Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine, The.
Speaker 2: JV Show, We're officially signed on now, Yep, we're now, We're on. I'm Selena Graham and I'm Jess. I also want to let you know that it is now after six am, which means the talkbacks are open for the weekend. He's doing the sold show at the Rose Bowl. Look, you're not going to get in there. It's going to be a really big event. You're not going to get in unless you win these tickets right here on the JV Show. Now you have to do is leave us a talkback between the hours of six and nine with your name, city, why you love wildnie f nine, And that's going to get you entered to win a pair of tickets to the most amazing show with twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I can just already feel it.
Speaker 4: Yep, huge, huge, to sell out there that holds a lot of That place holds a lot of yes.
Speaker 5: And the weekend, the weekend, the weekends.
Speaker 2: Crazy, that's the one. Speaking of talkbacks, let's get to the first talkback of the day.
Speaker 6: Hey, JV Show, this is John from San Jose trying to get that first talkback of the day. Oh super early because my family's headed to Disneyland. So we'll just luck as we go through these fires. But I hope you all have a great day, great Wednesday, great hunt day, have a great day.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 4: Too soon, you don't go too soon, You don't go to Disneyland today and ride around on rides and have a great time while you look off in the view and people are fleeing their you know, for their lives of their houses being burned down?
Speaker 3: Did this just happen overnight?
Speaker 4: The fires basically, I mean exploded overnight, and last night two new fires broke out, so there's three fires going right now and they're raging out of control. This big wind event was in the forecast for southern California. I feel like we got kind of just like the fringe of it here, and it was crazy windy last night.
Speaker 8: It was in southern California.
Speaker 4: Some of the peaks had gus pushing almost one hundred miles an hour ninety nine high eighty mile an hour winds, and like it's incredibly dried down there. We've been up here complaining about these big rainstorms that we've had. We've gotten quite a bit of rain to start our kind of rainy season. Yeah, Southern California hasn't hardly gotten any like, just gotten a fraction of an inch in downtown to La rained since October, and so it's incredibly dry, and then you get these just crazy winds going, and any little fire that sparks off has just spread. I don't think they have any containment on any of these fires, and they probably won't for some time. The wind was supposed to die down a bit today. Last night was supposed to be like the peak of it. Let's hope that's the case. I've read that it's still pretty windy down there, but I don't know if you guys have been watching the videos or seeing the pictures of what it looks like down there right now.
Speaker 8: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: All I've seen is that Haidie Montag and Spencer Pratt's house burned down. Really, I was like, oh my god, they can't afford another one. What are they doing these days?
Speaker 4: I mean, there are a lot of celebrities and the Pacific Palisades and a lot of very these are very very expensive homes that are and a lot of celebrities in that area. But now the fires are kind of you know, now they're dealing with three fires in three different areas and spreading. It looks reminded me a lot of the Napa fires from a few years back, where when you're when you're in Napa, looking up all the hills on all sides, look like everything was on fire all around you. That's kind of what it looked like from some shots I've seen where people in downtown LA and other areas looking up towards the mountains and everything, you know, on the hills, everything's on fire.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, very scary.
Speaker 3: Really hoping for the best of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just driving through their happiest place on Earth.
Speaker 4: They're just wowlash and mountain splash mountain or whatever. Just like living your bust life. Have a great trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep us posted.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for hanging out with us. I'm Selena and I'm just It's time for.
Speaker 1: The four things you need to heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: All right, San Jose, you're getting another Chick fil A something. You probably know this, but this is the sixth one here in San Jose, Like, how many Chick fil As do you guys? Need? This one's gonna be in the Silver Creek area, just a few miles from another Chick fil A. They haven't given an exact opening date, but it could be as early as next month when it opens up to the public.
Speaker 4: I heard they got a seventh one in the works too, Probably do, no, they do?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely yeah?
Speaker 5: How many are you get?
Speaker 8: That's a real thing.
Speaker 4: Tis the season for NFL firings and coaches of me getting canned left and right. The Las Vegas Raiders fired head coach Antonio Pierce after just his first season at the Helm, and the forty nine ers have now fired both their special teams coordinator and their defensive coordinators. Is the second time that they let their defensive coordinator go after just one season. None of these firings should really come as any surprise to Bay Area football fans.
Speaker 10: Get Sports mostly sent these guys. With temperatures reaching the low to mid sixties today, there is a wind advisory in effect until ten am, and hopefully I'm not jinxing it, but there's no rain in sight for the remainder of the week and through next week.
Speaker 2: You guys, now get your umbrellas out.
Speaker 4: Hey Taurus, bestie, you're today today is going.
Speaker 1: To be an eight.
Speaker 4: It's time to broaden your horizons. Begin a three week expansion phase while Mercury's in Capricorn. What are all the signs just boning each other? I don't know what that means. Investigate fascinating curiosities. It says, travel, research and education will especially flourish during this time.
Speaker 8: Also reinforce some long distance connections.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a little virtual. Every Wednesday we throw some things out and we ask is that cool or not? Graham, would you like to kick off our cooler?
Speaker 11: Not list?
Speaker 8: I would? What do you guys think cool or not?
Speaker 4: I won't let my wife Kate park her car on our new driveway at.
Speaker 8: Our new house.
Speaker 5: Not cool?
Speaker 8: Why her car? Now? My wife drives a very old Toyota four Runner two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: You guys have the same car, the.
Speaker 4: Same car, one year, one year apart, except that hers has a slow oil leak and drip drip, drip. And we have a brand new house and a new concrete driveway, and the last thing I need is a puddle of oil on it, because you know what a puddle of oil and concrete does. You're never coming never coming out. And so my car parks on the driveway and hers has to park on the dirt and.
Speaker 8: Kind of far away from the house.
Speaker 2: No, do you guys have neighbors nearby?
Speaker 8: Not really right, Uh, it just kind of one.
Speaker 3: Well do you think they drive by, like, look at this nice house.
Speaker 2: It's like modern, it's so fancy, but look at those cars?
Speaker 5: My god?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, I noticed something when we were moving in over right before Christmas. We had the moving truck come and then I had, you know, a couple of days of going back and forth and moving stuff on my own from the house that we were renting into our new house. And you know, people in that and you know, in our new quote unquote neighborhood it's a little more rural. But you know, I think they got used to seeing my car parked out there every day while the house was under construction, and they probably thought this dude's construction he's the worker.
Speaker 8: He's the construction guy.
Speaker 4: And then the looks I got as they're seeing me carry boxes and suitcases into the house that I think they're like, wait a minute, this guy, this is the guy that's moving in with the old beat up for runner.
Speaker 8: He's the guy that's moving into the new house.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of weird stares as I was, you know, helping move our stuff in. I think people are a little confused that the construction worker is also the guy doing it.
Speaker 8: But I mean cool or not.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool.
Speaker 10: You can't have you got to protect Yeah, you got to protect your your house.
Speaker 8: You can she get's a little annoying.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, then get a new car. I think cool. I think in solidary builds another driveway.
Speaker 10: In solidarity, you have to park outside as well. You can't park on your driveway.
Speaker 4: See that's the thing. It's like, I have to park. I park on the driveway because the one spot where you can park, like in the dirt, it's like, I don't know, it's like fifty feet away from the house. Wow, it's pretty far away. It might be more than fifty feet. It might be one hundred feet away from the house. So it's like way far away. It's like she's parked out, but.
Speaker 10: You leave the house earlier, so it's it's a lot true cold.
Speaker 4: But right next to my car on the driveway, it's just an empty spot. People are probably thinking, why is that car part next to that car.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too much oil coming out of it. Things just leaking oil like crazy.
Speaker 2: We have a lot more cooler not so we're gonna get to later on. Maybe we'll sprinkle them throughout the show.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We are giving you this chance to win ticket to check out the Weekend at the Rose Boy. It's a sold out show. You're not buying his tickets anywhere? You're well, I guess you can, but they're gonna be really expensive. Yeah, save your money. You don't want to do that if they're even real. So many people get scammed, you know, buying buying tickets like this. But look, we have your way into the Rose Bull to check out able live end concert. All you have to do is leave us a talk back with your name, city.
Speaker 5: Why you love Wilding for nine.
Speaker 2: You have to leave the talk back between the hours of six and nine to be qualified to win the tickets.
Speaker 12: Good morning, This is Yvonne from San Francisco and I love Wild ninety because you guys are gonna take me to co see the Weekend and I'm gonna sing for you guys right now. Actually, my favorite song from the Weekend I feel it coming. I feel it coming. I feel it come, Babe, I feel it coming.
Speaker 5: I feel it come.
Speaker 2: You will not be going to Hollywood.
Speaker 8: That's gonna be a for me.
Speaker 2: That audition, Graham, that's going for tickets. Oh that was amazing. Thank you for that talkback.
Speaker 5: Hey, you want to get qualified to win?
Speaker 2: We listen a talk back of your own name city while you love wild that's gonna gets you into win and maybe why not? Yeah, if you can top that, No gonna want to. I'm in his shotgun, all right, Graham, You're you're kind of make me nervous. I believe in ghosts. Why should I be worried?
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty five is going to be a good year for ghosts. This is according to a semi professional paranormal investigator named Johnny turn Up. He's from the UK and he says it. On New Year's Eve he connected with a whole bunch of spirits on the other side and he said, as those ghosts, they're bored, they are tired of being stuck in limbo, and they're going to be showing themselves and acting out a lot this coming year. There's gonna be some serious hauntings this year. According to Turnup, and he's also slightly making a bit of an apology because he says he and some of his paranormal investigator buddies they sort of opened up a portal on New Year's Eve when they were connecting, and now ghosts are just gonna be able to cruise through and do their hauntings even easier.
Speaker 8: Now, do you guys believe Johnny turn Up?
Speaker 10: Yes, to an extent. I kind of feel like there's ghosts all around us all the time.
Speaker 8: What are they doing, just chilling, just like watching you change.
Speaker 10: Yeah, maybe that's why Selena drops so many things. Maybe it's not more to run, Rechen.
Speaker 2: It did get worse after the New Year, dropping everything. I was taking my man of bole of spaghetti. Yeah, just slipped out of my hand, up the down the counter and ghost still.
Speaker 4: Slopped it right out of your hand. Wait, and then you flipped it back into the bowl. Yeah, and give it to him.
Speaker 11: Yes.
Speaker 2: Did he see the incident, No, he was upstairs.
Speaker 8: Hit the floor of the counter.
Speaker 2: It was the counter equally.
Speaker 8: No, that's just in Selena's house. That's just as the floor.
Speaker 2: It was slightly better. I didn't tell him until the next day.
Speaker 8: A couple of hair stuck at it, for sure.
Speaker 2: I picked those out A couple of kids.
Speaker 8: Just go back to explaining your ghost theory.
Speaker 4: So ghosts are just cruising around all the time around us, and they're definitely watching you change Google, bathroom and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: What else are they doing.
Speaker 10: They're doing a couple of things to like tease you, like dropping things for Selena.
Speaker 2: Maybe what else.
Speaker 4: But like that's what is the all day? They just okay, let me okay, I guess what are we going to do today? Let's make Selena drop something again.
Speaker 2: I guess like, you're right, that doesn't sound as fun.
Speaker 4: The ghosts are bored, Johnny Turnip's right, the ghosts are bored.
Speaker 2: They're going to act a fool this year. You heard it here first.
Speaker 4: They are definitely going to be acting a fool. What I don't understand is why are they bored this year? Why haven't they been bored for the last I don't know, if the last hundred years.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the newer ghosts he's saying.
Speaker 4: There's periods in history where hauntings are a lot more. You know, the old Victorian era and all the old houses all had ghosts in them and nowadays there aren't as many ghosts out haunting, so he's saying they're making a big comeback this year.
Speaker 8: I just want to know, like, what were they doing.
Speaker 4: Were they on a Disney X cruise this entire time? Like what were they doing?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Well, Graham, does this scare you because you moved into your new house. I mean maybe you haven't seen any paranormal activity just yet. But ghost Free they don't go to new houses. They're only in old houses everybody.
Speaker 4: But our house is an old house torn down. Oh no, on the old foundation of the old house. And that was on top of a burial ground.
Speaker 10: And Graham told us yesterday I think it was well I don't, We don't know.
Speaker 8: It could have been.
Speaker 4: And I was like, really, remember that one time when we were digging the foundation we found a bone in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that was really an animal.
Speaker 10: But Graham told us about all the birds that have been flying into his house. That sounds like a little paranormal.
Speaker 2: Actually is very creepy. Yeah, there's been a lot of crows lately.
Speaker 4: Just I haven't had a well I don't know, I'm not there right now, but I didn't have a bird hit the window yesterday, not that I know of.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear what mine?
Speaker 10: Maybe they're board of your house now they moved on to the next ghost.
Speaker 3: What are your closet lights? Is turning on by itself?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I fixed that. It was just a setting on the motions.
Speaker 5: Not that's exciting.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just I'm not a believer, so you will say that easily.
Speaker 8: There's an explanation, and it is.
Speaker 4: The motion light was set to the wrong occupancy sensor setting. So I just changed it and now everything's back to normal.
Speaker 10: The other day, I I think I just scared myself. I mean I was about to get on the shower and then I felt like I saw something behind me in the mirrorower.
Speaker 8: Ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so pervy, wouldn't you if you were a ghost?
Speaker 4: Is Slena?
Speaker 8: What are you gonna sit in somebody's living room?
Speaker 4: No, you're gonna go see what they look like when they take their clothes off, right.
Speaker 8: Depend to you get to pick who you're haunting?
Speaker 2: That's true?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 3: Is it just like family, like people that you know?
Speaker 10: No, I think your back your back.
Speaker 4: I think you're anybody that you anybody that you knew when you were.
Speaker 2: Alive, I'm definitely.
Speaker 4: I've known a lot of people that like to see with the clothes off. So when I come back as a ghost, I'm gonna be like just haunting showers all over them place. Yeah.
Speaker 10: If I wasn't a scary movie, I would for sure stopp the gym, not a public.
Speaker 1: Gym, not that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, steer clear of the men's locker. About the twenty four hour fitness I've seen it off. I saw enough in real life when.
Speaker 2: You were alive.
Speaker 1: The hottest thing.
Speaker 13: It's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people are saying that Jimmy Kimmel gifted Selena Gomez a really creepy gift. She was on Jimmy Kimmel Alive on Monday nights, and not last night, but the night before. As you know, she's newly engaged to her man Benny Blanco. Are you guys finally turning a corner? Are you here for them together now? I mean I don't mind them together. Yeah, as long as I don't, we don't have to watch it.
Speaker 10: See it yet?
Speaker 8: It she puts me to sleep and he gives me the creeps.
Speaker 2: She guess, I'm so happy, Like I'm I'm one hundred percent here for it.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of I'm so happy that Yeah, this is the happiest I've ever been.
Speaker 2: She goes on Jimmy Kimmel Live and he's like, Oh, I got you guys an engagement gift.
Speaker 11: It's just something that it's not a traditional it's not necessarily a practical gift.
Speaker 1: But I think you and Benny are really going to enjoy it.
Speaker 14: Okay, okay, And this is we didn't wrap it because but it's called the Daddy Saddle.
Speaker 2: And you were right around.
Speaker 8: On Benny in a very wholesome way. Also, I don't know what anythink then, anything is being suggested here.
Speaker 2: That isn't but the Daddy Saddle. You can daddy to JV Morning Show. That's our Instagram. We've posted it on our story. The on the box is a dad on all fours and he has a saddle on his back back and like a little girl, you know, like playing horsey. You know, you know kids do that. But to get that for Selena Gomez any that's strange.
Speaker 1: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: That's very like, oh my god, Jimmy Kimmel is so creepy for doing this.
Speaker 10: Well, because out of anything that you could have gotten, who thought of this?
Speaker 2: Like, what are the writers?
Speaker 4: Jimmy Kimmel doesn't go down to the store and be like we Selena's Gomez give me the show tomorrow. I got to get her a gift and he's out there shopping the daddy saddle.
Speaker 8: This is funny.
Speaker 2: It's a joke. Weird, it's a joke. It's get it.
Speaker 8: It's a comedy show that she's on right there.
Speaker 10: I get that it's a joke, but I think it was for the wrong person because I don't think she was.
Speaker 2: She didn't see that into it. There's a little sense of humor.
Speaker 8: This is mean laughing, so funny. I'm Selena go, this is the thing they.
Speaker 2: Actually sell, Like, I've never heard of a daddy saddle before.
Speaker 8: I'm sure it was some obscure item that. Yeah, some company tries to get me, like at a.
Speaker 2: Prank shop or like a gift, you know what I mean, Like one of those weird.
Speaker 4: An adult chop, I think is what you're thinking of.
Speaker 2: No, no, it has a little kid on it.
Speaker 8: Oh, right, right, right right.
Speaker 3: I hope not an.
Speaker 2: Adult shop, but if you want to go check that out.
Speaker 3: JB Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All right, So, Paris Jackson had a secret heroin addiction. She posted this long thing yesterday celebrating five years sober from alcohol and heroine, and a lot of people were like, excuse me, when was this going on. She posted a lot of footage from when she was partying and she was like out of it, and these are things that she probably never thought she would ever post. But now five years sober, completely different person. She said today, Mark's five years clean and sober from all drugs and alcohol. To say that I'm thankful would be a poor euphanism. It's because I'm sober. I get to smile today, I get to make music, experience the joy of loving my dogs and my cat, feel heartbreak, grieve, laugh, dance, trust, feel the sun, all that stuff. I can't believe she was h I mean, she did go to rehab in twenty nineteen, but that was for like emotional health. Yeah, that's what they said at the time. Meanwhile, she was struggling with a really really bad drug addiction. Good for her. I'm not easy to overcome. Yeah, yeah, to be so now for Yeah, I think a lot of people are just taking it back by that information, like whoa, what was this happening? But good for her.
Speaker 10: I think a lot of celebrities that are going through this and we don't even know it right now because they're able to hide it so well because of all the money that they have.
Speaker 8: Fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always say that because Graham hates it.
Speaker 3: And if anyone says anything other than one hundred.
Speaker 2: You even hate a hundred percent, you hate people say.
Speaker 4: That just because it's overused, it doesn't mean it's lost its meaning.
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I use it more.
Speaker 4: Look, if you hear somebody now I'm going to give one hundred percent, that's it. You should be giving one thousand percent. Yeah, Graham, what do you have a really quick update on the fires in La devastating seeing there thousands of people have been evacuated for their homes and they're now three fires that are broken out there yesterday and last night and they are raging out of control.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: We have the Palisades fire, that Eaten fire, and the Hurst fire. All of those fires unfortunately are at zero percent containment as of this morning. Again, the video that's coming in pictures that are coming out of Larry's scary you're seeing.
Speaker 8: I saw a video of assisted living facility that it burned down.
Speaker 4: I think there's a school, high school that they're worried is about to burn down.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 4: It's just like it's affecting everything, and lots and lots of homes and businesses are being lost.
Speaker 2: So good down kind of sounds like a dream, think good thought, Yeah he too soon. No one's hurt. But like imagine like, oh, I hate school. School burned down, then you'd have to go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, then you have to be homeschooled by your mom.
Speaker 2: All right, Today's to day.
Speaker 4: San Francisco gets a new mayor, Daniel Luriy, the heir to the Levi Strauss fortune. He's gonna be sworn in today at city Hall at eleven thirty. If you want to go down and cheer them on, I guess I don't know who cares Outgoing Mayor London Breed and the police chief reported yesterday that the city has the lowest crime rate in more than twenty years. Property crime is down thirty one percent from last year, violent crime down fourteen percent from last year. Say there's a multitude of factors, but a lot of hard work from the district attorney and law enforcement I as as well as new law enforcement technology are the things to be credited for that. But that is all combined to have the city see the lowest crime rate since two thousand and one.
Speaker 8: Nice job, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Oh, way to go, it's good.
Speaker 1: We did it the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get hooked up with this JV show, Chug mug. Let's kick off with the bleep You guys know if this works right, just got to be the first person to guess today's the bleeped out word is always leave your guests on the talk back mic on the iHeart app.
Speaker 5: Let's get right to it.
Speaker 2: Here is today's clip. When you were younger, did you ever invite a boyfriend to your house and did your dad immediately try to him?
Speaker 1: Your dad did that?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Really that's not what I'm thinking, he doesn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really interesting, all right, think about what that bleeped out work could be. And remember this is a family show, so keep those guests PG leave those guesses on the talkback mic, which has moved right now, if you've noticed the newly redesigned and upgraded iHeartRadio app maca over. The little microphone button used to be right there in the sort of bottom middle.
Speaker 8: Now it's top right.
Speaker 4: So if you've misplaced your talkback mic there it is, just hit that button right there. Leave us your name and your city along with your guests. You gotta be the first crreck cancer in the morning to win your JV show.
Speaker 2: Try so, we're gonna play guest is next.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hanging out with us. We're playing what the bleep? Where you can win this JV show, Chuck Munk. All you gotta do is be the first person a guest. Today's sleeped out word. That's it. You think you know what it is? Leave it on a talkback on the free iHeartRadio app, and then we'll play the talkbacks.
Speaker 5: Back and see who do you get to write?
Speaker 2: If anyone? It's really that easy. Now, in case you missed it, here's today's clip. When you were younger, did you ever invite a boyfriend to your house? And did your dad immediately try to him?
Speaker 4: What I mean, if he was a good looking guy, I can't.
Speaker 2: La oh them too, probably, I think.
Speaker 4: So good looking, good looking guys the boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, interesting, Okay, let's go to your guesses.
Speaker 10: Morning dab shows can release some sand and my guess is interrogate.
Speaker 15: Have a good day, guys.
Speaker 2: Interrogate.
Speaker 4: You ladies don't know that feeling that us guys have to feel when you meet your girl's dad.
Speaker 2: For the first time.
Speaker 8: No, we don't have that same.
Speaker 1: I know you have.
Speaker 4: It's you're probably nervous meeting the mom or whatever, but like, it's not the same.
Speaker 8: It's not the same. It's scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys have it tough.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 13: This is from Santose.
Speaker 7: My guess is arm wrestle.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you've got arm wrestle your future father in law. So who's boss?
Speaker 2: I run the shows?
Speaker 5: Nobody?
Speaker 8: No, who would win? Your dad or your man? Selena?
Speaker 12: My dad?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: Well then, yeah, I mean back then when I brought a boyfriend home when I lived with my parents and he tried to bleed them like, no, your husband right.
Speaker 4: Now, the first time you brought aj to meet your dad.
Speaker 8: Who would have won? Who have won?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: My dad's very out of shape now, So I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: My husband Okay, good, that's the correct answer.
Speaker 2: Back then when I'm bringing in a boyfriend to that. Okay, never mind, never mind, let's move on.
Speaker 12: Good Morning JAV Show.
Speaker 2: This isn't Nicole from Discovery Day, and I think the blopt word is grill him, like the dad's going to grill him with a.
Speaker 12: Bunch of questions.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.
Speaker 5: Grill.
Speaker 8: That's a very popular guest this morning. That's a good one. Yeah, you're worried about getting grilled. Yeah, I gotta have all my answers ready. He's gonna ask about this. He's gonna ask about this.
Speaker 2: It's not grill, that's nerve wracking, trogate, and it's not arm wrestle.
Speaker 8: Nope.
Speaker 2: What could that bleeped out word be? If you think you know what it is, leave it on a talkback on the iHeart app. We are going to play more of your guesses coming up.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: By the way, we do have your chance to see the weekend at the Rose Bowl. The show sold out, but we have tickets.
Speaker 5: Don't ask how.
Speaker 2: We just have connections like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, we know a guy who knows a guy who knows this other guy.
Speaker 8: We met him behind in the alleyway behind the Best Buy tickets to say that.
Speaker 2: We'll let you know how to win those in just a second. Right now, we are playing what the bleep is your chance to win a JV show Chug Mug. You just got to be the first person against today's bleeped out word as always, Uh those guesses leave him on the talk back Mike on the iHeart app. Let's give you this clip one last time. When you were younger, did you ever invite a boyfriend to your house and did your dad immediately try to him? All right, so let's go you do you the guesses.
Speaker 7: Good morning JBI Show. This is Jen from South City.
Speaker 2: I think the bleep dot word is threaten threat.
Speaker 8: That was a popular guest this morning.
Speaker 4: Threatened as a dad of a daughter as she gets older.
Speaker 8: Yes, there will be a lot of threatening.
Speaker 2: In no, but first meeting you, first meet the guy.
Speaker 4: I just know that I'm going to hate their hair cut right when they walk up, and I'm just gonna be I'm gonna be annoyed from just from the jump, so immediately into the threatening phase. Okay, Good morning Jav's Show.
Speaker 13: This is Megan from Santa Cruz.
Speaker 7: I think the bleep dot word is punk. Your dad tried to punk him?
Speaker 2: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 12: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Unk him, that's not it.
Speaker 8: But I will also be doing that. Definitely gonna try to punk these little punks.
Speaker 13: Oh good, good morning missus.
Speaker 12: Kay is the answer today? Fight him?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 11: Have a good one.
Speaker 2: Bro. If my dad a guy like bring the first time, I would have died, like dad, what are you doing? What are you doing? Graham?
Speaker 3: Fight you? Would you do something like.
Speaker 8: That if it comes to that.
Speaker 15: Yep, Oh my good morning JV show. This is Alysta from the Heat Bay, and I think that's the missing sleep stout Ward is in Timid Day. I think Selena's dad tried to intimidate her boyfriends.
Speaker 2: I have a good day in Timid Days. Tuesday's clip Ugly. When you were younger, did you ever invite a boyfriend to your house? And did your dad immediately try to intimidate him every time you have to.
Speaker 4: That's the time that I don't plan on ever owning a firearm, but that's the time I will at least be cleaning one or something on the table when he comes over.
Speaker 10: Is that something you're actually worried about already.
Speaker 4: Because oh really, yes, every dad of a daughter has just a countdown clock.
Speaker 8: In their mind to win.
Speaker 4: This types of stuff starts to happen, and we are all terrified.
Speaker 8: That's the sole reason we're going to the gym.
Speaker 2: But even if this person makes her so happy.
Speaker 8: Don't care. Not as happy as dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean she has to move on at some point. Yeah, no, she doesn't.
Speaker 4: The other day, my daughter, Quinn, who's fine, said I'm going to live here forever with you, Dad. I love the new house. And I said, perfect, Yes.
Speaker 5: You will, my God.
Speaker 10: And then next week she's gonna say she hates you.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter. I put the locked. I locked her back in, writing a lock during her room, just the same, kick it out. I'm protecting her from all these Yeah, from all these punks out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, let just give a couple of shoutouts, shall we? A couple of shoutouts? First to listen from the East Bay. What's up, Melissa?
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 2: East Bay? What's up?
Speaker 4: She had the very first Craig answer this morning, and henceforth she will be drinking her coffee out of a brand new jav Show child month, A lot of other people came with the correct answer.
Speaker 14: This morning, our buddy David and Martinez had it. So did Charles and San Jose. What's up, Charles, what's up? Our buddy Lance in San Ramon had it. So did Sandy and San Leandro, Frankie and Valeo had it. So to Kim and San Jose, Gina in San Francisco, Alex and Benicia, what's up?
Speaker 8: Alex John in Fremont had it.
Speaker 14: So to Rolando in valleo hometown right there, Melissa and San Jose had it.
Speaker 4: So to West in Panola, amongst a few other people. There's some last minute guests is coming in. I assume some other people got it crackt and I apologize. I haven't been able to shot you out.
Speaker 8: Guys.
Speaker 4: On the end, A lot of people had it not a lot of people got a chugmugs.
Speaker 3: The only ones it's not fast enough.
Speaker 5: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: We'll do it again tomorrow morning seven five. Remember when you win that chuck mug, check your email. That's how we're going to reach out to get the info from you to send.
Speaker 5: You your chug mug really quick.
Speaker 2: As promised. Information on how you can win tickets for the weekend. He is going to be at the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 3: Look, the show sold out.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 3: Hate to break it to you, but you ain't getting in there.
Speaker 2: Unless you win right here with a JV show, So leave us a talk back with your name city, why you love a Waldony for nine.
Speaker 5: That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Leave us at talkbuck. That's going to qualify you to win these tickets. You just gotta leave that talk back between the hours of six and nine am.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: I'm Selina Brahm and I'm just let's go to the phone's Waldony for nine. Hi?
Speaker 16: Who is this Stephanie?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 2: Stephanie. How's your Wednesday going so far? It's great.
Speaker 8: Now we'll see about that.
Speaker 2: A lot of confidence.
Speaker 8: Coming into this game.
Speaker 2: Okay. I have my kids in the car.
Speaker 10: We play every morning, so we will see how we do.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 8: I got a good feeling about this.
Speaker 3: I do too.
Speaker 2: What are our kids name? I I agree?
Speaker 8: What guys?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: And then I have Mason also Cole and may Oh yeah, nice job. Okay, So he must be the lucky one because you got through and you're on right now to play the JB show.
Speaker 3: Yep, nope, game jess what's on the line?
Speaker 10: Did they have two tickets for Jay Bibbing when he comes to right?
Speaker 2: You guys know how this works is say you play every day. You got to get three out of four correct and the tickets are yours.
Speaker 5: Let's see how you do.
Speaker 2: Question number one former Oakland A Ricky Henderson who recently passed away. He's baseball's all time leader in what statistical category? Stolen base Ye?
Speaker 4: Wow, a dude stole a lot of a lot of bases, a lot of bases.
Speaker 8: And yeah, he passed over over the holiday. Really sad, way too young.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Question number two, The Berlin Wall was torn down in nineteen eighty nine, unifying What.
Speaker 2: Can you repeat the first part?
Speaker 8: The Berlin Wall torn down nineteen eighty nine? Unified? What country? Berlin?
Speaker 16: Germany?
Speaker 2: Question number three there are three primary colors red, yellow, and what?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 2: Blue?
Speaker 8: Three? Three?
Speaker 4: You don't even need this last question, but we'll give it to you anyways.
Speaker 8: Question number four.
Speaker 4: How many time zones are there in the contigious United States?
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, in the United States, we have East, West, Central Mountain four. Wow.
Speaker 8: I told you I had a good feeling about them.
Speaker 2: I told you your pole was lucky. Nice John Amazon, you just got two tickets to wake.
Speaker 5: You're very well.
Speaker 2: We love you, guys, No, we love you more. Do me a favorite, Just hang on for that winning Grandma got some shout out.
Speaker 4: Oh we do you know? Mom's being my dms. Moms being my DMS. I got one, says say Graham, Mom and your DM. Can you please wish my son Maddie happy twelfth birthday on Wednesday? Please tell him I'm so proud of him. I love how caring, intelligent and creative he is. He's killing it on his YouTube page. Why Castros y k A S t r o Z Why Castros I.
Speaker 8: Don't know what thatt to check him out. We love you so much, Maddie.
Speaker 4: That's from a mom, Rob, Anthony, Marcus and Grandma, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: So happy happy birthday, Maddie, gothday.
Speaker 8: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Another one here it says I'd like to shout up my daughter Ayana for her tenth birthday. Her and my husband listening to your station every morning on our way to school. Please and thank you from Anhilica. So happy happy birthday, Yana.
Speaker 8: Good point one.
Speaker 9: More.
Speaker 4: Here it says hey Graham, Happy New Year. We don't say that anymore. Yesterday was the last day day I can say happy now anyways, it says my son Sen turned thirteen on Christmas Day. I'd like to say how proud of him his mom and dad are, and we think he will make a great pilot one day.
Speaker 8: He's interested in becoming an aircraft pilot. Thank you. And I think that's from John Smith.
Speaker 2: And don't forget your favorite radio host. And we need some flights.
Speaker 4: Yes, happy belated birthday is the fun Let me reiterate that is the last and final belated birthday shout.
Speaker 2: From when we were out over the holidays. One that's the last one.
Speaker 4: If you had a birthday over Christmas New Year's time, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 8: More importantly the fart and we're done there.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine nine.
Speaker 2: While people really want these weekend tickets.
Speaker 7: Good morning JV Show. This is Olga from Morgan Hill. I love the JV Show. You guys keep me going in the mornings and just look forward to your show every day. You keep my work morning exciting and keep up the great work.
Speaker 3: Love you all love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that. Yeah, if you want to enter to see the Weekend at the Rose Bull, the show is sold out. Just leave us a talk back, just like that one with your name city. Why you love Waldony for nine and that is going to get you qualified collar.
Speaker 13: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the face.
Speaker 2: So what is going to happen with the ring Ben Affleck gave to j Lo. Now, yesterday we covered all things from their divorce, which has finally been settled. Remember there was no prenup, so it was kind of like messing in the beginning. But basically, if you missed it, they're gonna each be keeping everything that they earned themselves, no spouse support. Jane Little is going to be changing her last name back to Lopez. What we didn't cover, however, is the ring.
Speaker 3: And you probably guessed it. Yes, it's official.
Speaker 2: J Lo will get to keep the eight point five care five.
Speaker 3: Million dollar ring. Why are you cheering for this?
Speaker 2: Just that' kind of nights? I wouldn't want to give it back.
Speaker 8: You think she just has a case full of all the rings she's kept.
Speaker 2: Yes, this officially brings her ring collection from romantic partners to six rings. It's worth an estimated seventeen million dollars total with all of them.
Speaker 4: I wonder if yeah, she has like a glass case like in the hallway of one of her mansions and below kench ring. Below each ring is like a name and a date, you know, the person that she us gives to it, and then how long and like you get to look at each of them, like see a little piece of history.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious. Yeah, now, Graham, I know you have a lot of new information about the wildfires raging in southern California really quick. Speaking of Ben Affleck, he was seen evacuating early this morning and driving him and everybody else a lot of people, yeah, tens of thousands of people. He was as far as celebrities go. He was seen this morning in his car. I don't know why he was wearing like a three piece suit. He was like all dressed up, evacuating, racing to Jennifer Garner's house. It's unclear if he was going to help her evacuate or if he was just going to stay there because he couldn't stay at his house that we don't know, but Mandy Moore had to evacuate, Jamie Lee Curtis Alabama Barker. There's also a lot of celebrities whose homes are in the path of destruction, although we don't know if they've evacuated just yet, Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Reeze Witherspoon, Miles Teller. We also know that Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt they already lost their home due to the fires.
Speaker 3: Burnt to the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean if Ben Affleck's seen racing out in a tucks or a three piece suit or whatever it's in this scenario, when the fire is moving that fast with that much wind, you don't have time to be like.
Speaker 2: What do you think of wear with the fires?
Speaker 4: So like my evacuation outfit, be like, you don't have time. You get out with whatever the clothes on your back. You don't have time to gather up your things. You get your you know, your loved ones and hopefully your pets.
Speaker 8: And you get out.
Speaker 2: You don't have time to grab your box of memories and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: You just flee.
Speaker 4: I remember there was a forest fire near my house growing up. I've told this story and a buddy in my buddy I was in high school and we were trying on our suits that we were going to wear.
Speaker 8: To the upcoming dance.
Speaker 4: And we liked wearing ridiculous stuff to the dances, as you can imagine. And I was wearing a peach colored suit and he was wearing a powdered blue colored suit.
Speaker 8: And a forest fire broke out right there.
Speaker 4: I lived in a really forested part in the hills of Napa, and we were out there fighting the fire before firefighters could get there, in our ridiculous suits with ruffled shirts, the whole nine.
Speaker 8: We used to wear ridiculous stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that sounds like a movie.
Speaker 4: And we were out there fighting the fire in some polyester suits. I mean, it was just like you don't have time, like you just have to spring into action. But when the firefighters pulled up, they looked very puzzled. Tell me that you two clowns didn't start this fire, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: They didn't believe us for a second, like, no, it was not us.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so you're white. You just get out with whatever, with whatever you can and quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they showed that one scene on and if you guys saw yesterday when they were as people were evacuating from the Palisades fire that was the first fire to break out yesterday. They there was so much traffic congestion and all the roads getting out that they told people get out of your cars and run, you know, you don't want to be.
Speaker 8: Trapped here because it was gridlocked traffic.
Speaker 4: And then firefighters then couldn't get through because it was a big street full of abandoned cars. And these are nice cars because the houses that are fleeing the Palisades fire, you know, like you said, celebrity home, fairy, expensive mens and they just got out this huge bulldozer and just crushed right through them all just to clear up to clear path for firefighters to get through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So sorry, you said there's a new Teslas.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fourth fire, unfortunately, has ignited in La County this morning. The Woodley Fire sparked off early this morning near Van nuys Is, burning just off the four or five where it started. It's already burned close to one hundred acres. That was as of seven am this morning, had zero percent containment. The Woodley fire joins the Palisades fire that we just talked about the Eaton fire and the Hurst fire, and they've combined to burn thousands of acres so far and have continued to spread at a very rapid rate because they're fueled by very dry conditions and just crazy winds. The winds were crazy yesterday afternoon and through the.
Speaker 2: Alabama Alabama, and she posted that firefighters told you that the fires are going. They're spreading like the size of football fields in seconds.
Speaker 8: Like yep.
Speaker 4: The fire fueled by winds are going that fast, can go miles in minutes, you know, burn literally miles a minute, so you don't have much time to evacuate. So hopefully we heard reports on that is they're just trying to get people out. But hopefully everyone was able to get out. The winds were so bad last night that they had to suspend air you know, the air firefighting efforts that the helicopters and planes, which is probably the best tool that firefighters have right now. Hopefully those have resumed this morning as the winds have calmed down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But they couldn't do that all of last night. So you know last night when the.
Speaker 4: Winds were whipping, and they're whipping here, but they were way worse down there. You know that those fires jumped and grew in size massively last night, so incredibly scary. Hopefully everybody, obviously all of us know people or have loved ones and family in La, so think good thoughts, yes.
Speaker 2: Sending up positivity to everyone down there. All right, Thank you Graham the.
Speaker 1: JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 15: Andreana from Conquered and I wanted to call in and just give you guys a shout out. Thank you for everything that you do. And I've been listening to you guys for a lot of years and I'm an og listener, and thank you for always making my morning have something to look forward to driving the car and all of your different personalities. I think you guys drive together good. It always feels like a party in the morning on the radio, and that's awesome. You guys do a great job.
Speaker 2: So thank you, thank you, no, thank you, thank you for that talk pack, thank you for listening, and yes you are qualified for zille gaes. Not too late to get your talkbacks in if you're trying to go check out Abel again the Rose Bowl. The show is sold out.
Speaker 5: Let's do one more talk back here.
Speaker 2: Unrelated to the weekend, I mentioned that Justin and I are doing dry January.
Speaker 9: All right, Selena cried, Jess, all right, dry January. I'm doing it too. Last drink was yer Zeb around ten thirty and going strong sign with you girls, let's do this.
Speaker 2: We can do it. Love you guys. Hope you have a great day. Hey, you too, we can It makes me feel better.
Speaker 8: I'm so glad I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: It's actually it's not that bad during the week.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I went out to dinner last night at a cocktail.
Speaker 8: It was fantastic. It was great. It's so delicious, had a nice meal.
Speaker 2: Well, good for you, loved it so earlier this week, Graham, you kind of set some ground rules because Jess and I we've committed. We're in this thing where added motivation. Yeah, so the added motivation is yeah, yeah, it's not even motivation. It's hey, we just don't want to suffer if we break this. So basically, Graham is like, look, if you guys break dry January, you have a drink, we would have to do a shoey out of the other person's shoe.
Speaker 4: It's Selena verse Jess and whatever drink it is that caused you to misdry January. Let's just say it's a bloody Mary Jess. You I think you love those, and you cave it and you finally have one, and when we find out about that, you'd be drinking a bloody Mary right out of Selena's crock.
Speaker 2: So I am percent committed to this drag January thing because I don't want to drink at a Justice shoe, and I kind of feel like you feel the same.
Speaker 10: No drink is worth having to drink out of your crack.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 8: I know if like these shoes would be worse than Jess's.
Speaker 10: Sweatier, I think, yeah, it's happen.
Speaker 2: I neither bring my my crocs the ones that have like the fur on the inside so they're all like sweated through and matted, or bring my gym shoes. Oh no, anyways, but just you don't want to do that. Oh no, neither do I. So I feel like we're taking this thing really seriously.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: I do have just.
Speaker 2: One concern here we go, let me get my shot. It's not about us breaking it. It's about you not believing us.
Speaker 3: Graham.
Speaker 4: True, that is a very key element to this because this is the honor system.
Speaker 2: So if we come back though from a weekend and we're like, yeah, I swear put it on everything that we did not have a drop of alcohol, are you going to believe us?
Speaker 7: True?
Speaker 4: I think I will, unless I have suspicions to think otherwise. Okay, okay, but I can I can tell when you guys are lying. Just as the worst liar.
Speaker 2: I'm worry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you can't keep it?
Speaker 2: Okay, So like what about this? Like I have an event coming up at the Old Sugar Mill.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 2: It's a winery and Sacramento, and look, I'm not planning to drink because again I don't want to drink out of Justice Shoe.
Speaker 3: But once I.
Speaker 2: Go do that and I come back, are you going to believe me?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: Have you ever seen that exact what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Like, even if I actually do this, I come back and you're just gonna sit here and call me a liar. That's not really fair.
Speaker 8: Have you ever set foot in a winery without having a drink.
Speaker 3: No, but I wasn't doing dry January. With the consequence of having a drink at of Justice Shoe.
Speaker 10: You're gonna be You're gonna be hanging out with JV show listeners. It's going to be such a fun time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why drinks some Old Sugar Mill out of Jess's boots.
Speaker 5: I just give it up. I'm glad you mentioned that.
Speaker 2: That's why I almost feel like I need more people to come to act as like my witness to vouch for me that that mud we tend back.
Speaker 5: No, that I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe me because the worst thing gram is if I go through this entire month and suffer and I have a drunk drop an alcohol just to come back and you call me a liar. That's a good.
Speaker 10: Point, because I'm taking this seriously only because I really do not want to drink out of Selena's shoes again.
Speaker 8: Selena' shoes if you have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so you need some we need some watchdogs, We need some more, We need more Jamie Show listeners to attend your thing again.
Speaker 2: So it's coming up on the eighteenth Old Sugar Mill. Okay, you can just go to Wilde for nine dot com slash Old Sugar Mill and register just so your name is like on the list, and it's gonna be It is gonna be a lot of fun me and so it's me, you know my sister. Yeah, she's gonna be there too. It's like our events.
Speaker 8: So she's not doing dry January. One of you guys have.
Speaker 2: Not, so she's she's going to be the fun one. I just I just need people there to witness me not drinking. Please, I'm sorry, Selena, you said your.
Speaker 5: Sister's gonna be there.
Speaker 10: You guys seem like you got you guys have a lot of fun together.
Speaker 8: And I know, okay, do you write the pregame? You guys like the pregame before events.
Speaker 2: This is even this is the reason not even more people, because out I need both of you guys to believe that I am not I am not giving in. I'm not drinking at this thing.
Speaker 4: I'll need to talk to your sister. You can, you can, you can bring her on. You can sip and spit out of winery they have. They usually have a little spit bucket, so she's allowed to taste around.
Speaker 2: I'm not even gonna do that. I'm not even gonna do that.
Speaker 8: I would do that, but that's what.
Speaker 2: I'm sad because if I accidentally swallow a drop, I'm gonna feel like guilty. And like a failure. And I don't want someone seeing me sip and not see the spit part and they're like, oh, yeah, she drank and they come back and tell you that, like yeah.
Speaker 10: We're gonna eat the security footage from old Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Look, it's just it's just a shoey.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 8: Not that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: I am not doing Also, if you make it all the way to the eighteenth and dry January, that's pretty admirable.
Speaker 2: I am not shoey through the month. I'm not shoey dot com slash Old Sugar Milt. Please register, Please come hang out with me. You can drink wine there. There's gonna be like Charkouterie. We're gonna have games. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Please bear witness to know where you make.
Speaker 10: Please buy Selena a wine glass.
Speaker 8: Yes, get her a glass of wine there.
Speaker 5: Yes I can, Yes, I can.
Speaker 8: You're screwed this and there's no.
Speaker 2: Way watch me, watch me. But again, I come back and I tell you I didn't drink. You're gonna believe me.
Speaker 8: I will, but I again. Third party verification would be great.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, someone someone can about for mail shout out to the Old Sugar mil Yeah.
Speaker 2: You can't wait and be from noon to two. Can't wait to see everyone there. Let's say it again, Wilthony Fornight dot com slash Old Sugar Mill.
Speaker 1: All right there the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, a lot of people trying to win these tickets for the weekend. You know, we got your soul. Doown tickets to check them out at the Rose Bowls.
Speaker 17: Carry from Stockton. And I'm a big fan of the JV Show simply because of Selena and Graham. Love you guys lots. You keep doing what you do and I'll keep listening.
Speaker 4: Have a great day, everyone, best talk back at twenty twenty five.
Speaker 8: But Jess, would you like to address not being mentioned?
Speaker 10: Did not talk back, But it's okay, you know, twenty twenty five movie of the year that I make it, and then hopefully twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: She needs to talk back.
Speaker 2: For now, you know, I'll just be here. Can you speak up a little bit?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I couldn't he quite hear you.
Speaker 10: Though, I'll be here and listen to.
Speaker 12: Hear.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you for that. Talkback guest. If you want these sold out tickets for the weekend at the Rose Bowl. Leave us at talkback, Jeff like that one of your name city. Why you love Wildony for nine Even if you don't love Jess so much, that's okay.
Speaker 5: You know you can leave us a talkbag.
Speaker 2: You gotta do it by nine am. We're doing this all week by the way, but do it by nine am to make sure you're in there entered to win. So Nearly half of Americans, according to this survey, carry a backup pair of underwear just in case something happens during the day. Seventy percent of those who carry the spare pair say that they've actually had to use their backup underwear.
Speaker 4: Hey, in case of emergency, break glass and grab your spare pear Graham.
Speaker 2: You've said before, all men, most men have an extra You.
Speaker 5: Can actually take this with you, please, smart.
Speaker 4: Smart guys have an extra pair with them. I don't currently, but I need to replenish my spare pair and put one back in my car. I usually you usually have a spare sweatshirt in there, right, You have a sweatshirt or a jacket in your car just in case he keeps some clothing there. Why not keep a spare pair in there. I guess it's just a case of emergency. By the way, this isn't limited just to men.
Speaker 2: You know women in this survey as well, to say they carry a spare and all fail. Well, it's not just that. Here's some of the reasons why people need a backup pair of underwear. Thirty nine percent say, you know, just in case they have an accident. Yes, it does happen. Thirty seven say in case they need to change their clothes at some point during the day, Like why not change the undies while I'm at it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you work out or something and whatever, or it's a hot day, you're sweaty, get a fresh pair.
Speaker 2: Eighteen percent say they're just accident prone. If they spill something on themselves, let's just change everything.
Speaker 8: Soaks all the way down to the undies. Interesting, quite the spill.
Speaker 10: I thought about putting together like an emergency kit, but emergencies not as in like oh my god, if my car breaks down, more like fashion emergencies or.
Speaker 2: Accident like extra maga, extra.
Speaker 10: Clothes, stuff like that. So underwear has definitely been on the list.
Speaker 2: I just haven't done it really, Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little fashion emergency also put a flash light in there with some fresh batteries, a radio, some water can.
Speaker 8: Goods just in case.
Speaker 4: That way you can survive a fashion emergency or an actual emergency. Okay, we always be prepared.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I don't leave my house enough to like have to carry an extra pair, but if I am, if I know I'm changing in the middle of the day or something like that, then yeah, you just kind of stuff that with your change of clothes. Yeah, I will say, with having a son, everywhere we go, carry an extra pair for him everywhere we go.
Speaker 8: You have to.
Speaker 4: And I mean I told that story recently when we were going to Great America in the fall and my son. I was bringing my son and he, you know, trusted something that he shouldn't have trusted, and he paid the consequences, and I was so bummed, because you know, it's seven years old.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking I'm done.
Speaker 4: I've passed the phase of leaving the house with that bag full of it, you know, wipes.
Speaker 8: And all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But I think it's a smart kit to still carry, even probably all the way till he's still with high school at least, and then once he's in college he's on his own. But I should probably get through the teen years because you never know. I drive to high school, you know, yeah, something might happen along the way and rather than turn and drive all the way home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so carry that's spare. Yeah, not tired, No, Undie's obviously.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about how nearly half of a Marria again to keep up a spare pair of underwear on them just in case, you know, variety of reasons.
Speaker 11: That's why in regards to spare underwear, I mean, if you've had a kid and you want to go on a trampoline or sneeze or laugh.
Speaker 2: Who you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Selena, Selena, do you know what she's talking about? It you go on a trampoline or sneeze her laugh because you've had children, do you need a spare set?
Speaker 3: That actually doesn't happen to me?
Speaker 2: And if it did, I would I would be honest and I would just say it would. I'm not saying, of course everyone's laughed so hard that you know, yeah, yeah, but it doesn't happen on the regular because of having children. Noting cough really hard. No, not for me.
Speaker 8: Well, so you're judging hers. Huh.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: I say that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, all right, there is a cereal dinon Dasher on the loose.
Speaker 8: Have you guys heard of Jared Scott.
Speaker 2: Now he's a thirty six.
Speaker 4: Year old man and he has been arrested for a few of these incidents, but he continues to terrorize San Francisco and parts of San Mateo County.
Speaker 8: Apparently this is what he does.
Speaker 4: He goes into the bar, orders usually a shot at tequila.
Speaker 8: This is what some bar owners.
Speaker 4: Have said, gets a shot a tequila and a draft cider or a draft beer, sits down and then they say how much he'll be And meanwhile he's drinking both things and he says, oh, I forgot my I gotta get my I don't have my card or whatever. Let me go get some cash, and then he just bails out and leaves and he's now had two free drinks. And he has done this at a number of different places. Apparently he hit up a red lobster. I think on New Year's Eve is one of the places that he tried to do this at, and he actually was sighted he did. Cops caught up with them. Since been released. Jess, can you see if we can get Jared Scott on the show. I'd love to talk to him. Yes, this guy's apparently has been victimizing all sorts of bars and restaurants all across the city. Because as his story has developed, there's even been a thread on Twitter x whatever you want to call it, and different bar runners have been chiming in.
Speaker 8: Yes, I know that guy. He did that here and.
Speaker 4: The list of places that he's victimized has only grown.
Speaker 2: We know his names, so, I mean there's footage of him. Do we have pictures and stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen a picture of him. I've seen a picture and posted on a few local news outlets, so we know what he looks like, we know what his name is, and we know he has been charged with dining and dashing at a few different places, even as far back as a year ago. I won a sushi restaurant Sam MATAEO. He got busted for that. So he has been charged several times, but that ain't stopping him. He continues to victimize places. He just orders orders a couple of drinks. Oh my, I forgot my card, or he'll say I don't want to use your guys ATM because of the ATM fees.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go get cash at my bank and they'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And he allows that, like you won't leave it.
Speaker 8: Some people have a trusting face. I don't know. I bartended for a long time.
Speaker 4: You don't always necessarily need to receive payment right away. You just go, oh, okay, yeah, that's fine, run out. You trust people. Yeah, the bartending is a people business. You're dealing with people all day long in a really busy bar at night, yes, you need the money there because they're going to get lost into the crowd.
Speaker 8: But if it's daytimes, the.
Speaker 4: Afternoon and you have a good handle and you can see everybody in the place, yeah, open up a tab or whatever. I'll just keep a mental tab running for you and I know what you've had. And then when you are ready to leave and say goodbye, I say, hey, okay, that's forty eight dollars whatever it is. You know, that's just the way it works.
Speaker 10: Did you ever have to like confront someone about not paying or taking too long?
Speaker 8: I mean this has definitely happened before.
Speaker 4: People will definitely whether or not it's intentional, because some people I think just you know, they've had a few too many and they still out forget that they hadn't paid. I mean, everybody under the sun would leave their credit card on accident. Yeah, let me open up a tab and then they leave it and come back and get the next day. Some of those cards would get declined, and you kind of wonder did they do that on purpose?
Speaker 8: Oh, lost my card. Then we go to swipe it. Oh it doesn't even work.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's a trick.
Speaker 4: Most bar is now pre swipe. Right when you do your first order, they swipe the card to make sure it'll authorize and then you can continue to add to your.
Speaker 2: Che Jared Scott, you think he has social media, I'm gonna I'm gonna search for him, Jared Scott.
Speaker 8: If you're listening, he probably listens to the j prosiably.
Speaker 2: I mean, who does it.
Speaker 4: We would love to have a just a just a little chat, see you know what's going.
Speaker 2: On, okay, Jess, try to get him on. Yes, give us a call.
Speaker 8: Three three n You can leave it talk back too if you want.
Speaker 12: Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you will be anonymous on the free iHeartRadio. You can be anonymous, don't even have to know your name.
Speaker 10: Yeah, although we just will take it out of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jared the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine, thank you so much for hanging.
Speaker 2: Out with this with us. Graham, you were just talking about Jared Scott.
Speaker 8: Yes, he is the.
Speaker 2: Cereal dining dasher. I can't believe he's been arrested for this on more than one occasion and he's still just out dining and dashing.
Speaker 4: Orders a drink from a bar, drinks most of it, walks right out.
Speaker 18: Hey, if you guys get a hold of this Jared Scott, you need to ask him where the Red Lobster he did this at, because I thought they went out of business and I sure would like some of their cheese bread if they by that out for me.
Speaker 4: I can find that out for you. He was arrested, I believe on New Year's Eve dining dashing from the Red Lobster. This is the one in on El Camino, Reale and San Bruno. Red Lobster has. While they've filed bankruptcy and gone through some tough times, they are still open for business and there are several Bay area locations, So go get your cheddar Bay biscuits and whatever else. Red Lobster is still alive.
Speaker 2: Good to know.
Speaker 13: It's all the stuff you need to know what hot music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: So I think jay Z might actually come out of this lawsuit clean as you know he has. Well, he's being sued by a woman who claims that she was assaulted by him and Diddy when she was thirteen years old. And Jay is the first person who's really took a stand, who is fighting back, and he's not paying office accuser. He truly, you know, wants everyone to believe that he is innocent. Now listen to this. So he's coming for the lawyer Tony Busby, who is representing all of the accusers, will most of them, at least in this instance, a large number he is. Yeah, he's coming for for Tony Busby for not doing his homework. When someone comes to you with these allegations that have the potential to ruin someone's reputation, you have to make sure that they are factual. So here's what jay Z is countering him with. He says, for example, the accuser says that the attack happened at a large white resident with a gated U shaped driveway about twenty minutes from the VMA's. He says that there are no photos showing Jaz at any such residence. In fact, there are photos showing Jay at a nightclub in Manhattan after the awards show. That's where he was. The accuser prove anything, okay, Well, the accuser try. The accuser claimed her dad picture up after the assault. Her dad has no recollection of that.
Speaker 8: Well, what year was this?
Speaker 2: Uh, this was two thousand, but he says it would have been a ten hour drive back to where they were, so that seems like something that one would.
Speaker 8: Remember, probably, but doesn't prove anything.
Speaker 2: The woman claims that she watched the VMAs that year on a jumbo tron outside of Radio City Music Hall, but Jay says there are no photos that show there was any such screen outside of Radio City. In fact, that year in New York City denied MTV's request to use one, so there was no jumbo tron. Jay also points to her claim that she talked to Benji Madden while she was at the after party, but Benji's rep told NBC that he wasn't even there because his band was touring the Midwest didn't go to the vmales that year.
Speaker 8: So her memory could be a little fuzzy about the year. It doesn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is what why things go to court because and it's tough, obviously because the these cases and these incidents when people come forward in a long time has passed.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that couldn't even remember what you.
Speaker 8: Were doing twenty years ago. No, I was in the womb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, not even born, animal and half.
Speaker 4: I was sleeping peacefully in my crib. Of course I had just been born. Yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't. You know, It's just it is really tough to know what's what's factual and what's not. Of course they're his lawyers are doing a great job of poking holes in.
Speaker 2: In everything in this I did story, But.
Speaker 4: It doesn't rule out, you know, that something could have happened. We don't know. We just don't know.
Speaker 2: I did think maybe maybe she got the year wrong. Yeah, you know, maybe it was What if it was two thousand and one, what if it was ninety nine.
Speaker 10: I just think with the amount of time that Diddy and jay Z have been friends and have been working together, like, it's hard to not believe that something like this has happened.
Speaker 2: And Tony budsby just to give the other side. He's not backing down. He says that he will not be intimidated. They stand by their claims. You guys, remember Twitch, He was a DJ on the Ellen Degeneral Show back and back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: He passed away, committed suicide. It was so sad.
Speaker 2: His wife, Allison, she has since moved on from what I've read, but she and Twitch they have three kids together, and right now she is getting so much backlash. She has a new memoir coming out next month called This Far, and so she did this interview to obviously promote the book, and Twitch's family and fans not happy about it. They say that she's just sharing way too many personal details about him that he probably would not want out there. She says that she found out after his death that he was hiding a drug addiction.
Speaker 3: Here's that clip.
Speaker 16: A moment I was with one of my really dear friends and we were cleaning out the closet and picking out an outfit for him the funeral, and it was a really triggering moment for me because there was a lot of things I discovered in our closet that I did not know existed, and it was very alarming to me to learn that there was so much happening that I had no clue, so that it was a really scary moment in my life to figure that out. But it also helped me process that he was going through so much and he was hiding so much, and there must have been a lot of shame in that, and it was very alarming and scary to find those things and have never known.
Speaker 2: So supposedly she found like drug paraphernalia. Now his family is spoken out in there, like blasting her, like he smoked weed, like it was weed like and he was even trying to stop that. But most of all they're like, why are you even speaking on this man. She also said that there were journal entries where he implied that maybe he was like molested as a child by a male figure, and so everyone's like, bro, like this is the father of your children. Why are you saying these things publicly? Like maybe to the family if that's something you feel like you need to share. This is not for public consumption.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how did she get a book deal?
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot, like the who you know?
Speaker 4: I'd like to read a book from twitches like what what's her name again?
Speaker 2: That's like the shocking part to her name's Alison.
Speaker 4: That's the shocking part to me about this whole thing is that, yeah, anybody is.
Speaker 2: Gonna yeah, fans are already like boyfriends, don't read it, be like, yes, let's put some money into this.
Speaker 8: This one will make money. But I mean part of it.
Speaker 4: Is what if she's just as as they say, living her truth.
Speaker 8: And that was a moment that you know.
Speaker 2: She responded to the bathroom coping with.
Speaker 4: Her because she's dealing with grief as well. She lost her husband.
Speaker 3: She's responded to the backlass.
Speaker 2: She says that she's saying these things because it all ties back to mental health and she's hoping that this could help somebody, like hey, if you are in the situation, reach out to somebody, which I do think she means well.
Speaker 8: But it still seems like a publicity to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just disrespectful to not only your late husband, but to the kids.
Speaker 3: This is their father, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 4: I had some sad updates to the fires in La So far, two people have been confirmed to have been killed in the blazes.
Speaker 8: Local officials fearful that.
Speaker 4: Number going to continue to go upse These were very very fast moving fires because all the crazy wins yesterday and last night gave people very little time to evacuate. They're currently four fires burning out of control in LA. They have already scorched thousands of acres and are at zero percent containment.
Speaker 8: Today will be pivotal day in the firefight.
Speaker 4: To see if winds kind of ease up a bit and they can gain any ground on these We have just learned this morning that more than eleven hundred structures have already been destroyed, most of those being homes in the Palisades area. That is an incredible amount of structures to be burned in such a short period of time. Very scary, and I hope everyone was able to get out because when we saw fast, when my fire destroyed this many structures that quick was like the Paradise Fire and not that you know a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Did knock get out.
Speaker 3: So oh that's a scary thought.
Speaker 8: Good thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you Graham.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: You know we do every Wednesday it's our Cool or Not list. You throw some things out and we ask is that cool?
Speaker 11: Or not.
Speaker 3: Do you guys mind if I take it off now?
Speaker 2: Cool or not? The effects that these weight loss meds are having on my husband cool?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 2: Wait? Are they good?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean so you let me know. I mean the weight loss obviously good. It's cool, like major success there. But I also feel less bad about forcing him to do drid January with me because he has no desire to drink whatsoever.
Speaker 8: I've heard that from people.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's actually a thing.
Speaker 10: I love that because then you don't have to fight the desires.
Speaker 2: So it's like working all around for.
Speaker 8: Him and you get yeah, you're getting healthy on multiple levels.
Speaker 2: Right, and then so it makes it easier for me because I'm not having to like be home because I'm doing drid January too, and like he's not just yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: You need a support system. We're doing dry January.
Speaker 2: Bron In like doesn't even want to smoke weed anymore.
Speaker 8: Do I even know this guy?
Speaker 11: I know?
Speaker 2: Like, who are you worried about it?
Speaker 10: Like thing for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Every day every day now, I'm definitely worried about it. New Years changed.
Speaker 4: I don't know him at all. Not cool, No, it's still cool. It's still cool. It's still cool, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've married somebody different, Like, who are you a whole different person? Oh no, you have to.
Speaker 10: Change too, so that you're both two different people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you have to smart start smoking tons of weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just the balance, right, Well.
Speaker 8: She's already doing that.
Speaker 5: No, not this.
Speaker 2: Month, not this month.
Speaker 3: Wait, people do dry January.
Speaker 2: That's just alcohol, right, People who do smoke weed, they can still smoke. Yeah, it's not like a like completely dry, like nothing.
Speaker 8: I wonder if there's a version of dry January but for weed.
Speaker 2: But it's normally just drinking everything else.
Speaker 4: You can still do smoke free September that's the thing Everytmber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we're going cool for that one. Yeah, very yeah, Graham, what.
Speaker 8: Are you guys saying cool or not?
Speaker 4: My wife made me switch sides of the bed now that we've moved into a new house, and it is the absolute.
Speaker 2: Worst cool not.
Speaker 4: Not cool, Thank you, Selena. My wife has to sleep on We've talked about this before. She has to sleep on the side of the bed that's closest to the door for some safety reason. I think, I don't know. Wouldn't you want to be farther away? From the attacker whatever. That's the side you have to sleep on. And I had a pretty long run of sleeping on the other side of the bed between I think our last two places.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 4: No, I've switched, but for the last four years, basically I've been on one side and now over to the other. And I can't sleep. Yeah, my arm falls asleep on that side. I like to sleep on my side facing off the bed, and I'm sleeping now my right arm and it falls asleep every night and I wake up and I gotta lift use my other arm to lift my dead arm up and wiggle it around, try to get some blood flow back.
Speaker 2: Did it happen on the other side. Nope, because you're so used to it. I was so used to it with you, Graham. I can't do that. I can't sides to think her too.
Speaker 10: She didn't want to switch her side, And if there was ever a good time, she's the one that's making But if there was ever a time to switch, it's when you're starting brand new in a new house.
Speaker 8: That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: But I'm thinking of asking for a switchback. I can't live like this.
Speaker 3: Can't it make you feel like you're sleeping somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean ahere else. But you know how it is like not sleeping in your own house or your own bed. You're like constantly up and tossing and turning because you're not comfortable.
Speaker 4: Plus I go to get out of bed, I'm still in bed. I'm moving the wrong direction.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: It takes me a while to figure out tis well, to figure out where which way I'm going. I'm used to getting out of bed out there at one side. Anymore, it's ruined. It's ruining a lot of stuff for me. I'm thinking about asking for a switchback.
Speaker 10: In the new house. Is your dog's still sleep sleeping in your guys's bed?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah, you guys have.
Speaker 3: A bigger bed though now not yet.
Speaker 4: Well you bought a bigger that's right, bought a bigger bed frame. Movie don't have the bigger mattress. Yeah, it looks ridiculous, it looks stupid.
Speaker 2: Can you please bring a picture.
Speaker 4: It's just like, you know, it's just like queen size mattress on a king sized bed.
Speaker 8: It's just there's a lot of space around it.
Speaker 4: I'm excited that that extra space will be getting filled by a bigger mattress someday and then you have a little more space for a golden retriever in there, because.
Speaker 2: Right now it's causing it.
Speaker 10: Then maybe your mattress is like lopsided.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it's a side switch. I need to be sleeping on my left side, that's the good side.
Speaker 2: But you know, you can still sleep on your left side, like, no matter what side of the bed you're on, not.
Speaker 8: With somebody's face breathing right at you. That's not the same.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to be breathing that fresh bedroom air, not the recycled air that somebody's blasting towards me.
Speaker 8: Out of there.
Speaker 2: Somebody had to say it. Yeh, I'm the same way. I always got to sleep away from my right Yeah, because I don't want his air. I don't want to subject him to mine.
Speaker 4: You can both be facing the same direction or yeah, or facing opposite directions, but you can't both be faces in towards each other because then it feels creepy too much.
Speaker 10: Co two, Jess, you want to throw something in really okay, cool or not cuddling?
Speaker 2: What the heck is that?
Speaker 10: Basically an establishment that lets you go in and have a little snuggle session for an hour or two. Are you guys here for it with a snuggle? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That stranger, it is a stranger.
Speaker 2: Do you get to pick if it's a manner and I tell you how this session goes.
Speaker 10: Please begins with a handshake introduction.
Speaker 8: Selena and I are acting this out as.
Speaker 10: We yeah, doing this, shake my hand, and then you guys have to do a welcome hug and the teddy bear position?
Speaker 8: Get over here? What's the position?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 10: So it's think about when you place the teddy bear on your lap? So the you want a sitting Yeah, that's not gonna workly. So you're sitting with your back supported and the other person sits in front of you and you on their lap.
Speaker 2: Give them a hug. Yes, Oh so it's a front behind hug from behind hug.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 2: Wait. The people that go to this are they Are they the cuddle.
Speaker 3: Ee or the cuddler.
Speaker 4: That's a good question because what if I go there and I want to be the big spoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to be the cuddler, so you would be you would be giving someone the bear hug. Yeah, I think the hug.
Speaker 10: Maybe you can ask you can request to be the cuddle positions.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: But then after that the client showers, which is a nice, a nice thing that they actually have this because you don't want to be cuddling.
Speaker 2: With some showers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we go in with shaking hands and teddy bear hug and then I gotta go hit the showers.
Speaker 10: Already hit the showers, change into a rub, and prepare for your experience.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Did you just say prepare for a rub for your experience or a robe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, prepare for your Oh what I said? You said rub? Am I getting rubbed down to a rub?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe a cigarette?
Speaker 5: Are you guys here for a snuggle?
Speaker 1: Laid out the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine