Speaker 1: Karen.
Speaker 2: When I say the word EmPATH, what comes to mind feelings, feelings, but specifically someone who is an EmPATH?
Speaker 3: What comes to mind?
Speaker 4: Someone who really feels the feelings.
Speaker 3: That's great and others.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, the dictionary defines an EmPATH ready for this as a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual.
Speaker 3: That's a Kakamami definition. If I've ever heard one for someone who feels feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think not only is it cock, maybe it's myopic. Right. What the word EmPATH actually embodies to me is someone that feels others' emotions and can sometimes even be affected by them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Now this is something that you have had to contend with all your life, pretty much?
Speaker 4: No, pretty much yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. But has it ever gotten to the point where you feel that you're going to lose it?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know about losing it, but it's gotten, you know. I've woken up some days just on the bridgetiers all day long form.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, where some people sometimes have a really difficult time being an EmPATH and not being able to get a grip. Luckily, today's guest is going to teach us just how to get a grip and, in her words, move from hot mess and world class awfuliser to thriving success, all while maintaining your empathic abilities.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm ready to not be a hot mess anymore. So this is the interview from me.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, here we go.
Speaker 2: My name is Will and unlike Boulder and Scully, both want to believe. So we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Skeptic Medicians Classic. You are listening to classic skeptic metaphysicians. Welcome to our version of a walkdown memory lane as we present classics from the Skeptic met Physician Library, warts and all.
Speaker 4: Well, how old were you the first time you got your palm read?
Speaker 2: The first time I got my palm red? I think the first time was probably when I was in high school at some point, but the paint kind of wore off.
Speaker 1: Ah, you're so funny, Oh my god, didn't shitn't?
Speaker 4: How about the last time.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the last time I got my palm read. It was must have been a very long time ago.
Speaker 4: I know I don't remember either. I mean, I know I've had it read before.
Speaker 1: I think and then I've gotten some of those magazines or books where you try to read your own palm, and I was never very good.
Speaker 3: At it, palm reading.
Speaker 4: But it's something that everyone knows about, but not really many people have gotten done.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, we did that one episode with the hand analyst.
Speaker 4: Hand that seems different.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: I guess it's more scientific, right, it was love more scientific? But what I mean, couldn't it be somewhat similar? And in a way that palm readers tell you your future beasts and the lines are on your hand and hand anauly analysts also tell you what your future is supposed to be, or what your life's purpose is supposed to be based on your lines in your hands.
Speaker 4: I thought that was her telling us who we were, but I guess that's your life purpose too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your like's purpose is what is what she does?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So though she uses it in a very scientific way, it doesn't mean that the people in a local carnival that take a look at your line tell you how many kids you're going to have. That might be a little different, because I don't think hand analysis can foretell.
Speaker 3: Your future that way.
Speaker 2: I don't think in terms of tell you how many how many kids you're gonna have?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know about that, but I do want to go get my palm read again. So since we can't do that right now, why don't we just listen to the interview?
Speaker 3: Sounds like a plane.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Skeptic Metaphysicians. I am Will and I'm Karing.
Speaker 3: We are your hosts.
Speaker 2: As always in today, we have Jennifer Elizabeth Moore with us. She's the all of empathic mastery, an intuitive mentor and a master trainer for EFT International. She helps empaths, creatives, and light workers control the empathic overwhelm that keeps them stuck in life and business and to harness their abilities to manifest their deepest heart desire.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that sound just wonderful?
Speaker 4: It sounds fantastic.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait to speak with her. Jennifer, thanks so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 6: Oh, Will and Karen, thank you so much for having me. And I just have to say, you guys made me chuckle listening to you talk about the definition. I didn't realize that apprehended. I would be more inclined to say if I was going to change one thing in that definition, it would be observed would be absorbs all the thoughts, feelings, energy, and sensations of the world around us, not apprehends them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty a big surprise for me when I researched it and said, no, this can't possibly So I looked it up like three four times and yep, sure enough, that that's what it says.
Speaker 6: Well, and actually, it strikes me that this may really have to do with the origins of the word, because the origins of the word came from a science fiction story that was written back in the nineteen fifties called The Mpath and it was basically about this this special subgroup of human beings with extrasensory perception and abilities and paranormal abilities who were basically being used by the government to apprehend emotions and pick up on what was going on. And then the word sort of went from that science fiction thing. And I can never remember the name of the author.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry, sir, I.
Speaker 6: Cara call your name, but that was where it started. And then you know, we saw the first sort of exposure in science fiction and in media with the Star Trek, the first generation of Star Trek, where there was the episode called Them, and that's when it started to get into common language. But it comes it was a word that didn't even exist until the nineteen fifties and was basically coined by science fiction people. So it's interesting that the dictionary is using kind of the science fiction y definition of it as opposed to our more sort of common understanding of it.
Speaker 2: Now seems to be kind of part for the course the way society is go in these days. Right everything is based on a science fiction book. At least it feels like we're living through a science fiction book right now myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, we're excited to talk to you because I know Karen is really excited to talk to you because she has suffered a lot with empathic abilities. She is very much affected the emotions of other people and sometimes has a hard time snapping out of it. I'm sorry I'm speaking for you, Karen, but that's okay, and she I think she probably pretty much identifies with that term you mentioned, the former hot mess and world class awfulizer.
Speaker 3: But I'm curious what did that look.
Speaker 6: Like for you, So I'm imagining I look very similar to Karen's experience with this. For me, as a child, I was super sensitive. I was constantly feeling a lot of intense feelings. I was in a state of anxiousness most of the time, and I had a capacity to sort of imagine worst case scenarios. And the thing was that I was very frequently feeling out of sorts, even if there was nothing going on in my life that correlated to that. And so, because you know we're talking, I was being raised up. I was born in the early sixties, and so we're talking like being a kid in the sixties and seventies. This was a point where nobody was talking about this stuff. The concept of esp or paranormal abilities was very, very fringy and very like not many people were talking about it, and so I was constantly basically being told that I was overreacting, that I was taking it too personally, that I was making too big a deal out of it, to get over it, to stop worrying about it, and that basically I just needed to ignore it and act like everything was okay. So I started to imagine, by the time I was like eight, nine, ten years old, that there was something wrong with me and that I needed to fix I needed to fix myself, and so I spent the first you know, I don't know sort of second and second and third decade of my life really struggling with what's wrong with me? And how do and why am.
Speaker 4: I this way?
Speaker 6: Why am I reacting to things so frequently? Why do I feel blue for no reason? Why do I feel terrified for no reason? Why am I experiencing these horrible nightmares? Why am I having these sort of visions of apocalyptic possibilities? Like all of the discomfort, and I was just living in the state of thinking what's wrong with me? And it wasn't until I was in my late twenties early thirties when I found this spectacular therapist that I started working with was very intuitive and who had done a lot of work on her own empathic and psychic abilities, who started to help me recognize that nearly all the time that I was feeling unexplainable distress, there was a correlation with either reconnecting to other people, or being in an environment or a situation, or in some cases picking up on something that was coming down the pike that was going to be happening. And that's when I first started to realize that what I was imagining was my own personal overwhelming distress was partially mine, but more of it was actually coming from the world around me. And in my experience, there are people who are empaths, where what they pick up on is just the people around them, like the thoughts, feelings, energy sensation that are coming from the world around them. But then there are those of us who are so sensitive that we are also picking up on the geopathic stress. We are picking up on the climate change emergency, we are picking up on the sort of social unrest that is going on. And a lot of times not only are we picking up on what's going on in the current environment, but often if you cannot explain why you're feeling what you're feeling, it can also be sort of feeling like ripples coming from the future into the present where we pick this up. Now, I can't explain why or how we have this capacity for premonition, but what I can say is that I can say that multiple times in my life, like to the point where I can no longer count, there has been this sort of sense of the rumble underneath my feet, sensing that something is coming, and then maybe anywhere between ten days to three weeks later, sometimes a bit longer, all of a sudden, this big event happens, and I'm like, oh, that's what I was picking up on.
Speaker 2: Now as I'm watching you speak, I'm watching Karen not her head very much. I am too, so I'm pretty sure that she would love to have the name of your therapist.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So my eyes started to tear up, like, oh my god, she's talking my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, wild.
Speaker 6: Well, And so often the other piece of it that's so hard is that as empaths, we tend to be the canaries and the coal mine who are feeling the feelings and expressing the things that other people are not willing to talk about. And so one of the characteristics that I've seen to be pretty common is that we often come from families or communities where there's a certain bit of like, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, nothing to see here, people move along, all of it's okay. And so as very sensitive children, we may have had parents who were going through things. And generally, even just because of the way people are taught to suppress and compartmentalize their emotions, we're not sharing them with us, but as sensitive people, we were picking them up. And what I've seen so frequently happen is the parents, like as children, we sense something, we ask about it, and we're basically told at a very very early age, oh no, oh no, that's not going on, that's not real, that's not happening, even if it actually is. And I've seen this very frequently, is that one of the things that happens for the EmPATH is that the EmPATH almost becomes the designated emmotor or the designated sensor and the designated feeler in a family and the stuff that other people don't want to deal with, whether it's their trauma, whether it's their you know, their addiction, whether it's their sort of unreconciled stuff that we feel it and they just they're just like, yeah, no, not going there, not dealing with it. I actually have a person that I've been working with for a number of years whose mother is sort of the classic denier, and they were in a situation where they were in an accident and the very first thing that happened as soon as they like got out of got you know, as soon as the accident was over, they just jumped up and they're like, I'm fine, and you know, and that's and as empouse We're like, you are not fine, you are in shock, and you are in a state of complete distress. Here.
Speaker 2: We've had a lot of guests who has spoken directly to me about stuff. This time, Karen, I told you this one is for you because I'm seeing you just resonate with every single things that she's saying. I'm seeing your eyes water, I'm seeing you, you're nodding you. I'm seeing you like blossom up like yes, yeah, someone else understands what I'm going through. So I guess what we need to figure out now that we know what an EmPATH is. And I think Karing you were you were told that you were Claire sentient.
Speaker 3: That's clear.
Speaker 2: That's a way of feeling a clear like what typical what EmPATH goes by? But how does someone get a grip?
Speaker 6: How does someone get a grip? So I actually so I'd love to hold that for a second. Let's put a pin in that question because I want to talk about the difference between Claire sentience and mpath.
Speaker 3: Oh good, yes, so listen to the podcast longer for the answer. That's perfect, good idea.
Speaker 6: Y okay, yeah, okay, So what I want to talk about is the thing about you know, all of the Claire's the you know, you've got sort of the spectrum of psychic ability or paranormal ability. You've got people who identify as intuitive, You've got people who identify as psychic. You've got people who identify as having one dominant Claire. You also have people who identify as mediums, and you have people who are empaths. What I have found is that in all of these cases we are more open and capable of receiving information than the average bear. We are receiving and getting stuff. But what I have found, and this is what makes being an mpath really challenging, is that where an intuitive, a psychic, clairvoyant, clarecentient Claire, audience Claire, you know, Claire, cognizant Claire Claire, Gustin's Claire alliens whatever. You know, all of these clarity there's one of those jukes you are threatening, you know, and and you know even like and people who are in mediumship. The thing is that in all of these cases they can distinguish what is theirs and what is not theirs. They know they're picking up information, but they know that they're picking up information that is separate from them there's discernment m paths. By our very nature experience the data as if it's our own. And so not only are we picking up the thoughts, feelings, energy and sensations from the world around us. A Claires sentient can be picking up the thoughts, feeling, sensations, energy from the world around them, but they know it's coming from the world around them. What makes being an mpath so hard is that we experience everything through our own sensory filters, and so what happens is the information comes in, but then we interpret it through our own body. We interpret it through our own thoughts, we interpret it through our own emotions, and so we start feeling sad as if it's our sadness. We start feeling fear if it's our fear, We start feeling rage if it's our rate. We start feeling the confinking we're finding the distress like, we will find a way to sort of create the scenario or the story, to dial it into our own perspective, so that then we are perseverating about something that's going on. So like, for example, I was at reached a conference a number of years ago, and I came there feeling absolutely confident and fine and excited to be there, and all of a sudden, I was like there for a couple hours and I started to feel like a fraud. I started to feel like, who do you think you are? I started to experience my confidence flagging, and I just really started to like feel like insecure and uncomfortable. And all of a sudden it dawned on me that I was in a room. This was a business retreat for transformational entrepreneurs, and I was in a room where there were a lot of people who were not succeeding, and where the way that this person that the people were leading the event were teaching was that they were helping people to see their deficiencies and what it was that they needed to address. And so there was a whole room of people who were all having these like like whack upside the head revelations of their inadequacies. But instead of it being like, oh wow, I'm feeling all of this or sensing all of these people who are really struggling with their self esteem because they're realizing, maybe for the first time, that they don't have all the answers, I experienced it as if it was my problem. And so what I have found and this kind of leads us to the question you asked, which is, how is EmPATH do we deal with this? So the reason that I set up the five step system that's in my book is because what I found is that a lot of the solutions that are being offered to highly sensitive empathic people do not cut it. And part of it is like, how many times have you been told something like, oh, just put up a bubble of light, Like have you ever been you know, have you either of you guys ever gotten that one? Just put up a bubble of light, you'll be okay, or just think positive thoughts, you'll be okay. And what I noticed was that the problem is that this is this is a step in the process, but it is not the first step. And if we are already carrying around a whole bunch of distress that we've absorbed and taken on from the world around us, the problem is that we if you put a bubble of light up around that, it's kind of like taking a shower and leaving the bathtub like drain in the bottom of the tub and letting the dirty water sit there and then pulling the curtain back around. It's not going to address what you're already carrying inside.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's not what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 6: That's not what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Oop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's like you drain the bathtub.
Speaker 3: I'll pull the plug, Karen, Sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pull the plug, you know, let it drain. And so, what I discovered is that the first step of being able to start getting a handle on your empathic ability is first just to even recognize that you are an mpath. And so the first literally the first step in the system is recognized, and there's three levels to recognize. The first is just oh, I am an mpath and I am affected by these things. The second step is recognizing that you are actually feeling something like going like I'm feeling really out of sorts, I'm feeling really disoriented, I'm feeling really confused right now. And then the third step is to start working on recognizing what's mine, what's not mine, how much of this is actually coming from within me, how much of it is coming from without me. Most of the time it's a combination of you know, like I'll ask myself is this mine? And I would say that ninety five percent of the time the answer is yes, and it's also something else. So the first step that we need to take is even acknowledging what it means to be an EmPATH and instead of like kind of buying into the gas lighting and continuing to tell ourselves you're making too much of a big deal of it, can get over it, stuff worrying about it. Instead, we need to validate that we are picking something up, that we are sensing something and it is affecting us. So that's like the first step when it comes to empathic mastery is just to recognize what's going on. And very simply, one of the first things that I like to do is I like to just put my hands over my heart sort of or in the center of my chest, but kind of over my sternum, and I just really love to ask myself, so is this mine? And just asking is this mine? And a lot of times the answer will be yes and so, and then I might realize that some of my distress is like I mean, lately, some of my distress has been I've been really sort of having echoes of life during the Reagan administration and just kind of like what life was like back then when we were, you know, worrying about acid rain, and also like worrying about the right sort of a lot of different things happening, but I know that there is that, and then there's also the reality of all the things that are going on in the world around us. So recognize as the first step. The second step before we can protect ourselves and put up a bubble of light is release. We need to release the stuff that is not ours and let it go. And that's where me as an EFT practitioner and an EFT trainer comes in because in the more than three decades of work that I've been doing as an energy healer and an intuitive I have never ever ever found a tool more effective than EFT also known as tapping, but it stands for emotional freedom techniques, and honestly, I have yet to find something that it doesn't benefit in some way. There are also other ways we can release. We can go for walks, we can use our breath, we can use journaling. You could just you know, throw yourself into a clean bathtub and sort of imagine all the extra stuff kind of coming out of you you clean bathtub. That idea YU yeah, or you pull the you know, you put the plug in, you run the clean water and then you pull the plug when you're done, and so you know releases. The second step, the third step is when we start to build up our psychic filters and shields. It's the third step is protect. This is when we can start building up more robust filters and shields, because if we build up filters and shields in a state of distress, the distress that is going on internally is almost like it's kind of like verdict. It's kind of like lacquer remover from the inside. It weakens our filters and shields internally, so it compromises our ability to sustain any.
Speaker 3: Kind of protection.
Speaker 6: So we come to the third step of setting up our energetic filters and shields, but also logistically having boundaries recognizing where are we saying yes when we should be saying no, Where are we acquiescing, where are we going along? Where are we withholding our truth? Where are we overextending ourselves? Where are we overdoing overgiving? Where are we people pleasing? Because these are also traits that are very common for mpaths because we feel people's disapproval, We feel people's like disappointment and we don't and it's uncomfortable, and so we will often want to please people so that we don't have to feel the discomfort. And that's a whole other piece of it, because what I have found is that, you know, some people would say that empafs are codependent because we are sort of enmeshed or invested in helping people, are rescuing people. What I believe is that we feel better when other people feel better. So it is absolutely understandable that we're going to want to rush into rescue and we're going to want to help people to feel better.
Speaker 3: So it's a selfish thing saying it.
Speaker 6: Is a selfish thing to do. Yeah, we have an agenda. It's it's very uncomfortable to be around people in distress. So you know. So then the fourth step after we learn to protect, is connect and I look at that as connecting to a power greater than ourselves because I really have found that the universe of core is a vacuum. If you just clear things out, you get rid of the negativity and the toxicity, but you don't replace it with anything, then unfortunately, the negative that he is going to come back. And so what I have found is that we need to start connecting to a force, a power, a wisdom, a love that is greater than ourselves. Now, I'm not going to tell you what your sense of a higher power is. I believe that is an incredibly intimate thing, and that is a very very deeply personal thing. But in order to not keep on repeating the same pattern of taking on all the energy that's coming from the world around us, we really need to connect to something different. So it's sort of like we're replacing the energy with a more positive energy, with a more positive frequency. So instead of us running away from things, what we're starting to do is we're moving towards our desire and moving towards the things that feel good to us. And then the final step of empathic mastery, which comes after we've really kind of gotten ourselves stabilized and we're not wobbling all over the place, is act, which has to do with really looking at how are we living in our How are we living our life in a way that allows us to be of service in the world, but also allows us to do the things that keep us healthy and thriving, and living in a way that reinforces and supports us as opposed to keeps getting us into trouble. So long answer but the thing is that where some people might have a short, sweet, quick, easy answer, you know, I wrote a three hundred and eighty page book about what we need to do to deal with this, and I have spent the last like multiple decades of my life really learning how to navigate it because it is complicated.
Speaker 2: Well, we need to take a break, but we'll be right back with a lot more of this amazing interview. Hey, this is Will with a big question for you. Have you checked out the Skeptic Mam Physician's Inner Circle yet? If you like to show and the guests that we bring on, then you definitely want to be.
Speaker 3: A part of this. See.
Speaker 2: The Inner Circle is absolutely free to join, and it gives you an opportunity to not only interact with Karen and I, but you'll also so be able to engage with fellow listeners like yourself. Think of it as our own little support community. Now community not really your thing, no worries. In our inner Circle, you'll also find tons of discounts for services from some of our past guests, so that you can check them out for yourself to see which path makes the most sense for you.
Speaker 3: But that's not all.
Speaker 2: We're also going to be doing a lot of great giveaways, like free sessions from some of our guests. You can gain access to behind the scenes videos, even get the chance to be on the show with us. All the while you'll be helping the show grow by letting people know about us. And we mentioned it's one hundred percent free, no hidden gotcha's or ulterier emotives, just playing community building and audience building and our way of saying thanks to you sound interesting, I thought, so check out our show notes for the link to our inner circle and join today and then drop in and say hello and tell us what episode you heard this on. We might just give you a shout out on the show, thanks for listening and hope to see you soon. Well you asked for it, then you ask for it again, then you demanded it. Well, finally we have heard you. The Skeptic Metaphysician Merchandise store is now open with really fun show logo designs on things like shirts and mugs, to notebooks, phone and laptop cases, and everything in between. You can now take your favorite metaphysics one on one show with you everywhere you go. Just go to Skeptic metaphsian dot com, slash store, and you'll find a ton of cool stuff you can select from stickers, buttons, even COVID masks, wal art, tote bags, tapestries, you name it, we probably have it. Help us spread the word about the show. Get your skeptic metaphysician merch right now Skeptic medahsician dot com slash store. And now back to the skeptic metaphysicians.
Speaker 4: Are there any benefits at all?
Speaker 1: Exhausted like, well, okay, I'm not the only one, but man, this kind of sucks.
Speaker 6: So I really do believe there are benefits. And what I actually believe I actually interestingly channeled an entire book. Was the very first time I've ever channeled in an entire book. But I channeled an entire book last week. And what kept coming through was I was doing this was the explanation that that the thing is, we are in the first wave of empaths. We are the ones who are awakening to our sensitivity in order for this planet, for our Actually, the planet is going to survive regardless of what we as human beings do, Like the planet will find her way and we'll keep going. But us as a species, we are on a precarious We're kind of on a precarious moving in a direction that like we need to.
Speaker 2: Train.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we are making some interesting choices, let's just say. And what I what they What my sort of counsel explained to me was that there are more and more people are awakening to their empathic nature, because in order for us to change the course of our behavior as a species, we must feel the consequences of our choices, and we must understand what that is. And the thing is that this idea, one of the things that they keep on I keep hearing over and over again, is that we are the cells in the body of this earth. We are not individuals, We are not separated. We are all cells in the body of the earth. We are part of a larger organism. And as part of a larger organism, we are not actually separate. And so when we are feeling ourselves compartmentalized, when we are feeling ourselves in this sort of you know, world of human dominion, we don't feel the repercussions of our choices and our actions as a species. And what I believe is happening is that there are those of us who are sort of born in the first wave. And I'm imagining, Karen, you and I are kind of in that first you know, sort of those first really highly sensitive people who are sensing what is going on, not just with ourselves, but you know, like whether it's like within your environment. It could be just in your community or your circle of people, it could be in your region, it could be it could be just and it can it can sort of expand out to globally. But I really believe that we are the ones who are feeling what is happening on the planet and weird, and part of it is that our job is to actually feel it, but also to access love and to access hope and possibility. But in many ways, it's like we we are here to feel what everybody needs to be feeling in order for us to turn this around. And what I will say is that in my experience, the more comfortable I have gotten with feeling my own grief, my own anxious, my own fear, and my own disappointment and anger, and the more work I've done around sort of reconciling the past wounds, the more capable I am of holding space for the pain without having to finding myself being submerged in it. So but it is It's a tall order because we are hidding crisis for portions a as the species right now, and you and me, those of us who are feeling it. It is not easy by any means, and especially these last like two and a half years with the pandemic, it has been brutal. And I will just say, Karen, if you're not talking to a lot of mpaths, you are so not alone, Like this is the experience that many of us are having right now.
Speaker 1: And I was so excited because I finally, after however many years old, I am learned how to compartmentalize.
Speaker 6: I had to learn how to curate. I learned how to curate with this with One of the gifts of the pandemic was being able to tap out and say I've had it. I spent the first six months of the pandemic watching good Witch and Gray's Anatomy. God only knows why Grey's Anatomy was safe, but there was something about the over the top dramatization of it. But also what I realized is that what I love about Grey's Anatomy is that it's like it's like there's no there's no suppression of emotion. It's like it's all like big, big, big feelings all the time. And for mpaths, when people own their feelings, we don't have to own them. So there was almost like a comfort of being able to see people processing their feelings on Grey's Anatomy without having to be the person to process the feelings for them. And that Goodwitch, which I don't know if you've ever watched it, and it's a very adorable Hallmark series about this lovely healer named Cassie Nightingale and runs metaphysical shop somewhere, like you know, in this lovely little small town in Canada, and it just has, like you know, like episode upon episode with just very very benign and tame things where the villain literally wears a black hat and like you know, it's it's so tame, it's just so sweet, and those about what I could tolerate. So I also, I would say, I learned to curate, not necessarily mental life about to curate.
Speaker 2: So I need to step in here and say this episode is not brought to you by a good Witch or Grey's Anatomy.
Speaker 6: Thank you a lot of as I would say. And I am not a doctor, nor I play do I play one on TV?
Speaker 2: I want to touch base a little bit on what you said, and you touched on this a little bit, but when someone probably the best way to say this is I've constantly told Karen that I think she's on this planet to share love, to spread love, right because she is an unbelievably loving human being who cares so deeply for people that she has so much love from it. But societal norms keep things like that at arm's length.
Speaker 3: But I encourage her to.
Speaker 2: Share that love if someone, if enough of us were to go out there and really just screw the as title norms and just allow yourself to love others and express your love with that tilt the scales a little bit.
Speaker 6: I really believe we are in the pivot right now, and that we are in you know, I believe, And one of the things that I said in the book is that I think we're kind of If you've ever heard of Ken Kesey the hundredth Monkey theory and the idea of basically the hundred monkey theory was a story where there were there was this island and these monkeys learned how to wash their potatoes, and so the scientists were watching this and then like one tribe of monkeys or one group of monkeys would teach their young how to do this, and then eventually, sort of these other monkeys started to pick it up from the other monkeys and they started teaching their young. So eventually the entire the entire population of monkeys on this one island were washing their potatoes. And then all of a sudden, these other scientists who are sort of observing this or observing monkeys in another island separate from this, starting to notice this phenomenon where all of a sudden, these other monkeys were washing the potatoes. And so the theory of the hundredth monkey is that when we get to critical mass in terms of a consciousness or an awareness, there will be a quantum shift where suddenly the under the monkey sort of flips the switch and everybody has this access to this thing. My theory is that, you know, Karen and I are in the eighty seventh monkey category. We are getting there, but as a species, we haven't quite hit critical mess. And our job is absolutely to be turning the switch and to be doing the things that not everybody is doing yet, which is expressing love. And I want to speak a little bit more about why do we have this ability. The thing about an mpath is that we have both the ability to receive, but we also have the ability to broadcast and beam. And so when we are taking on the thoughts, feelings, energy, sensation of the world around us, and we're spinning out with the misery of it, it is very, very very hard to do anything else. But as we learn how to release this, and we learn how to find our center and sort of recalibrate within, what we can do is we can start to become beacons for love, for compassion, for hope, and for healing, and we can actually start broadcasting a signal instead of being part of the problem where we're just absorbing and then amplifying the distress.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting, and I'm just kind of thinking of all my life experiences and how many people are probably in the same boat that I'm in that are just kind of opening up or I'm not even really realizing this now, and so many things are clicking. For example, like my parents split up when I was very young, but my father was very much you know, don't make a big deal, don't be so emotional, blah blah blah. But when anybody, including my father, even now had any sort of life issues, who's the one they talk to and who's the one that hangs up the phone crying? And so I was thinking about you know all you're speaking and just how you know it shouldn't only be the sadness that you hold. I'm like, well, and this is not like I'm not tooting my own horn, but I have been told hundreds of times that when I walk into a room, it lightens up, that I bring happiness and joy, and I think maybe I'm just getting those little bits in everybody and just reflecting that out that it's not me, it's their own joy that they're saying.
Speaker 2: Nope, too, dead horn, baby, because you have a light about you. You aren't on this planet and you're bringing that energy with you wherever you go.
Speaker 6: I can absolutely see it. And this is my first meeting with you, Karen, but I can feel your glorious heart and I can completely see your beautiful light.
Speaker 2: That have confirmed it six people maybe have confirmed it, now a lot of people have confirmed it. So eventually you're going to decide to believe what we're all telling you.
Speaker 3: Eventually.
Speaker 6: Well, and you know, you say something that I think is so incredibly important because so often we really do have to fake it till we make it an act, as if we have to take the words of the people we love at face the people that we love and trust, not the ones who are gaslighting us, but the ones who we really do love and trust at face value, and go if they believe in me, maybe they can see something that I am too distressed to see right now, but maybe I can go with that and just really living with knowing that we are enough, that we are a beacon for love, that we do have a mission, that we are here and actually, and recently I've been I've been starting to do what I'm calling the Fairy Godmother Apprenticeship program with a number of people who I've been working with and mentoring, and where it's all about not just fixing the problems and focusing on the problems, but taking it to the next level, which is how do we share joy in a world that is so focused on so externally focused on issues and problems. And I think that's another part of it, is like we do. While I am not a fan of spiritual bypassing or lightwashing or ignoring the major social issues that are going on in our planet right now, I do think that we have a tendency as a species to perseverate on all the wrong things and not give ourselves permission to feel pleasure, to play, to have fun, to go for delight, and if anything, Like Karen, your job in my job is to radiate love and to share joy, to share a pleasure, to share fun, and to help people flip the switch so that they're not just sinking in despair because you know, I've been really getting the sense of like, At the same time that we have people who are aged in just abs salute, abject terror, and agony, we also have a mother who has just been handed her brand new baby, who is falling in love for the first time. We have people who are having their first like they have fallen in love and they're you know, haven't They're getting it on for the first time, and that ecstatic reunion of like I just found my boo, I just connected. We have people who are performers, who are musicians, who are out in the world in stadiums experiencing the ecstasy of an entire stadium of thousands and thousands and thousands of people grooving with their music and feeling it. We have people who are dancing. We have you know, football players and other athletes who are doing their optimum performance, who are winning awards and championships, and who are just elated. All of this is going on at the same time. And yet so as a society, you know, turn on the news and find out what's wrong. And so I think that for those of us who are highly sensitive empathic, it's really important to start trying to feel the joy that is in the world as well as feeling or acknowledging the sorrow.
Speaker 3: Wow, there's so much talk about on this topic.
Speaker 6: No, I know, this is one of the conversations that can go on and on.
Speaker 2: And you're right before we start recording, You're like, we're not gonna have any problem.
Speaker 3: Filling out the time. So you're absolutely right. We might have to go along. But I do want to talk about your book, because your book brings a.
Speaker 2: Lot of practical, tactical knowledge and tips on how to handle this stuff.
Speaker 3: Again one more times called empathic mastery, but it is.
Speaker 6: Called empathic mastery a five step system to go from emotional hot mess thriving success.
Speaker 2: And in the book you really do a deep dive on each one of those steps. I mean it's a wonderful book. But one of the things that I've heard you mentioned as I was researching is that you should try to stay away from processed sugar. Yes, what does that have to do with empathic abilities?
Speaker 6: Okay, so sugar, this is so let me see if I can try it. So, sugar is an endocrine disruptor in the sense that you know, insulin is a hormone, and when we are consuming large amounts of carbohydrate, we are basically disrupting our hormones. And if you are a human being, but especially if you're female, and you've ever experienced PMS, you know how much our hormones impact us.
Speaker 3: Now, hold on, don you I have experienced it, but from the other side.
Speaker 6: Of the Yes, but you know too, you know too. And the thing is that there are you know, we don't necessarily think about insulin as a hormone. We don't necessarily think of but when we are, sugar is something that will cause our blood our blood sugar. It will cause our system to spike with really high blood sugar and then crash with really low blood sugar. And our bodies are not meant to process a lot of sugar. Our bodies like as a species, we didn't like even fruits. We're not really like easy to access like up until recently. Sugar is a very modern concept. It was a very very special treat until very very recently. And the problem is that sugar influences and affects our blood. Sugar our and it deeply, deeply imp our mood. But it also compromises the bacteria the flora that grows in our gut. And essentially there is more understanding that our gut has the same cellular makeup as the gray matter of our brain. And there's a sort of you know when people talk about trusting your gut, that's because there's a deep connection between the gut. We're pointing at my head. There's a deep connection between the gut and the brain.
Speaker 3: That's a strong connection there.
Speaker 6: That's strong connection there. And the thing is that when we are food, we feed our gut unfavorable foods that contribute to or help unfavorable flora to grow in our gut. We develop what it's called gut dyspiosis. And as we develop gut dyspiosis, what happens is we throw our entire system out of whack and we cause we compromise the integrity and the literal sort of like filtering system of our internal gut. And so, if you have ever heard the saying in metaphysics as above so below or as within so without, when we compromise the the filters and the sort of extremely resilient internal lining of our gut, we are not only compromising our internal gut, we are also compromising our external filters and shields. So, sugar is something that affects us deeply emotionally, and it affects us and it affects us also very much physically. And so what I have found is that while there certainly are exceptions to the rule, and there are some mpaths who are way more physically resilient and able to kind of get away with it, or they're just so much younger that their body has not reached that sort of critical mass. But in my experience, once you start talking about people getting into their mid twenties and beyond, the more sugar you concern consume, or the more and the more sort of processed carbohydrates you consume, because you know, like whitebread turns into sugar, the more compromised your gut becomes, and the more compromised, your entire hormonal system becomes, and the more disregulated one becomes. So I have found that stopping sugar is actually one of the very it's it's one of the most important things we can do. But what I will say is that if you do not have healthy alternatives in place, and you just go cold turkey. In the same way if you ever quit smoking, and you know that, like when you quit smoking, it's sort of like all your stuff comes up. If you've been using sugar to self sued, then the challenge is that unless you've got some kind of other way to take care of yourself and support yourself, it is going to really excuse can I say, use it, use it letter word.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it's going to really suck.
Speaker 6: It's gonna really suck, like to okay, I but I just wanted to be sure that you know, I could believe me, I could drop the fom all over the place. Actually, I have a friend who is a friend who crochetes bombs with the word F on them. So I'm getting a set of purple crocheted f bombs during podcasts and Facebook lives and things like that.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, then that gives you a roadmap Cairn right for how you need to live your life moving forward.
Speaker 3: You've got the five steps.
Speaker 2: If you want to know more about how to get a grip on stuff and pathic mastery, the book is fantastic. It's a nobs tell it like it is guide written specifically band paths.
Speaker 4: I don't have to figure out what it's saying.
Speaker 3: No, Nope, tell me directly.
Speaker 2: It is a nobs tell it like it is and it's written by an mpath who cracked the code on how to handle it. So if you recognize any of this in you, I would urge you to check out Jennifer's book. We're going to add a direct link to it in our show notes. So if you're listening to this on the radio, all you need to do is go to Skeptic Metaphysition dot com, go to her episode page and just click the link.
Speaker 3: It'll be that easy for you to find it.
Speaker 2: If you're listening it to on your phone right now, hit the little I on the corner that gives you the show notes and you will find the link there. You don't even need to leave your couch. So you have given us so much to think about. I know, Karen her life has now been changed. So thank you so much for taking the time to share your expertise with us, because it's something that we've been wanting to tackle for a long time and something that I think will help Karen and a lot of folks who are listening right now at all crazy.
Speaker 6: You're not yeah crazy. If I can just say, I'd love to say two things. One is that in addition to the book, I also have a free Facebook group where I offer a lot of support. I teach master classes, and you can learn more about that by going over with the show notes and everything, because I would really you know, my mission is to help other highly sensitive, empathic people to understand what they are, why they feel the way they feel, and to really turn it around. And I just want to say, Karen, my heart, I know what you I really can identify and relate with what you're going through, and that it does get better. I promise it can get better. You are not crazy, You are not making stuff up. You are and you are like and for a reason. You are here for a reason, and you are part and I really believe that you and the rest of us, and you know, the empathic tribe that is rising up in the world that we are here to be part of the solution and to help birth a new world where things can be better. So you guys, thank you so much for having me on this time is whizzed by Sure. Oh my god, what an amazing conversation. It has been such a pleasure to talk with you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we feel exactly the same way, and we are going to add all of those links directly on our show notes so that you have a way to connect not just find her book, but also connect directly with Jennifer, whether it's her Facebook group or on her social media accounts. Will have all those links on our show notes, so feel fee to click goes and connect with her directly. Jennifer, once again, thank you so much for coming on the show. We look forward to maintaining contact with the Petens.
Speaker 6: Thank you absolutely, yes, please.
Speaker 3: A huge thank you to you.
Speaker 2: We know that there are tons of options out there, and having you decide to come along on our journey of discovery with us is an absolute honor for us.
Speaker 3: We hope you've enjoyed this conversation as much as we have.
Speaker 2: If you did and you feel called to give back, we invite you to visit our website at Skepticmanaphysition dot com, where you can donate to the show or subscribe as a member through our buy me a Coffee campaign.
Speaker 3: Your support will go a.
Speaker 2: Long way towards allowing Karen and I to bring you these wonderful conversations and teachings in more and.
Speaker 3: More robust ways.
Speaker 2: Now that's all for now, we will see you on the next episode of The Skeptic Metaphysician.
Speaker 3: Until then, take care,