Speaker 1: Streamy Live on the Ihearts Radio while this is I on the Ball with Steve Rovera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to four o'clock hour. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Tim Bentley, sitting in for my other co hosts who are not on Fridays, and we got one with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball, Breaking News on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Happy Friday to everyone out there, yours truly mister goody two shoes back on a Friday, first time in two weeks. Yeah, that was, Like I said, I was the only last Friday. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: You stayed in your dorm or you don't do it now I was.
Speaker 3: I was at home just crying myself to sleep. Honest, what should I do? Nothing to say nothing? I had to do breaking news to my dog.
Speaker 5: He just lolled over and confused.
Speaker 6: You told him your dog your picks and he's like, whatever, You're still gonna lose money.
Speaker 3: He told me that was a bad pick. But starting breaking news off with some Arizona athletics. The women's basketball team got off to another good start yesterday. Charlettan State came to town. They won. Arizona team won sixty two to thirty nine. They were helped a lot by their bench last night.
Speaker 2: Who who's the great the very good player? I don't say great that. I guess she did play much. I said that. Some people on Facebook or Twitter were asking why was she so down or something? Was it a dude of a short last name Montana do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she just she had gotten injured when she first came here. Sheoul supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Right good, right, right, She's like a highly recruited athlete. Yeah, didn't play much last year because of injury.
Speaker 3: Because because of the injury. Yeah, but I mean she scored her first ONEKAY with Arizona, right, Okay, so they were just happy to see that, you know, she coming off an injury. I think I think it was some sort of a c l M c O one of the one of those league injuries. So does your back scoring for the Rockist it was pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That could be devastating, man, especially at that level, because you're coming into a program and you're you're you know, you're destined to be great in your mind, and you hope and then that happens, and it can just be crushing and then everybody's moving ahead of you and you feel, you know, it's just an uphill battle.
Speaker 3: Mean Ray Smith, right, Yeah, became to Arizona. He was supposed to be a really highly thought of player. Injury after injury and kind of lost in the shuffle, but fans still appreciated its. It was good to see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean back in the day, I mean in our day, that Shawn Elliott, you know, blew out his knee and I thought that's it.
Speaker 5: Back in nineteen eighty well six or seven, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Steve Ker goes to the goes to Europe place forms or whatever it was, and and it gets hurt, gets you know, it gets hurt in Europe, and you think, you know, he's done. He's told he was done, I think, and comes back and kind of changes the course changed the course of Arizona basketball exactly.
Speaker 6: That was that was fortuitous timing. So yeah, especially at that level, you know, you those kids, they come in with high expectations and it can just be crushing.
Speaker 3: Two women's volleyball they play today number eight Kansas six o'clock. Arizona's lost four straight. They haven't want to set since their Thursday game at Utah last week.
Speaker 4: Is this a regular season game?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So the tournament's coming up pretty soon, isn't it the postseason? In fact, I was going to try to reach out to the coach and maybe talk to the players or so. I didn't realize they had lost four straight because comparatively they had been they've been doing better last year, but now they're sliding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think a little bit of the confidence has been shot, trying to find their mode, and then they're going up against a good competition, you know, the last were going with today.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, what a second? Let me let me evaluate that statement of yours, because it hit me.
Speaker 4: You think they're.
Speaker 2: Confident is shot? And what confidence shot?
Speaker 4: They're playing? They're just playing a bit of better teams.
Speaker 2: Could you could you apply that to the ASOL You knew where I was going with this, to the Arizona football team. I mean, honestly, their confidence is shot and and they're just not not up to the task. But once your confidence is gone, it's gone.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter sport. I mean, it's we've been talking.
Speaker 6: We're talking about you know, the basketball, We've been talking about running and football.
Speaker 2: But no one's no one said that. I mean till now you said it for over here. Why wouldn't applay overtly applies. You're exactly right. It's it's it's that that confidence is gone.
Speaker 4: It is gone.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're a coach now as a coach, and I heard this two weeks ago, and I thought it's brilliant. Aren't coaches problem solvers? It's like a parent. It's like a parent. Juan is suffering a problem. He's sick, he's ill, he's got guess who comes to the rescue mom? And dad isn't he Isn't the coach a problem solver?
Speaker 5: Problem solver? Uh?
Speaker 6: Psychologist? Yes, buyer of pizza when I was you know, all.
Speaker 2: The find a wa way. So now let's put those confidence to the football team. Shouldn't you have a problem solver?
Speaker 5: We used to.
Speaker 6: I don't know how you ap play this to football or but we used when I was coaching cross country track, we would after a bad race or something like that, we would I would design a specific workout that I knew that they would crush and I didn't tell them to get their confidence back, and you know, hit their times and all those things, and it's you know, if I was one of those coaches, I would have a workout where those kids could excel and feel great and design it that way. And I know that they're like, oh, these guys got to step up, these ladies got to step up. But sometimes you just got to take it right back down and let them, you know, crush something.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, I mean, uh five, four out of their last five games are gonna be going up against ranked teams. See if they can pull off the upset. Tonight. Looking ahead to tomorrow, Man's basketball takes on Old Dominion their second game of the season, two o'clock tip off. We'll see what they look like for a second game. Should be a good showing.
Speaker 2: This next stretcher of what they play Saturday, and then they wait again for Wisconsin right Friday, next Friday, and then and then next Friday.
Speaker 4: Duke. Yeah, where's the Duke game again?
Speaker 5: Well, you have tickets, you want to buy some?
Speaker 2: There're in the thousands right now that I'm married an arm and a leg, yes, artery.
Speaker 4: I don't want my arms my.
Speaker 8: Legs, that's yeah, sell your soul for tickets to Duke. Muh so, yeah, I mean see what they look like on Saturday, going to more college college basketball.
Speaker 3: There were sports today of Florida's head coach Todd Golden being investigated on certain violations and allegations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is he being investigated?
Speaker 2: They say that because I know that the school paper reported that he had done this, but there was no comment from either side.
Speaker 3: Uh, it does say he's being investigated, the from the alligator of the school.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I mean I see it. I see it on ESPN right now, so I'm sure I'm s legit at this point. We'll see what happens with that. There. There's seasons just getting off to the start. But even with the season getting off to start, you know, we got some big time matchups today. Number one Kansas taking on North Carolina five o'clock tonight. Good game right away, should be good.
Speaker 6: I love that I lived in Kansas for a bit. I'm from there and going to Allen Field House. Yeah, and I don't I don't know where that game is right now as it is, it is electric, but also just you know the sense of history that's there. It's amazing that crowd knows basketball. It's you know, you've ague Allen Field House. You know, Dookie's North Carolina those all those fans are are are well educated and in tune fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've been there a few times, well, three times, a few, three times a few.
Speaker 5: One was for several at several there.
Speaker 2: For candy Gate, remember that candidated episode, and Sean and the leamst Myers, uh second half surgeon beat them up there.
Speaker 5: No, it's a it's a great place to Yeah, it's a great game.
Speaker 4: Where are you from, Kansas?
Speaker 5: Which talk Kansas?
Speaker 2: I love clean to me. It's a clean city like Tulsa.
Speaker 5: Tulsa right there in the Midwest.
Speaker 6: And then I was I managed cold as all hell. Oh it is, and it is. It is hurricane alley man and a tornado alley, and it feels like a hurricane sometimes, but tornado alley.
Speaker 5: And then I lived in Topeka. I managed TV station out there.
Speaker 4: What the heck are you do it a here?
Speaker 2: Well? And in fact I was going to play baseball well, recruit a little least small school out and I won't even say where. But it was the coldest I've ever been in those snow drifts. Holy moly, listen.
Speaker 6: I lived out there, and the first year I moved there, it's Topeka. It was the it was the one hundred hundredth one hundred year coldest winter, you know, one of those things. And then the next year beat that. And I was married and my wife said, we are out of here, and we came back here.
Speaker 5: So you can always come back, I promise.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just don't go where it's cold.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't mind the cold, to be honest. I like I like hoodies. I like the hides, the layers for me, so it works for me being in the cold. Uh So, New York Sports Book breaked in record two point three billion in bets in October. It was the record as far as month New York sports.
Speaker 4: New York sperts. Okay, so so Jay didn't have any contribution to that. It's New York. It's not like Draft King.
Speaker 3: It was just a new monthly record for any state. So if you were in New York, you're more than likely betting those.
Speaker 4: Jets J E. T.
Speaker 5: S Jets when I went.
Speaker 6: When I flew into New York, I was on Halloween and they were playing and I could see it when I was flying in, and I must have been.
Speaker 5: The good luck churn because oh yeah, you what was the other one?
Speaker 6: Minnesota Vice's ride the wave.
Speaker 5: When I show up, you know you mind going to Denver quick? I'm in, Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Half My college friends are from Denver and they just they're always like Bentley, you got to get up here.
Speaker 3: There we go, help us out there you go.
Speaker 4: It's San Antonio Spurs news.
Speaker 3: Victor wen Binyanima said that the Spurs should be expecting Great Papovich back soon. He's been dealing with the health issue, but as far as the Wemby and the Spurs go, they're not worried about anything. They should see him back soon. On the sideline, all the best to him. But even with Papovich being out, they are gaining a player in Devin Vassel. He's making his season debut Saturday. Very young player that they're high on and been marketing for San Antonio fans, making his debut on Saturday. Some injury news, Pelicans Jordan Hawkins to miss one to two weeks with the backstrain this seventy six Ers guard Tyrese Max he expected to miss a couple of weeks with a right hamstring injury. He'll be re evaluated in one week. As far as games, the goal last night The Bucks got their second win of the season against the Jazz. A little bit of a slow start for them. Spurs beat the Trailblazers, looking at four and five for them. But tonight got some good matchups the Warriors seven to one, going up against the Cavaliers who are undefeated. I know, Okay and Son's visiting the Mavericks. Pretty good rivalry right there. Six and row Sons won six in a row. They beat the Heat on Wednesday. I was actually got that game. So they look good.
Speaker 4: You went there. Yeah, we're fronting Featings.
Speaker 3: Yeah look good. Uh to the NFL.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Some injury updates here and there. A cornerback for the Commanders, Marshall Lottimore, won't play as well as their running back Brian Robinson. He said, did not practice in preparation for Sunday's game, so he's more unluckily gonna be missing the Sunday's game. The Jets are gonna start their third kicker in three games against the Cardinals. I'm not sure how much of an impact that will have. We'll see.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: They're going to beat the Cardinals and the Colts have ruled out Michael Pittman Junior with a back issue going up against the Bills this week. Lens are also ensure if Darius Smith will make his debut versus the Texans Sunday Night football, and the Jagguars will be without their starting quarterback trip for Lawrence. They're going to start Max Jones against the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Okay, another victory for your Vikings.
Speaker 9: It looks like they've been on a street since i've uh, since I kicked them kicked him off on that early September, So you know, I'm taking full credit for that.
Speaker 5: I want to tell you too, we've been talking about cross country.
Speaker 6: So the men and women uh competed last weekend at the Big twelve Championships. The men finished ninth and then women finished sixteenth. It wasn't a great day. It looks like some of the runners were out and a little bit injured. But next week they go to the regional, the NCAA Regional Championships up in Colfax, Washington.
Speaker 5: And if the men you know.
Speaker 6: Placed well cross country and some of those sports, you know, it's an individual effort, but they score it collectively. If you can get you know, five of your guys into the you know, into some good scoring ranges, in the top you know, fifty, you can make a run for the make it to the national championships. But BYU won both and they're they're just incredible. The by A cross country teams. They they are like the feeder system for the for the pros, the runners of all those guys Olympic teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, last thing I have. I like to just usually end on a little funky no fun note. Alabama LSU play. It's always a big time game usually for LSU. They're gonna have their live tiger back on the sideline this weekend.
Speaker 5: Isn't they really? That was against a lot. It was like animal cruelty.
Speaker 3: I believe so. But the Louisiana governor said it was good to go or the.
Speaker 5: Mayor proclamation, so it's not illegal for this one game.
Speaker 4: This game, I guess you you can smoke.
Speaker 2: But for this one time and be okay with it. We're not going to rest you.
Speaker 6: It's the exemption, as the got the reprieve from the governor.
Speaker 5: Yes, take the live tiger.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about live mask? Do you have any have no care to me? It's like uniforms. Ye, well they looked good.
Speaker 4: Shut up.
Speaker 2: They lost by twenty fifty. You know, oh you do know how I feel about that? Look good, play good. Well, they haven't played good, so they don't. It doesn't matter, doesn't matter how you look.
Speaker 3: I saw.
Speaker 4: I kind of felt that this season with Arizona. You know they yeah right right.
Speaker 3: I said, well, they've lost every game with any new helmet, so I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that batters, right. Yeah, that brings another point, Jay another all these guys, y know, you look good, play good, shut up, give me a gunny sack.
Speaker 6: Just play well, play well, play well, don't execute execute well.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you rather have that than what you're seeing? Hey, let's go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get ahold of Jush Pastner last time. We're got to like four minute break here.
Speaker 4: Yeah for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll get us to seventeen. We'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nation wide keyword on our website.
Speaker 4: Credit. That's credit.
Speaker 1: Enter it right now, Fox sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 5: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy.
Speaker 1: And excitement From the latest lots and table games to award winning dining to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 4: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 10: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucsone.
Speaker 5: Are you ready enterprise? So Fasca Yuki trye.
Speaker 11: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 11: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about doratle Rocky Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Doronto Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five to two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 5: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 12: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 13: School and a fall sports season are in full stride. Time to get that special student athlete a creative.
Speaker 4: Award for his or her efforts they are deserving.
Speaker 13: It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a crisp looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products ding your school or Corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season for over one.
Speaker 3: Thousand fun items to.
Speaker 13: Choose froom, come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street.
Speaker 4: And Nova home Loans.
Speaker 14: We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpei is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven arizon A b k Ninez two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, Got to commitment to Lyndrix, Syncredit, greates and available loan programs or such a change the don't.
Speaker 4: Notice Did you know?
Speaker 13: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at start or expand your collection, showtime cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, We've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games.
Speaker 4: From rare fines to the latest releases. Showtime ca Cards has it all.
Speaker 13: Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere shruh Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 12: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score. You can borrow better with Peerramid. For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 15: Gut bugs, termites, fees or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. That's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpast dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Want to build your business better? There's no better place than the Arizona Business Networking Conference December tenth through the twelfth at Casino del So. Meet thirty five premier speakers, including newa All American Ricky Huntley, Hall of Fame coach, Mike Hendrea, CEOs and more. Expand your professional network, explore new opportunities and learn from industry leaders. Get your tickets at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 4: Once again.
Speaker 2: That's at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 1: Streamy live on the iHeartRadio AB. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to WY on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, east Tim Bentley, you're Juan and I think I think we have mister Josh Pastor in in the show or on the phone. Josh, Yeah, he's he's holdly. I think he had to get something done. We'll keep him there for a second. He can come in anytime, right, so I'll just text him right, just hold him there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Josh Passner is is a is a u of a legend. We were talking about it earlier and when I worked at the No.
Speaker 4: Don't, don't don't because we want him to.
Speaker 5: Don't don't don't You want you want me to remind him?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, what he says, Yeah, I remember because he like remembers everything.
Speaker 4: So we'll see all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 5: He was a fan favorite, you know if.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, great, Thank you, Josh. I hope you're doing well, Josh, one of my favorite guys. You know that. Uh you getting ready for hoop season?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right around the corner. I actually was doing a game last week and and you know, back.
Speaker 16: Back at it.
Speaker 7: We'll be back in the thick of things for this year, working for different networks ESPN, Turner, CBS Sports Network, NBC, Peacock. So yeah, excited to do it and hopefully next spring if see how things go, hope we get back on the sidelines to coach again.
Speaker 4: I know you're itching to do that.
Speaker 2: I know you're itching to do that, but you also have a nice gig what you're doing.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean, I don't really have loved the television. Television has been outstanding. It's a great I've.
Speaker 16: Loved it, loved it every second of it. The people that.
Speaker 7: I've met, the preparation, and so it's a great gig. It's a great job. And that's why, you know, before I want to go back into coaching, it's got to be the right opportunity for me to leave the the awesome opportunities that I have currently. So we'll see how it happens in the spring. Just taking it one day at a time. But I do know this. The Cats had a great win on Monday. I know they play Old Dominion ODU tomorrow and their big contest will be next Friday night, which I'll be in studio, which is on Peacock, Arizona, Wisconsin, next Friday night, I'll be in studio for that.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 5: That's nice, Josh.
Speaker 6: This is Tim Bentley and you and I go way back. I was telling Steve the story. It might have been the first year you were coaching for Luke maybe night was that ninety eight or ninety nine when you were coaching down there. We did the Red Blue Game and you played with the coaches, the u of A coaches against the Tucson media teams John Jay and Rich and the team from the WB and you drained down probably like four or five threes and thirteen thousand people are going crazy.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: I do remember that, and that was my playing the fame as I could shoot the ball. But if I was able to play against a Tucson media as my competition, I would have been playing in the NBA.
Speaker 9: The issue is.
Speaker 16: I was playing against high level players day in day out.
Speaker 5: Listen, I tell you I had.
Speaker 6: I had a triple single that night, Josh, I had like I had like five points, one rebound in six fouls.
Speaker 5: It's the highlight of my life too. So let me tell you it was an amazing night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 6: You're you're talking about you're talking about coaching, and we've been talking about players leaving and you you were in the loudolcen era. Coaches on the UVA are players on the u A football team leaving in this nil era? You know what did what did players? What was the mood on the team? When players would leave. I mean, it's when you were in the Wildcats.
Speaker 7: Well you can't, you can't. You can't compare the time when I was playing at Arizona or coaching at Arizona's now and it's just totally different time period because because of the NIL, because of the transfer portal, things are totally different now. But but let me just say this. You know, look twenty years ago, a decade ago, fifteen years ago, what people were complaining about things within the college basketball game. And it's just to me, it's just a different form of complaining. There's just new things, if that makes sense. I still say the game's healthy as long as they only allow five players to play on the floor. They count twos is twos, threes is threes, every anything else. I mean, in the end, there's so many good players out there, you just had to go find them. But if you sit and complain and look at the negative aspects of things, you know, then it then you're not going to be able to thrive or survive in the profession. That's the reality of it. And so yes, it's a it's there's a lot of different things. It's totally different than it was. But I could tell you a decade ago, I could give you a list of complaints from people in the profession that was just it was just a different time period, if that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 7: But but I would tell you this both and to your listeners. It's not going backwards in terms of the n I L and or in terms of the transfer portal. That's that's done. So everyone has to accept it. The fans have to accept it, as in the terms of when I say accepted, meaning that this is the new reality of college sports that you're really trying to you know, have a team year by year. But I do think that transferring will stop a little bit as this house settlement, with the house settlement is is with this revenue sharing and you can pay players within you know, kind of within the athletic department, and you have contracts from within the athletic department, I think some of the transferring will slow down assuming that the house settlement all passes, which is which is April the seventh, is the is when the judge is when the judge makes the final determination. But you'll start having two to three year contracts for players with buyout options. So if a guy is gonna leave either he's going to have to pay the school back money or the school that he's going to is gonna have to pay the money. So it's not going to be maybe as much movement. Once that goes into effect, I think you're going to start seeing that more where there's gonna be longer term contracts with buyouts involved as you move forward in college athletics, based on especially at the high light like a school like Arizona that.
Speaker 6: That's such good insight, Josh, I'm curious your thoughts. You're trying to get back in the coaching game, and it's you know, what does a successful coach look like.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 7: At the well you got to be it's it's it's well, guys, it's it's a year at a time. It's no longer building the program for the you know, get old, stay old, see the long term potential. It's just one year at a time. And and and you just got to be able to deal with that, and you can't get negative about it. You got to just deal with it, and you got to be ready, and you know, you got to recruit your team every single year. That's what you gotta do. I mean, and you can't coach your team worrying about the team transferring.
Speaker 16: You've got to assume your.
Speaker 7: Entire team will transfer at the end of the season.
Speaker 16: That's what you've got to assume.
Speaker 7: So you got to you got to coach them hard, do the best you can to win, and then when March and April all around, you got to just hit the portal or try to keep the current kids and your students that you got and then go from there.
Speaker 4: You power.
Speaker 2: You also sympathized or empathized with coach Bennett, one of your cohorts, you know, in the league for a while, and what he decided to do because it's a changing game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I I mean, I think you're gonna see a lot of guys after the season maybe step down that had been in the game a long time and just say the older generation, uh, just based on saying.
Speaker 16: Hey, I I don't maybe want.
Speaker 7: To reha to re recruit my whole team again and go back in the portal and do all that. And and then guys like Tony Bennett, and you know, he's obviously I think he's gonna get back into coaching probably will be two to three or four years down the road, once things may be settled down and there's more of a clearer picture of what everything is. But but you know, it's different now, guys, I mean, and Steve would have a better feel than I would on this, but you know, and guys like lude Olson have paved the way. But you know, coach all since, probably even at the peak and pinnacle of his career, I don't know if he made a million dollars, I don't know. My point is is now these days coaches are making a whole heck of a lot of money, and so so guys have more of an opportunity, like a Tony Bennett who's made someone you could probably call it quits or retire or say I want to you know, leave at an earlier age or an earlier time period. And maybe the coaches in the eighties, nineties and early two thousands, and Steve, I don't know, you can maybe answer my question on that. I don't know what coach also made towards the end there or even when he was you know, because coaches weren't making like they were today, if that makes sense. So things are different even on the coaching salary. And part of that is the revenue of the TVs, you know, the TV revenue, and so the more they have. You know, one of the things that makes sports so attractive is because it's probably the last thing where it's the best reality TV. You know, you and and things are moving to streaming and everything else, but people still love sports and it's not And commercials are valuable because you're watching sports live, you know, where a lot of other shows you can end up just fast forwarding and doing things like that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I remember, Josh, you're undefeated in the booth. Remember that, less headaches, less headaches, You're undefeated in the booth. I know you've got the itch and all that stuff. Let's talk more about Arizona. I know you you're a fan of Tommy Lloyd. He's done very well, just his prospects and his team. It looks like he has all the pieces once again.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I really like his group. He's gonna be They're gonna be really good.
Speaker 7: Of course, they got an older group. They got Caleb Love, They've got who's going to be their leader of their team. But I think next Saturn or next season, next Friday is going to be their first test.
Speaker 3: See that.
Speaker 7: You got to really wait till they play next Friday versus Wisconsin. They're honoring the the final four team, the Wisconsin Final four team. Bo Ryan just got inducted in the Hall of Fame, one of the former coaches at Wisconsin. They're going to honor him there. It's going to be an incredible atmosphere. Think Wisconsin is down this year talent wise, but it's going to be a hostile road environment that will tell you the true test of how good Arizona could be this year. They're going to smash Old Dominium tomorrow. It's the test is going to be next Friday, and then once they play Wisconsin next Friday, and beyond that, they've got a heck of a non conference schedule, very tough, and then you go into a loaded Big twelve. So I mean, look, Arizona is one of the top ten teams in the country, but my point being is how good they'll be in which they're one of the best teams in the country. A lot of that will be determined the next next Friday night.
Speaker 16: As in terms of kind of there.
Speaker 7: You can you can see a lot next Friday. First, Wisconsin, You're not going to get a lot from tomorrow's game, I.
Speaker 2: Can tell you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no question.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So Josh, what's your schedule look like in November December?
Speaker 4: When will you be here?
Speaker 5: Are you going to be in Tucson?
Speaker 7: Yeah? No, I you know, I had I had the time of my life being able to call the Arizona or Game organ game last year to end the history of the Arizona in the Pack twelve Pac ten. That was awesome. But you know my schedules, I'm going to be all over the place. If you turn on the tube, you'll see me. But I'll be in the studio at Peacock next Friday for the Arizona Orgon games, so you'll see me pregame halftime for that for certain. I'll be during different tournaments. I'll be on Feast Week to start Feast Week on ESPN and studio. You know, I'll be doing things during the Player's Era, Turner for that nil tournament and Turner. So I'll be all over. You turn on the tube, you'll find me somewhere.
Speaker 6: I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: You're you're you've been gone a while now, I don't need to remind you that, But how much how much you missed this place?
Speaker 4: And maybe the food.
Speaker 7: I love Tucson, absolutely love Tucson. And I was back this summer. I saw my in laws. I actually came down to saw Tommy's practice, which Tommy does a great job. Tommy Lloyd's a great coach. I watched him due workouts this summer and I love their team. But I love Tucson, Steve. I love Tucson. I love the people, I love the mountains, I love the food. I mean, I just I'm I'm one of the big sales people of Tucson, Arizona. You know, I am an advocate for Tucson. I'm gonna happy if the mayors listening, you need to put me on on your on your payroll.
Speaker 5: To health, We're gonna get you know.
Speaker 7: I can speak, I can speak from the heart and from.
Speaker 2: The passion on that sure, and then you're one of the favorite sons too, so that also helps you you get some love. Let me ask you a quick question. Everson, A football program has struggling a little with the new coach. Uh and everyone, everyone to a man says he's a great guy. Uh he he you know, speaks well all that humble guy. Uh, how difficult is it today? And you're part of this too, where you're you're a young coach and you want to do really well, and there's a fine line of being tough with the kids but not being tough with the kids.
Speaker 16: Well, well, Steve, let me just say this.
Speaker 7: I mean the he's going through a tough time period.
Speaker 16: There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: And that's just part of the nature of the Beast right now, because I mean he's obviously a very good coach Coach Brennan, I mean he's he won before he got there. But it's a tough deal. I mean Arizona lost guys to the NFL. I mean lost guys in the portal. That's my point when I told you guys earlier, this is not a situation where every years new you can't look at it what happened last year or two years. This isn't like you're building you know what I'm saying. It's just one year at a time. You build the pro you you try to win that year and then you're literally starting over in the spring or for football in January December. So you can't look at anything other than it's one year at a time. Based on how things are, based on the rules, of athletics now and what it is, and so that's just the reality of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then well the thing is now you have fans who don't know anything like that, right because it's it's the past.
Speaker 4: Well we should be good because we have players.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's my point is is, but hey, the coaches get paid a lot of money. That's part of the deal, and you're gonna you've got to deal with it. You got to take it. You know, social media changes where people where Steve you would I was there and at Arizona there was no social media, you know, I mean there was the internet kind of starting their route and things like that.
Speaker 16: But it was you know, I mean, things are just different.
Speaker 7: And so part of the pay that you get as a head coach is you gotta that's part of you can pay to deal with it, you know what I mean. And that's part of it. You got to deal with it. And so no one likes to go through it, but that you know, what I would tell people is that's the reality of the sports world that we're in. And whether it's football or college or basketball, you're you're you're you're just literally one year. And that's my point coach Fish had a great year last year. He leaves that the players leave, guys go to the NFL. You come in, you're trying, and it's just you're you're starting over, you know, and and and and so when after this year they go. The great thing about the portal is they can go into portal and depending on their nil and their evaluation, they can turn it around next year and win.
Speaker 4: The big twelves.
Speaker 7: That makes sense, you know what I'm saying, because because because.
Speaker 16: You can quickly, you can quickly lose it, but you can quickly.
Speaker 7: Regain it based on the rules. If you follow me on that, that's the difference where you it's not so much a build anymore. You can quickly recover within a year. Now, after two or three years you don't recover, then it's probably it's going to be hard. But you can recover so fast in college athletics after a down year in today's climate because.
Speaker 6: Of the wolves, it's it's just a new normal. It's just the way that it is. I like the way you say that. It's just what it is.
Speaker 7: But that's my point. Everyone can complain it, but this is this is the really, this is it. This is this is the deal. And Arizona football is having a tough season right now. But you can go in and and and legally go buy a bunch of great players in the spring, and all of a sudden, you know you're you're you're competing for a Big Twelve championship. I mean, that's how quick quickly things can can move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question, every game is the season, or every season is the season, then you.
Speaker 16: Know pretty much yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Josh, I think the world of you.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 5: Thanks for joining me, Josh, Thank you very much. Nice talking with you.
Speaker 7: Thanks, guys, appreciate it. Love love everyone there and too. On next Friday, I'm all beyond Studio Peacock. Arizona Wisconsin to be a heck of a game, great test for Arizona basketball. Again, they're they're really good. Tommy's got a great team. But but but based on their non conference schedule and of course the Big Twelve, which is there's no nights off, they'll really have a good test, which I don't think. I think Wisconsin is down this year. But but guys, this will be their first test because it will be a hostile road environment. It won't be an easy place to play and if they can come out of there, if they win, that really sets up nicely for Arizona as in terms of a big time resume win on the road, when you see it down, when you get a big picture for the institution, and.
Speaker 2: Don't you spoke and don't forget Duke coming in here in two weeks.
Speaker 7: You got Duke. I mean they got the Bahamas. I mean there's a loaded they got Ucla. They play Ucla of the thing, So I mean there's there's there's just no there's no messing around. And their scheduled credit credit to Tommy Lloyd to going out scheduling. But also on top of that, there's no nights off in the Big Twelve. I'm telling you that league is stacked and it's going to be fun for the fans, fun for Arizona basketball, and there'll be a test every single night home in.
Speaker 4: A road Thanks Josh, appreciate you.
Speaker 16: Okay, guys, Yeah, take care, Josh, Josh.
Speaker 4: You can tell he's in a hurry, he's or in a situation. Thanks a bunch.
Speaker 2: Let's get out of here, have some time to take some calls and talk more in sports. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 17: Hi, this is formal while get Leman Huntley with Arizona help imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal.
Speaker 3: Space in your life.
Speaker 17: We offer a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 18: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial data available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. Guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, they've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three to three. Selling your home? Want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Armny Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, call Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, Tucson.
Speaker 5: Listen up.
Speaker 19: Al tourte two Son is rolling in on November twenty third, and you won't want to miss it. Dnahair Conditioning is proud to be a sponsor of this fantastic event, supporting our cyclists and celebrating the vibrant spirit of our community. Huge thanks to our title sponsor Banner University Medicine and are presenting sponsors Rio Nuevo and CMC Health for making this possible. So are you ready to ride, Grab your bikes and your buddies. Join DNHAC for an unforgettable day at the el Toourty two soon.
Speaker 5: For more info, check out el toour Day two.
Speaker 4: Soon dot org.
Speaker 18: El tour Dy twoson is on November twenty third. You can help support the kids at Banner Diamond's Children's Medical Center in Tucson by joining the Banner Health Team, ride, run, or walk any of the routes to make a difference. Visit eltoordaytuson dot org for more.
Speaker 1: Streamy live on the Ihearts Radio WI. This is Eye on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to One on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's Timbidley, He's one. We got about to twelve minutes, thirteen minutes, something like that.
Speaker 16: One.
Speaker 2: Anybody want to call, we'd appreciate the call. Five two zero four one six seventy four forty if you want to call it. Maybe yesterday's programs struck you, maybe today's struck you even better, you.
Speaker 6: Know, speaking of you know, insights, what what an insight from from Josh you know, Josh Passner, you know, talking about the new Normally it's a it's a one year and done every year. And you started to touch on it. You know, fans are in this three and four year cycle and we're not ready for this one year you know, one and done. It's you know, everybody talks about it. It's kind of cliche. It's the NFL model coming. But you know, you're gonna have to set your expectation, reset your expectations every year because you don't know, you know, you can say, you know, there's Justin was talking about the top top five recruiting class, Well, are they going to be here after the at the end of their first year?
Speaker 5: Are they going to be you know, hey, the grass is greener, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a player can strike gold next season, one of the new recruits and next year he's playing for the University of Alabama exactly.
Speaker 5: So you don't know. And so I like that perspective, and it was and I liked it. He's excited about it. He's like, you know what this is, this is great.
Speaker 6: You know, there's there's some money coming down the pipe from the from the ledgegislation that passed and that'll hopefully even it out. But you can tell he's excited to see what's gonna come around. And I like the fact too that he said some of these coaches are taking themself off the sideline right now and waiting for this to even out, and then they're going to come back in when it's more even And you know, Tony Bennett, you wait, wait and watch.
Speaker 5: I bet you, Joshua right.
Speaker 4: Which is a great observation.
Speaker 2: No, no, I agree, once it all settles, because all these kids, My thing is, these kids are gonna makeing a ton of money. And we've I've said this, this, these story, these shows become kind of redundant. Now where if you're if you're a booster or a money guy or money woman, given given the kids money and you have bad seasons, What the hell did I buy? What did I pay? What I what did I do? You know what, I'm not going to do this again. You know, if I get a bad service at an excess X restaurant or x uh X place, Target, Walmart or whatever, I ain't going back.
Speaker 5: I'm not exactly.
Speaker 6: So to Josh's point, every year you got to you know, at the end of the season we've been talking about. You recruit your players. You got to re up your spont the Tuson Medical Center. You know, we sponsor events every year they come and they got to reup us. You work at our tour, you know every year you got to you got to resell those sponsors. And so if the product isn't good sponsors, am I getting my value?
Speaker 4: R O I?
Speaker 6: Am I getting my ROI? And it doesn't have to return on and on your money investment. It could just be like, am I getting my the prestige or the value connection? The connection because it am I associated with a good product? Is you know all those things that come with that. You know, donors and business supporters look for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no question, And here's your catch.
Speaker 2: Because you work at a place like this, uh, there are there are only so many of you out there. So so in Tucson's a great community. It's a giving community. But there's only you can only dig so deep in the in the pockets exactly.
Speaker 5: So you know, everybody says, oh, let's call Jim, click, let's call it.
Speaker 6: You know, like everybody says that, let's let's call the hospitals, let's call you know, you get down to about twelve or fifteen, and all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: You're well, who are we gonna call now? And there's nobody.
Speaker 6: So you know, it's not only has to be a good product, but it has to be a good return on investment, and it has to you know, it has to be a good product in terms of like entertainment and are my you know, TMC looks at it this way, is are we providing a value? Are they providing a value to us? And then are we providing a value to the communities. It's something that the community is excited.
Speaker 4: About because you are about community, We.
Speaker 6: Are about community health, and I think a lot of donors are. They're like, hey, I want my school to be successful. I want my my my investment to be successful. But if it's not providing a value, my my intended customers are not getting a good value. I don't want to be associated with that anymore.
Speaker 2: Even if it's a visibility more of a even ROI and visibility and connection connected.
Speaker 4: It's like what.
Speaker 2: I went to nau Au so personal question, did do you give money back? And not that you have the money to give back, but I was gonna go with with this. Eventually you got to find a job, right and in this business, good luck with that that you're not gonna make a ton of money.
Speaker 4: You knew that going in.
Speaker 2: They're going to be sending you letters now that you're alum, can you give to this or that? And you're thinking maybe down the road, But it'll be down the road, you know.
Speaker 4: I get those letters from my place.
Speaker 5: I get it. And they found me too. I was off there, I was off the grid for a while, and they found me and I started.
Speaker 6: I started getting letters from the NAU alumni office like hey, Tim, welcome back to the family.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh man, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: No, it's tough because they're they're chasing every rock, every every piece of morsels, nibble whatever, right.
Speaker 6: I the fundraising business, the sales gigs in this town, I mean, you're everybody's hustling for the same money, you know, the same pot of money. And if it comings from advertisers or donors, you know, there's only so much in this community that people can access, and so you really have to be on top of your game. And if it's the football team or the basketball team, it's got to be a good product and it has to make the community feel good. I really believe that, you know, it has to, you know, I want people want to be associated with something that makes them sure. Sure, don't have to be ten and one, ten and three, whatever it is, but you know, I want to feel good. I want to feel like there's you know, there's some return.
Speaker 5: On my investment too, because my investment is my time.
Speaker 2: Well one's my new Jay because he's paid attention since he was a kid, and those days have come very few.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can, you can. I've gotten I've been pretty fortunate from when I started watching and following for the most age of what twelve times twelve and that was like ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was the start of.
Speaker 2: And there was some success in there, but not a heck of a lot. There was the most consistent success. Yeah, and so what do you make of it?
Speaker 3: I mean, like you said, two sons, a giving community. Yeah, so they want to see the little things. Obviously, they want to see the wins come. But if even if you're losing, they want to see the effort, They want to see the fight. They want to see a close game. Yeah, I've heard many times after a close loss a mix of we should have won that the other teams not good? What are we doing to day? That was a good game, had a good time too badly lost, but they made it a game. So it's it's you.
Speaker 4: Haven't heard that much this year. No, no, no, it's it's, well.
Speaker 2: Here's another guy issue, you guys, and you know this, Tim because you're one of you grew up here though, right yeah, but then you came back, so that doesn't apply to you. So people in that building, in that arena and building, uh, they're not from here. A lot of them are just going to watch good football or whatever. They're from. They're from Iowa, they're from Des Moines, they're from they're from they're from Nebraska. Uh. So they have no true connection to the u of A until they start feeling warm and fuzzy with them.
Speaker 6: In the eighties and the nineties, you know, the U of A basketball team and the football team. Larry Smith and then Dick tell me, you know, they could have those good teams. You want to see a good product, you know, no matter where you are, you want to go to a an elite game and activity want to see good performances, you know, So that's you know, it can't happen. I mean people we still saw we you know, we sold out some of the early games. People are excited to watch a good product.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's that was it for the early games, because they wanted to see that good product that was promised to them.
Speaker 5: Well, they sold last season tickets.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, I guess them at the next Well you'll probably see the next Friday.
Speaker 4: Yea Friday, we can guess them at.
Speaker 2: But twenty thirty five the University of Houston Friday night, justin talked about it.
Speaker 6: Does Houston travel, Well, no, not when you're three and five. My buddy Dave Odams is going to be there. I think he's a University of Houston grad. He'll be the only guy wearing the colors down there.
Speaker 5: Houston.
Speaker 3: Houston's four and four and five. You know, they turned the corner after a win against Utah. Went against Kansas State too. I well, Utah maybe not so big, but Kansas State was a big time win for them. Yeah, they're they're kind of looking down our barrel. We win a couple of games, we're gonna have a thirteenth game. I think there's a good chance we might see more Houston fans than Arizona fans. Well, I'm not saying that there's a lot of Houston fans, but less Arizona fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at thirty thousand people. Thousand people.
Speaker 5: I think you're right on the number.
Speaker 6: And if there's some Houston fans is because they live here and you know, they're in town and it's a fun thing to.
Speaker 4: Do, right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, teams don't go they don't watch three and five teams. They just don't go see them. Arizona doesn't. I don't. They don't travel well, Arizona's never traveled. Well, no, there's football for basketball, they don't either. They have lums in those places that they travel off. San Francisco, Washington, LA. They're the lums are everywhere and they love the cheer Arizona back where they're from exactly.
Speaker 6: Now, we have an airbnb in our in our neighborhood, and I can always tell when there's a home game because there's people that fly in and rent the house across the street, you know, and I can tell that that's going to happen. So now I appreciate it Josh's perspective on that because it's it's it's it's sobering, but it's also the reality, and it's the way that it's going to be. And I think that if people can embrace that, you know, and find something that the team is it?
Speaker 5: Is it a a is it a key game? Is it a coach?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it something? Each season?
Speaker 6: And I think that's that's going to be the reality for these coaches, is selling that something to the to the fans. What is it going to be this season? Because you can't sell promise anymore. You can't sell the next three or four years. You can only sell the next season. You know, there's thirteen games next season.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: This is why it's going to be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll see what happens. We got about four minutes, maybe a last second call if you'd like. If not, that's cool. It's Friday. Uh, no games this weekend, no losses this weekend game on.
Speaker 5: What's what's the record with you and Jay? What's what's two?
Speaker 2: Thirty one? I have thirty one total points? He has twenty nine.
Speaker 5: And how many weeks you got after you do the NFL?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do NFL and college five five total?
Speaker 5: And then when do you when do you pay up your best? Well?
Speaker 2: Twenty weeks. I think we're about eleven weeks. Eleven weeks now, so you pay up in January. Yeah, the payoffs just super Bowl apples.
Speaker 6: So in February sometimes you got you want to put a bet on one? Who's gonna win? Who do you think you want to bet? Let's you and I bet. Now, I'll bet on these two. Not go ahead, Uh take a horse, let's go. Let's just straight up, let's go.
Speaker 4: I am in the room.
Speaker 3: You know what, you know what. I gotta stick with my guy Jay, ready to go. When you when you when you dress right, you play right. I gotta stick with it. I said it, So I got to stick with I said with my man Jay.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going with Steve. He's guys got bad. He's like me.
Speaker 4: Of course every year except for one he's.
Speaker 6: Got bad and hees like me, and he's you know, he and I walked up the stairs together today and I'm like, yeah, this is these are my people.
Speaker 3: I'm confident I'm with.
Speaker 2: You're being nice if you if you were, this is a racing form, you were thinking this horse doesn't run because he hasn't run in a while.
Speaker 4: He's ready for the glue.
Speaker 16: This horse.
Speaker 3: I'm confident with my pick five and three on my who you picked this weekend and you said something, I was looking at Washington and Penn State.
Speaker 4: What's the number? I haven't looked at it.
Speaker 3: Bring back up, give me, give me with a seconds.
Speaker 6: This is your bye week too, with you and with you and Jay, So this is your own bye week.
Speaker 5: So this is good. You clear out your brain a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well we still pick. We still have to pick from a thing, but we still pick.
Speaker 5: You're just not doing it on the air.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he couldn't call in.
Speaker 3: So Penn State's favored by seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 4: At home, I've ticked Penn State. What are you doing? What do you saw my pick?
Speaker 3: Miami's favored by ten against Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: Oh, so you're not going with the Penn State?
Speaker 3: Was no, I was looking at that one. I'm not going with that one just because I don't I don't trust Washington. I'm gonna choose Yellow Jackets. Upsetting the hurricanes upsetting outright. Wow, keep your one of your wallets. So Miami, they've had close calls, they're going on the road. Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: I think that it's on the road to Georgia Tech.
Speaker 3: At Georgia Tech, they've pulled off some magic over the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: At home, I think you're gonna get need to get a job, Jada Pitt I wanted to Hey, these pay these debts, buddy. I think you're gonna need to get a that job that that Steve's trying to get for you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna need it pay the debts.
Speaker 4: I gotta have fun, but you can't.
Speaker 2: Have a horse in the race without any money of the race. Hey, I think that's it right. We've got about time to go. Thanks everybody for listening to you. Good week, great week, Thanks for coming in, Tim, thanks for having me. Sure, thank you one. Of course, we'll see you on Monday.