Speaker 1: Which fantasy stud coming off an injury needs to be known on your radar right now after good news this week?
Speaker 2: Is there another.
Speaker 1: Lesser heralded NFC East receiver that needs to be smashed late in FFPC Big Gorilla Drafts? And who are the forty two Joes that will represent the FFPC in the annual Pros Versus Joe's competition this season? Plus twenty twenty two FFPC Pros Versus Joe's third place team owners Christian Helmer's and John Hurd will drop in to talk Brenton Strange, Zach Charbonnet, and so much more. We've got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around. Your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts now.
Speaker 2: It's damn the pressure I've.
Speaker 3: Seen broadcast live in horder raul the world.
Speaker 2: You are now.
Speaker 3: Watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your hosts Eric Boltman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players.
Speaker 2: In the world at now.
Speaker 3: Because no one else was available, here are Eric Boltman and Barrel Elliot.
Speaker 1: Greetings and salutations to all of you b alcoholics and for RELIAX. Welcome into the latest episode of the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my f FPC dot com. I'm your slightly above average host Eric Baltman. My co host is the Definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, Faryl Elliott.
Speaker 2: Coming up on.
Speaker 1: Tonight show, We're going to discuss some injury news about one breakout wide receiver, will reveal the twenty twenty six roster of Joe's competing in the twenty twenty six f FPC Pros Versus Joe's Challenge, and then the twenty twenty two f f PC Pros versus Joe's third place overall finishers. Christian Helmers and John Hurd will drop by to discuss Malik Willis. We'll talk a little Trevy on Henderson with them, and so much more. Now, if you want to connect with us on X, you can do so at HSFF our I'm at Eric Balkman on X. Always learn more about Farrell's Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship at KFFSC dot com, post on our Facebook page Facebook dot com slash HSFF our email the show at High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com. If you have any questions for us, now is the time to send them in. We'll try to get to everything coming up on the show tonight before the top of the hour. I want to thank our audio engineer, my best friend Bryce, and of course our producer.
Speaker 2: And mutual friend Rob.
Speaker 1: The FFPC Joe's were chosen by everybody who got in by that early bird deadline by May thirty first, but that doesn't mean you still can't get a good deal on your main event team million dollar grand prize right now. In each additional main event team you sign up for now after your first when you're gonna get six hundred dollars off that. Check that out at my FFPC dot com. Big Gorilla drafts have been flying both live and slow. We got that seven bananas promo going on right now, so hopefully you can get multiple seven picks in a row to win free FFPC teams million dollar grand prize in that contest as well. The Baby Gerrilla just one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter, but you can still win one hundred k at is the exact same format as the Big Gorilla, and we got two best ball tournaments, the super Flex Bestball Tournament shout out to Tom Strachand from Fantasy Pro who's been streaming a bunch of his thirty five dollars FFPC super Flex Bestball Tournament drafts. You can also win one hundred k in that and of course our Best Ball Tournament, we up the grand prize from three hundred K to four hundred K this year. That's one hundred and twenty five dollars entry, so check that out at my FFPC dot com. For those of you who want to play Dynasty, we have Dynasty startups and Empire startups filling up at my ffpc dot com anywhere from one thousand dollars all though, we up to twenty five hundred dollars and chop leagues are available now thirty five dollars to enter. Just don't be the lowest scoring team in your league at any given and you win your league. Cash Main event entries and big real entries are prizes there as well. It's all at m y f FPC dot com my f FPC dot com. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. More on that coming up later on in the show. Before we can get to what's coming up next week, we have to get to what's coming up tonight, and I'm bringing my co host to help me out with that. The incomparable Definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. You find him at kfffc dot com. He is Farrell Elliott. How was Sin City last week? My friend?
Speaker 2: Well, well, then there were no sins made because I was just working. That was working so hard, and I really really loved it, and I really hated missing the show. But you know what, you had a great show. I watched it on demand and you and it was really good. So I feel like I better get back here and redeem my territory or I may find that, you know, I may continue to be all those accolades as you give me being the definitive Commissioner, but I might be definitively out of a spot on Wednesday night. So I'm back here. And speaking of that, Bill Hollywood says that this is ground Hog's Day, I think plural, meaning that there's two hogs. I'm trying to understand what he's saying there. You know, Oinker took exception to it immediately, and you know, I'm just, yeah, I wonder what he's talking about. Another guy said, it's Christmas like Christmas easy. You think you're talking about some of the things that are gonna happen tonight. I don't know. I mean it could be.
Speaker 1: I know everybody's excited to find out if there's gonna be one of the forty two jos. Technically there can only be one of the forty one jos because the guy who co hosted with me last week, Fred Hogg, is the first.
Speaker 2: Joe who got in the bread Bread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we know that there's gonna be forty one names. I'm gonna list off here in just a few minutes, so hopefully everybody will we'll stick around for that. I do want to get some fantasy football stuff, Ferrel before we get to that, and then we get Helmer's coming up little bit as well. All right, let's kick things off tonight and talk about Teteroa McMillan. Maybe this is just me. You know, there's not a ton of news coming out right now, Farrell, and and maybe this is just me. Over hyping this a little bit or not hyping it, but like being overly concerned. He's got some foot sore oness. He says he hopes to be ready for training camp. This, according to Mike k Now, mc millan has practiced some in OTAs. He's also set out a lot of OTAs as well. He told reporters that he feels good even though he missed today's practice. He remember at the end of last season he was playing through a foot injury. In twenty twenty five, he didn't miss any you know, time on the field. He played in every game because he didn't miss any time because of the of the foot injury. But the fact that that was December or early January or whatever it was when the Panthers were in the playoffs, and it's still bothering him, Pharrell, make me nervous, man. And this is an observer that you know, being having good footwork and being able to plant and cut to get in and out of his brakes, that's key. Are you concerned at all about foot soreness here in June, basically six months later from at least five months later from when he was feeling this.
Speaker 2: They just may be their excuse for keeping him on the sidelines and letting him take a slower movement into camp. Yes, of course, this is an elite player seventy catches, seven touchdowns, thousand plus yards. He's just beginning a career. Anytime in boky, you know, when your feed urge, you hurt all over, you know, you just it's just there's there's bad things that can come from that. No, I'm not particularly concerned because I believe in the health and wellness of the training crew from the NFL, and you know, they'll get him right if they If they had any thoughts that he wasn't danger in himself by being on the field, they wouldn't have him out there, even in the limited way he is. Yeah, and that's a good point.
Speaker 1: You know, if they were concerned about this, he wouldn't be doing anything at Oates's to her point Pharaoh right now. According to fantasymojo dot com. At Fantasy Mojo on x derren Armani the godfather of the pros versus Joe's competition. Anytime we cite ADP on this show, it's all due to his website fantasymojo dot com. If you play in the f FPC. You yourself a favor, get a subscription there and enhance your f FPC experience experience. Ted Rowan McMillan in The Big Gorilla over the last five days as wide receiver seventeen. At the four h five, it's between He's going between Garrett Wilson and Zay Flowers. I guess I'm fine at that price despite the foot soreess. I think you talked me off the ledge, which is why having you on this show for sure you you can wax poetic on this next one too. This is right in my backyard in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Tucker Kraft told reporters today that he expects to play Week one with no pitch count.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get on my soapbox here a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's playing with a pitch count in Week one because we play football. I ain't throwing any pitches out there.
Speaker 2: It's snapcount, thank you for it. Irritates the heck out of me. It is. People call it a pitch count.
Speaker 1: It is a snapout in football anyway. Rant Over Ryan Wood reporting this for Packers dot Com, Kraft said he's probably gonna be getting on the pup list to begin training camp, but he's said that he's going to use that time to get his conditioning right and get ready for Week one, coming off the Week nine ACL tear last year. Now I have concerns about Craft. And this is not necessarily like I'm feeling better about the injury. But I had Chris Weck from Fantasy Points on Insider Access last week and he talked about, you know, forget about the knee injury, think about how hyper efficient this guy was last year and how hot he ran. Can we really be expected to see that again this year now with Christian Watson and Jaden Reid healthy. You know, crafted so much of his damage last year when Watson and Reid were off the field. And how are FFPC players drafting Tucker Craft right now?
Speaker 2: They're drafting him.
Speaker 1: Near the ceiling Farrell, He is going off the board right now. Craft tight end seven at the six oh four. He's just behind Kyle Pitts, He's just ahead of Sam Laporta. He's within knocking distance of being tight end five, just a few picks behind Harold Fannin. I'm starting to get worried that if you draft Craft that high, it's fine if he's producing the way that he was or close to what he was last year. Don't know if that's going to be the case with Reid and Watson healthy.
Speaker 2: Though, you know one of the one of the who is it whole? Into this whole NFC North is fun to draft Sean Greeney, and you know Greeney is right about that. That's a situation where you see a lot of points, you see a lot of potential, and you see the teams and players. You're familiar with the teams and players you opened up, and you do not live in fear bulky. So I do not want you to worry. But I think this is as high as Craft goes in the draft. I think it really is. Is this is you know, he's at his upper ceiling right now. You have thirty two catches about five hundred yards six tds in eight games. Now, this is if you can keep these three receivers healthy and these three receivers on the field at the same time all together, who did they lose? Dubs is gone Watson. Watson is my guy in this group, but I can make an argument for the other players as well. I think, in much the same way that we talked about Jacksonville two weeks ago that the conversation that we need to take from this goes to the quarterback. I very very much like what the quarterback can do. The quarterback twenty three tds last year with only six picks. One of his quarterback rating was way up in the league amongst the starters. I really, I really think that, I really think that if you want to get involved with the Packers, you can look at the quarterback and get him at a bargain price. What would our man tell us about that? The mojo on What did mojo have to say about that?
Speaker 1: Armani's mojo has love a quarterback twenty right now.
Speaker 2: And it's just free. And so if you like Craft that much to draft him his seven, then God knows everybody likes Watson and the two other receivers are open to debate. I probably like Read best amongst them. But any way you look at it, if these guys are going to be that successful draft picks, why aren't you drafting Jordan Love.
Speaker 1: It's a great point, and considering this nebulous situation we have with Josh Jacobs going on right now, Love still hasn't risen up to you know, past Mayfield, past Shook, you know, players like this.
Speaker 2: He's still down there, so I think he's a value right now. I think you're nineteen touchdown passes by Love to the receiving cord, the outside wide receivers last year. It's a great number.
Speaker 1: I I we're minutes away from announcing the Joe's roster, maybe just a minute, So I want to get to one more thing here, Ferrell before we get to that. Alec Pierce is saying that he could return late in Colts training camp.
Speaker 2: Mike Chapel or Chappelle, I'm not sure how to pronounced.
Speaker 1: Apologies to you, Mike, who covers the Colts report of this today. He had ankle surgery in late April.
Speaker 2: Pierce did. He waited on it.
Speaker 1: He talked to some doctors and they said you should probably have the surgery. It's a four to six month recovery and he had this surgery in April. We don't know if this dude's going to be active for week one at this point, when you consider that Michael Pittman's gone, that Pierce. The Colts were expecting big things from Pierce this year, and now I wonder if Pierce is being overdrafted and guys like Tyler Warren and Josh Downs should be moved up because I'm a little bit nervous about Pierce not only not starting the season on time, but maybe you know, having a slow start to the season that maybe goes into October while he kind of gets up into football ship because he'll missing training camp. I think I'm off Alec Pierce and I gotta be you know, on Downs and Warren at this point, and maybe Ady Mitchell is or not Adie Mitchell. Uh oh god, I gotta bring up my cold step chart. The other the other receiver there in Indianapolis not Downs and obviously warns the tight end the other. I know they drafted Dion Burks. It's a westbrookikini late in in basketball. You can look at that guy as well. So I don't know, man, I'm kind of down about Alec Pierce after after reading this today from from Mike Chappel, I would.
Speaker 2: Encourage everyone in the league to get down on him where I can continue draft from him and drafting late. Now. This player is who they want to target. He's the guy that's going to carry Jones. That's that's what it's all about. This is a great downfield pass catcher, but you're a right bulky. He's got to get downfield. He's unquietionable that he can do so many things what you're looking at as a receiver to be successful. He high points the ball, he wins the contested catches ses, he's glued to the deep pass. He's everything you want in a downfield receiver. This is the most disturbing news that anyone who's been drafting early should have, because if you drafted this guy, you believe in this guy. You drafted doing for a reason. You just didn't throw out a pick out there. A lot of the people are you know, good about Downs? And yeah, Downs is a good little receiver, good little complimentary receivers. It's not the kind of player that this guy is. There's no player that I'm rooting for more to return in full health because I'm really anxious to see what he's what he could do. And you know how much I love Pittman. I love the new location for Pittman. But Pittman leaving opens up a world of possibilities for this player. So I hope he heals very aggressively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have I have some alec Pierce. I was drafting him early because I thought I was getting a deal on him, and now I'm kind of a little nervous that wide receiver depth behind him in September. At least the buys don't start till week five.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's still a little still a little uh nerve wracking.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have Ak's got a question as we'll go ahead and answer that. Don't don't don't rewind Frankie.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's what I'm postrank Frankie said, just getting off work.
Speaker 2: Do I need to start from the beginning.
Speaker 1: To see pros Versus Joe's or is that coming later?
Speaker 2: Still I'm glad you put the word work in there. Yeah. Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crucial otherwise we'll be demonetized by by YouTube. Scott Kobe is going to be joining us on Friday for extra reps, says, I'm about to announce him, and that's it. It is time to announce twenty twenty six roster for the f FPC Pros Versus Joe's. As a reminder, the names I'm about to mention all had their main event teams in by and paid in full by May thirty first the early bird deadline, they got entered into the drawing. Thank you so much for the support for everybody supporting the FFPC Main Event this year. It's a ton of entries and we had to narrow it down to forty two. Each one of these teams or players I should mention, will have the opportunity to draft in a twelve team league against five other Joes and six other industry pros. The winners of each of those leagues will win a twenty twenty seven FFPC Main Event entry, which is twenty two hundred bucks. Farrell may or may not be sending the second place team a pair of socks.
Speaker 2: We don't know. We have the socks covering.
Speaker 1: Okay, the socks are coming. And then I believe ARMANI and I have to check and I didn't see, but he's been putting together a championship belt for the overall winner out of all eighty four teams the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: See and I'm predicting that out he's forty two. At least eight to twelve of the guys are regularly seeing a podiatrist for some foot issue. I think that's probably what's going on. That's why we have socks, Bourbon socks. According to Sean Green Ring those bad boys out.
Speaker 1: All right, without further ado, here are the names I'm gonna read co owners as well. Okay, so the first ones we have here, Griffin Bushell and Brian Wells are in pros Versus Joe's this year. A member of the Fantasy Sopranos family, Michael Carboni is actually going to be drafting in pros Versus Joe's this year. No stranger to the high stakes fantasy football or in fact the guy we had on just a few weeks a few weeks ago, Bill Hollywood and his brother and pros Versus Jo's this year. Bill's in the chat room tonight. So congratulations to you, Bills. Ever since we switched the show to Wednesday's Pharrell, I always say at the end of the show, as our friend Vince staff Alino likes to.
Speaker 2: Say, you're over the hump.
Speaker 1: Now, welcome aboard to pros Versus Joe's twenty twenty six. You're over the humped. Staff Allno, Vince Dallino is back in pros Versus Joes this year.
Speaker 2: I do believe I have to check on this. I think he was in before. I'm almost positively on the show before.
Speaker 1: No, not Vince, I'm talking about the next guys on ire Matt and Andrew Stone. I think Matt Stone's been on the short show before. He will be in a preview of the next roado Is High Stakes Lowdown, which is going to be held July seventh at ten pm. My guests on that show will be in pros Versus Joe's this year. It's Caleb Alcorn and Sean Isaacs, who's who's been on this show before. They'll be on the roadov Is High Stake Slowdown and they're drafting and pros Versus Joe's this year. Congratulations to them. Another friend of the show, a guy who has been on multiple times, Steve g Steven Irglos the Fantasy Soprano himself drafting and pros Versus Joe's. That's going to be a lot of fun, So welcome aboard there, longtime FFPC player Graham Dowick and Damon Hibbert. That combo will be drafting and pros Versus Joe's. Harry Mills, Welcome board to pros Versus Joe's twenty twenty six. Another former guest of the show, I believe I had him on. I could be wrong about this. I know I tried to get him out in the past. Maybe our schedules didn't match up. But Jim Robertson is going to be drafting and pros Versus Joe's this year. We go through the list, John Sellinger is drafting and PJ. Nico Tamasi is drafting and pros Versus Joe's this year, and then back from the dead. I don't I think this is a screen name. Rhet Auerbach Farrell is going to be in pros Versus jose this year, so that'll be interesting to see him come back from the dead to draft up with a cigar. With a cigar, no doubt it all right, Former guest of the show. I believe both these guys have been on. Roy Parinzuela and Corey Hanstein welcome to Pross Joe's.
Speaker 2: They've drafted in it before.
Speaker 1: I believe Sean and Jackson Sullivan will be one of the forty two Joes in pros Versus Joe's, Tim Parker and Josh Bishop as well. The former back to back Midstakes League winner overall winner, I should say, has the first in first and fifteen podcasts. Stay Ready a beab Egg Buttoba You will be in pros Versus Joe's this year as well. Christopher and Brandon Betts drafting in pros Versus Jo's. Harrison Dillman is going to be drafting in PBJ Farrell one of our Kentucky buddies by way of California. James Bednar welcome aboard, Hey, absolutely yeah, John Flake and Dave Nichols, Kevin Robinson, Pat Leo, Michael Faye will all be on that whole lot of guys there. Nolan Cradell and James Doubleday that tandem will be drafting Anthony Detoma and then a guy that I've hung out with in Vegas before drafts in some of the big paybacks out there, Matt Gruberger along with Scott Breuger. Gruberger will be in pros Versus Joe's this year. We move on through the list, Jeremiah Turner and Chris Herbert, john Shaw, the War Eagle himself, John Shaw and Jay Winning sharing a team in Pro Versus Jo's this year. Dave mcquisten in PVJ, Dave Coleman, longtime FFPC player, Troy Wells, and Nicholas Trice. I have to go back through the annals in hsff our history. I think I might have had those guys on at one point, but they're in pros Versus Jos this year as well. Clayton Etheridge Welcome to pros Versus Joe's twenty twenty six. Adam Rillett Welcome a board. Former FFPC main event winners Tim Deno and Tim Bolu will be joining pros Versus Jos this year. Exciting to have those guys drafting. They will be a force to be reckoned with. Steve and Sean Klitzner will be drafting in pros Versus Joe's. Matt Moore Welcome a board to pros Versus Joe's. Mark and Brent Messina, no stranger to the FFPC family of podcasts, they will be in pros Versus Joe's. Kevin and Brad Brophy, who I know draft in Las Vegas every year. Paul Tiicera and Peter Puzzo, who have been on this show multiple times, will be in pros Versus Joe's. I have two names left, but one of them you already know. It's Fred Hong, who who co hosted the show. With me last week, you know he was in. And then the final pros Versus Joe's member for twenty twenty six will be Vy Warburg. Welcome aboard to pros Versus Joe's. That's the list I have for you tonight. Congratulations to all the people who got selected in the random drawing. I will have a full announcement on the FFPC email that goes out on Friday morning, so you'll see the full list there. You can reference that if you heard your name called, Darren ARMANI will be reaching out to you via email shortly to get you scheduled for these drafts, which do happen I believe, don't quote.
Speaker 2: Me on this.
Speaker 1: They are going to go off July twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eighth, August second, August third, August fourth, and then the slow draft pops off I believe just before July twenty six as well.
Speaker 2: So there you go, Ferrel. It's quite the list we have here. It's an impressive list, and I recognize about thirty of these guys, which makes me happy to know this group, and you know, our Kentucky and Las Vegas FFPC crossover guys. It makes me happy to see that they'll be in there as well. It's a good group, and you know, the pros can The pros can just continue to live in fear because these Joe's will bury them in a crypt that no one will ever discover.
Speaker 1: The jose have controlled this the last several years. We'll see what happens going forward here. Now, I want to bring in Tonight's guest. They've been incredibly patient and both of them require significant introductions.
Speaker 2: Farrel.
Speaker 1: The first guy I want to bring a board is a player who's never been on this show before. Really, he is the twenty fourteen World Series of Horse Racing champion.
Speaker 2: I'm not making this up.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and seventy thousand at the Orleans Casino. It there the first two times he and our other guest Tonight hung out. He won two hundred thousand dollars at the Breeders' Cup betting challenge and finished second in the World Series the World Series of horse Racing. Then they used to have a gambling reality show called horse Players started back in twenty fourteen. You can check that out on Amazon. And he also has a new fantasy horse racing company called Long Shot Fantasy, which blends fantasy and horse racing, So that's going to be coming up soon. And you can watch him on YouTube right now for his The Price is Wrong show, a fast horse racing show.
Speaker 2: You follow him on Raw or Dive.
Speaker 1: Please welcome on to the show, mister Christian Helmer's Christian Evening. This series is so good to have you.
Speaker 4: Man, Hey, it's always good to see Unferrell.
Speaker 5: I think the last time I saw you was in Vegas, and I'm not going to say what was going on when I saw you in that casino.
Speaker 2: Will we were talking. We were talking, we were talking horses. I do believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was uh, it was sin city. There was there was a lot of sin going on at that time.
Speaker 2: Goodness gracious, Well you must have different you must have different measuring sticks for this sin stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, I think I think what you could do is you could upgrade the socks and come up with maybe something that could be a little more sinful.
Speaker 4: That might be you, and that might inspire more people to want to play.
Speaker 2: We have some players that need to use those socks, so it is it will be important.
Speaker 4: Like the like the red hot chili peppers us the socks or.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, maybe so we're not.
Speaker 1: We're this close that we're walking the line tonight. We're walking the line, but but I want to move past it and bring in our other guests tonight.
Speaker 2: Uh, we have two guests. Two guests. Yeah, we have two guests. U.
Speaker 1: His best finish in the mid Stakes contest back in twenty twelve. Uh, he finished in the tenth in the top ten famously. The last time that this guy was on this show, Pharaoh, it was the day before I got married. The day before I got married, I did a show, and he was on this show with actually Mark and Brent Messina who are in pro Versus Jos.
Speaker 2: This year, he had a really bad.
Speaker 1: Final week, didn't end up winning the thing, the whole Midstakes contest. But he's been very talented one main event league in his career, and he along with Christian finished third overall in the twenty twenty two FFPC pros Versus Jos. In fact, they finished third overall, second in their division, and the team that they finished behind overall drafted right next to him. They were in These guys were in the ninth spot, and Dan Williamson and JD from the Goat District were in the in the eighth spot, and they ended up winning the whole thing. Anyway, you follow him on x at know Logistics. Please welcome in back to the show, mister John Hurd, John, good evening.
Speaker 2: Welcome, what's up fellas? Hey John, I excited to have you on.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get this out of the way right away, I said. I listed the full list of Pros Versus Joe's for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Once again I lied.
Speaker 1: There is one more team I didn't name, and it is the tandem of Helmer's and Herd.
Speaker 2: Welcome pros versus Joe's. Yeah, well man, thank you. I didn't know you had that in you.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you were that kind of crafty. You're gonna tease us like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's shade. He just shaded this. It was shade. But you you end up winning. You you end up profiting off of it. So I feg brother, We'll take it all day.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's right, okay, So welcome aboard now twenty twenty two third place finishers and pros Versus Joe's and maybe twenty twenty six overall winners. We shall see on that before we get into fantasy football.
Speaker 2: I do I do want to.
Speaker 1: I mean, Christian, I kind of gave you this big introduction here with with your horse racing background. Is there anything I missed because like, you're a big name in horse racing.
Speaker 4: I take it real serious.
Speaker 5: I think I've probably spent ninety five percent of my weekends either looking at at the cards and finding some form of value.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 5: The thing I will say about horse racing is it's almost identical to fantasy football. It's it just takes that muscle where you got to try to find the patterns and you got to kind of break things down. You got to be different, you gotta find value. And so yeah, man, I I have won about thirty something tournaments, you know, cash games. I just finished third in the Belmont Stakes Challenge this weekend. I don't know if you guys watch the Belmont, do you guys see that?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's there's so many cool things about racing, but I love it.
Speaker 1: We had the female trainer win again ye for a first one ever to win a triple crown in the race, and then she wins two of them this year.
Speaker 2: I forget her. I apologize, Yeah.
Speaker 4: No worries. She Cheryl DeVoe, she Cherdovo.
Speaker 5: She The thing that's interesting is that horse just real quick, because I know this is about fantasy football, but she she Everybody disrespected that horse in the derby.
Speaker 2: Very time.
Speaker 5: It's back in the Belmont, and everybody's hating on this horse because you know, they think this renegade horse that they that this horse beat is better.
Speaker 4: Man, the public is wrong. That's why it's to show the price is wrong. Dude.
Speaker 2: People don't know what they're doing. John, What about you?
Speaker 1: What are you doing for a living when you're not winning f FPC Maine event leagues?
Speaker 6: Man, I'm a dad, Yeah yeah, yeah, no, I'm a financial advisor for a living.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So you guys, you definitely know how to price players correctly when it comes to a drafting fantasy and and I think that's that's where we should We should lead off Farrell because and we'll throw this to John, there's an interesting price on one sophomore tight end right now that him going this high at this point last year.
Speaker 2: Right we have a recency bias, just like in horse racing. We want to know what you did the last time out. So Coastal Loveland is a guy that I think our FFPC drafters with the one point five points per reception to the tight end the tight end Premium League. I don't know if there's any aspect of considering this guy to be overdrafted. So if you guys are at the end of the second round, is that about the right time for you or are you Loveland guys, will you just go out and get him no matter what the price? Yeah, I mean it was a good question. You know.
Speaker 6: Last year FFPC points, he was at tight end twelve, you know, and he was at right at one hundred and ninety points.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: But the thing that you got to watch out when you look at those stats is the beginning of the season, you know, he was averaging like four points a game. Was a little bit hurt, you know whatnot, and then he finished the season strong, and you got to look at that production the last ten games.
Speaker 2: You know, let's say he averaged fifteen points a game.
Speaker 6: You know, he's got klebit quarterback, talented young quarterback obviously, you know. But the thing with him, I do, like I'm a Loveland fan. I collect sports cards. He's a hot name right now in sports cards. The kids love him, you know, when they ripping packs. So I look at these things. But for me, I'm not shooting for Loveland. There's other players I feel like. I think the tight end We'll get into this later with some questions, but the tight end position I feel is pretty pretty average in the let's say around seven to seventeen, where you can get a bunch of different tight ends, and I think Loveland's I think it's just it's not enough love for me in the second round.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way, bro, I feel the same one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I I mean, granted, when I was drafting in Kentucky, the tight ends don't get pushed up because it's not tight end premium, but I felt like I was getting up pretty solidly in like the fifth or whatever. And now even in kffs C drafts, he's being pushed up, and I feel like, God, you know, I don't know if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Speaker 2: And yeah, that's how I feel. And two eleven, man, I mean, you really got to believe in Loveland.
Speaker 6: He needs to go from a one ninety four total points to a two point fifty and above for him to be really second round material for me, even at the second end, of the second round, and those people.
Speaker 2: Love him, they'll argue with him that he's already there and beyond right, Yeah, it's all.
Speaker 1: About range of outcomes, and certainly he could hit that. But for me, it's it's difficult to say that that, yeah, that's that's likely and and I want to to draft him at that spot now, Christian. The tight end that is not going near as high as Lovelin is Brenton Strange. Now, he had his coach, I think it was Liam Cohen talking him up today and saying he's going to be a big piece of what they do in the passing game this year, which is an interesting thing to say when you consider Jacoby Myers, Travis Hunt, well, not maybe not Travis Hunter, but Jacoby Myers, Parker Washington, Brian Thomas, who's getting a lot of flowers right now. Strange is going off the board at tight end nineteen right now in the FFEC big gorilla that's mid eleventh round between Kenyon Sadiq and Juwan Johnson. When when you look at, you know, whatever teams you're going to be drafting this year, does does Strange strike you as a guy at that price in that offense, as a potential target for you on your FFPC teams.
Speaker 5: It's kind of interesting because we are publicly facing right now and I kind of have to keep my cars a little close to my chest.
Speaker 4: But I won't because it's fair all that's ball key, Like, why would I not be open with you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's It's one of those things where anytime I make a decision, whether it's in business and love and fantasy football and horses, it's all about my options. So when I look at my options and I look at that position, there's a lot of really interesting players.
Speaker 4: In that round eleven.
Speaker 5: So it will boil down to the structure of the of the build. And you know, John brings up a good point and we're gonna probably go back and forth on.
Speaker 2: This a little bit this year.
Speaker 5: But when you have like a lot of interesting, reliable, kind of old faithful tight ends in the later rounds, you can grab three of them and and diversify and then play roulette when when the time comes and do the matchups. But if I don't, if I don't have a tight end in the in the first six rounds and I and I definitely will consider them, but I think there's just there's so much juice.
Speaker 4: In that, in that, in that uh, in that lemon or lime.
Speaker 2: Or citrus fruit, you want to pick it with with this player, With with all the Jacksonville receivers, I'm even beginning to question some of my appreciation of Parker Washington. There's just there's just so many players here and all of them, all of them seem to have spike games, including Jakobe Myers, who's, you know, one of my absolute favorites. But it was like a roller coaster with every player. Parker Washington finished strong in this league. You know, we talked about Jordan Love earlier, Balky, we talked to two weeks ago when I was with you guys, we talked about the quarterback here. Here's just another situation where I like the quarterback better than any of the other fantacy options around him. I think the quarterback is going to do well. I'm just not just not afraid who he's going to do well with. Now, I can't say that I want to. I guess I'll throw this one to you, Christian. I can't say that about Cleveland. I just think of this is situation that I want to avoid. Although I love the two young players. The two young receivers, you're Boston CONCEPTSI and then Jerry Judy bad speed, a bad hands at any speed. You know, it's just that's my that's my line on him, and not a great not not much play strength. And then I don't know which quarterback is going to be. I'd like to hear your opinion on that. But these intriguing wide receivers, are you going to do anything with them on the draft or are you just gonna be like me sitting on the sidelines and let someone else take that risk.
Speaker 5: Well, I think the the interesting thing is Boston, you know there's some value there, So I will say, you know, there's definitely you know, you get picked that guy up in fifteen, sixteenth, seventeenth round. I'll probably get some drum beats To'll probably move up. The problem I face is, you know, rookies they get going late, so you got to sit for a long time. But if you're picking them up late in the game in the draft, it doesn't matter. But you might see a quarterback change and Shad will probably be playing by then, I'm guessing, so it could be a whole different situation. So I guess I can't I can't take any of these guys earlier than that, so I'm I've only got to be interested.
Speaker 4: It would be probably Boston.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough right now if we if we look at the mojo on these Cleveland receivers, especially the rookie ones that we just talked about, you can get Denzel Boston is wide receiver sixty six in the Big Gorilla in the fifteenth round.
Speaker 2: Concepts one, you got to pay up.
Speaker 1: He's now moved into the late tenth round as wide receiver fifty one, and he is going off the board as the number one wide receiver for Cleveland. Jerry Judy falling to the seventeenth round at wide receiver seventy. Speaking of falling, well, this guy should have been a high pick this year, John Hurd, it's not happening because he tore his ACL late in the season. And that is one Zach Charbonnet from Seattle. So you would think with Kenneth Walkering on Sharbona, this would be like round two territory right for him and healthy, and they don't take Jadarian Price probably, but he's not healthy and they did use a first round pick on Price.
Speaker 2: Re draft leagues, I'm concerned about this guy because he tore his ACL so late.
Speaker 1: And we know that even when you come back, the first time you come back from an ACL tear, you're not really you know, your your true self, right. It takes a while, even once you get back on the field to sort of trust the need get back to you know, your regular flexibility, so on and so forth. And then John, I look, he's running back forty four right now at the twelve oh one. This guy might not be playing football until December. I had the opportunity several times in draft Sharbone and I just can't do it. Am I missing out on Sharbonay here? How high are you willing to draft him? Is that a spot that you'd take him at that eleven twelve turn right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's a good question. I'm a Notre Dame guy. My stepdad was all American. You played football at Notre Dame, so I'm really familiar with the program. Jadarium Price is a great player. Obviously, he had a really good running back with him in his backfield that got drafted pretty high. But he was a first rounder. You know, he's going you know what, five fifth round here right now? I feel like if I'm taking a back in that backfield. I'm taking the younger horse. I think that charbon A is great, I mean great player. Last year he had what twelve touchdowns seven hundred yards. You know, he's definitely a producing back. But in this situation, unless he falls further like twelfth or thirteen, and I can steal him somewhere around there, depending on how I'm constructing that team and where I am and the build in the process. If I need a guy, yeah, I'll consider Charbonna in that spot. But if there's someone else I find I need better, I'm going with that with that back just because I think I think JP is going to be the leader in that backfield.
Speaker 2: John, Let's go to somebody I know you like better, somebody somebody that I absolutely love. And when the announcement was made that David Montgomery would be leaving Detroit to play in Houston, I said, this is a this is a change of venue that I can get behind. What do you anticipate for him there? How are you You know, the offense may not be as explosive, but I see it as dependable, and I think he's going to raise all boats. I think he's going to be a little bit better ballplayer to help everyone out at this ball club. Your thoughts on Montgomery and are we going to see a true breakthrough year for this player?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good, great question. Montgomery's what going in the fifth round right now? Last year he had seven hundred yards, eight touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Kind of guy. You know.
Speaker 6: Obviously he is in a community share backfield with some with a stud running back, so this is his opportunity to share. I do think he'll still be in some bit of a community here in his position now because Mark Woody Marx is not bad out of USC.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy put up seven hundred yards last year.
Speaker 6: I think that Montgomery will beat a goal line back Christian and I you know, we look we looking at Montgomery as more of a goal line guy, which that's good, good for him, good for his production numbers. So yeah, I mean I would definitely consider Montgomery depending on who's there in the fifth round. I mean, I'm looking at my board right now. You got DeAndre Swift, Bucky you know, Darien Price, all these guys. You know this Scataboo fall, this straight just driven Henderson fall. So these are the questions you got to you know, look while you're on the board. But yeah, I like Montgomery, always have. I think he's a he's a physical specimen to look at. Here's a beast.
Speaker 2: You guys are broke gum guys. So give me some numbers. I want your I want numbers on on rushes and touchdowns and yeah, whatever you can give me on Montgomery because you're a great numbers guy. I got it as a great predictor.
Speaker 6: So let's if he did if he was a seven hundred eight last year, I'm gonna say he's a twelve hundred type maybe eleven twelve guy this year. And now if he stays healthy. M hm, Sky's the limbit guy could go for fourteen fifteen touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That's what I'm seeing and what I'm hoping for. And in the fifth round, doesn't that sound pretty good? Sounds great?
Speaker 1: And I actually had to slow down on drafting this guy because I got too much Montgomery. I'm like, geez, I gotta work at DeAndre Swift, Engenderian Price here a little bit in the fifth route. Plus that's also like if you look at for FFTC for big Gorilla, I mean you can also get Jalen Wattle there. You can also get Evans there, DJ Moore. I mean, I know there's a lot of people high. Uh you know, seems different sets of people are high on all three of those receives. That's another thing to look at in the fifth round as well. Yeah, okay, let's go deeper again, Christian and we'll talk Malik Willis here, and I bring this up. Farrell's probably sick of talking about Malik Willis, but I bring it up because I want to get as many opinions as possible on this player, quarterback twenty one right now in the big Gorilla at the end of the fifteenth round. I think about how good he was in Green Bay when he was asked to make plays, especially in that Baltimore game when Baltimore was daring Willis to beat him, and he did beat him both with his arm and his legs. But it was a small sample size. And now he goes to a much less talented team, a team that did you know is going to grow up this year that they're not going to be, you know, competing for the playoffs or a super Bowl. But I still see that tantalizing upside. I was just in a Kentucky draft now and I took him as my backup co back again. I think the upside here at quarterback twenty one I've been I've been drafting them a lot there. But I'll ask you, maybe maybe I'm missing something on Willis your thoughts on him this year the new Dolphins quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it kind of reminds me a little bit of Daniel Jones last year for me, And this is that you get him for free.
Speaker 5: So it's like, you know, if you want to, you know, pass the hat, go ahead. I mean I got I got a ton of Daniel Jones and some of and and so I liked.
Speaker 4: I like getting these cheap quarterbacks that are going to be starters, that especially have upside on the on the ground. And this is a this is going to be a broken team.
Speaker 5: We all know that they're they're going to be eunctional and it's going to take a long time to figure it out. But I think ultimately at that point you want to you need to, Like I'm thinking of trying to win a million dollars, So I'm thinking, how can I how can I take this thing down? And so Malik is is kind of like a I don't know, it's like a nice dessert or something. Maybe it's a second, second or third, you know, kognak or whatever.
Speaker 4: But but to me, it's like I focused on round.
Speaker 5: Like you know, Balky, I'm looking I'm looking at the first seven, bro, I'm looking at the first seven, and I'm trying to come up with a unique combination that's going to separate me from everybody. Like last year, I took Puka at the one and the two and the three. I got I got lucky, but I couldn't get the best of it. So I'm looking at things in the first seven.
Speaker 4: So have at it.
Speaker 5: Take as much Molik as you want. I don't think there's any there's any problem there, but I think I think.
Speaker 4: The game that I like to play is be different.
Speaker 5: So in the first rounds, like I may I may take a guy you know, like and that goes in the you know, in the twenties at at ten or eleven, things like that, to try to mix it up.
Speaker 2: You're just a man.
Speaker 1: So we we have we have a new nickname for Malik Willis on this show, Pharah.
Speaker 2: We are going to refer to him as second Cognac from here on.
Speaker 4: Wait, third Cognac.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd have to at least get four in me before I would draft him. Who's the quarterback that's going at twenty Well, yeahs in twenty one, Mobunkie makes all kinds of sense for you to take the link.
Speaker 6: Another another issue he's gonna have is quinn UIs and a bunch of a slew of just rookie receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you go go ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, like the thing is on the surface, Yeah, it looks like a bad play. How many times fare have we had people on the show, Why don't you guys just draft good David Hubbard says this all the time. I've asked David Hubbard to be on the show, and usually he does. But the thing he always says is like, I'm not going to give good advice. Just draft good players.
Speaker 2: Right there, you go, that's all you need. But how many people have come on.
Speaker 1: The show and said draft good players and good offenses?
Speaker 2: Right yeah?
Speaker 1: I think we can all agree that Miami does not have a good offense. And you know, Christian makes the good point. I mean, fifteenth round draft. All you want of willis he's not going to kill you.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: I look at the upside and I wonder how many people would try a build in like the FFPC Best Ball.
Speaker 1: Tournament or even made an entery gorilla where they wait, they really wait on quarterback, and then they have one of these steady type guys in like Purdy or Golf and staff right as their number one quarterback. And then you take Willis as your backup. And then if Willis hits, mother of God, you're loaded at running back, receiver and tight end right. And now all of a sudden you have a top twelve quarterback you got in the fifth Not saying that's gonna happen, but certainly you could tell yourself a story where that could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's go to Kansas City. Faral for this next question.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if the Kansas let's go to Christian because I have a horse racing Talia. If if the Kansas City backfield was the reserve backs were a claiming race, I don't think anyone would open up their checkbook. Let's just I really can't find anybody there that that I would would want to buy. You know, it's uh Walker has been uh Walker has been always linked with the back and we have a problem in Fantasy Football that the backfield by committee. I don't think any of these guys are committee eligible. Do you have a favorite one? Is there someone that you would be claiming the the dark horse in the in the Kansas City Chiefs backfield tell us about I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I guess I go back to how can you? I mean, it's a it's a late pick, so you're not really risking much. I think obviously Wilson is going to probably have the body, and I think there's some comparables.
Speaker 4: I can't remember who it was, but but he's he's he's gonna be he's gonna be decent. I think.
Speaker 5: I think the challenges is, you know, when that offense is going to be kind of grinding games out, and when they're gonna be playing a style of football that's meant to save their players for the playoffs. You know, be smart, be clever, mix it up week by week, throw curve balls. I just don't see a lot of upside. So to me, it's not like, you know, obviously, if Walker went down. Now keep in mind, Walker just signed a big deal. You know, he's he's happy. He's probably gonna eat a little extra, you know, ice cream and smoke a little extra but what you know, whatever, But it's like it's it's one.
Speaker 4: Of those things where he's he's not what's what are you taking head for barrel? What what I'm from California?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about that's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Serve? You know in California you do have a different outlook.
Speaker 1: It's it's, it's it's basically, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't expect him to be uh uh Ricky Waters or whatever or Williams, Ricky Williams.
Speaker 2: What was the think? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But but anyway, so I guess I like Bishard Smith a lot last year, and I and I drafted a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: But again, he's just too little, and so you know he's not to get volume. I'm looking for volume.
Speaker 5: I don't think ken Walker is gonna get a ton of volume, just given the fact of the way they play. So I just don't see it. Again, you look at the data for the last couple of years the running back position. Pacheco had his moments, but he's obviously not the same.
Speaker 4: But you still, I just I.
Speaker 5: Don't get excited for the explosion, and so I wouldn't. I wouldn't really care, so I'm pretty indifferent. I would say, you know, if you look at the matchups, see if there's there's something going on.
Speaker 7: Maybe you could you could get you know, some of these guys on waivers, you know, if they if they fall off early.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's not not not a serious question to me.
Speaker 2: So Emma Johnson twelve oh nine.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's weird that I don't even see Amri Day Mercado anywhere in Kansas, anywhere in Big Gorilla draft boards. I think he's gonna eventually come up on there. It's not fun to draft him right now. But certainly with the with the amount of time that Walker has missed previously in Seattle, you know that they're and I don't think any of these guys are league winners by any stretch of the imagination. But it would be interesting to see if Talker does miss two or three weeks with a saw tissue, Ludrey, what Day Mercado could do as the lead back behind Patrick Mahomes or Emma Johnson behind Patrick Mahomes. I think that'd be interesting. And certainly these guys Johnson's being pushed up. I think I'm with you, Christian get one of these guys late like like day Marcylo is not going at all, and you never know what you find into Adam Chiming in day Marcylo is running back too, and he has been running as running back to a LTA's ahead of Emma Johnson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think that's the better value if you're going to take one of those guys, especially if he's not getting And again, if you want to be different, right and you're and you're playing an early event like main event stuff right now, you know, getting that guy for free could could could add some value.
Speaker 6: So the interesting part to me to Kansas City's backfield is all these guys are like five ten, two hundred pounds, very similar. You look at de Mercado, you know he went to TCU, he was a three point fifty brushes with zero touchdowns. Smith was you know, Rishard Smith went to SMU. So I mean they're getting them from nearly the same city with TCU and SMU as well as the same size.
Speaker 2: You know these guys.
Speaker 6: The interesting thing at their stats from last season also was that both guys did not have a Russian touchdown, but both scored a receiving touchdown one so they had more receiving touchdowns than Russian touchdowns. So for those reasons, I just I like guys that I see production wise. So for me, I'm looking at Emma Johnson coming as the rookie with the fresh legs and see if he can do anything better, you know, out of those three. But you know, if Walker can't get going. But if Walker gets hurt or something to me stashed Emma Johnson.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you guys, Walker's not going to take many snaps in the preseason, so we'll can see what the other guys can do. That's true, That's a very good point. Take a look at it later.
Speaker 1: And to John's point as well, Yes, I mean Johnson is the more most expensive backup or back up running back there, but he's also the guy we don't know about, right Like we have a season of Rashard Smith, we have several seasons of Amari day Ricabo.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen anything with Emma Johnson.
Speaker 1: And this is a player too that did all these things at the combine and did great athletically speaking, and what he did when when there was like actual football going on, he was an actually pretty good football player. So yeah, said that is all right, guys, let's let's fly here. Well, we don't have to fly, but you can. You can break this down, John, I'm gonna throw this first email from you. It comes to us from Joe and Queen's what's up, guys, I noticed that Trevion Henderson has been moving up draft boards. Should I be buying or staying away?
Speaker 2: Go Nicks?
Speaker 1: That is Joe in Queens. We appreciate the email. Your Knicks aren't doing so good so far tonight, but hey, it's the NBA. Anything can happen in the fourth quarter. We look at the ADP John, for one, Trevion Henderson. Right now, he has moved up to running back twenty one, knocking on the door of the fourth round. He is at the five three right now. I'll let you weigh in on whether that's a price you'd be willing to pay. You feel differently about this new England backfield.
Speaker 2: Look, I do like Henderson. You know, obviously he's going in the fourth round.
Speaker 6: Last year he was close to a thousand yards non touchdowns, you know, receiving two hundred yards in the touchdowns.
Speaker 2: But I kind of for me, I'm.
Speaker 6: Waiting for Stevenson in the seventh where I can get a guy that's gonna get a little bit he dumps, you know, out the backfield. He had a little bit more receiving yards, receiving touchdowns. They were they were similar on the in the in the in the Russian stats. So for me, I'm looking at Stevenson would be my play and spend up on another play in the fourth round that you could get right now, depending if you need a receiver or or a running back. I mean, Judkins I think is pretty good, so he might be there.
Speaker 1: I I think it's interesting too with like no nobody ever come on this show and said, boy, I really love drafting Remandre Romandre Stevenson. It's so much fun. Nobody, it's not fun. I understand that, But like we're trying to win, right and this is a player that could be a significant and that should be a significant part of the backfield from the NFC champion team last year. And you can get by the top thirty running backs in the Big Gorilla. You mean, that seems on the certain pretty good, especially as as John pointed out, if you skip Henderson in the fourth or the fifth round, think about that player that you could get there and then get Stevenson in the seventh round.
Speaker 2: There there is certainly a path to victory. There one more email, Christian. I'll leave this one to you.
Speaker 1: It is from Randy and Sacramento High Christian and John. How big of a step forward are Tyler Shook and the New Orleans Saints taking this year? That is Randy and Sacramento Randy, who appreciate the email, Christian. There's a lot of people talking up the Saints offense lately, Jok, is it warranted?
Speaker 4: I mean, well, John elites New Orleans blood.
Speaker 2: Which is why I didn't want to ask him this the question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you if you saw when we did the when we did the draft on the pros versus Joe's, and you saw him, you know, getting all excited about a lave that year, and and we took him over Trenton uh or Traylon Burks or whatever that other you know Tennessee guy. And it's there's some about loyalty, there's some about passion. But I'm I'm with John. I do think Shuck is he showed a lot. He's got an incredible coach, offensive minded, there's a lot of weapons there now.
Speaker 2: So to me, like.
Speaker 4: Dynamite. That he's dynamite.
Speaker 5: I I think that that's a very very that's a that's a pick that that if if, if I, if I can take him, I'll probably take take him as a as a backup, as a backup.
Speaker 2: Just don't let him grab Marquez Coast, stay off coast.
Speaker 4: This year.
Speaker 1: You know what's wild too, is we were talking about the ADP for Willis in love. Tyler Shuck is quarterback eighteen at the fourteen oh five. Guys, that's after he's been climbing like he was going even later than that. But there's some shuck love coming through right now. John, am I pronouncing that right? Is a Tyler Shuck.
Speaker 2: Better than me? Hey, this is my guy? Okay, I got this.
Speaker 6: This is this is Tyler Shuck. He's gonna be shucking oysters like you know. I would say this when last year when we started Spencer Rattler, I'm like, what are we doing? We go draft this tall guy who's twenty something years old, twenty five plus big dudes like six seven, Why are we not starting this guy? Finally through the season they put him in and you saw what he did the last few games. The Saints look good. They got a great quarterback, you know, and and they got a great quarterback coach and a head coach that and Kellen Moore who played the position. So I'm a I think and I'm not being a homer at all. I just I think the guy is gonna do good this year. He's got they they surrounded him with some good players, whether it's the running backs, order receivers.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no denying watch out of the Saints this year. And guys here in Louisville, every radio jock, every local broadcaster on the local sports from the various network shows, they all pronounced it differently. It took it I never to New Orleans for me to learn how to pronounce the D.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well anyway, One thing about that too is just real quick ball key is that you know more is he's the kind of guy that would that would put up thirty points for a player if he has an advantage in a game. And I think that's one thing I kind of look for sometimes, is which coaches like That's one of the reasons I'm not a big Chiefs guy is because I don't feel like you're going to get that kind of consistency.
Speaker 4: But if if Moore has an edge, he'll just like cut people's throats step on him.
Speaker 2: You know they're point he's born.
Speaker 1: And on the last question, Pharrell, I will leave to you and I'll you you do how you want. But John you can go first on this after Pharaoh ascid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the uh John, you do this question? And then Chris Christian will I want you to tell me who wanted what? Which horse won the twenty seventeen Kentucky Derby, because that's when I went into retirement from horse race after ten years off. In twenty seven, I may have to come back riding on your coattails of your genius. But okay, guys, we've mentioned a lot of players tonight. I want to know somebody we haven't mentioned. Somebody you love. You haven't you promised not to hold back? Do you telling everyone that tuned in uh to hear the pros versus shows line up from the Joe's side, exactly what you're going to do, and I appreciate that. Tell us one player that we haven't talked about that you absolutely love, and then tell me a player that you're completely out of No, don't want to have anything to do? All right, two questions.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's tough because the guy that I like, we've already mentioned and that you can't mention him. I think he's a sleeper, you know. But if if I can't go shuck, then that's a tough question. Maybe maybe possibly a Shane the running back. I think that if he if if in his current situation, if if, if he can, if they can give him the ball, he can go for a thousand plus and be sneaky. So I just think that he's got he's got the talent to do it. So for me, if I'm looking for a sneaky play, maybe maybe, but I gotta go with Shuck.
Speaker 2: He's he's gonna explode this year. Get it in there one more time. Brother than New Orleans Saints quarterback.
Speaker 5: What is his name?
Speaker 2: Tyler? Baby? There you go, man, there you go.
Speaker 5: You gotta you gotta love the New Orleans pronunciation of of a Shane. He he John has his his uh Southern draw.
Speaker 2: And watch out is too, so maybe you get a little extra watch out for et N. He's going to be a homer. He's the Productsiana. He's coming home to run for the Saints, and it's a different story. When you get that super Dome and you put on that black and gold.
Speaker 6: Baby, So watch watch out for him because Camara, you know he's he's a little banged up. They're gonna still run Kamar because you know he's he's our guy. But watch out for Etn.
Speaker 2: The super Dome is my football home. Baby.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, John, is in your opinion right now? What's the percentage chance that Kamara is on the Week one roster for New Orleans this year?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 6: Oh, he's not going to be on the rond No, what I'm what I mean is like starting like, I don't I don't think healthy enough to start, right?
Speaker 1: I get that, But but what's the percentage chance that he is a New Orleans Saints on the roster at all?
Speaker 2: Week one?
Speaker 6: He'll play for free to play for the Saints, and well they left him playing, will they the stadium?
Speaker 2: Nobody will show up? Okay, everybody will have his back, right.
Speaker 1: Second part of the question for you, John, before we get into Christian, who is off your board? Who's the guy that you're you're not gonna have anywhere this year?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say the top three or four tight ends. Okay, I feel that when I'm looking at the board, if I'm looking at tight end, I'm saying round seven to round seventeen, there is just a plethora of tight ends that to me are kind of mid range all the same, and I'm just staying.
Speaker 2: Away from the top tight ends. That would be my answer.
Speaker 6: The top let's say Rock Bowers, uh Loveland and you know, make Bride. You know, maybe if McBride somehow slipped to the bottom of the second round, I'll take him. But other than that, I'm and I love tight ends in FPC, so in f f PC, so I'm just waiting on the tight ends.
Speaker 2: I'm against the top four. Hey, Bunky, Adam Hearn is having real problems with he pronouncement.
Speaker 1: And I know, I know Adams, he's the pronunciation guy on this.
Speaker 2: He's, you know, mister Hearn's having all kinds of issues.
Speaker 1: So so McBride, I would say, has slipped a little bit, but I think he's coming back up right now. He briefly, very briefly, was a second round pick. He's back up into the one eleven, one to twelve area. I'm Christian, I promise you were going to get to this. But I do have to ask Jimmy Williams right now. Oh god, where did I see it?
Speaker 2: Now? Where is Jimmy?
Speaker 1: I thought Jimmy had a question. Oh yeah, right here, I'm gonna put it up on the screen. Jimmy wants to know, John, what you think of Juwan Johnson this year in New Orleans.
Speaker 6: I love Kuwan Johnson. He is like a receiver playing tight end. He's got speed, He's a big dude. He's he doesn't really get if he gets hurt, he plays hurt. I think I love him, like if whatever he's in right now, wherever he's going right now, I hadn't really looked, but uh, oh no, I'm trying to see if I see, Oh there he is. He's in the eleventh round. Yeah, take I pay up for him. I think Juwan he's he's a baller man. He's he's every year I try to get him on my squad and he's just one of those guys you know, he's he's gonna play hurd if he has to tight.
Speaker 1: End twenty right now, as John pointed out eleven oh six, this is a player, a tight end coming off a seventy seven catch.
Speaker 2: For eight great numbers. Great, He's like he's like a fast receiver. Yeah, quite a seventy seven catch tight end. And he's the guy that the ball finds him. It just finds him. John, I'm going to jazz fast with you, Christian. I'm going good Derby with you. I've got twenty twenty seven lined down, I mean.
Speaker 1: A show, Christian before we let you guys go give us your sleeper and uh and fade that you can bring on the show for us tonight to close us out.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, let me thank Pharel for picking a big scab on my on my heart for always dreaming winning the Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: I believe in twenty seventeen, right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that uh, that one was in.
Speaker 5: I was in a tournament and I was betting Classic Empire and always dreaming, and I ended up instead of betting always dreaming to win.
Speaker 4: I bet the exact uh and uh and I and I busted out. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Bulky's dear friend, Bulks dear friend dot Brandon Hake gave me a tip in January for that horse and uh we bet it at the wind Sportsbook at one twenty five to one. Oh wow, that was a wonderful experience, and I wish you had been on that, but you know what, it's been ten years since that, so you can you can forget about it and they'll give us to your winner. We've got to have you back on the show in January where you can tell us who's gonna win the Kentucky Derby. But meanwhile we want to know all about all about the podcast where people can tune in and listen.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well well yeah for the podcast real quick.
Speaker 5: It's called The Price Is Wrong, and you can follow me and I interview a lot of the elite, like hardcore tournament guys that that bet for a living.
Speaker 4: So it's it's really just.
Speaker 5: The same as Fantasy football but for horse racing, and we just compete similar like to FFPC stuff.
Speaker 4: It's just awesome.
Speaker 5: So if you ever want to, you know, mess around and hear me interview some interesting people come on.
Speaker 4: But let me answer your question.
Speaker 5: So the first thing I will say is, there's there's every year I have to take a stand. I probably take a stand on eighty percent of the guys. I don't try to win this thing by by just waiting patiently. I don't have that kind of patience and just let the draw the draft fall to me.
Speaker 4: It's so hard. So sometimes I will if I get to a certain place.
Speaker 5: But the first guy I'm going to take a big stand against first round You guys, you guys know who it is.
Speaker 1: Well, my first round bust I've been sticking away from. I've been staying away from Trey McBride. But we already mentioned him, so I don't know if he's your guy or not.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, who do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Bro? I don't believe in Bust. I'm too positive of a person. So round bust. McCaffrey, is it? McCaffrey, Christian, Adam and and and Pharaoh?
Speaker 5: You don't you don't sin in sin City? I believe you, So I would say I would say that after further inspection, I'm going to be avoiding mister mister gent this year.
Speaker 1: This is a spicy Christian we need to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's one of those things where first of all, to build is the number one thing. So if you're going to build in my world or John and I are going.
Speaker 4: To do this, I really think that the receiver position is vital early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have a hard time taking a running back in that exact position. So that's the number one is the build. The second thing is he you know, visually doesn't like a stonnt. He doesn't knock the wind out of me.
Speaker 4: So he's he's fine.
Speaker 5: But there's also just the history of these second year guys that come back in, you know, that don't have like amazing numbers. They just I don't know, there's just a lot of guys that come to my mind, like even though I wasn't like a huge fantasy guy, but you know, I'm you know, in my forties, but you know, Forte and Doug Martin, Alfred Morris, Jeremy Hill. There's like guys that come to my mind that the second year they just kind of dip. They didn't they didn't excel, and so Maurice Jones, Drew, There's there's a lot of these guys that to me are over hyped. He's in a system that who knows what's gonna happen. Bowers is going to get a lot of I mean, god, he's an alien. He's just incredible.
Speaker 4: So like you have you have I don't know, I just don't have the faith that he's going to get.
Speaker 5: To the level that he's projected, So I would say he's a he's an easy he's an easy bet against for me this year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, okay, I and and uh, I think I think where you had me Christian and and this makes perfect sense. If you are drafting in the back half of the first round, that's usually not a spot I like to take a running back anyway. And if you skip genty, maybe you could get Saint Brown, but you should be able to get Jefferson. You should be able to land proven players at positions that that don't necessarily go through the car accident treatment for injuries throughout the season. So I think there's something said it is is there a sleeper Christian that you can give us as well tonight?
Speaker 5: And and and again, a couple of other guys can my mind Clyde, you know, Clyde, ed Edwards Laire, I mean, you know, even R Harris, like these guys like they're all kind of like they're just they're solid, they're they're they're okay. So I'm not gonna bet Okay with my first pick. So that's the the number one thing. The other guy I'm gonna give you, I'm gonna give a little bonus. It's not that it's not that sexy though, but I'm gonna I'm not gonna be using Derrick Henry this year either.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 4: So I'm also I respect the heck.
Speaker 2: Out of him.
Speaker 4: He's just he's a he's a lion. But I also just I can't. I can't do that. So there's other players, there's other bills that I would rather do.
Speaker 5: So those would be my two guys that I'm taking a heavy, heavy stand against this year. I probably have less than you know, best ball, less than two percent something like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and then I guess when it comes to you know, value, this is.
Speaker 5: This is not easy for me to share because I can't tell you everything right now, So I gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Kind of I think everybody knows the guy you're going to bring up. They may not know the guy, to say the guy, they don't know the guy.
Speaker 4: So what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna leave a little. Since you like it, Spicy Ball, could you.
Speaker 2: Draw a picture of him and hold it up on the screen.
Speaker 4: Just because we you know, we're competitors here we are, we are in this to for for more than a main event.
Speaker 5: It's ego driven, so I'll play I'll play with a long shot because I like long shots, and I'll say yeah, I'll say I'll say Chris, Chris Braselay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now what is it about brasl Is it situation? Is it talent? What? What? What has you on brasle late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the it's the number one the value getting him in the last couple of rounds. We don't know what the drum beats are yet, so we're gonna find out in the next month. So it's early and he looks like like nothing, then it's it's nothing and we'll we'll find out. But the system, I do believe that that team is going to get better later in the season too. And I do think that that's when you want these rookies to develop, is after the work more time. And so I'm kind of I'm just he's he's caught my eye a little bit. I like the way he moves, I like the way he catches. I just think he's I think he's underrated. So he's he's a guy I'm comfortable sharing in this situation, and hopefully somebody doesn't take him, you know, in the last round, and then the shoe's but but yeah, I mean, there's a lot of guys. Honestly, I'm just against I'm like I said, I'm against about eighty percent of the guys in the in the first like seven rounds.
Speaker 4: So I'm really strict.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, you guys are drafting pros versus Joe's next month or in early August. It's gonna be slamming easy for you the first seven rounds because you'll be dialed in and know which.
Speaker 4: Guys you want, which guys I'll take him early. Well, well, John, and I will take him early.
Speaker 2: We don't care. I like your style. You know, there's some players on the pup and there's some players on the I R on the missing person's report. That's okay, you know, I really know. I think that's a ballsy with that player has some things that like. I want both of you guys to come to Kentucky. It'll be easy to get John here, It'll be easy to get Christma here. John. We have a division named after the greatest general manager in the history of football, Jim Thinks. So you'll love that. Christian will take you uh to Churchill Downs and and and let you stay there as long as you want, and then we'll come back and then we'll do we'll be with you, We'll and I have I have a friend that has produced a Churchill Downs board game, and uh, I'm gonna send you. Uh, I'm gonna go and and send you one. And uh and John, you'll just have to wait for your New Orleans Saints Pharaoh.
Speaker 6: I dressed appropriately. I knew you said it was Groundhog's Day, so I wore my live in the Rock, Arkansas. So I got my wu pigs, Suie pigs.
Speaker 2: Nobody is gonna hold that against you, especially in Kentucky. Don't worry. Done good. So you're already closer to be in here from New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yes, the gentleman who probably has set a record Tonight for longest span in between appearances on this show, John Hurd, joining us tonight from season one to now season fifteen. That's right at no logistics on on X great stuff. The former top ten finisher in the FPC, John, thank you so much for making us a part of your Evening Tonight.
Speaker 2: Process.
Speaker 1: To Joe's and then Christian Helmer is at raw or guy on X you need to check out the horse racing show The Price is Wrong, YouTube dot com slash the Price is Wrong with two g's that is the best way to find it. And Christian, I think with everything else going that you have going on x dot com, slash, raw or Die, we're gonna find.
Speaker 4: It there, right, Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be putting.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be some announcements may the next couple of weeks. So yeah, there's gonna I really love this this community. You guys are great. This is like John and I met like on the the reality show, became friends. He's like, I love betting Big Fantasy Football. Literally the first year he got he talked to me to play the main event f FPC. We ended up drafting. We picked up who was it, Miles Gaskin, and we had so many guys that we finished fifteenth in the main event on one entry our first year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it opened me.
Speaker 5: And so now we did the High Society for ten thousand blew that and a heartbeat and you know, all these things got a little full of ourselves, but you know this is great. Thanks thanks for you know, for taking the time and hopefully we'll see you out in Vegas and I'll do a live one out there too.
Speaker 2: So hey, guys, congratulations on y'all show. Y'all have done like amazing over the years.
Speaker 6: Man, Seriously, y'all like or the leader in the industry, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I know Christian feels the same way. You guys. Y'all really are. Y'all are legends in this in this industry.
Speaker 1: Well, we appreciate that for sure, and certainly from Christian going from World Series of Horse Racing Champions and FF's main event champion this year there it could happen, you guys, and I don't know what you're gonna do. If you do choose one of the live drafts. We'd love to have you back both back on for like a five to ten minute interview when we vesus Joe's drafts. That'd be tremendous. So thank you once again. I know we kept you long tonight, but you guys were fantastic. This was so much fun. Keep up all the great work both of you guys, and good luck and made the ball bounce your way in the FFPC this season. We appreciate who that who that Indeed, thanks guys, be good talk soon. That is Christian Helmer's and John Hurd third place finishers and the Prosers Joe's Barrel. Maybe they win the whole thing this year. Maybe they're the first duo to win Pros versus Joe's and the main event this year.
Speaker 2: That's not only that it could happen. What do you say that about the non zero chance there's a non zero chance of anything. Yeah, it's it's great, man. And you know the thing about it is that I really like what Christian's coming with.
Speaker 5: He he he.
Speaker 2: He puts the double line under and through so many players. You know. My situation with drafting is I can find something to like about every player, Yeah, you know, and so I just try to grate them as how I like him more. If it's probably taking a shortcut and find something you don't like about, I'm gonna take him off your list. But I think his I think his first round pick that makes a lot of you know, picking gents as being a player that he does not want to get involved with. I think that's a lot of logic there, you know, for him, especially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you most I don't like I will Here's the thing, like Matthew Berry always says, this. I don't hate players. I hate ADPs, and ADP fluctuates players throughout the season, right, so I'm always looking at from from like if I'm drafting in Kentucky or whatever.
Speaker 2: At a certain point, Yeah, there's players I know I'm gonna be out on.
Speaker 1: I know I will not have those players, but if ADP shifts a month later or two months later, I might be in on them at that point. Now, the argument he presented for genty, I think that that to me strikes me as even if genty is like a round three or Round four player, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If Christian is gonna be them at that point.
Speaker 1: Which is fine. I mean, it's good to have players. It's good to have your belief system in place, so you know what's going on in the belief system within the within the f f PC, k FSC. It is so cemented.
Speaker 2: You will have people tell you that Aaron Rodgers it was a terrible quarterback last year, but they will beat on their chest for Lamar Jackson. And you know, Lamar was six and seven last year and there Rogers one I thank ten games, you know, So it's uh, yeah, it's it's just a fascinating hobby. That's why it makes it so great. And know Jimmy Williams does speak nicely about us.
Speaker 1: Do yeah, that you gave us and gave us props legends Bulky and Farrell. We appreciate that, Jimmy legends in our own mind. Perhaps we have to wrap up tonight show, Farrell.
Speaker 2: I know we went a little bit long.
Speaker 1: We're going to record extra reps here with Scott Kobe coming up. But I will let everybody know. The KFFFC main event is filling up. The KFFFC Sweet sixteen Best Ball Championship is filling up. There is a Draftmasters Best Ball that is close, very close to filling that I'm in compete against me and play against a lot of the people we've had on the show KFFFC dot com. We just had Greg Wiener on a couple of weeks ago. He's in the main event Kentucky Slow Draft that I'm in right now, and we've been We've been talking about it on x and sharing our opinions on each other's team. So far, it's been a lot of fun. Check it out KFFS. Ferrel, we will talk with you on Friday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: That is Farrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. Wow, what a marathon show tonight. We revealed all forty two joes in the pros versus Joes this year. If you are looking for a copy of that in the FFPC email that will go out on Friday afternoon Friday morning, that's gonna have the full list in there so you can check it there. I want to thank Christian Helmer's, John Hurd, Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Rice, and of course each and every one of you. We will be back. This show will be back, not next Wednesday. We're gonna do live FFPC Big Gorilla Draft coverage at ten pm Friday next week, which yes, means no extra reps, but you'll get much longer than an hour episode from US at ten pm Eastern Time this Friday. Insider Access coming up tomorrow night on the Better Excume. Insider Access coming up with Andrew Ericson from Fantasy Pros. That is going to be seven o'clock tomorrow night, two full hours of great stuff. We'll talk about running back fades, we'll talk about must haves and everything with Andrew air and as he makes his return to insider access. Scott Kobe, the eleven time FFPC League Champ, will join us on extra reps that will air at ten pm this coming Friday night. FFPC main event is going to be a million dollar grand prize six hundred dollars off each additional team after you purchase your first one big gorilla drafts filling each and every day live and slow million dollar grand prize. Don't forget about that seven bananas promo that we have going on. Two best ball tournaments going on right now with the FFPC, including a four hundred thousand dollars grand prize in our Best Ball Tournament that's up one hundred k from last year. The FFPC Dynasty and Empire startups also available myffpc dot com.
Speaker 2: Chop leagues.
Speaker 1: Just avoid being the avoid the chop by being the lowes scoring team in any week of the season. If you don't do that, you will be the champion of your chop league MYFFPC dot com. Remember I like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friend, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live, which will be tomorrow night seven pm. Andrew Rickson and myself. We will chop it up on insider Access. That's gonna be a lot of fun. As our friend Vince staffelino Le likes to remind us who will be in Prosers as Joe's this year as well. You are officially over the hump now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fatasley Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Balky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, and more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: Yes, well in the never Say Die department. I know I talked to Crap about Joe from Queens New York Knicks before, but.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight seconds to go and after being down twenty nine, they're up one in this game. You gotta love the NBA. We love Fantasy football a little bit more. Great show tonight, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did, and we will be back for extra reps on Friday. Andrew Rickson seven pm tomorrow night on the FFPC Socials He from Fantasy Pro is gonna be a lot of fun. We will see you then everybody