Speaker 1: Ying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is Thursday, May twenty second, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: This is Sparta.
Speaker 2: I mean host Jason Straighthorn along my co oh Cedric Swerve and Irvin.
Speaker 4: Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, hit him with the swerve, hit them with the swerve. Yes, sir, how you being, brother, oh Straat Just one day at a time, Brother, one day at a time.
Speaker 3: How you doing. I know it's a big day to day for you, brother, big day. We getting that, you know, img.
Speaker 2: You know we're down here in Bradington, Florida for graduation celebration. You know, were Cayden who did sign with the University of Michigan, but he is back in Florida to graduate.
Speaker 3: He's practicing tonight.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's the official day that all hearts are warm and heavy and thanks. We're gonna have a chorus life because they are the official sponsor of This is Sparta. You know, brother Cody's in town. Everybody Mom, Lisia Gadriella as well.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a big event.
Speaker 2: And you know a Mairi's coming up soon my right Irvine year.
Speaker 4: But I'm a salute. I'm gonna drink this course life for my nephew.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, we're gonna do it, man. So listen, you know we weren't here on Tuesday this time of year. We are going to a one show per week time because of the lot of stuff, a lot of moving parts going on. We're bringing you a new content and maybe a little rebranded happened a little bit too, as we continue to build on this great network that we have here establishing this is spider Mshu.
Speaker 3: You know, all things that can stay and beyond.
Speaker 2: You know, there's gonna be a lot of beyond now as we continue to go into the summer months before we get into that Spartan football and all what's going on in the Big ten and beyond.
Speaker 3: There's so much happening in college athletics that we felt like.
Speaker 2: We'd be doing your injustice just to talk about one school all the time, because there's a lot of other things going on that really are pertinent too.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That's a big word, I know, important for all of our fans. Were If you think about that.
Speaker 4: You sound like you graduating the day too, straight like like you you you're gonna be cool, my live, cool, my lite what like yeah, yeah, yeah, you sound like you know what I'm saying. You you you you had that on your robe. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you gotta have all that. Man, you gotta graduate with honors and all that.
Speaker 4: Three point No, not me, not me. I just I just had I made across the stage straight. I just made that, just ma. I ain't need no decoration, I ain't need no extra none of that. I just want to give me, shake your hand. I ain't doing no dance straight.
Speaker 3: Did you see?
Speaker 4: I know it's off, but did you see? First of all, we're going to five our people. You know, you had the one guy president. He get up, he's speaking all grade. He's saying, when you come cross the strade, you would come cross the stage. It ain't gonna be none of that nonsense, none of that dance this and this. But then he says, we are gonna do the boots with the fan.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I said, come on though. And then I'm just into the graduation. Come a nephew graduating in a few hours. And then I saw another one. They would dancing. Everybody came cross, if they was in the fraternity, they did they you know, they did their thing and they were who.
Speaker 3: Come on though, so.
Speaker 2: Graduating in work. But if you score a touchdown, though, you better do a little something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta get to hit him with this word. Hit him with this word what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But the President came on, he said, don't come across the stage with all that dance and ship boom boom. But then he said, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna do the fans in the boot, you know. And I can see rat now of Mama Hall with the fans go, Mama Hall, Go, Mama Hall.
Speaker 2: Mama Hall got a big season coming up. Her babies ready to get a get after somebody's ass. You know what I'm talking about. Gordon Hall, linebacker extored there from Michigan Stateium. Man, we can't get ahead of ourselves, swear. We got to talk about our jam packed show. But first these messages from our friends over at gray Matter exchange great matters.
Speaker 5: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Gray Matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, that gray matter change. Great partner and love them. Got to call them if you want to save money for nothing. You know he mail stuff call listen swear. College athletics been changing. We know what's going on nil Transfer portal and there's a lot of people trying to put guardrails. Guardrail. They gotta put caps, guardrail, cap and guard real. They don't up the players to get make too much money and get out of control because it's not good for the game. Whatever that means. So our old coach hey sous you call him, I called him coach Savan. Nick Saban a few weeks ago went to Washington, d C. When he went out there, apparently you know, he was you know, just just a lot talking with the President Trump and there was all this talk, you know, news reports out of that saying that there may be an executive order signed by the President staying that he would do something about college athletics.
Speaker 3: President didn't say no, but what he did say was.
Speaker 2: We can start a commission, and he named Nick Saban and a billionaire out of Texas Tech, to be the co chair of this commission. And today looks like the President has put pause on it. But we got a clip about the coach with Hey souss.
Speaker 6: Here about the commission. First of all, Secondly, I'm not sure we really need a commission. I think that, you know, a lot of people know exactly what the issues are in college football and exactly what we need to do to fix them. I think the key to the drill is getting people together so that we can.
Speaker 3: Move it forward.
Speaker 6: So you know, I'm not opposed to players making money.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want anybody to think that. I just think the system that we're you know, the way it's going right now, it's not sustainable and probably not in the best interest of the student athletes across the board or the game itself. So I think we need to protect the brand and the competitive advantages and disadvantage that are being created right now, and I think we can we can fix all that. But I think we know how to do it, and I think not just me, but a lot of people. We just got to get everybody together to do it.
Speaker 3: Whether you really.
Speaker 2: So words there by coach hat Sus there in Pine Paul Fine Bomb show at a golf tournament.
Speaker 3: There So Swert, what do you think about the state Jesus, you know the.
Speaker 4: Thing that pisss me off is when guys want to have control. If that makes sense, I don't know, if you know, like Saban had in his contract from my understanding, that he had to make one dollar more if he wanted national championship.
Speaker 3: You understand I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And what I mean by control, like Sam, you retire, you finish, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's pissed off.
Speaker 4: About a quarterback getting twelve million dollars and this, and he would love for it to be like everybody get the same shit, But that's not reality. That's just like every coach didn't get the same amount of money. You wanted one dollar more than the highest.
Speaker 3: Paid when you won exactly. Yeah, Like come on, not just that.
Speaker 4: You know, if you, if you, if you ranked that you're the number one recruiting class, if you, if you're graduating. Everybody got these raisers and these bonuses. You know what I'm saying. Yep, Like a lot of these kids getting paid now, and a lot of guys who when we played, we didn't get paid, like a lot of us like, okay, shit, go get that money. You know you probably got something that nb the situation, but you know you got Trump calling savings and putting something together and then.
Speaker 3: The bigger there in Texas. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 4: We don't get a former player. You don't get a guy that from the slums that made it out like y'all a voice.
Speaker 3: That's the shit that pisses me off. Why them too? Right?
Speaker 4: You understand what I'm saying. And then so you know, and I understand it saving. I mean, I know you you know I'm not gonna say anything, but come on, let these kids get paid. Y'all get paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh, we get the right tea people. We know how to fix them. Well, shit, it has been going on three four years now. Mm hmmm hmm yeah, great point.
Speaker 2: Listen, you know when you bring up the guys that are going to fix it, and why didn't they have a former player or somebody that's out there actually doing it, I mean that you're talking about something called collective bargaining. That's why the NFL, NBA, NHL, major League Baseball, and beyond most pro sports have collective bargaining. That's why they have salary caps and you know contracts. You know, they have a lot of language within that process of collectively bargaining that prevents last, so people have to honor contracts. Right now, what we're seeing the college athletics and lawyer in America is challenging what the NCAA is doing, the administration is doing, because it doesn't stand up to the to the laws of the land in the United States. You take this to a federal court, and the federal judges are siding with who the athlete.
Speaker 3: That's who they're citing work. That's that's the law.
Speaker 2: What they're trying to do is get anti trust exemptions, which you know, anti trust is usually that means you're breaking the law, that's against the law to have a monopoly. And they're saying, let's have an exemption for an industry because they say it's not sustainable. You know, we're talking billions upon billions of dollars. It's not sustainable. So, you know, I would like to have someone give us a you know, explain it to us like we're kindergarteners, not kindergartener, Kenny, kindergartner. Explain it to me like that, how we are insolvent as an entire collegiate athletics department. You know, in my opinion, maybe some of them may need to be privatized. That that's something that's gonna probably come at a stadium near you in certain sports. And I don't think it's a bad thing privatization like bring bab Man, sell the sizzle, bring more excitement, Maybe move some schedules into different parts of the year so that the TV viewership, because right now we're entering into that after these crazy playoffs we're gonna get to in the NBA in a moment as well. What else we have to look forward to. It's a dearth of actings, nothing going on. It's a desert of what we can look at until football comes. That's why we're so starved come late July. But man, listen, so I think you hit the nail on the head. There is one today, just today, just a few hours ago, that came out at the University of Tennessee. The chancellor and the athletic director did come out and make a statement. Here.
Speaker 3: I think we have the clip. Is that a right, producer? Shallow? Let's see if we have it.
Speaker 7: Twitter is as a leader outside of ut trying to do something about all this change is happening so fast, well, actually not fast enough.
Speaker 3: You might say, not fast enough.
Speaker 2: No, I know.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, how on a daily basis, how do you do both? You lead here and I see you you can't stop yourself from trying to lead there.
Speaker 3: So talk about that a little bit.
Speaker 7: That your dad didn't.
Speaker 3: Have to do that.
Speaker 8: No, it's challenging, and I see you struggling with the same thing. You know, our job is to lead the University of Tennessee, but we also have a national issue in college sports. That's it's a real problem. I talk about like the Tennessee hat versus the college sports hat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 8: I've been probably wearing the Tennessee hat a lot more recently thinking about just what's our what's our opportunity to be competitively excellent in this new world. But uh, it's a it's a real issue.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: We could go on and on about what we need, but uh, I'll say it. We got a camera on us. I don't really care.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 8: Collective bargaining is the only issue.
Speaker 3: It's the only solution to get there. Yeah, yeah, I agree with you. Wow, that is university.
Speaker 2: You're going to see athletic Director Danny White and Chancellor Don't Holban.
Speaker 4: So straight break it, break it down for some of the people like if I was in the chat, right and I know it's gonna be some people in the chat saying, what's the collective bargaining.
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 2: So collective bargaining is where you have both sides. You know, you have all sides come to the table. That means administration. You know, that's the athletic directors in the in the administrators the n c a A, because you know the ncaa A, it's kind of made.
Speaker 3: Up of all the chancellors and presidents.
Speaker 2: That's who represents the universities, not the athletic directors. Like you think athletic directors are more in the conferences, Like we're in the Big ten at Michigan State, so the athletic director is basically it handles that Big ten business. But on a national stage it's the chancellors and presidents and Michigan State we hold on the president. At Tennessee, it's a chancellor. So you have those people at the table. In pro sports, it's the owners that's kind of that's the ownership side, and then the players. You gotta have the actual athletes coming to the table with their attorneys. Ownerships attorneys, players attorneys and they sit down and they hammer out agreements and it's not an easy process, but it's fair ultimately, you know, pound the flesh for each side, you know, both people feeling like they may have lost a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's usually where.
Speaker 2: You come to an agreement on something because nobody's going to be completely happy about it right now. Listen, the NCAA and the administration is feeling and I you know, I don't think the day goes by where I'm not next to somebody who's saying, you know, this NIL is bad for sports. You know, I hear it all the time. I'm sure you hear this R. I'm sure you hear that from somebody, and I always have to ask a questions why. But you know when we talk about it and they start to say, well, maybe it's the transfer portal, which that I get it. It's the transfer portal, but it's kind of been grouped together with you know, athletes are getting paid, which makes the game bad.
Speaker 3: And we had to get out of that mindset.
Speaker 2: Because we got out of that mindset hundreds couple hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: I thought we did.
Speaker 2: You know, putting dollar amounts on players and athletes heads is something that went on here in this country, you know, which we try to forget about, right, we try to get past.
Speaker 3: So what we're doing now is kind of go back to that. We can't. We can't do that. It's not going to work in any capacity.
Speaker 2: And I applaud the Chancellor of the universit Tennessee and athletic director at Tennessee as well for coming out publicly in stating this. So the only way you can get to that collective bargaining and get you know, the athletes and the administration to get together, you gotta be employment employees. We have to get off of this idea that it's just amateurism and it's college athletics is just amateurism. And they you know, they're gonna I don't know, they get the free rooming board, and that's that they're getting paid. Now, you're not gonna put that horse back in the barn, the toothpaste up to the genies out the bottle. All that shit's true. So we how to find a way a path forward, which is more if it's fair for all sides. I think that's that's what the struggle is. But until you get to employment, you can't get to collective bargaining and If you don't get to either one of those, it's going to be the wild wild West as it is right now. You ain't seen all of it yet. It's getting ready to get crazy over the next in my opinion, twenty four to thirty six months.
Speaker 3: I know because the reason.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump didn't sign an executive orders because he don't want to stick his hand in that shit.
Speaker 3: Let's keep it real. This is different now.
Speaker 2: He'd rather fight China than to fight all the athletes here in the United States and all those families.
Speaker 3: And that's a real statement. So does that make sense?
Speaker 2: You get it on?
Speaker 3: You got the iron crossed the teeth from me.
Speaker 2: Brother man, Hey, this is huge when you talk about the gravity of what's going on right now, and you don't hear a lot about it, the details.
Speaker 3: But this is what you come here for to get the details of.
Speaker 2: What's going on behind the scenes, and you know the undercurrents. I believe there's supposed to be a I don't know. There's the July first date is a huge date that all coaching staffs are afraid of, some are excited about, because that's when this you know, this, this house settlement is supposed to be kicked in the gear with the revenue share, that twenty point five million dollars that goes to all the big schools and they're going to divide it up and the schools will be paying that. And we just lost an athletic director because you know, in hindsight, this is something that we talked about on this show add nauseam to we are blue in the face over and over and over again about how other schools are not only doing that, they're also raising money outside. And now now I think we in each lands and and Spartan country are starting to understand that to be true. But either hey, listen, I don't think there's ever going to be complete parody. I mean, there's not parody in all the pro sports.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: It's it's competitive at the pro level because the talent is what it is, knowing so many spots, when you have so many colleges and so many until they kind of liquidate, are consolidating to smaller lead man, it's gonna be a disparity. You can't have one hundred and thirty great teams. There's not that many great players. So it's the open market, right, it's worth the great players gonna go where where they're gonna go SEC?
Speaker 3: What where? Why? Why are they go there? Where the money at? That's that's that's my point, Big ten.
Speaker 2: Listen, in my opinion that Big ten might stop shining to SEC because the SEC led the way when it was under table money. And you know, just like I do, under the table money was five thousand here, fifty thousand there, brown paper bag.
Speaker 3: You know we will right. This is how it was. Now he's talking about twelve million dollar quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Man, you know it's not unheard of to see a tackle in high school getting two two and a half million dollars per year and getting paid while he's in high school.
Speaker 3: We know that to be true. That's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So hey, swir and and and and they're not going to SEC schools. The guys the two tackles were talking about was a Big ten and one was sc acc acc.
Speaker 3: Think about it. It's a crazy world. Brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, as we digress, man, hey, we got more to talk about. You know, listen that that's a lot to cover right there. And this is a tape show right now, so we are not seeing the comments live. We would love to get into this discussion live, but we we have a lot of obligations as we talked about already, But first these message from our friends over at I Hop.
Speaker 9: A six dollars never tasted so good. I Hop's Breakfast Faves Combo is now just six dollars, featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, Chrispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cooked to order your way, all for just six part of the new six dollars House Fave's menu.
Speaker 3: Six House Files.
Speaker 2: Wow, gotta love Ie Hot Baby Kyle Farah in the fair Foundation for doing what they do every day at I Hop.
Speaker 3: Man. Listen, let's talk about the hard files and the WNBA.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go that way for a moment, you know, before we seguay to the NBA.
Speaker 3: But the w NBA this past week.
Speaker 2: Full of controversy when you talk about what happened with Caitlyn Clark and Angel Reese.
Speaker 3: Do we have the clip of the file here? Swear? I need you to break this down for me, all right, Stray, Let's check this out, all right?
Speaker 4: Reese goes up, No, no, no, if you go back, if you go back before Reese goes up, before that shot, this is why. I got a lot of respect for Kateman. And you're gonna see her point at the file. Her teammate was pushed in the back. It was no foul call, right, So now if you push my sister and y'all not gonna recognize it, guess what I'm fin the file? This bitch hard. That's what she did, right. Boom, she pointed, y'all ain't say nothing. Okay, boom five right and walk away, and then look at her sister. Huh, don't touch it. You go over there, Caitlyn, I got this. Get your ass over there. This ain't that I'm about this. I got this. Don't worry about it. We need a triple double. You go on over there. Well, i'ndle this part over here, right, So everybody blowing it up because okay, reason Kaitlyn. You know in this wn BN you need some kind of sitement. But Caitlyn was not wrong.
Speaker 3: She would take it up. Go back some more if you can.
Speaker 4: If you go back, if you go back, Reese pushed, watch she pushed the boom. She pointed, no foure Okay, guess what y'all don't want to call it? Boom, take it upon myself.
Speaker 3: Good point, that point right.
Speaker 4: Nobody recognizing that part. Everybody just focusing on Caitlin Foul and Reese. Yeah, but Reese pushed my teammate in the back and the rep in colon. So guess what I took matters in my own hand and got I'm I'm I'm a riding down for mine.
Speaker 3: Hey, great, am I am? I my sister keeper. That's what Kitlyn said, Yes, I am. Now see great analysis.
Speaker 2: You see that the breakdown right there by the great spur and irving man. I'm trying to tell you, man, tune in, You're gonna learn something. And he say, if you want to win, tap in as my team cleave say so, Look, this is more controversy with a lot of talking heads like me and you are right now start going.
Speaker 3: At it, you know, and taking sides. You know what I mean. This is what's been crazy to me.
Speaker 2: We saw Ryan Clark and r G three, Robert griff the third start.
Speaker 3: A few Do we have clips of this? I mean, man, swear what is going on for me? A little bit of the Ryan Clark there.
Speaker 10: But he does understand hate because I think he also understands the hate of self. When you look at the play, which is all we can speak to as professionals, all we can speak to as analysts. Ajuries pushed one of her teammates, Kitlyn Clark, had a hard file, which is part of basketball. I feel like it was the test correctly and anger Reese's reaction is the sort of reaction you get in a situation when you feel like you took an intentionally hard file. That's competitiveness, that's rivalry, that's not hate. And so now though, when RG three jumps on to the hate train or to the angry train, and now follows along with what we saw from Keith Oberman, what we saw from dy portinoy as they poured on to ajuries to make her the villain and Caitlyn arts heroic or hero story. One thing we know about RG three is he's not having conversations at his home about what black women have to endure in this country, about what young black women and athletes like Angel Reese have had to deal with being on the opposite side of Caitlyn Clark's rise and ascension and to start them. Now, when you look at it, I think Asia Wilson is the face of the league. Asia Wilson is the best player in the league. Caitlyn Clark is the most important player in the WNBA, and a ton of her fandom has come along with some racial bias or some racial pieces to why people.
Speaker 3: Love her so much.
Speaker 10: And so, now, if you're RG three, when is the last time within your household you've had a conversation about what she's dealing with.
Speaker 3: You haven't been able to wow, wow, yo, yo yo. What's up? Everybody? It's your boy RG three. Here's RG yo. What's up everybody, it's your boy RG three.
Speaker 11: And I just wanted to get on here and talk to you guys, because there's been a lot of buzz, a lot of conversations about my sports take that Andrew res hates Skaalen Clark, which was purely based in basketball. But no, there's a line in life that you just simply don't cross. Wives and children are always off limits. And Ryan Clark has sprinted past that line. Ryan Clark didn't like my sports take that Andrew res hates skating Clark, And that's fine, It's okay. It's part of the game sports media. I'm gonna have an opinion. This person might not agree with it. That person might not.
Speaker 3: Agree with it.
Speaker 11: But what you don't do is turn around and personally attack me and my family just because you don't agree with a sports opinion that is purely based off the sport. I didn't make it personal, but what that really shows is just how low of.
Speaker 3: A person Ryan Clark gets.
Speaker 11: But Ryan, across the line, Now.
Speaker 3: You made it personal, and.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think we get we get we get the gist there.
Speaker 3: What's your take on this?
Speaker 4: First of all, Ryan, you don't know what's been said in that manhousehold. You understand what I'm saying, right, That's the thing about these guys, man, and I understand. I mean and I and I blame I blame the the television world. You're getting these guys. You're giving them jobs because of names or whatever. You're not taking them through no communications like I took Come to twenty five straight, you know, come to twenty five, Come three ten like I took those classes. Mike, I ain't take no fucking come come communications classes a broadcast. But you're giving them a microphone and they do, and and we doing that they want us to do.
Speaker 3: Talk about it. You don't understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's some silly ship to say what goes I can't tell you what goes on in your house, straight, so like you can't tell me what goes on in mind. So Rode clock you wrong with that? Why because his wife is white? How you don't know that they may they may talk about that. The kids mixed. I hope that one of the time you can share some kind of history with them. You don't know that, Ryan, that's pull ship right, you know what I'm saying. I'm saying, but why not, Like my argie said, keep it at the sport, Just keep it at your opinion, ou p. He is well, not right or wrong. We just we see what we saw and we'll make him to leave it at that. You don't know what this man talking about when they taking a shower, or when they have a bill of talk, or when they eat uh uh uh the potato side of the don't even know if they got raised.
Speaker 3: I ain't even gonna say that, but I'll be wrong on them.
Speaker 2: You knows, Gord come ball right, but.
Speaker 3: He was the sad part about that. Straight.
Speaker 4: Let's take let's take those guys uh uh uh? Game day yeah, Ohio State. No, let's take the white guys. Do you see them. Do you see them clagging hands with each other? No, you know what I'm saying. Do you see another person going off with the punter? Nobody is a fucking punter. He one of the biggest.
Speaker 3: Come on dog, I didn't even know he played in the NFL. Oh oh oh, you're talking about Pat McAfee.
Speaker 2: Come he got got podcast over his executive's throats.
Speaker 3: He don't give a damn.
Speaker 4: Do you see another white dude going at him and saying what he's doing in his house like he he says some.
Speaker 3: Off the wall ship. No doubt about it.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, I think Ryan was wrong with that comment. You understand saying keep you with this boy, fella, think you're gonna do an tell another brother down to talk about his household. Now they're going back and seeing Ryan got an inerracial baby too. I'm doing it, man, I don't get it right.
Speaker 3: Who wins what all it is? Man? Well, who wins it?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 2: Just the networks in the ratings, and you know it does end up making everybody look a little bad there in my Opinion're right, there's no doubt about it, man. This is a for whatever reason, this Angel Reese and cable and clock thing has polarized that whole the w NBA, and it's it's split down. It's a racial thing, almost like Magic and Bird going all the way back to that, you know. But Magic was more beloved, you know, as a as a player and his image than what angel Reee angel Reese is coming into place. It's a little bit more, a little edgy for people, and they want to like, she want to fight Caitlyn because what Caitlyn believes. I don't know the image. I mean, just play the game, you know. I like the rivalry though I liked the little chippiness every now and then. But come on, let's not make this a race issue.
Speaker 4: I never watched w NBA, like I don't know if I ever will, but I did watch a Klayton cart game, right, you know why because I had to see.
Speaker 3: I had to see and and you want to say racist, whatever I mean.
Speaker 4: It was five white girls on the court playing five black girls on the court. And when I say Caitlyn had forty points and then the other points she was a part of another eighteen points would assist. Oh, I was a fan because I witnessed, you know, And so I don't think it's when he's when Ryan Cass said, oh, you know, it's kind of racist with you know, her fame and her her not No, no, no, people like who they like. And guess what, I'm blacker than all blacks, and I'm a clock from that game, from that college game. I ain't never gonna watch a whole w NBA game unless it's twelve cigars and a whole lot of you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's the only way I can ever do it.
Speaker 4: But I did watch her in college and watch the whole game, not just one thing. I ain't up watching three games because I witnessed and I was a fan, and I'm blacker than all black.
Speaker 3: You don't get no blacker than me?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because Angel Reese won a national title and Caitlyn never did?
Speaker 3: No, I watched Caitlyn. Yeah, I'm just the controversy. I know. I don't think that. I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I just think, you know, respilled some type of way, you know, and Reese is popular, but you Caitland popular, you know, but you got to you got to McDonald saw she got something in the cereal lane, you know, and.
Speaker 3: She got something down there too, you know.
Speaker 4: She had a meal at McDonald's, Wendy's or whatever she know she did hurt he ain't Caitlyn.
Speaker 3: Caitlyn is telling I Arenas, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: She had put her hands on Kitlan because you you probably would have went to jail.
Speaker 3: I smoke. You saw that when she went after she no.
Speaker 4: Fight, don't want to you see who? You know what Kaitlyn said, and ain't. I'm paying the fine? Wow, come on, you can't come on. I love Caitlan. I don't even know y'all stuck up for me. Y'all pushed me away, y'all handled the ben and you get a fine.
Speaker 3: I'm paying for it. It just come out. One of my Kaitlyn only one got a beeper deal. She bring it back. She bringing back to the old beepers.
Speaker 2: You bullshit. I read it on AI the beeper deal. A lot people want beepers. Man, you got smart phones that that ship sails. Brother man, Hey, talking about the move before before we get to the NBA.
Speaker 3: Man, held on, let's talk about our guy over in in East Lancey man, because you know.
Speaker 2: Certain certain times that we've been talking, you know, we bring up certain kids. But this one right here Joseph zero six handed picture. I called it, yes, Big Ten Picture of the Year, hundred strikeouts. First time Missigs State's had a hundred strikeout picture since two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: I mean this guy, hey.
Speaker 2: If he don't go first round, I got a call commissioner, talk to this work.
Speaker 4: It's strange. It's nothing to be talked about. It is what it is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You talk about a guy that's the next Randy Johnson. You know what I mean? And you gotta you got it.
Speaker 4: Ain't no I don't know how many teams in the MLBH thirty all right, it ain't twenty nine better than him that he can't go in the first run.
Speaker 3: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I say he would be playing of the year in the Big Ten, maybe all met with however they do it, you know, I mean the guy and it's important. I wish I could see it in person, but I saw a couple of games on TV.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about boom ninety eight, boom ninety seven, boom all the way into the fourth and the fifth indus, Right, that's that's longevity.
Speaker 3: That's endurance. Yeah, you know I mean the boy was throwing nineties night, late high nineties in the fifth and sixth inning. Yeah oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting next to a guy watching it the highlights and the guy say, hey, the guy sixth inning throwing ninety seven. Oh you know what this is? This type of prob say you know something, you wanted this something, brother, you know, but phenomenal man. And and like you said, we always give him a shout out with his with with the foundation that he's doing and the money that he's giving away. Thank thank goodness to a guy that's in the running, mister Tom. But that's that's a wonderful thing. And I'm just happy for the kid.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: I just wish you really got a chance to go up to a game.
Speaker 2: But hey, you still got You told him he was gonna take him yard, so you gotta go up there soon and stand in that box against the six.
Speaker 3: Ain't lefty.
Speaker 4: On that note, I wanted to give a shout out to everybody that played pickleball right just off the subject. I went out for the first time and I thought it was a bullshit game.
Speaker 3: Straight.
Speaker 4: I saw guys walking out, their old white guys, and I love white people. I love them. They're the best people to me. My kid mixed, so let's not go there. A guy seventy six years old straight, I can't make this up. This is why I'm about to get in shape and I'm about to become a pickleball player. Yeah, I'm getted out seventy six years old and kicked my ass and said this age that was still in my head. I went to the gym yesterday and I was living. I could hear him say, yeah, not bad for a seventy six. Seventy six year old man.
Speaker 3: I was so pissed. Damn.
Speaker 4: But when I say they mastered the game, I mean it's ladies out there straight talking played.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the game my first time playing. No excuse me.
Speaker 4: But when I said I got my ass whooped straight, I'm so pissed off that I'm finna get pickleball conditioned training and I'm finna get I told him I'll be back by August.
Speaker 3: I want the same.
Speaker 4: Seventy six year old man who I'm whooping ass straight. But I salute everybody that played pickaball. I thought it was bullshit. I thought somebody made it up, and they in the suburb house whatever, But man, it's a real oh oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's sweeping the nation. It's big, fastest growing spoil out here right now. Pick a ball.
Speaker 3: Seven yo.
Speaker 4: Man kicked my ass. I gotta salute him, boy, But I'm coming back. I bet you that the next time I come back, we're gonna record and put it on the show in August.
Speaker 3: All right. I don't want I don't want to forget this.
Speaker 2: Zero was also named First Team All Big Ten, was the only unanimous selection the first team, and as Ryan mckaye was named the Second Team Big Ten, while senior Sam Bush was MSU Big Ten Sportsmanship Award recipient. So hats off to the as you say baseball team. They're still playing right now. They're in the Big Ten Tournament. I think they're facing Oregon today once again. So it's they are twelve seed. Only twelve make it to the Big Ten Tournament. They're the twelfth seed, so a long shot, but you got to cheer those guys on today.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of this, it's time to make you talked about Tom Didas.
Speaker 2: It's time to make your niltis charitable with Charitable Gift America. MSU Baseball's dominant left handed pitcher Joseph Zero was giving back to the community once again through his partnership with Charitable Gift America. MSU was originally most Trusted Nil Fund. Joseph and his family and the team did adopt six year old Luca Wright to join the team as their top recruit this season. Luca is currently taking on Luken and needs support of our Spartan community. For every strikeout and that's one hundred that Zero collected this season, he'll be making a donation to the cop Looking for Looka Foundation and directly support Luca and his family. Additionally, the fund is accepting public contributions to increase the impact for this wonderful kid and family. Step up to the play today swear at CGA Athletics dot org. So man, look can't be the kid that's got a big arm and a big.
Speaker 4: Heart a hell of a combination, yeah man, and so close this out today.
Speaker 2: We got to talk a little bit about the NBA. We talked WNBA. But did you see the ending of that game last night? Pacers on the road in the garden in Madison Square and had a sixteen point leaves that what they telling me in the fourth quarter and lost that sulf.
Speaker 3: I mean that shot by Halla Burton.
Speaker 2: I don't know we've got the shot or him doing the Regi Miller choke, but my goodness, swear, that was a hell of a finish in the overtime, even getting the overtime little mona finish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I watched that game straight and and and I thought, you know, the Knicks would run away with it in the fourth kind of light. You know how UH Minnesota lost their first game and you know those guys came back.
Speaker 2: They're hugging and all this. Yeah, so mssrs the free throw. This is it right here. I mean, compliments of TNT right there for a quick little for the for the video. Thanks shutting producer, shine back in the back doing your thing. But swear like that you said talk finish the statement about watching that game last night, Well, if you.
Speaker 4: Go back to the to the Dallas series, I mean not Dallas Minnesota series, you know it was.
Speaker 3: Sloppy first half.
Speaker 4: Whatever come out of second half and okay, see just run away with it. I mean to a game that was closing. Okase ended up going up by twenty some points right at a hell of a fourth quarter. But first half was terrible. I think the lead MVP. I think he was like two for eleven or something like that and then come back and have twenty some point up with thirty some points. But so I thought the same thing would happen with the Knicks, you know, because it was a good game and Knicks had to leave. I just say, okay, you know what, the Knicks finna run away with it. But Nick's top player, Bronson fouled trouble. He got to see this ass down. But then they still hold the front down.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: When he was down, they that's when they kind of took the league, you know. And but Indiana had that one guy that hit like five threes within every every every series they came out of court, they hit like four in a row, and they knew he had the hard hand, and they fed and they kept feeding them, feeding them, feed them, and he was knocking them down. And before you know, they kept chipping away, like he say, chopping wood. They kept chopping wood, chopping wood, and at the end putting the ball in their best players hands and he came through and they beat him in overtime.
Speaker 3: Man, great finish to that game.
Speaker 2: The NBA, there's a lot there's a lot of I mean, they got me back, man, I'm telling you, it's been a long time. I haven't been watching the NBA because it's just been it's a different game. You gotta get used to the threes.
Speaker 4: And I hate basketball now because if you watch that game, everybody shooting threes. Like, nobody plays with their back against the back in the basket. It's no turnaround, boom boom, No take a jump step and throw.
Speaker 3: It's none of that.
Speaker 4: Like, I really, only way I love watching basketball is thank God for my cigar.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason I like. Besides that, it's just everybody shooting three.
Speaker 4: Like, if you're a little kid right now and you have dreams of going to the NBA, you just shoot three like that.
Speaker 3: You you gotta master that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So with Boston, did they they shot sixty three threes? You know, in football, you're on average page you're gonna get in the game, probably sixty or sixty five games total play. Imagine you going the game. They throwing the ball sixty five tight? I mean, as a running back, I'm not running the ball, right you shooting? But they shot sixty five threes? Like, come sixty three? Everybody shooting. It's like you can have a layup, but you gotta look and see if anybody street. But I hate that shit, man, I'm telling you, like, it's just terrible. Mother right up at the rim, let's pass up until get the three. That's it.
Speaker 3: They rather have a three point miss than a two point made.
Speaker 2: That's the way it is right now, he man, final thoughts before we get out of here.
Speaker 4: I just gonna salute you brother and your son. You know, my nephew Kayden Man. Maybe y'all about to graduate in a few more hours and three more hours and you know you already was on college camp. He just came back just to enjoy it, to finish the process. He went through the process. He just came back to get the prize, you know. And I just know that's one of the check the box you check off. You know, son graduates, son in college and.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, even if y'all don't know, and y'all don't know my nephew, like, he's a stand up guy. And I'm gonna leave it at that. Dammit. That's right, brother, But I appreciate that for seed gerving. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're gonna have a happy you know, graduation. Remember next week. Once a week, maybe Tuesday or Thursday. We're gonna let you know which day we're gonna be live next week. It's gonna be different during the summer months because Swerve and Straight are moving around and doing some other projects.
Speaker 3: But that's okay. We are not leaving you Swerve.
Speaker 4: But even with your comments, even with your comments and your questions, if you leave him direct the shun, produce a shun. We'll get those questions and we'll get you. We'll get you back when we go live next week.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. Brother from Swerving Irving, I'm Jason straight Horn. It's a sparta. Everybody. Have a good night. God bless you. Go great, Go White.