Speaker 1: Tiver the weather Jane and I.
Speaker 2: The first one of the weather forecast tells us today is going to be mostly sunny, turning the partly cloudy sixty three for the high to be dry driver night, partly cloudy skies in lower forty six, pleasant day tomorrow the highest sixty eight, partly clotty skies. Got a couple of clouds overnight Saturday forty nine for the low and then maybe a slight chance of rain on Sunday, otherwise partly clouding in the highest sixty eight fifty degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 3: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. From pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging the women's health experts that you see health offering personalized care with the newest treatments. Learn more and you see how dot com forward slash women northbound seventy five getting better pass butter minimal delays into town now but getting heavier out of Saint Bernard to an accident at Town Street northbound two seventy five. Crews are working with an accident on the left shoulder near Eastgate. Chuck Ingram fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 2: AY thirty here fifty buy k CD Talk Station, A very happy Friday to you. This is one of those times that Jess Jrecker and I were talking about this off the air when I wish the guest was in studio. Because I'm happy to welcome on the phone Richard Dickman. He is the owner of and you'll know why a second here why I want him in studio Smoke Justice. You want some awesome Q, you want some awesome barbecue. Smoke Justice is the place to get it. Richard Dickman, Welcome to the morning show. It's good to hear from you.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks to having me, Brian.
Speaker 2: Happy to and thanks for what you do every day because I know folks love Smoke Justice Barbecue. And you're also a proud sponsor of the a LS event that's coming up. It's called second annual Q four Care Que for Care fundraiser. Let's hear about this and first time let me ask, how did you get involved with the eight with ALS aka Lou Garrig's disease.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's just unfortunate circumstances. I hit good friend in two thousand and five who passed from ALS, my aunt Connie in twenty seventeen, A good friend that was in my wedding, John Ricado.
Speaker 1: Is battling it right now, oh my.
Speaker 4: And recently we've got a really good customer, Joe Linelli, who is didn't recently diagnosed. So it's you know, those are just examples, but it seems like every time I turn around, I've got someone that I know or someone that's a customer that has a family member or friend that has had this disease.
Speaker 1: Oh my.
Speaker 2: And just feel so terribly for you having being surrounded like that. It sounds like it's similar to cancer. You know, everybody knows somebody that's got cancer, and it's a terrible thing. And my understanding, and Richard, you can correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I is.
Speaker 1: There's no cure for als? Is there?
Speaker 5: There is no cure?
Speaker 4: And honestly, the diagnosis comes from counting out every other thing that it could be and the result is that they have ALS. So not only is there no cure, but they're still trying to figure this thing out.
Speaker 2: So the fundraising that you're doing goes to what benefit is it to do research? Is it for equipment that these folks struggling with ALS need to explain to my listeners what the purpose of the fundraiser is.
Speaker 1: Well, what I've.
Speaker 4: Learned over the last few years and with the committee members I have, is the most important thing that we need to keep in mind for our fundraising is the local patients and the needs that they have.
Speaker 5: Right now. There are a lot of people raising money to find a cure, but in the.
Speaker 4: Meantime, these patients are they have a lack of things like ramps, patient care, lift, shairs, tools that they can use to make their lives better during this time, but also for the caregivers so that they can help so their family members suffer along with them and trying to help get them through this time.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, it sounds like there's a lot of need out there, but there's a lot of opportunities for my listeners to show up at some of the events you've got schedule. Let's start with Sipping for Lou happy Hours. That's plural, there are multiples of those. What's the story on that?
Speaker 5: That's correct?
Speaker 4: You know on Monday will be Memorial Day. The following day, Tuesday, the twenty seventh, we kick off our Sipping per Lou, which is a series of happy hours from forty seven in our Bourbon Lounge, and those days will be fundraising money for three local organizations that help with items such as the ones that I spoke about on the twenty eighth.
Speaker 5: On the twenty seventh, we'll kick.
Speaker 4: Off with a barrel pick. It's an old forster barrel pick, which we've got one hundred and eighty of them, and we will be selling those and all proceeds go to these the following organizations. On Wednesday always Lifting Spirits, and on Thursday Chair Force one and Friday is Operation Ramp It Up. All three of those organizations make up the triple play that the Red celebrate on June.
Speaker 1: Second, fantastic.
Speaker 2: And then these sipping events are at your restaurant, Smoke Justice, they are.
Speaker 4: And they're in the Bourbon Lounge, and if you've not been there, we've got over five hundred bourbons.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And this is a great way to im to raise money.
Speaker 5: But also to bring the community together for a great call.
Speaker 1: Richard, you're breaking out there.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, can you hear me now?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Okay, well my voice is about gone to but yeah, So this is a great opportunity to support those three organizations and what they do for the community of ALS patients.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, supporting ALS organizations is better than just saying, well, it's a day ending, and why give me a bourbon? So smoke Justice j U S t I s Smoke Justice dot com. Joe had that link of the blog page fifty five krcy dot com. Now tell my listeners about the Q for Care Barbecue street party.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the event that I just spoke about, talk about you know our brand which is smooth bourbon, and then we also have smoked meat. So on Saturday, Q for a Cure is a big picnic in the street. We've got red and white checkerboard tablecloths out. You'll go online, you'll reserve your time and order your meal. Everyone has to eat, so why not spend the money, get into a good cause. And we have bands all day so it's a festive environment.
Speaker 5: Raising money last year was amazing. We've had we served over five hundred.
Speaker 4: Meals and it had a great time while servicing that community. But that starts at eleven o'clock and it ends at eleven am and it ends at ten pm.
Speaker 1: All fantastic money.
Speaker 4: All that money, one hundred percent of the money for during those happy hours goes go back to the cause and one hundred percent of these meals on the street go to taking. Actually, basically the queue for a care means that we want to help support patients care so that the loved ones can get away, they grab groceries or whatever they need or maybe even get a good night's sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a beautiful thing you're doing, Richard, it really is. And if finally you've got the walk for ALS and Louke Garrig Day a great American ballpark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's an amazing thing that cincinnt read that really stepped it up.
Speaker 5: We are not only.
Speaker 4: Selling tickets for a block so that we can do our our share and showing our our you know what we want everyone to know. But we're going to walk from Smoke Justice across the Robling Bridge to the ballpark. And if no one has heard, there's a special event prior to that.
Speaker 5: You can only get in with the tickets.
Speaker 4: That ALS is sent is selling all these ALS organizations with John Hopps, the man with Zach Brown Band, He's going to be there and it's going to be a pre game event where again when we march across with our signs and say we're walking for our loved one, and when we get to the stadium, we'll have that pre pre game event and then we'll sit together and watch the game.
Speaker 2: Richard Dickman, owner of Smoke Justice, I cannot thank you, and my listeners cannot thank you enough for all that you're doing to help those dealing with and the families dealing with als. Obviously, it's very impactful and without a cure, these needs just do not go away. So salute to you, sir and your wonderful, wonderful restaurant, Smoke Justice. The link to all the events and information is on my blog page fifty five cares dot com Richard, so my listeners can easily go back and figure out where they need to be in a what time. Thanks again, man, you keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: Richard. It's just awesome having you on the program. Next time you're in.
Speaker 2: The studio, all right, you're in studio with some smoke test, we'll bring it to you.
Speaker 1: Man, you're the best. You take care, man, have a wonderful weekend. It's eight thirty nine right now, forty five krs the talk station and congratulations to.
Speaker 2: John Sinser is going to be joining the program next, and the successful effort on behalf of the residents of Hyde Park save Hyde Park Square signature drive, well, it got an announcement to make coming up next. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Nifty five KRC dot com, spring us here and now's the perfect time.