Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF radio sign up today and thank you for the support. Okay, greetings to everybody. Sunday Night live stream looks like Gizzo activated photo with one hundred contacts today and that's pretty cool. Yeah, a good deal. So we're gonna switch over right there, and thank you for joining us tonight Sunday Night live stream Ham Radio two point zero. Be sure to we are monitoring the chat. I was gonna be sure to ask questions if you have any, or make comments or whatever, because we are monitoring the chat and Frank is in the background tonight and I've got myself muted in the zoom so they can't hear me right now, but I can kind of hear of them talking in here, so special shout out to all the folks in green text in the chat YouTube channel YouTube channel members, thank you for joining us tonight. Ed AC three IK was in there first, and then Wayne W five WNR saw Wayne DOSSI in there, Think, what's up, Wayne, how are you? Let's see Jody's in there. V five SAR saw him in there. Uh let's see. Yeah, got stuff there. So appreciate you guys being here tonight. Thank you for the support. So you might recognize that we have maybe done this intenna bill before, okay, and if you do recognize that, I would like to thank you for watching my live streams because you saw that live stream back last earlier this year, like maybe March April sometime in there, and they we'll talk about this, I'm sure after I bring them on. But they they didn't send me all the parts, so I couldn't build it on stream. So we watched Chuck build it, which he did a better job than I probably gonna do anyway. And then that was one of the live streams that disappeared. Yes, Jody, that was one of the live streams that disappeared, because the Thursday before him Vention, I wake up in the morning and we're at the campground at him Vention. I look at my channel and all of my live streams from twenty twenty four were just gone. So opened a ticket with YouTube and went through a few things, and they were able to restore some of them, and I restored a few more of them myself. But some of them, like this one, I'm like, well, you know what, they've sent me the parts for the kid. I still got the kit. They sent me the parts for it that I was missing when we couldn't do the live stream the first time. So I'm like, let's just do another live stream, So why not? So here we are. So I appreciate, appreciate you guys showing up for that tonight. There is a link to this intene kit in the description. Will probably show that here in a minute as well, but uh I will talk about that here in a second. And uh, I just want to right now before we get started, I want to point out that I made a bunch of updates to my website. Right here. You might recognize some new stuff here. I have antennas right here, and some of these I haven't stocked the Dfhong stuff I carry in stock, but these Phara Jay antennas, and these Mellow Wave and the Signal sticks, these are all of my affiliate links here and they go directly to the website. So like view on VF Coms right there and boom it comes up. So you're buying that directly from VF Comms. The pharajay. I'm not selling that to you. I'm just giving you a link to it to my website. Same thing as here. Like that. So perhaps I will add some of these cartenas to this section of my website which I'm expanding. We do have some mystery boxes left or some twenty five dollars mystery boxes left in there, and inside of those is some of this stuff. I added these bugout kits that I've got listed on here. Those I've got some of those kits that I'm putting in mystery boxes. So those are all right there on the website too, So you guys go check that out. I think Frank's mugs are still there. These are on pre order right now. He's gonna want to talk about this later, so I'll let him tell you about that later. But that that is still a thing on the website. Hello, there we go, there it is, and go check that out. Great Vine amateur Radio dot com or shop dot hem Radio two dot com. And you can find that. So all right, let's bring them on. I hear them talking in the background here and now you can see them. You can hear them, but they still can't hear me. Probably by okay, here we go. Let's up. Guys, were just talking about you, I know, I know, I forge. I had you muted on the on obs and I had myself muted to you, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we knew that part.
Speaker 3: We were wondering if you could hear us, if we yelled real loud in the can.
Speaker 1: I could hear. I could hear you yelling, but I couldn't tell what you were saying.
Speaker 4: So it was nothing good.
Speaker 5: I wasn't just me.
Speaker 2: They said something about a wrong link or something.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the wrong link to the aries antenna in the show notes, is it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's our fault. We upgraded it. Well, we'll humbly follow On the sword.
Speaker 1: I did you know when I pulled that up from my computer upstairs and it was showing fine, And then when I came into the shack and pulled it up, it said we've moved go to coffee and him ridos dot com and I'm like, it's not on Square site. Anymore. I guess I don't know the square sucks.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, okay, I can definitely say on stream, live in front of a humongous audience, square sucks.
Speaker 1: Square sucks. Okay from again post that link or yeah we will uh we will get that fixed in the because.
Speaker 2: I can't post, and I'll get it out there.
Speaker 3: In the zoom chat.
Speaker 5: Okay mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't have the Coffee Hood Radio notes up.
Speaker 1: So I did this today.
Speaker 5: It's always part.
Speaker 1: I already did that part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the hardest part.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I know. Yeah, that was the hardest part was the part that Uh so I went back and watched the video, the video that's no longer on YouTube because I downloaded my live streams and then I ripped ripped the audio out and no, I've always done that. I ripped the audio out and I upload them to a podcast episodes on the podcasting audio only podcasting service. So you can find those everywhere, uh, Spotify, iTunes, SoundCloud, all the.
Speaker 2: All the just search radio and you'll find it.
Speaker 1: Well, you can, yeah, you will find those as well. If you want to find something interesting, you'd search for just tam Radio two point zero same logo and everything. So but so I so I was watching this Chuck, and I'm like, Okay, I know I remember because it was several months ago. I was I remember Chuck building this, and I couldn't remember how many turns it was. So I'm gonna get you guys to tie. But Ape made a big how are you doing that?
Speaker 4: It bested up. It wasn't supposed to do that.
Speaker 1: Was it not supposed to follow you? It's following you.
Speaker 3: I'm just it was supposed to follow me.
Speaker 4: But then it followed the beer, and then it just you know, like beer, what it's like.
Speaker 1: Trying to show you the sounds like a smart It sounds like okay, oklahoma, Okay.
Speaker 4: It's everything smart these days? Is not smart enough?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Right? So? Uh so, yeah, apparently it was a One of the points of discussion on the last live stream was that the reason you guys chose nine turns on this because Ape was talking about how the fact you had tested five and seven turns and you saw a minimal difference between saying right, you said something like seven turns performed a little bit better, but it was the the level that it performed better was minuscule. Compared to nine turns.
Speaker 4: And well, it's the difference between thirty two ground radios and sixty four ground radials, like just enough to win a race, but not enough to spend any money on. And we're not racing, so we're okay, that.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, Okay, all right, well but that's you're driven a race car before. That's yeah, So this is it? Make sure, yeah, make sure.
Speaker 2: That Drew does that count?
Speaker 1: This is it right here? So I I started here, and I hope you guys can see that, because my zoom was messed up on you guys earlier. But I started here and I put a zip tie around it, and then I wound it nine times, with the last one coming out the back here. But the question I had that I didn't hear us discuss on the last one was does it matter what order these three colors are in? I kept them the same. I kept them the same, and I put them the way that chucked at them on the live stream on the last stream. But I wasn't sure if that mattered. So explain that.
Speaker 6: Explain what it just matters for the diagram. It doesn't really matter, okay, But if you're if you hook it up the way the diagram is, and you don't have the wires like somebody over there did.
Speaker 4: Well, first, the diagram is left handed. Let's put that out there. The diagram is less left hand because they all this because they Yeah, it only matters in terms of st I told you that you marry the right colors in the right order. It doesn't matter which spiral, crazy stupid you make them on the to roid nor He doesn't care, but we as human start tweaking.
Speaker 2: So so we're picking on smoking ape who's not here don and points out it's all marked night.
Speaker 3: Marked night son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's his Yeah, that's his excuse on Friday nights when we do the Happy r too. So I don't know, I don't know how many Hallmark nights there are in a week. I'm thinking I'm thinking it's like seven, it's on every day.
Speaker 3: I think it's Jason. I think it's code for the old lady won't let me stream again?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, I think that's yeah, yeah, it's kind of I get that to get that impression.
Speaker 5: Myself got the collar, that's right.
Speaker 1: But okay, so here's everything that I've got.
Speaker 6: Give me what colors do you have on your wires.
Speaker 1: On on these on the tour Royd wires red, black, and blue? Okay, good, which I think is the same as you had, Chuck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we had to I think we changed to gray on one of the colors because we couldn't get one of the colors. Oh okay, that is that's solid core wire. That solid core wire actually sticks when you bend in around. Stays better for one. And we found a problem getting it, and we bought some different wire. T O thought he found it and it was hard. Even though it was the same gauge, it was thicker and wouldn't fit. And we're like, that won't work because the thickness of the jack the wire gauge thick.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh yeah so that yeah, the jacket.
Speaker 6: Was so then we had to pick instead of having the same colors that we had originally, we I think we went with the ray if I remember, but I forget which I think the blue we could. I want to do red, white and blue, but we couldn't get all the colors.
Speaker 1: Oh, that didn't work.
Speaker 5: That didn't work. Well, that's at least at that time.
Speaker 1: At least that okay, all right, well, I mean, I obviously the colors don't matter. But my question was was when I asked that a second. My question was mainly around if if it's gonna be like I guess, I guess according to the diagram, if as long as you like, do the the red to the red and the blue to the blue, if you're going to be the same.
Speaker 6: So if you get the wires wrong, just make a note of what you have, how you have it, what order you have them.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 6: And then like if you have black where red goes, then black is now red on the on the chart.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay it makes sense. Yes, yeah it does, it does make sense. I've got the chart here, let me pull it up.
Speaker 5: I wish I could get bigger.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the this is the website where the where the sale pages here, So you guys have it. And I've got that same yellow element wire as well. Orange, I guess that's orange, not yellow colored whatever.
Speaker 5: Orange.
Speaker 1: It's like a whitish orange. It's not a very bright orange orange enough orange.
Speaker 6: Enough, probably because the sof fans around it.
Speaker 5: It looks really good on the winder though. Look at that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I agree, no, I do agree. It does look good like that.
Speaker 3: But it will fade, and then in the sun it does fade.
Speaker 5: You probably never go outside, so.
Speaker 6: Jim's is perfect.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, your intends outside.
Speaker 1: And then this one, this is the build page here, and I just want to make sure I've got all this stuff. I want to make sure I got everything because I put this together last time. Well, I put it in this camera, so I put the sore. We're probably we probably are about halfway done through it. But this I just put the stud in here, which I think is the ground lug, I'm not sure. And then I attached the B and C with the the little lip on it right here, and I'll show that on the overhead here in a minute.
Speaker 6: Wh that side right towards towards that that bolt, the side of the bolt, yeah.
Speaker 1: Towards the s yes, correct, towards the side of the bolt. That's correct. Yeah, it's here's the bolt. Here's the bolt here, and it's the little lip on it's right there.
Speaker 2: So the soldering point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I put that together. I put that together last time. So when I opened up my kid, I'm like, oh, yeah, I already did that sots, yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, there wouldn't anything to that because that was as far as we got. Because I couldn't because the next step is the wind the toroid, and I didn't have the wire for it, so uh but I used my own. It came with these black Let me switch back to this overhead view here because I like that better.
Speaker 5: Right here.
Speaker 1: It came with these black zip ties, and I used a bright orange or bright yellow zip tie, like a like a char truce colored if you guys are fishermen, a shark truse colored.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's only eight colors origin yeh, yeah, because it's truce.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's like a it's like a bright yellow.
Speaker 3: Oh so that's yellow or green okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah right yeah, greenish yellow kind of. But but there, and there's everything right I've got right there. I think that's probably everything that. I've got an extra nut and bolt right there. I've got four ring terminals, small ring terminals. Of course, this is the radiating element or the element wire. And then we've got the heat shrink right here. It goes around it when we're done, I assume. So, but that's everything there. So the instructions once again are right here. And those are just linked from the website as I mean, I didn't. There's not any special thing there. If you go to the Coffy and Hen Radio's website right here and you click it's build instructions right here, it takes you to uh, yep, it's a bitly link, but it's this. It's this ge hub link right.
Speaker 3: Here, coffeeinhem radios dot com. And then all this stuff is on that website.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, but it's I mean, it's pretty straightforward really. So the first step is to take a look at the antenter wander. She's a Butte Clark ship. Find the screw and the nut in your kit and put it together like that right there, which we have.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be the anchor point later.
Speaker 4: Correct, yeah, yeah, And then the next step is like three and a half hours.
Speaker 5: The other steps are like two seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This one here is the long one.
Speaker 1: It didn't. It took me maybe twenty minutes to wind. Not take that long.
Speaker 3: It's not it's really not an easy one.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 4: It's just it's tedious.
Speaker 5: Going to make sure you don't cross things.
Speaker 1: Ye yes, yes, I was. I was being careful not to cross things. And also I noticed that since the wire is rather rigid when you when you when you wind it around the toll roid and put it back through the center of the toll roid and you start to pull it down off the other end, it seemed to me like the wire was trying to twist on itself, like trying to roll up an extension cord where they twist together, so you had to kind of be careful not to twist it too much. So I just I was just I just did it slowly and it worked. It worked fine, it with any big deal. But that's but it took, you know, like I said, it took I don't know, maybe maybe twenty minutes for me to do that. I just turned the t turn the TV on, and sat down, put my glasses on. I could see what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Question for you guys, So Jason has the wire kind of bunched up there at the end, so he has like good some good spacing, good spacing, good spacing. By the end, it's like bunched up. Is that? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, perfectly fine, But you just well, what I usually do is when I get done, just kind of trying space everything is even as possible before.
Speaker 3: I okay, now, Chucks toroids are a work of art, but they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't live.
Speaker 2: Up to Chucks level. You're trying our.
Speaker 1: Best there, I I kind of and I did. I did space this out a little bit like you. Like I was trying to make physical binds, like there's a physical bend around this tour right here here, so I would I would kind of press down on it and press down on this side when i'd winder around there. So I was trying to do that, and it was it was a little bit harder to I didn't think. I didn't think I was going to get all nine of them around there. I was looking at it's like it's fit, it's got a fit it and it did it fit because that's nine if you count it. But that's uh, but that's where that is. So I hope I got enough length on this side. And it looks like we've got a lot of extra on this side of here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're you're pretty good. Okay, there only needs to be one one long wire.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well good, we've got that.
Speaker 6: So now I'm gonna ends up being one of the red ones. Yeah, because that's your your will be your antenna lead at least.
Speaker 1: See I can I can move this if I need to a little bit because it is there. Yeah, they are separated, but they are next to each other over here.
Speaker 6: So it's you can't keep from doing that. Really, Yeah, if we if we went to the next size small or a wire, it would probably but then it wouldn't be quite as robust.
Speaker 1: Well what if you what if you go to the next size to roid up?
Speaker 5: Then wouldn't that.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's well, I mean, well that's three D printed. You could just change that.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't typically not three D printed, but technically three D printed.
Speaker 5: That makes a big.
Speaker 1: Difference professional three D printing.
Speaker 4: It's it's nylon, it's multi jet fusion injection.
Speaker 6: Hm, it's infield because it's basically a powder.
Speaker 4: Take that and try and break it. See if you can break it.
Speaker 3: Please don't do that, Jason.
Speaker 2: We want to finish this stream.
Speaker 1: You want me to see I'll break this if you really want.
Speaker 5: To break it.
Speaker 6: If you if you could break you won't break it under normal use?
Speaker 1: How normal use?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it won't it won't.
Speaker 4: I would assume you'd WinCE before you broke it, because like, why would I do this?
Speaker 5: This is hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then also if you said in your car unlike like p l A, it won't twist all up and be crooked when you take it out of the car.
Speaker 2: This is be honest. I love this winder, like like you said, is the best printed winder out there. It's rucketed, strong, and I I love it. I love it. So I'm literally saying that because I bought all my kits from these guys.
Speaker 4: Just just to be specific, these winders are like seventy five percent of the cost of the antenna. And you you guys who do D printing, you know that if you were to three D print this yourself, it would be like thirty seven cents. So out of the seventy five eighty five dollars that this kit costs, the winder is most of that cost because we want to put some quality in there and make sure it lasts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you had the winder in the wild idea, the one hundred foot of wire that you're pretty much the most important part cost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, plus which the scale because you can't I mean maybe now with a newer printer, but those things take a minute to print. And then if we're trying to get enter fifteen up done.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, yeah, I hear you. You have Have you ever printed one into pet G?
Speaker 5: Yes, I have. Okay, I'm printing the essay now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Say it's the best.
Speaker 1: You think that's better than So one of the one of the mesh tastic cases I have is done in pet G. And they say that. I was like, I don't want to leave it in my truck. In texts they're like, no, it'll be okay that one. Uh no, not that.
Speaker 2: One too close, back off, back off the no.
Speaker 1: But I have that one, Jim his first half. I have that one.
Speaker 3: I know, right, I think this is this. This might be nylon, Jason, I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one, that one, I'm not sure what that is that But that's not the one I'm talking. I have one from Spec five that's done in pet G.
Speaker 3: PEG should be fine outside, it has excellent heat resistance.
Speaker 5: So so this is as a.
Speaker 6: Fancy and I also put if you look at the sides, also put like a it's called I forget what they call it, but this is like it makes a nice little grip and it takes you don't see any lines.
Speaker 3: In it at all.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: And then that's what the bottom looks like.
Speaker 6: And it doesn't want to focus here, Hang on, that's all right, But this stuff is I think a s A. I've done Pegg and I've done this, and I like, you prefer this. You have to have a heated enclosure. You have enclosure to do that though. That's why a lot of people like PG because you don't have to enclose it. That's pretty good too.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, okay, it's it's.
Speaker 5: Been deier though.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do so co hosting jobs. What's what's the next step.
Speaker 1: The next step is for me to wait for my camera to come back.
Speaker 2: On over the show here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't you know. I've changed power supplies, I've changed USBK or I'm sorry, HD my cables. I don't know. I don't I guess it's something internal with the camera. I'm gonna have to probably.
Speaker 2: I thought we were talking about sending it back last streak.
Speaker 1: We were, and you know, and quite frankly, it's probably HI. They've got they've got a this is a G this is a G fifty Canon Vixie a G fifty, and they've got a new one that's out and this one's actually not that old.
Speaker 2: But I wonder just running it straight, not through the logos.
Speaker 4: I'm not a fan of Delgatto, by the way, that's what Frank's talking about. Mm hmm Frank Frank pronounces al Gatto as logos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the video capture card. Maybe maybe there's another way of running it.
Speaker 1: What does that have to do with the no I because I can see, Okay, hold on a sec, let me fix it.
Speaker 2: It's going on a little longer. Oh well, he's doing that. I did have a question I wrote down. We were talking about different wires and if you're going to try to wine this yourself and kit this out yourself, because you do show everything that you use for this kit. Is there a difference between solid core and stranded core?
Speaker 4: What just has more of a strength to it. It just wraps the core tighter. It's it's actually harder to work with but makes a better finished product.
Speaker 2: But but as far as electrical everything's it should perform.
Speaker 5: Twelve betch wires twelve gage.
Speaker 3: Theoretically have more surface area with stranded wire, but the difference is thirty two and sixty or radios.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was it's just a question to give some.
Speaker 1: No that's fine question. Yeah, it is a good question. I saw another question there to answer your question about my camera, Frank, my video camera right now that I'm looking at has a screen on it, and I look at the screen, I can see myself on the screen on the camera, and it goes off. So it goes off before it ever comes down through the capture card. So it's not a cap. And my overhead that is right here. Hi, how are you doing? Hi? That is on the same cap. I've got the go to for four port capture card. Then it's a camera issue.
Speaker 2: It's the last thing I'm going to throw out you maybe because it does feel like it's kind of regular, maybe it's a sleep setting.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm done right.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't come back on by itself. If it was a sleep setting, it would go to sleep and then you'd have to ticket or something.
Speaker 5: Fancy French words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, usually it comes back on myself, but English, but he can pronounce. For now, we can troubleshoot my my camera at the later date. Today we're building an antenna.
Speaker 2: So so we got the the to words round and now we're going to start mounting it.
Speaker 6: Let's set your your tour right up, so that it's red black blue on top and then red black blue on the bottom in that order.
Speaker 1: It made like this. Can you see that barely?
Speaker 5: Okay, Chuck's a little color blind like I am.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, red black blue is the order. It is on the top one here, and then when it comes out to the bottom, it's the same at the bottom. And someone asked in the chat earlier, did I wind these together or individually? I wound them together. I unrolled them. They were individually rolled up. They were just rolled up in a little They came in this sleeve.
Speaker 2: Here separately, and so let's.
Speaker 1: Get they separately. So i'd unrolled them all. I put them together in the order that I saw in Chuck's last video, and I put it and I wound them all together.
Speaker 5: Let's do this. Let's do this.
Speaker 6: Take the top red one, uh huh, and the and the black bottom one and just kind of twist. Take them over to the side and twist them together.
Speaker 1: Top red and black bottom.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep, okay, look at Chuck trying to move us along.
Speaker 6: And then the then the top black one and the bottom blue one together, so top of twist.
Speaker 1: Got it? Are we gonna untwist these.
Speaker 5: Later, you're gonna you're gonna slide them together.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, eventually eventually, okay, all right, and then.
Speaker 6: The bottom red one, it will be your antenna leite, so that'll that'll wrap around into the back when you put it on, so the opposite end of where it's at now, so you can just get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Okay, the bottom the bottom red that's that's this one right here.
Speaker 6: I'm just I'm assuming that you're following what I'm saying, because it doesn't look the same for me.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, well is it is the zoom still freezing it.
Speaker 2: It's lagging a bit, but it's also a little bit pixelated.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be a that's gonna well, they just did a zoom update. It's gonna be something zoom because you guys look fine to me. The stream looks stream is good. Yeah, the stream is good. So, yes, this is the bottom red one. I've got you, chuck, no problem. Okay, So we got the top blue one separated by itself now as well.
Speaker 6: Okay, the top blue one, we'll go to your eventually, we'll go to your your ground lug.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 6: So it'll stay by itself. The redmonen will be your antenna leads those both of those don't get soldered in anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, good dual. All right, so what's next?
Speaker 6: Then the top thread, the top bread and the bottom black are gonna be your center of your B and C. So you're gonna you're gonna you can make tick one. Just pick one of them to be longer, and then right at the uh right, just just like an eighth of an inch away from the tour roid sorder the two together and just keep one of them long.
Speaker 1: I would have to. So you want me to strip them, because.
Speaker 6: They yeah, about about about a quarter inch away from the core igous stripped.
Speaker 4: So take the red and black wire and make them into one long wire. However you feel comfortable with that.
Speaker 1: I get that. I just I wrapped them together and they're still insulated, so I'm gonna have to unwrap them.
Speaker 6: You can, you can just yeah, yeah, oh I didn't want to. I just wanted to kind of want a little wrap just so.
Speaker 4: That's just for identification, Jason, just to just to get you into the like, now you know that this goes here, that goes there, that goes there. Now we can start working with them.
Speaker 6: You can like just a little ways away from the tour riid strip them all the way.
Speaker 5: Who cares nothing.
Speaker 6: I mean everything's like shorty together anyhow, It's not like it's right pretty much. Okay, I've gotten to where I just take liquid tape later if I want to isolate something and just put that on there.
Speaker 1: He am just am I not going to cut these down or what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, once you solve those two together, you can you can twist those two together, and you can twist the other two together.
Speaker 4: So so let me put this out there real quick, Chuck. We're going to put this together. And there's no way that you can make a mistake that isn't recoverable. Oh okay, good because you'll have plenty of spare wire to fix a mistake or you know, like look at this as a learning process. Your your first and this is not your first antenna, Bill Jason. But for the chat, your first antenna build is going to go sideways in thirty seven different manners, and we're here to help you. We can we can solve these problems. This is this is not a big deal.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, good to know.
Speaker 4: If you had four different people telling you instructions like we are right now, you're gonna get four different ways of doing this.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 6: The other two that you had together, you can just pretty much cut them like a little ways away and twist them and twist them together. Well'll twist them together first, and then just cut them and solder and just right by the right by the tour roid. You probably can see that.
Speaker 1: Let me let me finish this from first, because I'm going I'm going, I'm okay, So I've stripped those down, so I'm gonna I'm gonna twist them together. I'll put I'll twist them together two or three times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: And then the black one is the one that you are. It doesn't matter at that point that the same wire right so direct.
Speaker 6: The one thing you do want to check is kind of center your tour right to make sure you don't wrap them too far to where you can't have a straight piece and get it in that B and C.
Speaker 5: Does that makes sense?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: So so, so those wires that you're twisting together are gonna go into the center of the B and C.
Speaker 5: So just the opposite way of you have it.
Speaker 4: I see like this, So you don't want to lay it on a frame and take a look at it.
Speaker 5: Yep, there you go.
Speaker 6: You don't want to twist it so far that you can't that you have two of them. You don't you want a single wire because only a single wire will go in there.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. Okay, all right, okay, we yeah, sometimes you can. Just we're getting closer and we're just gonna we're just gonna solder these together before we put it into the B and C.
Speaker 2: Right right, yeah, so real fast, Jason, what wire strippers do you have the see.
Speaker 1: If these are I got these at AutoZone like ten years ago. It's just AutoZone special. That's all there. There's not there's nothing special. I'm pretty sure I've got a pair of those on my Amazon store somewhere as well.
Speaker 3: Those look like the Irwin ones. Those are, yes, they are.
Speaker 5: They're good.
Speaker 3: But those are decent, dude, those are yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I've had them for ten years. They weren't great. I never had a problem with them. So but I mean they were like twelve bucks. They're not expensive.
Speaker 3: They're not expensive, and they're awesome wire cutters.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if I go here.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they're a little tough On'm not the right account. I can't link in the chat.
Speaker 1: I noticed that earlier. Steve, you were you were?
Speaker 2: If you want to throw it in the in our our chat, I will forward it long.
Speaker 3: Frank, don't hand out no wrenches. I can't no wrenches around here.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: O has a wrench. He's just on the wrong account.
Speaker 4: It's a problem with Firefox. I don't know how to fix it because I've actually wiped out all my cookies and stored settings and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Let you log into the other account.
Speaker 4: I'm logged in as my ham radio channel, and the chat shows up as my r V channel, and I right right during the beginning of the stream, I switched over, switched back, and it's it's a Firefox thing.
Speaker 5: It's a mess.
Speaker 4: I can go into a whole different browser and set it up.
Speaker 5: It's a mess.
Speaker 1: I have to get those closer together, I think, because it's awfully close to that. It's awfully close to that B and C. Once you put that toroid in the center of that winder.
Speaker 5: Ye, the thing you have to watch for. We used to have more, make it longer. We can cut it later it's good. Somebody didn't like the of that was set up, so we changed it. Somebody somebody who's not here on stream with us right now.
Speaker 1: Oh that guy name but he ran was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his initials are the Smoking Ape.
Speaker 6: So for anybody out in the audience, if you do buy one of our kids, always join the Toads discord because if you have any problems at all, you'll you'll lay it. You'll actually just leave a question the best corrector you can and you hit ME or APE. Usually APE usually sees that I'm you have to you have to DM me, as far as if you go into you go into Cartens, leave a message and just write something in there and ask for help and if if we don't have somebody will help you. But we usually we found a few problems on the Apollo, and I actually did a video on the problems that we were finding, so we we pushed people to that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we also do tech support via email right.
Speaker 6: And usually a good quality picture of what you've done when you post your problem, and a lot of times we can just tell what's wrong with it by looking at the picture. There's a mistake and usually it's not usually something simple you.
Speaker 3: Have the ground wire.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the apollo when you when you break the two wires to go to the ground, you have to solder them back together. And that's what people miss a lot, and it just throws everything off. Or they need to be one enamel on wire or yeah, the enamels of pain.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, I screwed up and cut that way short. But I can still get this wire around it, so we're good.
Speaker 3: More solder, Buddy, more solder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can solder a piece of that extra wire to it too, if you have to, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I've torn things apart and rebuilt them, and.
Speaker 3: He doesn't show us all those.
Speaker 5: When I show it to you just can't tell.
Speaker 3: Is we only see the beauty shots. That's all we post in our private discord.
Speaker 1: I bet, I bet that's true. So okay, all right, that's gonna I think that's gonna work. Fine.
Speaker 6: Now I'm talking part you should have seen when when I was doing the beside man, I I probably built that thing fifteen times because we tried different raps and different tour roids and different raps on different to roads.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, yeah, just experimenting with it until you get something that works right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, I usually start with a lot and just start pulling them off if I can. Okay, But yeah, if you guys have any if you buy one, there's just we have support. Let's just say that if you if you feel intimidated by building it, we're there to help you.
Speaker 2: So I went ahead and dropped the discord link in the chat. Thank you, and if Jason is kind enough to talk it out of our back of the chat and maybe put it into the show notes later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 6: Sure, that's just the easiest way we can help you.
Speaker 7: Really, all right, let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love the smell of solder smoke in the morning.
Speaker 2: You know what's good in the morning, cigar and bourbon.
Speaker 5: Frank had a little hair of the dog.
Speaker 3: Frank may have an issue there, Frank, No, I think I'm quite Coffee and cigarette hell to the Yeah, but no.
Speaker 2: Coffee.
Speaker 6: Make a beer that's coffee like a morning beer. Yeah, it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: I'm not denying you, but no, it.
Speaker 5: Was a beer. Yeah, it was a good beer.
Speaker 3: PVR, it ain't real.
Speaker 6: It's over and uh it's one of the one of the ones that the brew houses in San Francisco did it. They're like like one of the most proper ones over there at the time.
Speaker 1: I remember you guys, you car guys.
Speaker 3: You know beer whoa son pbr. I'm not talking that Miller led stuff that the other guy drinking.
Speaker 4: Three three out of four of us drink bad beer.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jason, don't is your coffee stuff off the ground or are you doing that?
Speaker 3: Is that a poissy pants beer's going to give.
Speaker 5: Two out of four? Of course, say two out of four.
Speaker 1: I was gonna get with vern this week your.
Speaker 2: Beer, Okay, I was going to drop that in there since you're talking.
Speaker 1: So I'm okay to cut this wire that's going to go into the B and C to I'm okay to cut it to links.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What I usually do is just I stick it in there a little you know, I stick it in and and and you want to line up that that that center hole the center of the toll, right, so you have a little holes, the two little holes on the front and back around the big one, just so it lines up there, and just I just kind of play with it until I get the the length right and then just it's.
Speaker 5: Not always about you.
Speaker 1: The center hole this big this big center hole in the winder needs to go in the center of the toll roid.
Speaker 5: Correct say that again, Sorry.
Speaker 1: The center hole in the winder needs to go in the center, in the center of the toll roid. Correct Okay, yes, okay.
Speaker 6: And that's how you kind of figure your link out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that wire I go quite a ways in there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, cut it a little long, just in case, and then you can trim it down.
Speaker 3: Yep, you can have a little bit of a bolt. So I just left mine a little long because I when I cut it, I cut it like past where I knew the end of that connector was inside stripped it just to allow for me screwing up stripping it or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, would be an excellent service idea. What a Bourbon and Cigar of the Month club?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, I'm in a coffee of the month club.
Speaker 1: We need we need to figure out how to get our own bourbon Frank we are talking about the other day, to get our own bourbon branded bottle and whatnot. Oh yeah, we got to figure out how to do that.
Speaker 2: So you need to sell it through a cellar.
Speaker 1: I think maybe they will sell it like they just print it for you. They print the bottle for you and then you just share the link and you and the customer buys it through them. I guess mail order. I don't know how mail. If they do mail order, they got to go pick it up. You got to do a little.
Speaker 3: States some states, well you can't mail booze Alabama, not male booze here at all. So no beer, coffee, well coffee, beer fe liquor.
Speaker 5: We have coffee, Irish coffee.
Speaker 3: I've got that too, because I got jameson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we're good. Uh okay, I got that cut to where I think it should be good. What's next?
Speaker 6: So we just did the red and the black right red and the black correct.
Speaker 5: So the top the.
Speaker 6: Top black, in the bottom blue. You can they're going to go right next to the to and you're just gonna start with them together.
Speaker 5: And then where do they go after that? Chuck, That's that's the only place they go, right. Oh, they just connect to each other and you're done. Those connect each other and they're done.
Speaker 1: They connect to each other and you're done. Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just put him somewhere near the tour right, So the matter wherever where it looks good for you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Chuck, there's a good question in the chat. Okay, of course, I think the man asking this must be crazy, and you'll understand why I say that. No, it's not. Don We know he's crazy, doesn't like coffee, doesn't like baseball. No, John A C eight x U is asking. He said he wants to use this antenna as an example. He he likes to ice fish. We have we figured out the crazy part now and ice fishing and radio. I'm out in the middle of a frozen bridge ground anywhere? How well will it work?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Work great?
Speaker 3: It should work fine, I would think. So it's a large flat ground.
Speaker 4: Well, you're making your own ground plane with the ground radio that we give you.
Speaker 6: We're giving you a counterpoise, right, and that'll be seventeen for this is this antenna. Once you get what Jason's doing done, is one of the easiest because you cut a forty one foot piece of wire and a seventeen foot piece of wire and you hook them up and you're done.
Speaker 4: It's not like you don't need an antenna analyzer. You don't need a nano VNA, you don't need a rig expert, you don't need none of that.
Speaker 3: You need it Hey, nobody needs a nanovna or.
Speaker 2: A big expert.
Speaker 6: And usually I've had luck with my internal tuner just like the Poseidon will tune it. But usually I put a choke at the antenna, and an APE does a choke at both ends, and it should tune at least most bands. The nice thing about this antenna.
Speaker 1: It's the co ax.
Speaker 5: Yeah he does.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I do, but APE chokes a lot. The nice thing about this antenna is compared to a infant halfway where you don't have to tune, you can be a lot shorter. So if you're if space is a problem, I mean there's there's a lot of different which you have to look up, the non random, the random wires. There's certain links that you should go for and if you if you do that, you can look up random wire on.
Speaker 2: The it's a very misleading.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's not random, right, it's not that random.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 2: This is a nine to one Again, A couple of people are asking, yeah.
Speaker 1: Nine to one, random wire, okay, and now we're okay to solder that together.
Speaker 5: Chuck mm hm.
Speaker 1: I got the bires stripped and twisted together pretty pretty close to the tol roid.
Speaker 5: There Yeah.
Speaker 6: What I would do is just get them nice and tight, do it, and then i'd leave them there until you maybe put some liquid tape on them, and then you can just kind of bend them wherever you need to, or or not do you need to?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 6: Nothing's gonna touch once once you put everything on the wine, or nothing's gonna touch itself, you know, another wire across it or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, okay, all right, so yeah, I'll do that, but I'm gonna solder this now so that it's just done, and then I might go.
Speaker 5: Next to the right, next to the one.
Speaker 1: You guys see it. I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Geez.
Speaker 6: Well, it's like you can look at something on the computer and the guy standing behind you'll see exactly what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, I hate that. I hate that so much. I'm sitting there helping someone over their shoulder, click starting go here, go here, go here, and I'm flying through it. But then I'll do the exact same thing with them behind me, and I'm like, where is it. I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 3: I'm watching my wife click something and she's an it gal on her iPad. Her finger is hovering for like five seconds per click. I'm like, oh my god, please quit it.
Speaker 5: Make a decision.
Speaker 2: That's that's why they she has an iPad.
Speaker 5: Well, she has a computer.
Speaker 3: She has her own computer, and she has an iPad as well. Just usually uses the iPad. But it's just she's always hovering over everything like click it. Yeah, and my minion at work. My minion at work does the same thing. I hate having to supervise him doing stuff. We do it at my desk so I can drive is watching him hover that mouse drives me nuts.
Speaker 6: You're right, Okay, So mic makes a good mic radio repair makes a good tea. There's nothing random about It's a non resonant in FED. The keyboard is non resonant. Yes, So you don't want it to be good for any band.
Speaker 5: You just want to be close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Jason, you got it there?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, we're done. So I've got the top blue one and the bottom red one left.
Speaker 6: Okay, the bottom red one goes to the antenna side, So that's going to wrap around to that second screw on the top of the end. Well, just right here, that's going to be your ground lug. That's the blue. When I think, yeah, the blue one. You have a blue one this left.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, a blue one.
Speaker 6: That blue one goes through your ground lug and then it goes to the ground lug and the to that screw. So what you want to do is you want to get enough of the insulation off where you can feed it through that and then feed it to a Basically, you want to put a what do you call the ring turmino there and hook it to a ring turma and then hook it to.
Speaker 1: Does it go underneath the one that goes into the B and C or do I turn the toe roid over or does it matter?
Speaker 6: You just go you go through that ground lug. Make it a bare wire. What I would do is measure it close. I mean like a quarter inch away from that ground lug wherever you have that. And you want to bend the ground lug out a little bit probably, I don't know if it's straight. I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean the ground I see, I see, I see what you're saying. Okay, so the so what I don't know if you can see my screen or not. But the blue wire is on the right side of the wire of the the other wire that goes into the B and c.
Speaker 5: Oh, you have it.
Speaker 6: Just just turn it to the way just turned upside down.
Speaker 1: Turn it upside down. Okay, yeah, I'm going to have to move this, uh which I can do that. I have to move this zip tie because I put it with the knob of it is there.
Speaker 5: So just push them up inside, push the knob up inside. If that helps.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that's yeah. I tighten it down.
Speaker 2: It's kind of you can still push you Well, you're doing that. Jason TC fits with a ten dollars super chat says, Happy Sunday.
Speaker 5: Thanks in a while. I good to see.
Speaker 3: I haven't I have one to comment I wanted to address. Jason Lockwood asked if we put these together? Not really. We have done it a couple of times in extenuating circumstances. If you can't physically put it together, hit us up and we'll talk about it. But the shipping department is sketchy enough as it is. And if we have him building antennas, then God knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need at least five reasons, five good reasons, you know, call anoscopy coming up.
Speaker 3: Gout is really bad today. I mean, you know, if there's like those if you've got a civic reason, just hit us up. We'll have to charge you extra for it, which is all a manual process. But typically, no, we don't we sell these as kids. We don't build them for you.
Speaker 1: So you want me to put it through this this ground lug on the B and C. Put a ring terminal on the other end of it that goes to this lug here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're frozen. But yeah, okay, the lug near the B and C.
Speaker 1: Right, the lug near the B and C. Yeah, there's a lug on the left side of the B and C.
Speaker 5: But yeah, okay, Zoom is letting us down tonight.
Speaker 1: I guess, so, yeah, I guess. I mean again, it's you guys look great. I haven't had any issues on this side.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Right, we always look great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, thank you, Jason.
Speaker 1: All I really care about is my live stream. I don't really care what you guys are seeing.
Speaker 6: So if for some reason, forty one feet isn't the right length for what you want to do, if you go to I just posted the m universe, I think it is there, and if you go down to the where it says it's in green, it has revised the links that are good are twenty nine feet, thirty five and a half feet, forty one feet, fifty eight feet, seventy one feet eighty four feete, I forget how much, Well you take seventeen away from one hundred, and that's how much wire you had to play with. So if you want to make it more eighty three, so you could go to seventy one feet or have a piece. But and that what that gets you is a little bit better on the low bands. The longer the wire, the better it will be on the like forty and eighty and stuff like that. Okay, that makes sense, So I put that. I put that in the if you look under her mind, I'll put it in again. That's a good reference for anybody doing the these top antennas or any kind of antenna that doesn't that you don't let you have a tune.
Speaker 7: Frank, what did I do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: What didn't you do?
Speaker 2: I can't you look at the man?
Speaker 3: It was just it was just funny.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 3: A soon as I made my face, you knew exactly what I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jason Lockwood, thank you for the twenty dollars, Thank.
Speaker 1: You for the super chat.
Speaker 5: Thanks thanks Jason, Awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna you're gonna do first super chat on the live stream too.
Speaker 2: The second tonight.
Speaker 1: Where gym has been but it hadn't been.
Speaker 6: Don says, nine hundred and eighty four feet is good for the win.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Don, I didn't.
Speaker 2: That's what that one means. I get it now.
Speaker 6: Goes to three. It only goes to four hundred and twenty three, so I don't know, Don.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: And if you google random wire intend and if you will find any number of charts available, true, that tell you what the magic numbers are.
Speaker 1: There's more than one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's there's a ton of them.
Speaker 1: There's a multip doesn't always have to be the same. That's why it's random because it kind of works the same way even though you yeah, different links of wire on it.
Speaker 3: I actually built my own before we release the aries kit, and I did. I did a thirty five foot thirty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, random being not a resonant.
Speaker 3: Yes, starts all over the internet about this.
Speaker 2: Now. Sonic God's going to make me read online here, So we're going to give this a shot. Sonic gout. Yeah, five dollars super Chat says thank you Jason for being inspiration inspiration one, inspiration one one for the community to help me get my extra license in July keep being awesome seven to three and his call site is Keilo Fox Art zero Quebec November.
Speaker 1: Mike, well, that is cool that you got your extra man. Congratulations to do seriously.
Speaker 2: And if I'm gonna have to keep reading these, I'm gonna charge you a service fee.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just charge your service feet for all the coffee bunks. You know.
Speaker 3: You call them Sonic Gout, which is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: That's what that's what it's what. It's g O.
Speaker 5: T Scott got got.
Speaker 2: I think it's got.
Speaker 3: You said got the first time and.
Speaker 5: The first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time.
Speaker 3: That's a cool name though. They sound like a superhero thing.
Speaker 2: I'm Sonic Gout Jason Lockwood another twenty dollars super.
Speaker 3: Chat thanks son.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he didn't make.
Speaker 2: Me read, so you get a free pass on that one.
Speaker 3: Frank's been in the brown liquor already.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? He ain't shame.
Speaker 2: This is Canadian club whiskey. I got this from.
Speaker 3: Good middle tier blended whiskey.
Speaker 5: All right, mm hmm, says the PBR man.
Speaker 3: No, that's my beer. I like Glenn Livitt Scott or really good b.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna, I'm gonna give you Orops on that one. Jim. Glenn Livid is a good Scott.
Speaker 2: Well Jason's work.
Speaker 3: I have tried a ton of them and some of them are Glenn.
Speaker 1: Glenn Fittich and Glenn Livid are probably my two favorites.
Speaker 3: Glenn Fittich is a little sweet for me, I thought.
Speaker 1: And I tried, which one you get? But yeah, can be.
Speaker 3: I bought leg of ulin one time, right because it was.
Speaker 4: Can you say that again? I don't think you can.
Speaker 3: Leg of vulin?
Speaker 5: Yep, I was right, leg of ulin.
Speaker 3: I was trying to put a Scottish accent on it, but I can't really say Scottish accent. And I despised leg of ulin, so it was not good. I gave it to my nephew. He said, oh this is this is okay? Like dude, it's one hundred dollars a bottle. It better be. It's not okay.
Speaker 2: It better talking talking about good whiskey.
Speaker 4: You know what's your favorite whiskey? Who amen in the chat am I seven DJ.
Speaker 3: And I also love Jameson. I drink Jamison all night.
Speaker 1: See, Jamison is just cheap, cheap, it is. It's blue like it. It's blue collar, very blue collar. I do not dislike it, but I'm just like, you know, it's like the last Like, if I'm going to drink something that that I want to taste good, that's and even though I kind of like Jamison, I'm just like I'd rather have like an actual bourbon or or a Scotch or something.
Speaker 3: Jamison is like the mixer of whiskey. It's like Jack Daniels, only it tastes yes, Jack Daniels tastes horrible.
Speaker 2: You keep talking about all these other brands. I just got the hook up and it came in today. I got two bottles of Eagle Rare.
Speaker 1: Did you really yes?
Speaker 2: Thanks to uh, a gentleman we met up at Huntsville. Aaron UH sent them to me, and.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta find a smaller crimper to crimp this thing. Can't get my crimpers down right.
Speaker 3: That is the problem you're going to have, because that wire is smaller than those red crimp. Those red crimps are You're gonna have to double the wire or solder them too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Well I wanted to crimp that. Yeah it is. It is quite a bit smaller, so I wanted to crimp it, get a good crimp on it, and then I was gonna solder it afterwards.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you saw.
Speaker 3: If you use the non insulated crimps instead of the insulated crimps, you might be able to get it to close enough to at least hold the wire for you.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: The colored the colored crimps. So if you have a crimper that has colors on it, or the wide U shaped crimp like this, that is for insulated terminals. If you have the crimpers that have a little noogie sticking up in a rounded hole that it pushes into.
Speaker 1: No, I'm trying to do the Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: For non insulated terminals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's that's the one. I was trying to use the insulated one.
Speaker 2: But okay, I got to read this. The E five S A R has Jody. He said hook hooked on phoenix didn't work for me.
Speaker 3: Phonics. He said that phonetically frank.
Speaker 1: Hooked on phonics did not work for me.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: You already cut it.
Speaker 1: You already cut it, Jason already cut it, so and I can't. I can't.
Speaker 6: I'll just bend it up and then just been if you can have a little enough extra where you can just bend it up where you can get to it with the crimpers. The bigger crimpers are not the greatest for doing antenna work.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, I use I've got some smaller crimpers, but I think they're in my truck, and I.
Speaker 5: Usually use a style like this for that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Maybe not those, yeah, chuck, hold those up, pull those up. Yeah. I don't know if Jason can get your pick any bigger, but that will do insulated and non insulated. That one in the middle would let you do insulated crimps. Those two on the outsider for are the two on the outside of for insulated, and the one on the inside is non insulated. Okay, or you can peel that plastic crap off and roll with it on the non insulated connectors.
Speaker 1: I already peeled the plastic off, yeah, so I always do that.
Speaker 3: Still probably too big for that antenna wire, but pro tip for that, if you take a little lighter and heat that up.
Speaker 6: It'll pull right off easy, Yes, it will. I've messed up quite a few trying not trying to get that off without doing that. It's like finally figured that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, that will. That will work there, and we'll tighten that down in the second here.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mike, Glenn Morange is decent too.
Speaker 1: Glenn Moraney is decent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not Glenn Livitt, but it's decent. Agreed and honestly for a bar brand, Doers is drinkable.
Speaker 1: No, I never I tried that. I tried the Doers white label one time and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I've never had that. I've had the regular Doers. That's not the call brand. That's mostly bar brand everywhere it's.
Speaker 1: I went, I went and ordered a Dimple Pinch after after watching the final episode of Breaking Bad, because when he goes to that bar to give it turn himself in, he orders a dimple Pinch.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: It's just a brand of Scotch, gotcha? And and I'm like, okay, I'm trying to I'm always up for trying new stop.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah yeah, And it was it was good.
Speaker 1: I the Glenn Levitt and the Glenn fittature are better in my opinion. I'm like, oh, that's good. But if I see it in a bar, I was like, oh, something different, I might try that.
Speaker 3: There was a restaurant I went to it Atlanta one time, and I can't remember the name of it. And it's been twenty years ago. Their whiskey book, which included Scotch and bourbon. M hm, yeah, probably had fifty brands in there, and some of them were forty five and fifty sixty dollars a shot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, and let's go there.
Speaker 3: Wasn't driving. I wasn't paying the bill.
Speaker 2: Let's go there, Jim.
Speaker 3: If you're paying the bill, I'll find out who it is and we'll go. Frank, I'm not going to try not drink you, Frank, I am. I ain't think big time YouTuber son.
Speaker 2: We will book it or a bill at all to coffee at Ham Radio.
Speaker 1: That's right, t O.
Speaker 3: It's sure to go for the ape.
Speaker 1: We Uh. There's a place in Galveston, Frank called Sugar and Rye which ry like, yeah, drink and they have about I don't know, fifteen or twenty different bourbons, whiskeys and Bourbons under me. It's like a whiskey cake, but it's it's independently owned, so it's you know, it's better than a chain in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whiskey take is a chain.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. Yeah, and it's good. I like whiskey cake.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've had lafroid. I don't remember. I might have.
Speaker 2: You're not sharing what you're doing Jason.
Speaker 1: By the way, yes, I know. I'm not really, I'm still working on the same thing. But he was, I'll switch back.
Speaker 7: That's fine.
Speaker 1: So I've got this, I've got the I'm gonna have to get a wrench to uh probably par needle knows to hold that nut down and then screw that screw in from the backside.
Speaker 4: But I've got to everybody, James, and the chat is saying we're out of stock on these what's up with that?
Speaker 3: No, we're not. He needs to check again because I've dated it just before this show started.
Speaker 1: And how many of you sold since then?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't sit here and watch it live.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Him Radio two point oh Sony, won't you check your sales?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I can't. I can only sell the number of kits Jason. Remember we've had this.
Speaker 5: Look at deflect.
Speaker 3: It's Jason that Chuck tells me, you know how kits work.
Speaker 2: He's making one right now.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'm not going to get into the drama that exists between all you guys.
Speaker 5: Oh there's so much drama. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Actually the drama left, didn't it.
Speaker 5: It's not here.
Speaker 1: Drama didn't make it to ye. He said he had to go watch Hallmark tonight.
Speaker 3: The drama is drinking Miller Lite and watching Hallmark.
Speaker 4: Right now, he's doing he's doing homework. We learned how to be more drama next week.
Speaker 3: Ten aries in stock Right now. You need to be going to coffee and Ham Radios dot com. If you're going to any other U r L you're the old site. Don't go. It's the old old link, yes, which.
Speaker 1: I shared the old link in my description. I will update it when the stream ends.
Speaker 4: Look at that, Jim. This is how a real man takes responsibility for his actions.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jason, Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Problem, Jason, sounds like we need to.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've got that. I've got this part in, I've got it connect, I've got it soldered to the little lip come off the B and C connector Am I okay to go ahead and solder the other wire into the center of the bn C? Now sure? Or do I need to do something else first?
Speaker 5: It's I do mine all different each time.
Speaker 4: I don't Jason's desk there, Chuck.
Speaker 3: Look on YouTube, Chuck, you can see it much better.
Speaker 1: These are the these two right here. Let me get where.
Speaker 4: You should have one going to the B n C, one going to the ground, one set that's married, and one is the red that goes off to your antenna.
Speaker 1: There's the red right there. This is the set that's married right here. This is the one going to the BC, and this is the ground right here. The ground should be done, except for I got to tighten that nut down. I don't have a wrench with me right here.
Speaker 6: You're well, you don't want to tighten it down down you because you're gonna put a ground a ground radio to it.
Speaker 5: Anything?
Speaker 4: Oh right, okay, all right, Jody, that is way too much experience. What is Jody made a comment it's a bit surprising. More of apes drama doesn't hinge on a recently single young professional woman moving to a small town for Christmas and finding love with a local handyman, Jody, seek help please, dude, that is awesome.
Speaker 3: Jody, you are a freaking genius.
Speaker 2: It was superchet to Jody here.
Speaker 4: I don't under how we all got that reference. I don't get that.
Speaker 3: Because apparently we're all married to women who have watched that movie at least once.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: It's the same movie movie, the same movie, with different actors and actresses and different names. It comes out different time of year. It's all the same thing. So if you've seen one, you've seen them all. It's like watching the Expendless movie. They're all the same, but they're badass, so you have to watch them all.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got to watch Incredibles or not Incredible Indespicable Me. I haven't rented I haven't seen that.
Speaker 5: You have a child, Jim.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to watch it. She was too busy playing roadblocks when I rented it. So I'm saving it for when she comes back over. But I'm afraid it's gonna run out before she shows up, so I need to watch it.
Speaker 5: You go into that firewall, Sun and block that Roadblox. You'll have a kid back.
Speaker 3: I'll have a revolt on my hands.
Speaker 4: Okay, sepretations don't last forever.
Speaker 1: Center is in the B and C. What's next?
Speaker 5: She'll thank you when she's thirty.
Speaker 6: And so that that red wire needs that red wire needs to wrap around the opposite side back to the Did you put the screw in the back?
Speaker 5: Also?
Speaker 1: No, the back of what I have one screw left right here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it goes you see if you're looking at it. I don't know if you're looking at the way's see, yeah, you are that that screw straight down into the right of the screw hole, straight down to the right. Yeh, where you're left right, You were right there while you're lefting the right hand.
Speaker 5: I guess. So that wire is what I would do is.
Speaker 6: Take that wire and bend it down to the to the go straight down to the winder and then start winding in around the edge.
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 1: Does it go on the back behind the to roid as the opposite side of the B and C.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So you see where you're if you're looking at your at your ground lug, if you look kitty corner to the other side, that's where that's going to go.
Speaker 1: That red wires wanting to go there, and.
Speaker 6: Then that's where you're that's where your antenna wire is gonna go to there. Once you feed it through.
Speaker 1: The put do you put it through the same direction.
Speaker 5: Put the screw through just like you did the other one.
Speaker 1: Just like the other one. Okay, that's what we'll do. Kay.
Speaker 6: I probably bypassed this online because I don't use as many screws, but it's easier for most people who did this.
Speaker 1: So I need to put this down here.
Speaker 2: It's also acts as a string relief.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, the stream releas built into the if you do that, it's built into the winder.
Speaker 3: That is actually one of the features of our winder.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: All right, So I don't know if you can see that, Chuck.
Speaker 5: But uh yeah, put the other one through just like that.
Speaker 1: What other one?
Speaker 6: The one you just put through? So just leave that there, and then now you're going to bend that down close to the winder and just run it right along the winder and then make it reach to there.
Speaker 1: So Jason, ask no idea what you're saying.
Speaker 6: You're gonna cut that and you're gonna put a ring eyelet on that one also like you did the other one.
Speaker 1: Okay, cut the red wire and put a put a ring terminal on it.
Speaker 5: You have the instructions. You have the instructions up.
Speaker 3: Uh, you got no instructions.
Speaker 1: No, I've got them. I've got them.
Speaker 3: Read them? Why would you read them? Your chuck?
Speaker 6: You're the if it looks at the picture. A picture is worth a thousand words, you know.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. Okay, okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Forty through ten officially, but it requires a tuner. So depending on your tuner, you can probably get six and eighty out of it as well.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask that.
Speaker 6: So you're going to make it come to there, but make it inside just lock wrap it right down the side of the the toroid so it doesn't stick out the sides, and then make it just fit to the to that screw with your Islet gotcha your ring terminal?
Speaker 1: Yep, I got you, I got.
Speaker 3: You, Chuck. What is our power rating on this antenna? It's one hundred hundred voice SSD.
Speaker 6: In fifty watts digital.
Speaker 1: There's just there's, there's there's. There's entirely too many of those antennas on the market. One hundred sideband and like a forty or fifty or sixty watte digital.
Speaker 2: It's a sweet it's a sweet spot. You know.
Speaker 1: It's not if you want to run one hundred wats on FT eight, it's.
Speaker 3: Not sun Unofficially. Unofficially, I have abused every INTENTNA car sales with more than the rated wattage and they still all work just fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. I'm saying, is there needs to be something that is sold that way.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 5: So I think depends on whether you're in Florida or you're in Alaska.
Speaker 2: So from if you wanted to try to beat this up, is the wires need to be bigger? Or is it.
Speaker 4: Depends on the heat of the environment that you're in as well. Like in Orlando, Florida and hamm caashion, we took our and fed halfwave and rent it on a hundred watch digital and it didn't work. But it didn't work because it's Orlando and it's Florida, and it's hot.
Speaker 3: In Texas gets.
Speaker 1: Harder here than it is in Florida.
Speaker 4: Man, So now there's ways to get around older in Wisconsin that it is in Alaska.
Speaker 3: Theoretically you could true you could liquid cool it like with oil or something just oil bath it.
Speaker 5: That would work radiator water oil gets hot.
Speaker 3: And well, I mean, yes, it's going to get hot. Put a lot, put a ton of oil in it, or circulated through radiator.
Speaker 5: I don't put the heat drink on mine.
Speaker 3: And Chuck is ding ding ding. I don't put the heat drink on either.
Speaker 1: You mean this piece? You mean this piece? Yeah, you don't put that on their route.
Speaker 6: I don't use it.
Speaker 5: It's pretty, but it's optional.
Speaker 2: And the toilet melt or will it just lose residents and up when you hit the half of the tour, which is around depending on the toroid in the mix or the composition of the toroid, the kury temperatures somewhere around one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 3: To one hundred and fifty C. It just varies a little bit and it will saturate. And when it saturates, like Jason said, your SWR is going to go and once it cools off, it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it usually doesn't take that long. I was, I was in Galveston and I was working on a I forget which intenda this was. I think it was. Oh, it was my Myota real Poda able antenna, the one that's in the the Painter's reel and you just reel it out and in.
Speaker 2: That video is coming out tomorrow on my channel.
Speaker 1: Good Good. That's a great intent. I love that antenna because you can you can wind it to any band. It is multi band resonant because you just wind it in and out until until it's the right length. It works right on twelve and sixteen twelve meters seventeen meters ten meters if you want on the top of the band, bottom of the dand whatever.
Speaker 6: I've actually kiken our our our infed halfway and I've run it at two hundred watts SSB.
Speaker 1: Really oh really, okay, I ran three.
Speaker 6: When I went to three hundred, watch it decided to get hot. Finally eventually I ran them poseidon at we don't undred digit all right?
Speaker 3: Really yep, that was now, to be fair, it was January, so it was not hot here, but right it was still up. It was still up in there. It will cook an egg range. It was above well.
Speaker 1: My point was to saying that was I was. I was running FT eight. In fact, I think that was the video where I was doing the digi rig. The new did DR eight ninety one for the FT eight ninety one. Yes, and I was running FT eight and I wasn't really making that many contacts really, I mean, but but it was going. It was working, and uh, and I noticed that the SFR started getting high. I've walked over the antenna and I kind of touched it. I didn't grab it real fast, but I was like, oh, yeah, that's a little hot.
Speaker 2: So I saw.
Speaker 1: I waited like five seven minutes something like that, and then did another test. I'm like, okay, there's back, and I started going again. I think I turned my power down, but I was running like like because that intent I think is rated at thirty five watts on FT eight and I was running thirty five watts. So I turned it down to thirty watts and I never had a problem with it after.
Speaker 3: That, and it will cool down. There have been some incidents that someone who's not here because he's watching Hallmark did. Some of it is banned dependent He may or may not have melted all his zip ties. This colored the toroid and fused the toroid to the white, twisted this tree because it was I don't know about that. He because I got.
Speaker 5: He's more answered, he said it was all twisted up in Okay, but he was.
Speaker 3: Also doing it on eighty meters and that has a huge bearing on it as well. So if you're playing podat twenty or something during the daytime, it's not really going to be a consideration. But if you're playing high band like eighty meters, you need to watch it because it will. Yeah, that was with a poseidon. I think I've I didn't have an amp with the Apollo. I haven't headed up in a long time.
Speaker 1: So now you guys keep throwing out these words beside the pollen all that, go ahead and explain to the audience. You've got four intennas, sure, correct, Okay, yes, so tell everybody what the differences between all those.
Speaker 3: The Apollo is the infed halfway, then the ares is the random wire.
Speaker 1: That's what we're building, I know, which is what.
Speaker 3: You're building right now. The Mercury is a linked dipole and we send enough wire with that, Chuck, how do you send the kit for the Mercury, I don't remember.
Speaker 6: All of our kids get one hundred fet of wire and it gets well, yeah, I know, but I think the Mercury does forty twenty and fifteen.
Speaker 3: That's what I was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably, I think and I give you the measurements for whatever. I give you the measurements for I forget.
Speaker 3: That seems right, And you could cut it for any other link you want, and if you want more links, just to add more links and make it bigger. But and then the poseidon is the vertical antenna that we're selling.
Speaker 2: And building that I can't Waitip.
Speaker 1: That's the one that that's the one that yes.
Speaker 3: At Orlando, and and yes, that's the one he was using a Huntsville.
Speaker 1: That's hunt at the camp.
Speaker 5: YEP.
Speaker 2: The the thing the note on that antenna though you said, don't use it if you have a carbon mast.
Speaker 5: Okay, you gotta hang that way.
Speaker 3: Ape's not here to yell at me. You can use it with a carbon fiber mast, but understand that the carbon fiber mast is going to affect the way the antenna works. If you're using a carbon fiber mask, masks try and separate the wire from it. Maybe I don't know. I don't have a carbon fiber mast, so I can't really test it.
Speaker 5: The problem the thing is not worried about it. Yeah, I am.
Speaker 6: I won't use it with a carbon mast, okay. Usually a ten meter Paul is perfect for that antenna, and most of those are fiberglass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, carbon fiber.
Speaker 6: Even if you can get it a tune, will still mess with your the way it radiates and stuff.
Speaker 5: So if you are if all you have is.
Speaker 6: A carbon fiber, take the thing and try to get it away from it and just put it as a slope or something. That's all you have. It'll still work.
Speaker 2: And the d X yeah I said that right. DX commander's masks are plastic, so that should be working fied.
Speaker 3: Fiberglass, fiberglass.
Speaker 5: So if you if you.
Speaker 6: Some days find get a really good carbon fiber mast, try to cut a vertical for twenty twenty meters and see what happens.
Speaker 2: I have the twenty which is a carbon fiber, but it won't work with this antenna because it's too short.
Speaker 5: It's not yeah, it's too short anyhow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the carbon fiber is electrically conductive, so it's going to interfere with your antenna.
Speaker 5: And honestly, a sloper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the best deals around for masts, and we don't sell the mast. You buy whatever mass floats your boat. And if you want to be like don and be a carbon fiber rogue, then rock on. We're not judging apes judging, we're not judging. But the the DX commander mask, DX Engineering sells it. It's eighty bucks for a ten meters mast. There you go, promp solved.
Speaker 1: The spider beams is the one I prefer. Now I take issue, and you're not wrong, Jim. Let me just say this out loud. You're not wrong about the conductive quality of the carbon fiber. But every time I hear someone say that, the first thing I think is, well, yeah, but what does your freaking tower do? What is your run twenty five tower? Because it's a conductive thing, and everybody I know, right, everybody runs a tout. Well I shouldn't say everybody, many many, many people run tower with a vertical GP nine on top of a tower or standing off to the side of a tower. So yes, you're not wrong, but I'm just like who cares. I mean, like every radio, every commercial radio antenna in the world is on an aluminum tower, so a metal tower.
Speaker 3: So now one difference would be potentially and you're right, like I said, it'll work. It just affects it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it absolutely does affect it. I'm not saying it doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a tower if you're facing if you're facing two antennas, you have two antennas side by side, that's going to affect their radiation pattern. And that's what's gonna happen with a carbon fiber mast and a vertical antenna. And then what Chuck was saying, he beat me to the punch. Most of those antennas are on top of the metal base, so the pattern is not getting But.
Speaker 1: You can run it. You can run vertical intent on the side of a tower. I've seen many people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen him do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they'll hold it away from it, like we're saying, I'm not going to run it right down the tower.
Speaker 1: No, that's true. Yeah, yeah, that's so you want to do. In fact, well, what what VHQ hex did? What David VHQ hex did? He created these and I told him he should sell these. He said they were painting the butt to print. They were these standoffs that he would put down the center of the mast underneath his hex bean and they would hold the coats about I don't know, five or six inches off of the mast, and he said that lowered the impedance. He was having problems with high impedance, and he's like that completely fixed mind pedans problem just to move it that short five or six inch distance off of the mast. So perhaps what you guys can do is come up with some sort of like standoffs for your vertical intenna that people can buy his assessories if they want to run it on a carbon fiber mast.
Speaker 3: It's just that could be a profit center, thank you.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, I'm always saying it's an entrepreneurship shop. It's a great thing. It So, okay, so here's what we've got. Uh we move that back over here. I've got this and I don't have I put some heat shrink here. My heat gun is over there. I'll go get it shortly. I'm gonna finish this probably off camera. Uh, but the ground lug is and I probably you said, you guys said liquid tape. Is that what you said? To use? Some liquid? Is that what you use in Yeah, of heat shrink?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, make sure you pull that off off the winder before you because you can melt winder with the heat with the heat gun.
Speaker 1: So just okay, well I can I'll just take it. Yeah, that's fine, that's fine. I can do that. So I'll put some liquid tape on that and on that, and then and then I put heat shrink on this one. So that So that's where we're at. Now we've got all. I think that's everything.
Speaker 6: Okay, the only thing you have left to do is cut the forty one feet that's the length you want, and I would do forty really good. Okay, you need addition, show him how to thread that through. If you have another piece of wire shown at the end of the the end of our winder has right in the center of it. You put the wire through it and then you bring it up down up.
Speaker 1: It's right here. Yeah, just like that. Yeah, I think dude did his similar to that. Yeah, it was a it was a it was a lyric to wire that thing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, ours is easy.
Speaker 3: Chuck, how do you how do you recommend to deploy the aries because we haven't talked about that. I used to do it a sloper, a sloper because somebody asked in the chat. Mine was an inverted kind of a No, mine was horizontal, I think up.
Speaker 5: In the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, play with it. It kind of doesn't matter, not really, but it's really enough matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter. I have I had a Nelson antenna's nine to one, and I'm pretty sure it was forty one feet. That's that number sounds frommiliar and I ran it. It powed it for a long long time. I don't know what I do. I think I've lost that intention. I don't know, but but I ran it as a sloper. I ran it as a near vertical one time because I was in a confined space. I never had any issues with it. It was it was simple. So yeah, just however you want to hang it up, just go ahead and do it. All right, So I'm gonna I'm not gonna cut this wire because I'm gonna so this this end right here, that connects here, chuck, this goes to the This will be the forty one feet of wire, right or am I cutting a separate piece for that?
Speaker 6: Well, you'll cut forty one feet and then I usually leave a couple of inches extra so I could do a like a loop in the end of it. Yeah, leave it a couple of inches that way, you can do a loop. That way you can tie it off. But that just goes through.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, So is that part of this wire here that I'm winding through the winder? Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, okay, you don't have to.
Speaker 6: I was just showing people how it goes through. That was something I came up in our first areas. It was like like brainstorming when we built.
Speaker 5: The first one. Yeah, if you take if you.
Speaker 6: Take the end of it and put a ninety in it, nine Yeah, just put a little like a little ninety in the end of the.
Speaker 5: Wire, spend it first, and then shove it in the hole up.
Speaker 3: Where you can catch it with a screwdriver, fingernail or the end of a zip tie works well too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, that's what I was going to grab. Here's this this piece of wire here.
Speaker 6: But what it ends up doing is our our antenna is a straight line instead of being you know, ninety degrees someplace the coax in the line, everything's a straight line. It lays out in ice. All the holes we have on it. I've taken just a bunge of cords, stuck it through one of the holes and stuck it to a like a you know the post that they have campgrounds that keep you from driving off the side, and just took it over it. Yeah, And and usually keep them fairly close to the ground too.
Speaker 2: And that puts all the strain through the winder itself and not on any of the towards or any of the components you connected to it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you go through that, it goes over to the side, and then because you go up down and back up.
Speaker 1: Right down through here through the center back and then and then back up and then it connects to this set to this lug nut here right right.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: So that's your stream relief.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that makes sense. Sometimes do you put a uh do you put one of.
Speaker 6: The terminals on the end of this this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So r don n five s k T says Jason just cracked a uh n t O seven.
Speaker 5: Did you crack it one time? Did you blow the blow the thing up?
Speaker 1: Oh no, well yeah, alcohol was involved, it was it was it was very proud moment. I need to replay that live stream.
Speaker 5: Probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I melted one of their matching units. They have a matching unit that goes in the bottom of the bunch of their antennas that he says, it's patent it it's a patent and matching unit that'll let you allow they allow you to use the antenna with no tuner ten to eighty meters and it works great. The first PoTA activation I ever did was on that SFP one two thirty one foot flag flagpole antenna, and I had that and I was doing a livestream here for something. I ran one hundred wots of FTA through it and I emailed him. He's like, no, no, no, don't do that. I'm like, well, too late now, dude. So he wanted me to send it to him, so I did. He was like, send that to me because I want to see what that looks like. And he replaced it for me. Really cool guy Bob Petrie out there at T and zero seven. But yeah, that wasn't when you said cracked it. I was thinking that you were meant the mast because we were talking about masts a minute ago. But that T and zero seven mass came for Ack mentioned this, and he's correct that T and zero seven mess is just as good as a DX commander mast. In my opinion, both of them are great masts. That T and zero sevens are green masts and the d X commeanter is a black ones, so they're both about the same size, about the same durability. In my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just need you just need twenty five ish twenty five is feet seven and the half meters I think for the Canadians and the audience and the bridge.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Yeah, well, and that's the thing about the spider beams, they're measured in meters. The X Commander ones probably are two meters. Yeah. The one I have is a seven I have a seven meter spider beams and a twelve meter I think spider beams and I just I just love those masks. They're so great. But I have the and the reason I like this spider beams better than the DX Commander and the T and zero seven is because they break down smaller.
Speaker 3: Took. Yeah, so I mean the mass which is what I have a spare one of is, yes.
Speaker 1: It's the Classic, the classic mast yeah yeah, well and the exped what the expedition mask is smart, it breaks.
Speaker 3: Down smaller, now t has the is that the one you have, Steve?
Speaker 4: The expedition is when I carry with me, I've got the ten Expedition, the ten Classic and the seven meter, And I like the Expedition because, again because.
Speaker 5: It just packs up smaller.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah. So it depends on what you're doing. If you're going on an airplane. You want something to pack up smaller but.
Speaker 5: Or living carry on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, I've taken the d X Commander as a carry on.
Speaker 3: It's it's not They probably hated you on that airplane, Frank.
Speaker 5: Oh, they hate me all the time, well for other reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frank gets stopped every time he goes through TSA.
Speaker 8: Everything looks like he should be I know, yeah, Brank, do you enjoy it? He doesn't have He doesn't have pre checks, So I always go in the pre check line and let him go through the other line, and I go get a drink.
Speaker 1: I get like maybe a maybe a Scotch or something. I sit there and I check my email and I record a whole video, and then by the by the time I'm done with all that, he's usually ready to go.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Roberts pictures on Twitter of me last time?
Speaker 1: Yes, I get stopped. That was good.
Speaker 2: He sold me though, He's like I posted these.
Speaker 3: I thought, I was like, ah, yes, neither spider beam foled up, Jason or collapse too.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry say that again.
Speaker 3: How how short does the spider beam mass collapse to.
Speaker 1: It's about the same size. Maybe it I think it's about the same size as the d X Commander expedition mast, so it's like like the the the classic mast that I have DX Commander is like what four and a half four and a half feet something like that. The excuse me, the expedition mask. The spider beams mass is like three feet maybe three and a half feet something like that. So yeah, something like that. Somebody said in the Chatterman to Go the spider memes fits well into checked luggage, Yes, it does. I very rarely check luggage. I like to try to carry everything on that way. I'm not DFW Airport has the absolute slowest check bag of any airport get your bags from check luggage spot of any airport in the nation. So when we go somewhere it's not a big deal. But when we come home we have to check luggage. It sucks, especially if you're your flight is landing at like eleven pm at night. You're going to be there till midnight. It's freaking waiting on your back terrible. So I very rarely check luggage. Plus they can lose it, like I've I've literally had luggage that was lost before on a check bag, So.
Speaker 3: You don't know what right feeling is like when you fly to Korea and all your luggage didn't show up and you have the clothes you're wearing in Korea.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's bad. That's bad.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: So here's the here's the nearly finished project. This will get a ring terminal on it. I've got I think I've got two left. You guys gave an extra one.
Speaker 6: It looks like no that you have a seventeen foot ground radio yet to make two out of that hundred feet?
Speaker 1: Does that go to the same lug here?
Speaker 6: No, the grounding lug, ground radio, the ground.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I know which one the ground is. But okay, so the so the is that your counterpoise, that's your counterpoise. Okay, So seventeen foot here and forty one foot here?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, right, So so I'm gonna have to measure that. I'll make another video. I'll go out in the field and measure all that. Put all that together.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's easy. That that video would just be Hey, let's let's test it out exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, the worst so home you're going to have is that you put the wires on backwards and then you'll figure that out. It's not working.
Speaker 1: And so how do you attach how do you attach the toll roid to the winder because it's there right now, but.
Speaker 6: That's what the middle hole and the two holes on the side of it to the front and back do you just put You put it through the middle and then go through the other ones. See the one behind it and one in the front of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so you just put it through both of those. Okay, that's easy enough.
Speaker 6: Right, straight in a straight line and right, yeah, a straight line.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 6: And I just usually take the head of the thing and just push it and make sure it goes down inside it doesn't stick up so it doesn't snag your heat shrink.
Speaker 1: And then after that you put the heat shrink on it like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just keep working it slowly and it'll it'll straighten out.
Speaker 5: It's the heat is going to shrink a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This is similar to the heat shrink that I think A c. K uses on his antenna.
Speaker 3: Pro tip, make sure you test it well before you put the shrink and test.
Speaker 1: It's a that's a good idea, yeah, okay, all.
Speaker 6: Right, And and for my ground lug, what I'll usually do well. I will usually run it through that little that little hole right but next to.
Speaker 1: It first, this one doesn't it'll way to be one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll run up through that.
Speaker 1: And then that way that for tension relief and.
Speaker 6: Then when you yeah, and then you're really not going to have any tension on it. But then it's it's kind of putting it where you're going to wind.
Speaker 1: It later, gotcha, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. I mean if you take it off and on, you can. You can.
Speaker 6: Also, there's so many things you can do with our winder that like some people will do a like for the for the radios, they'll do a clip on where they can clip it off.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know, I think t O is doing that with his Okay.
Speaker 5: All kinds of things.
Speaker 6: Basically, that's our whole Our whole thing is make it yours how you want it. We'll give you the basics and then you just kind of do what you want. If you want to do something a little bit different, do it. It's your antent that you're building it yourself. You're not buying something already built, you know, and you're learning.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that it comes with the strap that you can wrap it around it once you once you wind all the wire up on the winder itself, and you can put the strap around it and just keep it tight.
Speaker 6: And I wish we could get those in eleven inches because it's just barely small enough to fit.
Speaker 5: Hmhm.
Speaker 6: But it works. Wind it, wind it big and it'll it'll do fine. Cool, you got it? Okay, you're got to take that out on a on a poda.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean hang them on my wall.
Speaker 1: Right, well, you know what I mean. I've got so many of them now I should probably start doing that, but I've been wanting to do it. I built that K six er K one hundred watt infant halfwave and I took it out to put the wire on it, and I did a short. I haven't completed the video yet because he hadn't had this in stocking like a year and a half. I'm like, well, if he ever gets him back in stock, maybe i'll put the video up. I don't know, but we.
Speaker 6: Keep our stock going. Yeah, we don't run out like everybody else makes kids makes kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool, well good, yeah, this is uh, this is I like having I've got a lot of infed half waves, I say a lot. I've probably got six or eight of them, maybe ten of them something like that. Got a couple of new pac tens this week actually, and then in fed half waves are great, especially if you're using a radio like an FT eight ninety one or a an older f IC seven thousand or some of the sick. Yeah right, well, a radio without a tuner. But yes, because but because there it's you're you either have a compromised radio or a compromised antenna because an infed halfwave is resonant on four different bands, or it can be well, actually, if you want to do an eighty meter, it can be resien on seven different bands. But it's uh, those are great into but I like to have options as well. I've used a random wire I was I was talking earlier about that Nelson antenna's random wire that I used on Poto a few years ago. I made a lot of contacts with it, no problems, so I wanted something different, so I'm glad I got I got this model from you guys.
Speaker 6: Definitely, it's one of that's one of apes favorites because he likes the shorter antennas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and that's true. Also, yeah, it was only for forty one feet a wire as opposed to like sixty five ish feet on an infant halfway four forty right, so that's true. Also, all right, Well, all you got to do now is go out and use it. Yeah, yeah, I will. I will do that. In fact, I've got that new Zaigu sitting here that I was going to take on Poda and Galveston. I just ran out of time when I was there at Labor Day, So I'm gonna probably take it up to LBJ Grasslands here maybe next week. And uh, those those Zygu radios have fantastic tuners in them, so not that you not that you really need a robust antenna or a robust tuner for the antenna.
Speaker 5: But you're no problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah three to one will get you, yeah, in business.
Speaker 6: But use a choke at the at the antenna. That helps a lot of times.
Speaker 1: A choke in the co acts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just took it to the antenna or close.
Speaker 1: I've got it built in, uh, choking one of my I've got that ab R coax with the built in yeah perfect, yeah, choking and at the one end of it. So yeah cool, perfect, Well thanks, uh all right, thanks thanks for being here. Guys appreciate this. I like to do these types of builds and see how they work after that. So anything anything else that you want to cover about this or any of the other three intennas you guys offer.
Speaker 6: Now we're we're actually coming out with a couple couple maybe a couple more things here eventually something.
Speaker 3: The check is in the mail, Well, Chuck is in the mail.
Speaker 1: The chuck is in the mail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we've got an update coming out. It's not an update. It's a beefier version of the Poseidon called the Kronos, and it's it's in prototype testing now. We're playing with different wraps and different toroids. It will be rated for one digital and two hundred watts single sideband, which means at least and it's been blood tested up to probably four or five hundred wots.
Speaker 1: Okay, anything I see that? Jason Lockwood, thank you for the twenty dollars super chat. What's that the third one?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: Jason?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jason, than you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Well, send me one of those when you when you guys get them ready. I would love to fuel test that one as well. In fact, we'll do another build on the stream if you want to. Is it going to be is that have a lot bigger toroid?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Chronos will have a different toroid box.
Speaker 1: It's going to be in a box. Okay, in a box.
Speaker 3: With some socks while you're eating locks.
Speaker 5: I actually had my Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the one you had a yellow See you said you had a prototype something at Yellowstone.
Speaker 5: I remember that, always playing with something.
Speaker 1: Okay, and the poseidon correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: That's the vertical, yes, yes, yes, yes, and will be just the bigger, bigger vertical, same same vertical element, same counterpoise. Okay, just more more better, guts more stouter, guts.
Speaker 1: More better okay, yeah, okay, cool, all right, guys, Well, thank you very much and look forward to seeing the next project. And uh these I really like these bills. Hopefully YouTube won't delete this live stream so it'll stay anything any closing arguments for Moody. I know Frank wants to talk about his mugs one more time, but do you guys have anything about coffee and hen radios?
Speaker 5: Before that?
Speaker 1: Tell everybody when your live stream.
Speaker 4: Is Thursday night, seven pm Central, Saturday morning nine am Central, and we We just argue NonStop.
Speaker 5: Is what we do best. Right.
Speaker 3: It's like a bunch of howler monkeys flinging poo at each other.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 2: I like these guys' comments. Here is this intenda Frank proof?
Speaker 3: So nothing is Frank proof.
Speaker 4: It might be maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm still using mine. I had a cold sarda joint that came lists, so I don't have to fix that other than that.
Speaker 3: Just add more solder frank. That works for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: But you, but you did fix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I desided it and use a solder sucker to suck it all up, and.
Speaker 5: I redid it.
Speaker 6: What was the old stuff used to make yourself?
Speaker 5: The radio stuff? Heath kits. It's like our antennas are.
Speaker 6: Like a heath kit. It's it's as good as you make it.
Speaker 5: Basically.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. Okay, Well, hey, once again, thanks guys, Thank you to everybody in the chat. Check out the link that I will update in the description here in just like two or three minutes. Radio dot com, Yeah, coffee and him radios dot com. Click on shop they've got their four antennas up there at some other stuff too, I think, and go check that out and what's this like seventy three seventy four dollars?
Speaker 3: It's seventy I believe seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, so not. I mean that's for a for a kit that you build and you can kind of build the way you want it. That's that's a that's a decent price. That's a really good, good deal.
Speaker 6: And you I don't care where you buy it. You won't find a better winder if you buy it made or not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: That winder is quite quite fancy.
Speaker 6: You drop it on a rock, it's not gonna snap because it's not brutal. It's right, well, it won't melt in your car, and it won't. That's in your car.
Speaker 1: It's good too.
Speaker 6: That's good for you, Texas for six months right to you in the car.
Speaker 1: Exactly good good, So cool. Well, thanks everybody. We will catch you sometime later this week and everyone go out there, and uh, I hope to work you on the air sometime because I want to do it probably next week. Put it on ya, see guys, everybody, Hey toss a frank Yeah, oh yeah, okay, Frank, okay, yeah, oh god, go ahead, go ahead, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, Jason didn't mention this at the top of the string. I'm just gonna say at the bottom of because usually there's more people. Now, the Coffee Tank Radio Coffee Mugs is the last couple of days for pre order. We are probably gonna pull these down this coming week, and we're gonna put the orders in this coming week, So just go ahead and order those now. It's probably gonna be Friday, or not Friday, this coming Monday. I think it's gonna be the last day September sixteenth, So orders yours now, and there's a probably good chance. I don't think they're gonna be offered again. So get it now. Good, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's okay, Yeah, you already you already shared that. Okay, good, all right, thanks guys once again, fun build and go out there and see what you can do with it. Seventy three All bye to y