Speaker 1: I'll go come out, come out now.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee rye running o, Kaddy, wakey, wakey, hands off snake a Rod Ryan joke checking in on this Free Beer Friday. All of our beer winners get VIP passes to the Asian Versus Cajun Crawfish cook Off going down tomorrow at Fort ben Fairgrounds. You can still get tickets to that event too. I'm busy, Hello, Jerry, going for win number three so you can beat up some more kids on the air, John mulaney. Tickets go on sale today at ten. We thought we'd give Homer of a good shot at those tickets this morning. He'll be there November eight, Smart Financial Center at Sugar so Winter before they go on sale. On the fun Fact Flashback one hundred dollars c Seas Pizza gift card coming your way at seven twenty three eleven, our last chance to win tickets and meet the band, and then that person will be the last person in the hopper to qualify to upgrade to the box seats for their show at the seven one three Yearsic Hall. Alternative Income Beer Open Phones Friday, all the nine o'clock hour. They'll leave you with those struts, dirty hunting tickets. Twenty percent chance of rain today, probably cloudy, high eighty five. All right, Alex, We're gonna do this.
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: What's Houston's headlines? Well, good morning, Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: Around one hundred or one thousand mourner one hundred thousand morners excuse me have crowded Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican City since Wednesday, and the sheer number of people wanting to pay their respects causing the church to keep Saint Peter's open twenty three hours, closing for only an hour yesterday morning. The funeral mass is scheduled for tomorrow at ten am local time in Saint Peter's Square, to be presided over by Cardinal Giovanni Batista Ray. As of yesterday, thirty four in delegations had confirmed that they will be present at tomorrow's funeral, including around fifty heads of state. Following the service of Pope Francis, he will be interred at the Basilica of Saint Mary.
Speaker 2: Major in Rome.
Speaker 4: Authorities say that the massive New Jersey wildfire that's consumed fifteen thousand acres so far and is still just fifty percent contained. Was deliberately set by a man that they've arrested. Nineteen year old Joseph Kling has been charged with arson and aggravated arson in the Jones Road wildfire that was first spotted Tuesday morning in the pine barrens. Ocean County Prosecutor Brad Billmer says while he's not prepared to discuss a motive, he's confident that the fire was set intentionally. He says that Kling started a biden fire using wooden palettes and left the woods while it was still burning. He says it ignited a wildfire that is now on track to become the biggest in New Jersey in two decades. Cling is being held in the Ocean City County Jail and is due in court on Tuesday for a detention hearing. Going on a vacation can make just about everyone feel better, and according to new research, it can make us feel more romantic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: A survey of married Americans found that sixty five percent of people are more romantic while traveling, and eighty two percent say that a trip with their partner can reignite a spark when they have. People surveyed said that they feel more connected to their spouse while on vacation, and sixty percent say that they usually come home feeling even more in love.
Speaker 2: It's one of the big three. Dude, like you've been married along if you've been married a long time.
Speaker 5: Not you.
Speaker 2: When you've been married a long time. You know, it's one of the guaranteed sex sessions of the year. First night of vacation. Yeah, Valentine's Day, your birthday. Maybe she tosses you one and that's it. Any How, you stayed out.
Speaker 4: Shannon Sharp is electing to step aside temporarily from his role at ESPN. He made the announcement yesterday, saying, at this juncture, I am electing to step aside from my duties and will be devoting my time to my family and responding and dealing with these false and dis up to allegations set against me. Sharp is being accused ensued by a woman who says that he raped her twice in two months in her Las Vegas home last year. Sharp and his attorneys say that the relationship was consensual. He does say he plans to return for the NFL preseason.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: ESPN is owned by Disney. They probably said, hey, bro, why don't you, Why don't you Let's let's let this heat right, Let's let this cool off a little bit, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Green Day is getting a.
Speaker 4: Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in twenty twenty five, honoring their significant contributions to the music industry. The band owins a diverse group of honorees from various entertainment fields. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced the twenty twenty five class, which includes Jane Fonda, Prince Colin Farrell, Jessica Chastain, Keith Urban, and David Beckham.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty That is a really diverse group.
Speaker 4: Each honore is going to have an individual ceremony to dedicate their star on the Hollywood Boulevard, with exact dates still to be an aunced recipients head up to two years to schedule their ceremony in day are typically revealed to the public ten days in advance.
Speaker 2: Those are Useles headlines. Alright, quickly, sports, The first round of the NFL Draft was last night.
Speaker 4: And if he stayed up late and you're a Texas fan, I'm sorry, because they had the twenty fifth overall pick and they traded to the Giants for the second pick in the second round, a third round pick this year, and then a sixth round pick next year. Second and third round picks of the draft go on tonight. The Texas now have two picks in each of those rounds, so second round starts at six. You can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network. In baseball, the Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Royals. Hayden Wiznski is gonna be on the mount for this DRO's going up against Kansas City Seth Lugo. First pitches at six forty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: In basketball, Yeah, the Rockets, they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Play Game three, or their first round series against the Warriors tomorrow night in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Series is tied up at a game of piece.
Speaker 4: Tip off is gonna be at seven thirty and you can hear it on our sister station, News Radio seven forty KTIH.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. Let's go four hours of pain. Free beer Friday.
Speaker 6: You know what to do?
Speaker 2: Roll that free free Beer Friday song? Please bam Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got free BAM Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday and Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, free Bam Friday. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, Hey, what's that up?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Darren?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Darren.
Speaker 2: Would you like the first case of beer today? Heck ca? Okay, where are you from? Darren? Pray? Thank you. Here's what I got for you. I'm gonna give you the case of beer. And I'm also gonna give you some passes to the Asian Versus Cajun Crawfish Cookoff, which is going down Saturday.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: This is in Fort ben Fairgrounds. I know it's a ways from you, dude. These are VIP passes. They're about one hundred and twenty five bucks apiece. So you're getting, man, I mean you're going to be taking care of You're skipping all the lines, drinks, all that stuff. Dude. I'm telling you use these things. These guys will take care of you tomorrow. Okay, Darren, Yeah, yeah, man, sounds good. All right, brother, Darren, have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: Hope you have a great time out there.
Speaker 9: Ye're fair, y'all too appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, enjoy your beers. You got a little craftish thing going on a little closer to town. Yeah, you and Chili are gonna be hosting. You're working with my man Gunn or with the Creek Group. Which location we're gonna get Cactus Cove tomorrow. Yeah, it starts at.
Speaker 4: Noon, goes until about five. We're gonna be resenting the awards. Chili and myself nice. You know, it's a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's a real big deal at Cactus Coach Houston dot com. If you want to go get all the info. It's gonna be a lot of fun. You see that everywhere. I see it on our Facebook page, I see it on Instagram. You guys are gonna have a good crowd out there. They don't ever let me and Chili do events together. And finally getting to hang so it's gonna be a real party. The weather looks like it's gonna be good for you guys, so you know, they got tents all over the place. Captus Cub they'll make sure everything's good to go. Gunner never throws a party that does not deliver it we've been dealing with pesky rain Saturday. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty four. That sounds like crawfish eating yeah weather to me, fish weather for sure. So there's crawfish kind of all over the place. We'll be talking about all this stuff today on the show. We got great opportunities for you. We've got the fresh out of bed head to head coming up in just the moment, man, stay with us, strap yourselves in and get yourself ready for open phones Friday. Man, I remember specifically you guys killing it last week. I loved every single phone call that came in. So you guys will get a ton of time to talk on that fourth hour of the show today before we turn you loose on the weekend. But if you're looking for that opportunity to meet three eleven and go to the show and possibly be upgraded to box seats, Chili, I'm surprised a lot of times he'll make you wait the whole show for this. He put that in at eight twenty today, So just make a note of that, and guys, we're gonna be We're gonna be very very busy today, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being up early.
Speaker 10: With us Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Free Beer Friday. Another case and some more VIP passes to the Asian Versus Cage and Crawfish cookoff at Four Ben Fairgrounds going down tomorrow. VIP passes with every case. Twenty percent chance of rain today partly cloudy eighty five, ten percent chance of rain tomorrow. Be beautiful for eating crawfish, whether you're heading to Four Bend or you're gonna be hanging with the Twins with the Yeah, they got a crawfish party as well, So a lot of crawfish in this weekend. Twenty percent chance of rain on Sunday, mostly cloudy, high of eighty four. All right, I see everything NFL Draft is during the NFL Draft is what people are talking about. Can I ask you, is it a surprise that Dion Sanders' soun Shador did not go in the first round? And I guess follow up question to that, was there a chance that the Giants were looking at him? Ever, there was a chance a Giants were definitely. Did you want the Giants to take him.
Speaker 4: I wanted them not to take a quarterback at number three. They got the best edgresser in the draft. He's going to murder quarterbacks for years to come.
Speaker 2: Okay. I was like, if we get a quarterback, okay, we already have two. We have two veterans on the roster, so like they're not going to play this year. I didn't hate Shador, I did. I didn't think he wasn't gonna go. I thought he was definitely going last night. But he also too he had just like look at a rave room that.
Speaker 4: He built to like sit and watch the draft in, and it was just the ESPN just kept doing the thing where like you're the quarterback that's falling, and they kept being like, look, you're Chador with all of his his chains and his bling that he bought, kept saying legacy and legendary over and over again, and he just didn't get taken. The Giants traded to the Texans spot and took a different quarterback at that spot, so he was not even now the he's gonna be the third quarterback if he's taken third, Tyler's shot could be taken before him.
Speaker 2: I stayed up for the Steelers pick because I wanted to see if they took him.
Speaker 4: I fell asleep after the Giants drafted third. I didn't even see that we traded up until this morning.
Speaker 2: When I woke up. I thought the Steelers were going to take them, and they didn't, so all right, So all right, that's what I felt. Draft is being talked about.
Speaker 4: Really sucks if you were a Texans fan that flew all the way to Green Bay to go to the draft, but at least you have four picks.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Pope Francis is trending.
Speaker 4: People are still paying their respects as he lays in the state and the funeral is going to be tomorrow around nine am hour time.
Speaker 2: You can stream it live on YouTube. Yeah, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 4: And then Elijah Arenas is trending, the son of former NBA star Gilbert Arenas, and he's a usc basketball refeat.
Speaker 2: He's in a coma after a car crashes. Were probably talking about that, but that's was trending on ninety five The Buzz.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody. Hello, Jerry, I am your fresh out of bed head to head two days champion. I'll leave it at the I did what I did, and I do it again. Join me here on Free Beer Friday when I make it win number three.
Speaker 2: It's a good line. I did what I did, and I do it again. All right, if you want to take on, Hello Jerry seven one three, two, one two five nine four five, it's stained ninety four to five to the buzz ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning, brod Ryan's show, Free Beer Friday, Homeroom, Love you guys, Thank you so much for being up early with us. We're gonna give you those John Blaney tickets coming up in just a little bit. They go on sale today at ten o'clock. He's playing the UH performing at the Smart Financial Center at Sugar Lamp. John Blaney, November eighth, Fun Fact flashback. You guys are getting those tickets first. Ooh, we got some good tickets for this game.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: Let's go, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners. Hello Jerry, Hello Jerry, Good morning everyone them today. Not as good as Morgan, I mean, not as bad as Morgan. Poor Morgan, poor little Morgan. Dude. What is wrong with through that brain of yours? Just snap back.
Speaker 11: You take it on.
Speaker 2: Nick? Hello, Nick, Hello, Well so I've got this here Aci. Are you a fresh fish? I am a fresh fish. Okay. Are you in ninth grade?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 2: Well past night, well past ninth here? Okay, Well then you know, maybe you got a shot here Jerry. Jerry is undefeated against ninth graders. Nick, welcome to the game. First time playing. All you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win. Alice Cooper Judas Priest Tickets October twenty sixth, Woodlands Pavilion. Pretty good ticket if you are. It's a pretty good ticket if you're really far removed from ninth grade.
Speaker 12: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Nick, all right, good luck? All right, here we go, Nick, his first time playing. Bro Get in there. He's a Jerry's a three time Hall of Famer. You're gonna have to shout out your name. Get in there quick. All right, here we go. What nineteen eighty five movie, Jerry? Really, out of all the movies that came out in eighty five, which one.
Speaker 11: Back to the Future?
Speaker 2: Yes, correct answer?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 2: These are from Into the Studios? Is it from Jill and Brian. Do you know Jill and Brian? Are they your neighbors?
Speaker 13: Jerry?
Speaker 11: Yeah, they sent me those questions last night.
Speaker 2: What nineteen eighty five movie feature a time traveling delore empowered by a flex capacitor? How did you did you just know that was a nineteen eighty five movie? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: How did you get that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was just basically it.
Speaker 9: I your in eighty five.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know that a bunch of movies came out in eighty five, right right? Okay, I can't name another one. Here's your second favorite nineteen eighty five movie? Jay, Yeah, what's the second best nineteen eighty five movie?
Speaker 6: Let me see?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You got nice candles? Jesus. Maybe here we go. Next question, Jerry, I'm sorry, Nick, I didn't know. I didn't know he was Rainman on movies in years. I'll try to stay away from that. Moving forward, Nick, shout out your name, Nick when you think you know the answer. Nineteen eighty four, by the way, so that would have been in okay, sixteen candles eighty four.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 12: I was close.
Speaker 2: Which sport? Can you score a strike or a spare y?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jerry sounded like we had a Gary playing for a minute, But Jerry, Jerry, that'll be Bowling's correct answer. Nick, I don't even know why you'd sign up for this. Why would you even at least who wasn't a kid that was just I mean, yeah, can you imagine if that happened to you when you were in ninth grade? All right, Nick, I hope this hasn't ruined you on like future ventures with The rod Ryan Show. There's other things that are easier around here, okay, like sometimes I take collor ten. You know, there's other things to win, there's other games to play, and there's other people to play against. So I'm not even trying to rule out for maybe playing this game again, right all right, maybe like Nick and Morgan would be a good matchup. Yeah, you know, all right, Nick, Nick, have a great weekend, all right? I think all right, Jerry, you want to play on Monday? All right? I thought so. The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. I'm forty one into Deep Rob Ryan Show on this three Beer Friday. Ooh, John Balaney tickets coming up on the Fun Fact Flashback. I'll have some new fun facts for you. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, because we got to hear from Jerry the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning, this is three time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: Hello Jerry.
Speaker 11: Now you're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. See, I can beat people that aren't night grade, and I can also take out some fresh fish enjoining me on Monday.
Speaker 2: When I make a win number four, it is all right. You can just let that guy go in the Hall of Fame, don't you guys are doing it? Seems like it.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the best run that Jerry's ever gone on. Yeah, without like he hasn't gotten in yet, I get it, but like absolutely.
Speaker 2: Smoked everybody so far. Yeah, I mean, there's just a truck the nineteen eighty five day when he gets into the hall. He's my favorite. He's my favorite to winning because how that hell? Didn't you know that? That was pretty insane? Do you want to know some other nineteen eighty five movies? Go Fast sure, teen Wolf, Yep, Oh my gosh, think about that. Michael J. Fox on a year on top of the World, Clue, the movie National lampoons, European vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was great, Brewsters millions, and then that's pretty much all the ones that I've I remember.
Speaker 2: Okayful about jeez, Yeah that was that was pretty sick. Yeah, because that much an answer. That was crazy. It's the fuck that to the day. All right, let's go. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. Here's what I'll tell you about today's fun facts. When you tell your buddies, you don't even have to give me credit. Oh may could sound like they came from you. All right, Hell, I know you give me credit. Like, hey, you know Rod told me this this morning, and I want to share this. You're off the hook, But I pretty think that you're the genius. Now, okay, good, here we go. Thank you. Cats. I'm talking about cats on this show.
Speaker 12: Cats.
Speaker 2: I love all the cats. I love all the cats. I wish I could take a ball home. Cats can actually survive drinking ocean water. Yeah, they're cat kidneys can filter out the salt cat and use the water for hydration. Our kidneys cannot do that. Yeah, we need cat kidneys. Here of the atoms that are currently making up your body are different than the atoms that made you up last year. That is fun. Who so technically you're almost an entirely different person now than you were a year ago. I changed. If you're just looking at your I was like, God, you know some different about you changed? Look that I haven't seen you in percent of my atoms are different. No wonder you don't want a new league. No wonder we can't relate to each other. Different about you today. There are over twenty thousand known B species in the world species species B species. Four thousand of them are not native to the United States. But honeybees are not one of them. That's neat They weren't here before being imported from Europe in the seventeenth century. Ooh, so e'rerope, just fly over. Thanks for the bees.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. John Mulaney tickets on sale today ten am Ticketmaster. He's performing November eighth, Smart Financial Center at sugar Land. Of course we have tickets before they go on sale this Oh also Kanya bonus fun facts. Sure, remember we were talking about like those movie dates. It is Aighteril twenty fifth, which is is it miscongeniality? It is a perfect day was April twenty fifth, because it's not too hot and it's not too cold, and all you need is light jacket. Describe your perfect date. And that's what that's what she gave. She gave an actual date. That's a fun fact. It's that's funny. It's my birthday. These it's not your birthday, my perfect day. Oh okay. These people are so polite that in one of the areas there's a law saying that sorry is not an admission of guilt. Sorry. These people are so polite. They say sorry so often sorry that they had to put in a law saying that that's not an admission of guilt. When you say sorry. Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five, it's now time for rock out with your stockown out with captain cash. All right, there's the money man, what you got, baldie. I am not sorry about this.
Speaker 7: The Dow was up four hundred and eighty six witch yesterday, up for a third day in a row. Kick off this morning a forty thousand and ninety three Nasdaq four hundred and fifty seven to seventeen thousand and one to sixty six bench marketing. Your treasury is trading at a four point three percent and oil stands at sixty two dollars forty eight cents a barrel to the must actives, the Big Studs, Salesforce, Navidia and Caterpillar, the Big Dave's, IBM, Parkner and Gamble, and Coca Cola. On the economic calendar this morning, we get numbers on consumer sentiment for April right now, futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby here on that said, I'm mat here. This is Hallan Beni's director with the Raymon James, reporter for the Rod Ran Show. From Raymond James on sand Felip and I got said, don't forget toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 10: Famian's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisions. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end because program is an educational and informational services on the stones, it's based on movement.
Speaker 8: As reported by.
Speaker 2: Young Finance ninety four or five, The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, Come on, come on, all right, good morning rod Ryan's Show. Who we got here? Quinn? Hi, Clint, welcome to the show. Who are And I'm gonna get in trouble for saying, who are these people that are so polite that they had to put on the rule the law books that sorry, is not an admission of guilt, just to protect them.
Speaker 9: That would be Canadians.
Speaker 2: Egg those Canadians.
Speaker 14: So polite, dude, you just won the fun fact flashback scoring your touring you John Mulaney Tickets November eight, Smart Financial Center at Shoo.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everyone else is going to have to buy him today at ten am. Not you, daddy, Oh we got you, lock and load. All right, Clint, all right, thank you, thank you for being in homeroom man, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 3: Ah you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you. My favorite band, my favorite song ninety four or five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Boo Fighters and ever long Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Free Beer Friday, got VIP passes to the Asian Versus Cajun Crawfish Cookoff. Now these VIP passes are badass. I think there are about one hundred and twenty five bucks apiece. You're in a separate area, you're eating all the crawfish, you're getting the drinks, and all the no more, no lines, no nothing that's going down Saturday at the Fort ben Fairgrounds. So a pair of VIP passes and beer straight up at seven, eight and nine. I see nothing over the week, the week, the whole weekend. I see nothing over a twenty percent chance of ring partly Clombia skuys high of eighty five today, ten percent chance for Saturday, and then back up to the twenty for Sunday. So that's a pretty good looking weekend. Alex has Houston's headlines, what you got, Well, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Around one hundred thousand mourners have crowded Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican City since Wednesday. With the sheer number of people wanting to pay their respects to Pope Francis, they caused the church to keep Saint Peter's open twenty three hours, closing for only an hour yesterday morning. The funeral mass is scheduled for tomorrow at ten am local time in Saint Peter's Square, to be presided over by Cardinal Giovanni Battista Ray. As of yesterday, one hundred and thirty foreign delegations had confirmed that they're going to be present at tomorrow's funeral, including around fifty heads of state. Following the service, Pope Francis is going to be interred at the Basilica of Saint Mary Major in Rome. Tomorrow is National Prescription Drug take Back Day, so empty out your medicine cabinets. Take Back Day is when the DEA sponsors sites across the country for the disposal of unused prescription drugs. The goal is to keep them from being flushed and contaminating the water supply.
Speaker 2: We're ending up in the wrong hands.
Speaker 4: Expired meds can lose their efficacy and people can get confused about what they're supposed to take if med if old meds are in the cabinet. Collection sets are going to be open between ten am and two pm. More information is available online at DEA dot gov slash take Back Day. Nearly two thirds of Americans are more stressed about running out of money than they are death, according to a new study. The research from Alliance Group finds that sixty percent of people are admitting that they have not made as much or they're not saving as much for retirement as they'd like.
Speaker 2: We talked about this already this week on the show. Yeah, it's if you don't have enough money to start saving then, yeah, you have to pay bills first. Then you have to say but then you have to also live in between that. Yeah, that's the hardest part. People are in that chase your tail situation where you're just trying to scrape by. A lot of people live in paycheck to paycheck and they're asking, well, where do you want me to save? Yeah? Where when can I save?
Speaker 12: All?
Speaker 2: Right, packed my lunch? Should I make coffee at home? What else can I do?
Speaker 4: The biggest thing adding to the fear of running out of money is high inflation, social Security not giving as much financial support as they need, and high taxes. Generation X was the generation that was most concerned about it, followed by Millennials and then boomers. Comitia Cabello may have just joined the mockery of Katy Perry for her ride into space.
Speaker 2: Either that or she's just having a little fun.
Speaker 4: Last week, Katie used her time in Space to promote her upcoming tour, and Cabello posted a TikTok yesterday holding a similar piece of paper because Katie held her tour dates while she was in space.
Speaker 2: That was oh, she held up her list. Yeah, so Camilla did.
Speaker 4: She She's holding up a similar piece of paper with tour dates in the caption on the street and said, I didn't have the budget to fly to Space to promote my tour dates, so I made this TikTok instead.
Speaker 2: The video was also set to Perry's song eating Ooh Yeah, that's a direct hit. I mean, it's funny and we're talking about it. I'm in viral, getting the ring, getting the ring, do it, Just do it. Willie Nelson's one hundred and fifty fourth studio album is out today Wow Yeah, one hundred and fifty four.
Speaker 4: It's called Oh What a Beautiful World, and it's a tribute to his longtime friend and fellow musician Rodney Crowell. Every song on the album was written by Crowell and WILLI is ninety one years old, FYI, and this is his seventy seventh solo project, so just about half of his projects have been solo. But one hundred and fifty four studio albums is insane. I want to know how many hours totally he's spent in the studio making these albums.
Speaker 2: I gotta know who has him beat, not even doll anybody. I don't know that anybody has him beat. That's got to be the most albums. I mean, there's a million Elvis albums out there, but they were all posthumously released. Will he's still with us? These are all his albums that he's on. Wow, those are Uston's headlines. That's crazy, all right. NFL Draft last night. First round of the draft went down last night.
Speaker 4: Miami's quarterback cam Ward went first overall to the Titans. Texans had the twenty fifth overall pick in the draft, but they traded it to the Giants for the second pick in the second round tonight. A third round pick this year and a sixth round pick next year, and the third round of the draft are tonight. Texans have two picks in the second and three in the third, so you got twenty stuff to watch tonight if you're a Texans fan. I know you may have been disappointed last night. Second Round starts at six and you can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network. In baseball, the Atros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Royals. Hayden Wisnski from Sam Houston State's gonna be on the mound for the Drows going up against Kansas City's Seth Lugo. First pitches at six forty. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In basketball, Yeah, the Rockets are gonna play Game three their first Round series against the Warriors tomorrow night in San Francisco. The series is tied up at a game apiece. The Rockets come into this game as two and a half point underdogs. Tip Off is at seven thirty and you can hear it on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kt H.
Speaker 2: Let's go Rockets. Yeah, that's what's going on.
Speaker 15: In sports, The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz come on, Maam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Bam Friday, Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Let's go over to the fons here. Good morning, Rod, Ryan show who we got. This is William wille You're calling number.
Speaker 1: Ten, thanks of art, brother Rod.
Speaker 2: Where you're from, William, Cyprus. Of course, everybody up north is gonna win beer today because I've got because I've got this great I got this great event a million miles away. Listen to me, though, William, you got the beers, you got a case of beer. I'm also giving you a pair of VIP passes to the Asian Versus Cajun Crawfish Boil It's going down tomorrow at the Fort Bend County Fairgrounds. Dude, that's awesome. This is the information I got. VIP ticket valued at seventy five bucks. It's gonna be all you can eat crawfish, you and your guest covered seating, private bathrooms, private bar, liquor and wine in VIP teams will hand deliver crawfish every ten minutes to the VIP area of which you and your guest will be in tomorrow. Okay, sounds good. All right, make the trip, dude, it'll be worth it. Enjoy your beers too, all right, awesome, Thanks aut Rod, Thanks William.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Run a little behind the scenes. I mean, you work here, so you know, I think I know a lot about it behind the scenes. So you know, there's a there's an account executive salesperson we call him as Okay that is attached to you know, these types of things. So obviously the people behind the Asian Versus Cage and Crawfish Boil have spent money to advertise on the radio station. So the guy that's responsible for getting them on the air, he's the sales guy, right. He comes in, He's like, hey, man, dude, listen, you want some VIP passes. These things are like one hundred and fifty bucks a piece. Bro, you can give them away. You want to do it on free beer Friday. Zip Zip Zip. I can get you the tickets, man. I can get you these tickets. But it's gonna be great. I'm like, what are they worth? About one hundred fifty bucks? Man, it's like, okay, three hundred dollars with every case of beer. He's like, well, maybe they're one hundred and twenty five. I don't know. It's a great deal. We'll get you what you need. Whatever you need now, listen, there's seventy five bucks apiece. It's one hundred and fifty dollars. It's still a great deal. But initially it was brought into me that they were one hundred and fifty bucks apiece, and I'm like, yeah, that's an awesome deal. Let's get those to our listeners. You know they let's get yeah, man, you know, I'll get these over to you. You know, it'd be great. We'll do it on freeer Friday by the salespeople at your place, like the ones at our place. I would imagine, no funny. I still would have said, yes, I had a seventy five dollars ticket. That's pretty good. All you can eat crawfish. I know this is a big deal. Now for everyone else that's heading out there. Hey, man, if you want to go out there, you know, it's just thirty five dollars for you, head out to the Fort Bend County Fairgrounds. It's gonna be a great time. Zipzipsip, zip zipsip. Come on in, eat some crawfish. You know, have a good time. QUEI that's what would happen if we let the sales guys host the radio shows. I don't know, man, like one hundred fifty bucks piece. Man, love you, logan, thank you. I would have said yes anyways at seventy five bucks apiece. All right, William's gonna go out there. I've got more of this. I got more of this. I've got more VIP passes, and I got more beer. I got more everything coming up, more everything, Fanny Friday. Today, I haven't even had a chance to look. I've been so busy. I don't know what it is that I'm doing, but something's keeping me very very busy. Today I didn't even have a chance to go look. Everyone's freaking out about Hello Jerry right now, Hello Jerry. They're saying this is the best he's ever played. Yeah it is. He is the current fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. He pulled nineteen eighty five out of his ass. Yeah he did, Yeah he did. Jerry won this morning. Spoiler alert. He'll be back on with us on Monday. There's a lot of people saying, I think I'm gonna just wait. He's on a heater right now. You come in, you lose to Jerry, who seems unbeatable right now, and then you gotta wait another thirty days. Or do you or you just want to wait two more days if he gets into the Hall of Fame and then start, you know, calling in on Wednesday to be the hero that maybe takes him down. Jerry's playing that well that people are contemplating, they're contemplating just laying down for a couple of days. That's how good he's playing, fresh out of bed, head to head right now. I mean, of course he beat Morgan, a ninth grader and a fresh fish person today had a fresh fish today. So who is he beat? Fred? I mean, no disrespect to the people that have been on. You play the games on your schedule, man, but Jerry's just I think anybody could have been in there and Jerry would have won. I got a one hundred dollars ce SE's pizza gift card. It's one hundred dollars. Hey man, Hey man, it's a thousand up. No, it's not. It's one hundred dollars ce SE's pizza gift card. I've got that for you coming up after the break. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 16: Right Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Us right here we go, Hi, guys, wakey wakey, hands off, snakey. Twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy eighty five is you're high today? Kind of the same thing for tomorrow actually drops to a ten percent chance of rain. The twins are going to be out at Jactus Cove. You guys have a crawfish cookoff, Ye, you and chili crawfish cookoff. For sure, it's gonna be a lot of fun. Just keep your hands and feet away from chili if you're at the crawfish table. If you guys are sharing crawfish, keep your hands and feet away. Be just nowhere where your appendages are. He's an animal. You've seen him in crawfish before. I know you've been with him before many times. Yeah, he put me out of business. Lucky's Pub West drop Bass there yesterday there's still nobody there. He put me out of business. That all you can eat crawfish on Sundays. Jilli came showed up at opening bell and late all day and left the closing time. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think. So.
Speaker 2: They're gonna give you a little like the trays, and then you get to get you get your wristbands and you get to go to the teams and they'll give you the crawfish. That way you guys are, you will not be sharing. We'll all be getting our own. Okay, and you're at you guys are at Cactus Cover. But what time too?
Speaker 4: We're gonna be there pretty much all day. We're scheduled three to five. I'm gonna get there early though.
Speaker 2: You've got a beautiful day for it. It's gonna be awesome. I can't wait. I'm really looking for it. I don't see anything over a ten percent chance of rain for Saturday, twenty percent on Sunday, mostly cloudy, and again we're low eighties. Beautiful weekend. Beautiful weekend for crawfish. What's trending? Speaking of beautiful, Fanny Friday trending? Oh, I haven't looked up shark fitness, submitted to us by our very good friend Josh Tree. People are checking her out the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Treat yourself this Friday and go check out Fanny Friday. Jerome is on a heater right now. Yeah suggestions.
Speaker 4: NFL Dragon is trending. Shadoor Sanders also trending. Dean Sanders' son did not get drafted last night.
Speaker 2: He will probably go at some point today, which I mean tonight, but a lot of talk about the NFL Draft. Texans traded out of their pick. They will have five picks tonight in the two rounds that are going on. And then mister Ed was trending on Twitter.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but I just see a lot he'll talk about mister Ed and it just makes me think about my favorite YouTube video. One of them is him hitting a home run off of Sandy Kofax. Have you ever seen that one? Mister Ed the horse that yeah has, He's holding a bat in his mouth, and then Sandy Kofax, one of the greatest pitches of all time, pitches to him and he swings his little horse face, hits it inside the parkcorn and slides into home.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll send you the clip. I understand the cool story. You like that video.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it's trending, just everybody's. It's literally mister Ed is on x right now. It's the fifth thing I see trending in the United States.
Speaker 2: It's an old black and white television show, is pre color. The horse died in the sixties. The horse passed away in like nineteen sixty four. He lives on in our hearts? Is there another mister Ed? Is it like mister Beast's little brother or something. I don't know, Okay, I do not. I mean I researched it. I looked and it says there's no real reason it would be trending. But on X he's trending. You researched that. I tried.
Speaker 4: I mean by research, I mean I tapped the trending thing and I looked at all the responses and they were just the horse.
Speaker 12: So that's it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, there you go. You're getting the latest and greatest from Alice over there. I got a one hundred dollars c Sea's Pizza gift card for caller number ten. I wake up on Friday mornings and I do two things because fat boy says, oh my god, I get to eat soon. And then this is the day I get to jump around on the air. But The Rod Ryan Show's House of Pain ninety four fought the buzz, Come on, do it?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 5: Do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's how we do it here ninety four or five the buzz. It must be Friday seven o'clock hour. But he got seven to twenty five, pretty good looking weekend here, Oh big race tonight. Don't let me forget. Okay, I'm gonna go give away these tickets. Okay, do not let me forget. I put it in my notes, something that we had previously talked about on the show. Let me go over to the phone. So but though I got a great prize here they've been on with us all week. Good morning, Hello, helloo hey, how are you doing? Great man? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Joe?
Speaker 2: What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 8: Joe?
Speaker 2: It sounds like you should be sleeping. How just I wish I were heading into the office. You are heading into the office. Okay, would you dig a one hundred dollars See's Pizza gift card? Say that again? Would you like a one hundred dollars Ceci's Pizza gift card?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, I thought maybe you didn't want it, like, okay, I'll get say I'll go give it to Eric over here is waiting on the phone. He was gonna be call her number eleven. But if Joe, if you wanted, I got it for you. Congratulations, all right, all right, thanks a lot. They got like some I mean, talk about two great tastes. That taste great together. Tots and bacon pizza. They got tots and bacon on your pizza. Yes, sound pretty great to please go get that down for that. Yeah, I would be down for that too, but I yeah, just go get it for me. You go eat it, Joe and tell me how great it was. All right, all right, we'll do. I have a great day at work, dude. Hope you get some time off the party this weekend a little bit. All right, thanks a lot, Rod, thank you, thank you, Joe. Sperm Racing is tonight. Oh we talked about that on the air, right, Yeah, sperm Racing dot com is happening and they've got to They got two young sperm donors. They got Tristan from USC and Asher from uc LA. Oh rivalry game. Yeah, they're going to battle. It's tonight's live event at the Hollywood Palladium. They got a like, it's like a boxing looking poster with the two dudes with their shirts off USC versus UCLA. I imagine some of you are hearing this for the very first time. Sperm Racing is a startup and people are making bets on it, okay, and these guys had to go get medically checked and everything ready to go. They're talking about who has more testosterone and who has all They had to go get medical checkups. It reports and tests would run on these guys. Who's going to get their sperm across the finish line first? So they said that tonight's race is expected to draw over a thousand people. There's a synchronized start, and there's a sperm racetrack that mimics the female reproductive system, and it's going to be microscopic, but it's gonna be blown up on a big screen. You're gonna get to watch this tonight. Betting is encouraged own this. I don't know, Alex. Do you need to see like a couple of these events to see is this a one and done thing?
Speaker 6: Alex?
Speaker 4: I mean, like I'd like to see the recap of tonight's event and I see if it's like absolutely electric. It seems like it would have been better during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: The guys were on TMC yesterday spilling their training secrets to your training to pump up people's expectations. Can you share one of their training secrets? I think overall health, I think you're just trying to be maintain a healthy lifestyle. So that you're hot tubs, so that your sperm is faster. The racing goes down tonight and it's just for us. We'll have to tune in on the web. I don't have a time for you, but sperm racing dot com if you want to lock that in on your browser, and I imagine one of you will watch tonight. It's free beer Friday. You always drink on the cart Yeah, I guess I do you Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan's show, bad Omens and just pretend good morning, Hope you're off to a great start to your day on this free beer Friday. Next hour, three eleven tickets. I'm gonna ask you Tolley. That's normally one of those things, like when it's the biggest thing we've been talking for hyping.
Speaker 7: Up all week.
Speaker 2: Normally he makes you wait until no the showed him to win those. You put him in there at eight twenty. It's three eleven tickets. You'll meet the band and you'll qualify to be upgrade. And so we'll take all five names. And it looks like we're gonna do this next hour. We'll take all five names in upgrade one of you to box seats. The show is May nine, seven and three Music Hall. Yo, yo, what's up. I'm mixing it up a little bit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: I didn't pay attention to it, but uh we tries drawing. I mean, I mean we can move it to non flip flop if you want.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I was just wonder to get through with something. It was if there was a reason that you did it at A twenty, that's fine. Yeah, yeah, I think it's a big prize. We can do it there, okay, e twenty hey twenty the last meet and greet. I know they yale that one yesterday. I'm like, you can be able to control yourself in for the nick action. She goes, I'll control myself. I'll bring my husband with me and I'll control myself. Okay, she'll go forget about the husband. She'd be like, oh, honey, you weren't ready. I'm sorry. I had to go all right, thank you. YouTube had a big birthday this year. They turned twenty years old on Wednesday. Twenty years so long it's been since the very first YouTube video was uploaded to the site. If you've never seen it. It's nineteen seconds and it's the co founder and he's at the San Diego Zoo and maybe there's some drafts or something behind him. I can't remember. I've seen the clip before. Yeah, yeah, it's nineteen seconds. So what I have for you? What Chili has for you on Links and Guests is the top ten most viewed music videos on YouTube? Now, Gangham style, it is top ten. You're not wrong. It is top ten. I guess I had a question I did not see and they must not qualify as a music video. But it is baby Shark dance video. It surpassed fifteen billion views. It's the most viewed video on the platform of all time. They did not include it in this list as the most viewed music videos. To me, that's a music video, even though it's a kiddie thing. It might be just like I guess, it is still a musical artist, isn't it. I don't know what they use for a qualifier, because Miss Rachel would just mop the floor with everybody if that was the case. I'll tell you what's top ten. And this is a heavy rotation. In my house, I'm the one that plays it. Dude, I can't get sick of this song. Ever, there's I went listen to some other stuff from One Republic. It's okay. I don't know what it is about this song. You like this song or is it just like you kind of giggle, You're like, oh, okay, I've heard this thing a million times. I don't need to hear it ever. Again, I don't have an opinion on it. Kill you don't. I don't hate it.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's used a lot. We could replace this. We could replace jump Around and play this at seven twenty everything I do Friday. All right, let's go. It's One Republic time with your brother Ryde. I'm not even find the.
Speaker 8: Butt I.
Speaker 2: Sing, you did hit the post it? That's pretty good?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Counting stars one Republic, four point one five billion. I'm not the only one. I'm not saying y'all that loves this damn song. I just want to replace jump Around. Just no, I don't want to replace jump Around either. God, this song's good. Tell me if you remember this one. I'm gonna jump around a little bit on the list. The Fox say, no, do not know what this is? This is the like frog sing it yea audience, this is a ring tone. I think axel F Crazy Frog two thousand and nine, like axel F for axel Foley. So yeah, it was the Crazy Frog five point one eight billion. It's the number six most viewed music video of all time. This is my argument. This is like some silly, jokey kind of thing. Maybe Shark would be on this and too, Baby Shark should be on this list, and it's not. I remember when this came out and us playing this on the radio, people are like, what is this? Well over billion views later, most people kind of know what it is.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if Baby Shruk was on the like Miss Rachel Ikey Sticky Bubblegum would absolutely dwarf all of these One Republic counting stars.
Speaker 2: Ten Waka Waka Shakira four point two billion, Sugar from Maroon five. It has over four billion views on YouTube. That that's on slabs. Go ahead, put it in. Put it. It doesn't slap like One Republic. I would say better shag No. I think Banny Blanco wrote this, so so you know it's good. Now you let them getting a good player. Do you know the video? I do not know the movie video? Is this the one where they're playing at people's well, you don't know. Then they have a big video where they're playing at people's weddings and they don't know, and the people it looks real gorilla that it's behind a screen and it's at people's weddings, and then the curtain comes down and oh my god, Maroon five is playing around. Oh okay, okay, now I've seen this. I didn't realize it was for this song. Is it this one?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we've watched this before. It's okay. I seen him live you I dance. I seen him live you know I dance. I seen him live on my dance at jazz Fest, you know, ninety thousand people. His voice just doesn't project. It doesn't do anything for me. I get it. He takes off his shirt. Chicks lose their mind. Sometimes you're his fishnet shirts. The voice, the voice doesn't do anything for me. I just think it's everything. It's a weak ass voice. It's not This isn't as good as payphone. Payphon was his finest word. The poor sound guy has that microphone. He's not pushing his voice at all ever during the set. During the whole show, he's just doing his Adam Levine thing. That poor sound guy has to have that microphone on eleven the whole time just to hear them. It's just like, give me a little something from the gut bro thing. Sugar is y dude?
Speaker 14: This the whole time?
Speaker 2: This is not good for me. Fail Okay, it's huge, Sugar four point two three billion. That was my trashing Maroon five on the air. Clearly what else we got? Dame two Cocida of course, El Chambo and Dancing Green Alien five billion views, Crazy Frog five billion views. Uptown Funk, don't give it to you? Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars five point five five billion views. You like that saw right? That rocks? I do like Uptown Funk, I do. I like everything that Bruno Mars does. I like everything that Bruno Mars does. CI Gandham Style five point five to five billion. That may have been the first billion, either that or Baby Shark. One of them was the first one to reach a billion. Shape of You, Ed Sheeran six point four to five billion, Only two left, all right? No Idea Whiz Khalifa featuring Charlie Pooth, Oh see you again, See you again six point sixty five billions, The Fast and Furious one, Yes, the one that's at the end, the tribute It's been a long way without you, my friend. The number one most viewed music video on YouTube, Louis Fonsie featuring Daddy Yankee and Bieber. I think it's on this Hadre Young Cage eight point seven billion views. Yeah, eight point seven billion views. I don't think any of us can wrap our heads around that's had a billion of anything. I mean a billion views. I mean you haven't even did You haven't even eaten a billion pieces of rice in your life, No, you haven't, let alone eight point seven billion of anything. That's how many views that they get they got.
Speaker 4: This song reminds me always of the video of Justin Bieber. He was playing live and he tried to do the Spanish part, but he did in the Spanish, so he just like.
Speaker 2: It's what I understand these people. If you have one hundred thousand views on a video, you're monetizing that, you're making pretty good money. Oh yeah, what kind of money is YouTube paying out to Daddy Yankee for eight point seven billion views on this video? Who's behind the upload that gets the money? I can't even imagine. I think it's generational wealth. Just on that video. I'm trying to see what it is. I don't know if they would keep track of that. Yeah. Yeah, it just tells me that he has a twenty million dollar contract with interstill there. Yeah. Oh and then probably twenty more million dollars from YouTube. I would say more. I would say more. Eight point seven billion is ridiculous. Happy birthday YouTube. We love this song all that we should play this song. One, don't play this song at seven twenty let's do it. No, Yeah, you can all the rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Papa Roach, Last Resort. All right, seven fifty three, let's get right after it. I'pe you're off to a great start to your free beer fraudy. Another case of beer coming your way. Every case of beer comes with two VIP passes seventy five dollars value to the Asian versus Cajun Crawfish cookoff going down tomorrow at four ben fair Grounds. Alex Houston's headlines, please, oh, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Around one hundred thousand mourners have crowded Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican City since Wednesday, with the sheer number of people wanting to pay their respects to Pope Francis. It caused the church to keep Saint Peter's open for twenty three hours, closing only for an hour yesterday morning. The funeral mass is scheduled for tomorrow at ten am local time in Saint Peter's Square, to be presided over by Cardinal Giovanni Battista Ray. As of yesterday, one hundred and thirty four in delegations had confirmed that they're going to be present at tomorrow's funeral, including around fifty heads of state. Following the service, Pope Francis is going to be interred at the Basilica of Saint.
Speaker 2: Mary Major in Rome.
Speaker 4: Authorities say that the mass of New Jersey wildfire, that consumed fifteen thousand acres so far and is still just fifty percent contained, was deliberately set by a man that they've arrested. Nineteen year old Joseph Kling has been charged with arson and aggravated arson in the Jones Road wildfire that was first spotted on Tuesday morning in the pine barrens Ocean City Prosecutor Brad Billheimer says while he's not prepared to discuss the motive, he's confident that the fire was set intentionally. He says that Kling started a bonfire using wooden pallets and left the woods while it was still burning. He says that it ignited a wildfire that's now on track to become the biggest in New Jersey in two decades. Kling is being held in the Ocean City County Jail and is due in court on Tuesday for a detention here. Going on vacation can make just about everyone feel better, and according to a new research, it can make us feel more romantic too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: A survey of.
Speaker 2: Dude, I like how you kicked in. Yeah, bring on the Marvin Gay. Let's go.
Speaker 4: A survey of married Americans, about sixty five percent of people are more romantic while traveling. Eighty two percent say a trip with their partner can reignite a spark when the half of the people surveyed say that they feel more connected to their spouse while on vacation, and sixty percent say they usually come home feeling even more in love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got a vacation tuggy. And there's no one else around either too, Like that's the whole thing. You don't got to cook, you don't got to clean. I mean, God forbid you get away from the kids. But it's just you're on vacation. Yeah, that's like one of the guaranteed times you get the tuggy. Turns out people feel better, like when they're by a beach or when they're not at home doing other things. Birthday tuggy, Valentine's Day tuggy, first night of vacation tuggy. Before you start fighting guarantee one guaranteed three times a year, three tuggies a year, and then hopefully staking BJ day. But you know the first nightifaication. You're not arguing yet. Yeah, first nightification whatever, I got to get in, got to get in that first night. You gotta break in the hotel room. You know what I'm saying. Shannon Sharp is.
Speaker 4: Electing to step aside temporarily from his role at ESPN. He made the announcement yesterday saying, at this juncture, I am going to step aside from my duties and will be devoting my time to my family and responding and dealing with these false and disruptive allegations set against me. Sharp's being accused ensued by a woman who says that he raped her twice in two months in her Las Vegas home last year. Sharp and his attorneys say that the relationship was one hundred percent consensual, and he does say that he plans to return to his role at ESPN for the NFL preseason.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of following along with this a little bit. I think it's factual, and I think both parties have agreed that this happened. This is again, a civil suit, not a criminal suit. Right, ten million dollars was offered to her to go away, and she said no, what she's like twenty twenty one years old? She wants fifty million? Did Tony Buzby say, listen, you're a lock to get way more than that. Don't take the deal. Maybe what twenty year old walks away from ten million dollars to shut up? That's the That's the craziest part of this case for me.
Speaker 4: If it happened, then I understand being like, no, I want justice. But you would probably do that in criminal court, then, wouldn't you. Yeah, this is just to get money. I mean, I'm not saying to lave women. Oh man, I believe women.
Speaker 2: She didn't take the ten million deal. That's what's amazing. That's what teakes me thinking that something must might have happened too, Like what is Busby sitting on that's going to prove Okay, this is where you're really gonna get hurt in the pocketbook, we'll find out. I don't know it's it's wild, but you know, Disney must have said, listen, dude, this is too hot. These things that you're releasing right now, all these text messages. There's a sex tape you bro live on Instagram. This is some check. This is Mickey Mouse that owns this. It's Mickey Mouse on your check. You got to walk away for a little bit. Yeah, so, yeah, I was. I was surprised he was on as long as he was.
Speaker 4: Green Day is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in twenty twenty five. They'll be honoring their significant contributions to the music industry. The band joins a diverse group of honorees from various entertainment fields the Hollywood Chamber of Commison. That's to the twenty twenty five class, which includes Prince Jane Fondat, Colin Farrell, Jessica Chastain, Keith Urban, and David Beckham. Each honoree will have an individual ceremony to dedicate their star on the Hollywood Boulevard, and the exact days are still to be announced. Recipients have up to two years to schedule their ceremony, and dates are typically revealed to be or to the public ten days in advance.
Speaker 2: You know you got to pay for your own star. Yeah, but now there you have a group to pay for it because it's a band exactly. Oh yeah, I guess think Trey Coole will pay for a third Billy Joe, Mike Diurnt. They'll split into three ways for everything. It's like, buddy, you know what you're doing. Billy's got more money, most money. He's a songwriter, so he's got more. Rod Ryan Shogts a Walk All or Walk of Fame thing star paying for it. I'm not paying for it. You gotta chip it anything you make all money. I don't think we're getting a star. I really don't.
Speaker 16: Oh not.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we're very big in California. I mean, does Wolfman Jack have one here? Houston has I will chip in I bet your wolfman Jack has one. I will pay. I got like twenty bucks in my will I'll give you that for what if we let's make a Houston one, then we'll be the first One's deductive a Houston Walk of Fame.
Speaker 4: We should do that, But actually we can't be the first one, so it looks like it's not us. We'll put somebody else in and then we'll be in the second one.
Speaker 2: We didn't come up with this. See this guy was fun. Willie Elson was first. All right, what do you got for sports? The first round of the NFL Draft was last night.
Speaker 4: Miami Crack cam Ward went first overall to the Titans. Somebody emailed me and wanted me to make sure that everybody knows that he's from the Houston area Columbia High School. I believe Texans had the twenty fifth overall pick, but they traded it to the Giants for the second pick in the second round and third pick this year, as well as a sixth round pick next year. The second and third rounds of the draft are tonight. Texans have the have two picks in the second and three and the third to five total. Tonight second round starts at six. You can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network. I'm about to post my first round draft grades. I always do that every year on my Twitter at Alex JM Middleton. Very accurate, non biased draft grades.
Speaker 2: Great. I'll give the Texans a pretty good grade because they traded with my non biased baseball news astros are back in action tonight.
Speaker 4: They're going to open up a weekend series with the Royals on the road. Hayden was Nesky from sam Houston State University is gonna be on the mountain for the Strows, going up against Kansas City's Seth Lugo. First pitches at six forty and you could listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 2: In basketball, the Rockets are gonna play.
Speaker 4: Game three of their first round series against the Warriors tomorrow night in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Series is tied up at a game with piece. Tip Off is at seven thirty and you can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty ATRH That is what's going on in sports rock and alt fever.
Speaker 8: He used to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 5: BAM Friday. You've got free Bam Briday, Free Bam Briday. You got a free BAM Briday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Briday, Bam Briday.
Speaker 12: And free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hi, who's this? This is Move Mo. You're in dude, congrats, I got the third case of beer. It's all yours.
Speaker 8: Right on, man, right on?
Speaker 2: What part of Montgomery County are you from?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait a minute, now, we're getting a little closer. All of our beer winners today. I don't know if you've heard yet, Mo are getting two VIP passes to the Asian Versus Cajun Cajun Crawfish Cookoff, which is going down Saturday, Fort ben Fairgrounds. Dude, tomorrow, you will be treated like an absolutely like the king you are. I know you're a king, but you will be treated like what you've deserved your whole life. They're bringing you crawfish. You're in a tent, you got your own bathrooms, the drinks are there. They're bringing you crawfish every ten minutes. You and a guest dude tomorrow, All right, right on, man, that sounds great, And a case of beer. Mo, my guy, have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 17: Thank you man, you two brother.
Speaker 2: Thank you mo, thank you so much. Hook him up, Chilly, hook him up. Halfway part of the show People eight oh eight. Twenty percent chance of rain, party, cloudy high eighty five. Beautiful day tomorrow for all the crawfish things that are happening. Even the twins are out at Cactuscove tomorrow in the afternoon. Uh tomorrow. Ten percent chance of rain party, cloudy high of eighty four. You know, I'm i'm My mind is blown today. There's an album called Oh What a Beautiful World out today. It's the name of the album. It's from Willie Nelson, who is ninety one years old. The dude's still putting out albums. It's Willy's seventy seventh solo album. In total, Willie Nelson has put out one hundred and fifty four studio albums. Is it a record? I don't know. You got guys that, like Frank Zappa, for instance, would just put out albums. He's got one hundred and twenty of them. Sixty of them came out while he was alive, sixty of them came out after he is dead. That's like those are two POC numbers. Tupac had what three albums, and then twenty of them came out after he died, So I don't know who has the record merzbo Okay, it's a Japanese that Japanese noise artist. I saw that four forty seven studio albums.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nana mos Cory is believed to have released four hundred and fifty don't.
Speaker 8: Know that is.
Speaker 2: Do you know who bucket Heead is? Yes. Buckethead is a guitar player most known for being in Guns n' Roses for a short period of time, but it was during a period of time where there wasn't much productivity out of Guns n' Roses. We were waiting for Chinese democracy. They weren't really doing live shows, but we knew that Buckethead was the guitar player that kind of that replaced Slash for a while. He plays with a Kentucky Fried chicken bucket on his head. So he apparently has over three hundred albums out there. That's insane. There's a Nana Muskouri. I've heard her name before. She's got three hundred albums. I don't know. One hundred and fifty four albums is ridiculous, Like Johnny Cash, for instance, has about sixty studio albums that are solo albums. Then he's got all these live albums and all these compilations that he's a part of. Okay, so he's in there and he's in some kind of a two hundred range. I just think it's unbelievable that Willy is still with us and still putting out music. Is it any good? I don't know. I don't know. But his seventy seventh solo project, his one hundred and fifty fourth studio album overall, is out today. So that's pretty amazing. I mean, that's just that's incredible output. Like Dolly Parton's got to have big numbers. She's been doing it now ever. So you know, there's a million Elvis albums, there's a million of them, but then not all studio albums. They're just say what ways. Billy Idol's got that new album out today. It's his ninth, Okay, Like Billy Billy Idol's been around forever, nine albums. Willie Nelson one hundred and fifty four, Like high respective, when you just have a few too, this is what you get, dude. Yeah, he's take it or leave it. Billy had such success right out of the gate. I think he knows everywhere he goes, everybody wants to hear Dancing with Myself, Yeah and Eyes without a Face. It's like, just play this stuff from your first two albums, dude, Nobody wants to hear your ninth album, Jon Jet's on there ever Levine. I know that does where he's making noise because he's got everl Levine on the album. And then that the sixth album from the band Ghost. We were playing that track yesterday. You thought that it really did sound a lot like Journey that once on on. Yeah it did. Yeah, So they got new music out today. But man, shout out to Willie Nelson, just an absolute recording force and an absolute national treasure rock and alternative.
Speaker 8: Where the rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, the Buzz, all.
Speaker 2: Right, welcome back, everybody, Free beer Friday. Just one case of beer left, but that means two more passes to the Asian Versus Cage and Crawfish Cookoff going down tomorrow with the fourth ben Fairgrounds. V IP. I got a great ticket coming up for you. This is gonna be the last chance give it away. Tickets to three to eleven coming up, you'll meet the guys in the band, you'll be the last person in the drawing for the box seats. All that good stuff is coming up. Is there anything that's not NFL Draft that's trending? I mean, Pope Francis still trending. I guess Fifth Dan Row. Tomorrow. They've got a live stream going on starting at about I think nine o'clock our time, maybe nine o'clock our time on YouTube. You can stream Pope Francis's funeral and millions will yeah, I mean I know it kind of sounds like really yeah, and people will do that. They will be glued to YouTube tomorrow. I imagine most of the channels are gonna carry it too. I mean, it's been NonStop pop coverage. It's saying they break away all the time for the Pope stuff. They're religious royal families, so they probably do exactly they do with like the royal wedding and stuff. So I imagine this stuff it's gonna be pretty easy to find tomorrow. But YouTube is also streaming it.
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 2: Fanny Friday continues to trend Josh Tree for sending in US Shark Fitness. She's awesome.
Speaker 4: You can check out the Worldlavis Rid Ryan Show Pitch at Buzz dot com. But yeah, the NFL draft is trending. Shed Or Standers did not get drafted. The Jaguars traded up to get Travis Hunter. Uh cam Wood went first overall. The Giants traded with the Texans.
Speaker 2: They took a quarterback that was not Shedor Sanders. And yes, they're pretty much some of the big stories from the NFL Draft Night we or at Night one. That's what's training at ninety five The Buzz, All right, here we go, let's do it, Chili, put these right here. Three eleven tickets. Oh boy, it's my last pair of tickets to go see the guys. May ninth, seven and three views a call at least for this promotion. This includes tickets to the show. You and your guests will meet the guys in the band, and then you'll be the last person qualified to upgrade to the box seats. Real easy, man, I mean it's Friday. What am I gonna do? They could jump through a hoop no Color ten seven one three, Ryan Show, Fun ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Ryan showed nickel back how you repined me. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain moving forward from today tomorrow, not even a ten percent chance of rain tomorrow, up to a twenty percent chance on Sunday. Pretty good looking weekend, guys, low eighties, beautiful. You and Chilli are gonna be out tomorrow, Cactus Cove. Yeap, Well, it's noon to five. We're gonna be there. We're scheduled from three to five. I'm gonna get there early. Yeah, party, eat some crawfish. Best are crows? You're bringing the fam or you get to roll solo on this one. You're trying to bring the wife and kid to be determined. Uh, probably bring You can bring the families out to these gacs. You definitely can. I just don't know how well the little one's gonna last out there. Yeah, one night, she's got like a window and then he's like, hey guy, guess and I'll probably being the car that n I just move her back. London loves mister Gunner. Mister she knows that mister Gunner knows how to throw a party. Yeah, it's true. All right, So you guys are out Cactus Cove tomorrow. Practice cove usind dot com for more information. You get your wristbands, you can try all the crappie. It's gonna be a fun time. You're gonna have beautiful weather tomorrow for that Good Morning rod Ryan show. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 8: Hi, this is Kamelia.
Speaker 2: We got Camellia Cabello on the Well no, no, no, I know, I know, well you're not hurt, right, but no, I wish, but we have her. She's piling on on this Katie Perry thing. Pretty funny, it's pretty funny. I'm sorry that I laugh at this though. That one is kind of funny to me. I don't keep up on the celebrity stuff all that much. As a matter of fact, I do more than I let on. But let's talk about you. Your color number ten congratulations.
Speaker 12: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: So yeah?
Speaker 2: Pretty serious?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 2: Three eleven tickets? How about oh oh my, how about hanging out with the with the fellas a little bit, and then we'll get you qualified to be upgraded in the box seats for May nine seven one three Music Hall. Are you good? Are you like you okay? In a backstage situation, you can behave yourself. I am going to try my best. I know it's early on. You're just you're just processing everything. Who do you bring with you to this?
Speaker 9: Of course I'm gonna bring my husband.
Speaker 2: Okay. I like this that the the gals that have won have all said they're gonna bring their husbands to keep them in line, back safe so they don't get out of hand. I can't I can't have you. I can't have you clawn at these guys and ripping their clothes off. Okay, I can't have that. Okay, although I bet you they would appreciate that. It's probably been a couple of years. All right, you want to why don't you just stay on the phone. Didn't tuly give you everybody here? So we have the four winners from this week, and then we got person on the white business collar. Yeah, ak, Camellia, Yeah, there's a person on the phone. Okay, Well let's let's see who's got the grand price shaking this bad boy yet awesome on the Peak show. It'd be awesome if it was the chick on the phone right now. And this is just for the box seats. China Clark. Okay, somebody that want to China Clark. You still are a winner though, yeah, so, Camellia I'm going to give you the tickets and you're gonna go and meet the guys in the band. That that's a done deal. No one's taking that away from you and your hubs.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh my god, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you so much. Have a great weekend. All right, thanks you all right. I remember China, Yeah yeah, China one with us earlier in the week. China, You and your guest are being upgraded to the box seats at the seven one to three Music Hall. Good for you, man, this was fun. I like doing the extra, like the meet and greets. That's cool. The three eleven, they've been around a long time. Man, We're still willing to meet fans and do all that stuff. That's cool. Those guys are cool. I'll say that I want to talk bands for a second. I'd love that. On the buzz dot com and then Chili, he knows where you guys go to look links and guests. You can now vote for a local band to bring on Buzzfest right from the pages of our website ninety four five The Buzz looking for a band to play Buzzfest. We need one local band open and bring on Buzzfest. May twenty fourth at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Looking for a band that can hold their own with Chavale, Marilyn Manson, Blew October and more.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: One of the following bands that it's featured on our website right now is going to bring on Buzzfest. So what I'm asking you to do, and it's a big job. There's got to be thirty thirty five bands on here. There's a lot. There's a lot. Vote for your favorite. I started watching yesterday, so I just because I'm going to lead bands out, I'm not going to sit here and go through the full thirty list. But three oh seven Departure is up there. U Shaw, Dawson, Drake Music, Hindsight, Kerosene Shores familiar with them. Somebody's bands were very familiar with Cobra Strike, Congratulations, Noisegate, Rachel Winters is up there, Time Capsules, another band, Valhalla. There's a lot, man, I bet you there's over thirty bands on here. It's going to take you over an hour if you're going to not get okay, but it's going to take you some time. If it's let's just say it's thirty five bands. If you gave each one of those bands one minute, and then this is a This is an exercise for bands. If you gave everybody one minute to go in there, and then you know, just thirty seconds to get to the other one and all of that, you're talking about an hour. You know you're talking about at least you could fly through this exercise in forty five minutes. For bands listening, I'm telling people, at least give the songs one minute. You got to come out strong. You've got the video that you have. I hope you're not just chit chatting about Hey, thank you all for coming out tonight and thanking every single person that's in the audience. I hope you're getting right into your music. I did watch a few. There's some really good ones. There's some really really good ones, so listen. You should listen to all of them all the way through. Let me say that out loud. I agree. It's a little difficult to do when if there's this many, but it is.
Speaker 6: I mean, with.
Speaker 2: With with great responsibility comes great power. Yeah, something like that. Responsibility. Okay, Batman said that you are wrong. Uh he did, do you chill the Joker? One of these bands is going to get the opportunity of a lifetime to open up Buzzfest. Give them some time, Listen to the songs, watch the videos, and what are you looking for? Are you looking for the song? Are you looking for the stage presence? Are you looking for just how it sounds in general? Is it a combination. I'm looking for a combination. The song's gotta be good. I'm gonna go for a combination with the song has to be dope. But this is less in The song is less important to me than it would be for say, hometown for the holidays. You have to have a banger, and it's got to sound great, and it's got to sound great in between Lincoln Park and everything else that we play on this station. Your song's gotta be great. I'm not so worried about the song. I am worried about what you sound like. Not so much specifically the song, but how you sound. Can you pull it off live? There's no trickery when you're on stage at Scout Bar. You know, all the flat notes and everything are there with the warts and everything, and I'm okay with that. Everyone's gonna hit a clunker every now and then, except the chick from Rosie. She never hits a bad note. She never hits up Zoe. Zoe never hits a bad note. It's insane how she never hits a bad note. There was no other bands that I looked at yesterday, though, And I did go look at some other other stuff. Yeah, and I gave made me go. So I was like, I want to listen to what they got Studio Wiz and I was like, I like what I see here. I'm worried about how you're carrying yourself on stage. Are you just looking at your shoes? Are you standing up on stage looking at me? Are you a shoegazer? I don't want that. I don't want say that, Buzzfest. I want something to look at it. Open us up. You gotta get us rocket. Yeah, So there's a lot of factors. That's just kind of some of the stuff that I look at. But there was some great stuff. There was some great stuff. Whoever it's going to be, it's going to be awesome. Cast your vote now at the buzz dot Com ninety four or five the Buzz. Does your band sound like that? You don't have to sound like that, but you got to bring that kind of you gotta bring that kind of energy, that's what that's what I'm looking for. You got to bring that kind of energy. We were just talking about all the bands that are up for Bring On Buzzfest. I think there are thirty five bands that are on links and guests right now that they're fate is in your hands. And of course they're all going to get their friends and their families and their girlfriends and stuff to vote. But it's it's all going to come out in the wash because everybody's going to get all their friends to vote for them. But people that don't know any of the bands are going to go and listen and then boom. That's where it's going to level the playing field out. It's not gonna be who's got the most It's not gonna be who's got the most friends. They're going to vote Simon Cowell and that's the fun part of it. It is it is, And especially if you're going to Buzzfest, you bought that ticket, if you know, if you didn't, if you weren't lucky enough to win them from us, you bought that ticket. It's like, this is a part of that price that you paid. Who do you want to see open up Buzzfest and bring on Buzzfest. Great local artists, and I love doing these types of things. I love getting the local bands involved because it's getting tougher and tougher, you know it is. I mean with whole things. Nothing's getting easier, everything's getting more difficult. So it's important that we give these local bands this kind of exposure to get up on stage. I'll tell you what. The thing that I noticed a lot of bands bios I was reading. I like to read them too, to see what they're all about, where they're from, all that stuff. I can't believe how many bands. I'm gonna mention this to Justin too, how many bands are influenced by Blue October, like local bands. It's probably like that in a lot of cities, you know, Like I think a lot of us younger bands, I think we kind of even though my band sounded nothing like them when I was playing in my dope band, but I mean, of course, we all looked up to the Goo Goo Dolls, you know, we all looked up to them. They were a punk band back then. They were like a punk, pretty hard rock and band. This was before Iris came out, before Name was out. They were a pretty hard rocking band. We all looked up to them, so a lot of these local bands. They pointed out that they, you know, who's their inspiration? So many bands name dropped Blue October. I can only imagine what that would mean to share the stage with them, right, golly, if that's one of your inspos and you're on the same bill as them, God dreams Come true. Yeah, absolutely, I do. I still believe in that. I think it's an exciting, fun thing. It's a great responsibility. Like we said, you all have been tasked with getting in there. Don't wait on this thing, Okay, do it this weekend Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Alex said he's breaking it up in a couple of days. Go and vote on these bands, but give them the time they deserve. Go listen, watch the videos and tell us who should bring on Buzzfest. All right, thank you the buzz Rock and I'll tearn in very soon The rod.
Speaker 8: Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: All right, ninety four or five the buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. It's coming up. Your final case of beer with those VIP passes for Bend Fairgrounds tomorrow. Asian Cajun crawfish cookoff vifp passes for you, we'll give those away. Then we'll turn it into open phones. Man, you guys can get the whole last hour of the show. We'll sprinkle in a chance at one thousand dollars alternative income, and then we'll leave you with those struts dirty honey tickets. But it's all about your calls next. I cannot wait. It's my favorite hour of radio on the radio. And then for the five minutes that you do Houston's headlines. Oh really love it. I love it that you hated that part. No, bro, your crushing up? What you got today? Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Around one hundred thousand mourners have crowded Saint Peter's Basilica in Vatican City since Wednesday. With the sheer number of people wanting to pay their respects to Pope Francis. It's caused the church to keep Saint Peter's open for twenty three hours, closing only for an hour yesterday morning. The funeral mass is scheduled for tomorrow at ten am local time, and Saint Peter's Square toll be on YouTube so you can stream it live. It would be presided over by Cardinal Giovanni Battista Ray. As of yesterday, one hundred and thirty FEIGN delegates had confirmed that they will be present at tomorrow's funeral, including abound fifty heads of state. Following the service, Pope Francis is going to be interred at the Basilica of Saint Mary Major in Rome. Tomorrow's National Prescription Drug take Back Day, so empty out those medicine cabinets. Take Back Day is when the DEA sponsors sites across the country for disposal of unused prescription drugs. The goal is to keep them from being flushed and contaminating the water supply or ending up in the wrong hands. Expired meds can lose their efficacy and people can get confused about what they're supposed to be taking if old meds are still in the cabinet. Collection sites are going to be opened between ten am and two pm.
Speaker 2: More information is available online at DEA dot gov slash take Back Day. It's a pretty good thing. I never heard of this day before, to be honest with you, I didn't know that this was like a national type of thing. But having those meds laying around and stuff, I mean, think about it like contaminating the water supply or just like see you later. Yeah, I guess you don't want the people to be able to get it. Whatever happened to this song? Yeah they rock Weezer. We are all on drugs. I forgot about this song. Right, You're not supposed to throw that stuff away?
Speaker 4: I guess no, so yeah again, that's deea dot gov slash take back Day if you want to find out some of the sites that you can drop all that stuff off too.
Speaker 2: Nearly two thirds of Americans are more stressed about running out of money than they are death, according to a new study. The research from Allian's Life finds that sixty two percent of people admit that they aren't saving as much for retirement as they like to be. The biggest thing that adds to the fear of running out of money is high inflation, social Security not giving as much financial support as they need, and high taxes. Generation X is the generation most concerned about it, followed by Millennials and then boomers, but there's a lot of boomers that are already retired. Generation X is the next generation that's going to be retiring.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: It's barfie, It's completely barfee every time we talk about it on the radio, I want to throw up. Yeah, just I'm having enough money, we'll never be able to retire. Ever, I don't know that that's true.
Speaker 10: I know it is.
Speaker 2: Do you have you unless I come into a huge amount of wealth or get better at gambling, do you have solid proof that social security will not be around by the time you retire. I have zero hope that it will. I just I know that I can't really expect it. I think they're gonna find a way to keep it going. I doubt it. I don't know, dude, I don't know. But yeah, no, it makes me sick. Yeah, I just try not to think about it, you know. Think about the NFL draft, that's what that happened. Think about the Roman Empire. That's Think about chicks in space. I had dollar for every time I thought about chicks and space.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Now, we just had a Camellia, a Camellia on the air. I think Camilla or we had Camellia. Yeah, is it Camilla? I don't know. I am the worst, you know, So this this one is throwing some shade. More shade coming. I mean, listen, Gail King is just there waiting, but everyone seems to be going after Katie Paris. She put her set list out there. Yeah, Lady Carry went up in Space and held up a piece of paper with the set list of her upcoming tour, which her tour is now underway, is going on. Yeah, and she brought out astronauts on the stage last night. I think the whole tour is space themed. She'd been planning this album for a long time.
Speaker 4: That makes sense, so yeah, she used her time to promoter her upcoming to her and Camilla Cabeo posted yesterday on TikTok holding a similar piece of paper with her tour dates, and the caption on the screen said, didn't have the budget to fly to Space to promote my.
Speaker 2: Tour, so I made this TikTok instead.
Speaker 4: The video is also set to Perry's song et and people are like, oh no, there's beef between them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I think that it's also a way to go viral, and that's kind of how the times we live in, you know. I mean, in this corner Kesha Wendy's cabello, and in this corner Katy Perry, not the other five women, It's Katy Perry. She's the one that's taking the heat. Remember on MTV had celebrity death match. Yeah, it'd be a good time bring it back. This would be a real good time to bring that back. I agree.
Speaker 4: And then in music News or more music News, Billian Nelson's one hundred and fifty fourth studio album is out today.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about this not too long ago.
Speaker 4: It's called Oh What a Beautiful World, and is a tribute to his longtime friend and fellow musician Rodney Crowell. Every song on the album was written by Crowell. Willy is ninety one years old, and this will be his seventy seventh solo project, So about half of his one hundred and fifty fourth studio albums have been solo projects.
Speaker 2: I'll say this about Willie and I don't have any inside information, but when these artists get super super old and they're still kind of putting stuff out, I feel like the family's pushing them into it. I always worry about like the well being of Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys, you know, or we just saw that Frankie Valley video of that guy couldn't stand on stage right, Like, who's just doing lip syncs now, but who's making him? He can't even sync up with the with the track. I think I feel like Willy is still with it and wants to record, Like I don't feel like his family is forcing him to do this. Sharon Osbourne, anything that Ozzie does, Sharon's forcing him.
Speaker 8: To do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Willie, that was a switch. Willy seems to be really with it still and wants to work and wants to be productive. He's the one guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I feel like it's like you don't use it, you lose it. And then I think sometimes people are like, if I just stay doing the routines that I always do, and Willy's entire life has been writing you U and forming music and going into the studio and knocking out albums, and like, hey, he's like, I'm just gonna wither away if I don't do anything. But maybe he could just smoke weed all day every day, but like he'd rather be like, I'm gonna smoke weed, then I'm gonna go write some songs while I'm high. Then I'm gonna go perform those songs and then put out another studio album. Yes, like it just keeps you it keeps you sharp.
Speaker 2: But Willy has broke the mold for me where I will say with artists, whatever, band, kiss whatever, don't stay at the party too long because you just Willie never has to leave the party, never, never has to leave the party. Keep putting out. I hope he puts ten more albums out. And he's also that rarefied air of just like everybody kind of just loves Willy. University will look at him. You're right. Those are Euston's headlines. All right, Yeah, a lot of stuff on the music blog page today. All right, draft yesterday started.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first round of the draft was the last night. Miami quarterback and Houston native ish pam Ward went to UH went first overall to the Titans. Texans had the twenty fifth overall pick, but they traded it to the Giants for the second pick in today's second round. They also got a third pick this year. It'll also be tonight, and then a sixth round pick next year. A second and third rounds are tonight. Texans have two picks in the second now and three and the third. Second round starts at six, and you can watch it on ESPN and NFL Network. In baseball, Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Royals on the road.
Speaker 2: Hayden Weznski from Sam Houston State's gonna be on the mound for the Strows have be going up against Kansas City. Seth Lugo. First pitch is at six forty.
Speaker 4: And you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 2: And the Basketball through the Rockets. I'm gonna play.
Speaker 4: Game three of their first round series against the Warriors tomorrow night in San Francisco. Series is tied at a game a piece. Rockets come into this game as two and a half point underdogs. I hope they just beat that hat guy at Raymond Green. They said that Jimmy Butler is still uncertain whether or not he will play.
Speaker 2: He has a glute injury.
Speaker 4: He's literally butt hurt, and you know, if he plays, we're still gonna beat there Aft. That's fine. Tip offs at seven thirty. You can hear the game on our sister station.
Speaker 2: In news Radio seven forty kat l Right, that is what's going on in sports, The Buzz.
Speaker 8: Rocky and Alternan Very you soon The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten Am.
Speaker 2: China. Clark was the winner of the box Seats to go see three eleven. But congratulations to winners for the meet and greet to three eleven all week long, se Bam Friday, you got a.
Speaker 5: Free Bam Briday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And we're wee Bam Friday and Bam Friday and we're free Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show Amberson Energy. WHOA, Who's on the phone, gotta get some beer away?
Speaker 5: WHOA?
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hey hello Troy.
Speaker 2: How long were you gonna let me sing? Dude? Look like a fool.
Speaker 1: I was actually enjoying it.
Speaker 6: It was terrible.
Speaker 13: They sound pretty good.
Speaker 2: That girl's gonna send me an email and she's gonna gong me every time I sing. I get this one. The only time this gal emails. Only time she emails is when I attempt to sing on the show, and she's like gong like you stink. Hell All right, hey, Troy, you said that was your name. Yes, there, I've got the fourth and final case of beer for you, dude. It's all yours right on and excellent. And where are you from. I'm from miss missed it. Go ahead say it again, Conroe, Conroe, I knew it. I told you. I've got VIP passes to the Asian Versus Cajun Crawfish Cookoff Saturday forth Ben Fairgrounds. Dude, it's one hundred and fifty dollars. It's one hundred and fifty dollars in tickets right now. Dude, you're in a VIP area. You're under a tent. The drinks are right there. You get your own bathrooms, and they're bringing you the teams. The teams are bringing you crawfish every ten minutes or so in the VIP area. That's what I'm giving off them with your case of beer, Troy, you're the man.
Speaker 9: Wait, I can get the beer, but my girlfriend won't let me drink it though.
Speaker 6: Hey beer, but I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well this Troy, it sounds like you've got some things to work out on your rent.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I'm gonna definitely drink it.
Speaker 2: You won't go away. I believe you too. I believe every word you're saying. Hey, open phones for Iday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones, Fried Yang. Okay, I've only got time for one quick call, but he sent me an email. Okay, do you remember Chris Chris, Well, there's a lot of Chris's Chris san Antonio. Chris hooked up with a old old flame, an old high school girlfriend. He sent me a picture. I gotta ask, I gotta ask them if I can post it. Look, Chris, look how happy they look?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Chris? All right, well done? Open phones Friday. Yeah, she's hot, Chris. Good morning, a dude? Are you just going to San Antonio and mounting every weekend?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 6: No, every other week show?
Speaker 2: Is she ever gonna come here?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 18: When hopefully this month. We're trying to figure out what we're gonna do with May. May's a little crazy. My kid's birthdays are in the middle of Mays. It was mine Mother's Day and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so Ken figure it out. You sent me a picture of you. What's her name? I keep calling her? You know, the chick that you went to high school with in San Antonio. What's her name? Her name is Megan? Megan? Can I put people want to see this picture? Can I share it? It's up to you. If if you say no, I'm fine with it.
Speaker 18: I'm perfectly fine dude.
Speaker 2: You guys look awesome together. Yeah, you guys look I mean, this has been so much fun. It's like three four weeks now. We've been following Chris's journeys about him, you know, doing his thing in San Antonio, having a good time, getting a job done. Right out of the gate. He's like, I go, bro, tell me he slept in a second bedroom. He's like, no, no, we slept in the same room. We're getting there.
Speaker 18: There's a lot of there's a lot of work to do, a lot of reconnecting, learning each other as adults. But it's, you know, it's it's going really well. Trying not to define anything too hard or plan too hard, but you know, we're like the Amber song that just played, like made me smile, Like nothing good comes easily. Sometimes you've got to fight, and she's worth fighting for and she's worth it.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, it sounds like a wedding song. Wow. I'm just sad he said it. I didn't. I did say it. Sorry said it, Chris. I'm gonna put this picture off so somebody can see you guys look great together. Man, Thanks buddy, Invite us to the wedding, Chris. Yeah, open phones, Friday. I'll mean right out of the gate, we're getting the we're getting the tea. All right, that's out of the way. I'll put that picture up on our stories. I found an old picture of me in the Offspring from twenty fifteen. Really yeah, flashback Friday. I put that up on our stories. So you should be following us on Instagram at Rod Ryan Show. But there's another line open seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five. It's open Phones Friday.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative all Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back, everybody. You can't wait to get some more of your phone calls. It is open Phones Friday. Every phone line is stacked as of right now. Keep trying to call. I'm gonna get to everybody that's on the phones with me right now. But first online, it's Alix Online ninety four to five, The muzz Dude. A lot of people waiting. All right, I'll hurry. This is a pretty easy one. It's called how Far Along, And you're going to see how far along in the year. We are put into different contexts, like in a ninety minute soccer match, we would be in the twenty eighth minute in a forty hour work week. It's one thirty four pm on a Tuesday. Oh, that's where we are in the year. That's interesting. With a marathon, we'd have eighteen point two miles left to go. Who sent you this? The Wizard? No, I just found it.
Speaker 4: I try and find weird websites. This is a good one, dumbled across. But go to the hobbit. In the Hobbit, we would Bilbo would be out of the frying pan, but into the try.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. Oh I never saw those.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then it'll even show you that got a flight from London to New York you would be, and it'll show you where on the math you would. My god, So go check it out, see how far along we are, and then you can check it every single day at the Weapon's Ride.
Speaker 2: Ryan trip it at the buzz dot Com.
Speaker 11: I like it.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, here we go, got Dylan on the phone, Dylan, good morning, good morning. Are you in the Cactus Cove Crawfish cookoff Throng, Yes, sir, we are.
Speaker 19: Our team name is Bourbonson Barley. We actually got third in the gumbo competition earlier this year. Yeah, just trying to call and get everybody to come out.
Speaker 2: Man, what sets your crawfish apart from everyone else? Oh?
Speaker 19: I can't give away my secrets. But we are making a Cajun Asian crawfish style.
Speaker 2: Oh really, okay? What is Asian style crawfish.
Speaker 19: It's gonna be more fruits, a bit of sweet, and then the Cajun is going to be hot and spicy.
Speaker 2: But we like the depth of the Asian. Okay, that sounds like I'll leave that alone. If I was Chili, I would have jumped on that. If I was Chili, I would have jumped on that would have I would have had ten things ready to go, and they are ready to go. I still have it. I actually have a headache. I want to say them, but I'm not going to. I'm gonna leave it there. Dylan, good luck tomorrow. What time do you need to be there like the cooking teams.
Speaker 19: Oh, I'll be there about eight eight thirty in the morning to begin setting up. We don't start until noon.
Speaker 2: I believe a little pineapple in there. What are you using?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 19: Common apples, mangoes, blood, oranges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thank you dude. Good luck to you tomorrow, Alex and Chili, you'll come see you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, Hey Ron, Good morning Alex.
Speaker 2: Good morning to you, sir. You're on open phones Friday. What would you like to promote?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Richard Gill's Always Can Always Wheel. My daughter plays at the School of Rock over in clear Lake. Yep, she's gonna be jamming again this weekend at J and M Jade Barr M downtown to Barbecue Plate.
Speaker 2: Mmm.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be doing a set. She's gonna be playing in three different bands. One's a British Invasion, the second one is gonna be a new wave band, and then the third one's gonna be a Michael Jackson versus Prince God.
Speaker 2: I remember my parents calling the radio station when I had gigs when I was a young kid. I remember my parents calling the radio station and like telling the world that their son was playing this weekend. God, I just I beamed with pride when they did that. They never did that. Rick calls and gives us his kids like tour itinerary every week. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Her name's Arianna.
Speaker 2: That's so great. Rick, You're awesome. You're doing it right. God, I had to get my kid on an instrument immediately. Big Lou, Good morning. What's up?
Speaker 8: Ride?
Speaker 2: What's up? Big Lou? How are you? I'm good man? Hey, I'm calling talking about social security. Oh yeah, nothing's gonna keep people listening to this radio station like a social security call.
Speaker 17: Go Lou, I've been I've been hearing that my whole life. And you know I'm thirty days from being eligible to start drawing my SOLFI security at one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 17: But here's the crazy thing.
Speaker 5: I looked at it.
Speaker 17: How much money I put in? How much my employers put in benefit that I'm drawing. I will draw all my money out in seven years.
Speaker 2: So are you retiring? Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait are you retiring?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 13: No, I'm not retiring.
Speaker 2: Okay do you have to know I don't know work. Do you have to be retired to get your Social security or do you just get it at a certain age?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 17: My target date was sixty six and eight months and that that that's one hundred percent. I can work and make as much money as I want and still draw myself security, living the good.
Speaker 2: Life, Love it, Big Loose I love a big lose. It was actually a pretty decent call about social security. Uh Grayson, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning, brother Ron.
Speaker 2: What's up? Dude? Are you in one of the Are you in one of the bands that is up for bringing on Buzzfest? I am, and that's what I'm here to talk about today. You're in three h seven departure, right, sir, Yes, sir, dude, it's locked in here, man, it's locked in still. Okay, Well, congratulations for getting to this part of the competition. I think there's about thirty five of you out there. Why should you open up Buzfest? Why should you in three h seven departure open?
Speaker 20: Well, this is our third year in the contest. We've been at this, you know, five or six years. We've been doing the hometown for the holidays every year. We've been in this contest every year. We just want to show everybody what we got, you know, and it's it's a dream opportunity for these local bands to come through and open for these great bands.
Speaker 2: What band that is on the bill would you be most excited about sharing the stage with? Is there one band that it's above and beyond everybody?
Speaker 20: I love Chevelle Yeah, like it's one of the that's one of my personal favorites. Yeah, and I grew up, you know, listening to Marilyn Manson. He's been on this radio station plenty of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so listen. I wish you the best. Tell everybody to vote for you.
Speaker 20: Go, thank you, and I vote for three oh seven. Go up to the contests and promotions. Go to the local band voting. We're top the list because that's that's the benefit of having numbers in your name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're alphabetically listed. You're right, that's good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, go watch our video.
Speaker 20: Go, you know, go subscribe on our YouTube channel as well. But go buy tickets for Buzzfest. Come support all of these bands. We've played with a lot of them.
Speaker 2: They're all great.
Speaker 9: If we don't win it, we know that there will.
Speaker 2: Be a great band opening Busters this year. I say this every time I talk to one of you guys or gals in the local bands. The support that you guys have for one another that didn't exist when I was out there. It was so cutthroat. Everybody was frenemies. Everybody Again, you guys, at least you'll put on a good front for me. But I believe it to be true that you guys are so support of one another in the music community. It's the way it should be. I wish it was always that way, but it is in that and I think you guys are all doing it right. Good luck to you by thank you.
Speaker 20: Thank you, and I want to thank you and you know, the radio Wizard everyone at the Buzz for you know, bringing this contest back this year.
Speaker 2: We're all very excited. So listen. We don't know we want to be. We want to be sitting on the next massive band, you know what I mean. I would love credit. Oh my god, the Buzz discovered these guys. Don't you think we want that on our resume? Of course we do. Oh absolutely, all right, be that band.
Speaker 11: We're working on it.
Speaker 8: We'll try it, We'll try it.
Speaker 2: This will help a lot, all right, dude, Good luck to you and write hit songs. Chris, you're next up on Open Phones. Good morning, all right, good moving on? How you so great man? What do you got for Open Phones?
Speaker 13: Nothing?
Speaker 6: I much. I'm just going to promote a show that we have for tomorrow. We're actually playing a town metalfest tomorrow at BFF.
Speaker 2: There's a metal fest at BF tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna be cool. It's gonna have really good band like Heartsak Memory, Writing with Killers, a bunch of metal bands that are amazing. We play with them. They're amazing people as well. Our band, our band, Suffering in Silence is actually playing tomorrow. We play at seventy to fifteen. So if you guys can make it out, come out and very high, and we're gonna put on an amazing Joe.
Speaker 2: What a busy weekend. Thanks Chris, Thank you. Suffering in Silence is his band. Open Phones, Yeah, plug the hell out of your stuff. Okay, it's four. I got people paying top dollar for this kind of airtime, okay, and I'm giving her away for free. Open Phones Friday. It's another line open seven one three.
Speaker 15: Show.
Speaker 2: I'm pooped. What the Buzz? Ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on. I want to I don't want to waste any more time. I mean listen. Don't get me wrong, Jolly row is not a waste of time. But I want to get back over to your calls. It's Open Phones Friday. Ooh ooh, Donna, I want to hear about Donna's Donna's got a pretty good weekend. Hey, hey, Donna, tell everybody where you're going this weekend.
Speaker 12: We're going to see Lincoln Park in Austin.
Speaker 2: Damn, Okay, I'm going to read you. The pressure's on because I just got an email from Sam. You're not with Sam, are you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: All right? Sam said, just want to let you know me and the wife we're going to ATX this weekend to see Lincoln Park. I will send you all some pics. I got my homeroom shirt ready. I got my twentieth anniversary hat to match. Hope you and the twins have an awesome weekend. You're doing the same thing that Sam and his wife are doing. It's you were smart enough to get tickets to go see Lincoln Park. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I've had them for a couple months.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: It's my husband's birthday today and my daughter turns twelve on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: The three of you are going, four of us me.
Speaker 12: It's the whole family, my husband, me, my daughter and my son.
Speaker 2: Has the twelve year old been to a show like this before?
Speaker 12: No, it will be her first concert, first.
Speaker 2: Concert Lincoln Park. That reminds me when I was a young kid, well, my parents stuffed into the rock. No, it never happened. You're awesome, Donna. Would you please snap some photographs and share with us on Monday? Maybe little concert review?
Speaker 12: Yes, I will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to follow up email with some picks. I mean, you, the kids, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I actually won with Jeremy for the one in Dallas and me and my husband win. And I did send you pictures when we went.
Speaker 2: You've already seen them. Yeah, Jesus Christ, you're seeing Lincoln Park twice with this new regime. I haven't seen them once yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: We have a pretty busy schedule this year and May I won bus Fest tickets.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 12: And then I'm going to Metallica on June as well.
Speaker 2: You won tickets to Metallica?
Speaker 12: No, I bought them.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm like Jesus Christ, what are you doing over there? All right? Listen, Donna, have a great time. Can't wait to hear your review. Okay, thank you, thank you, Thank you so much much. Donna, appreciate the share. And Sam, you and your wife have a good time. Thank you for representing the rod Ryan Show. Sounds like he's all geared up for the concert. Wearing our stuff. Jim, you're next up on Open Phones. Good morning, Good morning, Jimmy, Good morning to you. How are you?
Speaker 13: I'm doing great, man, Good talking to you, guys.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you. What do you want to talk about? You're on the air for Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 13: Hey man, appreciate the opportunity. My wife and I just celebrated our fiftieth anniversary a week ago and just wanted to share that with everybody.
Speaker 2: Dude, that all right, Jim. What's your wife's name? Her name is Sandy. Cindy's the important one here. She's the glue that's holding this whole thing together. Am I right on that? You got it?
Speaker 13: Buddy. We're really really happy with that accomplishment, and I just want to encourage everyone to try to work together and set a goal and go for it, and maybe one day you'll be able to celebrate fifty like we do.
Speaker 2: Can you can I ask you? I had two questions for you. Can I ask you how old you are?
Speaker 13: I'm sixty nine?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nice? Nineteen years old? The guy gets married, he's still with her and will listen. What could you possibly what kind of celebration would equal the accomplishment of fifty years. Did you do something special to mark the occasion.
Speaker 13: Well, we had a little party with some friends and family, and then my wife and I drove out to Fredericksburg and spent the weekend up there and had a great time and went out to eat and drank some good wine and all that. Yeah, and it was just a great time.
Speaker 2: I bet it was, dude, Yeah, Jim Cindy Right, congratulations, guys, that's amazing.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much, and you guys have a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you you too. Fifty years married? Wow? Oh he's sixty nine, by the way. Yeah, nice, nice Edgar. Edgar is on Egg's way to college station. I believe right, Yeah, sir.
Speaker 9: We're my team and I were participing in Texas MS one fifty this weekend.
Speaker 2: Did we go through the whole show and not mention the MS one fifty this weekend? I didn't even know what was happening. I'm sorry, you're kidding. Okay, how many times have you done it?
Speaker 9: This will be my fifth year doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a sickness. You're a weirdo. Okay. I know that you probably know more about the weather than the weather people on TV right now, it's not so much the weather. It looks like you're going to be okay, what about the winds. It seems like everyone that talks about the MS one fifty says there's always a head wind. Well, this year we got in luck.
Speaker 9: We're going to have a tailwind coming from the south, so it's going to be in our favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he needs that wind map of yours. Oh yeah, but.
Speaker 9: The people, the people that are cycling from Austin, they're going to get hit nothing by head wind.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So you have your option of starting in different locations.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they split it up two locations since I'm not a Houston rounding out of actually, Katie, okay from there.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck to you. You've done it before. You know what to expect. You're a weirdo. Yes, but I love it for doing it. You guys raise so much money and so much awareness. I think it's an awesome thing. You know, people have said, Rod, would you ever want to do that? I don't know that little seat my ass, dude, I don't know how you guys do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Our Hykling team we're one of the best party cycling teams there is what.
Speaker 2: Will you when do you arrive?
Speaker 20: When?
Speaker 2: When is the one fifty over on Sunday? Yes, sir, so you got to come back. Is that hot bath that you take with the EPSTM salt just the greatest thing in the world. Oh yeah, and the.
Speaker 9: Beer after the free beer from the free beer from Carbark especially.
Speaker 2: Okay, this guy's partying too afterwards. That's good, bro. Good luck to you and your team. All right, what do you have a team name?
Speaker 9: Yes, we're Liquor Wood Bike Crew.
Speaker 2: Nice moves with these guys. Nice. I love it all right, dude, thank you, Thank you so much. Kelly's been on hold the longest. Kelly. Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Kelly, open phone Friday. It looks like you're gonna wrap it up for us. What do you got?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted to give a shout out to an artist that you introduced us to, Rebecca Molander.
Speaker 9: Follow Your Follow You by Rebecca.
Speaker 3: And she did a painting for me that incorporated my child's ashes into the painting. And I got to pick it up. I got to pick it up last Friday, and it's it's beautiful and I love it and I love her and I just wanted to give her a shout out. She's going through some stuff, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah she is. And I can't imagine the pressure on her something so important that you're going through and you chose her to do the painting. She works well under that kind of pressure. I don't know how she does it, but she does. And she really made something nice for you. I saw it online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she did. I bought her first painting.
Speaker 2: And we've met before. I know exactly who Kelly is. Yes, she bought her very first painting. She's the one that made her an artist, like a professional working artist. She bought her first painting after being on the show.
Speaker 3: And that painting brings me so much peace that I just I knew that she was going to be the only one that could do it.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. That's the beauty of it. When I look at a painting, I say it all the time, I took art class in college and all of that stuff, I can't tell you what I like about it. If a painting, if I look at it and it just brings some sort of a feeling to me, I can't tell you what those is. I cannot articulate the things that it's doing and anything about the painting itself, It just it does that to me. And that's all I look for in a painting. So and that's a lot of Rebecca stuff. Does that?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes it does?
Speaker 9: Super talented.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the best. All right, Hilly tells me, you gotta go to the phones, but I gotta wrap it up. You're gonna get me in trouble. Dude, what do you got? Check line four? Dude, you see what time it is? You just said? He's off the same boss as me. Uh, he set me up here for something online four. It says sheetza is online four? Hello, how are you? Who is this?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 21: This is and I'm sending your krings from the lid of the wooden shoes and the woodmills.
Speaker 2: Now guess where I'm at Netherlands, Holland. Yeah, yeah, hey dude, what's up?
Speaker 5: You got?
Speaker 4: You got?
Speaker 2: You got?
Speaker 21: You got one alternative radio station here but they call it.
Speaker 2: And then, oh well, we can't swear on the air in the man, so you gotta be careful what you say.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 21: Sorry, that's the difference between there in a year.
Speaker 13: My apologies for all this.
Speaker 2: Next, what time is it in the Netherlands.
Speaker 13: It's about four thirty and a pm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's Friday over there. So what are you doing tonight?
Speaker 21: Well, we have something called King's Day here, okay, and tomorrow or we've got now is King's Night and tomorrow is King's Day because our King billam Alexander is birthday is well not actually tomorrow, but it's been celebrated around this date.
Speaker 2: For you, what do you do to sound? Does it involved Does it involve drinking and eating and those types of things?
Speaker 21: Yeah, and big carn falls in the city and bands playing and well not good bands, but music.
Speaker 1: Nonetheless, it's busy like.
Speaker 21: Heckfire out there.
Speaker 2: Well listen, I know I'm say it wrong. Just don't be a stranger. Call us back and I'll try to get you on a little sooner because I have a million questions for you. Man. That's fascinating that you're listening on the iHeart app that far away on the other side of the planet. That's so cool morning. I love hearing from him. All right, Sorry, I couldn't give you more time. I do have to take a break. Thank you, Chilly. On the On the flip of this break, I gotta rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. And then I got tickets to go see the Struts in Dirty Honey, So stay right there.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Okay, guys, we got one last bit of business to get to. It is know the show, and I've got tickets to go see. We'll give me the music. Long here week go all right, great rock concert, Struts and Dirty Honey. What a night? What a night? September twenty fifth, House of Blues tickets are available now. To get into that show on us, you gotta go through, Alex. What's your question? What artists did we talk about today?
Speaker 4: The just released there one hundred and fifty fourth studio album.
Speaker 2: It's unbelieva incredible. You can't wrap my head around it. Yeah, it's Wild one and ninety fourth album out today, one hundred and fifty four. Thank you, seven, one, three, two and two five ninety four five. If you know the show, switch Foot Meant to Live ninety four to five to the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Going out with Sweet Foot is always a good thing. Thank you so much for having us on. Oh, I guess we've got a couple of things here, do this, okay, I'm ready to go to the phones. Here, let's wrap it up, peas now time for I Know the Show on ninety four five The buzz l Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, well Hello? Who is this? Hiw Leanna? Hi, Leanna, welcome. You're on No the Show. I know it's a big deal. Alex is right there. He's scary. Oh my god, Oh my god. Alex is on the phone too. Jesus Chili didn't tell me Alex was going to be there. Alex has to be there because this is not the show, and he's got the question for you. So it's Leanna, say hi to Alex. Hi. Yi, Hello, what's your question? Alexhi?
Speaker 5: Leanna?
Speaker 4: What artists did we talk about today? They just released their one hundred and fifty fourth studio album.
Speaker 2: Will you know it?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you knew it all along? What are you playing? Playing like you're nervous over there?
Speaker 8: You knew?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Good.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you tickets to go see the Struts and Dirty. Oh this is dirty honey. Right here, I'm going to give you Dirty Honey Struts tickets September twenty fifth, House of Blues. Everyone else has to go to ticket Master to get tickets.
Speaker 3: Not you.
Speaker 2: You got them. Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you, Leanna. Thanks for listening. I want you to have the best weekend ever. Okay, you too, thank you, thank you you. This is what she's going to see Dirty Honey. Oh they're so good, they're so good.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: Can we got a cow bell? Yeah, we got a cow bell? Fair I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. I got a fever and the only prescription is small cow bell. Okay, that's it. We gotta go. I want to thank our friends over at the four Ben Fairgrounds. Well, it's actually the Asian Versus Cajun Crawfish Cookoff peeps that are holding this amazing event at the four Ben Fairgrounds. We gave away VIP passes all morning long. You can get in for thirty five dollars. It's all you can eat Asian versus Cagun Cookoff Cookoff. Now you and chili are also everyone's eating crawfish with me this weekend where you be.
Speaker 4: We are going to be at Cactus Cove. Come on, It's awesome. It's going to be from noon to five. Chile and I are scheduled to be at different three to five. I know I'm going to get there a little early because I want to party with my twin. We don't get to hang out very often outside of work, so we're gonna get to do that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Come say hi, come hang out, Come have a beer with us, Come eat some awesome crawfish. Yeah, Cactus Cove Houston dot com to pre order your wristbands. Get him there. It's going to be a lot of fun. Hello, Jerry's going to be back on with us on Monday. As he made it win number three today, he'll be going for win number four, freshout a band, head to head. We'll pick that up right where we left off. This guy's been playing lights out. I don't know about what we're giving away, but I do know that all week long we gave away those three eleven tickets and meeting the band. China was the one that got upgraded to the box seat. So congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to anyone that called the radio station for any number of silly reasons playing games with us or doing anything. Thank you to anyone that looked at it any of our social media at Rod Ryan's show. It's a big deal and I love you for it. But the most important thing, and I should have led with it, is just thank you for listening. Anybody that spent any amount of time at all listening to this radio show this week. I know I speak for Chili and Alex when I say thank you so much, thank you for spending a little time with us in the morning. We realize there's a lot of choices in the morning. Those choices mostly suck, so we're just like the least suckiest thing out there. So thank you for choosing us. You thought I was gonna say something nice and then I go and ruin.
Speaker 8: It like that.
Speaker 2: All right. Jeremy Benson is up next. Jeremy is gonna be the one that's gonna be hosting things out at the Fort Bend Party this weekend, So he's got a busy, busy weekend. I'm sure he'll be talking about that. I yeah, what are you doing, Rod, I'm going to see ac DC in Las Vegas? Twenty seven hours in Vegas, in and out, in and out, and I'm gonna work at a little ac DC in there, and I'm dragging Captain cash. That's awesome. I was here when you did that. Yeah, like I get him involved. He's like, thanks doing for costing thousands of dollars. Yeah, we're going. We're gonna go see ac DC this weekend, so i'll take some pictures as well. Who's got six picks? Chillie does? Oh he does, Yes, he does, Yes, he does. Be sure did you had it last week? No, I'm not sure. Chili Chili, who's got six picks? He's like, hey, man, I don't care, it's not me.
Speaker 12: Do you know.
Speaker 2: It'll be the Cleans weekend twins week? No one of you has six picks. Yeah, it's one of us, but since we're twins, will do them all in one. So yeah, you're right, we'll just be an all sick pictures. Yeah, and then next week it'll be robestern As. I'm saying, you're trying to rule out one of you so that you bumped me up to next week. Don't blame us, don't blame us. Well, I'll take some pictures at ac DC. Guys, have a great weekend. Everybody. Jeremy Benson is up next. Good luck to all of those bands. Go and vote on the bands to bring on Buzzfest. Okay, that's it. Have a great weekend. Hey, well wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.