Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I am your host, Shauna Garmer here with me as usual mister Mark Morrison, and well Mark, how was.
Speaker 1: Your week?
Speaker 3: It's all right? Beat Usk Training two. It's not Superman. How about you?
Speaker 1: I went to the beach, played some more clear obscure. We'll talk about that. And you're desk training too as well.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The continuing Fallout literally and figuraly of the Xbox layoffs continues with a report coming that multiple Fallout games are in development. We'll talk about that. Is that gonna save or make us look any better or worse? A week later? What sales data may show about how you know? Cementing essentially Xbox's new direction or direction in which they're going. PlayStation had a state of play for Ghosts Yota. Some interesting things coming out of that. Are people focusing too much on whether sequels are sequels or they're not innovating enough. We'll talk about that too. Doty coom Bonanza hype as it comes out this week, and maybe there's a dot com movie too, So we'll talk about all of that and more. All right, So, yeah, let's go ahead and get the housekeeping here out of the way so we can get on with the show. If this is your first time watching or listening, we do appreciate you. So you can watch us live on Monday is at nine pm on the YouTube channel to a network, or you can also just watch later on demand on YouTube as well, and you can also listen later on podcasts. If you subscribe to the YouTube channel, you get not only what we do here with the video games, but if you like movies, like Mark just mentioned, I'm pretty sure the Riolets are broadcasting folks are going to be doing their Superman movie review here very shortly, and you know then you can go watch or listen to it later whenever you like. They do a great job going in depth on what they liked about the movie, what they didn't, you know, bringing in other stuff as well, so they definitely do a great job in reviewing those. Also, the anime side of Taco Cafe, they do a great job on their end. They just did their rewards and top animated the Sprints season as they get ready for the summer season this week, so plenty for them to talk about this upcoming week here whenever they do the episode. So but all right, it's probably going to be a shorter show today because there's not a not a huge big news there was last week, but there's some fallout from it and right whatnot. But let's go ahead and get into it on the game side of things. Uh, you finished us Stranding too, Randy said, he also finished us Stranding too. He told me you were gonna hate the ending. That's true.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, but not for the reason you might think. Uh, there's two really bad moments in it. The first is like this like dance sequence that is like unforgivable. Ah, okay, I kind of ignored that or I'm trying to. The second is, uh, it's more fun, like it's not bad necessarily, but it's just extremely underwhelming. And it's like it's like this big not even big, but it's like this you know, fist fight between your guy and Detroy Baker character, and it feels like so hackneyed and so like underwhelming. It's like impressive in a way, and it also feels like Kojima is like desperately trying to recat reclaim the you know plaud It's and how cool that like the medical Solid four one was with you know, solid and liquid fighting on the top of the you know metal gear at the end. Uh, this ain't that. This, this decidally is not that. Like it feels worse. Uh, it's not as memorable because you don't care about you kind of care about normal Rita's character, but you don't care about the other one at all. And it's not you know four three or four other games back in this one up as far as history and mythology, and yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 1: That's not great.
Speaker 3: And like the funny thing is like the fight. The fight immediately before that one is also like really not good because it's like, oh, you gotta you know, this is like the final push and you gotta go rescue tomorrow. And it's like, Okay, they stripped you of all your weapons except for the stupid like guitar gun that hit Higgs as the Troy Baker character, which right, Yeah, it's like either like tap it to like shoot like little bullets, or you can hold the time to like shoot like a bigger one. But the fight is so like boring and predictable. It's like, Okay, he blocks all the small shots, so hit him with the big one. That'll stun him for like a few seconds, and you get a few small shots in and do that about twenty more times and then it ends awesome, and it's like okay, uh sure, like did you run into money at this point or you know, I imagine something should have been cooler here, but it's like, okay, we've got to wrap this up, so let's just repeat this or reuse this you know, uh setting or this stage and have this guy jumping around kind of but not really ah, And I never felt like in danger or it's not like you know, this is like some arduous boss fight. I pretty much just ran around trying trying to find him, stunned them, shot him, and then he would disappear and then do that all over again, and it's like, yeah, this is not hitting the way it's supposed to. I guess, I mean, I guess. I don't know how the first game ended, like if it was like some big climactic boss players some things. But yo, this sucks shit.
Speaker 1: And he said he nailed why you wouldn't like what he would focus on.
Speaker 3: I mean that's just like the game, like the gameplay deficiencies, like I'm really trying to ignore like this stupid Charlie, uh, you know, Uncovering and you know the stupid bullshit that happened with that. And I think I read on Wikipedia that like Kojima like did they bit attested this game or something like that, and yeah, and.
Speaker 1: There was too much enjoyment of the game, so he had to go.
Speaker 3: And write It's like, yeah, that's not a that's not exactly a good reason to change a game. And then b like it's what you changed is still bad or you know, like I don't know if this was like originally in the game or not, but it's still like it's not like provocative or you know, thought provoking or anything like that. Just like this is dumb, and Okay, I think.
Speaker 1: It's more about he, you know, just he didn't want it to He didn't want there to be too much gushing because he's worried about okay, if everybody else is lacking it, you know, and maybe there's something wrong that people aren't seeing. I can kind of get that point, I guess.
Speaker 3: But now it's bad because you know, he likes to claim awards or you know, that's why he hit the guy named game Awards where you're saying, Jeff Keey for buddy Buddy.
Speaker 1: Well that's yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know. I think like, also, if you're gonna make like a game to be divisive, it shouldn't cost whatever, one hundred million dollars or who who the whole knows so much system costs. You know, I don't think it was that much, but it's probably over fifty. Like this ain't some small game that he made in his garage, like right, So yeah, here's the thing. I actually still kind of like the game, like it's driving around is fine, and I'm actually still playing it. I think the uh, I'll play platinum the thing, assuming I can. You know, the only really hard platinum trophy is like get every shelter to five stars and some of them go up like glacially slow. But other than that, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, at least you didn't like, you know, hate play the game or whatever you liked for the most part, just you know, let me stick the landing for you.
Speaker 3: I guess I have over one hundred hours in the.
Speaker 1: Thing, so damn hundred hours.
Speaker 3: All right. I'm like, I think they don't really give you a good like number well to like compare to but I think like my like quarter ranking is like two sixty two or something that seems high. I don't know, I hadn't. I don't know if it goes to like three hundred or nine hundred, you know, like who knows. But yeah, Uh, the one funny thing, well, there's a lot of like weird inconsistencies and the thing, but like the funniest part is it they have this character called Rainy, who like when they introduce her, she's like literally being chased by like villagers basically because they think she's like some time which and then she's also pregnant and it's like who who had sex with her? Or you know, like they portray her as like, oh, everyone's afraid of her because it rains wherever she is and that causes like the whole time faul nonsense said, Okay, but uh who impregnated her? They're like no, But if they're gonna produce, if they're gonna have this character basically introduced at everyone's scared of her and she has like no human connection at all, then it would help.
Speaker 1: Okay. Uh So I mean sometimes weird happened. Weird things happen just because you know, weird things.
Speaker 3: In this game. Nothing where it ever happens. H The only other thing, the only thing I've been playing is Red Dead Redemption one.
Speaker 1: She got pren for the time fall hours.
Speaker 3: Uh they know, well they don't. They don't say how she had her powers and she didn't just like show up or you know, it's not like she just h appeared one day. Like she's obviously grown through this world. So whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is true. Kajima has a little bit of the sort of the anime syndrome thing of needing to overspoon.
Speaker 3: I mean they could to say anime scenes caused everything. Yeah, good enough, his usual answer, Right, what.
Speaker 1: I mean you're so you're saying like an eight out of ten? Yeah, problemly Okay.
Speaker 3: Like I said, the last hour or so really soured me. But other than that, it was fun. And it was also funny because like the chapter there's at least two chapters where do anything. It's just you know, cut scenes. Yeah, oh, one other thing I'll talk about in a second, But like andcus like chapter fifteen, they're like, okay, you have to basically drive across the continent, pick up this scene from this lab, and then drive across drop to the other side of the continent and it's like okay, and I read up like a guide and it was like, oh, you can need to go up the mountains, go on the path, you know, go across on the coast, or kind of do one, kind of do both at the same time. And it's like I chocked the road because my game, like I pretty much already had the road system built out, so it was like no issue at all. I just drew, you know. It took me like twenty minutes, and I'm like, okay, I'm not going to ask.
Speaker 1: It was if something it took a long time or it not.
Speaker 3: It takes about ten to twenty minutes, depending on how built up your road system is. But like where I am in the game or you know, even at that point, like I had already built out of the entire tram system like mono rail and eighty percent of the roads, so it was like no problem at all. And they're like, okay, I've done this half a dozen times since, you know before and stance, so it's no biggie. This drafted this like one one uh you know base that has the monorail that that'll take me across. I have like a cord to the continent dropped to the next base, and that takes me basically where the where I need where the lab is. And that's okay. Yeah. Uh. The one other thing I'll mention is, uh, Kadima really seems to hate psychiatry. Why do you say that. I don't know if he's like a secret scientologist or what, because like, there's a psychiatrist in the game who's incredibly like unethical. I'm not going to get into like the spoilers or her story, but uh, he doesn't seem to have respect for the for the genre or for the job.
Speaker 1: I am, but could I just be part of the whole story with that person and not necessarily.
Speaker 3: No psychiatry, because like the psychiatrist is having sex with our patients, so that seems a tad on ethical.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's something like that hasn't happened ever, right, I'm just saying we've seen it happen. It's not yea out of the realm.
Speaker 3: But it happens twice. So it's like, I guess you could kind of excuse the first time, but the second time it makes you seem like a monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well yeah, yeah, Randy gives I didn't want to. Randy gives interesting uh story information about why what you were talking about actually makes sense. But I don't want to give spoiler city if I haven't played the game yet.
Speaker 3: Called denial, that's called that's called trying to trying to formulate this or you know, trying to make.
Speaker 1: Makes a point. They do explain it, like you know, it's just it's an explaining. You may not like the explanation, but it is explained.
Speaker 3: Uh but all right, how's Expedition thirty three treating you?
Speaker 1: I'm in, I'm an act three. I'm trying to do all the side stuff I did the Monoco side thing.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, do you ever actually use that character?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I use the character a lot. I love getting the using them like the Blue Mage and getting the different things from the the enemies. I found some really cool ones that work. Yeah, the feet, Yeah, so he he's a cool kid. I like I switch around the characters all the time, so I like using them around. Uh stuff, Hating Mark's there? All right, moving on, moving on for the standing. I'm sure we'll probably get into some more hate talk or whatever when we get to talk about Superman at the end. Maybe, But I haven't watched it, but you know, you can still give your yeah, don't pull too much thoughts there. But no, I ran into the thing that I've really enjoyed about this game again, like doing the Sacred River Park, there's a gestural that you just a merchant that you have to beat in order to get he he's uh, he has like all these leveled up pictos, right, and also it's like you're pretty much gonna have to like go do other stuff in the game to get the money that you need to get most of those pictos anyway, but to actually get them, you have to beat him. You don't get to buy anything ans you beat him, right, and he has two like side minions that it took me forever to beat them because it was all three of them, and the two minions change constantly how they want to hit you. It's not like most of the enemies where they just do the same attacks over and over, right, Literally, They'll just hit you with a different attack like every time. And I'm sitting there with my l like trying to do this and just constantly bro I think I had to do it like twenty times, and finally I beat it right afore I'm getting picked up, you know, to go with the girlfriend for the day, and I'm just like, yes, finally freaking beat these guys I couldn't beat for like a whole hour. But I love that when you like feel like you learn the patterns well enough to just be like, Okay, I'm just gonna get it this one time. And I finally got it, got to unlock one of the picic thoughs, and I was like, geez, seventy thousand for one of them. Good guys. Okay, I'm definitely gonna have to come back to this later. So uh, then I have to go do the rest of that area. Then I'll probably go do the the Mile one because I've heard that hers is like really cool before I get to the end, because that one apparently has like story things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're too they're too uh not side, but you know hidden bosses that are pretty story heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the the Simon one that apparently has a lot of story stuff too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I sign it, and then I think they're the one is like Claire or something.
Speaker 1: I forget her name, but yeah, the relative Yeah, but trying not to if Randy's wasn't trying not to mention stuff because he's he's still got ways to go right, and then I'll I don't know if I'm gonna beat the game before Friday, but I'm trying to beat the game for Friday, so then I can just play Donkey Kong after that.
Speaker 3: But I do like flying around, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fun. You get to actually that control him, so he's he's almost like an airship without being an airship.
Speaker 3: And it's right, you know, I was on like version of one point zero and like he was bugging out constantly where he's just like fro he was basically like t posts in the air and I'm sure he's supposed to like have some animation flying around, but he's just like stuck. But it was still it was all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty simple to control, like the I like to use in it, you know, still gotta go through. There's a lot it almost feels like a lot of that side stuff is really made for you to do it after.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah the game too, So I mean what you can't like once he finished the game, like that's it. But well, I mean like you do get new Game Plus, but like yeah, act three is like really when the game opens up like that whole vertical tower to get the name of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the endless Tower thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well that well there's also like the like the one arena where it's like three fights but there's like twenty like thirty levels or something.
Speaker 1: Oh that's yeah.
Speaker 3: But now there's like this huge like dungeon where can just keep like going up and up and up and it's like outside and it's really.
Speaker 1: Cool awesome, uh you know, a way to go do more stuff in that game.
Speaker 3: Yes, And like I think it's really cool. Like when it like once you do start playing around, you kind of see how like I don't want to say it like limited but small the world is, but it's incredibly focused, so that kind of is fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it still feels big for what it is. Like, it's not this like tiny thing.
Speaker 3: I mean there's no no, it's kind of like the it's like the opposite of like kind of original Find of Fans seven where it's like, oh, you think there is this big, open world, right, It's like no, there's like four towns you can visit and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all kind of like packed together in certain areas, you know. But yeah, I mean, you still gotta try. It's like you're not having to travel this these huge distances or whatever, but still there's stead if it. Obviously it feels like you said, a lot smaller once you get to fly around with him or whatever, where it's like when you're swimming, it really does feel like, oh my god, it takes forever for me to get to one yeah side to the other right yeah.
Speaker 3: And then once you can fly, you can get across the world in like fifteen seconds or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still have been able to beat that strong character.
Speaker 3: Okay, once you do, you get a really cool pick though, called cheat yeah, which lets you do two turns.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like I need that. That's why I keep trying to keep trying to beat him, and it's like just not happening. I keep messing up on one of the perries and uh, then it screws over my team. I got him down to like three fourths health one time, and then I messed up on too many perries and it just killed the team, and right damn it. That's one of those that like it's you know, anybody watching that hasn't like he's really strong, has a lot of health, and you have to like there's ways, especially once you get to the you might as well even bother until you get the pictos that let you go over the nine nine nine right nine. Uh, and even then it's still a lot of freaking health. You got to play with the Stendals still not yeah so yeah, yeah, no, it's uh, she does a lot of damage with that move, but it's not anywhere near what you know it used to be. Right, and my kids are like level fifty six, it's not like they're you know, really low level. And it still feels like it's like not enough, so Matt have to mess around with the picto arrangement or whatnot, right to see on that. But yeah, and still enjoying that. See if I can finish there for Friday, and you know, still my game of the year so far.
Speaker 3: I gotta say it, like the ending is like it's really cool, but it's not particularly like challenging.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I mean that's a lot of jerrafyg's. Also, you think that the final boss is supposed to be some amazing boss fight and it's not from a difficulty standpoint. It's more about the story while it's happened.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the only game I've been playing here. So I guess we shall get into the news. I guess we shall start with the bigger development with the Xbox stuff after. I want to say, like the day after we did the episode, Jordan Miller was on the French per second podcast with Skill Up and he's, of course the Miller is from Video Games Chronicle. He was talking about that there's multiple Fallout projects in development. Of course we know that the Fallout three we master is pretty much happening. They've had people kind of just not confirm it, but confirm it, you know, right, And of course we know Fallout five is somewhere in the ether, right. And after that week we kind of have to guess on what's happening. I think they mentioned like a New Vegas two possibly with Josh Soros said he would be willing to work on Fallout again. Yeah, So what do you think about a any Fallout game that you either like to see remaster or do you want to see a sequel.
Speaker 3: Of Fallout Shelter too. Let's go.
Speaker 1: The one game that you don't like.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I do want to see a you know, I would like to say see you fall Out three remaster or kind of fixed because that game even back then had some issues with the navigation or getting your own kind of suck ah. And it's I mean Fallout like is the big thing right now where it's you know, they're another school TV show, like yeah, at.
Speaker 1: Least for this year or whenever the season two is gonna air and then season three.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of said that like season two is supposed to hit this year like December, yeah, which it's honestly like kind of a quick turnaround for a streaming show like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with most shows have been like it lasts like takes like two years for the Yeah.
Speaker 3: I read a funny thing that like, you know, between Stranger Things season four and season five, the bear has come out had four seasons.
Speaker 1: To be fair, like this final season of Stranger Things is like supposed to be like every episode is a movie. So you know, I'm sure that takes a while.
Speaker 3: It doesn't need no like scale down.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know, but that's the point that they don't want to because that's it. There's not going to be any more Stranger Things apparently.
Speaker 3: So I mean, giving the reviews of the last season. That may not be a bad thing.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yeah, it's I enjoyed it, but it wasn't like, you know, hit the high. I mean that's a lot of a lot of shows like The Bear also had that problem where season three was just kind of like slow and season four was better. Yeah, I just finished watching it, you know, yesterday, but you know, still hadn't hit the heights of the first two seasons, which that seems to happen a lot with TV, the streaming shows. The longer they go, the you know, not always, but just they can't hit those levels because it's just it's much more difficult at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, writers leave, audience goes away, budget shrinks.
Speaker 1: So exactly hopefully not for Fallout.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I think in New Vegas two, I think you kind of done, especially since the TV show is gonna suck that all up. Probably, Yeah, I would say go somewhere else, you know, I mean I assume fall Out five is gonna be somewhere else.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean they could do like a sort of like a spin off of one of them, the established ones, and you know, or hey something there.
Speaker 3: You know, Pula Capcom start remaking the old ones.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they're already doing three, but I think, well that was the rumor for a while and then Todd Howard shut that down right doing that. So yeah, hey, I mean that's cool that we're getting the remaster three. I imagine there's gotta be something else besides just Remaster three and fall Off five that they don't want to like reveal QUI yet. I think honestly, at this point, the way that things have been going for them, I wouldn't not revealing unless you know for sure it's coming, because.
Speaker 3: You don't want to go seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah you think so, you think they're gonna event.
Speaker 3: I saw some stupid clickbaity article that like, well, the work have to is do out any any day now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sure sure it is. Yeah, I mean they dis canceled that one.
Speaker 3: MMO.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine they're gonna right shoot the Golden goose to try to get I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I don't think I think that that's just kind of like a large company, a large developer. But they see once they're like, hone in on our project, they seem to be almost kind of go full force on it. Like I don't expect I'm sure they're all working on Older Scroll six right now, and there's probably like hony people working on follow Out five somewhere like in the basement or something.
Speaker 1: But it's not like, yeah, you ever doing the remaster of three?
Speaker 3: Right, I don't think they're. I mean, they're not remastering three and they just pinted out to someone else and say, hey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Virtuos is probably working on that. Yeah, that they even though you know there's issues with the elder scrolls or Oblivion remastered, right, Yeah. Look, I think that that's an interesting look at. Does this mean that they went with whatever these fallout projects are instead of some of the other games that they canceled. I mean, they're kind of just going the route that a lot of people are, which is unfortunate. I hope this doesn't mean that this is what all of Xbox is going to be eventually. I don't want to see them activision the entirety of all the studios because for me, like what I care about with Xbox is the smaller games. I like the fact that we have Us Out the Midnight and then Avowed and even a hell Blade two, which I know is a franchise, but it was a smaller game. They just you know, Adam was cinematic stuff to it.
Speaker 3: It happens when you get Fallout or you know, Call of Duty cross Fallout and that's just like a big crossover, or you know you can buy you know, buy the pit Boy and Call of Duty and you can wear it.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised somebody hasn't tried to do that.
Speaker 3: But too busy putting and they got important going on.
Speaker 1: Or put like the doom guy in Call right, you know, that's that's one that I haven't like. Or put master Chief, and that's when we know we've gone to the right glass. We need to make money, is you put master.
Speaker 3: Chief and that that's when that's when you officially know Halo is dead.
Speaker 1: Well, we didn't say that. I mean you had You've had Cradles and master Chief in Fortnite. So I just think that fact that when you're starting to cross your franchises like that, it's I think it's like that's when it goes like really just all right, we're going beyond there. But no, I just I do worry about that a little bit of just like okay, we're canceling. I mean, yeah, okay, you can explain Perfect Dark and Ever while those weren't really going anywhere, but like that Zenomax Online MMO, like really seemed like it was really well liked, and then we're canceling it because I guess they didn't feel like they could justify funding that thing until like twenty twenty seven or something, Yeah, to continue development, which sucks, and who knows, we don't even know if there was other things. Can't mean that Romero Games thing, but you know, there has been more about the whole game pass being profitable thing right this week, and you know, I think at this point don't need to keep beating a dead horse. But I do think that the like best selling games stuff kind of pretty much tells you that they're not going to move from this strategy, because once again, just like the last month, they are owning things on the PlayStation store with Elder Shows, four Obliginar remaster for as, the Horizon five, Minecraft Call of Duty. All that stuff is selling over there, and we'll be the show is also selling well, which is, you know, good for Sony. But I mean when you're owning like the Top, you know, five out of eight or so spots, I mean that's kind of hard to be like, oh yeah, let's just go back to what we were doing, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a double edged sword though, because they're putting the good, the good Xbox games on there. They're not putting on Starfield or red Fall.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, red Fall's not going I mean that's not red Fall is not going to get pointed over. That game is done pretty much like.
Speaker 3: That even did though, and if something became like a big system seller, you know, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be surprised if Starfield makes it. They've been making too many rumors about Starfield a PS five for that thing not to come over at some point. I don't really know what they're waiting on.
Speaker 3: Uh, I mean I think I've already kind of said the dlc' is done or you know, like.
Speaker 1: I didn't yeah, after that last after the the the one DLC they made didn't hit very well, right, which also like proved to be like it wasn't well. The DLC was more that they cut a piece of content and just said, Okay, we're just gonna make this bigger, and most of them didn't like it. Other Ring Night Ring Round Up being number one, which a lot of people were wondering if it was gonna sell well, and I did. And also Ding the Dark Ages was number two and that's mostly on PC and PS five sales, and I think people were very concerned about, oh, is everybody paying on game Pass and they're not buying it, And it turns out that they were buying it. It's number sixteen for the entire year.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Force Arising five is number twelve for the entire year, which is crazy. That is an old game that just off of PS five sales.
Speaker 3: It's an old game, but it's a really great game. And also it's chilling a niche on you know PS five that other games aren't hidden, Like it's not like that Test Drive game you know it was.
Speaker 1: Good or yeah, there's no need for sam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the speed's terrible. I think they're shutting that down pretty much. You know grand my second is good when I've heard, but it's not that's the simulation part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the sport, right, So so.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, it's that's really not surprising for you know, Forza, because that's a pretty venerable franchise that Yeah, I think it's overall good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I am. But also the selling at that full price, which helps people are just they're buying that thing, and it's.
Speaker 3: I really want Microsoft, like similar to hit PS five.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's if they'll do that or not, Like, is there an audience for that.
Speaker 3: Again, it'd be funny if it was. It's like somehow big system seller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always see that as a novelty. Every time they throw that out there was like, okay, I know what. It's just like the strategy games that I think is cool that Microsoft, you know, noves wrote that niche.
Speaker 3: But you're you're wrong, partially because like the systems or the tragic games are the niche. But like Flight Simulator does like shockingly well and like the specific areas it wants to hit well.
Speaker 1: And also it's always been a PC game, right well, so you know, I mean, it'd be interesting to see if it does well. But it's I mean, that seems like a big task to bring it over to PlayStation.
Speaker 2: And you don't know.
Speaker 1: If it's gonna right well or not. You know, it's uh but again, like look, you're you're on in the top seven for the month of May. You're in number two, three, four, seven, uh and five and seven, you know, and I.
Speaker 3: Should maybe asked the question, why do we need a hardware business anymore?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think a lot of people ask that question. But like we'll see if if they do make that transition to PC and they can feel a need that they feel like you know, only they can do then and continue to kind of just disrupt by being the big the major aggregator, then I guess, you know whatever I mean, Hell divers is still there at sixteen, so that's good for Sony and and will be the show as well. And it sounds cree Shadow still hanging in there. That's still being well, good for you besoft. They have like you know, not much else going on, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird that, like I mean, I guess it sorts to constrict a little last generation, but like this generation cycle has done like a dismal for movies oft. They just keep.
Speaker 1: Getting negative, negative, negative, right, But you.
Speaker 3: Know, like I said, when when it launched, like they didn't have their usual eight games for the switch to so you knew that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I think there's a police for Star Wars Outlaws on but that's kind of it.
Speaker 3: And I think they're gonna port over Shadows at.
Speaker 1: Some point, but I'm sure that'll be next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we'll see. But definitely Microsoft so far is correct and doing this move over to PlayStation, so well, Xbox will turn the favorite with Hell Divers too. We'll have to see. It'd be very interesting to see if it sells well, if Sony makes any kind of considerations about any older games, like hey, you know, I think I talked about it last week, like just why not Charles is about to come out? Why not give them Eternal see what happens, you know, or would they consider anything else? Would they consider like oh, we've announced Spider Man three, here's Spider Man one on Xbox. You know you know that that will sell if you put it on there.
Speaker 3: Xbox has uh cracked down three?
Speaker 1: They got all they need, right, Yeah, well, well to see it's like it's one of those things that obviously, I guess it just kind of depends on, like what we were talking about. If if they consider Xbox a a way to make money and not actual competition, right, then you know, if they don't see a threat of people actually deciding to because it's not like, you know, your ecosystems are going to go over to Xbox. Right, So like if you don't buy a PS six, it's not like all of a sudden all your games are going to work on You had to have bought them on PC for them to work, right. They're not gonna make them work from your PS five to your two PC to then the Xbox. So I don't think you know, that's that's one thing to say if Xbox goes that route where everything it is a PC or whatnot, Yeah, it kind of affects them if you put your games on PC, which Sonny at any point can just say, okay, well we're just not gonna put anything else on PC for a long while while Microsoft has his strategy, you know, and it doesn't really affect them otherwise. So you know, but now that Astrobod is filling all the holes that they with with characters that they didn't with the original game, I wonder if they play nice enough, if if Xbox will ever like like, hey, this is the celebration of all of gaming, right, so why not have a Xbox characters? They have a Marcus and master Chief and in ASTBA right, we go that far. You know, they really need to go make sure they make all the money. So make the deal with Sony for that too. But speaking of Sony here, they did have that ghost Yo tasted of play. Uh. I just finished watching it before we we did the show. I thought it was really good. I love that wance a name mode where you're essentially, you know, getting to have low five beats while you're walking around doing your thing. What did you watch any of it? And are you interested?
Speaker 2: Kind?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm still interested in the game. I kind of didn't like that mode. It just seem like a gimmick, you know, it just seemed, you know, dumb. Yeah. Uh, it's like, why not just put a big afro onner and called that, you know, afro Samurai mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do, but you know, I like.
Speaker 3: To like to first some a decent amount and I'll tell you like this one if I can play it, so sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the mo where they're going to put the camera culture for the the fights too. That was interesting. I do like that they apparently are making it more kind of freedom, giving your freedom to explore as well. They're not going to make it more about like Okay, here's all the stuff on the map and uh kind of wanting to letting you do what you want to do that kind of thing, right, Lots of talk about it's too much like giost of Sushima, that they should have done more to make it different, Like why couldn't they have just given us more with jin uh Any thought on that, like are we focusing too much on sequels need to innovate instead of like what what's wrong with it just being more of what you like from the first game.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's supposed to be a different time period, like it's not like two years later or something like it's like one hundred years later or something like that, or so it's like it can't exactly had him back. Also, his star is kind of done, you know, like, yeah, I'm gonna have some other you know, some other Mongols or whatever invading and they killed a mommy didn't know and you know whatever. So that's dumb. And most sequels don't innerate a ton, you know, unless they're really trying to, you know, break the mold. But like the people that would say this, you know, I got a feeling like they didn't say the same thing about you know, Dark Souls one, two, and three. If I put a screenshot of those games, like I get to you and say pick, you know, pick which one is which you wouldn't have a fucking clue. I wouldn't And unless it's a an area probably so Yeah, most sequels don't iterate iterate a ton these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think that it's to me, you're just you're focusing on the wrong thing here, Like I feel like, you know, they are showing you why you should get this game and play this game. They are trying to show you the new parts of you know, the newer parts of it, and it feels like you're just trying to find things to complain about, right, instead of.
Speaker 3: I've seen the other side where people are complaining, well not about this one, but people are complaining that she's not hot enough.
Speaker 1: Well you know, really that's just that's just the the people being assholes or the whole oh they could have done this on PS four. Thing where it's like, you know, that's the deal is that, Like I think a lot of this you're not going to really see what's you know, even better about it then goes to Shushima until you play it on PSI pro I think, right, And there's always that part of like you gotta remember these trailers are like on compressed video. Yes, you look like on your TV. And I know, though they'll probably do the four K version of the trailer later or whatnot, maybe we'll see a better version of it. But it's just like people just make too much about oh man, this isn't really next Shin and all this stuff, and it's like, guys, it's just getting to the point where it's diminishing returns, like we're not gonna get that giant leap anymore. Look at Switch To, Man, it really is just Man, my games run better and they look better. They look great. I think Mario Kart World looks great. But you know, even even Donkey Kong Bonanza was was done first on Switch one. Then they realized that they couldn't do a lot of the stuff they wanted to do with it, so they put it on Switch To, very much like Mark Art World. So it's like, look, this is a PS five game. Maybe it's not knocking you out of the park or whatever, but unfortunately that's just kind of how things are. It's right, this is this is where we're at with graphics. This graphics are just too good now and there's not really a way for them to like give you that PS three four.
Speaker 3: League, you know, if you want that, stop playing games for twenty years, you know, and then come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, Especially if you play games on PC. You're just you're never going to see that because you're constantly being what games can be. You know.
Speaker 3: Imagine, imagine if you hadn't played games for twenty years and you you know, the last game you played is a Dead Rising one or you know, Cameo, and then you sort of playing Astrobot and you know, the latest Call of Duty your home, you'd be like blown away.
Speaker 1: Just the dude, just the load times alone of like not having to sit there and wait for the load screen and then all of a sudden, oh bamn, you're right there again. Like that in itself is just awesome. And think about it if you haven't played games since then, and then you put that in with the way the graphics look now, it's like, wow, it's just like way too really, you know, it's the realism is is insane. You know, I sort of know how much more realistic even want.
Speaker 3: Except for Fantasy thirteen. We can all agree that that's aged perfectly and looks as good then as it does now.
Speaker 1: It's just like you know, they they showed I think, like, uh, what shake gillis Alexander looks like on NBA two K twenty six or whatever, because he's one of the cover athletes, And I'm just like, okay, you could tell it looks better. But it's just like, what are y'all complaining about? It's like, well more do you want them to do with it?
Speaker 3: They complain because the old standard of triple hair can no longer be. It can no longer be the testing method.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that too. But but yeah, I mean I'm excited for Gotta as well. So it looks like October two, I'm gonna be ready for that game. You like the the PS five that they brought out with it, really.
Speaker 3: You know, I want them to just make a transparent one. That's what I want.
Speaker 1: You know, I do agree, I would be cool. That's only that's the kind of the issue I have with with both of the The series X is even worse because it's like a like almost like a cloth that goes over it or whatever and or like a little cover. And then I know the psive is kind of the same thing, except they're those plates, right, so you know, it doesn't feel as special as they used to. Yeah, but you know that's the way they decided to make these consoles.
Speaker 3: Here's a better question, is hey, it bought like a very Asian console.
Speaker 1: No, I bought the controllers but not the console.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I mean I think the like lasterie Asian console. I'm not talking like the weird debug crap. I buy boys, uh the black second Dreamcast, the Sports One. Yeah, and it wasn't like I didn't buy it new. I just thought it use because this looks neat.
Speaker 1: But the only one of those I had was I had the Atomic purple. I had the green, the light green game Boy color, and then I wanted the Atomic purple game Boy color. And that's only the times I've ever had two versions of the same thing, right, just because of what it looks like or whatnot. It's just, you know, it's not like these consoles are cheap for you to just go buy because now it has a Gears of War thing on it, or but that's the the version of the console you're buying then, you know.
Speaker 3: Or like the PlayStation when or the you know, the anniversary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that anniversary, Like that's special, right, because they're not going to come out with another version of that, right, so all right, moving from that to Nintendo here, I'm sorry, I forgot that. I said that Nintendo had multiple movie projects on the works as part of the intro last week, and then I realized we didn't talk about it. But thankfully there's reports that Universal Nintendo are teaming up with it for a Donkey Kong movie is one of the I guess that's the one of the projects that are in the works, which is not surprising. Mia Moto has really made it a point about Donkey Kong, is that the character they're promoting. You know, between the addition to Super Nintendo Land, the game, you know, Bonanza, they had the remaster of what was the one that came out doun Kong Country Returns at the beginning of this year, they've really gone all in on Doty Kong, the redesigned Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.
Speaker 3: Uh So.
Speaker 1: Not surprising, right, I mean, what do you uh are? Would you be excited to see a Donkey Kong movie like with all the other cons, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, do they get suck broken back?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean he has that's the voice don Yong now right? Like yeah, in the game, it's well yeah, maybe maybe not the game, but you know the movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I mean I think, I mean, they can see what they want. But I always always thought don Key Kong is more be tr character. Uh yeah, why not.
Speaker 1: I mean when you have a Mario and Link and even Zola to an extent, it's like, yeah, what can you what can you do there? And all the characters are gonna kind of seem like B tier.
Speaker 3: You have. You have other characters like Samus and star Fox that they don't do ship with most of the time.
Speaker 1: I think they kind of I still feel like we're leading into like there this is. They're trying to make this a Mario universe thing. And you know, I don't blame them in a.
Speaker 3: Way, like I'm only a favorite that if they bring back Captain in Captain Captain and the game Master Car.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be the lead up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, don King Kong's fine, But you know, I think that like it's not a ton of meat on that bone. Let's just say that even compared to other you know, Nintendo franchises, because every every day and Donkey Kong game is the same.
Speaker 1: For the latest one apparently, yes for this one and the sixties.
Speaker 3: I'm still no. Sixteen four is still the same, and you had more characters. You know, there's still as K Cruel is like the bad guy, and I'm one hundred percent convinced to be the bad guy in this one.
Speaker 1: Also, well, it seems like those three characters that are they should.
Speaker 3: Exactly, but they'll either be shown as robots created by K Cruel or they'll be like under his thumb or you know, they they'll be like his minions. But at the end of the day, I'll be k crule.
Speaker 1: Fair enough.
Speaker 3: But like you know what, you know what, like the Hindo franchise, I think would actually be a good movie would be uh earth bone, Like imagine.
Speaker 1: You'd have to translate Mother three if you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna fine do it like you know, they can't like hide behind the Oh would cost too much bullshit, excuse anymore, like hey, it's been done by fans and then be like just do it yourself. It's not like Tolstoy. It's not like some thousand page tome that you mean you know, ah, but imagine like a not shitty version of an Elo movie.
Speaker 1: M God, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the same kind of promise you know kids, you know, aliens and kids, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, yeah, so, I mean that'd be cool if they get that far into the Nintendo universe that we can get an Earth That movie. I'd be so happy about that, or a kid Icarus movie or whatever. You know, we'll see if we get a Kirby movie at all, you know.
Speaker 3: But just and have a little Mac voice by Fuster salone.
Speaker 1: Oh man, yes, let's do that. I feel like we got to have a Samus movie. You gotta have a Metroid at some point, like yeah, oh no, maybe that's better as a series or whatever, but I feel like, you know, I got Metro prime for coming right, give it its moment. Yep, wouldn't be surprised if, you know, Zelda also gets her own movie. Maybe, you know, if if like the first Legend of Zelda movie does well, maybe they give Zelda a bigger part in the second one or something.
Speaker 3: And she gets a wand called Gammelong.
Speaker 1: But there's a I mean, that's the thing with these these Nintendo projects is like, is this all leading up to doing a Smash Brothers thing? Is this all like doing on one thing at a time, because Nintendo's already said like they will be heavily involved anytime the amazoning intenta we're being made, So.
Speaker 3: I would I see, I actually wouldn't mind it if some of these were like real life.
Speaker 1: Hm, well that's the The other one is live action, right well hopefully yeah it's yeah, it's it's not animated, so that makes sense to be animated like that.
Speaker 3: Like the three i'd like to see like be like live action as Zelda Metroid and then star Fox.
Speaker 1: M hm, star Fouks co work either way.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, but star Fucks can really bring in that fur a community.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well you're gonna that's You're gonna be your take on Sonic and see the Starbucks. Right Kirby kind of Kirby has to be animated. I feel like, I don't know if you could do that.
Speaker 3: Remember that weird Kirby cartoon like twenty years ago, where's it Kirby on Earth? It was like super weird.
Speaker 1: I only I only know the right back at the show. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking of. Okay, wasn't he on Earth? Yes?
Speaker 1: He is, He's on Earth and that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember something little kid. If you always make hea these goddamn cartoons with like little kids showing up like Sonic X, It's like, why are they on earth? And why is he hanging out there's a rich kids mansion.
Speaker 1: Because they have to. That's the way of making it relatable, you know, they right do that? Is there like an off the wall like character or one that like you don't think they would make it, but it'd be awesome if they did make a movie about that.
Speaker 3: Ah No, I don't know, because like most of the obscure and Atendo characters, they really have de emphasized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like with all the F one movie and all that other like these these plethora of car movie like Grand Tarisma, you would think that like F zero getting a movie wouldn't be too far fest But you know, considering how they don't want to make a new game in that, yeah, zero ninety nine, but.
Speaker 3: Let us re release that speed Racer movie with captain talking and it instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can do that. But yeah, I mean, we know there's a dot com movie coming most likely. I already mentioned that it looks like don com Bananza. Development started on Switch one, but because of all the Vauxhall rackets and all the other stuff they had to move to switch to.
Speaker 3: You know, people complain about like technology, you know, technically or technological impasses or you know, graphic expanding fast methods, like that's what you get nowadays. It was on one console and they moved to a different one. I mean, hell, you know, Tom Thanks To seven was originally supposed to be an N sixty four game, and then they're like nope, yeah.
Speaker 1: I said, no, we're not gonna be there. I mean, that's that's also just the iterations of the consoles now, it's like it's a smaller iteration. So of course there's gonna be games that they started trying to make on the system that had the biggest install base, and they said, you know, it's not gonna work. We're just gonna have to put the next one. Uh. They just happened to make. Let's see how much better Metro Prime for and Pechmon's Za look on switch to Like, I'm sure then the difference will be noticeable. It'll be huge, how much better they're gonna run, and how much better the graphics look. It's not going to be like, oh my God of the swirld I should you know. I'm sure it'll be playable on Switch one, but I'm sure you're gonna run into a lot of the same hiccups you didn't like on Pokemon Scroll Switch one, so.
Speaker 3: You know, fifteen a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this game is actually a twitch game, so like you won't be able to get the magic I feel like that you got with Metro Prime four or Metro Prime one remaster, and what's going on with the two and three remasters. It's just not gonna happen, Like, are those just in a vault somewhere that Nintendo's like, I don't know, it's weird that they wouldn't have tried to release those A four four, But all right, I guess it doesn't matter particularly. I thought they're right. Doesn't the story all kind of correlate or it doesn't.
Speaker 3: I assume that I never played any of those games, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think people there's a lot of people were making a big deal about that too, and it's just like this is just the way it is. Unfortunately, it's like the movement from console to console is not going to be it's gonna be a big event. Still, people are gonna go and buy them, right.
Speaker 3: But you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like Mark, Honestly, I I had my like week with the Switch. You know, I got to get an eye to play Marco with me and all that stuff, But like, I really haven't, you know, been playing it too much. You know, maybe I need Donkey Kong to get me to it be that game that finally gets me like, oh, okay, this, I'm going to the Switch to every day and playing it and.
Speaker 3: What you haven't had my week with it yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, now you're you're done with games that you need to play right now you can go.
Speaker 3: And hey, I forget about reddad.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: I'm still, like I said, I'm still working on stupid death training nonsense or trophy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, are you gonna get Donkey Kong?
Speaker 3: You just if it reviews well maybe, I mean we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure the embargo is probably if not to not tomorrow. It's like this Wednesday. I'm sure there's rumors direct happening right some point after the game releases, so within the next two weeks, which makes sense. I think you, like, we know what's coming. We don't even have dates, we don't even have a release date from March are prime for so they kind of need to do one. Just also, I think like investors kind of want to know what's happening with this the switch to going forward, so I mean, yeah, it'd be it'd be cool if we do have one, hopefully. And also I'm gonna continues to even though I don't know how much to know. I'm sure that they brought this up in court and this is why the FBI had to go and shut it down. But another win for Nintendo legally as a Nintendo Switch, like Pirate website was taken down by the FBI. Right, you know, I'm sure there are many others that exist. I have yeah, no idea where they are, nor do I care. But for those people that do, I'm sure you do. Right, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean I said, strike one down, five more spring up in its placed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and I'm so I will not be surprised at all if at some point in the next couple of years we get the.
Speaker 1: Oh, we figured out how to hack the switch to right as much as I you know it in that conversation, but it's inevitable. It feels like that's just it keeps having unfortunately keeps having the Nintendo and they're going to fight it and all that stuff, but not could be able to knock everybody.
Speaker 3: Down, right, I don't know, I'm kind of I mean, I would generally say piracy of the current system is wrong, but I still think like it'd be nice of the system was still open for other shit.
Speaker 1: It's just it's like the slippery slope of yeah, when you open it for other stuff, like, how do you stop people from just pirrating the games then? And that's the problem. It's like if people actually used it for what it was supposed to do, the problem is like that's like a very small percentage of the people that are doing it for the backups. Most people are doing it to just the game, right, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that was the old argument when PlayStation three like dropped as support and then people got passed and then sort of hacking it and that's what caused it to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, antend also doesn't help themselves when they kill the voucher program thing to things like that that are kind of like consumer friendly, right, Obviously I understand why they killed it for Switch one, but like, why couldn't you just introduce that for switch to and just say hey, it's continuing.
Speaker 3: We're just now.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I mean, at least try to act like you care that you want people to look. I get it. People still buy their games regardless, Like you know, everybody comes in here and complains about the price or something, and you know they go and still buy the damn game. So we'll see when Doctor cong actually comes out how big of a sales it has and everything now that we're out of the Yeah, because I mean we saw it with the not that there was this amazing lineup of games anything, but we saw it like it wasn't like you had a bunch of people going by every switch to launch game, right, So you know, let's see if Donkey Kong is the system seller and the the you know, mover that they wanted to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lastly, there's an update with SONATICA two that basically essentially like right after we did the show, it felt like the next day there was this news because we we kind of talked about it, but as like, oh, are they just leaving because they feel like the game is done and you know they don't need to be there any longer, And you find out that actually part of the reason why they're leaving is because Crafton is essentially stiffing them on a two hundred and fifty million dollar bonus, which you know that is not any kind of chump change. I'd love to have ten or fifty million dollars and a bonus as well, you know, so I can kind of understand why the leads on the team kind of feel like Crafton is just screwing them over. And in fact, they went and delayed the games that's twenty twenty six to essentially avoid having to give out this this money. Crafting basically, you know, put out a statement saying that they don't they just don't believe that the game is ready, which is if you ask the.
Speaker 3: Twenty early access not version of one point zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're saying that. Essentially the absence of the core leadership is built in repeated confusion and direction and significant delays. The current early access version also falls short in terms of content volume. We're deeply disappointed by the former leadership's conduct, and above all, we are profound sense of betrayal by their failure to honor the trust placed in them by our fans. Uh suing a Milton billion dollar company a painful, public and possibly protracted way was certainly not on my bucket list, uh said the uh one of the leaders that left. It's this Uh this turned really ugly really fast.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Not great, not a great look for Crafton honestly after they got a lot of good will for saving Why can't I think of the name right now? The high Fight Rush sh right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then you go and turn around and do something like this, yeah, tango, And it's just like, all right, you're kind of telling people that, oh, we're just saying it's not ready so that we don't have to pay them the money that they kind of deserve. That's kind of shitty. It's like when you know your boss decides just to not give you your you're the bonus or whatever because you know they end up winning it for themselves or Whatnot's.
Speaker 3: I I probably actually would partially agree with crafting, like the game might not be really access ready. I mean, who knows, but a when as I never started company, you know anyone before, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I kind of leads credence to. This is like nobody cared about releasing it half finished game really before, right, especially in an early access when it's like, you know, you're paying for this to be like not finished.
Speaker 3: Right, so uh and yeah, two to fifty million, that's like yeah, like you said, it's not small potatoes, Like it's yeah a signific ain't full amount, but it's just like they're significant amount of their money and.
Speaker 1: That goes to the dev team as well. It's not just the leadership, it's that that's the whole team that's being affected here. And then those are people that are making styfically probably less than that triumvirent of leadership. So yeah, yeah, I feel bad for them.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean it'd be funny, like, I mean, they wouldn't do this because this is by be argued for years. But like if they took it to like just ten you know, people who are ten people who were on games or like game fans, and he said, like had them review the game like in its current state and say, what do you think They said, no, it was not enough here or they they said like, hey, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure. I mean there is oh my god, I can't think of the term. But it's like the early reviewing that happens while the game is Yeah, the MOC reviews I'm sure there was, and I'm sure it's probably like, oh, Crafton has their own mock reviewers that they brought in that are saying that, right, and you know, just to kind of be would be like, hey, well we have evidence on our end that says it's not ready, and it's like that's bs.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like okay, but would do you really trust your own mocker viewers because there's a two d and fifty million dollars incentive?
Speaker 1: But then yeah, exactly for you not that's uh not great honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but all right, I think that's I kind of up the game, you know, does come out. It'd be funnyf it came out like the like the last week of December or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure, Like well, I mean Crafton ultimately decides, yeah, but it.
Speaker 3: Would be funny. It's like, you know, the actual developers just put it up on like Steam here you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like hey, and we put it up. It's out there, somebody bought it. It's like, okay, you gotta give us some money.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It's like, well right, yeah, but we'll see if it does want if they resolve this issue and it does want it coming out or not, and hopefully it does, you know, because there's a lot of people love some Nautica one, so hopefully get more of that. But all right, that's gonna be it for the episode today. I guess the only thing left to finish it on is what's coming out this week, Destiny to the Edge of Faith. The next Destiny to expansion is literally out now or tomorrow. Whenever you're watching or listening to this, Yeah, that's cool for Destiny people. You're your game is still Dungeon and Dragons never win the nights to the remastered thing. It's coming to everything. Also on the fifteen, Eaton's Zero is coming, which is like the anime game that has a demo you can play if you want. It's actually pretty decent, so I would give it a whirl. Another game that got a lot of praise because it has a lot of a lot of cinematic elements, but it's like a isommetric stealth game. Also, Eric's Holme the Solen Dream comes out on the fifteenth as well. Ready or not. It's finally coming to console on the fifteenth too. Of course, talking on Bonanza on the seventeenth, I talked about already that's the big game for this week that I'm sure people are ready. You got the Robo cockros Rogue City Unfinished Business Expansion or whatever that is.
Speaker 3: I would like to think that that's good, but probably not.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it can't be of the same quality of the original game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my point stand like a great a great idea, but let's just say, yeah, a little shot execution.
Speaker 1: Right, it wasn't especially on some consoles. It wasn't the greatest for sure. Neon Abyss two comes out into early access also on the seventeenth. The Drifter, which is the next like point and click kind of heralded indie, comes out on the seventeenth as well for PC and mobile. Lots of indie stuff this week, and then Shadow Labyrinth, the Evil pac Man game, comes out on the eighteenth for everything. Right, So yeah, I'm kind of intrigued by that Eagle pac Man. I want to see what the reviews are.
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 1: Interested in it all?
Speaker 3: Maybe? I mean, if it has decent reviews, might give it a shot.
Speaker 1: But hopefully it's good. Yeah, don't like, you know, let's give pack Man a new lease on life, you know. But all right, Uh, that's it for this week. Thank you everybody for watching listening. We do you appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Uh you see that twist the middle season two trailer.
Speaker 1: I have not I heard. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: It's more game you know, friendly or you know. Yeah, it seems to be more based in the game, which is good.
Speaker 1: I guess that's coming at the end of this month, so right, you're excited, go check it out. Oh. Any thoughts on on Superman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good, I mean better in the last you know, three Superman movies for you know whatever, and yeah, four or five whatever. Uh, you know, Allen scares about the soundtrack, so he doesn't he doesn't like to soundtrack and he heard outside of the movie mo now.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the movie's too stuffed, like it's overly stuff with like characters and certain plot elements. It's still good, you know, David corn Sweat is a you know, really good Superman. Ah Rachel and I can try to pronounce. Her last name was decent. She was a little underwritten. I thought at points, like my biggest problem with the movie is like they don't spend a ton of time in the Daily Planet. Ah. They got like two scenes there and that's about it. And that's not great, Like I wanted to have more or you know, it felt like the movie is only like two hours long, and I think this could have been padded out a little longer or you know, and more interconnected stuff, you know. But yeah, I like that'll be a good foundation for to build on hopefully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was gonna ask. You think it's a good, like kind of setter for the rest of what they want.
Speaker 2: To do with.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only the only weird thing will be how they do Batman, you know, if and when they do, because like this is very cartoony. It's like like or silver Age, you know, well, they have him be like the grim Dark version that Nolan tried probably not Nolan Snyder tried to do, or will be a little more realistic or less or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean the last time I heard like Batman two wasn't going well.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, they just finish a script like three weeks ago, and I said, yo, it's been a while, Like yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, there was like it's in trouble. Are they going to cancel it?
Speaker 3: It's still like not even like part of this universe. I think it's like a separate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on separate things. So they're going to have another Batman that they're then going to have right brought in just for this Like that seems.
Speaker 3: Kind of bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Annoy. The whole point is to have one for every thing, not not have like we're gonna have two different Batman's around like right.
Speaker 3: And I guess I also saw like we talked about it two weeks ago, but I guess Alan Richardson isn't gonna be guile in that movie, that street Fighter movie. Yeah, now they're saying as Cody Rhodes, Yeah, I saw, uh, which, No, first off, I don't want half the Street Fighter characters to have a bunch of dumb ass tattoos.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean they can cover those up.
Speaker 3: And then again, like like we were talking about a few weeks ago, what is it going to be like headlining WrestleMania Guyle versus A Kuma?
Speaker 1: You know, you know I can see I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: I won only be in favor of that if Cody Rose makes you learn to a flash kick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what, uh who who's in ww's pockets that we have both Roman and and Cody Rhoades getting spots here like did somebody sign a deal to like, oh, this is another way to promote them.
Speaker 3: A question? Do you think they cast? I think your name now is Blake Monroe, but Mariah May excusing me.
Speaker 1: Cammy okay, uh no, but you know, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Pull it off. I mean, hey, at least he's British.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm you know, I'm always kind of like, I'm not gonna hate on the casting until I actually see them doing the role, because that happens a lot. We overdo it on oh man, this guy shouldn't have been this this character, and then it comes out and they they actually do really well. So yeah, I'm trusting that, like the people that are doing the cast, you know what they're what they're doing.
Speaker 3: So hopeful, but all right, uh not all on like t k O his pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but all right, we'll see what happens next week, definitely. I will have thoughts on Donkey Kong Guinanza, Okay, and then we'll see whatever else happens between now and the next Monday. So until then, everyone, see you later.