Speaker 1: When the sports page where the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine, the games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr R. All right, I believe we got the Bulldog on the horn. I got to ask you a question right now the gate here. Were you surprised with the announcement yesterday that college game days Lee Corso sendoff is going to be at Ohio State and not the Florida State game on August thirtieth?
Speaker 2: I did not even see that. Why are they doing that?
Speaker 1: That's said while they knew that his last you know, game day was going to be that week one, and it was those two games that were under consideration, and they announced that they were going to be in Columbus. Wow, for the.
Speaker 2: Ohio Ohio Ohio State play. They got Texas and Florida State plays Alabama. Yeah. Interesting something. All Florida State was to Florida State was two and ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know the cours of connection.
Speaker 3: I just you know, okay, all right, yeah, all right, and living here in Florida and like Mary.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, by the way, there's a there's a rat controversy. Do you see this lunch down in South Florida where they like to throw plastic rats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they take seats back years from when one was killed in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the players. Yeah, I guess there was a back in nineteen ninety five. There was a big rat running through the old locker room and all these big strong hockey players were acting like a bunch of girls, jumping up on their you know, locker room benches to get away from it. Players. Yah, took a stick and just shot it right against the wall. Hell yeah, slapshot. That's on the guys. Yes, shot of the blood splattered everywhere. And I guess I guess the story got out and then yeah, the plastic rats. Yeah. So after they clabbered Edmonton the other night, a rat was thrown out on the ice. It skids across the ice and there's a trail of what looks like blood. So somebody people were like that somebody actually throw a real rat right onto the ice. It turns out they strapped some ketchup ketchup to the rat. It was bleeding.
Speaker 1: Wow. Hey, I'm glad you brought up the panthers because I don't know if you saw this story. And I have the video that goes along with this. One of the local stations down in South Florida is out covering the game they beat down the other night, and they found this young girl, nine year old girl named Sophia. Sophia who's a huge Panthers fan. They talked to her before and then got her thoughts after the game.
Speaker 2: You got to hear this fighting.
Speaker 1: It was really good and I really liked how they punched each other along. Yeah, after her favorite part of coming to Panthers games fighting.
Speaker 2: Good job. So she's your typical hockey fan, crazy them rights. Doesn't matter if you're a nine year old girl or a thirty five year old man. That's your favorite part of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to see her, she's she's cute as a bus jersey on represent and then bringing that bringing the heat with that. Got that on our Facebook page if you want to put a smile on your faces.
Speaker 2: For There's also another controversy involving the Panthers. There are some other franchises in the league that say, uh, Florida having no state income tax is the reason why the Panthers and the Lightning are able to sustain talent. Oh shut up, that's what they're saying, Oh, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Here's an idea. Why didn't you convince whatever team you root for in whatever state that has income tax to maybe reconsider it.
Speaker 2: Gary Bettman, the commissioner, got a little huffy the other day when he was asked about would the next CBA include subsidies for teams that have state income taxes come so they can compete south wise? Hey, I don't think it's so. I'm not saying they should do that, but I do think in hockey more than any other sport. You know, NBA players make so damn much money, but hockey players they make a lot of money too, but not to the to the extent that baseball players make, and not to the extent that NBA players make. And here's the other thing. Hockey players during the offseason, many hockey players are big golfers. Because it's sort of the same swing, you know, the slap shot in swinging a golf club. Many hockey players are big golfers. So I think when you combine the weather, the fact that you can play golf year round in Florida, and the no state income text, I do think it's an advantage.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I think. It's sour grapes. It's people that live up in Canada that have nothing. Sorry, Canadians, I love all of you. It's not I'm saying the people that are bitch mothers. It's that they live up in Canada and they're getting beat by Florida team year after a year.
Speaker 2: Well, listen to what Panthers star Brad Marshan was asking about this. He's from Canada, he played in Boston for a decade. His quote was, Hey, the Canadian teams, most of them have an extremely high tax rate fifty two to fifty four percent versus a team like in Florida. It's like a he said, it's like a fifteen percent difference.
Speaker 3: It's a different country. Come on, man, it's not really the United States of Canada. We didn't really take them in dog, it's just.
Speaker 2: Taking I'm just telling you what the story is. I'm not advocating anything. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 1: How about how about Aaron Rodgers has been married for a few months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers had his big Ota press conference yesterday. Aaron Rodgers the only man who can turn his marriage into a conspiracy theory, right because because yes, he announced he got married, but he hasn't said who the identity of his wife. It's a tree, it's a it's a it's a redwood. This guy he trive balls.
Speaker 3: He was tripping balls in the redwood forest and married a tree.
Speaker 2: I bet you yeah. I don't know, but yeah, he's become so weird and so ec I don't know whether he's gonna I don't think it's gonna work out in Pittsburgh. But he said the reason he signed what the Steelers was it's good for his soul. All right.
Speaker 1: Uh, we got basketball playoffs today, NBA Finals, Doggie.
Speaker 2: Game three tonight. Finally, after a three night layoff, we get Game three. Oklahoma City versus Indiana back in Indiana tonight. Series tied one one. We'll see what happens. Can Indiana pull off another another upset. I think Oklahoma City is gonna run him out of the gym from here on out, but we shall see. I hope, I hope I'm wrong. I would like to see a seven game series, but I don't see that happening. Alright.
Speaker 1: He is Mike the Bulldog, the Honkey, host of Open Mic Weekdays on adjacent to us AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety Game takes time out from his show, did join us for the Sports page each morning here on JRR.
Speaker 2: By the Way, Happy birthday to two NFL legends, the Great Vince Lombardi in Joe Montana, Boo Lynchen. Taco on demand download the iHeartRadio app