Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on.
Speaker 2: My own, but not all.
Speaker 1: I called im with cecil and what's up? Everybody? Welcome to bored a f it's you girls, Hey, hey, Anna.
Speaker 2: Feels like, okay, we sometimes record this like super early, but this time we're recording it just just about twelve hours before you're getting it, so we're not that ahead of it. And like, it's weird when we do this, because what happened this weekend, like a lot happened, Like, I don't know if you heard this thing. Did you know that we have a president? Did you know that there's a president of this country? I don't feel like we really have one. Do you want to do you want me to tell you something that he said that people are going a little bit crazy. Okay, people are calling him an idiot. And here's wow, are we talking about our president of these United States?
Speaker 1: Yea of America? Yes? Okay. So, and this was on Fox News and Peter Doocey is the biggest douche They should call it Peter douchey. So Peter Douchey said to Trump. There's a report by the New York Post Uh, okay. Basically that part doesn't matter, he says. And I ask, respectfully, why do you think this keeps happening to you? You saw that? Did you see his answer? What was his answer? Oh?
Speaker 2: That he's because he's so such a big deal, he's so impactful.
Speaker 1: He says. I've studied this. I wish I could do it a Trump and pressont the beautiful people. I've studied assassinations, and they have to tell you, the most impactful people, the people that do the most. You look at history, whether it's Abraham Lincoln or others, Abraham Lincoln or others, whether the people that make the biggest impact are the ones they go after. They don't go after people that don't do much. They go after the ones that are doing big things. I hate to say it, but I'm honored by that. I'm honored by that. Wait, I've done a lot, and we've done things that nobody thought possible. This is the hottest country in the world right now, so people are losing their minds.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, he's yeah, he said, I was at my friend Franco's because I had gotten my haircut and we're going to go get a drink at like five six, and I was like, let me just come over.
Speaker 1: What are we doing. We're too old to go out.
Speaker 2: Let's just have a drink and watch TV. So we did and then he was like, oh my god, what's this? And then we were just glued and I had I had gone to the movies earlier.
Speaker 1: I gone. I took myself to.
Speaker 2: A movie by myself, but for my haircut, because I love I went to see Project Hail Mary, and I really liked it.
Speaker 1: It's not for you and that's okay.
Speaker 2: And I had a thought during the movie that I'm going to come back to that's very profound and a compliment to you. And I swear to God, this like all went through my head about you. But I'd gotten a large popcorn, you know, just giantormous.
Speaker 1: This is the compliment coming. You're like, listen, one thing to know about you. You're a little cheap and you would never go for the large, you know, it's the extra dollar. It went from small.
Speaker 2: It was ten dollars for a small and eleven dollars for a large, and I'm like, fuck it, and I got a large. And it was just even the people that were giving me the popcorn, they were like are you yeah, And I was like, listen, if there's anyone nearby that like you want to give them like half of this, I'm happy to do it. This is too much, I was, so I was basically in there by myself. I loved it, though, and I did not finish that. I only made the small dent and the popcorns. I'm like, fuck it, I'm taking this with me to the haircut and I'm taking it to Froncos.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just leaving the car.
Speaker 2: I'll eat it later. It was so much popcorn. So when I'd forgotten about it and we started watching the Trump thing, Franco was like, hey, can we have some of that popcorn? I was like, hell yeah, even a man. He got out two bowls each, two giant full bowls of the popcorn I had left.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hilarious and not.
Speaker 2: Trying to be and I'm not trying to be insensitive, but the fact that someone staged in another assassination account right.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be insensitive. Yeah. Sure, we're public. We don't want to say anything publicly that could make us sound insensible or anything.
Speaker 2: Look, it's always scary. Neither of us ever believe we wish that there was a world where we weren't that people that did not have access to guns like this. It's kind of the point that we've been all trying to make for a very long time. It doesn't seem to matter what anyone says. No one should just stab or shoot someone. It should not happen like this.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it. Luckily it didn't happen like this, so exactly it didn't.
Speaker 2: It hasn't seemed to happen with him. I mean, I don't I don't want to go into all that. Look, it's fucking crazy as shit, but I'm just really glad I had the popcorn.
Speaker 1: You know, And I'm just happy that Trump's ear heeled up so well because usually never mentioned that guy again, right, it never came up again. My friend brought up the fact that we talked about we have still to this day talk about Lee Harvey Oswald. I mean that name is in history books. JFK.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've talked about JFK and the assassination. There was an entire commission, the Warren Commission. We talk about it like almost monthly in somebody you know, in one friendship or another that somehow comes out right. We never without looking it up, I could not tell you the guy that was with loan to bits for trying to kill Trump and hitting him with a bullet, raising him with a bullet, couldn't tell you his name.
Speaker 1: Now that's weird, right, sure is? It's also what's also and it could speak to the fact that Trump is just like maybe some kind of a deity. But is the fact that normally, like normally according to like medical science, cartilage doesn't just like fix itself. It does not, but it did in Trump's in Trump's uh so, which is like, I don't know, if it's just so coot special, Yeah, it's really special. And I fine.
Speaker 2: You think about what's the thing called when Jesus had like stigmata, what's the thing called where the blood just comes straight from the hands when someone's going through some kind of spiritual situation. Usually it involves like a demon blood comes from the deeate and hands because it's supposed to represent like.
Speaker 1: Jesus on the cross. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Maybe Trump has that with his ears the blood just comes out because he's like Christ like figure. I don't know, I mean listen that, I mean.
Speaker 1: That makes that that's the first thing that's made a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 2: It does, it's the only thing that makes sense. It's our Aukham's razor. We take out every we look at every possible thing. It's like he is Christ Like I get that, we believe in the such things. I mean, listen, I want to knock.
Speaker 1: The thing that. Yes, I of course I did was to tell you what were you going to say? First? No, I was just gonna say, I think it's funny that we're taking a thing that Trump wouldn't even know what Oukham's razor is, and we're helping him. Yeah, And I want to say, if there's anybody who maybe thinks you know that, listen, we understand, like if do you think there's there might be a Trump.
Speaker 2: Voter or two that listens to us, We're not there could be, Okay, there could be, so you know, we don't want him to be assassinated and shot like that, Like we don't want that. So I'm just saying it was just the popcorn was good. It was delicious.
Speaker 1: That's what he wanted to do a show after He's like, the show must go on, and he wanted to do a little stand up which is so brave, like that's that's what I get out of it, that's Jesus, Like, that's what that is. One hundred percent. Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of people just get worse of words. All right, Now, bear with me on this little tiny story. I'll try not to make it too long, but I just want you to know I really did think of you. And at first it was bear with me. It was slightly negative, and then it became positive. Okay, I promise you, I swear to God. And I even like went back and forth on whether I was going to tell you at all, let alone on bord af.
Speaker 1: But fuck it.
Speaker 2: So I'm watching this movie about space and NASA and you and I had a conversation when the NASA moon landing or not landing happened, when they orbited the moon and landed back here.
Speaker 1: The artemist too, and you were like, yeah, I don't really care about that stuff.
Speaker 2: And I felt somehow a little hurt. And I don't know why I had to really dig into that. I'm like, hurt, Well, let me explain, not hurt. Miss, Like I'm like, I don't understand. We're such good friends and we have so much of the same taste and same thoughts, but sometimes they do differ, and that's okay. I'm like, how can and here's where my thought pattern went, Okay, how can someone like look at something like this and all of that goes into this, to the precision of every mathematical formula has to be exact to get these people in a rocket that goes to the moon and orbits the moon and then knows exactly when they're going to be out of communication, exactly the amount of time, how much fuel, Like all the math and all the precision that has to go into it, down to the Navy having to be exactly in the right place in the water, like all that, Like, how can you look at that and not be like in awe? And it's not just it's not just all that has to happen, but people's lives are at stake. It's not just like, oh, I really have interest in this NASA space thing. It's that all these people's lives are at stake based on these math formulas.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, how can she not see that?
Speaker 2: And then I realized I thought about this during the movie Wait a minute, Stephanie does that every day as a mother with her kids, every detail, every precision. She had three kids that she brought into this earth and made sure that every single lunch was packed and everybody's alive and safe, and all the details in precision that has to go with that is almost kind of the same in a different way.
Speaker 1: This was swear to God, Like all this went through my head during this movie, which I liked, and I was like, yeah, she sort of does that every day. Maybe she doesn't have time to think about NASA because she's got to like get her kids somewhere. I have more time. Well that's so sweet. I mean, I definitely have time to think of NASA, you know what I mean? Though? Some all different, everybody has a different interest. And I listen, I love the movie Hidden Figures. Does that count for anything? I did not like Hidden Figures? And I don't know why didn't, Well because you don't like black people. But that's where weird. I set myself up for that. I totally set it up. I just thought it was you do like black just not black women. That's just not anots.
Speaker 2: I mean no, but I really did go through that entire like how do we think different?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, she does that every day, Like every day she has to make a million decisions that keep people alive.
Speaker 1: So I think they I thank you for thinking the most positive way possible. I it's just that I don't. I don't know, well, you know a lot like I think space stuff. Yeah, and also I mean Lance Bass went to space. It's true, did he or did he just try to? It's still it's still amazing the NASA behind him, Harry went to space. I guess I'm just not like, you know, yeah, I think it's I think it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I mean they were shot up beyond the atmosphere, right, But they don't think they like I don't think they had experiments for fourteen days ten days like they didn't. It's not the same as the scientific I'm saying. The people that are able to make shit like this happen. I just I'm in such awe. But it doesn't matter. Like there are things that people love to talk about that I don't like that are you know, maybe I don't know. I'm trying to think of it, like I'm trying to think of something that like, well.
Speaker 1: Here's another one that you love and are obsessed with that I don't care about and that's like the British the you know, like you stayed upile to watch the watch the Princess Diana wedding and I didn't care.
Speaker 2: Well, that makes more sense. I think you're on the good I think you're on the right side of that. I think I definitely like maybe the pop culture of that. But I'm also such an Anglo phile, so that started really young for me. And I don't know why. I really don't know why where that came from, but probably from the news. I was probably told how important Princess I was, so I believed it and then caught in it, you know, But that one I wouldn't fight for because that's just like kind of a dumb thing. That's like a like, oh my god, what do I even have to do with that. I like, I guess the tradition of it. And I loved, you know, the Brits, but as my friend Andy pointed out to me once, it's like, well, they don't love you. And I don't mean all Brits, but I mean the Royals. Probably you couldn't marry into that family. Ah well, yeah, they certainly didn't love you. Back in the sixteen hundreds and the fourteen hundreds. You know, you wouldn't have lived among them. That was fair enough. And I was like, okay, because I hate myself, let me love the Brits self hating, you know, yeah, I get it, But I think that's different. I think that's a different thing. There's a lot of weird things that I like, but that's I mean, everybody's got like the thing that they like. Yeah, I think I told you this thing that I have. And I'm not in any way comparing you to my mom. But like sometimes I get really mad because I'm like, why don't you listen to the lyrics?
Speaker 1: Why don't you did it?
Speaker 2: You know, we're different like that, or why don't you like poetry or whatever? And she just doesn't. And then one day she's like, I'm reading this really interesting book about women in Iran. She's like women in the Persian and I'm like, you are. It was like shocking, and then I felt kind of bad because I'm like, what do I think I have some kind of higher Like no, we just have different interests.
Speaker 1: I haven't read a book about women in Iran.
Speaker 2: She was doing a book on tape, but I thought that was pretty like it's a shit anyway.
Speaker 1: Reading. If you listen to something on audible.
Speaker 2: It's still reading because she's learning. I mean, I can barely see the When do you pick up books anymore? I have a hard time.
Speaker 1: Actually reading the words. Yeah, I was going to say, like, I always feel good about myself if I get through an audible because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, that's a two percent the same thing. What would be the difference? You're still absorbing the information. My mom can't see anymore, really, so she has to do a book on tape right or whatever they call it. But I'm starting to be able to not when I read, like sometimes the letters go together.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh, you should get your prescription checked.
Speaker 3: I should.
Speaker 2: I should get some reading gleases, get some readas reading gleases.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about Chris Titus real quick? Should we talk about it? Yes? Yes, do you have the thing brought up?
Speaker 2: Let me get it up. Let me just get it right up right here? Do you want to give us a little background of when we talk?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we talked about Christopher Titus. He's a comedian who he's known for having edge, but a lot of people like him, A lot of people, A lot of people I feel I feel okay. Well, part of the thing was that I said, I've never thought he was funny like, but he was a big thing, a very big thing for a while, and he does a lot of stuff about like he talked a lot about his marriage, and I think though he.
Speaker 2: Said very angry and he allegedly abused her, he was very angry because that she said that, and then he went to court for many years to say that it wasn't true and was very upset that, Like, there was an accusation which we don't know was or wasn't true.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we don't know, how can we know, nor do we care that much?
Speaker 2: But don't I just want to say, I think statistically women don't. It can happen. There can be false allegations for sure, but I don't think they often make up being physically abused.
Speaker 1: But when it happens, girl like you have you loved you gotta listen to this podcast Love Trapped about what's going on with Coulton? Oh shit, yes, not Colton. Who's the other one? Clayton. Clayton is the one that Dave Neil like helped get This woman is absolutely absolutely batshit crazy psychopath and done this to like three other guys that this like thing that she did that she tried to trap them and tell them that she was pregnant and it's so full of lies and she went to court. There's like the podcast all about the part case. Yeah, it does happen. It could have happened with Chris Titus too. We don't know. It could have probably not though, because the thing is Chris Titus was is already his whole persona was being super angry. So the reason we bring it up is because a little while ago he was tweeting. He was not tweeting. He was threads ing is threading threading that some really anti Semitic shit and uh.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he said jrew America. He called it United States of jre America. And then when someone pushed back, he was like okay, big old brothers. Yeah he was, and he wouldn't take it down, and people were trying. People were really giving him a lot of grace about it, and like, are you okay? I think you need to like check in that kind of thing, and I was. I was not having any of that. I was like, oh, do not check it. He's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was he was double and tripling down on it anyway.
Speaker 2: And he also he also defended Swallwell, I just want when the first accusations came out, he didn't believe the women immediately defended him and then took that. Then he took that down. He was like, sorry, my bad, I can't believe I was wrong about that. But his first thought was to defend someone accused.
Speaker 1: And his whole thing too, is that while you have to understand, like my ex wife is a bit who's like trying, who's you know, accused me of wrongdoing? Well, that's not helping Chris Titus. Is that helping your cause to go? Sorry? Yeah, it's just my own trauma, Like my wife's a cunt. Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he threads like every hour he's really on here, he's very online. So here's what he threaded a day ago. This is about right, two days when you're listening, Can I read it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So happy, so free, so confidence, so aware, so alive, so loving, so in control, so confronted, so strong, so scared, regretful, so powerful, so clear, so anxious, so strong, so flailing, so sorry, so new, so ready, so committed, so healthy, sober. Day one did I have a lot.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of fun about this. First of all, so narcissistic, So like you, what does he think he's like a great writer, Like what does he thinks going on here? Like I'm all for self expression.
Speaker 2: You know that I do it myself and I put personal stuff up too, but like there's a.
Speaker 1: Russell brand characteristic in here, right, yes, yes?
Speaker 2: And also how convenient. God, I've said some really fucked up things. He's just and I've said this under his own threads many times. I'm like, he's just ignore him. He's just trying to get in the he wants to sell tickets. He's going to the that's he knows that it's going to put.
Speaker 1: Him on the map. And it did.
Speaker 2: And I told you I sent him a personal message. I don't know why that. I sent him a message and I was like, this is what Why what you said is hurtful? Why won't you take it down? I want to believe like something's going on. I really did try and never wrote back.
Speaker 1: Do we think he saw it? I don't know if you saw it.
Speaker 2: Maybe he did, who knows, But like all the comments are like you don't know me, but I want to Oh, this is the first comment. Oh my god, I kind of don't want to read this one because it's very coded. Let me see if you picked up what I picked up on this. So remember he called us the United States of j America. This person wrote, you don't know me, but I want to impress upon you that there's an entire industry in this country that will attempt to tell you that you're the problem when you are not. The reasons that brought you to the space in your life and are yours and yours alone, but are not the problem. There are reasons why we wind up in this space, and none of them are because we are the problem. He's trying to say, like the Jews are shutting them down. Yes, it's very clear to me and forty people like that, And then a lot of people like, we're rooting for you one day at a time. Are you supposed to post day one? Are you trying to say like every single day one?
Speaker 1: I mean? Or is that Maybe it's okay? Maybe he's trying to hold himself accountable. I don't know, Well I don't. I guess I can't speak for all sober people, but I can say, with like my own opinion, is that that is such rabid bullshit, like come on, like fuck yourself, Like it's very rand, it's very Russell brand. It's very like, oh my god, all that stuff that I said, I was drunk. I was in a bad place and now I'm doing great. You're not doing great on day one. You're you there's you're at a rock bottom on day one. On day one, you did some shit the night before that made you really rethink your life, like you and it's probably not gonna stick. Like, I mean, you not know all he does. This guy is a nut job.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not saying because if he is an attic, he's using that as an excuse, like you just said, like for all these things, you don't just take you don't have a couple of drinks and then just say United States like you that already. So even if that was true that he was drunk or high when he wrote that, like, that's such a Roseanne. That's such the Roseanne. I took an ambient and was racist because of it. Thank you, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it's like, especially when you're saying, oh, day one, first of all, when I got sober, I talked about it on my blog, which was just my blog. It wasn't threads, it wasn't all like a ton of followers. And I didn't do it on day one. I did it on like, I mean, it was still early. I believe it was like a week into it. But I talked about also because.
Speaker 2: You'd written a lot of books about us drinking and being fun mom, and so I think you felt kind of like you needed for your followers and your readers to go, hey, something's going on with me. I've had a realization. I want to kind of talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was honest with people about like the thing that was going on. I didn't just go, hey, guys doing great. I'm so proud of myself, like I'm I'm in such a great place. I feel free. I didn't do any of that nonsense. That is nonsense, that's not like, oh my god. Also, what is he talking about? Sober? Sober from what? From what?
Speaker 2: From being a dick, from being an anti semi It doesn't even say like not that he has to lead whatever his issues were, but nothing, there's no specific even with Russell Brand, the whole thing was about it being specific. I was a sex addict, I was on heroin. He was very like forthcoming about his specifics of the drugs, right, not that it makes him any better, like.
Speaker 1: Maybe Christy's probably he's way worse than this guy, but still, yes, exactly, I mean I think that that's crazy. I think it's such a what. Also, again, just I can't say enough about the day one of it all, Like so, what does that mean? You're on day one, like it's it's your first day sober. How are you possibly up here saying like I feel amazing on day one? Yeah, day one.
Speaker 2: Like you're just there's everything's good there. Then you're just able to you're not in a play like you're.
Speaker 1: Just let me with this. Yeah, you're not need questioning anything. You're just like, I'm so great. This guy's this sobriety choice has been amazing. Well what's it been eight hours? Like you so you haven't had a drink since last night? And this is like like Idris, yes.
Speaker 2: And did he ever never really apologize for the things that he does? And also it's not like he's saying I mean, he can say whatever he wants, but it's not like he's writing like listen, I know it's kind of crazy. To do this, but I want to be held accountable. I want people to watch me. I've struggled with this and let me be honest about it. No, none of us knew any of that, And it's just this long, weird written by like an eight year old, like some going, what are some of your feelings right now, Chris Well, I feel aware? Okay, write that down, like there's nothing deep about this.
Speaker 1: No, but what's the part there's something on somebody. People were making comments that he has apparently had like addiction issues since for many many years because there's something else that he got sober before, or let's look it up. Oh yeah, let's look that up.
Speaker 2: That's and listen, we're not ever saying, especially Stephanie, I mean, we're neither of it. We support one hundred percent someone that wants to make a change in their life for the better. But it's not the same as saying a bunch of racist, anti Semitic, anti women things and then just going like I was so drunk, you guys, I'm so good now day one, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: It's insulting? Okay, So here here's something. The five things to know about Christopher Titus. Uh, he's made a career. I'm going to read you this just so we can have a little backstory. He's made a career out of dysfunction from discussing his mother's mental health issues, his father's alcoholism, his divorce, and his issues with the current political system. Titus is known for being abrasive and in your face with his comedy, but he's also been open with his fans discuss seeing all of the wild situations he dealt with growing up, his former struggles with drugs and alcohol, and his love for his wife and children. So he has struggled with alcohol. Okay, a bonfire is the reason he got into comedy. As a young man, Titus struggled with drugs and alcohol. One night while hanging out with some friends at a beach party, he ended up falling into a bonfire. Since he was so intoxicated, that was the thing. In the morning, his friends finally decided to take him to the hospital. His doctor informed Titus that if he'd inhaled the smoke while in the bonfire, he would have died. The incident caused him to quit drugs and alcohol and go into comedy. And then he says, you don't need aa after that falling into a bonfire is a one step program. That was a joke he made in his special, So obviously not you think he fell into another bonfire? What are the odds of that? What if that's the next post? He's like, guys, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm embarrassed, but I did fall in to a bonfire again, So day one sober?
Speaker 1: Oh, listen to this though. No, this is just interesting and it's not like for or against Christopher Titus. But did you know this? His mother killed a man, says. One of the topics Titus discusses in his first special is his mother murdering her husband in the mid nineties. She suffered from manic depression and schizophrenia while also dealing with an abusive husband. This, this is him.
Speaker 2: Talking, explained, that kind of gives us a little something there that I'll give him that that's horrible.
Speaker 1: This is what he wrote. This is his quote. This guy was not a good guy. He was half O J. Simpson and half o J. Simpson with some Scott Peterson sprinkles on top. He said, he beat the shit out of my mom and crushed her face in. So she went upstairs, got a gun and shot him three times. Because she didn't want him to do that again. And she was ultimately acquitted of murder and received his life insurance policy. And then he said he joked she was insane, not crazy.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. That is an interesting point. Yeah, that doesn't it doesn't forgive like it does tell us. It tells us a couple of things, like that maybe he has mental illness on top of whatever that he inherited that or somehow, you know, it sounds like, yeah, he's had a rough go. That is a kind of makes me feel a little for him in a weird way. Although I still I'm going to say I did not appreciate the United States of d America.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't like that's a thing you can't. It doesn't excuse anti Semitism, and that's what we're I mean, I would say that also about Roseanne. I mean, all of the people that do these sa say awful things and then go I was fucked up, Like that's exactly.
Speaker 2: Like you think what you think? I don't get drunk and save these things, right, I don't like you know, I mean, you do meth, but you don't usually can I tell you something a little off, But it has to do with a bonfire and drugs, So it's kind of the same, but it's not about Christitis. Yes, I have a story that makes me laugh, but my friends always tell the story.
Speaker 1: I have a group of these guy friends.
Speaker 2: They all went to University of Portland together, No, University of Oregon, right, okay, go ducks, and they they all went there together, and they tell this story about one time they went camping in Joshua Tree.
Speaker 1: Ever tell you the story. I don't think so. No, it makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: And they took some mushrooms and they took they took some mushrooms and they sat around the bonfire, and they were all like laughing, you know, laughing like you do about whatever because they took mushrooms.
Speaker 1: And then they.
Speaker 2: Decided that they that they were going to write a script, like a screenplay.
Speaker 1: They were all writing, you know, writers, and.
Speaker 2: They were going to write a screenplay from the point of view of the fire. They named the fire mcflamey, like you would. Yeah, And then they were gonna they just were laughing and laughing and laughing and they're like, oh my god, we're going to write it and it's gonna be from mc clainey's point of view. Like that whole thing, you know, and they came up with all these ideas and then one of them, it just like the mushrooms turned on him, you know, as they do, as drugs can turn. They turned on him, and everybody else is laughing and they can't breathe. They're laughing so hard because they can't wait to write this movie from the fire's point of view.
Speaker 1: But he gets really freaked out.
Speaker 2: And he's like, I stop talking about it, and they're like, no, it's funny, and he's like they can hear us. So he starts thinking that the government can hear that they're gonna have they're gonna write this movie, and that they're going to get in trouble. So he goes and locks himself in the van that they had taken to get there. He just locks himself in the van until morning, until it passed, and then he was fine. The Wody tells the story, it was just like really cold and all these blankets around him, and he's just thinking about this fire and about the government.
Speaker 1: It's just over.
Speaker 2: So the christitus of it all, there being a bonfire involved and drugs, just really made me think, I wish, I wish that he'd had a better experien Imagine all the other dudes.
Speaker 1: Had a great time. Imagine if that movie got made. Though, they're like, and then that's the story behind it they have to keep telling. They're like Okay, they're like, how did you guys get the idea for the mcflamey? Like it is one of the biggest movies of all big blockbuster hit. Stephen Spielberg ended up doing it. What's the one that like water like like water World? No? No, what was the one about the monster that's oh, oh yeah, the one that del Toro did. Yes, yeah, he's like a fish. Yes, yes, it's like that. That director directed it. You know, we're like it's weird, but like it's so good. Like people like a lot of people just didn't get it. They're like, it could be well done.
Speaker 2: There's a world in which you could make any movie good if you really, like I think the movies about the guys coming up with a movie and it could be hilarious, you know, like a hangover type thing that just takes the turn because one of them just goes nuts. I don't know where that goes or how funny that could be, but like, why not make a movie from the Fire as the lead. I just I just like behind the might have just been Flamey, not not Micflamey.
Speaker 1: You added the mix. Oh, I think you kind of saved the picture. That's what the studio notes are.
Speaker 2: They're like, Okay, we love what you have so far. We love point of view of the fire, we love Flamey. We'd like to throw this out at you because we do have a deal with McDonald's that we would like to like do some product placement. How do you feel about Micflamey And they're like, whatever, we did not think we'd get this far.
Speaker 1: We know. I like the idea that they actually are like absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Are you fucking kidding me. They're like, oh my god, my god, did you even read the script. You don't get it at all. They're like, no, nothing would change, it's exactly the same. His name would just be mcflamey instead of just flameing. And they're like, Nope, you are disgusting, sirs. Is why the industry is crumbling. But then but they like want to put a happy.
Speaker 1: Meal in the scene.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna gently put this like a frost like not a frosty, but yeah, some McDonald's fries.
Speaker 1: We'll just put them right, don't even worry about it. Just just you're not even you're not seeing this right now. It's like so gentle, like no one's gonna even notice.
Speaker 2: It's like like, but none of us rot McDonald's fries to this moment, why would mcflamey even want to eat fries? And they're like, well, why would mcflamey even have a conscience. I mean, if he has a conscience, like, yeah, why wouldn't you want fries? I'm hungry right just thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe, like they end up doing it on Project green Light, which was probably more around at the time.
Speaker 2: I told you, and I'm so I told you this joke so many times, but I have to because you brought it up. But I used to go on stage and say that I had gotten accepted to Project green Light.
Speaker 1: No one ever even knew what I was talking about.
Speaker 2: I had to explain what it was the Matt Damon, ben Affleck Thaning, and I had to explain it. But I was like, I had two scripts accepted to Project green Light, and one of them was about the monkey.
Speaker 1: Remember, I was like, one of them is about.
Speaker 2: A monkey who by day he he drives a school bus, but by night he follows his dreams, which is also ironically to drive a school.
Speaker 1: People didn't really laugh because they didn't understand that.
Speaker 2: I was like, why would that be a script? Why would that be on Project Greenlight? No one knew what I was talking about. It was like, it's called Uncle Grumps, that's his name.
Speaker 1: But nobody really liked it. Well, it's it's such a shame because it was really good. I told you, I've told you this story before, but it bears repeating. It's in our topic. So many years ago I almost became like a best not best selling, not like a best selling author, but I almost sold a sold a screenplay with Bonnie Horticulture. Well it was before Horticulture. It was called Falling Up, and it was a it was a thoughtful it was ahead of its time, and it was a movie about a girl who's like very gen xy. And this was you know, this was I mean, how many years ago. It was my mid twenties and now I'm in my late fifties, so it was many years ago, thirty years ago, so there was no there weren't cell phones anyway. The whole thing was it was kind of this quiet, like independent, independent feeling. Now I mean it was it was good, but it was like it's not relevant, It's not really relevant anymore. But the point is we got We had so many meetings, and in one of our meetings we we really I mean, I've told you this before because my joke was like, oh my god, like I was seeing John we weren't married, and I was like, oh my god, he's going to be so intimidated by like my fate, my success, like I'm going to be just really.
Speaker 2: Rich, Like how is this going to work with just like a commoner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Like I was very like success is going to ruin our happy home, like my success it was, you know. Anyway, it did not sell. We got We had like forty meetings and a lot of people like blue Smoke up our ass. But a couple of the meetings and they started to peter out. We were getting meetings for like doing like writing on other people's scripts, you know, which we were thrilled. We were like, oh my god, well, okay, great, our next thing. We're going to be high paid script doctors like sign us up. We had some of the most insane meetings, but one of them, these people pitched us it was I want to say it was the Fairly Brothers company. It was some big company that was telling us this movie that was just all body switching. And we were trying not to laugh because it was like, Okay, so here's the thing that we're working on, and in the moment you're going to get asked for your thoughts, like so you know you're going to have to go like, oh my god, I love this idea. But it was like it's a whole family and it's like there's multiple like body switches. I think they ended up making that movie. Oh my god. It was like the dad switches with the daughter who switched, she switch, which is with the mom, and it was called like multi whatever, and Bonnie and I are like, oh my god. We and we were trying not to look at each other. We were trying not to laugh, but it was all the things that you make fun of that were are not our movie. We're like, did you read the script that we like? What part of you thinks that we're going to be the people to help you with your body switching? So then Bonnie and I came up with this fake This was later we were like, let's have like a fake movie to pitch to people, and it was like a guy and we were making ourselves laugh so hard because we're like, we should pitch this with a straight face, like to a company like this. Okay, it's like a guy who turns into a whale. He starts turning into a whale. But then we had scenes We're like, okay, picture this. He's in his bathtub and all of a sudden, like just water like starts coming. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he gets a blowhole. Okay, hear me out let us Okay, I care hold magic, hold on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, I fucking love fake. I love them so much. I love fake.
Speaker 2: I mean there's a whole like, didn't Patton Oswold start like a whole website about that, like fake fake Scriptsvie scripts. Wasn't there like something or bad movie scripts? Maybe it was even crazier than that. Oh, there's a whole patent thing that we could talk about. We're almost out of time, I know time.
Speaker 1: What's the patent thing? Well, crazy thing? Yeah, no, we should mention that.
Speaker 2: We have a little okay time, because we love patent and we want to say. He put up this beautiful post about his late wife, Michelle, who died obviously and he's happily remarried, and everybody was ruled for him to be remarried, and he put up this post and he was like, you know, it was on her maybe her birthday was it, or her death, whatever it was.
Speaker 1: And he was like, I think we think about you all the time. Love you baby, he said something like that, and yeah, he didn't say he said miss you baby. Yeah, he said miss your baby, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people started coming for him, like imagine being the current wife of that, which all right, it's not a very nice thing to say to him. If you want to think that, think that, but why would you write that on threads haggening him?
Speaker 1: So she the current wife there seem pretty happy, meredon and challenger.
Speaker 2: Yes, and she was like basically defended him straight up, was like no, it we're good, don't worry.
Speaker 1: It's okay for him to say that. We taught.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm honored every day to even be part of this man's life and his daughter's life, you know.
Speaker 1: He like she said something to the effect of like, no, it's the opposite, like I'm so yes, he I feel so sad about my husband. And about two people that I love, Yeah, having lost somebody that they love and feelings that they.
Speaker 2: Love, and she had so much respect and people. You know, that was so kind of her to do that. But like, what kind of person would go online like publicly and go after patent for something like that?
Speaker 1: The same people people hate him because he's liberal, you know that, it's the same people that all accused him of killing her his wife. Oh my god, there were people that accused him of killing Oh my god. It was a huge thing. It was all over Twitter everything, Lindy thing that came up that came up with the Lindy fight, that Patton bringing it back to Lyndy, which, by the way, go listen to our to Lindy things.
Speaker 2: That was member part of the fight that they had. And I don't remember exactly the details, but like it was brought up.
Speaker 1: I feel.
Speaker 2: I came up with their arguing to I mean, I could find it, but it's going to take a walk because it's so layered. But that that has come up before, that's fucking madness. No one really believed that they were just trolling him.
Speaker 1: Lindy West goes off on Patton Oswalt. Oh, this is ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Yes, we talked about that because I was really mad.
Speaker 1: It says the headline, this is on Reddit my favorite Lindy West goes off on Patton Oswalt, also anti gg but pro comedy for saying s J. Patton has none of her bs. Yes, we talked about this did well.
Speaker 2: We talked about the justice word that whole conversation. But there was something that got brought up about him what he'd gone through, and I don't remember what it was, but he brought it up with her in the discussion and the argument with Lyndby, so it was, yeah, that's how I did hear about it at one point like you're going to say this to me, but I don't remember who said what, the point being it's crazy and people are dicks and really don't read the comments unless you know sometimes people can be kind. There's good people out there too that are lovely and supportive. But yeah, they came for him on that and it was just gross.
Speaker 1: Well, also there was the rape jokes things.
Speaker 2: Well, that was Joe, the Jim Norton situation. She was going after she she had a debate. This is back before Charlie Kirk was even.
Speaker 1: Just a Zygote. They would do these comedy debates.
Speaker 2: Remember we talked about it on that show and he debated, and I bring up Charlie Kirk because he loved the debate. He tried to you know, people say he brought the debate and it's like people were debating long before Charlie Kirk was doing that, uh huh. And they debated about that, and Jim Norton was like defending the right to say whatever you want to say in comedy, and she was saying, why it's not.
Speaker 1: Funny, And I kind of remember back then. I kind of was on Lindy.
Speaker 2: Side on that one against Jim Norton, if I'm honest, And then she kind of went crazy and took a turn on everyone. Not went crazy, but like, you know, we went different ways. I want to say before we go, though, a friend of mine, a good friend of the shows, read the Lena Dunham book and said it is fantastic. Yeah, because we talked about Lena Dunham. That's a different thing. I want to talk about her and we defended her too on our on our cringe. But they say that the and you know, for the most part, but apparently this book is great.
Speaker 1: We should read it, yeah, or we should listen to it. Yeah, we definitely listened to it. Let's say hi to our fabulous friends who are always on the right side of everything. Not one time have they been on the wrong side, Like Randy may Ames. You're gorgeous, Caroline BASTIONI even prettier than Randy, if that's possible, It's not right.
Speaker 2: Silvano Jametti, Happy birthday. By the way, it's a day after your birthday. If you're listening on Monday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And Sandra Green, you're swell. Call it. You're our rock. Patrick, name your price. Julie turn turn the Bull, red Bull, She's a red bull. Victoria was never married to Robert Blake. I don't know why you've go's a mistake? What say?
Speaker 2: Like, why do people get on Twitter and say that Andrea cra Volkswagen, No Ford the Ford, Andrew Crawford.
Speaker 1: Dick is frolicking. Is Sean is the greatest dad? That's what I want to see.
Speaker 2: Sean is gonna vaja pay it forward. That's what he's going to do. Carry is mall no one, No, he is not a moller no no.
Speaker 1: Karen Lyndon Johnson. No, that's not that's not true. Watson, Watson, my dear, Karen, my dear, Watson, my dear, you found it. You found it, Jill. The Fall of the Shaw. But good good, this one's a little tough.
Speaker 2: Athena goonshard shards of my heart.
Speaker 1: Sean.
Speaker 2: You'll never pay a price with Sean because he's just a good friend. He is genuinely my friend. Yes, and Kate did not.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes. Were we all over the place a little bit? We were all over the place.
Speaker 2: We went from talking about a very serious thing with Chris Titus and being mad and like talking about his bipolar mom to my friend trying to sell a scream about fire.
Speaker 1: So we really, like, you know, this is a good time to do. I think our outro before we do our outro, Yes, tell him, push it, tell him because this is the thing that you use. Oh, oh my god, Sorry, I thought you were going to say something else. Yeah, and then I'm going to say something else. But we want to talk about hers right now. Hers GLP ones. Listen, if you have felt stuck trying to lose the weight, you're not alone. A lot of people are talking about these GLP ones and using them, and now for Hers can get you the we go V pill or the we go V pen, so you don't even have to use a needle. That's a lot of people, a lot of beautiful people feel like they're being kept out of using GLP once because they're scared of needles. But now you can just take a pill and for hers can help you get it. So are you ready to reach your goals? Visit for Hers dot com slash rose pricks to get personalized affordable care that gets you. That's f O r h g rs dot com slash rose pricks. For hers dot com slash rose prisk. Wait list by Hers is not available at all fifty states. We Go V is the registered trademark of Novote nordisk As. To get started and learn more, including important safety information we go clinical study information restrictions, visit for hers dot com. Listen, you guys are great people, and we had recorded a Patreon episode for you, and it was all about Russell Brand and his shenanigans. So when you go to listen to it on cringe, you're going to hear at the beginning to borde f Patreon, but it's not. But then we did record a different, very special Patreon for you guys, and we're so appreciative of you guys still hanging with us on Patreon. It helped support us and our children and lifestyle very drug fueled in Sesley's Park. Fu do you want Ccily to always be able to make the choice between immedia like a small? Do you want her to have to get a small or do you want her to get a medium and have more to share after exactly? Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Now, I think this is a good time for us to say our autro because this time we were you mean it, We love you, we thank you, and we are sorry.
Speaker 1: We were. We were outrageous. Yes I e hi