradise at some point, like a cat house, like a house for cats.
Speaker 4: I haven't gotten there yet, but yes, it has ones where like some of the requests are like I want a room for my dog, yes, and I wanted to have all the bells and whistles I wanted to have like this, and there are cat posts. There are like lots of things for your pets. And then there's also free play. So in addition to the request area that's like the game I would say, where it's like do my requests. You can also build a room from scratch of your choosing and that's really fun and you can basically just make the room of your dreams. And for me, I made a camper van that had a tiny bed, had a fireplace in the camper van. I assume that wouldn't actually work, but it's my fucking room and you guys can't tell me what to do. And it had like a desk with my gaming setup, and so I was like I could stream, I could sleep, I would cook my food on the fire and I had like a whole section for semoon and like all of his little items to make sure that like my dog was happy in my campra van. This is just like, you know, an imaginary space that I got to invent that I thought was very sweet.
Speaker 1: Damn, what would your dream room consist of? Comprise?
Speaker 2: Look like you've been in it? I think?
Speaker 4: Is this this?
Speaker 2: This is the office I'm talking about, the giant the bean Bag Arcade retro museum, Like yeah, that's that's hundred You've.
Speaker 5: Built your perfect space.
Speaker 4: And it's just a giant couch and a giant TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with every game I've ever played and ever will play like it's I think I got that. I think mine.
Speaker 1: I'd have a bed and then around the bed on the floor would be really powerful solar lights.
Speaker 4: The blind me as I tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna try it out.
Speaker 4: I want a clapper so that when I clap, it immediately plays the Family Guy intro music.
Speaker 1: The Pelvic Thrust, All Night Perfect, Jesus Mary eight, thing else about makeroom I. I want to try that out, because that's like all these sound like. I feel like I have a good spate of playing games for the week.
Speaker 4: I've been playing a lot of like chill games recently, and I think it's just because I'm in the throes of a very stressful time at work, and so like when I get off of work, I don't always have the mental capacity to play a complicated game that will like also stress me out. I've been stressed enough, so play a game where I can like watch Alien Earth on TV and like casually you know, have people change spots on a bus or make a little cozy room is cathartic. It's just like nice for me to have, and I still play more intense games on days that I can do it. But yeah, I've been on a bit of a cozy game kick, so that one, time Flies, I think is my favorite. Though, Like if you were asking me, like of all these like I would be like time Flies is so cool, Like it's such a neat, little funky game.
Speaker 5: But I think is this seat taken is a delight I've I've enjoyed.
Speaker 2: That experience this week after I'm recording here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cute kind of.
Speaker 1: I liked Pickman four.
Speaker 2: That much. You could pick jes that you guys.
Speaker 4: Remember when I had too much of a dosage of uh THC and a gummy and I was like, I'm playing Pickman four for six hours. No one fucking talked to me, and I that game saved my life. I thought I was going to die. I like, I had no idea, I had like the wrong dosage. I was a mess and Pickman four was the only thing that I could I could do to keep my brain from melting.
Speaker 3: That I feel like everyone who played Pickman four adores it, but I still feel the need to any time I think about it, like yell about how fucking good. It is because if you have not played Pickman four good, it is unbelievably good.
Speaker 2: All Pickmans are good. Pickman four is incredible.
Speaker 5: Could it could have been Game of the Year, could have.
Speaker 2: Been well, I got it over that. My tears, I think tears.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the Kingdom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike was Mike was like gunning against it.
Speaker 2: Because I pushed for No.
Speaker 1: You did a late night push even though all the evidence up to it. That's why I'm like, I so resent both of you from making me the adult in the room in most animations.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna d right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which has in it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The No MIC's Club is going to be poppin' after that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make nobody else button me channel where I could just talk to myself.
Speaker 4: You, it's just called the Angry Dome.
Speaker 1: What if I did that? What if I wrote it for a year and then it.
Speaker 2: Is you and a bunch of chaddbts Joe do you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm all telling you how right and handsome you are.
Speaker 2: That's right, Mike, Yeah, good job, I am right.
Speaker 1: That's the time. Mary take us into emails.
Speaker 4: You guys want to read some emails?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, Mary, do you want to lead us into emails?
Speaker 4: No, you're the host and I trust you and love you. You do it. You're the best host with the.
Speaker 1: Most That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Fuck with me. H hey, right, we're back.
Speaker 1: As usually, you can write a fire skit cast at gmail dot com. That's fireskiit cast at gmail dot com for questions comments, Well, listen to all of them will be great. I'm such a bubbly guy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, man, I'm a bubbly guy. Ah, I'm a bubbly guy.
Speaker 1: H We've got to I got to back up one in case these don't go super long, but I got to you right now. Uh, Mary, do you want to read this first one? From Nathan?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Fire Escape.
Speaker 4: Just listened through Dan's book after Mary mentioned it and thought it was great.
Speaker 5: Weird question.
Speaker 4: At the end of the book, you acknowledged Justin McElroy for helping you proofread the book before publishing? Is this justin of my brother? My brother and me? I listened to that show as well, and it was just a weird world colliding moment. Uh Dan, is it is it him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just Macroy? Yeah? Yeah, perfect?
Speaker 4: Dan. I know you specifically said you don't listen to video game podcasts in your free time. So my question for all of you is what podcasts do you listen to you outside of video games? Thanks Nathan, that's so nice that he listened to that and that you you did that.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just Maclroy's awesome. I have not caught up with him in quite a while, but yeah, I mean every time a doct him was great. He used to be a joystick, used to be like games.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess you said he's on the he's on the best sies right, like with Chris and yeah, okay, so he's still doing it. But he used to be like Joystick and everything, and you used to being like early bombcasts and all that stuff. What are you laughing at, Mike?
Speaker 1: It's two of them are on it. It's like another mac justining and Griffin and Russ fresh Stick and Chris plant If Memories.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I listen to it all the time.
Speaker 1: I totally know.
Speaker 2: No, all the macroys have always been awesome to me and always a joy to see them.
Speaker 4: They're very good at what they do too, and I think they just have a dynamic that can't be beat because of who they are and their connection to each other. So sometimes I think there's like similarities. It's like that podcast is more about their dynamic than whatever it is they talk about. That is just who they are, and I think that is what makes you so familiar. That's so special. That's right. It's like the one that it can't be. You can't develop a formula for it, you can't mimic it.
Speaker 2: What I've always thought with podcasts, you know, especially when I was like at companies like W DOE where it's like, oh, make a you know, put these people together and they both these people like anime, these two wrestlers, It's like, well, do they know each other? Are they friends? Do they have a report?
Speaker 3: Because like, yeah, okay, these two guys can like anime or like video games, but like yeah, at one point they wanted me to host a video game podcast with Ronda Rousi, and I was like, oh, just because we would not like video games, which also I don't know, it would be a very different history with video games, like okay, wow, she said in a couple of interviews, she likes Pokemon. Yeah, let's make a video game podcast anyway, Yes, the rapport that is the most important part, and that's why us three, why we work, That is why Giant Bomb works is because there's friends and rapport and history and things like that. You can't just like shove disparate people and personalities together despite them on paper having things in common and expect a good show. So to answer the question, what do you listen to outside video games? The one podcast I really listen to is called Deadlock, and it is a wrestling thing where they watch old wrestling shows and kind of talk about it very comedically. It's three guys that go way back, and it's just one of those things where we listen to an episode now it's just all there's so many en jokes and things like that, and you have to listen to like a lot of it to really kind of get caught up. But then you really feel like you're kind of part of that club and everything. But yeah, Deadlock is the podcast.
Speaker 2: I listened to.
Speaker 1: I listen back in the day, I was listening to like narrative podcasts, more fictional. Welcome to Night Vow was a really cool format. It was like a weird not X Files Twilight Zone town where each episode will be about a new person from the town and weird shit would be going on. That was a great show. If you haven't checked it out, go back. I don't know if it's still running. It might be done by now, but I listened to like two seasons worth of it and I liked it quite a bit. Also, I will say most of my podcast these days are wine related for studying or like, I think that's sweet.
Speaker 5: Tell me your favorite wine podcast.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: I just think it's interesting. I find it fascinating.
Speaker 5: We always get into these like fucking wine.
Speaker 4: You know parts of this podcast, but ultimately like a podcast about wine, like so wild to me that you can talk about wine that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can talk about a specific grape for a while. I now guilds.
Speaker 2: Specifically purple grapes. Tell me about purple grapes. You're you're going.
Speaker 4: Down the rabbit hole. I'm talking about podcasts. You're doing it now.
Speaker 2: I said, you can talk for a while about a grape, tell me about purple grapes.
Speaker 1: I will tell about purple grapes in a second. But into the Glass by a GUILDSOM. GUILDSOM is the like study resource and meet up resource and just general really good resource to have it's a subscription service where people who are studying to go through their Somier certification can go to a like study hall kind of lecture on this specific region. But they can also go to meetups with other Sombiers in Texas or the will Aammet Valley, et cetera. So it's a really good thing to have in your back pocket for sure. And then Chris Tanji, he's a master Somilee, hosts the podcast. So sometimes it'll be about blind tasting specific wines. Other times it'll be about different wine makers come on or experts on like Mount Etta, it's in Sicily. Benjamin Spencer came on in the most recent one, so it was really cool to hear about how that region has evolved over the last several millennia. I also there's also I'll drink to that. It's basically that's the more deep dive, like people in the wine industry will come on and talk to the host and uh, those are but yeah, I listened to those fairly often. But also like in the world of video games, I don't listen to many.
Speaker 5: Well, the question is specifically not video.
Speaker 2: Games, oh right, right, right, specifically, do not.
Speaker 4: Tell me video game ones. Yeah, what's about fake namee podcast? It would be like, uh, you know, like I'll drink to that seems like such a generic maybe like fake made podcast about drinking wine.
Speaker 2: Five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 4: Whine about it.
Speaker 1: That's a real Yeah, it probably is one. I also, you know what, I really I guess I don't listen to full episodes, but I have realized how much I've destroyed my YouTube algorithm with x actor on why movie, like, I'll get YouTube shorts like it's uh. James well Bakesale is a YouTube channel that pulls clips from like What's his Eli Roth's podcast where he has people come out and talk about horror movies. But it'll be like Bill Hayter on there will be blood and Bill Hater's like one of the biggest film buffs ever, so he'll be talking about what makes this movie like genuinely great. I listen to a lot of those. I like listening to people talk about movies in a way I don't enjoy it with video games, just because I'm not inundated with movies all day at work, So I think that's kind of a nice break from it, and I enjoy hearing people talk about movies in a really intelligent but still magnetic contagious way, because I think that helps when we talk about it helps inform how I talk about video games or whine or stuff I love. But yeah, I would say I think it's James Weyl bakes out. It's just clips like you can listen to, like you can hear random shit like, oh, Bill Burr talking about why fucking succession was great or something like that. I just pulled both of those out of my ass. I don't know if that's an actual one, but that's probably it. I don't listen to many podcasts same what about you.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking of other fake wine podcast names. Uh, vine time.
Speaker 1: That's probably one.
Speaker 4: It's time to talk about vine.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I know, wind me about Watch Me Caberne.
Speaker 4: Oh I love it. That's gross. That makes me sick. Yeah, watch me Caberne is vile?
Speaker 2: Come on, Mike, Yeah, beat that?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yea. Yolo but nebbi y o l o yebbi yolo nebbe yolo. Nebby Yola is a grape. Famous grape from Pemon in Italy, Okay. It's made some make some of the best wines in the world. Specific Yeah, there's a I think actually might be one I'm looking. I'm looking at now guild some podcasts wine for normal people, wine, one on one.
Speaker 2: I've had to name a lot of shows. I'll drink that.
Speaker 1: Dalton Lovey, Dalton Wine Simple. No, that's a e book Wine Enthusiasts podcast. That's get Some. Oh is really good.
Speaker 2: It's good. That's good. Got some?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know great, chio nice, nice.
Speaker 1: Upset a comedy wine show.
Speaker 2: So ra ha ha ha ha. Okay, how about this? How about the Merlew Down.
Speaker 4: Oh? I like that. That's good. That makes goense.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it's good.
Speaker 1: I like it quite a bit. I gotta send all these to my sure, to the colleagues. Yeah, perfect, I have your permission, you sign them over, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: We can use them. Sweet, I'm not gonna be using it. You never know.
Speaker 1: One of these days I'm gonna I'm gonna get you cool. Well, thank you? Or any other ones.
Speaker 4: Mary, there's generic ones that everybody's heard. But the ones I really liked were uh S Town and uh I think it stands for shittown. But s Town is pretty good and uh cereal is pretty good, and they're both like mystery, like who done it? Like stuff that's pretty good. Okay, here's one that might surprise you. Jill on money. I listened to Jill on money. She gives a financial advice. Dan, you might like that. I know you like have sometimes you like talk about money. We've we've actually chatted about money sometimes. And like Jill on money, just as she takes callers and people will be like, you know, this is how much money I have in my bank account and someone told me it would be really great to invest an X and she'll.
Speaker 5: Be like, that's a bad idea, don't do it. This is where one point.
Speaker 4: And she'll just tell people where to put their money and like what their goals are. And I find her easy to listen to. And sometimes in the car I'll listen to Jill on money. It sounds odd. I think my dad recommended her to, but it's just nice if you're you want like a casual way to think about what you might do with some of your stocks or bonds or whatever the hell.
Speaker 5: You want to do with your money. But that's that's what she does.
Speaker 2: Jill nice to stay. Mary went bankrupt.
Speaker 4: I know I worry about that. I'm not like I would not consider myself very savvy. So it's nice to like casually listen to someone who's like, this is what I would recommend generally is a good plan for retirement.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, and I'll think about it and not do anything.
Speaker 3: I have a financial guy now, and he reached out recently said hey, so I got some tickets. I would love to take you and Bianca out to the Saint Paul Saints game. And it's like it's like minor league baseball, and neither me or bank or even remotely interested in sports. And it's like I just had to like, like, I'm gonna be honest. If I brought that up to Bonk, she'd like, why the fuck are you asking me if I want to go to a baseball game? So I felt like kind of an asshole, But yeah, I gotta I got a buddy now. He's a financial advisor, So that's my guy.
Speaker 5: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they do that, they get like tickets or are like, hey, i'll pay for eighteen holes, et cetera. That's a big part of like developing the relationship or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's taken a one percent of my balance every year, so yeah, you can give me a dinner.
Speaker 1: He texts you, listen, there's this place where the ravioli is basically vertical, and they're twinned up and each one has a different filling. And you're like, oh, I know this place well, I know shows really good. I think about the PASA still every night. Well, thank you Nathan. From Nathan Hampshire, Dan, you want to read this one? From Darien?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Hey, escape a renos nice. It is my belief that Quake is the perfect distillation of the first person shooter. Now, the game itself has issues. It's kind of short, its maps are small, VARs and spawns are a nuisance to fight. It doesn't have a super shotgun. Of the two, Doom is better and more important. But when it comes to the fundamental act of moving and shooting, I would legitimately argue that the first Quake has yet to be surpassed. This isn't just a nostalgia talking. I only really played the game five ish years ago, having grown up on more linear arrative shooters like Half Life and our return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Speaker 2: How about you, guys?
Speaker 3: Can you think of a single title that you think best represents a set of mechanics better than any other regardless of its objective quality. That is Darien from Toronto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I to clarify, I think three episodes ago are four. Someone asked this what game best represents the genre? Like what is the Mount Rushmore? I had to reread this one because I wasn't going to use this, but yeah, it's set of mechanics, so it's not like he said, Doom is probably the indicative shooter, but Quake has like is better.
Speaker 3: In this sure space, like the moment to moment like yeah, just very nuts and bolts, like moving around shootings.
Speaker 1: Like Resivil four is the quintessential inventory management game in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, I think Soul Caliber, like I know, obviously like Street Fighter and Tech and stuff have seen bigger success, and I'm sure like purists and stuff would point to those is better. But to me, I've never played a fighting game that felt more perfect than the first Soul Caliber.
Speaker 2: I just think it just has this flow to it. I think all the characters are very.
Speaker 3: Different and very fun to play as any character, Whereas you know, I like Mortal Kombat for the characters. I respect Street Fighter for just the nuance and you know, the technical prowess. You can you can show in that, but like, to me, Soul Caliber is just like the best feeling fighting game I've ever played.
Speaker 1: You beat me one on one from your basement when you couldn't see the screen.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm not even going to contextualize that, right, right, some tape somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say. Actually, a lot of my favorite recent games kind of do this. They drill down on one specific idea, Like They are Billions, which is still one of my favorite strategy games ever that's specifically made for people who like turtling in real time strategy games, like slowly building up your defenses like that. They made that game for people who play that strategy within this subgenre of strategy games. So I'd say They are Billions is the turtling game for sure. In terms of like, I don't know what would this is really broad, So maybe this is too broad and not specific enough. What would be the quint essential crafting game mine craft? No, But like I mean yeah, so like that's what I guess. That's why I'm saying. It's You're not wrong, but that's almost like terraforming though kind of crafting, Like yeah, like crafting items specifically.
Speaker 2: There's so many.
Speaker 3: Honestly, yeah, I feel good, you know, yeah I started stard like you know, you're getting a lot of like you know, Okay, I've got this wood and this ore and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that all works great. Tears the Kingdom, I guess pretty.
Speaker 4: Games, it's always Tiers the Kingdom.
Speaker 3: I think Tears is not super elegant because.
Speaker 2: That's a complaint I have with.
Speaker 1: It almost be like it it has to be something semi simple, like when I think a really good crafting system that didn't get in the way. I think of the Last of Us, like making those weapons and.
Speaker 4: Stuff between health and uh a weapon I think is a brilliant system. Right, it was like you were making a definitive choice of whether or not you needed a whether or not you wanted a Maltov cocktail.
Speaker 5: Now, I think.
Speaker 4: That's very smart whoever designed that for? Like co op mechanics, I think Left four Dead has, like some two specifically has like some really core mechanics that I just think are duplicated to this day of like the idea of special infected or like uniques that are shinies. Right, that will be more difficult, but like there's enemies, but then there's like enemies that you need to have unique or special designs to be able to take down. Together, It's very good, and I feel like there was a huge element of that that was like about throwable items because you can't always be close in that game, and I feel like there's been so many games that have mimicked that in the future of like needing to be able to throw and get away, Like the goal isn't to kill everything, the goal is to get out, and so like you're not actually trying to kill everything, You're just trying to to get through it.
Speaker 5: I find that interesting.
Speaker 1: I have a question. I'm I'm pretty sure I know what both of you're going to say, but what would be the game that embodies cover mechanics Gears?
Speaker 4: That is probably the first one that would come to mind, because you are running from cover to cover.
Speaker 5: That is like the whole point of that.
Speaker 1: I think that's the quintessential cover. I thought you would say that immediately as well.
Speaker 2: Mary. That's why that stuff existed before Everything or Nothing, the Double seven game, like a year before Gears, Like I.
Speaker 1: Mean that was I thought that was after Gears.
Speaker 2: No, it was like a year before it like five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what I mean, man, that is Gears is thing and just been able to do the blind fire stuff.
Speaker 2: Mind fire going from one wall.
Speaker 4: Without having your head out, the fact that they didn't wear helmets like you know what, even visually they were like, please don't stick your head out because you are wearing huge gear and not one fucking thing to covert.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Played all those games when they came out, really liked them, didn't touch them for a while, and then I played through all of them with Kyla like in the last couple of years. And now re reload. It's coming out in PlayStation and I'm loving an excuse to just like, fuck, I'll play the first Gears.
Speaker 2: Again on like, let's do insane difficulty, let's just play like they are just fun fucking video games too. Like I think I liked them more over time instead of just like, oh, this installgier thing. I they were good games back then. Now I look at it and it's like I think I like these better than Halo. You know, that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I think I like Halos, but Gears are awesome games.
Speaker 5: Gears are really good Gears. It's not unfair.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I grew up on Gears, so Gears is my favorite because that was the thing that got me in. But for many people that's Halo.
Speaker 1: Basically all the Halo games now with a mess chief collection. Don't they all have like four player co op?
Speaker 2: Do they?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure they retroactively at it. No, maybe not no Infinite ever at a co op that was like a whole thing.
Speaker 2: Wait, do I I heard they did? Did? They finally said recently they didn't have it at launch, which is right they didn't or for a while.
Speaker 1: Great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would also say Gears has the definitive like wave defense hord mode and two when they chose had hord mode or two that was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fives was so good. We played a lot of that together.
Speaker 4: What do you think is the first game that had time that you could compare to your friends times? Because that is like something that everybody fucking does now and it's very good.
Speaker 5: Was it super meat Boy or am I insane?
Speaker 3: I mean there were definitely like ways with like older like there was you know, speed run communities and stuff long before that, but in.
Speaker 5: Terms of like but it was a mechanic game of it.
Speaker 3: I feel like you started seeing leader wards a lot with three sixty and XBYX live Arcade like Geometry Wars, but that wasn't a time thing, you know, but like I do think it would have to be around that three sixty era. I'm just trying to think specifically a time thing.
Speaker 5: Did Mirror's Edge have time like compare?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it had leader boards.
Speaker 4: I know the new one did, but yeah, I liked Trial's evolution.
Speaker 2: I thought I had really where you can see the ghost of the your friend's list. Yeah, yeah, I don't like Uh.
Speaker 1: Trying to think of another mechanic that's like everywhere, but there's one that just does it.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is a more niche genre, I guess, but Tony Hawk skating, Like I've played plenty of skating games that aren't Tony Hawk. Nothing feels like Tony Hawk. Like that's what I want them all to feel like. I never liked skate really is just because like this does not feel like Tony Hawk. They nailed it.
Speaker 1: I think what has like the best, like Wall Running Mechanics, Titan Fall two.
Speaker 2: It's probably some Prince of Persia or something like that.
Speaker 3: Prince of Persia. I remember had some pretty good wall running titan Fall and Titan Falls mobility, that's the best first person shooter mobility ever, I think, Yeah, for sure, do Maternal got pretty good with that.
Speaker 4: Had brilliant design in the levels though that were all about min maxing wall running in such an elegant way, And I do kind of look at that as in some ways the best genuinely, Like Prince of Persia was first, but was it the best? Because the question is is like, what do we think is like the best? And man, titan Fall two is so fucking good, it's so slept on.
Speaker 3: There's a good argument for Titanfall two definitely. Yeah, Like that had that training room where you can set the time.
Speaker 1: Basically it also, yeah, Neon White basically just took that and made a game out of it. But this is the.
Speaker 2: Time trial game now, it's a great one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Darien.
Speaker 1: All Right, that's our emails, that's our show.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 5: I feel like I could think of more because there's so many different mechanics.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, that's fire Escape Cast at gmail dot com. You can write in for next episode, send in more. We've got a few more left to burn through.
Speaker 2: That sounds bad. We enjoy them.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean burned through them, but like we got some. We got some to that we're gonna dive into crash.
Speaker 4: In the old heap. But if you want to throw some more shrimp on the barbie, you send them right on in the fire escape at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: We got plenty of turds in the toilet, but.
Speaker 3: We can like two emails whenever Mike's gone, I pick like eight, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm preserving them, conserving them.
Speaker 4: But you really got to preserve those turds in the toil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it. I think they're shining like diamonds.
Speaker 4: You're flashing too many, Dan.
Speaker 2: I can't stop.
Speaker 1: It's a weird addiction thing.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll be back in a couple of weeks. But in the meantime, you can go to deep Dishpussy dot com. Yeah, if you're not a subscriber, if you want to get ad free episodes, or you wanna be a video patron and get access to uh the show for instance that we're doing with Nexlander, Me and Vinnie are saving the world in Total Warhammer three co op campaign and then for those who are not patrons of Next Lander, you can go watch where we're destroying world. There's two different factions, different part of the map. That's an episodic. I think we're on episodes like eleven of each something like that, twelve, maybe thirteen, something like that. We're in like the getting into the forties turn wise in the game. And then also Resident Canievel four remake is back. We're finishing it off.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: We're pretty positive coming up on the last episode against Sadler. Yeah, that's also on our YouTube channel. You do not need to be a patron for that. You don't need to subscribe anything. It's free for everybody. But just go follow Firescape cast on YouTube just so you see when that goes up.
Speaker 4: We had some really funny moments in the last episode two and they're free. I posted on our twitter the I seen you to send it to you, Mike. I put them all on a playlist so you can watch the whole from beginning. You can watch the whole playlist from the beginning without skipping a beat and tweeted it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you want to go all the way back to the beginning at GameSpot, you can there's how many seasons are there?
Speaker 4: Four fifteen, sixteen, crazy because we've played pretty much all of them, minimum all the numbered series and like you know.
Speaker 1: Well we have not played the OG first game. We went right to remake. That was a quality. I know, that's a quality on my heart. I want to get the game off to a strong note. The first one has not aged all that well. Sorry Tintury for listening, but we can we That's like a lost episode. So is Resident Evil Revelations too.
Speaker 4: So is Code Veronica.
Speaker 1: No, you played Code Veronica remember father that one? Yeah, the fire Extinguisher puzzle that sucks. We have not There's a couple I think Jake and Ada campaigns and res Evil six, which I'm champion at the bit to play as always. But yeah, Mary, what else do you have going on outside of Fire Skape?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, Kanini with you and I dream every Monday usually, and I played Peak last Monday and had a great time, so I always look forward to it.
Speaker 5: So it's a good it's a good time.
Speaker 1: Come on down, Danielle.
Speaker 2: What about you, Giant bomb dot Com?
Speaker 3: I am feeling great about it lately. We are kind of getting past the like oh ship we owned the company. Oh god, but we gotta get all this stuff moved.
Speaker 2: Over loves bringing that up.
Speaker 4: Being an owner of a company.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 2: Didn't know how terrible we work with Mike Manati until I did it.
Speaker 4: Money, What am I gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do if I complained about this?
Speaker 4: What am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Situation own giant bomb. It's very good. We're doing great work there. Check out Jurassic Grub Trespasser, grub Passer, whatever we call it. It's the new club season.
Speaker 3: We're playing Jurassic Park Trespasser, a fascinating weird uh from from like way before they were ready for it. Yes, Grub is playing that now and it is a delight. So check out Blake Club and everything else. We got going on a giant palm because I think we're on fire right now.
Speaker 2: Corey Barlog worked on that game.
Speaker 1: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: I know I made that up. That's funny, though I'm gonna start doing that.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Did you think it's funny?
Speaker 1: Worked on Halos four. That's not a joke, I know, but it throws you off, clearly off your rhythmic.
Speaker 4: That's a classic mic joke because always.
Speaker 2: But I think I worked on Jurassic grub evolution.
Speaker 1: Fucking grow up.
Speaker 2: All right, that's our episode. We'll be back in a couple of weeks with episode what one fourteen? I think, God, we've done this too much. We've done this for too long. Is this one thirteen? Thanks? So we are four? I'm I'm looking at one thirteen.
Speaker 1: This right now, this is one fourteen, and we didn't celebrate.
Speaker 4: The host should know.
Speaker 2: That, I know, married take out.
Speaker 4: Thank you all, baby boys and baby girls for listening to another awesome episode. We'll see you on the next one. Check it.
Speaker 5: That's my exit. That's like the way I say goodbye.
Speaker 4: Check it? Yeah nice? Do you like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: I said check it like. That's it.
Speaker 4: That's the end.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry, go again, go again? Ya wait, wait, we'll get Seana clean out. Ready, here we go, Here we go and married? Check it five