Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. It's fishing week. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about that price for GTA six and Games moving their date to avoid that big September pile up. It's gonna be a good one because we have Taylor Cock on the show. Taylor, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, man, Just stoked to be here. Yeah, I'm glad you could make this happen. This is great. It was awesome to see it for five minutes when I was out in La.
Speaker 1: Kind of like every year. But I wouldn't I wouldn't change you. I'm glad we could at least make that happen. But yeah, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good man, you know, just hanging in there, living the La life. It's funny to be here right now, considering I haven't played a video game in quite some time. I've been painting little guys.
Speaker 1: Oh you're a little guy painter. Now I'm a little guy painter. I've entered my little guy painter or.
Speaker 2: World lifestyle, my little my little tank, the little guy.
Speaker 1: Is it like tell me about it, Like, is it just like, you know, kind of going there with like tiny little brushes or.
Speaker 2: Do you have like air brushes or what? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't entered the airbrush life. I live in a I live in an apartment in Los Angeles or simple.
Speaker 2: So it's in the corner in the spotlight. You losing not get poisoned by paint, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, I mean at a certain point, that's what we want, right, just let the lead take us, uh, send us to what's wherever the boomers have gone with all their lead poisoning exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm completely fine with that, Like, let's let's party at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, I joke. I obviously play video.
Speaker 3: Games as well, but like the the the painting has sort of consumed my existence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe we have a seaman up here in the corner here. It's fishing week. Like I said, everybody, I think seaman might have been chiming in chat. Yes, yeah, you can interact with with the seaman. Uh he you've used channel point if you want to talk to him, but I think you can you can tap if you exclamation point tap. And so I'm pretty sure we're just going to be tapping on this thing a thousand times per streame.
Speaker 2: We might we.
Speaker 1: Might relegate him to the pre show for some of these episodes, but for now, this is good.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I care for Sea Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, I don't trust him. I don't trust him, but I would never say that to his face.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm afraid of that. Oh grab, I don't know. Why would you pick him up? Yeah? Touch him? No, he's there's something wrong with see man.
Speaker 3: I think I think that there's some sort of disease that if you try to pick him up, it's a problem.
Speaker 2: It's like picking up a turtle. You know. Sure, everyone says if you pick up a turtle you're gonna get sicked.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I haven't heard that. I've heard if you touch a frog you'd get warts. I've heard that.
Speaker 2: Was that? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, okay, I I yeah.
Speaker 1: I was playing umaghari or um yeah umaghari this morning, which is a weird Japanese speared fishing game, and I was like, oh, it's just spearfishing. And I went like five feet out in the ocean and a giant mouth with hair like popped out of the ocean and ate me, and I think that is the official eventual evolutionary chain for Seaman.
Speaker 2: That's what he turns into. It's my guest. Don't care for it. Don't care for it? Not good?
Speaker 1: All right, everybody, let's get into things. Let's explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb. Go to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member. If you do so, you're supporting independent games media. You're also going to be getting ad free versions of our shows and a bunch of premium only shows. Go to giant bomb dot com slash joint to see what those are. Also, it's true it's Fishing Weeks. To go to store dot GiantBomb dot com. There's some Fishing Week merch with an awesome, amazing logo of like the Beast Pro Shop, but done by way of Giant Bomb, and the bomb is a fish.
Speaker 2: It's great. Go check it out, everybody, I'm getting some merch.
Speaker 1: Immediately shuts out to Mike for getting that done, and also shuts out again to Chuck.
Speaker 2: For the whole Seaman thing. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grubb will help piece your gaming life back together that includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS feed on GiantBomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to.
Speaker 1: Get into, so let's start the morning mess with this thing again. I guess GTA six's leaked prices are probably bogus. Reliable insider says this is from Eddie McCoo at GameSpot. GTA six pre orders go live on June twenty fifth, that's this week, and ahead of that, one retailer posted listings for the games showing higher than expected price points. A prominent and reliable reporter, however, has said those were just placeholders. A retailer called f Nech in some country that had GTA six's standard edition at ninety euro, which is a about one hundred US dollars, the listings scaled all the way up to two hundred euro for like some of the collector's editions.
Speaker 2: However, Bill bill Coon.
Speaker 1: Who is someone that is able to get into these retailer websites and see what listings are happening and see the prices, says that he is positive that these are just placeholders. Those are just random prices. I mean the pricing thing is like, if there was just gonna be seventy, I think they would have told us, And yet it still could just be seventy.
Speaker 2: Tailor what are you expecting to pay for grand Theft auto?
Speaker 1: Six seventy dollars? Yeah, it seventy American dollars. I think it's I think it's going to be seventy. Actually, yeah, And now they could charge eighty. And I know that there's all these financial people saying like, oh, if they charge eighty, the kind of freeze the rest of the industry up to be, like maybe one day we could go to eighty. If this thing is seventy, what other game could ever be eighty dollars? That's gonna be the big question that I think a lot of the industry is going to struggle with.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean, I think there's very little chance.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wouldn't be I guess I wouldn't be apprized if they went eighty, but I think that the there's not really any reason for them to do it. I mean, this game is going to sell eight hundred billion copies regardless, and then you know they're they're looking to transfer those people into GTA Online or whatever the equivalent does is for.
Speaker 2: Six anyway, so like they're they're they're making money hand.
Speaker 3: Over fists either way. I just don't see them taking the pr hit.
Speaker 1: Yes, flat, you know, I mean, and I think the whole thing here is that we've learned over and over again. It's a big game like this can come out five days early at one hundred and twenty dollars one hundred and thirty dollars, and several million people will do that for Fort to Horizon, so I would expect ten million people to do that for Grand Theft Auto and then they get both right, it's just seventy dollars. It's not some weird headline of this is the game that's going to start moving the price up. Obviously Mario Kart's already done that, but we've sort of retreated from I think Mario Kurry did it, and everyone's like, oh, we were going to try it too.
Speaker 2: There was some other games. Was it Borderlands for Chad.
Speaker 1: I think that that was gonna be eighty dollars and then they went We're like, oh, never mind, that's going to be seventy. So it feels like that retreats already happened. So now it's like we're waiting for the next game to go to eighty and Grand Theft Auto six. If it's not going to do that, then it kind of does lock down the rest of the industry. But yeah, I think you're right, why take the weird pr hit? You could just have all positive headlines. They really do want that their their stock price so over at Take two was down a little bit kind of going into this. It's starting to boost back up now that it's like, oh, the pre orders could happen, and then they also are going to sell this game at at an average sales price that is much higher than seventy because those first the first few million sales will be people buying this game to play it early.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, absolutely, I mean there's like, if people are just gonna give you that money anyway, why again, why take the pr hit?
Speaker 2: Why why struggle or why why even put it out there?
Speaker 3: Like, hey, you know rock Star is now a greedy company, especially the I mean, you know obviously GTA five online or I guess it's just grab the DOTTA online, isn't it is is so beloved by like a massive group of people. Why even consider messing with that? I mean, we haven't really seen what GTA online is going to look like for six. No, so whether that's like the same thing but just with more island is would be people would be like stoked, like and so why even risk messing with the people.
Speaker 2: That have formed your your core fan base? Right? I think that's the thing.
Speaker 1: There's like so many points of failure in this chain of launching grand theft Auto six in a state that is acceptable, making sure that people are happy about that, getting the price right, sure, but then they you know, it doesn't seem like at least you know, I think the rock Stars history is the online mode usually comes a little bit later, few months later. It's probably gonna happen here as well. They just have said zero about it. That could change, could change this week, could change in July.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh, but yeah, that like they want to they want to make sure feelings are good going into whenever they do launch GTA Online two or whatever.
Speaker 2: That looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think that they just take the easy wins here. Now do they do they Did they think about charging eighty? Did they think about charging one hundred? I'm sure they had those conversations.
Speaker 2: Right, they had to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, there's no way somebody from t K is and like, yo, can you guys, let's let's let's think about the upfront the upfront revenue here. Yeah, but like you know, in a world where uh, in a world where you know, you're looking at the Fortnites of the world, you're looking at the roll boxes of the world. I mean, I guess at this point just the roll bloxes of the world. Uh, not to be rude to Fortnite, but uh, the I think there's a.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: There's there's just enough evidence out there that, you know, if you if you're operating out a scale, it's that's grand enough that there's no really reason to like focus on that on that uprun revenue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess we'll find out this week June twenty fifth. Uh, they're gonna open up pre orders. They don't just open up pre orders. Right, this is like they have to like blow everything out with a lot of information, right, you're trying to activate people to spend money.
Speaker 2: This this is it, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, there's gonna be ads at McDonald's and Taco Bell and right seven eleven and and like, I mean, this is this is the Halo two you know launch situation. You know, the best buy it's gonna be I guess, let's maybe not best buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, retailers, Yeah, I strussed.
Speaker 1: Selle Maker was talking about, oh, the marketing blitz is gonna be big, but like, how is it gonna be different than the last time we launched a grand theft auto? And the one thing he said was there will be like fewer network TV ads and things like that. It's like, yeah, I guess, yes, that makes sense. Yeah exactly why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna see it on on NBA broadcast for sure, But like I guess, I guess is over.
Speaker 2: But you know you're gonna see God, what I mean, baseball exists? Yeah, I guess basically.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a huge football But yeah, this games out, This games out November nineteenth, Is that right?
Speaker 2: Uh? So they'll do a lot.
Speaker 1: Of commercials during primetime football, Like, so I guess there will be some network ads there and then like ESPN Monday Night Football and things like that. I guess, yeah, World Cup, they could do stuff during the World Cup right now. Yeah, hydration the entire hydration break is just a trailer for a grand Theft out of six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: I mean the point is they don't super need to do that, like they don't, like obviously they're gonna have marketing budget that they are going to spend. They're not going to not tell anybody about this game, but everyone already kind of kind of knows about it. H Do you like when you think about that during like, how do you approach a marketing campaign like that? Do you ever have any thoughts about that? Because I'm completely lost on that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I mean, like the simple answer is it's I mean, it's going to sell itself to a certain degree, but you don't want to take any risks, right, Like, I mean, you never want to have an instance, especially uh, for a game at the scale of grand the thought of six, in an instance where somebody is.
Speaker 2: Like that's out this week, what.
Speaker 3: You know, like and I feel like that happens with Call of Duty pretty regularly, at least for me, where I'm just thinking like, oh wait, yeah, Call of Duty's.
Speaker 2: Out this week, what the hell? And uh?
Speaker 3: And I think you, I think for a game at the scale of Grand theft Ato, you don't want to do that because you know this is an opportunity for them to bring in a bunch of new players, especially because what it's been what the thought of five launched, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve soteen years ago, yeah, coming up on fifteen years Yeah, So like there's there's a whole new generation three team.
Speaker 3: I bet Yeah, there's a whole new generation of players that is looking to get into this thing and start messing around. So it's like, right, you got to build it, right, you got to right.
Speaker 1: The hype is there, so why not fuel it, right? Yeah, So I guess that's what's going to look like. I mean, of course we're talking about this stuff because we just haven't seen the gameplay yet. The videos, the trailers they've shown so far have have enticed me. There's a lot of like tech happening there where I'm like, I want to see what that's like during gameplay.
Speaker 2: I want to see what that's like when.
Speaker 1: I sort of play Grand Theft all of the way I do, which is as a sandbox. I want to see what I can make happen here. And if it's like you know, it's the same kind of stuff as always, well, that's fine because I know this game will be modern to hell on PC when it eventually comes here or whatever.
Speaker 2: And that's how I'll really have my fun.
Speaker 1: But you know, like having this world sort of be a baseline just look like, oh wow, this looks really amazing. The twerking physics are working good for them. They got it going, So yeah, I just kind of want to see, all right, what's next?
Speaker 2: What else do you have? What does the game look like? Have you evolved that stuff at all?
Speaker 1: If I walk ten feet off the path you wanted to be, go to go down? Am I going to get a game over like always? We'll see, I mean probably it's probably yeah. Still Rockstar YEP Incredible PlayStation's PC Port era appears over as Sony's scrubs key policy language. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC, and we kind of knew all of this, but this.
Speaker 2: Is definitely making it official.
Speaker 1: Sony has removed mention of bringing its first party first party titles Excuse Me to PC from an annual business report, seemingly confirming a major policy change. The new annual report was filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission this weekend, and thanks to analysis from game File, some notable changes and emissions have been uncovered. Notably, a line from last year's report stated that Sony plans to continue its efforts to deploy its first party titles to multiple platforms such as PC had been cut entirely from the twenty twenty six version. This is seemingly the first public emission by the PlayStation maker of a change in release strategy.
Speaker 2: People are wondering, like, didn't they talk about this.
Speaker 1: They did in an internal meeting where Herman Holst addressed the developers, and then that leaked, of course, but they've not publicly said anything about this change. Following a Bloomberg report earlier this year, they claims Sony was pulling back from its plans to release its upcoming games on PC, with future single player games set to be.
Speaker 2: PS five exclusives.
Speaker 1: It's also important to point out multiplayer games games that would make sense to be on everything will probably still continue to be on most things, maybe not an Xbox, but at least a PC. So yeah, this sort of just puts a period on that sentence tailor where we were kind of this, we knew this, but it does feel very like, hey, no, they mean it. This is definitely the case. There's no case by case basis here, just kind of across the board.
Speaker 2: The big single player games.
Speaker 1: Are going to be exclusive, and I keep going back to they got it, They're gonna want to have something to sell. PS six is because when it comes time to like sell a hardware based on getting excited about hardware, that was already going to be difficult, and now in twenty twenty seven, twenty twenty eight, maybe twenty twenty nine, who knows when this thing actually comes out, now it's gonna be so much more difficult because you're gonna pair it with a price that is astronomical. So this makes sense to me, Taylor, how do you read it?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm really curious to see, Like, you know, obviously they want to sell hardware, but how important is that gonna be the next generation?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 3: That's sort of what I keep going back to, is or even when is the next generation gonna even be. I mean, yeah, is.
Speaker 2: There gonna be one?
Speaker 1: I mean, there was going to be one, probably in twenty twenty seven, maybe twenty twenty eight, But now it just feels like if I'm with these companies. First of all, I probably wasn't feeling too great about that anyhow, sentiment wasn't super excited about that in the first place.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, I don't want to talk about that yet.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I got enough fount of my PS five yet. But man, with everything going sideways, it's even worse.
Speaker 3: Now, right, Yeah, absolutely, I mean, I mean, like I'm a guy who I don't own a PS five, like I have a PS four. I mean, I am a PlayStation guy since since the since the PS one, but I never bought a PS five just because it was hard to find it first. And then I and then at a certain point, you know, all of Sunny's games started coming to PC, and I'm I'm primarily a PC gamer, and so the games that I wanted.
Speaker 2: To play I could play, yeah a year later.
Speaker 3: But like you know, when now that I'm not a game journalist anymore, I don't have to play everything day one anyway, So and and and as somebody who you know, spent a lot of time in this space and and is and is a guy who plays a lot of video games.
Speaker 2: I kind of wonder how many people are in the same spot as me.
Speaker 3: Where like, yeah, I want to play those games, like I'm a I'm a big got A Ward twenty eighteen fan, and I like Rag and Rock a whole lot, and.
Speaker 2: I want to play the new one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I want to spend you know, how much is a PS five now for the base model?
Speaker 2: Like six hundred bucks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that, Yeah, six hundred and six fifty or something like that. But the PS five pro is what we're approaching one thousand dollars hit, and so PS six seems like it would be more expensive than a PS five pro. It's nine hundred dollars for a PS five pro. So we are talking about PS six approaching one thousand dollars. You know, maybe it's not, but it probably is. And I just so here here's what I'm hearing from you, Taylor, where it's like you are talking you're like already sort of talked yourself out of a PS five and you're not interested in sort of convincing yourself to go back and buy that thing. I think that conversation's even harder for a PS six And now that's I think Sony knows that.
Speaker 2: That's why they're bringing back the exclusives.
Speaker 1: That's why they're like, hey, these games will not come to PC, do not wait, not going to happen. And I think I have I think they hold that for a while and then they flip back after some time when it's like, eh, you know what, we sold enough PS six's or whatever. But maybe selling a PS six and a thousand dollars is just kind of going to be broken no matter what they have on there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, I'm I'm really curious.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I'm somebody who's not you know, I'm not immune to hype, you know. Like the only the only reason I had there's there's an Xbox Series Acts in my living room. The only reason that that is there is because on on pre order day, I just hopped on Amazon and was just like, can I get one? And sure enough managed to pull one off because I'm me and I managed to get pre orders constantly on things that I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Uh, And I don't know, maybe maybe maybe maybe, like you know.
Speaker 3: Like the there might they might drop a new exclusive of that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hell, yeah, I want I want that right now? You know. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, there was like We're Destiny three is launched title for the p S six and be like, ship, I gotta get that.
Speaker 2: So who knows, But I mean, it's it's got to be it's got to be.
Speaker 3: Something at a level that like people like me are are I think you're right excited enough about Yeah, And I don't know what that game is for, like the mass audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's like that's got to be harder and therefore more expensive to make than ever before. So it's like they already are selling very expensive hardware that is going to be hard for them to source. And then on top of that, they got to make a game that stands out from a crowd of amazing games, and not just amazing games, countless games, because there's like innumerable games that will be coming out from all kinds of developers of all scales and sizes, across all kinds of devices, and some of those pop off and take over the world. And so you're gonna like, Okay, well we're gonna go spend six hundred million dollars to make a game that might sell PS six's.
Speaker 2: It's a tough business.
Speaker 1: To be in, and uh, yeah, absolutely they have some they have some answers to this. This story continues elsewhere and Sony's business report. It has added a new section about how Sony is utilizing AI to unleash the creativity of studios and further enhance the PlayStation experience. That is a new thing for this business report. They had previously not mentioned AI. I'll say previously up until kind of this point, up until recently, it was Sony had been instructing a lot of its developers to not use AI, like, hey, we don't We were afraid of the legal ramifications. Obviously that's changed and they don't want to be left behind, and they are looking for some answers here because I'll continue once one more paragraph here. The Sony Report has also removed the word profitable from its immediate aims, likely in light of the ongoing component shortage that has caused hardware prices to soar. So yeah, they're like, hey, look, we're not going to be profitable right now, but maybe AI will bring it back.
Speaker 2: And it's just like, oh, they have no answers to this, and of course they don't.
Speaker 1: Like we were just talking about Taylor, this is a very difficult problem to solve. The one lever that a big company like Sony could hole is they could spend more money making a game than anyone else, and they sort of work themselves into a shoot there where now they kind of have top would have to do that same thing.
Speaker 2: They'd have to spend more.
Speaker 1: Money than they're comfortable with, I think, and that's that's the position they find themselves in as they.
Speaker 2: Go to p S six. So yeah, it's it's a rock and a hard place.
Speaker 1: Man, What do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean? I am curious.
Speaker 3: I mean, like like I'm an AI skeptic for sure, by a by no search of the imagination of my giant AI guy.
Speaker 2: But I mean I think I think there are I I mean I I think, you know, in a lot of ways, like.
Speaker 3: The the affordability of A and the speed of AI has sort of proven itself to be it's a less thing, gayzy or whatever. Yeah, yeah, and so I think there's there there's a lot to be said there where it's like, hey, you know, like I think the pendulums and swinging back pretty hard on the AI thing. I think that there's gonna be a situation where a lot of companies are being like, Okay, you know, now that we have to pay for tokens, Now that we have to pay for you know, the usage of this thing, Hey, maybe we don't need to use it as much as we used to it.
Speaker 2: We thought we maybe a human would be cheaper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly, and and and you know, and we don't have to take the pr hit again from using AI. So so yeah, it's a whole thing. I'm really curious, uh, you know, like it it's so hard because like A is one of those things that I'm like, I'm I'm kind of I'm not kind of I'm morally opposed to an artistic expression, but I'm also wondering what happens when it goes away. What's gonna what that crash is going to look like? You know, we thought it was gonna be the you know, the n f T thing was going to be this big, you know, universal crash, but this is so much bigger.
Speaker 2: This is much much bigger order to make.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's gonna be really curious to see what happens when that money is no longer coming in and what's gonna happen to game developers, And I'm really really nervous about that, especially with the state of the industry right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I think that the issue is that these companies are, like even Sony at this point, like when we kind of can look around and see that the expenditure required to do AI on the scale that they're talking about doesn't make sense. Maybe it will one day, that's what they are choosing to believe, I guess, but in this moment, it doesn't look like it. And that's that's your your plot sort of to dig yourself out of the hole of figuring out what's next. And it's like, you know, PlayStation is on top of this heap in a lot of ways. They do make a lot of money from gaming, but they do like it is a cyclical business and you have to sort of restart everything every few years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They did solve that in a big way with the PlayStation Online PlayStation network. They're with the play we're going from PS four to PS five. They did not experience the massive decline in revenue that they saw in all previous like one generation to the next transitions, and so it's like, okay, so they can kind of pave that over and make things work. But it's people do seem like they're like beginning to get burnt out by the things that drove that, which was Fortnight's and and maybe Grand Theft Auto onlines now I guess maybe Grand Theft Auto six comes and changes that.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, they know that, like they're like this stuff could fall apart on them at any moment, so they have to try something. And every time we're like kind of waiting to be like, all right, sony, you're the big creative company with a lot of money, who owns this space.
Speaker 2: What are your answers?
Speaker 1: And they just never seem to have anything that feels like it's going to sustain them long term.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh we have clearly like obviously not right.
Speaker 1: Yes, they like they're just completely long and they don't even have the benefit of being like really profit right, They're they're profit margins they were just saying are three percent, which is below inflation. That's basically losing money therefore, so yeah, like they're completely lost.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: The scary part to me though, is like the company on top is also lost. It's like everyone is has their back to the wall here and it's looking around for an escape. And the levers they pull are AI exclusives, the thing that they were doing a couple of years ago, and they're like, well, that's not making enough money, so it's change it. And like, well, now we're not making enough money, so it's change it back. And then what else are they? Like, are they going to do a new generation that's going to be one thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Uh? It's you know, you know I feel this way.
Speaker 1: I remember had Jason Tryer on the couch and kind of like talking him about it, is like, yeah, no, it's gonna get way fucking worse. I can't say this on Bloomberg TV when I go on there, but it's just gonna get worse. And it's like, yeah, I don't think there are a lot of answers. That's what this keeps saying, keeps saying to me when they talk about ali AI.
Speaker 3: Like this, Yeah, I'm really really curious. It's gonna be a situation.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: May I recommend and rather than video games, you get into a tabletop war gaming.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna paint. Look at the end of this little dude like, look a little orc guy. He's got a hammer and like a little like a little visor like you know.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, man, it's the the get get back out there into the real world.
Speaker 2: It sucks out there.
Speaker 3: It's kind of I mean, I'm again, I live in La so it's uh, it's a little stinky right now with all the we keep having fires.
Speaker 2: So uh you know that's how this that's how this life works. So uh so yeah, it's it's it's gonna be it's gonna be weird.
Speaker 1: I might just I might just skip over painting the little guys and go straight to like painting tanks and planes and stuff, some World War II stuff.
Speaker 3: I've got a tank sitting somewhere over here. Hell yeah, he's not he's not painted yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show me, show me what you got. I just got him primed up. This is a tonk oh look at that. That's yeah. I love that.
Speaker 3: It's got a little rott got a little rotating guy and I I'm thinking orange.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking yeah, okay, like like a nice like like a like a like an.
Speaker 1: Advanced word advanced wars. Yeah, hell yeah, okay, please show me when you're done.
Speaker 2: I love I will certainly.
Speaker 3: I will certainly show you when I when I have completed my talk, shouts out the tonk, shout outs out the talk.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's wrap up that conversation. We're going to take a break, everybody. When we come back, plenty more headlines to get into, including is any mush you're gonna move? We don't know yet. We'll talk about it right after these messages. If you want to skip out on these giant bomb dot com saus joined premium members, get app reversions, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: It's Game mess Mornings. That's Taylor coc I'm Jeff Grubb. We are going to get back into the headlines here with Annie Musha Way of the Sword maybe releasing earlier than planned. This is from John Clark at Day one. The year of Capcom being Awesome is set to continue with their latest title, Anni Mushow Way of the Sword. It's set to release in late September, in what is already a very busy period. However, at least according to one Retailerani Musha Way of the Sword may be releasing earlier than planned. This discussion all stems from a recent post shared on Blue Sky from cheap ass Gamer, which I'm glad it's still out there doing their thing, which lists one retailer, pm P Games as having set a new estimated shipping date as September fourth instead of September twenty fifth, Taylor, were you paying much attention to all these release dates getting piled up at the end of September because everyone wants to avoid I guess Call of Duty in October and then Grand Theft Auto six in November.
Speaker 2: You see all this. I was noticing this during the during SGF.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh wait, hold on, there's a lot of stuff happening in September, which is I feel like it's kind of a September is a weird relief, know right, Like it's.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, I mean, it's not like super crazy, but it's it's not like an.
Speaker 1: Unheard of for holidays, right if you say holidays a game has come out in September after saying it was coming out during the holidays before. But you're right, it's not like people usually come out for their big games, like the big game that they want to sell for the holidays October and November, and there were so many in September and specifically that last week of September.
Speaker 2: You like everyone knew what was happening. It is not some mystery, it's not rocket science.
Speaker 1: We know what happened here, and then it happened so much that now they had the same exact problem of like, oh, you know, instead of just competing with Grand Theft Auto or Wolverine or whatever, now we're dealing with just countless other games that maybe are at the same scale that we're at, and this could be a problem, and maybe even a bigger problem. So I was kind of wondering, all right, if someone was gonna break, do they try to break and go like, oh, maybe we'll come out in early November and go out like come out two weeks before Grand Theft Auto and hope that we can sort of survive there, or do they try to move it up and here we are the first one might be moving up.
Speaker 2: I guess we have not had this confirmed yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think there's I think you anywhere within a I don't want to put a hard date on it, but like it feels like anywhere between like three to four weeks of Grand Theft Auto is like pretty brave.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think ocriant of Time remake might do that because it's it's oh yeah, it's where there will be no Grand the Thoughto and at Zelda.
Speaker 2: It'll be fine. Yeah, that'll be fine.
Speaker 3: I think I think Nintendo is sort of immune to this, yes, just because they're Nintendo, and you know, quite frankly, I'll be buying Acreanta time before I buy Yeah, that's just me. I'm I'm not a big Grand Theftoto guy, just sort of generally. But do I even play five?
Speaker 2: Now they think about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't like play through the story of five, but I would. I would put it on install some Hods and me and Steph would have I mean just me, she was a teacher at the time. I would have Colorado Knights and just play around and mess around and try to see what mayhem we can get into.
Speaker 2: And that was that's the way to play that.
Speaker 3: And this is completely off topic, but the the I think of Grand Theftoughto is like a game that my parents like.
Speaker 2: Weirdly, my parents are not gaming people, sure.
Speaker 3: But like my I have a very distinct memory of my mom playing Vice City and just mowing people down and cackling.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's a game that you could put you put in, like especially back then, you would put it on, it would captivate the entire house party. Like that's where I was playing it at the whole house partyd be like oh yeah, when is it my turn? And that we need but yeah, no, we'll pass the controller around and it would eventually get around to the mom that was there that was like yeah, it would normally just be drinking in the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely sadistic, just lowing people down.
Speaker 3: But anyway, yeah, no that I think there's like a weird because we talk about this every time a grand theft data comes out, right, like you know, like I remember talking about this on some podcast in twenty thirteen, talking about like you know what's gonna happen, and we got to get the hell out of the way. And then you know, every time they announced a new release date that is inevitably going to get delayed, everyone gets out of the way again. And it's it's weird because like at a certain point, I do I do kind of wonder if Theft Auto holds the same cachet that it once did. It's it's gonna sell a hundred billion copies anyway, I will.
Speaker 1: Probably actually literally sell one hundred million Grand Theft Auto five. I think is that, like, chan't correct me? Two hundred and fifty million copies sold?
Speaker 2: Like that? Yeah, that's it's nice.
Speaker 1: It's inexplicable, like it's legitimately hard to explain, but.
Speaker 2: It's like at a certain point, it's like that's gonna be the game that is it? Is it a one? Is that a one game year? The person who buys one game a year? Is that the one game that they buy?
Speaker 1: It's I know what I mean, I do think it is, though, I think it is. I think it's the reason that they buy a console. Now we'll see if they show up for these and more expensive consoles.
Speaker 2: But they I don't know.
Speaker 1: They might just be like, no matter what, I have to play Grand Theft Auto. I'll tell you what. When we were just talking about like, oh do we move the date forward or back? And you were saying the three to four week period of rank Grand Theft Auto avoid, I was like, yeah, do you have to? And you know, right, I see all these companies all deciding yes, you have to. And my guess here, my gut is gut reaction is they know something we don't they are looking at data and going, yeah, actually it is right to avoid that completely.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like one game is gonna sneak in in a few weeks beforehand and do way better than anyone's expecting I And there's also like gonna be yeah, oh yeah, for sure a friend stop game will just like actually take over that month and it will be very funny when we're all playing that way more than Grand Theft Auto six.
Speaker 2: Ye, you know, the whatever, whatever the New Peak is, it's gonna be like this game that is like, oh, why would I play Grand Theft Auto when I can play Peak, you know, Peak two. It's it's gonna be great. I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 1: We do have a story about the New Peak basically coming up here in a second. Let's uh, let's keep going. A CD Project Read CEO cis Cyberpunk didn't finish its Redemption arc. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC and basically the CEO basically said, er co CEO that Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven never full won back the trust that that CD Project read once had, And I think that's that's accurate. I think that game redeemed itself, but maybe didn't complete it to the point where it's like and now CD Project Read is unassailable the way it was coming out of Witcher three and going into Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven.
Speaker 2: I look, what does this story really mean.
Speaker 1: I'll just say to me, what it says is that it's good that they are still thinking that way, that they don't think that they have redeemed themselves completely, and that they're going to like maintain some humility and be kind of humble going into whatever Witcher four is gonna be.
Speaker 2: And that's what that's what the story says.
Speaker 1: He's like, Hey, we're we intend to sort of like get back to that point with the next game and make sure that it launches in a way that is nothing like Cyberpunk. I. You know, at this point does feel like a little bit forgotten just how bad Cyberpunk was at launch, Like it got delisted from PlayStation. Jeff Kerseman did an interview in Germany because the news that the news there was like what's going on with the Cyberpunk game? Like it was crazy, it was off the chain crazy. So, yeah, they got that game to a point where most people like it quite a bit. I think it's a good game. I don't think it never became a great game for me, but it's clearly a good game at least, and a lot of people do think it's great. So now this studio going into Witcher four, I don't think they're in some like precarious footing, but they are not on the same footing they once were.
Speaker 2: Do you think they can regain it? I mean shit, I hope so. And like you know, the Witcher three is one of my favorite games of all time. Like, I fucking love the Witcher three. I don't know, I have this.
Speaker 3: I have this really odd memory of so back when in when that game was coming out. It was twenty twenty right, or might have been early twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Here comes my cat the.
Speaker 3: The I was working at a company called ven TV. I don't know if people remember ven TV almost don't worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was uh.
Speaker 1: It was a good way to make a bunch of money and then get fired. Yeah one of those industry Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: But I remember we we we were playing it, playing one point zero on stream and having our I was a writer, and then our hosts were playing it on stage and.
Speaker 2: Holy ship.
Speaker 3: That game was bad, like it was immediate, like it was crazy, like we we did we did like a week of cyberpunk, or we planned to do a week of cyberpunk.
Speaker 2: The first day we did character creation. The second day we started you know, the first.
Speaker 3: Mission, and it was like, oh, this is fucked like it's it's we We stopped doing it like after day two because we're like this game just it looks bad like we had. You know, this is a company that spent way too much money on hardware. If you if anyone nobody remembers mean TV. The only people in the industry remember me. But uh, we had this massive stage with led lights and the blah blah blah and like you know, super fancy screens and everything, and so we're putting it up on the big screen and we got you know, whatever we must have had.
Speaker 2: I think it was probably thirty nineties at the time, whatever the high whatever the high end shit in the hardware was, and it was just it looked bad, It played bad. It was buggy as shit, and.
Speaker 3: It was like whoa okay, you know, coming off the Witch of Three, which again I don't want I want people to remember this like like this is something that people don't talk about. The Witcher three enough, that was also fucked at launch, Like it was fucked.
Speaker 1: But like right, and the reputation built over time, and it was like set by the way people came to that game, which is most people who played Witcher three came to it years later.
Speaker 2: The majority of that audience came into it years later.
Speaker 1: The majority of the audience that played Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven at this point probably still is on day one.
Speaker 2: It sold a ton of copies on day one. So yeah, that's the big difference. There'll so Zaric, Yes, shout out to Fife. Emma's was the best. Yes, uh but uh yeah I was Emma's writer. I wrote a lot of ones that came out of m as my Emma's mouth.
Speaker 3: Uh but uh no, but uh yeah, like it's again, yeah, the Witcher three, Like they changed the way that garyl moved in that game, Like yes, that's right, Like they they revamped movement in that game, not just like bug fixes or anything, like, they.
Speaker 2: Revamped the way it feels to interact with the character. Yes, yes, like and and and.
Speaker 3: If you go back even further, like I mean, I think I'm I'm a Witcher two guy, like I love Witcher three, but like I'm a Witcher two guy.
Speaker 2: But if you go back, you can play the first Witcher, which I think that remake just came out. They're doing.
Speaker 1: I think they're doing a full remake that's coming soon. Ye oh right there, right, yeah, yeah, there's like the enhanced editions.
Speaker 2: Sorr. I'm gonna make sure my other cat doesn't jump on my don't jump on my knise, my kiddy cat. The there are too many cats in this household. And by that I mean too you mean two is too many cats? Uh huh uh. But the.
Speaker 3: But no, yeah, you go back to the Witch A one, and I think people were when they played the remaker are going to realize.
Speaker 2: That game is also fucked, like like like City Project Red doesn't make at least on.
Speaker 3: Launch when a game. When when a new Wacher game launches or new City Project Red game launches, it's oftentimes not great.
Speaker 1: They're they're doing so much and yeah, and I think they focused on a handful of things and then they almost just do need that brute force of a critical mass of people playing it to be like here's where the real friction points are uh. Now, of course they probably could test that stuff out, but they they've been they were kind of like a scrappier than you know, Central European develop part that was just like we're going to figure this out and put it out there and try to make some money and then we'll go uh.
Speaker 2: And now they they kind of don't have that that pass anymore.
Speaker 1: They do have to get it right at launch because people have such huge expectations for these things. Now, that's not the way people people like people talked about the Witcher and then Witcher two was like, oh, you know that this kind of continues, and then they got better. And then Witcher three came out and said, wait, this is pretty good except for this and this and this, and then as the expansions came out for Witcher. So that's when things really clicked. That's when it really changed.
Speaker 2: So now, yeah, blood and Wine is the name of the lesion. I think so, yes, oh the exceptional. It's just tremendous, like it's it's when they hit they hit.
Speaker 3: Yes, but no, but I mean I think, yeah, I think you're right, like you're talking about like you know, you heard whispers of the Witcher early on, like I remember, you know, thinking of it like twenty ten, twenty eleven, twenty.
Speaker 1: I remember, I remember Vinnie talking about it. Yeah, I remember him like being a Witcher guy, which are one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you just sort of heard like, you know, this sort of like euroslop is what we were calling it at the time. We've been calling games slop for a long time. It was like that, and like Metro twenty thirty three and like Stalker, we're sort of all in the same conversation. Was there like this weird like Eastern European.
Speaker 1: Like chance then, you know, and that we were calling it euro jank but maybe euro jink. That's what it was, absolutely euro jank. My apologies, chat that was my bad. They take their very seriously over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like.
Speaker 3: There's but there is, uh, there's a lot of that sort of stuff floating around at the time. And and when the Witcher two came out, sort of that that sort of like euro jank thing kind of exploded and and saying like oh, this can sort of transcend that these aren't these aren't games for complete sickos. These are games that can sort of like be interesting in their own rights and I think and and and I have a theory here, but like we can talk about this later, we'll talk about this scrub, but it's it's it's I think I think from Soft did a lot of work for them. Yeah, in that like those when Demon Souls and Dark Souls started to get it started to pop off, They're like people like, oh, we can play junky games and get weird with it, and so like then people were kind of more ready for the Wincher two. People were kind of more ready to go back to the Witcher one. People were ready to play you know, those metro games or Stalker. I think I think there was like that sort of like change in mentality of like hey, we can play these jinky hard games kind of shifted over and people were saying like, oh now we can now that this feels a little bit better to uh to play those games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think from Stuff did a lot of work.
Speaker 1: You're right to like sort of open up people's tastes and and kind of get it get it away from the shiniest, most most machene, most polish, just massive games that obviously had a ton of money spent on them, and instead it was like, what's actually.
Speaker 2: Happening here, like what can I actually interact with? How does it feel to play? And from stuff does should get somedit for that? All right, let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: Unreal Engine veteran leaves Epic Games says the industry is at a pivotal point. This is from Chris calling at VGC sort of just used this as a jumping off point for kind of where that Unreal Engine developer updates sort of left things sejored DeJong has worked with Unreal since he was fifteen back in nineteen ninety nine, and he's been at Epic, I think for the last twelve years. And he just said, after twenty seven years of Unreal Engine and twelve years at Epic Games and Unreal Engine, I have decided to move on.
Speaker 2: Last week was my last week at Epic.
Speaker 1: This has been an awesome ride that has been truly has been truly life changing in so many ways. I didn't have an easy child, childhood or youth, and things weren't going anywhere, but all that changed entirely when I discovered Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine one, two, three put me on a very interesting trajectory for life, which in turn had a profound impact on myself as a person, my personal growth and opportunities that opened up, and then Unreal Engine four and five did it all over again. Having gone through the whole of the Unreal Engine four era and then the Unreal Engine five era. While at Epic, it gave me a tremendously wide and deep view across the industry and the world, dozens of countries visited.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. Let me kind of jump here.
Speaker 1: But all that being said, I feel this era has come to a close and it is time to move forward. The industry is in a very interesting place. The games industry has always been an interesting uh an industry where change is relentless and inevitable. But it feels like we are reaching a pivotal pivotal point now and a potent mix of things. As much as I love the old ways of working, I think it would be strategic to come to terms with where this is heading and to work out how to adapt and excel at solving the challenges and opportunities that we face.
Speaker 2: Let's see where we end up.
Speaker 1: Jeong does not say that he's leaving because of AI, but this does come as Unreal Engine six the sort of debut of that thing, made a big deal about Hey, uh, you know that thing, that visual scripting language that UNRE had that Expedition thirty three was coded in, and that Game of the Year was coded in that everyone really loved.
Speaker 2: Well, we're we're getting rid of that. We're not going to have that anymore.
Speaker 1: Instead, just use claud code to do everything, rigging, to make the textures for your characters, animations, everything will be done in Claude code. And I think people who sort of here's what it sounds like to me, this person DeJong, is it like fell in love with the with becoming an expert in how these systems work together to make games, And to them that was the art, that was the thing that drove their passion.
Speaker 2: And I think that comes through here.
Speaker 1: And I think it's also one of the things that probably made this industry special over the last fifteen years or so and going far beyond that. And they see that slipping away and getting replaced by something else. Now, the very optimistic argument would be, well, this is democratization. Everyone can now make something. But I think there's something be said for uh, there was a there's a wizard back there working an epic that really knows how all this stuff works and they're making magic happen.
Speaker 2: And that's my own experience, right, Like you know, you like try.
Speaker 1: To see how these people like you go play some like vibe coded games or whatever, like okay, let's see if anyone's actually making anything here, and then you go play something by someone who actually knows what they're doing, or like, you know, we have Chuck made a game for us, you know, a while back, and it's like that was just someone figuring out how this stuff works. And having that person that actually knows how things work is still special to me, and I don't want this industry to lose that, but they might be opting to leave because they don't see a future for themselves.
Speaker 2: This is yeah, Grant Wild, Yeah, it seems it seems dark, Like I mean, it's it's it's.
Speaker 3: We obviously have to have creatives in the industry, right, Like I mean, that's that's that's important. But like you know, games are so technical and making games is such a technical endeavor that it when you start losing the people that can kind of do both, it gets a little wonky.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's I don't even know where I don't even know where to start with it, because.
Speaker 3: It's it's one of those things where you're like, yeah, people, you know, you have the classic concept in the videogame industry of the idea guy, right, and every every sixteen year old kid imagines himself to be the idea guy for a new game. Yeah, and I've got this great idea for a game and I and I just need to find somebody to code it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, when you're sixteen, that's like a thought that at least I had, And when you start losing that sort of technical know how, it's it's such a bummer.
Speaker 1: It's like it even like goes like I'm trying to think of other examples, Like there's that whole idea in painting of like my kid could paint that, right, and and it's like okay, yeah, well, but why does it feel different when Jackson Pollock does it?
Speaker 2: Like why does it feel bad?
Speaker 1: Why does it feel better when Picasso, who could paint perfectly photorealistic pictures if he wanted to, then decide to do something different that you that you claim you could do, and maybe you could do something that looks sort of has the same shape to it. But does it have the understanding underneath? And that understanding comes through the art and is noticeable, It makes it adds power to it. And I think that's the thing that we're talking about losing here, and that like that the struggle of going through all the learnings, the processes and the lessons of becoming someone who can build anything. And then if they then decide to try something else that is simple and basic, you're like, oh, wait, what do they know that I don't?
Speaker 2: And I want to go discover it.
Speaker 1: If it's just some Yahoo typing in a prompt, it's so devoid of meaning that it kind of it breaks the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it you have to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to have that intentionality there, right, Like you have to like and and art is so much better when there's an understanding of the of the background behind it. Like you said, I mean I think a lot about like uh oh, oh, oh my god, four thirty three. Uh Jesus Christ the composer. Oh that's gonna drive me crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, look it up real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: John Cage, John John Cage, Who's was a was a uh proficient Like and then you think about four thirty three which is just silence for for minutes and thirty three seconds. It's brilliant, right, and and like you know that that's sort of like the base level of that, like and people go, oh, you know, it's you know, it's it's it's just him sitting.
Speaker 2: There, and it's like.
Speaker 3: No, man, like you like, the intention is there, and like, you know, the end of the understanding is you know, it's about depth and it's about listening and it's about blah blah blah. The man under stands in the art.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so like when you think about a game, like, oh, what's a good example, Uh, thirty Flights of Loving is a great example of a game that just got an update for summer.
Speaker 2: Why do they add saves? Why do they had saved the thirty Flights of Love in the games like seventeen minutes long? Weird? Just just play it. Also, if you haven't played thirty Flights of Loving, chat play thirty Flights of Loving. It's amazing. I'm not I will, I'm gonna go do. It's great. Uh it's such a simple game.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not simple in the on the back end of the technology that I'm sure that the technology behind it is is sure.
Speaker 2: But it presents its like anyone could do that, right, yeah, right or yeah, And and the graphics are kind of you know, minimalists and like style very stylized. Uh uh.
Speaker 3: And you know it's it's a it's a it's a collection of short snippets and there's not really a lot of game quote unquote gameplay behind it. But then you you think about the the the intent behind it, and and and the artistry and the the way that these guys crafted.
Speaker 2: Are very core experience or very tight experience.
Speaker 1: That that.
Speaker 2: You start to understand what's going on in that world, right, like you start to really write it.
Speaker 1: I mean, even like where it's like a game where I don't care about the intention, the fact that it's there I think does matter. Like even if like it's something I ignore, the fact that that's something that I can ignore matters to me. It kind of makes it feel like I'm making a choice separate from the artist. I'm in conversation with them, but I got to feel like they are at least on my level. If I'm going to put my time and engagement into this thing, I want to feel like that's a conversation worth having, And again, I'm not going to feel that way if it's just pooped out in a prompt. So yeah, I think we are going to see a little bit of a lot of people like who are who have built their careers by being experts look around and go, wait, do I need to find some other ground to go to? And I'm interested to see how it shakes out, and I hope that they don't go too far because we're probably gonna need them again once all this insanity goes away. All right, last couple of stories here. Devil May Cry remake kind of got it got rumored like there's a remake of the first one. Maybe it's a claimed that it's pretty far along. Andrew Hint, heightened over Insider Gaming, was like, hey, there's someone who's an Elika that's been hit or miss saying this. I'll just point out that Devil May Cry five had its best year ever, like this last year, like better than it's its launch year. It's sold more cop It's sold more copies, I should say did obviously, probably it probably didn't make more money. Those are probably selling for five dollars, but more people are playing those games than ever before, and the idea here that Capcom wouldn't remake a game is insane.
Speaker 2: They clearly are the masters of that right now.
Speaker 1: So them looking at Devil May Cry, seeing that franchise sort of on the upswing, I think that naturally leads them to this. And if it's not in the works now, I think it probably will be. So yeah, I expect that. I said, how about you?
Speaker 3: I mean, like CAPCOMs on a roll right, like Captain Yeah, crushing it, might as well keep it going, like I mean, like they have like what I was, like like three games coming out this year, and like all of them are looked sick, yes, and so why not have another piece of little bit of filler? I mean, Don't make Cry is cool?
Speaker 2: Man? Like those kids are sweet? Yeah, I mean Dover May Cry one is no d m C. That's right, hell rest in Peace Ninja theory.
Speaker 3: Uh but uh, but like those games are cool, Like like I would I would love to go back and play the first time with Might Cry.
Speaker 1: I have, I would years and years and years. I think this would be great. I think this is the exact sort of thing you do. And then, like Chat says you, then you remake DMC two into a good game. And that's that's what Capcom does. It's like, yeah, we'll give you the game you love again, We'll make a new game. Now, we'll take this other game that was a little bit spotty more turn into something else that. They have this down to a science now, and Devil May Cry is definitely one of those ones that feels like it's on the precipice of reaching that next tier of popularity, and I think they can sort of bring that home. We Cry on the RI engine would be rad I think it's it's yes, absolutely, and I think we're gonna kind of see how that expands here pretty soon. I did skip that story about Mecha Chameleon selling seven million copies.
Speaker 2: That's that. Yeah. I had a good bit about putting on my Mecca hat. Yeah, oh there, it's good. Yeah. Have you seen what Mecha Chameleon is. It's that game.
Speaker 1: It's it's a friends slap game where players are basically just like stick figures and you go into a detailed world and it's hide and seek, but you can paint your body. So people who are really good artists are like putting themselves in front of the Mona Lisa and then like repainting the Mona Lisa on their body and blending in perfectly with the painting, and then people can't or like that's cool, or like three friends will come together and the like they painted themselves to look like the turtle next to another turtle and they did get caught, but it's great. The one player just comes out with a gun. You got to look for the person and see if you can find them. It looks like a lot of fun. I would be terrible at this game. I kind of wanted I would be truly truly dog shit at it. Yea, and the I I mean, anytime I get to shoot my friend with a gun, that's cool.
Speaker 2: But that's what for. That's that's all. That's all, that's all you need. No, but I think that there wouldn't be no that sounds rad I'm like, I'm kind of I'm not. I'm sure there. It's popping off on Twitch right now, and I will certainly social media check that out.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of clips on Instagram. That's kind of where I've been seeing. Although yeah, I was told to play this like as it was coming now, I'm like, I will get around to it, and I'm like, oh, we should have played it earlier, but we'll make it happen soon.
Speaker 2: Last story is a PSA.
Speaker 1: If you have not reserved or like pre ordered your Steam controller yet, it's out, but you've kind of have to pre order to get into the queue, Yours will not be fulfilled until twenty twenty seven at the earliest, to says Steam the hell, so those things are selling like crazy? Yeah, it's what Yeah, it's it's June. In case you're yes, and that's what you're asking, it's June now, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's June. It's twenty twenty six, right, Yes.
Speaker 1: It's twenty twenty six, so twenty like so six months from now you might get one like they have.
Speaker 3: You said twenty twenty. When you said twenty twenty seven, my brain went, oh, it's that's two years from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, I hope. No, this is this is where we're at. We're just barreling forward through time in a way that is just unconscionable. All right, that does it for the headlines. Yeah, obviously they got a pair of Steam controllers with a lot of Steam machines and stuff like that, so they got to save some aside, all right, everybody. Let's see here, let's start wrapping things up. There was no poll question from Friday or because we were off on Friday, but then on one from Thursday either. So we did the Bomb twelve. We'll have a new Bomb twelve this week. Go over to giant bomb dot com submit your game for the Bomb twelve. There's a vote here button.
Speaker 2: To the left. Click on that.
Speaker 1: I do have a new pole question, which we'll get to here in a second before we do that, Taylor Cock, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, you can find me on Blue skuy uh tailor cocked up Blue Sky or whatever that tailor my handles tailor Cock there you'll find me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's it's the one where my last name is. The penis is the penis word with an e on the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, penis word with any That should just be your handle. Actually it was for a while.
Speaker 3: And then if you want to find I have just recently started a blog writing about amateur or writing about miniature war gaming. So if you want to find me, there is amateur our War dot games. Uh So, if you want to find me over there. I will be writing a blog at least once a week about the games that I've been playing. This week, I will be writing about this Quar's War, which is these little dudes right here, little anti your motherfuckers. This guy man, This guy's got a tea kettle.
Speaker 2: And I bet my kids would be in this too.
Speaker 1: Into painting miniatures as well. Actually they love little craft stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I get. It's an it's a blast, a lot of fun, more skills.
Speaker 1: H excellent, all right, let's see her new poll question. Did you get a Steam controller yet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: Or I'm not get anyone? That's your poll question. We'll get the results on Wednesday, because tomorrow's Tuesday, and we do the BombCast on Tuesday. Then we're back with the Games Mornings show for the rest of the week after that. Uh, let's see, it's it's fishing week, everybody, It's fishing week. You could see c Man partying with us up there, I think, or maybe up there. Yeah, well we don't trust him, but he's there. You could tap on the glass just exclamation point tap and chat. You got to use your channel points to talk to him. It's incredible work. I'm so excited about this, but hey, then we're gonna be playing fishing games. This morning, I played Umagari, which is a Japanese spear fishing game, where I got eaten by a giant mouth in a way that I wasn't expecting. There was a there was a fish in a schoolgirl outfit.
Speaker 2: Didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Worse, there was a school or No, there was a fish in a straight jacket. Didn't didn't even like.
Speaker 2: That seems better considering the fish is contained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, okay, right, we're keeping it sort of into itself and away from us.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, seaman should be on a straight jacket for sure. I'm gonna play through the rest of that game in the morning the rest of this week. But then we have all kinds of other fishing games happening. Let me see here, I got some stuff sort of generally planned out. Uh later today we're gonna do voodoo fishing. We're gonna do some voodoo fishing. This is a friends slop fishing game. Uh so look out for that. And then we'll have stuff like Sega bass fishing later this week, and we're gonna do some web fishing for upf We're gonna hang out all this week. It's gonna be great. Go to store dot giant bomb dot com to check out our Fishing Week merch. It's really really good, and thanks everybody for hanging out with us this week. Really gonna enjoy it all, right, let's see her, I think. With all that out of the way, let's hop out of here. Taylor Cock, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games.
Speaker 2: Man, I really appreciate it. Of course.
Speaker 1: Same time, thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience gaming. Until next time, have a good one. Take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: It's colding here. I'm getting scared.