Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. We all made it in today. Watch those roads. It's very snowy out there. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. Now, ladies and gentlemens.
Speaker 2: Ron Ryan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't had to say that much of my career here in Houston. Snow on the ground. If you don't need to be out on the roads, don't be out on the roads.
Speaker 1: It was slick out there.
Speaker 3: I had the Tundra in four wheel drive and I could even tell that I was still sliding around just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Lots of snow on the ground, winter storm warning.
Speaker 3: I know Alex is gonna talk about that all morning long.
Speaker 1: In Houston's headlines. Snowy, partly cloudy, high thirty eight later.
Speaker 3: Today, it's accumulating on the ground. Wild Looking for your snow pictures to add to our Facebook page. I started you off with a couple of quick pictures and then both of them. I just want you to build on that, so we'll keep that going on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: All morning long.
Speaker 3: Monster Jam cheap tickets. I'll check in with Chilly to make sure that he's ready to go our deep discount ticket sale. I know you're distracted by the weather and all sorts of other things, and the kids aren't in school. But nine dollars and forty five cent tickets going on sale at six o'clock. Fifteen hundred tickets for the February first show. Adam the cop going for whin number three, fresh out of bed, head to head and we'll go through the rest of the lineup in just a bit. But I know Alex wants to get after it because you don't have much of a drive at all into work. No, thankfully, but man I Chilli and I we're both using I.
Speaker 4: Ten and in.
Speaker 1: So you'rs cold as it as coold as I south. Yeah, all right, So winter weather, yeah, good morning, ride, good morning home room.
Speaker 5: A winter warm A winter storm morning is now in effect through six pm today. You're gonna likely to see snowsleet, or a mix of both throughout the morning, depending on your location. Mayor John Whitmeyer as your Eustonians to stay at home and leave a roads for first responders. He also said to he were prepared to be at home for the next forty eight hours. City Point Energy says that they are prepared. That got CRUs from out of town to help them out, but they are waiting to respond, and they don't expect there to be a grid issue this winter storm.
Speaker 1: But a're not. It seems like Donald.
Speaker 5: Trump officially became the forty seventh president of the United States yesterday at his inauguration. The ceremony was held inside the Capitol Rotunda and was well attended some notable guests. It was pretty crazy all the amount of people that were there. Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Theana White, Joe Rogan, Connor McGregor, Caitlyn Jenner, and Minnie Moore. In his second inaugural address, he said that the Golden Age of America begins now. He also pledged to expand US territory and end foreign wars. In that speech, he then turned his rally in downtown d C into a signing ceremony for some executive actions. And I believe he signed forty two executive actions yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh that's where he's got the books that he gives the pen away and does all that.
Speaker 5: Okay, scientists have found a trick to make kids eat more vegetables.
Speaker 1: Please tell me what it is. Ort into a new study.
Speaker 5: All you have to do is convince them that eating vegetables will give them superpowers.
Speaker 1: Oh like Popeye.
Speaker 6: So lie.
Speaker 3: So you're allowed to lie to your kids. You're allowed to gaslight your kids. You're allowed to do all of that. Okay, cool, Cool, as long as I'm fine, you got a green light to do everything you can.
Speaker 1: To get your kid to eat vegetables.
Speaker 5: These researchers read fairy tales Little Kids where the hero is eating magical fruits and vegetables and learned that it made those kids want fresh pruders as a snack. Eighty percent of those kids in that study were still eating more fruits and veggies weeks after the study was over. Show like, hey, it'll make you a superhero pretty much that I'll get them fly.
Speaker 6: You lis seem to carry underwood from yesterday, guys.
Speaker 5: She was scheduled to sing America the Beautiful at the presidential inauguration. She ended up having to do with a cappella because of a technical glitch.
Speaker 1: I want to listen back into that, just sease it was really good. It just wasn't.
Speaker 3: Everybody sang along with her. I thought it was cool. I thought it was cool. I of course I felt terrible for her. There was supposed to be some sort of a backing track. There's another function with that. It started, then it stopped. She didn't know what to do. It was uncomfortable for two minutes, and then she said, you know what effort I'm just gonna say, And then she did it and I thought it was great.
Speaker 5: And she told lawmakers around her like, hey, you know the words, sing along with me, and then just kind of went into it.
Speaker 6: She wasn't on a stage, she was just kind of on the floor there. She did look a.
Speaker 1: Little bit annoyed, but I mean when.
Speaker 5: You're like, when we have technical difficulties in the studio, we look a little bit annoyed too, So that happens, Yeah, messes up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I can understand that.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember when Weezer covered Toto's Africa back in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Toto, it was.
Speaker 5: The guitar player Steve Lukether thinks Weezer's rivers Cuomo even doesn't even like the song. He says that he thinks Cuomo did it ironically or to make fun of the song, but that it blew up in his face and now he's got to play it every night.
Speaker 6: So he thinks this was kind of of an ironic joke thing that.
Speaker 1: Didn't work out.
Speaker 5: He also claims that he tried to reach out to Cuomo to be friendly, but that it quote just got weird. Lukather also went on to say, I don't want to get into it, but it was good for them and it was good for us. It seems like he does want to get into it if he's bringing this up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean Steve lucathar Luka, He's in every guitar documentary. He did all the guitar work on Michael Jackson's albums. Of course he didn't do the solo and Beat It, but he did all the guitar work on Beat It. So yeah, I mean he's been around a long time. He's a very respected guitar player. So I don't think he's wrong.
Speaker 1: I've we brought them back up into the light a little bit. Yeah, big time, big time.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So the national championship game was last night.
Speaker 5: You know, I say, Buckey's are your national champions. They beat nine thirty four to twenty three last night in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. It looked like it would be a blowout, but Notre Dame made a game out of it. Ohio States quarterback Will Howard was named the game's MVP through for two hundred and thirty one yards and two touchdowns. It's the buck guys first national title since twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Basketball.
Speaker 5: The Rockets fell to the Pistons yesterday one oh seven to ninety six.
Speaker 6: They're now twenty eight and fourteen on the season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Cavaliers tomorrow night at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Okay, Chile, I just heard from Tom with Monster Jam.
Speaker 1: Are we ready to go? Is a link good and up and ready to rock? Getting the thumbs up? Or am I getting them? Am I getting waved off? Yeah?
Speaker 7: We're good.
Speaker 1: It's the thumbs up. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Fifteen hundred tickets that are normally thirty five dollars apiece, they are up for nine dollars and forty five cents. I can't do anything about Ticketmaster's charges. I can't do anything about that. All I can do is work with the Monster Jam people to get that price down to nine dollars and forty five cents.
Speaker 1: As a base. When they're gone, they're gone.
Speaker 3: This is for the Saturday, February first show. So I know a lot of you are trying to get those tickets right now.
Speaker 1: That's great. I want your snow.
Speaker 3: Pictures added to our Facebook page. And I'm looking for that first phone call of the day. Who wants to get a start what you're seeing out there. Please be careful lot on the roads if you are somebody that needs to be out on the roads. We were told that we were needed to be on the roads today, so we're here. I don't recommend it. It was very slick out there. Seven one, three, two five, the most interactive show on the radio. I plan on taking a lot of calls today. It's ninety four to five to the bus, ninety four five the Buzz, three days, Grace and Animal.
Speaker 1: I have become Ride Ryan Show. I'm a snowy tat Tuesday. Snow on the ground, guys.
Speaker 3: Nothing that we gotta shovel or anything like that, but there is some snow on the ground. I'm enjoying your pictures. I started you guys off. I took a couple of pictures early this morning outside. I would like you guys to contribute. I'd like to see what it looks like where you're at. So drop a snow picture on our Facebook page. I've pinned it to the top of our page. Go directly to our Facebook page. Then don't push it out anymore. So you gotta go, you gotta go and look for it at Rod Ryan's show. But we have a winter storm warning that's going on right now, and we're gonna have snow continued throughout the day, partly cloudy later and we'll see hies today of thirty eight. All right, let me just check in with the chile A and find out if we have everything squared away with Monster Jam today. Right now we're seven minutes in. I know there was a couple of tricky things going on with our website this morning, Shocker Chili. Is there a link up to buy the tickets?
Speaker 8: Yes, it is, but then it's just working in that, working, working in that, working, okay.
Speaker 7: So just working on it right now, man, trying to get it going.
Speaker 1: Okay. So right now you're telling me that it is not working.
Speaker 8: It's not working you when you go onto links and guess you'll see everything. Yeah, and they do'll say get you Rode Ryan Show, Monster Jam cheap.
Speaker 7: Tickets before they are gone.
Speaker 8: Yes, you'll click on it and then it says, sorry, this page is currently unavailable. Why that's what I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're working on that. That's okay, that's really carry Underwoods.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I heart Okay, figure that out. Figure that out.
Speaker 3: Because we got Tom up from master Jam. So all right, I'll keep you posted. Apparently we got a busted link for the nine dollars and forty five cent tickets. That's always awesome. Adam the cop he already sent me a picture. He's out there on the snowy roads. We'll check in with him to see where he's at. He's going for win number three in the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. I saw some phone lines were up and running and now those have dropped.
Speaker 1: If you want to.
Speaker 3: Get in on the first phone call today, I'll take your call. Chili's working on the website seven five. Let me know where it's what it's doing. Where you're at. A Wall Nation tickets in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback A Wall Nation April first House of Blues aj R is playing Rodeo Houston. Rodeo Houston dot com for your full schedule AJR is March sixth. We've got tickets for you at seven twenty Monster Jam, the tickets that we're eventually gonna have on sale February first, the Saturday show, I got tickets for you at A twenty. We are back with the alternative Income. May be listening for the keyword at nine ten today. That's the chance to win a thousand dollars. You'll need to enter that at our website. Hopefully our website will work later. Bust best tickets on Know the Show, and a million other things. Let's see if we got these phones working here.
Speaker 9: It's that time for the first phone call of to day.
Speaker 1: Hey Tom, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey we come on by the I'm just.
Speaker 1: Checking these phones.
Speaker 3: I'm just checking to see what's what is busted today. It looks like the phones are working. Hey Tom, where are you from?
Speaker 1: Alby and b You got to take me off that speakerphone.
Speaker 3: Can't hear you. This is what Chili does when he's off here. I just I'm raw dog in these calls with Tom. Tom, you got to sound great on the air, and I don't want to hear what you got to say in Alvin, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Tom, Okay, sorry about that. How you go to it? I'm actually I'm driving with text right now. We're treating the roads. Just to heads up. Anybody that's has to go anywhere, stay on the feeder roads until we do have plows in town. Actually that came in from El Paso and other parts of Texas. Okay, so they'll get out of here soon. Just if you have to go anywhere, stay on the feeder roads, stay off the highways.
Speaker 3: What are you guys using on the roads? Because we don't us salt down here, right, is it?
Speaker 1: Sandu?
Speaker 2: They did bring in some salt trucks the past three days. We've been treating it with the Brian to kind of help it from freezing too bad. But you know, it does what it does when it snows.
Speaker 1: You know you're actually working. You work for text Dot, I'm a contract company working with him.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is going to be my my thing all day. Because I thought about maybe taking the side roads in. I don't have that far of a drive from the heights to here in the galley. I just I wanted to see what it looked like up there. I got on iten and it was slick. I could tell that it was slick. There was quite a bit of snow. There's very few people out on the roads. I'm assuming that's the same for you, Tom and Elvin.
Speaker 2: I'm actually at fifty nine South and Belwegh right now. We're doing treatment.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, very good, all right, Tom, Well, thank you. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: All right, brother Rod, I have a good one.
Speaker 3: All right, Tom, be safe out there if you don't have to be out on the roads. Don't be out on the roads, Alex. You got a real quick drive in and out chilly. Any good news on monsters? Yeah, yeah, she'ld have stayed at home.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: So I've refreshed it and it's showing on my page right now that it works and gays. But then if I refreshed it like three more times, it'll just show the anything a game. But it's working, So I think it's just a server issue.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I am showing the code and the link to buy tickets. Okay, everybody try to yep. It's working for.
Speaker 1: Me now, yep, all right.
Speaker 3: Ninety five cent tickets on LinkedIn guests world Famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot Com. There's fifteen hundred of them, and it might take us a little longer to sell them out just because everyone's distracted with the weather and I get it. It's just it's a crazy day. But we had this scheduled and we've got to get the other we're gonna do Monster We're gonna do the discounted ticket sales for all three Monster Jam shows. So I gotta space them out. So that's why we had to do it today, so LinkedIn guests. Looks like it's squared away. Long out into the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com and get those tickets.
Speaker 9: Rock and Al tearing the rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, that's rod Ryan Show on a snowy tattoo day here in Houston. And the snow continues.
Speaker 3: The fall winter storm warning will continue eighty percent chance of snow, wow, partly cloudy, high of thirty eight. It looks like we're all squared away. Well, I'm gonna help Alex out with trending. So the Monster Jam link is trending right now just because it's finally working and everybody's.
Speaker 1: Going to it.
Speaker 3: So I just so I just checked in with our Monster Jam folks, and we have over close to four hundred tickets sold already, so the link is up Monster Jam Deep Discount ticket sale. We started with fifteen hundred tickets, We've got about eleven hundred left. Thirty five dollars tickets are now nine dollars and forty five cents.
Speaker 1: When they're gone, they're gone. So that is trending. So you got to go directly to links and guests for that.
Speaker 5: Also trending is snow. The winter storm warning we've got in Houston right now. You're supposed to stay inside. Yeah, as you absolutely got to be out there, bring your pets in.
Speaker 6: There's snow, it's cool, and send.
Speaker 3: Us your pictures, yeah, Adam to our Facebook page. So we're looking for your snow pictures. I got you started. Oh yeah, there's a lot of them on there right now. Great job, guys, keep adding them to that link. I started with my picks this morning. A lot of picks, a lot of videos being dropped on our page right now.
Speaker 1: It's fun. I'd like to see what it looks like where you guys are at.
Speaker 6: And finally, Ohio State is trending. They beat Notre Dame last night in the National.
Speaker 5: Championship games become the champions of college football.
Speaker 6: It's their first national title since twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: That's a trending. I niny provide the bus. Adam the Cop sent me a picture of his office today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is his squad car whatever you call it, his cruiser, I don't think quadron. He is out in the snow looking the bus people, and he's gonna take just a little bit of time to play the fresh out of bed head to head with us this morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody. This is Adam the Cup but I'm your fresh out of bed head to head two day champions. This five time Hall of Famer is trying to get back in for the sixth time. And can we finally get a weighing number three of the year.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Not the.
Speaker 2: So come on with its.
Speaker 3: Seven one three two one two five nine four five if you want to uh take him on.
Speaker 1: Ryan's Show, Fun ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Four or five The Buzz, Imagine Dragons and Natural Rod Ryan Show on a snowy tat Tuesday. Over eight hundred tickets gone. We're over the halfway point of the fifteen hundred. Deeply discounted moster Jam tickets for the February one show, Monster Jam Deep discount ticket sale links and guests. Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Everything's explained. And uh, like I said, over eight hundred of you, eight hundred tickets, not eight hundred of you, but eight hundred tickets have sold. I know people buy them up for you and the whole family, So get after them when they're gone.
Speaker 1: They're gone.
Speaker 3: Good luck, and thanks to our friends over at Monster Jam for always working with us. Winter storm warning and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Play a game. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Adam the cop, good morning, Good morning brother. Run What do you call your vehicle? Is it your cruiser? What do you call it?
Speaker 7: Shop?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I said, I go. You send us a picture of your office today. I put it up on our stories. I hope that's okay. So you're out there in the snow, listen. Not many people on the roads today.
Speaker 4: Huh No, it's actually been surprisingly super super low traffic.
Speaker 7: I can count how many cars passed me a minute with one hand.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's keep it that way. Yeah, let's keep it that way.
Speaker 3: If you don't need to be out on the roads, don't be out on the roads today because Adam will write your asset ticket if you're doing if you're.
Speaker 1: Acting a fool, all right, I'll do it. He doesn't care. He'll get up. He doesn't want to get out of the car, but he will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna have to walk to me this time.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine?
Speaker 1: Get up? It's like a parent. Come over here so I can.
Speaker 2: Beat you.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 3: All right, you're taking out Jordan Welch in the machine, dude.
Speaker 1: Good morning, brother, rud Good morning Jordan. I mean, listen, we know that you're out there. You come to all of our events.
Speaker 11: We hear you.
Speaker 1: I'm free or open phones and all of that. I don't know you to be playing this game for over for a long time.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know you've played from time to time, but you don't get in on this game often.
Speaker 12: No, it was like September twenty twenty three last time I played.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I lost to Arthur.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you remember that?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I mean to be the best, you got to beat the best. You're going against Adam the copy won the whole damn thing last year.
Speaker 1: You ready to go, Yes, sir. I don't want to expect with Jordan. If I'm against three, he's being like Color four, six and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Every time my last couple of games, he's been telling me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess he wants a PC of you, Adam.
Speaker 13: He does, he does.
Speaker 7: Good luck, Jordan, Good look, Adam.
Speaker 3: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I've got twenty twenty five Automotive show tickets. I believe Chill's given out four packs to that coming up on January twenty ninth, Automotive Show, Alex. They kind of smashed those words together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. That's good.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like a good smashing of words. Jordan and Adam. Jadam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't yell jat him. Don't just yell your name. Here we go, Question number one, what actor stars in the movies?
Speaker 1: Adam? I didn't say the movies yet, Adam. I'm telling everybody not to speed and you do answer in three. No, it's not the rock.
Speaker 3: I was about to give you a list of movies to help you with the answer, but you guys, both and Jordan, you're lucky.
Speaker 1: You're lucky to get in first. Here comes the question what actor.
Speaker 3: Stars in the movies Days of Thunder, Mission Impossible, and Top Gun. Jordan, Tom Cruise. Yeah, okay, Jordan, Jordan, Oh, I don't know. Here we go, Jordan and Adam. What is a baby kangaroo called Adam?
Speaker 1: Joey, Little Joey.
Speaker 3: Joey got ourselves the ca we do? Okay, Jordan, he's saying his name before you each time. He's crazy fast. But I don't know if you're hoping for some sort of another speeding thing.
Speaker 1: Here we go for the win. What sport is played? Okay, Jordan, go for it. I'm speeding now. I'm gonna go with three two? What sport is played during the FIFA World.
Speaker 3: Shot?
Speaker 7: Shot the world?
Speaker 10: Now, you gotta do you.
Speaker 6: Great will, That's not how.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it. You're you're so lucky.
Speaker 12: Story wow, don't that's that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: You gotta lay it out there.
Speaker 1: Jordan's reel it in. It's cold, put it away, put it away. It's too cold to have that all undefeated in cold weather games. You can say, Adam, and.
Speaker 2: Now the when y'all coined me Adam the coff It was during the snow.
Speaker 1: Storm of one. Yeah, and I lost him.
Speaker 3: I lost my game then too well, he got the wrong something, Dude, there's snow out there.
Speaker 6: It's like the Dolphin's going out to play, NOI Adam.
Speaker 1: We gotta say goodbye to you. Wow, good bye, guys, good luck Jordan, go get it. Jordan Welch and the Machine.
Speaker 3: Oh don dude, woo with I hope you don't mind massive upset today.
Speaker 1: Yep, Wow, Jordan with the win. You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I'm gonna up.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a game? Hang on the rod Ryan's Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Lincoln Park and lost and then what a dame And it's no slam on Jordan Welch in the Machine.
Speaker 1: He even knows it. It's a massive upset. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jordan said he hadn't played the game since twenty twenty three. Jordan very active with the show and he's always out. He comes to every single event that we do. He's always out there. I hear my on open Phones Friday. He just doesn't play fresh out of bed, head.
Speaker 1: To head that often.
Speaker 3: Maybe he should and uh, well he's gonna play again tomorrow, he said, man, because he was the winner today, A fresh out of.
Speaker 1: Bed head to head Chutlenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody. This is Jordan Welch in the machine. You're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion and what you just heard was history.
Speaker 14: I just took out the twenty twenty four Grand champion, Adam the Cop. That's an upset for the year, my friends, tech maybe for the decade. But join me on Walt Card Wednesday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 3: Now, he beat Adam the Cop. I don't know if that makes him better than Adam the Cop, but I can say this better at victory speeches that Adam the Cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeahs on that.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: He didn't want any help either. He goes, no, no, no, I got this. I'm like, bro, you sure you even done this a lot?
Speaker 1: Are you sure? He's like?
Speaker 7: I got it?
Speaker 6: You know what he wants?
Speaker 1: All right? Awesome job.
Speaker 3: I'm getting some really nice emails Christian Sanchez, thank you, brother Rod and the twins.
Speaker 1: My boy's going to be so happy.
Speaker 3: He's going to see your truck on his birthday again this year, got himself some Monster Jam tickets. Lacey got my tickets. You got to follow Chili's instructions. I was able to get it to work. I snagged my tickets. Thank you guys for doing the cheap ticket days. My son is going to be so excited. I mean, listen, If we can make you, as a parent, look like a bit of a hero to your child, then this is so worth it to me. And that's Tom and everybody over at Monster Jam that makes this happen. So we're well over one thousand tickets. There's less than four there's about four hundred tickets remaining. So we sold eleven hundred tickets, there's fifteen We started with fifteen hundred. There's about four hundred tickets remaining. If you're in the queue, or I mean if you're if you've got them in your cart, you got to check out Lightning Speed because they can be ripped from your cart. Monster Jam tickets for February one on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. And as I'm talking now, thirteen hundred tickets gone. There's two hundred tickets remaining. Two hundred left. Guys might not make it to the end of fun Facts.
Speaker 6: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart in funny your buddies, it's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 3: All right, I brought us the fun facts for you today. Shout out to all my Jessica is out there. Shakespeare invented the name Jessica.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, No one've ever been called Jessica the Merchant of Venice.
Speaker 3: It was during that writing the play. I don't know what it was, but he just invented a name, Jessica.
Speaker 1: It's wild. Well you could invent a name. M's start working on it.
Speaker 3: Last time that a state line was moved was nineteen sixty one. There was a bit of a border shift between Minnesota and North Dakota.
Speaker 9: That is fun.
Speaker 3: Who can you imagine picking up an entire state line and moving it over a little bit.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much of meaning? So heavy? So heavy? And see you like this one for your fun facts today.
Speaker 3: The traditional national sport of Turkey soccer. It's grease wrestling.
Speaker 1: That's neat.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A couple of dudes cover themselves in olive oil. You win the match by pinning your opponent or lifting him up and carrying him three steps.
Speaker 1: Dudes covered in olive oil, National Sport of Turkey. It's the fuck what a place.
Speaker 5: That's of the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart. It's the fu to the day. He's just in Chilio there, Betty love it. Oh, he'd be a champion at that. Okay, a Wall Nation April first House of Blues. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Name somebody on the Rod Ryan Show that has an above average number of arms.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can name anybody.
Speaker 3: Name somebody on the Rod Ryan Show that has an above average number of arms.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Oh, how was here for that yesterday? So you know, maybe maybe it was him?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hal, you're still giggling about it, all right, snow covering the roadway, so you're smart to stay in today. Just kind of wrap yourself around Mama Cash.
Speaker 1: And hang out. All right, I'll tell her you said that, all right? How be doing on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 15: Well, yesterday the markers were closed, So we're going to kick off this morning with the now at forty three thousand, four eighty seven nashas at nineteen thousand, six point thirty Benchmarktenior Treasury's trading right now out of four point five eight percent, and oil stands at seventy five dollars eighty nine cents of barrel. See the most active is the big studs and duds. Well markers closed, so we're none this morning. The economic calendar, it's all clear. But right now futures, hey, they're on the f side hanging on to this, So be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. If that's it, I met here. This is Howland Menu's director with Raymon James, porty Ford The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James un seeing police friend Augusta at Deelfrey at the Boys rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 16: Famin's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmns. We'll continue.
Speaker 3: This is not a.
Speaker 9: Solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell.
Speaker 16: Any security referred to your ad becase program is for an education, not an informational services does it's based on movement, As.
Speaker 3: Reported by ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Welcome back.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a trick question. Hey, good morning. Is this David? Yes it is Hi David, Welcome to the fun fact flashback. Who on the show?
Speaker 3: We determined we talked about everybody on the show. Who on the show had an above average number of arms?
Speaker 1: I would say, Chile.
Speaker 3: You know what, you could have named any of us on the show, but yeah, Chili has an above average number of arms. How well, almost no one has more than two arms, but some people have zero or one, So that means the average number of arms worldwide is just slightly less than two. Chili has an above average number of arms. You're right, dude, Thank you. I've alcome to go with his above average intelligence.
Speaker 1: A Wall Nation April First House of Blues, Dude, you're in I love it? Thank you all right, dude, stay warm? Hey play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, ninety four.
Speaker 9: Point five The bus station from iHeartRadio The Rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show on ninety four five Buzz far five The Buzz. That's it, guys, all.
Speaker 3: Fifteen hundred ticket they've been gone for a little bit, but all fifteen hundred tickets are gone. The Monster Jam deep discount ticket sale, the nine dollars and forty five cent tickets, Bam, they are gone.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our friends over at Monster Jam for making that happen. It means a lot.
Speaker 3: You know. His name is Tom, the guy that we work with, and I share with him some of the emails. Some of you are telling me that you just absolutely this time of year is so tight on money. You just got through with Christmas and you wouldn't be able to take your kids to Monster Jam had we not done this sale. And that is why I ask for it every time. That's why I ask for all the shows. I'm like, please, can we do this cheap ticket sale because it gets so many more people involved and able to go that just don't have the fund.
Speaker 1: Say, I get it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's like, you know, you're looking at it everywhere for some sort of a deal, and this deal is outrageous. These are thirty five dollars tickets. So we will next week we will put tickets on sale. I don't know what day, but we'll have a cheap ticket sale for the remaining two Monster Jams. Tickets still remain for Saturday, February first, we'll give away tickets to that show and pit passes at around eight twenty this morning. We'll be listening for some of those other shows to be deeply discounted.
Speaker 1: Moving forward.
Speaker 3: Now, we got a winter storm warning and I'm gonna let Alex do his thing, but I mean snowy partly.
Speaker 1: Claudie will see highs and thirty eight. I'll do my part. Stay up the roads if you don't have to be out there.
Speaker 3: Airport's closed, school's closed, and there is a significant for here. There's a significant amount of snow on the ground right now, so I don't want you driving.
Speaker 1: If you don't have to, just.
Speaker 3: Kick back, listen to us from home and stay nice and warm. What you got Houston headline.
Speaker 5: Welcome morning, home room, Good morning everyone. A winter storm warning is now in effect through six pm. You're inn likely see snowsleep or both throughout the morning, depending on your location. Mayor John Whitmyer has urged Ustonians to stay at home and leave our roads for the first responders. He also said to be prepared to be at home for the next forty eight hours. Center Point Energy says it it's got some assistants, that's got people from out of town to help out, and that they say that their crews are prepared and waiting to respond, and it looks like we are expected not to have any grid issues. Air kot it better not happened. That's all I'm gonna say. I like say better not happen.
Speaker 3: I like the headline Utility companies say they are ready for the winter storm. Utility companies ensure that CRUs have been working around the clock to prepare for the winter storm hitting southeast Texas.
Speaker 1: I love that headline. Let's keep the power on.
Speaker 3: Let's keep everybody nice and toasty warm, Stay at home if you can.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump officially became the forty seventh President of the United States yesterday at his inauguration, The ceremony was held inside the Capitol Rotunda and was well attended by a lot of notable people like Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos stay in a white Connor mac gregor was there. I didn't see Connor McGregor, and I didn't see Joe Rogan. I made a joke that a guy looked like Wayne Gretzky. When we got off the air, Wayne Gretzky was freaking there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know why he was on the invent list, but pretty so. I mean he's just Trump knows greatness. He's like, oh, this guy, greatest accupulator of that time, come on down and you're Canadian whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, he wanted to tell him that you missed a hundred percent of the shots. That's probably what you know. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In his second inaugural address, he said that quote the Golden Age of America begins now, and then he also pledged to expand US territory and into foreign wars. He then turned his rally in downtown d C into a signing ceremony for some executive actions, signed forty two of those yesterday.
Speaker 1: This is the wrong show to turn into the fashion police.
Speaker 3: But you can't help but notice all the comments that were made about Malania Trump and Hamburg the Hamburglar, and then almost as many comments about Lauren Sanchez. If you don't know who she is, that's Jeff Bezos's squeeze. She was married to what's the tight end's name, Tony and Zalaz, Tony Gonzalez. So she thought a boostier was a good thing? Was she who she thought was a good thing to wear?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: How about not making everything about yourself?
Speaker 5: Was she Zuckerberger's taking a peek at Yes, that was a funny meme. He was just like, all right, he's not a robot. He was looking at boobs.
Speaker 3: I listen, I don't care what you wear and when you wear it and where you wear it. But that just seemed like, okay, look at me. Don't be such a try hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yesterday was also known as Blue Monday. It was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. In response to that, a positivity campaign was launched in the Netherlands to not.
Speaker 1: Complain for thirty days. I'm out, I'm already out.
Speaker 5: The person that came up with it says that it's a way to shift your perspective from all of the whining, moaning and negativity.
Speaker 6: They're calling it a campaign, but in reality it's more like a challenge.
Speaker 5: So when you start getting that urge to complain, you're supposed to stop and think why am I mad right now?
Speaker 1: And is this necessary? And then ask yourself if you really have a reason to wint. I know a few people that if they're not complaining, they would never talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like that's a lot of me.
Speaker 1: That's just some people. I'm not looking at anybody here.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that that's that's some people's main character trait that complain.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't. I don't think there's I know some people that couldn't make it five minutes. Oh yeah, you's just having like a complain jar. I don't.
Speaker 5: That'll really show you, all right. I challenge is self police. The idea is to see that if you see how often you complain, maybe it'll make you change your ways. And you guys like, oh man, I really do complain all day NonStop. Yeah, when you're like this is a hundredth times complaining, have you change your ways? Who is the most badass movie? President was inauguration day yesterday, so this kind of came up. Somebody put out a list, and topping that list was Harrison Ford as President John Marshall in Air Force One.
Speaker 6: I didn't even think of this when I saw the list came out.
Speaker 5: I was I initially went to President Camacho for Mediocracy because he's awesome.
Speaker 1: See, okay, I I know what what was it? His name Muntain Dew Mountain. Yeah, he had like five names. Yeah, Mountain Dew is in the name.
Speaker 3: I think I thought you were gonna say Bill Pullman from Independence Day.
Speaker 5: I would have gone Jack Bill Pullman's really going though, he's he was number two on the list. I would also say Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks that was fifth, and then President Jackson from Threat Level Midnight was not on the list time there.
Speaker 3: These are movie presidents, not television presidents. I think the Jackson was there was a television movie, so it was Midnight. They made it into it, not really but still sort of.
Speaker 5: So Bill Pullman for Independence Day, Jamie Fox for White House Down was third, Benjamin Walker uh played Abraham Lincoln in Vampire Hunter. And then yeah, Jack Nicholson and Mars Attacks fifth. Those are those were your Those were your top fives. But that was a pretty interesting little, uh thought, because you don't really remember the movie presidents very often.
Speaker 6: There's not really a ton that come to mind, at least for me.
Speaker 5: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Rrison Ford fitting.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, he's he's the he's the guy. We have a list up on the links and guests today. You can go check this list out. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: There's a new buck.
Speaker 5: Cherry album on the way from Josh Todd spoke about it and it's the band's eleventh album. Was recorded in November last year. They're working on finishing everything up.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 5: It's called Roarlike Thunder and it's quote rocking from beginning to end. He said the band spent a lot of time laboring over it and writing it. Roar Like Thunder is expected to be released in June. I did not know Buck Cherry had eleven albums.
Speaker 1: Well, this was eleven. I was just gonna say ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: People would have gotten it wrong if I asked how many albums do you think Buck Cherry has?
Speaker 1: I said five to six. Nobody would have said ten. Nobody, But good for them. Those are using headlines. Okay, national championship game, buck guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Ohio State Buck guys are your national champions. They beat Notre Dame thirty four to twenty three last night in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. It looks like it would be a blowout early on, but Notre Dame made a game out of it. Ohio States quarterback Will Howard was named the game's MVP through for two hundred and thirty one yards and two touchdowns. It's the buck guys first national tie since twenty fourteen. In basketball, the Rockets fell to the Pistons yesterday one oh seven to ninety six. They're now twenty eight and fourteen on the season. They're gonna have a day off before playing the Cavaliers tomorrow night.
Speaker 6: At the Toyota Center. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, what are we doing next hour? You know what I'd like to do?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Let's stick some phone calls. Okay, I just want to hear from you guys.
Speaker 3: I mean that's snow talk kind of while we're here, little snow talk. What's it looking like where you're at? You have a snow picture to share? You can do that on our Facebook page. But yeah, we can just take some calls this morning and uh and see where what's going on?
Speaker 1: Are you staying home? Are you braving the roads? Do you need to be at work?
Speaker 3: Are you an a central worker or can you just kind of get it done from home? Are you forced to stay at home because the kids don't have school today and tomorrow no kids school? Yeah, they're gonna love it getting out. They're playing in the snow today. Yeah, Chillie, let's take some calls. Man, what are you guys doing today? Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five. Sometimes it's good just to check in with you guys. The Rod Ryan Morning, The Bus Whipping out the Bush ninety four and five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, pol put it away.
Speaker 1: It's too cold. Well with that stuff out now, it's way too cold. We got a winter storm warning.
Speaker 3: Put the bush away, Rob Ryan Show, ninety four and five, The Buzz Happy Tattooesday. As we move into the seventh spot together. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, wrap your snaky thank you for adding all those pictures to our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Winter storm Warning. It's a big deal here. It's a big deal. I come from the land of Bison Snow, just like the Zeppelin song, and this is the big deal.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal being down here and seeing this kind of snow. It's been a number of years. Number One, we want everybody to be safe. Number Two, if you don't have to be out on the roads, don't be out on the roads. God bless you if you're dealing with all those kids. Okay, I'm gonna go to Heather in a second. Kids know school today or tomorrow. You're not flying anywhere today.
Speaker 1: I can tell you there's significant amount of snow on the roads.
Speaker 3: I took I ten on the way here. It's not it's not a far ride from the heights, but I was going slow.
Speaker 1: I put it.
Speaker 3: I put it in four wheels, first time I've ever owned a four wheel drive truck.
Speaker 1: I still was slipping a little bit. I said I would open up the phones and take some calls. Heather, Hey seven kids? Get seven kids over there?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I have one that's six. So in that video you only see around six of them.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, I saw your video. I didn't. I didn't get a chance to open it yet. So seven kids? Do you have to be at work?
Speaker 9: Uh no.
Speaker 11: They closed down the terminal today. I work in the refinery, so they closed it down.
Speaker 3: But there's is there a person on the planet that would say, hey, I'll watch all seven of those kids.
Speaker 1: I mean you could. You can't get a babysitter, No, for sure.
Speaker 9: Not.
Speaker 11: Usually they're in school I mean.
Speaker 1: It'd be like one hundred dollars an hour. Seven kids.
Speaker 11: Oh man, yeah, it's it's insane. Luckily I have teenagers and stuff, so you know, I only need a babysitter for the six year old and the two year old?
Speaker 3: Really, but do the kids want to go outside and play in the snow or are they just too cold? They're like, I don't want any part of that.
Speaker 11: They're they're going they go outside for a second and then they run inside. I finally had to tell them in or out, but that it worked too well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and then that little thing goes and then that little thing goes off in your head. Alex is going to get there too. Oh my god, I'm saying things that my parents said to me that I said I'd never say in.
Speaker 1: Rout and then exactly, maybe maybe you'll throw one of these out there? Hey what am I heating the outside?
Speaker 9: I know?
Speaker 11: I try to refrain from that, but I've said it a few times, but I try to refrain. But this is a most snaps no I've ever seen in Southeast pixes.
Speaker 1: It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean, again, I know that all of my tropical plants are dying thousands of dollars are being destroyed right now in my yard of plants I have. I live on the corner, so I got to like take care of like two sides of my house that everybody sees.
Speaker 1: So it's super expensive. And I know that I didn't wrap anything. I didn't cover anything.
Speaker 3: I wrapped my bikes and all of that, but I didn't cover I didn't cover plants. I just I've not had success with it in the past, so I just kind of skipped.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 3: The problem is you want to get back and like, Okay, once it gets nice, let's just put some new stuff in there.
Speaker 1: What new stuff? Everyone's trying to get new stuff at the same time. There are no plants. Just get fake you. Oh yeah, you can't do fake plants.
Speaker 11: My chickens are pissed right now. I keep on hearing my rooster cockadoodle in.
Speaker 12: What is this?
Speaker 1: Well, that's awesome. Send me a picture of your rooster. I didn't see that.
Speaker 11: Okay, yeah, I'll send you some picture. I got my pig in the garage. He's wrapped up in blankets and my my rooster is just absolutely mad.
Speaker 3: Right now, all right, send us a picture of everything old McDonald's thank you for calling in seven kids and every animal it's out a farm. I think I want to continue. I want to take some calls. As long as calls come in. I just want to share with you. You know, growing up in the Buffalo area, maybe that's where I kind of learned when I was first exposed to the radio being a magic box. And I still think the radio is magical why we're all here today. I remember being a kid and having the radio on. That's where we get our school closings and all of that stuff. We'd listen to the live radio and they'd go through the list of schools and then.
Speaker 1: I remember this.
Speaker 3: I remember the guy in the air taking calls, and I remember some guy being stuck in the snow. We're not like that here yet, and I don't think it's going to get to that point. But I remember guys calling in saying yeah, I'm over here on the corner of Hurtle Avenue and whatever, you know in Buffalo, and then a guy calling and saying, hey, I'm around the block, I gotta plow. I'm gonna come get you, and like putting them together on the radio. I thought that was magical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was magic, is that this was happening and a.
Speaker 3: Story line was unfolding on the radio, and it was just somebody getting dug out of the snow so that they could make it to work.
Speaker 1: And it's not that bad out there, but we can take the time to kind of like pump together.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna open up every phone line, Chillie, I'm gonna open up every phone line, and I want to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you're doing today, what it's like where you're at. Have you dropped a picture on our Facebook page yet? I'd love to see it. Seventy one, three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 3: I got phone lines open on this very snowy tattooesday here in Houston.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show us.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody. I got some phone lines ringing.
Speaker 3: IM want to go over to the phone and talk to you guys and see what you're up to this morning. We got that winter storm warning that's going on. That's everything that's trending.
Speaker 1: Listen. I knew we had snow.
Speaker 3: I dealt with it this morning on the drive, and I'm looking at all your pictures. Thank you for sharing them on our Facebook page. I didn't know Jim Canty was here. I saw yesterday the can Man is in Houston. Yeah, is indeed in the age like the weather god from the Weather Channel, Jim CANTOORI when he shows up, you know that that's where the other guy, that's where something's happening, Mike Sideln.
Speaker 1: The YouTube guy.
Speaker 6: So it's like it's very cold outside and we're doing this.
Speaker 1: I forgot his name thinking he's my favorite guy.
Speaker 6: But yes, Jim Cantory is probably the most professional.
Speaker 3: Cantory goes mobile though. Yes, so Jim Cantoory in town. Oh boy, all right, I see these phones are bringing. I'm gonna go over to stay on the line. I'm gonna come to you talk to you guys with what you're dealing with with the weather this morning. But that's the number one try to weather absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you don't have to get out on the roads today, don't uh mayor Whitmy wants to leave the roads open for first responders. Centerpoint Energy looks like they're ready to go if they're needed.
Speaker 6: It looks like Urkot's saying that our grid's gonna hold up.
Speaker 5: But you know your kids are gonna get to go out and make some snowmen, to throw some snowballs, to hang out in the snow today, the snow day. That's pretty much what I was talking about. So people talking about Melania that's also trending. She had a pretty awesome fit at the inauguration yesterday, and a lot of people are saying she kind of looked like the Hamburg or.
Speaker 6: I would say the Pizza Hut logo a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's taken away a little bit because then when they do the inside stuff and I don't know what if it's a ball where you know, they dance and stuff. Man, she looked awesome. Yeah, but all you can talk about is that crazy hat to have. Trump couldn't even get in there for a kiss. He tried to, well, you know what, I messed up that hair, dude, he got an air kiss. He went in there and he just couldn't even get to her lips because the hat.
Speaker 5: The brow she wanted to kiss me anyways, and then Carrie Underwood speaking of the inauguration, Carry Underwood is trending. People are going off talking about how great her rendition of America the beautiful was there was some technical difficulties with the backing track that were supposed to be back there, so she just was like, screw it, I'll just do it acapella.
Speaker 1: She did it and it was pretty awesome. But that's what's trending on night, even by the buzz.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, some of the some of the best videos and pictures that people are putting up on our website, the Facebook page are the animals.
Speaker 1: And I let Voo out.
Speaker 3: I thought Voo wanted to maybe. I thought she'd want to run around in the snow a little bit more. She went out there, she whizzed, ran around for a second and goes.
Speaker 1: That's enough. She's out. That's enough. Jeff, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 10: I let my dogs out, let him run around free, and they're cool, and they're all back home and they're using cold.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're happy.
Speaker 1: Was that the first time that they saw snow or have they seen it before? That's the first time they saw snow. Yeah, that's awesome to see a dog's reaction to that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But I had to pay one hundred and seventy six dollars ticket because the last time I let him out front and they got.
Speaker 1: The police called on them.
Speaker 7: But anyway, really I let them out and they were free and they're fun and.
Speaker 1: They're home safe and everybody's cool.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jeff, I appreciate it. If you have any pictures to share, I'm asking everyone to drop those on our Facebook page, the one they call Tim good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning brother Rod.
Speaker 15: Are you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in town, okay a family.
Speaker 4: That lives in northern Minnesota, and they're making fun of me because it's negative twenty seven and they're two hours late for school.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the schools are open and it's zero, you know, back in north Tonawanda.
Speaker 1: So I get it.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't understand. We just don't have the equipment for the snow removal, and they don't. I cannot explain to people up north why are pipes break.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they just do. I don't know. They're not deep enough. There's a lot of the pipes are on the outside of the homes. Yeah, I get it, they ask me.
Speaker 4: I deal with people like as if I wrap my pipes that with the heating tape and I'm like, it's Texas, we don't have them after Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm dealing with a little bit of that too, is he? Is he good morning? Are you out there salting roads? I am you work for tech dot? Are you some kind of a hired.
Speaker 12: Gun, Yes, sir, we're uh contract work.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we are actually using salt on the roads. Where's the salt coming from? Because I don't think we have reserves here right?
Speaker 2: No, they bring it in. I don't know exactly where.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're off salt roads. What's side of town are you working.
Speaker 12: We're working over here off of West Park and A Lea's.
Speaker 3: And what's the most important is the main roads. I mean, now you getting into after interstates. Are you working on side roads?
Speaker 12: No, sir, we're working on the main main West Park Toolway, although ramps and bridges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why yesterday, that's why all the cars, that's why all the cars up north they rust sat on the roads.
Speaker 1: It just ravages your vehicles. Go ahead, Isy, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, I would advise if you don't need to be out, don't be out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. Those are those are wise words, is he? I mean, you have to be you're essential guy.
Speaker 1: You're trying to clear the roads.
Speaker 3: He getting ready for the next couple of days, but anyone else does need to be out there, don't.
Speaker 10: Do it, Yes, sir, yesterday we spent all day putting a magnesium down trying to keep it from freezing over.
Speaker 2: But with the rain that came in, it kind of washed out.
Speaker 3: Well is he thank you for doing the job that you're doing, man, Kenny Davis, Good morning.
Speaker 1: How's it going good? Are you working today?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I operate water plant suar plants, going to make sure everybody still has water and no suitors going inside nobody's house.
Speaker 1: What was your ride? Where did you drive in? From where to where?
Speaker 12: I was thirty miles away from my jobs, so I drove all the way from Magnolia to Montgomery. Roads were pretty tactic, a lot.
Speaker 1: Of them not touched.
Speaker 12: I would recommend if you guys are out and about, be cautious. If you start slipping or sliding, do not accelerate, do not hit your brakes, aim your wheel where you want your vehicle to go, and allow it to do it for you.
Speaker 3: Kenny Davis giving you some mad ad because people ask me, well, you're from up north, how do you drive on ice? Nobody knows how to drive on ice, guys, Okay, you don't you don't you You hope for the best. Now, what I was driving in this morning was not ice, but it's got potential to get to that point. I can tell you just the snow. I've never had a four wheel drive, for as many Tundras of I've owned over the years, this is the first four wheel drive. So it felt like a man coming in with four wheel drive, I say, but I could tell it was just I could tell it was a little slippery, slippery out there on the roads.
Speaker 1: And there wasn't anybody on the roads when I was driving.
Speaker 3: So best thing is just to stay at home, right, Kenny, all right, all right, brother, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you, Kenny. I appreciate you chiming in.
Speaker 3: Get those pictures up on our Facebook page. I want to see what's happening with the HAPs is at your place.
Speaker 1: I'll come back and we'll give away some of those tickets.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I promise you some tickets this hour, But I think it's kind of cool to open up the lines to see what you guys are dealing with out there.
Speaker 1: You got Rodeo tickets After Semi Sonic ninety.
Speaker 3: Four to five, the Buzz ninety four and five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's show. Jilly must have had a post up on our Facebook page and says, give me one of your favorite lines from any song, and every new beginning comes from I don't, I can't even do.
Speaker 1: You know the Do you know the line? He just did, Every beginning comes from some other beginnings in.
Speaker 3: Yes, somebody had started with that, and I said, wow, that's a great line. I never really it wasn't hitting me what song I'm like, of course I know that line. I didn't know what song it was. Boom, last line of Semi Sonics closing time. That is a wonderful line. Good morning everybody. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. And if that involves just you sitting around in the house fireplace with the radio on, kicking it.
Speaker 1: Old school, that makes me happy.
Speaker 3: If you don't need to be out on the roads, don't be out on the roads, for God's sakes.
Speaker 1: Jim Cantry is here. I didn't see stay calm. I didn't see that yesterday. Jim Cantry is here. Yeah, I saw it a lot.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite Weather Channel promos ever is the Canned Man who's been on this show a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: He's awesome. Jim Cantoory is just in vacation gear.
Speaker 3: He's got his nose, he's got the zinc on his nose, he's got the sunglasses on. And he shows up and he puts his stuff down at the beach and everybody sees Jim cantorre and they start running in fear because wherever Jim goes, that's usually the eye of the storm or like, and I talked about it with Cantory before and he's like, I want to be there.
Speaker 1: I want to be like where the worst spot is. He's still like that.
Speaker 3: So again, this isn't apocalyptic or anything, but it's just funny when you see Jim Cantory when he's in your hometown, like, oh boy, it can't be good, can man?
Speaker 1: If you're listening, call in. I would love to check that out. I have you talked to him in years?
Speaker 3: Really good guy, like really really good guy and super serious about the weather. I mean, he's funny. He's funny, but he's a joking he's into it, like he's into.
Speaker 1: He is somewhat obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: I appreciate all the pictures appreciate all the calls and everything that you guys are interacting with us on this snowy, snowy tattooesday.
Speaker 1: We've got a winter storm warning that's going on right now.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna see anything much over thirty eight degrees today. I had to put my glasses on twenty seven, twenty seven winter storm warning and effect until six pm. So you got that mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rain that's coming down. I'll say this just because that's the kid in me. In some areas, we'd call that that's good packing. Good packing, that's good. That was what you would say. Oh, it's good packing. That means it was optimal snowball snow all right, Yeah, so you could make awesome because if it's that light fluffy stuff, you couldn't make a snowball.
Speaker 1: But if it had dick. But if it just had just the right ratio.
Speaker 3: Of dampness to it and maybe a little bit of freezing rain mixed into it, that's where you get some awesome snowball.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, big.
Speaker 1: Tiki, all right, Well that's the kid in me. Now it's the adults. I want this to be over.
Speaker 3: Kids know, school today or tomorrow. The airport's closed today. You guys know all that stuff, right. I don't know if you know of everything that Chili's got for you on Links and Guests today.
Speaker 1: Tell me so.
Speaker 3: One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Our first beautiful faces with their selfies and their Love Street Blondes will go up on Friday morning. We'll have our first six facesthod There's a method and a reason that we do everything that we do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put six up on Friday. Get us your pictures.
Speaker 3: If you're twenty one years of age or older, and if you'd like to win five hundred dollars per quarter, then you need to do something about it. On Links and Guests if you are a single gentleman. Right now, mile of meat applications are being accepted online for our big deal that we do on Valentine's Day. We got a lot of time before that, but still we're taking mile of meat applications right now.
Speaker 1: I've only got one person that's in. I had it here. This son of a bitch sent me an email here.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: Kevin Raber sent me an email at eight thirty eight in the morning on Wednesday one one twenty five said I want to be in the Mile of Meat. It's he knows the tradition. First guy that asks about it gets in. I got one guy in nineteen more to go for the mile of Meat and then Chile has a link up.
Speaker 1: Read my Lips.
Speaker 3: Two weeks ago we had Lindsay down, did a fantastic job, did not beat Alex. Last week everybody heard Craig shock the world. Craig came into the studio. Listener Craig and beat Chile. We're looking for another one of you to come down to the station and play Read my Lips on Thursday morning. Can you be awesome like Lindsay and Craig have been, Well, you sign up?
Speaker 1: You better me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta be awesome. I mean, because we're still waiting for that one person to come in.
Speaker 2: And ruin it.
Speaker 1: Oh worry if you are. If you ruin it, in it, then then we have to shut it down.
Speaker 3: If you're awesome, and you can get to the station on Thursday, and I know we we don't know what Thursday is going to look like. I know what today looks like, I know what tomorrow looks like. Thursday, hopefully it'll be a.
Speaker 1: Nice smooth ride in.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we are looking for we're taking applications right now to play Read my Lips in studio.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So my goodness, already huge web day because this morning we had the Monster GM deep discount ticket sale. Those fifteen hundred tickets sold out in about forty five minutes this morning.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. There'll be two more discounted.
Speaker 3: Ticket days for the February second show and then the following Saturday. Over the next couple of weeks we will do deep discounted ticket sales working with our friends over at Monster Jam.
Speaker 1: So congrats to everybody that got in on that. So listen, you got that.
Speaker 3: You're adding pictures to our Facebook page. We're keeping you busy this morning, okay, on this very snowy day. And now I got those tickets for you. AJR Rodeo, Houston, March sixth I'll take caller number ten seven one three two one two, five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 9: Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or.
Speaker 3: Five ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta get over to the phones here. Good morning, who we got?
Speaker 8: Ray?
Speaker 1: Hi, Ray, good morning, how are you? I'm good?
Speaker 3: How about you?
Speaker 1: So great? Your color number ten? Would you like some Rodeo Houston tickets?
Speaker 12: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: Yes, I would love those.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I pushed them back just a little bit.
Speaker 3: But AJR is gonna play on March sixth Rodeo Houston, and uh I offen up a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Ray, you got them? So congratulations. What part of town are you? Are you from?
Speaker 9: When I'm with my parents, I'm like Tom all Area.
Speaker 11: I'm currently a senior at saving you from state.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, chats. So we're here for a shout last nightster.
Speaker 1: No school today, No school today? Nope, no school today? All right, well right, have a great time at the Houston Rodeo. Okay, thank you so much. You guys have a great brains sues say thank you Ray.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Houston's Headlines next ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, and a snowy snowy tat Tuesday. That is our Instagram feature today. But many of you are hitting us up on socials, which is great. I appreciate that kind of look. I just I like looking at pictures, you know. I can't wait to bring back I think we are in talks to bring back the hashtag Monday selfie.
Speaker 1: Shall Federal Credit.
Speaker 3: Union, I believe, has given me the thumbs up to continue that program. It's just when you guys put pictures on our Facebook page.
Speaker 1: You know we're sitting here. I gotta look at Alex's face all day. I'm sick of it. Whoa sick of it? Hey?
Speaker 3: I want to see what you guys are doing within Heather was on with the seven kids and the chickens and the pig.
Speaker 1: Chris P. Bacon is the name of the pig.
Speaker 3: I got chicken pictures and everything else, and they got a snowy trampoline, and my gosh, it's got a lot of activity going on over there with seven kids. She chimed in with us last hour or this hour. So a lot of you are dropping pictures on our Facebook page. I appreciate that, Alex. I never get tired of looking at your face.
Speaker 1: Ten years.
Speaker 3: I've been looking at that face nine nine. Yeah, starting this is your tenth years. Yes, I follow you on Instagram. I saw the post winter storm warning. You want to talk about that in Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A winter storm morning is now in effect through six pm today. You're in a light PC snow, sleet, or a mix of both throughout the morning, depending on your location. Mayor John Whitmers erg Ustonians to stay at home and leave our roads for the first responders. He also said to be prepared to stay at home for the next forty eight hours. Centerpoint Energy says that they are prepared and have crews waiting to respond should they need to, and Aircot says the grid looks like it's going to be able to hold up this winter storm.
Speaker 3: The Metro rail, the buses are closed, the schools are closed, don't go anywhere. The airport is closed. Jim Cantre's here from the weather shamp.
Speaker 5: Well, the camman's here. Just hunker down, Okay, it'll be fine. Play out in the noun of a day. You gonna have a great day.
Speaker 3: But they're doing like this overhead shot right now of all of these trucks that are ready to go. Has anybody experienced any kind of power outages yet?
Speaker 1: I listen, it's not one of those things I don't want to say it.
Speaker 5: It's I almost almost don't want to say loud speaking into existence.
Speaker 1: But they are saying that they are ready to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, the trucks are staged and ready. So so far no one has uh indicated to me that they're without power right now.
Speaker 1: So that's good news. So they game changer.
Speaker 6: If we just can keep the power through all of this sit at home and make it so much easier.
Speaker 3: Craig A Love Street Blonde, turn on your radio and just chill, baby, you gotta do.
Speaker 1: Chill, baby, Chill.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump officially became the forty seventh president of the United States yesterday at his inauguration. The ceremony was held inside the Capitol Rotunda and was well attended by some notable guests like Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Dana White, Joe Rogan, Caitlyn Jenner was there, Wayne Gretzky, Theovaugh, and many many more. In his second inaugural address, he said that quote the Golden Age of America begins now. He also pledged to expand US territory and in foreign wars. He then turned his rally in downtown DC into a signing ceremony for some executive actions, and he signed forty two of those executive actions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't waste any time. I watched a lot of it. I had it on in the background, and I was listening to it on the radio when I was driving around yesterday, and yeah, he was all he doubled down on that Golf of America thing. Yeah, it's the Gulf of America starting right now, I'm the president. It's not the Golf of America.
Speaker 1: It's kind of bold move, kind of like that. You can call it whatever you want. There's no laws about that, all right. What else?
Speaker 5: Scientists have found a trick to make kids eat more vegetables, According to a new study, all you gotta do is convinced them that eating vegetables is going to give them superpowers.
Speaker 6: You had said, kind of like Popeye. That's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: I had read a long time ago that the spike in sales of spinach when Popeye was around, you know, when it was new. I mean, you know that's going back sixty seven sixty years probably. Yeah, Yeah, kids were eating spinach because of Popeye.
Speaker 1: So makes sense.
Speaker 3: If I could every single like, if I could get maybe the little dogs on Bluey to eat some veggies.
Speaker 1: That would be great. That would be good.
Speaker 3: That's probably the most influential thing with kids right now. If Bluey were just if blue and Bingo were just losing their mind over cabbage or something, that would be great for me.
Speaker 1: You've worked that into an episode. Yeah, Carrots, celery peas. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Researchers had read fairy tales to the little kids where the hero is eating magical fruits and vegetables and learned that it made those kids that they read to they wanted fresh produce as a snack.
Speaker 6: Eighty percent of those kids in that city.
Speaker 5: We're still eating more fruits and vegetables weeks after the study was over. So get a couple of books with superheroes that eat vegetables and then that's it, or just lie about it if the kid can't read it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know about giving them superpowers because then they're going to eat it one time and like, hey, I can't fly.
Speaker 1: You got to keep eating.
Speaker 3: Who's going on with these carrity for at least three years. I just happened five carrots. I cannot fly yet not yet.
Speaker 6: Now with that ads, dude, you get to believe that you can fly.
Speaker 5: Carrie Underwood was scheduled to sing America the Beautiful yesterday's presidential inaugration, but ended up having to do it a cappella because of a technical glitch.
Speaker 1: Here's a clip for a solid two minutes. She was standing there wondering what do I do?
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 3: And this wasn't you know, she clearly wasn't lip sinking. She clearly was singing live, didn't. They talked about maybe she was upset afterwards, and yeah, I can't understand that. She's a professional. She wants everything to go perfect. This is a big moment of all the things that she's done in her career. There's only a handful of people that have sang at inauguration, right, But if you go back and you look at what Lady Gaga did and how much room Beyonce had, and you know they did it outside, it was just a different feel. Then you had a glitch in the background music. So of course she was kind of pissed off. I don't blame her at all, but she killed it. She asked it out of the park, and I thought that she handled the adversity very very well.
Speaker 5: She told the lawmakers around her, Hey, if you guys want to sing along, if you know the words helped me out here and then just went right into it and we just heard it there, And good on her for making it work even.
Speaker 1: Under those circumstances.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember when Weezer covered Toto's Africa back in twenty eighteen. Well to Toto's guitar player, Steve luke at There thinks that we Here's rivers Cuomo doesn't even like the song. Luke at There says he thinks Cuomo did it ironically or to make fun of the song, but then it ended up.
Speaker 1: Blowing up in his face. Now he has to play it every night. Remember it came from a tweet that it was a fan.
Speaker 3: The whole thing started out as an online campaign to get them to do the song. So I don't remember the complete ins and outs of it, but I can tell you right now Weezer was not at the peak of their game before this. This cover came out right, and this launched them back into the spotlight.
Speaker 1: I'm not joking. You can say, oh no, I love.
Speaker 3: Weezer, right yeah, but they just weren't. They weren't selling tickets, they weren't selling albums. And this album, this song, this cover as silly as it is, put them back on the map, and then Hella megatur and all those things happened afterwards. It got him back onto the late.
Speaker 1: Night talk shows Toto's It got him invited to our shows.
Speaker 3: It got him invited to the iheartri Alter Ego show because of the cover.
Speaker 5: It was kind of a joke song to a lot of people though, anyways, wasn't it. Well, it's like it's like final countdown, Like, yeah, it's a cool song, but like that's not like no one's like serious about it, are they.
Speaker 1: It's a yacht rocky song. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And Toto even thinks it's funny that that's what they're known for. Toto has a huge catalog of music. This is the one song that everybody knows about them.
Speaker 5: Well, Luca there claims that he tried to reach out to Couoma to be friendly, but that it got weird and said that he didn't want to get into it any further. It was good for them and it was good for Toto, So it seems like he did want to get into it because he's bringing this up.
Speaker 1: But I would have imagined they were pals.
Speaker 3: It was a goof that they did the song, and it wasn't expected to be as successful and wildly popular as it is.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I can't stress how this put Weezer back on it.
Speaker 5: It definitely did, It definitely did. But like this isn't like the greatest, like most perfect song of all time. I mean, it's a it's a cool song. I can kind of see both sides on this. It's a great it's a great cover song.
Speaker 6: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right, what you got in sports? You high day?
Speaker 6: Buck guys are your national champions.
Speaker 5: They beat Notre Dame thirty four to twenty three last night in the college football Playoff National championship game. It looked like it's gonna be a blowout, but Notre Dame made a game out of it. Ohio State's quarterback Will Howard was named the game's MVP. He threw for two hundred thirty one yards and two touchdowns. It's the Buck guys first national title since twenty fourteen. And basketball, the Rockets fell to the Pistons yesterday afternoon, one o seven to ninety six.
Speaker 6: They're not twenty eight and fourteen on the season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Cavaliers tomorrow night at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in boys Houston.
Speaker 17: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Highly Suspect halfway.
Speaker 1: Part of the show, Peo Pop.
Speaker 3: Halfway, Alex, you just looked outside here we're in the beautifully beautiful crime free Galleria area in Houston.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yes, how's it looking outside? Looks really more snow.
Speaker 6: Coming is coming down?
Speaker 1: Still more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is where the inside cabin blows. Ye like to be looking outside. I'm living through all your pictures though. I'm living through each and every one of you sending us pictures and I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 1: So thank you. Keep loading us up with pictures on our Facebook page.
Speaker 3: Winter storm warning is what is happening right now Tuesday. Ninety percent chance we got the weather alert going on. So what they're calling heavy snow today, hard freeze tomorrow, which tomorrow's gonna stink. That's why they said, no, you know, the kids aren't going to school. I don't know when they're going to make.
Speaker 1: A decision on the airport, but the airport's closed all day today. They can't keep it closed two days. They got to work it out. Yeah, you crazy if they did. What did we say?
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand people go through the airports, those two airports. It's over one hundred thousand people. And the hard freeze is expected to be tomorrow. Now it's just like the snow and it's like a nice part. I think all hell's going to break loose tomorrow with the freeze.
Speaker 1: All right, hery baby slushy tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Ye.
Speaker 3: Major roadways now closed across Houston. Every official saying just stay home, avoid driving. Please, if you don't need to be out on the roads, don't be out on the roads.
Speaker 1: Stay at home.
Speaker 3: Just kind of chill out, all right. We got Monster Jam tickets coming up for you. We had a Monster Jam cheap ticket sale this morning. I know that sucks if you're just waking up and joining the show.
Speaker 1: Yes this morn. Yeah, I told you about it yesterday all day yesterday.
Speaker 2: I know it was.
Speaker 1: It's been a busy couple of days.
Speaker 3: But we sold out of fifteen hundred tickets in about forty five minutes for the January first show we will be doing next week. We will do a deep discounted ticket sale. I'm shooting for Tuesday of next week, for Sunday, February second.
Speaker 1: Monster Jam. Folks have agreed to fifteen hundred tickets.
Speaker 3: For each of the three Monster Jams that we can put on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents, So pretty nice of them. Those are thirty five dollars tickets, so you got more opportunities to get in on the cheap.
Speaker 1: One hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 3: We're taking your selfies with your can or bottle of Love Street Blonde, your chance to win five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: And Radio Wizard got on this.
Speaker 3: This year because I want to make sure that it's very specific and these are the things that I call idiot proof.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chili, did you have you talked to the web? Do you ever talk to dark web over.
Speaker 7: There when it's like an emergency?
Speaker 3: It's not an emergency, but did you You were on the chain of emails where we were talking about how we're gonna word the.
Speaker 1: With the big game and the scores.
Speaker 3: Yeah, winner gets cash at the end of the first, second, and third quarter and end of the game. We're being specific on that because if there's an overtime, that's technically an extra quarter, you know what I mean, So it wouldn't be nobody calls it the fifth quarter.
Speaker 1: They just call it overtime. But if we word it that, if you have the numbers.
Speaker 3: At the end of the first, second, and third quarter and at the end of the game, if it's specific, then.
Speaker 1: There's no wiggle rooms. Has that been changed, I'll do it today. Oh you can do that.
Speaker 7: Okay, I can do that. I just wanted to make sure it was final and that's what it needed to be, because.
Speaker 3: Wizard and I both agree that's the way to word it. Yeah, all right, check that email. We'll get that on there. But so we're not we haven't even put up any faces yet. We want to get your faces up there. We're gonna put the first six up on Friday, and then we're going to be uploading ten of your beautiful faces up onto that grid every day leading up to the big game.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I don't have a request. I've been seeing some pictures. Anything I can do for you, all right, Look, people, no blurry pictures, okay, because if you want to enter it. You know, if I see a picture that's blurry. I'm not going to put it up yep, okay, because it doesn't look.
Speaker 7: It on the website.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, And then no pictures on vehicles.
Speaker 7: I don't know why we have to keep saying this, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of a bad look. I get it some people. It's not that I think you're drinking and driving.
Speaker 3: I think what's happening is people will go, they'll go to the store, they'll buy the beers, they'll get in the parking lot each of your Kroger and they'll like, they'll grab the beer and they'll take that picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the optics are not great.
Speaker 3: If you're taking a picture of you and a can of beer and we can tell that you're in your car, it's the optics are not great.
Speaker 1: So let's yeah, let's not do car pictures.
Speaker 8: I know it's joking sometimes, but no, no giving beer to the pets. I mean, I've seen a couple of pictures.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 5: If you see these pictures, if people are plane, you can tell they're plane.
Speaker 8: But it's like, we can't put that on the website, so you automatically took yourself out of any chance of winning.
Speaker 1: Okay, pro tips from chilling, Yeah, so I'm just kind to get.
Speaker 9: On the book.
Speaker 8: Yeah, those are your best chances to get on the board. Just followed the directions. A selfie of you, all right, Eda, and it can be a bottle or a can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it has to be specifically love Street blonde and no photoshops Josh Tree.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, there you go, a lot of rules. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: So that's on links and guests. We are also allowing you to sign up for Read my Lips. We're gonna have another one of you come down and play Reading my Lips. As a matter of fact, you'll be taking on Alex this Thursday at eight twenty if you can get down to the station.
Speaker 1: Chili's got a link.
Speaker 2: Up for that.
Speaker 3: So boy, lots of stuff to do, including mile of meat applications.
Speaker 1: My goodness. All right, quick break, let me come back.
Speaker 3: Let's find out what's trending out there, and then we'll give you some Monster Jam tickets.
Speaker 1: Rock and Alternative Fair.
Speaker 9: Use to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: We are live, we are here.
Speaker 3: Let me give you a chance to win some Monster Jam tickets coming up I hope you're all being safe. We got that winter storm warning and Alex, You're right it is. I mean, it is coming down here in the gallery, you guys. I mean famously, we have an inside cabin here on this ship, but I went to the outside. You know, where the rich people live, I mean where the salespeople live. And yeah, they got they got the windows and boy, it's coming down. Yeah, we are getting some want to.
Speaker 5: Go outside and playing a snow rods side.
Speaker 3: I saw some of the neighbor's kids on the neighbor group thread. They're out there plane in the snow. So that's awesome. I hope London's out there plane and it it's so cool. It's so cool to have a snow day and there's snow and get out there. Just be safe, Stay off the roads, stay off the roads. Airports closed, schools are closed.
Speaker 1: It's coming down pretty good. Yeah, and everything like that. Everything snow in Houston is trending. What else elon musk is trending.
Speaker 6: I learned what a Roman salute.
Speaker 1: Was today during the inauguration.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are saying it looks like a Nazi salute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I can see both both sides. I've never seen a Roman salute, so I don't know what that was. But yeah, Eli Musk's getting talked about from what he was doing at the inauguration yesterday, and.
Speaker 6: So is Tattooesday. Tattooesday.
Speaker 1: Oh is being talked a right. Yes, there's weather, Yes, there's.
Speaker 6: Lots of things.
Speaker 5: You can sign up for the world famous Rod Ryan Show page to the buzz that come. But my good buddy Josh Tree submitted oxy Conovolova today as our Tattooesday feature, and people looks like are checking her out this morning, So go on over there if you haven't yet.
Speaker 1: Give her a look. It's cold. Oh, it looks like she could warm you up. Oh it's really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, warm your heart, warm your heart.
Speaker 1: But a look at her.
Speaker 6: But that's just training and night ever by the buzz.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Josh Free Monster Jam the first of three Monster Jams in town Saturday, February first. I got a four pack passes with the pit tickets. Took them down and see us and see all the drivers and all of that stuff. If you would like the Monster Jam four pack seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Looking for caller number ten right now to get to there. It's Green Day, Welcome to Paradise, ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: To buzz, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz, that's Green Day. They're going to be involved in that fire Aid? Are they calling it that? I don't want to be disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Next Thursday, Yeah, fire Aid, Next Thursday, Green Day is going to be involved in that. I guess yesterday the additions were no doubt getting back together. They've only done that one Coachella showing re reuniting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: And then uh, Stevie Wonder and I think Olivia Rodrigo was added, and I expect some more names to be added in the coming days. And then I imagine there'll be some sort of a surprise guest top of this show, because that was I didn't see. I know he's an East Coast guy, But Bruce Fringsteen. Was he mentioned in that lineup? I don't think, man, I just always I always think of Bruce showing up to those things as like he's the biggest guy.
Speaker 9: In the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bruce, or Bob Dylan, Maybe Bob Dylan with a movie, Maybe Dylan does something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe maybe just get tennythe shall may at there.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I don't know, winter storm warning in effect. You guys seem to be doing a great job staying off the roads.
Speaker 1: That is smart. What about you, Anthony? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's up?
Speaker 5: Ron?
Speaker 1: Hey dude? Are you staying at home today? Did you have to be out on the roads to get to work?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Man, got the day off?
Speaker 1: Good for you, Good for you. So you're just hunkering down? What part of town? Where do you live? Rosenberg?
Speaker 3: Man, it's really coming down here in the galleria. What's it looking like outside where you're at? Well, it's cold?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, it's the snow's coming down.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, okay, uh, hey, you want to join us at Monster Jam. I got a four pack with pit passes if you want, Anthony, they give you yours.
Speaker 2: Hey, why wouldn't I?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, February first, it's a Saturday, so you've got the pit passes, right, and then well you can stick around for the show.
Speaker 1: All right, sweet, just sweet?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: You're a smart man for stay at home, Anthony, stay warm?
Speaker 2: Hey, oh you know it?
Speaker 1: Thank you you guys.
Speaker 2: You guys are often for making it all the way here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, man, I appreciate you. All right, hang on the phone for me. That's Anthony. It's going to Monster Jam. So their job leads.
Speaker 3: It's an online job search platform, and they were talking to you know, doing the surveys that people do, and they got into how often you dream or have nightmares about work. Sixty four percent of Americans admit that they have work related nightmares.
Speaker 1: I don't have it all the time.
Speaker 3: But we've all shared this before on the air, where you have the dream about work, I never have a dream.
Speaker 1: The most common dream about work is being late. Yeah, I don't have that. I don't have that mine.
Speaker 3: The dream that I always have is I'm already here, but the song's running out and I can't find the next CD. And it doesn't My dream is not updated at all to the hard drive or to the computer.
Speaker 1: Or how we do it now.
Speaker 3: It's still CD, a CDB, CDC CD player. They're labeled A, B and C, and the CD is running out, the song's running out, and I cannot find the next damn song and there's gonna be dead air. I don't know that I've ever had a dream where I was late, running late for work.
Speaker 5: That's like my most common dream of all of my dreams. I don't really dream. I don't remember my dreams at least mostly because I.
Speaker 1: Run the board, so it's more relatable to what I do.
Speaker 5: Mind, I'll be that there's a tree blocking all of the routes to work somehow I can't, Like, something happened to my car, somebody runs into me, a bear attacks, just like little weird things like that.
Speaker 6: Why am I stressing out over this so much? I wake up sweating.
Speaker 1: Once a year.
Speaker 3: I'll go back to my waiting on tables days and I'm in the weeds as we call it back then. I don't know if you guys still call it being in the weeds when you're super busy and you're just flying and there's somebody's been seated in your area.
Speaker 1: It's your table.
Speaker 3: And just like I can't find the CD because the song's running out, and it just keeps, it keeps running out, like it never goes blank. It's like the falling dream, they say, like if you're falling, falling, falling, but you never hit the ground. The song never ends, but it's constantly got thirty seconds left. Yeah, And I'm running around and I'm fumbling around and I cannot get the damn thing the next song on the restaurant dream once a year. Maybe it's been thirty years, thirty some years since I waited tables. Somebody's seated in your section, and these other tables keep asking you, and they're running your ass.
Speaker 1: I need a spoon, I.
Speaker 3: Need more coffee, I need more water, I need this where's my apple sauce? And you're taking care of all these tables. You cannot get to that table in your section, and you keep apologizing. I promise you, I'm coming to you next. I'm coming to you next. It's the exact same thing. I'm not being able to find that damn song the next song. It's that sake, and it's the worst.
Speaker 1: I get so anxious. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Number One career related things that are haunting our dreams the most being late for work. Experts say it's the classic stress dream that reflects feelings of pressure and being overwhelmed by your work demands because they all mean more. They all mean more than the face value of what you're dreaming of. They all it translates to, and I do kind of believe in some of that stuff.
Speaker 5: I all have dreams that like, my alarm clock's going off, and my alarm clock is the buzz and it's the intro music playing too.
Speaker 3: Like wait a minute, oh no, no, no, no, no, no, ing in bed, I'm supposed to be standing right there while that intro music is playing. Late for work is number one. Getting fired or losing your job is number two.
Speaker 1: I hate saying it out loud. I've never been fired before. Don't talk about it like that. I've never been fired.
Speaker 3: Nobody does radio for as long as I've done it and has not been fired at least once.
Speaker 1: Somewhere somehow it just never happened to me. Yet you dream about it.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I have dreams that like, I'll have a friend that like, for some reason, my friend from college that I don't ever talk to really comes to the studio and he's lighting stuff on fire, and that's how I lose my job.
Speaker 1: And why did you try? And like track on fire? Why were you here?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: Getting fired or losing your job is to landing a new job is three.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Having a romantic dream about a co worker is four. And then seeing an old boss m Maybe the romantic dream about a coworker.
Speaker 1: Maybe I've had that before. I don't think I have no. No, you ever knock in the bottom out of somebody you work with? No, those are the people that work with their dudes. Oh yeah, sorry it's chilly. Sorry No, oh, that seems amazing.
Speaker 3: Getting a promotion shows up on this. I don't Again, I know all these things something, believe it or not. A top ten dream about work, showing up to work naked. I don't know what you got going on in your life, but there's a naked thing that translates to something being in a room full of people and you're naked.
Speaker 6: Is it that you're not prepared? I feel like, is what I've seen.
Speaker 1: That might be it? Like oh I didn't bring my clothes.
Speaker 3: Or again just showing up winning the Pooh style and not wearing any pants. Just there you are, and it's like, damn, Donald duck, I got no pants.
Speaker 6: I forgot the bottoms just as funny looking as don't Now, all right.
Speaker 1: Those are the most So you're normal. If you're having these, you're normal.
Speaker 3: I'm not calling you out because two thirds of Americans admit to having these work related nightmares. Literally just one for me, it's just that one. It's not being late for work. It's just it's just not being able to get my job done. And I think all of my dreams are all tied into whatever. Is why I'm a psycho. Because I'll have that, I'll go back to school. I can't find my locker. I got a t I'm like, I'm rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: I'm on the buzz. I shouldn't be. I was not prepared for this.
Speaker 3: I'm not in this school anymore. I've already got my degrees. I had to hang my degrees. I don't really care about that stuff I had. I was told because I remember having that dream expert on the air. She said, why don't you take your degrees, put them on the wall so you see them somewhere, so that you know that you've completed it. Because there's some incompletion thing that I have. And I'm running around school. But the problem is I'm not running around college. I'm running around high school. I forgot where my locker is. I forgot the combination. When I find it, then there's class. I'm like, I'm rod Ryan, I'm on the buzz. What do you mean I don't need to take.
Speaker 1: This tenth grade test.
Speaker 3: I've already surpassed this, and I don't know any of the material, right, Why would you have me in high school for years?
Speaker 1: They're all tied in, do you.
Speaker 6: I don't ever have like I don't ever have a dream.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that was a cool dream. All of mine are just nightmaresh. No, I've got like a pleasant dream that I have.
Speaker 3: I've gotten to the point where I'm like making out with Pam Anderson and then that's.
Speaker 1: It, it stops, that's it. Anytime it's good.
Speaker 3: I have never completed like an I've never had like a full on dream where I'm just going at it.
Speaker 1: Never It's like I can't.
Speaker 3: I had that dream where I'm at a Kiss concert and the drummer or Dave Grohl goes down.
Speaker 1: I can't get to the stage. I can't get there. I'm like, I know, only get but just in front of the stage. It's a get out of my way. They need need a drum for them.
Speaker 3: I can never I never get to the part that's awesome in the dream ever, no matter what it is, the cool part never happened, never happens never once.
Speaker 1: This is the misery that I live in every day. The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz ninety.
Speaker 3: Four or five The Buzz, Shine down and Dead Don't Die. Good morning rod Ryan's Show on this tattooesday. So much to do on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. And make sure you're hitting up all those links. Man application for mile of meat, application to come down and play read my lips on Thursday, send in your selfie one hundred bottles of Love Street.
Speaker 1: Blonde on the wall.
Speaker 3: The only variants there is it can be a bottle or a can, but it must be Love Street Blonde specifically.
Speaker 1: Just talk to Chad MC about them.
Speaker 3: And then I'm we're coming up on three hundred pictures that you guys have have put up.
Speaker 1: On our Facebook page.
Speaker 3: Pretty good for a page that's being punished by Mark Zuckerberg right now.
Speaker 1: Sound pretty damn good for a page that does not get pushed out. They flat out told me we are not putting this out there.
Speaker 3: You're you know, kicking us in the wiener for a post edge we put up in October, which wasn't even bad, wasn't even.
Speaker 1: Salacious or anything like that at all.
Speaker 3: We just got dingy for putting up a news story about P Diddy's party and it mentioned a miner there, and they thought we were kind of promoting that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we don't like that. We were just talking about the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm seeing about three hund almost three hundred pictures now dogs in the snow. When a dog's got the zoomies in the snow and there's seeing snow for the first time, that's awesome. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: I saw some babies and some really really little little kids. If they're old enough to kind of remember it. Great.
Speaker 3: If they're like a little tiny kid and they're seeing snow, Yeah, that's fun. But nothing beats that dog right now.
Speaker 1: Was having fun this month. Yeah, I was gonna ask, is this the first time Weezy seen snow? Yeah? Yea. And I don't know what. Voo won't tell me what she remembers. She just won't tell me. She doesn't speak to me. I don't know how much she remembers snow.
Speaker 3: But she was in it today and I thought she would like enjoy it a little more and did her business and came right in.
Speaker 1: Like it's too cool. She's a senior. Now, that makes sense. I get it. It was a bit of a senior, all right. So keep dropping those pictures. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: If you're not hitting us up on Facebook, believe me, we need to help. And Instagram too. There's some new Instagram's up, some stories, all of that stuff. Make sure you hit us up at rod Ryan Show. I need you to go to it because the Zuckerberg's not pushing us out anymore.
Speaker 7: The buzz rocky and all tearing into very soon.
Speaker 9: The Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Let's go, come on ninety four or five the Bush. I want to be outside. I want to play outside.
Speaker 9: So bad I do.
Speaker 1: I want to play Outside's just staring at the window with Chili. I was like, we could be out there to the snow angels.
Speaker 3: I want to play outside right now, heavy snow from my little beanie.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: I got another jacket on weather alert day today, twenty seven degrees outside, winter storm warning, and uh, it's.
Speaker 1: Coming down, it's coming down. It looks pretty.
Speaker 3: I just I know the thousands of dollars of tropical plants that I'm losing right now.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's all right. I thought you some is a tropical climate. It's all right, go get some new plants.
Speaker 5: My friend in Chicago did just text me for my Instagram story. I posted it with snow and he's in Chicago. It's minus seven there, and he was like, yeah, don't get too excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is legit snow.
Speaker 3: Though this isn't and like the most miserable kind because I've made fun before of these, Like right now, this gal is on the news and she's on the roadside somewhere. I mean, there's a legit snow. It's legitimately coming down. Jim Cantorious here from the Weather Channel.
Speaker 1: It looks like this is this is newsworthy.
Speaker 3: We've all seen a news person like, let's check in with you know, Chaz, who's out there on the street, and he'll show you a stop sign and there's a like a one inch icicle.
Speaker 1: Look at the icicle. That's for me, crazy, Look at this icicle forming. It's like, dude, that's one inch easy. This is legit.
Speaker 5: And now Chaz is just covered now as he's doing. Today was the first I've ever had to use my winchild wipers to like move snow.
Speaker 1: Off my winch.
Speaker 3: My automatic fancy schmancy side view mirrors would not open.
Speaker 1: How's technology working for you. Then I had to go in the house, get some water and pour it on them, because you want the robots to take over. Yep.
Speaker 3: I could not get my side view mirrors out today without a little sistems.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get into it. Houston's headlines. Yeah, let's just talk about the snow. Oh, good morning everyone.
Speaker 5: A winter storm morning is in effect currently through six pm today.
Speaker 6: You'll likely see snow.
Speaker 1: We see that right now.
Speaker 5: You can also see sleep or a mix of both throughout the morning, depending on where you're located. Mayor John Whitmyer has urged Ustonians to stay at home and leave our roads for the first responders.
Speaker 6: He also said to be prepared to stay at home for the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 5: Centerpoint Energy has a ton of trucks staged and are prepared for their crews to respond should they need to.
Speaker 6: I think I saw that, John Whitmire said, K not.
Speaker 1: Going with that.
Speaker 5: There have not been any emergency calls just yet because of the snow, so that's good. And then it looks like Urkot saying that our grid should be able to hold up through this winter weather.
Speaker 1: So the power outages is what.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about not I mean, I'm worried about you guys. You know, I had the Hey, the generaic generator put in. So I'm looking at the numbers, and I mean, Galveston County there are forty six hundred peop that are out of power. There's a thousand people in Harris County, Liberty County two hundred and eighty seven. So it's not like nobody's dealing with without power. But I'm not hearing from anybody. Nobody has contacted me said that they're out of power. So that's good news. But yeah, there are there are a few places there's some outages.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we're hoping that those outages are few, yeah, and that they get fixed quickly, quickly, and and yeah, nobody wants to be freezing right now. Donald Trump officially became the forty seventh President of.
Speaker 1: The United States yesterday at his inauguration.
Speaker 5: The ceremony was held inside the Capital Rotunda and was well attended by a lot of celebrity guests like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Dana White, Joe Rogan, Connor McGregor, Caitlyn Jenner, both of the Paul Brothers, Wayne Gretzky was there, even THEO Vaughn and in his second inaugural address, Trump said that the Golden Age of America begins now. He also pledged to expand US territory and in foreign wars. They then turned his rally in downtown d C into a signing ceremony for executive actions, signing forty two executive actions in the process.
Speaker 3: You know that there is no law requiring presidents or President alex to swear on a Bible.
Speaker 6: I heard you could like do it on a Harry Potter book.
Speaker 1: You can do it on any book you want. You could do it.
Speaker 3: You could do it on Jugs magazine if you wanted to. Trump did not put his hand on the Bible when he took the oath of office yesterday.
Speaker 1: Milania.
Speaker 3: Trump was holding two bibles in front of him and he kept his left hand down at his side. But there's no there's no putting your hand on a bible. There's nothing. So Trump did nothing wrong yesterday. You don't have to put your hand on those bibles.
Speaker 5: I liked when Jade Vance was getting sworn in the picture of his wife just like beaming, like how happy she was looking at him. And it was like, well, okay, somebody look at you the way that jad Vance's wife looks at him.
Speaker 1: That was pretty cool. Or look at Lauren Sanchez's cleavage the way that Zuckerberg. That's what he did was saying he was a robot.
Speaker 6: That might show that he's not a robot. I don't think a robot looks.
Speaker 1: He got caught staring at her titties like a little kid. They were right out there.
Speaker 5: It's not I mean, she doesn't have the dress for anyone else, but like, yeah, he was definitely sneaking a.
Speaker 1: Peak like it was his first boob. It was awesome. This is good for him, Good for him. Listen, she didn't need to wear that outfit.
Speaker 5: I thought that was too much of a Tryhard's incredible go off.
Speaker 3: How about not making every single thing you do about you, Lauren Sanchez all times you can, and this is one.
Speaker 1: Of those Jeff Bezos's fiance.
Speaker 5: Yesterday was known as Blue Monday, and it was supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. In response, a positivity campaign was launched in the Netherlands not complain for thirty days.
Speaker 6: The person that came up with it.
Speaker 5: Says that it was a way to shift your perspective from all the whining, moaning and negativity.
Speaker 6: They're calling it a campaign, but it's more like a challenge.
Speaker 5: So when you start getting the urge to complain, and you're supposed to stop and think, by my mad right now, is this necessary?
Speaker 6: And then ask yourself if you really have a reason to whine.
Speaker 5: The challenge is self policed, and the idea is that if you see how often you complain, it'll make it easier for you to change your ways.
Speaker 1: I like the no bitching clause.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the blue Monday thing, yes that I like this additional piece that you're doing yesterday.
Speaker 1: I didn't care for the Blue Monday.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's fun to bitch. Sometimes it's too easy to bitch. That's very true. Okay, find solutions, that's hard, but do it.
Speaker 6: Who is the most badass movie? President?
Speaker 9: Rod?
Speaker 3: I agree with this list. I I I already saw they have Harrison Ford listed at number one. Air Force one, Get off my plane. That's awesome. That's the President. That's the greatest the president has ever been portrayed in a movie.
Speaker 5: For me, Yeah, that's a pretty good one, and I think fitting for number one. Number two was Bill Pullman in Independence Day, another really good one. Then Jamie Fox in White House Down, followed by Benjamin Walker and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, and Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks. My personal favorite was President Camacho, who was played by Terry Crews in Idiocracy. He didn't even make the list, but yeah, then I thought Jack Nicholson is a pretty good one. I just forget, like there's not a lot of like iconic movie presidents.
Speaker 3: Daniel day Lewis, I think, won an Academy Award for playing Lincoln.
Speaker 1: But was he badass or was he just good? You know what was cool? He came up with a weird voice and it wasn't an expected voice.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't there's no recordings of them, so they left it up to Daniel da Lewis.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: We know that Abe Lincoln had that gigantism thing, Abe Lincoln. He had his big hands.
Speaker 1: He was a big dude, so you'd think he'd go with some big, brooding voice. He didn't. He went with something totally different. Just because Daniel D. Lewis is the greatest actor there has ever lived.
Speaker 5: That's not on the list, Yeah, I was, there's some interesting ones, and then Charlie's They're on in Long Shot, which is a fairly new movie. She made the list at number thirteen, which was which was pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: I agree with Harrison being number one, but Daniel da Lewis not being on the list is a massive snub.
Speaker 1: And then Craig Robinson is president.
Speaker 5: Jackson and Brett Level Midnight from I mean there was a short film, but I think he belongs right about it too. There's a new Buck Cherry album on the way from frontman Josh Todd spoke about the band's eleventh upcoming album that was recorded in November last year and said that it's called Roar Like Thunday, It Like Thunder, and that it's rocking for beginning to end. He also said the band spent a ton of time laboring and writing it. Roy Lake Thunder is expected to be released in June. So get ready Buck Cherry fans. That's those are Houston's headlines. Now into sports.
Speaker 1: Oh what you got In sports?
Speaker 6: The Ohio State Buckeyes are national champions.
Speaker 5: They beat Notre Dame thirty four to twenty three last night in the college football Playoff National championship game. It looked like it was going to be a blow up, but Notre Dame ended up making a game out of it. Ohio States quarterback Will Howard was named the game's MVP. He threw for two hundred and thirty one yards and two touchdowns. It's the Buckeyes' first national title since twenty fourteen. Then, in basketball, the Rockets fell to the Pistons one oh seven to ninety six yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 6: They are now eighty or twenty eight and fourteen on the season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Cavaliers tomorrow night at Toyota Center.
Speaker 6: That's what's going on in sport, guys.
Speaker 3: The story moving forward is dangerous road conditions. We want you off the roads. I understand some of you have to be out on the roads.
Speaker 1: I'll open up a few.
Speaker 3: Phone lines if you want to talk about where, what the weather is like, where you're at.
Speaker 1: We did this in the seven o'clock hour. We took a bunch of phone calls. I got time, man.
Speaker 3: If you guys want to talk, what's going on where you are, Where you are at, what are you dealing with? You got kids at home? Are they going out, are they playing in the snow? Are they throwing the snowballs? Is anybody making a snowman?
Speaker 1: Any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: I'll open up some phone lines if you guys want to talk a little snow. Tell me what's going on in your world? Seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. We got one more hour together.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five does go on?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five, The Buzz Nervonai in Bloom Rod Ryan's Show, Welcome to the nine Spot, nine oh six, nine oh seven, winter storm warning. Snow continues to come down here in the Galleria area. Most of you are dealing with the same things. Snow, sleep, freezing rain, guys, hazardous driving conditions. Okay, more than fifty roads and overpasses are now closed, according to tex Dot. Don't get on the roads, don't be out there if you don't have to. I know that we're gonna get our work done and then get out of.
Speaker 1: Here, go home. I feel silly that we're essential. Silly. Ty you agree, we will, we talk.
Speaker 9: Talk.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get those Nirvana songs in there. Yeah, people need to hear their stuff. I love all the pictures that you guys are sharing.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Like I'm like you, I want to get our work done. I want to go home, and then I just want to take out every kid in my neighborhood with snowballs. Okay, I'm like Buddy the Elf. I'm that good at snowball fights.
Speaker 5: I only know the kids in my apartment complex, but I want to friends with them and then just hit them with snowballs.
Speaker 3: No, you just start picking them off. You just start picking them off one by one. I'm telling every kid in my neighborhood be outside. I'll be there at eleven. I'll be out there at eleven in the heights. I'll take out every kid in the heights.
Speaker 1: Show you a few things. Snowball war, snowball fight. I'm ready, me versus the world. I'm ready. I'm coming. Uh. JD the truck driver, JD, you're not on the roads? Are you here in town?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: I am?
Speaker 2: I am on the road.
Speaker 1: Where are you are you driving?
Speaker 5: I am?
Speaker 17: I was just spent the night and got to go Oklahoma last I woke up to about three degrees this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, three degrees was the true temperature or the windshill?
Speaker 2: Yep? No, true, true degrees? True?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 12: So I was sending some clear weather.
Speaker 1: You're sending us clear weather.
Speaker 2: Yes, so shining the clear up here?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: And where are you specifically?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 12: I'm going north on I thirty five.
Speaker 2: You call me up to uh oh, Maha.
Speaker 1: Nebraska, Almaha, Nebraska. All right, Well, dude, you coming back?
Speaker 2: Uh three weeks?
Speaker 1: Oh jeez. You don't have to drive in any of this. All right? Well, I know that you get caught in some of this bad weather.
Speaker 3: And there's really people people always ask you, like, what's the what's the trick? Nobody can drive on ice. There is no trick to driving on ice. People a steer into it and don't break, don't pump the brakes, and nothing works.
Speaker 1: It's ice. Just don't drive.
Speaker 2: I look at it this right.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it this way.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 12: If I feel a slick spot, I'll park to me.
Speaker 3: I felt a couple of slick spots this morning driving in. I was driving slow. I'm gonna creep home in four wheel drive and then everyone else just stay up the roads.
Speaker 9: J D.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're not here. In town driving in this. I'm glad you got nice, nice weather where you're at. I actually should know y'all. Are you in the truck right now? Can we here? Horn?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 15: I own.
Speaker 2: My man? All right?
Speaker 1: I still love it. JD the truck driver out there. Thank god he's not here in town driving. So that winter storm warning continues. Keep dropping those photographs on our Facebook page. We got some cool pictures to share. If you want to just email them in. That's cool.
Speaker 3: We're back at the Alternative Income. We're back at it. I got a keyword for you. You're gonna be entering it at the buzz dot Com. More activities at the buzz dot Com. Good luck, man, go get some cash.
Speaker 17: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Come on us, all right, welcome back everybody. Good luck getting after that alternative income. I still have some Buzzfest tickets to give to you.
Speaker 1: We'll do those. We'll give you those before we get out of here. I know the show. But right now, my man Alex is standing.
Speaker 13: By online Kid's Ales Online ninety four five The muzz What you got Today's say, Well, you're gonna be looking at photos of how.
Speaker 6: Time just changes stuff.
Speaker 1: It's like slowly every time.
Speaker 5: There's a dog statue that people have pet over ten years and the top of the dog is just like the statue is being rubbed off.
Speaker 6: There's a there's a rock formation in.
Speaker 5: Seattle where the waves have eroded it enough and it shows the picture from like when somebody originally took a picture of it.
Speaker 6: Yep, and then like twenty years later how much of it's been eroded.
Speaker 1: There's a very famous bar in New Orleans, Tippotina's.
Speaker 3: It's not the Quarter, it's uptown, but Professor Longhair is right there in the front.
Speaker 1: There's like a bust of him. I'm supposed to rub his head for good luck. Again, it's just wore down.
Speaker 5: That's really I like the brass that's that always is cool in any dog statue that has that.
Speaker 6: That's always funny to me.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: There's a parking garage where you can kind of see like the grooves. It's been around so long. There's some steps in Italy that you can tell after millions of people have walked on it for years and years.
Speaker 6: I just noticed this too.
Speaker 1: Beaten down path.
Speaker 3: The oldest bar in America that's still active as a bar I believe is Jean Lafitte's blacksmith shop that's now that is in the quarter and.
Speaker 1: You can see the erosion of the bricks from people putting their feet under the bar. That's tool where they set their feet since the you know, three hundreds ago.
Speaker 5: Right, which takes for having them for that dad, And yeah, that's pretty cool. So go check this out see how time is changed. Staff at the world famous rod Ryan Show paigebut dot com pay.
Speaker 7: We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 3: We have one of our own, the.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five. It's the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park in the Emptiness.
Speaker 3: Machine rod Ryan's Show Tap Tuesday number one blog page today. It just now overtook the amount of traffic that we were getting on our monster jam Deep discounted ticket link.
Speaker 1: This morning. We put some tickets on sale this morning. They're gone. It was fifteen hundred tickets on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents.
Speaker 3: We'll have more cheap ticket sales in the weeks ahead. I was told there's a concert announcement today at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Jeremy is going to get that. I take it personally. I like all the content like this too. I like the concert announcements.
Speaker 3: But Jeremy's a great guy, so he's going to bring you that information shortly after eleven o'clock and then moving forward the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: I'm told we're going to have tickets before they on sale, so.
Speaker 3: I would be listening at around eleven o'clock today. Winter storm warning is in effect pretty much all the day. I was looking outside. Alex keeps going, Alic keeps.
Speaker 1: Leaving the room to go look. I like just watching it.
Speaker 6: It's like a real life snow glow.
Speaker 1: He's like a dog.
Speaker 3: He goes and just sits in the window while the songs are playing. I want to get outside and play too. I want to get out there. I want to do it.
Speaker 1: I want to walk around out there. I just want to beat it. It's still coming down in the street. It's still coming down outside right now. Today's National Hugging Day. No big deal on that.
Speaker 3: But I wanted to ask Alex just because he's kind of like my guy when I have comedian questions, all right, kind of is the guy for that? It's today's National one Liner's Day. The king of the one liners is Mitch Hedberg. Yeah, okay, I guess he didn't really invent.
Speaker 1: That format, is it? Rodney Dangerfield kind of not really.
Speaker 3: It was the guy with the hair the dogs like this, just the bald guy with the crazy hair. He was the one liner guy. He kind of invented that format, and then Mitch Hedberg maybe perfected it. Where is Mitch Hepburg in the in the canon of comedians? No worry, that guy's name will come to me. Stephen Rice, Stephen right, I want to put a humidifier in a dehumidifier in the same room.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: He was that guy.
Speaker 1: Mitch Hedberg was the guy that.
Speaker 3: Said that rice is great if you're really hungry and you want to eat two thousand of something. And he just one after another after another, his observations, I.
Speaker 1: Used to do drugs. I still do drugs, but I used to too. Yes.
Speaker 3: The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall. But his delivery and the way that he did it, and he looked like he was a druggie, and he was a druggie, and he just looked like.
Speaker 1: A rock and roll guy.
Speaker 3: You know, he looked like Kurt Cobain out there delivering these amazing one liners one after another after another. I get where you get the very very top tier. You mentioned Rodney Dangerfield, and then I guess there would be George Carlin, Richard Pryor like those type of guys, and Murphy's.
Speaker 1: Probably in there. I mean, is he a top ten guy? Is he a top twenty guy? Like is Mitch Hedberg thought of?
Speaker 3: I feel like he is he revered as like being this amazing comedian that was so unbelievably unique for his time we met him.
Speaker 1: He was in studio before. I mean, he used to come through town.
Speaker 5: I think that he's he might not be like the greatest comedian of all time top ten.
Speaker 6: Discussions, guess that you'll see, but.
Speaker 5: I feel like they always like he's a comedians comedian and like he might be your favorite comedian's favorite comedian, Like he's a he's a musician's musician.
Speaker 15: Yep.
Speaker 6: He's kind of like that, where like people just appreciate it, and like.
Speaker 5: I just wish that he could have seen Twitter, because he would have killed on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 6: He was built for Twitter.
Speaker 1: He the way that he delivered his humor.
Speaker 3: Here's another This shirt is dry clean only, which means it's dirty. He just took everyday things and made it funny. And again, just the way that he delivered everything. You know, it's one liner day. It should be called Mitch headberd Day. Yeah, it really should be.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's not even if you were.
Speaker 5: To put the looking at a list, he's not. Like I'm not seeing him at the very top. But like I he's one of my I know he's right there. He's after Rodney David, Drewfield, Sam Kennison, Mitch Hedberg, but he's a ways down there.
Speaker 1: I Dingerfield is low on the list.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is just like the best comedians of all time lists, and it's like Dave Chappelle, Carlin Pryor, Luis k Eddie Murphy, Bill Hicks, Bill Burr, Lenny Bruce, Chris Rock, Seinfeld, Wander Psych. So like, I don't don't know how much you agree with all of that, but he's top five comedians for me.
Speaker 1: I don't know he'll be higher up than that. I get and I see comedians gushing over Louis c K.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's that funny, and it's got nothing to do with him and the me too and the getting cancer, got nothing to do with that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, comedians say that he is brilliant and the things that he.
Speaker 3: Did on his television show they talk about how you talk about.
Speaker 1: How groundbreaking he was, and just for some reason, the stuff never hit with me. It's funny. Do I laugh, Yes, absolutely, But the fact that Louis c.
Speaker 3: K is super high on that list, like you said, I'm not surprised, it's just for some reason never hit with me.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I feel, and I feel that you think Louis c K.
Speaker 1: Is like a top five all time comedian. I do think he is probably a top five all time comedian.
Speaker 6: J just I think I think he's really good.
Speaker 5: And I think they kind of embraces the awkwardness and like the like uncomfortability that like he goes to our stage where like he was one of those guys that he's like, this is who I am and these are the weird, gross things that I do and I'm just gonna talk about it.
Speaker 6: And yeah, there's some other stuff that came out of that as well.
Speaker 5: But if you're just looking at CA, you're separating the artists from or just you're appreciating the artists for the art.
Speaker 1: I think he's he's up there.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well, have fun with your national one liner's day. And if you don't know Mitch Hepburg.
Speaker 1: You got yourself a day cut out for you YouTube.
Speaker 3: I mean his just his cut up bits and just seeing him and then when he laughed, I believe that he was really laughing. I didn't think that was part of the app like sometimes he cracked himself up and it was just funny. His delivery was the best. Go look up some Mitch Hedberg today. Here's the red Hot Chili Peppers under the Bridge ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: But buzz Rob Ryan show of a winter storm warning tattooesday number one.
Speaker 3: Link today has bands of snow and sleek continue to move across the Houston area.
Speaker 1: More is coming down. Feels like the winds are picking up here.
Speaker 3: We're on the seventh floor of our building and the parking garage goes up to six. It was completely snow covered earlier and now you're seeing some of that snow not there. The windows picked up, so it was kind of a lighter snow here in the galleria.
Speaker 1: I still plan. I've gone home and just destroying every kid in the heights. I want to go outside some snowball fight. Snowball fight. I'll be there. Make sure. I know there's a lot of distractions going on right now.
Speaker 3: Make sure if you would like to come down to the station and play Read My Lips on Thursday, you need to sign up on Links and Guests this morning. That's where you'll find information about the mile of meat one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Bottles or cans are acceptable, but if the product must be Love Street Blonde. All of that is on the world famous Rode Ryans showpage at the buzz dot com. Normally I would fly right past the list like.
Speaker 1: This because it wouldn't affect US.
Speaker 3: USA Today talks about some things that you shouldn't leave in your car when it's below freezing.
Speaker 1: Hey, we need this list. We don't know how to do this. Yeah, it's all pretty obvious stuff. I didn't.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess it makes sense. I mean, most of the US is dealing with some serious cold weather right now, so US Today put together these six things six things you should not leave in your car when it's below freezing.
Speaker 1: And some of you may have some of these things in your car.
Speaker 3: You don't think about it, and now it's like, hey, we're like the rest of the country now dealing with some freezing snow. Aerosol cans can explode if they get too cold. They get too cold highly pressurized. Yeah, aerosol cans don't react well to anything other than just regular ret temperature. Aerosol cans can explode if they get too cold. Can you mention an exploded can of.
Speaker 1: Aquinet in your car? That would be bad. That would be bad.
Speaker 3: Canned food the food inside expands, that can bust open as well. You ever put like something in the freezer and it explodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you forget, Like you put a beer in there and you sear it pop a neat.
Speaker 3: It's one thing if it's a can, but a glass bottle, it's like, how many times have you done this?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just gonna put in.
Speaker 3: The freezer for a little bit, just a quick little just to chill it, and then you forget about it. Yeah, So canned foods not good in the car. Eggs, don't leave them in the car. If you get your groceries, if they freeze and the shells cracked, they're not safe to eat. Electronics things like your phones, laptops, computers, tablets, they don't work well if they get too cold. They can also damage. They can also damage the screen. Condensation can form inside the device when it warms back up, which could cause it to short medications.
Speaker 6: Some meds don't do well in the cold, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: And the obvious ones, the ones that they always hit on the news, The kids, the pets, the seniors are more vulnerable in cold weather, so even in short amounts of time in a freezing car could be dangerous. So yeah, don't leave your loved ones in the car, all right. The only one that was a shocker to me, I guess was the aerosol cans.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't use a lot of hair spray.
Speaker 6: Now, there was a time you should bring it back. Dude, Well, what am irying to use?
Speaker 1: Do it spray my eyebrows? No, it'd be funny. You just put hairspray on. You just take your bald head.
Speaker 3: I remember my dad, my sister and I there was you know, we grew up in a house there was one bathroom. So by the time that I started growing my hair, my sister had her hair. We'd use the bathroom and I'm using just as much hair spray as she is at the time. The overspray from because we'd be getting ready and maybe the bathroom door would be open, So the backdrop the bathroom is very small. The front, the outside of the door is the door is swung in. That's what's your backdrop, and all of the overspray. My dad said, get over here. There was probably half an inch of shellac on the door and it was overspray. And it wasn't just my sister, it was me final net or aquaet, whatever the hell we were using back then.
Speaker 1: There was so much overspray on the do it's was it in like.
Speaker 5: A was there an imprint of your like bodies that was around it? Over time, it was just this huge.
Speaker 3: The whole upper quarter of the door was covered in hairspray. To this day, you can still see hairspray from the eighties. Sad all right, I got tickets to go see Buzzfest. To join us at Buzzfest, it's our party with some great bands. Saturday, May twenty fourth, Alex will be working on a question. He'll have it for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 1: Okay, stay with us Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 9: Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod, Ryan's Show. Snowy, partly cloudy, thirty eight to be are high today.
Speaker 1: The winter storm warning is going to continue throughout the day.
Speaker 6: I saw Miller Park, Miller Doctor Theater, Miller Arter Theater.
Speaker 1: It's a hill right there. I know it looks so cool. Everybody is sledding on that thing, Like, who's got a sled? Guess what?
Speaker 2: They have?
Speaker 1: Pool toys? Yeah they have. It's just the same.
Speaker 3: Inflatable pool toys are absolutely in play right now, people sledding and using hills around the area.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, all right, let's go. I want to get out of here. I want to go play in the snow. This is no the show.
Speaker 3: I've got tickets to go see Buzzfest. Would you like to come party with us? There are still tickets on sale through ticketmaster dot com. We're gonna be at the Woodlands Pavilion Saturday, May twenty fourth, Chabelle, Marilyn Manson Blue October Pod Evans Blue and Sleep Theory for a free parent tickets. Right now, you need to answer Alex's question. What's your another show question?
Speaker 5: We were talking about this earlier this morning. What is the most common dream that people have about work? Just kind of summarize it quickly for me, what's the most common dream people have about work?
Speaker 15: Good?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: One, three, two, one two, five nine five. If you know the show, prove it, we'll reward you.
Speaker 9: Yo.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 9: Smartphones, laptop, some smart TV's tablets. Are you ritt?
Speaker 13: Whatever way you listen, We're there, say tell you were smart device to play ninety four five the buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five bus system of a down in aerials.
Speaker 3: Rob Ryan's show, closing it out for a snowy Tattooesday. I know that the well I can go through some of this stuff afterwards, but the Tattuesday was the number one link. But you guys did get after some other things. And thank you for hitting us up with all those snow pictures. I've been going through all of them all morning long on our Facebook page. Appreciate you guys, sharing that stuff. I can't wait to get into it. I'll I can't wait to take some pictures myself out there.
Speaker 1: I got nine fifty three.
Speaker 13: He's now time for know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 12: Five The buzz La La la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La la la.
Speaker 6: Honest Earnest, good morning, Hey dude, how are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Part of town?
Speaker 2: Are you on?
Speaker 11: Are in?
Speaker 2: Where Katie?
Speaker 1: You off of work today? You're working? Honest, Ernest? Oh, I work from home? Okay, ha ha oh you.
Speaker 3: Work from home? They continue working from home? All right, Well, listen, Alex has a question for you.
Speaker 1: What is your question, Ernest?
Speaker 6: What is the most common dream that people have about work.
Speaker 1: Getting fired? It's not correct? That is not it, dude, No, that was one of them. Was not the most common.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't the number one. Let's see if Adam has it. Adam turned down your radio.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, how are you? I'm doing good? How are you awesome? Okay, we don't have a correct answer here.
Speaker 3: What's the most common work related dream slash nightmare?
Speaker 1: What's number one?
Speaker 15: Being late?
Speaker 1: Being late for correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, you heard honest, Ernest did not get it, Adam, You're the winner.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: We're gonna give you tickets to us to join us at Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: I am so so I'm stoked for that too, dude. It's gonna be a kick ass party. All right. Where do you live, Adam, I'm in Willers Okay? Are you off of work today?
Speaker 2: They called it in.
Speaker 3: I worked for the county, so they called this in and then they let most of us go home because we didn't.
Speaker 1: Have anything busted.
Speaker 3: So tomorrow morning's gonna probably be the day where we're gonna have the be issues with pipes and stuff.
Speaker 1: So gotcha. All right, Adam, We'll enjoy your day.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: We'll see you at Buzzfest. Thanks for listening, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. Be safe, Thank you to man. Yeah, everyone be safe. Don't be on the roads. And if you don't have to be.
Speaker 3: Like I said earlier, I haven't had to deal with anybody specifically talking about with power. If there is a problem, it looks like in the Galveston area there's that's where I'm seeing the most power outages in the area. So if you're out there in the Galveston area. Man, I hope that power comes back on soon for you. All right, all right, that's it Number one link today Tattooesday. Then it was the Monster Jam Deep Discount ticket sale this morning. You guys went through those fifteen hundred dollars or fifteen hundred tickets quick quick, one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Friday is when we start putting faces up on that wall. Your chance to win five hundred dollars per quarter and five hundred dollars for the final score.
Speaker 1: For the big game that's coming up in a couple of weeks. We're gonna know.
Speaker 3: Who's in that big game coming up after this weekend. Just gotta wait one more one more weekend. How many sleeps is that, Alex?
Speaker 1: I can't wait? Uh, give me a sleep county.
Speaker 3: For five sleep five sleeps sleep mile of meat applications. You can sign up online. You can also sign up if you want.
Speaker 1: To play Read my Lips.
Speaker 3: One of you, one lucky person like Lindsey and Craig who already came down and did great, one of you will be chosen to come down and play Read my Lips Thursday morning. But you gotta take on Alex, but you have to sign up on the world famous rod Ryanshow page at the buzz dot com. Big Jeremy Benson is up next ten after the hour, we got that chance to win one thousand dollars alternative income.
Speaker 1: So ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten.
Speaker 3: You see what we're going with this up until five ten with Teresa your chance to win one thousand dollars. Listen for the keyword. Then you have to enter the keyword at the buzz dot com. And then Jeremy's got a concert announcement coming to way at eleven o'clock. We will reap the benefits of that announcement and we'll give away tickets to that show starting tomorrow and it'll be a win it before they go on sales situation.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, that's it.
Speaker 3: Surely great job managing that website today and making sure that we got those tickets out to everybody with the cheap tickets. We'll do it again next week for one of the other monster jams. I believe next Tuesday we'll have fifteen hundred dollars fifteen hundred tickets on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents for the Sunday, February second show.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna do that. That's on the schedule already for Tuesday morning. That's it, guys. We want to go play in the snow too. Be safe. I hope your palmer stays on Stay warm a m F. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 13: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.