Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 2: Your Channel nine weather forecast. It's gotta be dry un till around five pm. We've might get some spotty showers, maybe even some storms. Seventy two for the high chances storms ends around midnight, sixty one overnight low seventy seven of you are high tomorrow with storms and showers afternoon and evening hours. Scattered storms still possible. Overnight. It'll be fifty nine low and a high of sixty nine on Friday, with chances spotty showers.
Speaker 3: Fifty eight degrees. Right now, let's go to travel. I up the big chuck Ingram from the UCLP Traffic Center. UC Health wake Well Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced searching OH expertise.
Speaker 4: Call five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 3: That's nine three nine twenty two sixty three stap bound seventy one. There's an accident of Smith then where it's the left. Two lanes are blocked off. Traffic is already heavy from above two seventy five and you're over a half hour deblay thanks to a wreck east found two seventy five near Taylor Mill right hand inside traffic back to Dixie coming up next, our guest is actually a great horse picking expert, So just in time for the Kentucky Derby, our guest is going to go with rendered judgment to win, American promised to place and journalism to show. Yes, those are actually names of horses in this week's Kentucky Derby. But it's almost like the judge had the inside track. Chuck Ingramont fifty five krs the talk station, five cars the talk station. I thought it's creative, Yes, very creative.
Speaker 5: He never ceases to amaze, never.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: So do you have a racing form there? Judge of PAULA. Tada, Welcome back to the Vity five Jacy Warning Show.
Speaker 1: My friend, I didn't even know that Kentucky Derby was this weekend.
Speaker 5: It's really not something that's on.
Speaker 1: My rate screen, understood Thomas Massey or ran Paul.
Speaker 5: But it's not something.
Speaker 4: I follow understood.
Speaker 2: And I mentioned congressomassing the lead up to the segment because as I told you yesterday when I got your column, which is always brilliant and is always on point, that I said, you know, sometimes my listeners disagree with you, and I suggested that probably they would disagree with you because your position relative to Judge Dugan, who was scheduled to preside over hearing against the Mexican national Eduardo Flores Ruiz, who had been charged with criminal batteries. So he's in her courtroom and the immigration officials show up armed with and arrest. Weren't that an immigration official had issued? And I think this is where your argument hinges on that the Fourth Amendment in your mind, in the mind of the judge disagrees and says, this is not an official warrant. This is not something that is constitutional on its face. Er go, she's not obstructing anything because the immigration official doesn't have the actual constitutional authority to issue and arrest warrant himself.
Speaker 4: Have I got that basic right?
Speaker 5: Yes, you do have that right. And this is a good faith.
Speaker 1: And from my perspective, and I presume hers widely held judicial view of the Fourth Amendment, that these administrative warrants are unconstitutional and government officials are not obligated to comply with them. Hey, judge, there's a guy in the hallway that wants to arrest a person in your courtroom.
Speaker 5: What should we do? Does he have an arrest warrant? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, tell him to go take a hike. Let me see what he has. This isn't an arrest warrant. I'm not going to honor it.
Speaker 5: And for that she gets arrested.
Speaker 4: Well, and here's me.
Speaker 2: This is where I think that the confusion perhaps comes in or the immediate actions. You know, she should have been arrested because she's obstructing administrative law or the the the the immigration law. A federal magistrate found probable cause for her arrest in basically this act of quote unquote obstruction. So is this one of those analysis like you and I have, that the federal government is violating our Fourth Amendment rights to be free of unreasonable searches, their Fifth Man rights to be free on unreasonable surchies and seizures that they do all the time. But it's never been tested in court kind of arguments. I mean, this is the law on the books, right.
Speaker 1: Well, if if evidence were obtained from an administrative warrant, it can't be used in court.
Speaker 5: So to that.
Speaker 1: Extent, it's been tested because it's obviously in violation of the Fourth Amendment. But this is also in violation of the concept of federalism. I cited the recent Supreme Court cases reminding everybody that the states are sovereign, and one an instrument of sovereignty is the state court system, and the FEDS can't interfere with it. I remember case. It wasn't a s to me but one of my colleagues, and that was on the bench. I don't have an FBI agent who was stopped on the Garden State Parkway, which is.
Speaker 5: The main highway that goes along.
Speaker 1: The spine of New Jersey north to south, going eighty five miles an hour, and he actually came into Gordon said well, I work for the FBI.
Speaker 5: I'm not bound by New Jersey law. They locked him up. It took his gun and his shield and locked him up.
Speaker 1: And nobody gets locked up for speeding, but you do get locked up for interfering with the sovereignty of a state. That's probably And it wasn't, as I said, it wasn't I who locked him up. It was one of my colleagues. You don't toy with the concept of sovereignty. You respect the court. You don't show up with something that is arguably not even a warrant and expect a judge to stop what she's doing to comply with what you want. So I know this is an unpopped popular view. Most people viewing this and probably most people listening to us now are scratching their heads saying, well, who wants to get into the constitutional weeds. Trump's job is to get illegals off the streets. I understand that argument, and I even respect the argument. I don't always agree with it, but I understand it. But Trump has an obligation. I don't personalize this to the president. He wasn't making these decisions himself to follow the Constitution, which means respect the sovereignty of the States, and follow the Fourth Amendment and follow due process, none.
Speaker 5: Of which was done in this case.
Speaker 1: Now, to make matters worse, the Supreme Court of Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Suspended the judge yesterday.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's basically a month long vacation. She has all of her perks and she gets paid, but she does not have to come to work. That would upset me, but a lot of people would say, well, this is great, I'm going Italy form.
Speaker 2: But I guess the two fold component of this is the federal magistrate found probable cause for the arrestaurant of the judge based upon her conduct, and now the Wisconsin Supreme Court has relieved her of our official duties, at least temporarily. Doesn't that sort of I mean, flying the face of the argument that you're making, which is that this she had no obligation because this was not a judicial arrest warrant.
Speaker 5: It does not in my view.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to tell you this dark and dirty secret, but every federal magistrate wants to become a federal judge, and if they don't find probable cause, the FBI will block their ascendants. That is well known in the judiciary. The federal magistrate finding probable cause is the moral equivalent of a grand jury in dighting a ham sandwich.
Speaker 4: That's seventy times over the years.
Speaker 1: By the way, these analogies are not original to me.
Speaker 2: No, I've even used the ham Sandwench analysis a grand jury. A prosecutor can get a jury, a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. It's easy to do. You select what evidence they hear and they see. You don't have to provide it with all the facts and information.
Speaker 4: Ergo.
Speaker 1: Same thing when you're trying to get an arrest warrant or a search warrant from a magistrate.
Speaker 5: So an Article three judge that's different.
Speaker 2: So put your defense attorney hat on. What is her next step given with the current situation she finds herself in, is that going to court?
Speaker 1: She should move she should move to Well, she hasn't been indicted yet, which is another crazy thing. They shouldn't have removed her from the bench until there's an indictment, because maybe there won't be an indictment.
Speaker 5: Maybe she'll testify before the grand jury. You know, she is a former defense lawyer herself.
Speaker 1: But her next step would be, once indicted, to move to dismiss the indictment. First Amendment, fourth Amendment, Amendment, and even tenth Amendment, which is the residue of state sovereignty grounds.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, I would.
Speaker 5: Also throw in there.
Speaker 1: A statement from the president's press secretary that he would not hesitate to arrest Supreme Court justices if he felt it was appropriate. Man, you talk about an inappropriate statement, an intimidating statement, a statement that will backfire.
Speaker 2: That was it, well, and that certainly fuels what I can only characterize is this sort of unhinged anger that's coming from the left over a lot of times really absolutely nothing, but this is the attack on the judicial system. This fuels the fire of those arguments and those claims by the left against the Trump administration writ large right.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean those who are rejoicing in Judge Dougan's arrest. Flip the switch and think of a liberal president and DJ arresting a conservative judge and how would you feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or arresting parents who show up at school board meetings professing their anger over policy.
Speaker 1: Right right, there you go, Yeah, there you go. That's an even better analogy because it actually.
Speaker 4: Happened in spite of the First Amendment.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean the.
Speaker 1: Same FBI, which, by the way, could have said, Judge Dugan, we have a warned for your arrest.
Speaker 5: Can you surrender with your lawyer? Here's where you should go, and here's the.
Speaker 1: Time when you can do it, Like when the mayor of New York was indicted. Instead, rather than telling her they were coming for her, they told the press yeah, and then they showed up when she got out of her car in the parking lot of the courthouse and handcuffed to behind her back, which is the way you handcuff dangerous people obviously meant to intimidate.
Speaker 2: Like when CNN was alerted ahead of time that they were going to be rating Donald Trump's House for Privileged Documents, correct.
Speaker 1: Or when they rated when Bob Muller rated the Roger Stones House, and CNN just happened to be there at five thirty.
Speaker 5: In the morning.
Speaker 4: All right, they talked to you.
Speaker 1: I wrote a piece called an American Nightmare, and these things happen and they shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Well food for thought, and I'm glad you're able to break this down. And I excellent explanation. I understand exactly where you're coming from. And I know you provided my listeners with at least a clear eyed perspective on the situation, and Popcorn will remain out well.
Speaker 5: I think your listeners. I think your listeners are smart people.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, enjoy.
Speaker 1: Hearing an argument which is not one they're familiar with here accustomed to hearing.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what we all need. Don't live in an echo chamber. Listen to someone different, different perspective. You don't have have to ultimately side with them, but it's a it's a refreshing thing to have a great you know, sort of I don't want to say intellectual, like I'm patting myself on the back, but that's exactly what we get an involved, you know, fact based, law based driven discussion. That's the point of this segment. That's why I love having you on the show every week. God love you, my man, Judge Ennitapolitana. I'll talk next week with you and I help you have a wonderful, wonderful.
Speaker 4: Week, My friend, all the best friends. Thank you, Thank you, sir. It's a forty fifty five KRC the talk station, be right back, fifty five KRC. Thinking about buying your first home now with third federal