Speaker 1: It's the day after Freddie Freeman's historic walk off Grand Slam, and look who showed up to throw out the first pitch with his best buddy, Matt Kemp, the one and only Prince of the Desert, a man that spent his entire twelve year Major League career with the Dodgers, the one and only Andre Ethier.
Speaker 2: Great to have you out here, man, What a day to be out.
Speaker 3: Here, What a day.
Speaker 4: You're right, that was unbelievable last night. I think two words coming up, wow and incredible.
Speaker 3: I don't think you.
Speaker 4: Could ask for a better start to this series. You know, I think you get I think you get nervous, and I think you get fearful that there's so much lead up, especially in the you know amount of time that was between the you know, the lcs's and the World Series and Yankees Dodgers, you know battle the of the two big teams.
Speaker 3: And last night lived up to it, you know, to the full extent. And that was Uh. I think anything you could ask for.
Speaker 4: And I know I was on the edge of my seat last night on the couch watching him the whole thing. Couldn't believe Yes we have this, No, we don't have this. Oh crap, what happens if we go down oh one, you know all the scenarios and then sure enough Freddy walks up there, they hit once winging one bitch uh one a night.
Speaker 2: So you're as invested as all of us.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, one hundred percent invested. Uh you know, I'm you know, all in. I love this team, I love this organization.
Speaker 3: I wanted to have, you know.
Speaker 4: The most amount of success they could have. But yeah, when we were getting series and games like this, I'm I'm all for it. I'm sitting there yelling and screaming, probably doing the same reactions that everyone's doing at home, at the same reactions everyone's doing to the stadium.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's fun to be here.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm here today and uh here enjoying World Series Baseball back in.
Speaker 5: LA what right rightfully belongs or rightfully should be andre it seemed like everybody was happy for Freddie Freeman because I know, if you've talked about this, the game rewards you, and it seems like he's put in a lot to this game, and it felt like the game rewarded him last night for sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, he's been a guy who's been so stable over the courses whole you know, career. I think I saw that stat they pulled up last night, all his what he's first and second in and the.
Speaker 3: Last like I don't know, he was at five six seven years or something like hits RBIs you know all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's unbelievable to see the resumes put together and he's quite and let's.
Speaker 3: Really be really, he's quietly done it. Everyone knows who Freddie Freeman is.
Speaker 4: Everyone can give his acolades, but you don't realize the level of success he's had, not only the level of success.
Speaker 3: The elite level of success he's had.
Speaker 4: Because you look at those numbers right there, he's first, not not tenth, not eleventh, not even thirtieth. He's first and second in all of those categories. And you know it's that that's what makes this line up tough, right like you you had a Atani, let's walk.
Speaker 3: Bets uh deep breath.
Speaker 4: After we got those, you know, we got Otani out, we get we put bets on, and then we have Freddy coming up, who's we knows, hobbled, who's.
Speaker 3: Always been struggling.
Speaker 4: And I guess a wounded a wounded animal, wounded creatures. There's some of the you know, some of the most dangerous and Freddie definitely showed it last night.
Speaker 1: The great part about this is now there's a new highlight to show instead of just Kurt Gibson's.
Speaker 4: I tell you how many times I've seen that give me a highlight, you know, all those years, you know, lady and games eight ninth inning come back, you know in place during the regular season and that Gibby the highlight comes on, and that will always hold a place where I like, you know, with Vinnie and and you know calling that you know, that shot and gave me what it meant to the city back.
Speaker 3: Then in eighty eight.
Speaker 4: And rightfully so though for this new next generation, and I think it's perfect for you know what's going on here with.
Speaker 3: First time in forty three years.
Speaker 4: It's this generational series matchup again, and so why not have a generational moment for this next generation of Dodger fans to see and have something that they've witnessed themselves and seem we And the only way to really solidify that and capitalize on it is that has to be a World series victory.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what was special about that give you moment How.
Speaker 1: Much momentum does it give the Dodgers after winning a game like last night?
Speaker 3: Well, I said this to a couple.
Speaker 4: I had a couple buddies of mine who were on the flight with me today that happened to be Yankees fans, and I said, They're like, well, Booty looks awful. After that, I go, well, Dave would have looked awful too. If so, whoever lost that game? As a manager, you look bad, right, There's opportunities for you to maybe done something different, but you can't second get show off those things. You know, does Dave pull Jack a little early from you know? From that at that who knows? Does you know Boonty make a different move right there?
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 4: I just think it's a real testament to the quality of both players on each field. And when you have that home field advantage, that's what happens in these series. You're able to capitalize on it. The Dodgers did last night.
Speaker 2: He's a man in demand.
Speaker 1: Andre Ethier at Dodgers Stay in before Game two of the World Series, He's throwing out the first pitch with his old teammate Matt Camp.
Speaker 2: What's it like to be back.
Speaker 1: With Matt in this setting, to be able to be brought back together as two of the more popular players in the last twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's it's a big honor.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's uh, it's unbelievable to be uh given this honor of doing this for a game two of the World Series, and you know, not just a regular season game, not just a playoff game, a World Series, the first one that's been back in what is it eight years now?
Speaker 3: Uh, And uh, you know, it's unbelievable to be a part of it, you know.
Speaker 4: I know, uh, the fans, everyone uh is looking forward to it, and you know, and going back to what we just previous said, you know, it's it's just it's generational, and you know, I have these guys at all these playoffs, you know, the older players come back throw those first pitches, and it's kind of weird to be standing here, being in that position now and being a part of it that way.
Speaker 2: Well, the good news here, are still at your playing weight.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I'm still my playing with somewhat uh probably even a little bit down.
Speaker 3: I don't have to look weights as much. Anymore.
Speaker 4: So, I'm actually a few pounds at lighter than I was when I played. And and uh, you know that's always a tough thing to do, uh not to get that uh that dad gut.
Speaker 3: Like you're sporting.
Speaker 2: There no dad bots in, so I just leaned all the way into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're leading in hard.
Speaker 4: Lucky luckily you're not a camera budge.
Speaker 1: All right, Dre, thanks a lot, and don't bounce the first pitch today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I well appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You know, who knows, maybe maybe that's the chase pitch you need in this moment.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot. It's great to have you back here.
Speaker 3: Thank you appreciate it.