Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to visit right now with Jason from a band called Trailer Park Country. And you guys have a fun event coming up here in January. Let's talk a little bit about this event, and it's it's a great opportunity to give back and do something nice. So tell me a little bit about the event, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, the event is hosted by Den Live Music and Casito Nice. It is an event that promotes something we are really passionate about. It's to prevent fan violence. There's a lot of statistics out there and if you look them up, you'll be surprised. Yeah, forty percent of all NFL fans have experienced fan violence. Wow. And it kind of similar in the college arena. So we felt being a tailgate party band, yeah, and an entertainment show that we would help promote a initiative against fan violence.
Speaker 1: I love that and Trailer Park Country, you guys go to a lot of football games do tailgate parties, which is really really.
Speaker 2: Cool and really really fun, I'll bet.
Speaker 1: So this is really a neat thing for people to come out. And you're kind of doing a tailgate party even though it's not in the parking lot, because while it's in January.
Speaker 2: Yes, and people still get out in them parking lots in January in Detroit and the snow and do it, but not us.
Speaker 1: There you go, so this will be indoors, so you don't have to bundle up if you want to, U sure can, but come inside at the Den and that's kind of up by the Convention Center in that neighborhood, but right across from.
Speaker 2: The bird Cage. Yes, sir, so it's a great place.
Speaker 1: Wonderful live music venue by the way, So a good good place to go for this and that. What time does everything start?
Speaker 2: And what is date?
Speaker 1: Once again?
Speaker 2: It is January twenty fourth, Saturday, Saturday twenty four, three to five pm.
Speaker 1: Nice, So this is an opportunity to come out and have some fun. It should be a really good time. How long have you guys been performing as Trailer Park Country.
Speaker 2: We are together now three years, Dennis and I very very.
Speaker 1: Nice and the any thing is you've done a lot in those three years. You guys have been all over I'm friends on Facebook and I follow the exploits of Trailer Park Country, and I'm just so proud of what you guys are doing.
Speaker 2: I think it's cool. Well, when it's this much fun and with a guy that is a kindred spirit, we're brothers, you know in our spirits. Yeah, and Dennis and I have a lot of fun doing it. I never thought we would get this far or continue to do it, but it's it's a passion.
Speaker 1: And again, the tailgating thing, I think is just really neat that you know, that started with just one game and then it turned into Wow, you guys are all over the place for not just NFL, but for other teams as well, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yes, it's the explosion of attention that we got from one song just blew my mind. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And again, if people would like to come out and support Trailer Park Country, that's cool. But if they want to come out and be a part of a fundraiser and also maybe raise some awareness for some things that are going on in the world, that would be another cool thing for this event.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a lot of sports activities let's call them sports activities in sooos Falls, that this would be a great opportunity to come out, express your passion for your team and have some fun with this. We do. We're entertainment. We do a show. If you don't see the show, you're missing half of trailer park Country. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And this is a fundraiser and there's an organization here in town that kind of deals with this. So this is a great opportunity to give back, have fun, and maybe even bring some friends out to have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The organization is alternative to violence, and they are a great organization that does exactly what we are inspiring to do, is prevent violence. There's no reason for violence, and civilized society really abs.
Speaker 1: And a lot of the time, you know, people get passionate, you know, when you get really passionate about something, and let's say that I really like this team and you really like that team, and your team just beat my team, and then now I want to, you know, start some argument.
Speaker 2: That's not the way to do it.
Speaker 1: Go over and say, hey, congrats you won this time, we'll win next time. It's all good. Hey, can I get you a beer? That is so much better than you know, getting in a fight.
Speaker 2: That's not good. And it's amazing that these NFL fans and colleges, yeah do just that. You go into the parking lot and it's a united party, celebrating the team, the sport, the interaction between everyone.
Speaker 1: And that's the way it should be. We should all be able to get along and in this world that we're talking about sports, but think about in the world right now. It's everything. You know, social media. If I went on today and I posted the things saying I love puppies, you know, there'd be about two comments before somebody say, why do you hate kittens.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I don't hate I just love puppies. What's wrong.
Speaker 1: We need to come together, we need to work together, and I love that you guys are doing what you're doing. Let's take again the day and the time of this fun event.
Speaker 2: January twenty fourth, three to five pm. Very very nice.
Speaker 1: And again it's called Trailer Park Country and I'm going to throw a link to their page. If they want to follow you on social media, just look for Trailer Park Country on all the different social medias.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: Nice Jason, thanks for coming in Man. Thank you if you If you would like to know more, I've got a link to all of the information on our Facebook page as well to make it easy. You can find that at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sioux Falls News. Hey, Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at Genesisgold Old i r A dot com.