Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you are listening to boost your brain power. I am a brain expert, and I help people figure out what areas of their brain are not functioning at optimal levels and give them holistic, natural ways to improve their brain function through a process called neuroplasticity, so they could rewire their brain and get their brain to function at higher levels. Now, how do we know which part of the brain needs help, Because the different areas of the brain are responsible for different tasks and jobs. For example, the frontal cortex that's the front part of the brain, you know, right on your forehead. This frontal cortex is responsible for motivation, punctuality, organization, planning, shifting tasks, depression, anxiety, memory, focus, not getting distracted, addiction, executive functions, aphasias. These can all result from abnormal frontal core tex function. Now, the frontal cortex is also the first area that starts and what's called frontal temporal dementia and a lot of people are worried about getting dementia, getting Alzheimer's disease, and a lot of it starts in the frontal cortex. If your frontal cortex isn't working at optimal levels, you can also be more susceptible to Parkinson's disease because the frontal cortex activates what's called your basal gangla and that's where the dopamines produced. There are natural ways to increase dopamine, whether it's exercise, doing a checklist, celebrating the small winds, looking good. These are always to increase your dopamine levels and natural ways. So if you want medicine right, if you want that el dopa right, if you want medicine for your neurologic condition, I am not the doctor for you. If, on the other hand, you want to get to the root cause of your neurological condition and you want to come up with ways that you could help yourself so you don't need medicine, herbs, pills, homeopathic remedy, medications, injections, ibs, doctors, is it's cat scans, X rays, MRIs, ultrasounds. If you want to avoid all that stuff, you gotta take action. An ounce of prevention is worth a pounding cure. Don't wait till your frontal cortex starts acting bad to start working on it. Don't wait till your memory's ban or you lose your focus, or you're feeling brain foggy, or you lost your motivation, or you can't control your addictions. Don't wait. Get your frontal cortex strong now, just like you should brush your teeth and fluss every day to prevent cavities, as opposed to waiting until you get a cavity. Now, you got it on these pain killers, medications, You gotta do drills, you gotta do surgeries, you gotta see the dentists, you gotta do all these X rays. Right, don't wait till you get the cavity to start taking action. Take action now, do oil pulling, brush your teeth, floss water, pick rints after you eat. Do all the right things, and the same thing goes for your brain. So if you want to improve your memory, right, you got to do new things. Novelty. The best thing for memory is doing things that you've never done before. Novelty. Nobody tells you that. They just say, oh, your memory gets worse with age. Wrong, Your memory gets worse because you're not doing new things. If you did new things every day, then your memory would improve with old age, your memory if you're, for example, I'm forty six years old. Right, so a lot of my peers are saying, oh, my memory is going bad. I'm just getting older, I'm approaching fifty.
Speaker 3: Wrong.
Speaker 2: It's because you're not doing new things anymore. Right. So if you're forty six and you start doing new things every day, your brain will function better at forty seven than forty six. If you do all the right things, your brain can function better at sixty than it does at fifty, and it can be better at eighty than it is at seventy if you do the right things. Number one is novelty. Number two is fuel delivery. Fuel delivery is water. You gotta drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. If you weigh one hundred and twenty pounds, you gotta drink sixty ounces of water. Add do it with pink Camelan salt or Celtic salt. So put a pinch of salt in your water to get those electrolytes, get those minerals, and that creates more a alkaline water, which is gonna help hydrate your cells because the salt helps to bring the water into the cells. Also, when you drink water, drink on an empty stomach for best absorption. You don't want to drink while you're eating, that's not good. You want to drink before you eat, at least a half hour before each meal. Also, you want to drink on an empty stomach. So first thing in the morning. The worst thing is drinking coffee first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and that's what a lot of people do. Stop doing that. That's one of the unhealthiest things you could do, is drinking coffee first thing on the morning at an empty stomach. No good. If you have stress, if you have anxiety, you have insomnia. If you get easily distracted, if you can't focus, maybe coffee or caffeine isn't the best thing for you. Maybe you got to relax your brain and chill it out a little bit more. But if you are already in stress mode and then you give it a stimulant like caffeine, that can make your medical condition worse. So stay away from the stimulants. If you have high stress, if you have anxiety, you have insomnia. Right if you have these issues, you gotta stay away from the coffee. Okay, So that is very important to function at a higher level. Now, what are the other areas? A fuel delivery? So you got water, then you got oxygen. Where do you get the oxygen? Go outside? The worst thing is staying inside, and that's what most people do. They sleep inside, they eat breakfast inside, they work inside, they eat dinner inside, they watch TV inside, they go on the computer inside, they're on their cell phone inside. Start choosing things that get you outside of the house. The more outside you are and the closer to trees and nature, and the more oxygen you're gonna get. One tree has enough oxygen for five people. So if you're standing in the woods, you're standing in the forest, in the jungle, you're gonna get a lot of oxygen. Now, if you are stuck inside because you have to work and you gotta make some money to pay your bills, then get some plants for inside your house. The best plants for oxygen and purification are snake plants, spider plants, alovera plants, and money plants. Those are going to increase your oxygen level. Those are going to purify your air it's gonna filter out all the bad stuff such as the carbon dioxide and the dust and the mold and all the stuff that could aggravate your brain. So if you can't go outside, purify your house or your apartment with getting some highly oxygen producing plants. Keep those plants together. Don't have one plant in one room another plant in another room. Put them all in the same room, in the same corner. Because plants are social, just like humans are. We need to be around people. Well, they need to be around other plants. If they're by themselves and they're isolated, they can die off. That's why when they did the quarantines for COVID and created this social isolation, it created an epidemic of depression and anxiety. And we're still dealing with this over four years later. It's almost five years now, right, it's almost five years since this started, and people, adults and children are still dealing with the consequences of the social problems because there was quarantines creating anxiety, depression, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, addictions. I mean, it's really bad what's happened, all right, and not only that, we got put in this fear mode where everyone's just glued to the television watching all these people die and watching all these traumatic stories. The news is the worst thing. If you have anxiety, if you have stress, you got to stay away from the news, turned it off, unplugged. The news is only going to report the bad things, Right, there's one hundred things that happened that day. They were to port the one bad thing. They're not gonna report the ninety nine good things. That's not the job of the news. It's not to report what's happening. It doesn't keep you informed. So don't think that you have to watch the news to be informed, because it's actually misinforming you because it's only telling you of the bad stuff that's happening. If it really were the news, it would tell you all the good stuff that's happening, because there's are a lot more good things in the world than bad things. Right, there's two wars going on. They're gonna talk about the two wars. They're not gonna talk about, you know, the thousand areas of peace. They don't talk about all the peaceful countries, all the peaceful borders, all the countries that get along. Most countries get along, most countries aren't in war. But they're not gonna tell you that on the news. They're only gonna tell you the ones that are fighting, right, They're not gonna They're only gonna report the natural disasters, the fires and the hurricane and the tornadoes, and the earthquakes and the tsunamis and the monsoons. They're not reporting the ninety nine percent of the world that has no earthquake, no tornado, no hurricane, no fire. They're only reporting the bad stuff. If you really want to function best, if you want your brain to function at the highest level, you gotta turn off the news, stop reading the newspaper, turn off social media, unplug no cable. We got to stay away from the mainstream media. If you want to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power if you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at kaplanbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power now. A lot of people with add ADHD, dyslexia, Turette's, aspergers. These are all frontal cortex imbalances. Autism is typically a right frontal cortex problem. Autism used to be, you know, one out of every thirty thousand kids would have autism. Now it's like one out of every thirty. Every year, more and more kids, especially boys, are getting autism. Four out of every five autistic diagnostics are boys. Only one out of five is girls, so boys are more likely to get it. And the worst thing for these boys, right is sitting in a classroom for eight hours without moving and just listening to a teacher lecture. That's the worst thing for boys, right, And so maybe add ADHD is overdiagnosed because we're not taking enough movement breaks. Right, So you need to take movement breaks idealistically every twenty minutes. That's what the brain needs. It's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds. You move your body, whether it's walking twenty feet, doing twenty push ups, twenty sit ups, twenty squats, twenty lunges, twenty jumping jacks. Just move that body for twenty seconds, shoulder rolls, sitting to standing. I don't care what it is, but move it. You move it or you lose it. So you want to move your body for twenty seconds, and also look twenty feet away. That's the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, move your body for twenty seconds, look twenty feet away, and then you could go back to your school work. You're reading, your homework, your computer work, whatever it is. Even if you're watching a movie, get up, you're watching the baseball game, get up. Every twenty minutes. You gotta set that alarm. Luckily, my job isn't a desk job. While I'm sitting down all day, so I don't have to do that. But I am after my workdays. I'm writing a book, and what do I have to do as I put a twenty minute alarm so that every twenty minutes I get up, and it makes the book go so much better because I think of new ideas during that twenty second. I re energize. My eyes don't hurt as much, I don't get as tired. I can focus better, I can remember better, I can think clear. That twenty rule will change your life, whether you have add ADHD, autism or nothing. Start participating in the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, You'll move your body and you look twenty feet away. It's not that hard twenty seconds, but you gotta be consistent about it. Sitting is the new smoking. You want to get Alzheimer's dementia, Rginson's diabetes, obesity, heart disease, cancer. Keep sitting you want to prevent that stuff. Get off your butt and start moving. The worst thing is sitting all day in stress mode. That is a recipe for disaster. Now, we talked about the frontal cortex for memory focus. We talked about it for add autism, dyslexia, aspergers. So there's a lot of frontal cortex conditions, and what we do is, if we find that you have one of these conditions, we could do exercises. So just like you could do an exercise if your muscle is weak, you can also do an exercise if your brain is weak, but instead doing bicep curls or bench presses, you're gonna do frontal cortex exercises. So a good frontal cortex exercise is sort of like that game we used to play as a kid, Rock paper Scissors, And what you do is you see, Okay, how many times can I do rock paper scissors in thirty seconds? And then when you get really good, you do, okay, now I'm gonna do paper scissors, rock, and you change the order and you just basically put your hand on your other hand. Okay, let me do a rock, let me do a paper, let me do a scissors, And then you do that over and over and over again for thirty seconds straight, counting how many times you do it, and then when you get really good, you switch up the order again and now I'm gonna do scissors, rock, paper scissors, rock, paper scissors, rock, paper that's good for the frontal cortex. Or another good exercise. You do a peace side with your right hand where you hold up those two fingers and say like you know, peace, and then do an ok sign with the other hand. You know, you touch your thumb to your pointer finger and you have the other three fingers going up. So you have one side doing the okay symbol, one side doing the peace symbol, and then you count three one, two three, and at the same time you switch and you do the peace side with the other hand, and then do the okay symbol with the other hand and you switch it and you do that for thirty seconds. It's very good for the frontal cortex. Smell is very good for the frontal cortex. A lot of people have lost their smell recently, whether it's some COVID from the vaccine, from drugs, smoking, whatever it is, a lot of people have been coming to me with loss of smell and taste, and we got to get that back because if you don't have smell, that makes you more prone to Alzheimer's, pargins In's dementia. Smell will go away forty years before a tremor, and Parkinson's occurs, or your memory loss and Alzheimer's occurs. So what you want to do is practice smelling. Just like you could do physical exercises at the gym, you got to do sensory exercises to help you smell better. And what you do. The best smell test is the peanut butter test. How far can I hold the peanut butter can from my nose and still smell it. The further the better. And then you check the right side versus the left side, and if one side's weaker, you got to do a few extra reps on that side. Start exercising your senses. Do smell exercise. You want to improve your vision, do vision exercises. The best vision exercise is called a brock string exercise. The brock string exercise you can get that at our offices or you can, you know, just buy it. The brock string are basically it is a bunch of beads that are on a sh string and you focus at the closed speed, the middle the farbeads and their eye exercises to improve your near and far vision. Your vision can improve as you get older. My vision's improved for seven straight years by doing ie exercises. Every single year my vision gets better. And I've had the worst vision my whole life. I've had glasses ever since I've been in elementary school as long as I could remember, and they would get worse every year up until about seven eight nine years ago, when I started doing eye exercises. Then my near vision and my far vision started to improve. I had really bad posture growing up. I've been doing it all the time for the past thirty years, and I'm still working at it. You want your posture improof, you gotta do posture exercises. You want your vision to improve, you gotta do vision exercises. You want your memory to improve, you gotta do memory exercises. This is not rocket science. If we want our smell to improve, we gotta do smell exercises. You want your hearing to improve, do hearing exercises. You want your reading to improve, Read more. You want to be faster, run more. You want to be stronger, Do more push ups. You want to have a better strength of your core, Take on pilates. This is not rocket science. Whatever you want to improve, you could do it. You just gotta work at it. You want to improve your memory, you gotta do memory exercises. There's a great test, a brain test. It's called the SCAT six SCAT and the number six. And you could do different memory exercises, and you know, they'll have a list of ten words, and then you gotta memorize the list of ten words and see how many you could repeat back. I'll give you a bunch of numbers and then you got to repeat the numbers backwards, or you got to start from eighty and subtrack seven's. And you know, there's all these brain and memory exercises, and you could do this at home. You really kind of need a partner to do this. We do this a lot at my office. It's called the SCAT six. It's a diagnostic tool to help find out if there's any areas of the brain that are not functioning right, if there's memory problems and so on and so forth. So you got to practice your memory. You know. A simple test is to just write your grocery list, memorize the grocery lists, and then try and do it off your memory. Go into the supermarket and try and say, okay, I got these twenty items. Let me see if I can get all twenty items. Not At the end, you can always obviously double check just to make sure that you got everything that you needed. Remember people's phone numbers. You know, we don't have to do that anymore more, Well, you do have to do it because you want to be that one percent. You want to be the ninety nine percent. Just put it in your phone book. Never remember it. You want to be the one percent. Then you remember the phone number. You want to be the one percent. Remember your grocery list. You want to be the one percent. Don't use your GPS, use your brain. Remember the address, remember the directions. Your brain is like a muscle. You use it or you lose it, and that way you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future to diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Camplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. So there are four lobes of your brain, the frontal cortex, the parietal cortex, the temporal cortex, and the occipital cortex. The parietal cortex that's more the sensory area of the brain, and that's responsible for what's called proprioception. Now, we have a lot of patients that come to us to say they feel disconnected, they feel like they're not part of their body, and they feel like they're viewing themselves from outside, or they feel like their brains has one thing, but their body does another thing. It's disconnected. These people have an issue in their parietal cortex. Or some people might be a little clumsy, drop things, bump into things, they might be tripping over their feet. This is also an issue in your parietal cortex. If you have difficulty at night time when there's no light to help you see and it makes your orientation off, or it's hard to drive, or it's hard to walk or move, or you know, you get up in the middle of the night and you bump into things or you hit things. That's also your proprioception. That's from your parietal core text. If you have troubles with slow eye movements following an object back and forth, like a tennis ball match or something like that, that can also be an issue in your parietal core text. Or your vision's off or it gets you dizzy, or you got blurry vision or double vision, or you can't follow properly or read properly. You got to read the same sentence over in the book, you know, stuff like that. So if the eyes are off sometimes that can be an issue with your parietal core text. That's your sensory. If you have poor balance. When you close your eyes, have no idea where you are in space. That's not good. You do that propioceptive awareness, which is like, uh, okay, somebody touches a spot on your body, can you touch that same exact spot? Are you connected? Are you aware? That's your proprioception. Or if you uh in New York City and you come out of the subway and you've all disoriented, which way's north, which way's south, you don't know where you are. That from the parietal cortex. If you confuse your laps and rights a lot of times, that's an issue in your parietal cortex. Every time your mean left, you say right. Every time you say right, you mean left. Okay, that's an issue in your parietal cortex. If you have weird sensory sensations on your body, I feel like bugs are crawling, or the wind's blowing, or there's something in your shoe, or you know, the tag is itching you on your shirt, or you feel like there's something on your skin and then it's not there. That is an issue in your pariety cortex. The parietal cortex is the sensory part the frontal that's the motor part. So motor is more in the front, sensories more in the back. So this parietal cortex can be treated through certain neurological exercises. One exercise is called stereoagnosis, and what that means is the ability to identify things by touching them right, So you could do like different balls. All right, this is a tennis ball, there's a racquetball, there's a baseball, a softball, a golf ball. Now can I touch these balls and identify them without looking at them but feeling them, whether it's my hands or my feet. That's using your paropioception or another test is graphesthesia. We also use these playing as a kid, where you know you would draw a letter on our skin and you're going to identify the letter, or you draw a number, you gonna identify the number, or you draw a symbol, identify the symbol or some punctuation mark. Anything is where you draw on the skin and then you've got to identify it. That's great therapy for your parietal cortex. If you feel disconnected, if you confuse your lefts and rights, feel weird things on your skin, if you're always chipping off your feet, clumsiness, bumping into things, that means most likely your parietal cortex is dysfunctional, and stereognosis and graphesthesia are two therapeutic exercise that have been proven through neuroscience to improve the activity of your parietal cortex. Now, how do you know for sure if you have an issue in your frontal cortex or your parietal cortex. Stick around to the end of the show, and I'm gonna give you that secret very important, and we're also gonna give you a gift in ways you can get that, all right, So that's your frontal cortex is in the front that's motor, it's also memory, cognitive, executive functions, punctuality, organization, planning, language, social behavior. Even your mictuition center which controls your p isn't that frontal cortex. And then if we go a little bit back, then you got your parietal cortex. That's the sensory. Then we also have your temporal cortex. The temporal cortex, we see that a lot with memory, short term memory and long term memory. The long term memory is on the lower part and the short term memory is on the upper part of the temporal cortex. So depending on what part of the brain is damaged will dictate whether you're gonna have short term memory issues or long term memory issues. That temporal cortex is also involved in hearing. You might get ringing in the ears, or you might not be able to sit at a restaurant with a lot of people talking and follow a conversation because there's too much noise in the background. That's an issue in your temporal cortext being able to filter out that background noise. Could have a balance problem, you know, where you get you walking around like you're drunk or you're falling over to one side, or when you're walking you always lean over to the right or the left. So the temporal cortex is short term memory, long term memory, hearing, balance, it's all involved in that temporal cortex. Okay, the occipital cortex that sits in the very back of your head and that's your vision. It's pretty amazing how this occipital cortex works. It's almost like a human camera because what we see is sort of upside down and flipped, and then for us to make it realistic, our occipital cortex has to flip everything and invert it so it looks normal to us. So a lot of people with visual problems. It could be double vision, blurry vision, light sensitivity. For I say, malpositions of the eyes can have issues in the occipital cortex. Now, most primates have a really big occipital cortex and a small frontal cortex. What separates humans from the other primates is that humans have a really big frontal cortex and not as big occipital cortex. Because we have to use other parts of our brain to make up for that small occipital cortex. We don't rely on our vision as much as other animals do, and that comes from your occipital cortex. That's for vision. Now, underneath your occipital cortex is what's called your cerebellum. That's the mini brain, that's the little brain. Even though it's the mini brain or the brain, it has more neurons in it than the whole brain put together. Your cerebellum is responsible for balance or coordination. Now, these are the tests that the police do when they pull you over and suspect you of drunk driving. Because the cerebellum has so many neurons, it requires so much oxygen, so much blood flow. It is the first area of the brain that's affected when you imbibe alcohol. So the cops will do these cerebellar tests. Okay, walk on a straight line, heel to toe, that's a cerebellar test. Stand on one leg. You should be able to stand on one leg for twenty seconds. If you can't stand on one leg for twenty seconds, you might have an issue in your cerebellum. Or they might do the test where you have to do your finger to your nose or right, close your eyes and touch your finger to your nose. If you miss your nose, that means you have a cerebellar problem. So if you can't walk straight, you can't touch your nose with your eyes closed, you can't stand on one leg, and then you have what's called nastagmus. The stagmus is where they say, okay, follow my light and they bring it to the side and they look for the eyes to go left and right, left and right, left and right instead of staying focused on the target. So they have the stagmus. Whereas like they do this little beating towards that side, and they can't stand on one leg, and you can't walk in a straight line, and you can't touch your nose, they're gonna arrest you for drunk driving even if you haven't even had a sip of alcohol. And it's just that your cerebellum is off. And again, there's lots of ways to tell us, Okay, is your cerebellum off. Is your occipital cortex off? Is your parietal cortex off? Is your frontal cortext off? So there's lots of neurologic tests that we could do to determine where the problem is. So what we do at caplimbrain and bodies get to the root cause of the problem. And we have two offices, one in New Jersey and one in New York City where we do these neurologic evaluations to figure out the root cause of the problem then come up with a natural solution that include no drugs, no surgeries, no injections on ways to rewire your brain through a process called neuroplasticity so that your brain can function at the highest level. Don't come to me if you just want to pill. Don't come to me, you know, if you just want me to fix everything. Patients will come to me when they want the education. They want to do these tests to figure out which areas of the brain are not functioning in optimal levels and what you can do to help yourself to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. More when we come back from the.
Speaker 3: Break, don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric cap every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. So there's all different areas of the brain that have different roles. Now, we also have a part of the nervous system that connects the brain to the spinal cord. That's called the brain stem, and a lot of people call that the amphibian brain. This is part of what's called your autonomic nervous system, which is all the automatic stuff that we don't think about. This is your control center for your heart and your lungs, and your liver, and your prancreas and your spleen and your gallbladder and your esophagus and stomach, and testines and kidneys and adrenal gland and thyroid, your ovariase, your testes, your uteruss, your prostate. All comes from this autonomic nervous system. So it's something that we don't have to think about. Right. You don't think about your lungs and how you breathe. Your body's doing that automatically. You don't think about your blood pressure and your heart rate and pumping up those blood vessels and oxygen and dilating and constricting the arteries and the capillaries. Right, your body's doing this automatically. You don't think when you eat food, Okay, I gotta release the bile and the acid and the enzymes. Your body does this automatically, but what if this part of your brain is not functioning properly. Guess what, You're gonna be more susceptible to diabetes because you're pancreas isn't working properly. You're gonna be more susceptible to pneumonia, bronchitis, anything with the lungs, you know, including stuff such as you know, like pulmonary infections or fluid in the lungs, or you know, stuff that you get like from asthma, or stuff that you get from smoking, or stuff that you get from allergies where you can't breathe properly. You have low oxygen, low energy. Right, So the lungs are very powerful. But if your autonomic nervous system, your brain stem, isn't functioning, it makes you more susceptible to, you know, something like COPD, chronic you know, obstructive pulmonary disorder, or asthma or bronchitis. Right, these are very common, but they're more common in people who have dysfunctioned the autonomic nervous system. If your autonomic nervous system isn't working properly, it's going to make you more susceptible to high blood pressure, to heart problems, to regurgitations, to prolapses where you need stent and proper blood flow and the valves don't open congestive heart failure. So when your autonomic nervous system isn't working properly, they might put you on high blood pressure medication. Don't come to me if you just want that high blood pressure medication. People are gonna come to me if they want to actually get to the root cause of why is your blood pressure so high? To begin with? How come nobody looks at the brain. All they do is give you medication. But your brain controls your blood pressure, Your brain controls your pulse rate, your brain controls the constriction and dilation of the blood vessels. So how come we're not analyzing the brain. Well at cap and brain and body at our offices, we analyze the brain, the heart, the gut, and the lungs. Everything, it's all important. They're all connected, right. So the autonomic nervous system, it controls you're pancreas, if you have diabetes, you're more likely to have an issue in your autonomic nervous system. It controls your gut, do you have ibs ulter rate of colitis. Do you have bloating, get nausea, get constipation, diarrhea, you have abnormal bowel movements. You don't go every day, or you go too many times a day. You really should only go to the bathroom once a day, every morning after you sleep, then during the day, you eat, sleep at night, poop in the morning. If you have to poop after every meal, that's a problem. If you have to pee after every time you drink water, that's a problem. Your systems aren't working properly. You should be able to drink a big glass of water right before bed and still be able to sleep throughout the whole night with having to pay. If your systems are working, if your autonomic nervous system is working properly, so if you have bladder control issues you have if you're any urgency, If you have to wake up once or twice every night to pee, if you can't hold it, you have leakage dripping, if it takes you a long time to urinate, if you don't empty your bladder properly, you probably have an issue with your autonomic nervous system. But what does the eurologist do? They just look at your bladder. So urologists should look at the brain. You're cardiologists, who's the hard expert should be looking at the brain. Right When you have diabetes, they should be looking at the brain. If you have bronchitis, asthma, COPD, should be looking at the brain. Your brain controls everything, controls your hormones, your thyroid. Are you losing your hair? Is it hard to lose weight? You might have an autonomic nervous system dysfunction. Have a tough time getting rid of that belly fat. Maybe your cortisol level is too high. Maybe you're in that fight or flight mode right Your brain controls everything. You can't get pregnant could be a brain issue. Why are we doing all these I YEF and all these medications and hormone therapy. Your brain controls your hormones. If you fix your brain, you will be able to get pregnant. Can't tell you how many patients we were able to help them get pregnant by fixing their brain. Now I have a joke with my wife, say, oh, honey, I got another girl pregnant at the office today because we help them fix their brain and now they're able to get pregnant. How many times have you heard the story where these couple tries to get pregnant. They try to try all these medications IV, YEF, they do surgeries, freeze their eggs, X, Y, and Z. They're never able to get pregnant until they give up and they say, oh, looks like it's not happening for us. And then they don't stress about it. And when you don't stress about it, now your nervous system is gonna function better. Because when you're in stress mode, when you're in that fight or flight mode, your autonomic nervous system isn't going to function properly. So as we improve the function of your autonomic nervous system that gets you out of that fight or flight into a relaxed rest. Digests, breathe and breed right breathe. Either we talking about the lungs and breed getting pregnant, or maybe you have issues with menstruation, you have an abnormal period it's not every twenty eight days, or you're bleeding in between, or you get bloating or irritability, or you get headaches, you get nausea, you get you know, brain fog, you get irritable, you get angry or aggression you get, you can't be around people you get. You know, these are all stuff that happens when the hormones are off, But the hormones are controlled by your autonomic nervous system. You should never get any symptoms with your period. You shouldn't get morning sickness when you're pregnant. You shouldn't have hot flashes or night sweats when you go through menopaus. That means your autonomic nervous system isn't functioning properly. But what do most doctors do here? Take some of these drugs, Take the hormone replacement therapy, Go on the birth control pill. That's messing up your body, it's messing up your brain. That's not what we do with Capitlin brain and body. We teach you how to fix your own hormones. You know, we have a lot of people that come to us for rectile dysfunction. It's because their autonomic nervous system isn't working. We have a lot of people that come to us for low energy. They have adrenal fatigue because their autonomic nervous system isn't working properly. And just like you could strengthen a muscle. You could strengthen your autonomic nervous system. You might have to do some eye exercises or some facial type of stimulation, or some activation of the tongue or some work on your throat. So there are lots of natural exercises that don't include any drugs, medications or injections that can help activate your parasympathetic nervous system so that your lungs work better, you're not as sensitive to allergies or dust, and your heart can work better. Your blood pressure can get back to normal, your pancreas can work better, you can bring your diabetes numbers down, your digestion and can prove your gourd and acid reflux can go away naturally. Your hormones in period, and your lack of libido can improve by increasing function of your parasympathetic nervous system. And that's great news for all of you that there's solutions. Whether it's your frontal cortex, your parietal cortex, your temporal cortex, your occipital cortex, or cerebellum, your brain step, those are all the areas of the brain that can be affected. Now, how do we figure out which areas need the most work? We got to do tests. I'm gonna go over three tests. Each test is five hundred dollars normally, but for the first seven people to call, texts or email, you could get each test for only twenty one dollars, and you can do all three tests for twenty one dollars each for a total of only sixty three dollars. The first test is called a qEEG brain mapping. This is where you wear a cap that has electrodes attached to it and measures your alpha waves, your beta, theta, delta. Alpha is like how you are normally. Beta is when you're really focused in thinking. Theta is when you're daydreaming. Delta is when you're sleeping. So it measures all your different brain maaves and based on the location, it'll tell us do you have memory problems? Do you have anxiety depression? If you have insomnia sleep deprivation. Do you have difficulty shifting tests you have troubles with motivation orization planning? Do you have balance problems, vision problems, hearing problems. Do you have problems with your dopamine your acetyl colin? Do you have intestinal inflammation? Do you have a thyroid problem? Do you have heavy metal poisoning, do you have pathologies, do you have concussion? It tells us all of this stuff. It's non invasive, no radiation. I love this test. It's one of the best tests. Normally five hundred dollars, but you can get it for twenty one dollars. That's the qEEG brain mapping. The second test is called a VNG Video and nostography. Now, this test is where you wear these goggles that have infrared cameras in them, and you follow this red laser light and it goes up and down and left and right and fast and slow and in the dark and with a head turn, and I'm able to measure which areas of the brain are overactive. That creates anxiety, and that creates ADHD and the mind's racing and you get distracted easily, and you get insomnia, and you get anxious and panic and your heart beats too fast and you can't focus and think. That is an overactive brain. The V ANDG picks this up. It also picks up if it's underactive. That's depression, lack of motivation, low energy, slow metabolism. That is the underactive brain. You're always tired, everything's slow, can't think brain FuG poor memory, poor focus, poor motivation. The VNG picks up which areas are underactive, which areas are overactive, because sometimes we only have to do things on one side of the body to balance it out. That's the V and G. Also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email you can get that for only twenty one dollars. The last test is a one on one with me, yours truly, doctor Eric Caplan. Right, go over your memory, your balance, your lungs, your heart, your stomach. We review your VG your brain mapping, your blood work, your balance, your gait, your posture, your alignment, your strength, your energy, your oxygen levels. It takes about forty five minutes to do everything. Normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email you can get it for twenty one dollars. All right, so here is the phone number to caller texts and just say you listen to boost your brain power. You want to do all three tests, right. The phone number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at kaplinbrainebody dot com and just say you want to do all three tests. You want to be the one of first seven people that listened to the Boost your Brain Power radio show. If you like to show you are more information, you could get my book which is called Boost your Brain Power, a Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus. You can get that on Amazon. When you put in boost your Brain Power, make sure brain power is one word, you'll see a picture of a big blue brain with like all these electrical signals on it. That's my book. It's the seventeen ways that have been proven through neuroscience to improve your memory and focus. Definitely get a hold of that. Also, you can go on social media. We're on Facebook. My page is called Caplin Brain and Body. We're also on YouTube. You could like subscribe and comment. Our page is capl and Brain and Body. We're also on TikTok. My page is doctor Eric Kaplan and we're also on Instagram and that page is at Caplan Brain Body. You can follow us to get weekly health tips, neurological clues on how to improve your body, and you can gain a lot of information and join a good, healthy group of people who want to improve their brain so that they can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to boosh your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.