Speaker 1: Keeping you informed. Dad's up to date now more than ever.
Speaker 2: I checking throughout the day so I know what's up.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC The Talk Station eight o six Here fifty five KRC the Talk Station. A very happy Friday Eve to you, Thank you to my wife. We were talking about Bernie Moreno there with Donovan Neil for Americans for Prosperity. He is doing a meet and greet at Price Sal Chilly tomorrow. I forgot to mention that, Thank you, Paul. Let furtherminder. It happens at four pm Price Sal Chili on Gunway Avenue. Go to event right to sign up our SVP without further ado. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, one of the most important races here in Hamilton County this November. The Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office, we need to be tough on crime. We know what the aftermath of being a week on crime does to cities. We've seen it before our very eyes. Someone who appreciates that won't let it happen in Hamilton County. Our Prosecutor, Melissa Powers, Welcome back to the program. Melissa Powers. It's always a pleasure to have.
Speaker 2: You on Thank you so much, Brian, good morning.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for keeping us while people who were interested in being informed. I can only do one thing, and that's encouraged you to check out Melissa Powers Hamilton County Prosecutor Facebook page, where she provides an illustration of what happens when we have a bunch of woke judges dealing with criminals own recognizance bond, which means there's no money involved. They let them out and under a promise that they're going to return for their court hearing some pretty dangerous people that you highlighted just recently, Judge Samantha Silverstein, and I'm staring at this Drake Eaton. Guy entered an occupied home. When officers get there, he rushed at them and assaulted a police officer, and after being put in handcuffs, he continued to disobey commands and resisted r F by attempting to run away own recognizance bond. He didn't have to pay a buck. That sounds like a rather dangerous person, Melissa Powers, I would.
Speaker 2: Agree with you, Brian. The listeners need to understand that, oh, our bond means that you're released, there's no supervision, no house arrest, just put right back into the same neighborhood, back into the community without any type of supervision by the court, and they're given a court date. So when you have a violent, dangerous offender, we're concerned about that they're going to continue to hurt other people in the community or even the victims of This was the home invasion and occupied residents broke into a home of burglary. I think that's everybody's worst nightmare, you fear that. That's why we lock our doors at night, that's why we have alarms and to allow this person to go right back out onto the street. And then he was confronted by officers and assaulted and was violent with officers. So this is a dangerous person. This is somebody that should stay behind bars as the case makes it way through the criminal justice system. But that's why I think it's really important for the community. We may we put these this information up so that people are aware of who the judges are, because when I'm out there talking to people, they're outraged by these decisis and they can't understand why this is happening. So the voters need to be informed, pay close attention to the judges on the ballot in November. There are seven of them. It's going to directly impact our public safety. Our safety politics should not come into play here. It doesn't matter if you're a Democrat, an Independent, or a Republican. I think we all want law and order judges. We all want to feel safe. No one should fear walking into a grocery store, walking down the street, going downtown to a restaurant, sending your children to school. Our neighborhoods should be safe, our homes should be safe, and judges have a responsibility to do that. I'm going to continue to speak out because it's not being covered by the press. People don't know this, and when they find out about it, they're just outrage. They just can't believe it. Back in twenty twenty two, you know, voters across the state, not just here in Hamilton County, made it a constitutional amendment that required judges to consider public safety when setting bond. It had seventy five percent of the vote, so again it didn't matter what your politics were. The voters spoke very loud, very clear on this. But despite this, we still have judges in our county her making bond decisions, allowing mylin offenders to right back down into the community. So this November there are a number of judges. Please make sure that you're paying attention that you're looking for the law and order judges and don't just vote your politics.
Speaker 1: Well, remind my listeners, a judge has an obligation to the community and that part of the service to the community is sitting on the bench, is to consider a variety of factors when setting bond, but also at sentencing. So you've got bond here, and that's one thing. And you mentioned we had to pass a law in Ohio to have forced judges to consider public safety, which they were supposed to do anyway, but woke judges wouldn't do that. But then when it comes to sentencing, these judges are notorious for issuing and handing out very lenient sentences even after conviction. So there's a two fold component to the liberal judges. But insofar as what they're supposed to consider when determining bond, what are the other factors? We have obviously safety in the community, but it's also things like flight risk and others.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right. So when you said a bond you look at there's a number You've got a lot of information in front of you. Even though you might not know every single fact on the case or you know the nuances of a case, you have the basic facts to be able to make a clear decision on how am I keeping somebody safe if I release this person back down into the community. And as you said, the other piece that you've got you balance that with is public safety and then flight risks. So we want to make sure that people come back for their court appearances. But the thing that I'm concerned about the most is our safety, and I will continue to speak up and fight against those judges that put your safety at risk. Factors that we look at just the baseline, look at okay, these basic facts that you just read about Drake Eaton. Is it not to tell somebody that this is a violent, dangerous person. This person may be in a crisis. We need to be concerned and do we want to put this person back out into the community and allow him to be back out in the community. So what we have are these judges that they have beliefs of no cash bail, so nobody should have to post any money to be to be released into the community. But that cash bail ensures that they will be held, and that's what we fight for. We want them to be held because that's what the purpose of cash bail is and is to keep us safe.
Speaker 1: Well, and I know you're committed to keeping our community safe. The police department are committed to community keeping the community safe. They go out and they do the arrests and gather evidence handed over to the prosecutor's office, who endeavors the prosecute folks of the full extent of the law for the crimes they've committed. The weak link in the chain in Hamilton County right now unless someone votes you out of office, which is going to make it that much worse. Are the judges so And I know a lot of folks are like, I don't know anything about judges. I'm never in front of the courts. It's difficult for people to discern who the tough on crime judges are and who the ones are. And I suppose one canmediately default to the judges that have been endorsed by the Republicans, who as a matter of party platform, are tough on crime or seek to be tough on crime and supportive of the prosecutors as well as the police.
Speaker 2: You are right. I mean that could be the default position for sure, because too many on the other side, and they are buying into the social justice reform. Know, cash bail, criminals have more rights and they have over victims. They're trying to correct the systemic failures of the system. And I'm okay with reform, but don't do it at the expense of a public safety. And they're adopting this very liberal, very radical ideas that have calmed and put and you can see it across the country. So many cities have fallen into decline because of the crime rates. And when you're releasing somebody that can hurt another victim that will continue to commit crime, you are making our city less desirable to live in. And then if we have that, if people move out, they want to move to safer communities. We have businesses that then don't do well and they don't succeed and they leave, and so it just is a tumbling conspiral, you know, out of control. And we've seen it across the country. Cities that I used to love to go to to visit, such as New York Chicago, you know, you don't really have a desire to go there because of what you're seeing the crime rates. But here in Cincinnati, we're seeing almost every night somebody is you know, I read in the paper or see on the news there's been a shooting. Somebody's been shot. So to me, it's very clear if you have a firearm, you're committing crime with the firearm. You shouldn't be out, you shouldn't be released. And too often as people are being released as well, we need people to be speaking up and the voters need to be paying attention on the judges, and we need a change against these foremlinded judges who really want to reimagine the criminal justice system. So there's decisions being made every single day that has a direct impact on your life because it affects rising crime rates, which affects your safety. So look for those law and order judges. We want them back in the courthouse because we want to keep This is I think a pivotal election this November for local for Hamilton County because you're going to have a choice. I'm on the ballot as well, and you're going to have a choice between somebody like me that's law and order. With thirty one years of experience in the courtroom, I've had it from every angle, prosecutor, defense attorney, judge. I've handled tens of thousands of cases. I've had complicated serious cases, in jury trials that includes murder and rape. I saw the seventeen year old cold case when I was a prosecutor that was a double homicide. That was by obtaining the confession from a serial killer. I started our first veterans treatment court, and in juvenile court, I started the first juvenile Assessment center to divert low risk juveniles from the Jesse Center that I'm fighting for you. I'm fighting for your families. I'm fighting for your neighborhoods. I'm fighting for those that own businesses because I'm committed to keeping the criminals, the violent criminals off the street, make sure we have accountability when a crime has been committed, when that over reduced crime rates. And the main thing is is to keep the guns out of hands of criminals that over convicted balons or juveniles. I mean, you've put that and then they put me up against them. You look at the other side. We don't even know where my opponent stands on the critical issues of public safety. We have no idea. She's not speaking out she's not speaking up against keeping violent offenders behind bars. We don't know where she is, and we just have to assume that she's subscribing to the George Soros policies that have caused chaos in many many cities throughout our country. So just remember this November, it's all about public safety here low locally. We need you to be informed. We need a prosecutor that's going to prioritize your neighborhoods, who stand up to judges that make decisions bad decisions. So from me, I'm approven, I've got the experience, and I'll continue to speak up against judges who put your safety at risk.
Speaker 1: Melissa Powers, wonderful hearing from you. I appreciate all that you're doing for Hamilton County and the residents. Powersfoprosecutor dot com learn more she is on the issues, our background, all of her wonderful her record which she just summarized right there very briefly, And an opportunity to request the yard sign and donate to Melissa Powers campaign, which we'll have encouraged all my listeners to do. Melissa Powers, You're always welcome on the Morning show. Keep posting those ridiculous outcomes from the various judges. That's one way my listeners can actually get in touch with reality. That's Melissa Powers Hamilton County Prosecutor website rather on Facebook. She does it regularly throughout the week. Thank you for what you're doing, Melissa Powers. I'll look forward to talking to you again and keep up the great work.
Speaker 2: Thanks Brian, you have a great day.
Speaker 1: You too. My pleasure. It's eighteen to fifty five. Care seeing the talk station and get your car to Foreign Exchange where you'll save money. I love saving money, you know me. I will not sacrifice. You know I won't take money savings if it's going to sacrifice the quality of the service I'm getting. No, I want superior service, and I'm always willing to pay for it. But the great thing about Foreign Exchange, when you're getting your traditional imported car fix, whether it's from Asia or Europe, is you don't have to sacrifice on the quality of the service. You're going to get a superior service, a sc certified Master technicians, a family friendly environment that really nice people that work there, and they will fix your car. You will get a full warranty on both parts and service and you won't pay as much as the dealer. Nothing but great news at Foreign Exchange. Been going there for years and years, always fixing the cars. Obviously, I can rely on it. I got a warranty, never had to make good on a warranty claim, that's for sure. They always fix the car right and they will for you too. And it's a nice thing having a lot more money in your pocket when you walk out, because, let's face it, automobile repairs like everything else, are getting more and more expensive for and just a whole host of reasons. Foreign Exchange, Westchester is where I go. Take the take an I seventy five whichever direction you're coming from, but just head east on Tylersville, two short streets, just a real quick jog east, hanging right on Kingland Drive. You'll run right into it. Tell them Brian said hi. When you do, and when you call them up for the appointment, that number is five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. You'll find them online at Foreign X four. In the letter X dot com fifty five KRC, iheardreading