Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Good evening, modern travelers, won't you be? I guess we have pushed by and living at his very best. This automatic sleep control in every bed and a predigested food is cooked. Bye infra red.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, re live what you say.
Speaker 4: Mister t.
Speaker 5: K IF I am six forty.
Speaker 6: It's Later with Mo Kelly and we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and we're also live on Instagram at mister Kelly, m R M O K E L L Y and as customary on Thursdays, we're joined in the studio by Ms Marshall Collier, our in house tech Pundit.
Speaker 5: Good to see you, Marsha.
Speaker 7: Good to see you too, Mo, and I'm hit me up also on Instagram, Marsha Collier.
Speaker 5: You have toys with you tonight?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, I get get sometimes I get things to review. But this was a gift from another brand, not that brand. It was just a gift because I was nice, I guess, and they sent it to me and I wasn't really sure. I haven't played with it enough. It scares me a little bit. It's made by the company. You know, the Thera gun. Yeah, my husband, all you guys you got hit Thera guns. I can't use that thing pounding on my legs and back and.
Speaker 6: I oh, I swear by it, swear by it. I had like tight hamstrings. I used that theragn for like ten minutes. How's a new man?
Speaker 7: Okay, So what you're holding right there is smart Goggles. It's an ie mask and smart eye massager and it's the only imask powered by smart sense technology.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 5: Now when I okay it.
Speaker 6: When I walked to the studio, Tawala had it on and it looked like he was using some sort of augmented reality thing.
Speaker 5: But it's nothing like that.
Speaker 7: Nothing, nothing like this. All it does is it su supposedly, and I've been told by people that it sues headaches. It makes you calmer, which is interesting. I massagers, by the way, are really popular right now, and this is nice Valentine's Day present. I've seen them on sale as low. This is the first version for one hundred and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 6: Great deal that's reasonably priced when you think about other similar products in the market.
Speaker 7: Right, and this lowers seventy one percent of people say it lowered anxiety. Twenty three percent put it on before they went to bed and it improved their sleep quality because you can put a timer on it to shut off.
Speaker 6: I tried it when we were at the break before we started, and it felt like the sensation was like some one was massaging most of my head and face.
Speaker 9: That's that's just what you want.
Speaker 6: No, But I was ready to go to sleep, and I said, I can't go to sleep, and I got a shoulder too, but I could. I was staying like, yeah, I could see myself sitting in a chair. I don't sleep on my back, this would be too cumbersome to use sleeping on my stomach. But I could see myself sitting in like a like a lounge chair or something and having this over my eyes and I would be.
Speaker 5: Gone and in ten minutes or so, very relaxed.
Speaker 7: It has so many different settings, crazy amount of settings that you can set it for anything you want. You can customize the massage sessions. You can also on there. There's a great app and that's how you control it is an app on an iPhone.
Speaker 6: Your husband is in studio and he's controlling it right now from his iPhone iPhone.
Speaker 5: Look not everyone's perfect, okay.
Speaker 7: Right, but anyway, Yeah, so it's on an iPhone and you can control it from there. You can even get your heart rate insights, which is interesting because I saw some in the demo pages I looked at where people's heart rate actually went down.
Speaker 6: Well, I can see that. That makes perfect sense. It's the very relaxing sensation.
Speaker 7: Now there are buttons on there which toggle three preset modes smart, Relax, Focus, and Sleep, and each mode defaults to fifteen minute sessions, or you can increase or decrease the time. So people say they don't like futs in with the buttons, but because we're on Android, we got to learn how to fux with the buttons.
Speaker 6: Right, well, let me ask you this. I haven't seen the app. Your husband has worked with the app. When you're using the app, how extensive are the options that you can toggle? Come on, come on, kurb, we're gonna get you on the mic. Now, don't be shy.
Speaker 4: There there's about twenty there's about twenty different what do you call programs or things like that that you can use. And you can also vary the heat and you can vary the intensity of the pulse.
Speaker 5: You can vary the heat. Yeah, yeah, what kind of like that.
Speaker 9: It's an amazing product. I'm just.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, let's be honest. If one has injectibles, I'm not sure it's the best idea. But I would have to check with a doctor about that.
Speaker 5: I haven't used any injectibles.
Speaker 6: I you know, I'm not trying to keep my wrinkles, but I'm not going to never mind.
Speaker 5: I got never mind.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm not sure how that works with that.
Speaker 7: So I'm a little nervous because the injectables are very expensive.
Speaker 9: If one was to get.
Speaker 6: It, well, let me put it a different way. It does feel snug on your face.
Speaker 7: It does, and you can loosen it so that when you're lying backwards, it's just resting on your face a little bit more. Everybody says the smart goggles are a great thing, you know, and I look at them and I they're beautiful, I think. And it's made by their body who makes the thera gun. So you know, let me they has vibration, it has massage.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, from a just a line of products standpoint, are we at the beginning or are we fully in this era of these.
Speaker 5: Types of massage products.
Speaker 6: You know, it's one thing we had the vibrating chair or the vibrating bed of the nineteen seventies, but now we're getting into these very specialized products.
Speaker 7: Well, notice this is not AI this is a mechanical device.
Speaker 9: And I think there are the price point.
Speaker 7: The retail price of this is one hundred and ninety nine ninety nine, So at the price point, I think it's great. I think a lot more stuff is being made for health, but whether it's valuable or whether it's good, Like I just recently bought a mask that has if you put heat around your eyes, it's good for dry eyes. So it can't I'll be testing that comes with the thing. You break it, it heats up on its own to the exact temperature you need.
Speaker 5: Kind of like those instant ice packs or heat.
Speaker 7: Pass exactly or yeah, that I used when I was in Alaska, right.
Speaker 6: Right, or we use them on the court if someone gets injured, you punch it and all of a sudden it's instant hot or instant cold, whatever you need.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: So, all these new things are becoming more useful, and because let's face it, the prices are going up on so much MM hmm. I want to look and bring to everybody who listens reasonably priced things that are kind of superrific.
Speaker 6: It's Later with Mo Kelly Marshall Call your Tech Thursday joins me in studio.
Speaker 5: We'll have more in just a moment.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: In the next half century, people will see as well as here around the world. Pocket sized radio instruments will enable individuals to communicate with anyone anywhere. Newspapers, magazines, mail and messages will be sent through the air at lightning speed.
Speaker 10: Keeping in touch by means of the amazing you. Bell Boy is the bell system's answer today for doctors, salesmen, delivery men, or anyone who must be available at all times in the fast paced world of century twenty one. When someone calls and you are out, you can be reached by dialing your Bellboy code number. When you get a signal on a Bellboy, you can go to a phone to call your officer home and get the message.
Speaker 6: KFI AM six forty We're live everywherening iHeartRadio app is tech Thursday. Marsha Collier joins us in the studio and Marsha is so funny. I go back and look through those vintage commercials and there's always this idea of what the future will be in a technological sense. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't, and you can see how people had envisioned email or a pager, and then it does actually happen, but not quite the way it was originally imagined.
Speaker 7: I have a whole channel on my YouTube of old commercials. I mean, I just love old commercials because there's such a voice in the future and.
Speaker 9: I need to make a correction and an apology.
Speaker 7: The fair Body app is available on Android. You can get it for these wonderful goggles and it's a great gift.
Speaker 9: So that's There's that.
Speaker 5: What else do you have for us tonight?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: I got you some weird, weird stuff. Do you remember did you ever were you ever like an artist? Did you ever draw pictures?
Speaker 5: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 9: Okay? And remember did you ever trace things through light?
Speaker 5: Yes? I did? Yes.
Speaker 7: New new app that you're just gonna love. It's called Da vinci.
Speaker 5: I App as in like Leonardo.
Speaker 9: As in Leonardo.
Speaker 7: You just go to da vinciiapp dot com and the demo that I saw on the website is the guy had a glass and on that he had his phone and he projected using ar onto paper.
Speaker 5: AR is an augmented reality.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and he was tracing and doing portraits and beautiful pictures.
Speaker 9: And that is only it's called.
Speaker 6: It looks like an old Viewmaster from the next one.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it uses AR projector, so you can paint or sketch whatever you capture. It's an ar Art projector. The app costs nineteen ninety nine. I think that's a great it's nothing great gift. Get somebody that app and play with it yourself too. Now back to that lovely real Viewer that you looked at, remember Viewmasters?
Speaker 5: How could I forget?
Speaker 6: It had the circular disc that you will put in You see the different pictures I don't know of animals and stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was idiotic, but it was fun, right, Oh, it was great.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 7: There's a website called uncommon Goods dot com, which, by the way, is a great gift to find off the wall.
Speaker 5: Gift uncommon Goods dot com.
Speaker 7: Correct, and you search for real Viewer r ee L because it's a circle and a reel and between sixteen ninety five and thirty four ninety five, depending on what you want it made of. They have beautiful carved wood ones. The deal is you buy one of these at Uncommon Goods and they send it to you and it has chits in it that you can send in with seven photos, so you can have the pictures on either side and they're done from the different angles. So it's kind of the same three D effect that we had with the Viewmaster. And hey, that's under thirty five dollars for the most deluxe version they've made.
Speaker 6: I remember having a Viewmaster when I was a kid, so this is like maybe nineteen seventy three, seventy four. It was read and it was it was the most wonderful thing imaginable at that time.
Speaker 9: We know what to give them over for Christmas?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 6: All about that, look, I told my mother and to Walla is like always one of my Rock'em Sockem robot that I didn't get in the early nineteen seventy so like Twallly got me the rock'emstocking robots for Christmas one year.
Speaker 5: I'm into all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Okay, And this is great because they'll send you the disc with your own pictures on it. Let me jump ahead. Of course, there's Lego the Lego Flower bouquets, which is a great gift.
Speaker 5: If get out of my childhood.
Speaker 9: And that's forty seven ninety nine out wall.
Speaker 7: That's also reasonable, yes, And if you don't have that kind of money, there's rose Bouquet, two long stemmed red roses for fourteen dollars ninety nine cents at Lego dot com. I mean, and Legos are fun to put together. You know, you sit down, you relax. But this, this is the best thing that I found. I'm showing though the QFX Retro thirty nine shoe box tape recorder with USB player as in analog, as in analog, except you can push the music through with Bluetooth or obviously a USB connection. It's got a built in microphone, a built in speaker, and these are cassette tapes which you can also buy on Amazon, like five for ten dollars.
Speaker 5: Was like, can I find memorrex anywhere I looked?
Speaker 9: And those were memorycs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, and it's got an FM radio in it, a three point five millimeter headphone jack, which is that little jack to your old fashioned deer buds and that is thirty four to ninety nine.
Speaker 5: Everything old is new again.
Speaker 9: I mean, what fun you can make mixtapes.
Speaker 6: Well, not only that, And this is a conversation I had with Tuala. If you should have a lot of older analog media, this is a good way. With a little bit of help from a digital audio workstation, you can transfer that media to a digital format, just for posterity sake.
Speaker 9: Well, but you can do that and put it on CDs or DVDs.
Speaker 5: No you can't. I'm just saying because the analog would degrade over amount of time exactly.
Speaker 7: Now it does make the files into MP three four need to MP three format, But.
Speaker 9: You've got those. You know how to do this.
Speaker 7: You did it as a kid, and if you're a young one, ask somebody older to help you out.
Speaker 6: I remember that. I talked to young people today and they go on Spotify or YouTube or title and get whatever song they want. And I had to explain to my blended kids and nieces and nephews. Now we sat by the radio with a tape recorder right next to it, waiting for a song to come on. It could be hours in between us.
Speaker 7: You'd call in, Yes, you call into the station, can you please play?
Speaker 9: And you just sit there. I remember doing that all the time, and that was.
Speaker 6: The only way that you could get a recording because most of the time these were quote unquote singles which were not released individually.
Speaker 8: You had to go buy the full album exactly. You didn't have that type of money as a twelve year old exactly. But these are great and you can make mixtapes. If you don't know what that means, go ask somebody.
Speaker 7: Go ask an old person asking, that's gonna be our new new theme? Ask an old person, Yeah, mixtape, what is that? But you're gonna love it. It's so much fun and just looking at it just it's so retro.
Speaker 5: It brings back so many memories.
Speaker 7: And for thirty four ninety nine, I think that's a great gift with a pack ten dollars worth of tape.
Speaker 6: And you may not remember all of these great ideas and gifts, but make sure you check out the podcast later on. You can obviously listen to it iHeartRadio, app or iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Spreaker, Spotify, wherever you download your podcast, so don't forget. You can always go back and review this. And also you can reach out to Marshall call you're on social media.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 7: You can reach me at X or go to my website Marshall Collier dot com and go to the contact page.
Speaker 5: Better tell them how to spell your first.
Speaker 9: Name m A R s H A C O, L L I E R.
Speaker 6: Got two for one first name and last Next up, Marshall Callier, got a run. But I always appreciate talking to you because, as I said, I always learned something from you.
Speaker 5: This is fun, and we're gonna have some fun next week. Correct, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: All right, then you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I AM six forty