Speaker 1: Funny thing about today's Minnesota Goodbye is we did this most of these emails yesterday, but we had something feeding into the system and we scrapped the entire Minnesota Goodbye when we found that out. So I don't know it was feeding in there, but it is not there today. I'm gonna be quiet for a second and watch the waveform. Nope, nothing feeding in there. Good news. So let's go back and see if we can relive part of yesterday's Minnesota Goodbye. This is from Kristen. Another random que came up while walking the dogs this morning. My dog Sadie decided to pick up some anomal nd trails and guts and proceeded to eat them. I had to reach into her mouth and grab them out. It was so gross. Now, this isn't not a good way to start off the podcast, because people are gonna be like, okay, next, just fast forward through this part if you don't like this. I don't really have much. I think. I talked about how I had a colleague, Gracie, who I was cleaning up poop in the backyard and there was a pair of Susan's underwear in the poop. I can still see it I think they were orange, and but that's really it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a husky that ate an entire bag of red vines the licorice, and it was throw up diarrhea, just all red liquidy. It was so nasty and it was like in a tent. We had a tent up in the backyard for funzies, and he's like, watch this gross.
Speaker 3: I've got lots of stories about dogs, but one, just one, the funniest is the one that got into the big rice crispies treat that I had from Costco. So it was a bunch of little individual packs and he found it underneath the bed because I used to hide it from Andrew, and I said he she would take each one, go downstairs, eat it, and then go back up for another one. At least that's what I decided, I think that she did. There was all kinds of little wrappers in the basement, and so she would go grab some, eat them, and then go back for more. And they were all gone. And this was a pack of like sixty mostly. I think I had just gotten it like a week before, so there's probably I think I counted like forty eight rappers. And I think she also ate some of the rappers. So that girl had.
Speaker 1: Did she get sick?
Speaker 4: Cofused?
Speaker 3: She was shitting out Rice Krispy Okay, all right, yeah, but I don't think she ever puked. I don't remember, though, because she gets sick sometimes, so I can't remember that time when she caked or not.
Speaker 2: I just think it's very dainty to just take I'm just going to take a couple at a time, Yeah, like maybe just maybe just one more.
Speaker 3: And she found like her safe spot to eat them down in the basin, Like she's like, oh, this is a good spot.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll eat it right here.
Speaker 1: Let's do this one. We were talking about soulmates and TJ writes, in my experience with soulmates, I do believe there is one for every person. I found my soulmate while working on tour with Disney on Ice. I didn't believe in soulmates until I met her. But what was crazy is how everything just clicked. My wife is from Japan. With the tour show going to Japan, it was almost like it was meant to be. She was the one to help me with everything in Japan, and even though she was already in a relationship, somehow we just knew we were meant to be together. Too many details and dramas. I'll just add long story short. Been twelve years. We've traveled around the world, touring with each other, and now settling down. We have a child, which we never planned for, but all things considered, it almost feels like it was meant to be. I really do believe in soulmates. Now have a great morning, everybody from TJ. I think that it is amazing when you think of what has to happen for us to meet that person that is so special to us. You know, if you would arrive five minutes later, they wouldn't have been there, or if you hadn't been late for work, you wouldn't have met them, or if you hadn't been early. It's kind of like, I'll make a weird comparison. It's like the people who survived the thirty five bli Ue Bridge collapse. Yea, you know they were supposed to be on the bridge, but they got called into a meeting just before they left for work, so you just never know. And is it fate intervening? And why did it intervene for the people who died on the thirty five Bliue Bridge collapse. So I don't know that is like fate intervening. I don't know if I believe that, but I just think a lot of things have to happen for like, okay, for you to get the job here on KTWB, A lot of things had to have happened, and we won't go through the whole thing, but it's like I think, just things have to line up sometimes, right.
Speaker 3: So do you think a lot of people are very unlucky in that fact then because they never meet their soulmate?
Speaker 1: I think it's because they have nothing to offer.
Speaker 4: Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: And I'm being a little bit funny. I think that some people find a boyfriend or a girlfriend very easily, and I think some people might not because they are shy or maybe they are less attractive. Let's face it, if you're out going and you're attractive, you've got a leg up on the world. If you are not particularly bright, you might have trouble finding a soulmate. If you're delusional and you think that you deserve a ten when you are probably about a three yrself. Like me, I'm a three. I don't have any illusions that I deserve a ten. But I'm load.
Speaker 4: So that works out well in this situation.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's very magical, like, oh you met her on the on Disney on ice on tour, Like what a beautiful life though, And I think like it's a magical kind of way of thinking of being like, Wow, had I not shown up five minutes sooner than this would never have happened.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But sometimes if that's like the mindset that you go into most things with, then everything will seem a little bit better than it actually is, which I do think sometimes could be a bad thing, Like if you meet somebody and you're like, Wow, this boy likes me, and had I not gone out to that event, I wouldn't have ever met him.
Speaker 4: But also maybe he's not the person for you.
Speaker 2: So but because you're like approaching it with this mindset, it's.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily a good thing all the time.
Speaker 2: And it just worked out really well for this guy, which I am jealous of your life.
Speaker 4: It sounds really perfect.
Speaker 1: That sounds really cool. All right. We have a ranger Jessica with some a very short did you know this time about raccoons and I'm pushing buttons. Oh where's that coming from? Oh, okay, glad, I noticed that that is coming from somewhere. I know where it's coming from. It's coming from a YouTube video.
Speaker 4: I'm going to start at the jazz station when you're not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somehow it got on positive Jazz. I don't know. Okay, So here we go with what I believe is Jessica. Hold on, here we go, let's try it out.
Speaker 5: Hello, Ranger Jesca again, I did you know? The day has to do with some animal facts from last week? So Vont talked about Mexican raccoons. Just f why those are not the same as the raccoons we see in our backyards in Minnesota. Those are kawa, which are totally just.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about. Vont was on vacation in Mexico and he saw raccoons in the hallway.
Speaker 4: And they were skinny.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're not raccoons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really different animal. They are very closely related to raccoons, but they are not raccoons. They are a different animal again, called the Kowatei very cute and Dave yes, sharks are older than trees. Shark fossil evidence can be found four hundred and fifty million years ago, and tree fossils can only be found three hundred and fifty million years ago, so please, no sharks are older than trees.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Wow, range wrap and.
Speaker 4: I googled a kowaate. Those are so cute.
Speaker 2: It's spelled like coat with an eye at the end. Oh my gosh, Now I want a kowaate. They're so stinking cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, they got a bunch of rabies, like probably.
Speaker 2: I mean I would also like a raccoon, because those are like a forbidden cat as far as I'm concerned, And when they walk in my pathway, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, hi, baby, Yeah, they're not friendly though.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know I've ever crossed paths with a raccoon before, have you, guys?
Speaker 2: Yes, I went camping once and we had one of those like camper cabins, and raccoons kept trying to get in, so we could hear like the door being like cunk, clunk, clunk, and then we'd come out and there'd be like a raccoon in the in the bucket that we had all our food, and just like, oh hey, buddy, I poked one with a stick because I said.
Speaker 4: Get out, that's our food.
Speaker 2: And he's like ooh good, So we pretended that they were the maintenance guy is coming just to check the doors and make sure that the cabin was in ships show.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, good, Yeah, Juanita is here with a rant. So let's check out what Janita has for her rant today.
Speaker 6: Hey y'all, Hey, So I was listening to the show on Monday, and I swear to god, you guys tapped into what my rent was gonna be this week, and that was unrealistic.
Speaker 1: Things that happens in movies.
Speaker 6: Now, this is the reason why my husband said that he does not like to watch movies with me, because he said, pay attention more to the shit I'm not supposed to instead of watching the damn movie. But for instance, a couple is laying in bed, they just woke up. They wake up, they yawn, they smile at each other. Then all of a sudden, they're slabbing.
Speaker 1: Each other down. It's like bullshit.
Speaker 6: Who wakes up first thing in the morning just start slabbing each other down? No one does that. If you bring them lifts anywhere near me, I'm putting you in a choke hold. Second of all, you see somebody they get ran over. Matter of fact, they were being chased and then they get ran over, but then all of a sudden, they pop back up and they keep running.
Speaker 4: It's like, who the fuck does that?
Speaker 6: Nobody that I know of. Then the last one is when people are walking in the grocery store. All the products are perfectly in line, all the labels are facing out, everything is perfect. You never see nobody walking down the light bulb aisle and all of a sudden there's a Mayonna's Josh sitting there where somebody decided they didn't.
Speaker 1: Want to face the light bulbs.
Speaker 6: It's like, come on, I've never seen that walk into the grocery store and everything was that fucking perfect. Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Get the hell out.
Speaker 6: That's my rent for this week. I love you guys, Bye.
Speaker 1: I love you. This is from Sid. Sid writes in you Absolutely struck a nerve Dave talking about the inconsiderate people that sit and wait for their person to come out of the airport. I cannot stand it. There are many things like this that are not only common courtesy, but literally the rules. I can't understand how people think it's okay to do whatever they want and basically mess up the structure. In society. I've watched somebody sitting there getting stole by the airport security. Then they drive away, but really just go park their inconsiderate ass farther up the lane until they get yelled at by the next person doing their job, which their job is supposed to be watching for dangerous threats, not reminding your lazy, inconsiderate ass that you can't park here. I also do a lap like Bailey if I know my person is on their way out, or I simply go wait in the cell phone lot until they arrive, because that's what it's for, and then I'm not interrupting other people who are there to be picked up. Other examples put your card away in a parking lot, wait to get up at landing, and letting the people in front of you get out before you bust through them. Picking up dog poop poop already discussed on the show many times. I'm sure there are more, but I want to get to angrily message in because it brought I just brought my husband to the airport, so it's fresh to me how horribly people act there. Thanks for reading, Hope you're all doing well. Cheers fam from Sydney Hanson. Thank you, Sydney.
Speaker 4: Yes feeling Sydney, and we all agree with you totally do.
Speaker 1: I had to write in about the love of my life without a doubt in my mind it is my baby girl. Of course, I love my parents. I love my husband, but even more now because of how great a father he is. But the moment I met my precious baby, I knew I wouldn't be the same. The best hot way I can describe this type of love is rare, all encompassing, and will last beyond a lifetime. Truly the love of my life. How special it is to get to experience a love like this. I hope in everyone would get to feel this way with a child, partner, or friend. By the way, I love the old generation names coming back. My daughter is ten months old named el C. She has a Mabel, Amelia and Gloria in her daycare, the Golden Girls of the future. Thanks to you guys for keeping me company on my commute. Your friend, Hannah, I'm only going to say I've got one observation, and I've heard I'm so glad that you feel your baby is the love of your life. I have heard that moms sometimes feel so badly because they don't feel that with their new baby. So they'll have a baby and they'll look at the baby and hold the baby and hear the baby cry, and the baby keeps them awake, and and the baby is a hassle and and they don't feel like I love this baby, and they feel bad, like something's wrong with me because I don't feel like I love this being. Have you heard that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's like post uh what am I? Postpartum part of impression?
Speaker 2: Partum depression? Yeah, and that's super common. I mean I have a couple of friends who have kids. And my my one friend the two times that she got pregnant, and she would tell people and they would be super excited. She'd be like, just so you know, not everyone is as as excited as you are, because she was like happy to be having children, but she wasn't like super duper excited because she liked her life.
Speaker 4: The way it was. But here she was going to have kids.
Speaker 2: And now she's like, all I am is a mom and I don't want to be I mean, I don't want to say. This is her words, she says, I don't want to be just a mom. I want to be still me and have children, and she says it's really hard for her a lot of days because all she is to anyone is a mother, and she wants to be something more to everyone.
Speaker 3: I do think that, like, obviously you love your child eventually, and it is a lot of postpartum right away. But I mean, I've read enough things on Reddit for Jenny's ben on Reddit, or when I've discussed my fears of children and stuff, and like, there are people who admit that they regret having kids and they just never felt that love that they thought that they were going to have, and it's something you will never know, so you can't be mad at someone for not having that. But like, there's definitely people who admit out there that they regret having kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's judgment behind it. So I'm so glad that your daughter is the life off of your life.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I never regretted having kids, maybe having kids too early, maybe not being around my kids. I was not around for Chase and Beth's whole childhood definitely involved. But I love all my kids. I just love them so much. I sometimes just stare at Carson and in wonderment just like, I just love this kid. He's like probably the most like me, so we probably we bond really well. And I just look at him sometimes. But I look at Alison sometimes. I tell Susan, I said, she is just the sweetest, sweetest girl, and she's not perfect. She gets cranky, she has a short temper, and she gets cranky. But I just just.
Speaker 4: Wonder who she gets that from.
Speaker 2: But that is nice to hear, because I mean, I am also a daughter of a father, and I always look at my dad thinking this dude doesn't like me. So he probably does, and I just don't think so I don't know some guys.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is I learned affection from my mama. My mama was so full of hugs and kisses and I love you, David's he love you, And I think I might have learned that from my mom. And I think also my dad was very distant, you know, a safe protector, but very disre and not emotional. No, I love you, no hugs ever, And I think I didn't want to be like that, so I always overtell my kids how much I love them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next one is from our friend Rinita. I almost said, fan, I never like to say a fan of the show, because you're so much more than a fan of the show, your friend, You're like a friend of the show and a supporter of the show. So Rinita says, hearing Dave talk about the complaint with the up the pickup at the airport makes me want to get my complaint out there for the public to be more mindful of. There is handicap parking. To get the airport, watch for the overhead signs and try not to block it. She's got a daughter that's basically in a wheelchair and she can't get the daughter to the handicap spot, to the wheelchair, to the people that push her in. If some ass hat is parked in the handicap spot, please be aware and try to be mindful. Love y'all from Ranita. Shout out to Ranita and to Bella.
Speaker 4: And get out of the freaking lane.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are still in the emails that were recorded yesterday, but we did not really get to because it was messed up handwrites in. Not every school uses chrome books. My son's in first grade and they still use good old pencil and paper. My kids don't get phones, tablets, et cetera either. Just occasional TV and video game on our switch. So it makes me happy. So not all schools give your kid a chromebook, okay, all right, that's great, good old pencil and papers. So they bring home like a folder with like papers in it, and I don't know, a little backpack or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, that'd be preferable, I think. I mean, I managed to get through my whole life. We didn't have any You know what I wish they still had was overhead projectors and schools because the hum of the overhead projector and the beautiful like golden cast it put on the whole classroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, beautiful. It was always fun when they wieled in a TV. Back in my day, they'd will wheel in a film projector Wow, go it's movie day, all right. Next one, Tyler writes in he says, I know it's random, however I find it comical. Hope it'll make your day. Read the below paragraph. Like Steve used to on conspiracy Steve, okay, now, conspiracy was he would you know, talk about dumb conspiracies. I believe my two year old schitzapoodle mises gay. Here are my observations to prove my hypothesis. He enjoys eating bully sticks, which are bowld penises. If you did not know, I have told him this, but he continues to eat him anyway. Told he humps my roommate's cat, which is male, but does not hump the dog, which is female. He humps my leg and I am male, but never anyone else's hmmm. Every night he sleeps with me in bed. I'm like, I'm male. Now, obviously I'm supportive of him. If he is gay, I just wish he would come out of the closet and tell me that's from Tyler. Thank you, Tyler. Appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Does he speak English? How is he gonna tell me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he speaks a different language. That's why he hasn't told you yet.
Speaker 2: So I think I would learn are you gay? In multiple languages and then say them all to this this creature and see which one do they turn their head out?
Speaker 3: I don't know that you just like, full out, come out and say are you gay?
Speaker 4: French? I think it's like you gotta learn a little bit more. That's the only thing you learned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Tyler. That was a different one, that's for sure appreciated. Chris writes in and says Holy Santa Claus. Shit, Dave, You're spot on with the Netflix series Bad Thoughts. If you have stupid, crude humor, it is a must. If you listen to their podcast Your Mom's House with His Wife or Two Bears, One Cave with Bert Kreischer, it's even better. One of your best what's on your radar recommendations ever Licking and dartin. That is from Chris I've talked about. It's called Bad Thoughts. It's on Netflix. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but I love.
Speaker 4: This podcast with his wife is fucking hilarious.
Speaker 1: Have you heard it.
Speaker 3: I've only listened to like a couple episodes, but i'll get clips of it on TikTok that I see and it is so funny. Their dynamic is perfect. They're both hilarious. Like, it's really good.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about love, the love of your life again. I think one of the most powerful things in life is love. And because I've been in love, I've been with people that I've not really been in love with. And I think one of the ways you tell whether you really love somebody is when they break up and you don't care that they're sleeping with somebody else. Like I've had girlfriends that I thought I was in love with or really cared about, and then I break up with them, and then I find out they're with somebody else, which course means they're sleeping with somebody else, and I'm like, eh m hm. But then I found like they break up and it's like, oh, there's a picture of them or whatever. I mean, this is well before Facebook. So but you hear like, oh, yeah, she's with you know, Jimmy now, and you know Jimmy's you know, got a huge schlong and he's really good.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then you feel like, oh, oh, dang it. But love is so important. That's what What are ninety five percent of songs about love? Love and love, break, love and heartbreak Because love is such an important part in our lives. So that is why we do things like we'll cheat with somebody because we love them maybe more than the person that we're with, or we're attracted to somebody and they're not attracted to us, and it's heartbreaking because love is such a thing. Don't say a name for obvious reasons. You guys were talking about love of your life. I found mine. It just happened to be after I was married to somebody else. I have since stopped all contact with this person because I just can't bear to tear up my family and force my five year old to have divorced parents and go days without seeing her. I do love my husband, he's a good guy, but it's not overwhelming passionate love I have for this other person. So long story short, I have decided to just stay, but I will live forever knowing I'm not with the love of my life. I'm gonna ask you to rethink that. And I'm not saying divorce them and go be with this other person, because you might not work out with this other person. But I read somewhere and this is so true being older myself. It's not the things that we do in life that we regret, it's the things we don't do. I want you to seriously consider whether you want to be with somebody just because he's a good guy, and because you don't want your kids to have to have a divorce. People get divorced all the time. Yeah, kids are real resilient. Your heart. If your heart when you're one hundred and six years old, is still thinking about God, what would my life have been, like had I been with this guy, go with that other.
Speaker 2: Think about it, right, because right now you're living, you're living for your kid yep. And I mean both Jenny and I come from divorce families and we're fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would put a caveat on that and say, probably don't immediately like have your kids around this new price, because that's going to cause some trauma for your kids, and then they're probably going to grow up thinking like, I don't know. I just think that that's like probably not the best way to go about it. Is you need to like ease into the new relationship if you decide to pursue that with your children involved.
Speaker 1: Oh oh absolutely yeah. You don't want to bring around, like, you know, the new guy, because if it doesn't last, that'll probably just.
Speaker 4: Consiue me a guy who said it's a girl that he's in love with.
Speaker 1: I think it's a girl because she said my husband.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh I thought they said that. I didn't. Okay anyway, Okayta.
Speaker 1: Michelle writes in this is about soulmates, I'm a day late on this, but I have my soulmate for sure. I met my husband at fifteen years of age at Skate City in Colorado. We dated for a couple of months, then broke up, got back together, and now we are married, have three grown kids and eight grandkids. Wow, we've been together for thirty nine years and married thirty four years. He's by everything. I cannot live without him. Yes, he drives me crazy, but he's all mine. And double checking with the audio file, it looks like everything is good and clean and read to go. So that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. You know what you do if you're a fan of the show. What No, you're a supporter of the show, not a fan of the show. You support us by sending an email so we have something to talk about tomorrow on the Minnesota Goodbye. Whatever sparked an interest, I think we're probably done with Soulmates, probably done with that one, Probably done with the gross shit your dog is eaten or done.
Speaker 4: It was a one and done.
Speaker 1: But if you got anything else you want to bring up, love to hear from you. Six. I almost gave the phone number six five one nine eight nine KWB no no, no, Send your emails in to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.