Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to another episode of Video Games to the Maxis is number four hundred and fifty four of the show, and you're with me as usually, mister Mark Morrison did it. I'm your host Seana Garmery, And well, there is a lot to talk about here today. You have a backpedal from Xbox on eighty dollars games? Does that mean that gamers win? We're gonna go back to seventy dollars for everything now? Sony has a mysterious job listing about multi platform strategy. What is that? They about to turn the Xbox number two? And Nintendo has amazing sales for the switch to not to mention EA finally announced bottle Field six and a whole bunch of other stuff. Sony's even suing ten set in what feels like it should have happened like a year ago, and it's opening now. More down Doci hang Bonanza and that's funny. More to discuss, but let's do that right after this.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Video Games to the Max.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Good? So Fantastic four and finished The Sandmoon.
Speaker 1: Sweet I'm watching that tomorrow. Yeah, he uh, I watched Happy Gilmour two twice. Also is my girlfriend's birthday, so we went to the We both Gordon Ramsey fans, So we went to the House Kitchen that's in downtown Miami. Afty price tag for the what they serve there, but you know, it was a cool experience, at least you could say you went there and then I we went to go.
Speaker 2: I don't really know what the English term for this, Okay, yeah, so apparently it's called the Spanish line. In English we call it moan and I will see you. It's like these really small green fruits that are like hanging really high up on trees to the point where you have to have like basically a hook or something to get them off.
Speaker 1: And so we went. You know, my girlfriend has a friend that like they have like a big like a ranch and they have them there and her dad had built this like hook thing to try to get them off. It wasn't working. So I got on the ladder and the first time was able to pull a branch down and get a bunch of them off or whatever, and the second time didn't go so well for me. I fell off the ladder and had this big bruise on my on my left side and like the right side of my leg like hurts really bad. So it's been feeling better today, but it's uh yeah, I get the reminder of it feels like, you know, the the bad memory of my wrestling days of hey, I don't remember this is hurting that bad. But at least it was in the grass and not you know, but whatever it was, I guess a memory now I will have from going to uh go picks fruit so right, but hey, at least we got a bunch of them, so everybody's happy. Everybody got the eat and then that's all that matters in the end. But all right, talking about video games here, let's go ahead and get the housekeeping out of the way. Yeah, do appreciate everybody that watch us, whether you watch live watch later on the YouTube channel. W two network is where you can find us there, or you can listen on video games to the max on whatever podcast place that you like, you know, listening to podcasts, Heart Radio, Spotify, Apple podcasts, all that stuff, YouTube music. We're all there. You can you know, like subscribe give us a review. That always helps. Do you appreciate you if you can do that? The you you know, the plus of having the YouTube channels, you know, to get what we do here. But you know, we talked about some entertainment stuff. We have a whole group that does an amazing job, Routs and broadcasting team, Mark and his team. They're actually reviewing the Fantastic four First Steps movie as we speak right now. But of course you can watch that later or listen to it later. You go subscribe rather broadcasting, or if you like anime, you can go subscribe to the Taco Cafe. They cover all the seasonal anime every week, so if you like to keep up with a seasonal anime, there's plenty to keep up with this week or this season, So definitely go check them out, give them a like all that stuff that helps them out. So if anything, you can always listen to them on podcasts as well. But all right, let's get into the video games side of things, the things that were playing, any anything else you've been playing, Mark.
Speaker 3: I'm still staying away just brainion Tube.
Speaker 1: That sounds like more like work than enjoyment.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah it is, because I mean that's kind of the whole game also, But like this is so repetitive, you know, I saw something like that like eighty of players keep playing it after the credits roll and it's like, yeah, like the game isn't like it's not like you finish. I mean, the game is kind of goes endlessly really because it just it's just the same you know, thirty or forty repetitive tasks over and over and when I get that Vitam trophy and that takes a while. So, uh see, I got I haven't put it in yet. I got a WWE co which was switched to.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you got that or or he gave it to somebody else. Adam asked me and I was like, no, really not looking.
Speaker 3: Forward to I haven't said that to him. Well he asked me, and I was like this is this is more something that Sean did want and he's like, no, he's been to his girlfriend. I was like, yeah, that'll do it every time. Uh.
Speaker 1: I told him that I wouldn't be able to start playing until Wednesday, and he's kind of like, man, I need that thing like reviewed fast because you know I didn't ones number one game or whatever.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess I should actually start.
Speaker 1: And well, I don't know if I mean, I guess that means they didn't get an Xbox.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, he sent me a switch code or switch to good.
Speaker 1: So well, man, like they don't have another review of the game on the site they right now? Yeah, so I mean they kind of want that probably reviewed quickly.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll open up my switch to Uh.
Speaker 1: That's a good reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't gonna get Donkey Kong, but that doesn't hit Costco yet. I went to it, but kind of had a turnback, so I was okay.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then Yen's got a double dose of good games that I might check out. He got Wu Chong which I downloaded, which I'll give a shot eventually. And then he and then he bought the other his other, his game of the year, the Mind's Eye Mind.
Speaker 1: Why he likes bad stuff, Okay, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean he loved Right to Hell Retribution, remember that piece of Ship? And you know he likes he keeps he keeps trying to guilt Slash Talking into playing Earth Defense for six And I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, yeah, it wasn't like one of his favorite franchises or whatever. That doesn't.
Speaker 3: I mean it should, I guess, but they're all bad games, so or like, you know, if bad might be pushing it a little, but they're all like extremely mediocre.
Speaker 1: But at least that one you can enjoy with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we played Iron Angel or ironn Where the fuck that one was? We hated that one. Yeah, that turned me out. I mean they're all like that. So yeah, but yeah, I'll give Utong a shot eventually.
Speaker 1: I play that for a little bit, but I can't, like I'm literally in the beginning areas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i mean your type of game. It's also like not multiplayer, which kind of makes me less interested in it. It's funny to hear him rant about so it's like, so, I mean he's the huge talk about that stuff, but he hates the Surge and the Searge too because.
Speaker 1: Because isn't it because it has its weapon base as a shooter base and.
Speaker 3: No search shoot or both of them are like melee focused. But I mean his main criticism of like the search one was it just takes place in a bunch of like gray warehouses, and I'm like, yo, dog, most of Dark Souls takes place in you know, dark black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a lot of Dark Souls. It's not like I wouldn't say it's you know, some amazing level design or anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, there are like iconic or very cool looking locations in every Dark Souls game, but yeah, you're still going through a dark cave sooner or later. So and even even like the Search one, I could, I could accept that criticism of that game, but the Search Too actually did do something about it, like it actually has very different locations, right, and he still won't it. And meanwhile he loves this fuck that one. This one's stupid castle from the Vampire Souls, like I forget the name of it, god Eater or not God Eater. Oh damn it. They just announced the sequel, which baffled me.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, I think I oh, the the Capcom one.
Speaker 3: The cod Vain ye vein. Yeah, I don't think that's Capcom, is it?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Wow? Okay, uh but he defends that, No, that's Bandynamico.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're right. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: But he defends this one level in that game, which is like this big cathedral looking maze that is like completely untextured. It's just like white, you know, And I'm like, yeah, this is real artistic, you know.
Speaker 1: Hey, but you know, he got the Anime Souls game that he wanted to.
Speaker 3: I'd rather play the I even told him I'd rather play the stupid bloody mazes from Max Paine one. But yeah, that's about it for me. How's the Banana Banana?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I did play on for a little bit. Uh beat the the tutorial boss.
Speaker 3: I can tell you right now that any type of game, but.
Speaker 1: It's game pass. So I said, why not give it a whirl? You know? Yeah? I like the like set up for it, the the whole like story and the you know, Chinese like history part of it. They do a long, like drawn out part before you get to the area where you're actually fighting enemies to kind of let you like entered, get whatever you want out of the story at your own pace kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I will say that is my as I keep playing Death Training too. My real hope for that game is when they make Death Training three. Like the whole concept of Death Raining two is like, oh, a portal opened to Australia and now you're over there. I help for Death Training three is a portal opens to like the Congo or somewhere in Africa, and Sam goes through it, and you know, a guy, an African American guy shows up and is like, hey, not white people, We're cool. In the title network go Away, it's like we've built Wakanda. We're good because like isn't like part of like Whu Chong is a story like like part of China or part of like the areas like corrupted.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, yeah exactly, that's why they had the feathers or right, yeah, and the powers are cool. So I like that part of it. Just like again, you know, I'm not a very was like familiar. So it took a while to beat the freaking big boss.
Speaker 3: At the beginning, I remember a view that was like maybe it kind of seemed like the combats like very repetitive, Like it's just like, oh, just keep hitting the boss and dodging. Yeah, build up, well, build up the power thing, use it, and then do it all over again. And it's like that, Okay, I mean I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's there's just dodging, right, It's you're dodging everything. And then it's like that kind of like, uh, it's not a rock dodge roll. It's like a just like a side Yeah, you're just dodging over there, dodging over here, and that's kind of it. So yeah, he is really freaky looking. I like the like art design of him, of that first boss that you meet. But yeah, pretty pretty typical, you know, soul Stuf. Apparently on PC it doesn't run very well, which is getting a lot of negative reviews on that end. And then also, you know, people have discovered that apparently you can just have her wear like bathing suits, so that's that's getting that crowd all hyped up about that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, most of most of my times with Don Combananza again, uh right, I don't I don't know where I am, and like I I would imagine I'm like halfway uh through, but I don't know, because I heard some folks said that they were they thought they were like at the end of the game, and then they still had a ton to go through. But that the ending is very rewarding, so it's well worth you know, getting through that. So I'm definitely when in make my marshal there. But it's it's just fun. I get constantly go off the beaten path to go break something or find something or find a banana or get into one of those like you know, like little levels that they have that you know you're either doing the two D platforming or you're finding something or beating up something or what you know, So it's it's constant dopamine. Which I've seen a lot of people that are kind of old school gamers that that are not like they don't play a lot of the modern games apparently do not like the game because of that. Like it's like Donkey Kong doesn't have an main objective because he's you're constantly finding something, right, Whereas you know, in the two D Donkey Kong's you have the okay, I gotta get to it in the levels, but all out Kong that kind of thing, and you know, you're getting to the boss at the end and whatever, Whereas this game it's like the bosses are laughable. It really is just about kind of just exploring the world and enjoying it. And uh, you know for that really, you know, Nintendo has a magic about that recently. You know, I mentioned all the different ones that are kind of very you could tell that they took from from Kirby Zelda and and definitely obviously Mario has all kinds of Mario touches in it, and they do a great job with that. It's funny because I don't like the Zelda games, but I will play Donkey Kong and go explore places well.
Speaker 3: Like Zelda like like I would say, probably more complex systems. Yeah, I mean to some people's it's it's a good thing, but to some people it's bad, you know, like weapon durability, like having like I doubt there's a cooking minigame in Donkey Kong.
Speaker 1: No, there's, I mean so, and you know, like they do have the some of those little off the beaten things or kind of like the shrines, right and so so you know that kind of has that and it's fun. But yeah, I'll keep plugging away at it. Let's see how far I get.
Speaker 3: So let's can better respective game first, you or me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, So we'll see how far I get till next week. But we'll talk about more Nintendal stuff later. I guess we should go ahead and start with Xbox and their big change from what seemed like we were headed to the outer worlds too, coming out at eighty dollars. Just randomly, report came out from my GN that Microsoft was changing cores and they are now going back to sixty nine ninety nine seventy dollars seventy US dollars whatever you want to call it. Obviously this works out for you know, the whole premise of the Outer World two whole uh you know, going against the corporation capitalism bad thing where they're like I like that they had that whole post of in character where they they're kind of like, oh, we we were able to take out redacted and be able to lower the price for you or whatever.
Speaker 3: They were able to cut nine thousand jobs. The game is now cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd imagine that most of this is due to low pre orders. Also, you know I.
Speaker 3: Think I mean, yeah, well yeah, no no pre orders or yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Well there was a lot of backlash about this, right, people just being upset of like, hey, you know, this is not the game you really needed to do the whole eighty.
Speaker 3: Dollars with, I mean, well a of the games on game paths, so no one's gonna bite on the Xbox and then be like I don't think it was a huge seller on the PlayStation, like The First, Final Last or you know, but.
Speaker 1: Even then, the whole point is like you're not You're gonna get even less sales if it's eighty bucks, right, oh yeah, so you know, I think that's what they they saw. I saw a lot of people that you know, as soon as it changed, they went and pre ordered it at seventy. You know, they were okay with paying seventy, but they were kind of like doing the whole you know, rebuffing let's all go to eighty thing, which I applaud, you know. And it also doesn't help that. I think that I really do think Xbox thought, or you know, Microsoft thought, Okay, Nintendo opened the door, more people are gonna go to eighty. There's probably still gonna be people that are gonna do it. There's rumors that you know, is going to try with Battlefield six. We'll see how that turns out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, met him that that population they want.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm surprised they didn't say they didn't try to keep it with Call of Duty, but I guess they're smart in that, like, let's not try to get people against the one game that we for sure need to make sure sales right, so, you know, and they said it's not just out of Worlds too, it's also you know, Ninja goutt in four and you know the rest of the holiday lineup. So that's positive to you because I Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the thing Nintendo can get away with with a theoretical eighty dollars game. You can, right, most people would argue there's more value there.
Speaker 1: Well. Also, you have the option of buying the bundle and saving thirty dollars, right, So, and they knew that they were going to have enough quantity for people that wanted to buy the bundle and say the thirty dollars, you definitely could do that, right, Yeah. I did that because I already had a fifty dollars enough in points or credits or whatever on my switch one. So I said, I'm only going to pay thirty bucks, So who cares, I'll just get the switched to with without the game in it. But you know it, hey, people are being very budget conscious right now, and I think that's the thing is like you can you can raise the price of your console and nobody's buying and it doesn't really make a difference. But when you need people to buy your games, it doesn't make sense for you to do this with with the Outer Rules two and Ninja Guid and then you know the rest of the the games that you're you know, I don't know if keeper is going to be even seventy That game should be budget. Should be a budget title, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it shouldn't be twenty bucks, but it should put I'd say, like shift.
Speaker 1: I think that they haven't even revealed though, how much this gonna cost or right, I think it's still just says okay, this is it's coming out this day on October seventeen, but it doesn't have a price. But yeah, I do think it's interesting that they kind of self admitted that, hey, we need to kind of go backwards on this. Right, It's fun, you know, I mean, like they always do with their stuff, they can make it look like they meant to do this the whole time.
Speaker 3: But whatever, let me ask you this theoretically, I mean, I don't you're gonna play. You don't even play the game on game pass, so it's kind of moved. But let's say you were going to buy the game. Would you rather have paid seventy for it and had all the people laid off or eighty for it and had them not be laid off? Well?
Speaker 1: Would? I mean, if you're telling me that's what it is, I'll pay the ten next one dollars today? Have people x keep their job. But that has nothing to do with why the civil lost their jobs. Let's be honest. That has more to do with the other story that we have in conjunction with us with Sati Nadello. Basically, since he's saying that the you know, the layoffs way on him, that he feels bad, but almost aping the same stupid thing that Phil Spencer said that like, well, we've never been better. You know, we're doing great. It's like we're thriving. It's like, again, I get that you're talking to shareholders here, but good lord, that just sounds so tone deaf.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'm sure it's really weigne heavily as he gets in his private jet jets out to his mansion. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He called it the enigma of success, saying that the layouts and opportunity for the company to shape lead through and have a greater impact than her before.
Speaker 3: Yeah again number their number two in the world, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know again he has a point about AI and all that stuff, and that he can't just let that, you know, pass them by. They have to make sure that they're at the forefront. They can't let let it happen again where Google is the leader in search and all that other stuff. Like I get it, but it's like, man, this continues to be shitty.
Speaker 3: You can make him make you can make a use case for search, Like people search every day. They still get to make a good use case for AI except for you know, obviously shitty like you know, fake models and photographs or you know, AI just making that total bullshit for like legal filing and craft like that.
Speaker 1: Not true. I mean I see it every day. I see my Like my dad was telling me, he uses it to be able to you know, make a list or or finds essentially like another option of searching. Just it gives you everything right there instead of you having to like kind of read through articles or whatever. It gives you the best version of each one of those, which sucks because then you're taking away reading from those articles that kind of need those hits and everything.
Speaker 3: So it kind of reminds me this happened a few days ago. But I mean, I assume you use an ad blocker with Chrome.
Speaker 1: I don't. Yeah, I mean, but I think it's the one that Chrome already has in there, because.
Speaker 3: I don't, Okay, they got rid of the good one. It was you block because I started going to websites and like this admiral bullshit kept popping up and like what's this? And then ahead of YouTube and it started like Wave playing a lot more ads, and I'm like, what just happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I saw that like Google itself or Chrome turned off the U block extension like at a Core or you know, from Chrome, and I'm like, the fuck is this? Like did I tell you to do this? No? And why do you do it? You know?
Speaker 1: I mean it's the reason why YouTube is the only one that I have the non ad version where I have pretty good right, because I can't with the I go to my girlfriend's house and she has the you know, because I don't want to be putting my stuff on everybody's TV because then it misses the up the algorithm right, and uh, I can't stand it. Bro trying to watch a five minute thing and you get like twenty ads. It's so freaking annoying.
Speaker 3: I mean, there is themselves because like initially YouTube didn't have that, and then right it's the same, like and then they try to build it in, but I say, no, you've already conditioned your you know, your customer base not want or not you know, I want to deal with this bullshit. So it's the same way. I still get emails from photo Bucket, like begging me going like, oh, your CON's gonna get that led or do you know your last chance to recover your files?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, dude, they you said that for two years. Man, you can stop telling me about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you you are the ones who ruined your business, not me, So leave me alone.
Speaker 1: But there's so many of those sites now, like you don't even need right, you know. Plus you can just use Google Drive as well. You don't even need to use a site. Yeah, but yeah, you know, it's it's hard to again care about uh what Sautier all the corporates that Microsoft have to say. I mean, at least they listened about the going to seventy dollars games. It also probably doesn't help that like they probably expected like Borderlands for to be eighty dollars, and they expected, you know, at one point GTA six was going to come out, that was probably going to be eighty dollars, you know, so like even I think they might have expected EA to put the sports games at eighty dollars too. And then so like when nobody's doing it. You're the one that looks like an idiot, you know, and it's like, well, might as well do like just like we did with Xbox Live and all the other times that we've like changed our minds or whatever and just go backwards. But that's good. They did it, and hey, hopefully all the people that are going to buy these games now you enjoy it. Hopefully out of World's two delivers on the promises that it seems to be wanting to deliver on of City Ands had a great track record so far.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: We'll see. I'm more excited for a nine of gutten four myself, but again glad to hear that that game is also gonna do well for not only the Xbox but Koi, Techmo and the Team Ninja and alltle seopel that probably want to see it do well.
Speaker 3: So did you like the last one? You know? The past? Two? Or no?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: You know it was bad, uh until they like fixed it somewhat. But yeah, one and two we're awesome. I loved one and two, so I.
Speaker 3: Liked one and that's I didn't. Yeah, I didn't even like two and then three except for that's another good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the three D the DS.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I know it was like the Zombie one.
Speaker 1: What but wasn't wasn't that the three D S or D S? Okay?
Speaker 3: That was that was a console game? Okay? Yeah, yeah by Ninja Guid and oh.
Speaker 1: All right, but we'll see what happens with that. But I mean, interestingly for Xbox, a new job application that appeared on LinkedIn, uh for a position within Sony for PlayStation mentions Xbox, which you know, we don't really see much of other than when you know, they were talking about hell divers too and all that. But this new role apparently is a position that will help expand places to reach beyond PlayStation hardware, working to bring PlayStation games to platform such as Steam, which they already do at the Game Store, Nintendo Mobile, and yes, even Xbox. The new role is a senior director of Multiplatform and Account Management, and we'll report directly to Sony's vice president. The senior director will play a critical leadership role in shaping and executing the global commercial strategy for PlayStation studio software titles across all digital platforms beyond PlayStation hardware. The roles are kindable for optimizing toitle profitability, ensuring cross functional alignment, and leading a high performing team focused on multiplatform expansion, mid range commercial planning, a platform partner management. That's a lot of mumbo jumbo there. As far as I'm spats to live with the job. They will oversee the out year of mid range commercial strategy of platation studios, titles across non PlayStation platforms, driving long term revenue growth, in audience reach, blah blah blah. You know, And they also directly mentioned multi platform strategies and sales for Xbox and PC, So they mentioned Xbox and PC more than even switched to, which is interesting. There's a broad ranging spectrum here of what this means. I always saw people, you know, going and trading in their PlayStation five and doing all the stupid BSh or saying that they're now PC Master Race or whatever that they're turning their back on PlayStation.
Speaker 3: You know, you only gonna drop two grand in a video card every two years. No, right, exactly problem there, But what.
Speaker 1: Do you think this means? Like, there's people that are obviously staunchly against this meaning anything that any of those big Sony games are going to come over that it's just the live service stuff, and this is just them kind of like preparing people for whenever it is that Fair Games and whatever other live service thing is left also comes to Xbox or do you think it is like they're going to use this sort of like PC, where maybe not one year, but maybe like two years or further down you'll start seeing some of the bigger PlayStation games come.
Speaker 3: I don't even get to be bigger, but you might see some of them. Like you mentioned that, like Xbox has said more than switch to and it's like that's not to me, that's not surprising because the Xbox, you know, at least the series exo is on par with the playotation.
Speaker 1: If right, it's easier to port to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they could. I mean it's still a lot of PS five games have PS four counterparts and that can kind of go to the switch too easily enough, but still is probably more work to be done there than an Xbox one. Uh. I don't know. I see this as like their lower tier games head Xbox, maybe like hot Shots Golf or maybe even like Fraternal But I can see Spider Man on an Xbox at least, like officially we're not going to see the last of Us on an Xbox or an astrobot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be really interesting if Last of Us where to show up like we're like, okay, I think you can definitely just throw all that at the winner.
Speaker 3: It would be funny if it was like unlock the Joel skin for Gears of War E Day.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, you know, I do think that they're there is something to be said for as a Hey Daniel, good to see you. You know, you see are one of our main co hosts here, he says, I think there will be a test for Sonya and franchises to come out on Xbox, see how large the sales are, and then Swinny will go from there. Yeah. Obviously, Hell Diverge two is that big first test, which is coming out the same day as Gears E Day is also coming out, and then essentially Gears is coming to PlayStation. This is of course leading to the which seems pretty evident that like, okay, Gears not Gears of Ams, Gears reloaded, and then is leading to people feeling like Gears E Day is also going to be coming to PlayStation, along with State of the K three, which you know, those are presumably coming in twenty twenty six. But that's just based off of that, you know, throwaway line that Phil said about the anniversary of Xbox and that you know, you're expecting the Big Four to becoming. So we'll see about that if it actually happens. Daniel Mintion is in Charged Collection. Yeah, I could definitely see some of the older stuff like right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, i'd say any ANYPS four game or you know, but like again, like not Spider Man or not Last of Us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that you'd have to sell. You'd have to you'd have to sell, like we're talking about. We basically essentially, Xbox would have to do what PlayStation is doing with us right now. In order to get you want the bigger games, you gotta do what on Xbox what PlayStation is doing with for with every single one of these games. If you want Spider Man, because they're gonna look at it and go, oh man, I don't think we can say.
Speaker 3: No to that, or what you do. If you want Uncharted on an Xbox, do what they did with like Kingdom Hearts and be like, Okay, here's every Uncharted game for seventy bucks.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, but I do. I also think that the reason why they're mentioning Xbox. One of those more than Switched is that there's part of that audience that like, there's some of those games that I think Nintendo will not be very big on bringing them up, right. Yeah, So like some of the more violent games, I don't know what they're gonna be sitting there. Maybe God of War is like too big for them to say no to.
Speaker 3: Day is Gone to Switch edition and you can grab that biker and a Mario outfit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wonder if, like, you know, with them having that deal with dust bloods like, does does Demon Souls? Does Bloodborn get put over there on Switch? Like?
Speaker 3: No, they didn't even put blood Borne on fucking you know PC.
Speaker 1: Right, But I'm just saying, like, you know, we don't know how far this extends, like if if Sony is really thinking about this, does that go to that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, let's say Dust Bluzz does ridiculous numbers on Switch to which, considering the numbers that we have for Night Rain and even Shadow of the Ur Tree, which you know Elder Ring is coming to Switch you know sometime this year with with Shadow of the Ur Tree, I expect that to do amazing numbers on Switch as well. So imagine if dust was which is exclusive, does crazy numbers do they bring more over there?
Speaker 3: You know, I would say no, I think Dust play will do relatively okay, but like, you know, it's still I would say the Switch too is still kind of loot as a kiddy system, and more more serious games have not done particularly well. I mean like like Bane at A three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's sold well enough, but it's it's one of.
Speaker 3: Those where it kind of no, it didn't it really actually kind of didn't do well.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't there like some kind of well. They also had the backlash on the voice actors for that game as well, that didn't you know, throw in any kindness.
Speaker 3: The game, Like the game didn't run well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the game didn't run well either.
Speaker 3: People didn't like I know, you didn't like the story much, and I think I think, like with every banet that game kind of like softening it up more and more.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, I definitely see something like Uncharted or you know, start throwing some of the older.
Speaker 3: In there. Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you ever see a God of War a spider Man, I think we can kind of put that stuff to rest of the you know, Console Wars are definitely dead.
Speaker 3: I mean I would say that like like Astrobot is a continuing franchise and like don't make a Spider Man three most likely, but I don't see a huge like future for like being Charted like it kind of ended it. No, definitely, I would like, I mean, people have been begging for the new Slack Cooper, but those that kind of ended with like PS.
Speaker 1: Three Sucker Punch would have to give that out to somebody, right, same thing with like Naughty Dog and Jackie Baxter.
Speaker 3: And that weird how like Territorial these some of these developers are and it's like you're not making this ship or you know, like you know, why do you? Okay, you made it initially, but you're still not making and you're not making it anymore like a crack at it.
Speaker 1: I feel like somebody has gotta be making one of those because like Sony's been having this now. I understand Astrobot is their mascot now and like Astrobod is the platform or for them or whatever, but like they have been having this push towards like let's have more family games. Yeah, right, So like it would behoove you to have more than just Astrobot, right, I mean, yeah, you have Ratchet and Clank, but is gonna gonna really work on that now They've they've got Wolverine and Spider Man three that they're working on, So that's gonna be way in the back burner, you know. But yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see. Does this also mean that their PC strategy moves up?
Speaker 3: Right? Do they?
Speaker 1: Does the windows start getting shorter for PC?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: In lieu of having this where it's like, okay, well, now Xbox and Switch are gonna be the ones where we really make them wait, right, because it's about the console. We want to make our console be the one that is definitely the best one. You gotta have it. You have all the games, even the Xbox games you know right now.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get ur You're gonna get our games eventually, but you're gonna wait till, you know, halfway through the life cycle of the next Xbox or whatever before you get any loose. And even then, I mean, like that's the thing gonna be interesting thing too, is like if that's the last Xbox, does it really you know matter at that point? If it really is a PC then maybe that's why they're okay with it, because at that point, the next Xbox is going to essentially just be a PC with an Xbox sticker on it. So is that why they don't care? Because you know, it's really just Windows. So we're already it in on PC. Why not just put it on Xbox too? What's the big deal?
Speaker 3: You know? Should just try selling the p S five system covers.
Speaker 1: It's an Xbox, right, that'd be interesting they did that. Yeah, it's I do think the people that are you know, on that uh the console we're bandwagon though, like you know, get ready. I think you are going to go through that same kind of hurt that the Xbox fans did, maybe not not to that rip the band aid. Yeah point, but I think we are going to get we are not it. There will be more than just the four you know, the the live service games. I think we are going to get some of the single player games. And that's where you're going to start seeing people get really upset.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the thing you know that Sony is working on like the PlayStation six right somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they albody said that they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know Sarah bond is like, oh, we're partners AMD to make the new you know Xbox. But between the two, I have more faith in the PS six coming out, you know, than that like the traditional console you know, kind of gated garden and then whatever Xbox is going to and you are going to come out with.
Speaker 1: I just think that essentially the problem is that it's not just you know, it's it's about like they can't exist anymore with the walled gardens, especially if none of these live service games hit for Sony like the ones they have left aside from Held Divers too, Like if they continue to bomb, like they got to make that money somewhere, right, and games cost too much for them to continue to just be and they don't make enough games like that. That's the point is like, Okay, look at look at their lineup this year, right, it's okay, Desk writing too is essentially second party, you know, right, Kajima made that, not them, and then you have got to Yota, right, and then that's it, and then like what's your lineup for next year?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of unknowns, right, Like we don't know how quickly they could spin up some of these I mean the studios are working on live service games that are now having to work on whatever it is they're working on.
Speaker 3: Now you're you're talking about one of the one of the one of the problems though is they put all their or all their money into one or two games, and if they don't do well, that's a problem. But likely I would say, have smaller projects, have more projects, and then if one or two of those goes bad, hey, it's a it's it's a problem where it's a you know, it's a injury. But I'm not a you know, vital one, or it's not going to like fold the company. Like look at how much I mean and how much just find it on Concord, Like they maybe not like ten single player games, but at least two or three, and I bet at least one of them might have done well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why they you know, brought Deviation kind of like back and had them do a single player.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or I think it's like multiplayer, but more of the traditional type, not you know, live service related. H I do think that somebody's probably working on a remake of Uncharted. I wouldn't be surprised somewhere because Sony has to have like any franchise that could possibly make them some kind of money. I feel like they got to have somebody's thinking about, we got to do something with that.
Speaker 3: Where the hell is jumping flash than you cow or right?
Speaker 1: But even even look at the astrobot right, like they have essentially turned that thing almost into a it just keeps they keep making levels for it, you know, instead of having like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I questioned that that mindset because it's like how many, like how many new copies of that thing, of that thing are you selling?
Speaker 1: Not that many? Right, because I think they said that like foresa Head already sold more than Astrobot.
Speaker 3: So like it's funny, Uh, did you like Burnout Paradise. Yeah, I'm like one of the food who just did not like that game. Like it's never clicked with me. I've tried multiple times, and that was like their philosophy when that game came out, like the first year is they're like, oh, we're gonna have all those you know, free DLC for you, and it didn't help. And now I just have someone refer to not Paradise as a franchise killer, and I'm like, yeah, because they make a Burnot game after that.
Speaker 1: Well ea, bought the Criterion and then kind of just.
Speaker 3: About for Burnout three, like they made three, you know, came back.
Speaker 1: But we know a kind of has this like they're almost square level of didn't meat expectations, and then these games would just go away right look at me for speed. They can't seem to figure out how to make that thing.
Speaker 3: But you know that was the thing that Burnout Paradise is you know e A at the time gave them a pretty good run or like you know, uh, string of like hey, if this three A DLC does well and the sales continue to like, you know, go for it, and it never did. And it's like they should have just kind of cut early with the Paradise DLC and put that money into making you know, Paradise too or something else. Black two there you go, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it's gonna be a kind of a crazy experience here. What happens in twenty twenty six for the you know, between Sony and Xbox? Does Sony ever make does Sony make that move next year of putting something on Xbox it's not that's not a live service game, and then kind of starts that steamroll. I mean, the thing is that like people can say what they want about, oh I'm gonna go PC Master Race or whatever, but it's like Sony's big enough that they have such a console share, and there's Sony people that like, Okay, you can say that, oh I can go to Nintendo or I can go to PC. But it's like, okay, Nintendo, there's only so many There's gonna be games that the switch to is not gonna be able to run at some point, So what's gonna be your option? Right, And it's like, okay, well then I have to I have to have a PlayStation. And then that's the thing. It's like the people that are making some big fuss about this is like, look, exclusives bring people to the platform, but they're not the reason why the PlayStation continues to continues to like go on. It's those third party games aside from like Spider Man and maybe Last of Us or whatever. It's it really is like the Call of Duty, the the Madden, the the ea FC all NBA two K, those games, those are what bring the people in to keep buying those games every year, and that keeps them using the console. Right. It's not you know, buying even death Stranding two for example, which did well, but it's still a very niche of a niche thing, right, and you know they're definitely not well why you know, Returnal or whatever whatever sorrows is. When that comes out, I'm sure that will do well. But yeah, I mean crazy.
Speaker 3: Numbers the people like training in their PSI for a PC or like bananas because it's like, okay, you're you know, you're one six of the way there to get in a new PC, I guess, and hey, the PC has you know, ten thousand more games on it, if not way more if you want to get into like the like shadier shit. But how many that are? How much of that are you gonna play?
Speaker 1: Right? If you're already not playing indies on your PlayStation, why you're gonna play that on your PC? No, you're not right, and you're gonna quickly get to the point where you can't play the big third party games. So what are you gonna do at that point?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know that's how That's how people keep their their laptop or their their system going. Is they end up playing a lot of the the indie stuff or whatever we once her system can't get uh yeah, unless they have to upgrade it then they can play it again. So you know that that's uh. But moving on from this this topic, Sony has more stuff that's kind of happened as we got closer to do in the episode. Today, Sony has something that we thought would happen a lot sooner. Like when they announced this game the light of Mostrium ten cent, Sonny would quickly be going out there and telling them, yo, cease and assist. This saint happening, but no, on it took him, took him a while, but they did. They have officially put it out in court. Also that those court documents have allowed us to learn that Horizon, the Horizon series as a whole has sold thirty eight million copies, which is big number. They sold thirty two just two years ago. A million more. Now you see why, you know, Herman Holst's got the whole bank, the whole farm on that MMO and the multiplayer game, because you know that's a that's some large numbers for that to sell. Yeah, so they're hoping that that's gonna you know, lead to those games. Seeing well, but honestly, when we saw like let me say, I could pull up the trailer like the game is a total Sony has every right to go after them, like the the game is a total ripoff of Horizon. It's absolutely deplorable that they even thought that this was cool to do. Like, I get it. That part of it is they kind of thought that, well, you know, Sony kind of told him no when they wanted to do an official like hey, can we partner on a Horizon game? And they said no, and Sony said no, right, so Tencent was like, oh you said no, huh, well then we're just going to go and make our own damn Horizon. But we're just going to copy the ship out of it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It's it's insane, man like kind of looks like her like a.
Speaker 3: Loy a Chinese company not obeying copyright laws and patents. That's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're you know, Sony's suing for damages and you know they want to they want to be able to stop the game from being able to be released because it h you know, property rights. Yeah, it's it's just insane. Like when we saw this, I said, I don't know how Sony's not suing them right now, right because it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: Is just seeing if like anything actually did change and no it didn't.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and it got a lot of buzz, like people got had pre orders for it and whatnot. So I imagine this will quoll that pretty quickly. I wonder if ten Cent's gonna actually try to fight them, like you know Power is doing with Nintendo, or they're gonna kind of.
Speaker 3: I mean at least like how World has like a different spin on it. It's not just wholesale ripping off like pikachew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, okay, you can say that the the character designs are kind of similar, but the game as a concept is much different. And dude, they did it so well. They they added stuff that people wish Nintendo would have done with Pokemon.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like the same thing with like Pokemon and the old jad Cocoon game, Like right, yeah, it's they're both games about capturing monsters and battling, but like JK Coon, you know, you could breed them, which I think Tokemon eventually did but like way later, yeah they did, you know, or you could like set you could like basically like sell the monster to get money, which I doubt you can do in Pokemon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you know, at one point Tenson had approached them to collaborate I knew Horizon game last year and the offer was rejected. So then Tenson announced slide of Moultrium It anyway, Yeah, yeah, exactly, which borrows heavily from all the things in Horizon, from the story to the artistic elements to the you know, we did you you can clearly seeing the trailer that there's like you know, the robot, right, animals are in it, like I mean, it's it's all all essentially.
Speaker 3: I'm sur I don't call him the same name like rip jaw, you know some of the stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, It's it's pretty bad to be honest. I don't see any way in how Sony doesn't win this and then.
Speaker 3: This, I mean just you know, I think some games, like game concepts shouldn't really be copyrighted per se, like copyright like a racing game or you know, yeah, but something to this like direct and this like obvious. It's like yeah, and it's.
Speaker 1: Not even being done in like a funny ha haa like satire way. This looks like legitimately just a we wanted to make our own horizons, so whatever, right, and it's yeah, it's it's like done in spite of So if I were Sony, yeah, definitely freaking go after him. Yeah, gonna be see how quickly this goes through the courts and all that jazz. But you know, we talked about God of War earlier. They did have they interviewed the the kind of the showruner they're credit director. He kind of give a little bit of some thoughts on like what he's doing to kind of prepare for the game or prepare for like making the show, and he did reveal that it is going to be based off of the twenty eighteen show. It's not going to copy it directly, but they are going to try to keep out of the same themes and characters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Norse mythology, not the Greek one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. I'm sure they'll have some flashback to some you know, yeah Greek crap in the show at.
Speaker 1: Some point, definitely. And and also just also the Corey Barlogs involved, so you know for sure he's gonna probably put some of that right uh in there, which is cool, Like, look, it's every time we've seen these shows be done well is when the original creators are involved, like we saw with Neil Druckman and last of us so.
Speaker 3: One season two, Well, I think.
Speaker 1: That's more of like, did Druckman really have anything to do with the casting of Bella Ramsey or was that all you know?
Speaker 3: That was season one? Still? I mean, well, but.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, was that more HBO and the direct or? Was that really had a lot to do with Neil Druckman saying Okay, I need Bill Ramsey to be Ellie because that's that was the main problem I think a lot of people have was and I even saw some of the biggest you know, supporters of the show was saying that like season two is where it kind of showed that she just didn't fit the part, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it yet, so I can't really you know, make a.
Speaker 3: Case for my I mean, hey, by the time season four comes out in like six years should be old enough.
Speaker 1: So won't matter, you think, So you think there's I don't. I think they're just gonna do that second part of two.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, but like I think Craig Mason was like, oh, we need season we need four seasons to tell the full tale or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, definitely not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's basically said like season three is all from uh per fact and then yeah, s'son four soused to kind of like marry the two or bring him together, but a no, you don't. You know you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like let's leave that part out right. We'll see if they get there. No, NHBO, they probably will just because I'm sure it will do well enough to where they'll probably keep it going.
Speaker 3: But the season one to season two drop off was like noticeable, like ratings wise, so.
Speaker 1: They did say that. You know, he did state that there's probably definitely gonna be two seasons. Yeah, with like ten episodes in season one, and that's kind of all he could say. He didn't want to like promise like kind of like fall Out where they have it mapped out for like season six or whatever. Yeah, you know, we'll see if if it gets that far. But hope. So, I mean it kind of shows if you can do this right, then it will do like most other TV shows, where it will last. You know, I'm a little bit worried that you have the Halo TV show guy also involved in here, but hopefully.
Speaker 3: That means Man, that was great, No, it was.
Speaker 1: Let's not the least we got to talk about that Halo TV show.
Speaker 3: They'll just started introducing random fit to the Gotta War TV said that has nothing to do with it, right.
Speaker 1: But hey. They also announced their uh well they don't ready announced this thing, the Fight Sick, but it officially has a name now. It's called the Flex Strike. And they had a whole it's gonna debut at EVO, you know, August first, the third, and they had a whole trailer that came out kind of showcasing what you.
Speaker 3: Can do with it.
Speaker 1: You can use it chorded with the USB, or you can use it wireless, which is cool. And they have it like all packed. They have a carrying case and you can also like pack the chords and stuff like inside it so that you could take that all with you. Right, it's just neat. Yeah, I don't know. You play finding games playing more than.
Speaker 3: Me, so yeah, but I don't like fight sticks. I'm used to a controller, so I'm bad if arcade sticks. Honestly. Oh okay, Like one time, this was like many years ago, but I played. I was like at an arcade playing Marvel Verus Capcom two and like I was going through the story kind of okay, but like this kid and that kid. But he was like twenty or twenty one or something. He came up and like play and he dusted me because it's like, yeah, I don't use arcade sticks, so they ain't a surprising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's cool that this exists and for.
Speaker 3: People who like him, you know, decently made. So sure, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure this will be a hit with the FGC crowd. Right, so let's see, Uh, you know, Sony can get this, have this become an accessory that really sells. I mean that's one thing that Sony does well, they sell those accessories and he will buy those dual Sense controllers and other things the covers and stuff like that. So right, but uh, Sony also did the thing that they did also with Katakawa and uh, you know, from Soft they acquired a percentage of a Japanese company, two point five percent of bend On Namco. Which they happened working with bend On Namco to get those you know, Freedom Wars Remastered and the Padopond remaster and those kind of out the door, kind of like working as a middleman so they can get those on switch to and switch and you know, I don't know if they'll come to Xbox eventually. Now they seem to be kind of opening the door. But you know, this is just like another publisher that they kind of have that percentage of. They also have five percent of devolve A Digital, almost five percent of Epic, and they have that highest percentage of from software.
Speaker 3: So I think, I think it's a I mean, it's a I wouldn't say better, but it's a I would. I actually do think it's better. I guess solution that like what Microsoft is doing, it was just buying companies out right and then closing them down.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. It'd be nice if, you know, we could see Microsoft do something like that instead of just buying them and then.
Speaker 3: Like I think, like Sony's, Sony's solution is like slower, but it's you know, it's Namco. It's been Anco suddenly failed, like it's kind of like at the end of the Sony's world or anything like.
Speaker 1: But I think also it's Sony doesn't want to deal with all that stuff. Sony just kind of wants a piece. They want like to have kind of more control over certain aspects, but they don't want to deal with like, you know, imagine all the stuff that Namco has to deal with outside of just games, right, Like they want they want all the connections, they want all the help with like especially with the anime, right because this is another this is another play for the continuing domination that they have with anime. To be fair, like, this is not just about gaming. This is about not only is this the from software publisher, uh, the elder and ring publisher. This is this is so like Okay, they have all those other rights to like all these animated properties, so you know, Digimond, DBZ, my Hero, all the you know, all these big name properties. Like I don't know how this really to what extent this all helps with that, but you know they keep wanting to make in roads even further with the anime stuff.
Speaker 3: So I mean it're basically becoming like I mean kind of like ten Cent are becoming like landlords, I guess of Like I mean these companies where like, yeah, like we don't own it, but we get the money every month because of stock dividends or you know whatever.
Speaker 1: You got diversifying the portfolio, right, just making sure you get some income somewhere else. It's not just all about gaming. It so smart, right, Like they're doing the thing with the movie. You know, they have the Sonny pictures that they've had for a very long time. They have the you know, all the animal stuff. They they essentially like have a domination stranglehold on streaming.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Netflix is kind of like poking the bear with that and and kind of trying to make their own kind of inroads there also because Netflix knows that they kind of like went way too far in the other direction with the TV shows and the movies, so like anime kind of is the right the sweet spot that it like doesn't cost them a lot, but they're also like actually pushing more people to watch anime, which is you know plus for the whole industry. So there was a report not that I think that's like a week or two ago that came out and said Netflix is making a positive impact on more people are watching anime because of Netflix.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, I mean people like a normal person isn't going to sign up for County.
Speaker 1: Role, right or they know that that's like yeah, exactly, like I pay eight bucks a month for the one show when you can just watch it on Netflix.
Speaker 3: That for Netflix and watch more casual anime and then that might eventually spark.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, but see Netflix has been smart recently. They've been getting either they've been getting like really good series outright, or they've been getting like dual streaming where it's not just Country Role, they're doing it with like a dondadon they have Country World gets the streaming also, but they also get it so it's like you don't have to leave Netflix to watch that show. So another reason why you don't have to subscribe to Crunchy Role. And that's uh, that's positive, but it's good. Like Sony needs that competition because if Crunchyroll has owned everything, it'd be kind of just you know, just blab because High Dive is very niche and you know, credit to them for for continuing to exist and do their own thing, but you know, you need that big like Netflix.
Speaker 3: I told I told a friend she has a huge case closed fan, and I told her like, oh, Netflix, it's bringing kids closed back like they did, like they're doing like a new dub of it and everything. And she's just like why And I was like, what do you mean. She's like, why can't you just get the old you know, the old show back or you know the old dub. And I was like, first of all the probably don't have the rights to it. Yeah, and also like they want to make more or this is exactly with a new dub. They have new voice actors who are actually like working, so they had the nepacity to you know, do more episodes.
Speaker 1: Not And that was another thing too, is that Netflix will which is bad, it's not great. Netflix will hold off on shows if they don't have the dub, which makes it to where like there's one thing's coming out this season that like they're holding off the last September because they want to make sure the dub is there. But they also have the data that shows they're like ninety percent of the people that watch on Netflix to watch them dubbed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it makes I would say it makes sense actually, Like I mean, there are like the die hard fans who have watched like Dragon Ball Dima with like fans subs or whatever, but like most peoplest casual people just watch it on cunty roll with the dub and all.
Speaker 1: Right, it makes it a lot easier. I don't have to sit there and stare at every single word that's being you know, like I watch a lot of things with subtitles because of just you know, sometimes the audio quality on streaming services sucks so a lot of times, so like I don't have to do the whole putting the volume up, putting the volume down, putting the volume up, putting the volume down. I just put the subtitles on and just like, Okay, if I didn't hear that, at least I know what it they said, right, But like when it comes to like with anime, yeah, I do love watching the current seasons, and you have to watch them in Japanese and that's fine, but it's like it does get tired after a while, and I do you kind of want to be able to like, Okay, I can listen and kind of watch, and then I can work or do whatever I need to do and not have to be staring at the screen the whole time. We're moving on from that. Speaking of ben I Namco though and from soft Eldon Ring, Night Rain is getting that two player mode mark. So does that mean that y'all are going to play it now?
Speaker 3: No? I actually just at the ends, but that's when he popped up with but I want to play you know, first defense for six because he plays with another friend of his. Yeah, and my good luck with that then.
Speaker 1: It's it's coming in a couple of days. This is a mode that was not available launch, but they put it in because people requested it would have probably helped you guys maybe perhaps played at launch. And the game has done surprisingly well. It's so two billion on the first day and had sold five million, you know currently as far as the last data that we have from June and then Shadow of the Arch to the Expansion has sold ten million, and eleanor Ring itself has sold like thirty million, which is ridiculous. So definitely that's a franchise. You know, they got to be cooking ether Ring two somewhere.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe, I mean who knows, Like.
Speaker 1: Well, the way at the rate that they're doing going with these like multiplayer things, if Dust Bloods does anything close to Night Rain, I mean, shoot, talk about like Van e Namko having their own like multiplayer gold mine here with this. So I mean, that's that's pretty amazing. Like they probably just kind of threw it out there and they said, Okay, well let's see if this works out, and hey, it did.
Speaker 3: Right now and it's not like a whole new necessary game or you know, it's right like we're using assets per se, but well.
Speaker 1: They are kind of using assets also.
Speaker 3: Well it's not whole at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean that's what helps them be able to make these quickly, is they're they're kind of doing the Sega Yakuza thing. Is, hey, we can reuse assets, why not, right, we don't have to take five years to make one of these whole time by then who nobody's gonna maybe don't care about evan ry, right, but you know we we which two is is doing well without dust floods for the time being, they sold one point six million just in the US alone in that you know launch month. My Kart World without the bundle and without digital sales is number three for the month. So I imagine if they counted digital sales and the bundle, it's definitely number one. H out, But elder Rick Knight Rain was the best selling game of June, it was already the best selling game of May. And then des Rainy two is right there in second. And yeah, I mean some interesting like stuff from this uh, from this data here with the games that are top stull Blade went from being one hundred and eighty five to number five thanks to the PC released and right, Yeah, those definitely wanted to get them some Stellar Blade and Eve there for sure, but hey, they showed up, they bought the game, so that's a matter of sports are Horising five, it's still hanging in there at number six. Grand Theft Auto five and Minecraft just keep doing their thing. Uh, just seven and eight respectively. Room Factory Guardians of a Zuma that's the launch game that launched was switched to the third party launch game. I'm sorry that like launch with it at number ten. That's pretty great considering how much of a niche game that is. Siren Fining twenty seventy seven went from four hundred and twenty seven to eighteenth because of switch to. So yeah, and WW two K twenty five, which is now micking its debut on switch to, sitting there at number twenty right of all things. And elden Ring is sitting there at number thirteen, and that game is old, so yeah, you know, yeah, Eldon Scrolls for a Blaiant Remastered did drop a bunch to like sixteen, but it's been up there for like two months already, so you know, eventually it was going to drop. It's a single player heavy game. It is still number two for the entire year, with Assassin' Screen Shadows at number three. There I will be the shows in the top five. Kingdom Come Delivery still hanging in there at number six, Night Rain is officially like number eight now after the two months has been there. Uh Fource Horizon five still in there and the you know kind of upper tens. So yeah, and Spider Man two still hanging in there at number twenty. Also, people were just buying those those old games man.
Speaker 3: That Oblivion Room Master did so well that it's had a last people.
Speaker 1: To be fair, like we thought about last week, most of the people that were laid off had nothing to do with that team, So I wonder if it did affect some of the ones for Middleburg Solid Delta because they let go of like seventy. They're in Asia, so right, But I guess we'll find out after that game releases, which is it's at leasting in a month from now. Are you gonna get that?
Speaker 3: I might, I might get it. Yeah, But I was never like a huge Medical Solid three fan. But it's acted take sad, I'm not giving a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah why not? You? Also you also got more interesting just sales stuff from the digital side, for things for June twenty twenty five, according to New Zoo, taking eat shop data from various countries, including the US and parts of Europe, Cat is upset.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cat.
Speaker 1: Delta Room was actually the number one selling game and the entirety of the shop for June. My Kart was number two. Uh so that's interesting. Like Delta Run, I mean obviously deltsa ruined much cheaper, right by large margin, twenty four dollars instead of of like eighty, so you know that helps on that front. Also, Welcome Tour being ten bucks, I'm sure helps yea than Minecraft and No Man's Sky. So yeah, and then you got the Fantasy Life I did pretty well too, so that also kind of launched with the system. So yeah, pretty interesting stuff on that the sales front. Always cool to kind of look at that data and just see what that looks like. However, the Pokemon Presents, which happened like the day after we did the episode last week, not that great. Honestly, I was expecting more or at least more information about Pokemon ZA and we just got, oh, there's a Mega Dragon Night now and like roaming Mega Pokemon and then that's kind of it. Yeah, I thought we're gonna get more on the Pokemon Za front. We did get more on Pokemon Champions. There's gonna be It's gonna come out next year. Supposedly. They introduced like three different types of battling that that can happen, and the way you get the Pokemon to join your team how that all works. They introduced the uh animated show with Starry and Sir Feteston Peachu that's made by the Walson Gramitt Studio, which looked pretty awesome. And Pokemon Friends, which is free on mobile and ten dollars on the switch to or switch and they also have DLC which costs more than the actual game. So yep, and Nintendo U and you know, and people say that Nintendo is always friendly with with that kind of stuff, they're not, folks. This is essentially brain Age with Pokemon and it works well. It's fun. You know, if you want to spend the ten bucks to play on switch, go ahead. I do. I do think it's like, you know, I've liked brain Age a lot. I played that thing every day when I had it. Uh so I probably will do the same with Pokemon Friends. I like the puzzle aspect of stuff and plus you get plushes.
Speaker 3: I'll only like play that game when when a blank shows up.
Speaker 1: Sure. Also some third party switched to these Assassin's Creed Shadows has got rated for switch to, uh so pretty much that's coming probably at some point. We know Star Wars Outlaws is coming to switch to as well. But they canceled Star Wars Outlaws too pretty early in development for that. You think they should have like waited longer.
Speaker 3: That was a that was the right call, Like I didn't. I mean I played that game, and you know, by the end of it, I don't need to see more of this, like not unless say, like completely redo everything, which they probably weren't gonna do. It's why it's going to be like more adventurous with you know, the girl and the dog and Felion thing or whatever. So I'm good.
Speaker 1: Are you excited for the Assassin Screen Shadows dlc.
Speaker 3: Uh? If Shadows was working correctly on PC, I might be at the moment. Uh So, Like like any game nowadays, it has like weekly quests you can do for like you know, free currency or you know, and last we did it, it didn't actually work, and I'm like, well that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this it's gonna to be released on September sixteenth.
Speaker 3: I think that was like, Yeah, that's like the DLC that everyone's getting for free anyway, because like s gotta have getten delayed, so we're gonna give you one for free. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first expansion clause of a wadgly so yeah, has a new region, boss's gear, all that stuff. It's gonna be around ten hours.
Speaker 3: You know what. You know, what I would actually like is like a continuation of the present day storyline.
Speaker 1: You keep wishing that. Unfortunately, it's like.
Speaker 3: That's not if only it was, like if it wasn't the crutch of the entire Dy Damn franchise.
Speaker 1: Uh, the they are released a new game, plus it'll be like pretty much out as soon as you're watching and listening to this, So does that attempt you to go back?
Speaker 3: And I like that game was already a cake walk, Like I can't imagine going through it again with like all the skills on lock. It's like I could sink my way to that game.
Speaker 1: So enough, Yeah, and then we have to get into some not so well yeah, not so great news. So we thought last week about how Steam due to pressure from payment providers like you know, Visa that's the card all that had taken off a lot of the kind of like n SFW games, the sexually kind of charge games, and now it's dot Io has actually gone a step further and just removed them all, right that they've hidden them from being able to be purchased on the store, Like basically they just don't exist to anybody that's like surfing the store. Uh, you know this a lot of people obviously with understandably crying for censorship on this, especially because it's like the equivalent of like, yeah, you know, mothers against drunk driving or whatever. The ones that are kind of pushing for this kind of thing. They're pushing the pain providers to kind of like go after it and try to get this stuff taken off the stores. Also, you got like it's just the UK, right, not the EU that's doing that age verification thing for various sites that even includes gaming sites where you have to verify your age in order to even access it. So this isn't like just understandably they're trying to prevent them. It's kind of like the one in the United States where they're trying to prevent you from accessing you know, porn and all that stuff. But this also kind of goes into like also preventing them from access and gambling and other things. I guess they're also trying. There are people trying to fight and get the law repealed. We'll see about that. But what do you think about this? You do you think that, like, let's say, is Epic going to be next? Like what do you? Well? Does Epic even have any of that on their store?
Speaker 3: I don't think Epic does, No one cares?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, two funny things. It's like, first of all, the age thing in the UK is kind of funny because like they're lowering their voting age to sixteen, right, Okay, it's enough you can vote at sixteen, you can't watch porn until eighteen. It's like what well that yeah?
Speaker 1: And then I mean other countries around them, you're an adult oft like fifteen, so it's like okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: And like the itsuyo thing is kind of kind of it's almost like a photo bucket thing, like them treating themselves like way in the foot because like the people complaining about this aren't itch anyway, like they I mean practically no one is really, but.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like it's is like very like developer focused, Like that's just like but.
Speaker 3: They're also like incredibly niche and I mean small, like they When Steam should have doing this, it should have been like should have taken the other tack and go, hey, if you want your porn games, come over here, right.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's the thing though, is like it's the same thing. That's like why it happened to Steam is if payment providers are going to make it a problem for you to buy any game on Steam or Itch, then that's going to cut their bottom line. It sucks, Like, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Agree with what a dude who made me a a mana I'm not Suda trait his name. What he said, like this is like censorship, Yeah, because well I talked to you about Yo Katara. But it's yeah, like violent games are next, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like that's what that's the ploy is that where does this extend.
Speaker 3: Or all video games? You know, because there's certain people who think like all of the games like The Devil and you know shit like that.
Speaker 1: So oh no, I mean yeah, there's there's people and especially that you know, you have the data that that like people are just saying a keeper are just wasting their life away, and like, like, yo, I mean, here's the problem with that. It's just like you really can't say that anymore because now you have phones that are doing that even worse. Right, Uh, you know, TikTok is is find people, you know, kids' brains even further than video games ever did h. So you know you could say that that culture already kind of predispose you to that. But yo, man, like the dopamine hit you get from watching a video on TikTok or Instagram or whatever it is, I don't think that even that doesn't that doesn't even compare to a video game because it's like there's so many video games where like it takes a while to get to that loop that's enjoyable, right, whereas like if the videos are not hitting, you just go to the next one. So it's just it doesn't work in the same way. I do. I do think that like that they are trying to get to the point where Okay, well we got the the sex games out of here, let's get the big violent games out of here too, and then oh, but so what makes Doom different than you know, a postal at that point or whatever, and where do you draw the.
Speaker 3: Line, It'll still be funny. Imagine like Visa was like okay, you can't buy GTA six.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, oh god, the pitchforks that will be out for that would just be I think that would probably cause the government to have to step in and be like we're gonna have to get some kind of regulation here now if GTA six got blocked. So if you want to you want to see things go the other way.
Speaker 3: That's like rock Star should do is go like whoever, whatever payment like Visa or Magical Car or whatever, Like if you're blocking sex games, you can't buy our game until that is restored. Yeah, and then instantly it will get restored.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. It's like, oh wait, in a totally change of direction, they put those all back on the store again.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Speaking of things that somewhat surprise you, After all the stuff with the Subnotica two devs last week and the week before that, Crafton is here buying another studio. This time they're acquiring the last Epoch studio Eleventh Hour Games they're owning of the studio. It's kind of one of those things like like Okay, I'm happy for you to get your money. But does it mean you guys are also going to run into the same problem.
Speaker 3: That the well I think, take the money, take the money and run, you know, like yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it does give them an ARPG which they don't have, so it's smart from that side of things. You know, last epoch was is very well liked for.
Speaker 3: The most part, so it was. But didn't it really fall off? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did, especially after last Yeah, last Sex out to Yeah came out, so yeah that that probably kind of ate its lunch there and they they card him for a cool ninety six million. Yeah, of course that's that's nothing for crafting. I'm sure, right, but uh yeah, it's just like I really hope we don't we don't hear bad news quickly after this, Like don't I don't want to hear about somebody getting laid off because you had to acquire them and then start removing some of the pieces that you don't need because now they're just gonna kind of go in support for the game and all that, right, Uh, can have gone Indie tech Land, which you know there they do the Dying Light series. They have that The Beast, which they spun off from being a DLC for Dying Light too. That's been delayed a few times. It is going to be delayed almost a month to September nineteenth. Now they want to get some extra polishing work on it and all that stuff. Totally cool with that. Just the parlm is that now you're coming into like the fall season and you have lost a chance of people playing your game.
Speaker 3: But it's also a zombie game, so I mean people like horror games, especially around like October.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully it'll pick up you know, some steam there for that.
Speaker 3: But hey, it ain't like that. We talked about stated K three's come out anytime.
Speaker 1: Soon, so yeah, it's not. So it turns out Mark that Fall Fantasy Tactics is actually a remake, the remaster because they had to make the whole game again because they overwrote the original source code, which that's not new for them. They did that with Fun Fantasy eight, right, Yeah, they did the remaster for that too, so.
Speaker 3: Uh like yeah, like they didn't well I mean, how did they go out of companies out about it at the time. And it's hard drive here that has Tactics on it. But the game's out gold pressing or whatever. So let's let's format this and put in Final Fantasy nine or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I think with like the Kingdom Hearts collection, they had to do the same thing. They had to get like a retail copy of Kingdom Hearts one and like take assets out of it to be able to make that again for like the remasters.
Speaker 3: Right though, which you think that Like it's kind of a weird, weird question because like you'd think, would it be cheaper for them instead of doing this to hire some like PlayStation hackers out there or whatever, and it's a reverse engineer the game, right, Like, maybe it wouldn't be, But I mean I would think it might be cheaper though, like you know, hire modern Vintage game or whatever, or you know, a team of him and other like minded folks to this crack the game open and get it out. But I don't think it's like the assets or like you know, the actual game is in that type of state for that. But who knows, right, I mean I had never played Tactics. I know, I imagine you played it and love it, and yes it's very well regarded, but something that passed me by completely too. I played like the demo once and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait for that remaster. It's gonna be gonna play the craft out of that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my buddy mine, I ordered the special edition, you know, the two and fifty dollars thing.
Speaker 1: I wish I had that to just be able to spend on it. I definitely I would. I think about it, just because I love that game that much.
Speaker 3: But speak speaking of that, a local not local, it's been an hour away, but a used game store has a mostly complete in box copy of earth Bound. Oh nice, it's missing one of the scratch and stiff snicker stickers or not stickers, but like cards and the construction manual. Yeah, that's how much five? It's good. That's a good joke. That's not funded up be getting it? Uh two grand gee? Wow? To be fair, I mean I think it is complete except for like that one card, and it is a very nice commissioned box. But yeah, yeah, that's I found it. I think the driving there tomorrow, like I let's do this right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting, like I love seeing this kind of thing of like how they do this. It'd be cool as screenings came out with like a making of uh this kind of thing that the way they did for like rebirth and uh, you know sandfal did with Claire Obscure, they came out with some cool like featurettes to be cool if they did that for Tactics here, just to see like what they had to go through to do this. But yeah, I mean that kind of makes sense now.
Speaker 3: Why like.
Speaker 1: They didn't get to like re remake it right, like they don't want they had to spend so much time making the origin in a version of the game again.
Speaker 3: That yeah, you know, I have to keep it within like the old realm. It's not like it's not like the Final Fantasy seven to remake that people were like maybe not expecting and hoping for. It's like that's not going to happen with this at all.
Speaker 1: Like I hope that they eventually get to, you know, bring the Game Boy Advanced games.
Speaker 3: To others as one. Also, well that's just the.
Speaker 1: War of the Lions, Like, uh, it's like a remastered, better version of the original, which I add some of that stuff, right, but it's going to be added like later. I think it's not not all in.
Speaker 3: I mean, the one thing I know about Tactics is like there's a very arcane way to get like Cloud in the game yes, there is, and that's what they should do for like fifty more time, to just start selling DLC characters.
Speaker 1: I would not put it past them at all. I will not put it past them that they will somehow find a way to like start adding characters to this and like make it like another what is that game that they the fighting game or whatever?
Speaker 3: The not there.
Speaker 1: Guyskaya the City, Yeah, where they just added characters all the time.
Speaker 3: Now, my joke was like, you're gonna like buy Laharal from this guya you know, yeah, unlike the pretty you know.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, just do all that. Uh they's speaking of, you know, doing combos that fill Fantasy crossed the Magic the Gathering set. It is the highest selling set ever or Magic even more than the Lord of the Rings one by a heck of a lot. Obviously. What sucks is that now you want to buy that second hand, you're gonna be paying a thousand dollars, you know, like card shows for that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: What sucks for me because I thought about it, I was like, you know, what what am I gonna do with this? I'm this, Yeah, you don't play magic, you know, I don't play magic. What am I going to just to have it.
Speaker 3: You know. That's the thing. All these people are fucking buying this thing, and so you don't play Magic. Yeah, but I mean, if if you just want to a cool collectible, buy a cool collectible, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but it is a cool collectible, you're not going to be able to have. They're not gonna make infect.
Speaker 3: Buy more like bespoke collectible. Then you know, buy something more unique, like.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna not You're not gonna buy the Assassin's Screen what.
Speaker 3: They already did it. I mean, that's what I hate about Magic at this point. It's basically like the funkal pop of collectible card games have Ghostbusters and Mommy Python.
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 3: Yeah they're gonna do spider Man. Yeah, so it's like, yeah, Magic is dead.
Speaker 1: Like m hm, well, I mean I don't know. It's like they have that digital version of it now where you can like learn how to play and then.
Speaker 3: You the problem. The problem with Magic at least, like aside from like all this don't like guest guest franchise nonsense, is like like I've looked at a lot of the fun of fantasy cards. They're all like very ah rule set dependent or like not character but like to like actually do well against the fun of fancy deck. You need a on a fancy deck because the cards are like massively overpowered. It's like, yeah, no, Like I think I looked at like the ject card from Final Fantasy ten and like it was kind of like a low power. It was like I think like a three to two creature, which is kind of weak. But I was like, oh, if you do damage against another creature, you gain control of it. Like, Okay, that's cool, I guess. You know, like imagine if you're trying to like face off against that, like it's like very hard. Yeah. So, yeah, like they're creating like their own little like pocket universes or you know, like kingdoms for these rule sets because like, yeah, you can't like if you're just like playing magic normally, you have like no way to defend against it. I'll ast you like specifically build a deck that way, which is expensive and time consuming. But yeah, like this selling to a million dollars no ship. Yeah so and it's like, I bet Square is really kicking themselves in the ass now for not making trying to make sure he'll try out a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, they have that voice of the cards thing that they tried to make right a thing for a while, and.
Speaker 3: Then I have like a weird like this is like retro, not well not retro. I bought it like at the time it was new, but like I have a a weird find my Fantasy eight deck like themed deck of cards. Really yeah, it's like all just like shots from the game, Like some are like FMV, some are as a character like portraits and shit like that. But that's more interesting to me than like Magic the Gathering at this point too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get through his last couple of not great news stories. One of them is split Gate two is essentially the unlaunching, and ten seven Games is having to lay off people.
Speaker 3: I guess they didn't make SPS great NFL.
Speaker 1: No, it definitely did not that that stunt that he did at the what was it, Yeah, SCF wasn't. It didn't really have that much h They also like took down the first Splitgate because they had like twenty people withink playing that thing, and they were just it was just costing them money.
Speaker 3: There's other people who are taking about anthem crying about this thing now. Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: He said that they apparently they launched too early. We had ambitious goals with split Gate two. We bet on whether we could chew. We rushed certain features, made some head of mistakes, and we didn't give you the polish portal field mayhem you fell in love with. The game is going back in the bait and the team is going heads down until twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say that this is a lost cause because there are certainly games Fantasy fourteen being the obvious.
Speaker 1: Example that, right, and people like this game.
Speaker 3: You know, bad launches and they go back to the drawing board, but it's so rare that yeah, it almost never happens. Well, I wish him luck.
Speaker 1: And there's definitely people that are not going to come back right sure after that. So and then you know, at least they gave him severance and job placement support and all that stuff. But it still sucks. Yeah, to see this same thing Supermassive delayed direct of eighty twenty with just kind of like narrative focused like space game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the next and the uh.
Speaker 1: What about that anthology?
Speaker 3: Yeah it's not Dark Dark Pictures, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dark Practice. Yeah, the Dark Pictures. It's now going to launch it the first half of twenty twenty six and they had to layoff around thirty six employees as well, which that sucks. Yeah, there's promising to support them, but just they they did say that there's no impact on the little Nightmares three team, which that's good, but still just that sucks right to see. Yeah, just rather ENFORCNATE. Hopefully everybody can find jobs quickly and all that jazz. So I'm gonna go ahead and do the like games that are launching this week and then we can kind of get into some you know, movie talk here to end the show. So this is you know, that last month in July, and we're gonna get into August now, which is man, this year has just flown by. I feel like it just constantly. It feels like we're heading into a new month all the time. It felt like it took forever to get to the We were all waiting for that April second thing for switch to and then after that it's like just boom. The rest of the year just happened. We're almost getting into the fall season where everybody's gonna try to jam their game into releasing a two month period and everybody's gonna try to see if they can what they can play and whatnot. But there is some interesting things coming out. You Got Fumes, which is like an indie version of what Twisted Metal. Yeah, also Twisted Metal, the second season of the TV show comes out this week as well. You Got.
Speaker 3: I may watch that. We'll see too.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to watch it as well. Uh Na Donna, which is this kind of like cool indie like first person like dream simulator game on the twenty eighth. Also Grounded two comes out or will be out by the time you're watching listening to this. Yeah, I wish that hope that game keeps doing well. The first one did way better than I think anyone expected over there at Citian Model Mantergatari Fia in the Wonder of Kingdom that's also on the twenty ninth. That's hat on everything that tells of the Shire, the Little the Rings like yeah, is out, also on Everything essentially Dead Take, which is like the another one of those games is kind of like, oh, I can't think of it right now. Uh that my god, the one with the Lady that they had like all those actors in it, Oh my god. Immortality like immortality. Oh yeah, it's kind of like that, like the found footage thing that has Ben Starr in it. Other yeah, it has some of the cool actors in it as well, so definitely worth checking out for sure. Dear me, I was another one of those like visual novel games that comes out. It's gonna be on switch to. I'm sure we'll kind of like do decently. Yeah, and then we're kind of going into a ninja gotten rage Bound, which I'm excited about. That's only a few days away, so that's right, that's the two D one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that looks all sorts of awesome, so I'm ready to. Uh, let's see how much further I can get into Donkey Kong and then we'll definitely take some time to play that for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, then we'll be in another month of gaming here, with some heavy hitters hitting this next month too. So but all right, what did you.
Speaker 3: Think?
Speaker 1: No spoilers, what do you think? You're fantastic for the first steps?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's like a simpler movie than like Superman, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, because man is a little you know, bloated, I guess, uh, it was really funny. Also, uh, all you cared about the soundtrack of course, but like he didn't like the like the concept of Galactus or like what his goal was or motivation was. I'm like, I want you to eat the planet, like what you know, like you wanted like the backstory for Galactus and I'm like what, like I literally tell you he's like from before the universe or you know, so uh but yeah, good cast uh Like the only weird thing to me kind of, I mean like they didn't show a ton of like read Richard's powers. It's like at the very end, yeah, and but everything everyone else is you know good you know, and then it's by the probably to stand out uh uh. And they it almost feels like some of the movie. I mean it did get kind of chopped up because I know, like John Mackfitch is supposed being able to cut him out.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They introduced like like a love interest for you know the thing, only yeah, it goes nowhere. It's like really weird, Like they introduce her and then there's like a scene near the end where like he goes to see her before Galacta shows up, and that's kind of it. Like yeah, it's like where does the conclude, Like should they read more of a conclusion here. Uh yeah, you know, I look, the art style or not, like, you know, the art direction was cool. You know, the world they inhabit is you know interesting. So yeah, I know I solid overall like not the best movie ever, but you know, Marvel's done worse, especially that that two years. So it's a it's a good uh foundation kind of for what the next Marvel movie, you know, Doom's Day, what the hell it's gonna be called? And how they kind of more converge all the universes together, which is like that's I think what Kevin five Y has been saying, like, you know, that'sn't gonna merge more of this stuff together. So we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited to see that on Tuesday. Yeah, we can talk about it more next week.
Speaker 3: Oh the one. This ain't a spoiler, but I mean it does have a few like a mid mid credit sequence and then like an after credit sequence.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The last song they played for the credit sequence, uh might legitimately be one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 1: And you got to sit there, ah yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's like so it's not like some pop song it's not like some mate, it's not like some song that has got you know, the guy who made the soundtrack, he's usually pretty good about this stuff, and Jen's loves him, and he wrote this thing, I think some woman ah and it's like this like weird sixties folk song. Yeah that sounds like you know, fake Joan Biez. And it is terrible. And I was ranking about it to YenS like the attracts of the movie, but before he did, and he was like, so is it is it in the movie? Like he was like, is there like a reason for the song existing or is it you know, is there any you know, any you know, justification for the song. No, it's just in there and it's terrible. So you've got to look forward to tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure about it as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah we all know, we all know people go see movies for the soundtrack, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Yeah. I I thought Happy Gilmore Too was actually pretty decent, to be honest. Look, they they they got a lot of the same hooks as the first one. Obviously, some of this stuff is not as a punchy, but you know, they do some great callbacks and some fun stuff. And I love the fact that they play off the whole live golf and PGA tour thing as sort of like the central theme. Aside from like, I love the fact that like Adam Sandler is kind of grown up also in this, Like it's not him trying to be the same guy from the first movie, right, he's definitely like matured, and his motivations for why he is doing this is like pretty cool. And he's also casting his two daughters and it's his actual wife and the thing too, so that's pretty neat. Like yeah, uh there's there's a lot of cameos obviously from you know, his posse and then some other ones as well, so uh yeah, man, I liked it a lot more than I thought, Like there's a lot of these like there they they have been doing the Like I wonder if the airplane redo is gonna be anything good or not, But like this is one of those times where what is it I can't remember his name, but the guy that does shoot him, Christop McDonald Christopher McDonald's and trying for like twenty five years or something to get him to do happy to hear more too, right, And I think this is a success. Really. I don't know if they're hopefully they don't try to Shoehan shoehorn a third one or whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh they will, but you know, by then Sam will be like seventy five or something.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but yeah, I thought that they did a heck of a much better job or yeah, than I ever expected for that movie to be. So I definitely give it a watch if you got Netflix.
Speaker 3: I was MJF.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's in there, and he's he's funny, he has his moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the name of the thing, but A twenty four had a movie about like literally it's something about like the death of Oh it's called the Death of a Unicorn. Oh yeah, with a Naya two movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that came out and really really bonded unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was not bad, It's all right, Yeah, definitely is crazy. It's like a horror movie with the unicorns or whatever, you know, and I and I being a horror movie folks. So it's kind of like, all right, this is not what I expected, but sure, whatever you know. But yeah, that's that's all my entertainment stuff for this week that isn't like the normal kind of things. Is things that I watch. Uh yeah, that have to be like, I don't know if girlfriend's gonna like that or not, but it might be something I watched, like, you know, on a break at work or something like that. Slowly but surely, but all right. Uh, we'll be back next week. Thank you everybody that watched live listen watch later. We do appreciate you. Thank you so much, and you know, give us a like review, subscribe all that that helps us out a lot, and we'll see here next week. Were every