Speaker 1: She wakes up at her around morning just to do her hair now because she casual.
Speaker 2: Oh dad, would it be ride without her meaker?
Speaker 3: She's never had a meeker.
Speaker 4: She's just like Cue and me. But she's homeless. She's homeless, and she stands there singing for money.
Speaker 5: Woo ha ha woo ha ha whoo ha ha ooo ha whoo ha haa woo ha ha woo ha haa woo ha ha oh ha haa wo ha wor ha ha ha woo ha ha ha wo ha ha wo ha wo ha ha whoa ha haa wo.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, welcome back to the blackest show about Nothing is Jada xt.
Speaker 3: How you doing? Hey? Hey, Hello, Hey, hey, how you doing? Hey?
Speaker 2: Hello to everybody and everyone and everything. Yeah, I'm your host.
Speaker 3: X d a k A.
Speaker 4: Danger been so long, he's been fun.
Speaker 3: I have a bone to pick about Niggia?
Speaker 2: Why why it's not really about we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 4: Oh? I'm jade.
Speaker 1: Aka that nigga? Okay, go ahead, Wait what's happening? Because this is a Nivia's stand account, way it is.
Speaker 2: But she left them for dead, so you know, the hateful Helfer is featuring Shamari Devou came out with an EP.
Speaker 3: Did you listen to it?
Speaker 4: I watched the show.
Speaker 1: I think I heard the songs and completion at the performance and uh m, Doctor Ke and I discussed it before recording Getting Grown, and I think she has the best sentiments that match mine and they are I just don't see nobody going and say, let me turn on that blueprint.
Speaker 4: I'm thanking God. Also body hoty my.
Speaker 2: You to the birds eye.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: This nigga I live with has been playing like he's been willing himself. I think he's been willing himself to like it. And it's like, you know how like you want something to be so like you like he really just trying to make that happen. And I'd be like, okay, you know what it is. It's like I can't get past like the twins, like you know what I mean? And Nivia left them for day because Nibbia would have saved them. Like I cackled the cackled t when on the show when they had a little gospel performance that Pam came out and then all of a sudden there was pussy popping. I said, Oh, Pam said oh absolutely not yeah.
Speaker 4: But yet and still.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah it was pussy popping and that's fine because pussies were made by God and so were lesbians.
Speaker 4: And baby I was born.
Speaker 1: This word Pam was giving me, you know, just the category is a g realness like it was. It was just it was just very much like old sister, like, well, we got your back, like you know, fuck the biggest at church, we got your back.
Speaker 2: There's something wrong with you, No, there's not. And if anything, like you don't have to like if something just went wrong with you and one of the girls in total like you know, bad love gone bad to just say that it ain't have to be big.
Speaker 3: You gotta renounce the gay.
Speaker 4: Oh I've seen Chema on the train before. It's fine. You don't have to. Because the outfit like I was just like.
Speaker 1: You know, it was like it was like Carl Thomas singing on the stage.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: She was dressed like Nick Cannon on Wile and all she needed was a turban. She's doing like the the nineties, like R and B video.
Speaker 2: She wasn't even giving regular Pam like routine, you know, the Pam like.
Speaker 1: Why you got Pam got style and she's got like you know, I hate the word swag, but you know what I mean, she.
Speaker 4: Can you know what I'm saying. She just got it naturally.
Speaker 3: And she has kari she has karisma.
Speaker 4: And I didn't you know this, like it's eating her from the inside.
Speaker 1: Out this church, this this hateful church she's at.
Speaker 4: I was like, where you go, pam Abysini, where Abyssinia? Where you go? Because it's somewhere hateful.
Speaker 2: It's like they have like what they call affinity churches. You said, what, well, I went to one of them gay churches of affinity churches.
Speaker 4: Oh never, I've never been.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Chariot took me to a church where they was playing. Uh.
Speaker 1: She came to visit me for a weekend and she was like, bitch, we going to church on Sunday. And I was like why so she'd be going. I was like, but you're staying at my house. But you know whatever, you know, it's black and cultural. So so we go. And I walked in and the band is playing a jazzy version of Electric Relaxation by Trip called Quests.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, what church was there?
Speaker 4: It was no, it was it was was it e manual? Baptist on on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was there.
Speaker 1: So they was playing in and it was a guest preacher that day. The nigga said something about chicken tenders and I went to sleep.
Speaker 4: I I couldn't do it anymore. But the music was nice. Uh.
Speaker 1: They sat me though in the slave quarters and I didn't appreciate that. I said, well, how come the niggas who's visited? How could we got to separate?
Speaker 2: Tie? That's why it's like who I helped us at the bottom Patriots?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a concert. This is a concert, nigga for.
Speaker 4: Having I should have got on the stage.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 2: You away for Salvation talk talk.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh go ahead, no, go ahead, go ahead. I was on the phone with Uh. I was on the.
Speaker 1: Phone with Dustin and Dietrich mm hmmm, and you know, I just want to say publicly fuck you Dietrich, because.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Dietrich was like, Jay, you could have been in blueprint. I was like, what the fuck is that supposed to be?
Speaker 1: I was like what me and Lemsia's cigarettes Like, what the fuck do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Nigga? What do you mean I could have been in blueprint? I hate you right now? I figure.
Speaker 1: I was like, you are, I don't know what you're doing, but it's ugly. She called me a hateful Newport smoking. I was like, so you want to see me embarrass myself on stage? Cry baby, and and shit, that's what you want to see, nigga, that's what you're trying to see.
Speaker 4: They'd be thigging they given you compliments. That's just dumb shit.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I had when I first moved to Brooklyn, I had I moved on Halloween, and so that weekend, you know, every Halloween, that weekend is the New York City Marathon, So I had that Sunday, Kyle had scheduled a brunch like, oh, you know Xdy's boo back to New York City, you know whatever, So let's go eat at Mike's.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So you know Mike' is around the corner from UH Emmanuel, So we had went over there, and of course the New York City Marathon like, if you plan on going out during that day, don't.
Speaker 4: Because traffic is fucked up.
Speaker 2: So we were like on the thirty eight trying to go down there there, even though I couldn't. We could have just walked honestly, but whatever. So it took like two hours to get over there. But when we finally did, like the choir from Emanual, they were singing to the marathon folks, so it was nice and they were trying to get people to you know something, I mean, something inspirational, but like you know, like Mary, Mary, you know, still.
Speaker 4: Brooklyn to be alive. You and your Okay, there's me and mine, the same thing, same thing.
Speaker 2: But we definitely walked right off past and went took bikes that had the pancakes delish.
Speaker 1: I know that's right, but yeah, churches that I say all that to say, Pam goes to a hateful ast church like the church of Chick fil A or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I saw a tweet today that said, I bet you Chick fil A is coming out with a about from the Baby, the baby meal, the.
Speaker 4: Eight Nuggets, said.
Speaker 1: The small right in a small lemonade.
Speaker 2: Okay, before we go on, let's let's take care of some business. We have a live show coming. It's a virtual live show, which means you can watch and enjoy from the comfort of your own homes. Unlike respect, yes, unlike respect that had no respect for us. And wants us to risk our lives.
Speaker 1: Okay, they said, oh no, everything else went to HBO Max except.
Speaker 2: This Okay, racism okay, and they're gonna say and they're gonna say Aretha wouldn't want it at home.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, okay.
Speaker 1: And then after that they're gonna be like Black Lives Matter and had a super spreader event at the Regal Sentence.
Speaker 2: Okay, niggas at the Concessius Stead.
Speaker 3: That's a super spreading event. Girl girl. That is lambed Gamma Omicron. You can see it on the popcorn. Yeah, I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I feel like at some point we're gonna be able to physically see COVID, you know what I mean. It's going to mutate so much it's gonna come out like like ghastly, like the Pokemon or like coughing coughing. It'd just be like this purple blob that floats around.
Speaker 4: Which I will appreciate at that point.
Speaker 3: Like the Musinex people.
Speaker 4: I think, like the Musidic germs.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna start I think I think I want to start traveling around the city.
Speaker 4: Hear me out mm hmm on a skateboard. But my belly, you know, so I can just wash through the crowds without walking through.
Speaker 3: All the way vision my way downtown.
Speaker 4: School in fast.
Speaker 3: The belly flop that I'm home bound.
Speaker 1: I will give you an electric skateboard and I'm about to maneuver around the city on my belly.
Speaker 4: That ass, that's what.
Speaker 2: Just be careful because you know the n y city in why city?
Speaker 3: Did I have a stroke?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 2: This is the reason why we need to get on with the show. So Jada XD dot com go register for more information for the live virtual event, which means you can enjoy it from your own home. The event is free, so we are price conscious, you know, so everybody can enjoy it. Jade and I filmed a short comedy film that we will be presenting to you all on September eighteenth time and stuff will be coming out short well soon. It's in a month, so fun. So you guys could just sit back in your living rooms. I feel like you all should have viewing parties. You know, no more than five people to a room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, no more than five test top five.
Speaker 2: I would say I would say ten, but I don't know anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I don't. I don't think ten is safe any longer.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny because of what of what happened my experience this past weekend. But like, yeah, in any who, go to jayden xd dot com for free info on to watch our short.
Speaker 4: Film and.
Speaker 2: Exactly and if you are subscribe subscribe to our Patreon you do get a first look so and some exclusive scenes uh that we had to maneuver around, so that would be just for you all. So subscribe to us the seven dollar Halla down at the patreon dot com Forge slash Jada x D. Also remember to leave us five stars and comment everywhere you're listening iTunes, Google Play, a Cast, Amazon Music, you know, the bathroom stall at your local Eagle, you know whichever. Just ring us five stars and leave a nice comment. So I think that's it, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want to talk about something real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have to just share because I have to tell you about how I went on vacation.
Speaker 4: Went a vacation too, Oh yeah, I was. I forgot hold on Ramona from the Real Housewives of New York. The Ramona singer Yeah, brought.
Speaker 1: Chicken Neanderthal, white demon is what she is, so she uh she there's a clip of.
Speaker 4: Her going around on the internet.
Speaker 1: Being a white woman and belittling the experience of a black woman that I happen to know, uh through Fran beautiful soul, beautiful soul. But the way that white women have the fucking audacity to to take on this condescending tone when you will never fucking understand what we go through, what we have to go through in life in general, but around specific experiences. And so she she was belittling uh her Leonard's experience, uh birthing experience and what she says she faced from the you know, from the doctors and how they treated her poorly as a black woman, which I can relate to when I was thirty six weeks thirty six weeks and I was I did not have any insurance whatsoever, none, and I was on Medicaid. And basically, when you're on Medicaid and you're pregnant, you have to go to a clinic or you have to go to a hospital, a clinic that is you know, over over that is overseen by a hospital or what have you. But you are basically given whatever doctor is available that day.
Speaker 4: Right, There's so.
Speaker 1: Many things that you are not entitled to that even somebody with insurance has and we know that a black woman with insurance is treated less than and poorly within the medical field. So with some individuals, not all, but overall, this has been our experience from if you go back, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: We mentioned something about slavery every episode.
Speaker 1: Because it applies if you go back, we were the ones. Black women were the ones the enslaved. Black women were the ones who were tested on. We were the ones they tested instruments on on how they needed to maneuver around the reproductive system and so forth.
Speaker 4: So don't tell me that we ain't been treated fairly. From Jump.
Speaker 1: I had a man, yeah, an East European man, Eastern European man, who asked me at thirty six weeks.
Speaker 4: Why are you not dilated? And I was like, oh, nigga, because she's not cooking up cooking, I guess.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't fucking know. You're the doctor, like it's not time yet, I'm thirty six weeks.
Speaker 4: And you know what he did. He opened my cervix.
Speaker 1: I'm going through help and instead of allowing my body to progress naturally, which there was nothing wrong, there was nothing in jeopardy. The baby's heart rate wasn't up none of that. This nigga stuck his whole for his whole fore arm, whole thing up to the elbow, just before the elbow, up my vagina. But it wasn't in a way where he explained what was getting ready to happen.
Speaker 4: We know about opening up a cervix.
Speaker 1: It was he shoved his arm, his forearm up my vagina. For the men who are listening to this, let somebody come and shove their whole fucking forearm to their elbow, up your fucking.
Speaker 4: Asshole and see how you feel.
Speaker 1: And a white woman's gonna get up here and tell somebody based off of their own experiences she don't know shit about and be condescending and tell, well, what.
Speaker 4: Do you you really think?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you really think would happen if I went as a white woman? Fuck you, Ramona, I'll put hands and feet on your bitch ass. Somebody should cut your stupid ass like a fish.
Speaker 3: You know what I hate?
Speaker 2: I hate that Bravo and a couple of other people have these and I don't want to be minimize the people of color that are on these shows. And I will say what I'm going to say, still I hate these diversity hires on these shows. Two because you felt like you have to do that now because of the way of the political climate, or you'll get canceled or whatever the fuck?
Speaker 4: What the you doing with Andy?
Speaker 1: He was like putting a young black girl in a class form of white girls.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Please go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: And you know you have you know the black women on these shows.
Speaker 2: Put them on these all white shows and have them their whole storyline is them having to educate all six other of these you know white hef was on the show about how they've been complecent of racism or or how they're just be racist, and then the black woman is there to just be like, hey, that's racist.
Speaker 3: No it's not, Yes it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hope she's not gonna get on a soapbox and start preaching to us.
Speaker 4: She said, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: Do you understand I cry at I wish I was shot.
Speaker 7: I just said, we're not gonna make it about you.
Speaker 4: Is that why?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 2: Like garcel right fancy she on Beverly Hills and so like she's had to confront even most recently Kathy Hilton, you know about like people not seeing color, you know what I mean, And that conversation wasn't as intense, but like Crystal Minkoff, who you know is Confucius as you know, direct descendant, you know, got into it with the white woman about not seeing color, are being you know, blind to race, and it's just like, you know, this would have never come up on any other time if there were people of color on the show. So it's like, I hate the fact that you all have to. It's just ingenuous. It's like you don't really want these black people on here, really, you just want them for what they can do for you or to make to make good on what you know, you think the world wants to see. So it's like it's like, yeah, there's and I don't want to again, you know, minimize because yeah it's great, Yeah they deserve, people of color deserve.
Speaker 3: To be on these shows.
Speaker 2: But it's also like we can see where the jig is, you know what I mean, Yo.
Speaker 1: She Ramona, you can choke, bitch, you can motherfucking choke. I hope somebody runs over your ass with a motherfucking Kia sport.
Speaker 4: I fucking hate you. I ut somebody.
Speaker 1: I hope they scalp your ass deserved, slow fucking torture you.
Speaker 4: Cunt. That's what they like to use. Cunt, So I use cunt.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that's there, that's their nigger.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. Well, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break, and we'll be back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Hit a clode, please hit it, claud.
Speaker 4: Hit a clock.
Speaker 7: After these messages, will be right back.
Speaker 9: Come get the best of the USA, come out and play the American way.
Speaker 10: It starts by.
Speaker 9: Night, the Sunday, the American Way, up way American.
Speaker 4: And we're black. Uh. How was your wish? Oh it was lovely? Uh, it was, it was, It was. It was.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: We're doing a lot of revamping, a lot of revamping. I know I have not left my Patreon users hanging, but it might feel like I have. I'm shifting things over to another space. So the transition, we've been doing the transition of all of that and getting everything together. So there will be some fun announcements coming.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then you know, I went away with Frania and Crystal Jean this past weekend. We just we just went a couple hours away to kind of get out of the madness for a little bit and had just a really pleasant weekend in the in the trees, and.
Speaker 4: I'll leave it there. It was.
Speaker 1: It was a good time, and it was beautiful being just in a space with some of my sisters, and uh, you know, it's it's nice to just where you can just put all you know, put all the guards down, take the brawls off, walk around in the caftains, and you don't really have to worry about anything but feeding yourself, washing your body, and you're in a safe environment. And so I'm grateful for that. And we had a beautiful weekend. How is your weekend? You and the mister went on a vacation.
Speaker 4: That's what they said, apply to.
Speaker 2: Shoe.
Speaker 4: You deserve my bake, Cae shine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: It was a So I do want to mention that the subject of this episode is kinds from a listener who asked us if we could do, like, you know, how to live on a budget or whatever. And I'm going to say that, yes, we went on a vacation, a little vacation, but it was on a budget. So we went to Vegas.
Speaker 3: I was and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have never been to Vegas as an adult. I've only been as a kid, and even when I was a kid, we only went to Circus Circus. Oh okay, because my mother's place was actually Reno, which oh so it's not as hot in Reno.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: So we literally booked the trip the day before. Oh when I tell you, flight room and everything was like five twenty five wait what I know? And we stayed at the Mirage like in like one of those like sweets. So so here's the thing. The only reason why it only happened was because it was like, oh, well, it ain't that much in theory, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, what is expensive.
Speaker 3: Is like weed?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like like the libation part is expensive, except you know, except if you right. So it's like if you go buy a bottle off the off the strip and blah blah, you'll be fine. So like there's ways to get around it. But I will say that going to we didn't it was too hot to like do a lot, because for whatever reason, we decided it would be a great idea to go to the middle of the fucking desert in August.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I forget. Global warming has hit new your card so August it has been pleasant.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, let me tell you something. It was one hundred and nine degrees every.
Speaker 3: Day I was there.
Speaker 4: That even me Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: And it had the nerve to be humid.
Speaker 2: So like when we got there, the lyft Uber ride share person was like, it's never humid. So this is like I don't even He's like he was even too hot for me. And I was like, oh so I guess wait.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait it was one hundred and nine degrees and it was humid.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, nigga, you went you went to vacation and a ziplock back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't like super duper humid, but there was the level of humidity to the point where like we would only go outside between the hours of six like five am and like seven am because and that's when the temperature at the lowest was like ninety.
Speaker 4: Oh god, kiss my ass.
Speaker 2: So like we stayed like we just stayed in the Castino. I mean, our hotel was big. So it's like, you know, there's plenty of shit to do, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: So I've learned that you should go through booking dot com, you know, but there's also if you just look up like Vegas is. If you fly during the week, it's a lot cheaper. And as far as cleanliness, I didn't feel any type of like, oh this is unclean. If anything, I was more impressed than anything. What they have now is they have not only do they have like hand sanitizer cleaning cleaning stuff, but every hotel we went into, because we went to Caesar's Palace and they're owned by different people, every entrance had the hand sanitizer and a box of masks that are individually wrapped so you did for you to tell yeah, I was like, oh, that's true, right, And they also have people in there disinfecting the slot like the tables.
Speaker 3: I was. I was actually quite surprised, right.
Speaker 2: Because I was like, because there's way too many, you know, it's a lot of activity, a lot of like transmission or whatever. But I definitely saw them cleaning. Yeah, the what was it called EVS Environmental Services? Okay, they definitely they definitely was out there. I was like, you know what, Okay, and you know what, for the most part, people kept their masks on.
Speaker 3: Of course there was only one or two.
Speaker 4: It's always like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was like they were old, so like it was just like, okay, well.
Speaker 4: You really should keep it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're the ones that should name But I mean, it's not how you want to go out, queen, But I don't care.
Speaker 1: Old and you in the casino, you can keep your goddamn mask on. This bitch pulled her mask down and whole foods and she was at least seventy five, And I was like, you know better over three lifetimes, Like what the fuck are you doing right now?
Speaker 3: Right? You were an act three of your life.
Speaker 1: Mare gonna pull the ship down to sneeze you nasty bitch. No, you don't get no past because you old. Hell no, hell no, your ass need to keep your goddamn keep your fucking masking.
Speaker 4: You need it more than I do. What are you doing right now?
Speaker 3: You know what? Though?
Speaker 2: I feel like the mass thing also helps in Vegas because the casinos you were allowed to smoke in them, so like were how was the smell?
Speaker 3: Oh, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Every corner of Las Vegas smells like a pell mell box. Like so our hotel was fine and like it just has a faint smell of cigaret because it never goes away. Yeah, but but like you know, on the floors and stuff because they know you could openly smoke, so and it's just like you can tell people be sneaking weed in there, you know, which is cool. But we Harris was across the street, and you know, Harris, even in Atletic City is just like a couch of Newport's.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like a Roseanne couch.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's acceptable in the country.
Speaker 4: Is New Orleans, Harris.
Speaker 1: Oh, because if you go out to the other casinos further out, you want to.
Speaker 4: Talk about the Great Depression nigga.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh, I told mea Tristed walked into the casino.
Speaker 4: It was like sad trumpet music. It was like it was depressing. We were like, oh hell no, we have to go.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it was sad.
Speaker 4: It was sad things going on New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Haras is just one big new Port like you know what I mean, Like it's just you know, I mean, they have Donnie Donnie Osmond as like a celebrity like singer or whatever that be having shows.
Speaker 4: Yes, Donnie Osmond mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting because because the Mirage is right next door to Season's Palace, so Caesars Palace is has like this big booming sound system outside, so like you hear like if you're outside, you hear them advertised for like Usher's concert, and it's just like it overshides Dottie Osmond's Little Picture.
Speaker 4: I had tickets to Usher's residency, but I had to. I had to. I had to get give that away.
Speaker 2: No Love in this Club in this Club by Daddy.
Speaker 3: Hate Daddy. That was an awkward time, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah? I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Like I feel conflicting ways about that song. I just because it's like it's a bop, like in the beat, you know, it comes when you can't help but to like you know, chest pump, you know the chest pump we all.
Speaker 4: But I hate calling niggas daddy.
Speaker 1: I hate I hate it from like the like from the nail clippings of my toe, nails that have already come off my body.
Speaker 4: I hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like songs that have the word daddy. And then because I find it very weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like so I will never call you daddy nigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little weird, like you know how on pone p.
Speaker 4: O a n oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even and this is both like you know, both hetero and you know heterra. You know, there's always like some daddy porn involved, and it's just like.
Speaker 1: There's daddy porn, there's mom porn, there's step mom porn. It's really you know, I don't want to shame you niggas, but that's gross, nigga. That's that's weird, nigga. Like that's it's Oedipus complex porn is what's the other ship? What's the other ship?
Speaker 2: Called pedophilic almost sometimes because it's like you know how like they'll be like twink point barely legal.
Speaker 4: I don't yeah, like wow, that's what y'all.
Speaker 3: Get high school? Get out early, like you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 7: You might want to go talk to somebody, Yes, sit on a leather couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's something about that ain't right. If that's that ain't right, That ain't right. But I don't that mommy ship, that daddy ship, that ship, that ship is weird to me. And I like and having a kid, we refer to each other like that in the house, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But like go ask daddy or daddy said, or yeah, even.
Speaker 1: I'll even Dad you know, you know, because if I'm referring to him to Noah, but I don't, I'm not calling you that elsewhere.
Speaker 2: That's like what Mo Unique with an apostrophe calls her husband daddy, and it's just like, I just wish she would just just you know, put it into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me either.
Speaker 1: So when Hey Daddy came out, I was like, then he's which is remixed it into a zaddy And I was like, please please please.
Speaker 4: Stop, Yeah, please stop. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of it's kind of weird, kind of weird.
Speaker 2: But Usher, I think it's the usher, him and his little elf self.
Speaker 3: You know, I did.
Speaker 2: We did walk to the Flamingo where they have RuPaul's Drag Race live, and we were going to go. However there tickets were two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Each and to see what the drag Race live.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, to see Cameron Michaels and e V and Fangi and Asian no Butterfly, you know who else is on gigs?
Speaker 4: Who's on that review?
Speaker 1: Because so far two hundred dollars but keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I remember correctly, I feel like it's Cameron Michael's e v oddly Naomi.
Speaker 3: Smalls, Okay, I love Naomi the same.
Speaker 2: A Joe HAARAHI.
Speaker 3: And Jie.
Speaker 4: I love we do we all obviously we love Bangie collect oh and.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Derek Arry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, she's a showgirl. Now, Okay, that's fine, but that ain't two hundred dollars nigga.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I heard.
Speaker 1: I think I roughly estimated as you continue to say that. Okay, eighty five dollars mm hmm. Yeah, I think that's fame.
Speaker 2: And there was a drag brunch. Well, I'm gonna tell you the price, and you tell me who was the who was featured? Okay, there was a there was a drag brunch wrench for one hundred and fifty dollars each per person. And both of these there are two queens on there from the show, obviously, and they've both been on.
Speaker 3: The show at least three times.
Speaker 7: Manila, No, okay, speak of outrageous.
Speaker 2: Why the fuck would I have spend one hundred and fifty dollars on this phone?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Got it? Okay, But they've build on the show three times, outrageous, build on the show three times.
Speaker 4: Outrageous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll even help you. They've all been lipsyck assassins before that. Both of them have been lipsync assassins before.
Speaker 10: Roxy wasn't on there three times lipsync assassins this season, Laganja no, okay, get that, I give.
Speaker 2: Up, Alexis Matteo okay, And Cocoa Montrees.
Speaker 1: I would not see Cocoa montrees for forty.
Speaker 3: I would pay. I would. I would have paid.
Speaker 2: Maybe one hundred dollars for them, maybe maybe maybe, like and Alexeil.
Speaker 4: I like Alexis. Alexis makes me laugh. I like Coco too, but I don't just like Coco, but Cocoa I'm not paying. What's the food hitting for?
Speaker 2: That's also a thing, because you know, drag can I be honest, honest? There are two things that suck okay with gay ship, and we're just gonna have to be very honest about it. Literally, so well, gay films, gay gay films and TV shows suck all of them and number two for the most part. And number two so do like gay brunches.
Speaker 4: The food is not good, So yeah, I don't want to go to that.
Speaker 3: Then we went to.
Speaker 2: We went to Hamburg and Mary's mm hmm, which is like the famous you know, all the drag queens performed there and the stuff we went there. I mean it was a good show. I feel like, you know, the atmosphere was fun.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 2: Whatever they have, you know, you get your mimosas and like these cups that look like frigiul must be Italian the lamp.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'd be spoking too much, so I have to be having like a new mind memories.
Speaker 3: I have to like recall shit for me to AnyWho which has.
Speaker 4: Which has made you.
Speaker 1: It's so funny that you say that because and this has happened on the show too. Black people have a gift of like giving the most obscure description about something and then and then another black person.
Speaker 4: Just gets it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is where all.
Speaker 1: From the nineties came from, because we literally know which one we're talking about each time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like how I just learned what Keith Hering was and I was like the nigga who draw like stick figures, Yeah, and niggas do what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: So I just I think that's a gift that we have, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, we're observationalists. Yeah, we are because we got to know what the enemy is.
Speaker 4: Doing and we have a third eye.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, stay woke, Stay woke. Uh, let's take a break and we'll be back with more after.
Speaker 7: This, after these messages will be right back.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 8: I'm the hominable snowman. Did you know that you are the boss of your own money? That's a special thing. You can buy the first thing that catches your eyes like this, or something that costs less like this balloon, or costs more.
Speaker 3: Like this swell.
Speaker 8: No, of course, several different things, or you can save it or something you haven't even thought of giving.
Speaker 3: And we're black.
Speaker 2: Us to talk about like how to survive in New York, you know, on a low budget, Okay, And I feel like this pandemic has definitely, you know, aided with I mean, we've done an episode before about this, but I feel like now we can you know, what are some tips we've had or like, you know, over this pandemic or even in the past where we've been like, girl, I've been broke, because let me tell you something in general, like societal I am very broke still, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: I don't have no money like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it actually very I am broke, and that's also a thing people think you're doing successful because you announce all these things or whatever, and it's just like, yeah, yeah, that is cool, but niggas are still broke, so.
Speaker 4: And underhead, you know, paying for head all of that.
Speaker 1: So you know.
Speaker 2: But I do remember, like when I was living in New York, there was a part I didn't work for a whole year, like I was just working. I was just living off of like very small YouTube checks on some like.
Speaker 3: Like after grad school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like on some like maybe like five hundred dollars a month, like for a year. I did not have any like a solid income.
Speaker 4: I think that was well, no, well did you have assistance?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, like I had.
Speaker 2: I'm exaggerating like I had, Like yes, I had my mother help me, but she didn't help me much because she couldn't like my mother, Like oh yes, not at first though, Oh okay, because remember I told you I didn't get all welfare into It's not what excuse me, I didn't get a public assistance.
Speaker 3: It's habit.
Speaker 4: It's habit.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't go to the public assistance until Monique won her oscar because remember I said, if Monique wins her oscar, I'm going to take my ass down to the welfare so.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, okay.
Speaker 2: And the next day after she won, me and a couple of friends of mine, we didn't have anybody. We walked from my place down to the that's the public assistance office that used to be on.
Speaker 3: Was that Franklin and Dical?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that was the food stamp office with all of them hateful bitches.
Speaker 4: Yes that was yes, because I was on the government assistance when I was pregnant. You want to talk about a budget m hmm.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite budget mills when I was.
Speaker 2: I mean, just bokeem is Beoukeeman today.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite males, which is very uh what's the word diosparic, diaspiric?
Speaker 4: What's the word.
Speaker 3: Black?
Speaker 4: Okay, there we go, black of origin. I would make white rice or brown rice, you know whatever you niggas prefer. I give me some sausage.
Speaker 3: No fuck that white rice. The ain't nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: See people beat whitet rice has never done us wrong as a community. People want to leave it has it has kept us alive and well you see, people.
Speaker 4: Nigga stole us for Rice, Nigga, like.
Speaker 1: Garvey, they stole us for Rice to get our expertise or Rice.
Speaker 4: Me and Noah have been reading the Addie books. She cried last night because so we're on the.
Speaker 1: First book and I didn't even like. So we're on the first book and so we at the top, Nigga wed in like chapter two, Nigga. Maybe we're on three now and already ADDIE's brother and father have been sold.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes they have.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 3: The first is about her. Yeah, the first BIC is about her going to school exactly.
Speaker 4: Wait is that the first one?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Wait, no, it's meat. Maybe the second one.
Speaker 1: Is about going to school. I'll go get the stack in a little bit. But so, so Addie heard overheard her parents talking about running away. She was pretending she was sleep and they were up late, and so she heard them talking about running away. The very next day, Leonardo DiCaprio comes to the plantation and he buys her brother and her father.
Speaker 4: But she overhears it because she's got to.
Speaker 1: Serve Leonardo DiCaprio and the other man water, so's she's pouring water for them, and she hears them talking, and she just knew instinctively that they were talking about her brother, and then learned they were talking about.
Speaker 4: Her father as well.
Speaker 1: So the day after she heard her parents talking about the slavery, they take her.
Speaker 4: Well. Then, so Noah was like, she cries then because she's like, I can't imagine if that happened in my family.
Speaker 1: And then you know, so then we got into a discussion where I was like, you know, you have a privilege of living during this time, I said, but it's important that you understand all of what Even if this is a fictional story, it's still a depiction of what we were actually going through as a people, I said, And your direct ancestors went through this, and so it's important that you understand that, and that you learn about this so you can understand your own privilege, understand your gratitude. See how far we've come, see how far we have to go, you know, so forth and so on. But she's crying. Then you know, she calms down. We keep reading, well nigger. The next thing, I was like, God damn. So the next thing, So after her daddy and her brother are sold, her mother's like, so bust it. We're running a night like that said, we going to Philly and ADDIE's like, Okay, I'm scared, but we're doing it.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Then Mom's like, but we're not taking your baby sister. Well, nigga, I forgot about that part.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that part.
Speaker 1: They did not because she had like a two year old baby sister. And she was like, essentially like all the things we say here on Jada next Day is what her mother said.
Speaker 4: She was like, that kid is holding us back. I'm sorry. She's like, if she cries, it's dead giveaway. Nigga, We're done. We're done for her. You can't got bad vibes. You can't got bad vibes.
Speaker 1: Okay, they can't got bad live there's another she's got. Her destiny is different than ours. It's so therefore I was just the vessel. But she's got to stay here. That help is no good for her mission.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh god, this is fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also, what were we talking about recently where kid was bag?
Speaker 2: What were we talking about sucking Hannah from from a Handmaids?
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, Hannah esther was Hannah. She was Hannah.
Speaker 1: Addie was trying to be June, but mom was like, ah.
Speaker 4: She was like I can't carry her about myself. Eddie's like, I'll carry you. She's like no. She was like she's gonna cry. She was like, I'll keep her quiet.
Speaker 1: She can play with my stuff, Teddy, and she was like, no, she gonna spook us.
Speaker 4: Addie begged for them to bring that baby, and the mother is like, no, ni.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: It's terrible. It's terrible.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still funny. But I was reading that, I was like, damn, that's some ship. Did you have to tell explain that to Noah?
Speaker 1: Well, she fell asleep as that was, I read until she falls asleep, so I can kind of tell when she does.
Speaker 4: I was like, so she didn't react to this, so she didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: But that means we got to go back because she's going to be in the story, so we don't have to.
Speaker 4: Deal with it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to see that's parenting again. You got to there's way, it's way more involved. Yeah, kids are cool, It's just the parenting part is.
Speaker 3: The problem for me, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Like, I have to do that ship like a you got to make sure you tape, you make your kid is on the straight and narrow because they're cutting out all the real facts and street out of the out of the school. Yeah, so then we gotta keep it going right and therefore you got to manage your your own trauma and how you dealt with this and order.
Speaker 4: Just like right, I want to I don't want to leave. I'm laughing because I really was like they said that, I was literally based. I was like ship.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I'm like, damn, this is traumatic for a kid to be hearing like, but we need to hear it, and we got to hear it from young because you need to understand inherently the ramonas of this world and where and how they o Cyrus and is shipping where it comes from?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: With her invalence, I hope somebody cuts off her baby toes.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Osiris, the race isn't They're about to announce season three of UK All Drag Race. I'm so surprised when people from the UK talked about like racism love.
Speaker 3: They've like, I've never experienced that, and it's just like I'm not like you know what I mean, it's like.
Speaker 4: How it was born there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's organically sourced.
Speaker 1: Truly, like I mean, locally sourced. Okay, all natural, locally source, honey, it really is.
Speaker 4: I just don't. I don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 3: But you could get it at the Herods, you know, like whatever.
Speaker 1: It's not everybody, because we do know that, you know, we know they deal with it over there, but I do. I don't understand when they say they don't they don't know, or like when the Dutch be trying to pretend like they wouldn't have part of the ship.
Speaker 4: Y'all took over quite a bit. Churiusal a couple of things. Don't try to.
Speaker 1: Oh, but that's what I was telling you earlier. Was my my poor man's meal when I was pregnant, which would get me by, which will work for anybody in a budget, I mean, and swap some shit out if you're vegan, and you know, I would use sausage.
Speaker 4: Get a little sausage.
Speaker 1: And okra, tomato and onion and white rice. If I was feeling fancy, I'd add a little corn. You season that up real good, nigga, and you throw you put that tomato and that onion and that ochra together and make like a stew and throw some sausage in it, or some chicken or whatever like protein you have access to and throw it over some rice.
Speaker 4: Literally like a eight.
Speaker 1: Dollar meal because okra is not expensive, Tomato is not expensive, rice is not expensive.
Speaker 4: You're meat. Your protein is going to be your highest cost.
Speaker 1: But that is a stretch. You out meal and some oatmeal. You have oatmeal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, and that for dinner.
Speaker 4: You can get by for a year if you're you can.
Speaker 2: Goodbye yeah, or you can have that you know, personal trainer meal where you have like that brown rice and green vegetables and you know, chicken breastato, yeah, or a sweet potato or beans.
Speaker 1: If you're a vegetarian, beans are the plug if you don't have no money.
Speaker 4: Beans, beans, the music go fruit, the lay you eat, the more you do.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: I you know, I dabble in the vegetarianism here and there, but like at the point where I was.
Speaker 3: Broke, I was like, no, I want meat.
Speaker 2: But like black beans are a great great even if you are on a budget.
Speaker 3: Black beans are great to have in your kitchen and general beans.
Speaker 2: Because you can just use them like I mean this fierce ass black bean soup.
Speaker 3: Ah so delicious.
Speaker 1: The thing about beans is you can, like you just said, you can do a black bean soup. You can do a curry lentil with some coconut milk. You could do just a black ass smoke turkey or hamhock and some great northerns or some pintoes. You can do some black eyed peas and some smoked meat. Like you can literally keep beans and make several different types of meals and they will stretch nigga and you can put it in a freezer. So anytime you're ready to just thows, they keep well and you throw them over some rice. That is, beans are the plug when you don't have any money but you want to change up flavors and you have to cook for yourself at home, right, unless you've got the little thing.
Speaker 2: Right, and then it's like it's called four Dollars a Day. It's his book, and it was geared. It was designed for people who live on public assistance or are use snap benefits. Yeah, so they'll have like things will tell you, well, this only cause is going to cost you a dollar sixty six to make, because all it is is fucking cauliflower and like salt and pepper, you know what I mean, or shit like that. But I also realized a lot of money that I spent in New York was on convenience, absolutely, and I think a lot of times people, yeah, I'm ritten expensive. I can't tell you how to get over that, unless if you apply for a New York City lottery apartment, but otherwise you knew the state is exactly So the only thing I could that be helpful to survive is like by reducing your food costs and your convenience costs. So what I've also learned is that people when they first moved to New York whatever, they tend to shop at places that they're used to at home, like Target. And I love Target, don't get me wrong, but if you're trying to be Target is Target. Costs are different everywhere you go, So you know it'll be helpful if you look in you around your neighborhood and shop at the mom pop stores, you know you'll definitely find cheaper options, especially cleaning supplies and stuff like that. I think that's just a major ideas. Just people want to move to these cities and they want to live like they used to back in you know wherever in Middle America, it's just like, well, no, you have to adjust because the cost of living.
Speaker 3: Is so high.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. A bargain store or a discount not a nine U nine sense store. You can find everything everything you need, especially on a budget.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And also don't be afraid to go outside your brow either. I know that's a lot, but like for the lo Loo, if you want cleaning supply, especially ppe for the lo Loo. Like at the beginning of pandemic, my coworker at the time, she lived in Flushing, and so she was able to get me those K ninety five masks when there was when they weren't available, even though it was kind of racist what she said about it, but she Flushing is like has a large Asian community.
Speaker 3: But what she said was, she was like, well, you know, the Asian.
Speaker 2: Community already wears masks and ship in general, so it was kind of easier to obtain these things.
Speaker 4: That's facts. I said. We cleaned up what she said. I cleaned up what she said.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, because I was like, they've been doing this, they've been doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, So it's like, don't be afraid to like go outside of your borough. Like when I used to work in the Bronks, I would go to like on one hundred and seventieth Street and buy like ship from like the stores where they get ship that fell off the back of a truck d And you know, I'd have deodorant like mitcham and whatever for like a dollar.
Speaker 4: Do you I'm sorry this is off topic, but it just came to mind. Nigga.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that China and Russia are doing drills right now and we are their number one enemy?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not surprised. I told you all we had to be We need to learn Mandarin.
Speaker 4: My cousin knows it.
Speaker 2: People people were all afraid and like we need to you know, it's it's putin mm.
Speaker 3: We need to learn Mandarin.
Speaker 4: That is frightening, nigga.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't you know, all all great nations must fall, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know historically this this system is not sustainable. But I'm like, can you just go after the powers that be?
Speaker 3: Well, it's the people who put the powers.
Speaker 1: That be, and then we'd be going over there and we be going to other places and fucking with the civilians.
Speaker 3: Yeah, niggas go to Hawaii every day.
Speaker 1: B and they really they got to stop Hawaii a niggas to stop coming there.
Speaker 4: They said, please, please.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 3: We're in the same state. We don't want to be. But damn fine, but stay home.
Speaker 1: Don't want to be Hawaii never wanted to. Hawaii was supposed to not be a part of the United States. They were supposed to be saved, and they got thrown under the bus at the last minute.
Speaker 11: People from across the globe are drawn to the coastal town.
Speaker 3: Of Kailua, Hawaii.
Speaker 11: It's white sand beaches are among the nation's best. It even draws President Barack Obama, who vacations here with his family each Christmas. But the Neighborhood Board has a new message for the state towards an agency stopping.
Speaker 4: But they asked you to stop coming down.
Speaker 3: They do it all the time.
Speaker 2: They even do like an SNL sketch about like don't go to like Hawaii with the rock.
Speaker 3: So it's just like I people still do.
Speaker 4: And I would love to go.
Speaker 1: To Hawaii, but I sincerely am not planning any trips to Hawaii because I'm trying to respect what the natives of the island are asking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And it's like, also, people don't research where they go, you know what I mean, like why would you?
Speaker 1: Or I guess people are honestly friend. I don't think it's that they don't research. I think they don't care.
Speaker 2: Mm also shout out to not shout out, but you know, peace to Haiti, yes very much. Uh save points you earthquake and a trapos storm coming. It's just like that country has been hit so hard so many times. It just it just feels like everything is like relentless. It's just I just hope that people of Haiti get a break, and I hope the you know, folks who are related to those are If you're in Haiti and listen to this show, know that we're with you.
Speaker 4: And hopefully the French will one day pay what they owe.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: We talked about this a little bit on getting grown and I was like, y'all have got to stop saying that Haiti is cursed by God.
Speaker 4: You've I have to stop saying that, And yes they do.
Speaker 1: And I retweeted a tweet the other day that said, essentially the translation was the only the the only curse that Haiti has had is that of white supremacy, and so they can't catch a break on top of environmental things, they just can't.
Speaker 4: Catch a break. And I I do.
Speaker 1: I pray for the people of Haiti. I pray for the island, and I just they deserve so much more. They deserve so much more. And so yeah, we want to offer offer you know that from Jada x D.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's take what more break?
Speaker 4: After these messages, will be right back.
Speaker 6: I'm Jimmy JJ walt. If you are medicare listen to this. I call them the one eight hundred number to see what extra Medicare benefits. I could get an actual person and you look at my zip pull and boom. I was offered extra benefits like dental programs.
Speaker 4: We used to pull up a little fighting.
Speaker 3: And we're black. Uh, what's like a real like struggle time, nigga? I is Poe.
Speaker 4: Like what do you? What do you mean? What are you asking me?
Speaker 3: Like where you've been? Like damn, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like have like this struggle moment like you had to rob he to hey, Paul liked the following.
Speaker 1: The day I went into labor, Wow, day I went into labor. So Basically, when I was pregnant, I had to stop working, like just stop working because I was pregnant and I was bleeding, I was having a I was having a There was a condition called a threaatened abortion, so I was dealing with that and I was bartending. So it's not like a nigga had a I had a four oh one K from an old job, you know what I'm saying, but or from old jobs.
Speaker 4: But it's not like you know, you don't have when you're bartending. That's how you that's how you live.
Speaker 3: It's a gig. It's a gig type of job.
Speaker 1: And I had to quit bartending pretty early into my pregnancy when the plan was for me to stop working at a period of time. So then we had, you know, I went through my savings and then.
Speaker 4: Tristan was working and he got fired from a Hafel bitch who was plotting, and so we had hit a point where it was like, oh God, and.
Speaker 1: The day I went into labor after that white man shoved his forearm up my vagina. We didn't have no groceries in the house. We had bread and peanut butter and jelly, and I remember eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, like before I went to the hospital, and I was not only having.
Speaker 4: Contractions, and also like in a crazy I was also hungry. I was hungry, and we didn't really have any groceries in the house.
Speaker 1: And you know, then it's not like the niggas can just run out and go get me something right now, because I'm in labor.
Speaker 4: And it was just it was a time. I think he had just gotten a new job, like right around that time, so it was.
Speaker 1: Still building back up and things like that. But then you're living off one person's income and it's just a lot, and we you know, we have to One thing that I super respect about him that I've said before is that Tristan didn't have He's not a citizen and didn't have papers for a long long time in this country. And that's not to any fault of his own, which is why when people.
Speaker 4: Are like, well, I know these illegal immigrants and juah wah blah blah whah.
Speaker 1: You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about. Because half the time the shit costs thousands of dollars to do. You've got to have people sponsor you.
Speaker 4: It's like a whole. It's a whole to do, to.
Speaker 1: Eat, even get a green card, to become a legal resident. You know what I'm saying, y'all, don't make it easy. So when people speak from a place of privilege, I'm like, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. But so he had to essentially do what he had to do for years and years and years in order to make it. And now you know, he's got all of his stuff in order, which is really great, and you know it's been able to do that, but ultimately, like he had to do what he had to do, even being in this country since he was twelve years old, he.
Speaker 4: Still had to do what he had to do.
Speaker 1: And so we were at a period where it just got really really really like hoof nigga shit, like this.
Speaker 4: Is well child was coming into this world on top of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's how I ended up going back to work at six weeks When Noah was six weeks old, I'm bartending and lactating behind a bar.
Speaker 4: Literally, I'd be on the train. I'd be on the A train or the C train home, and my titties would be they.
Speaker 1: Would imagine, you know, well anyway imagine if somebody took like like two bricks and put them in each of your nut sacks, or you're in your nut set with each of your nuts. Imagine if somebody just tied like a brick to your nuts and they just were heavy, your titties rock up, like literally when you're filled. They fill with milk, they turn into rocks. They're hard and they hurt and they're heavy. And I would be on and so I would take my pump to work and I told my manager at the time, I was like, yo, I need to go into the I need to go into the locker room and pump like every so often, you know, And he was like, okay, but that never worked in the middle of a bartending at a jazz club that is never ending, and so uh so, then I would be on the A or the sea train, and I do wear black to work, and my whole shirt will be.
Speaker 4: Soaked with titty milk. Whole thing, ohld thing soak with titty milk.
Speaker 1: But thank god my shirt was black, and my titties would be in a midst pain and I'll be on the trade three.
Speaker 4: O'clock in the morning with just heavy wet titties. I felt like thea i'd be working.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So just so you know, I canna laugh about it now or whatever.
Speaker 1: But that was a hard time, you know what I'm saying, Like it was already, it was hard in the ending of my pregnancy. It was hard from first, you know, because we're trying to we're just trying to scrape it and make it.
Speaker 4: And then we have a new baby and I gotta eat and shout out to.
Speaker 1: My mother for coming here for three weeks and like going to Costco and cooking shit and freezing shit and bringing you know, making me tuna and oatmeal and just you know, taking care of me or whatever.
Speaker 4: But which is privilege. Again, that's more privilege. But it was hard.
Speaker 1: It was It was a it was a rough time for a second. That was probably one of the roughest times thus far that I've had.
Speaker 4: Mm mm hmm. And women should never have to fucking or should mothers should never.
Speaker 8: Have to.
Speaker 1: Go back to work six weeks at six weeks when they're baby six weeks old. And I say that for any mother I say that for uh birth mothers. I say that for adoptive, adoptive mothers, trans mothers, mothers in general, should never have to go back to work when their babies are six weeks old, because that is a time when you should be bonding with your baby. There's a time when you should be y'all need to be getting to know each other and they need to be able to feel that. You should have rest and like just be able to really connect with your family and whatever family you choose. And this country don't don't make don't make that easy, not at all.
Speaker 2: It's like these other countries be like a whole year off both you know there's patern you know paternity leave, and you know they get it for six months and women.
Speaker 3: Don't have to come back for a year. And all of a sudden, it's like.
Speaker 2: You have the option to work up until the day you know you give birth or three months before you give birth.
Speaker 3: There's just like what the fact I.
Speaker 4: Was at a I was doing a catering.
Speaker 1: When I was like eight months pregnant, and I was at this rich ass white woman's house.
Speaker 4: Who lived in a building where Mick Jagger lived.
Speaker 1: I think Mick Jagger lived right above her, and Nicole ca or somebody live right below her, something like that. But it was definitely mcjack and I think it was Nicole Kidman. It was another celebrity. So that shows you how wealthy she was. Nigga, These niggas were so wealthy. You drive, so it was a building on the west side like maybe like not, yeah, it was on the west side, but it was lower like maybe eleventh, twelfth, something like that.
Speaker 4: And so you drive.
Speaker 1: When they drive their cars into their garage, they drive it into it's one garage and the elevator takes their car to their designated space.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it's one of those.
Speaker 1: And then you walk into the apartment and the apartment is a two floor house with a garage and everything in a building. So I'm doing this this event there catering for this event, and she the ladies, this British Republican bitch, and she's like, she tells one of my friends at the catering.
Speaker 4: She she'd be well, well she should be working. Is that even she should be working? I don't think it's a good idea to have.
Speaker 1: A pregnant and my friend goes, you need to ask yourself why an eight month pregnant woman has to work in this country before you start.
Speaker 4: Spurning off at the mouth.
Speaker 1: And my homegirls white, which I appreciate. She's one of white women that speaks up. She's like, no, because it's my job. And she was like, you need to ask yourself that she's like and maybe check.
Speaker 4: Your privilege and left that lady's speechless.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that the last few months of my of my of my pregnancy, and the first few months of Noah's.
Speaker 4: Noah's after Noah was here, it was just it was rough, nigga. It was rough.
Speaker 9: About uh.
Speaker 3: When I first moved to Brooklyn, that was the really rough.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I wasn't working and then I called myself trying to date somebody at the time, and it was just like, nigga, I only only had like twenty dollars a week to my name, you know what I mean. So it was it was like it was really rough, and so I put myself in situations where I, you know, postured myself to be different than what I was or whatever, because a nigga was broke, trusted to believe. But somehow I made it work like I've always had, Like like when I was a kid, like my mother had got laid off so I couldn't go to prom because we didn't have the money for it, so.
Speaker 3: Or like in college, you know, I was a broke college shooter. Thank god for Domino's five to five to five deal because she has kept you know, she kept me fed for a solid year and a half.
Speaker 4: Oh, nigga, I ate more spaghetti in college than I ate known as nigga, like spaghetti night at my crab.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I just you know, I've always knew how to, Like I never really had a lot of money, so I've always kind of figured out a way to like navigate and move. But like, yeah, definitely, when I first moved to Brooklyn, it was a rough and like that's when we both were on food stamps at the time.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, no, yes, but that was you know what that was a privileged poor there was that was privilege poor.
Speaker 4: What we did at that period of time. We was in our twenties. We got food stamps.
Speaker 1: We was having shrimp and grits brunches on Wednesdays and watching.
Speaker 4: Polly like we was just we was just like that was privileged poor. But like I have been poor poor, You've been poor, Yeah, I've been privileged poor. That was privilege poor.
Speaker 1: You must know the difference we had cell phone, nigga, we could have gone and got jobs.
Speaker 4: Well we're gonna ride this way for a while, nigger.
Speaker 1: But I have been actually broke before, like actually broke in my life, and I know there are people who with a worse circumstances. These people had to living their.
Speaker 3: Cars and and oh absolutely I had to work with them.
Speaker 2: You know, people who are homeless living on the train for twenty years, you know, but you know, good times.
Speaker 3: And we lucky we got them.
Speaker 4: That is a depressing asshow yeah, which is why we should end on the snow.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: When we're in Vegas, all he has a commercial for Medicaid or Medicare or the one that has the red, white and blue card and like he's in front of a green screen, but it's like like a zoom type of situation, so it's like the backdrop of like a wall of like a nice white suburban home. So like in the thing, it has like all this good times memorabilia to like ensure that you know, this is why he's important, because in another commercial, the white lady don't have it. It's the same background, it's just different, like they didn't changed it up to like a pot or a plant.
Speaker 4: That was in his writer you must put all the good times merch in.
Speaker 3: The background exactly.
Speaker 4: But this is a sad note to end this one.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean yeah, JJ is pretty sad.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see you all next week here at Tea. Make sure you registered all the informations in in the description box below. Yeah, wherever you're listening, and we'll see y'all later.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bye, see you on Patreon.
Speaker 3: Yes, Patriot.
Speaker 4: Bye TOAs