Speaker 1: A sign of.
Speaker 2: D A. Hello, we're live. Will is here. Never mind, I'm gonna kick him out. Will's not excited to be here.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, I'm so excited. I'm so scared.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 4: Hey everybody, Yeah, we're gonna do this. Welcome to the disc Connected the whole time, where we go over each week's release announcements from all your favorite boutique labels and all the favorite labels you don't know are your favorites yet? All right, I'm here with Ryan Verel, host of The Disconnected, celebrating his three year anniversary here today on August, first year of our Lord twenty and twenty four.
Speaker 2: Let's figure this out.
Speaker 4: Okay, couldn't be happier.
Speaker 2: I think that's not true. Thank you could mean I could, right, I know you couldn't. Let's try to hold this right here. Hello, everybody. Will and I have been spending the last week in LA. We got lots of people here that are wanting to see your face. If the sound sucks, let me know. We'll try to mix it.
Speaker 4: That means Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: That's true, Thank you for where they have a.
Speaker 4: Baseball team named the Los Angeles Angels.
Speaker 2: Of Image you're gonna finish, which just lets you know the Angels Angels, how much.
Speaker 4: Them college degrees is worth.
Speaker 2: Lots of people here tonight. We are covering three years of doing this.
Speaker 4: This is three years of announcements too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically Reconnected has been happening. Where's okay? This is the better way to hold it. Reconnected has been happening for three years. It's not the three years of just the channel. But yeah, there's a lot lots go overnight, a lot of people to see, lots of fun stories to tell. Thank you to everybody the hunts here tonight and here we are in person, in person. It's true. We might have one even phoning in tonight other than Will that was one. Uh yeah, we might have somebody else calling in who was trying to be here but couldn't make it.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what, I'm so old. When I phone it in, I use a rotary.
Speaker 5: Good good job, uh jokes Ryan, Like now.
Speaker 2: It's a purpose because what he does to me.
Speaker 4: I don't even do anything to yet. Exactly, I'll lift you up and tell you that you're a great man doing great things. Everybody writing in the chat how much you appreciate Ryan's work, not just his his digital labor, but his emotional labor.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of emotional labor. Uh. Where's Will's mic? We are only holding one mic and it's rough.
Speaker 4: No, I think I'll just hold the mic from here on. What do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: You can just run the whole show. First, We're going to talk about some things that we've watched recently and recent pickups. Uh, you should go get those recent pickups that we both diet.
Speaker 4: There is a lovely cat on his lap.
Speaker 2: There is do you want to tell everybody about not the story behind but the movie we watched on Sunday together?
Speaker 4: Sunday? Haar? I mostly just watched.
Speaker 2: I don't don't want to tell the story about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: That story, that story doesn't belong to me. Besides, I spent most of Sunday watching reruns of Modern Family.
Speaker 2: You were with us for like the entire day.
Speaker 4: In my head?
Speaker 6: I mean that checks out.
Speaker 2: Does California just have shitty WiFi? Is there a problem?
Speaker 4: I can see a lot of opera fans out there.
Speaker 2: Ouch ouch Uh. This person named Jeremy Long says, where's Will's blind bottle of piss.
Speaker 4: How'd you even write that, dude? Oh that's what the that's why the Wi fi is dragging.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, I'm gonna give Will a break and we're gonna transfer.
Speaker 4: It's getting me out of here as quickly as possible.
Speaker 2: You'll be back. Shake on the microphone.
Speaker 4: I was trying to get out of here, but then it's hard to get off this sectional. We've been doing this a whole week. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you guys. We're sitting on jd Vance's dreamcast.
Speaker 2: Mhm ok, hey you, why'd you skoot over so we can tell everybody what we're giving away tonight? Chatting right next to us and now bringing in Greg Rogers of Deaf Crocodile two weeks in a row, collaps from everybody. Amazing.
Speaker 3: Well didn't get claps.
Speaker 2: There's a reason that's rude.
Speaker 3: We got the clap.
Speaker 2: Tonight. We're giving away well technically like five packages, but three different prizes. You want to share this definitely a three the right three theme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you tell them, I'll just hold him up.
Speaker 2: First thing, we are giving away a Romero pack. We've got multiple stickers and a pin. Here they are Romero of course, being the mascot crocodile. It's a nice pin. It's a nice pin, nice and shiny. Uh. Then we're gonna be giving away three different Dave McKean art, well, three singular pied piper slipcovers for these are the Kickstarter exclusive Dave McKean art. We have three of these. Here is the front of the art if you don't have it, and then we've got the back. Amazing movie. Was incredible to see the original painting for this this week. Yes, and then grand finale near the end of the show tonight, the entire Alexander Patucco box set with the four slip covered films on the inside. Okay, you said it, like the roll of that beautiful being play Bridge. We've got all four films in the stencil cut art style and uh yeah, we're gonna be doing that in just a little bit.
Speaker 3: What we had a.
Speaker 2: They have to earn him, everybody has to earn them, is what he's getting at. We're moving, We're fixing this. Okay. Next, okay, next, Uh, it's your turn, sir, Come on over. The couch is not wet our next guest. Somebody that I was honored to have been able to meet in person, not you, mister Howard s Berger, live and in the flesh. I'm only saying because you're freshly showered. I am freshly showered, thankfully. How's the week been.
Speaker 7: It's okay, it has been going.
Speaker 2: It's almost like the other weeks, that's true. Did you watch anything this week that you can talk about that wasn't worked one? Did? I? I watched nothing.
Speaker 7: At all.
Speaker 2: It's all for work, nothing else. But we did go on about an hour and a half long tour together today and we're gonna be talking about that in detailing another video later. Had a hell of a time meeting you. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's almost like I I kind of forgot that you don't live here anymore.
Speaker 2: In the car, you started to think, yeah, you're just here.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, I started making plans and things like, oh, yeah, no, he doesn't live here unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I was trying.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I think I really want to be in that other chair.
Speaker 2: There has nothing to do with you. Jeremy has original chairs from the Egyptian Theater in his apartment there.
Speaker 8: I swear it is the most comfortable chair I almost fell asleep there.
Speaker 2: It was the most comfortable chair.
Speaker 8: It has perfect lumbar support. I mean, there's a screen that's threatening to come down so we can watch things. And I swear I don't think I would have gotten up.
Speaker 2: I would. It's blissful, blissful.
Speaker 8: And you don't think that that's a seat that would ever be comfortable in any way, shape or for Yeah, and it's no longer in the theater, so I guess that would ever.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They wrenched it out like a rotten or something. Multi Netflix doesn't have equally company. Yeah, we need we need better seats in theaters. I'm gonna set this down, Jeremy. Since you're the host, why don't you trade spots with Howard? Oh my god, I get up again. Howard can get back to his seat hosting the venue. Come on and have a seat. I'm gonna set these down for good, okay, because I got these books. Oh wow, mine good? Try good? Try back.
Speaker 6: Where you're at?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Around?
Speaker 2: Are you going to say something you started five times?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm just so well it's not.
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay? Have you been great?
Speaker 6: Also kind of much like guard dear friend, Howard forgetting that you don't actually live in Los Angeles, because it's been a longer trip than most people would take a trip for maybe.
Speaker 2: And yet soon enough.
Speaker 6: Time, sad, that's over coming up soon. But I did start to think. Even this guy over here, who you'll interdeed introduced to you later said, well we could take Ryan to the Vista to see that new four track mag audio? What was it, Sorcerer? And it's like, I don't think we're gonna have time, Nope.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah it is. That's all the Yeah, whole conversation happened live show just who cares? Yes, enjoying my time with this person to my left, and also all the people that are here that you some of which you have yet to but Craig, not so much.
Speaker 2: Will everybody loves Will You've got some new stuff you want to talk about that?
Speaker 6: Yes? Why just uh, just whoever's complaining about me always sounding three rooms away? Now we don't now that's right in my face?
Speaker 2: Ye, And yet you still started whispering.
Speaker 6: You want me to scream into it? Why? My age twenty four package just arrived yesterday with two copies, one for me, one for this man here of the love lies bleeding and for Kay and zone of interest for K. Unfortunately they weren't. They were a bunch of assholes and didn't include I saw the TV glow for free in that box, so I'm gonna have to put another order in. But other than that, yeah, we're in good shape. This comment, Wow, do they do people think that of me? I'm actually like the least the person who would ever do that if you knew me, Simnar, which I guess you don't. Turns out you never knew me.
Speaker 2: You'll be back in a minute. My dear friend Alex, why don't you come over and introduce yourself and tell the people we watched your place on Sunday. Oh, yes, you're being banished to the shadow room.
Speaker 6: M h.
Speaker 2: Recent thank you? Thybody else got flaps recently? Friend a new friend of the channel, Alex, Hello, why don't you share what we watched on Sunday and introduce yourself to everybody?
Speaker 9: Yeah, hey Alex, longtime watcher of the show. It was great having a big guy around. And yeah, there's this Korean fried chicken restaurant in Korea Town of all places that's ran by a I guess retired director that has put out a few films, and I visited a few years ago and he gave me a disc of his movie. That's honestly just been collecting dust on my movie shelf. But when I had Ryan and some other guys over, decided to just pop it in. And boy, I mean really top tier cinema. It was a an erotic, supernatural Korean thriller, but honestly well filmed. I mean Will loved it. When I say erotic, I mean all capital letters erotic. Probably ten different erotic scenes and.
Speaker 2: They were like sex of us on a Yeah, just tense, neurotic erotic.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hara purple for those that are sitting on pins and needles waiting for the title, that's h e r a purple like the color. I think you maybe got ten logs on letterbox, which are probably half of them or us.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Erica from Unsung Horse, who's watching. It's the perfect candidate for your show. I would SUGGESTI finding it. If you need a copy, we'll get one uploaded for you. It's absolutely worth it. No, that'll be a part of the other story later. That'll be a part of another video. Can't you tell it's working great? My next one, My friend Ryan.
Speaker 3: Break now I'm going to miss that chair.
Speaker 2: Ryan Gallon from The New World Pictures Podcast. Hey, everybody, thanks for hanging out.
Speaker 3: Good to see you.
Speaker 2: We got to have Koreean barbecue together the other day with a bunch of us and stoked that you could be here tonight and at this point should share Welcome to the podcast network.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, glad to be part of the family.
Speaker 2: Thanks boss the New World Pictures Podcast. Everybody needs to be subscribed if you have not, everything about it is completely worth your time if you love watching the show. It seems like ninety percent of the titles that have been covered I've been mentioned at least once on the show something like that, But then the rest are just wishless titles that we all So, yeah, check out everything New World Pictures Podcast. Any upcoming, yes or anything that you want to hype up.
Speaker 10: We are going to have an Alan Arkish interview about Rock and Roll High School. That's next week. So uh and yeah, So we've got quite a few interviews coming. But that's coming next week. I know because I was editing it today, so it's top of mind.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, we've been hearing about the Arcush interview for like three weeks. I'm like, come on, yeah, excited for that. I'm excited for every to check it out. Yeah. I think we got one or two more people to introduce and then we're gonna get into the announcements. Uh. You're definitely gonna have to come over here, you know that first gonna make a light appearance. So I'm just gonna turn the cameras so we can wave. This is frequently in the chat. This is Stan. Geezy say hello to Stan. Hell he spoke.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Stan is a little camera shot. We're working on that. He's gonna be able to show more soon, promise. Yes, we're gonna teach him how to use discord. So everybody join in there. We'll have Julius next. Maybe thank you, sir, you'll be back. Uh, Erica, I did not get del taco. Uh for everybody, This is Julius.
Speaker 3: I don't do much professionally, but I have a bag of uh and they're coming up right now.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: Julius has been incrobably helpful this week, driven everywhere all over the city, multiple cities.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll get there, geez. Uh. Julius can be seen as something attached to what Will did a couple of years ago found why don't you come explain it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: H Julius was a part of a video featuring Joe, Bob Briggs and doctor Will Dodson and stand Yeezy and h Scotti. Foya was on it that Chris, you may remember it. It is linked in many of the Will Dodson videos. You go check that out. It is all about Toby Hooper, everybody. I mean, there's We've been talking about Tobe Hooper for the last two weeks. It seems like with everything that's been going on, you what else?
Speaker 3: Not much.
Speaker 12: I I write about film, I write about Tobe Hooper. If you have questions about Tobe Hooper, come to me. Pretty much that I know.
Speaker 6: A bunch of these guys.
Speaker 12: I watch a show. I'm a great admirer of the show. It's called the Toby Hooper Appreciation Society. But it's been pretty uh laps for the past couple of years. But I'm trying to, you know, work on bigger, bigger projects involving him, bigger.
Speaker 6: Works, longer form works.
Speaker 12: There's still lots to talk about regarding him as a filmmaker and glad to be here l as Ryan like lost long lost brother because he is and I have a great show because I'm going to get out of.
Speaker 2: Here all right now, I'm gonna slide over and Will can come back. Yep. I'm gonna be able to see the comments. Yep, not really, Thanks for this? Where do I put the tips? All right, We're going to be getting into our announcements.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure about the lighting.
Speaker 3: Jeremy, can you turn off lamp.
Speaker 2: Live show? Jeremy? I could have done that, but you did that.
Speaker 4: What are we doing tonight?
Speaker 2: We got a question def Crocodile released soon. We're going to cover one of them tonight. Uh. This episode is like physical media OnlyFans group collab.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know what that is now. Now that's a recent thing that I've learned.
Speaker 2: Oh we had that conversation I forgot with Georgia.
Speaker 4: No, that was a thing.
Speaker 2: I am very behind on all these comments.
Speaker 4: This is like the nerdiest reenactment of Tribe called Quest Scenario video Ever.
Speaker 2: That's a deep only discs when Oh gosh, I love this. All right, we somebody wants a funion. We are going to start covering some of these and bringing some people in anybody with major thoughts about Exorcist to the Heretic uh right for rediscovery October seventh in the UK on Blu Ray from Aero Video. And this is gonna have a bunch of new special features on here. New commentary by Lee Gambon and David Kittrich.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, U never has a movie been directed by a more appropriately named director? All Right, Jak, I like it.
Speaker 2: Actually, that was really funny.
Speaker 4: Only if you're reading the description.
Speaker 2: Well, the description is his last name is boor Man, get it. Yeah, that's that's how jokes work. We've got two discs on this, the original premiere version the international version. All right, I'll start laughing at your jokes. You start doing something for mine too.
Speaker 4: In a year, Well make one.
Speaker 2: That was pretty good. That was pretty good.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy to be on West Coast time for this. It's so early, so I don't know what to do with myself. Usually usually I snook is between the announcements and oh yeah, let's get it over to.
Speaker 7: Hi guys. I just read that Borman was interviewed and he said that Richard Burton acted only from the neck up in the film.
Speaker 2: That's where we go exors is to the Hera Criig and that's how you get ahead in life. Let's see John Borman's supremacy, all right. Next up from Arrow is The Exorcist three on four K. This is coming in the UK on October seventh. All the same features as before, nothing new. Yeah, they're also doing one of their original art slipcovers. If you want to get a store exclusive. How you feel that extra three?
Speaker 4: Well it's pretty good? Are we gonna like?
Speaker 2: Road takes a little bit? But this is literally three titles out of ninety.
Speaker 4: Three, but they're not the ones one and stuff about?
Speaker 2: What do you want to talk about? Well?
Speaker 4: I can't remember now.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: Companion.
Speaker 2: I knew that one already. All right, let's see. Uh, The Exorcist two is awesome, says Derek glidwell Er. Sorry, Glidewell, I miss misread that.
Speaker 4: It's a you know, just like a lot of people misread Exorcist two. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Misread?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think it's better than people give it credit.
Speaker 2: Hell Raiser the Quartette of Torments coming to four km blu Ray in the US on October twenty second. Same exact release as before, including when You click away. Uh the side exclusive chatterer. Yeah, that's Hell Raiser.
Speaker 4: Hell Raiser three, Hell on Earth, partly filmed in my hometown of Greensboro, North Carolina. Appropriately subtitled.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's bring in, Let's bring in Alex? Why don't you go tag out for Alex?
Speaker 4: You put me in a position where it's difficult to.
Speaker 6: Just gonna have to jump?
Speaker 2: Would it be possible to Jeremy? Could we move the table slightly? Is it okay? Though? How do you feel about trigger Treat? I love trigger Treat. It's a good one. It's well I brought you over here. Yeah. No, it's getting the attention it deserves.
Speaker 6: It's you know.
Speaker 9: I have to say, though, I'm more of a fan of the Arrow exclusive cover than this cover.
Speaker 2: But I'm not shocked. Yeah, but no, it's it's great. This is October twenty eighth in the UK and twenty ninth in the US and Canada on four K. This has some new special features, but the biggest thing is mostly archival. It's great. I like the booklet. That's great.
Speaker 9: And I mean they've been, you know, threatening to join to release the sequel for how long?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Ye? I love that Stan just called this a catastrophe, and now I feel super self conscious.
Speaker 6: We're just setting.
Speaker 4: Catastrophe. That was funny.
Speaker 2: Uh. On top of this, we also have the site exclusive. This is the other art that you can get here. Very excited for the Trick or Treat four cases sub aquatic, excited for this one screen factory Blu Raid never shipped to Canada. Yikes, fuck you Canada. Uh. This was one of the exciting ones for the week for me is the j Horror Rising box set. This feels like something you'd love too. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean I haven't seen a lot of these films, but obviously Neroy has been just I mean, yeah, that's probably one of the most exciting releases of the year. So and I don't mind buying it, or I don't mind buying this box set just for no Roy knowing that its companion features are probably going to be just as good.
Speaker 2: And this is also a UK and US and Canada release. Uh, this one is going to have where the titles here, Hikoku you sold a multiple personality girl? Yes, sir? Uh you Nugami Saint John's ward, everybody can hear you? Uh carved the slipmouthed woman which I've also heard a lot about Persona and then Nerroy the Curse that's the big one. Yeah, this looks great. Yes it is, Oh Jeremy, all right now, obviously we gotta have you trade out for Krak. It's all there.
Speaker 13: You go.
Speaker 2: Tell us about this title.
Speaker 14: Uh, the same writer director team is Mister Mysterious Castle of the Carpathians. It follows a American detective who is decided to take a case of trying to figure out the mystery of some rich woman losing her dog and it leads to man eating plants.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun. Uh. Special features. What have you got on here?
Speaker 3: You wrote that down?
Speaker 2: Do you need to be able to read them?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I just need to rememble, to remind remember the new restoration from the OCN and sound elements, a new commentary by Czech film experts Irena Kovarova that's probably not said correctly, and to raise a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: But we work all the time. And I came four rare animated shorts and then in the exclusive deluxe edition if you get the hard box release, sixty page booklet with new essays by Jonathan Owen. New essay by Walt Shaw, excerpts from the book, and a new heart slipcase with artwork by Beth Morris that looks amazing. And if you just want to get the standard this is what it looks like that fact I was getting there. You can order this through Diabolic, you can get this through Orbit, you can get this through anybody that carries Deaf Crocodile titles.
Speaker 3: Now, including Deaf Crocodile, including.
Speaker 2: Deaf Crocodile dot Com.
Speaker 14: And the standard edition will be on Amazon as well.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 14: It's not this title, but our previous title, Savage on a Kickstack, just went live on Amazon this week.
Speaker 2: So if you are.
Speaker 14: A did to your free two day shipping, which I completely understand, you can buy it there now.
Speaker 2: Uh, this will start shipping at the end of August. This is available to pre order all those places now. But now I think it's probably time to give away your room, mirro Peck. What do you think it's your show? Well, you're the one of the questions.
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm amazed. How much do you expect me to remember?
Speaker 6: It's gonna be like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Get your phone out.
Speaker 6: No, you just threw this.
Speaker 3: I was not ready for this.
Speaker 2: You planned it when.
Speaker 3: It was going to happen.
Speaker 4: Uh, all right, and I'm coming to the rescue while we wait, what you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: How about you tell them about spending time with def Crocodile this week.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me tell you, you could not find a more generous, kind, loving, patience, engaging and interesting group of people than than the people I met on the edge of the road the other day while waiting for Craig to pick us up. But Craig has been great as well, really hospitable. Oh you guys, Craig has been so wonderful and we have a great debt of gratitude for his hospitality. And uh and just kind of letting us know how the sausage is made at this great restaurant we went to to get sausage sandwiches.
Speaker 2: All right, So we are going to uh do the Romero three pack giveaway and this one. When you are selected as the winner, you'll be the first one to answer this. Send you an email.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just send an.
Speaker 14: Email to Crack at deaf Crocodile dot com or if we tell you one. Okay, and I did come up with a question, Okay, all right, Uh, first person to answer in the the comments section. Uh how did our crocodile get his name Romeo?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a long answer if they tell the whole thing. We just need to know that the Okay, how did the crocodile for deaf crocodile get the name Romero? And if you get it right, the first one will get all of the goodies in this Romero three pack?
Speaker 3: All right, it's not George Romero, Caesar not Caesar either.
Speaker 2: We're going with that.
Speaker 13: Uh no, he's going no, no, no, I.
Speaker 4: Want to send you a three pack, but no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 14: Okay, technically, yes, a fan picked the name, but that's not what we met.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you probably do have to go with it.
Speaker 3: I just don't have to stand on that's all.
Speaker 2: Are we saying, which Romero inspired the name? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We did explain that was that was all back?
Speaker 2: Well, is that the question that you're asking? Okay, the question is which Romero inspired the name of the mascot for dev crocodile? But you move on and people can still get okay, side, okay, if you if you see it, then that's great. I'm gonna go through a couple here together by myself since will is back in the way. I'm just messing with you, boy. It would be so sensitive. Oh you see one. Okay, next one is in a Violent Nature coming to Blu Ray from RLJE on October twenty second. This is Gonna Booze from the Peedut Gallery. This is gonna be a two disc set with three hours of bonus features with a limited edition poster including commentaries, a production and cast commentary, technical commentary, some storyboard, kill galleries, and a whole bunch of other junk on this. Yeah, I don't like this movie. It is Ryan's turn. Ryan Galland is gonna come hang out. Sorry, welcome back?
Speaker 3: Oh thank you?
Speaker 2: Body and Soul is our next title. Okay, let me give you spotlight.
Speaker 3: Perfect movie.
Speaker 10: I think this is I'm gonna kill it here.
Speaker 2: This is perfect. This is coming from Keno on September seventeenth. New commentary by Alan k. Road and that is that go into our next one, the Bike Riders. This is one you probably have seen.
Speaker 6: I have not seen Bike Riders.
Speaker 2: I'm an idiot.
Speaker 10: No, no, no no, but I wanted to see it because this one reminds me of like Corman's, like you know, right, bike movie.
Speaker 3: So this is what I wanted to see.
Speaker 10: It was in theaters when I was visiting a family in the Midwest, so I couldn't take the opportunity to see it.
Speaker 2: But you see a lot of new movies too, That's what I do.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, I'm trying to let you down on this one.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is about to drop August thirteenth on four K and Blu Ray from Universal. It does have some features on there. It looks like a pretty decent release. Jeff Nichols commentary. Have you seen Jeff Nichols movies. He's the guy that I was the worst pick for moment in every single week. It's always happens. It's all right. You don't have to have seen anything.
Speaker 3: I've seen Watership Down.
Speaker 2: So tell us any happy stories about this film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very happy movie.
Speaker 10: It actually was released by New World in Canada.
Speaker 3: New World has set up with a company called Mutual.
Speaker 10: So New World Mutual is how they released a lot of films, and so they aided and released some films in Canada. So we can cover Watership Down on the podcast. And it was a movie I saw many times.
Speaker 3: As a kid. I've read the book. It was extremely depressing.
Speaker 2: Uh, for anybody that hasn't seen it, Watership Down is coming on November eleventh on four K.
Speaker 3: Is there a series Australia?
Speaker 6: Nice?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 6: Hmm?
Speaker 10: Okay, because this one was like yeah, yeah, a lot of you get into your particular favorite character and then that character goes down and you're like what. So it was kind of a formative movie for you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, November eleventh the four K and Blue from BFI in the UK. This will likely be coming from Criteria four K as well soon. This one's gonna have a new commentary by Catherine Lester and Sam Summers, and then all kinds of archival featurettes and a little shorts that they've had for years on this, plus a perfect bound book for those asking. This was canceled at one point and now back on the docket. I'm glad that it's coming out. Okay, we have a winner on the Romero contest and it is deserving and it's somebody that is from the Discord and that is Eric. Congratulations, you won the Romero price pack for Deef Crocodile the cob Eric, great job quickly, that was a good one.
Speaker 6: Wow. He's very excited. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: There he is. This is a all right, let's go oneish more title. Have you seen Paradigm?
Speaker 10: Paradise is another New World movie as well, so that that was a good call.
Speaker 6: Paradise is put up by New World.
Speaker 2: Pictures October eighth from Fun City.
Speaker 10: So and I would I would like to thank everybody for for this one because it's coming up from Fun City and I bought this recently on DVD, so of course it would come out on Blue ray.
Speaker 3: So you're welcome everyone.
Speaker 2: October eighth on Blue from Fun City. Uh. This is going to have their site exclusive slip cover. This is not gonna be available anywhere else anymore. This is a double sided wrap with the original artwork, new commentary by Nathaniel Thompson, who we saw in person today, bookladed new essays by Margaret Barton FuMO and Amanda Reyes, and then some old archival features on this. How do you feel about Paradise?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be picking this up. I will be picking this up, That's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: That's enough of an explanation.
Speaker 10: And you know, well we'll definitely be easier for our Yeah, it's yeah, it's a there's something there's some nudity involved, and uh, you know, it depends on if you like that kind of you know, like Blue Lagoon type of movie. If that's your If that's your thing. For me, I pick up almost Anything's New World, so I'm certainly gonna get it.
Speaker 3: And also anything Fun City.
Speaker 10: I have everything from them and Deaf Crocodile, So anything from any of those labels I'll pick up. But yeah, it's it's whether or not you are into sort of like you know, a teen love right on an island kind of or you know kind of kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Uh. Sooner says, it's a nine dollars slipcover, since it's nine dollars more than the standard. Yeah, but also the Vinegar Syndrome slipcovers when they came out by themselves, are eight dollars. It's not like it's that much more money.
Speaker 10: And you know labels out, you know, I mean I ordered the what was the last one that Fun City did, the Jeff.
Speaker 3: Bridges I ordered that company.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I ordered that one off the website.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: A good move, completely agree. One more Fun City and then we'll let Ryan off the hook.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: I love having a big, big title. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, October twenty seconds. Two Fun City titles in one month, just two weeks. About that's a big deal.
Speaker 6: That's great.
Speaker 10: That's good because they kind of they weren't as consistent and so I was kind of nervous like that them, you know, started taking off from Vinegars dram Morosi, and I should say, really if that was going to have an impact.
Speaker 6: Glad to see them putting out two titles.
Speaker 10: That's awesome. I'll definitely be picking up this one too. Have Any Bodies is really good.
Speaker 2: We had a new video interview with the star Cynthia Dale on this new audio commentary, Million and Jeffrey mixed a new essay in a booklet by Bargaret, Martin FuMO and Nathan Holmes Image gallery and a trailer. This is one a lot of people have been wanting for a long long time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you get any one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see. Ragnar says, don't defend them charging more for packaging. Uh, yes, they're not going to give away packaging. If you want more, I'm gonna do it because this is the this is the worst take I've seen in a long time.
Speaker 3: He can also just get the standards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the standard for the same price. You don't have to buy this lip. That's totally fine. That's totally fine.
Speaker 3: Isn't he the president of the fan club.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I'd rather pay a bit more than see less films get restored exactly exactly, all right.
Speaker 3: All right, well, thank me, thank you.
Speaker 2: Turn do what you should drive it. It's faster, all right, I'm gonna go to the next one. No VS is definitely not five dollars sevener. They are seven ninety nine.
Speaker 6: And I'm wearing my VS shirt in honor of the announcements today. Smart Smart, one of my eighteen hundred VS shirts. Everyone else, come on, I didn't get the memo.
Speaker 2: Joe says, not as good as Hard Bodies. Next one, keenan lob. We're putting out Nightlife from nineteen eighty nine. This is a made for TV movie.
Speaker 6: You know who this looks like. Who's a young Anthony's Stewart head who played.
Speaker 2: Slightly Yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I thought it was at a quick lance.
Speaker 2: Hey a label, you love death Crocodile. They made a bunch of titles.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what I feel like. I talked enough about them last week.
Speaker 2: We didn't get to hear you you were up art of the show last week, but we announced Trapped Ashes will be coming in four K. That's their first four K title.
Speaker 6: Very exciting. Written by co founder of Deaf Crocodile Dennis Bartuk.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah, and produced Cathedral of New Emotions from two thousand and six, Freckled Max and the Spooks from nineteen eighty seven, Gwen or the Book of Sand from nineteen eighty five, I Married a Strange Person and two more Bill Plimpton shorts is coming. Mutant Aliens and two more Bill Plimpton shorts are coming. Signals from nineteen seventy will be on a four K disc. In the Dust of Stars will be there as well. Love this title. Inflatable Sex, Doll of the Wasteland Sorry Wastelands, Rock and Roll Wolf from nineteen seventy six, which is better known as Mama. Those will be a double feature with Kingdom and the Clouds. Yes, I see that. The Devil's Bride from seventy four, The Mystery of the Third Planet and the Pass will be a double feature as well. Let's see everybody excited, Joel says. Fun flick cop someone puts out the other nightlight from nineteen eighty nine Scott Grimes keen four trapped ashes to Uh. Reggie wants to know. Did you ever get your FREEVS pins? Oh? The one, the one you got charged for? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I told them to cancel it because everybody else was getting it free without them taking points away, right, And then they took away my points and I said, well then I don't want it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think they took points away from mine.
Speaker 6: I heard. I heard, yes, most people did not get points taken the life right.
Speaker 2: Well, since we're talking about death crocodile again, it's time for the next question. Oh, and the next one is for the three slip covers. Three winners for this one. Get your phones ready, folks.
Speaker 15: That's there are there are?
Speaker 1: There are three feline employees crocodile.
Speaker 2: There are three deaf crocodile feline employees, one former, one former.
Speaker 1: So first, people, and first, what's one of the names gotten that's locked out?
Speaker 2: So I don't want to got it? So basically, you are naming the deaf crocodile cats.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Craig has posted about them many, many, many times. The first will the first three people to post in the chat one of the deaf crocodile cat names. Uh, you will be chosen as one of the three. And if you don't need the slip cover, don't, don't comment.
Speaker 3: And it's not Cat Stevens, that's my cat.
Speaker 2: And it's not Kitty Perry, that's Katy Perry's cat. And immediately somebody said Cat Stevens. O they that's funny. It is not Mini or Maxay. Oh come on, all right, We'll just keep going until we get some some preper answers.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 11: Otherwise these are going straight in the trash.
Speaker 2: Next up, why don't you talk about this movie? Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow, who's this?
Speaker 6: What's this?
Speaker 2: Lover coming? Soon? They're rundown? You know.
Speaker 6: I think this might be uh uh the first movie I've ever seen the rock in Is it? What? What? I'm not so sure. I think I watched this before I watched Scorpion King. Personally, I think, well, we all know who the real star of this show is. John Williams Scott. I was gonna say Johnny Knoxville. That's right. He's in there too, hasn't he. I haven't seen this movie in very, very long time. It's been a long time for me too, although I do own it on DVD, so it'll be nice to upgrade.
Speaker 4: I can give you the rundown of it.
Speaker 2: I remember Chris Walking being pretty great. I've I've just deceased from that Tony Chris me hous art. All right, let's go to the next title. Uh gotta love this cover art. Did you see this fie?
Speaker 6: You mean the big aim Mel Gibson.
Speaker 2: October seventh, Studio Canal in the UK is releasing on four K.
Speaker 6: Well it's not it's not official.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty official Air America from nineteen ninety. You look like you have lots of comments.
Speaker 6: I couldn't see any of them, though. Do you want to switch?
Speaker 2: He's saying his comments are not safe for the show. Oh uh, this is gonna have revisiting Air America feature short interviews with casting crew, storyboards and feature clips and some more.
Speaker 6: Notice I did not like this post correct.
Speaker 2: And then uh, you gotta go get pizza anyway, So go you. Yeah, I'm not dumb. I heard the chat earlier.
Speaker 3: Oh someone got one.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do have two winners so far. Yep, Brendan said, Butters, Brendan Timmons, you are correct. Please email Craig at Deaf Crocodile dot com. Have fund at dominoes and then since from nonsense got violets. Uh. This is the second one. You can email Craig at Deaf Crocodile dot com. The one that's.
Speaker 14: Left is gonna have to be an old school deaf crocodile fan. He's no longer with us, so he was the original deaf crocodile mascot.
Speaker 2: The original deaf crocodile mascot. Are you gonna come on? Come? Stan Gheezy making his appearance unreconnected.
Speaker 7: I'm blind.
Speaker 2: So our next title Paramount Scares Volume two. This is a box set coming from Paramount. All of these in four K and the cool thing multiples of these are on four K for the first time in this box set, which was not the same as last year. They are putting out Friday the thirteenth, Part two Orphan First Kill, World War Z and Breakdown. Three of those four are for the four K premiere in the US on here. I like two of them, which ones two of them right of the thirteenth and Breakdown.
Speaker 7: No, are those the opposite to name them again?
Speaker 2: Friday the Thirteenth, Part two, Orphan First Kill, that's the Orphan first Kill and Breakdown.
Speaker 7: No, you don't like Breakdown. I don't like breakdown. Forgive me, yeah, Stanthony, But I know it's somebody's favorite.
Speaker 2: It is someone. I'm so glad you know that there is no mystery title this round. Uh. So you like World.
Speaker 7: Wars looks I love World Wars.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 7: Yeah you don't like No, come on, call me a bone.
Speaker 2: I can't stand it. Uh. David Hollins here just finished Rewatching Cure. It is a good package, and just like last time, it will have a Fangoria magazine that's exclusive to this patches, a pin sticker, and a poster. It is kind of a weird mix of titles. I gotta be honest. And for a horror box set, breakdown does that fit?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, it's not really. It's kind of a thriller ish, but it feels weird. I have no objection Friday the Thirteenth, Part two being on four K, and here we'll see the first Friday the thirteenth four K did not look real great, and we shall see any of the thoughts, no thoughts, all right, don't forget we are still waiting. I clicked away on one more of the Deaf Crocodile Feeline employee names Craig says, he is all over his Facebook. If you want to go find it. Let's go to our next title, which is The Dead Don't Hurt, coming on August twelfth in the UK on Blue from Signature Entertainment. This is a Vigo Mortensen directed Phil.
Speaker 7: I'm not aware of this. I like Vigo Mortenson.
Speaker 2: A lot as well. We got a making up on this VI She's awesome.
Speaker 7: There you go, so buy it everyone.
Speaker 2: There you go, Craig Craig stan is telling you to buy The Dead Don't Hurt on Blu Ray. Next is Interview with The Vampire season two. This is the TV show that's been out. This is coming in from RLJE Films on October eighth. I've heard it's amazing.
Speaker 7: I've heard great stuff about it, but I've not seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, I agree. Shout is definitely doing that Vigo Mortensen title. Yes, every post has a y no four K comment, it's.
Speaker 7: Ridiculous four K or die.
Speaker 2: Interview with The Vampire the TV show. Okay, as we just announced yours doing them. October twenty second Paramount Presents is releasing Ghost on four K Ghost. How do you feel about Ghost?
Speaker 7: I mostly love it. I'm not keen on the effects towards the end, but mostly I love it.
Speaker 2: This will be October twenty second and a lot of people are upset because this was released on Blue. Yeah, it's Paramount.
Speaker 7: It happens right yep, again and again and again.
Speaker 2: Next up, Train Spotting coming on a four K steel book in the UK from film four on November eleventh. Uh. This is notable because everybody hated the Criterion packaging, so you get another opportunity to purchase it.
Speaker 7: I love this package. Nice beautiful train Spotting.
Speaker 6: I like to see.
Speaker 2: It is not different, very different.
Speaker 7: I love Danny Boyle. Gim me Danny Boyle.
Speaker 2: But it's really really yep, really, oh my favorite. Do you mind trading out for mister Howard is Berger? Okay, yes, while Howard is walking in, we have our third and final winner of the Pied Piper exclusive slipcover, Daniel Siboner got Ziggy. Ziggy is the final of the cat names. Now I have to juggle lists. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 8: That girl and the Bulldozer. Do you remember the little girl gets possessed by Horace Pinker, and she adopts his limp, the spirit of the Limp, and then she jumps on the bulldozer and screams, work for me, fucker, and she tries the spirit of Horace Pinker.
Speaker 2: And the little girl with.
Speaker 8: The limp and the bulldozer is my favorite thing I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we can see Howard. Oh there you go.
Speaker 8: Hello, I can watch this luke for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: On October twenty ninth from Spring Factory, The Big Thing. They actually got a couple of new features on here. New interview with Peter Burge, a new interview with the composer William Goldstein, new interview with the production designer Cynthonia Cynthia Sharette. Did he talk to the little girl with the bulldozer? Uh no, she got bulldozed.
Speaker 8: Oh no, there's no coupe there, but Jacques Heim is that like a archive?
Speaker 2: Everything else is archive? Okay? Wow, Oh that was weird, all right? Next Stream Factory title. I'm sitting here with my tongue hanging out. Yep, Drag Me to Hell four K coming on October twenty ninth.
Speaker 8: I have never seen this has has told me one hundred times. I think I saw the opening and there was like a possessed floor, and I said, you know, maybe another time.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that. Yeah, it like opens up. Oh yeah, the pit the hell opened? Is that what it was? I'll give it. It's the opening. It's the opening a spoiler, it's not. It's not the ending. When the whole floor opens, right, you gotta go, you gotta get there somewhere.
Speaker 3: I guess I have a DVD with a slip if.
Speaker 6: You throw out there.
Speaker 2: I love Dragging a Hill. I think this is underrated and a super good movie.
Speaker 3: Well they got the last great.
Speaker 2: Sam Truly, I've never seen it. They're also doing this uh special package. If you buy from their website, you can get the second slip, cover and poster. I gotta admit that's cool. It's a cool idea, but it's like a Basil Bogos.
Speaker 13: I like this.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm okay not getting the alternate. I think I'll go for the There you go one vote one vote from Hot Howard for the alternate, bring to share. Uh. Next up is The Wolfman. We were talking about this, another one I haven't seen. I will This is a four K from scream on October twenty second was from twenty ten Benicio del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily blunts. No idea about the special features. This will have the theatrical and the extended cut though, which is kind of rare. From shouts, Oh yeah, I'll give a benefit of that. I never saw it, all right, I'll give it the benefit. Another one with alternate artwork. This one's a little better than that other one. I think.
Speaker 8: Oh no, actually, I'll get the one I'll get to come from the other one and use it for this one.
Speaker 2: That checks out. Then another good one. This is hysteric. October twenty second four K from Screams Death becomes her. No new special features, but they got the same ones they had previously. Now this was a throwback.
Speaker 8: This goes back to like there with Bob Gallen Zamechis did with used Car right as dark and brutal. There they excel when they are brutal, and this was this is good. This was an acid, gross, little brutal, mean spirited and pretty. Don't it made it? Made sense?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 8: You know, since coming out to l A, I think I know a couple of people like this. So it's accurate as well.
Speaker 2: This good movie. Great, that's a funny, funny movie. When you just talking about this in the cartoon you're hearing October fifteenth, four K of Land of the Dead from two thousand and five. Uh, well, it might be good for dummy deaths. We got three discs on this. We've got a four K of the unrated version, Blu ray of the unrated and Blu ray of the theatrical with all of their special features back on it. Anybody wants to bindy titles, contact Ryan at the New World Pictures podcast. Uh man, ye dazzly. That's a Saint Romero also doing alternate artwork on that one. How do you feel about that art? That's okay, Craig's not gonna like Lon of a Coffin.
Speaker 8: It's busy. I prefer I prefer then. That is another good one, that is great. I love this one.
Speaker 2: Devil October eighth, four K. Devil. This is one one is plastered with m Night Shamalan's name, even though all he did was produce it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is really this is good.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. Uh. This one's gonna have a new restoration, new commentary with Emily Higgins and Billy Dunham. Blu ray and four K discs included, plus archival features.
Speaker 8: I'll be here for that, but kind of a it's kind of a dull cover though, isn't it. I mean, yeah, it's the elevator with the down cross.
Speaker 5: It's theatrical. Yeah, okay, I didn't I never saw the post but they're not. This one special collectors edition, but it's okay. No, I'm in for the penny, in for the path.
Speaker 2: October first on Blue Shout is doing as above so below. Have you seen this one? Uh? This is a found footage film filmed in the French catacombs and it's really great. And this one is a collector's edition. There is uh postally you can get with this one. Decent art. Kind of weird to have the words collector's edition plastered so giant across the poster there. That's true. We've got some new interviews on here and plaster across this box that I'm taking home with me. Nothing on there at all, all right, tagging Will Dotson back in. Oh, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right. I'm glad you could afford a set for the anniversary show.
Speaker 2: It's going super well.
Speaker 4: It's going super well.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 16: Hey, Oh the Blob is getting a wide release. This was an exclusive steel look for uh Walmart before in the eighties.
Speaker 8: Can I see they don't have the guy screaming knowing that he's being a one.
Speaker 6: This is the.
Speaker 3: Most disturbing poster I've ever seen up to that point.
Speaker 4: It was a great, great post.
Speaker 2: He knew exactly what's happened to him. Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a great film.
Speaker 2: He's a wonderful film. Love this movie. Great four K release, looks great on four K. Glad more people can get this. This was getting scalped online.
Speaker 4: One of my one of my favorite films featuring an offspring of Donovan.
Speaker 2: There you go and Kevin Dillon is great.
Speaker 8: He's I don't know they squandered his youthful career.
Speaker 2: I love the.
Speaker 4: Fat Wow very cool?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Uh anime you bring me in for the cartoons?
Speaker 2: I did. Yeah. Tony Kawa is getting a release on November eleventh from Shout. This is Tony Kawa Over the Moon for You Season one. We got a bunch of special features on this either one of us seamless I saw the TV Glow gets an a twenty four shop exclusive release on Blu Ray. This is the one that's got all kinds of great favorite movie of the year.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, still still what do you think?
Speaker 2: Beat it? You mccounty? Huh you mc county. Nomy is in the top ten. But then either way, Jeremy, we have some requests to see your collections that complicated with the setup here.
Speaker 4: Just unplug and walk around.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I saw the TV Glow is available now. You can order it from the website and it includes filmmaker commentary with Jane showIn, Bren and Bridget lundon pain deleted scenes, new featurette six postcards.
Speaker 4: I assume you're not going to see this, of course, I am you are, Yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Uh. Shinya Suka Moto, how do you feel about him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: That's the uh that twelve?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay? Cool.
Speaker 2: I believe both of these were in the Aero video box set that were released, and these are coming out in the UK now on September thirtieth. This is Shadow of Fire that has tomsk commentary and a visual essay on here, and then the next one is Vital also Shinya Sukermoto, also September thirtieth, from Third Window Films, also with a bunch of special features. Third Window is great. Any thoughts on China?
Speaker 4: Good stuff? I got the box set, but there we go. Hey, you know what three years man, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 2: It's been a long time. It's crazy. I've only missed one episode and that whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you ever feel like hanging it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Kind of not really.
Speaker 4: Do you want to make a special and farewell announcement that?
Speaker 2: No? My wife has been like, are you really going to do one tonight like fourth of July when it happened this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for robbing my children of fireworks.
Speaker 6: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Shadow of Fire is not in the erowbox set, says keV, but Vital was. But I think this one's a little different. Probably some new features on this.
Speaker 4: Well, the gifts. We'll have to check it out. Let's get in here, all right. The next one, there's all kinds of nerve party and going on in air.
Speaker 2: Rare Od video putting out Right in a Woman's Prison from nineteen seventy four on October eighth. This feels like a very Will movie.
Speaker 4: And that it fits into my commitment for social justice.
Speaker 2: Yes. Audio commentary by Troy Howarth and Eugenuo air Klania on this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah they're good talkers.
Speaker 2: Yes they don't cough like that. Next up, there is a streaming service called Nebula, and out of nowhere, they announced that they would be releasing three of their features.
Speaker 4: Wow. They already got a Kamala Harris biopic. Wow, I can't wait to see.
Speaker 2: This Night of the Coconut, the prints and identities. All of these will be available for pre order next week and you can check it out at their website. And yeah, Nine of the Coconuts one that I've been wanting to watch.
Speaker 4: Actually, hell, yeah, she's got my support.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I have indie horror. We have. Screen Team Releasing has just put out Worst Laid Plans from twenty twenty two. This is an anthology horror movie. We had a director's commentary, all kinds of featuretts and interviews. You can get this from their website right now screen Team Releasing dot com. It was like ninety releases, keep going yep, trying to go quick. Not even to the Ocen yet. First Love from nineteen seventy seven with William Kat Susan Day coming to Blu Ray from Keno on September seventeen, new commentary by William Katz and Lee Gambin. Somehow he's still releasing commentaries. We've announced two new ones from him tonight. Glad that we have some more to hear from him. Thanks so much, Mary, You're amazing. Yeah, this is really cool that we still get to hear from Lee on this.
Speaker 4: The greatest American hero and my favorite LA law lawyer.
Speaker 2: Great Next, Monsieur Vincent from nineteen forty seven, coming on Blue on October eighth. From Keno. We got a Sam Deacon commentary on this one. Looks like a fairly strong release.
Speaker 4: Nothing I like better to see on a film cover than a priest and a bunch of heaving bosoms.
Speaker 2: There's quite a few. Next from Keno, Sebastian from twenty twenty four, coming on Blue on October first. We got a theatrical trailer on this. Only you can pre order this now. Are you laughing at the two BAC.
Speaker 4: Comment No, I'm laughing at the pull quote there, which is just three words with with with ellipses, with elypses, So it could it could say neither sexy poignant nor transfer sexy. Not not an ounce of poignance. It probably is all three of those things. Wait, I'm all in and Sebastian.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jeremy. You see this artist says everybody needs to autograph Jeremy's couch before we leave.
Speaker 3: Man, if you can find something that writes on it, I would be happy to.
Speaker 2: I want to remember this occasion for ever, until I can get a new couch. Remember this Caucasian. It's very Caucasian event.
Speaker 6: This occasion not Caucasian.
Speaker 2: Next, Bob, Hey, you talking about Bob Hope specials early September twenty four.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you know who? I fucking hate Bob Hope.
Speaker 2: Why do you hate Bob Hope?
Speaker 4: Sucks?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: I like Heady Lamar. She was a genius.
Speaker 2: You can pick this one up on September twenty fourth. This is my favorite spy new commentary by Julie Krugo and Peter Hancoff And uh serious that just skip it, skip it, skip it. Made in English and this is the films of Powell Pressburger documentary that Scor says he is executive producer in narrating. This is coming on October first. One. Great, that's great, really poignant and perfect.
Speaker 8: And if you've never seen a Michael Powell and Rick Quessberger film. This will catapult you into their Their Realm is a wonderful, wonderful movie.
Speaker 4: Uh, Thelma Shoemaker put it together right? Who married Michael Powell? Her later later.
Speaker 6: Years too late.
Speaker 2: I want to hear everbody's thoughts on the Coen Media Group cover art.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's just move on. It's important that we see it, we see what's inside it.
Speaker 2: I know this is only a DVD, but I had somebody ask about this title before. So October eighth, Kino is releasing a DVD of Who This Is from twenty twenty three and stars Peter Sarsguard. I think it's playing at the Lemleys right now. I'm kind of surprised it's only a DVD.
Speaker 4: I prefer.
Speaker 2: Who It does kind of look like Danny Masterson.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: September thirtieth, Warner Archive putting up Bathing Beauty with Red Skelton.
Speaker 4: I love the placement of Red Skelton Space.
Speaker 2: Yes, perfectly. We've got a TCM private screening with Esther Williams, hosted by Robert Osborne, some classic cartoons and shorts. Okay, it's very close. We are almost to the title You Wanted Johnny Quest versus the Cyber Insects and Johnny's Golden Quest coming on September thirtieth from Warner Archive. Also, I don't know if they're changing anything because these have the same title on them, but Warner Archive changed their name to Warner Classics on social media this week had everybody questioning that. But the Blu Rays still have more Archive on the cover. So we shall see. You're allowed to talk are.
Speaker 4: In case you're wondering what's going on. Ryan's talking to Howard about conjecture into the Johnny Quest Blu Ray. Now we're looking at a film that may or may not have been partially ghost directed by Oars and Wells. Journey into Fear. He looks Barry White to me, I'm not black like Berry White. No, I am white like Frank Black. Is so quote the great American poet Jimmy pop Ali.
Speaker 2: September thirtieth, Journey into Fear, the Orson Wells Mercury production with Joseph Cotten. This one has an audio only Orson Wells Mercury theaty Or radio broadcast of Dracula from July eleven, thirty eight. Treasure Island in the Tale of Two Cities as well.
Speaker 4: I think it's somebody else's turn at this.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's the first of the month.
Speaker 4: Let's move it along.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get to the Prairie Home Companion for you.
Speaker 4: I don't care. It's fine.
Speaker 2: No, I remember Mama from nineteen forty eighth Ireen done George Stevens on this one, also coming from one of archives. Next is Conflict with Humphrey Bogart Smith Sydney Green Street. We gots cartoons on this one and some shorts audio only Conflict Radio Broadcast.
Speaker 4: It's a great movie, Curtis Bernhard, great director. All right, well here you go, oh Man, Robert Altman's final film, Very Home Companion, featuring a cavalcade of stars. I found this to be comforting. The uh, well, why don't you fucking talk about it? Hour waiting, God.
Speaker 2: Damn days dissent.
Speaker 4: I thought you had a policy. Have you seen it?
Speaker 6: All? Right?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: No, it's I think that they you were saying.
Speaker 2: No, really, you were saying what.
Speaker 4: I found it. I grew up on Prairieum Companion prior to the cancelation.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: In every sense of the word, and I found I found as a swan song for for Altman and in in some ways the original Prairium companion itself, that this was a very meditative and and and in some ways comforting that uh musing upon m hmm. Death aided the machinations of such stars as Maya, Rudolph Lindsay Lohan, John c Riley.
Speaker 6: Who else is in it?
Speaker 4: Billy Tomlin, I mean, it's a great great Kevin Kleine, great cast, really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Garrison Keeler, Garrison.
Speaker 4: Keeler, of course, Meryl Street, Yeah, Tommy Lee Jones comes in shooting everybody. It's a it's a lot of fun. And if you're familiar with the old radio show or just old time radio at all, then it's a fun.
Speaker 2: Time before you pass it off. How do you feel about David's comment? He says, I don't like movies from two thousand and six being in the archive. Click.
Speaker 4: No, that's why they changed the name the classics, so they could put whatever that That's why they put go in there or whatever is go go. They're going to start putting anything, anything and everything in there now everything, because what's a classic question, what's a limited edition. What's a special edition, what's the Elector's edition?
Speaker 2: Well, I think Howard needs to say something about this. Yeah, Howard, you're turn Howard, You're on the commentary for this. Oh my god, you can lean over the couch again.
Speaker 6: This is awesome.
Speaker 2: Murder on the Orient Express getting a four K release on September twenty fourth from Keno Masterpiece. I can't even believe.
Speaker 8: What was so exciting is that we did the Nathaniel Thompson, Steve Mitchell and I commentary for this.
Speaker 2: We had no.
Speaker 8: Idea they were going to prepare four K for this, I am. But we also did the commentaries for the ones that followed this, John Gilliman's Death and the Nile and the two Guy Hamilton's Evil under the Sun and the Mirror Cracked.
Speaker 2: So this is great. This is the first one, but we did it last.
Speaker 8: So now the r em I Agatha Christie cycle is complete. This is an awesome, awesome movie. And what's great is that it's a who done it? But once you watch it one time, if you haven't seen it yet, then he just moves on to other themes underneath everything else that you are, you know, sort of pulled into the movie for has nothing to do with the mystery, but you can watch it a dozen times and you're watching a dozen different movies.
Speaker 2: It's great, a masterpiece. keV is asking when are you gonna do a commentary on Pitbull's latest music video?
Speaker 6: Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: I've worked with that. That was the joke because you were talking about stuff like that last time you run fantastic. I can't wait to get this.
Speaker 6: It is great.
Speaker 2: No new extras, I don't think right, aside from just your commentary, that's the key. No way, they're extras.
Speaker 8: But the arch which the good that a long making of I guess that was segmented in the other versions.
Speaker 2: They had the Blu ray and there was no Blu ray. Right, Yeah, there's a Blu Ray with it. No, I'm at the old I mean it was just d oh, I'm not sure. Yeah, I could check, but yeah, there's not sure. It looks like a solid release. Uh soon or you're the one that's wrong. I can tell you exactly what a limited edition is and we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next title. First, I need to bring in Craig. I think I do because it's fun, Come hang out, sit close. September twenty fourth Blu ray from Qino Red Mountain from nineteen fifty one with Alan Ladd Elizabeth Scott's We've Got a new commentary by Sam Deagan on the one Sam's great. Anything else about the film other than Sam's cray? I've never seen it. It's a good thought, good good thought. Next one is Botany Bay, coming on the same day, September twenty fourth, New audio commentary by Heath Holland, host of Cereal Midnights. Why didn't you blur those nipples because they're allowed. I don't prefer to leave them there. They're allowed. Uh, Sasha prefers Blad Mountain. That's pretty great. You see this one? Nope about Dry grass Is from twenty twenty three is getting a Blu ray and DVD released from Janis Contemporaries. This is a line from Criterion for some of their new modern films. This is supposed to be pretty damn great. I heard a lot of good things about it.
Speaker 3: I've heard the name and good things, but I've not seen it. I'm glad you brought me in so I get to be.
Speaker 2: Like Nope, yep, it works for me. September tenth of Blue from Sony Once to every Woman from nineteen thirty four. Nope, nope, perfect.
Speaker 3: That font doesn't work with that cover though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a good point. Good point. Linoleum from twenty twenty two getting a Blu Ray release from Shout on September third. This is super random because these only showed up on Movies Zing, which is basically the new home of the Warner Archive Blu rays, and not listed anywhere else. This is gonna have archival features on here. But this is the Jim Gaffigan movie from a couple of years ago that people seem to really like.
Speaker 14: Oh I love Jim Gaffigan, so I would definitely like to see this.
Speaker 2: I was very excited to see that release. Did it not even have a DVD Cheremy? Oh wow, that's a big deal. That checks out. Thanks Ryan. The next one that just sort of dropped out of nowhere from them is Clockwatchers. This is coming on September tenth as well. This is from nineteen ninety seven. This is with Lisa Kudro Parker Posey very young Tony collettes and I've never seen this one.
Speaker 13: But.
Speaker 1: I feel bad that one of those those women did not get a name.
Speaker 2: Drunk correct, did not get mentioned. I believe that's Alana Ubach. I'm a part of life still. Next is Miranda from two thousand and two, Kidding of Blue from Shout this is the Christina Ricci film. Nope, Miranda Cosbo and then A World Without Thieves, the Andy Lao film from two thousand and four. Nope, I'm allowed to carry on now. Next this is another one that I'm sure Jeremy loves, Big Fan from two thousand and nine, with Patton Oswalt's getting in Blu ray release as well. Uh shout, I love Favorite Company.
Speaker 3: I love I Love Patton Oswald.
Speaker 14: Uh is this like a comedic version of the Fan?
Speaker 2: Uh? Isn't actually a little bit of a thriller? It says Patton Oswall starts with this darkly funny film from the writer of the Wrestler. In the world of football, there are fans and then there's Paul. He lives for game days when he can cheer on his beloved New York Giants. But when a chance encounter with his favorite player goes seriously awry, this devoted fan will find himself at odds with his family, the media, and the authorities, putting his allegiance to his team to the ultimate test.
Speaker 14: It sounds kind of like a It sounds kind of like a remake of the d Niro film.
Speaker 3: Denia Wesley snipes Tony Scott directly, I think the fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, it kind of sounds like a remake a little bit. Are these bare bone shout releases? Yes? Absolutely, next one, this is one that we've all kind of known for a little bit. Mill Creek is putting out Bewitch the Complete Series on September seventeenth. This is gonna have an all new documentary about the making of Bewitched, including some guest appearances by David Mandel, Steve Olim, and Bewitch historian Herbie J. Polado. We've got sixteen new episodic audio commentaries, an exclusive thirty six page booklet. How do you feel about Bewitched?
Speaker 14: Is this a noble It's a classic series that I'm sure anyone my age has seen many many episodes.
Speaker 2: This is true, This is true, Yes, Ked, they are bare bones keeping my Clockwatchers DVD. Oh interesting, didn't know the dvd A special features. We are in to Shout or Not Shout Vinegar Syndrome Devil Times five.
Speaker 3: I could tell by the art.
Speaker 2: Getting a four K release. This is available now, and uh, we will let Praig tap out. You brought me in so I could just say nope, Jeremy long. Yeah, I'll talk about this until Jeremy answers me. You're up? Are you just gonna sit there? Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well, how we're onto Vinegar Syndrome. Oh, I'm that's why you're here. Devil Times five nineteen. We get to the partner getting a four K release. This one is a new commentary with the hyster. He continues, a bunch of archival features, some new interviews, and then an alternate title card.
Speaker 2: Looks great. The quality this one looks way better than it should.
Speaker 6: I'm excited for this one. I like the movie, and I like the and I like the art good, so I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I'll let you finish eating and then we'll talk partners, because Alex is here. I just heard Vinegar Syndrome and I just wanted to join more so to hear what you have to say. I don't know much about any of these times. My biggest thing, Double Times five headed code red release, and it's really nice to see those get like actual great releases. Yeah, next one, what was this? Oh yeah, Hell's Trap from nineteen eighty nine. This is getting a Blu Ray release. And this is from Pedro Galindo the Third who also did Vacation of Terror two. This is gonna be Region three. We get some interviews and we've got not much else, not many special features on this one.
Speaker 9: I mean, how can you not love that cover art? Though it's pretty good art, I mean seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sasha says, Killer Kids movie has me really stoked. Let's see, people have been begging for this one forever. This is a historical episode, it sure is. I love how fake. Oh yeah, the stills in this look really fun. Speaking of vs. Before I go to the next one, we just watched Criminally Insane together. What did you think of Criminally Insane?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm glad it was only sixty minutes long. But other than that, I mean, you know, they had a lot of fun and they did what they could with the uh I guess you know the kills if that's what you're into. But overall, I mean it was good pacing and caught my attention. I mean it kept my attention. I think everybody had.
Speaker 6: A good time.
Speaker 9: They made a good movie with like nothing they did absolutely. I was a bit surprised in that very short commentary we watched that it took them five weeks to film, yeah, which I was like, what how what about that took five weeks?
Speaker 2: It's like they could only film for like three minutes a day? Yeah, right, Brandon watched it this morning. Uh isn't Trump? Next from VS is Bloodbath at the House of Death, and uh, I love it because it's Vincent Price. But man, I don't know about what this did to Vincent Price. That's a man. It's got like a hunchback there, hunchback with a ninety degree neck. Yeah, this one is We got a commentary with Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons, interview with the co writer Barry Cryer, interviewed the producer, and some trailers on this one as well. I love it.
Speaker 9: I'm glad this is getting a released. I have to say more great cover art. I mean that's what vinegar Syndrome is really known for. But you know, good stuff.
Speaker 2: It looks like a man magazine cover, Yes it does.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 9: It kind of looks like a mix between like Robert England in the bottom there with with the acts and.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I can't remember his name.
Speaker 9: The guy opposite of Joe Peshy and Home Alone Daniel Stern.
Speaker 2: Daniel Stern.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say it looks like Robert England and forty pounds Lighter Hayley Joel Losmont in twenty twenty two. Uh, this has a use hilarious use of the other F word from Vincent Price. Oh interesting, m all right. Going to our next one, zoom out VSA title, My father is a Hero aka The Enforcer. This is from nineteen ninety five jet Lee. You obviously like some Asian titles. Are you into any jet Lie titles? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, I grew up watching later jet Lye in the theaters, So any any type of release that they put out with these kind of guys is going to be great. All their VSA titles, especially, I guess you know, the kung fu genre, if that's what you want to call this, are always great.
Speaker 2: So to get some big names, it's really exciting. Thanks with this one is gonna have a commentary by Frank Jing new interview with the producer Wang Jing. However, it's only three minutes long. I'd love something a little more substantial than that. The rest of this is archival. Vssays are limited as per usual, so keep an eye on it if you want it, for sure not during the show. Next vssay is Love on Delivery from nineteen ninety four. This is a Shaw title Loving The art on this one looks really nice. This is starring Steven Chow from Kung Fu Hustle. We got a commentary with Frank Jing and f J. DeSanto, new interview with the director, visual essay by Grady Hendricks and Mike White also did a visual essay on this. And this is like when funny interjection but no post of the Projection Booth podcast. Yeah, this looks great. This is like one of my most anticipated from the Is this one of the first Shaw releases that Vinegart syndrome?
Speaker 3: But I thought, yeah, that's pretty great, very big deal.
Speaker 2: Then they also announced two cinematograph titles, first one being Thieves Like Us in four K and this just got a blu ray release from Radiance, so a lot of people not super happy about that. However, it is an upgrade. At least. This one's gonna have a new audio commentary with Nathaniel Thompson. New inter be with the screenwriter Joan Tewksbury, and then a whole bunch of archival features and then some newly written essays including Mitchell Botpraig who has been on the channel, Maria E. Gates and Carlos Byards. And this looks pretty good and what timing with the Shelley Duval passing as well, great great focus, Sashi. Yes on that last title that was Garfield in the background. And there is a reason it's on the cover. Yeah, it's all that the screenshow you will find it?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other cinematograph has joy Ride from nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 6: I barely.
Speaker 2: I don't think that has a Blu Ray release either, it does, sure, Okay, this one has a new commentary with Elaine Silver and Christopher Coppola, a new interview with the director and co writer Joseph Rubin, interview with the DP Stephen M. Katz, and some essays on this one. Excited about this.
Speaker 9: I don't know much about it, but you know, I've been loving these cinematograph releases with an absolute completist, so I'm disordering them all.
Speaker 2: It look great next to each other.
Speaker 4: Smart smart and smart smart.
Speaker 2: They do. Ragnar says, I wonder what the rhyme of reason is to pick what movies become a VSA. It feels like just whatever they want to charge people for. So it's not a part of the subscription. I don't know. Uh.
Speaker 9: They come in those cool cases that are really difficult to get the disc back into.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. Just squeeze the sides, all right, partner labels. So he told you, all right, this is you, Jeremy.
Speaker 6: Just then, no more contests.
Speaker 2: This is going on my shelf. That's not happening, all right, I love this guy. Oh well, if we're gonna hold it in here, okay, hi Hi, I can said that weird? No, it was fine, Okay, I liked it.
Speaker 6: So h. I'm a visa subscriber, as you know. But the partner labels just kill me every night because there are so many good ones that I actually have to buy. They don't come with my subscription. But at least I got a discount. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Uh this one, ETR Media putting out a fat Wrecked the puncumentary from twenty twenty four. I mean to the music they're going to cover, Yeah, but the stills from this didn't really appeal to me very much. Did you get this one?
Speaker 6: I did not order this one yet. I am interested because I do like, oh geez, what was the main the band.
Speaker 2: No Effects?
Speaker 6: Yes, and probably a lot of the other bands that are that are going to be interviewed in it, right, big punk fan of course.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: This will be one that I'll keep an eye on. I'll probably snag it if it's getting low, but I didn't feel I need to order it today.
Speaker 2: All right. Next one is a Heart of Love. This is from Yellow Ail from twenty seventeen. This is inspired by the lives of Warsaw based artists. I got some commentaries on here, a bunch of special features and Yellow all doing what they've been doing over last year. What about this one? Love?
Speaker 6: Yellow Ail and I have almost their entire filmography. This is what I'm just gonna wait on, though, because I couldn't spend all my money.
Speaker 2: I already could. I could definitely could.
Speaker 6: I spent a lot of money already today because I got the two VSAs with two cinematographs and then a couple part of the labels. But this is not one I decided I'll hold off on. Keep an eye on this on the stock count. But I do love it does look good. Covers is great as most Yellow Bill covers are.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree. Next one is I Am a Sex Addict. This is from Factory twenty five from two thousand and five. You have a comings will I want to see the title? Did you have a joke to make? Or you just want to see the title?
Speaker 6: Oyeah?
Speaker 2: Okay. This one is directed, well supposedly. I've not seen this one. This one is going to have a short film with Will Oldham inte some deleted scenes, animated short film, the unmaking of I'm a Sex Addict. I feel like this is the one you did order. Did you order this?
Speaker 6: I did not. This is Factory twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you normally get all of this stuff.
Speaker 6: I do like Factory twenty five a lot, ever since, I ever since, long before they came up, became a partner label, and I donate a lot of money to them to help restore one of my favorite films of all time in the Suit. Oh man, But no, I did not get this one.
Speaker 2: Uh hey, hey, Will, how do you feel about it? I Am a Sex Adict?
Speaker 4: Oh man? I love that they've repackaged Californication, David du Comny, great actor.
Speaker 6: That wasn't even that good.
Speaker 4: That's what's what everybody said with you.
Speaker 2: That's all right. Uh, Hi Celeste, I'm glad Celestie is here.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: keV said that they made a movie about my sy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 6: Best LP ever, says Christopher.
Speaker 2: This movie is amazing, says Brendan. I don't know how to pronounce this director's name, Cavesahiti, something like that.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something, Come boy, I love Will Oldham. Ifbody's unfamiliar with his his work as a as a recording artist, actor in movies like Old Joy, all the different permutations of Palace, check this out. If for no other reason the presence of Oldham. I'm pretty excited about this movie.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 6: I'm glad, really expanding stands confidence.
Speaker 7: I'm popping in here just to say hi to the last I.
Speaker 6: Love you, Yeah, we do love.
Speaker 2: I'll also throw and it's nice to see celest on camera for the first time. This week in a while made an appearance on the Chasing Label show to do. The next one is in ascent from Film Movement from nineteen seventy six. This one is Region A and it's got a reframing visual essay and a booklet at the new Essay by Dan Callahan.
Speaker 6: Any thoughts looks interesting? Did not order, but I would love to check it out.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you've had a hard week's list, so let's come over Brendan's I don't know if you know this. Will that last title we were talking about, the director made a short where he takes mushrooms with Will Oldham. Will just nodded and give a thumbs up of approval.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well said that happened in one of his dreams.
Speaker 12: Ones.
Speaker 2: Next title, this is probably the biggest one for a lot of people. For this Oneth the film Movement label is putting out the poetry of Lee Chang Dong four films. We've got the outer slip box here and then the inner slip arts and this includes green Fish, Oasis, Pepperman, Candy and excuse me, this is the slip cover and then the bucks. I like it.
Speaker 6: I like it too. This was a must buy for me this month, even though I just got the umbrella. Really but we got one extra film, one extra film in this and you know what, I'm gonna support our dear friend uh in the Discord who co produced this set.
Speaker 2: Justina, Yes, uh, we've got Aaron says, bought this today. Lee ching Dong is a master. Indeed, Brendan says, what a badass released. Criterion wishes they'd done at first. Everybody's excited about this and of course back to back Waves says, only see an oasis and it was good. David says, I can't express how much I hate oasis. That is the epitome of the disconnected, someone's favorite. Uh yeah, so Ryan, did you have different feelings about the art it does? I see that?
Speaker 6: Well, we have the epitome of the channel in this room, very movement.
Speaker 2: I like the box. I wish the inner slip was a little different.
Speaker 6: Maybe epitome d P I T O M E.
Speaker 2: Jason Stewart says, Lee changed Don Korea is best director.
Speaker 6: That's a hot take.
Speaker 2: Maybe a bit of a hot take.
Speaker 6: Well he's up there for sure, all right.
Speaker 2: Going for our next partner label release, Omen from Utopia is available now. This is gonna be Region A. We've got a bunch of short films on this one, and this one looks pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I trust to me. I like a lot of that stuff I did not purchase this yet. I think I actually have a downloaded this what then I will watch.
Speaker 2: That was like actually confrontational and I loved it before.
Speaker 4: We don't talk about downloads on this show.
Speaker 6: Oky, help we do? Moving on?
Speaker 2: Uh. The big thing about this is this is this is the second month in a row where we've gotten a release of African cinema, which is incredibly rare.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Uh, this one looks really great. I am hoping to get this one.
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 6: Did you ordered this one? Uh?
Speaker 2: Not this one yet?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Stoked about the horror movies come out of Africa. So less than MKV connected that's pretty good. It's a format download format.
Speaker 6: Now, that's that's one I did get.
Speaker 2: Well, that you're talking so loud. I thought I was a part of the conversation. Oh but I can. Uh. Saturn's Court putting out our world is drowning and going to hell. The underground films of Richard Baylor. Has anybody in the room seen any of his stuff? That's what I thought.
Speaker 6: Uh, this one that's very interesting and I ordered.
Speaker 2: Gosh no, it's underground, very underground commentary throughout the entire filmography.
Speaker 6: We don't talk about that, right, did you hear?
Speaker 2: Will? Uh? Do you have something to said?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 2: All right, see you, Cas Stevens.
Speaker 6: That'sought if she wanted to make an appearance, but apparently not.
Speaker 2: Celestas couldn't even find his stuff on the letterboxed. Wow, we got a new twenty twenty four retrospective documentary with interviews with a bunch of people involved. Music video collection, twenty eight page booklet Santard's course stepping up for stuff like this. I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like the fact that I like collections of people's work, especially when it's all of their work. Yeah. So that really intrigued me about this one. Then I flipped through the pictures and I flipped through some synopsis, and it was very intrigued. So I ordered this one.
Speaker 2: I encourage everybody to read the entire description on this one. It sounds pretty great.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next, Film Movement doing Scarlett Diva, the Agia Argento film. This had a another blu ray release from Film Movement back in twenty eighteen. This has two audio commentaries and none of these are new, So I believe all of this is the exact same disc from six years ago, just repackaged with the.
Speaker 6: Slip up nice, I do not own it from before, so I picked this one up too. Seemed very interesting. And after we just saw Ozia and was fridaying herself last Friday and a film Ryan and I saw all the lows feelas theater Vira, which has no US distribution but hopefully soon. I thought it's meant to be there.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 6: I just saw her and then they dropped her a movie that she wrote, directing the Stars in the South. I picked it up.
Speaker 2: Next is the Canalog putting out Sepa or Sipa, Our Lord of Miracles from nineteen eighty seven. This is restored in four K. We've got two audience cumans with the filmmaker, a booklet with introduction by Werner Hertzog, a booklet essay by MICHAELA. Saxer, And uh yeah, it's a canalog does a lot of really good work in this last year they've kind of broke out and done some exciting things. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like a lot of their stuff as well. This is not one I picked up, but does look interesting?
Speaker 2: Does H C. Lessays? This one looks amazing. Leaving the Criterion Channel this month, if you want to check it out. Leaving August, so you got all months to check it out.
Speaker 6: Question mark. If you're like me, you forgot that it was August.
Speaker 2: This is true. Next one only if you left now. Sky Pirates from Umbrella from nineteen eighty six. I saw a couple of people comment that they thought about this in years. Have you seen this one? No?
Speaker 6: But it looks fun Umbrella, right, it is Umbrella.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it did have an Australian Umbrella released, so some people already have this.
Speaker 6: Yes, it feels very much like an Umbrella movie. Oh, I knew just from looking at the cover. I didn't pick this one up, but it does look fun. I'm assuming it's a childhood favorite of some people's or nostalgia based. Yep, I did. I do not remember seeing it. I not sure what year it was released.
Speaker 2: This is from six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, too old for me.
Speaker 2: And this was put out because basically it's an Indian Jones clone type film.
Speaker 6: Looks fun though, Yeah you've seen it.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not Super Soul Brother in the films of Renee Martinez Junior coming from AGFA this month, and the Super Soul Brother had a DVD release from Vinegar Syndrome previously. And now we've got all of this package together. Yeah, and this, well, I'm not sure if they had the other ones on there. Actually I should have checked, but yeah, this has three films in here, and it's almost two D and forty minus combines almost four hours. We've got a thirty five millimeter theatrical print is what gave a super soul brother nice and we've got a photo gallery some trailer reels from AGFA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is one that after I put my order in, I kind of regretted not getting. So it's in my cart right now to add to my order, which is my subscriber box, which I haven't pulled the trigger on yet, but I probably will before the weekends up.
Speaker 2: Smart Sweet Substitute is the next title from Canadian International Pictures. This is from sixty four. This is done by Larry Kent and is part of his trilogy that he was working on, and it sounds like they might add the last one coming sooner. New commentary with Paul Krup of Exploitation dot Com and Jason Pachonski. Some other new interviews on here as well, plus all the material added to the American release that was on this, including the notorious strip tea sequence some conversations and a booklet.
Speaker 6: Saw man, I have to add this one in my cart too.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: What was the fi?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I did. What was the first one?
Speaker 2: Can't type, not with one hand. Uh. All of the films in the trilogy are listed on the website. Uh, the Bitter Ash, and then this one was Sweet Substitutes, and then the final one is when Tomorrow does so.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I believe they've already done the Bitter Ash. Yeah, and next will be when Tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Great, I'll just buy all three at once. Then after the next month when they put.
Speaker 2: If it is next month? Okay, do you have a download of it? No?
Speaker 6: I only had the Omen because it was from the PGA, because it just came out last year. I think I might even be wrong about that. Oh, there it is.
Speaker 2: Yep. The Bitter Ash was the last one released by c Next up is t Blockers from Dark Star.
Speaker 6: This boem was very tempting for me because it looked fun, looked very interesting.
Speaker 2: There's also a bonus film on this called a Bad Girl Boogie. We got a conversation with the director on here. The back of the slip says God is a gay porn star.
Speaker 6: True accurate this is true. Yeah, this one looked like fun. It was mainly just kind of like a hot cost thing for me was I was always spending so much money, so I put it back because it didn't seem to be selling super quickly, so I thought I could get it next month. I get it, but it looks fun.
Speaker 2: And then a wounded fun of the Shutter film from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Flew off the shell.
Speaker 2: Finally getting any Blu ray release.
Speaker 6: Josh Rubin in front of the channel, Josh.
Speaker 2: Ruben who has been on the channel and immediately forgot about it. This is coming, says Ryan, with some interviews, but not not a whole lot. I wish there was more on here.
Speaker 6: I'm just starting to have a physical release. It's been three years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a it's a pretty great movie.
Speaker 6: I saw this opening night at Beyond Fest. I've read it Beyond Fest.
Speaker 2: And if you like that slipcover, unfortunates go a yes.
Speaker 6: And so this one's all like hotcakes, which sounds.
Speaker 2: Really good, right, hotcakes assume good great film.
Speaker 6: Could not recommend more. Yeah, sorry if you didn't get the slip, but if you don't mind not having the slip, I would still pick it up.
Speaker 2: It's a phenomenal film and generally just talk about porn. Uh. Now you can order for Melu sing Woman.
Speaker 6: In Love would be for this Alex again.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're gonna break stand up in just a second.
Speaker 6: Okay, go ahead, Yeah, after the porn.
Speaker 2: This one is newly scanned in four K and region free, but no bonus features nobody.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The other one from the Quality X line don't til you've seen this time is The Mark and Erotic Passion. This is a double feature. Hey, now, okay, this this one looks awesome.
Speaker 9: I was reading I was reading about it earlier today and it's like it does look not explosions and gore and you know, murders. Well sure, yeah, sorry, I should have I should have prefaced the actual fire, gasoline explosions.
Speaker 6: Where is Will?
Speaker 2: What Jeremy is jacking your ship?
Speaker 6: I'm jacking Will's ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's the first of the month. Will's here, Celest if you haven't seen him.
Speaker 6: Yet, Oh I see, there's there's a lot of people here, Celeste.
Speaker 2: Stick around, Sasha will be complete on Quality X. Nice.
Speaker 6: Uh, what's next?
Speaker 2: That is it?
Speaker 1: Full?
Speaker 2: Jeremy loves this one.
Speaker 6: This was an immediate Oh go ahead.
Speaker 2: October fIF four k steelbook from Sony of Thanksgiving, and this one has an all new behind the scenes featurette with an intimate must see look at the making of.
Speaker 6: And stop by shot on set by the cast.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 6: Now, the reason I specify that is because I went to an advanced screening of this at the Aero Theater sponsored by Beyond Fest with a Q and A with Eli Roth, and he was talking about this. He was like, because there was a lot of young new actors in this film that I thought all did a great job. And he was saying that they were so loving just being on a movie and being and being on set, that they were there when they weren't in the scene on set, and eli Roth said that, he said, he told them, oh, well, if you're going to do that, then here have this camp. And he bought a whole bunch of like little cam quarters for them right to be shooting behind the scenes while they were just hanging out on set. And he said, so he had all this footage right, and then the blue ray came out and none of it, and I was like, what the hell?
Speaker 2: And so I well, not only that, it was also only Blu Ray. Well, yeah, and now this is just a few months later.
Speaker 6: I'm very excited for the four K and I'm very excited for that little behind the scenes documentary that I was very excited about ever since he talked about it.
Speaker 2: At that screening, Sash said, I could not believe that much I love Thanksgiving because I hate Eli Roth. I feel like I heard that from many people.
Speaker 6: It's my favorite movie of his because it's so much different than this other stuff, right, very different, But it's the movie he's been dying to make since he was a kid.
Speaker 2: Kritt says, that's beautiful.
Speaker 6: He said, if all he can ever do in the rest of his career is make Thanksgiving sequels, he'll be happy, which is already it's already getting one sequel at least.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it for you. Very excited, Thanks for your time. Immediate pre order from the moment my eyes opened.
Speaker 6: Up this morning.
Speaker 2: Literally it was announced very early back with Craig because it is time to highlight this beautiful box set so everybody can see it on here tonight. Yeah, we have this is the grand prize. Craig is going to ask the final question and if you know the answer, and you're the first one to answer, we'll let you know and we will have you email and you will get this entire box set.
Speaker 3: And if my email's working. None of the previous winners have emailed me yet.
Speaker 2: Oh, none of the winners have emailed Craig yet. Craig at Defcrocodile dot com.
Speaker 14: So yeah, the trivia question for this one, there's an actor who has appeared in three different Deaf Crocodile releases.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 2: What is the name of the actor that has appeared in three different Deaf Crocodile releases? Now, funny enough, there is a way that you could have known that answer. Maybe you can find that while we wait. No, that's not how. We have one more thing to talk about tonight, and for this I need to call up my friend mister Stan Geezy, Hey, this is available. Why don't you tell everybody about this?
Speaker 7: Hey? It's the new issue issue with eleven, our biggest and best yet of the Physical Media Advocate, featuring me my good friend Frank Gutler. We've got articles about the Wilhelm Scream, a huge piece on Laurence Olivier by me, interviews with Brad Sykes, and a Media Kincaid. Great, our best issue yet.
Speaker 2: Pardon me. You can pick it up on Amazon or if you are.
Speaker 7: In Oh yeah, j yeah, I forgive me.
Speaker 6: Jeremy.
Speaker 7: We featured the the premiere episode of Jeremy Long's new column, Q and A and j.
Speaker 14: H.
Speaker 2: It is a great issue. You can pick it up on Amazon or uh any of the places listed. Orbit DVD is going to be carrying its video Drome in Atlanta, CD Trader in l A, Video Tech in l A, Scarecrow Video in Seattle, Legends in Granby, Massachusetts, and maybe some more soon. Uh. Yeah, we still don't have a right answer for that last question. Yes, Uh, let's we wanted we did. We wanted the questions to be at least somewhat difficult, well accomplished.
Speaker 3: Hey, I came up.
Speaker 14: With another answer and you just us just flatly were like, that's too easy.
Speaker 2: I was trying to help. None of these are the right answer yet, right is this one?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'll double check, Okay, please double check. We may have a winner. Uh, but Ryan is here. Let's check in with what is coming out next week Hackers four K, Steel Book, The Bill, and Ted three pack steel book. Yes, I just realizing that Frank's house last show.
Speaker 6: You were like we segment, You're like not sure why I saw the TV on this list, and then it actually correct.
Speaker 2: Collateral four K steel Book. It's so weird because it was listed as coming from lions Gate, not a twenty four bad company from Fun City getting its official release. Dragon Art four K steel book will go wide, bait Ebs will be making its release, Blessed their Little Hearts from Milestone, and uh, not much else coming next week. Collateral on a four K steel book, the Michael Mann Collateral. So it is Craig yep, all right, the winner of the Big Alexander Patichko box set is Robert Francis. Robert Francis, go ahead and email Craig at deaf Crocodile dot com and he will get that mail to you. Congratulations that Bobby Frank. Oh well that was amazing. That's literally all we got tonight. Everybody want to come back to stand behind the couch and say goodbye. Wait what happens. It's a part of another video coming later. Look at all of this, where's oh taking the scenic crap? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We really taking as good around.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 1: It could be like a policeman since like the end of that, if we really in a blue ray.
Speaker 6: This is the cover.
Speaker 2: I can't even see all the album.
Speaker 6: See everybody is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we have folks. Thanks for hanging out. Everybody live. We got some other stuff going on tonight, so we're gonna go. Thanks for for being here. We will chat next week. We got more big stuff coming. And on that note, we'll see you then see you. I can't even see what Brian said, mister, I got no. I couldn't even quit it. Here we go. Thank you for watching the Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this. Tell me