Speaker 1: The old time is here and no time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 1: So on with the show.
Speaker 3: Let's give it a go.
Speaker 4: Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: It's show side.
Speaker 5: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly and he's funny. This guy.
Speaker 1: Have you heard him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Sign Happy Corel Cast July fifteenth, Tuesday, So glad you are joining me?
Speaker 4: Is passion dead?
Speaker 3: I saw a movie last night that made me wonder, who's going to teach the future generations the passionate things that we so love or talk about that today?
Speaker 1: And Somac morn uncensored, unfiltered, fun hinged.
Speaker 4: He's the Cuell Cast.
Speaker 1: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 4: Happy Tuesday, July fifteenth.
Speaker 3: That is the Crell Cast. I am Carrel, so very glad you are joining me. All Right, we got a lot to talk about today, and you know, I want to start with politics being in your pocket.
Speaker 4: I know that sounds odd.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm not really one to jump on boycotts or do anything like that other than fix my microphone. But the other T Mobile announced that they were ending their DEI policy. Now, I've been a customer of T Mobile for eight years since I moved to Vegas. I've had no problem with their service. They are pricing was a little bit problematic. They went up on their senior plan, but I've had no reason to really switch until I did. And I switched yesterday to AT and T, which was complicated and dramatic. And I know I'm going to get screwed by AT and T because they're not really a great company. I had AT and T for decades prior to T Mobile, because at first, when you got your first iPhone, the very first iPhone, the only carrier at that time was AT and T. So I used them and I just stayed with them. But yesterday I switched. They are charging me all kinds of fees to leave, but AT and T says they'll pay those for me through Costco. I got AT and T through Costco, so allegedly I got a free phone, but it's not free. You have to stay with them for thirty six months and then they'll do a monthly credit and after thirty six months, the phone is paid for. It's not free. It is a contract. It's cell phone company. Screw you, but at least I'm gonna be screwed by a company that supports the LGBTQ community, meaning AT and T and politics often doesn't fit into your pocket, but sometimes it does. And sometimes if you're one, if you're like me, and you know, like I don't ever go to Target. I have no reason to go to Target. So I'm not boycotting Target. I just don't go. I use Walmart Plus. It's to me, it's my Amazon. I canceled Amazon. Walmart Plus is cheap. It's forty bucks a year. I get free Paaramount Plus. I get free home deliveries from Walmart. And they'll ship for free any product that they don't have. And they have about as much stuff as Walmart or as as Amazon. But I really don't like Amazon, and I don't like Jeff Bezos. I don't like Walmart either, So you gotta sometimes pick the lesser of the evils. When it comes to cell phone companies, I'm going to pick one that supports the LGBTQ community even a little bit. I know AT and T scaled back on their Pride sponsorships, but the CEO made it clear they are sticking with diversity. They are sticking with their LGBTQ policies, inclusion policies.
Speaker 4: So AT and T got me as a customer.
Speaker 3: You have to decide in your world what you're willing to take and what you're not. I was not willing to accept T Mobile completely canceling their DEI because of Donald Trump. They have two deals in front of Trump or the Justice Department, et cetera, and they want them to vote to allow them to do these deals. They know that they wouldn't have gotten approval if they had DEI policies, so they cut them proof that they never were our friends in the first place. People who can cut you out of their life when it's advantageous for them were never your friends.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 3: That applies to corporations or to human beings. If someone can simply just cut you out of their life just because, then they were never your friend. I have a friend that's blocked my phone twice because she didn't like what I had to say. I'm not talking to her now and that pains me and hurts me more than you know. Thirty seven years loving this person and I still love them. But friends don't block other friends. They just tell them I'm busy, I can't talk, or don't call me for a few days, I need some space or whatever. But they don't block them. If they can do that, then they never really loved you. They convinced themselves they did, but they didn't. If a company can cut and run from you when it's advantageous to that company, which all companies will do, by the way, then they.
Speaker 4: Were never your friend.
Speaker 3: And it proves that corporations like T Mobile were never the friend of the gay community.
Speaker 4: Or any community.
Speaker 3: They're pieces of paper, they're not real people. They don't have emotions, and they shouldn't have personhood. This is proof that corporation should not be protected by Citizens United. They should not have personhood because they are not people. They are faceless, mindless entities that only do what is best for business, and that's it. And a corporation is just a stack of documents minutes and meeting minutes and all of that's all a corporation is. It can't be your friend. T Mobile is not the friend of the LGBTQ community, and no gay person should support them, period. It's just that simple. If you're gay or lesbian, you should have nothing to do. You can't be by By the way, did you hear the Trump administration directed the National Parks Agency to remove all references of bisexual and transgender from the Stonewall Monument page. So now when you go to the National Park Service and you go to the Stonewall Monument page, it says gay and lesbian. It doesn't say buy or trans because Trump hates those. So you know, that's the world we live in. So goodbye T Mobile, Hello, AT and T. I got a new phone. It's not as good as my old phone. It's the exact same phone, but the battery goes dead faster, so I don't know what they're gonna do about that, but anyway, but it's cheaper forty seven dollars a month versus seventy, so I'm actually saving money with AT and T. If you want to hear a big scam, so they give you all these promotional things, and they say your bill is going to be forty seven dollars, but not your first two bills. The promotions take three billing cycles to kick in. How much bullshit is that They could kick them in immediately, but they bankroll your money for two serve for two cycles, and then they credit your bill back.
Speaker 4: They're just bankrolling your money.
Speaker 3: They put millions of dollars in the bank every month, and then all they have to do is issue a bill credit, which cost them nothing. What a scam that is. Oh, your first bills will be eighty eight dollars, but then they'll go down to forty seven, and the third bill will probably be a total credit because of the overcharges the first two months. So you know you're going to overcharge me for two months. Well, yes, it takes three months for the auto pay credit and for the phone return credit. No it doesn't. You can do it instantly. It's a scam at and T is scamming me.
Speaker 4: But at least T.
Speaker 3: Mobile I've left, you know, because they're not scamming me, they're throwing me under a bus. All right, today's show, we're going to talk about passion. Passion I've been thinking a lot about passion. I was gonna do the show in the kitchen. Actually, I saw movie on Netflix, a beloved film called Nonas, and it's with Vince Vaughan, and it's a true story about a man whose mother died and he took the life insurance money and started an Italian restaurant named after her on Staten Island and he uses grandmothers. It's still going, the restaurant's still there. He uses grandmothers in the kitchen, Nonas, not Michelin star Chefs Noonas, and now in twenty twenty five, he's even using grandmas from different countries, not just Italy. He's using Indian grandmas. He's using Pakistani grandmas for different kinds of foods and flavors, but all of it from grandma's because to him, grandma's put love, they put passion, They put all kinds of stuff in their cooking. It's not just gathering recipes and making a meal. It's about time. It's about passion. And it made me think about today's generation and you know, life going forward, and also about the state of the world as it is right now. I'm gonna tell you what it made me think about. In the break, I'm gonna go check the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, and I'm going to thank my patrons as Patreon dot com forward slash really Correll, of which one you should become a member.
Speaker 4: All right, don't forget my song. Is you want to bump? It's out right now three minutes?
Speaker 3: Go watch the video at reallycorrel dot com or at YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl. I wanna support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's k R e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting reallycorrell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, So, as I told you yesterday, I Watchednona's or Nana's I'm the how you pronounce I say nonas like Nonah Hendrix.
Speaker 4: I sweat going through the motions.
Speaker 3: So many of you don't know what I just did. There's a few gay people out there that go, I love that Nonah Hendrix song. Going through the motions I sweat. But anyway, so I watched Bonas last night here with Thember because we can't go outside. It's one hundred and well right now at ten forty two in the morning, it's ninety six degree. It's gonna one hundred and eight today, so we stay inside. So we watched the Noonas and it's a lovely, charming story, which I don't normally watch. I watch horror or murder, death Kill, or reality TV like Snapped or Chopper Cops or Secrets of the Morgue. I love all the I love autopsy shows. I grew up with Quincy Emmy, and I love a good autopsy show. Bones made me so happy for twelve seasons. But anyway, so I was watching this known as, and of course it's about Grandma's being in the kitchen and spreading their love through their food.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of movies about.
Speaker 3: This, like like Water for Chocolate, one of the best movies about food ever made, like Water for Chocolate. Also Chaco Lot is a wonderful movie about passion and food. So there's a great bunch of movies about this. Known As is one of them, Like Water for Chocolate isn't if you haven't seen like Water for Chocolate.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear God, watch it.
Speaker 3: Everything she's feeling when she's cooking goes into the food, and when you eat it, you get what she's feeling. There's a scene where she makes love in the kitchen and then she serves the food that she was making when she made love, and everybody gets horning.
Speaker 4: It's fabulous.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie. Chaco lot with Juliette Denosch's great movie. They even did a cookbook. In fact, I long to make the hot chocolate in the movie, like Water for Chocolate.
Speaker 4: I have the recipe. It's Mexican hot chocolate. Anyway.
Speaker 3: So I watched Notus and it's really about tradition, and it's about food being passion and love and food being a way to express love to your family that you care enough about them to cook and you know, and about passing down these things from grandmother to mother to child so they can carry on the traditions, and how some recipes are secret and coveted, and how there's these traditional dishes that your grandma and your mom might have made. Now, I know a lot of you that watch my show are over forty. So our parents learned how to cook from their parents. Their parents went through the Great Depression, so a lot of you know, my mom, if she had a signature dish, it would be lapatite hinoa. She called it labusha shinhwa. That's not even a phrase. When I grew up, I learned that it's actually le petit schin wa. And really what it is is shepherd's pie. It's ground meat in a gravy, covered with mashed potatoes that have been dressed up, and then that's covered in cream style corn which has no cream in it, and then you put smoke paprika on top of that and you bake it and you serve it. She also made lasagna. My mom loved to make a big pan of lasagna for special events. But to make lasagna, my mom didn't spend twelve hours on the sauce. She would spend an hour on it. She'd get the caned tomatoes and the tomato paste and you know, the green peppers and all that stuff and make the sauce, not like these Italian women who spend a day and a half, you know, and they'd go over every tomato like they're examining it for breast cancer or something. You know, they But so there was a lot of in my household. There was cooking, and my dad cooked as well, but there wasn't elaborate cooking.
Speaker 4: There wasn't you know, big cookouts for the family and things.
Speaker 3: And there was a lot of fried chickens and steak and potatoes and salad, very little salads, a lot of canned vegetables because we were poor. I had poor people food. Macaroni and cheese was dinner often. So when I was watching this movie, a I long I've never I don't think I've ever had a dish any of my grandparents made, because they were dead before I was born. But I really thought to myself, who is going to teach millennials, gen y, Who is going to teach them to cook?
Speaker 4: Now? I looked up some numbers.
Speaker 3: Let's see, seventy three percent of gen z say they cook at home, but they mostly rely on simple or processed recipes.
Speaker 4: Okay, they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't do a lot of involved cooking. Millennials cook too, but signature family dishes and kitchen traditions seem to be fading away. Americans now average less than seventy five minutes a day in the kitchen, and that number is dropping. Between one half and two thirds of Americans say they cook at least three meals a week, but they only spend fifteen to twenty minutes cooking those meals. What kind of passion is that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: One of my biggest pet peeves people say, why don't you post your recipes online? It is insulting to me. All of these food influencers are making a fortune with their recipes, and they're all in ninety seconds. They show the dish, then they show all the ingredients going in, and then that's it. It's done, and there it is, there's your video. Cooking is not about ingredients and swiftness and the ability to crank something out in twenty minutes. Cooking is an art. Cooking is passion. Cooking is something you do for yourself and for your love. People wonder every morning why I have my oatmeal and my fruit and my beautiful tea set.
Speaker 4: Because I deserve that. I deserve to eat a breakfast like I'm at a.
Speaker 3: Five star restaurant, and a lot of time in the kitchen, probably two to three hours a day all told, yep, because I'm worth it. And to me, cooking is passion. You know, you get excited about what's gonna happen in the kitchen. You get you know, you don't mind. Listen, I have spent three four hours in the kitchen before a barbecue or a cookout. I've started things the night before. So who is going to teach this passion? These online cooks that are making a fortune, they have zero passion. But like ep, here's the ingredients, so easy to make. Just pop it together and here you go. That's not cooking. A Roebuck could do that. They're teaching you recipes that a robut could cook. Cooking is discovery. The same with art, you know, content creators online they're even called content creators. Where is the passion in music nowadays? Where is the passion in art and literature? And where is the passion in politics? There's anger in politics, But as Randy Radar pointed out in the comments at patreon dot com, there's a difference between passion and hot headedness.
Speaker 4: You know, maga is not passionate, they're angry. There's a difference.
Speaker 3: You and I are passionate about politics because we care about the outcome, because we are invested emotionally in the candidates, we have passion. Passion today is dwindling, it's dying out. And even for each other. Sex is down, marriage is down. People don't even have passion for each other anymore. They'll leave you at the drop of a hat. They don't realize that passion is work, that a relationship is actual work.
Speaker 4: You know, we are.
Speaker 3: Losing passion, We are losing passions for cooking. We watch all these chefs make dish after dish after dish that will never make, will never go get those ingredients and make these dishes, and then we'll sit there and watch them. We have more passion for watching people cook than we do cooking. So I'd love to hear from you down below. What signature dish did you inherit do you make that your parents or grandparents make, or what signature dish do you miss the most? Because your mom, your dad, your uncle, your aunt, your grandmother never passed it down. It died with them. So what signature dish do you make that your family made, or what signature.
Speaker 4: Dish do you miss the most? Put that down below.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see how many of you actually have a signature dish shit your life from your family?
Speaker 4: What is your family. Now for what dish is there passion? Because you know when it's just has passion.
Speaker 3: If you're trying to visit their recipe, they will hurt you and a giant grandpa will cut. Hey Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward slash Really Correl.
Speaker 4: There's so much great free.
Speaker 3: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support that's the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, Really Correl.
Speaker 4: Thanks for almost thirty.
Speaker 3: Years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog, and let's keep the party going as long as we can. Jealous, I don't want to make any of you all cry. I missed my mom's beef and chilata, says Meredith Dannenberg. Stephen Haynes says my dish is Lithuanian potato casserole type creation called.
Speaker 4: Kugellies kugeles kugellies. Uh.
Speaker 3: Someone in the chatroom at YouTube dot com said today's kids. Parents of today's kids don't have time to teach them to cook. You struck a nerve, baby, I don't even have to go rent a nerve. I still have one left, and you struck it.
Speaker 4: You struck.
Speaker 3: You struck my vagas nerve? Is it vegas or vegas v g U? In any event? Most important nerving your body. By the way, I have always said this, why the fuck do you work? And I'm being honest, Why the fuck do you worry about an income?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: Because oh yes I'm swearing because this gets to me. Baby, What is it that you work for a house and to feed yourself? Those are the two biggest things that you work for a roof over your head and food on the table. That's what I was always told was two of the most important things in life, a roof over your head and food on the table. So you need to fucking tell me that you can spend eight ten hours a day working, but spending two or three hours cooking is too much. Or a parent can spend eight hours a day working, but then spending time at home to teach their children to cook is too fucking much. Then we got everything wrong in our society, and this is the point of the moving nanas are.
Speaker 4: Known as sorry nonis.
Speaker 3: We spend too much time on all the wrong fucking things. We'll spend six hours binge watching a TV show, but the notion of cooking for six hours and all of you pansies. I don't like to clean up. I don't like to cook a lot because there's a mass the fuck's wrong with you? Clean as you go, don't leave it all for after. Clean as you go. I clean as I go when I'm done eating. There's hardly any dishes. When I'm done eating, there's my plate, the service where and that's about it. All the stuff I've used to cook is either cleaned or soaking. There's nothing more important in life than eating. If you don't eat, you die.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: It's like air, water, food. If you don't have those three things, you will die. But learning how to cook food is in some way a time in position. Then we've become a horrible society, a passionless society, because food is also passion. Food is an expression. I know people say, no, food is just fuel. You shouldn't make a big deal out of food. Fuck them. The Greeks make a big deal out of food every blue zone, every single blue zoone.
Speaker 4: They make a huge deal about cooking and eating with friends.
Speaker 3: Every person that lives over a hundred will tell you how cooking and eating with friends is one of the most important things to do.
Speaker 4: If it makes us live longer, it has to be important.
Speaker 3: And people that live the longest cook and have friends that they eat with or they just cook for themselves. They're your worth spending hour in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: You're worth it. So the oh, I don't have time, I'm a parent, I don't have time.
Speaker 3: Wait to you're a parent, corel, then you try to if you don't have time to teat your children how to cook quit your fucking job, find a new job, work remotely, or better yet, don't have kids if you ain't got the time to teach your kids the important things in life, like having a passion for art. If you don't have time to take your kids to an art gallery, if you don't have time to kate, take your kids to a Broadway show. If you don't have time to kate, take your kids to see drama, to read literature. If you don't have time to enrich your children's lives like that, don't have fucking kids. And if you, as a human being, don't have passion about what you do. These online creators that just create content for likes and for approval and for money to get the most views, that's not passion. I do this show because I have a passion. I am an entertainer, because I am passionate about singing, about acting, about performing on stage. I am passionate about it. It consumes me, it gives me great joy. The kitchen, I love being in the kitchen. I love great food. I love going to great restaurants and talking to great chefs. I love seeing their kitchens. I love knowing the ingredients and how they do it. I love it. I have a passion for it. You know, there's a word, a French word for someone who has a passion for life, a bon vivant, a bon vivant, a good liver. If you can't be a bon vivant, why live?
Speaker 4: Why live?
Speaker 3: You know, there's a lot of research now that says when we die, we don't. We now have research the brain does stuff after we die. We now have research that certain cells in your body do stuff after we die. And one of the things we think the brain does as we're dying is searches itself to find reason to live. We believe this happens. And what is your reason to live if not passion? Passion for life? And life is food, life is art and literature, life is politics, life is friendship, life is sex. If you don't have passion in your life, you're not living, you're existing. And today's generation are passionless because of devices, dating apps have ruined passion. How can you fall in love at first sight if your first sight of someone is on the computer? How can you have passion for someone if you meet them through digital So I want you to find some passion this week. I want you to do something you're passionate about write something, Go discuss art with somebody, Go cook something, learn how to cook.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I took this Forks over Knives that they had a sale for two hundred dollars at Black Friday last year, and a friend gave me their cooking class Forks over Knives. So it's all videos and I know most of it. But it's fun to watch. It's fun to learn, you know. And it's not social media where there's ninety seconds to learn how to do a recipe.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 3: I hate that all this cooking on social media and they're all two minute videos.
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 3: Leave it to a man to think you can do something in two minutes. All right, I love you. I'll be back tomorrow Wednesday. I do love you. I love you all. I have a little niche audience. I don't have the Charlie Kirk audience, but I got the best audience in the world. Some of you have been with me for twenty thirty years. I love you, I adore you. I have a passion for you. I am here every day out of passion. My back is killing me today. It's hot as hell outside. I've already walked four miles this morning and done thirty minutes of weights and cook breakfast.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna cook lunch. What am I making?
Speaker 3: My friend sent me a recipe on how to turn tofu into luncheon meat. You boil it in some buillion and then you let it. I'll tell you later, but I'm gonna be cooking me some lunch. Why cousin?
Speaker 4: Worth it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Down below?
Speaker 3: What's your signature dish or what was your parents signature dish or your grandmother's? How much time do you spend cooking? And what are your passions? I'd love to hear from you. What about in the chat room?
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed cooking when there's no one else around. A survey or edit my cooking. Good for you?
Speaker 4: I hate that too, so get out of my fucking kitchen. I don't have kids, only cook for me. Good for you.
Speaker 3: Cooking indulges the creative impulse. Many things do absolutely, James H.
Speaker 4: Rare Nati.
Speaker 3: I'm taking in person or watercolor class.
Speaker 4: Good for you. We love you, Carell.
Speaker 3: I love you guys too, Best Daughtie, Quality over quantity. I agree him, Carell, You'd be who you want to be, doesn't hurt. Anybody throw passion Baby, I love you, See you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: On Wednesday, Day talked about Passion.
Speaker 2: It's broodcasting from a completely different blue view yours.
Speaker 1: Listen daily to the.
Speaker 2: Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different plane of view yours.
Speaker 1: Listen daily to
Speaker 2: The corell cast on your favorite streaming service.