Speaker 1: You're listening to the This Is How We See It podcast with your host Eric Lee. Thanks for tuning in, and don't forget to subscribe.
Speaker 2: Now Here's Eric.
Speaker 3: I think it's patently absurd that we're spending taxpayer money to rename an airport after a criminal that's sitting in the White House.
Speaker 4: I think it's disgusting, ridiculous, pompous, and a lot of other bad things. I do not like it at all. I resent that the name is on every institution that we have, this included. I resent that we have to have every institution in this country being named after Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: A couple of people's reaction to hearing that Palm Beach Airport is it's gonna be named after Trump. Now, whenever I go to my headquarters office, I fly into Palm Beach Airport, and you know, some some some people aren't having it. And I'm I'm sure some people love it. I'm pretty sure some people just think it is the best thing ever, but some do not. You know, I was thinking about that, and at first I thought, you.
Speaker 2: Know, who, like.
Speaker 1: Who wants their name on everything? Now now let me let me let me say this, if the airport decided themselves that they're gonna name you know, they're gonna change their name to the Donald Trump, uh whatever airport, whatever it's gonna be called. Now, then that's one thing, right, I mean, you know, if he didn't have anything to do with it, But somehow I doubt that because this man he tried to put his name on the Kennedy Center. I think somebody said that he's putting his name or he put his name on passports.
Speaker 2: I mean, like the.
Speaker 1: The narcissism that you think your name should go on whatever you choose to have it on. I told you I read somewhere that he wants to erect a statue to himself.
Speaker 2: Like that's stuff that people do in honor of you.
Speaker 1: You don't do it yourself, right, Like it's it's weird, and and I just where does that come from? I mean, I I you know, I know where it comes from. It comes from narcissism. But it's just I don't know. It's just weird that he is out here, you know, changing your airport names to you know, to after himself. I remember I told you, I think I told you that the first time that I went to my company's headquarters and I touched down at Palm Beach Airport PBI. First thing I saw was the Trump plane. First thing is we were landing and and you know, we had landed and we were going to the whatever that thing where we get off. First thing I saw was Trump's airplane and I was like, wow, like, why is that the first thing I see? You know, when I when I land found out this morning that Lindsey Graham passed away yesterday and his family said that it was from a brief and sudden illness. And I believe he was seventy one years old. You know, Lindsey Graham was a true Trump fan. He was a true Trump fan. And even though you know I didn't agree with Lindsey Graham's politics, my heart goes out to his uh, his family. So let's keep Lindsey Graham's family in our prayers. You know, they didn't give specifics, They just said that from a sudden, sudden ill So that is.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 1: I have another video that I want to play you so here it is.
Speaker 3: It is certainly a tradition within the Republican Party to claim faith as the foundation for all that that governance should occur. That they would like to see more of that in there. And it feels like the argument you are making is with maybe some of your fellow politicians. I know you've sat down with Mike Johnson, who is obviously and forgive me for not having the language of this, because I don't come from a faith tradition other.
Speaker 5: Than he's a fellow Christian.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so you're basically working off of the same book.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: We're people of the book. And let me be really clear, because I don't want people to miss on understand this as a pastor who serves and said, let me be really clear.
Speaker 2: I'm a Christian.
Speaker 5: I don't want to live in anybody's theocracy, Christian, Muslim, Jewish. That we are a country. The covenant that we have with one another is a covenant for freedom, freedom of religion, freedom to choose your religion, freedom from religion.
Speaker 2: And the covenant the covenant.
Speaker 5: I mean, and we agree that we're going to have each other's back and we're going to support that. But I was struck by the fact that when they passed the one Big Ugly Bill, they got together, the Speaker of the House, held hands with other legislators, prayed a prayer. And then they went and cut a trillion dollars out of Medicaid, a trillion dollars. They kicked fifteen million people off of their healthcare. They kicked veterans and seniors and children off of SNAP. And I don't understand how you read the book that I read. I'm a Matthew twenty five Christian. Inasmuch as you've done it, why wouldn't you do it?
Speaker 2: Matthew?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I remember that coming here. You know that was.
Speaker 5: But I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was sick and you came to visit me. And they asked the Lord, when were you hungry? You're the Lord. When were you sick? When were you in prison? When were you an immigrant? And he said, inasmuch as you've done it until the least of these, you've done it also unto me, and so for me, the asset test of the authenticity of your faith is the depth of your commitment to the most marginalized members of the human family. It doesn't mean you pray and then crush the poor.
Speaker 1: You can't pray and then crush the poor. That was Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia, and he was on the Daily Show, and we've been saying.
Speaker 2: This all all along.
Speaker 1: You know, Christian is more than just a name. Christian is more than just a word. You know, Christian is more than just a title. Christian is a verb. It's it's it's it's a it's a walk, it's a way that you live. And you heard him say, how can you join hands and do all this praying and then cut a trillion dollars from medicare but fight.
Speaker 2: To give.
Speaker 1: Billionaires more money?
Speaker 2: This is the thing.
Speaker 1: And you walk around and then lie all the time, refuse to call out wrong when you clearly know that it's wrong. And not only do you refuse to call it out, but you go along with it. You lie and say it's right when you know it's wrong. And all of this, all of these people that claim to be That's why I tell y'all, I don't care about anybody saying that they're Christian. It does not it does not move me to say, to hear you say you are a Christian, but your life is so far from it. And I'm not talking we're not talking about being perfect, because no one is perfect, But can you be decent? But can you stand up for the truth?
Speaker 2: Can you not.
Speaker 1: Tell a lie and then say it's right? Or hear's someone else lie and try to say it's right.
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: On the other side, you're you're, you're, you're, you're quick to call lies, you know, to other people, but one particular person, they just go along with his lies and they won't call it out. And so, you know, I thought that was a great video. You can't crush the poor. Jesus talked about the poor, helping the poor, the widow, the sick, the elderly.
Speaker 2: He just told you, Matthew twenty five.
Speaker 1: Read it.
Speaker 2: Read it.
Speaker 1: You cut a trillion dollars from Medicaid to give that trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: To people who are already worth.
Speaker 1: A billion dollars. I just don't see how that's biblical. It's not biblical, because y'all know three years here of studying the Bible intensely right here, and I don't claim to know everything, but I know that ain't the way.
Speaker 2: That's that's what I know. Fifty eight year old North.
Speaker 1: Carolina woman Paula Marlow allegedly crept up on her sleeping husband and slashed his throat in the middle of the night, then confessed she planned to finish him off, burn the house down, and take her own life because of money troubles. The attack happened around two fifty to two point fifty two am Tuesday, June thirtieth, at the couple's rural home on Needmore Road in the Woodleaf community of Rowan County. Deputies responded to a medical emergency call near the intersection of Godby Road and Woodleaf Road. When they arrived, they found Jerry marlow being true for a large laceration that stretched from his neck all the way down to his shoulder. Paula Marlowe was right there, driving her bleeding husband to the hospital. At first, she told deputies that Jerry had woken her up, said he was bleeding badly and needed to go to the er. She claimed she was just trying to help. Investigators from the Rowan County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division sat Paula down at the couple's home for a deeper interview because some.
Speaker 2: Won't sounding right.
Speaker 1: According to officials, Paula Marlau confessed she had attacked her husband while he was asleep. She admitted she intended to kill him, set the entire residence on fire, and then in her own life, all because of alleged financial difficulties. She reportedly got scared part way through the violent assault and didn't go through with the full murder suicide plan. Now Jerry Marlowe survived the attack. He's expected to recover, but is still receiving medical treatment for his serious injuries. Paul up Marlowe has been charged with attempted first degree murder. More charges could be coming as the investigation continues. The couple owns and operates the popular Marlowe's Barbecue and Seafood also known as Marlowe's Barbecue, at Statesfield Boulevard in Saulsbury, North Carolina. Wow, jeez, slit his throat while he was sleep? Now, that doesn't sound like because they were having money issues unless she blames him for the money issues like that, like really slitting someone's throat And ain't that kind of personal to you? That sounds kind of personal to me. But she is in jail charged with attempted murder. She confessed to it, So there you have it.
Speaker 2: Now. I know.
Speaker 1: That you guys have been hearing this thing about Graham Platner.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 1: Y'all know I got to talk about it. Democratic Party leader called on Graham Platner to withdraw as their nominee to run against Republican US Senator Susan Collins of Maine after meteor reports that a woman accused him of forcibly having sex with her nearly five years ago. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and Senator Kirsten GILLIBRANDT of New York, who heads the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, set in a statement the DSCC will not invest in the main Senate race if Platner remains on the ballot.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Earlier, Platner denied the accusations and said in a statement, we are taking the time to reflect on the best path forward. He did not indicate whether he was considering suspending or ending his campaign at the time. Now we know now that he has suspended his campaign, he has completely dropped out of the race. Now, Collins's seat is one of the most closely watched targets in Democrats drive to win majority control of the Senate in the November third midterm elections. Republicans currently hold fifty three Senate seats, while Democrats have forty seven. They would need a net gain of four seats to take over the one hundred member chamber. Politico first reported that a woman accused Platner of forcing her to have sex with him nearly five years ago. Cin Ann followed with the report that the woman accused him of entering her home without permission and raping her while he was intoxicated with an hour. Hours of the reports publication, Democratic Party leaders and Maine called on Platner to drop out, while members of Congress withdrew their support for his candidacy. Main Democratic Party leadership is calling on Graham Platner to withdraw as the Democratic nominee for the US Senate, said the state party chair Charlie Dingham, vice chair IMP Schleschner, and executive director Devon Murphy Anderson all said in a statement on x they cited multiple women making serious, credible allegations against Platner. Today's statements take those allegations even further.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The Democratic Party can replace Platner on the November if he drops out before July thirteenth, which he has according to state law. When I prepared this this story, he had not completely dropped out yet, so that's why some of the you know, the state party would then have until July twenty seventh to settle on a replacement nominee, Political said. The woman detailed the allegation in three interviews. It said it also reviewed documents, including emails between the woman and her therapist and others. It was unclear whether main Governor Janet Mills, who had been running for the Senate seat but suspended her campaign earlier this year at Platner's surge and fundraising and polling, would rejoin if he left the race. So we don't know if she's going to rejoin because she, you know, he was getting all this momentum and she said, you know, I guess she said, I ain't got a chance, so let me let me drop out of this thing. So here is what the woman said. One of the reasons I didn't come forward sooner was the huge moral conflict that I had between supporting his politics but not supporting him as a person. I just want the truth out there. I just want people to have a whole scope of who he is as a person. Now, y'all know, I often say nobody should be touching anybody who doesn't want to be touched. No means no, and I don't care know how hot and bothered you get. As soon as the other party says, you know what, I don't want to go through with this, then you stop, don't. You don't force people. But I have to say the timing is suspicious. The timing is suspicious. Now, she didn't make the allegation when he was running for the Senate seat, so it wasn't as important then that she let people know who he was. But when he won the nomination, then she comes out and says this happened to her. And let's stop right there and let me say this. I'm not trying to say that she's lying because I don't know. I do not know what happened between her and grand Platner. She said he did, he said he didn't. He said anything that happened was consensual. Now, sometimes, you know, we know men come out and say stuff like that when they know they're lying. But this happened five years ago, allegedly, and to me and to a lot of others, the timing is just interesting, not in any of the five years, not when he was running for the seat, but when he became the nominee. Now she comes out.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: Women, tell your story when it happens to you, tell.
Speaker 2: Your story to me.
Speaker 1: I think you would be more credible. You know everybody, Oh, I was scared. I was scared, but you you kept it for all of these years. And tell your story. Women, If a man sexually assaults you, say it loud. This happened to me yesterday. This happened to me two days ago. This man did this to me. When he started running for this Senate seat. She should have came out. She should have came out before then and made sure his butt was in prison or jail or something if it happened. And when she found out that his name was on that ballad, she should have said, this man is an awful man. Don't vote for him. This is what he did to me. There's no reason for women to be scared.
Speaker 2: Now. I just think.
Speaker 1: And you heard what the story said that as soon as she came out, people started telling him to drop out.
Speaker 5: No proof.
Speaker 1: All you have is he said, she said. And then they said something about oh well, she told others. Do you know how many times I've been lied to? Do you know how many times? And again I'm not saying she's lying. But what I'm saying is listen as we know. And I did a show. I think I did a show. It was the Egen Carroll Show about rape and how But see the difference with Egen Carroll is that she had been saying it all along. She had been saying it all along, going to the hospital right after an attack. Can they can find DNA on your body? Now, sometimes it doesn't necessarily mean rape, because you can find DNA, you know, through consensual sex. But I think that it gives you more credibility than coming out when somebody is You kept it all of these years until this man became the nominee And I don't know, guys, I just think that a lot of these men's lives are ruined over our delegations. No investigation, told them to drop out as soon as they heard it.
Speaker 2: No no proof, drop out.
Speaker 1: And the article also talked about how somebody said something before that it was out in Maine, that someone accused him of something before, but the people still voted for him. Now, I don't know if that's because they didn't believe it, you know, I don't know, but I just think that your story would be more credible if you didn't wait five, ten, twenty years, tell your story, I was attacked. Go to the hospital. At least the hospital you'll say, okay, well there was DNA, and sometimes they can they can kind of see if you were you know, you know, there could be evidence of sexual assault, like sometimes when the woman fights back and there's bruising and things like that. That stuff adds more credibility. And again, I'm not trying to say that this did not happen to this lady because I wasn't there, but I just think, you know this soon as they heard it, telling him to drop out, anybody can just say somebody rape them or somebody. I don't like you, I don't want you to get whatever it is, and I'm just gonna come out and I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: You rape me, no proof. Let's let's let's move on. Let's let's move on.
Speaker 1: Solomon Pina was sentenced to nine hundred and sixty months in prison. This this one, y'all, is this one's wild? Listen to this. He was sentenced to nine hundred and sixty sixty months in prison for orchestrating a politically motivated shooting spree and plotting to murder witnesses to obstruct justice. According to court documents and evidence presented at trial, Solomon Pina, forty two, ran for District fourteen of the New Mexico House of Representatives during the November twenty twenty two midterm elections. After his electorial defeat, Penia falsely claimed the election was rigged and began pressuring members of the Bernalillo County Board of Commissioners not to certify the results deja vous. When they refused, Penia recruited Jose Chuhio and Dmitrio Chuhio to carry out a series of shootings at the homes of several public officials. Penia provided cash, instructions and addresses, and personally participated in one of the attacks. One of the shootings involved a fully automatic machine gun. Multiple rounds struck areas of the home where children had recently been or were sleeping. Following his arrests, Pinya attempted to have Josey and Dmitrio tra Juyo murdered to prevent them from testifying, offering fellow inmates money and a vehicle in exchange for their deaths. On Mark twenty twenty five, a federal jury found Pina guilty of all counts of the indictment, including conspiracy, being a felon in possession of a firearm, four counts of intimidation and interference with federally protected activities, four counts of using or carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence, and three counts of solicitation to commit a crime of violence. Jose Trihillo poleaded guilty to conspiracy, interference with federally protected activities, using and carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence, discharging set firearm, and possession with intent to distribute fentanyl. Was sentenced to thirty seven months in prison. Good Gracious Dimitrio pleaded guilty to conspiracy, two counts of interference with federally protected activities, one count of using and carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence, and one count of using and carrying a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence and discharging said firearm, and was sentenced to one hundred and eighty months in prison. Good gracious of life, I mean all because he lost an election.
Speaker 2: Who does that sound like? Hmm wow?
Speaker 1: Tried to kill the people that wouldn't, that wouldn't overturn the election, and then tried to kill the two people that he hired to kill the people all over a lost election, my Lord. Last month, a federal judge in Boston blocked the Trump administration from enforcing an executive order that would impose stricter mailing voting rules and create a federal list of eligible voters in every state. The order, signed by Trump and March required Homeland Security Secretary Mark Wayne Mullen to compile a list of US citizens eligible to vote in each state using data from the Social Security Administration. It also directed the US Postal Service to send absentee ballots only to people on each state's federally prepared and approved mail in ballot list. US District Judge Indira Taiwane said the Trump administration cannot take any steps to implement those two provisions of the executive order. She said the executive and legislative branches lacked authority over voter roles. Taiwani sided with twenty three states and the District of Columbia, which sooned to block the order's implementation. She said it is clear that the federal agencies charged with compiling confirmed citizen lists, lacked the ability to create complete and accurate lists of the US citizens where got residing in every state. Both Congress and the President lack any role regarding voter eligibility, and no federal statue does Congress authorize the federal government to create their own voting database. Instead, Congress, consistent with the Constitution, has left out authority to states alone. The President, she continued, lacks any authority to compile voter lists for each state. They're gonna try. He's going to keep trying to interfere with elections. He's going to keep trying to do anything he possibly can to interfere with elections. It's sickening. It is sickening, crazy crazy, I mean, what's next, What is next?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: We better think and pray for these for these uh, these federal judges that are standing up for the Constitution, who are standing up and saying no to this administration. We gotta we got we gotta pray for them who are not afraid to say I'm not letting you do this because some of them are some of them are. So I heard I think I read something yesterday or the day before that saying that he's trying to appeal. He's going to try to keep He's gonna try to find a federal judge that's going to allow him to interfere with the election. And there are plenty out there that will.
Speaker 2: We got it. We we we we have.
Speaker 1: To protect you know, uh uh, you know voters and and and being able the right to vote. We got to protect the right to vote. Melon ballots have been allowed, you know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how long.
Speaker 1: I don't know how long it goes back, but it's certainly been a long time. And now all of a sudden because Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Says so.
Speaker 1: Now it's cricket. His own administration said there was no voter fraud in twenty twenty. He's still he won after that, but he's still going back to twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: So if there's if.
Speaker 1: There's voter fraud, then you're not the real president. Then isn't it interesting how there's no voter fraud when he wins an election, but there's voter fraud when he doesn't win.
Speaker 2: Y'all see the pattern? Right?
Speaker 1: I hope you see the pattern. Here's my last email email, sorry, my last video.
Speaker 6: They will close your churches in this country. They go communists, and they're trying to They will kill your people, and that's what they're about. They want to end religion. They have to end religion because their ideology doesn't work if you have strong religion. People like you that are so incredible and love our country so much, I love God. This is the greatest threat to our country since its founding in my opinion, two hundred and fifty years ago. What's happening right now the greatest threat.
Speaker 7: Some might say that the greatest threat to this country is a president telling millions of Americans that their political opponents want take them. I've said this before. Communism is going to be the Republican message from now until the midterms, because apparently just saying that Democrats are communists wasn't radical enough. Now they're going to close your churches and end religion and eliminate your based on what did a Democrat introduce the unalive Christians and cancel Sunday Act. Progressive candidates are winning elections talking about rent, wages, healthcare, unions, and the cost of living. You can disagree with their policies, you can argue that some of them go too far, but rent control is not communism. And asking wealthy people to pay their fair share of taxes doesn't make us a Soviet union. And them calling everything communism isn't even an argument. It's fear conditioning because Republicans have done nothing to help the average American, so they need a villain, and Democrat isn't scary enough, so now Democrats have to be godless communists who want to unalive Christians. Think about what he's doing. He isn't telling his supporters that the other side is mistaken. He's telling his supporters that the other side is an existential threat. And once people believe their opponents want to close their churches and them, then in their mind, extremism becomes self defense. This type of rhetoric is what creates political violence. And nothing says defending Christianity quite like a president bearing false witness while standing at a podium demanding a clause. They're propaganda isn't actually about communism. It's about Republicans being afraid that voters might start asking why they're so called communists are the only ones talking about making their lives survivable? And remember, I'm not the dark Left. Together, we're the dark Left, the defiant Left. Please join us in helping to call out the bullshit and bring some sanity back to the conference.
Speaker 1: I told y'all that was your president talking. Now, Democrats are going to close churches. Now they're gonna kill them. They're gonna kill Democrats are gonna kill you all, and they're gonna close your churches. Incredible. I told you all about demagogues. They create a narrative and then they say, but I'm the only one. Republicans are the only one who can save you. And that's what's happening. This man is lying through his teeth and he knows he's lying. But the sad part is that most of the people that are in that was in that room also know he's lying, but they're not gonna say anything about it, because see, they're Republican. If this was a Democrat person going around saying this, they'd be booing, they'd be standing up and speaking out. If that was a Democrat president doing the stuff that Donald Trump is doing, every Republican and Congress would be calling file they're going to close your churches. Do you know how many millions of Democrats attend church and are true Christians? I hope y'all are waking up I really do. I hope y'all are waking up and are seeing what's happening, And are you know understanding, you know what this is truly about. See, I told you, they gotta create, they gotta create false witness against you.
Speaker 2: They gotta, they gotta, they gotta, they gotta.
Speaker 1: Demonize you, don't vote for them, They're gonna close your churches. Not one single Democrat has ever introduced a bill to close churches.
Speaker 2: Wake up, people, Wake up.
Speaker 1: Well that's my show. I thank you guys for tuning in. We'll see you next time. Bye for now.
Speaker 2: Steps from Step